Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I am your host, Will Compton. The boy Taylor. He is up in the Great White North. He is north of the Wall in Canada. He is an enemy territory. But the boys camping this week.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: We're already we're talking. That's Game of Thrones reference say no political podcast, boys, you guys know that. But before we get into the episode, because it's a lot of good shit. We got Greg Golson, we have some tiers. Oh wait, wait, wait, it's not Greg Golson. That's why I already already showed you guys who's coming next week, Brian Urlacker. That was fucking awesome. What a whirlwind of a day that wash.
Speaker 2: We get Taylor. He zooms in for a little bit.
Speaker 1: We're recapping everything that we've had this last week because the boys have been ascending in the outer space. But I bring you our presenting sponsor, the most durable, reliable vehicle on the road, the Chevy Silverado Strong, Advanced, dependable just like the people who have them. You know, the boy rocks to the Chevy high Country. I love that truck. Got it from our boys right down the road at Freeland Chevrolet, the Chevy Siverado modern advance with a ton of grit, a partner in getting things done, especially when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to the heart and soul of a pickup truck. The bed.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, talk about Jack's chances of getting a new Chevy Silverado. The boy Jackie has made it in an ad read. Let's fucking go boys. So for those of you who have been following the bus, you know we have this little banter we got going on, this little cat and mouse game we're playing with Rich Iron right now, we post a photo of rich ieson every day until he comes on the bus. Jack, our social media guy, is in charge of doing that. He hasn't missed a day yet. Every day he's coming correct with a rich iroond photo. Rich we have I feel like I feel like rich on their episode The Rich Iron Show, they should just create a Busting with the Boys segment because I think Rich they talk about busting with the boys, or they recap all the tweets and posts that have been going on about them.
Speaker 2: I think maybe once a week.
Speaker 1: But so the deal is Jack is able to get a Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: Whenever Rich Eisen comes on the bus.
Speaker 1: We promise Jack that if he drops a photo and continues to do so every day and doesn't miss one day, and when Rich finally comes on the bus, Jack is earning himself a Chevy Silverado from the boys to him. But that is part of the aterid I love that? Can we go back to the attery real quick? The Silverado's strong advanced to pinnaball hardworking, all the good shit boys, gritty. If you're in America, you need to be your ass needs to be in a Chevy Silverado for the July is coming up. All the good stuff boys, get in a Chevy, get one for your dad, get one for yourself, save up. I don't care what you gotta do. A Chevrolet in the USFA. I've said that before. I wish I would have set up that tagline a little bit better. But get a Chevy boys, shout out our presenting sponsor to the Chevy Silverado. We love you guys, we appreciate you. We hope this is a partnership that lasts for all of eternity. Now to get into the episode, we have done a lot of shit this last week.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: The boys have been back there grinding. They're gonna get a week off next week, the fourth of July week to have it all off. It's the first time we've ever given a vacation day. They complained enough. We finally heard them. Barseol had to tell us, hey, give them a break. They've been fucking going balls to the wall, and that shit is true. I do not want it to go unsaid that we have. I know everyone says they have the hardest working crew in the world. I think I will say we have one of the hardest working crews in the world because the Boys grind. We're a team of the We are a team of six, but aside from Taylor and I, it's a team of four that puts together the pod, the content, the social media, the clips, the creativity, the production of it, all of it, the merchandise, everything. These boys, the team of four, They do absolutely everything for this podcast. And I'll just jump right into it. Boys, whenever you're listening to this episode. I don't know if we're still up there, but on Spotify we are the number one fucking sports podcast in the world.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's give a fucking round of balls. Listen.
Speaker 1: And I'm not claiming we have the most listened to because I'm not gonna say that I don't know how they algorithm works, because I know part of my take, they've been king forever. I'm sure they have the most audio downloads out there. Like the way the algorithms work, I have no clue.
Speaker 2: I do know this.
Speaker 1: We've been camping in the top five, the top ten for a while. Our consistency is slowly has been slowly growing over time. Again, we do not have the numbers, like the part of my takes, the spit and chicklets. Those guys in the list, they might have more than this. I have no fucking clue. But I will say being number one and seeing our name and logo at the top of that list for however long it is, it could already be off.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even fucking matter anymore.
Speaker 1: It might be off by the time that this episode comes out. However, we have the photo evidence and then that will lift for eternity. But to have that, boys, and to know where we were three years ago, Blost, I know you're back there during those sunny ass days, bro, Like we were in a gravel parking lot with a fucking duct tape bus made this like all the stickers were already up there. But we turned it into a little podcast studio. I know you can kind of see it in the cameras, and we ran off two generators, one that would flicker and we couldn't trust it, so we would have to wait. We're part right next to an RV business, where if RV's families weren't using the business or the building to plug up and power there RV or whatever the case may be, we would have to talk to the business owner and ask if we could plug into the building to use power to produce our podcasts.
Speaker 2: We ran our internet.
Speaker 1: Was off of a I was off of an iPhone hotspot, and we bootstrapped that thing, and Taylor and I would talk before we dropped the podcast, Like our first one might have done like five thousand on audio, our first mini down because we didn't do YouTube right away, and I think we had five thousand, and people were like excited that we were doing something, like I'm sure that that's why, like let's see what these guys are actually gonna do, Like let's see how they sound blah blah blah, this and that. But the key is always like the consistency and if you can retain that audience and build it over time, but like Taylor and I would be on the phone stressing over how it's sounded. Do we think this is gonna give? Should we take this out? Should we cut this out? Like we talked about we thought about editing so much stuff out.
Speaker 2: We did edit.
Speaker 1: Somehow, but we were always like in our own head because nobody, no athletes actively.
Speaker 2: Playing, was doing it like that.
Speaker 1: Like I know JJ Reddick had had a podcast while he was playing, but I'm saying now it's becoming more of like a norm of guys athletes branding having a podcast podcasting while they're playing. Hell Tremond Green's podcasting right after a game. And we would just be in our head about like doing this because Taylor had justuned a big deal. I wasn't even on a team. I was a free agent. I didn't know if doing that and being this vocal and like talking about jerk off stories or getting hammered or injecting BPC one fifty seven and all these things would be like, hey, he's too loud on the mic would play me out of the league, Like you're just you're taking a shot in the podcasting world. And to know that we are looking at ourselves at number one is just fucking awesome because we would contract guys out. That's how we met Bloss. Now we have this stable team of four like, shout out to you guys in the back, all the guys in the back that work hard on this bus.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our fans.
Speaker 1: Because the camaraderie and vibes that you guys bring on social media at the tailgates to watch parties, dude, fucking all of it. We are a homegrown and home operated podcast. Like yes, we partnered up with Barstool Sports because we ended up getting identified by going viral a couple times with were Able talking about cutting his stick off for a Super Bowl, Jalen Ramsey talking shit on wide receivers, like just a couple of dudes like one and a half people on and using our access to give guys platforms, have fun and build camaraderie, bring the locker room to life. And we've been doing that and it's legitimately because obviously Taylor and I can come up here and rip on a pod.
Speaker 2: I can have great conversations with guys.
Speaker 1: Taylor can have great conversations with guys and run a podcast by himself. I'm sitting up here by myself, Like we figure out ways to make it work. Whenever Taylor wants to go on vacation, I might be getting married or going on a honeymoon, Like we're always figuring that out. We do it with you guys who are watching and listening right now, And it's because you guys tune in and you guys subscribe, you guys unsubscribe, you resubscribe, you shout it out on your social media. Is like, you're building this motherfucker with us, dude. But because it's not just Taylor and I, we can do the content shit, but the guys in the back who produce it keep in front of your eyes all the time, you guys engaging with it, shouting it out and fucking being for the boys, buying the merch I'm wearing, Like the shit I'm wearing right now. I mean, the shorts aren't busting with the boys because it's fourth of July, one of the best holidays in the world's coming up. But I'm rocking this for the boys shirt. We're getting to make merchandise. This is an og an og hat for the boys ropat and like, you guys buy the merch you shout all that shit out, you show up to the tailgates, you have the best fucking time.
Speaker 2: You cheers with us, like, I'm fired up right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you feel the passion oozing out of me right now, but I'm fired up because we are fucking sitting at number one. Doesn't matter if it's for five minutes or not, but the perspective of it and seeing how far we've come in three years time, knowing that it's just been this fucking small team of dudes who are just like, Hey, do you think this sounds good? Do you think this is gonna be good? Should we talk about this? Should we talk about that? Like it's fucking awesome?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: We should have a shot boys like Whistle Pig. We got Whistle Big Soap, we got the we got the pig Top. What's this dude called Uncle Pig? Sure, Uncle ham dude, we got Uncle Ham tops. They go on to the piggyback. You guys need to buy a shit. Whistle Pig is an insanely good whiskey brand.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I brought on the uh won the fus on you guys.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring on my tenure.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring on the Boss Hawk seven or the Boss Are the Whistle Big twelve year, but I brought on the ten here, and we.
Speaker 2: Should do shots.
Speaker 1: We should do shots for however long this lasts, bust with the boys being a number one pod and we're gonna ride this wave.
Speaker 2: KP.
Speaker 1: Garrett And by the way, these shot glasses, I, you know, always be closed and always be selling. Uh no bad days, stud, Big Dick Energy, be a fucking wolf, Big Hugs, Shinney Kiss. They're all on the website. You can go buy these things. We just pulled them.
Speaker 2: Are those the used ones?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Zoom into that, Zoom into that Boss? Are you doing in? Oh? Yeah, you see it.
Speaker 1: There's some grit, hey, guys, I wouldn't want to do this any other way. There's some grit in this fuck in these shot glasses like this embodies what we've been about this entire time. And I'll be damned if you guys are gonna come up here and we're gonna have a little We're gonna have a little celebratory shot of Whistle Pig Whiskey Rye because it's the best out there.
Speaker 3: You guys want the tenure? Hell yeah, So you want the six year. Damn that tenure, though, we'll do one.
Speaker 1: Just hey, are you down here filming? Uncle Ham going in move ten?
Speaker 2: Did you get that, boss? Or do I need to do it again?
Speaker 1: I'll do two, so I'll do the six year. You guys can do the Look at Uncle Ham just going in.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: As you guys are listening, Man, if you're new like we had Brian Urlacrond, so I'm sure we got some Chicago peeps tuning in. Maybe it's your first time. I swear to god, boys, we bring vibes, we bring camaraderie. You might want to stick around, go back, listen to some old pods. You want to listen to a funny one to you love Burt Kreischer to me, He's he's living at the top of Mount bus Moore right now. But check out some old episodes. Man, subscribe to the boys, give us a shot. If we can make your weekly ROLLODECKX of Pods, we would be fucking stoked to have you. Also, I'll be drinking again. You're listening to this on Wednesday. I'll be drinking again today actually because the yak We're gonna be filming as you're listening right now. We're gonna be filming tonight an episode of the Act Case Race. Shane gillis joining the Yak with myself and all the Yact boys and we're doing a case race for I don't even know what though, Is there a reason. It's for Nick's birthday. Happy birthday to Nick. So we're gonna do this for no no, Yeah, we do a subratory shot. We gotta keep this about busting still. You gotta let bus and have their moment. Come up here, boys, Uh, we're gonna start on the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come here on the back.
Speaker 1: You can cut this part and then whenever you guys get up here, you can turn it out.
Speaker 2: We got everybody where zoomed out, zoomed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, fucking get squeeze in, squeeze in, dude.
Speaker 2: We we So we have this airstream.
Speaker 1: I know you guys have probably seeing photos of what we have in the warehouse. We went and grabbed these uh shot glasses out of the airstream that we have parked in here, and we the last time we used these shot glasses was during Black Friday when we were doing merchandise shots, and they've been sitting in there since so we have a little dust, we have a little grit, piss and vinegret at the bottom.
Speaker 2: Of these boys. Cheers to a good three years.
Speaker 1: Cheers the number one and hopefully fucking we we we ride.
Speaker 2: This rap, this wave for who fucking knows how long? Who gives a ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah to one hundred k on Twitter, two hundred k on YouTube. The boy let's have a shot man.
Speaker 2: That's just smooth.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Hey, tap it up? Wap it up? Boys? Do you guys solid? Were you guys fired up? Hey? Here we go, get us out here, bring it in here.
Speaker 1: You guys know the saying, Hey, enjoy Fourth of July, this this weekend, and always remember this, no means no, maybe means no, and yes means no in the morning boys three three, I love that. That was a saying we always got, obviously on the football teams, when you're about to have a break, spring break or something like that, about to go get after it, because you know, the one thing Taylors talked about it, we talked about before theah, the one thing on everybody's mind when you're going out to the beach. You're going out to see bikinis and everything else. Beer, Yeah, beer is. I appreciate you guys for giving us the floor. Some of you might already fast forward it a little bit, but shut up busting with the Boys Number one, Yeah, Joe Rogan, watch the funk out, Baby. But so to recap last week we went to tight End You the Boys, I felt like the neighbor that goes into the that goes into the family's house and everybody's like, yy, who is this guy right here? And the parents are just like, Oh, that's comp Like he's our neighbor. He's basically family.
Speaker 2: Like that's the vibe. I feel like I have.
Speaker 1: One going into these things with tight End You and NASCAR, but it's, oh, that's just comp.
Speaker 2: He's on a very tight end.
Speaker 1: Like just just let him like he's gonna act ridiculous and choose some content, like, let him just do whatever he's trying to do. But the way Tighten You went boys, George Kittle, Travis Kelce, and Greg Olsen, they do that shit right. They put them up in a nice hotel, they have gifts gift suites. So it reminds you of like going to a Pro Bowl or an NFLPA meeting or some where you go and visit to Super Bowl and you have there's like gift suites for the guys. They did a lot of like mental work where they sat in groups, they broke out and breakout groups to learn from each other, learn how you get better, a lot of mindset stuff on top of like technical things. As a tight end I'm telling you, they did an incredible job running out. I love listening to Greg Olson speak Bruce Kittle. Shout out to him because he ran that shit and he ran it well. Uh, the Rubicon team, Pete Pete Raskin, I believe, shout out to you guys like.
Speaker 2: It was an incredible few days.
Speaker 1: Hot as fuck, but it was worth the free food that we got taken care of. They got food catered in. I'm telling you it was a really good camp. They do a good job of that. I hope they continue to do it every year. I hope it continues to grow, which I think it will. We also went to NASCAR on Sunday, so we got done with Tighten You.
Speaker 2: We did Tighten You interviews.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday, we went to tight End You the camp which an under the Hood will be coming out, so make sure you're subscribed to the YouTube channel to look out for that. Uh, that under the Hood volog will be coming out because we did a camp down on Thursday. Friday, we got the bust toad. We did a Darren Waller podcast which that will be coming out for several weeks. Will probably come out in August. Darren Waller podcast at eight in the morning. Darren Waller Box at six am, did our podcast at eight in the morning, went to tight end you to do a camp at ten am. But at ten am we got the bus toad to the NASCAR infield to which we went to NASCAR on Sunday. He was sitting there in the fan zone on the infield. That was an awesome time. The boys at NASCAR fucking party. They go hard. We did a little shotgun. I had to delete and end everybody's life doing a shotgun. You guys can catch that. It's on all of our social media channels. You can follow all that stuff. But yeah, dude, we had a great time. We've had a grimy last five days. We're coming up on fourth of July, to which I think we can argue for the July is one of the best holidays of the year, something that's not really thought about until the day comes, but I'm so excited. I'm going back to Missouri, going back to my homeland, Missouri.
Speaker 2: We have some.
Speaker 1: Backyard We're grilling, backyard games, going on tournaments that have to be played.
Speaker 2: Fireworks.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm gonna take the kids to the fireworks stands in Missouri because you know, you don't turn the left without saying a fireworks stand in Missouri. I mean, it's one of the best states when it comes to fireworks because about all we got. I'm gonna take the kids in there, and I'm gonna tell them, like, when you're a kid going into a fireworks stand, you want nothing more like your parents usually cap you on a budget. This X amount to spend. Fucking fly I got in here. You got X amount to spend? Or you say yes and no to certain like fireworks. Right, I'm gonna take the kids in and I'm gonna to the little homies like, look, do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: Boys, get whatever you want to get.
Speaker 1: I'll make sure it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.
Speaker 2: You're with Uncle KM right now.
Speaker 1: Go buy as much as you want, buy whatever you want, and we're gonna have a hell of a time and join the Fourth of July, because that's how we do it in Missouri. That's how we do it in Bonta, fucking Missouri. Boys, what do you guys have for Fourth of July?
Speaker 2: Plans? Losses on the front line. He's a police officer, he's working.
Speaker 1: He's probably gonna be on on guard the entire day.
Speaker 3: I think lake days hopefully in the future. Me and a bunch of my friends over the years have gone Dale Hollow Lake, which I will die on the hill. That is the best lake in Tennessee. It's a little far though, that's the only poll.
Speaker 2: Isn't really that like it.
Speaker 3: It's one of the only shale rock based lakes. So like when you go to a Percy priest or an old hickory. Here it's mud base, so you you know, even if you touched the bottom there, you get that mud, the sticks some of this, you know.
Speaker 2: But is it that much of an argument that you have to die for this? I will. I grew up there, so it's one of those.
Speaker 1: You I got die on the fucking hill, Like, who's coming at you about?
Speaker 2: If you want to come at me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So hopefully that that's what's in store but yeah, like you said, the boys got a week off after that, so necessarily I want to say, we're more excited about Live fifth of the Tenth then this weekend.
Speaker 1: I love that you have a little bit more responsibility. Yeah, but it's still we have him in the bag. Yeah, we'll have a couple of the content because we'll be rolling out Olson next week.
Speaker 2: And here's a really good pause.
Speaker 3: Still all be coming out. I can do it from an undisclosed location.
Speaker 1: I love that it sounds like it's gonna be on that lake. But what do you got, JP?
Speaker 2: Here we go, here's where we learned.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna tell everyone, all right, what do people.
Speaker 2: Want to find you? Man? JP?
Speaker 6: Hovees in town if you want to find me, you ready? Yeah, I'm gonna be in key West. You're going to key West for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They have cheap flights on Saturday.
Speaker 2: My god, you're going this Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was hope how long?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna go to key West and then I'm gonna go to for Lauderdale. Then I'm gonna come back. I was really holding out for an invite to the lake with Jack, but it didn't come.
Speaker 1: Were you actually holding out for a Lake invite.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 6: I brought it up to him, so, what are y'all doing for the fourth? I brought it up at NASCAR. What y'all doing the fourth though? Probably the Lake? I was like, yeah, that'll probably be sick.
Speaker 2: You know, you.
Speaker 7: Know you got the invite.
Speaker 6: I'm going to the Lake this weekend. Then all right, come on, we'll see if it happens.
Speaker 1: You follow him on Twitter, you will see if they We'll see if this clab happens.
Speaker 2: They've been enemies the whole time. Guarantee, what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be spending We got family coming in on Butcher's side. We got the Nashville Fourth of July show on Monday, so I'll definitely be doing that. Yeah, it's a lot of fun, but he puts a lot of that. His team, they put in a lot of work, So gotta be there for that. Yeah, we got the Nashville show on Monday. It's the biggest fireworks show in the US.
Speaker 9: Tune in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that fires me up, and it lowkey makes me.
Speaker 1: It gives me a little fomo already because the last couple of years he's invited us because of COVID. We weren't able to make it happen because that one had to get canceled, right, But I remember, like when you came on, Butch and I had had lunch and we were talking about He's like, yo, we need to get the bus down there for Fourth of July, like in the Action and everything else, And I was like a kid in the candy store, like you do that now. He probably, you know, he'd probably have to pay to get the bus down there, just fucking with you, Butch slab because he wanted to pass at Butch Slap t shirts because Butch is one of the first five six people on the bus.
Speaker 7: Man, I'll love to come back.
Speaker 9: I'll have to come back on uh yeah, in maybe like a year or so.
Speaker 2: I'm riding high boys, like I know, I'm going off on a tangent.
Speaker 1: This little top podcast thing doesn't really mean a whole lot of anything, but it's really cool to see the whole number one spot number one right now?
Speaker 2: What's up one? What's up chance one?
Speaker 1: We're gonna before we do our favorite shout out no free shout out segment of the week. Make sure to tune into the Act tomorrow for the Case Race. We today is Wednesday. Everybody listening obviously we're in here on.
Speaker 2: What day is it? Oh?
Speaker 1: So it's it's Tuesday right now. So tomorrow row this drops we film the Case Race. Oh yeah, it doesn't come out until Thursday. So as you're listening, tune into the YAK on their YouTube channel Thursday for the Case Race. Myself and Shane Gillis is joining the YAC squad. Can't wait to fucking chime in. JP knows who's my partner is? Who's my partner?
Speaker 5: It's the birthday boy Nick Nick, Oh, let's go.
Speaker 2: Hey that far as me up, dude.
Speaker 5: And then it's Big Cat Little Sas shit.
Speaker 2: Hey, rivals become your idols.
Speaker 1: Man, alright to work with Nick, bro he's a wrestler because I know he can get down. Gillis Shane Shane Is I mean Shane, it's from what it seems like.
Speaker 2: I've seen the photos like it seems like he's a machine.
Speaker 6: Dane's probably the team to beat or Big Cat.
Speaker 2: There he goes.
Speaker 1: Case Race teams Team one, Big Cat and Little Sass once again, Team two, Roan and Shane, Team three, Nick and Will team for Kyle and Owen Team five, Steven and TJ. It's gonna be a fun time. I can't wait. I can't wait to see what goes down. I think my face paint. I have my face paint. Should I tell it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna wear my Uh you guys know how I have the red like the red shirt and it's got a huge wolf face with the nWo on it. And now I'm just gonna go sting face paint.
Speaker 8: That's not that I'll just say you should do Darth Maul, but it's very similar.
Speaker 2: You might have just something right there.
Speaker 9: Similar, but I know you're a Star Wars guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shave my head and do a full Darth Maul.
Speaker 7: You won't shave your head.
Speaker 1: I won't, but could you imagine I'm nervous to shave my head because I'm scared of how it grows back.
Speaker 2: If I'm being honest and vulnerable right now with you guys, if.
Speaker 8: You if you listen later in this episode, you'll find out how you can get it back.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, dude.
Speaker 1: We did a all right, we'll do shout out no free shot out, because I know we've been rolling on an hour long, like intro.
Speaker 2: How long have we been going? Blast? Uh, We've been going for almost an hour.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, this segment has been twenty six day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you want to, if you're listening right now and you want to fast forward, hit that hour mark you get to the Brian Erlacker again. If you're a Chicago guy, you don't want to hear all the fluff and the bullshit that we sit here and have the high vibes and camaraderie. But if you do, make sure you're subscribe and keep listening to the boys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this episode to shout out the greatest boot company in the world, Georgia Boots. Shout out Georgia Boot No free shoutouts, super good looking, super comfortable boots, so comfortable you.
Speaker 2: Never want to take these boys off.
Speaker 1: These boots hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort or style. One year ago today, the boy had his Georgia boots packed for his honeymoon trip because we were hiking all over the place. We're in bor Bora, We're in California and in wine country and mountain country and freaking we were doing all this stuff and I did it always in my Georgia boots. No blisters, know nothing, light like a It feels like you have an athletic shoe on. Also, you would get compliments up the mountain, so they look good, they feel good. All of the above and here we go. It has the comfort technology of an athletics shoe packed into a great looking boot. Whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, grown with the Boys, or the July.
Speaker 2: These boots on sacrifice comfort or style.
Speaker 1: Head over to Georgia Boot dot com and use code bussing for a generous twenty percent off from the Boys to you. That's Georgia Boot dot com. Use code busting. Now back to the episode UH in time for our favorite segment of the week, our shout out no fore shout out segment bloss.
Speaker 2: We started off with you brother, what you got? What's your shout out? No free shout out?
Speaker 10: My shot out of the week actually got stolen this week and all you'll find out who stole it uh later on in this episode when we get to it. But I had a calling audible and I had to go with the glass of water on the nightstand.
Speaker 2: There's nothing worse. Wow, Okay, boy, going in with something real.
Speaker 7: Block bluss.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: There's nothing worse than having to get up in the middle of a now and go to refrigerator to grab a glass of water, to grab a powerad, whatever you need. But when it's sitting there on your nightstand and all you gotta do is reach over, don't even really have to get up, take a sip, go right back to bed. And here's the best part about it. When you wake up in the morning, you ain't got to worry about that stank breath some water.
Speaker 2: It'd be good to go. So shout out.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this too, because there's nothing when you hit that, when you hit that lean over and have that couple down a few times, it's nothing but you silence and hearing yourself.
Speaker 2: Drink that water.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: If you're like for me, charle, like if you got somebody next to you in your bed, you're just wondering, like do they hear me right now?
Speaker 2: Just housing this water. I love that. Shout out, Jack. That's a tough follow up. Boy, you got big dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gotta be Boss's best one. Don't know if I'm being able to beat that, but mind ties into what we did this weekend. So shout out and over shout out, I guess the NASCAR, but also to VIP experiences. All of us boys know now Car did it right. Whoever is in charge of the VIP or like accommodations for fans, they just had everything taken care of. Everything was really easy. Accessibility was on point. We could walk anywhere, do anything we wanted. Food was there, drink was there if you wanted it. All around just being a very important person is there's nothing quite like it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, shout out no free shout out to.
Speaker 3: The VIP experience and a little side side shout out to NASCAR because they did it right.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. We did have a good time like that. We got we got treated well. That shit was fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: VP.
Speaker 2: You have the floor, big Doug, let's hear it.
Speaker 6: My shout out no free shout out goes to one of the biggest alpha moves ever. And it's especially good if you have brothers or if you're like a large gathering when somebody says, hey, man, I can't open this and it's a jar and everyone's around you, and then everybody, especially you have older brothers, they're like, no, man, you can't get that.
Speaker 4: Now, you just do that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you just look at him.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a good sound.
Speaker 5: It is a great sound.
Speaker 1: That would be a sound that should make like top sounds, sound of validation.
Speaker 2: Talk to him. You said something right there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it because it meant something.
Speaker 6: You don't know those times, man, those times I couldn't open that jar. Yeah, that's my shout out.
Speaker 1: Nothing feels bata either than like, I know you get this? Can you get this? And if they get it within the first two seconds, you're like, fuck, I loosened it up for you.
Speaker 5: I would rather not have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like just toss him. Man, right, I don't want this, Garrett. What do you got, big dog?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Those are good?
Speaker 9: Yeah, those are good. Those are actually really good.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: But my shout out, no free shout out of the week.
Speaker 8: It's going to an experience that I got to witness from my car looking out the window. It's when you turn sixteen and get your driver's license. I saw some guys.
Speaker 2: We were rolling.
Speaker 8: I saw some guys no parking lot looking at their friends, jacked up truck, getting hype about it, dapping each other up. Let's go for a spin. They just drove around the parking lot like ten times. But that feeling of finally getting those keys driving off and you just piling the truck with your boys.
Speaker 9: Nothing better no free shout out is getting your drivers like.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, hey, JP, you're right about getting subs, bro. Like I had a rugged, fucking rusted like blazer, like a ninety three blazer that was absolute. I mean, I love it, but it's one of those things you look back on in love now, like when you got it, like fuck, like.
Speaker 2: Can you guys just buy me a car or something?
Speaker 1: It was just a piece of shit, dude, But the boy got subs one day and you're riding around in just a trash fucking vehicle with subs, but you think you're the man.
Speaker 5: You can't hear a single lyric.
Speaker 2: All you hear is yeah.
Speaker 1: That Mike Jones was hitting two back then. Mike Jones, Hey, that's a good list voice. And I really think I'm gonna round this out as possibly potentially the greatest shout out, no free shoutout segment in our bust in history.
Speaker 2: All Right, so here I'm gonna do mine.
Speaker 1: I don't have this elaborate bit of this elaborate plan, but fellas is getting hot out. Summertime is upon us, and in Nashville specifically, it's been nearing one hundred degrees for like the last ten days. And it had me thinking one day because I saw the ice cream truck going that's not what it is, but it made me think of this shout out, no free shout out, because you would get hype when you get these frozen treats. Mine specifically, my shout out, no free shout out goes to the leftover juice and a popsicle. Dude, when you hit that popsicle, bro, and you get neared that half and low key, you know how you like take your index finger and your thumb and you're playing with the ice. You're fucking playing with it. At the bottom, it's shooting up a little bit. You're like, should I just end this ice right now? And then have I get I get half of the stick of juice that's freezing cold and it's hot as fuck outside. I'm sitting in the shade taking a little break. You just play with the ice. Then you like you pinch it up to where you can grab it and you can take the ice, so you savor that juice left over at the bottom of a popsicle. That is my shout out no free shout out of the week, and I am fired up about our shout outs.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: Now, before we get into the Brian or a Lacker episode, I'm sure we've ran an ad. We might be running another ad, who fucking knows. Uh, just a reminder that you guys are listening to this on Wednesday. We're back to our original programming. I love that I get to say something like that, We're back to our original programming every Wednesday. I know it sucks, trust me, We're working on adding an element. You might see the Boy a couple times a week during the season who knows, still working on year ten, but once a week. The way, we continue to stay towards the top, guys because the two a week definitely helped continue to subscribe, resubscribe, do all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Make sure you download the episodes.
Speaker 1: But we zoomed in Taylor for a little segment so the Boy could be with us for a shout out, no free shoutout. We catch up with him on Canada. We also he does the tier talk that we partake in with Brian Urlacker myself. But I know, I just stole an hour of Brian Urlacker's time. The dude is a fucking legend. I got to sit here with the Hall of Famer when I was growing up. Brian Orlacker retired in thirteen, the year I came into the league.
Speaker 2: I know, nine years going on ten.
Speaker 1: But Brian or Lacker and ray Lewis were the backers that you fucking watch if you're a middle linebacker.
Speaker 2: It was the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the game where he had like twenty five tackles and forced to fumble at the end of the Arizona Cardinals game. But you watched him and ray Lewis and the fact that he came on the bus through a lot of adversity of getting him on the bus that day.
Speaker 2: You'll hear about it. Uh was like a dream, I'm true.
Speaker 1: I literally texted my dad on the way here saying, Hey, I'm about to hang out with Brian her Lacker. He's coming on busting with the boys, and he just puts, he just puts, Oh my god, that's awesome. But knowing like I used to watch games with my old man and watch Brian Herlacker specifically and ray Lewi shoutouts, would love to have you on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 1: Uh, but watching those dudes like that was it if you're a linebacker and we got to have him on the bus. So again, we're gonna jump into this Taylor segment and then it's gonna be Brian Herlacker. Taylor was about twenty minutes long, twenty to twenty five minutes long. If you want to fast forward again, if you're here to watch her Lacker, but shout out busting with the boys, No fore shoutouts, biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses.
Speaker 7: Boys, We're here, You're here, dude. It's been a fucking wild ride.
Speaker 11: Can nature for god knows how long I haven't seen a human being.
Speaker 7: I feel like two.
Speaker 1: Weeks went to your Beautif is that the lake behind you?
Speaker 11: No, this is I drove down from the mountain. This is what I'm just saying right now.
Speaker 2: You want a little teach, Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. That thing is magnificent.
Speaker 7: Hey, hey, listen, I'll take you on just a quick little peace. I'm not going to show you in the house.
Speaker 11: But for all the kids watching you, kids work hard, you guys, just keep working hard, all.
Speaker 2: Right, kids doing your thing, but you're in the middle.
Speaker 7: You have this in America.
Speaker 11: We pluted the ship out of this right away, dude. We drained this ship and turned into something cool.
Speaker 1: Oh that looks like Percy Priest. Do you got that right here in Nashville?
Speaker 7: Hey, that's just grimy in Nashville.
Speaker 11: But I'm not listen, no offense to Percy Priests. But I went to Persty Priest one time. I saw a whole bunch of people out there swimming with ducks and ship like just in the water with ducks.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, dude, I own ducks.
Speaker 11: They ship every six seconds, so if you're in the water, those ducks are just shitting all over you.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I tell you something?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 1: Your eyes look incredible in that hat You're green is really popular right now, and the lighting is really good.
Speaker 2: I like you look good.
Speaker 7: I swear, dude. I've been on a new skin regiment. Dude, it's called sunblock.
Speaker 2: You been using the ESPF.
Speaker 7: Why do you know my rule?
Speaker 11: Like twenty minutes no sunblock and then you fucking powder coat this thing.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 11: Look like uh, I was like someone who signed the Declaration of Independent It's like powder fucking everywhere.
Speaker 2: All right, So how long do we have with you?
Speaker 1: Because I know, I know you're camping right now, you like, for everybody listening, Taylor came down from the mountain, drove an hour and a half down from the mountain just to get cell reception, just to be on, just to be on his podcast Bust with the Boys.
Speaker 2: So we got a limited amount of time with this.
Speaker 11: I was literally on top of a mountain yesterday doing this, just like trying to see it, to just get one tweet out, And the.
Speaker 7: Only thing I saw was that Richeon was trying to get ahold of me.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I know, I'm so curious to what that date is that because yeah, he's alluded to coming on. He says, like, I have one date that I can actually do it, But I'm trying to get ahold of Taylor and his voice his voicemail in boxes school.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I sent him a voicemail. So I came down.
Speaker 11: Here's a little deal.
Speaker 7: Of how my life is going right now. I can't tell.
Speaker 11: If it's going well or not, like it's really when you're camping, you don't know if you're doing well or not the whole time, Like you like you're literally part of this and you're kind of just like surviving the whole time. So for me, I'm out there doing my fucking thing. I just realized, I'm yelling at all these people down by the water. I'm gonna close the door. Even if the sun was just doing me.
Speaker 7: So many favors, that was so much more pale now. So like, I'm up there doing fucking whatever, And I.
Speaker 11: Come I drive an hour and a half every day into Colonna, get a grimy, gritty workout, dude, a fucking gritty workout. Then I come back, take a protein shape to the head, and then cruise back up and go camping with my family again. And every time I go back home, I'm thinking, I hope a bear hasn't gotten them yet, because there's literally fucking bears everywhere. I haven't seen one, but people will say there's bears everywhere, So my faith, they're word for it.
Speaker 7: So I get down yesterday.
Speaker 11: I come back down to Colonne them and my phone starts.
Speaker 7: Blowing up, which at first you like, it makes you feel really good. It's like, oh man, my friends want to talk to me. That's so nice. But then he get like a level of anxiety, like, oh, there's shit going on that you know I need to figure out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And the first thing I see is rich Eisen trying to get a hold of me, trying to call me miss phone call, no voicemail because he calls me that guy.
Speaker 7: So I call him back.
Speaker 11: I leave him a voicemail basically, in a sentence and a half, explain what I've just explained to you.
Speaker 7: And then he calls me. I'm taking a Tuesday and I'm about to get back on the road. He gives the boy a ring. I tick up.
Speaker 11: I say, you're Rich it's you. He goes, obviously I know I was. I was calling you and I said, okay, what's up? And he goes, here's the date?
Speaker 7: He gave me the date.
Speaker 2: Oh you know the dated?
Speaker 7: I know the date. Do you want me to say the date?
Speaker 2: I want you to know something.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to say the date.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, cuz.
Speaker 1: It's outside of the nineteenth and twenty second window, isn't it. It's not in between July nineteenth and twenty second.
Speaker 7: No, it's difficult.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 7: But he do you want? You want the good news?
Speaker 11: First?
Speaker 2: The bad news.
Speaker 7: All right, he's not coming on this early. And it's not his fault.
Speaker 11: It's more my fault because camp, this whole fucking football thing.
Speaker 7: Is getting in the way. Yet again, dude, yet again.
Speaker 11: Football just fucking ruins my life with this because rich Asy can't come on the bus the day he gave me. The day before that we're off, but the day after that we're back up where the day he wants to come on to the full day of practice, I text the stretch Rabols secretary.
Speaker 7: He told me that, and it's just it's a bad deal. Now you want the good news?
Speaker 2: Would the good news?
Speaker 11: The good news is is that Jack has to keep working hard for the Chevy Silverado. And that to me like when Rich told When Rich told me and he goes, hey, I got a date I'm going. He literally goes, I'm doing the Hall of Fame induction on the sixth.
Speaker 7: Flex and he's like, I gotta go.
Speaker 11: I'm going to Like where's that place that that Portannoy's always going to He's or something like that, Nantucky, Nantucky.
Speaker 7: Yes, He's like, I'm going to Nantucket with my family for a week. I'm like in my head, I'm like this, you just does a fucking different life, dude.
Speaker 11: He sold the soul of the Devil, and the Devil's like, I want your hair and and you can have the most success in the world.
Speaker 7: And he's like, deal, and that's like literally how it went for Rich. And he's just murdering life.
Speaker 11: And so he's like, but I can from Ohio, come from Ohio right after the Hall of Fame and then Boom the Seventh come in and would do the podcast. And because he goes, he feels bad. He's like, I don't want people to think I'm a bad dude for not coming on. So I'm kind of here like telling people it's not Rich's fault. Right now, Rich wants to come on. Rich tried to come on.
Speaker 7: The boy just couldn't make it work. And I told Rich, I said, hey, Bubba's man, you can't come on.
Speaker 11: But I'm so happy that Jack's got to earn the silver auto on the fuck out of the ship.
Speaker 1: He said, imagine eas dolorado after a month of work of just tweeting every day, Like, yeah, that would be it'd be a tough look on us for sure.
Speaker 11: Oh Ude, it'd be like when we get about next what do we here for a hundred day brand new house, Like, look at fucking we got to hit the bar a little lower.
Speaker 7: If it's like sixty days in here comes Rich.
Speaker 1: Garrett, JP Bloss, it'd all be in a row like waiting to have one on one meetings with us being like, hey, oh when.
Speaker 2: Can I get you that? Yeah? When can I get this new truck?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 7: Fucking trying to get some extra porridge.
Speaker 1: Football's always get in the way. The football's always getting in the way. Now, bro, Because I'll tell you this, and you can leave whenever you want. You can leave the game whenever you want to. Because the Boys. I don't know if you saw Twitter today, I know you've had bad service, but I hit in the group chat. We are number one on Spotify right now at the moment, the Boys are fucking number one. So whenever you want to be done and just run the podcast world, it's it's all here waiting for your brother.
Speaker 7: I just miss you guys. You know what I want to know, Dude, I am for.
Speaker 2: What it's worth.
Speaker 1: I feel I feel it's like it's like if it's one hundred percent, I feel about forty percent of your.
Speaker 2: Energy because you're on the screen. You know what I mean, Like, we can't sit here and go back and forth.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, dude, it's been I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: It's been awesome. Recharged in the batteries.
Speaker 11: I'm literally as I'm talking, I'm like staring off into the distance looking at this gorgeous lake.
Speaker 7: They people, literally people I've watched. I've literally watched a human being do this. And if someone do this in America, I'd probably put them down because they're gonna turn into a zombie.
Speaker 11: Walk up to the lake with a glass and empty glass, fill it up and drink it. And if you do that in America, I'm literally I'm calling the police or putting you down because you're gonna.
Speaker 7: Turn into a zombie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna die here.
Speaker 7: They drink the water. They're having a fantastic time. People are so nice.
Speaker 11: But I will say this, I've been profiled on three separate occasions, well three separate occasions, and it wasn't a great feeling.
Speaker 7: I'll be honest.
Speaker 11: I was at a grocery store and it was a nice grocery store. It was a really nice gro It's like there, it's like a whole foods and a trigger Joe's and then some grocery store like all organic blah blah blah, and I walk in looking like a absolute bum and I'm walking around my back. People are buying like three items at a time. I got this grocery cart filled.
Speaker 7: CSE facts and I'm walking.
Speaker 11: Around going through the aisles, and I fucking I see some little small Asian lady like kind of peek her and it was like a like just a kicking her head around the aisle and I'm like, is she fucking looking at me? And I look and I catch yes with her and she was like, yes, she's if I can just said this. She catches eyes and he goes, She's out of there, and I'm like, they think him and no joke. Ten seconds later, a security guard follows me around the rest of the place. They definitely thought tall white guy with tattoos, that guy's for sure Joe dealer.
Speaker 7: That's what they taught.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you definitely keep up a vibe like you're like an intimidating cat and like, what are you?
Speaker 2: Six seven six seven?
Speaker 7: I mean if even adn't guy until I.
Speaker 11: Opened my mouth and then I'm like, oh, he's might be twelve seventy, but he might be twelve.
Speaker 7: She was a pretty a good deal. How's the boy's doing, dude, how are you hey?
Speaker 1: We're all doing good, man, Like, I know we've talked about the FOMO because we had Josh Allen on last week and then Tighten you God in Nascar, bro, Like, we've been having fun and grinding like all the whole mix, like picture picture busting Spring Tour for the two days, but stretch it out for like five. But it's been a lot of fun. The boys are doing good. They're excited to have their week long break. JP won't tell me where he's going because he doesn't want He just wants to keep his trickly business like. He doesn't want he doesn't want to connect on that level. He's like, don't worry about me, but everybody's.
Speaker 2: Time to man.
Speaker 7: You guys have a super business like relationship. He texted me where he was going the other day and I was like, you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Have a great time.
Speaker 11: We're gonna love it there. But I can see how you guys want to keep a professional the two of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Have you been thinking about your favorite segment of the week?
Speaker 7: Are you talking about your talk. No, we'll get in or shout out shout of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shut out no fore shout out of the week. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Like? Should we hit it? Do you want me to go? Do you want me to go around to the guys? Or do you want me to do do you want to do your shout out? No free shot out of the week? And then also your tear talk, like I don't know what kind of time frame you're in right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let me take the time. I got seven minutes before the bears were calling. I got seven minutes. Let me. I hate to be a selfish chat, but I'm gonna have to hit mine and go.
Speaker 1: No, that's fine, that's fine because I want I want both of yours. Because the tear talk, I know you listened to the voicemail. Did were you able to watch JP? Did you send him the clip?
Speaker 7: And I have a couple of questions. I have a couple of questions about the tear talk real quick.
Speaker 12: Is you said Jenny's ice cream, which you can post make, but then you messaged me and said you didn't say nothing aboutdairy Queen because you have to go there, but you could also postmates.
Speaker 7: Uber eats Dairy Queen, and so my question is is.
Speaker 1: Why Dairy Queen closes a lot earlier. Like Jenny's you can get all night around and Jenny's like pints of ice cream you can have sitting in your freezer.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Okay, Like that's I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you can put and have, Like you can have five of those things in the in the freezer, like Dairy Queen.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't want to.
Speaker 7: I don't want to do it at all. I get it right.
Speaker 1: Right, And I don't want to shoot on Dairy Queen because you know, I love them more than anybody else.
Speaker 2: I do think that the best ice cream in the world the.
Speaker 1: Soft served, But when you ordered on Postmates, they don't feel it all the way to the top.
Speaker 2: And then they don't put the candy all the way through.
Speaker 1: And I've had a couple like I've gotten to the point where I've wrote reviews back.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I got refunded my money.
Speaker 11: So I understand that that's why I don't post I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So let's let's start with your shoutout. No free shout out of the week.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right.
Speaker 11: So I'm sure all of you had a great one, Bloss. I hope you got all your words out correctly. I'm very happy for you. I hope you were rattled too much. I hope Will didn't treat you bad this time. I will say my shut up of the week is going to have to go.
Speaker 7: And it's kind of in line.
Speaker 11: Of what we talked about, is normalizing dudes hyping dudes. And when I did have cell service, right before I went into the Great Unknown searching for the eddie, I looked online and I saw Ernest was named the number one songwriter.
Speaker 7: In Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 11: And I think it's so fucking cool to see this borderline homeless person come on our bus two years.
Speaker 7: Ago wearing camel pants.
Speaker 11: I'm pretty sure, so bullshit ass tank top and crocs sit there and Will and I literally thought, who the.
Speaker 7: Fuck is this guy?
Speaker 11: Become a friend and watched the glow up like he's just shooting into the atmosphere.
Speaker 7: He's definitely gonna absolutely destroy me.
Speaker 11: The three hundred thousand followers on Instagram, he's already, It's just he's murdering it.
Speaker 7: And for that, Ernest and hyping Ernest up in his success is my shoutout shadow of the.
Speaker 1: Week, Yo, I'm fined. That's a really good one. And you laid that out really well. I will say when you said the number one songwriter in Nashville, bloss Law lost his mind in the back.
Speaker 2: He threw up his hands. He it seems like it seems like he took it seems like you took what That's what his was gonna be.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dude, oh man, poor boss too, just trying to get us on his face time. He's probably so rattled and now he's got to like he's double rattled.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And now now he's looking at his phone. He's trying to find like a new shot out, know for shutout of the week. Right now he's rolling his eyes, he's throwing.
Speaker 2: His head back.
Speaker 1: But what I love about that shout out, too, is Ernest has been how long has ears been off the alcohol? Like four months now, He's he's put out his accountability to lose weight. He's cut his hair like the man. He's getting right. He's on the come up, dude. So I love that that shutout fires me up.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 11: I feel like if you take a couple of pounds a couple several, a few pounds off ernest, you might be looking at a Dirk Sentley cat, you know what I'm saying, Like a handsome boy.
Speaker 7: He might be.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've seen some old photos of him, like when he's not looking a rock.
Speaker 2: He's a decent looking cat.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I let him hit yeah in high school? Kidding me?
Speaker 11: You know he's he was an all star athlete. Picture you throw the ship out of the ball.
Speaker 7: You think he's not I'm not letting him take me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd let him beat cheeks. Dude.
Speaker 7: Oh, there's no question, buddy. Oh that's a huge one.
Speaker 11: Now, And do you want me to and you guys probably cut this off or don't cut it up. It's almost even better. But do you want to just throw into my tier talk? Oh dude, there's a fucking deer. Do you want to see a deer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, let's see the deer.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: So the tear talk of the week was late night Snacks. You watched the video, You heard mine, you heard Brian's. You can comment on either one, and obviously the floor is now yours.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right here the stairs.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter how much fucking grind boys. You hit Stairs and dover free. All Right, this is a difficult one for me. This this whole tier talk was difficult because it's really.
Speaker 7: Very vague. So I guess I've heard the way Earl after put it. I don't like his delivery.
Speaker 11: I thought it delivered could have been a lot better of like making us feel it a little bit more.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, but.
Speaker 7: He got to the point, which is great. He seems like a no nonsense type of guy, loves his junk for a dough. I love how you served yours up. I wasn't a huge stand of your Tier one, to be.
Speaker 11: Honest, and I'm not trying to like I don't want to get off his phone call and have like an.
Speaker 7: Issue between us. But I really think Jenny's is probably the most overrated ice cream I've ever been.
Speaker 1: Apart Hey, hang on, JP, I don't I don't disagree with that statement. JP was mad that I said it because you got to spend eight bucks to get that kind of ice cream, which.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't disagree with.
Speaker 1: Like you got Ben and Jerry's, Like, you got a lot of credible brands out there, But I've been on a.
Speaker 7: Very like Jenny's. Jenny's is like I walked in there as a rookie and it's like, do you want to try?
Speaker 11: And I was like sure, and it was like one of those like cherry and goat cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 7: They got some off side ship in there, which is like.
Speaker 2: Whatever, the gooey buttercake.
Speaker 1: The gooey buttercake is what pulled me in, Like that's what, that's what. That's my go to there, because you're right, they got a vibe in there. They're like they're like a little better than you, some bougie ice cream. So I do not disagree. I do not disagree with that stamement boys. I just specifically the gooey buttercake has been tackling the boys nuts lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm excited. I'm excited to hear your Yeah.
Speaker 7: So my Tier three, okay.
Speaker 2: Don't do it, don't do focused.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're right, there's so much nature, dude, I'm thinking I'm becoming a nature person.
Speaker 7: My Tier three is going to be a generic.
Speaker 11: Like like a sour past kids, like a like a gummy candy.
Speaker 7: And I'm not proud of that. I'm not proud of.
Speaker 11: That, and I think that if I'm in a car wreck or you know, he's a banged up dude. It's a Tuesday and you see a patch of like a section of South Patch kid watermelons just sitting there, not even open yet, talking shit, staring at you, it's gonna catch chance, and there's no doubt about it. So I would have to say that gummy candy, I'm a sucker for the gummy candy. Dude, sucker for gummies. So that's my tier three, my tier two.
Speaker 7: And because I heard you say Jenny's, it made me go local.
Speaker 11: But I think this place and it's probably got just as much hype as Jenny's. I don't think it's overweighted. I think it's pretty incredible. And that's a box of five Daughter donuts. I think that's God.
Speaker 7: Even the assorted.
Speaker 11: And when it comes to donuts for me, I'm a pretty like you know, if I go to Krispy Kreme as a kid.
Speaker 7: You get that lucky day you have to sleep over with the boys, you go to Krispy Kreme or something like that. I'm getting glazed, only I don't mean know that chocolate shit on it or sprinkles or nothing.
Speaker 11: When I got five daughters, it's it's pretty much. I'll take whichever whatever you got there, dude, I'll take absolutely any time you got there. They're all delicious, they're made with love.
Speaker 2: You can tell.
Speaker 7: It's unbelievable. And my tier one, I don't know if this is no. They definitely have this in Tennessee.
Speaker 11: But my tier one is going to be ice cream, but more specifically a pine of ice cream, and that pine of ice cream is going to be the birthday cake remix from Cold Stalees Creamery.
Speaker 7: I'm not a fudge guy. I'm not. I don't claim to be.
Speaker 11: But when they put that whatever ice cream there, I think it's like take batter ice cream which is so much sug and you take the fudge. You put that in there, and then they take the brownie and they make that nice.
Speaker 7: Little kind of like when you take your spoon and you.
Speaker 11: Put on your masters before you put the gravy before they's giving, and they put the brownie right in the middle there and they smash the shit out of that thing and then they drizzle the fudge on it and then bank them sprinkles.
Speaker 7: Huge sprinkle guy in my massroam I love the texture they.
Speaker 11: Break bank the rainbows. They mashed that up and they put it all over your mouth, I think. And if you're in a car wreck and it's a Tuesday, like we talked about before, you can't miss, dude, that shit does not fucking miss. No, I'm not as proud of my Tier three as I like to be, but my Tier two and Tier one I figure undefeated.
Speaker 1: Well, why why would you not be proud of your star Patch kids with all the with all the late night snacking you got out there? Dude, I think you kind of can't miss a whole lot like you guys should go too.
Speaker 2: As you're walking in the pantry.
Speaker 1: If you find some star Patch kids and that's your vibe, then that's your fucking vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I get what you're saying, and I appreciate. I appreciate you being there for me and supporting me when I can find the strength to support myself. And that's a real friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dude, I will say this, it seems like you're living U. You're living a good life. You got five Daughters Bakery donut stack of donuts just laying around the house for some late night food. Because that doughnut. Is that donut is fucking incredible, dude. The hundred layer thing that they do where they get the little cream in the middle too, Like Charles a purist, she that one's fire.
Speaker 2: But I love like like.
Speaker 1: They understanding the assortment, like that they got a King Kong, which is like a maple with the bacon on top and then like the white cream in the middle in between the layers. Strawberry shortcake. Dude, I do I think Five Daughters Bakery fucks hard. Yeah, you like the Coldstone Creamery? I think is you know that could be it? That could be a debate.
Speaker 7: Speak your truth, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Speaking your truth.
Speaker 1: I do think that could be a debate because don't you got to go to Colstone Creamery to get it?
Speaker 11: Uh, you have to go. You could you could post about it, post mean it the same way you post made it your Jennies. Okay, That's that's why I did that and set up Dairy Queen because you left Dairy Queen alone. And I think if we were replaying this game right now and we were like, hey, Darry, Queen's on the table. You know what we're doing. We both know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you got a video, you got evidence of what the boys doing.
Speaker 1: Remember remember that did you have?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: When was that bro?
Speaker 7: We were in a little bit of a banger at.
Speaker 1: My oh not going now, that's when you just had gotten COVID the next day because.
Speaker 2: We shared that night.
Speaker 1: I got COVID right right, But we were sharing the same spoon and everything, and your boy was covid freeto that and you're like, hey, code ran, the boy got COVID, Go get checked dude.
Speaker 11: Will Hey, I'll say right here, Will can't get covid, can't do it.
Speaker 7: And he's he's super Himman.
Speaker 11: All you people freaking out about COVID, we all should, But will you do whatever.
Speaker 7: Fuck you want? Buddy, Like you don't even need to wear a mask.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's why that's why I never did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean even the airports. I remember watching you take it off and then you try to pin it on me. But yeah, I mean, you can't get sick. Will Compston cannot get sick, David. But I remember that I got to find that video.
Speaker 11: He says, you didn't just seed it, like you say, hey, let me get a bike, and you grab it and did it let me get a bike, and then you stared at it like you have no idea what I'm about to do to you.
Speaker 7: Motherfucker.
Speaker 11: It's the four play you put on that fucking spoon that I was, Oh my, he's living in.
Speaker 7: A different world. You.
Speaker 1: Whenever I would uh, whenever I'd post about eating or something, you'd always put it under that tweet.
Speaker 2: That's me just fucking like drinking the goddamn dary queen.
Speaker 7: I gotta find that ship. All right, boys, listen, it's swallow seven. I'm already seven minutes later.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. All right, love you, brother, I love all of you.
Speaker 7: Will I love you the most obviously. I mean it's the longest. But boys and JP have fun.
Speaker 11: Where you're going, Dude, I know you're gonna have a blast there if you.
Speaker 7: Just run up your alley, don't wait to hear about it.
Speaker 11: Boys, Jack, keep grinding, keep grinding, buddy, did that show.
Speaker 7: You severe a blos? I hope you found a shoutout?
Speaker 11: Know if you shot of the week, Garrett the merchandise King, Oh will.
Speaker 7: Send me a picture of new ship we have coming soon.
Speaker 11: Fucking cancel all your planes because when this comes out, it's selling me out like that. It's so fucking good. And Garret's the reason he fucking put that. He's a merch god. Dude, He's a merch god.
Speaker 7: The merche You fucking you all killed it.
Speaker 2: I miss you.
Speaker 11: I have fomo, but I just saw a deer. I think I saw an eagle flyfire earlier, so I kind of have a.
Speaker 7: Good time too.
Speaker 2: All right, brother boy, to see you man.
Speaker 1: All right, we interrupt this episode to bring you Revitalate. Shout out Revitalight. Here you go through it on over here, shout out Revitalight. No free shoutouts boys, advanced rehydration solution designed to replenish vital fluids in minerals. It's powered by the same electrolyte formula found in the baby aisle, but with unimproved taste in texture, but more appealing to adults. Revitalit is conveniently sold next to the beer, wine and liquor, so you can shop like an adult and hydrate responsibily. Barstool black label the berry Frost flavor is my number one pro tip. Drink half at night in the other half in the morning for optimal results. My wife and I we went out last weekend I knew I was gonna have a few old fashions because you know, you know, the boy loves whiskey, specifically whistled pig and I drank calf before we went out, drink half when I got up in the morning. The boys feeling vibrant, The boy was feeling free. There was a lot of good vibes that next morning. Pick up your Revitalate black label today in store, online at the Barstool store and tweet at us and or tag at drink Revitalight in your morning after stories we might share. We're gonna I'm sure we're gonna engage with you guys, but have fun, drink responsibly, drink.
Speaker 2: REVITALI How do with that burder?
Speaker 7: What do you have?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: So we went on a like a spring tour for busting with the.
Speaker 1: Boys, and we went to like we went to Maama Mater because Sailor's got al Nebraska in and then they gave U. Then they looked at then for what seeing that Michigan. Do you know what's coming? You know what's coming from that? Those visits that right there is I Jim Harball agreed to make the Nebraska Michigan game the Bust and Bowl.
Speaker 2: So we had both coaches signed off. Well, coaches agree. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Frost is like, if you get Harball in the A d on word, I'm all in. We went to Harball. Harball was all in.
Speaker 2: He was right up.
Speaker 1: Be signed that piece of paper. Our lawyer, our legal team, jack back there wrote that up and now we're I just messaged with the ad from Nebraska like a few weeks ago and showed him the video of everything.
Speaker 2: He goes, Bro, let's do it. I'm all in.
Speaker 4: What conference on the rosters in the Big twelve Big ten? They moved to the Big ten so they can play what'd you say? They're in the same division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're gonna play the next eight years. We're gonna get a big trophy made. It's gonna be like a monstrous like a bus trophy, got the steer horns on the front, and it's gonna be heaviest ship hopefully like fifty pounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and dudes are gonna battle for the bus.
Speaker 1: Yes, Bro, trying to like hona look funny.
Speaker 4: I like it, dude.
Speaker 2: So we got Brian Erlacker.
Speaker 1: We have had the most adversity on the bus that I think we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: In a day.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting in my house, Taylor sends me a voice match. It's like, hey, bro, I'm running a fever right now, and I got stripped throat, I got tests and I have strip throw my tonsils have sworn everything else. I'm like, oh, fuck, well, I know he's gonna have fomo not being on the bus talking with Brian, but uh.
Speaker 2: And then I get a the power goes out of our house.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, oh, it's no big deal because it wasn't raining too hard and blosses the group chat saying the powers out of the bus, like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like hopefully comes back on because it stops raining.
Speaker 1: Then I get a call from Peggy hooked you did the booking for you look it all up. And Peggy hits me up and goes, hey, they re routed Brian to uh to uh where'd you end up?
Speaker 2: Knoxville? Yeah, they rewrapped Brian and Knoxville.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Yo, this is fucking crazy because you're supposed to be here a couple of days ago, and then all the delays happened.
Speaker 4: Everything happened then, Yeah, it's unreal.
Speaker 1: I'm here now, Hey, we made it happen Bro, we were sitting here. We were sitting here shooting on the hoop outside and stuff. The power came back on. Got you some you babies because you're starving, you're fucking around with the airlines.
Speaker 4: They just don't like me. I'm worried, you know, I'm supposed to go home home after this. We'll see. I'm worried. Where have you been?
Speaker 2: Because you were just on the McBee show.
Speaker 4: Bro was yes, So I went from what's today Friday?
Speaker 2: Today is Friday?
Speaker 4: So I left last Thursday and I went to uh Florida, played Jordan's Place on Saturday. No, I played the grove on Friday, Jordan's golf place, went fishing Saturday and Sunday. And Mark Marco m J.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his place is great. The golf course is on Row.
Speaker 2: You guys are Chicago guys too?
Speaker 4: So well, I played there. I'm not from there.
Speaker 2: What are you guys? Boys like?
Speaker 4: So we remember the same golf course in Chicago at Merrick Club for I was there fifteens. Michael was probably their thirty years okay, if I see him out there all the time. Didn't play a lot of golf together. We always saw each other. Yeah, He's great, he's awesome, always super nice to me. Doesn't have to be, but he always is. In the and the idiots that bring with me too. And then I went back to my place to Marco and fish for two days. Supposed to come here on Monday. Was it Monday?
Speaker 2: Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Anyway, the whole schedule got it was supposed to be Monday. The whole schedule got thrown off by by time. I don't know what happened. And they're not supposed to come on Tuesday, right, Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday and tuesdays supposed to be at seven thirty because Taylor had training era right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what it is anymore mini camp and then got canceled or delayed, canceled. Drove to Orlando to try and make another flight to get here, delayed, so I ended up flying it. Though I love you, I was trying to make everything I couldn't. End up going to Chicago after the McAfee show, spend the night there, come here this morning. I spent two nights in Chicago. Actually I saw my brother, my nieces. Then came here and I'm here and I'm going to go into Arizona today.
Speaker 2: Yo, Is that pretty much a glimpse of the retirement life.
Speaker 4: No, this is just shitty. I don't like doing all this stuff. Man. The retire life is golf, fishing, riding my bike, just hanging out, man, just relaxing. But it's been hottest. It was one fifteen, like four days when I was gone, So I did miss that.
Speaker 2: Is Arizona enjoyable in this time of the summer.
Speaker 4: Winter? That winter's great. I don't mind it. Man. So here's the way I look at it. So in Chicago on the winter, can you go outside and do shit? No? No? So in Arizona if it's one fifteen, I still play golf in it, I don't care. I mean it's great. So I lose a ton of weight. You know, I can still eat like shit. I can still do what I want to and I can lose weight. But I'm playing golf after I ride my bike. It's great.
Speaker 1: Bro. I saw the clip with for Play about you talking about how.
Speaker 2: Shit did you eat so bad? You did when you played too so bad?
Speaker 4: I got a little better the older I sold when Rusty Jones, Rusty Jones was our string coach. I want to say my fourth after my fourth year he showed up, so five through thirteen he was our strength coach, and I had no idea about I just ate whatever hell I wanted to, and I still did when Rusty got there. But I was more like he was like, yeah, I get your carbs, get your carbs. So I did eat more carbs when he got there. But I just like junk food. I like donuts, I like candy bars, I like pop tarts. I like cookies before I go to bed with two percent milk. Now, I did go two percent milks to the whole milk. I love chocolate milk. Chocolate milk is good for you after a workout. You know that, right, Yeah, of course you know that. So I just like to like food.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: So I ride my bike now as as much as I can, so I can eat whatever the piss I want.
Speaker 2: You're much smaller in person.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm just fun.
Speaker 4: I thought you'd be taller. I saw I was like, oh he's down there, Oh get my back.
Speaker 1: Yeah one six with the shoes on. You know what I'm saying, You're the combine fall a six one guy. I wasn't a combine guy. Yeah, come on, now, I hear you. The combine did me some good. That's what well, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: I was projected high, but you know I was a quote unquote small school. I didn't go in Nebraska. You know, I didn't go to Nebraska. I was in a freaking big, big time schooler. So I went to New Mexico, the University of New Mexico. So I didn't get a lot of looks, but they had me projected high. But with the combine really solidified my spot.
Speaker 2: Dude, you because you were a safety in college.
Speaker 4: I was a free state. I was like a rover. We played three three five. I was like I was freeing them middle all the time. But I just did whatever I wanted to. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So they built it around you.
Speaker 4: Yes, well the defense had it was called the Lobo.
Speaker 2: The Lobos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there was a guy played the same position at UCLA before I remember, he's a safety. I'm not good remembering, but he played the same position I did when Coach Long was at u C l A. And they just made his positions for for the Lobo at you.
Speaker 2: And M and you were a receiver in high school? Yeah, were you a beast?
Speaker 4: I was pretty good and I was slow, I mean, tall, skinny, white guy. But you know I scored twenty twenty five touchdowns my senior. We were state champs. We were good. Were fourteen touchdowns twenty five total. I think I had six punt and kick returns, two rushing and the rest were receiving, and then I had I returned. I had no defensive touchdowns in high school.
Speaker 2: You're fourteen and oh state championship.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah, we got our guys back right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, state champs, fourteen, No, naturally ranked. I don't know how we got nationally ranked, because if we played anybody that was good in another state, we got throttled. But we were good in our state. How fun?
Speaker 2: Wasn't winning a state high school championship pretty bad?
Speaker 4: As because you think we have one? We have one high school where I grew up. How big is the town you go?
Speaker 2: You grow up in the one thousand people, four thousand people?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in your in your town? Yeah in our town that's bigger than smaller than I grew up in. Yes, we had on high school. We probably similarly, we had one high school where I grew up, and you go to school with all the kids like our senior class, there's like thirteen of us and we all played from seventh grade on together, so it's cool. So we lost the state championship my junior year. We were eleven and four, and then our t should be their state championship, beat them in the REGs season in my senior year, end up going on to the win.
Speaker 2: Supermotivated going into your senior year.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 2: All the Baltimore Material.
Speaker 4: Quarterback Tours AHL our eighth game of the year, our starting quarterback ripped his a cl in the second quarter of the eighth game of the year playing Artisia. And then my boy Brandy comes in and we go six and zer with him in quarterbacking game war. He could sling it well, he threw. He really threw to me a lot. The other Brandon was our quarterback when I was in eighth and ninth grade, and then he didn't play because he's a good basketball player. So he set out his junior, sophomore, and junior and senior year. Thank gad he came out, because if he doesn't come out, we don't win it because the guy get it gets hurt.
Speaker 2: Why don't you think you guys recruited much out of high school.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I wonder about that. I just so I went to a camp at Texas Tech before before my senior year. I was the most tast standing camper is like five hundred kids. I was like, definitely going to score. They gave me a scholarship for sure, no doubt. They gave me the most test Standing Camper award. They're like, you can come walk on if you want to. We just we don't have a scholarship for it. I couldn't afford it. I got to meet Zach Thomas in the weight room that day at their camp.
Speaker 2: We'll get in.
Speaker 4: I heard that click exact Tom on thee anyway, Yeah, and I was at their camp and then they just they're like, you can come walk on. And I took a trip to you and m and Coach Fan was like, we loved it off your off a fuse scholarship, but if you don't take it right now, we're give to somebody else. I was like, I'll take it. That's my only offer I've ever gotten. I took one visit. I was supposed to. The nice Go State called me two weeks later, but I wasn't gonna go with her. Anyway baggies. But so I took it right there.
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 4: That's the only place offered me. Crazy, one visit, one offer, that's all it took.
Speaker 2: Now, how old are you? You're in your forties, forty four old and crazy old?
Speaker 4: I know it goes.
Speaker 2: What was what was recruiting like?
Speaker 1: Because it's so much of it now and we'll get we'll talk about your son here and staff too, but like, what was recruiting like back then?
Speaker 2: Like how were you trying to get noticed? Was it just like go to camps?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I went. I went through one camp. Yeah, I think they didn't have is the huddle they have now for all these kids videos and on his phone?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you can putting your bio on media now?
Speaker 4: Four hundred plays, I'm like, damn, but let's all practice though, But back then it was I guess I used to get a ton of letters at home. Back then, I Colgate. What's the Cornell sent me letters? I had ivy leagues recruiting me. Obviously they didn't offer me a scholarship. But I took one visit you and m was like, we'd like to bring your official visit up here and my parents drove us up and that was it. That's all. That was my recruiting experience. One trip, one visit, one offer, and that was it.
Speaker 1: Now are your are your head coaches or coaching staff trying to help you get recruited?
Speaker 2: Are you guys? Not a very big school that didn't really live here.
Speaker 4: Fried But we just we didn't. We didn't have a lot of kids go. I was the only guy that went to play D one football in my high school. I think, yeah, maybe there might have been a couple of guys walk on after I left, but we don't. We don't really get a lot of scholarships down there because we're in a we're a small school in New Mexico, so people don't think we can play football. I guess I don't know. This is me off. We're good, we were good.
Speaker 2: New Mexico is kind of like it's kind of like it was kind of like what.
Speaker 1: I'm not, no no, no disrespect, but you know you're thinking about Madam to our house.
Speaker 2: Kind of like just goes up under the carpet there, it really does.
Speaker 4: So you got Florida, California, Texas, you know they have good high school footall in Arizona as well. They had a lot of my son's team last year at the kid go to aole state. I can't go to Iowa State. I could go to Princeton a receiver. Two receivers went Ohio State and i Old State Unreal.
Speaker 1: So that's what sucks about Taylor not being there. He went to is this Chaparral, Chaparra.
Speaker 4: So they're good.
Speaker 1: We played, they got a good they got a good team.
Speaker 4: They got some dudes. They won state. I think in the last year they went, theyre lose state and they got to the stage.
Speaker 2: They win because they had a five star kid there.
Speaker 4: He's like a d M D and he's a badass. He's a good player. I think they lost in a championship to Highland and uh so that's the So there's two different state championships there. There's the Open, which is one chance that plays in. There's eight teams, just the eight best teams in the state. They played for one, the big state championship, and then the other teams played for the other one. If you don't get in the Open, you're playing. It's still a change state championship, but it's not like the big big one. It's weird.
Speaker 2: They the loser's bracket.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that. I'm not sure what they call it.
Speaker 1: But you got a son though, and he just got he's getting recruited by like Iowa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kennedy got it offer from so. One of the guy played with plays for our coaches from Iowa, LeVar Woods, the special teams coach there. LeVar has played linebacker with mich good guy, good dude. He played at uh in Iowa. Yeah, and he played at Arizona. I think he also played Detroit. Good dude though. So he's a special teams coach and he called me He's like, hey, we're gonna recruit your son. I was like, cool, well, I need to do here's nothing. And then he shows up one day he calls me, like a week later, he goes, we want to offer Candy a scholarship. I was like, oh, he's gonna be so happy because my son's a big dude on his own. Guy. He don't want me to do shit for him, which I appreciate. You know, I don't did shit for me, but it's hard because because of his last name, I think he's gonna may help a little bit. But he's been busting his last He's getting like forty pounds in two years, just all muscles. Girl a little bit, but uh, they offered him and then Arizona State offered him two weeks ago. He's gonna offer from Arizona, Northern Arizona, and the most important one, the University of New Mexico offered him first before anybody.
Speaker 2: New Mexico have a shot in hell to land him.
Speaker 4: I hope so, Man, I don't know, it depends. I think so. The head coach at You and m Is was my roommate in college, stand against Alas. Okay, Man, I hope so. I hope it would be fun to watch him go that He probably do pretty well there. I would think, we don't. We just don't get a lot of players at You and m and you know what's what about not stupid. It's good for the players, but the nil money these dudes are getting basically played them go to school.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it's gonna become like a free agency, that's all.
Speaker 4: It is now. I was talking to some college coaches.
Speaker 1: Beverage like they're gonna have agents, like yes, and your son, what what years are going into?
Speaker 4: Get junior next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's fucking crazy that he's getting recruited that early.
Speaker 4: Oh understand it either. I just don't get it. I mean, you got offers, but so say they all take their offers back. What happens? Well, if they get how can you get out like fifty offers a year where you can only give twenty kids carships per year? Right, that's a good point. I don't understand how you do it. It's still confuses the shout at me. But I'm glad that his school is gonna be paid for hopefully, Well that makes me happy, and probably with some more on top, maybe with the ANOL money, yeah, the NL money.
Speaker 2: Talking, sure he'll develop. Yeah, the last name you know?
Speaker 1: You know too, like you've been around the scouts and stuff, like when guys have like pedigrees behind them, they get like a little extra Yeah, you get like a little extra boost, Like did you have a pedigrae?
Speaker 2: Did your family?
Speaker 4: No? No, not really.
Speaker 2: You would know your teammates if they had like a dad or somebody.
Speaker 1: They would talk up and they'd be like like an extra.
Speaker 4: Get a little little bump there. Yeah, hopefully that helps him out. He don't want that. He wants to do on his own.
Speaker 2: How much? What percentage you gonna take from him? No, man, I'm gonna put in your house if.
Speaker 4: He does get any of that, I'm no, I'm not counting on that because he's not a quarterback. He's not a receiver. It's not a quarterback. I mean, he's a free safety. And he might not be a free states and he goes to college, you may be outside on a back or a corner. Who knows that is?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 2: You never know? Because he could be at the end. Were you uh now were you six four through high school?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I graduated high school six four, one ninety. I was skinny as Yeah, that was That's a nice way to put it. When I was benching to twenty five come out of high school one time one rep. Way Now I did two forty five for one rep byke. That's why it's crazy. My son does like a thirty five. I'm like, dude, that's more than I did my uh when I was in high school my whole career.
Speaker 2: You might eat better than you, does eat better than you.
Speaker 4: He's a lot I know that damn much. My daughters eat like birds and he eats everything in sight. Yeah, crazy, but yeah, he's just strong.
Speaker 1: Did you not know, like going into like college in the NFL, did you not know how to eat or people would tell you and you were just balling.
Speaker 2: So you're like, I mean, I feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as I'm playing good and I'm not like lethargic, I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: Never crossed my mind. So this is nineteen ninety when I went to college. I graduated high school ninety six, so food I wasn't a big deal, but I didn't know anything about it back then. In college it's all about as many calories as you can because you have a heart. I had a hard time keeping weight on. I'm at gain thirty pounds my freshman year, but it was all I mean, that's the first time I took CREATI and the first time I actually trained because in high school I went football, basketball, track, and you stop and you work out for the summer. So I never had a chance to really gain weight and eat right, not even eat right, just eat you know a ton of shit to gain weight, yeah, and take the weight gain sticks. But in college, you know, like feed that stuff to you. So I gained thirty pounds my freshman year, I just kept getting faster. The more weight I gain, the faster I got crazy.
Speaker 1: And then in the NFL, it's kind of like, yoh, yeah, de Pit's a rookie of the Year, Like I'm fucking balling.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't like that. It was stressful, but I still didn't eat good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, your first year, you get drafted to the to the Bears. In your first year, you're like slated to be like the strong side backer, right, Yes, I read somewhere to where you got. You got benched in the first couple of games I got.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't make it to a couple of games. I got mentioned in the first two weeks of preseason. Roosevelt covid he went to Purdue Rose a good guy. So they drafted me to and they started me right away. Rosie was so pissed, he was moist, like they benched Rosie because Rosie was a year ahead of me. And then during training camp, I was you know, I'm a I played free safety, so I don't have no idea how to use my hands in the box. I played sam someone on that's hide end every time doing it. If he walks down, go spill strong side back. Yeah, if if he walks down, go spill the power. H hammer that. I'm like, I don't even know what this happened so fast I could guard the tight ends. Obviously that wasn't a problem. But then in week two, very or after I get benched. I'm the third down nickel Mike linebacker.
Speaker 2: Why did you get benched?
Speaker 4: Because I sucked? I was terrible, Sam terrible. I kept sucking up. I couldn't do like I knew what I was doing. I couldn't do it though. Technique wise, I was so bad. And then third down I was playing Mike, so I was good to go, you know, just running around whatever. But then in week two we played Tampa, Barry Mentor gets hurt the second quarter, hurts his back. Greg blossos, go play Mike, I go.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 4: I never played, but he was just run to the ball man, just just you know, you know, you know what Sam does fit where he doesn't, and just run to the football. And then I started every game since then.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it was really like that. It was a conversation like that, I was it.
Speaker 4: Greg was like, just run to the football. I was like, fuck, I can do that. I did all right? Yeah, easy, like it was nothing.
Speaker 1: You kind of have nothing to lose when you go in like that because you're like, oh, fuck it, I can kind of you can mess up a little bit and they're not gonna coach you too hard.
Speaker 4: We lost forty two zero, but it was thirty five zero half, so.
Speaker 2: When they were telling you to go in, well, we were down.
Speaker 4: Thirty five zero and Barry gets hurt. I'm like, great, So the game didn't matter. Obviously we're down. We're gonna get lose anyway. I think they scored three touchdowns on defense in the first half the day asked in Tampa, and I think we lose forty two and nothing. So that game didn't mean shit. But we were competitive. We were zero and four and ended up being seven or eight and eight that year. Bull shit. We were five and eleven and we were four four our last eight games, and we were one seven after eight games.
Speaker 2: I want to talking about you go on to be the defensive rookie of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was it kind of just like a light switch when you got when you played at Mike Backer. Did you play at Mike Becker during training camp?
Speaker 4: No? They were just throws down down, Okay, Third down. You know, I'd play like I said Nickel third down. You know, Barry was a little older, so they put me in there, thought I would do better. But you know, it was crazy, is how many sacks I had my rookie. I had eight sacks as a rookie. I bet you I didn't get blocked on six of those ones. Six of those sacks, we would you know, the DM stunts or whatever you were, You're run the long sticks and I would chase them. Never got blocked. It was crazy. It's like they didn't know I was ever gonna blitz. And then I had a couple of picks, but just tons of tackles and eight sacks. Was was pretty good for me. Linebackers the most had five. Well NFL stats yeahots are bullshit.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: What you haven't team on seventy eight the actual tackles. Yeah, rookie, that's a rookie. Yeah, that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Sixteen games. It was a round ten of games. But we and Mike Brown, you know you know Mike Brown. Yeah, you know who Mike Brown is. Yeah, he was he was our free safety. He was afted in the same year. Yeah, he had like one hundred and forty tackles. I was a badaster. He should have been rookie the year. He was a bad for you Yeah, I mean anybody if he was a one rookie the year you know what I mean? That dude was. He walked in the building day one. He was the starter. He knew exactly where to fit every play, knew what I was doing, knew what he was doing. He knew everything. Smart football player ever played with not even close Nebraska yep and Arizona. So I think he went to Tomorrow in Arizona yep. Oh you talk about high school, Highchoolah, Arizona Cat black shirt.
Speaker 2: That was when the Blacks.
Speaker 4: I met something. That's Tom Grant, wist Room, Peter Peters who there was another d N that played Wishrom, Jason Peter. They had so many guys. So my my high school coach was Nebraska fans, so every time we went to we had to watch them.
Speaker 2: Back then.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tear the backers. What was it, trev Alberts, TREVORBERTMB nine four, I know travel there. I'm just not sure if I don't know what years he was there, the first round pick. Yeah, he was now in Nebraska. Is he really Yeah, good for him, but keep it in house Nebraska, I know, right, And he got Scott coming back. That's right. I love that hire. By the way, they just got a win, bro I know, is that quarterback going to be there another year? Martinez? It's like years he's been there.
Speaker 1: Transferred to case A so eligible, Hey, those are different, Martinez is oh Martinez played with me, Taylor Martinez.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 4: But this kid's been there for like seventeen years.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, he's been there a while years.
Speaker 1: Maybe this extra year everyone got he's been Yeah, that extra year, that's that's different.
Speaker 4: But then all the guys are transferring. It's crazy to me how they can just transfer it. I know, we don't. Yeah, go and play right away, no set out, nobody doing, no doubt. Yeah. Crazy.
Speaker 1: It's starting off in that first part of your career too, like going to five, when you become defensive player of the Year, you go through a coaching change to Lovey in O four and you guys kind of have like a really mediocre year and O four and then you become defensive player of the Year in O five. Talk about the coaching transition, h like what that?
Speaker 7: What that?
Speaker 2: I was like playing for Lovey for a long time.
Speaker 4: My first staff we had my from it was Dick Daron was our head coach and Greg lost Art decording. They were unbelievable. I love playing for those guys, but it was just I don't know man that but they didn't have a lot of faith in the offensively we're struggling, so they fired that staff.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 4: I was super pissed when they fired coach coach Aron. Just you get attached to your guys. Four years with him and then Lovey comes in and I'm like, but then I met him and then I started. I mean, that defense was phenomenal. From what I hear, they wanted to trade me when he got there.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 4: Lovey's never confirmed this, and I've asked him about it, but he won't. He won't give me an answer or give me a dancer I want to hear. But let's you'll never give you. He gives big guy, you know, we wouldn't trade you. You're a Hall of Famer blah blah blah. Anyway, Uh, but allegedly there was some trade talks. I didn't know this until afterwards because the middle linebacker in that defense was so insignificant. It's the will. You want the will because in the four to three that Lovey ran, the Derek Brooks, Dance Briggs, those are the guys that made all the players. It wasn't the middle linebacker. So I was I was like, you know, early on man, they n cover two. If it was a past, My ass was running down the middle field. You turn and run. That was how they rank every.
Speaker 2: Start opening your hips. No matter what right, you.
Speaker 4: Can't get away in the middle. That was the rule. And thank goodness, lovely adjusted. We adjusted. We call it the Bear two. It wasn't Tampa two anymore. And then I could actually read the receivers and if someone went deep, I could go with him. If not, I could kind of sit down and play. They check down the tight ends whatever and now and then we did blitz a lot more, and we were aggressive as ship. Like if it was if we were an eight man front and there was any kind of play action or run, we ran through our gaps down here. If it was a pass, oh shit, reacted the past late. But we were downhill cover two. We're a little slower, but our d line number was so damn good. We could play a seven man front and didn't have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: We could have to blitz not doing the stuff like, uh, did you play for Marinelli?
Speaker 1: Yes, so we're so when you're in Tampa, are you guys having pirates and stuff going in front.
Speaker 4: Of the long seats?
Speaker 2: Yep. So you know Land, that's love, bro, especially when you're just overlapping each other.
Speaker 4: So all I did was chase Slat so the DN would run the pirate, you know, the three technique goes. Then we had Tommy Harris the three technique too, So we had some dudes in there. And then you got Pep running the long stick and you got Lance chasing him. If it's flow runs, I'm just chasing Lance. I'm usually watch the funk up, but no one's blocking me. And they running backs bounced that to the corner, and the corner Peanuts out there throwing the receiver of the ground making the play sound. Dude, Peanuts was the man, well, not not just the punch, but the way he played the run man. Those receivers, he bitched those receivers. If you would literally get him up and throw him to the ground and make the plays tackles for loss. So our seven man in front and cover twos were really nine man front because our corners forced so well. Yeah, we were good up front.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: The only team I can think of that I got to watch was like the Niners when it was p Willis Bowman.
Speaker 2: They ran a two shell and it was like because they justin Smith Smith all the dude.
Speaker 4: The Vara Bowman was such a good Patrick's good too, But the Vara Bowman to me was badass.
Speaker 2: I like watching him was better out of him and Patrick because the.
Speaker 4: Good I think Patrick had more success, but Navarro to me was a guy who just kind of kept I think he was the mill linebacker right, and then Patrick was the will correct I personally, No, I like I like them all better. I don't know why. I like Patrick a lot to They're both good players, but Navar to me kind of I feel like he was just like a gritty guy and he got it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah stout, dude, Not that Patrick wasn't. It's like you're compared by aliens.
Speaker 4: Bro I'll take the other. How about that, and we're both going to be happy as hell with the result we get. Yeah, dude, So I.
Speaker 1: Want to do you have any good stories about Marinelli. So I got to play with Marinelli. I was with How long was I in Vegas? Like five weeks this past year? Well this year you were yeah, yeah he was there, and he was there, bro, and he's.
Speaker 4: Got to be seventy four seventy five now Bro.
Speaker 1: The limping his leg, yeah, the big fucking uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, but yeah, so it looks like something's growing out of his leg at times.
Speaker 4: But going down there.
Speaker 1: I was only there those few weeks, but the respect he seemed to have by the team and the defense was incredible, Like you just want to be around the guy because se like he you could see he coached guys hard.
Speaker 2: But the way he taught, you know, four equals one?
Speaker 4: And did he do the videos the cheet doesn't like the night before the games and you run that all yeah, or he.
Speaker 1: Does like a funny like videos where he shows like whales or lions hunting and you want to.
Speaker 4: Run We watched those on Saturday nights before games. We want to run through a fucking watch. Or our meetings he's like, can we play right now? You always show these meetings like it was. I used to love meetings with that dude. But so Nellie, like our walkthroughs weren't walk through us, they were him trying to embarrass us. Like we would go out there for half an hour before lunch. We'd have our walk through every day and mean Lan's like, hey, let's fucking go. They're not gonna guess on one play today? Yeah now, And Lovey's over there to run the scout team, and nell he's telling the lineman, you know, I don't know how y'all walked. Y'all's walk throughs were, but he's like, hey, come off, double this guy and get up to stude. He's always telling the lineman what to do to make us think it was something that it wasn't. And our walkthroughs were so challenging just because they always tried to embarrass us. And the same way it was scout team. He wasn't scout team. It was embarrassed. At defense time, it was great, but there was nothing like we weren't prepared for, like when the ball was snapped every single time, not just because of him, but Coach Babbage, Coach Coach Smith and coach Area was there for a couple years as well. But you knew exactly what to do every single play before that, there was no doubt in your mind what to do every position.
Speaker 1: There was no gray areas, dude, the uh, the pass rushers, everybody was just they loved him, bro, like a dad, like when they when Bisachi and that staff kind of got fired. Yeah, Gus Bradley because he's now Mary Nelly now in uh the Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: I believe Nelly and Gus went there.
Speaker 2: I believe Nelly's there. I know I know Gus there. I love Gus too, by the way, dude, he's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's great, man.
Speaker 2: It's simple Cover three, bro, I know it's all ship right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like a weird hybrid Cover three where there's wrinkles, you know, each week like in.
Speaker 4: They all run the four arc or the wheel routes get him every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like main cover.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I'm glad dih't play.
Speaker 2: He's always like one call, keep it simple. That was always keeping it simple.
Speaker 4: We go into a game with five calls, but Nelly is we go in there with over two, over one under ten and two blisters and then third down, three calls on third down. That was it. He simple, especially on Thursday night games, which I loved I love Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Those were a week because you you don't do anything during the week. You've done Sunday and you're like, yo, we have a give a post game cigar and then you're like, yo, we're playing on Thursday.
Speaker 2: You're always like.
Speaker 4: You're ready and the game is nothing and it's usually a division game so you know your opponent super easy. But Nelly was great for me.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: He he challenged me every day and he like he'd be walking down the hall and you see me goes, hey, big guy, you're gonna have a great game this week. You're gonna do it. This man always talking positive even are some games. Obviously I played like ship, but he wouldn't. And we're the great thing about that staff as when we when we played and lost, like they're always positive. It's always our meeting was always like oh we did this and that. When we won, it was a bitch session. It was like opposite of what you know, you think if you played good and you went like, oh this is great. That uh, when you play good good, that's when they come in there and nitpick you. I guess that's the way. It's probably sure because you're just probably thinking your chest is out. We played good.
Speaker 2: We're good as ship.
Speaker 1: But I know what you mean, because there was like an energy about it, like with that staff, like when you felt like you had a bag in because we got our asshipt one game against Casey last year, like yet yeah, well you beat him the first thing, yeah, but absolutely murdered by him and uh the next week was kind of like it's just like a weird the way they're like coaching you, because it's like.
Speaker 2: You're trying to find some of the positivity it never happened. Yeah, you're trying to find messaging that kind of gets you over it.
Speaker 4: Because those I mean, I guess sometimes you have those games you know you're just gonna ship the bed. Yeah, sometimes you gonna have the games where you go the other way. But you know, it happens, and it happens to every every level.
Speaker 2: Right when you win. They just want to keep your ego and Check.
Speaker 4: Said, you want to beat your back down.
Speaker 2: Dark was the king at that Mike oh bro because he like fucking fourteen years.
Speaker 4: We played forever. He played for a long I mean yeah, but not so he played for Belichick. That's a little different Belichick, man, Those coaches that coach with him and play and the players that played for him, they're they're different. I don't know what it is that he does to them or.
Speaker 2: How he does it, but guys just extremely detailed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wetail, here's.
Speaker 2: A different ability of sky High.
Speaker 4: Here's a difference. They had a quarterback. We never not that we didn't have a quarterback. We never had a quarterback like where you could go, all right, this dude's gonna win the game for us. We didn't really have a a guy like that when I played there. J J was that guy at the end. I only played like two years with Jay and we weren't that good around him. But Brady, you know, even if they the bed, for sure, he could win for you a beast. Before that, you had Bloodsoe and like obviously Brady was. I mean, everybody knows Brady's the fucking girls.
Speaker 1: I will say, like playing for Rabel and then the Raiders in Washington, and haven't I want to say, I was five different.
Speaker 4: Head coaches the Wave coach in Washington.
Speaker 1: I had Shanahan, and then I had uh Jay Gruden, and then I had John in Vegas, and then I had Bisacia and then in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: I had Rabel coaches then. I like all those guys. Yeah, they were fun, big Gruden guy. I like John Green, which one John I don't know Jay. I know John, So I know Jay mostly because I played. I was at Watchington for five years before I left. Then I was with Raiders one year.
Speaker 1: But it felt like I knew John because like when he was doing the like I was like a Gruden grinder one game or you got I got to sit and do like an immediate thing with him. So I felt like I knew him when I got there, and because him and Jay are brothers. But I didn't like spend the the most.
Speaker 2: Time around because he's such an offensive guy. Yeah, you're cutting the offensive guy.
Speaker 4: That's how I love He was lovely barely even go to the offense. He was always with the defense. Yeah, just the way it goes, which can be a gift and a curse. Yeah, if you got well, our defense always played good. That's True's always a little lag there right almost side of the football.
Speaker 1: But if if you're playing bad defense, run you have a defensive minded head coach like Ray. Like when we would play bad defense, Bro, it's just like.
Speaker 4: It doesn't look good on them, it's bad. And then the whole fucking mood on the team is like He's like, no matter how good the offense does, doesn't matter because you guys stunk.
Speaker 1: Exactly and you can win the game, don't matter, win the game by like three touchdowns, but the defense plays bad, You're like.
Speaker 4: We're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I do feel like uh with Vrabel, and I've talked about this before, but the detail that they have with like their organization structure and the way they communicate, Like every day you start off eight o'clock as a team meeting and Vrabel's up there for thirty minutes talking about quzzing. He would quizz you on offensive stuff or he would quiz you on defensive stuff for the other team. So you would have to know what the offense you need to know in front of the whole team. In front of the whole team. You know how your asstal gets tight when he called on from the whole team there, Yeah, you know what the answer is. You're still thinking, like, I'll just give you a minute. I'm just panicking right now. I know I feel yeah, for sure, But that's every day and so everything was always carried over like team keys, Like the clarity of how you were gonna win was is always all new, wow, whether it's in the team meeting, and then you carried over in a position and then at the end of practice you'll be called up. It'll be like comp what's what's the offensive what's one of the offensive team keys? And you're like, fuck, I'm defensive special teams. You're like trying to nudge an offensive guy like hey, what is one? But it's like that type of who wants you all to know how you're gonna win the game as a team? Collect right, right, I've never heard that. That's amazing. If you're like, say a defensive lineman, he'll ask you like, hey, tell me about tell me about so and so the offensive linean who's gonna block? You, like, tell me about him? And you got to like give you know, you got to give some like bio details. Where do you go to college at?
Speaker 2: Like very is it's like that. But that's I think he I believed from the Patriot your way for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, and accountability obviously that's what that's what talks about. Right, Yeah, no doubt I never heard that before thirty minute team meeting grilling both sides of the ball in front of the team. Yeah. I used to getting called out in defensive meetings like for what we watched the film after the games, you know, and I'm like, this is not going to look good for me.
Speaker 2: Hey did they put this play in there?
Speaker 7: Like? Oh? You know?
Speaker 4: And I know because my coach was a dickhead. I love him to death, Coach Baigs, but I know he loves to embarrass me in front of the team the defense. Yeah, bro fifty four on this play, look at him here, coach coach, look at coach Joe Bryant here. I'm like, fuck, he was that's a little that's a lot for this is what kind of tackles that Just it's so embarrassing because you know, in front of your peers, you do not want to let them down.
Speaker 2: It's just the worst feeling, man.
Speaker 4: But you know everyone in the same room was felt the same in the room felt the same way. Yeah, you know all of it, All of them guys that are on the field, like, you know that they're going to have a play like that in the game. So right, that's the way I looked at it, right, no doubt. So I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Playing early in your career. Like I want to add, I've wanted to ask, like, what was it life playing against Michael Vick?
Speaker 4: He was the greatest. I love playing Michael Vick.
Speaker 1: You guys bold against you, like you held him to eighteen yards and I'm talking you guys, this is prime Michael Vick.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about mad and No.
Speaker 7: Four.
Speaker 4: You're using him on the video game or whatever. We we never lost to Michael Vick in my career. We never lost to Michael. I think we're five and oh we were three in our Atlanta and two and old Philly. But man, I love that dude. I just there's something about planning him our so our our game plans were always keep him in the box, keep him in the pocket. You can't he's gonna escape. But we could run. We had d linemen that could run. We had linebackers that could run, we had safeties that could run, and we just we played a net around him. We are d lineman to go up the field and it's boring a shit because they have to get up there and you know, the one arm and stop and he keeps out on face, doesn't go around you. You wanted to go up inside to your backers. But we just played well against him. I don't know what it was about it. We got up for those games and we did really, really well against them.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 4: It was funny.
Speaker 2: He's so far enough to ask about that.
Speaker 1: It's like being a kid in the candy store, Like I'm playing all the like when you're when you're going through the NFL, Like I came into the league at thirteen the year you retired, so college, high school, middle school. Like when I'm playing you, Ray Lewis, you guys are the Packers, you and Briggs arguably.
Speaker 2: One of the best duos of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's like then you're playing against Michael Vickis of but it's like prime football fandom for me getting the fucking city with Brian Orlaker and asking about these stories.
Speaker 4: It seems like so long ago too. But like Michael, Michael was the man. Like I said, when he got drafted, I was like, oh shit, that's just gonna be a problem. You watched him run around and then his rookie year, he got in the game against US because Chris Chandler was starting, and then Vic came in. I think we were up like thirty one zero. We just beat that. We were good that we were thirteen and three. And then Michael comes in and fumbles on the goal and the ball bounce was right to me. I run ninety yards for a touchdown. And then later the next year we beat him fourteen thirteen. I had two sacks up there at or down there in Atlanta for FUM. We just said we had good games against them. I don't know what it was. We didn't. We didn't play scared. How about that we knew he was gonna make some plays, but if we made enough, we were still find a way to beat him.
Speaker 1: You guys had such a good d too, just beat the ball away and Washington like j No Josh Norman was really good at the peanut bar.
Speaker 2: You punched it out and so it was always like the peanut punch was like the legacy was alive. And well when we were around there.
Speaker 4: He's got everyone's doing it. Now there's a corner I don't know who. I was watching the game this year and it's like they're cognizant. That's that go to and I understand it. But the guys are getting ran over. But that ball comes you see dude, get hit. He's going backwards. Oh there's the ball. He punches it out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, they're running and there Marlin Humphrey is really fucking good at it.
Speaker 2: He's Baltimore.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of great players in the NFL. Man, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: But a corner will come up, man, and the you know, the running backs probably think they're gonna run them over, so they start lowering their shoulder and they just pop the ball out. Bro.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: In practice, it it'd be funny watching, Like during training Championship when we actually got to hit, the receivers would catch the ball and everyone would put they put two hands on the ball. If Peanut was around or if whatever they would do, it was two hands on the ball. I remember Brandon Marshall every time he was like, I'm not gonna fumble. He ain't gonna make me fumble. Every receiver will put two hands on the life. Playing with b marsh Marshall was great. I want to play one one year with Brandon. But just so, the thing I remember Brandon is like we like practice was started twelve thirty. Brand was out there eleven thirty catching balls, on the Jezz machine. Really, I don't know what time prize, but he was out there hout really catching balls on judge practice. Start he stretches that go cautch judge. If if we were on doing someone efence, he was catching balls on the judge machine. He was always doing something to get better, and I don't think you got enough credit for that. People always talk about he was this. He was a great teammate. I mean he got he has the arguments, we all had spats whatever, but that dude was a good teammate and he busted his ass.
Speaker 1: I want to say he had like ten seasons of over a thousand yards, Like he's one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not forgotten about.
Speaker 1: But if you're talking about best wide receivers, like he's somebody you don't think about when he he like low key had one of the better careers.
Speaker 4: Well, because you want to be bounced around. That's why you know. He went from Denver to Miami and then came Chicago and somewhere else. Ouf of Chicago, right somewhere else. But I just he was a good Jets. Yeah, he just kind of bounced around little bit there later in his career. But man, he was freaking good. And I thought when when we had when we got Jay and then we got Brand, Now, I was like, oh shit, here we go. Our offense is gonna be great. Yeah, they were good, but we just we weren't as good on defense that year. What was it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: And by the way, Brandon Marshall is crushing it with im athlete, the brand that he.
Speaker 4: Has I heard about they have a podcast as well, right, podcast?
Speaker 1: Well, very like high end well done, like rushing over the dude. Man, Yeah, he's this guy is good.
Speaker 4: I like him.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: He was a good team.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed my time with What.
Speaker 2: Was it like playing with Jay? You know Jason Nashville Now, yeah.
Speaker 4: I heard, Yeah, I've heard. I've heard I've heard Jay's down here for different stories.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: He was good, you know it was. I was so excited when we got him. Man, we got we drafted, We traded two first round draft for draft picks from and our quarterback Kyle Orton for him. Wish I was pissed about because I love Ko. Really it was my guy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: That dude was great. He was a good quarterback. So we traded him for Jay, which I mean it was irrelevant because we got we got Jay Cutler. We're good. We got a Pro Bowl quarterback and I got. I broke my the first year we have and I broke my wrist. I missed the whole season. Broke my list my wrist the first game against Green Bay and missed the whole season. The first year I was out. And then the next year we go to the MC championship game. We lose. He hurts his knee in the second Everyone says he wasn't hurt. What do you guys remember that ship vaguely?
Speaker 1: Man, the media, you know, you saw all the antics of him being on the sideline and looking like he doesn't Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard all that. I've seen all the pictures so that they said, you know, he got He tore his MCL in the second quarter. He kept trying to play. The media said he just he just copped out because we were getting beat Whatever.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Fuck?
Speaker 4: No, he was tough. Was tough? Anyone says that, dude he did. He just located his thumb. The next year and played the rest of the game. Yeah, don't tell me he's a bitch. He ain't no bitch. So dude played the rest as long as he good. But he was hurting our team by being in there because he couldn't throw. He couldn't step into a throw with a torn MCL, so you had the cannon on him. Think so you're talking about a guy that can make any throw, that's the guy right there. But I practice, I'd be like, holy shit, holy shit, how was he getting these balls in here? It was unbelievable to watch him throw the football. But we just we just couldn't get it all together. I don't know what it was. We just couldn't figure it out those couple of years we had him.
Speaker 1: Because there was a time where you had mentioned you had mentioned to the media that you feel like you guys lost your identity running the ball, playing good defense because you wanted you guys were growing into more of like a pass happy team.
Speaker 4: I think that's when the league mayor started evolving towards that as well. But when we ran the ball, we were really, really good. There's a lot of years there. We were top five in the NFL and rushing and it helped our defense too. Man, we were on the sideline. You know, you you run it three times, old, get the first down. We're resting, and there was a lot. There were some times there. You give them a short field, you don't turn it over in some bad spots, it hurts your team. So not that Jay did that, but it's gonna happen with everything. But you look at Tennessee right now, you run the football, good things happen, play action, good defense, because I feel like if you play good, if you run the football, you're gonna be fresh on defense. That's just it goes hand in hand. We always have every under level. We always ran the ball. We always play good defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Titans man the running running game, screen game, play action game, and.
Speaker 4: They got rid of that.
Speaker 7: A J.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 4: I could not believe that trade. I don't watch the draft and any of that ship, but I saw I saw a thing. I was like, they just traded AJ Brown.
Speaker 1: Their hand was kind of forced. I feel like, I mean, how much business goes on in the NFL. Sure that you're like, you know, one, if you have the opportunity to get paid, you want to get paid. Yes, Now, however the cap, however, the owner wants to have cash friendly money.
Speaker 2: You got another on your contract.
Speaker 1: If a player doesn't want to be there bad enough and there's gonna it's gonna be hard to find the happy medium if they're wanting.
Speaker 2: Big, big dollars. Yes, he got so and I know that that that they loved Aja.
Speaker 1: I know AJ loved playing here, But it seemed like there was probably a discrepancy on what the asking price was because who paid old buddy down in what was in Miami? So the Cardinals Hill, that's right, they got paid, got paid, and that opened up the entire wide receiver market.
Speaker 4: So guys are like, he was their third guy too. He was their third guy in Arizona. Right, it was d Hop and then it was they had another good receiver. Maybe it was a second. Yeah, fits was there, but this was la Aj Green.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if AJ Green is the actual too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they had they had some dues because we live in Arizona, so we see all their games on TV. Not that they're the first ones I looked for, but yeah, we uh yeah. And he did get paid ship to good for him.
Speaker 2: So that opened up the entire market.
Speaker 1: So when all this stuff is going on, AJ sat out was sitting out of ot as. Apparently there was back and forth in the siations to where it's like, damn, if you're gonna hold out potentially in training camp or the season, that can really like knowing rave knowing that culture, like if you're going to disrupt that, like, damn, we got we got to make a decision now, so you kind of like had to cut your losses try to get something from it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they run the wall. So you know Thrue like tannehill to, I think he's a good quarterback. Yeah, took a lot of heat, man, took a lot of lot of heat man. That that uh Bengal skin. That was it. Joe Burrows good man, Joe burrow Man.
Speaker 1: You got an offense too, Like you got Joe Burrow and their rookie deal. You could just you could just world around. You got to do it because you got all your lying pay the linemen like that.
Speaker 4: If they don't keep them upright, it's not gonna be pretty right that Doude gets hit a lot. But if that chase, you're right, Brode just unbelievable. And you look at what that's the same thing Kansas City did. They got my homie, Yeah, and they got you know, they're really good on his rookie deal. And then they pay him and you know you can't pay some other places. Well that's the way it goes.
Speaker 2: You know, that's just a lose Sheetah to Miami Sami.
Speaker 4: I could not believe that trade either did the NFL.
Speaker 2: Can get a wild you're with the drama.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: You stayed all thirteen years in Chicago, Now, is that something that you all you wanted to do the entire time.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's got to be some good give and take there.
Speaker 4: I was never freezing, it never got close to being a free agent. So they redid my rookie deal with two years left on it, they gave me a nine year extension, which was woa.
Speaker 2: Whoa hang on?
Speaker 4: Back then, two years left on your deal? They gave you a nine year extension. Yeah, well is actually seven years because I had to play the last two years. But it was actually seven years, but they called it nine years because it was redu blah blah blah. It was dumb for me to sign it, but it was, you know, a lot of money up front. Back then I matched the highest paid little linebacker, which was good. And then I got a one year extension after six five years into that deal, I got a one year extension after that as well.
Speaker 1: Five years into that seven year extension that was like nine years you had to play five years into that one, they gave you another extension for one more.
Speaker 4: Years, well year one year, it'd being one year, eighteen million dollars added on to the end of my contract by a bonus then and then kicking at the end as well. So I played all thirteen years and I was a free agent at the very end when when when fired Lovey and then we couldn't figure out how do it for me to go back, which was better anyway, because I didn't want to play for anyone but love you.
Speaker 1: So it worked out perfect. But did you want to stay in Chicago? Did you want something to work out there?
Speaker 4: If Lovey was there? Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like at that moment when you.
Speaker 1: Were becoming a freegent, because you're obviously on the back end of your career, like thirteen years.
Speaker 4: I was done, dude, knee was feel like you want to be done playing.
Speaker 1: There's a part of you that's like man like I don't want to be bored, Like the camaraderie, like you're around the same guys all the time, Like was there a part of you that was pissed off because you guys couldn't reach something.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then a part of me that was happy as well.
Speaker 1: Right because now that you're removed, you look back, you're like it was it was the right move in that moment.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that there was like I was like, why can't you know?
Speaker 2: I think that you're probably like yo, I am Chicago.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I wasn't like that.
Speaker 4: It wasn't I didn't like the way they handle it. You know, they fired our GM here before, and I don't see how the fuck you fired Lovey? After you go ten and six, I fire Lovely. We go ten and six, we didn't make the playoffs. We got Minnesota decides to beat Green Bay on the last game of the year and they haven't beat green Bay in like five years. They beat green Bay knock us out of the playoffs, and then they fired Lovey, and I was like, what the fuck you're all doing? I just I couldn't And then they didn't win ten games like the next seven years. Anyway, after after Lovey left, at our time winning games.
Speaker 2: Like you feel like happy and also like you want him to do well, but like it's just like.
Speaker 4: Why fire the guy? I mean, he didn't. I don't know why they fired him because the new GM was a weirdo and he didn't like what. He didn't like winning, so he fired Lovey.
Speaker 2: Now it's the new GM that came in, the guy that you guys had to negotiate with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Phil, it was Phil, Emorry guy I never heard of before. When they hired him. They fired Jerry Angelo, who was a great GM. Jerry was there for my whole career. On my first year, he wasn't there. Then I hired him. He was there till twenty eleven. Then they fired him for some reason.
Speaker 2: So they fired him in Lovey.
Speaker 4: No, they fired Jerry first and then they hired the new guy. You know, the GM now and the K head coach are all married for some reason. But they fired Jerry, didn't hire the Emory guy. And Emory fired Lovey the next year and hired Mark Trestman earlier that named Mark. Yeah he's from the Canadian League. Okay, did coach an NFL. But they got him from games.
Speaker 1: Essentially, like, if you guys didn't go deep into the playoffs, they were gonna let go of Lovey because hey, what was it you say, Amory?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted probably his guys.
Speaker 4: He wanted his guy, and his guy lasted a whole two years. Yeah, yeah, it's terrible. It's frustrating because I love the obviously, I love that franchise, so it's frustrating to see the direction that went after.
Speaker 1: If I were lovey, where's your relationship at with the organization? Now?
Speaker 4: Good? You know, I don't. I don't really get back there much, honestly, I don't. Everyone's like, do you watch an embrassing I was like, no, who they playing this week? I don't really pay attention honestly. Know if there's if there's games on that we have. We live in Arizona. I don't have the direct TV bullshit where you watch every game. You got to get on that, man, I'm good. I don't really, I don't need to. We have we can watch the game. Whatever game is on our TV. But we can watch that. And if I bet on a game, I can find it on my phone. Do you bet you hambl It's still great now being retired, I love it. When I played dude, people will be like, you're you're three point You're plus three this week? I was like, what does that mean? Plus three? I don't understand what that means. Don't don't worry about it. You got me worry about it. Yeah, you don't want to know. In five years you can figure it out. But yeah, I had no idea when I When I played, They're like, oh, the over Runners eighteen. I'm like, okay, well I don't what does that mean to me? What about about people? People would tell me? Like when I played, I'm like you, all right, well the fun does that mean? Plus three? I don't understand now I know what it means. But yeah, so if I buy on a game, I can follow it on my phone or whatever. But usually we get we get some We get Dallas in our area, which is good. I grew up with Cowboys fans, so we get a same a lot, did you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bro the nineties man, Emma Smith early nineties.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's go. Let come on now, Charleston, I'm going on about that, Alvin Harbor, Michael, we can go on on.
Speaker 2: My dad and I we pretend that. Yeah, Moose Johnson my favorite.
Speaker 1: Pretend to be those guys in the backyard, front yard, wherever the case may be, Like we're we're cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love my brother, so my dad and I were my staid. Dad and I were were Cowboys fans in case my brother was Redskins fan. So because you know you gotta go out right, you gotta glib to go. We were Skins and Cowboys in my house.
Speaker 1: Dude, anytime they won the Super Ball, like, we'd buy those VHS tapes, those sets that they would get relived the.
Speaker 2: Year, Yeah, relived the year.
Speaker 4: This season coming out with this get yours, Get Yours run off the press.
Speaker 2: Commercial, Brodallan deck, can we get it?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Those are great.
Speaker 1: I remember the weighting room in our garage weight room, like we had the newspapers when they you know three times, Yeah, the Dynasty.
Speaker 4: Four we had three out of four. It would have won ten in a row. Right, we figured out couldn't get along man, get along bro.
Speaker 2: In that stadium.
Speaker 4: Oh, so I didn't play, and doubt they had the new stadium when I played there. Finally, so my year was that when I got hurt two thousand and four, I got hurt. We played them on Thanksgiving Day. I didn't play. I got to playing Tennessee the week before. I got a compartment syndrome in my left leg, so I missed that Thursday game and at the old Dollars Stadium. Then I played twice in the eighteen and t though unbelievable. And so Dallas is eight hours from where I grew up in New Mexico as well, so we had a lot of people from my hometown there. It was cool. She and we won both games. One importantly it was cool as hell.
Speaker 2: Was that game in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: The game where y'all came down and like beat the absolute shit out of us.
Speaker 4: That was my last year. That was twenty twelve. Scored a touchdown that game met me right, Yes, I was like, thanks Matt.
Speaker 7: Ninety yards.
Speaker 2: It was a deep one, wasn't there?
Speaker 4: It was like forty yards this this might I have my knee based on I wasn't moving to It felt like ninety yards.
Speaker 3: Guys had to have been on the field, you know, at least seventy percent of that game, because I want to say it was like fifty to twenty.
Speaker 4: Fifty two to twelve. Well, so week our stars came out in the third court, the game was over, and then Johnson ran for like one hundred and forty yards. After we left, he had an eighty yard run and then Lovy was like, y'all get ready. I was like, we're gonna have to go back in and then the offense scoring touchdowns. So we were good, but it was like I want to say fifty one to twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was.
Speaker 4: But two thousand and four we won in overtime. Billy Volek was the quarterback at a while. They stacked him on the end zone to win the game in overtime for US safety to win the game.
Speaker 2: Oh who a.
Speaker 4: Man, good memories you get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, these dudes are These dudes are Tennessee time.
Speaker 4: But I remember about the Titans game in twelve was how many Bears fans were at that stadium.
Speaker 3: That's the like tragic thing about our fan base.
Speaker 4: Everyone loves National.
Speaker 3: National has grown to become such a hot spot. It's three towner, three day weekend spot. Ye coming in the fall, you hit Broadway two days and you hit the game. So even this year when we're doing really well, we had like what.
Speaker 2: Was like the chart, I mean Bill's Mafia came to that was that was a great game.
Speaker 3: So many more fans that travel for the Bills in Kansas City and kind of always is those big market teams account like whenever the packers coming is down.
Speaker 4: It's like everywhere they go, we've.
Speaker 3: Grown up where we get overpowered and it's a I gets any easier.
Speaker 4: The Bears game, Like downtown Nashville, what's what you call it? Broadway? Was Bears fans just up and down the whole weekend. So they're like it just overran. And it's not a long drive from Chicago down here anyway. But I had a bunch of bunch of people from Chago come that weekend.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Nashville, and Nashville's a vibe.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, it's a good idea for a week Like, I gotta enjoy my time here. There's so many fucking people everywhere you go. True, So you walk down is it Broadway?
Speaker 2: You said Broadway? You gotta you gotta get you know, you gotta go down there in you gotta.
Speaker 4: Six thousand people in line here, eight thousand in that line, fourteen thousand. I'm like, what I I came with my daughter, So I'm I surprised my daughter. She came here for friends twenty fourth birthday, and I was in Florida fishing, so I stopped off in surprise hers. It came out for the night and we went to someplace off of Broadway. We were the only ones there. I was like, this is the best place on earth. We did. I love Nashville, and my agent lives in Franklin. Sorry, but to Franklin. Those are fun places out there. And she's like, all right, we're going to Broadway. I was like, Oh, let's go. This is great, dude. We get down there, there's no place to walk. It's just like and we did get into one place and it was literally, yeah, coolness. I had to go pee. You couldn't go to the bathroom. I was a little frustrated. So I'm not a big Broadway guy.
Speaker 1: It just depends like if you're about it that night, like if you're like, you know, kind of like, get on fucking go to Broadway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you get for people to get some people.
Speaker 3: If you end on a Broadway, all you gotta do is just name, show your Wikipedia page, just someone in your gating.
Speaker 4: You need you need a jack, Yeah, I need a hype man jack in the Broadway.
Speaker 2: Last weekend. Will didn't have his ID, so.
Speaker 3: I just pull up his Wikipedia Wikipedia the guy and I was like, listen, he's thirty.
Speaker 9: Many they're like all right and skip the line.
Speaker 2: You need a jack.
Speaker 4: I need a hype man. You need there's a plus seventeen of us that night. They're not available. There was no chance. There's These lines are literally like. So I was like, Pamela, we are not getting in anywhere. I used to wait in the line either. I'm used to going like, hey, we're here, come on, there is no no We'll usually call ahead and be like, hey, we're gonna come and we'll get if we can rent a table or whatever lesson. You're not used to going in there waiting. So it was stressful.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We're I'm trying to think, Oh you're you're tattoo. When did you get that tattoo? Is that the Bill Goldberger?
Speaker 4: Oh dude, I was eighteen.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm saying, that's the fucking Goldberg? Is the man? I love that you got.
Speaker 4: That's not why I got my TO two. I was eighteen. It was my freshman year. I just missed my freshman year. I was like, I gained thirty pounds that we talked about. I was like, I'm not good at to two. So I went down there and I got this thing and it didn't get fish And look, I used to be bigger back by the way too. I haven't touched a weight in like three years, dude.
Speaker 1: I was listening listening to Pat McVie show because I was listening to and you're just talking about doing bike biking however much a week whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get five hundred miles a month. That's my goal this year.
Speaker 2: Are you like h are you like a David Goggins guy?
Speaker 4: I know what that means.
Speaker 2: Do you know who David Goggins is?
Speaker 4: Should I?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: Yes? What is your biker?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: He runs a ship load? What how many miles does he run? He's like an ultra but he's uh, he's just fucking like he was. He a Navy seal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a navy Like I'm already.
Speaker 1: Then just him through three hell weeks in one year and he's like, you would love following him.
Speaker 4: Just any of his face. Yeah, I'll follow him.
Speaker 2: Then he'll cuts you the funk out, dude. You just go to YouTube. He's all about it. He does. Yeah, he runs.
Speaker 4: He did like a hundred mile sixty two pack.
Speaker 1: He did like one hundred mile marathon thing, hundred mile whatever the fuck it's called.
Speaker 2: Like, he did it. On a broke did on broken Taylor?
Speaker 4: Heineke was great, wasn't he You like that guy? He's funny, he is he's still their quarterback, right, humble?
Speaker 2: Now, who's one wins? Carson Wentz? They wins? Yeah, bro, it was a it was a trade, right who's playing for or a free agent.
Speaker 4: Who's playing for Atlanta?
Speaker 2: Marcus Mariota ship.
Speaker 4: I forgot about all that trading. So with any ball, it just happened like three. I mean, you know, I don't really get I don't watch a good ball. Really this this next would have been fun, I know any of that. Then I've been watching wins. They pay Carson Wentz what now? Unbelievable? Yeah, And they're always going to be the Reskins to me, by the way, I grew up with them Redskins. I played against the Redskins for the Redskins.
Speaker 2: To me, hdtr bro held to the Redskins.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, well I'm not Uh my daughter always sends these things on in our in our messages like h l GB or you know, uh what did you send me earlier? Uh ls L Yeah, I know that one means, but there's still stuff I'm like, fom what the fo?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You're missing out? I figured it out. Yeah, and then she sends, I'm like, I don't I don't know, righty, what does this mean?
Speaker 1: That's probably why he laughed earlier too when I said He's like, I just went what that meant?
Speaker 4: That's right? I'm in now, dude. My kids got me caught up a little.
Speaker 3: Also, just heads up to thirty six right now, and if you want to do tear talk, just put.
Speaker 1: In your Oh we're getting in the tier talk because I got to know him a man nine minutes by already.
Speaker 2: Know donuts will probably be his tier one. But wait, yeah, just letting you know I appreciate that, dude, I could use about six right now.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. The hair, bro you want to think of it. That's probably a mess right now. Is it looking good? Is it a vibe? Right now?
Speaker 2: Tell me?
Speaker 4: Always always, I'm like, what you're doing. I'm vibing, dad, I'm like, what a vibe? Right now? I like your parts? Right, it's the vibe? Like, yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Explain the hair to me because right now, your boy, I'm getting a little thinner on the corners. Oh you're not that bad though, I'm not.
Speaker 2: That bad, but also like when you get a little when you get.
Speaker 4: The little v oh, it could be an issue.
Speaker 1: So actually, now that you're on the bus, I get to ask about how well it works. So that this company, this body came after you. By the way, when you first got out that ship. Yeah, ball bryaner Lacker like the man the toughest in the world ball.
Speaker 4: Guard anymore you left Team Balls. I'm like, yep, I got hair now, yeah, I feel like so here's what told me on it. I'll tell you a story about me getting But I went through a trick fil A once in Chicago and my wife was in the car with me, and uh, we're the little the girls, probably nineteen. I had my hat off. She was like, oh, you look really young. I was like, thank you, you know how. I was like, I'm keeping the hair, babe, I said. I had a young lady tell me I look really good, and I look young with my hair, so I'm keeping it. That's all I took anyway, So it's crazy procedure. They take the hairs from where you have hair. I had a lot of hair in the back and not a lot where my divots where your dibbitts are coming in. I didn't have a lot right there, so they just put the They put the hair from the back to the front and it grows.
Speaker 2: Now do they make the hairline for you or do you kind of pick what your hairlines?
Speaker 4: The doctor picks it for you. Okay, yeah, they tell you. I didn't. I said, this made me look good. I said, I want to have a good you know, I don't really know where my hairline starts and ends. But the problem with me, I got seventy two Catholic klys. I got them all over. I got one hair. I got one back here. And when I used to have hair as a kid, I had kallys everywhere, and they came back when I got my hair back.
Speaker 2: So and now, no, there's no shot of you losing that hair.
Speaker 4: No, not were they where they put the hair in, You're good now. You may go bald in other places where you haven't had the procedure, But where they put their hair in, it's in.
Speaker 2: Any maintenance to do with it, like going back after ten years or.
Speaker 4: Got to wash it, that's it. It's like having hair. There's no maintenance.
Speaker 2: You're living.
Speaker 4: That's it. I'm done. The dude, drumm. I was actually there.
Speaker 2: Got teeth you.
Speaker 4: Got I see that? Yeah, yeah, a lot of teeth.
Speaker 2: I mean you got I got veneers.
Speaker 4: Well you can see school now.
Speaker 2: Cool. But yeah, so I can get you if you if you ever need teas, I got you on the teeth.
Speaker 4: But you give me. I've never worn bracelets or anything. I'm gonna keep my streak a lot. Okay, a little.
Speaker 2: Different, hey said, okay, a little bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, you got chip on in front their damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody did you? Did you wear a mouth piece?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't wear a mouth piece, but mine would.
Speaker 1: Get chipped like as I'm playing for whatever reason, I don't know your mouth piast would.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't wear a mouth piece, so my teas would.
Speaker 4: I never had an issue. I bit through my my lip one time versus Indian in the preseason. I bit through my lip and that I've never I never had an issue not wearing I wore my rookie year and I couldn't talk, man, And then they're trying to call it. Hit it out on the on the field, and then they're trying to call a hold, and you know you don't once you communicate the NFL. Before the snap, I'm trying to talk, I'm gonna take my mouth heast out putting it back. I'm like this, I'm not gonna wear anymore.
Speaker 2: Second matters, Yes, it really half.
Speaker 4: A second, the third, whatever it is, it matters. So I was like, I'm not wearing a mouth beeast anymore. I never warred after that. Yeah, and luckily I never really paid for except for the bite through the lip, which one of the big deal.
Speaker 2: What's been your worst injury?
Speaker 4: Probably my wrist? Man, I so I have a nice scar from I disocated my wrist in two thousand and nine. I missed fifteen and a half games because of it. Really, I was in a fucking cast up to hear for three months. It was called a lunate dislocation. Now, as far as I can bet my wrist I had the that's brutal. Yeah, I had the the what I call it compartment syndrome in my leg in two thousand and four, but I only missed one game because of that hamstring Dude. The same year, the same year I did the compartment I pulled my hamstring three different times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 4: Pulled it on the first days training camp. The third game of the year, the like eighth game of the year, and I pulled my last game, my last game of the year, which was at Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Now, have you had any like neck or head injuries?
Speaker 4: I had next surgery in the off season in two thousand and eight, but nothing, nothing that caused me missed time.
Speaker 2: I just didn't feel anything from that having that neck injury.
Speaker 4: No, my I was losing strength in my left arm when I got it done. I fell asleep on a plane from the Bahamas home in the off season, and I will up who wanted to sleep in about two days. It was still sleeps. I wouldn't got the U jesus, I wouldn't got the MRI and ship and the guys like, yeah, you've got a nerve or a bone on the nerve or something that, and they shaved it off and it was good.
Speaker 2: You ever worry about that stuff?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: People ask that's your middle linebacker.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm decently sharp still. You know, there's some things I forget, but my friends forget shit too. Yah, everybody, you know, we're dudes. We forget things. But I feel like I'm still doing pretty well. There are some guys I played with who who claimed to I don't know. Here's the problem now with all the guys with to see if they do have it, I feel I feel for them, But there's guys who say they have it just so they can be in the fucking lawsuit. They want that money from the NFL. And I get it, man, you know, everyone wants to get there due. But there's really guys that have it that that deserve to be taken care of. And there's the guys that don't have it who want to be, who want to have it just so they can get part of that that lawsuit. It just drives me crazy. I'm sure it's the thing. I feel like I'm pretty good right now, but now I don't. I don't know. I'm pretty got out, pretty good. No shoulder injuries, which is crazy. Separate shoulder we all do that a couple of times, but that's nothing. You don't miss time because of that.
Speaker 2: Joints.
Speaker 4: You ever get an a C joints every other week? Yeah, yeah, they suck.
Speaker 2: You throw some lighter can in it, but it go away after one hit.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they put the thing on top of the little pad on top.
Speaker 2: You're going to hit you right for the game and you're like so.
Speaker 4: Good, Yeah, one hit in light king went away.
Speaker 1: They're like put a pad on and like draw a circle right, cut a little circle out to you, and then they'll inject you right in the right in the joint with light a Kane. The numb it up. But the minute you hit somebody with your shoulder, it's fucking gone. And then after the game it's even worse.
Speaker 2: Suck bro, Like they're just annoying.
Speaker 4: Anything effects, lifting, moving around, sleeping is the worst.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, technically you can still play on it.
Speaker 1: And if you're not playing on an A C, you're kind of like looked at as like a bitch, Like he's not playing, so.
Speaker 4: You are a bitch if you don't play with anything. Yeah, you're like your quarterback. Now, if your left armors the quarterback, no problem, right, I might get it. But if you don't play with an AC joint, you're bitch.
Speaker 2: Right, you're looked at. Yeah, if you're not playing, you are no. I got you, Yeah now that you miss bec God, I played on my.
Speaker 7: With a.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. Should we uh should we get into tier talk? Well before we do, before we do, I know we got, Ah, what are you up to now? Because I'm intrigued about your card things that's going on.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable. So trading cards are killed. All that bullshit you as a kid boxes you go to marketing man, you get a ton of all I was in. I didn't get flea markets, so we had a ton of cards, and I always wonder how much they call they were worth. I always had these cards and I was like, oh, this is gonna be worth a lot. Or you get you get someone telling you that's a good card that's worth like twenty bucks. You know, you take it time to the car shop, I'll give you twenty cents something. What the man's twenty dollars? Yeah, just you just never know. So this app will tell you how much your card is worth exactly like what they're they're they're whatever. They have so many they can get every card you scan, it tells you exactly how much it's worth. You have to know what shape it's in, but tells you how much it's worth the year, the uh you can keep you like if you have your own little wallet in your app inside the apple that keeps your cards in there, so you can train you can ship. It's unbelievable, like digit but they're real cars. Not more importantly, it tells you how much your card's worth. That's the part that I like.
Speaker 2: And this is just by taking a photo.
Speaker 4: That you open the app up, you scan it. Three seconds later it tells you how much is work.
Speaker 1: And when you say scan, you just hold the camera to l U d E X let X. When you say scan, you just hold your camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you hold you you take you open it in the app and you hold your the card in your hand and you take a picture in BAM.
Speaker 2: It tells you to tell you if it's like an authentic card.
Speaker 4: It just tells you, yeah, that car works when you have what like, Yeah, it's amazing, man. I uh, I don't know how they do it, but the technology. But I'm not a tech guy, not at all. But the tech dudes behind this thing are unreal. They did some some ship to get to the tech.
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not super tech guy. I can figure my phone out most of the time, but I'm not. I'm not a techy guy. My kids, though, they'll they'll value in five fomo. They're vibing their fomo And there I got all kinds of the LFG and they got all kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: There's some more too, said, you guys have combined about fifty four hundred cards in existence. Uh, Brian, you have five three hundred and seventy three rotating will you have when he.
Speaker 2: Seen heye out of here, Jack and then alone just went say that again? So he he personally like cards of Brian urla.
Speaker 3: Five thousand brianer locker cards in circulation, and will you have fifteen?
Speaker 2: This is a rare, like a rare one like a fucking cars are a car is worth something?
Speaker 4: You can find one of those? Yeah, he was like a.
Speaker 2: Fucking or swirrel or something.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You can get it, Brian, Like you can't get that really.
Speaker 4: See. You know it was great that when I first started playing and the cards came out, the NFLPA would send us boxes of the cards that came out. You get those two, like the boxes and boxes. Don't have all those boxes at my house still all my rookie cards, all that ship. I still have them in a box somewhere.
Speaker 1: Uhuny because you get them and you literally I don't know if you do it, but I think to myself, Man, I'll give these two you know, all my friends and family or whoever wants them, and they end up going in a clause and you never fucking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I got it. Yeah literally, you be like, fuck another box, put it in the drawer. Yeah. I literally had like three George full and they had a guy come over and sort them out and put him in the You know that those neat folding things put them in. He did know organized them. And now I have no idea whether I'm sure they're in my storage room somewhere with the rest of my football ship.
Speaker 1: The bus might need or like a rookie card I got some of the those? Is that the is that the best card to have the highest value Brian?
Speaker 2: Or like a card we got to use the app. We gotta use the app.
Speaker 4: There are some I was told there's some. There's some that are pretty pretty good. I don't know what pretty good is.
Speaker 1: You have you have?
Speaker 4: We pulled a Tom Brady card out of my rookie year pack. So we're doing these. They're called breaks. You opened boxes of cards, and I never knew what this ship was. So I started dealing with these guys. And you do breaks where you open up a box of cards and you see who's in there. We opened up a two thousand. This is a six month you know, Cashius Marsh, Yeah, Cassius. We did it with Cashier sized story good dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we did it his store with him and it was two thousand. Football So my rookie year, Tom Brady's rookie year, he was drafted the same year. I was a little bit later, but he did a little better. Anyway, we pulled it. We pulled the TV twelve out of there. It was worth like if it would have been town out of ten, it was like twelve thousand. It was a seven out of ten, so it's only worth like nine hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Why is that a seven out of ten?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Because it came right out of the box.
Speaker 2: That's That's what I'm wondering. Why wouldn't it be a ten out of ten?
Speaker 4: I have a good one. We think the same way because I was like, just what do you mean? It's right out the package? It's ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was hot.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's a fifer dousand card. I was so mad, but that I got shot down. But right now it's a seven because of this and that they send them out and they get them judged by some company and they send them back to you and tell you how much it's worth.
Speaker 2: Got you weird and companies? Dude, dude, you don't play football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, shouldn't I know what? I know what a car is worth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, you're big on trying to get Zach Thomas in.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have to get Zach Thomason. He should be in the fucking Hall of Fame already. You should have been five years ago.
Speaker 2: Do you have any clue how the Hall of Fame works? Since you're in it?
Speaker 4: What do you want? Like how they vote? Yeah, yeah, I know they vote the fucking guys who never played the game vote the sports writers. It's the media guy. There's like, uh, you know, the same way baseball and basketball, So all these sports guys writers getting a media guys. Yeah, same way as all pro the players. The ship that means the most of me, the stuff my teammates voted on right now, the stuff the media vote on. Or I'm a huge fan of the fans, but the stuff they vote on and stuff the media votes on, I don't give a shit. I want something that my teammates voted on or my peers voted on. That's all I care about. But the all pro and and stuff, that's all media driven. I don't get that. There are some guys in the media who I due respect their vote means something to me. But there's a eighty percent that I could give a shit about to yo, And those are guys most of the guys that vote for the Hall of Fames. But Zach should be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: How do you feel like the Hall of Fame should do it differently? Well, I think I have Hall of Fame guys vote.
Speaker 4: Do you think that you have some point you need to go a little like maybe half and half because we know what.
Speaker 2: Half say, half media half.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, maybe you should, yeah, maybe get a bit of board of the Hall of Fame guys and make them count for half the vote of these guys that get in. I don't they gotta do something, man, because there's guys a few years ago they had like one hundredth year of the NFL, Is that right? The one hundred year anniversary of the NFL, and they had like fifteen guys getting dug in to the Hall of Fame. They induged at fifteen guys just because it was one hundred year. Well, they might not have met the stipulations that the requirements to get in, but they got in because it was one hundred year. Like Deon Sanders was like this, you know, the if the Hall of Fame isn't kind of watered down is what he said. I would never say that, but Deon was like, it's getting watered down with the way you say that you believe that. No, No, you got to Brian, No manse, dude, you're in there. You you deserve to be in there. According to the media, Hey will.
Speaker 3: Crazy, But I'm wrong though. Is Brian the first Hall of Famer we've ever had in the bus?
Speaker 2: No, dude, is he?
Speaker 4: I think he is.
Speaker 3: I don't know it's been any other Hall of Famers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw. I think I Georgia your dad, like Georgie, He's not. No, he's not.
Speaker 2: You're a first Hall of Famer we've ever had. Isn't that one of the best?
Speaker 4: Due, I'm just not gonna lie fire things off my little.
Speaker 2: That's good your.
Speaker 4: Ship hype man.
Speaker 7: He does.
Speaker 4: So you're going out with me.
Speaker 2: With you with right thrive to.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you do. Person looked at creepy stash. Look, creepy people.
Speaker 2: We got this running joke like Jack's out there for the single moms.
Speaker 4: August anything.
Speaker 2: God, it's a strong stash. You got a mullet going to there, he gets a cut, he'll get like a little mullet.
Speaker 4: Like that's good for Nashville, though, b y O, b your own beard.
Speaker 2: Somebody that I pulled forward to getting the Hall of Fame too is London Fletcher.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, look he played years and he was a tackling machine. Want to ring the iron Man?
Speaker 2: Like start start as many games?
Speaker 4: He started more night? He didn't miss the game? You want to ring in Saint Louis?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: Yes, what box? Doesn't he check? Right? That's why that's a great one to London. And then one of my bunch of my teammates, I'm obviously biased, Charles Tillman, Olin Creutz Kevin, why got in two years ago? What you should have got in? Olwen should be getting in right right now? Almost a badass. He was just a ghost kept my wife not better?
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy? Is just how good how good of resumes guys can have.
Speaker 1: Though, Like you do think he should get in, but you're also at the same time you're rooting for your guys, like all these other guys who in the line, and you gotta choose however many that they pick you.
Speaker 4: Well, the problem is that the like Terrell Owens went on the third ballot, he was the third ballot Hall of Famer, which was stupid horse. Yeah, because numbers wise, if you're going by numbers, and we did on the field, not all the bulls should have on all the field, not the media field. He's on the first battle Hall of Famer, no doubt, but he goes down a third ballot because of the way the media viewed him. Shouldn't matter what you do off the field, or if you didn't talk to that guy or treat this good by the way he should have thought he should have been treated. It's just it's frustrating that they hold that over your head when you're when you're going to Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: They might do it with Antonio Brown.
Speaker 4: I don't know what his numbers are, but just no doubt they will.
Speaker 2: I mean his numbers will. Nobody's really done went on a run that he ran.
Speaker 4: There's no doubts that they were done off.
Speaker 2: The field and then leaving the game. I'm sure like that stuff is gonna play.
Speaker 4: They're gonna hold it over sead the whole time, for sure.
Speaker 2: There's no clear cut rules are I know.
Speaker 4: It's frustrating frustrating hisself for me.
Speaker 1: Because Fred Taylor's been on the bus too, and Fred should be running by Fred Taylor bad as a month.
Speaker 4: Played against Fred got a dude was good man. I like, and I like Fred I've met away from football till he's a good Most of the guys are great. Yeah, but you know, I guess having said all that everyone should be it is kind of nice that they don't let everybody in, you know what I'm saying, And like it is hard to get in there, so being in is really cool. Yeah, I don't and I probably would be mad too if I didn't get in my first try. I would have been a little because there were some guys who got in on the second and third tries who were pissed, Like I'm a first Battle of Famer. I should have been in the first ballad and going the first try was pretty awesome, so I don't have to worry about going the second or third.
Speaker 2: First bat, that's your favorite accomplishment?
Speaker 4: No, fuck no, it was cool. It was neat. You know, do you have kids?
Speaker 2: We just yeah, ten weeks old.
Speaker 4: Noise. What do you got girl? Oh you're in for it, buddy. No, my kids are my greatest accomlishment. And football was great and all bullshit, but my kids are unbelievable. I got some badass kids.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 4: They're great. Man. I'm lucky, dude. Uh. It keeps me busy now, which is what I need. So that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Football wise, though, what's your favorite accomplishment?
Speaker 4: Champs Bro?
Speaker 2: Correct me if I get any this wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna recited Defensive Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, and five four time first team All Pro, one time second team All Pro, eight time Pro Bowler, Top one hundred, greatest Bears ever played.
Speaker 4: One hundred, top one, I think. But that's like.
Speaker 1: He's up there, but you're still in there, like you're you're in the same competition as fucking Walter Payton.
Speaker 4: Bro, that's right, yes, the best and.
Speaker 2: Then fucking two thousands All Decade Team.
Speaker 4: That was cool too. I like that one too. There's some badass players in two thousands, dude, Zach was in there, Ray was in there, Derek Brooks is in there. All those guys in there. That's the good linebackers in that class. They say out, now, would you would you? Would you pick the decade team over fame? I still take ye, Jack Jack, Yeah, it's pretty cool to be able to put that thing on.
Speaker 2: You got a nice bust? Did they do you right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They get the guys did a good job. I was bald in it. Yeah, and then it gave us their.
Speaker 2: Replicac se, why do you get a nice fucking bust back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, big bussy, big bust. Yeah, but yeah it was the guy did a good job. He did a really good job on it for me, tried to make me look so he did it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do this to your talk, all right, what do you got, Garrett, Let's hear it. Yeah, yeah, ye do your thing.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm thirsty too.
Speaker 9: What was it like watching Devin Hester run back the opening.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Dude? Bro, I'm like, first of all, shock that kicked it to him? Does everyone talk about not kicking the dev and we're not kicking the Devin, but they kicked it to him, you know. And fucker ran it back and you can see me on the side. He gets to the forty, I'm like, yeah, I'm going crazy. And then not only that, we get the next series, we get to pick on third down on Peyton Chris Harris picked him off on the time, so we're up seven, so zero with the football and then all went to shift that. But yeah, watching him run that back in the rain, I mean, but we watched it all year long. What that one? I mean every time.
Speaker 1: The funny is that though, like you got the witness Devin Hescher, who as your return.
Speaker 4: Every fucking week. I mean, the things that teams are due to keep the ball away for him were stupid. He'll be in the Hall of Fame too. And now he didn't get in this year. Is this was his first time. He'll get in the Hall of Fame. He has to be. But the things that he did on to change the plumber return game and the kick returning were stupid and obviously never be matched because you can't you can't return kicks anymore.
Speaker 2: You got any good Devin Hester stories, It's.
Speaker 4: Not good for Devin, but I got a good story. Yeah, we're practicing this is there. He went to receiver, probably the year after his rookie year, and Peanut was matched up on it one day and all I hear the play happens, and all I hear that is please still be still? Like Peanuts got Devin pinned to the ground and he's like, we still let you were still let I guess they were fighting or some ship, and Peanuts slammed him and starts holding that we still. I'll never forget. I was like, what the annoying? What is he yelling at? It was so damn funny. Man had to be there things. It's hilarious to me.
Speaker 1: Because your teammates are fighting. You're kind of like your house is gonna go, right, You got.
Speaker 4: It whatever it takes to get you going and keep it going in practice, Yeah, no ship, But yeah, that's that. I mean that one was great that we we have some good card games at my house during during our time, during our time. Oh yeah, gambler, good card games.
Speaker 1: Before I asked, this book your uber, so that way whenever it's sitting here, we use up a few minutes.
Speaker 2: But he was ready to go.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like this tier talk. Obviously we'll have to.
Speaker 4: Run six Ubert. That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I couldn't wait to just ask about Vic bro playing against Mike.
Speaker 4: Vick Ficks the man, dude.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of these dudes.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like that was a running back era too, you know what I mean, Like Thrill Davis, Well, Davis Davis was more nineties. I was gonna say Davis is more nineties when you're playing against studs, Bro, Yes.
Speaker 4: Let me shock out the right dress. Yeah, there was. Like Adrian Peterson was our division. He wasn't the best running back I played against, by the way. Ap Ricky Williams. Really, Ricky is a bad motherfucker dude, five ten?
Speaker 2: Did you get it booked? Forty?
Speaker 4: I think I got it booked it sof I'm not good, like I said it like it's happening.
Speaker 2: You're good. You're good. Yes, So you're saying Ricky Williams was harder to play against, and uh was good.
Speaker 4: But I could tackle Ap because once I got to him, I could get him on the ground. Ricky Williams to forty five to ten, I couldn't get not of Ricky, like his his helmet hit me right here with holme. I fucking tried to tackle him. It was annoying as hell, and he was fast as hell. If he was great though, But there's so many good players. But I didn't play against Priest Homes that one year set he set the record against us that year, you know three, I think it was. That was Dick John's last game. Soon after Priest Holmes, Like, I play against Larry I Soldier Field the beast on hell Marry that game?
Speaker 2: Good memory, great memory, bro.
Speaker 4: No, not yet, not yet. I'm only forty four.
Speaker 1: Was there anybody, obviously you didn't fear playing against anybody? Is there anybody you're like?
Speaker 4: Fuck? Like, dude, Larry Allen? Motherfucker running back? Why is just any positions? Larry Allen? Dude? So I grew up as Larry Allen was the Cowboys, and then Larry was at San fran and we played him in five I think girls six. That motherfuckers so big and strong, like he was a guy. Or Leonard Davis. Remember Lard Davis left tackle for came out to anyway, his number two pick in the draft, Lard's six eight three fifty. He literally Mike Brown blitzed. He literally stuck his arm out, picked Mike Brown up by his neck and slammed him and didn't move. I was like, whoa, So this is the linem. They're running backs and other guys I don't worry about, but the lineman numbers. Yeah they're just bad ass. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go running backs and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: You gotta prepare for what you can.
Speaker 1: So you're kind of like if you might find one in space, and maybe it'll come to your mind, but usually when you're preparing, you're like not really.
Speaker 4: And if I got in space, I was like, Okay, what the fuck is somebody?
Speaker 7: Where?
Speaker 1: Where is.
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 1: Like? Yeah, coming from that DC, somebody get like just they should drove to a bag, Like I gotta get to him.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be business so hard.
Speaker 1: I've been there to like, oh, don't dive off the dineboard, don't leave your feet, and it's like, brock, I'm trying to get this motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Just wait, wait, wait as long as you can till they decide. Then if they run you over, guess what I made. The tackle said, wherever you guys do to get him on the ground.
Speaker 7: Do that.
Speaker 4: Not every tackle is gonna be a great hit. Get him on the fucking ground. That's all that matters. No good tackle to me is one of the ends. And you tackle on the guy, it's a good tackle with me, right.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys are enjoying this episode as much as I did, but we interrupt to shut out the boys at Duke Cannon. Duke Cannon deodorant is made for guys who run hot. The boys specifically, I sweat all the time. Boys again, I sweat all the in time, and knowing that when Duke Cannon wanted to sponsor the boys, and they sent all their products over because they have a lot and there's a few, a couple that I'm going to talk about, but specifically, they're dry ice deodorant.
Speaker 2: You put it on the guy. Was it menthol?
Speaker 1: Somebody corrected me and said, it's not me methanol, it's menthol, but the menthol ingredient they have in there with the mint whatever it is. It's vibrant, it's freeing. It's like an ac unit is under your arm, pissed all day long. And I am not shitting you that that is that.
Speaker 2: Is the truth.
Speaker 1: It feels good, you perform well, you feel more confident that you're not gonna sweat, And a byproduct to that is you just probably stop sweating. Like I just feel confidence now because I know I'm not gonna pit out in all the shirts that I wear. Another product that I absolutely love, I'm gonna say two, the big as brick of soap in their cologne because it's the same scent. It's that sandal wood. It's sandalwood, right, It's that sandwood. It's in a clear cologne or not a clear, a cream colored cologne, A little spritzer spray, and then I don't want to butcher what big as brick of soap it is, but get that sandalwood scent. That is my favorite all time sin and it is phenomenal. I am so glad you guys put me on that scrubber like you put it in their little uh what is it their little case that acts as a loofa game changer.
Speaker 2: I use it all the time.
Speaker 1: But check out Duke Cannon at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting b USSI in four fifteen percent off your first order. Shout out Duke Cannon not for clowns Now. Back to the episode talk Okay, night Food. So basically what tier talking is is we have tier one, Tier two, Tier three. Yes, we have fans that we call tiers tier one, tier two, tier three, but tier three is your third place. Tier two is your second place, and tier one is your top dog, your favorite late night snack food. It can be anything that you're craving late at night. Just what you want to go first or would you like me to go first?
Speaker 2: It's just one. No, you go first?
Speaker 4: Okay, donuts?
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on, hang on? What what's your what's your go circle?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I have the hostess circle, Donuts, the chocolate ones, the power one in the white boy in the white bag of white bag, what the white ones. There's the chocolate ones. They have the crunch ones, and then now they have a starby showcake ones. Want to have glaze ones there, and I have a glass of milk, a big ass red solo cup, last Baby helping my body out.
Speaker 2: And that's your Tier one.
Speaker 4: That's Tier one for me. That's your tier two tier. Yeah, you're tier two late night talking. Uh either the thin mints and my milk the oh you're a thin min's guy, you're a men game. Well, you can't put the Samoa's in the milk. It don't taste as good.
Speaker 2: Talk to one day girl.
Speaker 4: Cookies. You put them in your milk long enough, lib say, like five minutes, they get soggy. They're good chocolate chip cookies. I love them too. And then oreosols are great. Two.
Speaker 2: So you set up.
Speaker 1: You said quite a bit there. Yes, I did say your tier two and tier three? Or is your tier two like cookies? You know what I'm saying? Yeah, so like for me, you've never done this before. But if I were to go tier one, Tier two, tier three, my tier fuck my tier three?
Speaker 4: Oh see, there you go starting backwards, my tier.
Speaker 2: Three because I got three now, my Tier three would be Cereal.
Speaker 1: I love Cereal two and I would love to get specific with Cereal, but I think we hold that off for another tier talk one day because Cereal is fucking hard. If I'm a little if you know, you got a little edible in your system, like it can change a little bit depending on where you're at on the night.
Speaker 2: But Cereal because you can eat bottomless Cereal. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Son?
Speaker 2: Does that dude going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Three, you're two.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I would say Trader Joe's dark Chocolate peanut buttercups. Healthy, healthy, dark chocolate, good for the heart.
Speaker 4: Protein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, peanut butter protein. Man, Dude, the Trader Joe's. You're true, you're probably Trader Joe's. Get your wife probably is. Women usually are. It's like a little cult over there at the Trader Joe's. Dark chocolate, peanut buttercups. Get those things.
Speaker 4: Wait, dark chocolate, go ahead, though, I want to rupt your story.
Speaker 2: Tier one is definitely ice cream.
Speaker 1: Now, if I'm ordering, if I'm getting Postmatch or something, it's probably gonna be something from Jenny's.
Speaker 2: And you're probably gonna get.
Speaker 1: The gouey buttercake, the gooey buttercake, Jenny's ice cream, pine of ice cream.
Speaker 2: That's a hitter. Boys, I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 1: And I'm a big chocolate guy. I'm a big chocolate guy. I'm going crazy by going the gooey butter cake. But I'm a huge Like if you and Caramels, some freaking heath bar from anything chocolate on the.
Speaker 4: Chocolate fee blizzard. I love heath blizzards. Yes, those are good there, we get those during Yeah, I'm just any junk food. I'm sign me up.
Speaker 1: I like, now that you heard mine. How I kind of got a little detail there. What would be your tier one, Tier two, tier three? Your tier one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, donuts, series of doughnuts. And then I'm gonna go with the cookies number two and the any kind of cookies number three?
Speaker 2: An you gotta cookies.
Speaker 4: I love cookies, brother man, and number three, I guess I like I like, well not just like ice cream. I like like I like to go. I like to get a chocolate dip cone or a cherry dip cone, or a heath War blizzard, or we go to the mint chocolate chip, but the two scoops in the cone, just the regular cone.
Speaker 2: Your minch chocolate chips really throw me off. I'm not a big mint guy. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I am. Okay, you don't have to be me with your goury what's you called gooey but oh? Brother, guess what buttercake? Like like mast ros buttercake?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like gooey buttercake, but it's ice cream. Yes, I'm sure you guys have Jenny's. What's what we're gonna do is it's gonna say. This is gonna sound weird, but you're just gonna have to work with me. You're gonna give me your address and I'm gonna postmat or Uber eats this gooey butter pint device.
Speaker 2: At your house, and you're gonna send the photo.
Speaker 4: You. Hey, you were right rude. My son loves the ship everything.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh dad, I appreciate you coming on. You guys, got anything, got creep anything.
Speaker 3: I wanted you to personally rank the top three Chicago Bears best linebackers, which obviously.
Speaker 4: Would be you, excluding myself.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be between you, Mike, and Dick, because I feel like that has to be the best.
Speaker 4: Number one man. I hate. I mean, I just asked someone's respect for the guy what he did different game when he played. They could get away with murder, obviously, But I think, and I think, if you look at just going off numbers, I think I'm number two. No, no disrespect to Mike, but you look at my picks, my sacks and all the ship that I was. Just big numbers, I think I number two. I put Mike at number three, and if even if you go by numbers, you might put me ahead of Deck if you go by numbers as well. But it played eight years, eight or nine years.
Speaker 2: So so you could you're arguably number.
Speaker 4: One, arguably number forty as well. You never know, you gots over Marshall, Oltis, Wilson, Ron Rivera. You got a ton of good linebackers in there is you can argue by.
Speaker 2: Anything you do a top five, But who would be your four and five?
Speaker 4: Oldis Wilson is definitely in there. I think Lance is playing number five right in there. But we're with otist. Lance is right there too, I mean here number four, I don't know me. He may be ahead of Mike. Kind of my shure.
Speaker 1: He's good and you guys both played together, Yes, bro, for sure. It's kind of like the Willis and Bowman. Yes, Lavonte and uh White.
Speaker 4: And White right now. Fucking monster. That dude runs like a four to one forty. He's a beast monster.
Speaker 1: And then like Levante, he's like a Derek Brooks type guy. He's somebody who gets Jude out of all his pro bowls. Here, yeah, Uber's here. He appreciate you coming on, Brian, five stars all the good stuff, man, dude, I really do. I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you for doing it without your counterpart. That was nice to hear. Yeah, we had to pull it off with University but we got through for sure. Thank you well lading the