Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cavino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covido Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: All right, well, the boys, the team are at the Fox Sports Radio studio. Your boy Cavino here in dirty Jersey. You better be loading up on Taylor Hamm and pizza. I'm loading up on carves, dude cards and not a whole lot of Yankee news right now. I mean, you there, do greet Luis Garcia Junior. Is that what you're there? Yeah? I got a bagel and I made an extra sloppy for them, nice bagel with cream cheese. So I'm here in Jersey visiting the fam, waiting for some big moves. We're gonna keep you posted. We're gonna talk trade deadline Monday.
Speaker 1: But I hope you.
Speaker 2: Had a schoobl Dodgers sort of weekend, barf. Hope all your teams are make it moves, and I hope you had a nice weekend. We be rocking out less go CNR. We'll broadcasting live and if you miss any of today's show, any show ever, our best of the week. It's all wherever you stream your podcast Apple Podcasts, search Covino and Rich and you could watch what you hear right now. Be part of the live chat and the live experience at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube.
Speaker 1: So trade Deadline.
Speaker 2: You heard Dan Bayer give you some of the updates, I mean as far as impactful. Hey, if you want to discuss what you think are the biggest ones, Like I mean, could you say that Philly got a lot better than the Red Sox are in it to win it? They got Adley Ruschman. You could say that schoobl to the Dodgers. Clay Holmes to the Cubs is a big one. This there's Freddy Peralta to the Rays giving them another starter Cavino as we go down the stretch. That's pretty big in the Al East for sure. But the biggest, most sexiest move by far was school Bulls the first announce they got out the way the other pieces could fall do it again, and we're of course going to discuss is this good or bad for baseball? I heard they might get skeens. Just kidding, but seriously, come on, ridiculous. But here's the question you when you say to yourself, is this fair or not? I and the first guy to tell you in the nineties and two thousands, when people would say the Yankees are buying championships. As much as I hated the Yankees and I'm a Mets fan, I never loved that narrative completely because so many of the Yankees that were part of that dynasty, from you know, the Jeters, to the Marianna Rivera's they were, to the Bernie Williams. They were homegrown guys. So you couldn't I hate it when people say the Yankees bought it. They did buy players. There's a huge difference. And you can't compare the Evil Empires. You really can't, because they had the core four of Pasada, Jeter, Pettit, and Mo Rivera, plus Bernie O'Neil was a Yankee from ninety one or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know he was.
Speaker 2: Red at heart, but he was on the Yankees playing with maddingly back in the day. Like they had a lot of dudes that were there for a long time and in the farm system and then filled in the pieces. The Dodgers do not have as many homegrown people, let's be real about that. But still they're doing good business. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. I'm just saying they're making it really hard to beat them. Still possible, but that's still the biggest move by far. A rise to the Phillies. That's a big move because he's a coveted piece. You know, he's a guy that gets on base. I know, batting average doesn't mean a lot in today's game, but you still need dudes to get on base and you know, be there on base when people are hitting home runs. So props to them. But man, I can't believe that the Dodgers did it again.
Speaker 1: I really can't. That's still the biggest story.
Speaker 2: I mean, according to Las Vegas, besides the Dodgers, your Yankees and Dan Bayer, your Brewers are are number two and number three based on what they think the odds are for a team to win the World Series this year.
Speaker 3: It's been quite the weekend of the narratives, especially with Milwaukee losing out on Schooble and now they just lost out on Clay Holmes. You get Dustin May earlier today in a deal with the Cardinals. But yeah, there are a lot of angles on the school thing, just as like a Brewers fan. The Brewers were swept by the Dodgers last year in the NLCS, and I almost think it was more important that they kept Schooball off of the Dodgers than maybe even acquiring him themselves.
Speaker 2: It's like in football, if you could keep a guy out of your division, sometimes you even care if he's on your team. Get him out of my division, and now you gonna have to see him again, and he's on the team that's already the team to beat. But on the flip side to that, yeah, keep him off the team. But even if he was on the Brewers, that would have been a big time difference maker him and the miz would have been tough to beat in the playoffs. So yeah, it's really tough to see that dude on the Dodgers, But I think it puts a bigger target on the Dodgers' back, makes you want to beat them even more, you want to root against them. But does say that more so about what's going to have to happen in the off season and hopefully baseball doesn't strike and you know, but we know what we see coming down the down the road.
Speaker 1: Oh not rich, because you know it is good business.
Speaker 2: You can't be mad at the Dodgers for being good at business and making it count and making those moves and striking while they're hot and keeping that streak going. They're going for three in a row. You got to commend them. We all wish our teams were that aggressive, right, I gotta remember that entice. You got to remember when you when you get upset about these things. I always want to remind myself, am I jealous or am I mad at something?
Speaker 1: Legit? And a little of both? It's okay, a little true. Yeah, you know, I look at Danny g I look at your Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Danny. Just the other night I called you and I'm like, you have a little jealous He sent me a video of Edwin Diaz walking and I'm like, you don't even care about him. He was the only thing the Mets cheered about, the little Timmy Trumpet's entrance. And now like Edwin Diaz is just like another star your team has, Like that's not even.
Speaker 4: Like there are some question marks. So I know that Dodger haters are out in full force. But look at how they just got swept by the Red Sox, and the reason is because their second half of their starting pitching rotation right now is pretty horrible. You still got Glass now out injured, and Blake Snell has not seen the mound similar to last year how he was out injured for most of the season. O. Tawny has not been on the mound either because of that knee injury. So yeah, he's been batting, but he's no longer pitching right now. So that was the reason why we speculated last week that the Dodgers would pull the trigger with some of those prospects they have.
Speaker 2: I look at it this way, though, You know, the question is is it bad for baseball? And your thoughts as teams make these money moves. Trade deadline, Monday eight seven, seven ninety nine, O. Fox, Why did we watch Floyd Mayweather fights right to watch him lose? Of course, Dodger fans are going to root hard, But doesn't it make you want to root against the Dodgers that much more? Don't you want to tune in to watch the Dodgers lose? Aren you enticed to see somebody they've crossed? The Dodgers they've crossed the line. What is that a old Is it a Batman thing?
Speaker 5: Or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not a superhero guy, but like you, you live long enough, you go from hero to villain, sure or something like that. Sorry, I wasn't I didn't go see Spider Man this weekend. But no, there's a sense of the Dodgers of Riches.
Speaker 1: In't a hero guy. He's more like a mister Bean guy. I think mister Bean said that Rich fool me once, shame on me. I won't get fooled again.
Speaker 6: Guys, shame on, shame on.
Speaker 2: You can't get fooled again.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: But but the reality is they've stuck herround long enough as a hero that essentially, you know they have to pull a Hollywood Hogan.
Speaker 1: They're the bad guy now.
Speaker 2: And when you go through all the stars on their team, I did see the meme like everyone else did, floating around and Danny, you hit me up with it. So it's it's made the rounds when you look at the stars on this team. Mookie Betts traded because the Red Sox didn't want to give him an extension. The Braves chose Matt Olsen as their future over Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 5: And dropped the ball in those negotiations.
Speaker 2: Aut Remember Freddie Freeman was crying about that he didn't want to go in. Yeah, the Angels really didn't handle Otani, couldn't build a winner around him, even though they tried.
Speaker 5: And got nothing in return.
Speaker 2: And the Yankees had every shot at Yamamoto, but insisted on Garrett Cole being their ace. They paid more and Yamamoto went to the Dodgers. The Yankees had a chance there.
Speaker 5: Ardi Moreno, Yeah, he vetoed that Pajez trade.
Speaker 1: Remember the Rays didn't want to pay Glass. Now, the Cardinals gave up on Tommy Edmond.
Speaker 2: The A's just reassigned Maximun See I have we've done with you and the Tigers. Remember the arbitration deal was the biggest gap of money between the player and the team. Like remember they were, Yeah, we're gonna give you a ninety two dollars, that'll be what a SAMs clip, that'll be a ninety two dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh, that'll be uh.
Speaker 1: Four dollars.
Speaker 2: Close cry about it, and a lot of people are, no, man, good luck. Enjoy the rest of the season because there's not gonna be one next year, or you could just root harder and hope that someone in the NL even stops from from making the World Series. Man, it's not impossible, Like danyg said, it's not an automatic, dude, it's not.
Speaker 4: People were upset over Kyle Tucker and he's been tracked maybe the Dodgers worst.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you Kyle t.
Speaker 2: It's gone so on to the radar because they're just still the best team in baseball record wise, But Kyle Tucker that has not worked.
Speaker 3: Out, also struggling in the outfield, what's up debates? I would I would also just say two things. Number one, the Dodgers were two outs from losing the World Series last year. You know, like they there wouldn't have been a back to back if the Blue Jays could shut it down in the in the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: And they were up and down foot they were a Will Smith right, a Will Smith heeled down on the plate. I remember how dominant you Savage was last year against them.
Speaker 1: So it's not impossible.
Speaker 3: No, But I'll play I'll play Devil's advocate to the list that Rich read Off is the alternative for all of those players. The Dodgers are options and a lot of teams aren't.
Speaker 5: So you have the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: It's the Red Sox fault for not wanting to extend Mookie Bets. Not every other team is in on Mookie Bets and bringing him in there. The Dodgers are in all those conversations. Now that bit, maybe you know inherently because they're in LA or the Dodgers. And I feel like the Otani signing here, there really wasn't anywhere else that he could go. I thought that really made a fit outside of the Dodgers, and I think others felt that way. But I wouldn't say that the people who would like point to that list as saying, well, you know my you know my team. The Brewers wouldn't have been in on every one of those players, even though they were in on Schooble. And I think that's what some people have problems with. I think you're absolutely right. You being jealous, I think is the most honest thing about anything, because I think people try to craft their own arguments on why they should be right when the realization is yeah, just sometimes just sucks.
Speaker 5: Trust it to be into the spot.
Speaker 2: In the late nineties, I was I was a high school kid as a Mets fan. When the Yankees were winning every year, I like, I even then knew deep down inside, I'm like, I'm just jealous. I'm jealous because everything from the glory I saw my Yankee fan friends having in the three Peede and Jeter and winning, and.
Speaker 1: We used to joke that, like.
Speaker 2: You would even go to Yankee Stadium, it'd be like good looking women everywhere you go to, you know, city Field. There was a bunch of like like moms for long Islands. Like it was like everything about the Yankees was awesome, And I remember being like, man, deep down inside, I'm just Joe's you know what rich, That's fine, like Dan Byr said, if we could at least honestly admit that. But you know what, there is something we said though that if you are a free agent, and I guess that's just what are you gonna do? Los Angeles is an appealing place to live. We all moved out here.
Speaker 1: Everyone here.
Speaker 2: It's not like school Bowl volunteered to go those in tears but saying how much he's going to miss his teammates in Detroit. And by the way, Detroit gave up nothing for the dude. But is there a sentiment behind the scenes that which also makes me want to barf again. Was there some agent talk in that Schooble would likely want to sign with the Dodgers, so everyone else looked at it as a potential rental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 2: It's like if if the Dodgers know, hey, if it goes well, school is going to stay here, this would be where he'd want to be versus well, that's part of the way.
Speaker 4: It's part of this conversation Covino, because what is it, nine million dollars, so literally any other MLB team could have afforded.
Speaker 1: That as well.
Speaker 4: They didn't want to give up those prospects the way the Dodgers did just for a rental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's hanging on tight to the to the nobody's who rarely pan out, Like Michael Li says, a lockout is likely to happen anyway, so might as well get school ball on your way out the door and get another get a three peed in there, so you know there's a there's a decent chance that might happen regardless of these.
Speaker 3: But the end sentence isn't just these teams didn't want to give up the prospects for Scooble. It's also none of these teams are going to be in on scooball and in the off season. Yeah, and that's like the other issue.
Speaker 2: When Scoba wants, you know, eighty million dollars a year for eight years or whatever, You're right, the Raisin Brewers aren't going.
Speaker 5: To be in on him in the off season.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. I mean, it's above our pay grade.
Speaker 2: But how does Major League Baseball solve this and really try to prevent some terrible holdout and strike and no one plays? And because that, it seems like everyone says it's inevitable, you know, enjoy it now, will Is it simply a salary cap floor and ceiling? A lot of the players are saying, no ceiling. They don't want a salary cap. Is it a substantial luxury tax where these teams could spend but the taxes are going to be astronomical where it does make it less appealing for these big market teams to spend the money.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like.
Speaker 2: You're also going to have to balance out your international players and what's enticing to them, because Dodgers have a clear example, not only geographically, like beautiful weather that entices people in beautiful place to play. They're closer to Japan with a superstar named show Hey there that everybody wants to play with. So, like, are you gonna put some sort of some restrictions there as far as who can go where and how many international Japanese players you're allowed to get.
Speaker 1: I'm a break.
Speaker 2: I'm all about capitalism and you know, make your money, you know, but there's got to be some type of sharing because there's no way that longer term, these small teams, well, like you said, they won't even be in on guys like this unless something changes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 1: Can't expect you can't bank on Dan.
Speaker 2: You're very lucky that your team has great chemistry and somehow has run such a way where even without the big star names the Brewers. That's why the Mets they had something with Sterns because he came from you guys. But yeah, how do you how do you expect some of these teams to really compete? Like our buddy Mauser who lives in Cincinnati, he takes his kid to the Reds games were a wildcard last year, you know, for because the Mets are so bad that they won a wildcard eighty three wins. How do you expect the Reds to compete nowadays?
Speaker 1: It's going to Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's almost like a guy like Ellie Da La Cruz isn't in the back of mind, like, well, it's a countdown till he's somewhere else.
Speaker 3: That was, you know, the Cavino started off the show and talking, and that was the joke with schemes dating back to when he made his debut, right, I went to, oh, it's a pirate.
Speaker 1: Until until when could be a Yankee? The countdown?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and by the way, the Dodgers weren't the team used in those jokes. It was always the Yankees, right, you know. So it's so it has changed recently.
Speaker 2: How do you feel, Cavino, You're not the hottest girl in the club anymore.
Speaker 1: I think it's a big epiphany that we're all coming to.
Speaker 2: I think there's a huge sense of envy and jealousy when it comes to them being the hot girl. But as long as we acknowledge it, yeah, you know, and the players don't want a salary cap. I don't know how they're going to fix it. But like you said, Rich, that's not our job. To figure out our job is to I mean not only root for your team, but you might as well still root for the Brewers to beat the Dodgers. I mean, there's still teams out there that could beat them, and they might be one piece away from making that happen.
Speaker 3: I'll say just one thing, and I'll try to make it quick. I think it's going to be impossible if they were to go to the NFL model, and if you went to the NFL model, I don't know if that's good for baseball. When we look at the NBA, I think that we're off this high of the Knicks winning and how great that was, and maybe this current system allowed the Knicks to win this title. But I would also make an argument that the previous winners of the last five years or so benefited from what the NBA is now, and I don't know if that's necessarily good for the NBA, who also thrived on dynasties in top teams. I think it works great for football to have parody, but I don't know if it works great for the NBA and for Major League Baseball to have that sort of parody.
Speaker 2: And by the way, great stuff dbat Dan Byer is Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio. We'll get to your phone calls eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Is it safe to say that no one's cleared house, cleaned house more than Mets. You got Luke Weaver on the Pirates, right, you got Clay Holmes to Chicago. It's like they're just they're just getting rid of every pretty peralta to the race, peralta to the race. Are they the team that Tyrone tailor Tyrone Taylor to the Cubs?
Speaker 1: It seems that way right.
Speaker 2: It seems like the Mets had a lot of pieces that could benefit other teams. So some some of our Clay Holmes man, he's he could be dangerous in the right situation. Clay Holmes has been the former Yankee now former Met. Clay Holmes has been a very reliable middle of the rotation guy. And as you know, he formerly was a great guy out of the bullpen. So Clay Holmes is a great pickup.
Speaker 3: So Yankees just acquired Elie Ramos from the San Francisco Giants, so adding a bat to.
Speaker 1: The nice Can I tell you it's checking his stats? Right? It's such a.
Speaker 2: Dude, It's such a mind f when your team is on the bad side of the trade deadline, because then you're even thinking about football more right, Like if you're baseball, if you love all your sports, you know relatively equally if your baseball.
Speaker 1: Team is in it, Danny g.
Speaker 2: As much as you're pumped about the Raiders trade deadline and schooball and everything, your Dodgers are doing like you're locked in yo, if you're on the right side of the trade deadline. When you're on the weak ass side of the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: It's like you told this last week, this is what you wanted. I just said, you'd rather they fall on their face.
Speaker 2: I rather the Mets win sixty something games would be so bad that they just have to, you know, kick the Eskavino used to do when he was losing a Nintendo game.
Speaker 1: Kick the restart button with your toe.
Speaker 2: I'd rather the Mets kick the restart button with their toe and just figure out a new fresh start. But they trip over the power cord by accident. Oh sorry, I guess we're gonna have to restart. But Eli o'ramos by the way to sixty four with nine home runs this season, and yeah, I guess the Yankees could use him, but still they need that right handed bat. These here's what's interesting about today. There's still gotta there's still moves being made. Of course, you know, so I think this is this is just to start for the Yankees. They still got got to get that right handed catcher to guarantee they're getting somebody. But I mean, that's that's a hard ask, like who are they right handed catchers that are solidists? You know, on standby, fingers crossed, we'll find Maramos is good, but he's not that guy they needed. All right, Well, hey, eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox, Danny is on stand by waiting to say, hi, if you want to chime in on the trade deadline and your thoughts on the Dodgers. Can you admit you're jealous or do you think there's genuinely a problem in Major League Baseball? Because there's one of two ways you can look at it. As Dave Roberts didn't Dave Roberts say, hey, listen, we're just a well run The front office is.
Speaker 1: Just oh, there's a lot of tower pusses.
Speaker 2: Like as much as I like the guy, Sports Illustrated or former Sports Illustrated writer Jeff Pearlman. He went on this rant on his social media page, like I just don't get it. There was a lot of pride in a team, scrappy team. He used your eighty six Mets as a good example of like a team, right, a team that struggled but then got the right pieces, made some solid moves, groomed a few key players, and they played together to make it happen something to cheer about because it wasn't expected.
Speaker 1: It's like a miracle team that went all the way. He's like, when.
Speaker 2: You buy all these players, or get all these players, however you want to look at it, and you create these super teams just full of all stars, It's like, I just don't get it. So I see that look, but it is a sour puss sort of look. That's just how it is. So either you're gonna complain about it or you're gonna compete. Ask yourself, do you rather do you rather root for a team where it's like you're rooting on there, like underdog run or like there are times where the team is projected to be so good that anything less is like a disappointment, And yeah, that's that. I don't know Danny, Like, you're a Dodger, so you're the Dodgers red of the room.
Speaker 1: Are you expecting a three PI jet promans?
Speaker 5: Like what do you what are you rooting for?
Speaker 2: Like you're just buying, you're just creating super teams. I don't feel that way, Danny. Just make it clear, like that's the Flips.
Speaker 4: They have likable guys in their clubhouse, including their manager, and still need chemistry. You do need chemistry, and you got to produce on the field. The bottom line, you could be a paper champion all you want. We saw what happened three and a half four years ago the Dodgers out, Exit, exit, and they were called chokers. Everybody laughed and made jokes about them. And it's so it's surprising to me that now three and a half four years later, we're into this conversation.
Speaker 2: Man, and because the business side of things is a big part of what we're looking at, you know, but the chemistry still matters. Your thoughts will get to your feedback next Cavino and Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio. We'll take your thoughts on the Dodgers. Like I said, and I have thoughts about the NFL where I'm I'm turning the page. Man, my Mets there even I can't even name everything. They had an everything must go liquidation sales today you know they're like they're like, uh, yeah, you know. Or Halloween when spired Halloween just has like you can buy anything like a dollar mess Rich.
Speaker 4: Your Mets are the perfect example of not being able to buy a championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I mean it does it work that way? Doesn't work that way?
Speaker 2: I mean the Mets on paper, right, you would be like, dude, it paid Soda all the money, Lindore, Oh they got Simon and Polanco and oh they got Freddy Peralta for their rotation. Who's stunk? Like it just it doesn't mean it works out. But for the Dodgers when it does work out, it looks unfair because we're all secretly jealous the and by the way, dude, if we root against the Dodgers, right, which is going to be more fun to do, and they, let's say they fall short, what a great lesson in proving that you can't just buy these things and make these things happen. And how great is that going to be? When they say Rich, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. That's a hard fault to have all those players and not win it all. I mean, that's something to look out for me, and it makes it more interesting.
Speaker 1: Just not a starter. That rotation I saw.
Speaker 2: I saw a little graphic on Instagram where they were going over the best starting pitching rotations of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they put that my expectations.
Speaker 2: They put that nineties Braves team in there, where like, you know, if you weren't facing Maddocks, you were facing Glavin or Smaltz or I remember Steve Avery had his moments, and then the old school Dodgers back in the day, like you had Don Drysdale and there was even a who else was in this meme? But they said, now the current day Dodgers could very well be that rotation. Y'a'm a Moto Snell.
Speaker 1: It's insane, you know.
Speaker 2: I was like, Uh, did you talk to your mom about a thing like or is someone who really just doesn't know what's going on? I'm like, put it this way, mom, he just went back to back cy Young Awards and he's probably the best pitcher in the league and the Dodgers got him. Now, by the way, the last raining, he guesses I have a trivia question for you, and I'll give you the answer on the way back. What was the last time When was the last time a reigning Cy Young Award winner was traded that next season during the deadline.
Speaker 5: I have a guess.
Speaker 1: All right, well you know what. Hold that guess.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the answer next, Covino and Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: We got more next.
Speaker 2: Now, every sports season is built on preparation, Rich studying the trends and making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal, and investing deserves the same approach. With wee Bowl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETF some more, or planning for the long term for your family with iras, cash management or custodial accounts for kids. We Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform. Looking to take your preparation to the next level, check out wee Bull's learned resources and join their InApp community fee to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now help streamline your trading activity and elevate your strategy. With Vega, that is we Bowl's AI market assistant, you get real time analysis, watch list, insights and alerts when earning stop. Get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bol app today or visiting wee bul dot com.
Speaker 1: We both Financial LLC member SAPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit weepule dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, MLB trade deadline Monday and speaking to baseball, Let's talk about the radio silence with the Women's Professional Baseball League their debut over the weekend, to make matters worse. Maybe the worst inaugural national anthem of all time.
Speaker 1: If you haven't heard it, you will.
Speaker 2: Plus, we got to talk to Jonah Hill and we're giving away prizes.
Speaker 5: Do you want a time of homes?
Speaker 1: Do you want giving.
Speaker 2: Away prizes today? Do you want to take a time take a time out from the show. Let's pay pay our pay our respects to the country. Stand up, Oh okay saying minute?
Speaker 1: Oh can you see by?
Speaker 2: But don't by?
Speaker 1: Was so proud?
Speaker 6: We why nast sleep?
Speaker 5: Please make it stop?
Speaker 1: Rocks drive sand right path the rack sweet was.
Speaker 5: So cal.
Speaker 1: Which I can't take my hand over my heart and I need to come to my ears.
Speaker 2: It's lost bursting in a disrespectful stopping it.
Speaker 5: Disrespectful, letting it.
Speaker 1: Go was oh samees sast Oh the land.
Speaker 5: And the hole.
Speaker 1: I love how the other.
Speaker 2: Absolute worst national anthem these ears have ever heard. Frank Dreben, Enrico Palazzo sang a better Leslie Nielsen sang a better national anthem than Carl Lewis hearted it. You gotta you gotta feel bad. No, I don't feel bad. Someone's not doing their jobs. There was no test run. Someone couldn't step up and say maybe next time.
Speaker 1: There had to be that. That's all.
Speaker 2: Now, that's someone's like probably mom or grandma. So was an older black woman. This isn't to make a wish national anthem. Get out of here, man, like you have to earn that. Get out of my face with that.
Speaker 1: That's their first ever national anthem.
Speaker 2: It was the women's professional baseball league debut this weekend, and that's how they kick it off. Dude, dude, I know that reminds me of that reminds me of the Twilight zone because this do Do Do Do?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: I would I wouldn't have known this league made its debut without that national anthem?
Speaker 1: What and it seems women playing baseball pretty cool?
Speaker 2: So that's that's the Dan Byer makes a great point, he really does, because this is the most you've seen about it. But it's something very cool and we should be talking about it.
Speaker 3: It's also fitting one of the teams. Their name is Starving Coyotes, and so no, I'm kidding that, but that's what it sounded like. It sounded like the pack that live up in Santa Clarita.
Speaker 2: I make sounds in the bathroom that sound better than that. I'm no, you're gonna this is gonna blow your mind. How did this fun fact drop past me? That's Martha Reeves, who is the lead singer of the motown group Martha and the Vandellas, who is a famous motown group back in the day.
Speaker 5: So now, Sam emphasis on back in the day, we'll play some Now.
Speaker 2: There must have maybe an earpiece issue or something. It doesn't seem that way though. It just seems like Boston leadership issues. Someone should have said, you know what, Martha, I appreciate you, but maybe not this year. Maybe next time, dude, someone needs to step in. Was there not a sound check?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, that's bad, bro, That's just bad. So sorry to subject you to that.
Speaker 2: But it's gone very viral and and Dan's right now people are reminded at least that, yeah, that happened this weekend women's baseball, which is kind of cool man, so very cool.
Speaker 1: Who gives her redemption? Savannah Bananas?
Speaker 2: Some MLB team, who's going to be the one that there's gonna be some redemption.
Speaker 1: Story if she wants it.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to hear what happened and the who are the two ladies who would just make it so somber and miserable? Oh h harmonizing Chris?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Barbige.
Speaker 1: All right, well you know what, Oh god, bitch, here's what we should do.
Speaker 2: Let's go let's go to Dan Buyer for an update, and then we'll take your phone calls on the Dodgers, the trade deadline or things fair?
Speaker 1: Are you jealous? We'll get to all that. What's up, dvate.
Speaker 3: I've got so many trades written down on this piece of paper, including one that I just wrote down as The Cleveland Guardians have just acquired pitcher Foster Griffin from the Washington Nationals. The Guardians earlier today acquired outfielder Joe Adell from the Angels. The Angels were busy dealing players. Brent Soudor, the reliever, goes to the Braves. Starter Jose Soriano goes to the Toronto Blue Jays, the Red Sox acquiring Orioles catcher Adley Rutchman today. Baltimore also sent out fielder Taylor Ward to the Seattle Mariners for three pitchers. The Cubs got pitcher Clay Holmes from the Mets, along with outfielder Tyrone Taylor. New York gets in fielder Jefferson Rojas. As part of the deal. Mets also traded pitcher Luke Weaver to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Brewers acquired starter Dustin may leaver Jojo Romero from the Cardinals. They also just got Antonio send Zetela from the Colorado Rockies to shore up their bullpen. Marlinson catcher Liam Hicks to the Tampa Bay Rays. The Philadelphia Phillies acquired second baseman Luisa Rising a deal earlier today that will force Bryce Harper to move from first base to the outfield. Giants also don't pitcher Robbie Ray to the San Diego Padres. Cavino's Yankee signed or excuse me, acquired outfielder Elliott Ramos from the San Francisco Giants. White Sox got catcher Joey Bart from the Braves. I know I may have missed a trade here or there. Oh, Dalton Varshow goes from the Blue Jays to the Houston Astros in a trade. Orioles also traded reliever Tyler Wells to the Tampa Bay Rays. As for Rangers, pitcher Jacob de Grom declined as no trade clause, he'll be staying in Texas. Usc A Notre Dame will renew their college football rivalry starting in twenty thirty. Schools agreed to a four year deal. The first two games of the series will be played in Week one of the twenty thirty and twenty thirty one seasons. The Chicago will be without safety Kobe Bryant for the next eight to ten weeks. He hyper extended his knee in practice today. ESPN says he suffered a bone bruise and a small fracture in his leg. Niners wide receiver Mike Evan sent out practice because of a quad strain. AJ Brown, the Patriots wide receiver, told the NFL network he dislocated his thumb in practice but returned to the workout. Kenny Pickett's going to start a quarterback for the Panthers in Thursday's Hall of Fame game against the Cardinals, and Mauricio Pochettino has signed a contract extension he'll continue to manage the US men's national team through the twenty thirty World Cup.
Speaker 1: Guys, back to you, No thanks, T Baby and dB.
Speaker 2: The Cubs, like you said, got my dude, Clay Holmes honly a Clay Holmes Cubs are Cubs are on pace for over ninety wins himself. So there's a couple of National League teams.
Speaker 1: That could be sneaky and you never know. I guess I know they look unbeatable, but you never know.
Speaker 2: Kove, speaking of the Cubs, you know, congrats Clay Holmes has a lot of potential. He's going to help their team definitely. But watching the Yankees play night games at Wrigley, some interleague play over the weekend on Fox, his felt so big, dude, It felt like playoff atmosphere.
Speaker 1: It's just felt really cool to see. So just just a observation I.
Speaker 2: Made over the week, is that one of those like you know you're old when you remember when Cubs only had day games. Well yeah, absolutely, but you know, just the national coverage it just felt and they were picture duels all weekend just felt really cool. So we're getting into the nitty gritty of it and moves are still being made. So stick around for dB he's got your updates, and stick around for showtime homes Trivia, but you know, live from training camp. But we got to go to the phones. Dodgers, Evil Empire? Are you jealous?
Speaker 6: Is wrong?
Speaker 1: Is it okay? Your thoughts? What do we got?
Speaker 5: Danny? Louis in Vegas, Louis, what's up? Louis?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I love the show.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks man? What's up?
Speaker 7: Relatively new list and rapping list you guys every day for about a few months now. But I just you guy, You're very easy to relate to, you know, being in my forties, you know, just the old school WWE references all that kinds of stuff. To love this show, you guys, my new number one show. So love it perfect anyway, oh, talking to Danny g about this, It's just no one's really you haven't ever seen anyone talk about it. But in the playoffs typically you go with the four man rotation. So the way I'm seeing is Scooball, Yamamoto, Otani, Snell is the Glass down out of the rotation.
Speaker 1: Could you mean a guy that would be other teams?
Speaker 5: Ace?
Speaker 7: Right? I assuming everyone's healthy, obviously, but I meant if that, you know, comes to fruition.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I think the met Uh, the Dodgers are just getting these big names for insurance because they don't know the health of a lot of these dudes.
Speaker 4: But still, if if fall healthy going, everybody was healthy, Glass now would probably be the odd man out.
Speaker 5: He'd be in the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Or maybe maybe a guy like Otani is suited to do that. Remember Yamamoto, he wanted to He could pitch whenever you want him to. That guy, Remember he was willing to go love that. Yeah he gave seven. So anyway, let's see as we got Danny.
Speaker 5: Let's talk to Gary. He's an upstate New York.
Speaker 1: What's up? Yeah, state in New York? How sorry, man, hey, guys, how you doing?
Speaker 6: What's up. I'm in a weird situation. I'm in a weird situation. I grew up in Cincinnati, a diehard Reds fan. I've lived in southern California several times. So my Dodgers are the second team, right. I'm in full favor of a hard salary cap and a hard salary floor. Make these broke owners sell the teams to somebody who cares and wants to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never feel bad. I never feel bad for billionaires that don't want to spend. But from a standpoint of like, well, do we really want to limit how much they could pay people?
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe you have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we've talked about the numbers before I realize. I understand the Dodgers have a little more money than everybody else, but we've talked about how they reinvest seventy what is it, seventy three percent of their revenue back into their roster. And there's other teams that spend twenty thirty percent, you know what I mean. So you have to have an owner that's willing to put a lot of the money made back into the team.
Speaker 2: What trade deadline moves come to mind for you with your team I bet you for dam Bayer when the Brewers got CC and he went on a tear. Yeah, and they made the playoffs that year for the first time in over twenty five years. Sabathia down the stretch. Remember when the Astros got Carlos Beltron ended up going to the World Series. M hmm, Eraldus Chappie Chee you boy, Chappy Kavino Chapman went to the Cubbies. Oh, bro, you posed a trivia question before it didn't even go to the answer, your bonehead. Oh the answer The last time a reigning saw Young Award when it was traded mid season. Justin Verlander twenty twenty three. Look at at Justin Verlander. Oh yeah, it's exciting. Man, it's exciting. And dan Meyer will keep you posted. I keep refreshing the news and the phone and man, well make me nervous. Well we'll get to all that and more. Plus I have thoughts on NFL. I've a Deebo Samuel deep thought. Plus we'll do we'll do some Mahomes trivia. So all coming up right here? Can you know Rich on Fox Sports Radio, if you work in logistics, you know one thing, nothing moves without you, and right now, companies everywhere are looking for skilled people who could keep their supply chains running strong. Find your next job to Express employment professionals at Express. At Express Employment Pros, logistics isn't just another career field. It's a specialty from warehouse associates to forklift operators, to shipping and receiving CDL drivers, inventory coordinators, and more. Express connects you with the roles that keeps your business moving. So go to expresspros dot com. Find a location near you, give them a call. Whether you need to get your foot in the door with a contract roll or you're looking for full time work, Express finds you a job where your skills fit and your experience matters. And the best part with Express, there are never any fees for job seekers. So if you're ready for that next shift, your next challenge, or the big move, let Express help you find the logistic jobs that fit. Visit expresspros dot com today. Stop searching alone, get support, get options, and get to work. Trade Deadline Monday, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Danny g Iowa, Sam, of course, the infamous Rich Davis.
Speaker 1: What up is this? The amazing voice that's saying the national anthem this weekend. How's that possible?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I say that's impossible. Of course it got your updates sixty years ago, dude, something something went wrong with the national anthem at the Women's Professional Baseball League.
Speaker 1: Debut over the where to run to? I know, Oh my god, no where to hide? That was upsetting.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Now I'm here in Jersey and I'm hopping on a flight right after this. Maybe watch some project Hail Mary on the flight.
Speaker 1: We'll see man.
Speaker 2: And speaking of Hail Mary's, Rich has a football rant. He wants to go on showtime. Maholmes is gonna be here giving away prizes next hour, live from training camp, so stick around for that. But before you talk a little football, Rich, Danny g has an interesting point. He's the Dodgers fan, right. I think a lot of us admit we're just jealous. We're jealous they're making moves good for them, But we also admit there's no guarantee.
Speaker 1: Dude, there's just not.
Speaker 2: So how great is it going to be when the Giants fall? I don't mean the San Francisco Giants, I mean the Giants, the Dodgers fall, you know, because they could lose. There's no guarantee they're gonna win. So, Danny g what's your gripe or what's your angle here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not a gripe. I just don't understand.
Speaker 4: As a Dodger fan and all the other Dodger fans, are we supposed to also join in on the This is ridiculous. It's the end of Baseball's ruining it. We need a salary cap. Are we supposed to pile on too? Because in the chat I'm seeing, don't justify these shenanigans, Danny Gug, Dodgers, Michael Jordan, all that is evil. So if the Dodgers, you know, are sitting there and they know they're gonna get hate, who cares? Are they supposed to sit on their hands and be like, well, you know what, we're having issues with the starting pitching staff right now due to injuries. You know what, though, let's not make any moves because a lot of baseball fans already hate us.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't not Yeah, what do you?
Speaker 2: Dodgers are still trying a three pat They're not gonna be like, well, you know, we don't want to upset anyone.
Speaker 4: You know, because then imagine they go on a horrible losing streak the way that they just got swept by the Red Sox because of the second half of their starting us.
Speaker 2: Don't be silly, now, don't don't talk about don't talk ridiculous like, oh, they're gonna fall out of one.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, what record?
Speaker 4: But what if they fell on their face because of those injuries to their starting rotation, And then what would fans say, Well, the Dodgers weren't all in on that three peat. They didn't make moves at the deadline. Dodgers, you can't win as a fan of that team, right, Dodgers are.
Speaker 2: Ten games up in the division, They're gonna win the division, and they are one thousand percent. Moves don't always translate though, All right, Well, maybe players don't always work out.
Speaker 1: Maybe not a lot of question mark, maybe not one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: Get the one or two seed because the Braves, the Brewers, and the Dodgers are all within two games of each other, so hey, they could be forced to play in that wildcard round, right, and then if you're forced to play the wildcard round, it's best of three, right, only two teams.
Speaker 1: Danny G. I, I got advice for dogs.
Speaker 2: Only only two teams get that buy. Am I correct in saying that right, only two teams get to buy. The third division winner has to play in the wildcard round. So realistically, Danny, the bad way this could go bad for the Dodgers is if the Braves and the Brewers finish ahead of them, and now all of a sudden, you got to play three series to get to the World Series.
Speaker 1: And then you know, anything could happen. But pitching so deep to glass now is like in your bullpen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's if everything, if all the pictures will turn healthy.
Speaker 2: If people are given Dodgers fans a hard time, you know, like Danny G said, what is he supposed to do? That's when you pull the Connor McGregor and say, you'd like to apologize to absolutely nobody because it's not your fault. Your team is kicking ass and they're making moves and they're going for three. It's not the family. You know the advantage of Dodgers have it. I'll end it with this and then we'll move on to NFL. We're an NFL football zone this week. The best way to think about it Coveno is you know, like you have to line up a series in the playoffs, like your third starter might have to start a series just based on how it works out. No matter where the Dodgers start the rotation, it's an ace and that is a major advantage in any series anywhere. There's no like, well, we got to start the divisional round with our number three guy.
Speaker 1: You number three guys? What? Oh tani geez more covenon Retch next