Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sol fastion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the a.
Speaker 4: Everyway.
Speaker 3: It's the Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g As. We are working on what is considered by most a holiday weekend. It's a weird schedule though, Danny, because the fourth of July holiday not actually until the middle of the week.
Speaker 1: But they don't.
Speaker 3: Put holidays in the middle of the week the way that we do things around these parts. So you have to celebrate early, which I'm guessing will just mean people say celebrate every single day all week and in the next weekend it's going to be an entire week of projectiles, explosives, fireworks, barbecues, burgers, hot dogs, the whole thing.
Speaker 5: For sure, And you know there's going to be all the drive By two in the morning, throw a firecracker out of my window. The car revs away. This has been going on for weeks already in my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has been wild the last few years. It's in twenty twenty, in the middle of the pandemic, when everything was closed, it was like being in Faluzu. What's the town in Iraq there, Falujauju. Yeah, it was, of course metaphorically speaking, but it was. It was insane. It was the wildest thing. It's like being at Disneyland, but there's like seventy eight Disneylands all within like a mile of your house.
Speaker 1: It's nuts.
Speaker 4: Still like that.
Speaker 5: When the Dodgers won the World Series in twenty twenty, well one of the.
Speaker 3: Great moments and the hardest World Series of all time to win the twenty twenty World Series. But we will not get into that here. We'll save that for the radio show. And we were a little backed up on this. Now we're gonna get to the mail bag. We have some great questions by wonderful fans of the show. We did not get to the phrase of the week, and we did not get the pop culture yesterday. So we have the phrase of the week and pop culture that we start with the phrase of not the word of the.
Speaker 4: Week, the phrase of the week.
Speaker 3: And the phrase of the week this week is giving someone the cold shoulder? Have you ever used that, Danny? Do you ever saw man? I got the culture when I was dating women would give me the cold shoulder, almost every one of them. I mean they women were like Jedis at the cold shoulder. So I'm very familiar with not giving someone the shoulder, but being the recipient of the cold shoulder. I've gotten a lot of cold shoulders, Dan, a lot of cold shoulders of my time of jay.
Speaker 5: Z, we talk a lot about dirt off the shoulder. Cold shoulder reminds me too much of my mom for me to use it, because she would say things like, don't you dare try to give me the cold shoulder.
Speaker 1: That's good mom, right there.
Speaker 3: You can't disrespect mom, your mamu. But if you don't know what it means, because it's kind of an old term, it means to treat someone in a hostile, unfriendly way.
Speaker 1: Right, be a dick essentially is what it means.
Speaker 3: Don't be a dick, don't be just not treating someone like they're not human, right, you know, they don't exist. This phrase giving someone the cold shoulder. Interesting to node. It is believed to have originated in medieval times. It goes all the way back to medieval You know what people in medieval times thought of Medieval times.
Speaker 1: They thought of them at your times.
Speaker 3: They didn't realize they were medieval times. They were just living anyway in medieval times, and when someone had a guest over at their house. I find this fascinating. It was considered impolite to ask the guests to outright leave.
Speaker 1: You couldn't just say get out of here, you peasant.
Speaker 3: Even in medieval times, people had decorum and there were certain ways you were supposed to do so.
Speaker 1: Instead, they had a custom.
Speaker 3: And what the custom was when the host gave the guests a piece of meat from the shoulder of whether it was a pig or a beef or a mutton, and it was already cold, So pork, beef or mutton already cold. That was the tell. That was the sign that the dinner was over, and you get your fat ass out of the house, get ready to leave.
Speaker 4: So the cold shoulder was actually shoulder meat.
Speaker 3: It was show exactly, So giving someone the cold shoulder was literally giving someone the cold shoulder of a pig or a cow or whatever, and that was the sign that, hey, the parties over, get the heck out here.
Speaker 1: Isn't that fascinating. I think that's fascinating. I think that's wild.
Speaker 3: And it's still a version of it is still used, not as often anymore in today's modern society with technology and all that. So giving someone the cold shoulder the phrase of the week. Now we go to pop culture and that means ohio, al so, ohio, I'll do your thing, John, all right, very nice. So these are some of the stories that did not make the air, which is pretty much any story this week, because I was not on the air. So these are some things that I thought were interesting that I came across when I had some downtime, when I was not sweating like a sinner in church, just going crazy there. So microscopic Louis Vaton handbag selling for over sixty thousand dollars. It is smaller than a grain of salt. Have you seen this story bouncing around this week? Pretty crazy? Man, people, certain people have so much money. I saw a story this week New York has more millionaires, like three hundred thousand millionaires, more millionaires than any other city in the entire world. And yeah, it's crazy anyway, So this story comes out of the New York Post. A handbag that is so small it requires a microscope has been sold for over sixty thousand.
Speaker 4: Why would you?
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: That's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a in Louis Vuitton knee in spy.
Speaker 3: The neon green miniature purse was created by a Brooklyn based art collective and it is smaller than a grain of sea salt and narrow enough to pass through the eye of a needle. Yeah, it measures six hundred and fifty seven by two hundred twenty two by seven hundred micrometers, or less than point zero three inches across. The handbag, which is sold for it sold for sixty three seven hundred fifty dollars. Was made using a three D printing technique usually used to make mechanical biotech structures. So yeah, a full sized Louis Vuitton bag goes between three thousand and four thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: And this is ridiculous. So to show it to people, do you need to walk around with a microscope?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty Let me see you the photo.
Speaker 3: This is a photo of what the thing is on a person's finger and somebody paid sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: No, La girl is going to be into this because it's not big enough to fit her little brat dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and here's what it looks like when you're seeing the photo. It looks like it looks fine in the microscope.
Speaker 1: How does that work at parties?
Speaker 3: You spent sixty thousand dollars on this, So it's a conversation starter at a cocktail party on the Hamptons and you're like, hey, you got to see this handbag.
Speaker 1: Come to my microscope in my villa and check it out.
Speaker 4: It looks like like a.
Speaker 5: Little plastic piece broke off of a needle cartridge for a turntable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it does. It's insane to the membrane, is what it is. So next up on pop goals the culture.
Speaker 1: I just saw this. They opened a raising Canes in Times Square.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, that's a slice of home right there in the big Apple.
Speaker 1: I walked by it.
Speaker 3: They had a giant chicken finger in the French fries in the window. I did not actually go to the raising cans I walked by the Raising Cranes at the time score, but they have a deal with post Malone and he's got a partnership deal, so they have merchandise. Now post Malone is worth like forty five million dollars. He's cashing in right, and he's got to deal with raising canes. And so they have these special collector cups. Then there's four of them and there every two weeks there's limited edition, and so if you love post Malone, you got to get these cups.
Speaker 1: These a big deal.
Speaker 3: And how do we know they're a big deal because they're selling for a ton of money on eBay and and those type of ways places. But hundreds of limited edition post Malone cups have been stolen from Raisin Cakes stolen.
Speaker 1: There people stealing these obviously to sell them on the internet.
Speaker 3: And there's been a limited supply as as because they're limited edition. And in Houston in particular, there was a robbery at a Raisin Kin's location. The heightst unfolded at the store located at the Galleria Mall there on June twenty second, and they say that the cups were stolen two hundred and forty nine of the cups. The estimated worth of the cups over six thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you got to really confuse the TikTokers. Take one of those cups, go to McDonald's and put the purple Grimace, put the purple Grimace shake into the post alone raising Kanes cup.
Speaker 1: Well, then then they're gonna need like a therapy dog after that.
Speaker 4: Two worlds colliding.
Speaker 3: That'll be, that'll be bad, bad to the bone. Well, here's a fun story from the world of education. You're in education somewhat, Danny and Welles Radio. You double dip And.
Speaker 1: A story that we talked about a while ago on the podcast.
Speaker 3: The teacher that had been let go after not showing up to work for twenty years, and this is in Italy, and she finally they fired twenty years. She didn't show up to work in twenty four years at school. She missed twenty years, and she was let go a few years ago. She after she randomly reappeared showing up to work for four months and then people complained, like, who the hell.
Speaker 4: Is this this Frostburg's mom.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Italy is a highest court confirmed the dismissal. There's a legal battle. This woman says she's gonna show up the court to defend herself. I gotta hear that. I gotta hear what she has to say, Danny. I can't wait to hear the spin on that.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: The school, the people in Italy said she was unprepared, inattentive, and students refused to take part in her classes and she was distracted by her phone. Her defense of freedom of teaching was rejected by the court, but she says that she's got a defense and she's gonna have her day in a court room in Italy. Can't wait. I cannot wait for that. That'll be outstanding on pop Goo's The Culture. We did very well with the podcast about aliens. I feel like we should talk more aliens on this podcast, Danny. People love UFO stories. Another UFO this week caught on camera by multiple individuals in Lost Wages, Nevada.
Speaker 4: Oh Vegas is the new spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The first witness filmed UFOs. We're in the sky for twenty minutes straight. According to the latest second witness shared an image showing two interlocking white circular beams of light in the sky. And there they are video evidence of these images and all.
Speaker 1: That, and what are they? Who knows?
Speaker 4: But they're something No more athletics. The a's stands or aliens.
Speaker 1: The Oakland Alien.
Speaker 3: You it is kind of wild that the government has said, Hey, they're pretty much confirmed we have alien material and we're trying to re engineer it.
Speaker 1: That story came out this week.
Speaker 3: We've had people, multiple people say they seem seem to have spotted aliens, and most people couldn't give two.
Speaker 1: Shits about it. That is wild. Are people so like worked up?
Speaker 3: It's like when I was riding the subway in Manhattan this week and everyone's in their own world. They're on their phones, scrolling TikTok or Facebook or Twitter.
Speaker 1: They're not even They're just not they're not paying attention.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at these alien these orb video things. It's eh, not too impressive. You know, I need I need some more bang from my buck, Danny with these aliens.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's too grainy. This stuff mostly looks like it came off a flip phone. As we've mentioned before, we need some high depth video of an alien close up, like I want to look into the alien's eyes.
Speaker 1: Big guys have big guys like like I could exlay got my mouth.
Speaker 3: I want it to be like men in black is what I want that was still Smith to be on my TV with these these things and all that.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the mailbag. What do you say, Danny, Yes, it's.
Speaker 3: All right, ohio Al thank you, And the first message on the mail bag. These are actual letters by actual fans of the podcast, sent in via the Real Fifth Hour Reeal fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. And here we go, Mike in Fullerton writes and says, Hi, Ben and Uno champion Danny g But he says, what's your guy's opinion on Broadway? Would you like to check out some shows or would you have to be dragged their kicking and screaming. Well, Mike, you didn't know this at the time you sent the letter, but I did attend my first Broadway show this past week.
Speaker 1: And I almost did not make it out alive my knees.
Speaker 3: I needed one of those saws, those bone saws from the Civil War where they amputate your legs.
Speaker 1: As what I needed. He says.
Speaker 3: Also, if you've ever been to New York, is it true that it smells weird? He says, please hurry back then, going through withdrawal.
Speaker 4: I think we answered both of those questions.
Speaker 1: Yes, it smells like urine.
Speaker 3: And my favorite time for New York is on a hot day, right around seven, eight, nine o'clock at night, walking around when they put the trash out, because every day is trash day.
Speaker 4: In New York.
Speaker 3: And that is just an amazing pungent smell of the rotting food, the heat, the rats.
Speaker 1: I actually saw when I was walking around.
Speaker 3: I did my walk around Manhattan to the different sports headquarters. The first thing when I came out of the hotel, which was kind of near Grand Central Station, I walked out and I see two giant rats running across the sidewalk to eat part of a piece of pizza that somebody had dropped on the street. And so that that was like, nah, that's New York. That's that's the big apple right there. That's that's it. And the smell of piss just wonderful, just freaking wonderful. So anyway, yeah, we did answer that. Fred in Spring Texas writes in he says, hope the trip on, Well, welcome back, Ben and Danny g And it says, Ben, you mentioned last week that your wife subscribes to numerous streaming services. Of these which are your favorites? I would tell you, Fred, I don't really have a favorite. I love documentaries. It pretty much. Whatever has good documentary I'll watch. I enjoy the scavenger hunt of finding really cool shit on YouTube for free. And there is so much full length content on YouTube, it's just buried because you don't know where it is. You got to search the right words. But I get more joy out of that. And I have some people on YouTube that I watch that make documentaries every week or every month, and I'm big fans of their work.
Speaker 1: I think they're very good at that, and so.
Speaker 3: I can't say that I again, I guess Netflix is the one we watch most, but that's more my wife's world than me.
Speaker 1: And he also says, Danny, do you have what streaming services do you have?
Speaker 3: Do you like mysteries, cop shows, family fair or other subjects?
Speaker 1: And do either of you like foreign shows with subtitles?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No on the foreign shows at Flick's number one, I'd say Hulu, number two, Disney plus Max as it's called now, which is the HBO, plus a lot of good shows there, and TLC on regular cable, all those ninety day Fiance shows, the Match Me Abroad and stuff like that. Then sometimes paramount plus because they have two really great shows that are prequels to Yellowstone, and that is eighteen eighty three and nineteen twenty three, both really really good shows. That's paramount plus for both of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're clearly more educated on the streaming services than I am. Danny, and I don't. My wife loves subtitle. She loves watching foreign shows.
Speaker 1: That's not my thing. That's too much work. I don't need to be reading.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm watching TV. I just want to watch. I want to I want to zone out, become a zombie. I don't need to be reading.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the doveovers are really bad because I need the voices to match the lip movement.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 3: John in Northern Colorado writes, and he says, guys, what's the difference between a thing of a jig, a watch you McColl it, and a do hickey? I plan to organize the garage based on your answer. All right, Well, I would say the do hickey is the most important of those three, and the thing of a jig is also important, right, because how often have we said I need that thing of a jig that goes into the do hickey? The watch your McCall it, I would say is lowest on that board. So if I were to make a big board, not a list, not a list, but a big board, I would put do Hickey number one, thingma jig number two, and then trailing what your McCall it?
Speaker 1: That's my list, dany how would you do it?
Speaker 4: As you do list radio? Strike one against you.
Speaker 5: Strike two is bearying what's your McCall it. That's a great candy bar first of all, underrated candy bar. Sing them a jig it sounds like a dancing word. It's doing a jig. That's number two.
Speaker 1: No, you have do hickey number three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might as well say.
Speaker 5: You're gonna go to uh you said, you've actually said it before. When you talk about a party, how do you call it?
Speaker 4: You say no, no hickey at nanny.
Speaker 3: Listen, when you when you first kind of like figure out the other sex, you know, if you're into that thing and you're making out the hickey, that's a big relationship step when you get the hickey.
Speaker 1: So a do hickey is that's very valuable.
Speaker 3: When you're a young person in junior high school and you get that hickey, that is oh my god, that that is a wonderful mitzvah in your life.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is amazing. I got somebody that digs me and they gave me a hickey.
Speaker 4: I do hickey sounds red necky?
Speaker 1: Racist? Well like thingam a jig sounds better? Or what you might call it? You know, how great is the name? I did eat the candy bar? What you might call it? Like when they came up with that? What are we gonna call it? I don't know, let's call it what you might call it. That's the name. That's the ticket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really popular in the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 1: If you didn't know, we're dating ourselves.
Speaker 3: Chris in merri Cooca dea ile all rights, and he says ben shouldn't NHL players be allowed to opt out of having sponsor patches on their jersey, just like opting out of Pride jerseys? Why are people mad about the Pride jerseys but not corporate logos of which they may disagree if they bothered to research those companies, he says, is the only difference the money. These are only philosophical questions I have after listening to Friday's.
Speaker 1: Podcast from last week.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Pride Day of the Pride Parade while I was in New York Danny last weekend and it is such a virtual signaling mad house that I should have taken a photo.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: We were walking to the subway near Grand Central Station and there were people getting off the trains to go to the Pride parade, and many of them were not wearing much clothing at all. Unfortunately, they were not looking the way you know normally when you see people who aren't wearing a lot of clothing, I kind of you enjoy that.
Speaker 1: That's an enjoyable experience.
Speaker 3: These are people much like myself that need more clothing, that were wearing less less clothing. There were a lot of pasties on the the ladies, which normally, again you think that's a good thing, and then you learn that not not necessarily a good thing.
Speaker 4: Hey, lady, put a big pasty on your face?
Speaker 3: Yes, can you put a Can you put a burka on top of your pasties?
Speaker 1: Could that anyway?
Speaker 3: But the one thing that I think sums up the entire period of time we're in there was this person who I don't know his situation, but he was He had a little cart out in front of Grand Central Station, and they had slapped the Pride logo on every kind of to quote John in Northern Colorado, think of a jig what you might call it, and doicky. They had just put the flag, the Pride flag, and they were just selling all this shit and people were buying it. And they had the Pride flags, but they had like, you know, coffee, little coffee cups. They had like shot glasses with the Pride flag on it, and it's like they you know, they were charging a few bucks for everything.
Speaker 1: It was probably illegally made. I don't know if there's official.
Speaker 3: Pride merchant and so this guy's hawking this crap. But I think this is a virtual thing, virtual signaling. Part of it is people are kind of burned out on that. And yeah, the thing that as far as can people opt out because they don't like certain sponsors, I guess in theory you could. But the problem is there are deals made between the union and the leagues, and so all those things have to be vetted and it's in the contract you have to wear. The uniform is part of the univer like the Pride things that added on.
Speaker 4: Bonus deal, yeah, promotional night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a different it's a different situation. But if you want to do the slippery slope and where does it end, you could do that and your mind.
Speaker 1: Would explode and third rail man the third rail.
Speaker 3: Ozzie Waz writes in from Western Australia. It says, big Bet and Danny G. I heard you say it was missus Maler's birthday this week, and you can't give a shout out to her or give a shout out to my better half as it's her birthday today. Anyway, getting to the point, I was listening to Cavino and Rich on their show on the podcast during the week and I heard this clown a Dan from Colorado called in and he gave them shit for talking about themselves and not sports. And then Danny G finally had to dump him as he said a word that the FCC does not like. So my question is, has there ever had an instance or maybe how many times on any radio show? As I try to put these words together, they don't necessarily go together. From ozziwas has a caller given you absolute shit for what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can go first, I've had people call up usually what I get Ozzie was and I don't know if this happens to you, Danny, is you don't talk enough sports.
Speaker 1: I tune in for the sports.
Speaker 3: That's the hard ohs sports guy that's got no life and no other hobbies other than sports. And then the other people call up, you're not talking about the team that I like. You know, that's the one we get being on a national platform across America is like, you talk too much of it.
Speaker 1: You're too much on the West coast, you too much of the East coast. You know that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: What's the one thing all my shows I've worked on have had in common, Ben Mallor.
Speaker 4: Get to sports talk some sports. You guys are just playing grab ass?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah?
Speaker 5: And Clay Travis, what's all this politics talk? Why are you talking about race bating stuff? And then Covino and Rich they're goofing around. They're just goofing off. How let we need some sports.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: What's funny is I remember that Colorado caller, Yeah, we literally were doing a sports topic. What he was upset about was they inserted themselves into the topic and gave some personal examples of the angle that they took for the sports take.
Speaker 3: By the way, every program director every consultant will tell you as a host, if you ever get a radio show, make yourself part of the conversation, like how do you relate to what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: How can you make it personal?
Speaker 3: That's just simple broadcasting, broadcasting one oh one, whether you're doing sports or news or whatever.
Speaker 5: It was pretty funny because that guy went on to say, you have hardcore sports guys there, like Dan Bayer, who he should be the one on the main microphone, and so we're all laughing and everything, and then after the call Dan Byer very dryly says that caller had a lot of good points.
Speaker 1: On the overnight show. I get, well, Eddie, you know, Eddie's the sports guy.
Speaker 3: You know he doesn't goof around. Eddie's the serious guy. You're just a clown. You're just a goofball. And in my head I always think, like, man, how fucking boring would this show be if we just did hard oh sports. I wouldn't want to do it. I wouldn't want to listen to it. I would think it would be the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 5: The thing I love the most about your show in Covino and Rich is you guys do goof around and have fun.
Speaker 4: That's the whole point of radio exactly.
Speaker 3: But we both talk. We do talk about sports, but we do it. We mix in other stuff and have a good time. That's the key to it. Oh yeah, yeah, all right, anyway, thank you for that, Ozzie Wise. Al from last week, he says, Uh, don't really have a question. It's more of a recap from last week's mailbag. But that's back to whack weeks. ALF has not had a question.
Speaker 1: ALF. Are you losing your fastball? ALF? What has gone on? Are you having writer's block?
Speaker 4: ALF?
Speaker 1: He says, I'm driving.
Speaker 3: In my mind, I come up with perfect questions, okay, only to forget them when I get to my destination. Oh well, you could What you could do is you could have your phone and then write a message on the notes on your phone.
Speaker 1: That's what I do.
Speaker 3: If I think of a topic for a monologue or something an angle for a monologue, I'll go to my notes and then I'll use the voice and like I'm driving, You're not supposed to do this, but I'll hit the button and I'll say, all right, you know so and so about you know James Harden or something like that.
Speaker 5: I just text my ex girlfriend and I say save this note for me, and then I take a screenshot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a solid movie. I'm sure they appreciate that anyway, He says.
Speaker 3: Number one, shout out to the listener that brought up your appearance on the Zabe Cast as an intergalactic general in the Malad Militia. I am ashamed to say that I missed your social media team's cross promotion of your appearances. That being said, I did listen to your most recent appearance and your take on aliens being drafted in professional sports was outstanding. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love Zabe's great Zabes.
Speaker 3: I'm a big favorite one of our old morning guys in the early days of Fox Sports Radio and as I told Zab, you know radio guy, and I love doing that and that was fun, quirky, unique, different.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 3: Number two, in regards to the new imaging, I do remember something about when you and the shift Dodger hit around around numbers at FSR, but yours was more of a jazz at you and your haircut back in nine Eddies was more flattering.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made this nice imaging for Eddie.
Speaker 3: Twenty years at Fox Sports Radio and we got rid of him in O nine, but he's back now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do recall that.
Speaker 3: Alf also says I lobbied for you to get the WEI Late Night Shift back when Mikey Adams got the Axe and Jason Wolfe's entire response he was the program victor.
Speaker 1: To me, it was Ben does a great job period hard stop. Well, that was very nice of him. It's good he didn't.
Speaker 3: Shit on me, considering I was on WEI at the time, so that was nice. And it didn't work out. But I was offered a job at Wei, but not not enough for me to leave the job I had. Normally, when you leave a job to move across the country, you need to get a lot more money, not the same money, a lot more money exactly.
Speaker 1: Otherwise not worth your trouble. He says.
Speaker 3: The game show you were talking about, oh yeah, this is it Classic Constant with Alex Trebek. That was though I couldn't remember the name of it. That is absolutely right. Good job by you, Alf. I loved Classic Concentration and I could very rarely figure out what the hell when they were Those little drawings were big. Lou in the LBC has a couple of questions. He says for Danny g Why did we not have a Fox Sports Radio bachelor party for you?
Speaker 1: Strippers are people too?
Speaker 5: Probably because we're trying to cut down on STDs at the network. Yes, that seems like we already had that one time with a big Christmas party. Yeah, somebody, somebody in management decided to bring some women of the night to the party.
Speaker 1: Some hookers in cocaine. A bunch of hookers and cocaine. It was wild anyway, he says.
Speaker 3: Ben is the reason you hate mayonnaise because your mom forced you to eat it as a child.
Speaker 1: I don't hate mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: Oh you hate it. It's a part of your infatuation with Ranch.
Speaker 3: I don't hate I hate Ranch. I will tell you, Lou, what can Big Lou do for you. I'll tell you, Big Lou that the hatred I have for seafood is because of my mom. And she would give me tuna fish sandwiches. I always wanted peanut butter and jelly, but she would give me a lot of tuna fish sandwiches. And I'm so old that the ice packs didn't really work when I was a kid, I packed the tunafish sandwich in the morning. Send me off to elementary school, and the lunch box would sit outside for four hours and then around lunchtime we would have it and I'd eat a warm tuna fish sandwich.
Speaker 4: The boxes were made out of rusted tin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was disgusting.
Speaker 3: And so I said, when I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions, I'm never eating another tunafish sandwich again.
Speaker 1: And I've never had another tunafish sandwich in my life.
Speaker 3: And I pretty much blocked all seafood out other than beer battered cod, chicken, fish, drick fish, chips, fish strips with tarter sauce. If I could talk, that would help.
Speaker 5: So you're like mlcula colkin and where all the kids scooted their chairs a lag from the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Mikey d Ryer or Mickey D writes, and he says from Central Texas. On the mail bag, he says, do they surf on Long Island? And he says, what's your favorite New York City street food? Well, that's easy. I love the pretzels. I did have one, wonderful, outstanding great.
Speaker 4: Did you put mustard on it?
Speaker 1: I did not, I wanted to. I didn't get cheese. I should had cheese. That would have made it better, but you.
Speaker 4: Got to hipp it at the Melted Nacho movie. Cheese. That's the move.
Speaker 1: That is the move.
Speaker 3: And I've only been to Long Island a couple of times. I've never been to the Hamptons, which are on Long Island. But my experience with Long Island there is no surfing. In fact, I don't ever recall people surfing like legitimate surfing on the East Coast. I've been to Virginia, North Carolina, Florida. I don't The waves just aren't big enough for like legitimate unless there's some kind of storm. Maybe in the Gulf Coast.
Speaker 1: There's some way.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never seen East coast surfing. It's always been Hawaii, so Cal even like anywhere in the Pacific. In northern California, you could it's cold, but that's mostly So Cal Hawaii.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 1: But what do I know. I'm not a surf cowabunga dude, I don't know. I have no idea. Are you a surf guy, Danny?
Speaker 5: Are you familiar with I've been out there with a boogie board, not a surfboard. But yeah, it does definitely seem like a warm weather southern California, Hawaii deal with big waves.
Speaker 4: The water is cold.
Speaker 5: The Pacific Ocean is colder than what some people imagine, so you do need a wet suit.
Speaker 1: That's pretty pretty nasty.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Next one from I'm listener from Pendleton, South Carolina, did not get the name on this bad job by me, bad job by them not putting their name there, says do you think another NBA team? As a sporty question, do you think another NBA team will make the mistake of hiring Doc Rivers again? Sincerely, still bitter about the twenty fourteen fifteen Lob City.
Speaker 1: Clippers. Why I am also bitter about that? What is still wrong with the Clippers?
Speaker 3: From what I've heard, the word is he's going to get a TV job at ESPN or TNT next year, so he'll be on television at one of the networks, and so he'll have exposure on the networks.
Speaker 1: And you know, he's got the gift a gab.
Speaker 3: He's very debonair, he's a good talker, he's a good bullshit artist, and those are the people that normally gets the job.
Speaker 1: So I wouldn't be shocked if Doc gets hired. He gets another coaching job in a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Good talker unless he starts losing his voice.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a good talker unless he's actually in the huddle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, building a team?
Speaker 3: What to do in a crucial situation? Robert says, Ben, a question for you on the podcast. He says, what New York team do you despise the most? As a Boston guy, It would be the Yankees for me, quickly followed by the Giants. Yes, I don't know, I hate any of the New York teams. I guess the one that I get the biggest kickout of would be the Jets. The Jets fans my entire life, every radio station I worked at, there's been Jets fans and they've always sucked except for a couple of years, but they're always convinced they're going to be good. It's it's really fascinating to me. The Jet fan, I would say, the Jet met fan. Those two just nuts nuts.
Speaker 5: You just described two hundred different Jason Smith promost exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: It's just a wild, wild thing.
Speaker 3: But you know, I was in New York last week and they're just freaking out, Like the Mets fans are freaking out losing their shit because the Mets sucked and they were supposed to be great, and the pitching staff just blows, you know, and it's just hilarious watching all these people like.
Speaker 1: We were World Series favorites. I don't understand. Why was it all working out?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: You missed the really bad Steve Cohen come to Jesus press conference that everybody was hyping up, especially on the East coast. Oh, tomorrow, he's gonna set things straight. Yeah, get in front of the microphone, bumbles and stumbles, says nothing, no passion, and basically just.
Speaker 4: Says, Oh, the player's got to play better if we're gonna have a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it a waste of time.
Speaker 3: But the way the Mets are talked about, it's like this is a fence and that I would say the Mets even more than the Jets. There have been more times in the last twenty years where the Mets were supposed to be amazing, the amazing Mets, and they sucked and blew.
Speaker 1: And that was The Jets is not as much.
Speaker 3: But every draft pick the Jets get is going to be the next big thing, greatest, you know, whatever position they're at, Every quarterback, every coach, so that I'll answer your question that way, Robert, Is there any New York team.
Speaker 4: Danny that you you despise or No, not at all.
Speaker 3: You can't say that even if you do, because you work on the Covino and Rich Show and you will be punched.
Speaker 5: Right, No, I mean I would have been punched when I told him that pizza in New York was overrated. I'm not afraid to say what I think about New York, but I mean, you know, I was a Patrick Ewing fan growing up. I wore his Georgetown jersey as a little kid, especially with the G for the Hoyas gear. So I loved Patrick Ewing. I thought Madison Square Garden games were amazing to watch on TV, and Yankees and Mets I didn't really pay a lot of attention to when I was a little kid. I saw Mike Stosha hit that home run against the Mets.
Speaker 1: What was that game five Shase Stadium?
Speaker 5: That was Yeah, Like you know, we watched the Yankees and appreciated the great players they had, like Don Mattingly, and we were big Ricky Henderson fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I got locked in Shae Stadium, I remember walking in that spot the social home run ball landed in and I was like, oh, this is I remember this, this is. But I'd also call when the the Angels would play the Yankees on Channel five in LA. They would broadcast the games, and there was always some kind of ridiculous controversy with George Steinbrenner and the Bronx Zoo, and it was like the mid eighties Yankees had these amazing players and they sucked. And it's kind of like the Mets right now. They were supposed to be good and they weren't. And the individual players would be great, like Ricky Henderson would have amazing stats and Mattingly would be an MVP and Winfield would be hitting a bunch of home runs, but it was always something with Steinbrenner and he was going to fire the manager, and he did fire the manager.
Speaker 1: So I remember that with the Yankees.
Speaker 5: Both of us being from southern California, when we were really little kids, it seemed like Reggie Jackson was a dicky.
Speaker 4: See. That's the one anti Yankees thing I can remember.
Speaker 5: Like my dad, even though I was a little kid, when he was still around him cursing about, oh, the pompous Yankees and how much of a dick Reggie Jackson was That is one anti Yankees thing I remember as a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he came to the Angels Afterday took the money. Gene Autry, the Singing Cowboy took his money. Rob writes in on the Mailbag, says, if Roberto is gone, he's another one. If Roberto is gone, yes, if Roberto is gone, to become a bus driver, Ben, you better dust off your cookbook.
Speaker 1: Cooking with Roberto was a great segment. So yeah, I think broke, I think we're are.
Speaker 5: And again, it's what we all get used to and we all have fun with our segments. And like I had so much fun with Tinderoni Tips and it came to an end and I moved to the next chapter.
Speaker 4: Roberto's onto his next chapter.
Speaker 5: I'm sure whoever gets that job next will have their segment and they'll have their funny moments and then you'll get used to that. And that's all it is, the unknown and not being used to something until you get used to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And we love Roberto. We miss Roberto.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear from Roberto, he did this podcast, a Fiery, Spicy Hot podcast, which is still available.
Speaker 1: It is up in the art.
Speaker 4: Just a few fridays ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not that long ago.
Speaker 3: Blair in Main writs and he says, I will call you when you get back to the show. I says, I miss you. No, I will talk about my gold medals for the Special Olympics.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna get in trouble because I'm gonna talk gambling with Blair? You can now bet on the Special Olympics and I'm gonna bet on Blair. Is that gonna get me in trouble? I'm gonna get banned from that.
Speaker 4: You're going to get suspended by the NFL. Oh.
Speaker 3: I also wanted to say, before I get seven thousand emails? Did you meet Marcel and Brooklyn? Did you meet Steven Manhattan? Did you meet Uncle Mo?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I did not meet those guys. I did not have enough time. I was only there, you know.
Speaker 4: I was there.
Speaker 3: I had family commitments and things. We had events, playing and stuff. So that was the main focus was to see family. I will be back to New York. I don't think I'll ever meet Marcel. I don't think he leaves his apartment unless Uncle Dynamite takes him to see somebody, maybe I'll meet Steven Manhattan or Uncle Moe or some of the other guys that live in that area that call the show. I did have some listeners reach out say that they were going to they would be willing to drive from Pennsylvania and obviously Jerseys right there in Connecticut and things, but I did not have enough time. And I will also point out if you happen to own a restaurant in the Greater New York City area and you're you're a fan of the show, and for some reason you're like, hey, maybe I can host an event, send me a message, and I'm not going back this year, but I might be back next year the year after, and we can put something together and just help file that away, and we can have an event at your restaurant. Jersey anywhere in the tri state area Connecticut, New Jersey or obviously New York City would be preferred, but within reasonable train distance. That's not going to cost me eight thousand dollars on an uber or a taxi something like that. Last one from listener Dan in Waterville, Ohio, and he says Ben and Danny g He says, when the Browns make the make it of the Super Bowl this year? Are you planning on traveling to Ohio to meet up with Dick from Dayton?
Speaker 1: Never heard of him?
Speaker 3: Let me check my calendar there, Yeah, that'll be the three hundred and sixty seventh day of the year.
Speaker 1: I think we will do that under sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Can't say three sixty six because there is a three sixty six sometimes, But yeah, I think we're.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're talking about a leap here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, next year's next year? A leap here is next year. I think it might be every four years, right, But you.
Speaker 4: Know what he said, Dick from Dayton? Who's that? Does he mean the great Dick in Dayton?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Again, that's right, Yeah, the dixter the great job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll make it sure you put the dick in.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: All right, that's you learned that in sex said. All right, we'll get out on that note. Anything, Danny, I'll be back tonight on the powerful microphones of FSR. We'll make my triumphant return to save the overnight Audio Listener, and I'll do live radio. And I have no vacations planned the rest of the year. Something I'm sure will pop up at some point. I might take a day or two here and there, but nothing is on the schedule. As far as I know, I will be here every single day the rest of the year. As we're in July now, and I'll be doing a live show even though it's the holiday for the you know, the company.
Speaker 1: I believe it's tonight, but I'll be here and so there you go.
Speaker 5: It would be so awesome is if you just take one more day off and Arnie Spaniard fills in for you.
Speaker 4: Ohlicia.
Speaker 3: I did see Arnie's name on the schedule, so I think Arnie will be in not for me, but for some other people this week.
Speaker 5: So it should be a fun week at the network. I have the third and the fourth off with CNR, but then we're going to do the Dan Patrick hat trick on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday morning.
Speaker 3: Dan taking some time off. Are the Dant's going to be there? No, No, you'll be a Dan ed I guess wrong. All right, Well, that'll be cool.
Speaker 4: We will money money, money, money, kaching, chaching ka ching.
Speaker 1: Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday and we will catch you. I'll be on the radio tonight.
Speaker 3: If you don't here, it live the podcast on demand, just like this podcast available whenever you want the radio show be podcast. If you're not going to be up late tonight, you can hear it at your convenience and we'll talk to you next time later.
Speaker 4: Skater, Hey, hey, hey, I let you go of the way we were ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: How you can't see that scattered picture
Speaker 4: Of the smiles we left beh