Speaker 1: I wish I had a quarter for every time I seen a little kid do a gritty.
Speaker 2: I'd be so rich. Gritty gritty.
Speaker 1: I love seeing the white guys that can't do the gritty do the gritty after.
Speaker 2: Oh like me, just know no, like mac Jones.
Speaker 3: Mac Jones, he was gritting in the Pro Bowl and they weren't even trying, and like he thought, he ran by everyone. I'm like Mac Jones. Everyone literally fell on the ground basically and acted like they were dad, and you ran by everyone and you're gritting. I think that's when Bill was like this guy gritting at the freaking Pro Ball and no one was even trying.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes, I'm Julian Edelman, I'm Rob Gronkous, and.
Speaker 1: This is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, that's right, and the Super Bowl is set.
Speaker 3: There's one game lap, so we figured out it was time to crown our favorite dudes of the.
Speaker 1: Year who are recovering today. An elite runner with that cannon arm.
Speaker 3: He takes it to a new level every year, and he took it to even another level this year. One of the smoothest wide receivers in the game.
Speaker 1: There's those tho skinny dudes that have leverage, whippy string and like that quickness. That's what he is in a rookie that put the league on notice.
Speaker 2: This guy's special.
Speaker 3: There's never a stage that's too big for him yet, even just as a rookie. And we wrap it up by giving out our first annual Dude Awards, presented by.
Speaker 2: Cors Lights favorite beer. Let's Go Dudes On Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Eagles versus the Chiefs. We've seen this before.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl rematch. We've seen this before.
Speaker 1: I lost fifty thousand dollars on this guy, Damnita the last time.
Speaker 3: I think you should bet again, But this time I think you should bet one hundred thousand, so then you're up fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I have nightmares.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Lily, I'll make the bet for you, Julian. If I win, I'll give you fifty thousand dollars back.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I can't see the Eagles beating the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I mean that Eagles ere time. I don't know the Eagles offensive line. I feel like that's the only offensive line that can handle Chris Jones and the rest of the defense for the Chiefs. I mean that run game with Saquon Barkley. I'm telling you, man, they might be able to have some revenge from a couple.
Speaker 2: Of years of Ah yeah, I don't know. The Chiefs. Chiefs, they just know how to win, man, know how to win. They know how they know how.
Speaker 3: To you know, get it done in any situation that is presented to them, and the star players know how to step up in the most crucial times every single big game.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be exciting, it is. Can't wait excited to hit New Orleans, are you?
Speaker 2: I'm super excited.
Speaker 3: I mean the city is basically known for Mardi Gras, that moos biggest party you know, of all time, you know, in that state. So I'm excited about it. Man. Uh, it's gonna be cool that you have the whole entire crew together as well. You're going to be there, Tom's going to be there, the whole entire Fox team is going to be there. It's just going to be so exciting just talking ball, going out the dinners, just exploring the city, maybe hitting the casino as well.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get down there. There's a casino there. We got to well hit the dice. Yeah, we'll roll that dice, rolling, rolling and shake, roll and rolling and shake.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's got to be a fun environment because they've had so many Super Bowls here.
Speaker 3: Shake, shake and roll. Yeah, they've had They've had plenty of Super Bowls here. Uh, the last time I was here, actually I got a story. Super Bowl in New Orleans. Last time I think was like two thousand and twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Stacy James hit me up. I was out and about. I was all over the internet in ESPN the next day. Hey, like, you know, can you like it's fine you go out. Can you just keep your shirt on? I'm like, yeah, no problem, I'll keep my shirt on. So like, but I'm gonna go out like I'm out of control. I'm just my mindset was twenty three. I was like, no problem. So then Steve Ridley was like, Yo, come to LSU. I want to bring you to Bogies. I'm pretty sure Bogey's was the bar that he brought me to. A LSU.
Speaker 2: It was like, you have no problem, I'm gonna leave New Orleans for a night. You know.
Speaker 3: I'm still like a college kid. I'm only twenty three years old.
Speaker 2: Fresh out Ridley's fresh out of LSU two. So he knows everyone there. He's got the hook up to all the bars, you know, so all the hotel rooms around there. So we stay at a hotel room. We go out to this place.
Speaker 3: Bogi's fans are going absolutely crazy. My shirt gets ripped off. Oh I got the cast on as well my broken arm, and I'm just chugging a beer and boom snapshot. I mean, at one, I got to a level where I just didn't care anymore, and I didn't even I didn't even take my shirt off. Stacy, my shirt got ripped off of me. So you told me not to take my shirt off, so I didn't. When someone else takes it off for you, that's not taking off your own shirt. So technically I listened to Stacy James, the PR guy, you know, the for the New England Patriots. So Stacy, you can't be mad at me body, you know. And then that picture was all over ESPN again the next day, and he literally texted me, what did I ask you? Just please don't take your shirt off? And I wrote back to him, I did it.
Speaker 2: It got ripped off.
Speaker 3: Ye, so I'm excited for New Orleans again, and hopefully my shirt stays on this time.
Speaker 2: It's gotten not but maybe my pants might come off. Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's get on this dude. This NFL quarterback. Oh, this is a long one. Now, so long, sit back, relax and just enjoyed the show. This NFL quarterback stands at six foot five and weighs two hundred and thirty seven pounds. He was selected as a seventh overall pick in the twenty eighteen NFL Draft. Growing up on a farm in California, he played at Releague College before transferring to the University of Wyoming, where he became an all conference player, not even All American, all conference only at Wyoming, and still, you know, got drafted in the top ten. That's impressive, though overlooked in high school. Kind of like what I was just kind of saying. He transformed from a skinny six foot three and one hundred and eighty pound player to a powerhouse athlete who now you uses his imposing size to bulldoze through defenders baldos. Maybe that's why he is where he is, why he got drafted there, because there's a lot of bulldozing snow out of the way, you know, before coming before becoming an NFL star, he spent his youth helping his family on their farm.
Speaker 2: Oh so he probably got farm strange. Country strong. That's why no one can take him down.
Speaker 3: Country strong, developing the work ethic that would later fuel his meteoric rise in football. And a twist of face, another NFL player with the same exact name change his surname to avoid confusion.
Speaker 2: Let's get on to Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: Everyone, but there was a Josh Allen that was a DN linebacker for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 2: He changed his name. I didn't say. He changed his name to Hinz Allen. Yeah. And also his sister is a professional basketball player for the Minnesota Lynx. Wow, what a stud family. What's the first thing you think of when you hear the name Josh Allen. Let me put my put.
Speaker 3: The hat on and and I'm cool with wearing a Buffalo hat. I'm a Buffalo. I was a Buffalo Bills fan growing up as a kid. I did not like Buffalo for the nine years I was in New England. Actually, even when I was in Tampa too. I still didn't like Buffalo, we played them a couple of times. But I'm cool with Buffalo. Now I'm cool. I'm another Bills fan once again because and I don't forget where I come from, so I can wear this Buffalo Bill's hat and be fine with That's cool with me.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Oh yeah, Jules, can you answer that question first thing that comes that comes to your mind right now? What's what comes to your mind?
Speaker 1: Josh Allen Rob Gronkowski version of quarterback.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like that one, brother.
Speaker 1: Like he's big job. You always used to we always used to call you beast mode. And he gets into this beast mode where he takes over games with his size, his speed, his arm.
Speaker 2: You know, we all.
Speaker 1: Thought this year was a rebuild year for the Buffalo Bills. They are representing the AFC East in the Championship game a lot before.
Speaker 3: You keep going, there's no such thing. It's like Tom Brady being in New England. There's no such thing as a rebuild year when you have Tom Brady at the quarterback position. And now that's the same thing with Josh Allen. There is no such thing as a rebuild year because Josh Allen is at the quarterback helm and when he's at the quarterback home, he's always going to find a way to win the games. And also they got head coach Sean McDermott as well, and he's there as well. There's no such thing as a rebuilding year in Buffalo anymore. They're always going to be contenders with those two.
Speaker 1: This could be one of his most impressive years.
Speaker 3: It is because it's actually a year where they didn't you know, they were saying, oh, there's not enough talent around him. He doesn't really have a wide receiver. He makes a talent, Yeah, talent, and they got they traded their tire receiver digs over to Houston. And just look how much Josh Allen is thriving this year. It's just truly showing how much knowledge he has of the game, and how much intellectual he brings to the game as well and to that offense, and just how skilled he really is. This is the year that he has taken it to a whole nother. He takes it to a level new level every year, and he took it to even another level this year.
Speaker 2: Jewels, he's impressive. Have you ever met him?
Speaker 3: I met him real quick at tight on you in Nashville tight End University.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went.
Speaker 3: He was the quarterback, and let me tell you, it was amazing because you know, I always kind of dreamed about playing for the Buffalo Bills because I'm a kid. It's like you're dreaming for the Signersco forty nine ers. You you thought it. You probably still think like, how cool would that be if you almost went Exactly I almost went to Buffalo as well, but it just never really worked out. And we were talking, hassle. We were talking at tight End you and he was throwing me some passes up the scene, man, and he was just laying that ball right and he got a singer, and then he was trying to recruit me. He's like, come on, come on, retirement, come to Buffalo. You know, look, we would do big things. And I'm like, we would do big things and and all that. But it just just never happened.
Speaker 2: Man. I just was not you know, all these quarterbacks trying to steal you. Yeah they are.
Speaker 3: They are, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Jesus. Just in the end, it just, you know, I was just done with football. It just wasn't there anymore. But I would have loved to play, you know, with Josh Allen Buffalo at least one year.
Speaker 2: It look good.
Speaker 3: That's why. That's what was intriguing me when I was even talking to the Buffalo best. Yeah, Jeels, So a couple of big time quarterbacks have recruited me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have any recruited you before? Not really, I don't think sy not. Probably an asshole now, Actually I don't know.
Speaker 2: You probably told him they sucked when you saw him. You suck.
Speaker 3: I know how you get sometimes, Juels. You're just so intense and you're so competitive and I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well Brady did try to recruit me to Tampa. That doesn't count. But he's been your quarterback your whole career. No, I came in, Yeah, but you know what I mean, came in. There's definitely been quarterbacks that try to recruit you the other places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's different. You were like a You're a phenomenon. You're like John Travolta in that movie where he gets struck by lightning and all of a sudden, you can speak fucking Portuguese and Spanish.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, just about the ya ya ya ya ya ya yo wag.
Speaker 2: Well, football in America. No, yeah, I see you're like that. I am, So let's get it.
Speaker 1: How about some day ball help Josh Allen as a quarterback?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 3: Actually, when I was reading a synopsis, I was already thinking that in my head. That is truly when Josh Allen started breaking out as a quarterback that he is now. Dabele brings the best out of players. You know, Dabel as a head coach, they're struggling over there in New York, you know. But put all that aside, because being a head coach is totally different than being a position coach and being an offensive coording, because you're truly working with that guy every single day, just like Dabele worked with me every single day, and he brings the.
Speaker 2: Best out of you. He knows how to motivate you.
Speaker 3: And I feel like Josh Allen was struggling his first couple of years in Buffalo and he just needed that guy to be around him to build up his confidence and to show him, you know, the ins and outs of the quarterback position. And I truly believe that Dabel was the guy that got Josh Allen over to Hump to be the quarterback that he is now and now Josh Allen since he was coach on him, gave him all that confidence. Dabell doesn't need to be there anymore because now he has it and it's established into him, and it's and it's in him now so he can be that be that guy that Buffalo needs. He's the Buffalo savior. They call him the Winter General, I think over there because it's it's it's cold. It's the winter Soldier, the General Soldier, winter Soldier, winter General.
Speaker 2: All those names. They love Josh seventeen, do they Nah? They don't call him Jay. That Winter Soldier is pretty cool though. But he a bill for life.
Speaker 3: I think I think he's a bill for He's a bill for life if anything. If he's not, he'll go to another team at the end of his career. That's the only way that he would leave Buffalo. Like you're talking like ten years from now, like one or two years left.
Speaker 2: They draft the quarterback first round.
Speaker 3: They're grooming him for a little bit, and then Josh Allen Lee's just to go somewhere else out like maybe California or something. That's the only way these type of quarterbacks leave their franchise. It's just at the end of their career, but Dave all did an excellent job with him, and I feel like that's when he started thriving.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen always had that mentality to be great. He just needed to pulled out of him.
Speaker 3: And I believe, I mean, I wasn't there, but I believe Dabel did because he was my coach and he helped pull it out of me for years. So that's why I feel like I may be wrong, but I feel like I'm right in this situation, and Dabele helped him out tremendously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he reminds me and his story reminds me a lot of Ben Roethlisberger. Ben went to Miami, Ohio and came into the league, not a big name guy, but lit it up. And he's just a faster like Big Ben when he was young, was like manhandling guys. He was a large human being. And that's what I feel to a whole other level because Josh can jump over you and he's got a lot more speed.
Speaker 2: But Big Ben was like that and won two Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: So hopefully Josh Shallen can you know, get over this hump and do something.
Speaker 2: You know, hopefully he can.
Speaker 1: He can catch those demons in the back of his head about Patrick Mahomes, because Patrick owns them.
Speaker 2: Patrick owns them in the in the postseason.
Speaker 3: But I mean it doesn't I wouldn't really say owned because josh Allen showed out for all those games as well. I mean they both threw for over three hundred yards in the.
Speaker 2: Thirteen second division rule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that the thirteen second game wasn't on josh Allen. Josh Allen went down and scored and gave him on he three in the seconds left. That was on the Bills defense. That was on the stafe there or or whoever it was it was. It wasn't on Josh Allen. Were they winning at that time or they just a tie game? I think they were winning and then the and then it went in the overtime or something they kicked the field goal. But whatever, the thirteen seconds, I can't really recall everything that happened. Josh Allen absolutely balled out over three hundred yards three TVs zero interceptions. So Patrick Mahomes really doesn't own Josh Allen. It's more like Patrick Homes, just as Bills and the whole entire league still a quarterback to the face of the team. You win, it's your it's your praise. You lose, it's your praise. What kind of dude is Josh Allen? What kind of dude is Josh Allen? I mean this dude? He he kind of freaky. I mean the way he hurd a linebacker.
Speaker 4: When he stud Yeah, yeah, you're not a stud if you're in JUCO.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: You know, you can kind of become a stud, but you're not fully you've been. If you're a study, you've kind of been a stud your whole entire life, your whole Yeah, he's freaky a little bit.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a dude's dude. He Oh, he really is.
Speaker 3: When we were at Titan Universe, he was cool with everyone, man, everyone that I talked to him.
Speaker 2: Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I can tell you every single person loves Josh Allen, everyone that has ever interacted with him, anyone that's ever done a.
Speaker 2: Deal with home. He is beloved in Buffalo. Al right on three, what do you think he is? One? Two? Three freak?
Speaker 3: I mean just the way he hurdled over the linebacker versus Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: That just made him a freak right there? All done? No more? He could throw the ball mile. I mean, he's a freak.
Speaker 3: The way he can run the ball, that run versus the Kansas City Chiefs and the regular season this year to seal the deal.
Speaker 2: Freak freak.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after this quick break. Who's our next dude?
Speaker 2: Whatever paper I pull up?
Speaker 3: It's just there's like ten dudes that are just chilling below me, just you know, like the zombies, like when they're sinking and ground and like they're putting their hands up and they're like pull me, save me, like you know, right before they die. Well, there's like ten dudes below me, like, yo, rob pull me. I'm a piece of paper and talk about me. So let's see who we got.
Speaker 1: That sounds like the Detroit fan base leaving the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure does. Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh well, well talking about Detroit, this guy's in the same division.
Speaker 2: Oh so let's see what the summer is here. See what we got this dynamic wide receiver.
Speaker 3: So he's a skilled player, Julian. He's played the same position as you. You were a wide receiver. This guy's a wide receiver. Okay, he wasn't the same position as me. Just clarifying for you. Maybe you don't understand football anymore since you've been out of it for a couple of years. This dynamic wide receiver stands up six to one and weighs one hundred and ninety five pounds, makes him a formidable presence on the field. He was selected as a twenty second overall pick in the first round of the twenty twenty NFL Draft and has since amassed the most receiving yards to a player's first five seasons in NFL history. As a low three star prospect in high school, ranked the three hundred and eighth best wide receiver in the nation, he defied expectations to become one of the most explosive players in LSU history, where he won the twenty twenty College Football Playoff National Championship and led the country with one hundred eleven receptions his junior season.
Speaker 2: Wow wow in college Wow spectacular. That's insane.
Speaker 3: At just nine years old old, this football phenomenon qualified for the Punk Pass and Kick National Championship. Another punp pass and kick you know contender. We also had Andy Reid, myself, justin Jefferson, We're all in the same boat. Well, let's get on to him. I just gave it away Justin Jefferson is our dude here, justin Jefferson, Joe's get.
Speaker 2: That picture out. Come on, man, stop forgetting my shoulder.
Speaker 1: I boxed this morning and my shoulder literally just started spasm on me.
Speaker 2: Really, I really, I mean.
Speaker 3: I think you need to get a massage. You want me to come over there and massage shoulder? Or are you gonna call a real massage there?
Speaker 2: Wolves? We'll keep it, uh Shohn Watson light here? All right, all right, I won't do that then, all right?
Speaker 3: Well, justin Jefferson here, I'm cool with wearing a Minnesota Vikings hat. I got nothing against them. I used to Minnesota Vikings when I was a kid. Yeah, big, I'm wearing this hat for in honor of Randy Moss, just absolutely dominating as a minute Sota Viking in that Thanksgiving game where he had like three catchers, one hundred eighty yards and three touchdowns. So this Minnesota hats Vikings at right now honor of Randy Moss. We know you're going through a tough time right now.
Speaker 2: Brother. We love you, everyone's.
Speaker 3: Supporting you, we're all praying for we are man, and this guy right here has done more than Randy Moss, which is crazy in his first six years. Well, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the name Justin Jamal Jefferson.
Speaker 1: For me, I think it's selflessness that that that you know, there was what Addison was balling earlier this season and he says, if my team eats or something, I'm paraphrasing, everyone eats, I'm happy. Like, I thought, that was really cool. Guy that's secure with you know who. He is a team guy. That's what everyone because everyone's looking at him. He's the highest paid receiver, he's highest paid player at the BO is played well deserved and when he says that kind of thing, it makes everyone else like, oh, we can't. We can't act foolish because our best player. Like I thought, that's the first thing that came to my mind. What's first thing comes to your mind?
Speaker 3: The best wide receiver in the NFL. Yeah, he's pretty I mean there's Jamar Chase, but just over the last three years, I got to give it to Justin Jefferson. I mean, he's just a phenomenal athlete. Just his skill set is second to none. I mean he's a littler guy. He's skinny and it's impressive how some of the hits that he can take. He's a he's a tough sob out there, because to be that size, you got to be like athletic to another level. And you got to be slippery as well, because you're gonna get demolished by a running back, I mean not by running back, by a linebacker, once in a while, by a bigger safety, and you got to be able to get up. Also, you can't be taking those hits all the time. And he's so slippery that he knows how to catch the ball and you know, make a little tiny adjustment so he doesn't take those hits. Because if he takes those hits just on a continuous basis, that wouldn't be good for his career overall. I'll start knocking him down. But he's just that good at the position. He knows how to avoid that contact and that's what keeps him going a week in and week out. And just the way he can get around defenders after he catches the ball too, and make him miss and just have all the yards after the catch. I mean, guy is just an athlete out there. I love watching him play.
Speaker 1: He's wiry, he like there's those those real like skinny dudes that have like that leverage, whippy strength, and like that quickness.
Speaker 2: Like that's what he is, quickness to another level.
Speaker 1: He's quick. He can get in and out of breaks. For how tall he is, I mean, he can run the whole tree. He always comes down with the ball whenever it's thrown his way. That that fourth down where he's in triple coverage and Kirk Cousins hit him a couple of years ago and he came down with it one hand, Like that was an insane play. It was like that was on fourth and long. When the defense knows he's going to this guy, there's three guys on him. He goes up and gets that ball. And he's done that a bunch of times in his league. You know, Like how crazy is to think that him, Jamar Chase, and Joe Burrow were all on the same college team.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why they won the national championship. I think they went undefeated as well. It was one of the best college football teams in the history of college football. And that's when I learned about Joe Burrow as well. When I watched that college football National championship and that team was just ridiculous. I mean, it's like they're wide receiver.
Speaker 2: You yeah, you know them. They are Odell. You got Brian Thomas, Ohio State's.
Speaker 3: Up there, Ohio State neighbors. I still think that LSU is number one. It's just incredible, just the guys that they're producing out of LSU. I don't know what they're feeding them or I don't know what's you know, causing them to be so explosive as well. I want that type of training, even though I'm not even playing anymore. I just want to be explosive in life whatever I do. Like these guys. I mean, I would just be double then if I was like them. But justin Jefferson man, like we're saying, the explosiveness, his bursts off the snap is what gets him open majority of the time. If you can. It's it's about getting open. You you get open in the first three yards of your route majority of the routes out there, And that's justin Jeffers Jefferson for you, and just his fluid movements as well, just how fluid he is, just how he can break down at any given time and run any route on the route tree. And the only way you can do that because you're so bendable and so loose and so fluid.
Speaker 2: So he's reliable anywhere out.
Speaker 3: On the field at the slot position, you know, at wide receiver number three, you can't line them up in you know, near the line.
Speaker 2: He's just too skinny for that.
Speaker 3: He'll get Oh, he'll get tossed around if he has to block a linebacker, because there are wide receivers at block linebackers.
Speaker 2: He can't be doing it. I think he's done it. He's probably done it, but he can't be doing that.
Speaker 1: He reminds me a lot when he I saw him run a curl route once and he got so in and out of that break with his frame, it.
Speaker 2: Reminded me of Chado Joe Sinko. You know, you're more more fluid, but it was.
Speaker 1: You know, still Chad was like one of the best cutters that we've seen in this game.
Speaker 2: And he's got that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's been pretty like the guys on his team, Stephan Gilmore, who's been around a lot of great football. You know, he goes out and says how hard he goes and practice is rare. I mean, most guys they think they could just turn it on in the game. He actually puts the work in and I love hearing that stuff.
Speaker 3: And when you hear about all the greatest receivers of all time, ever, there's always someone out there on the defense side of the ball that has a quote very similar to that, and it's kind of the same in your case, Julian, you're one of the best slot receivers to ever play the game, hands down, and you're at work ethic was phenomenal. You would go out there and you would practice full speed every single practice, and that would translate to the game and you're just like Justin Jefferson position, though.
Speaker 2: You know I've been a couple of times.
Speaker 3: But what makes Justin Jefferson great as well is that when the ball is up in the air, he can make adjustments air adjustments, let's call it air adjustments, where the matter it is, he can be up in the air and he can adjust his hands, adjust his body, adjust where the ball, body control, just where his feet are going, just so we can get under the ball. That body control that he has is through the roof. And that's what really truly makes you the best receiver in the game, because no matter how good you are, there's always going to be a defensive back still covering you and still on you. It's about how you can just have that little advantage to get open. And the way that he can control his body is what gives him that advantage in the way that he can adjust to them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, who's top three receivers right now in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Well, justin Jefferson's one of them. We're not going to go any order. Jamar Chase, I think he's which is crazy. They played together at LSU Joe Burrow one.
Speaker 1: Chase reminds me of He reminds me off Steve Smith was six ' to one, like when you watch their highlight because Steve Smith was like a very violent, like he's explosive violent.
Speaker 2: He's just bigger. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like Jamar Chase even has like another gear, like another speed than Steve Smith.
Speaker 2: And see he Smith used to I mean you watched highlights, man, he looks like he was a monster. He was. Yeah, but I know Jamar Chase is a monster too. I'm not I'm not trying to.
Speaker 3: Think that's how big of a monster Jamar Chases. I think he has one more gear than Steve Smith. Yeah, I think Steve Smith three I think Steve Smith was is tougher.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We got it's Smith tough SB and he could talk ship and talk garverage, he could talk.
Speaker 3: Jamar Chase had like one as like an extra gear and like the speed department.
Speaker 1: He never get caught. Who else we got Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who's the third?
Speaker 4: The third?
Speaker 2: I mean it's a clear number.
Speaker 3: One and two with Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase and then number three.
Speaker 2: I might have to get it a J. Brown if he had a quarterback that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But you know everything factor is what about Cede Lamb?
Speaker 2: Though been performing? He was, he was paid this offseason.
Speaker 3: He he sure performed CD he was, he was, you know, rarely reliable throughout the whole year.
Speaker 1: Got hurt a little bit, didn't he He didn't play, he didn't finish the year.
Speaker 3: Well, you know something, We're not gonna do top three jewels. We're just gonna do one and two because these guys are just such a lie ahead of everyone else after the after after them. So Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase number one and two wide receivers in the NFL.
Speaker 1: IF I have to watch another Pop Warner video or flag football video with the kids scoring a touchdown and doing the gritty. I wish I had I wish I had a quarter for every time I seen a little kid do a gritty, I'd be so rich. I mean this, it is because of Justin Jefferson every time, I mean, you do the gritty. When did he started doing that? Like four years ago? It's still he is synonymous with the gritty. Jamar Chase taught Justin Jefferson the gritty at LSU. Jam Jamar Chase stays in college for your Justin Jefferson goes to the league starts doing the gritty because the guy who taught Jamar Chase the gritty is the guy who started the gritty. So there's just so much gritty, incessuous shit going on.
Speaker 2: A lot of grittiness is so great. A lot of grittiness, but it's tight.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what makes you the best receivers in the NFL.
Speaker 2: You gotta be able to grit gott to hit the grizz. They must just sit there and train, like doing the gritty for like sixteen hours straight a day.
Speaker 1: Like I love seeing the white guys that can't do the gritty gritty after oh like me just now, no, like Yoseki, You're right, I.
Speaker 3: Can't do the gritty, gretty, gritty gritty Mac Johns, Mac Jones, he was gritting in the Pro Bowl and they weren't even trying, and like he thought, he ran by everyone. I'm like Mac Jones. Everyone literally fell on the ground basically and acted like they were dad, And you ran by everyone and you're gritting. I think that's when Bill was like this guy gritting at the fricking Pro Ball and no one was even trying.
Speaker 2: Can't gritty? Yeah? What the same with? Yeah, who'd you say? The tight end? Jazaki griddy? I think he makes grimy too. Yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: He makes fun. He's like, I don't know, it's I love watching it. It's fun, all right. What kind of dude is justin Jefferson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what kind of dude is? He's swaggy that's the time. He's a swaggy dude. But that's not one of the categories here, Jules.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a dog. He's definitely a dud dude.
Speaker 1: Everyone like you could tell that everyone loves him and he's a glue guy.
Speaker 2: Clearly from his quote player, no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: But I kind of feel like I know this category just because just how special of a player he is.
Speaker 2: So on three, what do you three? One two? Three? Yeah, I mean yeah, he's out there on the football field.
Speaker 1: He's just a stud. He's consistent. He's what you want your younger players to be. When you you talk about guys that are your best players on your team, your your most influential guys on your team, that's who you want. He's just a stud. And what about those chains? Always got change?
Speaker 2: So you're studley if you're wearing those chains, swags and swag. Stud.
Speaker 3: Let's get let's get Let's get on to our next two.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after this quick break. All right, here we go, standing at sixty four six. You know who this is? I don't. I knew you win it and weighing two hundred five pounds. How about that? Nope, yeah, I knew you went.
Speaker 3: This dual threat quarterback has already garnered attention for his dynamic play making ability. He was selected second overall in the twenty twenty four NFL Draft Washington Commander.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah me too.
Speaker 3: He played college football at LSU, where he won the Heisman Trophy raised in San Bernardino.
Speaker 1: San Bernardino, the home place of I believe McDonald's really, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I want mac. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He set multiple state records for passing yards and touchdowns in high school, earning Gatorade Player of the Year honors in California. During his rookie season, he became a Rookie of the Year candidate and led his team to the NFC championship.
Speaker 2: Let's get on to Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 3: That's right, baby, had On and Jules, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the name Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 2: First thing I think about when I think of Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 1: Is calm, cool and collect I mean, he's doing things right now.
Speaker 2: That that no rookie quarterback has ever done. He's doing things that veteran quarterbacks don't do.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been like unreal to watch him play like in crucial situations. Everyone thinks he's, you know, a running guy, but he's delivered crazy situational like drives where he capitalized on a third down or or you know, he capitalized on a fourth down throwing the football. I mean he east dissecting man. I'm so it's been so impressive to watch. I'm hat a loss of words because these last couple of years, we've seen quarterbacks come out and play very strong rookie years.
Speaker 2: You know c J.
Speaker 1: Stroud last year, and then Jaden did like that was like the best rookie season all time for a quarterback. Then Jaydon Daniels comes here in the league and he's got two playoff wins and this was a joke of a franchise.
Speaker 2: A joke they only won four games last year. I mean, it is unreal.
Speaker 1: You gotta tip your cap to dan Quinn Cliff Kingsbury. Cliff's fucking developing this kid. I watched his stats. I watched his film from you know, we were watching this film in college and you could see he was a gifted guy. But you watched it in the league and now he's like he's progressing through these his progressions and he's delivering the ball over the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: He watched his highlight film in college.
Speaker 1: I mean he's throwing them Eleak neighbors Brian Thomas, and he's throwing all these go routes, which he's putting them right where they have to be. I've been watching them dissect defenses. I mean, he is so impressive.
Speaker 3: What do you think the Washington Commanders first year ownership, first year head coach, first year offensive coordinator, first year everything else that they got going on every first year and the most important piece rookie quarterback Jaden Daniels without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Put it that way. This guy's special.
Speaker 3: He's there's never a stage that's too big for him yet, even just as a rookie, and I would I would date back to that is because you got to have experience in order to be able to handle a stage that big. And he was handling that stage when he was at LSU. I mean, you're in front of eighty thousand people a week when you're one hundred tho hundred people a week when you're in the SEC. And on top of it, he's so experienced. He played about what four or five years in college's years twenty five years yeah, twenty five years old. He's just like bow Knicks. Those guys stepped in and they handled every situation that were thrown at them because they played so much football already in college. So to all your quarterbacks out there staying in college for four or five years is fine. You're still gonna get a chance at the NFL and it actually might make you better, you know, your first you know, year or two in the NFL, because you're developed already, you already seen so many situations, you already seen so much good football you know coming at you. So Jaden Daniels is one of those guys that represents that that you can be totally ready even after a five year even after staying for five years in college, which is which is amazing, what are you doing? But yeah, he's the most important piece to this new Washington Commanders, this new style of everything that they represent. His offensive coordinator, obviously, Cliff Kingsbury, I think has helped him out tremendously as well. He's like a quarterback whisperer. He knows how to relate to the young bucks. He had what he had Patrick Mahomes in college. He in Arizona, Kyler Murray he dealt with as well and helped develop him.
Speaker 2: And he's doing He's very successful at the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Cliff and what was it there's some micd up stuff or there was an interview with some of the players. Cliff's over here talking about Instagram models with some of these guys, like they just have such a connection.
Speaker 2: That's how we relate to these young bodies.
Speaker 1: I mean, they got connection right now. It's been so.
Speaker 2: Fun about that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about I swear all these guys over here was talking about it.
Speaker 3: I don't either, But Cliff, click on my explore page. It's all Frenchies. They have smart instincts. He's a dynamic threat as well. Yeah, everyone's like, hey, get down because he's skinny. Man. Those linebackers get ahold of him. They could do some damage to him. But he's just got to get down. I mean, yeah, you have to read the book. He's a young buckstill, so you can take a couple of heads. But he's slippery enough, like you said that he can maybe give a guy or to avoid it. I mean he's got consistency as well. That's what makes a great quarterback is this guy has consistency as just a rookie. You know, that's incredible. I mean he gets through his reads quickly as well.
Speaker 1: Big hands, he got big hands, Yeah, huge hands.
Speaker 2: That pinix uh.
Speaker 3: That might have been panicked. Looks like a guy that would have big hands. Jaden Daniels looks like, you know, he's so skinny, he might just have average hands.
Speaker 2: I love how he is at the podium too. He's just calm all over the place.
Speaker 3: He's calm under pressure, He's calm at the podium, he's calm after you know, when he's doing interviews after the game.
Speaker 2: He's just calm at all time.
Speaker 3: And I swear you gotta have that personality like that to be a quarterback in the NFL. It's kind of like being a golfer a little bit. You just gotta be calm the whole entire, you know day, because he's gonna be ups, there's gonna be downs, and then if you're just in the middle, you're just always ready to go at any given time.
Speaker 2: Calm he was. He he was in pressure eyed situations. Pressure, but like there's gotta be a time where you got to pick it up. You got to pick it up.
Speaker 3: But Jaden's comment at all times, I feel like it just goes with him. He does, and his leadership is just a rookies incredible. I would say his days, you know at LSU, have gotten him that that skill set to have that leadership and also he bounced around a little bit in college. So do you think guys that bounce around like that in college does that help their leadership? And that helps their knowledge of the game because they're learning so many different systems and you got to become a leader instantly when you get to a new school.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that the experience of having to gain the respect of a new team multiple times puts him in a great position to go and if he's balling, great, do the same thing in the league. And that's and that's what we're seeing. I mean, he's gotten the respect of his team at Arizona State LSU, and now you can see that the team is rallying behind him.
Speaker 2: I mean, Terry mclaurin's happy.
Speaker 1: He's been you know, he's been playing with no quarterbacks his whole career. Finally as a quarterback and look at you know, the damage he's done this year.
Speaker 2: I just think it's I mean, he's he's just he's.
Speaker 3: Unreal any any And what's cool is that the Washington Commanders surrounded him with the pieces to succeed as well. They went out, they got veteran running back Austin Eckler, who's a beast running the ball right out of the backfield on third downs in passing situations, they get a Holda's a veteran tight end who's very consistent you know, out there out in the field, who he's been feeding uh throughout the playoffs as well. Then you got superstar wide receiver McLaurin who's been there for a while and needed a quarterback, so it was a win win situation for them as well. And then you got him with one of the best, you know, new head coaches in the game as well, dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: And I believe dan Quinn is the reason now if.
Speaker 3: You look at it, why the Cowboys were twelve and five over the last couple of years. I mean, without him being with the Dallas Cowboys, they absolutely tanked this year on the defensive side of the ball. And even Michael Parsons even brought up that they missed dan Quinn throughout this season as well. So dan Quinn, you got to give kudos to him for developing, uh, you know, helping with the development of Jaden Daniels, but also boosting that defense and just the team overall, the morale, uh, you know, for the Washington Commanders. Now, I see why the Cowboys were that good over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: And and dan Quinn and this is we're talking about Jaydon Daniels. But dan Quinn, this is a typic of the cap for the defensive coaches that get a bad rap when you're looking at this, Oh, like we got a new young quarterback. Let's let's surround him with the quarterback guru or something like like dan Quinn's a he's defensive guy. He's developing Dave Jayde Daniels. Now, I know Cliff Kingsbury is a huge part of that, but you know this is this is big for defen takes everyone.
Speaker 2: It takes everyone.
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta have that head coach all in to develop him too, no doubt about that. Remember that hal Mary though against Chicago. Do you think that changed their season this year when when Jayde and Daniels the second pick overall Hell married the first pick overall Cal Williams. I mean, was that the game changing of like game changing event, game changing play of their season?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 1: I think that's one of those moments where you got like a destiny team. It's a destinity team moment. When you look back on it, that one play is going to be signatured on all the highlights and all everything, because you know, they needed that to win that game. And that's a huge part of the reason why they're in the playoffs. You know, that's how that's why the NFL's best.
Speaker 2: Every game counts.
Speaker 1: You're you know, we're gonna look back and all those games that you know, the Cincinnati Bengals lost because of a play, or you know, the Chicago Bears lost because of you know, a bad.
Speaker 2: Play here or there.
Speaker 1: You know, these this team right here, the Washington Commanders, they've had those plays and that's why they're in the position that they're in. And it's been remarkable because you're doing it with a young guy that's never done.
Speaker 2: It, and he's either he looks like he is.
Speaker 1: I I mean, I usually am so pessimistic, like deep down inside with like young quarterbacks in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Like he looks good.
Speaker 3: He looks good, he looks like a savvy vat like he's been playing for like five years.
Speaker 1: He closed the game down like even when because when you watch him on the sidelines and he makes everyone miss and he gets out right away and he protects himself, but he gets out like he's always like he's always a step.
Speaker 2: Ahead of the defender.
Speaker 1: And then even when they're blitzing them, like he sits there and they're so scared to fully.
Speaker 2: Go at him because they can make them.
Speaker 1: They got made missed earlier in that game, so there's a bit of hesitation, and then he's delivering the football on.
Speaker 2: These blitz zeros.
Speaker 1: He's defeated blitz zero a whole lot of bunch this year, like up to like more than a lot of these quarterbacks in crucial situation, gotta have it situations.
Speaker 2: It's been crazy.
Speaker 3: And when you can beat blitz zero as a quarterback, especially when you're that young, you're gonna be set up for rest of your career. And then they're gonna stop pressing and then the run game just opens up that much more. And it's wild that he's that the game is that slow for him that he can beat blitzero and put the ball where he needs to put it in like a split second, which is just incredible. I got a question for you, Juel's who is a better passer right now? Jayden Daniels or Lamar Jackson. Oh, won't be scared. Won't be scared. I mean the kids was scared of the answer. I'll tell you right now is scared to your answer?
Speaker 2: Sound?
Speaker 1: But you said it on the blitz zero point. Lamar's last two seasons have ended on blaz zero.
Speaker 3: You'll put your money on Lamar Jackson or Jade and Daniels to handle that blitz zero.
Speaker 2: Daniels, Oh, you heard it here first, folks, you heard it here. I'm going Jade and Daniels. I think he's good. Who's got who's got better legs? Lamar Jackson or Jaden Daniel. There we go. Okay, that makes up for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mars beasts Jayden Daniels or Martin or Michael Vick legs legs Vic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Vick, I agree. Wow, Jade and Daniels a beast? Well, what kind of dude is this guy?
Speaker 3: We've been raving about him, you know, we've been going off about.
Speaker 2: His skills set. He's great. Pass your dual threat and run the basement.
Speaker 3: Skinny Heisman has anil deals. His a SU teammates told him he sucked when he left, and he didn't care. He didn't even listen to Yeah, they said you suck. Get to clean out your locker, get out of here really. Yeah, video surfer surface of them cleaning out his locker room and his teammates on I G telling me and he sucks after he left a su. I mean, that's a s U for you. I would you know, that's that's the scum devils for you. They would do that type of stuff. I mean, I don't I don't know why I'm saying that about them. Oh I know why because I went to the University of Arizona wild Cats bear down baby.
Speaker 2: But what kind of dude is Jade and Daniels? Is he a whiz? He's definitely a whiz. He's a whizz. Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: But he's kind of a dog but like but not not really because he's just too like he's just skinny.
Speaker 2: Maybe to be a dog. Like he's not like cussing people.
Speaker 1: Out because he's really fast and he yeah, that's yeah, he is.
Speaker 3: He's freaky, Yeah, because you're skinny, and like, you get really freaky when you're skinny. As an athlete, I think he's a stud. He might be a stud. I mean his athleticism football.
Speaker 1: Just the way he handles himself on three on three?
Speaker 2: Who do you think? One? Two three?
Speaker 1: And it's because he's just been I mean, he's won the Heisman, he's gone here. He was supposed to do what he's doing right now. That's what studs do.
Speaker 2: They do what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: At the podium sound is the way we all think he should sound.
Speaker 2: Probably, i mean.
Speaker 3: The postgame interviews on the field, I'm like, oh my gosh, Like it's it's like he didn't even win the game because he's just so calm, Like it's not like he's you know, overly like celebrating just a celebration, like he's just like he gives everyone too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah he does.
Speaker 3: I mean, he gives the praise, made a great job, the coaches did great, the you know wide re series.
Speaker 2: It's it's incredible. Man. It's like he's a ton yr Vet. He's got pedigree, he's got that football i Q. He's aid. He's a lovely stud.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the chillis Dude of the Week brought to you by our favorite beer, cores Light. Get corps Light delivered right to your door by visiting corslight dot com. Slash Dudes celebrate responsibility.
Speaker 3: And since the season is almost over, let's give out some Awards for our Dudes of the Year. Due to the year, we've broken it into three different categories, each with worthy nominees.
Speaker 2: Wait, we got a crack of beer before we do this. Yeah, you're right on in there, and you get that long arm in there. Got it, there's one. I got it.
Speaker 1: They're cold, they're blue, and just remember the Colorado.
Speaker 3: Cheer Dudes of the Year, Dudes of the Year, let's go brought to you by Corps Light.
Speaker 2: Ah takes so a good one. It hits your lips. Let's get into it and delicious. All right. We got three three awards this year.
Speaker 1: Well we'll build it up as this this thing snowballs, but we wanted to keep it with three must have awards award one New Dude of the Year, the new Dude of the Year. Used to call anyone who is new new dude. This is new Dude of the year. It's a new England thing. It's an everywhere thing, your new dude, your.
Speaker 3: Dude, dude new and e w dude, new dude. I just want to clarify that.
Speaker 2: So New Dude of the Year are nominees.
Speaker 1: Lad McConkie, I mean, we had to throw a silver bullet in there.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: El bullet over one hundred and ninety yards in his first career playoff game as a rookie.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ninety yards in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Man, that dude just just turned it up another level.
Speaker 2: He was their most consistent receiver as a rookie. As a rook I can't wait to watch him grow.
Speaker 1: They need to get another outside piece for him to compliment him, or a big gas tight end you and they can do something special.
Speaker 2: Nominee number two Drake May. Oh, that's a good nominee.
Speaker 1: He looks like we found our future in New England. Kayod he had He outplayed my expectations this year under the circumstances of you know what they have, what was given, what was given. He made a lot of plays. Hopefully he can build off this.
Speaker 3: We got to get Drake May an offensive line and a wide receiver number one.
Speaker 2: Whatever it takes.
Speaker 3: We need this guy to flourish, and he will flourish no matter what the situation is. But we want to really see him blossom into the player that he can really be. So let's just get him those guys, all right. We got to want to see it. We want to see it.
Speaker 2: Got it. Definitely a true qualifier for New Dude of the Year.
Speaker 1: And you have Rapes and then our last Jaden Daniels New Dude of the Year, rookie quarterback, I mean went to NFC Championship. This kid has done things that we haven't seen from a rookie and has looked like a poised veteran all year.
Speaker 4: He's definitely a chill new dude, Yeah, no doubt about that. And he's also just so chill in the pocket as well. And he's cool, he's calm. He goes through all his reads. You see who's open. He checks it down when the checkdown is necessary. He bombs it and airs it out when that's necessary as well, when it's needed for the commanders.
Speaker 3: So I'm telling you he's the new he is the new Dude of the Year. But I can tell you this, he's not playing like a new dude. He's playing like a veteran. He's playing like a vet.
Speaker 1: He's like the I want to call him the answer, because he needed to answer like three things last He had to answer like four drives in that divisional round against Detroit. Every time Detroit scored, he answered, so he's like AI.
Speaker 3: And on top of that as well, he said one necessary in the regular season as well. I think five of their wins came down to the final last drive and he.
Speaker 2: Freaking came through. He was the answer. He was talking about Allen Iverson.
Speaker 3: Allen Iverson, he's talking about that. I'm not the actual AI technology.
Speaker 1: And yes it's Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 2: Jaden new Dude of the Year we got. We gotta said, he had an unbelievable year.
Speaker 3: He sure that he can throw the ball, he can go through all his reads, he can run the ball as well for a first down.
Speaker 2: He's a skinny.
Speaker 3: Dude out there. But let me tell you he's an athletic dude as well. And uh, players love him. Team player. He's got a great offensive coinator that's you know, helping him and developing him as well, a QB whisperer and Cliff Kingsbury.
Speaker 2: So Jade and Daniels props to you, man.
Speaker 3: I would say the experience, you know, through college has definitely set him up for success in the NFL. He's about what twenty four, twenty five years old. Yeah, that's kind of an old rookie. I got drafted at twenty years old, so he was ready to go. So great pick by the Washington commanders knowing that this guy was going to be a breakout star right away.
Speaker 1: Looks looks like he's gonna be able to build off that too with his mindset, no doubt. Let's get into our next word, rob, I think this is very appropriate, especially from the organization we came from, to all the people in the media. From that organization, Let's have media do to the year.
Speaker 3: Well, our first nominee, obviously, we're gonna go with one of the greatest players of all time, if not the greatest players player of all time.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady. Tom brady first.
Speaker 3: Year in the media in the year as being an analyst in the booth and breaking down games, commentating on games started a little slow, but that's truly understandable. That's one of the toughest jobs in the world. But let me tell you, this guy is apps alutely dominating the playoffs. You know, yes, wait, wait a minute, one of the toughest jobs in the world. You mean to tell me if you went to Gloucester, Massachusetts right now during fucking storm season and you went to those fishermen and said, hey, can you get in front of a fucking camera and talk about a game?
Speaker 1: What would they say that? You think that's tougher.
Speaker 2: Than their job.
Speaker 1: They're about to go get a million tuna and maybe not even come back.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, mentally tough, mentally tough, because you got to you may not come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you gotta be physically tough. I'm you gotta be physically tough.
Speaker 3: You got to build up that muscle strength and that risk and that bicep and just keep reeling and reeling and really in those tunas, they're hardcore. There's some three hundred pounders out there if you ask me. And then sometimes on accident, you may catch a fish, I mean, may catch a shark or something, which those are tough as well.
Speaker 2: Though, tough job, and you think you have a tuna, but you're really.
Speaker 3: There's a sar on the line that's just trying to You're just trying to reeland and then boom and you're just worn out and then you can't even catch tune after that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so Tom Brady's one of the numintees. Yeah, Tom Brady, and then our next nominee, coach Bill Belichick. Yeah, I mean media butterfly Bill Belichick. I can't even pinpoint, like what area of the media that he represented because he had like fifteen media jobs. I mean he was on the back cash, podcasting, NFL inside, did the draft, Instagram media.
Speaker 2: Now as well. Didn't do our media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doesn't doesn't help us out. He doesn't come and hang out with us.
Speaker 2: But he's a nominee. But he is a nominee. We'll give it to him and.
Speaker 1: Then our last nominee, Randy Moss. Always great watching him break down the game. He's fun. We wanted to give a shout out Team Moss. He's gonna most this cancer. He's kicking ass.
Speaker 3: I love Randy Moss's segment on ESPN You've Got It's one of the coolest segments that ESPN does. It's one of the coolest segments that they have on the pregame show on Sundays, you know, before the NFL games. But we want to give a shout out to Randy Moss Man.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 3: We know you're going through some tough times right now. We love being your teammate. Julian was a teammate for about a year and in some games I was just your teammate for three weeks, you know, throughout my rookie year, and I looked up to you big time, Moss. So we're we're hoping for the best for you, man, we're praying for you, and we know how strong you are and you're gonna come back better than ever.
Speaker 1: And he's really good in the media, Yeah, he really, he's he's fun, he's energetic. He always has a real take on certain shit, like I love watching him on TV.
Speaker 2: Drum roll, who's the winner?
Speaker 3: What's funny is we are a little biased here by picking out Patriots. But what's so funny is that when we were with the Patriots, you don't talk to the media. I know, it is like ironic that we're all in the Patriot organization and you weren't supposed to give the media anything or talk about anything and not really talk to the media. And now all Patriots are up for media dude of the Year. That's ironic, that's ironic. Ironic.
Speaker 1: All right, drum roll, who's the winner? Randy Moss Media Guy of the Year. To go out and beat this thing.
Speaker 3: Go Moss it, buddy, Brady Ballichick, You've got Moss, you.
Speaker 1: Got most and then lastly, our last award, the ultimate football Dude of the Year.
Speaker 3: Before you get onto an award, I'm thirsty. I gotta drink a little course.
Speaker 1: Get in there, buddy. Our first nominee football dude, easy Dan Campbell. We all have seen him. He is a football dude through and through. Our second nominee, Josh Allen. We had to throw a player in there, and he's a guy that looks like a football dude, grew up on a goddamn farm, transformed from jucode to Wyoming to like the best quarterback in the league. This guy's a football dude through and through. And then lastly, Little Curveball, someone that I love watching.
Speaker 3: He's reviving his career right now, reviving, reviving John Gruden.
Speaker 2: He is a football dude anytime you get to watch him.
Speaker 1: Legit, a super Bowl winning head coach go in and teach a bunch of guys and girls in a random office a playbook, pure and coaching.
Speaker 2: Him like he would coach us.
Speaker 1: When you watch that stuff, that's how we get coached and motherfucking him.
Speaker 2: That's pure football guy.
Speaker 3: And this is when you know you're the ultimate football dude too. I mean, you could just tell like, I go out to dinner and someone just random comes up to me and they want to talk football. I'm like, I'm out to dinner. I don't want to talk football. I'm always talking football. I'm on Fox. I played the game, you know, make me laugh. John Gruden, on the other hand, he wants people to come up to him and talk football. You talk football twenty four to seven, all day long, formations, special teams, players, coaches, organizational front office guys like this guy's down to talk football at all times. That's why he's on the Ultimate Football Dude list here right.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, drum roll Football Dude of the Year.
Speaker 2: I gotta go John Gruden, John Gruden, It's John Gruden, John Gruden.
Speaker 1: Man, dude's a football dude. You can see it through and through. Also want to get him on the podcast. He'd be an awesome guest. And that was the chillest dude of the week thanks to our favorite beer Corps Light Get Corps delivered right to your door. Visit corslight dot com, slash dudes.
Speaker 2: And celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: Celebrate Responsibly. Well that's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. What can we do better next?
Speaker 2: Episode.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 3: You know, I like when you asked me a lot of questions. You know, it makes me dig deep, It makes me give you one of my personal experiences that I've been through life. So if you ask me, I want you to ask me more questions throughout our episode so I can tell these people what I've.
Speaker 2: Been through through my experiences. So please, Julian, please do that. So let's go. I'll do that, all right.
Speaker 1: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, or wherever you get your podcasts, commented dude.
Speaker 2: You want us to do and remember.
Speaker 3: Rate and review and then also leave a five star review on Spotify while you're there.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Remember to follow Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 2: We will see you guys week next week. Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart
Speaker 1: Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.