Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte. This is very exciting because we have the one, the only, Andrea Boogletti who plays Derek in episode I guess it's a technically episode two, is that right? Models immortals of the original season of Sexton City, and you play this very elusive character who's much discussed and much missed over time, and it's so amazing to have you and I really appreciate you being here.
Speaker 2: You have many many questions.
Speaker 3: It's such a pleasure to be here and to see you again after.
Speaker 2: So long, I know, I mean so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think I saw you at a movie theater across from Lincoln Center for some premiere one time, and that's the last time I ever saw.
Speaker 2: One of the beds.
Speaker 1: Do you remember how there's one where we had like beds outside where I was like, what did Peggy do? Peggy remember Peggy the event planner? And they were like crazy parties. Yeah, I remember that. I remember that, and I remember thinking, because I wasn't there when you worked, you know, only sure Jessica was right, and especially back then, we moved so quickly, you know, and so like if you weren't in the storylines with the other people. You just kind of missed out and you couldn't wait to see it, you know in the finish first no better than well, I mean that's how it was, and that's how we felt about you, and I think because you played such an interesting character who was based on a real model, but you were also modeling correct before. Okay, So take me back to what your life was like in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: What you remember, Well, I really wanted to quit modeling, Okay. I had done it for four years, four and a half years, and it really burnt out and I had it up to here.
Speaker 2: It's a hard job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just grueling, the traveling, just never being able to settle down ey. Yeah, and never have a relationship. Yeah, it was just.
Speaker 2: Never have a dog over like, I don't know if you're in the dogs.
Speaker 3: Right, I just don't have a one point. I traveled more than flight attendants did.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I mean that's being super successful, but it's also very very difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you were already at the right age of twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Wow, burnt You were burnt on the modeling yeap. Okay, so you wanted to act.
Speaker 3: I wanted to act, and so I was. I got with an agency named Jamichael Bloom. Yeah, and they were handling a couple of people. More even Jamcho Bloom was handling handling a couple of people. I wanted to make the transition from modeling into acting, right, And this was the first audition, amazing, No.
Speaker 1: Way, do you remember how many times you had to go in.
Speaker 3: I went in twice.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Just the initial audition and then the callback with.
Speaker 2: Sarah, got it, got it.
Speaker 3: And to prepare for that, I went and just went to a video store and I rented any movie that I could find with Sarah and how fun. And just want to get familiar with her because I knew that I was going to have to be right in front of her and yeah, doing the lines with her, and I need to be comfortable. Yeah, I already knew her.
Speaker 2: Did it work out?
Speaker 3: It did? Actually helped a lots to.
Speaker 2: Work with she is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think sometimes right, And I mean, you're so great, You're so great. In that episode, I was like, why did we not have him back?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I was supposed to come back in the eighth episode. Then Dennis Herdman, who is Theren's boyfriend. Yes, just he said, don't take you personally. The writing just took a turn, and that's what happens. And I was really bombed. Maybe if I had been in season two, I would I might have been able to develop more of a character or something. But I know, sure season it was about all your experiences.
Speaker 1: And mister big so that is very valid. But I feel I feel two things. Number One, you know, we had these for season one. Once we got picked up here, you know, we were I was here in La, Michael was here in La, Michael Patrick King, Darren was here in La and we got picked up. But Darren had the writer's room here in LA with a bunch of writers that we literally never met. We don't even still know, Like I don't know who they are. I could see one in the hall, I wouldn't know that they were them. So we didn't have our team yet, you know, really like congealed, and later on we would get them and we would had Michael Patrick King that we had. I believe at one point we had six women writers, which was great, but we were kind of just leaping off of Candace's book and Candace had this story in there based on that other model who apparently auditioned to play himself but they told him he was too old.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, isn't it. We were friends, I know, we're friends is the magic word. Because something happened at that premiere party after it premiered and we were all there, and the party I don't remember where it was. It was somewhere on the West Side. It was a cool little club, and I don't know. This reporter came up to me from I think from the Daily News right and asked me about, you know, how it was to have been chosen to play the part and how it was shooting, and then he asked me about why he thinks that Michael Bergan didn't Why do I think Michael Bergan didn't get it? And I said, well, you know, it's probably because he's on Baywatch and he was on Baywatch at the time. Yeah, I forgot that. And this reporter added a line that I never said that really acted. It sounded like I said something bad about Michael and it ended up in the Daily News or Russian Maloy column and I remember Russian and it was just awful. It just hit me so hard and I just felt terrible and I had to put out, well, for lack of a better word, I had to put out a lot of fires. People were calling me, what the hell did you say? I mean, lesson learned.
Speaker 2: Lesson learned, for sure.
Speaker 1: But honestly, I've been doing this a long time, as you know, and there's crazy gossip has always been around us here. I'm doing the podcast where I'm literally in charge. Right. The clickbait headlines that they come up with over what I'm saying on.
Speaker 2: This podcast shock even me after thirty years. I'm like, what, Like, I made a joke one time.
Speaker 1: I should know better, right, but it's hard. I'm here talking. It's very intimate, do you know what I mean? I made a joke saying that Sarah Jessica was still mad about the bridesmaid's dresses I made. I didn't make it war that Pat made her wear in Charlotte's wedding. They're like headlines, Sara Jessica's still mad at Kristin. I'm like, oh my gosh, joke you guys, yeah, I mean, it's insane, It.
Speaker 3: Is really crazy. So anyway, with this, this reporter said, and what he printed was vocal that he says of Bergen. It's probably because he's on Baywatch and that's not sane much, so it really looks like I put him down. Oh no, I never would have done that. We were friends, but again we have not spoken since that time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh, I wish we could fix that. It's the worst.
Speaker 1: Feeling in the world when something like this happens and you can't con troll it because you're You're just a nice person in the middle of this insanity. You know, naive, well naive, but also even I mean, I'm not naive anymore, but I still say stuff that still happens, right, Yeah, that I think is fine because I know what I mean, right, But in print it can look a different way if they want to make it look a different way, right, that's the thing. So so tell me what you remember about filming the whole sequence, because obviously my favorite part is when you get back to Carrie's and you're like, can we just get lay here?
Speaker 2: Can we just cuddle? I don't know what you say. It is the cutest thing in the world. I think you're incredible.
Speaker 3: Not my lines, but yeah, I mean it was it was fun experience that day. I don't remember too much about that day, except for us having to wait a long time because like some of the girls, I don't know, there was a scene. I don't know. Maybe if you said you weren't there, then it wasn't the scene with all of you, but it was the scene with one of the others with other kin Control or Synthianni, where we had to wait a while because they were take after take after take of the same this.
Speaker 2: Is the way, this is the way.
Speaker 3: And quite ironically and our scene we never did anything more than four times. I don't think any more than.
Speaker 2: Four takes you that's amazing.
Speaker 3: But so I don't remember much about that day. I remember about being on the bed with her, just being in the apartment, moving around from the kitchen, over to the bookshelf and into the bed. But I remember that when it came time for the pan the panning up from the floor like the morning after, and I'm lying beside her, and Alison McLean was the director. I just remember to have this idea to really hide myself to that you don't even know that I'm in the bed, which is super when the camera's panning up and uh, and then you finally see me in the phone rings and it's really Stanford. Yeah yeah, oh god, God rest his soul.
Speaker 2: I know, I know I was going to get right. I want to talk about him yet.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I just remember that and it's just a really super nice day and I was I was a little bit nervous, and I asked Sarah like how am I doing? And she's like, you're great, and she's again very supporting.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me about Willy. What do you remember about Willie? Because the scene where you're in the fashion show when they come to see you, it is so so good.
Speaker 3: I don't remember much about William. I think we shot that scene in a club called Cameo.
Speaker 2: Okay. I was wondering where.
Speaker 3: Was interesting off of what was that third half?
Speaker 2: And you, I don't know. I didn't get to go there and the whole beginning.
Speaker 1: In terms of like locations, I was just like, I don't know where we are?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Are you from out here?
Speaker 1: I am from South Carolina and I had moved here right before, maybe like three years before the show, maybe more, but I did Melrose here, so I was already working here with Darren and then I got the show, but I had lived there first and then here. But I don't seem like it, Like when I see the pilot, I'm like that that girl that know nothing about New York. That's what I think to myself, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It evolved though, as you said, it evolved, It evolved for sure. But I mean I remember, like when I look back now, because I had not seen these episodes in almost thirty years. I saw them in the when they first were made. They would send us phs tapes and we would excitedly watch them. But those bars and clubs whatever, I mean, they look like they look like we just found a basement and threw some people in it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: But is that is that what they were? Like?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Are they real? I mean, is Cameo like a real place?
Speaker 3: That was a real club?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd ever been I'd maybe been there for one other event, but yeah, it was actually near my house because I lived on tenth in the Universe City. Actually funny right near Christopher bump into him a few times.
Speaker 2: But also what a great address. That's dreamy, Albert. How great?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you go on the show. It goes, well, you think you're going to be an episode eight.
Speaker 2: They had told you this.
Speaker 3: I was put on a veil, okay, and it canceled I think three weeks before.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't even remember what episode eight is neither interesting.
Speaker 3: You should have watched it again.
Speaker 2: Darn it, don't know. That's okay? But and then you never heard anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were discussed. Yeah, I want to come back in one of the movies. I thought maybe they'd called me back. Maybe Derek comes back, and he's not not so much of a nice guy.
Speaker 1: And so many things, so many things. And then, I mean, I feel like we talked about you forever and everybody was always like, where's Derek.
Speaker 2: Where's Derek?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Where is he?
Speaker 2: What happened to him? Why can't we see him?
Speaker 3: I remember being at the second year, the wrap party for your second season, and all of the girls, all of you were the bone.
Speaker 1: The yes because we were always just talking about you and waiting for you to come back.
Speaker 3: I missed you, girls. I mean I cried. Actually, you know the last day of my third day of filming was at Silver Cup Studios, Yes, and I asked to be dropped off I mean I was being dropped off at like five thirty in the morning. That's how we rolled in the night of shooting. Yes, and I asked to be dropped off two and a half blocks or three blocks from my house and and I just remember fully crying, and I had this little video camera with me, and I was filming myself. I was doing a selfie before selfie. Wow, filming myself crying because I was just it was so emotional. I had such a nice time and a fun time doing that.
Speaker 4: And yeah, so wow, wow, Well we missed out by not having you back because your energy in that episode with her, because she's so kind of you know, she's thinking, and she's so kind of crackly and you know, together and you're just.
Speaker 1: So simple but also so beautiful. Like it's such an interesting contrast.
Speaker 2: And then also Willie's.
Speaker 1: So like, you know, uh into you, and you know, doing his whole stick really like you know of like I'm your manager, but I'm really in love with you.
Speaker 2: There's just so much great stuff.
Speaker 1: I wish that we had had a better My memory of the first season is that we didn't know if we were a comedy or if we were supposed to be pushing the sexuality.
Speaker 2: So like one week Darren would say like funny, everyone has to be funny, come on, be.
Speaker 1: Funny, and we would just be like, uh, did you change the script or we're just supposed to be funnier with what's written, Like what do you mean?
Speaker 2: And then the next week you'd be like sexy er and I'd.
Speaker 1: Be like me, me, me, like really, like there's no I'm not okay, but what you know, we were very much.
Speaker 3: I mean, it got it work so well, it did.
Speaker 1: I mean it worked well eventually, I think because HBO allowed us to flail around like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's funny. They cut one line from my whole, from everything that I did in those three days, and maybe it was too risky. At the moment break before we Sarah and I get into the cab to go to her apartment, I said, you know, I can't take these crowds, you know, to me whatever, I need to get out of here. And I said, I have a joint. I didn't cut that before you get in the cab, and they cut that. Yeah, that's so that's too risque. That was too pushing the pushing it too far for.
Speaker 2: That that's crazy.
Speaker 3: First ever episode after the pilot.
Speaker 1: That's so crazy because it makes perfect sense. Also, I do think that might be the last time I remember her talking to camera because you get in the cab and then she has to like turn isn't that when she has to turn over.
Speaker 2: The cab and talk to the camera, which is so awkward and weird. There's a lot of fans who were like, we love the talking to the camera, but can you imagine like you're doing a scene and then you just have to be like love blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Like it's very very strange as an actor, very strange. Okay, so let's get back to you. So you do this, you're sad, which breaks my heart. I wish we had had more sense. I don't think we had a plan. I think we were just rolling with it. Obviously a mistake on our part.
Speaker 2: What did you do? What went on? Did you model more? Did you no?
Speaker 3: I mean I I modeled a little bit. I mean the big mistake that I did was I was at a movie premiere party one time and I went with a casting director named Todd Taylor and anyway, not important, but somebody from William Morris saw me and saw me there with Todd and and wanted to have a meeting with me to go and and meet with them for representation. And I made the big mistake of making that lead that jumped to William Morris because that was yah. And and also I just booked something with J. Michael Bloom and it's it's great, little small someone told me, you know, strike while the kettle's hot.
Speaker 2: They're not wrong.
Speaker 3: It just was the wrong move. Really regret doing that. And then and then that piece that came out really hurt me. It really hurt my confidence too, and it's just so yeah, so it was a kind of threw me off course a little bit. But of course I modeled a little bit here and there, because I mean I was officially retired. But but you know, they throw some really good money at you to do something like all right, sure, you know, I'll do the Carolina Herrera fragrance too on to launch the campaign. And yeah, so I did that for a while. I feel like I just basically partied in New York for six years.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't think you were alone. Yeah, I mean that was what people did.
Speaker 3: Yeah nights, I mean I remember many, many, many a day awake you have at two or three pm? Wow, So you know, I had just come off of working really successfully in the in the fashion world and and just uh, I don't know, just having fun in the city. Yeah, yeah, having sex in the city too, So I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure you did. Now let me ask you this. Did you know Candice Bushnell before?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: I met her on set? I think that first.
Speaker 4: Day got it.
Speaker 2: And then were you guys friends? Did you? We don't say too much, sorry.
Speaker 3: We know we became friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, cool, because.
Speaker 1: I know the pictures of you out there and I didn't know maybe she knew you before because she did know everybody, you know, she didn't know everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a fun girl. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And did you feel at the time had you read her column in the book, like did you know the.
Speaker 3: Whole nothing about it before and got it?
Speaker 1: So you didn't necessarily know, oh this was this was Candace's life that it was based on.
Speaker 2: You didn't really realize.
Speaker 3: I think I was learning that on set that day, got it. If I was even paying attention to that, I think there was just more paying attention to being in the city you had to do. Yeah, but obviously learned that at some point afterwards interest and that got the book. Well, she gave me a copy of the book. Sure, and yeah, so it was She's Yeah, fond memories of her. She's she's a fun, crazy character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 1: I mean she created something incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly so. And then Darren Starr did you.
Speaker 3: So I didn't know Darren either, and wonderful meeting him. And I just remember, remember when I finished, I sent flowers to Darren and to Sarah, thanking them for a wonderful experience.
Speaker 2: You're like too good to be in this world.
Speaker 3: I don't feel I was so good at the time. Actually, I feel like life is almost imitated art since doing those scenes.
Speaker 2: Wow, because hey, I.
Speaker 3: Was not shy and apprehensive with women.
Speaker 2: Got it? I mean I was like, you know, I understand you were feeling your power.
Speaker 3: Traveling all over the world.
Speaker 2: Definitely fed into got it my lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Well that is interesting because that's what was so disarming about you on camera is that you were so beautiful and we are introduced to you in the modeling world and Stanford like gushing over you, and then you're just like disarmingly like real and like this is overwhelming, and you know, you don't see that coming at all. Like I didn't really even remember how good it was, Like, you know, so many things. I don't remember how good. I had kind of thought, oh, the first season, we just didn't know what we were doing.
Speaker 2: When I look back on it and I'm like, no, there's everything's amazing. They're not.
Speaker 1: It's not gelled one hundred percent how it would end up being. But it's all there and all working, you know, and you especially, and then for some reason we just talk about you forever and Willie talks about your Stanford. Everyone's mixed up in my mind right, the real person and the fake person.
Speaker 2: But you know, I remember.
Speaker 1: Talking about you, and I like, you know, do you know every outfit at s ATC.
Speaker 2: It's on the Instagram.
Speaker 3: It's the Instagram, every outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you don't know them.
Speaker 1: They they have we love we know them, we love them. They have a thing that began they had gone I think to Pratt. They had gone to fashion school, and they loved Pat Field and her creativity and kind of like, you know, really incredible uniqueness of our costume design. And they started a thing where they would analyze every outfit that was how they began.
Speaker 2: I think they're called.
Speaker 1: Just every outfit now they ended up going now they're a podcast.
Speaker 2: They first they were just Instagram.
Speaker 1: They used to talk about you a lot, like they're going to be very jealous that I have.
Speaker 3: You have an outfit on this.
Speaker 1: I think they must have discussed or they must have discussed like where did you go?
Speaker 2: Why only ever get you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have.
Speaker 1: Theories of what happened to you? Did you move to Iowa? Do we say in the show that you moved to Iowa? I think we might.
Speaker 3: I don't know, we might.
Speaker 2: I think Derek quits the business.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to move to Iowa and be a cop, have kids and be a cop.
Speaker 1: I think that's what we say, which is crazy and weird.
Speaker 2: It must have been based on something I.
Speaker 3: Know I was. I was Stanford's only client ever on the show, right correct you saw?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes you were, and literally I think the only one we ever heard of for a long time until and just like that, and then he had another client that then he goes to Kyoto and becomes a monk, which you know, we unfortunately had to do. I wanted him to have a you know, a fictional place where we could picture him at peace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was that was our idea, per sweet Willy. I'm not going to cry.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but thank you, oh your hands let me okay, so let me ask you, how on earth did you get into real estate?
Speaker 3: I got into real estate. It was just a moment of being.
Speaker 2: Out here and really, you moved out here.
Speaker 3: Well, I moved out here in two thousand and three. Actually I probably never should have left New York. Oh, I mean I should have stayed for a little while longer. But anyway, it was this opportunity. A bunch of my friends had moved out here, and I just came out. I actually booked a ticket to come out, but I didn't pay for it. I let it expire, and then magically got booked on a job that weekend to shoot another little editorial with Matthew Ralston.
Speaker 2: This photographer I know, Matthew Ralston.
Speaker 1: He filled one of our crazy promos in the white Hat where we have to lip sync.
Speaker 2: Oh great, yeah, yeah, he's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So came out that weekend and he took me for a high cup running canyon and I was just looking out on the city and I said, Wow, this is really nice and I love nature so much.
Speaker 2: And I ended up here too. Yeah, not Matthew Rolson, but similar.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: So my friends said, you know, Andrea, I think you belong here. I said, okay, basically I went back to New York, was going to Italy for my summer vacation. But basically two months after being back from that vacation, I closed up shop and I moved that.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow.
Speaker 3: And I'd already been living in Borham Hill for one year. I sold my apartment on Tenth Street, moved to Borham Hell, thinking I would rebuy somewhere else in Manhattan, and never did. Once one foot was out, the other left.
Speaker 2: As I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I just think New York is an interesting thing because on the one hand, obviously I'm back there all the time and I do love it.
Speaker 2: But I love living here too.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so crazy. It is hectic there.
Speaker 1: It is you can get a little worn out. So you're a real estate agent in the policy.
Speaker 3: Yes, so tell us, Yes, I came out it was a real estate agent and you will be again. Yeah, I mean, let's hope. I mean the office is still standing, miraculously. Everything around it burned unbelievable. Everything except for Caddy Corner is the start of Recruso's village or that long line of shops there.
Speaker 1: Yes, but maybe his guys like put the fire hose over on your building.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We got some overspray from when he was maybe maybe, but yeah, So been doing that and I don't know when I'll be back in the Palisades. I mean, I really loved going there because many times I live in Venice Beach, I'll hop on my motorcycle and just shoot up and right up the pch and up Chicago and office, and I really loved that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to happen again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to take a while, but that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at least you didn't live there, so so that's good and good that that you're okay. Yeah, but I feel for everybody obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've been doing this for four and a half years after so I was getting to how I got into it. I had just been volunteering so much time for so many different causes, environmental causes, political activism, working on presidential campaigns, and even on the Obama reelection campaign. I trained people to come into that campaign and how to speak to people and how to phone call, and so I was just sort of at a point where I'm so depleted. I mean, I haven't done anything for myself. I haven't made any money in so long. So decided I was walking by some open houses and went into one, and I saw the price and I'm like, oh my god, this is how much they cost now, because you know, I had bought mine years before, and decided, yeah, maybe I'll get my real estate license and sell houses. Coolso aren't you still filming the reboot right now?
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 1: We don't call it reboot, Yes, we call it a continuation. I think I think that's our official work because it's not we're not it's not Sex and City and just like that. And we have new characters, which is nice, and it's we're just trying to be where those people would be in their lives. So obviously we're not dating necessarily, though Miranda has blown her life up and is.
Speaker 2: Dating, but it's very different. We're not.
Speaker 1: It's not about finding love in the way that Sex and City was about. It's about aging and your relationships, and you're figuring yourself out as you go still.
Speaker 2: Because it never really ends, does it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I don't know if I described that well, but yes, we are still filming.
Speaker 3: Well I have to see it. I mean, was it already second or third?
Speaker 2: Where the third is coming?
Speaker 1: It hasn't come yet, which is somewhat miraculous that we're getting to do it, you know, like it's obviously every time everyone thinks I think, I don't really know what people think, but it seems like everyone thinks that were you know, this big franchise, and people just give us things, you know, here, do a movie, here, do another show. No, every single time we have to go repitch. We have to kind of basically like come like please, you know, please every single time. Because we're you know, we're a female based franchise. It just doesn't really happen that much, you know. I can't think of another one that really has happened.
Speaker 2: So we're very lucky.
Speaker 3: The success that this show had is just crazy, because it is crazy. Also, I was in Sedona, Arizona, a year and a half ago. No, actually it was, was it? No, it was spring twenty twenty four and went to the Devil's Bridge, which is this hike.
Speaker 2: And I've been there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, did you walk out on it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's scary. It's scary. Yeah, those winds, it's like hectic.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we were walking back and trying to I was trying to find the parking We were trying to find the parking lot with a friend of mine, and this other group was with us, and there was this younger girl and this other guy and anyway, at some point, this guy comes up to me and said, Hey, I just have to ask you a question from my niece. She's seventeen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: She wants to know were you on Sex and the City. Wow? Oh my god, I a seventeen year old, you know.
Speaker 2: I know, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's netflixing new and still recognized me.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that's impressive.
Speaker 4: I love that time.
Speaker 2: Ye, yeah, I love it. I know it is really odd, on on and on.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is crazy and really hard to even like let really fully sink in sometimes, you know, Like that's part of the reason I did this podcast is because when I'm out in the world, the different people who come and talk to me, it's just amazing, you know. And I thought this is so lucky and unusual and obviously we really worked hard, obviously, but you know, it's just you can really work hard and it still won't happen that way. You know, like it's not always in relationship to how hard you work, but you couldn't find the people who care about it more.
Speaker 2: You know, a group of people who care about it more.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I said that sounds right, but like all my podcast people are.
Speaker 2: Like, everyone cares so much.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yes, this is why we continue to do it and why.
Speaker 2: We loved it. You know, we lived like our baby.
Speaker 1: We loved it so much, and the fact that it lives on is really amazing. And that's why I'm doing this to kind of bring everyone together and share our memories and also create community in terms of like all the new people watching it versus all the original people who watched it. And I feel like it's a bridge and there's so few of those in today's world, you know, where you can kind of connect people of different generations, from different places, of different ethnicities. Everybody has, you know, opinions and feelings about it, and I love that. So let me ask you a really weird question. I haven't asked a man this yet. Are you a Charlotte?
Speaker 3: Oh I was. I looked up the background of your character on the show.
Speaker 2: Actually you never.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, I'm slowly becoming a Charlotte like that transition. Okay, for the past ten or twelve years, I get it.
Speaker 2: That's how it is. You can be one and then you transition to another.
Speaker 3: Relationship started getting longer. Yeah, wanting more to settle down someone nice. But it's not always so easy.
Speaker 2: It's not easy. I'm singles. I fully understand.
Speaker 1: I fully understand me too, right, But I mean, this is the thing I think is important.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be a Charlotte. I wouldn't think badly if you said no, no, I'm a Samantha.
Speaker 2: I'd be like cool, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: They all have their own thing, And I think part of it is just like owning who you are, right, But sometimes it's owning the changes that are happening.
Speaker 2: Also, you are such a sweetheart to come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so nice, and we really really were so stupid not to have you back. Sorry, say love, say love you for sure, But I just want to be the boring to say that now because I'm here and you know, I think I just feel like when I watched, I was like, it was such a different note that you brought, like a different energy, a different vibe that I felt like we needed, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was really wonderful and I was so happy to be a part of the experience.