Speaker 1: It's Friday. We got a brand new podcast for you.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Brick and Jeff for a Second Date Update podcast. And I am just going to be floored flamoxed? Is that fox?
Speaker 1: Is that a word?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's not a word? Is welmox? And that's really flummoxed on this show.
Speaker 2: If anyone agrees with this guy's lifestyle choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it wouldn't be a deal breaker for you, because dude, or if anyone else does it, like that's true, that would actually be even more rare.
Speaker 1: In the comments plea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please let us know in the comments your thoughts on this one because we love riadom.
Speaker 1: It's one of our favorite things to do during the day. And alexis, what are some of your favorites you're seeing?
Speaker 4: I saw them from des He said, lots of love from Tokyo.
Speaker 3: You make my day every day since a fresh one is always ready when I cycle to work.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's work? Wait, show off? Well you know I bet you got great calves decks.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, let's get this Second Date Update podcast started.
Speaker 6: My dog loves it when I bring people home on the first date. Does he gets all excited. His tail sticks straight up and he runs into the other room so he can watch us through the one way mirror that we put in mirror just for your dog. So Bagel has seen things that he will never forget. Wow, he's just trained to go to the room and watch have so many questions. He doesn't need it, but I'll tell you he's never seen what happened in today's second date update where a guy was invited back to hang out at his dates place. They spent hours there and what happened the entire room is still trying to process. Yeah, in total disbelief. You have to hear it in your brand new second date update.
Speaker 1: He's so much like Bagel right now.
Speaker 6: Honestly, Oh, you enjoy right after this second date update. First impressions are everything.
Speaker 1: They're pretty important.
Speaker 6: Like, Brook, what did you think when you first met me that very first day. I mean, I remember you trying to put your hands all over me, But what thoughts you were dancing around in your mind?
Speaker 1: I think you were a promotion kid. I don't know that you left a huge mark on me, Jeff, I don't know.
Speaker 6: She was leading the claw marks onto me. That was the main thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: She's been cruel for self preservation.
Speaker 5: I guess. Well.
Speaker 6: What I do know is first impressions can make or break a romantic connection.
Speaker 1: You were scared, That's what I remember.
Speaker 6: That's just the look in Brook's eyes when she was eyeing my entire body.
Speaker 3: It was I was.
Speaker 6: But with first impressions, sometimes it could be the smile that stands out. It could be the outfit. It could be something you didn't even expect, Like what's happening below the.
Speaker 3: Ankles, below the ankles, some action, You got some planner fascy items going on down there.
Speaker 5: Girl.
Speaker 6: It's working for me. And I'll just say our listener, Derek had a very interesting first impression with his date. So let's find out about it. Derek, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Please tell me it's above the ankles.
Speaker 6: We'll find out. What's this girl's name that you met recently?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I recently met Julia on a dating app.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that where you're talking about the first impression or the first impression when you met in person.
Speaker 5: No, it was when we met in person. And I know this is going to sound kind of weird, but she was not quite as cute as her pictures. Okay, well, but here's the weird part. Not until later on in.
Speaker 1: The date, were you drinking?
Speaker 5: No, not exactly. The impression I got is that she kind of forgot about the date and she came in right from a workout.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes sense, so she wasn't all done up? I see right, right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Did she get cuter?
Speaker 2: Like the more you got to know her, because I know some people that, Yeah, Like after you know him, you're like, oh my god, I could see why they're so attractive.
Speaker 6: Just talking about me again here we're talking to Derek about him and Julia.
Speaker 5: That was definitely part of it. But there were also like some circumstances like as the date progressed, oh.
Speaker 6: It started raining and and so then she was twirling in the rain.
Speaker 5: That would be interesting. Basically, the best part was is that even though she looked a little like frazzled, I could tell that she had like a cool vibe. I could tell she was really stylish. I could tell she was confident, and like the conversation was really flowing. We were talking about like travel. I had just gone to London last year, and she went to Paris two years ago. We were sharing stories about that.
Speaker 1: Can I ask, do we know where you are? Like what did you guys do?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah. We met at this like rooftop bar. It was great. We met for drinks and we were like we got a little food and we were like eating off each other's plate. Whoa yeah, And honestly, you kind of got like messy would be the way I would describe it.
Speaker 6: Like, yes, let's talk about this, Let's get into the messy stuff. Messy on a rooftop or how messy did we get?
Speaker 5: I would say it was like a date brought to you by ty Togo.
Speaker 6: Spilled.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I did. I did a couple things. She made a mess on the cloth napkins and she like spilled salsa, but it made it look like they were like bloody napkins. And we were laughing about it. It was like part of the fun of the day. And I like, that's something that ran through my mind, is like I hope she doesn't just think I'm this like swab of a guy. But she was just as messy as me, So I don't think that was it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, who cares if you inconvenienced everybody in the bar and all the employees there. As long as the two of you were vibing, really, that's all that matters in this scenario.
Speaker 5: And the fair, fair, fair.
Speaker 6: That's good. So how did that night end?
Speaker 5: Well, so this is where I'm like pretty sure that I didn't read the vibes wrong. Right. So at the end, she was like, I'm sorry, you know what, I feel really gross, like I didn't get a chance to like clean up, And she was like, do you want to come over and I'll like clean up? And I don't think she would have like asked me over if she wasn't into the date and wasn't feeling it.
Speaker 6: No, I had this guy texting her friends, I'm just gonna invite him over for a couple hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well maybe she wanted him to clean her up, like she needed an assistant to help them do it, like.
Speaker 1: A pair of monkeys picking bugs out of each.
Speaker 6: Other's hairs done it before.
Speaker 2: No, that is definitely a green flag. I don't know if it's a green flag that she wants a relationship with you, but it definitely means that she likes you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, did you say yes to that invite?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, we hung out for like several hours and it was getting late. We were in bed. We didn't like go all the way. I'm not gonna really to get into the details of that, but I didn't say the whole night because I was like, I actually do have to work the next day, so I needed to be in my space, you know. And I left really late and we had like been in bed together, and I just hope, I don't know, I hope I didn't make her feel bad about leaving.
Speaker 6: It's possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe do you believe a guy who says I have work in the morning and I have to go day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people work on the weekends too.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could just see where she may be like, oh man, he didn't like me.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 7: I like the question though, did you tell her that, like, did you explain anything the next day?
Speaker 5: Or oh? Yeah? The first text that I sent to her was on my way to work, that was like, hope you slept well and last night was great and we'll talk soon.
Speaker 1: Did she respond to that text?
Speaker 5: So that's just it. It's been seven or eight days. I have texted her a few times to like check in. I haven't been completely ghosted, but I just am not getting back a lot. Like in the big I got like one word answers and now it's kind of like trailed off.
Speaker 6: She's like, yeah, well, hopefully we get more than one word answers. We have to leave a good first impression with her. Old things about first impression.
Speaker 1: Her first impression was she wasn't that cute, So we're good at that.
Speaker 6: We'll just try and do it the normal way when we come back, call Julia and get you your second date update. Right after this hold on second date update, I'm going to do a quick recap here on the second date update if you're just joining us listener. Derek met Julia at a rooftop bar for drinks and super messy food. She had apparently comes straight from a workout, so at the end of the date, she invited Derek to come back to her place because she wanted to freshen.
Speaker 1: Up and put on something more comfortable. I mean, honestly, is there a better question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, to ask, we know what that usually means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that felt good, and it did lead to them in bed.
Speaker 6: They did lie in the same bed at some point because Derek stayed He said half the night or a quarter of the night. Yeah, I'm not really sure how to explain it, but yeah, didn't stay the whole night. But now he is not getting a callback and isn't sure why, and that brings us to this moment right here. And remember he said he's not fully being ghosted. But it's like little short answers.
Speaker 4: Something's off.
Speaker 2: It's weird that there's such a turn, such a turn in that energy from her.
Speaker 6: Derek, did we miss anything that you did wrong or that you could have done?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't think so. Like I said, I just I don't know what's going on. I really like this girl. I've heard you guys help people before. I've heard people like try to help people. Yeah, but like you get to the bottom of a misunderstanding, and like I've heard people have a second date and get past the problem. So I'd like to just know what the problem is so I can fix it.
Speaker 1: That's emotional maturity, will you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't know what I like that here, but that's fine, we'll work with it. Let's call Julia. We'll see if she picks up and get those answers you want. Here we go.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Thank you, really stop being so nice. It's irritating where we go.
Speaker 7: She's obviously the problem. Hello, Hi, we're gonna speak with Julia.
Speaker 5: It's a ship.
Speaker 6: Hey Julia, thanks for picking up Julia, I said, we because you're on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen very often, I'm sure, mostly because there's not very many radio shows left.
Speaker 6: That's part of it. And this is a segment that we do on our show called a second date update.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I think I think this one's gonna be good. Honestly, I think you're going to be excited about that.
Speaker 6: I got a good guy, and I hope this doesn't sound weird. But we heard you went out with a guy named Derek recently.
Speaker 4: Oh no, what.
Speaker 1: It sounded like you were into Derek.
Speaker 6: Maybe it could just be that she's like nervous on the radio. Tell her again and you can react again. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 4: No, I've definitely not been on the radio. But I don't really want to talk about Derek either.
Speaker 6: Well, Derek told us about the hangout you two had the other night, and it sounded really fun. The way he described it.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 2: I mean you got to understand how he's confused. You invited him to like hang out at your place and now nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well so I did invite him over and we were having a great time. But he was over for quite a while and he never took his shoes off in your.
Speaker 1: House or in your apartment?
Speaker 6: Is that a rule that you have, like you take your shoes off when you come in.
Speaker 2: I mean there's always two types of places, right, the shoes on or shoes offu.
Speaker 6: Plaes are encouraged get.
Speaker 1: Everything out of with Then I have friends who even for parties shoes off.
Speaker 6: Did you tell him that?
Speaker 4: Well, so, yes, I definitely I am a shoe kind of off person. But it was our first date. But we're just sitting on the couch, It's okay. Was it completely walking around my apartment?
Speaker 2: And and it can really ruin your outfit, like you're on a first date.
Speaker 1: You play on the look like who knows what kind of socks he had on? Maybe that was the issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if you think about that, take them off, skirt and you're in socks.
Speaker 6: You guys know exactly how men think? So true, they.
Speaker 2: Meant there's a lot of shoeheads out there that love their shoes.
Speaker 1: How you go together?
Speaker 6: Okay, did you consider that? Julia?
Speaker 4: Sure? And I didn't want to be rude either, and so that's why later when we were watching TV and getting kind of comfortable with each other and everything, I was like, do you want to get comfortable and take your shoes off? And he was like no, oh, and that was.
Speaker 5: Part of weird.
Speaker 1: That's really funny because it's hard to snuggle with shoes on. You means it right, It means that your feet are always on the ground.
Speaker 4: But it gets worse, you guys, it gets worse.
Speaker 6: How does it get worse?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I don't. I mean maybe he didn't tell you, but we did end up in my bed. Yeah, weird with his shoes still on.
Speaker 6: What okay, he got me?
Speaker 1: He got into your bed with his shoes on. Ew, that would be uncomfortable and disgusting.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: How did you react when he did that?
Speaker 4: I was appalled and I'm like, what are you doing? Get your shoes off of my bed? And He's like, this is my thing. I don't take my shoes off, And I'm like, wow, am I in the Twilight Zone? Are you insane? You know, I didn't say anything. I think I just kind of freaked out and faithfully he left like twenty thirty minutes later.
Speaker 2: I think that like the clothes that you wore for the day, or gross in your bed, like the things you sit on and touch and move around, like the bottom of your shoes are all over everything.
Speaker 6: Because I'm not I did not.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I did not expect it to be an issue that I keep my shoes on.
Speaker 6: That's really shoe boys on the phone, Yeah, Julia, that's Derek. He's been listening this entire time on the other line.
Speaker 4: Really, it's not really Derek, is it.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's me.
Speaker 6: How's it going?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't really believe that that's the reason you're not like returning my decks.
Speaker 1: Well, what, you've never heard that complaint before?
Speaker 4: You don't know anything. No, do you know anyone else who wears their shoes as much as you do?
Speaker 5: I've been doing this, like a really long time. This has been kind of my thing for like fifteen years. I wear shoes twenty three and a half hours a day.
Speaker 1: Maybe what's break for it?
Speaker 6: Like a shower hopefully?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Basically when I shower.
Speaker 2: I take the shoes like a comfort, like a security blanket type of thing.
Speaker 6: Do you have feet or is it the fashion thing that the girls were saying.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean the best thing I can describe it. Like, I am definitely as a person an extrovert, but my feet are introverted.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And plus, if you think about it, it is a lot more efficient. It saves me like two to three minutes in the morning. That really adds up. That's a couple extra hours a month.
Speaker 4: I don't right your shoes off to put your pants on and then put.
Speaker 5: Them back on. Who's taking their pants off? I'm not taking my pants off with her.
Speaker 1: Both women to take your pants off kind of skill.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, if you take tear away pants, then you don't have to take them off over your shoes. They're very useful.
Speaker 1: I actually think there could be a solution to all of this.
Speaker 2: Like I hear you you got your shoe saying whatever that's you man? Is there a way you could get like house slippers where you could like at least switch.
Speaker 5: From definitely not Look, I live a no barefoot decisions lifestyle. If I want to be ready, I want to stay ready right now.
Speaker 6: That's a point.
Speaker 1: It's not a good point, Jeff.
Speaker 6: It is if there's a fire, he is going to be the first one out, run out barefoot, but not as quickly.
Speaker 1: I think you would run equally as fast as.
Speaker 6: It's like you with your glasses. If you take your glasses off, you're lost in this year handicap. You can't get out the door.
Speaker 1: That's because I can't see it, Jeff.
Speaker 6: It's because your glasses are introverts. Yeah, they're shy. They need to be on your face if feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: It would make my eyes introverts, not my glasses.
Speaker 6: Your whole body's weird, weird. We have no confidence. I feel like we're come into common ground here.
Speaker 1: So really he said, notice slippers.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, ground that the shoes stand on. So let's offer to send you guys out on another date. We would pay for it. Julia, what do you think give him one more chance?
Speaker 2: Care?
Speaker 4: I honestly can't. It's so strengh No, I don't think I can adapt. Oh, he's not willing to adapt. Why should I.
Speaker 3: I think that this is I know you said that you've never heard this as a problem before, but this has got to be part of an issue with every woman you've ever been with. Yeah, there's like even socks on in bed are an issue for most women.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's never really come up. But also I haven't been like actively dating. Like seriously, I.
Speaker 6: Think, Julie, you've.
Speaker 4: Heard of a farmer's can I can't imagine his shoe tan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just say you need to work through it.
Speaker 5: I mean to me, it's not a problem, it's a strength.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll be mature. I don't so you deserve to be with someone who agrees with you, maybe all kind of a twenty three hour wearing girl, and you'll there is.
Speaker 6: A woman out there who has her shoes on all the time, and she's going to be appreciative when she finally walks into the room and sees you.
Speaker 1: How much you want to bet his soul may works at a shoe store, Matren.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, man, you tried.
Speaker 5: What can I say?
Speaker 6: We're sorry, Yeah, but we'll be here for you if you ever need our support in the future. Okay, some arch support, of course, is what I mean. Working Jeffrey in the morning. You know, it's funny. We've had a lot of guys come through the show in the last year not a lot of shoe guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was so weird. Yeah, I was trying to be open.
Speaker 2: He's got his shoe anxiety or something like feed anxiety.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 6: I was trying to think it would be worse if he never took shoes off, or if he never put shoes on.
Speaker 1: I would take no shoes ye, more normal, like when you.
Speaker 6: Go to a wedding, he's gonna be shoeless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but I would take that over the shoes.
Speaker 6: I mean, I am kind of surprised that nobody in his life has brought this up to him in the last like fifteen years. That's he's pretty unlikely. It's weird, but I guess some people get confidence from like a nice haircut, some people get it from a nice dress.
Speaker 1: Some people just get it from being single for a long time.
Speaker 6: Because they keep their shoes on for twenty three and a half hours every day. I notice you have a lot of shoes, are just one pair always?
Speaker 2: I mean there were so many more questions that I had as Yeah, I try not to make it about me.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's true. Well, we'll definitely have him back on for like a full interview. Yea, yeah, we'll just we'll get the exclusive. But if you want help with your dating life, we can help you with that. Email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second date updates. They're available online wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey, Brooke
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey in the Morning,