Speaker 1: What's that at bed? It's spooky and joy I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I'm ghosted.
Speaker 2: I guess that says, please, hey boo, it's me raz Okay. I got a good old fashioned ghosted episode for you today because I'm talking to someone that knows the shit. I am talking to one of the leading paranormal investigators in the field today from the TV show Kindred Spirits, Adam Berry. Adam was on a couple months back with Amy Bruney, who he co hosts the TV show Kindred Spirits with, and I love them both. It's my first time just having a chat with Adam by himself, and he is very funny.
Speaker 1: We had a great time and we talked about eBay dolls. But I put that part on Patreon this week Patreon dot com slash rasdrez fales link in the description of this episode. And I'm also yeah, I'm still doing weekly podcasts on there on my second tier, and I've been doing this thing where who knows how long it's gonna last. But I'm going in alphabetical order by American US states and looking at the weirdness and paranormalness of each state, and oh my god, it's really leading me to like way more weirdness, like Alaska weird, Arizona freaky, deeky. So it's been really fun and I'm learning a lot. So you could go check that out if you want. I don't have.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, my little ghost story thing that I told last week, there is there's still more to the story. I'm gonna hold off just a little bit before I share much more, just because like we're still seeing what shapes out. I think it might be done. Ugh, I don't know. I talked to a medium friend of mine who was like, Oh, it's just somebody who's just like trying to get your attention. So I was right. I think I was right. It's you know, nothing evil. But I'll have more to report, I hope. If not, I'll just conclude it soon anyway.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, my email ghosted by ras at gmail dot com. I don't know how this happens. I guess somehow when you say your email publicly or I don't know which one of you sign me up for Wiener enhancement pills or whatever. There's so much junk mail. There's somebody named Steve that says they're Steve Harvey. I don't know if it's that Steve Harvey, but like messaging me about car insurance and shit, like Steve Harvey hosts like eighteen TV shows. That's not who's emailing me about insurance or whatever it is. There's just so much junk in there, so I apologize that, like good emails are getting lost, but please keep sending me your ghost stories. The subject line I think helps if you put like, if you have a story that you want me to read, like, write it out all nice, like not too long, but you know, a decent amount of detail, and just write like I got a ghost story for you, or I don't know something in the subject line, something with the word ghost in it. And if you want to be in a listener episode, which I think would be fun to do, just write listener episode in the subject line and then just give me bullet points of some of the stuff that we could talk about together. That would be great. I haven't been reading ghost stories. I've pre recorded a bunch of episodes for the next few weeks. Even today's episode we recorded a couple weeks back. But I want to be reading ghost stories and or doing listener episodes, so send it on over. Anyway, Let's just get into our conversation between me and Adam because it's fun and yeah, I guess that's it. So without further ado, here's me talking to paranormal investigator Adam Barry on with the show. Oh my god, Adam Berry is back. Hello, Adam Barry.
Speaker 4: I am here in the flesh, drinking my coffee, ready to talk.
Speaker 3: All the tea.
Speaker 1: How are you. The last time you were here was with Amy and you guys were talking about your new season of Kindred Spirits, which is now fully aired. And now I get I get to buy yourself.
Speaker 3: I know this is exciting. I'm good.
Speaker 4: Season six was aired is one of the best seasons that we have ever done. It was so well received. People are clamoring. Like the second the finale aired. The next day, people were like, when's the next season? And I'm like, girls, we have to go out. We have to go out and like film it. We can't just like produce it out of thin air. But it's it was really great, well received and I feel like I just talked to you yesterday, but it's been at least six months, right.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: It was like December or something. The last time we talked, it's been Are we still in a pandemic? I don't know what's happening. Time does has no meaning, and time is now. I know I can't keep up. But every time I talk to somebody that like, just did some a bunch of ghost hunting? Do you say ghost hunting? How do you feel about that word?
Speaker 4: I mean, I honestly don't care. I mean, I guess it doesn't matter to me. We aren't hunting them.
Speaker 3: We aren't.
Speaker 4: We are looking for them, So I think investigating ghosts is more appropriate. Until they create like an actual like Ghostbusters gun that traps them in a box, we're not really hunting them.
Speaker 1: I caught me a big one.
Speaker 4: I gotta be a ghost. He's got sixteen at horns. I mean, I think, I don't know. It seems very I say whatever you say, whatever you want to say, ghost hunting, paranormal investigating. Sometimes if I'm riding something, I'm like, how many times am I going to say like supernatural exploration or paranormal investigation or ghosts hunting? I mean, there's only so many ways you can label what we do.
Speaker 3: I guess for people.
Speaker 1: That it just like rolls off the tongue, like ghost hunting, Like I don't know, I just I just like I always say that, but yeah, I'm gonna ask you. It's like when when somebody goes supernatural investigating a bunch, I'm always like, do you have any new theories or did you did you gather anything from your experiences this last time where you're like, wait a minute, now, I'm starting to think this might be real or like anything of that nature for me personally?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or was it the same old ghosts doing the same old ghosts?
Speaker 3: Thing?
Speaker 4: Never is, Look, it's never the same all. If it were the same, all we'd all get bored and stop doing it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like they got to reinvent themselves. They're like Share, Yeah, I mean I think Share is never dying.
Speaker 4: By the way, She's just she's probably already a ghost and living her life and we don't even know it.
Speaker 1: Literally looks younger than me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she like did some sort of incantation spell at one point, and she just always exists.
Speaker 3: I think. You know, obviously, the more that we do it sometimes the less that we know.
Speaker 4: Like you have a You're like, okay, I have a grasp on whatever this situation might be. But it's always a little different it and you don't know why it's a little different, you know, Like you know.
Speaker 3: For season six, there was an episode.
Speaker 4: Where we were at the Fee house and there was a mother daughter in the house that we found out that they were in the house together there they had a crazy relationship. They were Christian scientists, and the mother died from injuries sustained because she got her dress caught on fire before a wedding and she didn't tell anyone, and they weren't going to go to the doctor, so she just went to this wedding in pain, and by the time the family realized that she had burned half of her body, it was too late, and you know, she succumbed to her injuries. Then a year later there the story is there was an argument between the daughter and her husband and some family members and the daughter ran up these stairs, grabbed poison, drank it on the steps, and died. Now, some people believe she did it on purpose because she was saying, I'm going to prove to you that I will be saved by God.
Speaker 3: I don't need any medical thing, like you know.
Speaker 4: And then some people say it was an accident, but whatever it was, this family was very rich and affluent and they kept it under wraps.
Speaker 3: We discovered during the investigation.
Speaker 4: That neither the mother nor the daughter knew that each other were in the house in a spirit form.
Speaker 3: Like in a ghost form, the daughter.
Speaker 4: Was in one side of the house and the mother was in the other, and they never crossed paths for some reason. And so we sat down and did the Estes method, but the spirit box, you know, listening to the spirit box blindfolded across from each other. Amy sat across from me and I and she used the Frank's box. I used the spirit box, and we said, you know, talk to us, have a conversation with each other, because you don't know that you're there. And it happened, and the drama that comes out of the conversation is like, you know, we realized that they were talking to each other because the mother says, do you remember and the daughter says, purple flowers. Again, this is just us hearing it out of the headphones, not knowing that we're having this converse, that we're just saying whatever we hear, and and then the mother is like, you deserved to die because of what you did, you deserved what you got, Like it was literal family drama argument.
Speaker 1: And what I was watching, I was like, this is a soap opera. It's a telenovella, Eily drinking the poison, getting.
Speaker 4: Burnt, everything, everything, And so if that isn't going to blow your mind, I mean, you could be doing this for all. I mean, we've been doing this for a very long time and there are things that really, you know, shock us, and that was one of them. It was one of those instances where you know, yes, things about it were the same, like, yes we were getting EVPs, yes they were communicating, but when we realized they didn't know that each other existed in the same space, we had to figure out a way to connect them, and we didn't know if it was gonna work. I mean when we finished that experiment, I remember taking up the headphones and looking at the crew who was standing there and they were like just mouth open, and I was like, did it work? And they were like, you're gonna have to watch it back. I mean, no one would tell us anything because they wanted to get our reaction, obviously us watching the footage back.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, so do you believe that they're like in different dimensions, Like how do you what is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean.
Speaker 4: I think there is. I just don't think they were aware of each other. I think they for some reason, I don't know why, for some reason, they existed in their own version of the house or in their own world and they didn't know that.
Speaker 3: It's I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had a roommate like that where we just didn't ever cross path. It was like you stay over there, I stay over there. Maybe the two of them, these two mother daughter, they got they put little post its on their food, you know, they left.
Speaker 4: They left the rent check, like on the kitchen counter.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, one of them deposit. I mean I guess so, I uh it is. It's weird.
Speaker 4: It's weird, and I'm glad things like that happened though, because if things like that don't happen, then it just becomes the same old, same old.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just investigating. So it was really cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, that was just one of many experiences that has happened recently that I uh literally am.
Speaker 3: Like WTF, don't don't get it.
Speaker 1: Don't get when's the last time you had a ghost experience that wasn't on purpose, like out in the wild, not not even not doing it an event, not doing a TV show, just like you saw one. Something happened. I don't know something like that.
Speaker 3: That's a really hard question. Wait, my husband's chiming in. Oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, is that a ghost? Are we getting on right now? I just heard a voice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, forget about the Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we were in uh, we stayed in Salem recently.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous. That's like my dream. You have dressed for it today. I'm looking like slightly witchy a little bit to I feel like I look like not Wednesday autums. I'm Tuesday autums. I'm not quite Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're like the craft light.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm the craft cheese.
Speaker 3: Honey, you're like a single rapper.
Speaker 4: Yes. So we were at the Hawthorn because they they have a uh they do a ball every winter, they do a masquerade ball, and it had it had been snowed out, and Ben and I we you know, we decided we're going to go to when they rescheduled it. So we went to the Hawthorn Ball at the Salem and we dressed Honey, we looked so good.
Speaker 3: We had bought. We bought these.
Speaker 4: The theme was chapters and verses, so you could come as any sort of like book character or whatever. And so we bought these paper mache handmade masks of I was a wolf and Ben was a fox. And they were made in Latvia because so you know, that fur was real, and we wore faux fur coats and like velvet. I wore a blue velvet tux and I would there were people like, well, what are you And I'm like, I am that wolf. I am that wolf in every story that you've read. And Ben is that fox? Okay, okay. So we had dressed up, we had looked. We looked so good, and there was Ben's gonna have to like jog my memory. Are you talking about the orb?
Speaker 3: No? Oh my god. Okay. So we had just got there.
Speaker 4: We had just got there and and we were unpacking and I thought a pillow had fallen off the bed because I was laying there just relaxing, and I was like, oh, I was like that pillow just fell off the bed and Ben was like oh yeah, and he turns and goes around the side and nothing was on the floor, nothing at all.
Speaker 3: And it would just look like this.
Speaker 4: White anomaly went from like the edge of the bed down to the floor as if yeah, as if literally as if a pillow had rolled off the edge of the bed. I saw it, Ben saw it. Went over to pick up the pillow, and nothing was there at all. And we were actually we were on We're on the fifth floor, so the whole place is haunted, but like the sick, the top floors are like the most.
Speaker 3: Haunted, and we were in one of the corners suite.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was like, that's that was something that we recognized that seemed paranormal, Like I don't.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen again for us, like nothing else moved, but it was something that caught our attention and we were like, oh, that's really strange. Doesn't make any sense, you know.
Speaker 1: When you stay in a haunted place, I mean, how do you feel about that? My My thing that I say constantly is I don't want anything messing with me when I'm sleeping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't. Look, I've been doing this for so long that like I sleep, I just sleep.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, I don't Because people are always like, well do you stay overnight at these bed and breakfast that you investigat, and I'm like, we've tried, but what you get is literally eight hours of me sleeping and not being affected or disturbed by anything because I'm just I'm asleep. I think the only place that I've ever stayed where I was constantly aware of things happening was the Stanley Hotel and Estes Park, Colorado. You know where Stephen King stayed and got his idea for the shining And.
Speaker 1: Did you stay in like a specifically haunted room.
Speaker 4: I did not know it, but yeah, at the time, I think it was four sixteen or four h six, four eighteen, I don't know.
Speaker 3: One of the fourth floors.
Speaker 4: If you go up the staircase and take a left, it is like the fourth or fifth door on the right.
Speaker 3: And I stayed.
Speaker 4: There, but I remember just like there was always little thing happening and always some sort of activity, and I just fully aware of it to the point where I was like, you know, I don't like this.
Speaker 3: I wanted to I'd rather sleep and like relax.
Speaker 4: It was one of those places where I felt that I wasn't comfortable going to sleep, like I didn't want to, like I sort of waited until the sun would peak and I could see a little light, and then I would go to sleep because I was.
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, cool, the haunting's over. But we don't know that it happens all the time.
Speaker 1: It was now supposed to end when the sun comes up. It's supposed to happen. That's the rule.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and it makes you feel better, so I think at that point I was like, yeah, I'm I was like, I'm cool, I'm gonna go to sleep. That was the only place I've ever stayed where I was like I couldn't ignore the activity because it was so haunted. But like places like the Hawthorne and the you know, like the Mount Washington, you know it is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen or it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: And I think, I think, you know, just go about your day and acknowledge it if it happens, and then be like, okay, cool, I'm done.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know. I'm pretty sure this happened to me. I get confused, but maybe it was in the movie. But I was staying at the Stanley Hotel and there was a hot lady in a bathtub in my room and then I went up to her and she turned into an old hag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happens to all of us.
Speaker 1: I think, I think I can't remember if it was real. I get confused. I was my tricycle, you know, like I always do this thing. Well, it was coming from the just like gushing out, hushing right at me.
Speaker 4: Well, what's great about what's great about the staniotelough is they have that movie playing.
Speaker 3: They have The Shining playing on repeat.
Speaker 1: See, I love that they embrace it. That's what needs to happen more.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: But I get it, you know, like I get it like that. I've only stayed one time, on purpose in a haunted room, and it's led me to never want to do it again because I was so on edge and I do believe that there was some stuff happening. But even if there wasn't, if you tell me it's haunted, I'm going to be constantly looking around and what was that? You know?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's the problem. It's like you have to learn how to turn off that that mechanism in your brain that's constantly looking for the worst. And we all do it like I'm constantly like panicky or whatever. But you have to sort of be able to turn off that section of your brain to be like, Okay, uh, it's not everything's fine.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just gonna Otherwise you're gonna look at every little.
Speaker 4: Thing as something paranormal, like anything at all, Like it could be the air conditioning, but you're rationally not thinking that.
Speaker 3: You're thinking, oh, it's ghost because this room's haunted. You know.
Speaker 1: I've gotten better at that, but don't No, I'm not perfect. I what I've gotten really better at is not thinking that things are all demons. H Yeah, tell me about demons. What do you think of demons?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, do they exist? Do I think they exist? Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's too many, Like I think there's too many stories and information out there for them not to be real. Do I think a normal, everyday person is going to interact with a demon? No, I think that's extremely, extremely rare, especially if you don't look for ghosts. There's good and there's evil, right, there's both, there's good, there's evil, And if there's light and there's dark, there could be angels and there could be demons. So I think I think it'd be very rare for someone to interact with something like that, But I think it does happen.
Speaker 1: Have you ever encountered one that you no, not like that?
Speaker 4: I mean there have been times I thought, I have, I thought that something like that was going to be happening, But no, uh no, I mean it's you. And if I can say no, then there's gonna be a lot of people that aren't going to experience that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, especially because you're like constantly looking for paranormal activity. So yeah, it seems like it's pretty rare.
Speaker 3: It is very rare. It is very rare.
Speaker 4: And I think, you know, if if someone's saying they're interacting with them all the time, then I don't think that's true. I think, you know, everyone has their own. I just don't think I think you will. I think you could experience it, but I don't think it's something that's going to happen on a regular basis. You know, it's something has to be asked for. It's like something you have to want in a weird way, unknowingly kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Is there a part of you that wants to not find one just so you can say you have no, No, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, who would want that?
Speaker 1: No, people love to see people hot in demons on TV.
Speaker 4: I know, but like, no, no, no, no, no. Listen, say what you know about a demon like say, say like that's real? Say for instance, it's real, like for real, real, who would want that? Like the idea of that occurring is so intense to me. It's like, I that is not something that I want to experience, and no one should.
Speaker 3: Honestly, good God, it scares me.
Speaker 1: But I really, the more that I have talked to people on this show, the more I'm like, I don't think it's I'm not gonna say I don't think it's real, but I don't think that it's common. And I think not common. No, I don't think that demons want anything to do with someone that's in a good mood or doesn't want any drama or like, I don't know. I think that if you're looking for it, maybe you'll find it. But I think looking for it.
Speaker 4: I think there are things that will prey on the weaknesses of others spiritually, and so I think it is possible, but I don't. I don't believe a lay person or someone who's not actively in that world all the time is going to experience something like that, If that makes sense. Yeah, that's my theory or my opinion, just my opinion. Well, I think it's pretty impressive that you've never encountered one. With all of you, I've encountered that pretend to be. I think I've encountered things that might lead you know, we're checking a few boxes about what to expect, but I don't think I definitely haven't uh gone full demon full out there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So do people die and then they for whatever reason become a ghost and then they're just like out of boredom or out of fun or why, like what they're just like I'm a demon and.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, oh pretending to be. I think people just I think I think people.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've encountered spirits that act as if they just act really razy and mean and aggressive. And you can see that and experience that and be like, oh, yeah, it's a demon, you know, like your first thought is like, oh, it's a demon, right, but really it's just a person being an absolute jerkwise.
Speaker 1: But like sometimes you know these EVPs where they're like growling or whatever. So I'm like picturing like is it just some like mad man that died and he's just like trying to like mess with you.
Speaker 4: Sometimes yeah, sometimes you know, just somebody and then you can get we don't know how they communicate through EVP. We don't know how it how how hard it is, or if it takes a lot to do that. So sometimes what they say can be confusing because you're like, I don't it sounds really gruff and gravelly, But like what if that's just the energy being expelled from whatever they're doing to try to communicate and you misrepresented as a demon and then you start throwing holy water around and bring out your crosses and that guy that goes it's like, eh, good lord, No I did not.
Speaker 1: I just needs to smoke a lot, Like don't my voice isn't a demon, it's just really deep and gravelly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like I just needed a break. I just I just wanted.
Speaker 4: To let you know that you know, uh, my tombstone is wrong or like there's a there's a mold in the attic or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like.
Speaker 1: Who knows they're trying to do good?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I was curious about just like general just some general topics of the paranormal. I was curious your thoughts on them. I'm wondering what you think about wijaboards.
Speaker 4: I have but a few Wiji boards. I have two right here sitting in these boxes.
Speaker 3: Wijiboards are they're not to mell.
Speaker 1: No, they're the demons. No, see, No, they're definitely we have we have debunked that. I have time after time, like had so many people on this podcast that like, this is a not it's not a demon toy podcast.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: The Buiji boards are something that was created, you know, a long time ago, and it was really a way for people to get close to each other in the dark.
Speaker 3: It was a parlor game.
Speaker 4: Hasbro bought it and turned it into basically a children's game. And it wasn't until the seventies that Hollywood sort of took the idea of the weigi board and created it and made it into this like.
Speaker 3: Portal to demonic whatever.
Speaker 4: So when people are like, Biji boards are bad, weije boards are terrible. Like you never hear somebody say, you know, I was forty years old and completely sober and hanging with my friends and we decided to use the Ouiji board in this crazy, crazy shit happened. It's more like I was a kid and my grandmother's have We found it in the attic and we started using it, and this crazy stuff happened.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: And you know, there is a thing called the idiomotor effect, which is a real thing. If you are blindfolded and your four people are blindfolded and they have their hands on the planchet, the Luiji.
Speaker 3: Board will not work. It will not work.
Speaker 4: Somebody in that group is unknowingly moving the planchet to make words, but they just don't know that they are doing it.
Speaker 1: We tried doing that one time one of my live shows. People were blindfolded on stage doing it and it was like going all in all directions, not forming any sentences.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, I if you believe that you can communicate with ghosts or by using that piece of equipment, then it is the same concept of you like holding.
Speaker 3: A recorder or.
Speaker 4: You know, using any sort of other paranormal equipment. Because the idea is I'm going to use this device to communicate with ghosts. Sure, if you believe that it works, use it to communicate with ghosts. But it's not going to open up some magical portal if that were the case, girl, do you realize how many wigi boards are made and are out there?
Speaker 3: Do you know how many weird demonic.
Speaker 4: Forces would just be like trapesing around like there would be another you know, minority group of individuals you know, looking to vote, like there would be so many of them it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: So when people say to me, I need to get rid of my wigi board? How do I get rid of it?
Speaker 4: I'm like, you may send it directly to me, especially if it's.
Speaker 3: Old, vintage, worth money.
Speaker 4: Send it on over because I will take very good care of it and put it in my collection.
Speaker 1: Have you ever encountered one that has some kind of energy attached to it?
Speaker 3: I do have a story.
Speaker 4: So there is a I have a weichi board over here. If I can pull it out, I letna see if I can pull it out for you. First off, let me get my giant Dhali tarot out of the Ooh, isn't that the most beautiful packaging you've ever seen?
Speaker 1: Gorgeous?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: Are you a tarot person?
Speaker 3: Oh? Ben?
Speaker 4: My husband collects tarot cards cool and he'll use them every once in a while. And uh, he has, like, I don't know, sixty decks.
Speaker 3: Whoa, he's got sixty decks.
Speaker 1: Decks, sixty.
Speaker 3: Sixty decks. He has sixty decks. Guy, Each one's very different from the last. So I have these two boards just like casually chilling.
Speaker 4: Right, they're both they're both the same board, but they are from a different, different time period.
Speaker 3: One of them, this one's older.
Speaker 4: This one was found in an attic and the lady said, I don't want it, Can you have it?
Speaker 3: And I said yes, But this board. So this board specifically, it's a bit.
Speaker 1: The William Nifold. That's like mid century kind of right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like nineteen fifties, sixties. You can tell by these, you know, these little classic I don't know, white people so diversity, some people from the fifties on the back, I know you can tell.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm sorry, that is some white people shit to be like, let's go conjure up some demons.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: She's like, you know, let's have a let's have some fruitcake and sit around in bobby socks and contra demon. So this board specifically, I was at an.
Speaker 3: Antique store in Provincetown where I live. I used to go. It does no longer longer exist.
Speaker 4: But I used to go in there and like just walk around and say, got me weird stuff? And he knew that I was always looking for like weird, out of this world things, and so I showed up one day and I was like, hey, you got me weird things? And he said, no, I don't, not today, and I was like okay. So I like turn away from the counter and I look at the shelves and there's one section of shelves that are completely empty. Because it's a consignment store, so when someone rents out that shelf section, then they will, you know whatever, they'll put their stuff in it.
Speaker 3: But there was nothing on the shelves. I exit, I go to the back of the store.
Speaker 4: I peep around a bit, and I didn't find anything. So I decided that I'm going to leave. And as I'm leaving and passing the empty shelves again, the only thing sitting on any of.
Speaker 3: The shelves is this Oiji board by itself.
Speaker 4: It was not there like five minutes prior, just sitting casually, and so I was like, huh, I took it. The only thing in on six shelves, The only thing and I turned to the front desk.
Speaker 3: Guy and I was like, six seco six. I turned to the front desk guy and I said, hey, where did this come from?
Speaker 4: And he goes, oh, I don't know. And I was like, well, it was sitting here and it was not here. I just did somebody put it there? So he was like, I didn't see anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I actually don't know where that came from. I have not seen it in the shop.
Speaker 1: Did it have a price tag?
Speaker 3: It did not.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, guess what is mine? And so he I think I paid I don't know twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: What I just materialize.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's the thing. I do not know the answer.
Speaker 4: It was not there five minutes prior to me finding it, and he had no recollection of it showing up.
Speaker 3: Or being there.
Speaker 4: And clearly I was like, oh, well it's going home with me. Like there was no hesitation. I was like, well, it's gonna come home with me. There's a reason why this is in front of me and sitting here. And so I bought it and I've had it for I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, three or four years. But that's a weird story. I mean, out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Does it ever reappear in places in your home? Maybe it doesn't. You don't notice that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean if it look it's been Could you say this again? I couldn't hear what you said.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was I'm sorry. That was my Apple Watch. That is saying sorry, I didn't hear you. Could you say that again? My apologies. I was not talking about Apple Watch, was I did I say anything?
Speaker 1: Not that I heard. I think about the wig aboard said something and it activated it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I think it was demons.
Speaker 1: You found a demon episode over clothes, waites. Look at I have little wee jab plan chat earrings.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 4: I have a my friend made me or sells these, this plan chet and it literally just says girl by on it, and so I wear it like to formal events.
Speaker 3: I put it on and just says girl bye.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I don't know. Now my place is cursed. I guess haunted because my watch is going off and talking to me. I have not moved that Wuiji board in a very very long time, and I just told it story and now it's got something to say.
Speaker 3: So I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Of haunted dolls. You know that's my Haunted dolls are my favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 3: I love haunted dolls.
Speaker 4: I think it's hard to determine whether a doll is haunted, but I think my favorite thing is like when you see a creepy looking doll in a vintage store, there's something about it. Sometimes you're like, I feel a connection to this doll, right, and you're like, I need to take care of this doll.
Speaker 3: I need to take this doll home.
Speaker 4: And I think that's bizarre but also really really cool, because.
Speaker 1: Have you done that.
Speaker 4: I've seen things in stores, yeah, like weird, vintagey, creepy looking things where I'm like, hmm, I feel like that should come home with me. But I don't try to look into it too much. I just feel like I'm destined to have it, so I'm gonna, you know, I'm going to take it with me kind of thing. I know that Greg and Dana k Newkirk, who we all love in a door.
Speaker 3: They have a doll that when you pick it up, you can just like pick it up normal.
Speaker 4: But the longer that you hold it, the more you start treating it as if.
Speaker 3: It were a real child.
Speaker 4: Unknowingly, like you just start like cradling it and like burn like rocking it and like hold You're not just like holding it by the arm. You sort of become this doll's caretaker for the time being. And they've seen it, they put it, they bring their museum, and they have the museum and they it happens all the time, which is very strange.
Speaker 1: Have you encountered I mean, like, besides that one, have you encountered like a full on haunted doll.
Speaker 3: I mean not to the point where not to like I guess I've encountered a lot of haunted dolls where people like this doll is a haunted doll.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, right, And I've encountered a lot of dolls that I'm like, that thing is weird, weird vibe, right, But I don't think I've encountered something where I have had problems, if you will, because you know, people are.
Speaker 3: Like this doll moves on its own or like it it.
Speaker 4: Like I think Amy Brunei, who I work with on kinder Spirits, she has a story about a doll trying to set fire to her closet. I'm like, that's never happened, uh, But I have definitely encountered dolls that give off weird ass vibes. And you bet believe I'm gonna take it home if I can take it home, if I'm allowed, because you know, every.
Speaker 3: Haunted doll needs a loving and caring family.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to eBay looking at hunted dolls? I have?
Speaker 3: How can you? Oh? How do you know? If it's really hard?
Speaker 1: They say it's real? I know it means it's real, adam or all?
Speaker 3: Let me wait a second.
Speaker 1: So that's how this works.
Speaker 3: This is a Victorian tear catcher.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, in the eighteen hundreds, you would catch your tears in it after somebody dies, and when it fills up to the top, you are no longer in mourning.
Speaker 3: This is haunted.
Speaker 1: Is it's no, it's not.
Speaker 4: You would gonna you believed it just because I was, like, it's haunted.
Speaker 3: But it's not haunted, Like anyone can say anything, is? I mean? This is really cool.
Speaker 4: It's got it carried the tears of the you know morning, do you cry into it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Only only on the weekends.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do a couple more quick little things here. Let me ask you about some more, some more thoughts on things like, Okay, I've been really into talking about Bigfoot lately. What do you think.
Speaker 4: I think Bigfoot is definitely something that could possibly exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it would be.
Speaker 4: I like the idea that, you know, some people say Bigfoot is just the ghost of Neanderthal.
Speaker 3: That's interesting to me. Some people say bigfoots an alien. Some people think Bigfoot's an actual, like you know, creature that sort of like wanders.
Speaker 4: But I think, you know, if you believe in ghosts, you sort of have to believe in everything just a little bit, like everything else, just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Like you can't be like, oh.
Speaker 4: I believe I believe that someone has died and their spirit is sitting in front of me and can talk to me and move objects.
Speaker 3: But Bigfoot, Nah, that's too much. You can't. I don't think. I don't think you can do that.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, you have to believe in everything just a little bit. Because there are reasons why people think Bigfoot exists, just like locked nest, just like aliens, just like gnomes and trolls and metaphysical creatures. There are stories that date, you know, centuries, thousands of years about different things wandering the earth, and so I think there is something to it and.
Speaker 3: We all have to be open to it just a little bit. Would you ever go, uh? Did you ever go? Look?
Speaker 1: For now? I hate the great outdoors.
Speaker 4: Sorry, no amount of mosquito netting or spraying will ticks snakes.
Speaker 1: I don't want anything to do with any of it. I will encourage people, I will watch it, I will tune in, but I so I'm not going.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna go, and we're gonna film it, and we're going to put it up on the YouTube.
Speaker 1: It would be really fun. It would probably be fun to watch me do it. It wouldn't be fun to go with me, because I would constantly be like, I'd be afraid of things that aren't big fun. But I'm just constantly like, I struggle with Bigfoot because, Okay, I do think that if it is real, it's a ghost. Right this is my is where I'm at right now, and I'm constantly changing my mind. But right now I think if it's real, it's a ghost. I think that when I see videos that people have captured a bigfoot, I'm like, I don't believe it. I for the most part, I don't believe it. I feel like it's something else because you can't capture ghosts that well on camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you have a healthy skepticism, which is good. I mean, in all things paranormal and supernatural and weird, we should have a healthy skepticism.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone.
Speaker 4: I mean, do I think someone's ever caught big like Bigfoot on camera in a picture?
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna say. I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I This is what I was just saying, and I've already had people misconstrue what I'm saying because you know, you always see videos of hunters. I don't I'm not saying people should shoot Bigfoot, which may or may not be a real thing to begin with. So before we start debating that, I don't think people should. But all I'm saying is that if I had a gun in my hand, I would feel really confident to go up to it and be able to take a picture with it with a selfie yeah, or or follow it home. I would stalk it, Sorry, I would, just because at this point, to prove that it's real, I would I would cross boundaries and I would stalk it and go to its home and wait outside it's home for it to come back out.
Speaker 4: I think that's exactly what people do, though. People literally are doing that. They are going and they're like, oh, this is a bigfoot track, and they're trying to track bigfoot back to wherever bigfoot is going. Right, people are doing They're out there doing those kind of things.
Speaker 3: But I wonder if so, You've got people that are really into.
Speaker 4: Bigfoot, right, they are one thousand percent on board with the Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: They think they've seen it, They've got a picture that they got a bigfoot.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they feel the same way I do about ghosts, in the sense that I can show you evidence of ghosts all day long and be like, yep, that's something else I caught, something else I caught. But if you don't believe me, I do not care, because I'm beyond caring that you don't believe in ghosts, specifically because I've seen it, I've interacted with them, I know it. Here's evidence of it all day long. I can show it to you, but I'm not in the business of convincing.
Speaker 3: You that it is that they're real.
Speaker 4: And I'm wondering if bigfoot people feel the same way, like they're not in. They're not in the business of convincing you because they know it exists and they've got evidence and they're just now exploring it a bit deeper.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, DEMI said that we're supposed to call them extraterrestrials, So I don't call them aliens anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm so. I constantly they would know, they would know, they wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: I will say, do I believe in Yes, I do believe in aliens. I think I don't know what they are. I don't know where they're from.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been abducted?
Speaker 1: It's my dream, but it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 3: Come visit me and I'll take you on a I'll take you on a thing. What do you mean, I'm gonna take you on a got a hook up? Yeah, I'll get I would just call them up and be like, come to the ship. No.
Speaker 4: So where in Provenstown, Massachusetts, where I live, there is an abandoned Air Force base in Truro. And in Truro there were when that was an operating Air Force base, there were tons and tons of abductions.
Speaker 3: This is one of.
Speaker 4: The biggest areas for alien abduction. Besides, you know Nevada at this point in my opinion, and like this painting that you see, like this painting right here, this painting right here, that painting up there. I have like twenty seven different works by this artist named Bud Hopkins, and he is he was abducted by aliens here in Provincetown and then wrote like the first four books on alien abduction. One is called Missing Time.
Speaker 3: Girl. I'll take you out to this Air Force base. We will go to a spot where.
Speaker 4: You can lay on the ground and you just watch stars sort of go in circles and like move in on themselves and then dart away weirdly, like they don't.
Speaker 3: They're not stars, they're not playing.
Speaker 1: I saw that in Cnona. I went on like a thing and I saw that for myself like with night vision goggles, and it was that was cool. But yeah, I'm like, if shit goes down again, like I hope nothing bad ever happens in our lifetime, like a pandemic or anything, but if it does, I'm calling Andrea Parent. I'm packing a bag and I'm I'm getting Andrea Parent and I'm going up And I've decided that my job is going to be doing makeup for yeah, for them so that they can they can pass as humans better when they come down here.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to hide that foreheadline. I mean, their hairline is probably totally way back.
Speaker 1: Here, which is easy. It's easy to work with.
Speaker 3: You need to pull the wig dick exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's much. Yeah, that's that's not hard.
Speaker 4: We got that they're gonna need like a tin lash for the big eyes.
Speaker 3: They're gonna need a bunch of lash like lash on, lash on. We'll just like lay them next to each other exactly exactly. I mean, I love Andrea.
Speaker 4: She has freaked me out a couple of times about about her alien interaction. She definitely called uh she I've seen her call actual ships.
Speaker 3: Like all of a sudden, they'll just be like this little dot in the sky. You're like, where did that come from?
Speaker 4: It was not there and it is not a plane, and and you just sort of called them.
Speaker 3: Andrea, we know the weirdest people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm obsessed. Wait, oh my god, I just thought of something. You want to hear some EVPs? Yeah, I'll try to listen. I'll try to listen very closely. It's time for EVP or evase. Okay, So honestly, the last time I did this with you, you're like the only person in history to ever be like, wait, I need context and I'm like, no, we don't do contexts here. We just hear voices and then made.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate it. I think it's great, But to me, I'm always like, I always get weird when I have on people that are like professionals, because I don't want I just take these off of YouTube. I don't want the people that posted them on YouTube to like feel like we're making fun of them or something because they are.
Speaker 3: Well. No, here's the thing that you. You are in this world.
Speaker 4: Now you are in the genre, and what you have to understand is people, we have to scrutinize evidence.
Speaker 3: We have to be tough on evidence. We have to be because the more tough, the tougher you are on.
Speaker 4: A piece of evidence. And you can't figure it out, then there's something to it. If you can figure it out, throw it away. There are thousands of other things that you can look for. So don't do not Yeah, do not feel bad. I mean, these people on YouTube need to have their evidence scrutinized so that they can do better.
Speaker 1: But also I think the ones that I find typically I think are pretty good great, assuming that they're real, I think that they're pretty good. It's just it's also hard over zoom. So I'll give them that first one. I don't have a location for it. It is just a ghost voice that was captured by haunted bay Town.
Speaker 3: Love it?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. What is this ghost saying? Wait, let me do it again?
Speaker 3: Taking a piss?
Speaker 1: There's definitely a lot of background noise, but it's like said there, like it's like say something again. Oh yeah, sit down, sit down. It does sound like that down, sit down. Okay, that's not what they believed. We're gonna guess now what they believed it said? Is it A you're so tired? Damn?
Speaker 3: Is it B?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Is it C?
Speaker 1: So tell her? Or d ooh saltines?
Speaker 3: Okay one more time.
Speaker 1: So tell her. It's definitely so tell her. But sit down with a good gus It down.
Speaker 4: Is a good get without knowing. But see, here's the one thing that I love. I want everyone to think about this. So when we play EVPs for clients that we get, we don't tell them what it says. We'd let them tell us what they say, and if they how much more cool is it for someone who doesn't know the EVP to hear it and go, oh, that's just sit down or so tell her right totally?
Speaker 3: And you didn't tell them because it goes, oh yeah, we all heard the same thing. You hear it.
Speaker 4: The second you tell somebody it says sit down, of course they're gonna hear it.
Speaker 1: That's why I'd like to not give too much context, Like if I know, if it says on YouTube, like after we asked what's your name, it said Veronica, Like I don't usually say until after we've lien to him. Then I'll be like, yeah, they asked what the name was and they said Veronica. I just want to know if you can hear, no, that's it. I mean I definitely hear. I definitely hear what they what they say. It's so tell her what teller?
Speaker 3: What were they telling her?
Speaker 1: Just tell her? Okay, well we're gonna do one more about it.
Speaker 3: Tell her everything you see.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't have the licensing for that, so there was less than it was less than ten seconds. Okay. Next one is the Hampshire Ghost Club. I'm assuming it's Hampshire, the Hampshire Ghost Club, which is a it's at a haunted theater in Is it Hampshire or Hampshire UK. God, you've traveled more than me. I don't know Anythingshire, Hampshire, Hampshire. We're going with Hampshire, Old Hampshire. Okay, Uh, what is this one saying?
Speaker 3: Oh one more time?
Speaker 1: It's a creepy whisper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard, has an accent, has a British accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear that, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: Uh, has a British accent. I hear that.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it's sang, but I hear the accent, which is cool in and of itself.
Speaker 3: Because sometimes you're like, you don't even hear that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll give you some options.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: Is it a cam model? Maybe it was a cam model? Could be Is it b cam on? Is it c kill them all? Or is it d Okay? I'm more like with a tongue row, tongue roll.
Speaker 4: Look, as much as I wanted to be wait, what as much as I wanted to be kill them all or cam model? Let me hear it one more time? I mean kill them all.
Speaker 1: It's come on, cam on, wait, let's do it again. Oh, Kim, Kim, see I hear okay, I more more.
Speaker 3: Like I do hear the rolling R. But like, what if it's saying kmore? Okay, what did that could that be?
Speaker 1: That's like, okay love, that's what I think. That's what I hear personally.
Speaker 3: I think it's saying k more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, it's a ghost who is kind of sassy, like okay.
Speaker 1: Love, okay love whatever love.
Speaker 3: Love is love, okay love. I love that.
Speaker 4: See those two, those two EVPs that you've shown me, I like, and I mean sometimes it's fun to listen to them out of context because you can't really overthink it.
Speaker 3: But I like it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's too definitely something somebody's saying, as long as everyone in the room has been accounted for.
Speaker 3: That's a cool that those are EVPs.
Speaker 1: Yes, you heard it here first from an expert. Well, you know, I guess we can just wrap it up. I know, okay, I know, unless there's anything else that we I mean, of course, there's a million things we could also talk about, but I'm sure I don't want to take up all your time you've got things to do, you're traveling, you're doing, you're going on where you're going.
Speaker 4: I so this weekend going to well, it's probably won't air.
Speaker 3: I already aired, but this weekend going to Ohio.
Speaker 4: For the Ohio State Reformatory conn there's like a convention there. And then in June we will be at Belvoir Winery for Strange Escapes. I will be at the Sheboygan Asylum at the beginning of July, and then we go on a Strange Escapes European Ghost cruise in July, leaving out of Southampton, doing two ports in Spain, two ports in Paris. I think the catacombs are involved, stone hinges involved, So that's I'm looking forward to that for sure.
Speaker 1: That is so cool, I know.
Speaker 4: And if anybody wants, you know, to hang out with us or to find out where we are, you can visit my website Adam Berry Adam dash excuse me, Adam Dashbury dot.
Speaker 3: Com to see where we're gonna be.
Speaker 4: And I had this cute little hoodie that says haunted life.
Speaker 1: This embroidered cuteness tell people where to get your stuff, so.
Speaker 4: You can get adamburrymerch dot com you can get this cute little haunted life zip and I've got a ghost T shirt and hats and magazines and tote bags and all kinds of fun, fun things, you know that I just throw out there and see if somebody want.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love it. I wear it all the time. Super cute, it's comfortable, it's pandemic. Were I love it?
Speaker 1: Wait when you go to wait, what's the I say, I'm always like I never know the exact word, like haunted mental health facilities, like you know, like so many of them are like lunatic asylump like whatever the wording is. But when you go to those, what is what do you notice about that kind of activity? Is it different? I mean, I assume it's much different from other places.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Depending on where you are, it can seem chaotic, very chaotic, sporadic uh no patterns specifically sometimes very agitate like you'll hear like bang bang bang bang, or like you'll hear I think one day we heard somebody that sounded as if somebody was walking down the hallway towards us dragging their foot. It was like a step dreg ew.
Speaker 4: That's not a kind of drag, but like no no, no, no, dear, but it's it's it's very much the activity in a mental facility is very much the activity you would expect. It's confusing, disorienting, uh, sometimes very loud and quick, and then it stops. And that's why when we investigate specifically these locations, we have to be very sympathetic.
Speaker 3: You know. I know there are a lot of people that go in.
Speaker 4: And be like, if you don't talk to us, we're gonna get the warden or get them whatever. And if I were a spirit in that still having that sort of mental issue, I would not talk to you if you were threatening me.
Speaker 3: So you have to be.
Speaker 4: Very very calm and like sort of give yourself over to whatever is going to happen so that they your energy matches the comfort level that they need to interact with you, because it can be very crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like literally sometimes when I watch shows where they go to those places, I've noticed like some kind of creature lives there. Now it's turned into some kind of monster in the building, Like what has that happen? Like for you?
Speaker 4: Okay, there are a few places that we've gone where we feel that there is something that's controlling the environment, like specifically, I think trans Alganny lunatic asylum is one of those places where you're trying to get information and get these spirits to interact with you. But it seems as if there is something bigger and more powerful than these spirits, watching what they do and controlling what they can and cannot do. And when I imagine that that thing in my brain, it it is sort of this weird in human creature manifestation that sort of controls the ponds, being the inmate, the you know, the patients that are still there, goes back to an agrigor or a tulpa or things that are energetically created that never exist, uh, which we've encountered on kindred spirits. It reminds me of that kind of thing, like there is something here that's a bit more powerful in controlling than everybody else. Uh but it but it's easy to control because it's never existed before.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense, Broll. That's a whole new podcast.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because it's like these these things, you know, thought forms, whatever people want to call them, that never were a human. So it's almost like, are you saying that it's so it's easier to since it's kind of like a story created. These are many stories you can almost rewrite the story.
Speaker 3: Is that true hundred percent?
Speaker 4: Like when we did the investigation with Zombie Boy, which is they said there was this little boy here, and we realized that he was created, that that never happened. We sat down for a very long time and gave him attributes. We said how he died, We said who his father was, We said his father died in the Civil War. We gave him all these things, and we sat across from each other and just talked about what we.
Speaker 3: Knew about Zombie Boy.
Speaker 4: And then you know, twenty four hours later, Chip Coffee, our psychic that we work with, is picking up.
Speaker 3: He's like, what's the Civil War? What does civil war have to do with it?
Speaker 4: You know, he was psychically getting information from this tulpa, this agrigor that we had given like we it was us. It was us giving them attributes, and it was like answering questions about what their mother's name was, and how many sisters he had.
Speaker 3: And all this stuff.
Speaker 4: So that in that same token, you can reverse it by not communicating with them or not interacting with them, or saying you don't exist.
Speaker 3: You don't know who you are. You're not who I'm looking for to talk to.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like reverse, it just reversing the It takes a while, but you're just basically reversing the.
Speaker 3: You know, the storyline.
Speaker 1: Interesting which I think also Bigfoot is sort of something like that.
Speaker 3: Look Bigfoot.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know if there are any kids listening, but there's Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Like Santa Claus is real.
Speaker 4: Santa Claus is real if you think of it that way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, really, well, yeah, there's a lot of energy going into talking about Santa Goal.
Speaker 3: So then how many things are out they're like that.
Speaker 4: On the negative side, the Boogeyman, the Black Eyed Children, the Candy.
Speaker 3: Man, the Easter Bundy. You know how messed up that could be.
Speaker 1: Well, my scariest one, since I don't like being interrupted when I'm sleeping, is the tooth Fairy. Oh my god, lady coming in my room looking for my old crusty teeth.
Speaker 3: Now, But you know what, it wouldn't It wouldn't look like a lady.
Speaker 4: It would look like a conglomerate mashup of what everyone thinks.
Speaker 3: The tooth Fairy looks like so it'd.
Speaker 4: Be all deformed and messed up, with like half hanging off like wings and like hair, and like it would be messed up because it's just a conglomerate of what everyone thinks the tooth Fairy is in.
Speaker 3: Their own way.
Speaker 1: Oh that is messed up.
Speaker 3: Sleep well, eh.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully I won't lose any teeth anytime soon at this point. Thank you so much to Adam. If you want to hear us talking about a haunted eBay doll, go to patreon dot com slash rozdresfles link in the description, and hey, rate the show five stars on Apple Podcasts or Spotify or wherever you can leave a nice review, tell me how much you love the show, or leave a ghost story and a review. You could follow me on social media at roz Hernandez on Instagram, at It's roz Hernandez, on TikTok and Twitter, and we have a Facebook group called Ghosted by Roz Hernandez. And yeah, that's about it. I love y' all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey back.
Speaker 3: Star bands on their podcast a podcast network