Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something, y'all?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Bro Radio? He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey Hain's agree is your boy in OI? He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up is DJ E f N?
Speaker 3: Together?
Speaker 4: They drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, the most professional, unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 2: This is drinks Day. Every day is New Year's Eve? That's good? Would it could be? Hopefully? Still? This is your boy in it ed? What Up? Is DJ E f N? And it's a motherfucker drink chance.
Speaker 5: And right now, when people ask me what type of music I like, you know, I like to turn off music. I like club music, I like bounce music. But I come from and what I originate from is pure lyricism, pure lyrics, and right now I couldn't be blessed with any other These guys are pure lyricists. They don't dance, they don't have dancers, they don't have guys with dreadons standing behind them just wiggling. These guys are on stage by theirself and they do what they gotta do.
Speaker 2: And they've been around for years and.
Speaker 5: They certified legends, right now I got to the right of me one of the he's about to become one of the newest legends because he's been around, he's had deals with Chaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 2: Shit is real right now, I'm introduce it. Cory guns is in the build, dude.
Speaker 5: And then I'm going to a legend for my era, not only for my era, for my borrow, not only for my borough. From this guy has been maintaining. He's been torn overseas in Melbourne in Australia. I see him everywhere he's and he's always been the same exact guy.
Speaker 2: He's never folded.
Speaker 5: Consistency, consistency, He's always stayed around. He's always been here and he's always been making money.
Speaker 2: My guy I called Mega make something up right now. This is for the hip hop or the hip hoppist or the hippie hoppily he.
Speaker 4: Hoppists, and both of them are on my album.
Speaker 2: I'm It's out right now another time, another time. And let's also big up.
Speaker 5: Let's get this out the way well fast, big up talking people from Best Bottled Liquors provided the liquor we're gonna try to get caught. Megan to drink that is my whole purpose, trying to get them drink. I remember used to drink champagne back in the days.
Speaker 2: DEMI said, correct, DEMI set right, Yeah, yeah, because it's fixing them.
Speaker 5: Like please, we need you your fans to yo. So Mega, let me let me just ask you. You have what I like to call a cult following with me, which means no matter where you go, there's always fans. There's always people who come ours, die hard fans, Like, how did you build that?
Speaker 2: I on eve Man.
Speaker 6: The answer for it's a blessing. Wow, that's not something that that I had to plan for. Like I said, I'm just gonna have a cold following and people just fucking with my music.
Speaker 1: That shit is a blessing. Like I could have had.
Speaker 6: No fans like you already know you like me and you know each other very long time. There's are times when when the world was against like the industry was against me, and and doors was closed on me, and people was whispering don't fuck with Mega, like so it's like I didn't know what I had fans, and then I just made music. I just I just tested myself. Like remember I put out I put out the first rap mixtape.
Speaker 1: Remember before dudes was doing mixtape, I did that when I was on Violate on the shelf.
Speaker 6: I wanted to see how people felt about me. It was like a test. So I put out the Montana Way and then it's sold mad units. And then when I went on tour with DMX, we used places like he just noise but.
Speaker 2: Him going on tour with DMX.
Speaker 5: I need you to finish, but I also need to ask you how many dates did DMX.
Speaker 2: Show up to?
Speaker 1: He showed up to every day, every day.
Speaker 2: This makes when DMX wasn't crazy. I did a tour with DMX. We did thirty two days. He showed up for fourteen. But let's finish. Its finished the story you were saying. So you went on to with DMX.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went on tour with DMX and we went to places like Chicago, Detroit, et cetera, et cetera. And when I was there, I didn't know people was gonna know my music, so I didn't even want to perform it. But when I did perform, I got up as loud as ovation as anybody, so it was like wow. So that's when I knew that the mixtape traveled.
Speaker 1: So I just what I.
Speaker 6: Do is I catered to my audience. So I guess that's why I have a lawyer following, because I don't change up on them. Like you know what you're gonna get when you get a mega album.
Speaker 5: Right, and you never really tried to, like make a radio record, Is that true or no?
Speaker 1: I never? Well, when I I did make a JOm with Karl.
Speaker 2: Thomas before, Okay, I remember that.
Speaker 6: And that was like that was a Chris Lotti move recipes to Chris Chris Lootti benefited.
Speaker 2: Both of us, That's what I'm saying. That fact. So I made a joint.
Speaker 1: I wasn't comfortable with it, but I didn't hate it.
Speaker 6: But it's like if i'd have been on deaf jams, there's a certain kind of music that I would have been having to make that I wasn't comfortable with. And when I started doing my own music, just with answering to nobody, I was able to do what I want.
Speaker 2: So I like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I don't want to I don't want to have excuses for my.
Speaker 5: Music, right, So you object the course, So let's say if you had a choice independent or major, and you had a chance to do it all.
Speaker 2: Over what with that choice?
Speaker 6: And I already had a choice. I had majors hollering at me after the realness.
Speaker 2: It was like, nah, and you and so you like the independent.
Speaker 1: I like the independent.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise for him being the hustle reader caught me guns, right, sir.
Speaker 5: One of the first times I heard of you was she kill O'Neill was talking about you.
Speaker 2: Was that your first deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Actually you had like seventeen deals, yes, just catch money.
Speaker 2: Catch money, Yeah yeah, was that your first deal?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Actually my pops was sound she killed and.
Speaker 2: Your pops were scientist.
Speaker 7: She killed on twism and that's my god pops too, chilling my god yeah, Heed.
Speaker 8: Godfather is a nigga named one man from from Old Sam long Man, this nigga.
Speaker 2: Don't leave there, man, God damn it man. You your godfather's Quille old now man, that's ship god damn. Yeah. I could, I because Squill was my godfather. I could. He couldn't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't have his number because I'll be asking him for for dumb ship.
Speaker 2: Like Yo, listen, I heard you in Fresh Me some figure me.
Speaker 5: But so yeah, so he's your godfather. And then he how does this he hears you rhyme?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will be around him in the studio, around my pops and around she killed in the studio a lot, and I'd be wanting to like do my free styles. I'll be writing while they're working on music. I'll be writing my own stuff. And after a while they started like, God, like, let him, let's see what he do.
Speaker 9: After a while, she just started rolling.
Speaker 5: He started it's a serious hip hop. Yeah, yeah, serious hip is asked me to do a record. I asked him to write the rhyme.
Speaker 2: He was like no.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh ship, Because I heard niggas writing his rhymes. I was like, oh ship, Like he had his own ship. He was really hip hop.
Speaker 2: That's what's up. That makes a noise to sack me.
Speaker 5: So now I want to ask both of y'all this question because I watched Mega on stage and you said something that was very ill to me. You said, I'm not a rapper, I'm a lyricist. Now is there is there two different versions of hip hop?
Speaker 2: Or is it three?
Speaker 5: Is it hip hop lyricism and then rap or is it just hip lyricism falls under the zone of hip hop? Come on camera. Guy, Come on, guys, and you got a surfboard, so on too. You even got no hip hop going on? But but does lyricists fall under the version of hip hop.
Speaker 2: So it's two different hip hop and rap rap.
Speaker 6: The son you do hip hop son you live, that's fact, and lyricism falls under the what you do.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: There's no beat right now. It's our words that carry us.
Speaker 6: It's our words that that that will differentiate us or separate us from rappers. You know what I'm saying, And it's like a rapper, you don't. You will never re rhind memory. They used to be cossetting. We hear something that just blew my mind. We used to rewind the ship. You won't rewind a rapper. You only be ryn lyricists. You want to catch what he's saying.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You were round, big Daddy, came cool, you rapped.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You wind I era queens, you're wind dope mcs.
Speaker 6: But a rapper, you're just enjoying it. Most rappers get carried by their beat or by their marketing. The lyricists get carried by his words. That's why every time you notice I do a show, I could drop the music. I don't need the music and I never use hypemen, but the crowd is still into it.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the difference. That was so hot?
Speaker 9: How you feel about I agree? Yeah, I definitely do.
Speaker 2: Now now, all right? With all this going on?
Speaker 5: Right, you've been on Depth Jam, You've been on multiple different labels.
Speaker 2: Have anybody ever approached you and said, you know what Mega or Corey? You know what you guys are doing is cool? But why not? Why not? Know? You said Chris Lady earlier.
Speaker 5: But was that the only time or there was other times where people try to get you to change your stuff.
Speaker 6: I remember when I made the song Testament. When I made the song Testament, it made crazy noise in the industry. You probably remember, yes, sir, I remember Clark Ken. You used to come up to death Chair like yo, this is the one, like streets. Everybody loved it. And I never forget Julie Greenwald. I'll never forget you Greenwall.
Speaker 2: She's at Atlanta Records right now.
Speaker 1: She said this is cool, but you need something hot.
Speaker 6: And when she said that, it made my stomach sick because I knew that that was a record.
Speaker 1: I went hard on that record lyrically. The production was crazy and I got respect, you know, as an MC, as a rapper, you know, we give we give salent praise to each other sometimes to be like, no, you're doing this thing, but they might not say it to you. So when I did that, that was one of the first song where rappers was coming.
Speaker 2: Up to me like, yo, that joint is. So I knew it was strong.
Speaker 6: And I knew that from me not having a song but being on tour with d m X. That's the song I closed with, So I knew it was a strong street record. But she's telling me something else, and that's where I knew there was a conflict, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So that's when and is that when the beef started with that jam?
Speaker 1: No, you know the beef, the beef goes deeper.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into us another bottle. Godamnybody, I don't got a drink.
Speaker 6: I don't need you know the purpose of drinking che you know, you get people nights. They But I've always been an open book.
Speaker 2: I know that. I know that, know that.
Speaker 5: But we're gonna tell that to the fans we're gonna act like, give us, let us take off problems.
Speaker 2: A goddamn yeah, because I hear here we.
Speaker 5: Go right, here's this god right, and I want to get into the uh the one love shout out.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna take it from there.
Speaker 5: It was like the next thing, the next biggest thing to come from Death Jam.
Speaker 2: You had to Foxy Brown.
Speaker 5: You had the nas and then we're hearing it his turmoil a little bit with Steve Stout name was in there, and then I kind of know the story a little bit, but the fans don't.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it this past seven years. This makes no noise.
Speaker 4: What's the timeline on the reels, that song on the reel, what's the timeline from what you're talking.
Speaker 2: About that as soon as I came home on the rail, as soon as you came home.
Speaker 5: Okay, but now this death Jam problems we heard, like what was the initial first thing?
Speaker 6: I mean basically you you already said the person's name, you know, Steve? Basically I don't, I don't, I don't like talking about I'm I'm past that that stage. But he had he got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of power, right, you know what I'm saying, and on him last week and you think he's coming for us, but don't worry.
Speaker 10: We don't care that it's okay.
Speaker 1: So basically, once once, you know once certain people.
Speaker 2: Basically it was like this.
Speaker 1: When I first came home, you already know a lot of stuff that.
Speaker 6: Was going on behind the scenes. I was offered a production deal and I didn't. I didn't jump right on it. I always been a businessman, Like I'm not saying I'm Steve Jobs or some ship, but I was.
Speaker 1: On point with certain things.
Speaker 6: Like one of the first books I bought was all you need to Know about the industry like that. I always had all my publishing, even when I was on depth Gym. Get the I own all my masters right now. I never said the Realness is a classical true mean if the fans said it. So there's independent as that artists that owned their stuff, but it's your music.
Speaker 1: Does it matter?
Speaker 6: Like I owned certified classics, I own the Realness Master, I own a Testament Mass, I own born and raised masters.
Speaker 1: So my kids I could die right now, my kids? Is its great? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 6: I was on talk of about business. So I wasn't on a rushing to sign in a production deal. But Steve has like he had like a you know how it is, he has a certain way about himself.
Speaker 2: All of them got it. Chris got it. Yeah, Yeah, I got it, Mark, Chris got it.
Speaker 1: As a man, See, I was considering it doing it.
Speaker 2: But it's just certain.
Speaker 5: It's a drink right there too. That's a little bit of rose just in case. You know, I mean people to let's think about it. Let's think about it ahead and finish this story.
Speaker 6: So as a man, there's certain things you don't say to a man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm a man at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: I'm not a sucker that's trying to get on because to be honest with you, there was days I have more money when I wasn't rapping, when I was doing other things. So it's like he Steve is the type of person, like he once said to me, like you think you would even have a deal if it wasn't for us, or like like he says things like that that'll make you question yourself. So ifout a signtic, I wouldn't have respected myself. So it was like certain things and then you already know what happened with song A Lot Familiar.
Speaker 2: But we don't know I'm talking to We don't know what we want to know.
Speaker 6: He told my man biz, if Mega doesn't sign the production deal that remix, that other song will be the last that you hear of him with the firm.
Speaker 1: So I was like, in my mind, I was like, he's bugging because I'm on a Lot Familiar.
Speaker 2: So what was he talking about.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking like that thing with Lot Familia came out, I wasn't on it. They took me off and putting nature on it.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was a firmative action.
Speaker 6: Now I'm on the front of action, in front of action the first song. But at the end of the day, it is at the end of the day, it's like this, Steve is a market ain't genius.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying straight up, It's just that money ain't everything. Some people are morally bankrupt, most financially rich. Like a few years ago, he.
Speaker 4: Did it in a T shirt that was ill, that was ill.
Speaker 2: Please continue.
Speaker 6: My thing is this, if I got more like him, I'm not thinking about a corn Mega. I'm not gonna be sending like like in the last I don't know how many years ago, it was recent years. He did an interview and then he was and he said something about me that wasn't too that it wasn't disrespect, but I wasn't feeling it. He was trying to name people on the firm. He was like they was talented, and then he said I was. He said, MEGA wasn't even in the firm. It's like you're trying to raise the history like like, come on dogs, like I was on the front of action, Like so, so what.
Speaker 5: Was that that moment that it was the firm was over?
Speaker 2: Like when you stepped away.
Speaker 5: You know, But I mean we don't know like I mean, I mean like like you know what it is. Your history is so rich and you don't really you know, you don't do a bunch of interviews. You go, you do what you gotta do. But this is something that the fans got to know and and for those who do know, be refreshed about. You know what I'm saying, because this is a hip hop form right here. This ain't no corny shit a hip hop form. Let's speak to the fans for real. You know what I'm saying, corny, you want to drink too cold. Let's do it fifteen years old, let's stop it right now, fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Well, it was your point on.
Speaker 10: That you fly from the own business. Damn fifteen years Come on, Mecca, they drink right there. A little bit of oh you gotta you got to burn the joint, all right, cool cool, Let me know if if you won't drink that custom, I'll knock it down.
Speaker 5: So what was the exact moment where it was like the firm is no longer.
Speaker 1: Now they the firm was still longer.
Speaker 2: I mean, like like the original, the original.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know when I when I didn't sign a production deal and after I got erased up the song, I knew that was a rap.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, But it was it was for him telling you to sign the production deal.
Speaker 6: I mean, he wanted me to sign it. It was a lot of it was a lot of bull crap going on. Put it like that, and it was a lot of it was a lot of you know, you know, it was a lot of funny business going on, and it was a lot of you know, the situation with Nature, Me and Nature didn't have no major beef.
Speaker 1: Like people thought, you know, how.
Speaker 2: Did that start? Because let's let's break that down for me.
Speaker 1: Well, that was just that was just.
Speaker 5: Because nature is this kid from burning what's you know, Natures from tenth Streets from Burnie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 6: Basically when nature basically this is what happened. This is what I got from nature. One day there was in the studio and it was in the anti Cormega environment and niggas gas Nature up to say something about me on the song on that freestyle.
Speaker 1: Actually you was on it too.
Speaker 8: I was on it was it wasn't the Gucci rap ship.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I got to do my research another one.
Speaker 2: But cool ahead.
Speaker 1: So Mary j was on the joint.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so I never thought even at you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, he went ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 6: So so then when I heard that, So I heard at the time when he went at me like you know me.
Speaker 2: What you and nature cool?
Speaker 6: Before that, we was all right, we don't have no drum on that, but you know me like you get rapped.
Speaker 2: And look at my circle mega Bus's gun. That's a fact. It makes no noise about the gun.
Speaker 4: We might we might have a drunk sack. Heial that that dream brought up. Remember when we did the show when Poe came home and we did hear Miami.
Speaker 2: I think that they squashed the beef on stage. Mega on Nature on stage at that show. No cool. But I'm saying y'all showed face for the first time like that men Nature.
Speaker 1: I think so me and Nature been Me and Nature have been cool because they we done.
Speaker 2: A lot of What year was that when Poe came home? Poe came home, that's two thousand and one. Yeah, so you might be a little off with that. It might have been on stage together, but they did a lot of But you gotta remember the Internet wasn't popping back. That's queens. It ain't know on Miami. So that's probably the first.
Speaker 6: That's how you never hear about You never heard the media or fans speculated about me and Nature anymore because I made I made sure people know what we're cool. Even on my last album. I put Nature on my album. But how did how did it actually start?
Speaker 2: So it was no termorial before he said something before that freestyle.
Speaker 1: No, it was like it was like regular project. I mean regular, it was just regular.
Speaker 6: So where was you at when you hear that I was at the crib and I got a call like, yo, nature went at.
Speaker 5: You, and you the crib when you lived in Brooklyn or you lived on on on Union Turnpike.
Speaker 2: That's when I had to yeah, Tota.
Speaker 6: So when that happened, I got the call. It was like your nature went at you. And I was like, you're joking.
Speaker 2: Now, did you blame nature?
Speaker 1: You blame not when nature went at me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I blame both.
Speaker 6: Because it's like this, if somebody, if somebody put a hit on you, somebody, if a boys put a hit on you, I'm not going for the soldier.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go for the.
Speaker 1: Soldier and the boys.
Speaker 2: That's how you looked at it.
Speaker 6: That's exactly how I looked at at it. But but that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Believe that he dissed me, I guess because there.
Speaker 6: Was a point like I'm a different person than what I used to be, like back then I was fresh out and I was like I was just wow and like my circle was so for him to diss me, I was like this, I'm like you joking, like seriously, like you joking, like like somebody found me hard in the basketball game in the center before and dudes knocked him out, like you know how protective my people is so and he lives in that circle. It's like you being It's like you a fish in a in a water, a bunch of sharks and you violate one of the sharks.
Speaker 1: It's like serious.
Speaker 6: So when that happened, I thought, I thought it was a joke, and then somebody else like yo. So then I seen him and let's I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Talking about that.
Speaker 1: I don't want something.
Speaker 2: Said, I already said. He was here, already said all right, well he's a cool niggas my.
Speaker 6: Brother Jermaine backstuff. So that's what we call him. Your let's FA's for that. So that incident happened. And then right after that, I was so mad, you know what I'm saying that I went to the studio and then uh and that's when I that's how and that's how the that's how the distance started. So when me and that's the thing I don't like when you when you're a likable artist, like they'll flip it like you're the good guy or like it's a lot of it's a lot of politics. So then it started becoming oh mega, this nature and et cetera.
Speaker 11: And it takes away the fact that he went at you first exactly, so you're not saying, oh, he just Mega and then Mega responded y'all just making it like, oh, Mega just woke up angry one day and wanted to dis somebody and that wasn't the truth, or like you know what I'm saying, Like you said, no, he been in my crib when I had a crib with a door man and cameras and and it's ceiling.
Speaker 1: High like this.
Speaker 5: First nigga I seen with the door man, I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Need this and this is with Yo Yo.
Speaker 6: Who had the sick thing. Think about this for a second. Who had the sickest house party ever been to.
Speaker 2: Forgot about that?
Speaker 1: At a house party with no album out, no record at DJ absolute DJing in the house. Nory Kane, other rappers was there. We had Champagne toiling.
Speaker 2: It hit that Champagne man. This man, Come on, take a ship, take a sip. Come on, man, come on you you can't be the only guest that didn't drink. You got it. You gotta do it, you gotta do it.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 2: This is sip. I'll think about it. This is for fifteen years man for fifteen years. That's fifty years. Pick it up though, up Yo, So I so how do you and nature work out the beef?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Now it's all because I felt like and I don't mean no dispect, but in a certain way, it was almost like it was like a pond and it was a bigger scheme today.
Speaker 6: But definitely what Nature told me that once. Man, you know I was about to ask you, let me tell you something. Let me chase some street knowledge. You want to find out. You want to find out who your real friends are, actual enemy whould be your enemy is not uncomfortable around? Ain't your friend? So when when after the situation me and Nature happened.
Speaker 2: First of all, he's dropping so to stop drinking good.
Speaker 6: So after after the situation had with me and Nature, we spoke and I was like, yo, what made you do that?
Speaker 1: Because think about this every day? Who am I with?
Speaker 6: I'm with shirm like you know, like my crew is crazy he phrase like.
Speaker 2: Karate like crazy crew.
Speaker 6: So and you know, like you got like these are dudes you got to see every day because I'm not out there all the time, exactly, you got to see them every day. So why'd you do that? So so now he said, yo, ain't gonna front. He said he was in the studio. It was an anti Megan environment, so I guess they were talking Mahama back you know, YadA YadA. Then somebody inspired him.
Speaker 2: He went in the boot.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 6: The track masters recorded him, but he thought it was just like you know, they just joking and fucking around. So he went home. When he went home, they mixed it and put his verse on the dreint and put it out. They come down like that that's true, so so so then it came out and then that's how that's how everything started. But at the end of the day, I hate talking about that.
Speaker 5: No, it's okay, just a great guy and it's just history, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So uh so you do you say, how did y'all fix it? Y'all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, said you sat down and spoke. Yeah, we've been spoke, right, and then our Corey like everybody want to know, like you've been on how hytus, Like you're one of the favorites. Everybody's you know, next stuff to pick to be the next guy. And it's like, you know, if we got the case, we understand that, But what's happening is is the Baby and Wayne situation kind of pulling you away or.
Speaker 9: Not necessarily.
Speaker 7: That's something that I wish it would be, would be fixed really really really really soon.
Speaker 2: Right, Does it look fixed?
Speaker 7: I'm still I'm gonna be honest, I'm still on the outside looking in on the situation, so I don't really I don't really know the details of it, but I'm hoping that it gets fixed resolved really really soon.
Speaker 9: I've been working though. I do a lot of music and I just hold it.
Speaker 7: I got a habit a hole in my music, and I've been I've been working on a project called Criminal Minded. I'm about to release that in like October because it's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Free New York.
Speaker 5: It feels like we're coming back. You know what I like right now? Young Ma, you know what I'm talking about. Young Get made the girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's like s Murder has to make some noise for that. That's gonna be the first. That is the first game rapper. I am CoA sid I do like Young Ma.
Speaker 5: And it's crazy because Copona will never come outside, and I seeing Copone at her shoulder other day, I had to call that.
Speaker 1: Nigga said I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: That's my thing.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry you're gonna laugh though, It's okay, but New York is coming back.
Speaker 5: We got young and may, we got designed of you. Did your flow fix in with the youngins or you more of a og?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: I think I grew up in to answer that question, I came up and uh, i'm'na be honest. I came up listening to y'all, right, I had. I came up listening to you, Megga, like I I feel like I was. I grew up in between generations, right, So it's like I got the kind of like the certain respect for the history and a certain respect for the craft that a.
Speaker 9: Lot of people don't know that I have knowledge out.
Speaker 7: A lot of people will probably think, oh he too young, Oh he to this or to that, he don't know about this, right, So it's like I was, really I think I having that knowledge and having being grown up listening to the lyricists and just listening to people with different different flows styles shout out the pun right, just different people, you know what I'm saying. I think I don't ever think my flow would be I think I don't ever think my flow would be what do you I think it's timeless and.
Speaker 2: Should be Like I.
Speaker 5: Want to get into a whole Ris lyricist thing. But what I'm trying to say to you is being on young money. Yeah, just say that shit works out tomorrow. As much as the lyricists you are, you gotta play with that. Would you be willing to play with that other world because that's young money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you saying the main word is young Yeah.
Speaker 9: You gotta have fun with it.
Speaker 7: You gotta have fun at the same time, that's what it's about at the end of the day, loveling what you do and when you love what you do, it ain't the.
Speaker 9: Job, it ain't work.
Speaker 7: So that's what That's what's mainly been keeping me motivated at the end of the day. Like I'm just balancing it, like knowing the balance, like having a knowledge and still knowing the balance. My Christmas gifts when I was a little with albums, I wanted albums and radios and stuff like that Whayne album Block Is Hot.
Speaker 9: It was on my Christmas list.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 9: Like to be honest, I even met her.
Speaker 7: So I grew up just in an environment and just wanting the dude wanted to be an artist first, but at the same time knowing that you gotta have fun my pops to be.
Speaker 9: To be real with you, my Pops.
Speaker 7: Didn't want me to rap, like he was like people want different people on the block will tell him about me.
Speaker 9: When I first started writing mom.
Speaker 5: Stuff say one time that he didn't want you to rap, but he since you su spent bars and realized you were better than him. And that's when I seem to interview you know what I mean. That's ill, but I mean that's your pops, so it's no disrespecting him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Pop, he definitely my biggest inspiration.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about more love and hip hop? You agree or it's like, fuck it.
Speaker 1: Let'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 7: When I first heard about it, I was more worried about what other people would think. But it's like, as long as my Pops is good and at the end of the day, that's my father, I'm riding with him, whether you're wrong or right.
Speaker 2: Oh and he shined it too, he glowing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I see that nigga the other day and I said, you looking like money, but.
Speaker 2: I can't, nigga.
Speaker 5: You know, it's so dope, man, for people to be in this music because there's so many bitter people, you know what I'm saying that been in this music business. They don't because if you don't get what you get in this music business, a lot of the times, ninety percent of the blame is on you. You understand what I'm saying, because there's so many different ways to be independent, especially nowadays, especially nowadays being independent, the Spotify shit, the streams. I'm gonna be honest, a lot of people don't know and jay Z is not paying me, so I'm gonna just throw this out there. Put that other bottle roles in there. Title has one of the illest formats ever for artists like Micah You ever did something through it out and said, damn, I wish I could actually go back in there and we record that title with the streams.
Speaker 2: You can go back in there Kanye and Kanye is doing. It's the most brilliant thing.
Speaker 5: So I sit back and say, if an artist is not going out there and getting it, he just really don't want it sometimes. But so I'm just saying, there's so many opportunities. But lyricism questions question to you, Mega, you listen to all this thing can lyricistism live in twenty sixteen on a mainstream scale, Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Could, it could Hen Drake, Yeah, Kendrick Hendrick brought that. Kendrick quarterback J Cole. I think Corey, Oh, every time I see Corey, I'll tell him when I say that. Every time I see him as be like, yo, what's the music or you know, I always ever since I've been seeing him, I always try to push him in, the courage him because I like the direction he's going in. But lyricism could always live because especially now and these times, because there's so much see the differ between rapping and and hip hop also and lyricism is because lyricism you paint pictures. There's so much happening in the world right now now with us as people. You have Black Lives Matter, you got the politics, was all so much to talk about. That is captivating when you when when people hold on to your words.
Speaker 1: Now now now you invoke any emotions or you're having a connection with people, and that's why you know, that's important, and that's why when the more the more newer artists do it, it helps because everybody wants to do what those new artists doing. I think I think one rapper that's out of the newer generation that that I really have learned to appreciates Drake.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say Young Thub.
Speaker 9: I haven't heard Young.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard much of Young though, but I've heard I heard, I've heard these alright. Yeah, I'm not I'm not judgmental. Like the problem with a lot of rappers that have been out old school or veterans or legends some of them is they're too they're too closed minded, Like you can't just say, well, they don't do it like how we did it.
Speaker 1: Of course they don't because that's a different time, just like we don't travel like George Robson in them newsed too.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like if anything, like.
Speaker 2: Some fans are like they don't want to leave the nineties, Like I respect that, but I know that when I.
Speaker 5: Pay my bills to say, twenty sixteen, no doubt, Like I love the nineties.
Speaker 1: I understand. I understand where they coming from the nineties, like skill was your bad badge of honor and people put their heart more in it now with that, let me tell you something. I was watching send on TV the other day. It was like it was Jamie Fox.
Speaker 6: I think it was like a comedy and the dude was rapping joking right, like you remember when dude that.
Speaker 1: Couldn't rap used to rap.
Speaker 6: And it was funny or crackhead rappers that's but now I was like, yo, he could do that right now, come over to the album and it's sad because it's now like, look, the phones that we have now is better.
Speaker 1: Than the phones ten years ago.
Speaker 6: The TVs we have now is better than the cars we have now is better, But the rhyms we have now aren't better than ten years ago. Even R and B is regressing, Like you listen to a real RB song, R ANDV songs with the song people made babies or the songs that that made women and men fall in love with nowadays.
Speaker 2: Now, dad, you can make an R and B song if you want.
Speaker 1: People work auto to on you. But but every every song don't have to be about straight fucking like you turn the radio. Like Rihanna got a song talking.
Speaker 2: About better have her money.
Speaker 6: No, not that one. It's sex with me, sex with me something. She got a song talking I love I Love Rihanna. I think she got the best album out right, now, but I don't want to. I don't want to hear that song at three o'clock in the afternoon when I got my daughter in the car.
Speaker 2: It's like whoa.
Speaker 1: Because kids are smart, they catch on.
Speaker 6: So I want to hear Rihanna in my space, not in the kids space, you know what I'm saying. So it's like certain it's radio's fault because radio needs to have s guidline to safeguards to protect kids because kids, kids are smart and they and they observed of it, so our kids don't need to be learning about sex or all this. This is three o'clock in the afternoon. This was on Don't Get It Twisted. I love Rihanna's album is Dope, but I don't want my daughter to listen to that right now. She could listen to it in a.
Speaker 1: Few more years.
Speaker 4: I think the hip hop's at its best when there's balance, yeah, exactly, because you need both sides, all sides of the spectrum, you know exactly. That's when I think it's at its best.
Speaker 6: You up with me and Lyric System definitely came back, though, It's just that there's a lot of other stuff that's competing with it.
Speaker 2: And then and then who do you approve of lyricism? Who do I like? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know who I really like right now?
Speaker 6: Who I think doesn't get enough credit, but he's incredible.
Speaker 5: Push your t oh, yeah he ain't like now like guy he damn it was in the class after us.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: New guys, let me see, I got two questions for you, A new guy and then somebody that nobody would never think mega would like to give meth guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the new guy like the most is that's a deep question. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I respect.
Speaker 6: I respect Kendrick what Kendrick does a lot, like he brought the passion back.
Speaker 1: Into it and the whole TD too, the whole movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I respect that.
Speaker 6: I respect the ASAP movement too, Like they're a bunch of hungry younger artists.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I guess that. I guess them. But there's a lot of artists.
Speaker 2: She's gonna say, Joey Badass.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Joey Badass is nice. Joey Badass. I told him, you remind me of like Black Moon.
Speaker 4: When they first show looks like a show you think, Yeah, you think you're watching like Black Moon and the Old there's a lot.
Speaker 5: Of Now what's something called meacka like that? Nobody that niggas right now? Everybody like get the fuck out of here. He was like, like with Pink Floyd, I ain't scared of it.
Speaker 4: Tell Nick straight up what you gotta say, Pink Floyd, because I'm trunk people, let me get away.
Speaker 1: I like jazz. I've been listening to a lot of jazz lately. I like jazz. I fuck with Guns and Roses. They had a concert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're back together.
Speaker 1: I think the Beatles song Imagine is incredible. I love reggae.
Speaker 6: My favorite reggae istes Rings and Coaches, not forgetting nineties eighties eight coaches that I love that since the nazis my favorite female reggae artist. I got a new song with Sizzler, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I got Sizzling on my album to.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 6: Ain't got the sings live Guy, I got and NOI is on.
Speaker 2: The record with cisls.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, definitely, I'm forgetting Corey that nobody thinks would be like, yo, what to get.
Speaker 2: The fuck out of here? Corey? Guns don't do that? Fuck with that.
Speaker 9: I listen.
Speaker 7: I listened to a lot of like classic stuff. When I say classic, like James Brown, I listened to Prince. I grew up listening to Michael Prince and Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Guns and Roses. Nirvana is one of my favorite bands of all time. Like, but I listened, I grew up listening to a lot of Prince and Michael My household, how about.
Speaker 2: You man, it's on you everything they just said. I actually I liked a lot of rock ship.
Speaker 4: I was back in the days Iron Maiden, Mega Death, like I was on some crazy ship.
Speaker 2: But then I transferred into like from that point now you can hear.
Speaker 4: I had a mixtape when I was It would have Mega Death, Beastie Boys, l Iron Maiden, and.
Speaker 2: The Beatles, the beat Dope. I think I just want to ask me. You just told us it was Pinky Floyd. That was one, you know what? Another one that I really really liked it. And this this this is like you the.
Speaker 5: Question, I answered, Mega the New and then's something it's actually both. I couldn't because I'm such a big Wayne fans, just a big Wayne supporter.
Speaker 2: He's my brother.
Speaker 5: But I listened to the what was it, the Barter six, the Young Dog Shit and I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: I did. I did.
Speaker 5: I can't even front on young dog. I can't even front on it. That was kind of hard, you know what I'm saying. But Wayne's my brother. But they squashed it. They're doing shows now and everything, so but that was mine, Like, like I want to be the god uh to embrace the new generation.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be the person that comes around and be like yo in my days, Yo, Yo in my day. You don't have to abandon your old principle. No, I don't want be That's what some people do. I hate when older dudes try to act young.
Speaker 4: Okay, so like they abandoned their principles because to me, that's what ogs are for, to leave the youth.
Speaker 2: Like similar to what Fat Joe was doing.
Speaker 5: Like if I think fad Joe is keeping the hip hop integrity at the same time all the way up, does cater to the new generation all the way up?
Speaker 2: Hard hard espakes the nooise all the way up? Mann, I hope that motherfucker go platinum. Man, I got something to do with that, But continue, I'm sorry, what is that? Like?
Speaker 4: Do you understand what I'm saying, but it doesn't mean it's not a departure perfect Fat Joe. It's not too much of a departure from who he is and what he's been doing, right, Like, it's not it's not too crazy, like you can see the progression and what Fat Joe's doing, right, He's not regressing and trying to act young.
Speaker 2: No boy in the club and wild no.
Speaker 5: But it caters to the young audience. What I'm saying is, you know, old dudes would say, you know, I'm all the way up after they see the young ins and and the chicks on there. But that's not the first thing a person in his thirties and his forties is gonna think of.
Speaker 2: But that's a young person thing.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is it's kind of balanced because it is catering to the young audience without uh uh uh, you know, disproving hip hop. Like I can see Kara rest One, I can see who Hirk saying they fucked well all the way up, you know what I'm saying. I can't see them saying that about other music that exists, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, you can think that's you think you know what I mean for us being from New York, my man being from you know, Miami, And this is a discussion I just wanted to have, like a straight up and hip hop discussion, like you know what I'm saying, and I want to get back into you guys, But like, what do you think the.
Speaker 2: Forefathers think of this generation?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You think they disapprove or or doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I think that's a conversation that you should have.
Speaker 6: I think you should have some of them on your showing you're trying, we need to But how do.
Speaker 2: You feel because Megan, you're a legend, right, And I hate to be.
Speaker 1: Called a legend, to be honest, But why why?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 6: Because when I see when I think of people who are legends, I don't think that i'll match up. I haven't done what they've done. Like if every being rock him with legends, then how am I a legend?
Speaker 1: Or if like like certain people are icons, I consider myself a vet.
Speaker 6: Maybe in a few years, if I keep putting out, then I consider that I'll be comfortable with legends. But if every be's a leg if every being rock him is legends in public, enemies legends, like how the fuck are my legend. I haven't done with Dave done. They've transcended the whole genre. I'm just trying to do. I'm just trying to make them proud.
Speaker 5: I gotta agree with you and disagree with you, because you know why us as quote unquote legends like Yo, b I just seen you pack of house in the middle of midtown Miami. Motherfuckers don't come over here right around the corner. They get killed, They get robs right around here. You probably don't know, you know, I'm sure you know. But what I'm saying is I just seen people come out watched.
Speaker 2: Man. The only time I left, I had to piss. I'm sorry. I never leave a person's show, but I had to peep. I got a peep right now, but I'm holding it.
Speaker 5: But I was out there, and I don't only watch you because you a nigga from my hood, and I'd be so proud to see another nigga from my hood maintaining and surviving and doing it. But I had one point moved. I was looking directly at you, and at one point moved be listen. Just wanted to see the crowd, and these motherfuckers knew every fucking word.
Speaker 2: They knew every word. And you know what it is.
Speaker 5: You ain't had a record on the radio in the past. I don't know how many years me neither solo.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And when you could do that, that is the definition of legendary. My brother.
Speaker 4: And artist subjective. So if a fancy thinks you're a legend, you're definitely a legendcy I know what he means.
Speaker 5: But see, legendary status doesn't mean comparing yourself to another legend, because in that case, I would I could never be chrest One. Carrist One is and I'm from Queens and I told him that I can never match up the careas one.
Speaker 2: But I know kids who look at me like here rest One. I know kids who look at me like a nas. There's people who.
Speaker 5: Look at me like a j I don't And if they say, oh, man, you're the next Nods, I wouldn't say, I'm like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: What the fuck? But at the end of the day, I don't know what I did for these kids. Like I got people who tell me I used to have your hosters and and I look at them and I'm like, all right, cool, Well you're my nigga.
Speaker 12: Now, and they could never really be my nigga because that's how they look at me.
Speaker 5: They look at me as this person who raised them in high school. And trust me, I knew that already, but me seeing that again, it just reassured me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: All these people that came out this big up to eight or nine clothing where we're at, they packed the motherfucking what is this ship called the parking lot?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: This is real hip hop what you did today? These niggas performed in the parking lot and they made a stage. Got damn, it makes some noise?
Speaker 1: Got that?
Speaker 2: Then shout out Rich for bringing the liquor as well.
Speaker 5: We don't we don't recommend you go to jail, but if it, I exit, Bob, I exit bails.
Speaker 2: Bomb. Shout out to my homie after the bomb. Now, Mega, I gotta I got it. I gotta awful. You had the big buzz in the industry from jail. Is this correct? Like like you was crazy? Like I remember before you went to jail.
Speaker 5: I seen you one time Lake hung out with shot Meet shot Meet and Lake brung me to a place called the Terror Doll.
Speaker 1: You remember that, Yo?
Speaker 2: Damn I'm going back. I'm going to be some old niggas. That was like last year. All right. We went to a place called the Terror Dome and then I met you, like it was a little nigga.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I must have been eleven years old. You went away, you came back.
Speaker 5: Before you came back, it was like you had million dollar deals, like oprage is from the rumor. I don't know if this is true, but there was everybody wanted this person name called Mecca.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how was that like?
Speaker 1: Because that was crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you came home and you did you know that?
Speaker 5: Because it was when Nah said, H called Mega and then it was And then at that time he was in jail.
Speaker 2: But I believe Hot Day started releasing like some of your music.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had a I before I went to If I didn't go to jail, I would have had an album out like around that time.
Speaker 2: I was. I was working on the album with Mally Ma before Wow.
Speaker 1: I was working on the album with Mally Molly Mam still got those.
Speaker 2: Tracks Wow, and they need to release that.
Speaker 1: And so I was working on that and then I blew trial. So I went to jail.
Speaker 6: So if you listen to every rapper from Queensbridge that was coming out. They was, They was giving me shout outs like Poet was like rappers a lucky that my man called Mega's up North on his single. So it's like and I was humble by that up North. I was like wow, but I was proud of everybody at the same time. Then marb he blew up. It's like wow. So that's what made me like But when I came before, I came home and had the buzz from from my old music service floating around like sex, drugs, bitches and money and all.
Speaker 2: That other stuff.
Speaker 6: And then other song that had was circulating, and then with the shoutouts, that just took it to another level. So then when I came home and then I started jumping on, I started jumping on a lot of mixtapes that like remember Puffy used to do mixtape bad Boy mixtape, So I was on the one with Stretch on Strong that was a big deal.
Speaker 2: Me tool a nigga, come on yeah. And I was getting Who's doing all the promos for?
Speaker 4: Because I was I'm a mixtape DJ from my I was getting all the dats they were sending me, all the leaks on that who was doing that that.
Speaker 1: Was probably violated.
Speaker 6: That's what I was gonna violated because I didn't know about That's proud of that. So I had the crazy buzz and I had like no, no, no, you being humble.
Speaker 5: Listen, you had the illess buzz and the whole like you know, I compare it to like shines buzz, Like Shine's buzz was.
Speaker 2: Like that, but a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 5: That was like you was like the first like bitting wall I ever heard.
Speaker 2: Of in the industry, like most like you know, I mean me me personally, Like I'm looking like that.
Speaker 5: This nigga, this nigga came home. He came home as let's say, I heard they offer you a million dollars. They didn't even hear a record yet, is that true? No off your deal without hearing a record.
Speaker 1: Keep a lot of people offer me your man's offered me a dad penalty.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise of penalty they were supposed to use.
Speaker 4: He was, he was.
Speaker 1: They didn't have enough for me. I was packing, Yeah, but I was stupid because.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, and and I hope there's young artists listening. It's always it's not about the most money that they're gonna give you. It's about the most effort that they're gonna give you. So the label's gonna give you a whole bunch of money, but not put effort into you. That's a bad investment money.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 6: If there's a label that's gonna make you a priority, you know what I'm saying, then that's gonna significantly boost your career. Now, with me, there's a lot of when keeping it real goes wrong situations, you know what I'm saying with my career.
Speaker 1: Because Puff wanted just sign me, but somebody that me and you both know, said, nah, don't do that because it might.
Speaker 6: Affect the firm. So I didn't do that, so I kept it real. Then there was another situation when Loud wanted to sign me. They was like, yo, we want to mess with yo.
Speaker 2: Perfect that right now.
Speaker 6: Loud wanted to sign me and everybody Steve Riskin's brother, I was talking to him at how can I be down? They said, we want to sign Mega, but we don't like his man. That was the guy that was managing me, because they said because he screwed us on the Noy deal. You know what I'm saying, so you know it's yo, Loyalty will backfire on you if you do it to the wrong if you give it to the wrong people. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, and it's not you know, I could have had a few situations, but I didn't do it on the strength of other people.
Speaker 1: So death Jams violator.
Speaker 6: The reason I sound a violator because they offered me not just not only the most money, but all of my publishing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like Chris, like that was a violator, yo. I asked him.
Speaker 6: Of people wanted to sign me, I had different parts of death Jam want to sign me because it was like there was like no doubt death Jam violated death Jam.
Speaker 2: It was different.
Speaker 1: So I had different late like magic for labels. So I ended up with doing the thing with Chris because for one, I respect how how he moved. For two, he gave me all of my publishing, which is unheard of him those times.
Speaker 2: So so people said, oh, so all on home because a lot of people thought you was gonna violator management.
Speaker 1: No records exactly exactly, And that's.
Speaker 6: Why and that's why you know, I think violator management was better than Violator Records. Violator Records was dope when when they let David artists Now was that Warren G was rang G when heated Fox. He might have been Violator for a little while too. But then death Jams just took just took over because she was a superstar. But when Dave Bloty was running Violator, they should have just let Dave Bloody keep running it because Dave, you know, Dave.
Speaker 5: Was Dave texted me the other day, Dave put a lot of effort into Wow, Dave Lighty would love to hear that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I keep it real man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Just like even people, I'm the type of dude, even if I had a difference with people, I give credit where is due, and there's a lot of people in the induesty that I've done. I always tell Havoc that I'm grateful for what he has done in my career. And even with you, I'll be like yo, I say, Norri, like you might not even remember this. I'll tell you two things that you did. I was crazy real one All Star Weekend one year you was doing the show.
Speaker 1: I was just chilling.
Speaker 6: You pulled me on the stage and let me perform right. That was one thing that was real because you know a lot of artists don't do that. And another thing you did one time we was chilling and the first time, the first and only time I ever been on DJ Clues radio show was.
Speaker 1: With me and you took me up there.
Speaker 2: Le's make some noise in me keeping it real. I can vouch for mega man. I never had like a phony moment around you at all.
Speaker 5: Like there's so many people that I could if I would have to count on my toes and fingernails.
Speaker 2: I've never had a phony phony moment with you. Like We've always been stand up dude.
Speaker 5: You always had the illest reputation in the hood. You know, Queensbridge is like my second home. You know what I'm saying, And so I just I know this is this has passed, But like, how did how did we spoke about the nature incident? But what was the like the first time you spoke to Naves and you felt like the energy isn't right.
Speaker 2: So you wanted to do your own thing.
Speaker 1: The term.
Speaker 6: You might remember this, there was a magazine called why s b y s b Okay. So there was a photo shoot one day and Steve Stout called my man Biz. He's like, Yo, we're having a firm photo shoot. Tell Mega to come through.
Speaker 1: I went all the way uptown, got a haircut, and then after that I went to Uptown Records. I went to Uptown Records because I had to pick up a check from doing a song with the R and B group.
Speaker 6: Right while I'm at Uptown, I see do who happens to be A Z's manager.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 6: So the reason I went up to Uptown Records instead of going to the firm photo shoot because Steve Stout called and said, oh, the photo shooter's canceled.
Speaker 2: Don't come right.
Speaker 6: So I was like cool, So I went uptown Uptown RECs to get the check. So when I see Dio, he's like, he's AS's manager. He's like, why aren't you at the photo shoot? You're doing the photo shoot right now?
Speaker 1: And I was like you sure? It was like at that photo shoot, Nah, you wasn't at that aware. He was like, he's like, I'm positive. So right then and there, my pride wouldn't let me go.
Speaker 6: I could have went, but like the elephant in the room, like if iys wanted to be here, I would have been there, so I didn't go. And then when I seen something, I said, listen, if we're gonna let music come between.
Speaker 1: Us, then it's like savage.
Speaker 6: I was like, yo, I said, I said, you might as well just but y'all, I'll see what's happening. I said, why don't you just let nature take my place? Because that's what you know what I'm saying, because that's obviously what happened. Because I underestimated the power of Steve back then, because I'm thinking, this is my man.
Speaker 1: So this stuff Steve saying is saying about Steve.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I'm like, Steve, the stuff Steve saying it ain't gonna is irrelevant because now exactly it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Is not my man, not gonna let that happen. But I underestimated him. I was wrong.
Speaker 6: So I basically told him, like, yo, man, you might as well let nature replace me because that's.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: He's like, Nah, that had never happened, Da da da, But it did.
Speaker 6: Happen, so right then, and I was like, Yo, if we're gonna let money come between us, then we it's like savages.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So that's when I knew shit was was was with you know what I'm saying, And it just changed after that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So and now like because he shouted you out on one love that was like the biggest record of the year.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't homes I wouldn't know, but I know I was proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what was your relationship like before? We was mad? Cool? I got mad letters from him.
Speaker 6: I got one love letters at my house now that it broke me when I was in jail, like.
Speaker 5: Yo one time, because the rumor was, and I don't want to cut you off, You've got to finish the story because people gonna kill me. But the rumor was that's who in the beginning, that's who now has got a style from coll Maga.
Speaker 1: You have to talk to him about that.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying the rumor. I'm not talking about him. I'm saying that was the rumor. It wasn't like he said that.
Speaker 2: It was like the rumor was. I mean that that was what it was like. You know, Queenses is a whole section.
Speaker 6: I'll say this, I can't take any credit for that man's success, Like at the end of the day, that man has become one of the greatest lyricistms ever of all time, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I can't take credit for that, Like you know what I'm saying, I can't take any credit for that.
Speaker 2: He did it.
Speaker 1: He did, He did him, and he's where he's at, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But before all of that, I did stuff for him back in the day that he did stuff for me, Like the first time he ever performed at Brooklyn Queen's Day, you know, Brooken Queen It was a big deal with us.
Speaker 5: I remember Brooklyn Queen's Day Oca Nelly as the first time I seen live at the barbecue.
Speaker 1: But when you ask now the first time he performed at Brooken Queen's Day, he will tell you it was me. We went to We went there Mad.
Speaker 6: Deep and Trash was performing and then that's when my man Yam Me God Blessed there was like, yo, let Mega perform.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He was like, let Mega bron so Yamy jumped on the stage like they basically made him make me rhyme.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying, Because I was the voice of the other Street.
Speaker 6: So I got on the stage and Iran and when I got on stage, I was like, Nas, come on, I brought Nads up like he'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: So it's like, no, that was in Queens You were supposed to be the next guy and then you got locked up.
Speaker 1: And then that's a fact, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's that's at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: I always say this about Nas and mab Deep when people try to not give them their credit. I say this, Nas and Marv Deep deserve their success because I tell you this, when I was on the block hustling and getting into trouble and doing all that they was in.
Speaker 1: The studio, they worked harder for it.
Speaker 6: They earned it, you know what I'm saying. So that's their success wasn't given to them.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of artists.
Speaker 6: Queen Bridge has a storied history, but there came a point where some people just use queen Bridge as like a credit card, like the can. They could just say queens Bridge and get a deal, or just say queen Bridge and you're supposed to get respect.
Speaker 1: You have to work for that, you know what I'm saying. So, so at one point, right, it is what it is with that.
Speaker 5: So Mega, there's been a room of floating around that uh seeingn mob deep nahs. It's supposed to be a queen's talk called Mega.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear my name.
Speaker 2: That's why you hear, baby, this.
Speaker 4: Is what we do.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to say me, there's a check under this table.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, yo, listen, man, is this something that you think because listen, you know what you know what people's me And some dude was talking and he was like, you know, queens is like compt y'all get along with.
Speaker 2: Nobody said I.
Speaker 6: Always told people that I be like, Queens is the most I'd be like, queens just don't get along even like you know, back in the day, people used to try to tease queens. Queens but yeah, quiet queens. But queens is wild as fuck. And when you think about the most rappers that got killed, the most rappers got killed in Queens and the most rapid differences from queens.
Speaker 5: Right, So it's like you think it's because a barrow big or just because we found me.
Speaker 6: I think it's I don't know, I think it's I think it's ego. Sometimes I don't know what it is. But with queens Bridge, with our small circle, you know what it is too. Queen Bridge is so fucking big. It's six Blockslet's break it down for people.
Speaker 5: There's forty fifth side of twelth Street, then it's forty first side of twelfth Street. Then it's fortieth side of tenth Street, then forty first side.
Speaker 1: Of It's two each in the south side, so it's six blocks. You come down and eat big, which is the block is big enough to be its own project.
Speaker 2: Each block is big enough to be a left frack. That's a fact.
Speaker 6: One block there's a lot of crackers. Only one block there's a lot of rappers. That differences ain't even really from the rapper. It'd be from the people that hang with the rapperup like nature and me Ben would have been working. But if people in this circle that was like, nah, don't do it because it's gonna look like you're kissing his ass when that's stupid. Because the quicker that you nullify it, the quicker the beef is gone. So it's like some people don't think strategic.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: That word you use, nigga, said mellowfied.
Speaker 5: No doubt number five, mellowfied, I'll text we are down another five.
Speaker 2: We doesn't replace photos.
Speaker 3: Know what?
Speaker 2: That shop always so good? Not please? Brother, this is your format. Brother, you know what I'm saying. We so man for fifteen years, so get it.
Speaker 1: I'm yo, but I'm proud of you for hitting.
Speaker 5: I'm about to hit twenty okay, when it is twenty seventeen, next year.
Speaker 2: Next year here, so listen, okay.
Speaker 1: I heard about the tour, but I didn't hear nothing about corn Mega.
Speaker 5: No, that's what we're doing. We didn't add fifty cent names. He came here added, that's what listen, Queen Supreme me and you really know?
Speaker 1: Can is it?
Speaker 2: Is it even possible? Or am I?
Speaker 5: You know a queen's a queen still because it was a rumor and I'm just spread in the room, I'm helping spread the romo.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's even possible?
Speaker 6: I think anything is possible if people wanted to happen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So my thing is this.
Speaker 6: On one of my albums, I said, I'm no longer seeking acceptance of people who ain't feeling me, or squeezing my weapon for people who ain't real ast me. So forget the weapon part. I'm trying to trying to make peace with people. I'm not extending my hand to a clenched fist.
Speaker 1: So I squashed all my differences with every rapper.
Speaker 6: I don't got people, no rapper right now, you know what I'm saying. The only the difference that that I had in recent years. It was a small thing that hurt me because I got history with Freddie Fox because that's my big bro.
Speaker 2: And it was nothing I said.
Speaker 1: It was a little misunderstanding pretty much like that. But we fixed that and I love him.
Speaker 2: That's my big so.
Speaker 1: And I'm about to do and y' y'all know, so me and him about to do something about to me and him about to.
Speaker 6: Do something music too, Freddie Fox, champs guy, yeah Soles. As far as as far as a queen's talk, I think that would be great and I think it is possible.
Speaker 1: But some people rather hold grudges than summit so so because I think I've hear him, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: But you and nas are on great terms, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I don't know. I don't know what's going on. And I tried, and I don't care like I did my part, like there was a you might when you're talking about the squashing on beef on stage, you might have been talking about on me and Nas came out together.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is not a show that we did one. You definitely squashed my.
Speaker 6: Beef for him in two thousand and six. So if he has a problem, I don't know. I don't got no beef for him. There hasn't been no.
Speaker 1: Mega diss record, no mega side talk, no nothing.
Speaker 6: So if he still got an issue with me, that's something he got to take up with himself, because I don't got no way for him. I don't got no beef with no rapper from Queensbridge.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying on.
Speaker 1: None the only.
Speaker 6: Rapper that that that that I'm wondering if I should even that I have question marks about from a from an integrity standpoint, it's p.
Speaker 2: Because for one, I didn't read his book.
Speaker 6: I don't care about the book, but the way that he disrespected Lake and sharam right like, even though having spoken to Lake and shearm in a minute, they have been so loyal to me in life and they have did so much for me in life that I just feel uncomfortable rocking with him at this you know what I'm saying, because it's not beneficial to me, you know what I'm saying, And it's not like.
Speaker 1: It is not like he extends itself, So it's like I feel it's not worth it. Like if he still has differences with them, I'd rather play the back. And now I don't got no beef with him, but I feel uncomfortable dealing with you if if you at odds with them because sharm like these dudes.
Speaker 6: I haven't spoken to him in a long time, but they are mad loyal dudes.
Speaker 1: So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And Lake, I haven't spoken, did an album, but I want you to finish.
Speaker 1: If he still got differences with them, I don't think it's worth I'd rather just kick back because it's not like me and.
Speaker 6: Him speak all the time, or you know what I'm saying. So it's like I don't have no beef for him, but that needs to be fixed. You know what I'm saying, because at the end of the day, Sharon put.
Speaker 1: In work for me and Lake was like me and Lake was like inseparable. Like you know what I'm saying, You could like Lake is the type of dude if you said something bad about me, he would have did something to you. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, I can't front on that. You know what I'm saying, I can't front on that. Like so even though I haven't spoken in a minute, we won't.
Speaker 6: Everybody's doing their own thing. But I can't front on him, Sharm, Sharon told me. Sharm is the reason why I chilled out. Like Sharam was like, yo, Mega, chill you don't have to do nothing like I'm here, like like they had me. You know what I'm saying, So how can I How can I not expect that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like I try to be sometimes neutral doesn't work. I try to be neutral with certain things, you know what I'm saying, even with other people that me and you was cool with that. You know, I try to be neutral, but sometimes it didn't work.
Speaker 6: So as far as the Queen's Bridge Tour or Queen's Tour, that'll be dope. But people have to figure out what their issue is, you know what I'm saying, Like your man have to figure out what his issue is with me, because I don't got no issue with him, But what if.
Speaker 5: It is just simply like you know sometimes like for me for instance, I can't speak for anybody else not it. But I'm the type of dude that if I don't stay in contact with anybody, it's not on purpose. It's not on purpose. It's just I'm doing me. We may you meant, but my love doesn't change. Like no matter where I see you, you don't gotta tell me. You in Miami, you look in the crowd, and this nigga's really in the crowd.
Speaker 2: And keep it real. Last time you performed down here, like because you know that's just who I am.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something I always respect. Let me tell you something, not say this. Nobody ever even knows this.
Speaker 6: Only reason that me and you wasn't even even more cooler than we was was because certain people would have been mad.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it right what you're saying.
Speaker 6: So it's like you say, so you know what I'm saying. It's it's like that, and the game is funny. I remember being in your yo. Let me tell you how much love you showed me. You had that song What What What? That's one of the biggest songs out and you gave me a big part in the video.
Speaker 2: R you know you said you talking about n O R E staying so nigga using.
Speaker 4: The video and.
Speaker 2: I forgot you know, smoke weed this, think of memory, check this he's here, DC this out.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this? Okay, this is the craziest thing.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 6: I was in that video and this is why I stopped this, why I fell back from you. It wasn't beef, but I was like, wow, niggas just don't want me to have anything.
Speaker 1: I can't have friends know nothing. After I was in your video, somebody called you and said, why was Megan in your video?
Speaker 4: Deep?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 2: Somebody with somebody. So still listen you guys. You know say what someone saying. I've never been I don't even know what word this is, but he got me there. Man's deep that that was true.
Speaker 1: That's what me and you stopped. They have no beef.
Speaker 2: That's what I was like.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't want to have to say. I don't want to mess up nor read. I don't want to get people getting mad. It's like it's like little kids, Oh, if you play with Billy, you can't be my friend no more so it's like mother got the cools showed me and Nory with me, and nor was always cool.
Speaker 2: Then we started getting.
Speaker 1: Cooler and then somebody said, yo, why was making your video? And then I was like wow, so I stopped.
Speaker 2: I just he's absolutely right. You're not gonna tell us what this somebody is.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's it's you know, it's a long situations, long story.
Speaker 2: It's complicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not that serious. But at the end of the day, at the end of the day, let me tell you this, I'm.
Speaker 2: I don't hold grudges.
Speaker 1: And if you.
Speaker 6: Look at Queen's Bridge, I'm not even the biggest artist, but I probably work with more artist from Queeny than any artist. Now you want me break it down to you, look at this you got PhD.
Speaker 1: I was on their album. I was on Screwball album. I was on Poe's album. I was on a Crazy album. I was on a NAS album. I was on a mab Deep album. I was on a p album. I was on a Lake album. I'm not even thinking hard, so you can't. So you can't say I don't get a along with people. Run on taxes on DVD said Megan's the heart of the Bridge. I didn't pay him to say that. I didn't even know he's going to say that. Like, I get along with everybody, so I don't hold brudgets. If we squashed something, once we have peace, we have peace, and I'm thinking it's peace.
Speaker 6: So as far as the Queen's tour, I don't you know, I don't mind touring. I don't mind making money. I don't mind working with my people, you know what I'm saying. But I don't want to be like. I don't got time we grown men. I don't got time to.
Speaker 1: Be figuring about, damn, why this dude don't like me?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't got time to be thinking about what did I do this time? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't got time for that.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, I'm independent and I'm kind of sort of somebody in that indy world. So I'm good. You know what I'm saying. I don't like and I forget your dude did a lot yo.
Speaker 6: The industry tried to paint a picture of me that wasn't even accurate, Like I never said I had I didn't like nor brought up the fact I had a crib on Q guardess and all of that.
Speaker 1: A lot of people in the industry thought I was living in the queen Bridge.
Speaker 6: Oh Megan, still the queen Niggas, yo, dogs I had I had a trip with the door man.
Speaker 5: When you thought I was the queens, don't niggas thought in the balcony, nigga, I was out there like that.
Speaker 2: I smoke.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 6: I bid the cars I had, I had crazy cars. I bid, had Julie before wrap I off. Let's just tell you what q guardens is. That's where the courthouse is. That's where the lawyers and the judges live. Niggas don't live there. Let's make some noise for Meca.
Speaker 2: Let's big a freeze too, man, you know what I mean. Definitely, But ahead, Mecca.
Speaker 5: So, I heard you on stage say you was black balled or what is this is the word you use your blacklisted?
Speaker 2: Black listed? What is? What is? What is? What does that exactly mean?
Speaker 5: Because I hear artists say that, and when I hear other artists say that, I don't want to hear it when.
Speaker 2: I see that, because because like and you're when when like you know.
Speaker 1: I was black listening, that should with me?
Speaker 5: Is I never had the power to actually listen if if that was ever the case with your situation.
Speaker 2: But when I hear other artists up and coming.
Speaker 5: And they catch be for somebody and they say I'm blacklisted, I'd be like that.
Speaker 2: Nigga ain't really that powerful. That's you're talking on this blacklisting? You tell us Elliott Wilson trains coming.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know if I'm never listen right, I don't know if you heard of them niggas.
Speaker 2: Some found as the real last question about telling me I had some real good Wilson, look at listen, man, He's gonna let y'all know. So what was I saying?
Speaker 1: What was I saying?
Speaker 2: What was I saying? I was into that about the blacklist ship?
Speaker 1: I was really blacklisted. I was definitely really yo.
Speaker 2: You know, how do you know.
Speaker 4: List?
Speaker 1: I didn't even know I was on the shelf. I found I was on the shelf from raptors, from people in the industry.
Speaker 6: That liked me, like, yo, man, I feel bad for you man, you on the shelf, And I'm like, word, like I found that stuff about me from other people or you know what I'm saying. It's like blacklisted is when they're trying to stop every move you got like a door opens and all of a sudden the door closes. Like I've had situations where even my publicists people called it like yo, he's he's dangerous, don't mess with him. There was a dude that wanted to manage me before people called him like yo, his crew is crazy.
Speaker 1: They killed people.
Speaker 2: Because they beat up Steve Stole as that I don't I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they had anything to do with that.
Speaker 2: But but because I remember that as well, Yeah, that was hard. It was hard for the culture.
Speaker 5: It was for the culture, for the coach at that time times, for the culture, for the culture, the colture needs it.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you, Gangstot kept it. Steve Stout just to just so he could feel just so let me tell you, gangst I kept it. He called Chris Lottie's office one day and I said, Yo, you want to, I'll let you point me in my face just so you could get just take leave.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm saying, after the incident, told him he could punch me in my system.
Speaker 2: Because I jump him. It's like one on one her slim beat him up. Freeze right. Just the fact that's my nigga. He wants a shot out on the show. Got a bigger he called me. He knows what we're doing this, He's plenty. But let's just move on.
Speaker 1: Steve gonna try to buy drink Champs. Let's kick you off the show.
Speaker 2: This is Steve.
Speaker 13: This is Steve Maniot Weld Sell we Sell Man Nah, just playing Steve Stott. We know it's all jokes. You rich as a motherfucker, which people gotta laugh.
Speaker 1: But now now I'm talking about blacklist. Just came from everywhere.
Speaker 2: Blacklist because you know what, I swear people painting.
Speaker 1: A picture of you that's inaccurate, and they tried.
Speaker 6: And when people paying a certain picture of you which would deter other people from doing business with you, It's.
Speaker 1: Like that's blacklisting, Like people have done that.
Speaker 2: Black ball Is that the same thing? It's the same. But you know what, so you're telling me you went like and met with somebody.
Speaker 1: I got numerous people my publish the people even call my publicists, my prolicist Jackieyo. They was like, don't mess with him, and then.
Speaker 2: She still yeah.
Speaker 1: So people have to take people have taken their own chance with me. And then you know how I killed all of that, though, performance exceeds reputation.
Speaker 6: So for everything you said bad about me, I just I'm never late to meetings. I've never missed the deadline.
Speaker 1: And like I told, I told Kevin lous this when I when I when I when I you know, I got off jeft Jam, I went up to death jams with Lake and Spec And I told keV. I said, yo, listen, I said, because he knows, they know how it was.
Speaker 2: I said, Yo, my street influence and reputation.
Speaker 6: Has never interfered with my professionalism as an artist. You sit here in your office every day, you drive home and your big lectsus to your house in Long Island. But I'm sitting on the shelf, which is not a label, never thand me to do what I have to do for myself. You here doing able to do what you have to do for yourself, but you're not a neighbor thing to me to do what I have to do for myself. So I said, I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. I'm asking you. I want to continue to not let my influence affect my professionalism as an artist. I want to be able to live and take care of my fair last I got That's how I got off.
Speaker 2: Did you put out a gun? There's no gun and no guns none of that make some noise for no guns that coarse? Now do you feel like you and Limbo? Is there a move? Like if you have a choice right now?
Speaker 5: You was like, yo, let me just bust a move and be independent because you and you know your big brother, you know what I'm saying, that they beefing with that something you be interested in you going independent right now because right now in New York.
Speaker 2: You're fans. A lot of people just need to hear you man, Like.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: And I don't want to sound funny saying this because Mega said it earlier, like with your loyalty and get you. Sometimes being loyal to the wrong people or holding your loyalty could put you in a in a in a difficult space.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying. It can mess you up later in a long run.
Speaker 7: But I don't never see myself departing from Wayne ever since I ever since I met him.
Speaker 9: He kept it a hunting with me from day one.
Speaker 5: So what happens if you drop ten mixtapes right now and like out at least ten, like you get four records that go on fire like.
Speaker 2: What it will technically be still tied to baby as.
Speaker 7: Well to my knowledge yet, but by then I think at the end of the day, business is business, right, So once once, if some product is out and it's on fire and it's undeniable, things is I think things that working work theyselves out that way, Like if it's buzzing and it's undeniable and people, I think some business is going some business to be taken care of. That on that So that's what I'm That's what I'm really banking on.
Speaker 9: That, I'm hoping for.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 7: That's why I ain't letting none to stop me from working. I got hundreds of songs, literally, like, I got so much music right now, it's like where I'm putting projects together and just about to just throw them out.
Speaker 2: Now, would you yourself ever do love of hip hop?
Speaker 9: I don't think nah Na shout out to shout the Nick Cannon. Then I had a I had to.
Speaker 7: I did the reality show r Son of a Gun. Yeah, I was a it was kind of I know how it goes. I know the ropes of these reality shows, and sometimes they put you in situations that you don't want to be in.
Speaker 9: But I also know that.
Speaker 7: It's entertainment and at the end of the day, it's ratings and besides that, I'm not saying it's fake or not, but it's just something that I'm not comfortable with. Yeah, I'm I'm, I'm really, I'm kind of introverted. Like I like I still, I still like my privacy. It's it's it's certain things that I don't want the public. You know what I'm saying. I don't want a public eye on I like to be I like to be private about certain things in my life still, so I don't think that's a lane that I will ever go back into on my own. But as far as that, like, I don't everybody else doing it, like shout out to them.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, Me too, I jerk.
Speaker 2: Off too much? Are you gonna do if you ever want to? But how about your meg it? Would we ever see you on Love and Hip Hop?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't got the patience for it.
Speaker 2: How about reality period?
Speaker 6: Like if the check is right and it's not, it's something that's not going to sacrifice my turkey.
Speaker 2: You real, real reality in your opinion, When.
Speaker 6: Reality I got go over to do one of the George, but I had to give it some thought. Somebody wanted me to do what's that thing got the name of it. It's that thing with relationship one couple's therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: They offered me that, too bad, But I didn't have No, I didn't like it wasn't my girl. It wasn't It wouldn't have been real. I don't it wouldn't have been real. Put it like that, Oh the.
Speaker 2: Girl wasn't really your girl? No, no, no, no, completely fake. So but you know, you know why I'm not completely against reality or.
Speaker 5: It actually reflinishes people sometimes, you know, it can take you from zero to a hundred, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And it's like like to me, if you ask people who are seen who just did it? Did an excellent job, Pat Pools, excellent job. But it showed Blacks down though, that's a fact. That's the trade off for that fame.
Speaker 2: Alright. I don't know if it's worth it. I mean, I mean, I'm not just saying just love and hip hop. I'm saying TV period. Like you know what I'm saying like it's like look at Ice Team.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy had a cop killer. Now he's a cop on a TV show every fucking day, like he plays a cop. He had a song called cop Killer. So all I'm saying is he's you can still keep who you are and and and venture into this other world.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, Yeah, as long is it, like make said, long as it don't compromise your integrity or nothing like that.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna turned out who we roll like, I'm not morally bankrupt.
Speaker 2: Man, A strong bank what did you say? Can you say that again? Nigga says some niggas bankfold is strong? What is that?
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what I said.
Speaker 2: That's just what we're gonna say. Trust they're gonna quote that. I got that is crazy. I got you today.
Speaker 4: So so so what's so?
Speaker 2: What's what's the next for Corey guns Man?
Speaker 9: Come on, criminal minded, criminal mind?
Speaker 2: You're paying homage to the Kars with that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah I am.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have him on there. It's a bronze and then.
Speaker 7: That's family shout out to Chas. It's it's paying homage. But at the same time, I'm not I don't want people to confuse it and that I'm trying to redo what he did, because that's not that's not possible.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He to me, he held the torch and he started, he started, he repped, he put the bronx on. So that's not really what I'm trying to do. What I'm really trying to do is just give a revamp it and just give a new direction, like to to what it did at the time it came out.
Speaker 2: But back to the caras some of it, because I think sometimes it was dope.
Speaker 4: Is when when younger cats do something sane homage and then the youth they go back inspired.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's heavenly inspired by him. I'm not I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: I'm not doing like I'm not gonna be It's not gonna be cliche where I'm like rhyming over a lot of his music or a lot of stuff like that, like it's soul original music. But you're gonna hear elements from from him and different things like that, especially from that album You Go. He had to see the visuals and he had different elements of how the inspired the project.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. No, I'm sitting here back, and I'm not trying to cut nobody off. You see me, I'm you know what I mean. Listen, it's like I'm.
Speaker 5: Trying to be quiet and ship so much, not trying to cut you off. And I realized, like that's why sometimes I've been zoned in the stories like they started linking, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like this ship is crazy so mega.
Speaker 5: In the early days, one of the first DJs, the first DJ to ever record my demo, my first demo I ever made, was.
Speaker 2: A DJ named DJ hot Day. How DJ hot Day.
Speaker 5: Was one of the hottest DJs in Queensbridge, hands down and in the world. How important was DJ hot Day during the beginning of your career, Like.
Speaker 6: Prior to you getting locked up, proud of me get locked up. He gave me my start, But as far as importance after that, he didn't do nothing, Like he worked on everybody else's album, like he was working on a poet and and and other artists. So during that time, that's how Molly came in the picture. Because during that time I'm running around good Fellas.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's that's a gang for people who don't gang.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm my bad it Fellers hanging together friends fends.
Speaker 1: So we running around the.
Speaker 2: Street good fellas in the forty buses.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, there's a few crews Vernon, there's a lot of you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So basically, he gave me, He did give me my start, but he didn't put any effort into me.
Speaker 2: So that's how you know. I waited.
Speaker 6: I waited and I was patient, but it didn't happen. So at that it got to a point where I was so nice. Drug dealers was like, Yo, We're gonna pay for you to go to the studio. Like the biggest drug dealer in the hood, was like, I'm paying for your studio. Like both of the both like the strongest cruise.
Speaker 2: With money wanted it.
Speaker 1: My man Lloyd was like, Yo, I'm gonna pay for you to go to the studio.
Speaker 2: Lord just locked up right now.
Speaker 1: And then World, there's a due name World from queen Bridge.
Speaker 2: He was the man.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm gonna put you in the studio, Like everybody wanted to put me in the studio because I wasn't in the studio. So how I got my real break was from Hank Carter.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I know that name, who's Hank Carter.
Speaker 6: He had the Goldwater Foundation, he had the on Rosevelt Island, he had a whole hospital named after.
Speaker 5: I keep thinking, like, and he had a son, thinking of a basketball coach. I'm bugging right, he's affiliated with the wheel Chack.
Speaker 2: That's what I happed.
Speaker 6: Cool cool son had him with his with his son and and some people in my crew, and I wasn't there, so I didn't know what happened.
Speaker 1: So when Hank came the father, he was oh, he was turned up.
Speaker 6: He was like, he was like you like he was ready to fight me, and I was like, what are you talking? I don't even know what the hell's going on. So then he's a good person. He felt bad that he came at me like that because people his soner like, yeah, Corey wasn't there, So he felt bad about that. So people another late, another person I have to give prep credit to is Mary Stevens. So she worked in the community center and then she and somebody else told Hank Carter like this guy could rap very good. And then Hank called Molly Ma and Hank said, cause Molly.
Speaker 5: Like this after Juice Cool, Molly Ma, this is Molly was the King of the world.
Speaker 1: This is like Molly.
Speaker 6: This is right after Mama said knock you out and all of that when Molly, when Molly wasn't even rocking with too many people. So he was like, yeah, I want you to hear this guy. So Molly hurts from my Joe. Next thing, you know, me and l E.
Speaker 1: S Is going to Marley's house knocking out songs like L E.
Speaker 2: S used to be.
Speaker 1: Was gonna be my DJ, and he was making some of my he was helping me my album. Unfortunately, I blew trial.
Speaker 2: So when I blew trial, do you want to say what you was on trial for? So the listener's known not to do this.
Speaker 1: I didn't even do what I want to yo, I didn't do nothing. I mean no, let me, let me, let me not paint the pictures like I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: I went to jail because that was God's plan for me, because if I got caught for stuff that I really did, I would have did more turns. Was the thing that I went to jail for. I didn't even do. They said I robbed somebody in the G train. Why would I for a gun? A police officer at that like an off duty correction officer so it's like that was basically a cop set me up. Because there's this cop that hated.
Speaker 1: Me and he set me up. His name was Connery, and he just set me up.
Speaker 2: Is the opposite to make noise for him, let's bull him?
Speaker 6: So basically, So basically I had I had a case that I was going to court for and I beat it. So as I'm walking out the courtroom, they said, oh, you fit the identification of somebody. So I was like, this is a joke, right, So I went with the cops. They put me in the lineup and next you know, I'm in jail.
Speaker 2: Wow, how long did you have to do? I was? I would have been.
Speaker 6: I would have been in jail obviously for like up to two years until trial, but my crew bailed me out. So and then I hired David Cohen, who was fat cast.
Speaker 1: Lawyer, as my lawyer. So some real queen ship right now, queens. So basically, you tell it. First of all, I had I probably had I had to had to. I had the crazy like we had the craziest guns in the hood. So it's insult is an insult? Would you need to rob his guns? Tell me I'm robbing another nigga for gun. Yeah, a thirty eight at that that's before cops.
Speaker 6: You know, like I give those automatics is popping now, So it's like at that time it was an insult. So I went to jail with centering I didn't even do. So that's how I came home. I came home on a pill, and you know, getting their pills like winning a lotto.
Speaker 2: So basically the night wasn't the first nigga came home on a pill.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: I mean Tupac, it was. It was cool, Meca goddamn. You know that's when Tubac came home on the pill. I didn't even know that. Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, that's what I went to jail for for that.
Speaker 6: So basically the reason I came home because when I went to jail, I was too I can't even call it stubborn.
Speaker 1: I was driven to not accept that because I didn't do that.
Speaker 6: I wasn't going out like that because as soon as you go to jail, they got all the exercise facilities and all of that recreation facilities for you, so that's a distraction.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that.
Speaker 6: I went to the little library every day because there was mad inconsistencies.
Speaker 9: In my case.
Speaker 6: So I started doing my own emotions to a lawyer. We started working back and forth. Next thing, you know, my pill. I got my pill.
Speaker 1: Like so, I think it was a blessing me. Going to jail was a blessing in the sky.
Speaker 6: Because I went to jail, everybody used to be with got more time than me, and I had a decent amount of time.
Speaker 1: So it was like all the good Fellers pretty much went to jail except a couple. So if i'd have been home, I got caught up with that definitely. But while I went to jail, I got my ged two years off of that. Now I did more than two years.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about just over that. Because you say you came home on a pill, Correcteah, I.
Speaker 1: Came home after like three in change. I wanted four years. I had a lot of time, bro So so I went to jail. I went to the box. While I was in a box, it's.
Speaker 6: A small little rooms, just a bed and the sink. You know, you know the runners, there's a little slit in the door. That's how that's why they give you your food.
Speaker 2: And one day.
Speaker 1: They passed. They came out with a book with a book trade. They were driving they you know, walking out the book cart. I got a book, The Autobiography of Malcolm X.
Speaker 5: That's the first book I had in jail, as well, Change My Life by Alex Helly.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: I think every street kid in the world should read that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fact.
Speaker 1: I read that book and it's like wow, because we're conditioned.
Speaker 6: To believe that we're fuck ups and there is no promise land for us, and like, once you go to jail, it's like your life is over. You're a convict, you can't do anything. So we're misled to believe that. So now I'm reading this book and I could relate to him. This dude is in jail, and he said he was, you know, he couldn't really read it all that Zach good. Then he started studying more. He became very articulately. He became one of the most articulated speakers of his generation. So I said to myself, if he could do it, why I can't do it. I might not could do it like he did it, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to improve myself while I'm here in this circumstance. Why should I just beat another number statistic that.
Speaker 5: The first two books, however, was that Malcolm X and horse Son by Donald Garns.
Speaker 1: I didn't even read that horse Son. The first books I read. The name was the Bible and.
Speaker 2: Now what is man? What? What? What religion? Culture is?
Speaker 1: Is called Megan, I'm Muslim.
Speaker 6: That's why, that's why, that's why you didn't see me drink alcohol, because first of all you got the number one podcast.
Speaker 2: That's why it makes a noise for that for Megan. No one.
Speaker 6: So yes, in this day and age, Islam gets such a bad stigma attached to it.
Speaker 2: Falsely you're gonna be the nigga that will come here exactly.
Speaker 6: It's called showing the dab so the worst and that showing it a dab like a Muslim, but not that put like this almost almost prominent, positive and beautiful voice has been silenced. And that was and that was a brother by the name of Muhammad Ali who just recently passed. So like we need more positive role models for Muslims. Like so when they say what's your religion, I really don't. I don't think God said about to have a religion. To be Muslim is it's pretty much the same thing as Christianity. We all believe in one God. You know what I'm saying, It's just uh, I think a lot of more, a lot more people would would would would turn to Islam. But Islam is too disciplin it's too much discipline for certain people, like you don't you can't eat park, you can't do certain things. You gotta pray five times a day. There's a lot of you pray five times a day, not old time. So I'm not gonna see him live.
Speaker 2: That's cool things. I see you in the hood.
Speaker 5: It was like three o'clock in the morning, it's mad wild gooms out and you had.
Speaker 2: A crown on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chill with you the whole night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God got the crown on, and you know it's you know the hood has been now do you think so?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm gonna keep your hand. I don't even be in the hood all the time. But I'm saying, like what it changed from where the era we grew up in.
Speaker 2: There was times.
Speaker 6: There was times when I used to come in the in the crib like I dig in this podcast. I'll get the cheet to open the door. But I got my hand on my gun in case somebody trying.
Speaker 1: To get at me, you know what I'm saying. So it's like there's still that, but it's not that element of it's not that element.
Speaker 6: Of aggression like goon aggression like it was when we was coming up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like now you was originally from Brooklyn? Is that correct?
Speaker 1: I was born in Bedsty broad style, damn bad style.
Speaker 2: And then what year did you moved to the Bridge.
Speaker 1: I don't have to look at my book of life.
Speaker 6: I don't rememb where. Yeah, I moved to the Bridge. I moved to the Bridge when I was young, right, and I lived a few places because but the bridge is your home. My home is my house is my home now the Bridge, the Bridge, you know, the bridge where I came up at. But there's certain there's different places in my there's different places that that played the essential part of me.
Speaker 2: You know what I think.
Speaker 6: You know what a lot of people say about me, They say, you're different from a lot of rappers from the Bridge. I got different coaches in me from different places. Like I was talking to somebody the other day, I was like, you know, I used to live I talked about men over hered matter of fact, figs and were talking about cop City in the Bronx right, co op City.
Speaker 1: I used to live in Corp City. A lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 5: I always identify with Copts City because they got terrorists and left practice exactly.
Speaker 6: So I had Bronx culture in me. I got Brooklyn coach in me. I got Queen's coach in me, and I adapted all of that. And I used to be in hallm a lot. The reason I used to be so many places.
Speaker 2: Who got a beeple, that's the camera here? That sounded like a beep of nigga.
Speaker 9: I was like, yeah, that's great play. Hold on, that's sat.
Speaker 2: Like right there. Uh no, I want to make sure it's still filming though, got a camera right there. Yeah, I'll just switch this. Yeah, well, I'll just I want to make sure we got more fankers. But got ahead, keep going.
Speaker 1: Is it working.
Speaker 2: Alright? Cool? Cool? Yeah, it's just a little battery cool cool cool.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 2: Which what you're doing? Just Richard bandoned snipping coke like a coke breaking? I know, I ya get down in Miami, man, fucking with you, bitch will be good?
Speaker 4: Be good?
Speaker 1: Alright?
Speaker 2: Cool looking at your dose though, Come on oga Yo, listen, goad mega. I'm sorry all right.
Speaker 1: So, like I said, I absorbed a lot of I absorbed.
Speaker 6: I like I'm like, I'm the epitome of a New York I lived in man different places, or I frequent in a lot of different places.
Speaker 1: But the Bridge was my base. The Bridge was my hub.
Speaker 6: The Bridge is responsible for my for my passion with hip hop. When people's careers took off. I'm talking about back in the days.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 1: I was there when Bismarcky first performed in Park.
Speaker 2: You know, I was dead.
Speaker 1: I was there for Smitty the Number of Men, when Smitty was the number one number one. I was there with missing everything was that. I was there when Craig g had shout out, you know, stuff like that. So I absorbed all that. But I think it's different.
Speaker 6: Places that I've been in my life that that I cultivated all that together that made me like like Far Rockaway was like my gladiated school, My Rockaway. Edge Man is like edge Man is like the King of edge Man, the king of hoods, the king of grim me hoods like Far Rockaway. People don't understand. That's what a lot of people got beat up in far Rock Away because they thought queens were soft. So a lot of people used to just think they could come to queen and then left rack to people think they could be just.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: The funniest it about far RockA keep it the Honting is I went there one night and they got the chicken spot in the lobby.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was like the first project I ever seen that they got a chicken spot in the lobby, Like you gotta walk through taro to get a piece of chicken.
Speaker 1: If you got respect I got.
Speaker 2: If you got respect of far Rock real, you're a gun you're a gun baker. That's a fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 1: Shout out everybody, far shout out, and everybody my man, dead eye, shout out, my man. Knowledge from from hammers.
Speaker 2: Changed drugs, stacks, recipes, L and J B.
Speaker 1: I know when lot of far Rockaway. But anyway, the bridge, the Bridge. I owe so much to the bridge, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I love the bridge.
Speaker 6: A lot of memories there, a lot of history there, put in a lot of work, a lot of friends, their family.
Speaker 1: So the bridges, the bridges to Quintin sent you.
Speaker 6: The bridge might be the most important place in hip hop history if you think about it, and I'm not saying this is from a bias perspective, like when you think of rap, Seantey Usher in a whole new era for street rap, for women, She's for Queensman Mally Marl changed the whole production game. Like you talk to the top ten producers, they'll all attribute to some of their success to what Mally's done. Mc shan does not get the credit he deserves. He's one of the best m season If you listen to his other mc shann had the first concept record ever. He had that song talking about hip hop like he had a song talking about cocaine like It's a girl, like like how common Sense had that song about hip hop, had a song called cocaine. Listen to that, like so Queen and then you think about.
Speaker 1: Like every major beef in hip hop, like eighty percent of the major beefs in hip hop, Queen Bitge somehow or another got attached to it. Even that you like any beef you can think about, like Queen Bridge is so powerful with hip hop.
Speaker 6: It's just like being there was like being if you're a rapper and you're really into.
Speaker 1: Rap growing up, around queen Bridge is like being in a dream.
Speaker 2: About to spend the day back now you know, it's like being a dream. It's like being in a dream.
Speaker 6: Any block you could just the man you just walking walking to the store, and then you bump into the one of the dopest rappers in the world.
Speaker 1: And then you go into the laundry mat you see one of the dopest rappers in the world, and.
Speaker 2: You know or producers.
Speaker 5: So Elie Yes school Ball Black Cold with called Mega mob D. If she's shared tragedy, you have a showing what what happened with trash?
Speaker 2: I had a show and some ship. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to talk about trash damn each other like that for I mean, put me on.
Speaker 2: We don't know trag Tras should be glad.
Speaker 1: I called Mano.
Speaker 2: We don't know what you're talking about. What happened with you in trash.
Speaker 6: I don't got no people trash, tragic tra need to get his life together on some real that's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't got no beef for him, but.
Speaker 2: He's been doing it since Mall six. We called Mecca.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's wrong with tra Tragic is grumpy, you know what I'm saying, and like trag.
Speaker 6: Like trag is the type of person, like don't play games in other words, because you see me on some peaceful, humbles humble ship, like don't do something that you wouldn't have did when I was when I was that other Mega.
Speaker 1: Because at the.
Speaker 6: Same time, I'm at war with myself every day because there's time like at the same time, I could be the most humble person, but it's nothing for me to pick up that phone and if I do that, then what But at the same time, I don't got no beef for nobody.
Speaker 5: It's just that, you know, I don't happened that night because I got mixed stories, like it's just promotional people telling me your call.
Speaker 2: Mega got on stage says something that Trash got on stage with. What was exactly it was?
Speaker 1: It was I don't even want to talk about it's not important. All I know is all I know is this right?
Speaker 6: He shouldn't have He was on he was on somebody's show a podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh I was okay, And.
Speaker 6: They said whatever with Mega they was, they was they were doing name association, so they so they named certain people like they named Havoc and he.
Speaker 1: Said something that was disrespectful. Yeah, so he's they mentioned Havoc name, then he just have it.
Speaker 6: I thought that was whack. So they said they mentioned Mega and he's like, I don't know. So my whole thing was part of me was.
Speaker 1: Like I just fought it.
Speaker 6: I fought myself because I was like, ain't even necessarious, he ain't even worth it.
Speaker 1: And the reason I really didn't say nothing because somebody said, he's just trying to get it. He got an album out, That's why he's trying to do that. So I said, you know what, I wait till the album comes out and does what it does, and then maybe I'll speak to him about it.
Speaker 6: But he wanted attention, and I wasn't gonna. I wasn't gonna help him get no extra sales, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying. I was just gonna pray for him. I hope we get his life together, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I always thought y'all was cool, so I thought he was cool too.
Speaker 6: But you know, some people, some people be having that and some people resentment in them, resentment issues because they feel like they should be you know, like.
Speaker 1: He's not consistent. Put it like this, Like one time, I give you a perfect example, somebody was told my prodigies book and then tragedy. Is like, but he wasn't lying, though, But why would you say that? You should have said nothing? You you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He had a documentary out before and he was sending for nas.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You know we probably seen it. It's like, so, why do you have an issue with everybody? Because at one time I did think we was cool. But at the same time, it's like I don't want to be cool with you anymore. I don't got no beef with you, but I don't want to be cool with you because you got some kind of issues with.
Speaker 1: Me and I don't need it. I don't even I don't need to try to figure out what those issues are.
Speaker 6: Now we could handle this, like I'm trying to be a different person.
Speaker 1: But he knew, like he promotes himself as a thug. I don't got to promote myself as a thug.
Speaker 6: Like like if I wake up with an added to and just be like yo, it's a problem, Like don't play don't play with it.
Speaker 2: Son.
Speaker 6: So it's like I'm knowing some other I'm trying to be a peaceful man. But at the same time, like just because I'm I'm calm all because.
Speaker 1: Religious or I believe you know, ain't. I never said I'm soft, and I never said I'm a pacifist. Don't get you know what I'm saying, So like, don't step on my toes. You know what I'm saying. Just stay in your lane and and and just leave me alone. I don't know you had So that's that. I'm not gonna miss him. I'm not gonna say nothing. So I'm not gonna do it. Don't matter what, even when we're dead. If it wasn't for me, he got handled.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what's that? Though? I don't know what he said. I've been doing this since mare six. McColl mego on t o n y man.
Speaker 14: You do the hip hop God very disappointed, right, you know what I mean? I always thought you I was cool, But I don't got no bee for him. And just Sundays be doing some wet stuff. And you know that because you did business with him. So you know what I'm saying. And Yo, let me tell you something, man, he just got issue. He got too many.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something. When he first came home from jail, you know, he won of the first things. First of all, when he came home from jail, I bought him clothes and everything. Gave him clothes. Then I sent them to my man's store because I deal with a lot of boutiques and stuff like that, you know, doing my little collaboration stuff.
Speaker 1: I sent to my man's store. They plugged him with clothes and stuff, right, showed him love.
Speaker 2: He was like, yo, why you went to see he?
Speaker 1: He told me he was mad because I went to see Prophecy and I ain't gon to see him.
Speaker 6: See, that's the problem. That's a problem in itself. Why you worry about what two other men do? That's for one and for two dogs. I went up state. I went up state before two. You ain't come to see me at all. It's like, so, you know what I'm saying. So, but I didn't have no beef for him. Then I just looked at him like like I went up know if he ain't come to see me, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I'm not on that, you know what I'm saying, Like, Yo, I'm cool with everybody.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He that was a test for me because you you know what, the old.
Speaker 1: Mega would have dead. And at the same time, I don't know what the hell is wrong with him and I'm not trying to figure it out. He's on a destructive pass, so I don't even have to think about him. What month is this, July?
Speaker 6: I don't even got to think about him, like like, let him just last a year, Like you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, God bless. I believe he's locked up. You know what I mean? See what I mean? Yeah, I believe he's locked up. I mean, you know, trash, You know we love you out there? You know it is what it is? Man. So Mega, Yes, sir, what is you know? You came out here, You and Cory both have eight of nine. Let's pick up eight or nine one more time. You're fully happy with your independence? See what is? What is the next next move? What are you going to dive into next? Like?
Speaker 6: My next move is this. I got some books coming out. I'm not books, not nothing, not through nobody into the bus or disrespect nobody, but totally different. I'm it's gonna surprise everybody. I got that coming out. I'm trying to do as much close collaborations as possible.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna try to sneak into some like movie stuff, and I'm gonna start really.
Speaker 2: And when you say movie stuff, you say in your own movies or both.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And most most most importantly, I'm gonna start putting some of my effort and energy into other artists because there's a lot of young artists that come to me for advice. There's a lot of older artists that come to me for advice. But I'm gonna start really like making the business because there's things that I give people for free that other people charge for. As far as advice, I do a lot of consulting.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: I put people in situations where they get deals like I've done it, but I do it. I do it because I like to see my people eat too. But at the same time, there's people.
Speaker 2: That I could do that there's a lot of value.
Speaker 1: Is exactly exactly, it's a bit artist.
Speaker 5: An excellent question. If you're looking for artists, No, you're looking you know what I'm saying. Are you looking for the sound that you came from or like again, like today, out of all the new artists that performed, I forgot the girl name.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, she's right there. That was a Dutch maassist.
Speaker 5: I think, like all the new artists, like you know the people are you know last y'all legends.
Speaker 2: But when she came on, that was the sound that I was looking for. Like I just sat back. I was like, that's hard. You know what I'm saying, But it's not. It's not the sound that I came up to.
Speaker 5: Are when you look for artists, are you looking for the new sound, you're looking for the old sound, or you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Just what's hot?
Speaker 1: First of all, hot people that look for how always fail?
Speaker 6: Right for every label that shigned the hot artists, show me ten labels that shinned the hot artists, and I would show you ten labels that probably fucked up those artist careers or failed with those artists. Because in life, anything that is hot cools offency. When I when I when I when I see an artist or somebody that catches my attention, it's not even just skill, because.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for skill if.
Speaker 1: It's for my personal appreciation, Like if I want to listen to something, but as an artist, it has to be a total package because skill can be boring at times. You could be you could say some of the dopest shit ever, but be boring. So as an artist, you have to have a package. You have to have a pill. As a person, you have to have character, you have to have skill, and if you have to have marketability, how marketable is this person. That's because at the end of the day, we don't sign people for glory. We sign up for a business. So I'm going to invest in you, so I have to get my investment back. So the first artist I ever signed was Donya I had. I had a Puerto Rican rapper named Donya. She was on my lead onto album. I had a buzzing crazy She's about to come back.
Speaker 2: I'm about to start rumber.
Speaker 1: Had a buzzing so crazy, like big Big Labels.
Speaker 6: Is calling me about her. But then she had a couple of babies and she, you know, she started doing her own thing. So I let her do her own thing. But when you know, I'm the type person when you're ready will work.
Speaker 1: But I know I know how to market artists, and when I when you work with an artist, when you're a rapper.
Speaker 6: You can't wear both hats. Sometimes you have to take off. You take off your rapper hat when you're dealing with your artists, Like you want your artist to be bigger than you unless you just want to unless you want to stagnate yourself, Like I told her, you're gonna be bigger than me. YadA, YadA, y'alla. So when I when I see an artist, if the artist is.
Speaker 1: Dope, I don't care how dope they are, but I want the whole package, Like how how how much of impact can this artists have or how marketable is this artist? Like if you marketable and you dope, and that's in the investment. But if you just dope, that might just be a low. That's just good just for the neighborhood. I'm trying to do the world.
Speaker 2: It feels like the a in Korey.
Speaker 5: I want you in on this because it feels like the atmosphere has changed right now. All the latest artists they have different color hair sh it's changed a lot they have like you know, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like is that something you either y'all ever get landing out Corey, Like you know, you've been in the game so long you can have an artist, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So is that something like because at the end of the day, I don't care how you look. I don't care what your whatever, your preferences. If you make dope music, I'm in adupe music. And that's what this generation is leaning towards. Is that anything you will ever get with, like, you know, just a person with different color hair, and you know, just different people, Like it's not about a girl.
Speaker 6: You're talking about girl if it's a girl with different color here, yeah, right now.
Speaker 2: The hot people that dudes have like this ship, yeah yeah, this is like a couple of them.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you why hot doesn't mean nothing right look at me, for I'm a perfect example.
Speaker 2: If you look at older artists that was hot while I.
Speaker 6: Was on the shelf, and you know what I'm saying, they was doing their numbers and I was felling, like my life, I'm not just go bump again, you know.
Speaker 2: Hustle again.
Speaker 1: Where they are right now, where I'm at right now, they can't even get a show. I know that that was hot that can't even get an indie deal. So it's like hot hot doesn't pay the rent, yo consistency and you have to. You have to know what your market is. It's like, yo, like back in the day, the dude that sell we ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Go to a crackhouse.
Speaker 1: So it's like you got to know who you're selling your material to. You have to.
Speaker 6: You have to know between a career and a moment exactly. A lot of dudes have moments. I don't a moment, but a moment is only a moment. A moment's not going to carry you. So you know what I'm saying, certain.
Speaker 5: Artists, we're talking about career exactly. Career, career, you over, that's what makes you a legend. When you're over ten years, you're getting the money. Like I tell rappers a lot of no no, Kase Slave tell rappers a lot of time. I would listen to Kate Slave show and he'd be like, if.
Speaker 2: You ain't paying your bills through your shit, then it's not a fucking job all career. That's real, that's true.
Speaker 6: Kase Slave is an unsung hero because big up Kase slack. Kate Slave is one of the dudes that give the voiceless a voice. Because there's a lot of people that can't get on the radio at.
Speaker 1: All, all right.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, big up, Kate Slay.
Speaker 1: Big.
Speaker 5: I didn't even speak to Kay Slay in two muths and he still plays my record without even calling him and saying your player, Man, thank you, Katese Slay.
Speaker 2: I might to call you and say, yo, think I've been so busy.
Speaker 5: He's last too much. But whatever record be, blast out. He immediately plays it. Kse Slay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Man. Slave was in wild Style, Man, come on, he was in Kate Slave still got the same glasses he will right.
Speaker 1: Let me say something about k slat front my a. Let me say something about k Slave.
Speaker 6: While niggas need to fall back and give them, give them props, especially if you love the culture, because I've.
Speaker 1: Seen it's a competitive game. You might have DJs wanting to be better.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Kase Slay is a legend.
Speaker 2: I'm just try about the past.
Speaker 15: Your syringe, Kase Slaves want to smoke with me, that's what you gotta drink car smoked, my ti.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have one drink for the realness. One drinks. Look it's man, We've put some ice in it for you. It was like for the realness. The Dalai Lama drinking, but you show me. I'm drinking with you.
Speaker 1: I'll drink.
Speaker 6: Listen, Case drink can Yeah, guys, tylerant you lips gangs on the load.
Speaker 2: I want to want you to story.
Speaker 1: Guys want to say this. It's not even a story. This is a snapper fast.
Speaker 2: We're going slaver Kse slave, big up Casel my nigga is.
Speaker 1: A legend and two different John willis of our culture. He's a graffiti legend as he does is his graffiti art is legendary, legendary, so he could have just been a legend off of that, and he's a legend in this so he's he's the only person I know that's a legend in two fields.
Speaker 6: Get our whole culture. So people need to just get that man way more respect.
Speaker 2: It makes the Lloyds for Kate slave Slave, You're my nigga.
Speaker 5: Call you keep playing my record only because usually I call it DJ and like, yo, this is gonna sucking with Okay, I only got.
Speaker 2: To call him.
Speaker 5: He just get the blast. I love you for that case label for real. But Megan, listen, I read somewhere. Oh boy, they called you a conscious.
Speaker 2: Rap, all right?
Speaker 5: Really and then I read somewhere they called you a gangster rap. Do you consider yourself a conscious gangster?
Speaker 1: That's a dope. That might be an album title. I like that.
Speaker 6: That's a great question. You're getting better at this ship. Let me say something about nory Me.
Speaker 2: Stay on me.
Speaker 1: Okay, forget me, because if I cut you off, that's what I was gonna say all your people that's criticizing Norri about cutting the artists off. I want you to do this for a second. Understand this.
Speaker 6: This man built a platform off of ideology. A year ago, there was no Drink Chaps, and you should be glad that it's a fucking drink Drink Champs.
Speaker 2: As he progresses, he will improve. He's learning on the job.
Speaker 1: But at the same time he's giving you the number one fucking podcast.
Speaker 8: God damn, I ain't gonna prop in my mind, I must have old him money because that was like I paid him back. Oh no, he owe me money because that that creature is so crazy. MANA thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 5: I'm proud of you, my brother, because you know why a lot of people don't know your history. And I would never get into like one of the first gangsters I was introduced to was Lake and Cormega and queens Bridge, and they said he rapped, but he was a gangster.
Speaker 2: I was like eleven years old, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I was like, you know what I mean, just to see you because the thing about this life is life. I'm about to say rap or music, but life is a marathon, no doubt, so it doesn't matter how hard you catch on. She The one thing I love about DJ Envy is when he kept saying you charged me, Norri and then but you gotta realize what he said after that, because I said, I don't know how long it would be hot, and every hustle I ever.
Speaker 2: Had, I was hot for a second if I move on, So I'm always scared. So I do something and then I move on.
Speaker 9: And I move on.
Speaker 5: So that's why I got like seven lives in this ship. People don't realize it. I was Spanish on these niggas as well. Turned Spanish like I'm doing what I gotta do, what I gotta do. Because I've never borrowed money.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that feels like to you know, but.
Speaker 4: But I gotta say something that's half of the Drink Champs as well. Yes, because because I feel like and listen, I always.
Speaker 2: Knew Nord was great for this. That's why we pushed for this to happen.
Speaker 4: But I represent the the DJ that that's always been in the background, that's always worked up in the djew ever being around here always like, first, you know, there's a lot of celebrity DJs out there, but there's that of DJs across the country and across the world that have helped build careers for artists. No, no, you know, I'm a mixtape DJ. There's mix show DJs, and we didn't have voices. You know, we weren't celebrity DJs, unheralded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did our work and then that's.
Speaker 4: What I feel my role in this is, you know, we built this together. But I always knew that he had the talent for this, like this is this is this is natural.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 6: But I said that to somebody about Norioso, I said recently, I said, because you know, when son happens in our genre, everybody copies.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is one thing people better not try to copy because.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna fail.
Speaker 6: And you know why he's even beating out some of the other podcasts. You gotta they gotta understand one two things.
Speaker 1: For one, he's a rapper, so he got a different kind of relationships and history with people.
Speaker 2: Right. Look, he's very smart too.
Speaker 6: One of the things that Norby has always had about him that carried him even more than skilled.
Speaker 1: He got personalities. So, as we were saying earlier, skill isn't always it. He has personality. There's not no blogger that has his personality. So some of them is doing this. Some some people want to be stars. They're doing this to be stars. He's already a star.
Speaker 6: So he has a personality and he's likable. You can't mess that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just try.
Speaker 5: He never take it, but I'm gonna try. I'll just passing the blood. Just tell me you did it hero early. It makes me feel it makes me feel bad, It makes.
Speaker 2: Me feel better.
Speaker 5: But you know the thing about what I want to explain to people when when people break down a journalist like although I did take journalists classes, but I never want to be a journalist.
Speaker 2: You know why journalist? That's a secret. I did take it. It's in jail. I'm sorry. I don't want to go there.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to go to there, but just want to tell you, like when you when you deal with a journalist, a journalist will never fuck with you because what I mean is they'll when they do the interview with you, they'll get you. They'll they'll promote you that week, they'll be retweeting everything you're doing. They're doing that, but then guess what after that week is over your number and their number is a.
Speaker 2: Rap because the journalist could never.
Speaker 5: Be friends with an artist because when it comes time to shit on you, they can't be close to you.
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying. So that's the reason why I mean, and this is science I'm breaking out.
Speaker 16: I believe in science, and in science, no journalists, like there's very few journalists that you can be close to, like a Rob Marksman.
Speaker 5: That's a guy we need to step back and sloot because that guy is about real hip hop and if people report something that is he's gonna stand by.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of real journalists.
Speaker 1: Out there journalistic integrity, but we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't have to. It's not my man.
Speaker 5: Doggy Diamonds Domons, Doggy Diamonds, Doggymon.
Speaker 1: Doggy Diamonds is a Street. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: And he got a great podcast out there called No Filter. Just pick that up.
Speaker 5: But besides that, some people don't know gonna say, like Doggie Diamonds, I sit on this phone with this nigga, I speak hip hop.
Speaker 2: For two hours, and I realize, you know, I gotta get off.
Speaker 5: I gotta eat, like you know what I'm saying, Like that's mean spear hip hop. These people that don't care about that journalist or let me get hot and get some clicks, those are the people I respect right there, those people, the Rob Marksman, the Doggy Diamonds is because it's about their integrity as opposed and just just think about it. I've been I've been in this game. I'll be twenty years at two thousand and seventeen, okay, Bright. A journalist ain't never really try to be your friend.
Speaker 2: And they make it clear. They'll give you their email. They don't give you their.
Speaker 5: Phone number because phone numbers personal. So if you got to do his phone number, still watch out. Because it's twenty and sixteen, it's very different. They're just trying to get you to come and because they try to get ratings.
Speaker 2: But after that week is over, after that day, is over, they go right back because you know why, they might have to shit on you. If your baby mother follows a lawsuit against you, they might have to. You know, this is what it is.
Speaker 16: We're here.
Speaker 2: We're not journalists, motherfucking life, we're motherfucking your friends.
Speaker 5: This is why when people say I'm cutting some guests off, some guests don't. I mean, some people don't understand that I know these fuckers. And when they about to say they're about to shit on one of my other friends and.
Speaker 2: Say, hey, what the fuck, because that's not what this is for.
Speaker 5: I don't want no nigga to come on here and shit on nobody, like We're not ask you questions about NAS or the firm or.
Speaker 2: Even Steve Style.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to diss them. I didn't want to put them out there because it was NAS is my nigga. I got love for Steve Style.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen them in a long time.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is people don't need to understand these stories because these stories are history.
Speaker 2: This is not something that we're making up.
Speaker 5: This is something that should be enforced, not because we're trying to put people out there, because other people can avoid these steps in their career.
Speaker 2: A guy came out to me earlier.
Speaker 5: We're sitting out there, I'm about to watch you perform, I told them immediately he said to me, I said, my men, I got to watch my nigga perform.
Speaker 2: Elliott Wilson train again. But he said to me, I said, I gotta watch my man perform. Damn Elliett going.
Speaker 5: In and he said to me, are you accepting? Are you accepting new artists on your platform? And I said no, not because I was trying to be disrespectful. But you got these other places. You got the hot ninety sevens, you got the power no fives, you got the fucking you know what I'm saying. I don't know these other people. You got these, but I want to. I want to cater to the fucking legends. I want to cater to niggas I know about. I want to cater to questions I know.
Speaker 2: I don't google ship. I want to respect people that I respect. There's a difference between don't. There's the difference Q and A. You know that you want to press run and you go and you do your Q and A. We don't take to promote your ship.
Speaker 4: What we're trying to build here is conversations amongst colleagues, and that's and you know, authenticity amongst that, Like colleagues is just talking with each other, and the fan and the listener is a fly in the wall and they hearing something that they obvious they wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have heard otherwise. And that's what we're trying to build here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely doing something different for the game and y'all definitely yeah, changing it and turning it up.
Speaker 9: Like I said, I was, I've been a fan.
Speaker 7: First, like before I even we got our own personal relationships. I grew up listening to the Nord. You know what I'm saying. We got our own personal relationships outside of that. But I watch all of your interviews, man, Like that's why I'm like.
Speaker 1: To chop it up with y'all.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it, man, y'all definitely.
Speaker 2: Both of y'all, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You know how the drink Champs Army is so crazy because they've been hitting us for a week because because you've been promoting it that you've been out here, they've been telling y'all like yo, you know, they lined y'all up, Like I'm just lett y'all know the drink champs are.
Speaker 2: I'm not lining y'all up, but in a fat way.
Speaker 5: But as soon as y'all start promoting this show, like these people requested that y'all gods come on here.
Speaker 2: I've seen it on instance.
Speaker 5: No listen, Mega, Ya listen, shout out to the army man, serious man for Mega, Like, I can't leave here without true acknowledging that you're a legend. Man, Because if you want to be humble and you don't want to say you're a legend, let me say it for you.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, goad.
Speaker 6: I'm way more thankful and appreciative to my fans than i've ever been.
Speaker 5: It seemed like you grew up, like before we get up out of here that night, I met you in Queens Bridges.
Speaker 2: I've seen you in Queensbridgs. We were out there. Wow nice in the morning. I never seen you more at peace at that time, like oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah we broke that, yeah, but it seemed like nothing like I remember something said like it was like a little drama, Like not not drama, you know what I mean, but like something had came up and then you.
Speaker 2: Were just so at peace. I never sent you that much at peace. Is that because of the religion, because you.
Speaker 6: Did have the crown on. So in my mind, I was like this, think is a Muslim for real? It might be because of that. It might be because of that, but it's also because it's like I think, the older you get, you're supposed to get wise and if you don't get wise up as you get older, then you're just aging.
Speaker 2: Right. So also.
Speaker 1: Where power comes responsibility. So it's like this, like, let's just have beef right now.
Speaker 6: The old like, if let's say we in the hood that I got beef, the old me would have been like, yo, go get that.
Speaker 1: The new me if I really got beef with somebody.
Speaker 6: First of all, the average person that's in the street, that's not a thinker. It's predictable. So I know, all I gotta do is know your habits and I'll get you. I could get you a year later, because you gonna stand in the same place, you're gonna go drink at the same place, you're gonna hang in the same circles. So I could wait a year or two and get you as opposed to just I'm getting them right now.
Speaker 1: So I'm wise up.
Speaker 6: So the wiser you get, the more mature you get, but the more dangerous you get too at the same time. But the reason I'm at piece is also like I said before, I started weighing my life and my situations, like a lot of the beefs I got to in the street wasn't.
Speaker 9: Even my beef.
Speaker 6: I was like, Damn, I have beef with this dude because I popped up for this dude that's my man, and I have beef with this dude because this dude had beef for them.
Speaker 2: It's never really me.
Speaker 1: So now I started minding my business like if somebody that's cool with me, it's oh.
Speaker 2: I was like cool with me.
Speaker 1: I separated cool from my men just because you're cool on me and you my man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it's like if you're I'm not jumping in everybody's beef. Because at the end of the day, when I was up north, like some of my rhyms ain't even rhyms. It's just testimony.
Speaker 1: I said on a realness interest that when I was up north gaining weight but lacking friends, I said, niggas.
Speaker 6: Act like they were sending me packages. When I was up north gaining weight and lacking friends. Yo, don't take my word on. Ask any wrap Ax campone. Everybody will tell you this. Jay Rock said it in my documentary Mega brought their flying next to the hood like I used to dress like an.
Speaker 1: Uptown nigga slash broken niggas slash like I had Gucci sneakers when I was seventeen sixteen sneakers plural.
Speaker 6: Not like you know what I'm saying. So it's like like, so it's like I'm a fly dude. Everybody knows people that hate me will be like Megga's fly. You know this, But I'm up North War called Craft State boots and the dude that that I know from Queenbdge that's a crackhead is flying.
Speaker 2: Me in jail. Notimo, right, no, no, no, no, no no no, I would never.
Speaker 1: I would never call Bathimore. No Basmo's I love Basimore.
Speaker 2: I seen Bagimoon knock nigga's out flat on.
Speaker 6: They told was my big brother I love. When Basimo died, it took me years. There's people in Basimo's family that I haven't seen in years because I couldn't look at them after he died because it would hurt me so much.
Speaker 1: So like his sister Loretta is my heart. I love her, so I couldn't even go see I didn't see her in years. I'm gonna go see it soon, but I couldn't.
Speaker 6: Go there because I love her so much, and I love her so much that when she if I see her, it's gonna crush me. So I'm just now able to so not definitely not battle, but I'm saying this. There's been times when I've done things for people and they haven't done it for me, And you got to wait that in your life, you're risking your free Like sometimes a dude might say you're all done for you. They really full of shit, but but they really will die for you because they could just be standing next to you and catch a straight So it's like, why should I put myself on the line for du Listen, don't jump in the river for somebody that won't step in.
Speaker 2: A puddle for you dropping jewels right now?
Speaker 1: So it's like, that's why I'm at.
Speaker 2: Peaks, just making a new care us one conscious gangster. Yeah, let's go back to that.
Speaker 1: So I mind my business more.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm at peas. So, oh you know such and such got beef.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't be There's mad rumors and stuff going on that I don't even know about. I don't care about it. I don't care about Chequanda's carr got raided. You know what I'm saying, I don't care about it. I stay out of stuff, and that's how I stay out of beef. That's how I stay out of sweeps and indictments. Because there was points in like recent years, when I used to be out there at the time when niggas used to be like, oh, I know what Megan's doing. There's been time when people got caught for big crimes and the cops is acting about me like yo, was Mega using this rap money to fund you guy to supply Like so I was like, I can't do that, cause niggas ain't putting their life on the line like that. For me, I met one person that looked me in my eyes and said I'll die for you.
Speaker 2: And it was a girl.
Speaker 1: I believe her more than I believe some dudes. But at the same time, you know what I'm saying, I'm loyal, but I'm not going to be loyal to the point where it backfires on me.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think that like you were like too too real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of times, okay.
Speaker 5: Like and there's things that you could have did that positive would have brung to a different light. You think that example, like certain things like doing the rat Kids and meeting with people, because it was always kind of came off like Megan was kind of like anti social, especially within the industry.
Speaker 1: I am kind of anti social, doll. I'm not gonna one thing about me.
Speaker 6: If you say something about me that I feel is true, I'm gonna say, yeah. The thing that a lot of people don't understand about me is this. First of all, a lot of people in the industry were scared of me because my reputation right.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: Like the lions don't hang with the dizz.
Speaker 6: So it's like if they go to Brownsville, they go to Fort Green, or they go to far Rock, but they go somewhere where I used to be at and they see me with the goons, They're not gonna come over there and try to stand with me.
Speaker 1: So if I see you in the.
Speaker 6: Industry and I feel like you're not the same, we're not similar, I don't want to be your friend because, first of all, a lot of people in ustry your phony, and they don't share the same vision as our sit it, So why I'm not outgoing, you know what I'm saying. But when I seen Corey said, I knew him. I showed him love, you know what I'm saying. Or ever since I when I first met you, I remember, I remember niggas try to jump you, and I came, and I came and I jumped and as to me ice, we're the first niggas over there, and I was the first nigga over there.
Speaker 2: And then what happened after that? Forget what that's not, but it's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: That's niggas didn't Niggas didn't. Niggas didn't do you dirty.
Speaker 2: So all I see releve right exactly.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying like I was there exactly and you wasn't even from my outs, So that just showed you how really, you know what I'm saying, right right?
Speaker 2: So no, no, that's well ship right there, that's real ship right there. But just in case the people didn't know, the niggas got shot right after that. Meggas, my nigga, you're listen, man, you gave us all o mega man, listen. Oh man, it's just so great man. You know why, because this is for real.
Speaker 5: Hip hop ship and what I mean by that, We've been getting a lot of big guests. We'll be getting a lot of big guest requests. And I always want to keep me and here, Finn, this is what you said to me. You said, I always want to keep the essence of him live, And this is the This is the essence of it right here.
Speaker 2: It's real MC's real hood niggas real like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter where you're from, because I think hip hop is universal, so it doesn't matter that. And this is the real life. This is the I usually say that's a fat joy like, this is the real QB queens and the Bronx. You know what I'm saying, because a lot of people don't know queens niggas get along with Bronx niggas, you know what I'm saying. And Brooklyn niggas too as well. But yeah, you know what I'm saying. So I actually, I actually I was next to the accident, was next, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't want y'all leave. I got I got you got to take a piss. You gotta ask one question though, before we go. I want to know the backstory on the real because to me that just the making of that record, like that was such a big record in the mixtape world.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I can't even give you the backstory for that, because I think there's more history to that record than than I even know about because that was originally Kama Cozi's record, I believe, Yeah, that was comic record, And when I came home, I was just but Molly was like, I'm putting mego on there somehow. I know that I ended up on there and they put it out, you know what I'm saying, But I don't know the full history behind I know it was I know it was a great look, and I know I wasn't used to being in the studio, Like just rapping and wrapping on the mic is two different things.
Speaker 1: Like I was used to wrapping in the yard because I was up north rapping the yard like battling and all that. So I wasn't comfortable in the studio when we did that at that time.
Speaker 2: So I remember that.
Speaker 4: But did you feel that that record changed like maybe your trajectory your career the way because I feel like, I mean should have reached Miami, Like I'm here getting these white labels from B Street Records, and shit, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know everything.
Speaker 2: That's how I was introduced.
Speaker 6: Everything I did was getting white label back then, so I don't know like Deadman Walking was your everything I did.
Speaker 2: Everything I did got both Yo.
Speaker 6: The Testament album was out on boutleg before it was even for sure released.
Speaker 1: So that's how.
Speaker 6: That's how else I knew that I had a market because I went to England before to do a show and they knew the word to Soar from Testament and that shit wasn't even out, and I was like, this is weird, and I'm like, how do y'all get that ship?
Speaker 2: So it's like bootleg label?
Speaker 1: You was on E one, Nah, I was on Death Champions of Town, that town.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 4: He's had a lot of success overseas and independent like you've done, Like what what the countries that you feel you have the strongest audio?
Speaker 1: Us just came from They love me in London. London is so dope to coach out there to drink.
Speaker 2: You're from London and they've been begging for drink Champs to come live in London. Yeah, you won't do it. I want to go now I were.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to. You're supposed to give me the I win. Let's say London and let's do that.
Speaker 2: We just blew it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna go ahead because yeah, Big to London, that's the mix requests and then Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: I can't even find It's not even New York. I went from Thailand.
Speaker 5: By the way, you're probably the only nigga that's seen that because you just want to go to Tiland.
Speaker 2: You see the type of type of big on here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no dependj Honda Big up to High ninety seven. They just let me fill in and how they seven me and DJ bush Rock.
Speaker 2: You might get the job up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah listen, man, I listen job because you know why Corey and both be Your name is Corey, I don't know.
Speaker 2: My name is Vic. If you want to call me, just down. I'm not trying to come out nobody.
Speaker 5: But you know what the crazy shit is. They got Charles Barkley. Charles Barkley is a guy who we used to play the NBA. They got Kenny Smith. Kenny Smith's going left. Frack City is a guy who used to play in the NBA and now corresponds, they got shot.
Speaker 2: Shaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 5: Shaquille O'Neill is a guy who used to play in the NBA that now corresponds.
Speaker 2: There's never been like a rap guy on the radio that you know, you know what I'm saying that that on the radio all but if it has been, it's.
Speaker 5: Been like a person who's probably didn't have a great life. God great success is okay, everything's over right. Wasn't she on the radio for a little while?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But MC like that's a girl.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a different century talking about the nineties, like the nineties like if like if you're not there's no in between kind of like it's usually up or you're down. Like you don't have no you don't have no medium niggas and condos. You know what I'm saying, You don't have ship like that, you know what I mean. Like, and what we're doing is we're trying to tell a game from inside the game.
Speaker 2: This is a DJ, this is a rapper. New Eric being rock Kim Niggas told us that Theygas told us we the New Sauce magazine just told us that to us that this is what we do it live.
Speaker 5: Niggas told us that, and you know what the fun were we talking about? Niggas told you that. Never make some of those.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie too, but I'm gonna drink this rose. I'm gon drink. I'm gonna drink your rose. You're not gonna drink your rose. Right, it's for you. It's my gift to you. Cool. And you just you just did Ramadan? Did you do Ramadan? No?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't do the whole Ramadan. I was I was overseas.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you're traveling you've got the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when, but you should make it up?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I all do a lot of charity. How about you, Cory Guns? What religion are you? The son of a gun?
Speaker 9: I believe. I believe in God.
Speaker 2: M Christians, that was hards.
Speaker 9: I believe in God.
Speaker 2: You know what do you religions?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Respect all religious What are you believing? I don't believe. I don't like organized religion to be put on is this turns of the bill?
Speaker 9: I respect, I respect all religions.
Speaker 4: I respect all religions, but I believe religion also facilitates a lot of either's not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: I got a lot of people that go to church more than I do, Like I got, I got a lot of friends and family.
Speaker 9: I haven't been to church. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm not. I'm not heavy in that, you know, like that, But I believe in God, Like.
Speaker 2: Why can't motherfuckers just be good? Just get and I like where it's going, keep it going. What's your religion pettiness? I want to know my religion.
Speaker 5: I am every religion because you know what, I believe. I believe every religion saw the same God. But I believe I believe And it might sound it's drunk facts, just a fact, drunk facts. If you if you listen, if you read every religion, it's like, you know, there their thing. They always describe the same person, but they describe.
Speaker 2: Them more in a different day.
Speaker 5: It's like if you see Pac on Monday, Pac might tell you brand this got a baby. Then you see PoCA on the next day he say, you wonder why they call you bitch? And I believe every religion is talking about the same person, but they've seen them on a different day.
Speaker 2: That's what I believe. I'm sorry, so I believe in every religion. Like me, I'm every religion. I could relate to everybody. Whatever they say, I say, mm hmm, I remember that. But that's me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna cult you like if I was a tattoo God, I would have a tattoo of everything.
Speaker 2: But I'm not. So is God. God is God? God? God is God.
Speaker 6: Sometimes men men corrupt things, you know what I'm saying, And at the end of the day, there's a high power and we all.
Speaker 2: Notice that, you know, of course, so you know that's right. So we're gonna say eight men, or we're gonna say, make some noise.
Speaker 5: I don't know, flat alright, hit by flag, let's get up out of there, all right, mega cory guns. What I've been saying is and I've never ever compared hip hop, plight or struggle compared.
Speaker 2: To gay people at all. Right, But I respect gay people like I got mad gay. But sure, right whatever, I don't know what this is going for. But look what I'm saying is my favorite hotel in the whole wide world. There's a W hotel. No matter what W hotel I go to, there's a gay flag out there. Cool or no.
Speaker 5: Problem has no doesn't offend me. Like I said, I'll be down there taking shots with them. Really like it's all good in my family.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: But in my mind, and I'm not comparing hip hop's plight towards but in my mind, I thought that was a dope idea. But when I think it's a dope, I da, I think it's a dope ida when I go to arrest, or I go to something a hotel, or or playing soccer.
Speaker 2: Or I said soccer, what I meant bowling bowling? Like when I go bowling, what happens if it's a hip hop flag there?
Speaker 5: So they know because I've been to a restaurant before where I jumped out the car. I didn't smoke weed at the restaurant and they told me you smell it too bad, and they told me to go. One time I was in the airport.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, you could ask say this this message, I mean this, this this ship we walked to the airport was who was father bought a plane? The nigga said, you can't smoke here. I said, what the fuck? You know? Like do I look like I smoke? Like like I said, maybe I do. But that's the point that was prejudice.
Speaker 14: So what I'm saying is, if there was a Tereo tag, it's stereotype sothing that says you're welcome here, hippout flag like life.
Speaker 5: And I'm not comparing all because you know, I'm not gonna be hip hop to the gay struggle because you know, respect to respect to both sides. But what I'm saying is that was a great way to me. Like when I seen that, it was like, you know, like, you're welcome here. So let's suppose I go to I want to go bowling.
Speaker 2: I'm never bowld in my life. I wouldn't want to go bowling. Now I want to go bowling. I want to put the funny shoes on right now. I'll go bowling. I'll walk in there smelling like a bounce up cush. They tell me you must exit. I have to respect their establishment. Like when Twin went in the taco spot. Twin winning the taco spot got us kicked out immediately. O nigga's a hated old sign. Why can you fuck this girl? No?
Speaker 1: I fuck that because I went to high school with him and he.
Speaker 2: See me with no sons. I don't know how this guy blamed on me. I'm gonna change this up there again, bring it right back over here.
Speaker 5: But you don't think you don't agree with that, Meganis. I'm talking about wherever you're at the world. Let's suppose you in lu Zudorf, Germany. Supposed you in Moscow and you look like this is this is the main street, right, this is the main street of whatever market or whatever place you go to.
Speaker 2: And you look and the promoters like, yeah, this is the.
Speaker 5: Best restaurant, and you'll be like, all right, that's the best restaurant.
Speaker 2: But the hip hop flag is right here. I can go there and do some lot.
Speaker 1: I don't think we'll ever get that flag, all right, because.
Speaker 2: My dreams has been crushed. I hope no the police hurt my feelings. Please because I hurt your feeling. You know what, why don't you make one? No? No, I got one I forgot when I saved it, Dude, send me it. I was like, I love posted no idea the one I love. I saved it and you lost it.
Speaker 1: I don't know where I put it.
Speaker 2: It's somewhere. It's in my phone somewhere. It's got to be more than just it's just an eight and age. It's got to be an organization, but not in the flag.
Speaker 1: You know what. It's deeper than hip hop though, because at the end of the day, let me tell you something that I've learned from the world. Everywhere in the world world right, people are biased towards people of color, and hip hop is just wanted to identifiers of our culture. That's something that they identify or.
Speaker 2: Relate us with. They always assume we smoke weed.
Speaker 6: They always assume that we're up to something, and they always look at us suspicious.
Speaker 1: You have to learn, especially certain European places. There's been places where like you might even experience this from like that bumba till you won't even say excuse me in Europe. So it's like I'm trying to figure.
Speaker 2: Now or none of that.
Speaker 5: The niggas that don't re Yoda in Europe they found niggas, respect them niggas.
Speaker 2: You know that, Mega, You'll be out there all the time.
Speaker 5: So listen to Mecca. Thank you so much, man. I can't thank you enough. Man, it's your fifteen year anniversary. Corey Guns. You know you a motherfucker sooner be legend and you're a legend right now. Anyway, your family is worried to your father.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We can't thank y'all enough, man. We got so many more questions that could flow, but you know we're gonna. I'm still go get Mega to drink that last sip you know, you know the drinking you off for beat the case.
Speaker 2: I'll do that, good looking, I got you, I gotch got you. So that's how I do it a little bit. How you do this is how alcoholics do it.
Speaker 12: Do it this way for the Drink Championship and shit still so yo, Mega Man, thank you so much. Congratulations on your fifteen years. Cory guns Man, thank you for participating in the Drink champs. We're gonna drop this bright and early on Monday morning. This is a one hundred percent surprise episode for our people. You know, some of these people are snapchatted whatever.
Speaker 2: But you know we can't. We can't beat it. But this is what we're doing.
Speaker 5: Man. We thank y'all because we interview legends, we interview lyricists, We interview because we want to keep bringing our culture to the culture.
Speaker 2: Now that now that we want people to.
Speaker 5: Know that we ain't changed, not a bit now that we got number one, and you know, god all we we we are still a part of.
Speaker 2: The fucking culture and put you in the culture forward.
Speaker 5: We are hip hop regardless of what this is our This is our EMC and a fucking DJ. I don't know if y'all motherfucker's ever realized that. I don't know if you new generation that tuning it to the drink. Champs realized that hip hop started with an artist and the DJ, and we're doing it and now, but we're just doing it big up because we got hazardous sounds that're making our sound right. We got Rich Blanco making our visions right. We got Drained making sure are steal steals is right. We got Diego bringing that good good. We got Mike uptown bringing that good good. We got Sunny d b T. You know where the fuck is at, we don't even know. We got rich motherfucking the Bell bombs.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: We ain't telling y'all to get in trouble, but if you want to, motherfucker get in trouble, has it bombs come get you out. We got Best Buy motherfucking liquors holding us fucking down. We got niggas with beards working the camera, got your name, so that's what you're gonna have to take right now. We got motherfucking mister Lee from Star Rock Clothing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And you got DMX out here. We should have brung DMX man god damn. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We got motherfucking Boris from the school. Yeah yeah, he's a wrestler.
Speaker 5: He's the wrestling people in Peru with baby or your Yeah, man, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We got everybody and your look your little homegirl. He was my favorite performance. But besides the established artist, he's my favorite performance tonight. Dutch Masters. I think you should change that name because it's very like generic. But other than that, I got nothing but love for you, and I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: You can be a star. Come over here and shout out your people. Come over here, girl, like I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm in that.
Speaker 2: You know the new artist you was Hall?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man's Dutch Master's Dutch Smoke Entertainment. I'm here with Profit Productions, Court Guns and were in here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm always for Maryland. Man. I appreciate you. Man. You heard a young man Yeah yeah, yeah, she's Hall. Yeah yeah yeah, it's y'all turn listen. The gay girls are taking over. Makes a noise for that. Man, God damn, I'm trying to sign you. They got young pop. You know my mom, mom and your girl. All right, listen, man, that ship is hard. You gotta hear hersh it young amaz but did you hear ship? Hold on? No, No, what's the name of that? So come on, come on, come on, shot. You ain't shot from You're from Maryland. Yeah, man, that song was lost. Man, you can find it on SoundCloud. No, what's it? You just how the chorus? Suck the check up? That's a loss. I get it back. Fuck the check up, that's a loss. I get it back. Gay man, alright alone, this is me.
Speaker 5: Listen to the podcast Yo court Maker once again. Man, I can't thank you so much your forrey guns Man. We're gonna keep this hip hop going whenever you guys want to come back. You want to bring your artists, you want to bring your girl when you marry up, you want to bring when you remarry your new girl.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm not saying anybody like that.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is, whatever you guys want to do, this is your motherfucking home. This is your motherfucking audience that we're speaking to. This is your motherfucking house. You do what the fuck you want. We appreciate you being here, We love that you're being here, and you motherfucking come back whatever the fuck you want, because hip hop is running.
Speaker 2: What the fuck? What is that? Eight and nine?
Speaker 5: God damn it, motherfucking right, we had eight and nine. You had the fucking the Illness Festival. I want to say, is the festival barbecue? You guys killed it. Thank you guys for being a part of the drink Champs. Just coming our a sat hazard. It sounds Richard Blanco kN that's in the building.
Speaker 2: I forgot to shout you out. Sorry, motherfucker. Steve O. Paul before we get out of here. Your sports prediction was fucked up, you.
Speaker 5: Said, you said, Kevin Durant, what's coming to the fucking heat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got the wrong number. What your voodoo lady?
Speaker 1: You said?
Speaker 17: Kevin Duram is going to the eat wherever they are right in about thirty six months. But no nigga thirty six months. But we're Kevin ran that right now. He ain't going to stack, he ain't going to stick. That's pulling the sports guy. He fucked you up last episode. I mean a couple of episodes back. So look I just told I just take them eat drink champs.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Make some motherfucking noise. Man can get up out of here.
Speaker 5: We want you to give y'all the last words. Man, give you whatever you want to say to your fans. Man, I see them come out tonight. You got a coach following. Man, I'm telling you watch out in your backyard.
Speaker 2: They be watching.
Speaker 5: And give your socials and your website on your website, yeah for real.
Speaker 2: Use the platform.
Speaker 9: Please go ahead.
Speaker 2: Corey said it up.
Speaker 7: Corey Gunns one seven four. That's the Instagram. I ain't too sadly. The Snapchat Yeah like that, but I'm on that gram c O R Y G and Z one seven four and Criminal Mind that is coming soon. Criminal Minded. Shout the Profit, Shout the Thor, Shout the cour Mega. Shout out to Ray eight and nine, Shout.
Speaker 9: Out to y'all, shout the red nine man, drink chin.
Speaker 2: So thank you, thank you man. We need them.
Speaker 1: Shout outs.
Speaker 6: Baby, we need to be hurting over hered Mecca. All right, shout out to eight and nine. First of all, shout out to eight and I've been I've been coming here before. I knew these dudes for years.
Speaker 2: Oh god, damn it make some noise for an.
Speaker 1: I'm actually done like three collaborations with them, the bucket hat.
Speaker 6: That did the bucket hat with them, I did a Mega snap back, and I did Omega Rolfe shirt. So I have years of relationship with them. So it's a coincidence that that we all real niggas.
Speaker 1: That's that. Shout out to eight and nine, out to eight and nine.
Speaker 2: Instagram.
Speaker 1: All my it's my Instagram and all that social ship is I am cor Meka because there's a fake cor Meka is for himself, real cor Meka. So if you follow it's tricky because real cor Mecca. So you real Mega.
Speaker 2: Unfollow him? Please, oh my god, only call you caught me? You probably he caught a lot of people because I'm following you on Twitter. You know that for a fact.
Speaker 1: So you following me to now if I am cor Mega, i am cor Mega, now follow you.
Speaker 2: I was following him, damn cour Mega.
Speaker 6: Okay, so shout out that, and I just want everybody know I'm about to bust niggas asking this new music. I'm working with Harry Fraud right now, and I'm working with Harry for that sounds crazy. And I got a song with Sizzle about to come out, and I got a somewhere having about to come out.
Speaker 1: I got an unreleased joint with this dude named Noriega too.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 1: I sent you.
Speaker 6: I sent you a vintage so you know, thanks you for coming out, Thank you for the love, Thank you for coming out tonight. Man, y'all make me feel love, yes right, peace of love and shout the.
Speaker 2: Crown Mecga's you call me crowd man. We're gonna take Christs and the drop.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials. That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Norrie goon Ig at Noriega on Twitter. Mine is at Who's crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com