Speaker 1: Welcome to Sharper Square, presented by hard Rock bet. We are a part of the Volume podcast Network. This is the betting show that makes the squares sharper It makes the wise guys pay attention. I am Chadmilman. I am joined by my co host, my BFF, my companion, my combaderate professional better Simon hutter Ello. Simon Chad, how are we doing, dude, It's late late in the day. It's a long day. I'm losing it a little bit. A wild, wacky, insane set of games that we are involved in. Back doors that shouldn't have been back doors, almost back doors, games that we left off the plate that we should have put on the plate, games that we put on the plate that we're get We're glad we put on the plate. Things went both ways for us, which is how we are now two and two. On the day we won with the the Browns plus eight and a half and Carolina plus three and a half. We lost with the Rams at three and the Bengals at five and a half. We have the Eagles minus one and a half in the contest, but we've been betting them two and a half all weeks. We're on the Eagles two and a half. Tonight, we're gonna get to our early leans, a review of how we did on all of our picks, your live comments, All right, let's get into it. Cincinnati opening the day for US plus five and a half. Shocker, shocker. There were thirteen points in the first ten minutes and then there were no points I think until the end of the first half. It was a wacky, ugly, annoying, disgusting. Oh my god, we should have won this game a thousand different ways today. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I hated it.
Speaker 3: We just I never trusted this nowek never made sense. And I was gonna give you tons of credit because it looked like you were right for about three fourths of the game, because like you said that, there was just no points and that's what you want when you have an ugly dog.
Speaker 2: They kept it close.
Speaker 3: Really was a game I feel like we're gonna cover the whole time until what a neblie was going to happen happened.
Speaker 2: That Flacco picked six. That's what burned us to me in the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the Flacco pick six. The Bengels were shooting themselves in the foot sort of as soon as the end of the first half ended, the Steelers started their last drive of the first half inside their tent. The Bengels on that drive had four penalties in six plays, including multiple rough in the passers and a defensive pass interference before the drive ended at the end of the half with the field goal. And then like after that, like Flacco had the pick six, they could never get the ball down field the Packer. The Steelers defense finally started to tighten up a little bit. It sort of turned into a Joe Flacco the magic is over fast. What's really interesting about this. Jalen Warren left the game, Aaron Rodgers did not play in the second half. And I'll tell you when we got Mason Rudolph to start the second half, I'm like, I can't believe we got this gift. But we did not get a gift.
Speaker 3: No, And it's again another lesson. If the line's too good to be true, just stay away. We should have stayed away from this one. This line stunk. We fell into it and that was just a bad bet. Like you said, the Flaco stuff, we knew he was due for one of these games, right, Flaco is not gonna be out here throwing for four hundred yards every week and multiple touchdowns.
Speaker 2: He was just off.
Speaker 3: He kept reaching to his shoulder and reacting after a couple of big hits to it. And like you said, and when a backup comes in, you're feeling pretty good, Spencer. When the defense has blaying so well, like it's a nice defense has blaming so well in that game. And like we said, once Flatco just started turning over and making mistakes, it kind of all came crumbling down.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, this was definitely our worst bet of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jaylen Ramsey got kicked out of the game. Yeah, and we still couldn't get the ball downfield. All right, Well, it's a bummer. That one hurt a little bit, you know, it didn't hurt. This one made me so happy. Carolina plus three and a half at Atlanta, because when we had the conversation this morning, it came down to the Raiders tomorrow night, who you had been pushing all week and I could not wrap my head around and Carolina, who we both liked on Thursday. But then for some reason we got a little scared off because the line moved from three and a half to four and I really thought we should just take Carolina. And there were moments in this game, especially when they were down twenty one seven, when I'm like, are you freaking kidding me? That I had to be the one to say, Okay, let's put in Carolina because I can't abide by the Raiders. And now we're gonna lose this one too, and I know I'm gonna have to sit with this for twenty four hours and then watch the Raiders cover tomorrow night. I needed the Panthers. I needed Bryce young to have a record setting day for himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just needed Bryce Younger for four un or forty yards and three touchdowns, and he delivered for you.
Speaker 2: Chev. I know I liked it.
Speaker 3: My fear was what we always talk about, the numbers do matter, and the number had moved and when the books, a bunch of books are shown four and a half, I just didn't get it. Like we keep talking about this Atlanta team is not good. I did not get the line movement. I was worried there was something I was missing, And yeah, we got lucky in my opinion, like this coach tried giving this game away in so many different ways where he just needs to trust his team. I get it to give up twenty one points in the first half, they dominated the second half, and you're still going for it and on weird fourth downs in his own zone and instead of kicking field goals, he's going for a fourth down on the opposite side of the field. And especially when Kirk Cousins game and he still was doing very weird things. It was like Kirk can't complete the ball five yards downfield. It was just very bizarre. Carolina was a much better team. Like you said, it's it's a big deal in a team could go on the road, give up twenty one points in the first half and then hold that same team to six points in the second half.
Speaker 2: And on the flip.
Speaker 3: Side, Bryce Young nine points in the third quarter, eight points in the fourth quarter, and then you know, three points in that overtime, Like that's that's big, big time play by Bryce Young. So half a game out, Carolina Panthers are first place in that division.
Speaker 2: It's it's really fun team right now.
Speaker 1: Don't forget. Don't forget. Nine in the third quarter, eight in the fourth quarter, three in the overtime. From the final two minutes of the first half through overtime, Caroline outscored the Falcon twenty three to six. Like they were all over the Falcons in that game. And you mentioned Penix. Penix left the game with a knee injury or what looked like a lower body injury. I didn't get confirmation on what it was, but he was limping a little bit. Kirk Cousins came in and he had a really good drive for the end of the game to tie the score, but generally he was pretty dreadful and looked like a very aged aged backup in this game. The run game for the Falcons, this is what were worried about, and I think it's why the line moved a little bit. B Jon Robinson had ninety three yards in the first half. And what was interesting to me was the Panthers got so much better defending the run in the second half, partially because of Kirk Cousins, but he only ended the game with one hundred yards. Like the Panthers got so staunch in the second half of that game.
Speaker 2: Now I thought we were cooked. I don't know what. I thought.
Speaker 3: This was better than dead because they, like you said, they could not stop the run, and I was we were about half a hit away from Andy Dolan entering the game for the remainder of the game.
Speaker 1: Well, look, Bryce Young, I thought we were cooked to until they scored and went down the field because all of a sudden, Bryce Young looked like Bryce Young again, and he was throwing dimes. He was moving up in the pocket, he was scrambling. He made some really good throws. He was thrown into very very tight windows. Our good friend Jason Bonnetti was calling the game and he had a great call on the first touchdown pass to McDonald. He's like he threw it to him. You know, he was in a phone booth and he got it to him. He was great, Bryce Young. We'll talk about that a little bit, you know what. Let's talk about it now. In the second half in overtime twenty of twenty seven, for three hundred and eighteen of his what was it, four hundred and forty eight yards, I mean, an incredible day. Who to your point, I think he looked like he was about to leave that game at least three times, including I think the player're talking about where they had the ball on their side of the fifty with three minutes lefter or something like it. It's fourth down and won, They're down twenty two nineteen. I think twenty four nineteen, and no, no twenty twenty two to nineteen, and they no twenty one to nineteen. Sorry, they go for it. Bryce Young gets stepped on falls and can barely get up and walk, and the Falcons score the field goal, and then Bryce Young drives him down the field for a touchdown to give them the lead with the minute left. He was valiant, he was courageous, he was glorious. He put the team on his back. When they go back to Carolina, they're going to be like, Bryce Young, you are our quarterback, and Dave Canalys you are coach, and Tepper the owner is going to be like of cour Worse. I was a genius for trading up to get Bryce Young. That's what I think they're gonna feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, vibes are high and on the fop side of the Falcons. I think that's their fifth straight loss, so three and seven. Pretty disastrous start three and two and then you lose five straight.
Speaker 1: Three and seven. Right now, you got to believe that this might be the end for Rahue Morris. I don't know how they can keep him around because they've just been losing all these close games. And at some point when you're losing close games, that's the coaching and so I think that's going to be a real challenge for them at the end of this season.
Speaker 3: Let'ld say, if you're the defensive coaching Bryce Shungston for almost four hundred fifty yards on you, guys, probably changes are in store.
Speaker 1: Not great. Also not great getting back doored by the Seattle Seahawks. They were three point underdogs at Los Angeles. The Rams were our brass Balls bet of the week. They got two first quarter of touchdowns. Then from the end of the first quarter through the middle of the third quarter they had five plays to the Seahawks forty one. They gave up four field goals. The time of possession was twenty minutes for the Seahawks, twenty one minutes for the Seahawks, four minutes for the Los Angeles Rams. Through the first through that next twenty five minutes. It was really incredible what happened the Rams. Four picks of Darnald. They should have won that game by so many points. Simon, that's a rough one. That one hurt that was at that one. My wife had been out all day. She came home and she looked at me and she goes, this isn't good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's one of those games that makes you kind of hate sports. But it honestly, where you get you get done in by the hook there in a game where, think the announcers said it, they scored a touchdown for the first time the entire game with two minutes and twenty three seconds left in that game. And this is a game in which their quarterback threw four picks. So yeah, I think we both expected to have a much better performance by this Rams team that you know, they did at least score their red zone trips. I said, that's one credit to them or the Seahawks. They couldn't but it was just a non I don't know how to described the Stafford game he had, like he never got in rhythm. Sure, that could be some of his fault, but when he's fifteen of twenty eight for one hundred and thirty yards and two touchdowns, it's like there has to be a lot of plays he left on the field there. So I think we me and you both agreed it just like McVeigh called it very you know, conservative, Yeah, and just didn't want to make the mistake because he knew Sam Darnold's making all the mistakes.
Speaker 2: So it's it's just like we said.
Speaker 3: Bad luck, where you get all those turnovers and they're not getting three out of any of them, right, like that turnar red midfield at the end of the game there, Oh we needed was just get a first down.
Speaker 2: Would have got three they.
Speaker 3: Got, have been up at that point, been up fifteen, would have covered the field.
Speaker 2: Goal and no problem.
Speaker 3: And uh yeah, we got burned by the back door, but can't get too upset about it. We live and died by the back door at the time, and this time we died by it.
Speaker 1: Well we died. I died a couple times today by the back door, and it was truly excruciating, and I believed it was going to happen again. With Chad's choice, Cleveland plus eight and a half against the Baltimore Ravens in Cleveland, Thank God for Miles Garrett. Miles Garrett had four sacks by early in the third quarter of this game. He got his twelfth sack of the year in the first quarter. That's as many as the Ravens had all year at the time. I think he currently has more by himself than the Ravens had all year and the up until the very end, the Browns defense was doing everything they can. They kept the Ravens out of that end zone. They were playing so well really without an offense, zero on offense. Dylan Gabriel left the game after the first half, Shredreth Sanders came in. I think everyone can stop talking about Shureg Sanders, right because that was an embarrassing performance.
Speaker 3: It was, but it's also a tough spot where it's a guy that has never gotten first team reps and he comes in cold and he goes four to sixteen passing like just disasters and a pick which.
Speaker 1: And an intentional grounding let to the game when you touchdown.
Speaker 3: Like he just if he just came in and could run the offense at some some level.
Speaker 2: Whe Dylan Gabriel as much shit.
Speaker 3: He's like to give him. He wasn't even that good in this game. He was at least seven for ten. He protected the ball, you know, he moved it for the offense. So, like you said, I mean it's brutal. We didn't get the outright win as the Browns, and I think the Browns fans it's brutal. But that number was never in doubt, and we all, like you said, the fear was Sanders gets the ball back and it's trying to sit up to drive to win the game. I me and you've both seen that movie plenty of times, young guys that came to their strip, sack whatever it can easily turn into seven points other way. So on a day that things didn't really go away in some ways, I feel like this one in every way went our way. So I'll take that with the Browns anytime. The number of the hook never in doubt. Right the seven and a half, we were lucky in the contest grade eight and a half, so you know, people listening, we talked all week about it. It never moved off that seven and a half. Right that Lamar injury news came out. It went from eight and half to seven and a half and just stuck there all week. So nice, nice read by us, and obviously a really great read by the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was convinced we were going to get back doored in that game. I do think if if the Ravens end up scoring a touchdown when they're down sixteen thirteen, if the Browns defense doesn't hold up right there, I'm convinced they score a touchdown and then on the ensuing drive, Derrick Henry does what he did, which was get, you know, break a huge run and we end up getting screwed. I saw it in my mind's eye because it's not like we didn't see today teams that were down with five minutes left and relatively big favorites. And we'll talk about this in a second, come back and cover with these. So because of what happened with the Rams, because of what happened with the Bengals, I was like, this is not going our way. So I'm glad you kept the faith because I didn't have any.
Speaker 2: It was a good number.
Speaker 3: And like we talk all the time, this Browns team at home, they've been very very good to us, some profitable We're gonna to keep it and it obviously we're go need to start being a little wiser pick our spots because the secret's out everybody. Everybody was talking about this week, So the books will catch up eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we got this two and two. Like I said, we got the Philadelphia Eagles minus two and a half tonight in the Sunday night football game against the Detroit Lions. Let's take a break from hard Rock Bet. Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. It's that tome of year when every day feels like a big game day. You've got Pro football, college football, NBA, college hoops, hockey, it's all happening, and on hard Rock Bet, there's always something to bet on. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet yet, there's still time for you to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but one hundred and fifty dollars in extra bonus bets. And if you're not sure what to place your first bet on, check out the hard Rock Bet Stats up. It's loaded with trends, streaks, and stats to help guid your picks. Numbers don't lie, and neither does the data in there. Here's one that stood out to me again. Green Bay's Josh Jacobs has now scored a touchdown in fourteen straight games versus NFC opponents. Check out the stats hub now get the edge and bet with confidence. The hard Rock Bet sportsbook app is the only legal sports book anytime you're in Florida, and it's also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado, coming soon to more states two plus. Hard Rock Bet offers new promos every single day, so whenever you're listening, just open the app and check out what you've got. Any day of the week, download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposits payable in bonus. BET's not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock DIGITALLLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one and over and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight three three play wise. In Indiana, if you were something you know as a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee. In Virginia, let's quickly talk about Houston and Tennessee, because Tennessee was a six and a half point dog the Texans from the beginning. Texans when it came to the red zone. They get to the red zone, they miss a field goal. First play at first series of the game, miss a field goal. Jeffrey Simmons has called for a penalty. They take the field goal, or they get to move the ball up. They get to the one yard line, first and goal, they go backwards, they get back to the one yard line. They can't score the ball from the one yard line on fourth down. Instead, they get sacked. They're driving in the second down, a field goal, third and short, another sack knocks them out of field goal range. It still never felt like they were out of it. Once they got into the third quarter, they just started dominating offensively. And then you know, like we saw with the Seahawks, there's one drive at the end of the game that was truly gut wrenching, like sickening, sickening, sickening.
Speaker 3: So you played the number though, like you said, Tennessee had no business being in that game. Everything we said was true that I just we just did not see how Tennessee will be able to move the ball offensively against this Houston's defense, and it's shaped up that way. They lost Calvin Ridley, yeah to this for the rest of the season. Their number two Rectire I think got banged up as well in this game. Like they just were losing guys. HOUSTI to let them hang around, and that's what football us. The football is. You let a team hang around, Let them hang around, and they're gonna They're gonna eventually get theirs.
Speaker 2: And this has been cam Ward. This is how cam Ward cover is now. Chad.
Speaker 3: If you kind of have a read on this kid, they played dead. He'll do nothing for three and a half quarters and then he'll have one important drive for gamblers and he gets the back door for him.
Speaker 2: So thank god we didn't have this one in I think it was seven and a half of our contest.
Speaker 3: We avoided it. The pros are all over Tennessee. Great read by them, bad read by us being on the Texans.
Speaker 1: Texans have the best defense in the NFL. They were dominating this game. At one point, Will Anderson had a sack of fumble recovery. They're up by seven, thirteen to six. I think there's three minutes left, something like that. The Titans have the ball in the five yard line their own, They convert multiple third downs, they go ninety five yards. In the entire game, the Texans only had five penalties. Two of them were on that drive. Did you know that? Did you know that, Simon? Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Luckily at the book was nowhere near the TV of this game one.
Speaker 2: I'll be totally honest with you, that.
Speaker 1: Drive included two penalties, one of which was a pass interference, another was a hands of the face after cam Woard had scrambled to like the Texans side of the field, so I moved them closer. At any point they could have stopped them one more time and forced them to try to kick a field goal. Oh no, they couldn't. They could have just stop them one more time. I couldn't do it. They couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. It was It just made me sad. As joyous as I was about the Browns, I was sad about the Texans because they gave that one away. You know who was probably really happy today, tell me Matthew Mitchell, because thank God, all week we kept saying there's something fishy about Tampa Bay. We can't figure out why nobody's betting on the Bucks. And by the time the game, this game kicked off with the Buffalo Bills, they were six and a half point underdogs, moved from five and a half to six and a half. We avoided all week, We didn't get suckered in. Even this morning, we found a way not to talk about it, not to put it in. This game was so fucking drunk, it's ridiculous. I assume you watched this one in the book.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just another game.
Speaker 3: Just like since we talked that, just a fishy line, and the books don't give away two or three free points, and that's what I feel like they were doing. The spot just did not make sense that Bill's defense is not good enough to be that big of a favorite, and they're not. It's Josh Allen. He's big enough to be that big of a favorite. Is Josh Allen's best game we've ever seen him play?
Speaker 1: Buffalo Bill's superstar, incredibly handsome quarterback.
Speaker 4: Died in the wool inveterates monster fires. It excited to turn the part to the anside jug down touchdown excuse me touch down from Josh Allen?
Speaker 1: How can he puss simply too?
Speaker 4: It's just is it possible? Strike and les are.
Speaker 1: Carrying at home?
Speaker 2: The Bills were unstoppable.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen end records, be good, do good, God bless Mingo Bills.
Speaker 3: Baker, he brought it today and we we The first noticeable difference in this game right away from the get go was Baker was using his.
Speaker 2: Legs gether games.
Speaker 3: And that you saw how game, how much of a game changer is from offensively, but Baker can only do so much. Like it just was never ending the onslap by Josh Allen. He's just so talented. This was just a Josh Allen type of game, Like right when you're doutting them is these exact type of moments in these games. So I'm gonna go back and watch it again because it's it's rare you see a quarterback through for three touchdowns and rush for three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: It's just an all time game.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Honestly, we were talking before the show, it felt like every game lived up to the hype today in the NFL, Like every big game that was talked about hyped up, big matchup, the playoff atmosphere type of matchups lived up to it, and this was one of them. The Bucks felt like they were in the entire game, and just at the very end the Bills pulled away and covered this number. So yeah, thank guy, we avoided it. It was a fishy line all week for sure, and we didn't. The over open at fifteen and a half closed at forty five and a half, So jesus, I know a lot of buddies pros who hammered that weather under it was really windy, supposed to be bad weather up there.
Speaker 2: It didn't look that way at all.
Speaker 3: I think they had like forty points midway through the third quarter, So brutal buro bet on if you had that under in that game.
Speaker 1: Five minutes left, the Bucks were up thirty two thirty one, as six and a half point underdogs. Like when if you had the Bucks, you would have been so freaking psyched you had thought even if the Bills score again, because this game had gone back and forth, back and forth. At that point, there had been nine lead changes in the game to the point where the Bucks were up thirty two to thirty one, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. You still would have thought, Okay, the Bills, then.
Speaker 2: If they score here, I'll come down the two pointer.
Speaker 1: It'll it'll come down to right, It'll be like the Bucks are going to get another shot, and the way they've been scoring, there's a good chance they'll be able to score here. The fact that the Bucks the Bills scored on the next drive and then scored again to end up covering that game, Oh my goodness. The only person I was thinking about that whole time was Matt Mitchell, Like he must have been sick to his stomach. He can't come on the show right now because the way we record it now, which is a bummer, because maybe he can give us a little bit of a recording for Tuesday, because Gollie, Gee, that was a brutal game as a Bills fan for about fifty seven minutes.
Speaker 3: And as much as I'm bad mouth on their defense, they scored that touchdown to take the lead thirty seven to thirty two, three and out by big.
Speaker 2: I gotta stop, Yeah, they gotta stop.
Speaker 3: Got Josh on the ball back and we always say it's it's crazy how when he's on it just doesn't matter who the defense is and what they're throwing at him.
Speaker 2: He just went right down the field and scored another touchdown.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's because Ken Coleman was a healthy scratch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what inspired him. Arizona screw him. This is what I want to say about Arizona Classic. Cardinals start opening kickoff, the Niners return it to the one, score a touchdown, so now the Cardinals are down. Immediately they punt, Niners score another touchdown, they miss a field goal, then they end the half of the block field goal, only to get called for a penalty. The Niners kick it and make it. So they opened the game with a special team snapho, they close the game with a special the half of the special teams snapho, and then they're keeping it close. I think it's twenty five, twenty five or twenty eight ten, fourth and one. They go for it from midfield. Great call, great run, touchdown. Guy gets called for holding ten yards away from the play. That was the Arizona Cardinals in a nutshell. However, Jacoby Brissett through an NFL record forty seven completions.
Speaker 3: I was I'd be honest. I did not watch a second of this game. There were just other better games that I love that you brought this one up. Let's talk the Broncos Chiefs game. That's a way better game.
Speaker 1: I was watching the Broncos Chiefs game, but we had talked about the Cardinals, so I want to make sure we referenced the Cardinals at some point on this show. We had talked about it a lot during the week. Look, Kansas City, Denver, Denver close four and a half. You like Denver all week. I think we both got spooked by the pushback we were hearing from the books and from wise guys, because this line was moving and we couldn't under stand why you almost made it. Simon says, when it was Denver three and a half and it went the other way, and Denver did Denver man. Their defense was amazing and they made Patrick Maholmes look confused, and they came off the by and were terrible and bo Nicks all of a sudden, we like is throwing the passes we've been asking them to make for two freaking weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just an all time game though that you know, not that we've been waiting for Mahomes to be dethroned, but we've been waiting for him the trip up at least, right, He's just had this insane run where every year they're making the AFC Championship game.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not natural. Football should not be that way.
Speaker 3: The greatest quarterback ever, Tom Brady, had a bunch of trip ups like it just happens. It's really stupid. So what makes amazing moments in football? And that's what today was. It's what you dream about if you're a Broncos fan, Like it's a game that you know. I love them so much because I just felt like everybody was leaving them for dead after that Thursday game where football just doesn't work, that it's just up and down week to week. And you saw today when Boone Knicks is on, it's a really good offense like Champagne schemes, guys wide open, and he had a bunch of opportunities today and he did it create his own stuff. I'll give both some credit for that, but that crazy stat just about them basically when they're coming off.
Speaker 2: A game where they are horrible in the red zone.
Speaker 3: With Sean Payton as a head coach, he's now sixteen to one against the spread in games where the week before they failed to score more than one time in the red zone. So just something to keep in mind. He just gets the guys to bounce back, coaches them up and in this game, I mean, they just hung in it. They outplayed Mahomes in a lot of ways. And you know, Mahomes had his opportunities and he just didn't live up to it in the moment. Right the Denver defense, they made their right moves this offseason, got the right pieces and got guys that can make stops. So it's just crazy to think Denver. I mean this not that it sealed them to win this division, but it truly is all on their own hands now, Like if they just win three four more games, they're going to lock up this division.
Speaker 2: That's a huge deal.
Speaker 3: But for someone like me, it makes me excited to know I'm going to get my homes on the road, potentially as a dog in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So we'll see when that that point comes.
Speaker 1: Broncos and Patriots are steaming towards division titles right now. Colts are two. I don't think anyone had that parlay of Colts Broncos Patriots. Well find I'm sure someone will tweet their tickets soon and figure out what the cash out offer is from whoever is wherever they made the bet. But good for all these teams. A great game, super fun game to watch, back and forth, back and forth, really physical, really intense, untimely and irregular turnovers by Patrick Mahomes. Look, you're you're not wrong. Just look at the Chargers. Two weeks ago they dominate the Steelers. Today they get dominated by the Jacks. Like two weeks ago, ten days ago, the Broncos can't score against the Raiders and today they're throwing the ball up and down the field against the Chiefs like football is different every single time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that was just, like we said, a unique spot where I loved it. But I was interesting how Bonnicks would react to all the outside noise that they know inside that building that this is them.
Speaker 2: They're a huge underdog.
Speaker 3: It's Mahmes off of bye, and if they win this game, they are three and a half games up on this Chiefs team. Like that, that's a big deal that he was in this big moment, was level headed enough bon Knicks. Where you saw some other quarterbacks like Sam Darnold in a big moment completely melt. I mean they got through four picks like bon Knicks could have easily melted in this spot, could have not shown up like he did the week before, and he totally showed up and reviewed himselves. So I have such a hard time reading bon Nicks now. It's like, now I want to fade them next weekcause we know he's just gonna lay an egg coming up. That's just what he does. So it's I get why people didn't love this game want to avoid it, but I'm just glad it came down to the number of playing the number and shocking, shocking the Broncos on this game out right.
Speaker 1: How about the Chicago Bears, These cardiac Calebs, they just keep doing their thing at the end of the game, could have put it away so many freaking times. I don't know if JJ McCarthy is a betable quarterback because that is an excruciating and frustrating and even justin Jefferson seems like he's just about to lose it right now, and listening to Tom Brady do that game, he like tried so hard to make every excuse for JJ McCarthy about the intangibles he has and then tried to talk about how he could correct the tangible things that he's doing terribly, mainly the bad decision making and the inaccurate passes and throwing it to the wrong team. It's a brutal watch if you're a Vikings Fanny and Caleb is he's working magic right now, he's turning into something else. I've always loved Caleb Williams. I've always loved that kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, this this game is it was like I said going into it, it's a must watch. I'm addicted to betting this Bears team. It's just there's nothing like it.
Speaker 2: Every week.
Speaker 3: It's super close, and they just find a way to make it close when they shouldn't be. They should either be blowing teams out or they should be getting blown out, and they just keep finding a way. And yeah, in a game in which you know Caleb was sixteen of thirty two and JJ McCarthy was sixteen of thirty two, you wouldn't be like, oh, that was a fun, exciting game. But it really was as sloppy as it was. You know, it's it's exciting to see the few sure these two coaches, hopefully for a long time, would be going head to head, even if these two quarterbacks are not the answers, but I still think with both of these guys, they both did stuff in this game. I really like like Caleb's pocket presence, some of the moves he made. Yeah, you just you can see it. You see the potential there. And same with JJ. I know it's ugly. There's a lot of throws that were just terrible, him missing wide up on guys, but he also had a couple of passes You're like, Okay, this kid obviously has a ton of talent. It's just he's on a team that people had playoff expectations for and he is nowhere near the quarterback they need to get him to that place. So it sucks if you're a Minnesota fan. I mean, I'm sure there's some Minnesota fans out there like, I don't even believe this guy. They should draft a new quarterback this upcoming year, but I feel like you have to give him the rest of the season and next season. It's just the NFL is so complicated and he's running such a complicated offensive scheme. What I see as a quarterback thinking before he throws and react into the offense, other than a guy that's just playing within the offense and you know it's you can just tell you just said the jitters, like there's a bunch of throws today the Bears. We were talking before he came on, the Bears could have won this game by twenty points. Like he just was so turnover prone, couldn't do anything offensively. We're on the flip side, you know, this Bears team. Caleb kind of held him back. Where you guys once again feel like you're running the ball whenever you wanted. I think they ran for one hundred and forty yards. You know, it got shut down a little bit in the fourth quarter. That's just because Minnesota was selling out to stop it. But yeah, as a various fan, you're seven and three. If the Lines lose tonight, are you guys leaving the division? I'm pretty sure, or maybe you're tied for with Green Bay. It's just it's an incredible spot to be through eleven weeks if you're a Bears team.
Speaker 2: I just I can't believe they're a legit playoff contender.
Speaker 1: Seven and three and don't look now, but we are favorites against the Pittsburgh Steelers next week at all. It's gonna make it interesting.
Speaker 3: My friend, Oh, okay, because that's that's a Mason rudolphline, though.
Speaker 1: Probably assuming assuming it who knows, Like at this point we'll talk about it in a second.
Speaker 2: What could if I remember?
Speaker 3: It was a favorite this morning, So that's why I think it moves because Pittsburgh won big, it wouldn't move.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Okay, Simon, shame, shame, shame, shame. Who is your shamed team unit player moment today?
Speaker 2: David Canals. I got beef with him. Shame on you, David.
Speaker 3: He coached that game in so many weird ways. I just hated it so much. Where his defense was dominating that second half and he was playing he was coaching Carolina offense like they were playing against an half juggernaut on the other side.
Speaker 2: Like they have an easy fourth and.
Speaker 3: Two, kick a field goal, you'll be down by two in the third quarter, he goes for it. Turnover, run downs, Okay, not a big deal, right, those things happen. It's the fourth quarter now, and when they're still in the same spot, they are down by two points. This man goes for it on his own I think thirty two luckily gets it on fourth and one and then goes for it again. And I think on his own forty on fourth and one and doesn't get for it. This is when there's like four minutes left in the game. He is all three timeouts and once again, his defense to this point is only given up three points and it's Kirk Cousins on the.
Speaker 2: Field, and this is what this man's doing.
Speaker 3: Down two points, so he goes for his own forty get stopped.
Speaker 2: God, thank god. Once again, Kirk Cousins is the quarterback. He goes three and out, so they have to kick a field goal.
Speaker 3: He is now down five and then gets the ball back, so it's like, there is no he can't lie and say, well, my guys told me to do. There is no math that's telling you that's a good decision go from you on third, especially when your defense is playing the way they did in that second half.
Speaker 2: And he just almost cost us.
Speaker 3: And at that point I was losing my mind because we had already basically at this point since I has been blown out. And yeah, not that I was having sick thoughts about Chad here, but I was definitely like, oh my god, he mushed my Carolina bet, making us put it as goddamn contest.
Speaker 2: But you did in Chad. They went out right, So shame on David, but good for us.
Speaker 1: Look, it's interesting because there's a little bit of a comp with what and this isn't my shame, but Sean McVay he wasn't aggressive enough with his play calling. I think when it came to short yardage, kept running the ball, kept running the ball in the middle of the field. I don't know if he just felt like that's what the only option was and that against that defense and Stafford wasn't on one, but they did not put themselves in a good position to put that game away. And this has been a consistent theme with Sean McVay this year, is he hasn't been aggressive enough in times when they needed to be aggressive. So it's interesting to me, like there's a perfect mirror there between what Canals was doing when he was down and what McVeigh was doing when he was up. Yeah, okay, my shame, shame, shame. How can it not be the Houston Texans defense. But you got cam Word on the five yard line with three and a half four minutes left in the game to ice it, and you let the guy go ninety five yards multiple penalties, a thirty eight yard over the shoulder, diving catch by their tight end. You're getting beat over the top and covered by a tight end. You are supposed to be the best defense in the league, and I know you won the game, but you need to be better than putting the ball back in the hands of Davis Mills and hoping that guy who really has not been adequate as a quarterback since v. J. Stroud went out, even though you've won a couple of games, look at his numbers. You're not one of those games because of Davis Mills. Shame on you for putting the ball back in his hands and making him be the one who wins you a game that you had to have. If you don't win that game, you're now a sub five hundred team and the percentage chance you have in making the playoff goes from thirty one percent if you're where you are, which is five hundred to nine percent, and you would be the only team in the history of the NFL in the Super Bowl era to have a defense that ranks at the top of the categories that you rank at and not make the playoffs. Shame on you, Houston Texans for letting cam Ward almost snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Shame, shame, shame, Simon. Who is your hero of the week.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be Bryce Young, Bryce Young, You're my hero. I just I can't believe it. We were deader than dead. He had to throw for almost four hundred and fifty yards three touchdowns, just an incredible performance. You know, this is a guy that basically we had all left him for dead career over. Andy Dlton got a car accident and that little break whatever it was, the three four games he had time off, I think came back and once Andy got hurt.
Speaker 2: He's just been a change man.
Speaker 3: Even this year, he's had down games, but you know we've been waiting for these type of games where he just bounces back, and he did in a big way today. So in my Hero of the week, Bryce Young, thank you so much, sir for that cover.
Speaker 1: My hero of the week is on the other side of the ball. And this as equally responsible for our other win today as Bryce Young was for the Panthers, and that of course would be Miles Garrett. Four sacks I think two tackles for loss. On the year, I think he has fifteen sacks. I think ties him for his career high in sacks, first guy to start his career with twelve sacks or more in every season. Twenty tackles for losses so far this year, his record for that is twenty two. That was last year. Think about this, the guy's got five games left and he's already who already has been one of the greatest defensive ends in NFL history, a record setting defensive end, and he has five games to shatter all of his personal records. He's the only reason we covered that game today. Every single time it seemed like the Ravens had an opportunity to move the ball down the field or to get a little momentum, Miles Garrett was in Lamar Jackson's grill, and I think it changed everything about that game. And I just feel bad that he's got to play on a team like the Browns, who I don't know, Maybe they'll get lucky next year and draft Fernando Mendoza from Indiana University, because that's the pace that they're on right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say the Browns never thought they'd have a better a better player.
Speaker 2: In the history of their franchise than Jim Brown. Miles keeps us up for another two three years.
Speaker 1: Give him a run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna it's gonna be really close, because just we've never seen a freak athlete like this. You just can stay healthy and consistently get his on a team that you know he's the guy, and that's you got to take him away, and you just you can't stop it.
Speaker 2: So it's it truly as crazy to see what we're watching.
Speaker 1: Jim Brown, Osie Newsome, Bernie Cozar, Miles Garrett. I think that's probably the top four right there for the Cleveland Browns. All right, Simon says, was Las Vegas plus three and a half. Chad's choice was Cleveland plus eight and a half. Brass balls was the Rams minus three? Lost that one rock and a hard plays Philadelphia minus two and a half. Sharp versus square. You can sense my bitterness on this Houston game because they were my sharp versus square. You had Carolina plus three and a half. Nice work the favorites parallel. Are you ready? Rams ding ding ding ding ding, Ravens ding ding ding ding ding, Houston ding ding ding ding ding, Green Bay pushing against jamis at seven, but they won and we got Philadelphia tonight' So we're four and oh and the favorite parlay, the underdog parlay. We got Carolina, we lost with I think Arizona and Cincinnati. Let's talk about some Early Leans. One of our commenters just wants us to know that brock Purty is back. How do we feel about that? Do we think brock Purty is back? Do we think this Niners team is back with Brock Purdy?
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 3: When they win two games in a row, they just don't win and cover there after they win a game. So yeah, we'll see if you look good today. Made some great throws, but that air airs in the defense. It's a lot of weeks in a row now that they just are giving up tons and tons of points.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of San Francisco and Early Leans, right now they are seven point favorites against the Carolina Panthers, and Monday Night Football in week twelve, are Darling Panthers going out to the Bay Area and there's seven point underdogs against San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I know, I can't believe it, Like my initiatistics is exactly what you're alluding to. It's like, aren't we hammering this Panthers number? This is the scene insane number. The forty defense is so banged up. Yeah, they got it with that take against Arizona, but Chad said it from the top. I mean, forty seven completions NFL record is what they gave up this week. Like this is still a bad defense. So yeah, it can pretty get his. I'm sure it can. We just we saw Caroline's defense get rolled. We've also seen Caroline's defense go on the road and play pretty well in a couple of different spots, like the did in Green Bay and against I mean, I guess it's the Jets don't really count, but still they showed up. They got the stuff. So yeah, that's for early lines. I'm gonna grab it and we'll see as a week as long. I just can't believe that's what they opened that.
Speaker 1: Number at feels feels very very But they know.
Speaker 2: What they're doing. It's on Monday night. They know they're gonna take a lot of fight nunders money exactly.
Speaker 1: Another one that jumped out at me only because of what happened this week. Tampa Bay. I don't have an opinion on this game yet, but I want to get yours. Tampa Bay at the Rams. The Rams are six and a half point favorites against the Bucks. If this is Tuesday, we're having the same conversation. Doesn't this feel big for the Bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Again, what are we missing here? This is an insane, insane number. So yeah, I got I'll be a sucker away. They'll take it for now. But this is a definitely a game I'm excited to who my model has it at and I gotta dive more into. But the only thing I think of is we're just underrating how bad this Bucks defense is, and they've struggled against good passing offenses. But my god, that is a lot of points to get Baker after two really bad losses Like it just we think, sure, he might lose three games in a row. I don't know if I can see him not covering in three straight games. This just feels like a spot to back Baker.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna get kicked in the head for saying this, especially if you don't know what's happening tonight. But next week, the New York Giants are visiting the Detroit Lions. And if there's ever been a team that will look to run the ball seventy five times against a really bad rushing defense, it is the Detroit Lions against the New York Football Giants. It's a huge number. I get it. But I look at that and I think, all right, maybe the Lions are going to lose tonight. Maybe that's going to be where they get back home. They play a really weak rushing defense and they get an opportunity to thrive.
Speaker 3: I think you're going somewhere totally different. Seattle minus twelve and a half at Tennessee. I saw that that is where you want to be chaed Seattle.
Speaker 2: Off the loss.
Speaker 3: They dominate bad teams, especially this year. They've absolutely throttled bad teams.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It's just a horrible spot for Tennessee. I mean, just I know they stole one today against Davis Mills. This is Sam Darnold, get right, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I could totally see it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna grab this now because it's under thirteen. I think this gets up to thirteen.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: I'll probably get there within the lines. But for big, big spreads early, I'm gonna grab that Seattle one.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: What else am I missing?
Speaker 2: Again? Just funky lines I don't get.
Speaker 3: You can get Colts plus three and a half right now against the Chiefs I get it, it's them outdoors, it's Daniel Jones against this Chiefs team. But I don't know if the Chiefs can stop Jonathan Taylor. Like I've seen their run defense, and I think this is actually a real favorable matchup for this Colt team.
Speaker 2: So that's just a line.
Speaker 3: Just like with Denver, I'm gonna hit it early, just see what the Pros do for it. Maybe this does get driven up to four again just like it did. But I am shocked they opened Colts plus three and a half just just it seems like a good spot where I get the public keeps back in this Chiefs team. They can't keep losing. But that's that feels like a heavy priced price to pay for that hook. I'm shocked they opened it with a hook. A game you talked a little bit about Pittsburgh is plus three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that game. I was just gonna say that game moved from two and a half t.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take it just just in case Rogers risk is fine and he gets comes back, even if it's Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't hate this number. I just.
Speaker 3: It's like we keep saying this Bears team, it's got to run out and all they do is win one possession games. This is a one possession number, so Bears could win it.
Speaker 2: But by more than a field goal. I feel like that's a hefty, hefty price to ask of this team.
Speaker 1: All right, Look, we won with the Browns plus eight and a half. We won with the Panthers plus three and a half. We lost with the Rams minus three. We lost with the Bengals plus five five and a half. We got the Eagles tonight. The current line is two and a half. We are two and two on the day. This has been Sharper Square presented by hard Rock Bet. We are part of the Volume and Podcast Network. We will be back with our next Sharper Square on Tuesday to go over the entire NFL slate. You can watch us in Sharper Square at YouTube, Like and subscribe. Also download us to Spotify, Apple Pods wherever you get your pods, Rate review, subscribe, leave us five stars, say whatever you want. Feedback is a gift. Until next time, Love you
Speaker 2: Hey, let's be caref