Speaker 1: Yeah, bluelet Cat Podcast Match special guests in here, two of them, my guy go toes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's happening? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Mister little one A came you know, yo yo, yo yo. Glad to be here.
Speaker 1: We got the Bay in San Diego in the building right now. Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 4: The first of all, why y'all sit out the game one more time?
Speaker 1: The Bay in San Diego?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the West Coast?
Speaker 1: Baby, Yeah, what brings you guys here together?
Speaker 2: We got a few things.
Speaker 5: Man. He had just wrote a song that I uh, that he wrote for him. We didn't write, you know, he wrote a song for me. I said, man, I want to want to do something different, and he had a track man, and I was like, man, I'm feeling that one. Let me get on that. And he blessed me with the writing and I got up on there and it came out really good. So it's a new song called wake Up. Actually, we're gonna be at KA today. We're going to feature the song.
Speaker 1: Wait so you're rapping?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I'm rapping on there.
Speaker 1: How long have you Ben rap?
Speaker 2: Ben Rapp? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well you know, oh I saw old school like album cover yours?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So this is not new to you.
Speaker 5: No, nah, nah, I ain't new to me. But but what I say, I don't consider myself a rap. I'm a reciter.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I have fun because people got to write the raps for me. So I just take the words, you know, and do what I do, have some fun with it. That's what music is about, if you put them out back in the day. Yeah, the gold Rush about fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think.
Speaker 1: People see you as like an executive.
Speaker 5: I was I when I did Black and Brown Entertainment.
Speaker 2: I was. I was an executive for.
Speaker 5: The first you know, almost ten years of it before I even hit the mic. The first song I did whatever was the Walk on Toes with south Park Meskin and that that hook he did, he wrote the hook that that thing was.
Speaker 2: All over the radio.
Speaker 1: He's definitely in the headlines a lot, even.
Speaker 2: Yeah saying jail, Yeah, you stay in the headline.
Speaker 1: What is your take on kind of like that whole situation. There's it seems as if people have like a hard line in the sand and the letting hip hop community where they're either like, you know, fuck him if you're associated with him. I don't know, like it just feels like, don't I don't know. I'm not fully educated on what happened when right. I just know he got convicted, you know, But what is your thought process on the controversy currently?
Speaker 5: I mean, he just went, like I always said, when he gets out, he's just gonna have to speak on it. And you know, that's really all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: When he gets out, he's gonna he's gonna get so much shows.
Speaker 5: Would I don't know, man, I mean, I don't know, because you're gonna have uh, you know, it ain't just happen like that. They're gonna have stipulations. I'm sure, you know what I mean, especially with those type of charges.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: What about you, man? What's going on with with you know?
Speaker 4: Well, like you said, uh, you know, the Chicano Music Festival is everything to me, But beyond the artists standpoint, it's just connecting the doubts in the culture. And that's kind of how me and go Toos just kind of came together symmetrically and just organically, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Besides the music.
Speaker 4: So when we did that song, we started sharing more music, start we spent more time together.
Speaker 3: And I ended up doing a two album deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Let me say something I really like.
Speaker 5: Uh, I didn't. When I started really getting into his music, he started sending me all these songs for me, you know, and I started bumping.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I started going it. I'm like, man, old man.
Speaker 5: He gets down, you know, and I like the oldies and he was flipping them tight. I'm like, oh, he got something, you know what I'm saying. And I was, I don't know, did you think I was gonna be able to flip that song when I do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So so when he's like, yo, let's do this song.
Speaker 4: You you heard go to Go Too, got natural right, natural spin, natural flow. You know. So when when he asked me, I'm like, absolutely, you could do that. Then you know, we got the lyrics out there, and then one day he just hit me and the song was done.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I got it done quick too, like in a couple of hours. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For people who don't know, you know, you're kind of like you're like one of the O g's in the Chicano rap world. How long have you been at this?
Speaker 4: Because well, my first album, Once in a Decade, came out in nineteen ninety six ship, you know, nainety six and then and there was nine.
Speaker 3: I gotta you know, what's crazy.
Speaker 4: I had a nine year old the other day when I was in Reno, and he was saying, now, this could have been what homicide or maybe this could have been suicide from once in a decade. And he's nice and he's nine. That's crazy, right, But I mean, you know, I've always I've always felt that, you know, the whole chicono wrap thing, that's cool, but I've never really seen it that way. I've always seen music, like he was saying, like art like no no color, no age, no no label. I've always looked at music like freedom and that and and and so has go Tos. And I think that's what's been able to to align us, you.
Speaker 1: Know, not necessarily thinking in a box when it comes Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you know, we thought the culture and everything, but ultimately, man, like the magnitude of what we're doing is freedom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always tell tell people like, I think, you know, growing up because I'm from Phoenix, right, so we had Empty Magic and MB Writers and Nasty Boy Click before they MB writers and all that. But like I listened to, uh, what was locals? I used to be the board off and all that ship. Yeah, I used to all the Lowrider shows, So I was like very hip to the culture, but the music necessarily didn't ever really like a lot of the Chicano rap shit was like very Hey, this is for.
Speaker 4: Us, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And don't get me wrong, and it is, But I mean that doesn't like there's more than more than yeah, there's more than just sampling a song and rapping.
Speaker 1: Is there sh that I was like a fan of too.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, everybody expects it to sound like Simon right when there really is like skeletons being made out of these melodies, remedies made to make memories, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then like I think some of the high power guys are dropping shit with like Busy Bone like and.
Speaker 4: Some of that, But like there's real mcs too, like Shadows, Ands and MC. You know there's real mcs too. But so I always felt that we were so much more, you know.
Speaker 1: I think Bash did a good job of breaking that door down to be like, hey, I happen to be Latin, but I'm making party music that if you live in New York.
Speaker 3: You still bang it.
Speaker 4: Out right, you can still bag it out and it's it's still the same thing synonymously with the festival. Like you know, the festival consists of all the cultural elements, but it's just the dwarf for everyone to come through and experience the culture for sure.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: On Sinco the Mayo.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's gonna be crazy at the Legacy, the Midnighters, Slash Slacking, the Wicked, del Phonics, Jay roxx O, bet By the SHA's gonna be crazy, Coyote Dope, gold Toes in the house for gold Toes coming through. We got, Man, we got a whole bunch of stuff lined up. Like I said, Man, you know, got.
Speaker 2: A whole layout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a whole layout.
Speaker 4: You know, I signed a two album deal with him. The English album will be at Chicano and the Spanish and Mexicano and you know, and then we got a joint project that we're working on together as well. So you know, we got a lot of music, we got a lot of visuals, we got a lot of shows, we got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of a lot toes. I want to give you props because I feel like you've been very instrument instrument in terms of bridging the gap between Southern California Northern California Latinos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we're just communicating with each other.
Speaker 5: A lot more conversations are happening naturally, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Uh uh, you know, and more to come.
Speaker 5: You know, it's gonna take some time, but you know, you know, it's good to communicate and get on to another uh, you know far future.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, do you think like in terms of like where that like just kind of the relationships of like certain artists with certain artists from from up north to down south, or even guys like like you, like who you've worked with, like like ten years ago. Would any of that stuff have been possible five years ago, because it feels like there's been a lot more putting some of the politics shit to the side and just kind of uniting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, no, it wouldn't have been possible. I mean it could have been, but I mean it would have just been a lot more. It would have been a lot more I would say, more complicated and difficult. I think through the times now and what's going on, uh, in the last few years within the prison system, I believe has helped out things to help develop things in the streets. And you know, there's a lot of Latins that are not into no type of gangs or no type of politics.
Speaker 2: That still feel subject to uh just over front, just to that.
Speaker 5: And geographically, yeah, geographically, and there needs to be some type of now you know, yeah, we're giving it. We're giving it a chance to We're giving ourselves a chance to shine a little bit and to work to work together, you know what I'm saying. So you know, it's gonna take some time, you know, and it's happening.
Speaker 4: It's happening right now, you know, in your podcast. You know, and again I think I think beyond anything. I think that the thing that's important here is not we're not trying to do anything that's just transactional. We want to do things that are transformational, you know what I'm saying. And that's the energy that we're on, you know, beyond just music, like you know, really building something a found that comes from a foundation of purity, you know, like this is this isn't just about a monetary gain.
Speaker 3: It's much more than set.
Speaker 5: An example, when we got together, we were like all your phone connected, connect colicted. When we have when we have a lot in common. So everything is just coming in. It's coming how it's supposed to be. We coming at it how it's supposed to come. I wanted to go to go back and give a shout out to Pocals Spedal Locals because that was a legendary show. Yeah, because I mean they put on a lot of that. Think from everywhere. I think our tacos man, this guy's bro.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of the podcast where you.
Speaker 5: At the doors locked ship, give us the white bed, take my phone, man, my bad.
Speaker 1: From the white angle.
Speaker 5: We could keep calling me and call them like fuck.
Speaker 1: Tell them you're coming. I was going to say, you know, poke Spedal Locals obviously, like I feel like kool Aid, I forget the DJ's name. He did a lot for the culture, for sure, man, a lot.
Speaker 4: You know. I remember kool Aid was a very big believer in it, Big bad network, you know. Yeah, and you know grew up in Oxnart. You know the ox Snart is heavy with the culture. Five man, Yeah, shout out today five And you know Koolaid opened that door and we came in. The more they got syndicated, the more we got out there, so that was a good plug for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those those og low Rider shows were crazy. I'm talking about like six oh five oh seven. Then those were yanking, cranking, you know what I'm saying. Tell me kind of like for people who don't know, you have GT Digital, which is your distribution distribution company, yep, And these days there's so many distribution companies popping up.
Speaker 5: Right everybody's trying to do it. A lot of people try to do it, they just can't get clients.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was gonna say for you, like, because I'm really you know, obviously I'm real typ with Gazi and Nina and those guys, and as you are. You do a lot of business with Empire as well. There's companies like Distro, Kid Tone Core and One r PAN and so many independent distributors these days. What is the what do you bring to the that is unique?
Speaker 5: I think that being my years of being in the record business, you know, Black and Brown entertainment. There's Latin Records knowing how to be a record label, on the necessity of communication, dealing with the artists. People do want to give you their life, of their heart, and then all of a sudden you got to talk to an email and you can't speak to nobody, you know, with us, I have a staff. We're going to talk to you. I talk to you. I listen to the music. I'm in tune with everybody. And there's a lot of artists out there. You know what I'm saying. But I'm able to decipher who really wants it and who is necessary of that time to talk to them. Of course everybody is, and we do. I believe there's enough time in our day to talk to everybody. That's the whole thing. I don't you know, we want to talk to you. I leave give you five minutes to chop it.
Speaker 2: Up with you.
Speaker 5: See what's going on? How you doing with your marketing? What do you need help in? Let me listen to your best song? First thing I do. What's your best song? What's your best Let me see it? You know what I mean? That ain't nothing. This is what I'm doing. I'm in the music business. I want to listen to the music. You know, there's some people that there's other companies that don't do none of that.
Speaker 1: That is true. Not to send an email, You got.
Speaker 2: It, that's it.
Speaker 5: Just your kid ain't listening to your ship too, for sure. You think the motherfucker's day is not listening to your ship.
Speaker 2: They don't give you.
Speaker 5: You just loaded it up, put it in, and you gonna get They're gonna get their money, they gonna pay it.
Speaker 1: Is it hard though, like trying to be accessible to everybody, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, Actually it ain't.
Speaker 5: Nah, Yeah, they ain't because most people, most I'm gonna say most artists are only doing an album or too.
Speaker 2: So they're putting a date some of them.
Speaker 5: Some mother uckers they forget about they even put something up right, you know what I'm saying. Then you got something that are seriously into it, and then you can talk to him. They're gonna put something out. I mean, it's it's you know, like I said, ten minute conversation is gonna go a long way.
Speaker 4: I think that's what he does different, you know, because like he was talking about the communication, I think when there's communication with comprehension, it changes the dynamic of just communicating. When you communicate with comprehension, you understand what you're talking about. And I think he's really good at that. He's really good at letting him know, like, look, this is A, B and C. This is the way it's supposed to happened.
Speaker 1: You do your part.
Speaker 3: I do my part.
Speaker 4: Everybody wins instead of like, oh my ship's out all over the you know, in every platform.
Speaker 1: So what Yeah, the destro game is interesting because I just see, I feel like every major label has their own version of I guess. With Empires, I feel like kind of revolutionized in terms of like, you know, they kind of kicked the door down and now everybody, everybody's got their own Empire under their umbrella, you know, like three hundred Sparta and you know, go on and on and on. So I just always am wondering, like, you know, I just I'm intrigued.
Speaker 5: By me and Me and Gazi both started off with Ingrous I was I started. I started, I started INgrooves is Rap Division was their first rap I was their first rap label. Actually hooked up Gazi with them for the job. For him to get in there, It's crazy, you know what I'm saying. Gazi was, you know, my engineer for Black and Browning Entertainment at that time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So me, we we's still engineering too a whole album.
Speaker 5: You know, because there's there's a YouTube video Gazi saying I want to be like Julio and our grow up.
Speaker 2: I'm like, now, god, he blew up.
Speaker 5: That means all this to say is at any point you could get you can blow. It could take one day, any point, man, in this game, it could happen. You know, dreams can happen overnight overall with the you know, stuff goes viral all of a sudden boom you're on.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask both of you guys, because you guys eas have had so much independent success in the rap game. I feel like I always correlate the Bay Area with like just the real roots of this independent rap shit, like getting it out the Trump. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, how do you guys like being on both sides of the game right Like in twenty twenty three, the music game is so different. There's got to be like other ways to monetize your music besides the streaming, because the streaming is you know it is what it is.
Speaker 5: I mean, cross marketing of course with other artists, you know what I'm saying, paying for you know, getting ads, YouTube ads, TikTok ads, doing sure marketing, spend money, gotta spend money, man, you know, and it may not come back. You know, at least you gave yours. At least you gave it a shot to shine though.
Speaker 3: And you gotta be okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be okay.
Speaker 4: You gotta be That's acceptance to that is a huge part of being an artist, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I've always been a firm believer of that.
Speaker 4: Like sometimes Deepak Chop process, expectancy determines outcomes. When you're not attached to the outcome, the outcome is guaranteed. Sometimes that desire and that one creates an actual barrier between you and your success.
Speaker 2: I think you know, of course, doing the visual it's the truth. I think your visuals too.
Speaker 5: You got to get in you know, you got to get creative.
Speaker 2: With your videos and your visuals. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes the song you think is the one may not.
Speaker 1: Be the one. You gotta be okay with that, and you gotta be okay.
Speaker 2: Gamble, bro, this is all a gamble.
Speaker 5: That's why I say, like, I have fun with this ship man, like when he wrote the song having fun with I'm gonna go do a video.
Speaker 1: Both have it?
Speaker 5: You having fun. That's what I do with my music. That's how I enjoy it. If I spend, I go spend ten twenty thousand, but if I don't make it back, at least I have fun doing it.
Speaker 4: When he told me about the music, I was like, ah, bro, that's like fifth on the list for me. You know what I'm saying it is, you know, I'm bringing the culture together doing these festivals all over the country, you know, closing that paradoxic Divided slash Divided gap.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean you've been doing your thing as a promoter for a long time, long time, yeah, which is in the whole other side of the game is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, but again, resource and strategy. You know, there's been some shows that didn't go so well, so what. There's been some shows that were phenomenal. There's some records that didn't do so well. So what some records that did phenomenal. I've been on Power one on six, I've been in Boise, Like, you know, it doesn't matter. You know, every single aspect of what you do to contribute to what you're doing matters, you know what I'm saying. So I think a lot of artists have this idea this fallacy of what they're their.
Speaker 3: Dreaming, and they ain't nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 4: But ultimately, you can't let money consume you. You got to have passion for what you do. You got to have passion for your art. You still got One of the things that people say about Florida Mayweather is that he was still training like he was broke for sure. You know what I'm saying, Like, the passion has to be your purpose, your art. I always look at music like art. That's why it comes so naturally. I've been doing it for a long time. But I was never like an ABC person just to do songs to do songs, especially as I got older, and especially as life itself became more meaningful to me. Relationships become more meaningful. You magnetize and allie with other people that are living a meaningful life, and then whatever you do becomes meaningful.
Speaker 3: So therefore it happens organically.
Speaker 1: Yo, go Tos. I wanted to ask you, and obviously you had a lot to do with this too, just with the name of your label. But why do you think that Northern California, it feels like Black artists and Latin artists are more privy and naturally working together because I feel like when it comes to southern California, it it feels like the rap Games a little more divided.
Speaker 5: It's just the way we grew up in the Bay, in northern Cally, It's just you know, we grew up black and brown. I mean even in La they grew up black and around two. But I think, you know, just from you know what I know is changing.
Speaker 1: But I just mean, like historically, it just feels like a little more like different.
Speaker 5: I think it's just in the Bay it's always been like that. You know, the Blacks and the Mexicans. We grew up together, so it's just always had that. We've had that that How can I say the lingo? You know what I'm saying. San Francisco, you know it's a little different, that's all. It's just what it is. It's just different, you know geographically that we raised different, we interact differently, and you know that's it. Really at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling about San Francisco?
Speaker 5: Man? In fact, every time, man, everybody moving out, It's like, what the funk happened?
Speaker 1: In my city?
Speaker 4: Everybody goes got moms everywhere, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, the city is still the city, but.
Speaker 1: The Chinese president came through and they cleaned that shit up. Frisco.
Speaker 2: Frisco, Man, now Frisco. You know, city is still a city.
Speaker 5: But you know a lot of everybody's been moving out, uh, you know, hitting the suburbs and moving to different states. But at the end of the day, man, you know, I love my city.
Speaker 1: Every time I go there, I'm just paranoid. I'm just like, everyone, take everything out of your car. Not get bit.
Speaker 5: We're doing the Splash City, you know me and yeah, we're doing the splashy with Four Ways Entertainment.
Speaker 1: So I met them. I was at his compound a couple of months ago and I met the guys who I think help wrote it. They came through. Yeah, I think the trailer just dropped. Yeah, we just dropped the trailer. Yeah, what's that coming. It's going to be coming out hopefully. We're going to start filming in January, so sometime by the end of the year. It's big twenty twenty four. Yeah, Because I think Burne was saying that, it's like, you know, if you think about all like these Netflix series and like gangster movies, there's never been like anything that's really there's been Boston gangster movies, New York gangster movies. There ain't never been no like real spotlight on the Bay and like what goes on in the Bay, and there's so much culture there, there's so much like.
Speaker 5: Man, it's just about that time and start time with Sean.
Speaker 3: That's why we're here building bridges everywhere.
Speaker 4: Even the Mexicans in Texas different than the Mexicans in California.
Speaker 1: Trust me, I just went hog hunting with that Mexican. Oh yeah, I saw that, yeah, and that was fun.
Speaker 4: But you see building a bridge, like you said, from the Bay to here here to Texas and even California and Texas to Mexico.
Speaker 3: The Mexico.
Speaker 4: The movement with music is crazier, going nuts, for sure, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So that's what me and Gold is doing.
Speaker 5: We here building bridges, just putting our resources together and communicating and see what we can make happen, you know, And it's good for the culture. It's good for all of us for sure.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think of a guy like Mexicano T who is funk? You just got a gold record.
Speaker 5: He's make it, He's all right.
Speaker 3: I think he's yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I see how fast he popped up boom, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But he said it exactly like how go Tos was talking about about the ward and He's.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just culture where he was raised.
Speaker 3: He was like, this is where we grew up. Man, it's just cod.
Speaker 1: I went to a city where he grew up. I saw it.
Speaker 5: You know, Texas different Texas and Texas. You know, they got a lot of slang out there, they do. They got a lot of slang and Mexicans out there sound black black. I thought we sound black, and I'm like, damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, though Texas is wild. Yeah, everybody got a strap.
Speaker 5: We were cracking out there, man.
Speaker 2: We were like we.
Speaker 1: Were in the middle of nowhere, just stalking hogs on a helicopter. No, no, we did, and then we did it on foot. It like two in the morning with night vision and ship. It was fucking great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was dope.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that's a different experience, but that's how he grew up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: You know that's what makes it dope.
Speaker 1: We do you guys put a guy like Magic in the pantheon of like Latin hip hop because he obviously he makes love music, but he's also empty magic.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But in my opinion, I mean, you know, I love I love the freedom of his art.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he stayed true to his roots.
Speaker 4: He you know, he he he gets music and provides his art to the music and everybody hears an empty magic beat and knows it.
Speaker 1: And he's doing more shows now, yeah, everyone in his career. Yeah that's what's so crazy. And yeah, him Bash and little Robert.
Speaker 5: Running it, yeah, running it.
Speaker 1: They're doing more shows than they've ever done. And it's crazy because like like they'll set out the novel like twice a year, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's just it's just wild, because always feel like magic like for us and easy. He's like kind of like the fucking biggest thing has ever come out of Phoenix, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So, but I mean he's always treated that music like guard for.
Speaker 1: Sure, and he's always been a professional, always.
Speaker 3: Lockdowns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, I just saw him in San Diego maybe a few months ago when he was out there shooting the video and we chopped it up for a little bit. But he's also a really good dude.
Speaker 1: For the best, he's got you know, he's kind of taking a page from your book and he's doing his own shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's doing his own shows too.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy because if you go to a magic show, he's on, like if Rob's opening or someone's opening for him, like or anyone that goes on before him, Like he's on the side of the stage running the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I was standing there with him. I was like, oh, you're fucking yeah, like handling, like he's playing the graphics on the screen and ship, Like, don't you have some who could do this so that.
Speaker 4: You know, when I was doing the Latin Lockdown, I was getting him on the show. Then I've seen him doing this thing too. But you know, even even just being motivated to do the festival because of things like that. You know, there's a lot of people that use the word tackle, the word Michelada, the word just add festival to it for sure.
Speaker 1: And you know I went to my Alreadys did one in present. I think it was like called Taco throw Down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: You know, there's there's millions of dollars being generated off the culture, you know what I'm saying, Sure, so why.
Speaker 1: Not let why I mean shot out to Bobby d two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bobby, shout out to Bobby on the big concert, Bobby, He's got based, He's fucking But you know, like that's the objective here.
Speaker 3: The objective is is beyond that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, there's always this microscopic fucking lens in the inner city, like nobody gives it the telescopic lens about the beautiful ship that happens in the culture, you know what I'm saying. So bringing acts like and like Malo and del Phonics because the oldies are part of the.
Speaker 1: Culture for sure. Have you obviously your hip to like what Desi Hollow is doing an ocean size Yeah, yeah, yeah, you doing a great job with the whole school.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, for sure. He's dope as fuck too. And I got abed by the yea. Yeah, you know he's dope as fuck too. But again, you know, being able to bring the motown side of it, the latinos side of it, hip hop side of it with little Weirdo Kryota and still got Conako and Shadow you know, and uh and just being a being.
Speaker 1: Whirdos to id to get him on the show. Weirdos dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're those dope, you know, and connect connecting with go to's, you know, man and being able to do we want to take this to the Bay. We want to take this to Texas.
Speaker 1: Got it doesn't ask you what do you think is like a key to kind of helping some of these uh, like like smaller cities in the middle of Cali because I think of a guy like GB who have had on the show shot to him ghetto boy. But there's like cities like Fresno. There's cities like Bakersfield. Their city is like Stockton, Stockton's booming.
Speaker 5: They they got to cross market themselves.
Speaker 2: I mean you can even I mean even.
Speaker 5: I mean there's a lot of rappers and you could be cracking locally, but I'm gonna be honest. You got to get out even, got to get out the state to start moving around. I mean, most of these guys they put out an album name even making ten thousand dollars in a year, they're most of them probably making about three rats at the most. I mean it's like, for real, you feel.
Speaker 1: Me well, I mean yeah, especially if you start doing the math on the stream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started staying there.
Speaker 5: You know that you think they popping, but they really when you start really seeing the numbers.
Speaker 1: Right about four grand last year. You know, if you got a million streams.
Speaker 5: Going, man, you got to keep pushing, you feel me? So uh, you know you got music? Like I tell everybody, do it, you love it, and keep doing it and keep being consistent with it. And look, look we're fifty years old. I was doing this shit when I was twenty three.
Speaker 4: Right, that's crazy, you know that, Sear, that's the timeless aspect of it, you know again, but it goes back. You know, you either inspired, like if you go you go to a football player's baseball players mom's house, you'll see him doing that sport when he.
Speaker 3: Was ten, for sure.
Speaker 4: So it's got to be it's got to be passion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has to be the first thing.
Speaker 4: It can be like chains, the broads and the car I mean.
Speaker 1: I always tell people like, uh, if you are willing to spend money on a belt or a fun wallet or a fucking half ass chain, but your videos look like ship yeah, and the artwork on your album is a joke and you and you ain't doing social media content the right way. Like fuck your belt, bro, fuck the Louis belt with the Gucci shooting.
Speaker 4: I would say that, you know, it's more like that the mute that the videos looked the way the music sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta brand yourself, you know, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Make everything a little ice cream. You want to cover to be right. You want your videos to be right.
Speaker 5: Like right now, everything I'm doing, I'm trying to take my time, like even though I don't do songs all the time, but when I do it now, I want to make sure everything is tight, everything's looking right, the rollouts nice, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Somebody who was I arguing with somebody from San Francisco in my comments lied, they said that what they say. Somebody said the Bay has the best Mexican food, which is just a bullfaced lie obviously, because.
Speaker 3: San Diego got good.
Speaker 1: I am not san Diego.
Speaker 4: San Diego, San Diego has the best Mexican best.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take no, no, no, no, I let's say no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: No no no no no. San Diego is good. San Jose, San hol got some good ship though.
Speaker 3: San Diego ne SEMy I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, neck and.
Speaker 4: Neck sane man, San Diego.
Speaker 2: I might have to ride with San Jo Man twenty twenty the market.
Speaker 1: Listen, san Diego got the craziest Mexican food I ever had, And well, Tijuana is my ship. Though there's a place in TJ called Lionfish that's all so good, but that's like my school is like more of the Spanish ship, but more than the seafood chip. But now, because you're.
Speaker 2: Crazy, you're a liar, man, San Jogo.
Speaker 1: I say Phoenix has the best, and it doesn't San Diego does.
Speaker 4: San Diego's got the best.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you one thing, twenty one thing.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 5: I get upset about being in Texas if they don't fucking have burritos. Bro, Bro, Texas, I mean you'll find it in California.
Speaker 1: Bro, who would we argue with from Texas? Was it ot? I'm like you can't, obviously, but you can't really think like Texas Mexican food is better than anything in California.
Speaker 4: I remember, I remember one time I was in Houston and I hit Bash and I'm like, yo, dog, was, where do they have roll tacos out here? He sent me to this spot and they're like dip like in Sauce Video. Na, No no, no, no, it was not be.
Speaker 3: It was it was just all bad.
Speaker 1: Noah, yeah, yeah, listen. Texta was his own thing. But it ain't fucking with Cali. It ain't fucking with Azy either. Tucson Phoenix shipping on Texas. So no San Jose.
Speaker 3: In San Diego and you been the mark.
Speaker 1: I say this. The best papoosas I ever had were off mission. In the mission.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had one of the little spot thirtieth Street.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, were you there, Cyrus when we have papoosas in the bay. Oh man, they were so good. Shots of the savvy's. Man. I love papoosas. But yeah, look, so we got two albums coming out.
Speaker 3: Two albums in Chicano and Michicano Gold.
Speaker 5: We're working on something together joint and they joined album and then we got the song that he he wrote for you, he wrote for me right now, wake Up, wake Up, Wake Up in the future of Mary Will if.
Speaker 1: You just help put together the record with Berner, and.
Speaker 2: So we did. Berner, I just did.
Speaker 5: I remixed Berner, Jay Diggs and Too Short. I threw Jenny six y nine on there right, Jenny did her verse. Then I brought her up to the bay. We just knocked out the video her short burn digs lit up the bay and that should be chopping at the top of the year.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: What I always for people who I always say, people don't quite understand if you're not like so mac dre right. I've talked with people in the Bay. They always say that, like he really wasn't fully appreciated until he passed.
Speaker 5: True, he was very much like that's because the radio really got on him. But everything just really just intensive by. But that really happens whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, even Nipsey do a standard, right, like Nipse fully appreciated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Jack Lie And it's just this is what happens, you know what I'm saying. People start really listening to and appreciating with you with the music you left behind.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy because you think about like the Hyphie era and how he really wasn't there to I guess really enjoy enjoy the peak of it.
Speaker 5: But he was the one that started it. He was light, he was the fire.
Speaker 1: He was going to start it up. But it's crazy because I just like, like at that.
Speaker 5: I guess I guess you don't appreciate you like you don't appreciate things when they're right there in front of you until they're gone.
Speaker 4: Then you're like, man, but we're here giving it up to him though, So for.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, r P mac dre Man.
Speaker 1: All right, well look go stream your song is out.
Speaker 2: Wake up.
Speaker 1: People want to sign up for some distro. They could go to what.
Speaker 2: You can go to my GT Digital distribution on i G.
Speaker 5: There's a click the link in the bi or you can you know, you can follow me at go tos link link in the bar on IG. Just fill it out. My staff is gonna get right to you. We're gonna sign you up, check you out, you know, listen to your music and then we'll get you going real easy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Then the show people people can buy tickets.
Speaker 4: Yet you go out on music fest dot com the Chicano Music Festival next year.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be historical.
Speaker 1: Good to Mario san Diego, stay tuned for all of it.
Speaker 2: I want to say.
Speaker 5: I want to say, it's been a pleasure though seeing you, uh you know, develop yourself, appreciate it in the entertainment business, and uh, you know, it's an honor right now to be at this time in the rap game. Especially for Latin rap. Uh you know right, it's the best it's ever been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's we are.
Speaker 5: We are at a point to where us as Latinos in the entertainment business, we have an opportunity to really be great and to come together to even be greater, to help each other because I believe we've been held back a lot and now's the time to shine and to put our powers together to be the best that we can.
Speaker 1: There's been there really dope media platforms like food Community developing.
Speaker 5: And don't let no motherfucker stop you man, stop being scary, get there and get it done.
Speaker 2: That's the fuck we're doing.
Speaker 5: That's it, man, I'm standing on this ship.
Speaker 3: There it go, solute boom.