Speaker 1: You're listening to the Hottest The Hottest. It be a podcast out here.
Speaker 2: I said what I said, it's the Heat Checks.
Speaker 1: Let's move forward to news around the league real quick. Can I interest you in some Netflix basketball? Oh? Yes. Tuesday, Netflix unveiled its first live sporting event, called the Netflix Cup, a mishmash of Formula one and PGA. Turns out, Netflix has its sights on the NBA's I S t In Season Tournament. According to the Sports Business Journal, Netflix has shown some interest in acquiring rights to the broadcast in season tournament and then wants to build a docu series like the wildly popular F one and the Tour de Front series.
Speaker 2: Netflix of course won't.
Speaker 1: Be able to build it on this until April, so this is for next season. But yes, Netflix is getting serious about the ist.
Speaker 2: Kind of love it.
Speaker 1: I kind of love it because here's the thing, You're gonna need to go behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: That Tour de Front docu series fucking lit.
Speaker 1: They're like, Hey, you're gonna be the errand boy in this this like round of the Tour Pronsey. He's like, actually, no, I think I'm gonna try to win this myself. And everybody's like what, Yeah, I can't wait for the Rudy gobert Ist straight up choke hold and us have to.
Speaker 2: Figure out in the locker room what was going on.
Speaker 1: Steve Kerr is gonna have to really like give us some behind the scenes footage because brand like I got just very much. Also see Cam Thomas being followed around Brandon Miller and building a show around these personalities that we will love and that we will hate. Moving on, everyone and their mother has heard Mavericks announcer Brian Demerez's epic two minute rant taking down James Harden.
Speaker 2: It went very viral. It was what everyone was talking about.
Speaker 1: Everyone sort of seemed to love it, except for Sports Southwest, who decided to pull down the video clip because it went against the company's values. Isn't this the same company that went dark for an entire week and wasn't able to broadcast the games, like the one critical component of being a broadcast partner, And this is what you say is against the company's values. How about what is against companies values is like not actually putting the games.
Speaker 2: Out for the fans. Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Is this the same company, by the way, that's going bankrupt? And then like offered their fans vouchers because for seven days the app was down.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the Clippers were very mad.
Speaker 1: They're probably like, hey, Bally, your broadcast partner, do not allow your guy Brian de Maris to be outside of his lane talking shit about our new point guard.
Speaker 2: We can't have all that. We know everybody already hates James Harden.
Speaker 1: Tyrese Haliburn also in the news. He is just shooting the leather off the ball, but he also got profiled by the Ringer. Fully, how good is Halliburton Miles Turner who was on the trade block before Hallie got there. They hated hated Miles Turner in Indiana and now somehow they love him. He said this about Halle. We were playing at the time with some of our G League centers and some guys were trying to earn minutes and stuff like that, and they were finishing with twenty and ten. Oh my god, twenty and ten. These dudes that hardly know what direction to run, and Halliburton makes them look like starters.
Speaker 2: No wonder Jalen Smith is getting minutes? What does that say?
Speaker 1: Also about like where we're at on Jeris Walker, how come he can't get any playing time. My favorite thing from the Ringer article was this tidbit. It had never really occurred to Halliburton to slow down. He was taught with the game as an open floor, and he learned to read it with the help of a PlayStation. Honestly, a lot of my BOOP knowledge is knowing how to play coming from video games. When you're playing two K and you're on that camera angle where you can see everything ahead of you, that's how I.
Speaker 2: Think sometimes that's that's ridiculous Tyrese.
Speaker 1: Haliburton single handedly giving every video gamer on Earth a common dub being like, yo, if you play two K, your basketball IQ through the roof.
Speaker 2: He's not the only one who said the same thing.
Speaker 1: Jaron Jackson said, I feel like I get my shot block timing from two K, and I'm being serious. When I was first in the league, I was swiping a lot they get by you in two K. You figure out the timing when you're gonna block shots. Video games very important key pieces for film study for NBA players. Finally, Lemon Pepperloo our Man Lou Williams six Men of the Year God retired this year after a long and successful NBA career, and he's now making the rounds saying crazy ass shit the latest. Did you know that Trey Young had a podcast?
Speaker 2: Because I didn't.
Speaker 1: He went on Trey Young's podcast and said this. We started to hear the rumblings that nobody is going to respect this chip, so we just kind of took our foot off the gas. He is referencing the three to one lead that the Clipper Blue to the Nuggets in the second round of the Bubble. Remember the Bubble That was where Lemon pepperlu got his nickname Lemon Pepper Lou because he went to Magic City for the Wings during a pandemic when they were not supposed to leave the property. You know who will not love hearing this, Kawhi and Paul George, who now are going to be having to feel questions.
Speaker 2: That is all the news for this week. We will see you on Monday.
Speaker 1: That's all the time that we After this episode, come back for an all new episode and check out the fee for past episodes. Of many episodes which drop unexpectedly like the fall leaves in a gentle breeze, Do not forget to follow the heat check all season long. That means download subscribe, Tell your friends, even your Uber driver who will not turn around so you don't have to cross.
Speaker 2: A busy street. Follow us on social at this heat.
Speaker 1: Check and at trist de Crick on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time.