Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Jess is on va k lonla Rosa? Is he all?
Speaker 4: Good morning y'all, Charlamagne, the guide peace to the planet is Monday.
Speaker 3: Good morning. How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black and holly favorite, happy to be here another day to serve off beautiful listeners.
Speaker 3: What's happening there? That's right, it's a Monday. How was your weekend? Long?
Speaker 5: My weekend was great. I celebrated my grandmother's birthday, wrote a book. She also loves you. She gave me a book to give to Charlemagne, and we playing spades and had a good time.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful thing. Good time with a book.
Speaker 5: It's in the it's out there.
Speaker 1: I got a free Oh see. She on't know how to promote her aunt's book, right man. She want to have This is the book. It's called Blah Blah.
Speaker 5: Trip to the Motherland is about her going to Ghana and all the enlightening that happened when she went. It's my Phylis Sucker Sonders's available on Amazon right now. There you go there it goes boom and she signed it on the inside for you, Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: Charlamage, you are so handsome. I would love for you to journey with me through Ghana enjoy. I don't know what that says, something or something something. Lauren's on it never.
Speaker 5: Said you were.
Speaker 6: It is not.
Speaker 5: That's my that's my younger sister. She can see it. Ain't no way to say that.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you what it says, man, okay, I'm just reading what it.
Speaker 5: Says right there that it's like three words over there.
Speaker 3: Definitely not. You know.
Speaker 4: I went to I went to Top Golf over the week and I took the family to Top Golf. Had such a great time at Top Golf. If you get a chance to go, get you know, go out there with bring the whole family.
Speaker 3: My kids loved it.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to golf, though I know that much. I was hitting balls left right like it was baseball. Didn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 5: I saw you again with the video of you're teaching her how to bring up.
Speaker 3: I was trying to teach your wife how to hit balls.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Times have changed, boy, ladies, I know y'all got it hard out here. Man, God, what you did this weekend is crazy.
Speaker 3: It's gone.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Teach the woman how to hit balls. Life has really changed golf. What you did this weekend not a damn thing. My favorite thing to do. Want to close bombs for doing nothing, absolutely nothing. I watched the fight this weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, listen.
Speaker 1: Like I said last week, the labar Roach just in here having a conversation with him when he was up here. When I was up here, I was just like, yo, your confidence makes me want to put a couple of dollars on you. And I mean his confidence showed in the ring, did you No, I didn't put no money on him.
Speaker 3: But it was a draw. Oh, I actually think he wanted to fight.
Speaker 5: I feel like he wanted to fight too. I forgot the draw thing, but we are gonna talk about that.
Speaker 1: But as I said in the group chatnel, it was the weekend. I was like, uh, I said, the judges either gonna call it a draw or a split decision for Roach, And he called it a draw. But I mean I think no, I think he wanted to fight. He wanted to fight just because he landed more punches. Tank landed more power punches. But they should have counted that knee a knock. That if they're the count that kne as a knocked that he definite would have won. I don't understand how you could pause. I don't even think Tank was hurt, but just the fact you took a knee that should have counted a Yeah, you can't pause a fight like hold on, let me write this sweat like I've never seen that before. You got you got punched in the faith and you weren't hurt, but you did take a knee and that's what the calendar.
Speaker 4: Is not bad and should have won the fight. All right, Well we'll talk about it was a great squaditals this squad. It was a great fight, all right. Well, Rizza will be joining us this morning. Rizza, of course, Wu Tan is going on the Final Chamber Tour right running the tail right now, yeah, run the Jewels will be co headlining with them. So we're gonna talk to Riza this morning. And we have to send a resting piece to Angie Stone. She passed away over the.
Speaker 1: Weekend, Columbia, South Carolina's own man resting piece to Angie Stone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we got a chance to interview her in twenty nineteen, and.
Speaker 1: You know it's so crazy. I watched that conversation over the weekend.
Speaker 3: She's on there.
Speaker 1: You know, she's talking about the movie she wanted to do in the documentary she wanted to do about her life because you know, Angie was, you know, a hip hop pie in there, Neil soul pie in there, R and B icon like she had a she lived.
Speaker 3: A full life. That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna replay that interview this morning when she stopped through. All right, well, let's get the show, Cracker. We got front page news when we come back, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is j n V, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Clublong the roads are filling in for Jess. And let's get in some front page news. So off quick as some sports ats. We were just talking Javonte Davis, Lamont, Roach Junior.
Speaker 3: It was a.
Speaker 1: Draw Saturday night. Great squabble, man, it was a great fight. I mean, like, you know, we were watching the fight and I was in the group chat. I'm like, yo, they either gonna call it a draw. It was gonna be a real close decision for Roach. Yeah, but ended up being a draw, which I think was the right call.
Speaker 3: I think a drew was the right call.
Speaker 4: Only think I just didn't like is once you need that is a that is a down right that should have.
Speaker 5: Been Yeah, I didn't think it was a drawing. Again, I'm not like the business. I don't know all the technical stuff, but I didn't think I thought that Lamont Roach won.
Speaker 3: Roach was the busiest fighter, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He threw one hundred and twelve total punches, one hundred and twelve total punches landed, and David I think take was like one hundred and three or something like that. But Roach was just the busier fighter. Tank landed more power punches. Roach landed more jabs, more total punches. It was just a good squabble, man.
Speaker 3: It's a good fight. That should have been calendars. The knockdown, you taking kne in the middle of a foot I think so.
Speaker 4: I would love to see him running back quickly, sooner than later. But anyway, good morning, I know.
Speaker 3: He says not gonna have he said. I guess he got another fight planned. What's up Morgan?
Speaker 9: Good morning, DJ, and Vy Charlemagne, Na God and Laura Larossa.
Speaker 6: Have you Monday?
Speaker 9: How y'all feeling all right?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 9: Well, speaking of fights, did y'all see what happened on Friday? We wasn't talking about the bout. But President Trump, he says, his meeting with Ukrainian President Zelensky. It did not go well. So the two had a heated exchange during a meeting in the Oval Office on Friday. Trump told Zelensky he is in no position to negotiate with Russia, adding that without the US, you don't have the cards now. Trump told Zelensky to make a deal or we're out. Let's take a listen to that exchange between President Trump. You can't Ukrainian President Zelensky and Vice President Jade Vance was also there, but I'll get into his comments in a second.
Speaker 6: From the word beginning of the war, not in a good position.
Speaker 10: You don't have the cards right now with US. You start having card right now.
Speaker 3: Players.
Speaker 10: You're gambling with lives, millions of people. You're gambling with world War three. You're gambling with World War three. And what you're doing is very disrespectful to the country.
Speaker 11: This country.
Speaker 10: It's back to you, far more than a lot of people.
Speaker 11: Said they should have.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 9: Vice President Jade Vance also entered the chat and told Zelenski to use his manners, saying that he hasn't been grateful for the aid that his country has received from the US. Let's hear those comments from jade Vance. Vice President Jady Vance, Have.
Speaker 6: You said thank you once this entire meeting, No, in this entire media you said thank you.
Speaker 4: You went to Pennsylvania and campaigned for the opposition in October.
Speaker 3: Offer some words of.
Speaker 4: Appreciation for the United States of America and the president who's trying to save your country.
Speaker 11: Please, yes, you're seeing that if you will speak very loudly about the war.
Speaker 3: He's not speaking loudly.
Speaker 11: He's not speaking loudly.
Speaker 3: Your country in big trouble.
Speaker 11: He've done a lot of talking.
Speaker 9: What do you guys think about that exchange. I'm sure you saw the video.
Speaker 1: What I didn't understand is they was talking to Zilinsky like he invaded Russia and not the other way around. Like I literally for a second forgot who started all this. Like they spoke to Zlensky the way they should be speaking to the Putin.
Speaker 3: But Putin is their guy. So you know, I guess they're riding with their home.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they spoke to him like he was a child. They didn't speak to him like he was a president. They spoke to him like he was beneath them. It just sounded crazy to see somebody and you didn't even say thank you when to walk in office. They didn't even let that man speak, They didn't even let him have a conversation. I thought it was totally disrespectful to talk to another president like that. I think that one day. I don't think it should be filmed. I think they should have did that behind the doors where they were able to squash out and get everything out on the table.
Speaker 3: I just thought that was really disrespectful.
Speaker 9: So Zelensky ended up leaving the White House in a hurry without signing that planned minerals deal, you know for the rare earths.
Speaker 3: I thought they uncle filled them. I thought they uncle field. Yeah, they kicked up.
Speaker 9: They kicked him out to an extent, but he did he supposedly Zelensky was interested in coming back to try to, you know, do the deal, to which Trump was like, Nah, you can't come back, na son. Zelenski has since released a statement on social media thanking America. He did you know issue his his thanks and his gratitude, express his gratitude for the visit. And of course last week marks three years since that full scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. So uh, I'll keep you posted in the next hour as to what some of the other leaders around the world are saying about this and what we need to do probably moving forward, And then I will also get into the comments, those post fight comments from Tank Davis and Lamar Roge.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you. That is front page News.
Speaker 4: Everybody else, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent, callt phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 3: Is the Breakfast Club Morning, the Breakfast Club? Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 11: Eight hundred five one.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Reckless Club. Hello. What was this?
Speaker 13: Nicole?
Speaker 3: Hey Nicole?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 8: Where you calling from?
Speaker 13: Good one of DJ if I'm calling from Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 3: Hey, how you feeling this morning?
Speaker 1: Send me good?
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Oh I want to say good one is suggestion shot the man, are they there?
Speaker 3: Peace? How are you just not here? But I'm here? How you going?
Speaker 13: I'm good, Sharla, man, I'm good. I want to give my codgars to an age of soul. That was just so terrible to hear. And I actually lived in the area, so the hospitals and everything was flood and everybody was trying to go to them, and it's just such a sad situation. And I hate to hear at list of spirits and theories. I feel like, when it's your time, it's your time. That's a very dangerous and rugged, dark highway that they were on, and at that time of morning, those cycle things can happen. It's a lot of eighteen Willis and I area. You know, Alabama's small, so I could totally understand the accident. And I just had a cousin who actually lost her mate in an excident the same way.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's horrible, man.
Speaker 1: I mean car accidents when you they're the worse because, like when you hear somebody die like health issues, you kind of like, okay, they had health issues, but when it's a car accident, you feel like you know their time got cut short.
Speaker 3: But like you said, man, when it's your time, it's your time.
Speaker 13: He is exactly when it's your time, is your time. And she was actually coming from a Monograd VM mobile and I had a friend who was there as well, so it was just all drastic to hear. And I personally just love the song because I'm like you, shutter man, I love girlfriends, you know, every time out here girl friends? I think easy.
Speaker 3: That's right, she did the theme song for girlfriends. But thank you, Why a King?
Speaker 8: I have a good day, Yeah, a great morning.
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this yo?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Good morning, dj NB, Charlottage and guard This is coach Davis. How you are doing?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Coach Davis? How you Good morning man?
Speaker 2: It's just been a minute. I talked to y'all, gentlemen. But listen, I like to talk about President slynsky Man and in forty seven and his part but that he had next to him. You know, I'm fifty one years old, right, I've seen a lot of presidential meetings in the oval, you know that they they put on the news. I've never in my life seen a vice president in a meeting when we had two world leaders going on, right, and they talked to that man like he was a kindergarten, which was crazy to me. But you know, there's a saying that kings talk to kings and just a standing place, and JD. Vans is thegester that needed to stay in his place accident telling this man he should apologize about or be thankful. The nervous is fool.
Speaker 3: But you know what I what I caught President Trump.
Speaker 2: I hate to call his name, but he said in that meeting, this would make for great teaving and that's what he wants. He wants chieving. He's not a president.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't know how these voted a man, but you know what, they're gonna f around and find out.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right, he is the president. He also was the executive producer of Celebrity Apprentice. But you know, it is interesting with JD. Vance because I I was sitting back thinking like, damn, I ain't even seen JD.
Speaker 3: Van since they've been in office.
Speaker 4: But I don't even seen that at the cabin of meeting and the cabin meeting, I don't even see you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he was there, but I just haven't seen him. This is the first time I can even remember Harry I don't.
Speaker 5: Know where you be at.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Right right, ray yo, Charlae man, Damfy, what up are we lost?
Speaker 3: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 13: I got an indoor pool out.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 15: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: We lie, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: So I'm super excited.
Speaker 14: I want to get a start out to you all. I listened to you well every morning. I am a super driver from Brooklyn, New York, and I do mobile notary on the side. So I just wanted to say good morning, and I wanted to get with my past.
Speaker 16: How much they taxed in New York City.
Speaker 14: I just woke up yesterday morning and he freaking cold my car and they're starting to talk to me like eight hundred dollars just to get my car back. And it's quite completely ridiculous because they charged you to They charge you a total seed, they chart you a service feat even when they're cold, and it's just ridiculous, and it's so sad because you know, we really out here trying to make envy, and they just find me just to practice and tractics and tractics to everything. So they tell no car because I have to renew my registration. Yeah, so exactly, And they just say, I woke up yesterday morning, I tucked my airpag and my car was going so.
Speaker 3: Straighttion what seventy dollars seventy one dollars something like that.
Speaker 7: Fifty dollars.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's And.
Speaker 14: Then also it also depends on how long it has been it's gyre for, but they usually give you up to years to renew it. But I just wasn't expecting them to, like, you know, just up until the car over there, like that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 8: So now you got to pay eight hundred fifty dollars for a fifty dollars.
Speaker 16: Registration, yes, and then charge you every day for storage exactly.
Speaker 14: So I didn't want to say if I could tell my task doubs out there, because like it's really hard.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, mama, my cask at is s h a y aa ja yy. If anyone wants to help me because I'm really out here trying, and you.
Speaker 14: Know, I have a lot of dihod it's like a pty hard time to say.
Speaker 3: I'll go out here all right in Mama, good luck, thank you.
Speaker 13: Oh, and I want to say how to travel.
Speaker 14: I'm listen see you guys every morning and try to have you crack it out ready to code to pp guys, So keep it up, and I love people, and have a great day.
Speaker 13: Peace, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this Dve?
Speaker 12: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Envy?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 7: Get it off your chesty?
Speaker 12: Hey, I just want to say good morning to the breakfast club. I listen to y'all every morning. Laura love Elsie, you'd be killing it, Charlie May and I.
Speaker 7: Love you, Vy, I love you.
Speaker 17: I just want to comment on the front page.
Speaker 12: You know there's news about where's.
Speaker 17: The Linsky and Trump and everything. It's forty five minutes worth a conversation. And actually Trum was very.
Speaker 12: Nice and very quiet for a lot of the time.
Speaker 17: Until Lensky threatened us, and stead, we ain't gonna feel it now, but you'll feel it later because we got this beautiful ocean that's protecting us. And then that's when Trump went off. So I just want y'all to I love y'all, and I agree and disagree with everything you got.
Speaker 12: Mean, people have the right to agree and disagree on everything. But if you're gonna get the news, get the whole story and not just And I.
Speaker 17: Know we don't have necessarily time for it.
Speaker 12: But we always focus he in on the negative, and it's always like an attack. It's like, stand up for America because this is where we are.
Speaker 17: If people don't like where America, love America as a country and that's.
Speaker 12: Where they're born and where their roots are, people can leave. I don't want that.
Speaker 13: Nobody wants that stand for America.
Speaker 1: Don't you think the representation of America matters though? Especially you know when imagine, Oh.
Speaker 12: I agree Charla Maye one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you was an American ally and you saw that, could you trust America at this point?
Speaker 3: Would you trust what?
Speaker 12: I trust America for walking us into a war that they couldn't win. That is horrible.
Speaker 17: People lives are being large and it's like that's more important than anything than land.
Speaker 12: You can't replace lives, and people are going in on him. So I want people to stop being King.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that's the reason people are going in on him. I think we all want the war to be be stopped, but we also have remember who started the war?
Speaker 3: You do know Russia started the war?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, Russian started the war. But who provoked the war?
Speaker 13: Let's keep going back to where did all of that?
Speaker 12: It was a cold war before there was actually a war.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what you're talking about anymore, Okay, I just don't. I'm not well. Thank you for checking in, and thank you for listening. I love y'all, though I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not I can't do it. I'm not going to have a conversation with somebody if I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. We got the mess coming up, we do.
Speaker 5: We are gonna, you know, take some time to send some love to the family of Angie Stone who passed away over the weekend, and just you know, talk through just some of her big moments and things to remember. Charves some love.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning, everybody is j n V.
Speaker 4: Jess, Hilarias Charlamagne, the God. We are the breakfast club Law and the Roads a filling in for Jess. Let's get to the mess.
Speaker 3: Worldwide management.
Speaker 1: On the breakfast clubs, the coach with Lauren Rosa and I got the men Tom.
Speaker 5: So we do want to take the time to send a rest in peace to miss Angie Stone.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: That is a crazy like that this weekend when that happened, this really really really caught me off guard. Grammy nominated and Soul Train Award winning singer, songwriter, actress, producer. Mother just a trailblazer and everything that she did, one of the pioneers of female rap. And so let's let's first talk about like what happened. So over the weekend things started circulating online because her I believe it was her daughter had posted like my mother is gone. So people are like, wait, what's happening right now? Then there have been some conversation about a possible car accident. When I got the call, I reached out to her publicist. Her name is Miss Debora Champagne. She's been a publicist and a friend for or fourteen years to Angie Stone who then you know, confirmed to me that Angie Stone had passed away in a tragic car accident. It was actually a sprinter that she was in. She was one of nine people in a sprinter in Alabama. They were traveling from a show that she had done in Alabama to Baltimore, CI double a weekend because she had some stuff that she was going to do there as well. And she was the only person as of now, she was the only person in this sprinter that passed away.
Speaker 3: And how many people were in?
Speaker 5: Nine people?
Speaker 3: Wow? Tragic man, Yeah, nine people.
Speaker 5: And now when I talked to Miss Deborah, of course, it was very emotional for her. And what she told me was that, you know, she had just talked to Angie Stone the night prior, right before Angie Stone was about to go on stage. She says she talked to her around like a little bit after eight or nine o'clock, and Angie had told her, you know, I'm about to go on stage. I got to call you back, but I'll see you tomorrow on Baltimore. She was literally getting her rep was literally getting ready to head to Baltimore to meet Angie and then got her phone started ringing crazy. So she was in tears when she was talking to me, and she just she wanted to make sure that we took the time to, you know, just go through all of her career accolades and just the light on the world the way that Angie Stone would want to. She said, specifically said to me, the Breakfast Club does a great job of what they do, so we can call her for anything when it comes to this, So let's take the time to do that.
Speaker 3: So well, you can't do it in ten minutes.
Speaker 5: I can't do it in ten minutes. But I'm gonna try to do her career spend across so much, but I'm gonna try to do the best that i can. Right now, I'm not to.
Speaker 4: Cut you off, just telling people that we are gonna be playing her interview that we did with her in twenty nineteen when she came up.
Speaker 3: Here and she broke down a lot of her history. We're gonna be playing with a lot of her history. I watched it.
Speaker 1: I rewatched it this weekend, you know, just because and literally, like she talks about wanting to do a movie about her life, and the documentary and there was a lot of things she didn't even want to fully get into it because she was.
Speaker 3: Like, this is gonna be for the movie. It's gonna be for the movie. Yeah, yep, so we're gonna do that in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 5: Got You And I did look up that what she was talking about. God Batch that interview too, it says that it was still in development. So I'm gonna try and figure out like where that left off to and see if there's anything that we could talk about there eventually. But yeah, so Angie Stone She was born in Columbia, South Carolina, Carolina, and she was on three nominated for three Grammys. She won two Soul Train Awards. Like I mentioned, one of the pioneers of female raps. She started her career in the hip hop group The Sequence in the seventies with the song Funk You Up, where she was angieb on that.
Speaker 1: Record, her first female hip hop group of all time, first female hip hop group to go gold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think a lot when I watched the interview, I was like, oh shoot, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. During interview, I was proud.
Speaker 5: Yep you were. She leaves behind, and she soon leaves behind her two children, Diamond and Michael Diamonds her daughter and the mother of her two grandchildren, and then Michael is her son. Now her songs. Let's get into her catalog again. We can't do everything, but if we're talking catalog, there are so many big songs that she had No More Rain, which was off of her debut album Black Diamond in nineteen ninety nine. This album with Gold as well to Wish I Didn't Miss You, my favorite one from her second album, A Hogginy Soul. She has a brother. She also is the voice of The Girlfriend's theme song, which I watched a lot of people learn in real time over this weekend as well too, God, which is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew, but I forget I'm old.
Speaker 1: I knew that the Girlfriend's fanatic and Angie's from Columbia, South Carolina, so I'm not knocking anybody who didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a lot of people who didn't know. I think because I because I'm into the interview exactly. I mean, he's a big fan of the show as well too. But she talked about it all the time, and I remember watching interview where she talked about they literally told her when they didn't play her rift the ratings on the show would go down for that episode. So whenever they did play the Rift, they called it the good Luck Tron for their Girlfriends show. So she's talked about that as well. So, yeah, I just wanted to take that time, and we do have some of her music that, you know, I want to make sure that we get to.
Speaker 1: Playgic Man Tragic Tragedy Tragedy Records's so tragic. God blessed the soul of Angie Stone. It's just to remind that when it's your time, is your time, Because you know, you're in a vehicle, would you say with eight other people, Yeah, and you're the only one who passed, you can't question God when it's your time. You know, literally, you can be here with somebody today and they're gone to marrows and don't take anybody or any moment for granted at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God bless her family. Man.
Speaker 5: She was sixty three years old. I'm not for sure if I said that at the beginning, but I wanted to make sure I said that as well.
Speaker 1: To imagine how all the folks that was in the vehicle with her feel. Yeah, Jesus Christ, you know what I'm saying. You You you're grateful that your life was your life was fed, but then you grieving because your Angie's gone.
Speaker 3: My God, man, God, bless the soul Angie Stone. Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sending some prayers for the other people that were in that vehicle because that the accident looked pretty horrible.
Speaker 3: So looked crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hip O pioneered, Neo Soul Pioneer R and b Icon South Carolina Legend, dropping the Clues bonds fang Stone. Absolutely, all right, Well that is the mess in at eight am, we will be playing back our conversation that we had with Angie Stone in two thousand and nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: Some people are just like fairy tales. I feel like she's one of them. It's really crazy to be saying rip to you know, even though she's lived a very full life. It's just I still am like, that's so crazy.
Speaker 8: He's still young though, yeah, sixty three is young.
Speaker 5: But it's just like you don't. I would never I thought it was a lie. I just knew this was like something Twitter created until I.
Speaker 1: Call because any type of accident is always so abrupt, you know what I mean. And I'm not saying like when you when you die of health issues. It can be abrupt too. But like you know when you feel when you hear like a car accident.
Speaker 3: You know, nothing was planned.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, it just it just feels like it just it just feels like things were cut short.
Speaker 3: But no, when it's your time, it's your time, all.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, when we come back, we got front page news. It don't go anywhere. And again we're gonna be replaying out Angie Stone interview from twenty nineteen and.
Speaker 3: Eight o'clock hours, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's j Envy, Jess, Hilarrys, Charlamagne, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Long the roaster fillling and just let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Now over we get in. The fight. Javonte Davis, Lamart Roach Junior ended in a draw.
Speaker 1: Good squabble. I mean, I think I think draw was the right call.
Speaker 12: Think.
Speaker 1: So you know, when immediately when the fight was over, you know, I was thinking to myself, Okay, they're either gonna call it a draw or it's gonna be a split decision that leans towards Roach. So you know, when they called draw, I thought that was the right call even though they should have counted Tank taking that knee as a knockdown.
Speaker 3: They do that Roach was to fight. Yeah, he definitely went to fight.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm a casual boxer fan, like I'm not a box of box of boxer fan, but when I seen it, I thought that, you know, when you take a knee, that's a knockdown.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent of the knockdown. It should have been counted. Can't call a time out.
Speaker 1: He actually could have the actually could have called the fight because if you take a knee and then you run to your corner like that, yeah, that's like quittick.
Speaker 3: Most people thought.
Speaker 5: That that was what was going to happen after like when he went to the corner that I thought it was over.
Speaker 4: Too well, he did say that there was he got his hair braided and the grease was in his eye and day he wanted to wipe that out of his eye.
Speaker 1: There was a lack of focus from Tank the whole fight that I saw though, even when he was chatting with the.
Speaker 3: Referee and everything like, like it was just I don't know, he didn't look he didn't look like himself.
Speaker 5: And he already be running to the side looking for his people. But I felt like he's like when he was doing that as well, I'm like, did he is he?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: Did he?
Speaker 5: I think he underestimated it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Man, And I was very impressed at the way Roach was able to take Tank's power. His Tank was laying in some shots and Roach was eating them, like, well, good morning, Morgan.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 9: I'm like, dang, can I get into in this conversation just a little bit? Uh, if for anything, they should bring it back to the d m V. You know what I'm saying. We got MGM, we got convention centers, we got you know what I'm saying. So Barclays was cool but everything. Yeah, So the reigning w n w b A lightweight champion, Davonte Davis and Lamont Roach. They clashed in about ending in a controversial draw and previously mentioned, as you guys talked about controversial, controversial is controversial.
Speaker 5: People are people. There's so many people that are like what happened? People feel like he was.
Speaker 3: Able to get back up, went on, Okay, it was controversial.
Speaker 7: I'm let me get into it.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 9: So as previously mentioned, y'all, y'all talked about the knee that Tank took in the ninth round that was not ruled a knockout by referee Steve Willis. But to your point of MV, let's take a listen to Tank's reason why he took that knee.
Speaker 18: I just got my head done two days ago as picks in my shold was like, you know, like when you sweating things like that and the Greeks come in my face and burt my eyes.
Speaker 7: Sham. Why y'all going like I'm saying, like this is real fast.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, look at my hair. But it's all cool man.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, I get that they love it and then they hate you.
Speaker 1: Excuses like that always sound weak in boxing, you know what I mean, Like, the only excuses that work in boxing is if you actually get hurt, like if your hand gets hurt in the ring or its like like there's an actual injury when you say things like grease.
Speaker 3: Fell in my eye.
Speaker 1: When Deontay Waders said his his his his outfit that he watered the ring was too heavy so his legs were tight like stuff like that.
Speaker 3: He signed.
Speaker 4: But I will say this though he didn't. He wasn't fazed. It's not like he ran to the corner to get some extra help. He looked, fine, you.
Speaker 5: Feel like a little bit a little bit in that fight, he gave a little bit of daze, a little bit like he was a little shake it a little.
Speaker 3: Bit after that point, not when he took that back.
Speaker 5: Also to the Hairstyles said that that's not what happen. But she did his hair Wednesday and she posted that he's done so much substance Winday Wednesday. She said the grease in question, it literally says no grease, no alcohol, no flicking, no wax.
Speaker 1: So something happened, like I don't know how hard that point was Roach hit him with.
Speaker 3: It didn't seem like it was that hard, but it did something.
Speaker 9: Well, let's hear from Lamont Roach. He also spoke after the fight saying he put belt to butt. Let's hear those comments from Lamont Roach.
Speaker 3: I'm him. I'm telling you that I'm one of the best.
Speaker 5: Fighters in the world man, and I showed it.
Speaker 3: I don't he probably wasn't walling when he said that grease got in his eye.
Speaker 19: But if you voluntaried to take a knee and the rep start count, it should be a knockdown. Like that's a knockdown I win to fight show I mean, it is what it is. I'm not banking on that knockdown to win. I just you know, just I just thought I pulled it out one of them's nush.
Speaker 3: I want to hurn it back for show me.
Speaker 9: So as a fight. As a result of this fight, now Tank's record is no longer perfect. It was the thirty and oh but now he has that one draw and but at least he get to hold on to his title. So to youall guys pointing to the point of the fighters, they want to run it back and we'll see what happens again. And I'm sure it'll be highly highly anticipated. If it's not going to be in the D and V, I gotta be in Vegas.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: But speaking of fights, let's get back on the top of Zelensky and Trump. European leaders are pledging billions in support to Ukraine following the emergency summit in London on Sunday. Now, British Prime Minister Kure stammer He said UK France and others will work to figure out a plan to stop the fighting and present it to President Trump. He also rejected a suggestion by a reporter that the US is not a reliable ally after President Trump's heated exchange with Ukrainian President Zelensky in the OVA Office. So let's hear more from UK print Prime Minister kure Stammer.
Speaker 20: Together with others, Europe must do the heavy listing. But to support peace in our continent and to succeed, this effort must have strong US backing. Nobody wanted to see what happened last Friday, but I do not accept that the US is an unre reliable ally. The US has been a reliable ally to the UK for many, many decades and continues to be That's good.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: He still has faith in the US to be a good ally because you know, I can see you know, people all over the country, I mean people all over the world, you know, stocking up on nuclear weapons. I'm creating, you know, new nuclear weapons just because they may not feel safety, may not feel like the US is a reliable ally.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad that they still do well.
Speaker 9: South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham he also entered the chatting, you know, there's a lot of reaction to all of this. He said that a message was sent and he's proud of how the President handled it. Meanwhile, Arizona Democratic Senator Mark Kelly he said this is not good and said the exchange was performative. Let's hear the comments from them.
Speaker 1: I've never been more proud of President Trump for showing the American people in the world, you don't trifle with this man, you know.
Speaker 3: Saying thank you in the Oval Office, being put on a spot like that is you know.
Speaker 21: It seemed to me that it was just you know, JD Van saying, hey, look what I can do.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 9: Well, look, you guys, it's a lot going on, so let me just try to wrap this thing up with a bow. There's other news going on in South Carolina. The state is currently under a state of emergency as wildfires ravage the state Governor Henry McMaster. He made the declaration on Sunday as one of the largest fires threatens residents in the Myrtle Beach area. Now, the fire in the Carolina Forest has burned over one thousand acres and is zero percent contained as of last check. Meanwhile, the North Carolina Fire Services wildfire in Polk County has destroyed at least four hundred acres and it's also zero percent contained. As of last check up, more than one hundred and seventy wildfires have erupted across both states, blackening a combined forty two hundred acres, enforcing mass evacuations. It's crazy because usually, you know, South Carolina, North Carolina doesn't deal with these type of situations. We were just seeming to wrap up what was going on, the devastating wildfires that impacted LA. So do you guys have any thoughts on this? Charlettne I know that's where you're.
Speaker 1: From, and I've never heard of South Carolina wildfires in my life, but you know, definitely send in PRIs and positive energy out everybody in real buchhit that have to deal with that at this moment.
Speaker 9: Absolutely all right, you guys, There's so much more to talk about, but at the end of the day, the day gone, and that's your front faced news. I'm Morgan. Would follow me at Morgan Media for more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us FBI in news dot com. Let's make it a great week, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Thank you, Morgan, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Now when we come back, Rizza will be joining us, of course, Riza for Wu Tang They're going on the Final Tour Wu Tang Forever, the Final Chapter. Tickets are on sale right now and we're gonna talk to Rizin when we come back.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamage, the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, the legend Rizza. He's welcome Bong back in the building.
Speaker 4: How you feeling, brother, I feel super good. Yeah, yeah, everything is lovely. I see you guys are back on tour.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, Nu Tang Clan. The Final Chamber. How difficult was that to put together? Not as difficult as it used to be, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But now this is our last chance to run around the globe together, and uh, it kind of was. Everybody you know, agreed that it was the time we start thinking of a name. Everybody's like this one that that, that that the Final Chamber and with that we are Why the Final Chamber though, like, how do you know you're putting the period on this?
Speaker 3: Is it just for the tour just Wu Tang in general?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, for the I mean Wu Tangs's why that's why we see that we put that Wu Tang forever in there, because it's you know, who Tank is beyond just our physical presence of it, you know what I mean. But as far as us coming together and coming to your city, all non members on stage, you know.
Speaker 11: What I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, when you get your ticket, you're getting all You're getting that, you know what I mean, because sometimes you go to a Woo show you might get four five, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So this is like now here we all are clear your schedule for this, you.
Speaker 11: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And this running around the globe one more time together. So we'll start right here in America, you know, then shoot across the water, you know what I mean, show some love and just kind of the best way I can say it is take off that it's kind of a burden to all come together because everybody got a.
Speaker 3: Life, a job, or something going on in their lives.
Speaker 1: And so what we said when that that sign go up, we all come and the sign went up, and everybody said, did the Residency make it easier for everybody to say, Yo, we can do this the residency health But even at the Residency, we have some absentees, you know what I mean, But it really helped because it really helped just that consistency of coming together, the consistency of our brotherhood, our brotherhood really never never diminished over the years. And I think for Wu Tang we represent community unity.
Speaker 3: You know, so many of us was inspired by Ya. The wo is like your whole neighborhood.
Speaker 1: On stage, you know what I mean. And I think that we could use that right now. I think you know what I mean, Like even autistically for the culture, we could come in and look at the example of the wool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the time is now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I've seen in an interview that you said you went to each member and said what do you want to be on this tour? What do you need? And you was able to give everybody that. How difficult was that? And was there anybody that you couldn't give what they wanted?
Speaker 1: Now, at the end of the day, you know, you gotta be satisfied, right, So we know we do with mathematics, right, and we know that when there's dissatisfaction, it breeds confusion, right. They say, you know, even with seventy percent of the people were satisfied, the other thirty percent was dissatisfied, and that other thirty percent winning started their own. Now you got competition, so you got to strive to resatisfaction. And satisfaction is when someone can say yo for me. You know, I don't care if it's just like yo. I just don't want bananas every night, my and my dressing. That's what he wants, you know what I mean. It's a commodate that it's accommodate the comfortability because I know I see it different, My brother de Vine see it different. Our whole management team, we know that when you all going out on the road, you leave in your family, you know what I mean, You're leaving with you your routine of life, and so we want to make you as comfortable as possible. So this becomes a moment of joy versus a moment of work. Are you confident that every single member he's gonna show up for the show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm confident for confidence sake, and I mean, of course I'm confident.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. But you know this, this is life, you know what I mean. You make a wrong turn on the ninety five.
Speaker 3: Ended up in a small town for the night, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But nah, I mean far as the intention, it's all about intention and then and the intention.
Speaker 3: Everybody is intending to be here. So if there's the glitch in the matrix, you know, we're deal with it right and then and there's an album to come with this too.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I mean a lot of Mathematics has a new album that he's he put together called Black sandsum Uh. He got a new song called Mandingo. He took all like the Black Exploitation and Kung Fu movies and did an album and got the entire Wu Tang clan MC's on it, got Benny the Butcher, cool g just one of those a lot of Mathematics albums. It's that's dope and he so that's ironically it's coming out around the same time. But it wasn't like a strategy plan. It was just like he finished it at the time when the when the when the tour is about to happen. So that's a blessing for him. And then I did hear I could say this on the air. I did hear some of Ray Kwan's new album too.
Speaker 4: He's yeah, yeah, yeah, one of those Yeah, I'm excited to hear with little Man, so hopefully he gets that out before the.
Speaker 3: Tour drops and bunk bong. Are you involved? A rag album?
Speaker 1: Just you know from the abbot, you know what I mean, it comes to the temple and see if the abbot you know, wanted to add some flavor to it or get some wisdom or advice, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But he's the foundation of it.
Speaker 1: He came to me right for during the holidays when he felt like he had a nice.
Speaker 3: I just call it a body of work, your body of work. I was gonna call it doe like piece of dope. Gona mold that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and we vibed out listen to it twice and then say oh yeah I had some vision and get shared my vision.
Speaker 3: But you know that's just it's him doing it.
Speaker 1: Ray Quon is always you know, he's a general always you know, know how to lead hisself. But then it also as a general, you know, as wise as the check in with the abbot and be like, yo, your abbot, what's your what's your two cents on this?
Speaker 4: Who was the most difficult to get to do this? And not because of them being different but maybe because of scheduling. Right, you got Meth that's acting, you're acting and producing. You got Ray Corn that owns a bunch of businesses, and these brothers leaving their families.
Speaker 8: Who was the most difficult to get? It was like this is gonna be a little tough.
Speaker 1: You know, I won't say difficult, but you know who does the most shows out of all of us? Who's no THEI were listen to Jigus. He's like a jazz musician.
Speaker 21: Yo.
Speaker 1: It's like you call him yo, want to do the resident Say, oh, I got forty shows I'm going to Europe or Yo, I'm going to twenty shows in Canada.
Speaker 3: Wow, he just I mean he stays that Liquid Sward album arguably one of the best hip hop albums of all time. It's just go go.
Speaker 1: So you got to check his schedule because he definitely is knocking a hundred one hundred fifty shows out a year, and so we actually have to pace and wait from it. And I personally had to wait for Tool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll get him a calls like like, I your scheduled for this year? Like you know what I mean? He's like, I'm good, all right.
Speaker 1: I didn't I need this much time right here and Bunk Bunk yeah as well.
Speaker 3: I want to get back to the top.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about Liquid Source since we were on it, because we was having a whole debate last night in the group chat just about Wu Tang songs Wu Tang music because you know, my guy beat Up put out a top ten creators Wu Tang Records and on Liquid Swords Cold World, it goes co World Labels Fourth Chamber in the shadow boxing, that's probably one of the greatest sequences on an album.
Speaker 3: Do you do you remember arranging that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, definitely that was my That's one of my specialties. I think, not knowing then right, the natural ability of editing or having a through line of storytelling. But it has always been my personality and at that time it was only expressed music. Now it was being expressed and I direct films and TV shows and all that, but it was it was it was the same type of energy, like I could feel the way it go. I could feel when the listener is listening, it's like, oh yo, I want your emotion to rise up, get them up. By the time you got the Fourth Chamber, you you're driving. You might get a ticket. You know what I mean, And I wanted you know, you know you feel that right here. Yeah, I always strive to get that feeling to have your spine for that, I said the lyrics. I said, walk to the wooden Soldiers, see cycle Punk shod a hold us a thousand in Washing. I want to hold to the square. We stand through like flair, escape from the Dragon's lair. In particular, my beats travel like a vortex off your spine to the top of your room.
Speaker 3: Cold. That's that's my that's my goal. It's hit you, bam and I'm good.
Speaker 4: How we got more with Rizza when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's DNJ M V Jesse, Larry Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club Lord the roster, filling in for Jess. And we're still kicking it with Riza. The Final Tour, the Final Wu Tang Forever Tour, the Final Chapter take it to on sale right now, and we're still kicking it with Riza.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: What do I time You're listening to your verse on Fourth Chamber because it's so relevant to today. That's why I mean nah, I mean I've been I'm back into the study of what of everything over?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You know this tour, folks, So we got special guests run the during the Jews, and so it's like, this is gonna be a lyrical tour, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be one of those tours that you know, you're gonna get your sweat off, guarantee, you're gonna get your jumps, you're gonna get your your classics. But it's gonna be those moments you're gonna be like I needed that, you know what I mean, because no words in the beginning was the word, and the world became flesh. And so those words are healing. You know, we needed. I had something I was gonna say to y'all this morning. A law segregation and discrimination is a sickness to any nation. When you deny a portion of the population the chance to experience the elevation, it will only lead to the decimation of your system and the next generation will pay.
Speaker 3: For the mistake.
Speaker 1: That will result in economic inflation. Ghetto living, and it's in black Latinos and European immigrants stuffed inside housing tenements, low income recipients.
Speaker 3: They gotta choose between the food or the rent.
Speaker 1: Neighborhoods are cramped like pow camps and X mark the spot where the incitious policies will stamp bad health, increase in bad pas leasing, and it's gentrification that Michael then Brad is leasing. At night, they feel fright from the dimly lit street lights. My man, gee, he could beef and fight, but he couldn't eat right. Loud sounds echoing gunshots. He couldn't sleep right.
Speaker 3: Wild?
Speaker 1: What the life when your life ain't worried for loaf of bread or a box of white rice. Yeah, blessed be the meek. It's attorney of the cheek. But j Bonde just knocked them out with a sneaky right and put them off his feet. It could come last, It could come fast. In the blast knock your senses back to the past. It's like old popping sounds, a big brass section you hear from old jazz. Me I stick to a piano key, speak from a low a minor to a soprano.
Speaker 3: E B o b. It's the abadem c oh you're getting back in the booth. Didn't because it sounds like you you ready, It ain't you know, whether it's in the booth or not.
Speaker 1: This tour, like I said, this is like this is that moment for the wool, that w that wisdom that you that unpredictability, like let's let's get that back into the system.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: I honestly feel that Woo is like a part of hip hop culture that's eat it, you know what I mean. And whether we could be the ones that continue to physically do it, or some young brothers are listening, they pick it up and they come and bring that wave. There's some young brothers I know, Coach Contract. I've been seeing them. Yeah, you know what I mean, good flows, good style, good everything. They once they started injecting a little more wisdom into that. You know, hip hop needs that.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It ain't all just about all our money, guns and sects and drugs, you know what I mean. That's a portion of it, but it's not the it's not all of it. I saw you say something recently when you said the Hot ninety seven banding Wutang's music contributed to I guess not just the decline of the group, but just the decline of York sound and everything. I mean, you know, we could date that, you know what I mean, we could look at it and see it happening. Because when you're dealing with business, like all of us, you know, we we got jobs, right, and so we got to come in and do our job. But the dude say, they're paint it blue, and you the painter, you got paint it blue, right, even though you know, like, man, this blue was gonna really turn everybody away, or it's really the paint got left in it or whatever, you still got to stick to the job. And I think like at that time and even maybe and people were scared to fight for each other, you know what I mean, And that's been one of our issues.
Speaker 3: I think as our culture.
Speaker 1: There was a point when the culture, because of money we did, started accepting each other. I remember when when like Master peeing them would come to New York and we accepted that, you know what I mean, when Dre and Snoop and Ice Cube, we accepted it. You know, first we accept it from the music, right and be that's private. But then when the money, when somebody's blowing money, then you accept it because of the money. And so now you're admire them because of his money, but not because of his skill because of the culture, you know what I mean. So when that starts happening, it's almost like you're diminishing the culture because of the money. So, yeah, a dude could make a hit at the end of the day, we talk about hip hop hits. Hammer Hammer had hits, baby, Okay, he was he was going diamond and people.
Speaker 3: Didn't accept that as hip hop for some reason back then.
Speaker 1: Even roast than that, right, And I know I was pretty hard on him on myself, So I'm not like I wasn't, you know, because I was on some more, right, But we don't even get him his accolades.
Speaker 3: So he opened the door at the end of the day. Commercials, we did all that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, you know, Pete. See, that's why I say a law is motionerful he takes a floor. Let me give you a quick metaphor. I want to go too deep, but let's look at two of our greatest, our greatest artists. Right fifty cents and I'm gonna say yay, both caught a floor in their jaw, right, one from a car, someone from a tragic street incident. But both now develop a tone that attracts the world. So from a floor and the jaw a loah blessed them. More like it's like it's like, nah, now you come back, and it's like this whole swag's whole, everything is. It's sharpened without even knowing, so hip hop itself. They say the DJ, the dude was like he said he was in his crib, one of the old DJ's right, he's in the crib and his mom's coming and he holds the record h and she's like, you know, turn it down, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: He's like.
Speaker 11: Holding it now.
Speaker 3: The scratch is invented, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: A flaw?
Speaker 3: You ever had one of those?
Speaker 1: So many to be quite frank, it's just like sometimes you could go to your to your to your beat machine and it's just glitches out, you know what I mean. I feel like method man. The original drum where it happened was almost like.
Speaker 3: A glitch out.
Speaker 11: But I liked it.
Speaker 1: Then I just immolated it. I immolated the mistake. I think, no, not that, the but the pact, the pat like that's the that's the bounce of it. So then so when a guy like him got the gout there on the mic, he he saw riding his riding his horse, you know what I mean. But there's others that it just happens like that. You know when it will flow. I mean even if you think about shame, right, I mean, Dirty came in late to the studio, but he did that verse right one take and things like shame.
Speaker 19: That was like.
Speaker 3: He just I said no, no, no, no, go through it. Over said, nah, God, they're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I said, he was right exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean I actually actually I learned from that, like one but one three through that, but it got through all of that. I mean, that's the one thing about Dirty. If you could talk about him for a moment, shout out to y d B. He'll be on the tour with us. He'll be on the son that's his son, his first born son, bar Son. He'll be on the tour doing his father verses for us. He's been doing it for years and he's been doing a great job.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 1: One thing about Dirty, he almost never say the lyric the same way twice. If he did it, should shoot me y'all shoo me yeam, shimy yay. Next time he do it, He's not gonna do it like that. He's almost like a once again. Like a jazz musician, he just goes with the spirit, you know what I mean, And he'll tell he'll he'll say a rhyme that we wrote when we was fourteen years old, and then he was saying it during the WO era and eating what was up because I'll go up the micro now damage you listen to his album. That lyric is on the album twice, yeah, right, because it was more of a performance, more of an energy that he would bring versus just the lyrical content. But he was very special and I think he helped bring freedom the hip hop exquession.
Speaker 4: Do you do you ever remember those records that you lost in the flood? Did you ever get any of that or we're able to produce that over or any of that at all?
Speaker 3: Nothing ever came back like it like it was. Actually, I'm glad you mentioned that. And we're building this time capsule for the tour, and we're going to invite our fans, you know, to come out and somebody will win every night. Where you could take something from your WO nostalgia or your WO history and put it in this time capsule, and we all know we're gonna put it that I may bury it somewhere. I may put it in the museum, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to collect something from every you know, city, from somebody. But the first thing I'm going to put in there, and I'm not I'm kind of telling you that for the first time because I was gonna surprise. I'm gonna take those discs that had inspected Decks album. I'm gonna put it in that time capsule.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And if somebody find it years later and open it up and figure out that, you know, if technology could get all that or whatever is on it, I'm shock.
Speaker 3: You don't have that now. There's no technology that can get that.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 3: It hasn't happened.
Speaker 1: We took that's Matt, you know, they snuck a few out and try to do it, you know what I mean, because uh, it's on floppy this yo.
Speaker 3: M They took it to the NASA people and they get it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I mean, yeah, we got more with Rizzard when we come back to Wu Tang toward the final chapter. Tickets are on sale right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning. Everybody is the j Envy, Jess Hilariy and Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: The rizad is.
Speaker 4: Here now that one album I can't remember his name that the Gentleman bought. Did you ever get that album back? Because I know there was a fight to get it back. Did you ever get it back? Not personally, but it's owned by a group of people called Please to Dial. It continues to increase in value and have his own life. I mean they bought it for like four million. Uh, and now there's people talking about like a whole other thing of what it could be. So it's kind of one of those things to have a life of his own.
Speaker 3: Are we ever going to hear that?
Speaker 8: Or that's part of the deal that they can never play it publicly.
Speaker 1: I'm striving now at this phase since since we're you know, at this age and kind of figure out something.
Speaker 3: I mean, the thing was there. It was like not to be it can't be commercialized, but for eighty eight years, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it can't be sold, it can't be on, can't can't be commercialized streaming service.
Speaker 3: You could give it away.
Speaker 1: I told Missus Scully that in the beginning, I was like, yo, especially, just to give you a little backstory on that, I met him before he became the most evilst man in the world. I remember they had like the most evilst man in the world. So I met him before he became Lex Luthor, you know what I mean up and you know, we sat down and he was telling me, you know, he you know, I'm a wolf fan. I love fifty cent I love hip hop of may Pwon. Some of his lyrics has made me through business things. And he had a whole plan. He was gonna buy this Enigma machine. I don't know if you know what the Enigma machines are. Those are the decoding machines they used to make in World War Two when they had to figure out In fact, it led to the computer. So he wants and all the turning papers. Who was the guy who basically invented the computer? He was he was in the bu album. He was like, I'm gonna get all these things and he's gonna do something. I was said, Okay, what do But he had a plan like whatever he was gonna do, boom And then when he when when negative on him, like maybe a few months later, I saw it on TV. I saw him on the news. I said, I was telling my wife, Yo, that's the guy that'd be selling the album too. He said, I wouldn't sell it to him.
Speaker 3: I said, oh no, it's already like a deal.
Speaker 1: Even though it wasn't the money didn't exchange hands, it was already a deal and was in contract for him. So I was like, nah, I mean I sat down with him. I told him, yes, so now that we it's at the day that he gets it, and you know, he got he got a lot of security and everything, you know, and they kind of has some big dudes with him, and I said, so let me talk to him moment by himself.
Speaker 3: Commit a kid. He's still a kid to me. And so I'm like, yo, listen, if I was you, I was just kidded the way to the world, like do something good because people were saying, like you're bad right now. He was like just smiled at me and would work.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but I think that that would be a beautiful thing if if it was a way to give it or yeah, I just think it'll be nice to share it.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: That did the summer reason these top ten best Wu Tang songs.
Speaker 1: He had number ten with number nine, Win Awards, number eight, Mystery of Chest Boxing, number seven, Reunited, number six, This Yeard number five, Protecting Neck number four? Can it be also simple number three? Ice Cream number two, trime number one Cream We started flaming them in the group check. We just just just not a good list.
Speaker 6: The list.
Speaker 3: But they're like very commercialized that right there. But we're saying impossible is one of those songs that should be on it? What do you think of that list? First of all, well, no, the list is up to the to the list maker, you.
Speaker 11: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But but he gets that list from online. There's people like that going is online. They hit him while he's doing the live things. Just also, that list might be the top ten streamers. At the end of the day, you go and check.
Speaker 4: The top streamers, But those are the cost those are the ones that are casual wolfans, those are the ones that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, those are the ones you better before.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We come make you better, hit us, hit us, and look the beautiful things went towards cap came out of nowhere, right remember that.
Speaker 3: I mean that's some time ago. But once again, talent, nobody knew this.
Speaker 1: Guy, you know what I mean, we knew him, you know what I mean, I knew that y'all He's one of the dopest mcs on it on Staten Island. While we was growing up, me and him always had tapes together, like we had our tapes were circulating before who had tapes. That's why he's like men reservoir name putting in the tablet under vets. We paid our debts for mad years.
Speaker 11: He was like, we was.
Speaker 1: Already having takes. The others was doing the thing. But he comes out of the out of the now and uh you God brings them to the crib and Boomer. I was just happy to see him, you know, because capa Donna is his name at first was original legit, I mean original, right, So I was the original, you know what I mean? And he was like, yeah, you know, his slang is ridiculous. You know, it's like not Donna J Bird. It was that in capp of Donna. And it wasn't no cap of Donna Street on Staten Island yet, like maybe five years later there's like a cap of Donna named after I didn't I didn't know what Cappa Donna was.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite m seeing?
Speaker 1: I mean the gigs is that I argue with people. If you want to argue then especially at that time. If you go and check the Jesus lyrics and his catalog the lyrics, I don't think you're gonna find no other MC. You know that that have given that compared to him lyrically. I mean, I put Jizzer as my favorite MC. And and the way that he approached the mic and the things that he's done. You think about labels back then, well, he's using every label, but he's telling you a cohesive, clear story, you know what I mean, with metaphors and wit and yeah, and then he goes on to do it again with Fame, and then he goes on and do it with Animal Planet. You know when he did it with Animal Planet, which is crazy because he says use all the football teams.
Speaker 3: And with talking about how the jaguarse against the Lions, and I was like, yo, that's like it's just us. He's deep.
Speaker 1: But it might take him like a year to write a Folks, like he won't write it like like Ray Hits, you hit the pin.
Speaker 3: And be done in an hour and fly.
Speaker 1: It's just a it's like he's still working on it, Like he got songs he's still been working on for ten years. Because he won't say it if he done and if he done something quick, he'll do it just because he has to do it. But that's not his best intention as an MC. His intention as an MC is to make it almost biblical or something almost like everything is.
Speaker 3: There's no filler, no words of feeling the ideas.
Speaker 1: You know, man, what's the most underrated Wu Tang song that you think deserves more love? And that when y'all performed on tour, everybody just goes crazy. Well, depending where you're at, right, But I know one Wu Tang song that definitely seemed like I don't think New York has ever even heard it.
Speaker 3: Gravel Pit. Oh of course that was what the video. You drifts, like the flintstones and all that. Yeah, exactly, all the fur coats and all that.
Speaker 1: But man, overseas, you could play it twice in the in the concert, I love it, yeah, But in New York play that, you know what I mean, somebody get mad that come on like goost to Somebody stopped frowning at you, like, yo, God.
Speaker 3: You're math math like doing my verse, whether the video or.
Speaker 1: Just if you know what I think I was reaching. I was like I attempted to make a song in the Reserve way that was like poppy commercial radio.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we never needed that, I know, but I didn't know hi of the backstory of that song real quick. No, that song was meant for Leah.
Speaker 2: So Leah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we was in the studio, you know, we talked about it and I said, I want to have this whole Flinchstone concept and have you dressed up like like Betty Yeah, black pebbles, pebbles, but you know because a lios you know, that's in great shape and all that.
Speaker 3: And I just had this whole plan and she was to be like, yeah, we agreed, and it just.
Speaker 1: Thanks when Yeah, so she was gonna sing over that beat and everything. Wow, and imagine how on it yeah, because there was more dancing and I get what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, we had thank you, appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 4: The tickets are on sale right now for the would run the Jewels tickets, and we appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Riz appreciate you too. It's the Breakfast Club. It's well, let's get to the mess worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club the Coach with Lauren. Lauren and I got the mess talk Tommy.
Speaker 5: Okay, So y'all remember the whole legal back and forth that Drake had happened in Texas with like iHeart, and he was a legend that Universal Music Group was paying money to iHeart over not like a Universal Music Group was paying money to the radio stations on her radio stations over, not like US inbusing boosting the streams. So there have been reports that there was an alleged between Drake and UMG when it came to that whole airplay, radio play not like US situation. So you originally he was alleging that UMG was paying iHeart to play, not like us more payola. Now there have been these reports, so there's been a settlement, so that this is all over now, right, and that's all that.
Speaker 7: Was out there.
Speaker 5: But with iHeart, yes, so there's a settlement with iHeart, yes, not WITHG with iHeart, but that is not what happened.
Speaker 1: What happened, Well, we know nobody cares about the truth and the lives more entertainment, entertaining. But I need DJ academics and all the Drake fan pages to gather around to get the truth regardless. Okay, facts, it's simple. What Drake filed against iHeart wasn't a lawsuit. What he filed was a petition, yes, and it was a petition to try to make iHeart give a deposition. So Drake wasn't asking for money, he was asking for information. So iHeart could not have made a payment. iHeart couldn't negotiate to give Drake documents or something else showing they didn't do anything wrong. And once Drake received those documents and saw that there was nothing there, he could agree to drop his petition.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: He simply dropped his petition because after he saw what he needed to see, he realized iHeart was not engaged in any of the actions that he was accusing them of in the story. And I know, Drake fan pages won't run with that because it's not as entertaining as saying, you know, iHeart set.
Speaker 3: It with drip for money and Drake was right all along.
Speaker 1: But you know, no, your guy, Drake simply dropped the lawsuit, dropped the petition because there was nothing there.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is what happened. Now, speaking of not like us, the Oscars went down last night, the ninety seventh Oscars. They happened Academy Awards I'm sorry. They happened in Hollywood Adobe Theater. Conan O'Brien was the host and he is currently trending right now because of a Drake Kendrick Lamar related joke that he dropped the halfway through the show. So let's take a listen to that joke real quick.
Speaker 4: Well, we're halfway through the show, which means it's time for Kendrick Lamar to come out and called Drake a pedophile.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, I'm lawyered up. Well, how soon is he going to get him a position or.
Speaker 11: A letter.
Speaker 3: To get one for that one?
Speaker 5: Okay? Now, the show went down with over twenty three different categories being announced. The most awarded films last night were Honora. They took home five Oscars, The Brutalist took home three, but Wicked took home two. They were actually nominated for ten Oscars, but only one two. They won one for Best Costume Design, which was Paul Taswell. He is now the first black man and want an Oscar for costume design to take a listen to him.
Speaker 22: This is absolutely astounding. Thank you Academy for this very significant honor. I'm the first black man to receive Costume Design Award for my work on Richard.
Speaker 3: I'm so proud of this.
Speaker 22: Thank you, mother and Emma so much. Thank you everyone in the UK for all of your beautiful work. I could not have done this without you, my Ozzie and Muses, Cynthia and Arianna, I love you so much. All the other casts, thank you, thank you. Thank you for trusting me with bringing your characters to life.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, he joins Ruthie Carter, who was also a black woman, to win an Oscar for Black Panther. Yep, and they also won. Wicked also won for Best Production Design.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Now, if Cynthia or Rivo would have won the category she was nominated for, specifically, she would have been she would have unseated a few people for the Youngest egot like that, you know, Emmy Grammy Oscar. Uh, what's the t Tony Award? Yes, but she didn't win last night, so she so she didn't get that.
Speaker 3: She said, what's the tea? I was like, you're supposed to be telling us.
Speaker 5: I know what you meant, girl, But she didn't get that. But so let me just tell y'all.
Speaker 8: The sweep they made it seem like Wicked was going to sweep this year.
Speaker 5: They were supposed to came in and took it though, but they did have such big moments. Ariana Grande and Cynthia Rivo opened the show performing some of the songs from Wicked and I'm gonna just tell y'all right now, when I tell you you say the mic is.
Speaker 2: On or not.
Speaker 5: Cynthia Rivo she invented the mic at this point because she sounded so great live last night. She sounded amazing. Ariana Grande had to like sit back like it was. It just was like such her moment. I was like, Yo, she sounds amazing live that it's very hard to do. They also did a tribute to Quincy Jones. Whoopee and Oprah came out and kicked off the tribute. We don't have time to play the audio for them, but hey.
Speaker 3: Yo, Whoopy looked good last night.
Speaker 11: Yo.
Speaker 3: I would look.
Speaker 1: I was looking at her, no disrespect of looking at her body. Her body looked good in shape. I don't know that was like that, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah great yesterday, I'm talking about her shoulders like, she just looked good.
Speaker 5: I like the dress too. I didn't didn't even crossed my mind.
Speaker 7: Whoop, be out of.
Speaker 3: Okay anymore?
Speaker 5: Yes, she was what they saw un they did. Yes, I was trying to get to it, but then we got distracted because he saw Whoopy. Yes, Zoe's Audania. She also won. She took home Best Actress in the Supporting Role, and she made history as the what's the actual title? She made history as.
Speaker 3: The I seen I've seen Whoopy last night.
Speaker 5: Bro Jesus, I can't even get Zoe's up.
Speaker 4: Well, salutes zoways. She's from Queens and Jersey. You know, she's Dominican and Puerto Rican.
Speaker 5: I think she's the best. She was first Dominican. I got to get this right.
Speaker 4: So she won last night, so congratulations. Her mother was in the building, so she was happy to do that for her mother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's the first Dominican American actress to win a Oscar. So when her mom was in the building and she cried out for her mom, she came up and was looking for her mama. Go that that like tear jerked me a little bit.
Speaker 3: You good.
Speaker 5: Did you see Zoe's Zodna last night?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, he didn't.
Speaker 8: Actually, Zoey's story is crazy.
Speaker 4: Her pops passed away when she was younger in a car accident and her mother had to send her back to dr to put her in school while she worked, and then brought her back over here, and it was it was a tough in her life.
Speaker 8: So the fact that she called out for her mom was amazing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I learned that Dominican history school.
Speaker 5: No, we just learned that just now last night and made it go. Look her up.
Speaker 1: I didn't know she was Dominican to the Dominican, I'm not talking your problem. Representation matters. And when the Dominican talking, you won't let him finish the story.
Speaker 5: Them last night you only saw.
Speaker 4: Women won the clue bumper wof you go Berg? Okay, sir, there's no Dominican in there. Bren's Puerto Rican, I'm black, you're black. She's black Dominican yep.
Speaker 5: And Zoe's o'donna is as well, Dominica. She says, she's the first, she's the child of immigrant parents and first American of Dominican descent to want an oscar. So shout out to them as we wrap.
Speaker 3: This on up. Absolute to her. All right, Charlamann, who are you giving a donkey too? Man?
Speaker 1: For after the hour of it is a perverted as optometrist. That's what you call him, right, the people that give you glasses.
Speaker 3: I was like, do you mean collegestris.
Speaker 1: He needs to come to the front of the gngregation. We would like to have a word with him. Freaky ass newman.
Speaker 8: How could you be per We'll find out when we come back at the breakfast So come on here.
Speaker 3: Don't be out here at that like a donkey. He bitch, it's time for Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy.
Speaker 1: I could take it if he feel out deserve It ain't no big Denny say, got to.
Speaker 3: Say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I'm doing Who's getting that donky?
Speaker 1: That donkey that don't don't don't don't don't donkey other day right here.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club. Bitches, you can call me the donkey of the day, but like I mean no harm. Yes, donkey today for Monday.
Speaker 1: March third goes to a man named Brian Steiner. Bryan is from Pennsylvania and he's a freaky ass human twenty twenty vision god. What do you mean he's a twenty twenty vision god? Uncle Shola. Well, apparently times are very hard in the slums of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, because this man, Bryan Steiner, was offering free glasses an exchange for sexual acts. Yes, glasses, face readers, I spires, magnifying marbles, okay, vision vanquishers. This man was botering optical for oral I can't make this kind of stuff up.
Speaker 3: Let's go to six ABC news for the report. Police a Delaware.
Speaker 23: County optician faces some serious charges. Police aa offer customers free eyeglasses and exchange for sex. Investigators say that forty year old Brian Steiner, who worked at Philly Vision careen Fallcroft, solicited sex.
Speaker 7: From his customers.
Speaker 23: They say in return, he would give out free glasses and waive charges and copays. Steiner admitted to police he had received or performed sexual acts inside the business at least thirty different times.
Speaker 3: He wants assets for glasses.
Speaker 1: Now, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, so I've heard of a lot of discounts in my day, buy one, get one free, percentage sales, early payment discounts, seasonal discounts, referral discounts, or what I've never heard of is to bust it open for some bifocals discount.
Speaker 3: You want to get freaking with some frames.
Speaker 1: Brian, You're supposed to have a vision care plan, not a perverted rewards program. This is predatory on so many levels because you have to know who this will work on. You have to know that there are people who can't afford glasses, and the fact that you are praying on the financially challenged amongst us is what really makes me want to see you buried under the jail. Okay, we are in an era where we should be attempting to help people if they aren't in the best position financially, but no, you out here taking advantage of people. And the irony of this situation is you work in an eyeglass store.
Speaker 3: Your whole job is.
Speaker 1: Helping people see clearly, but you couldn't even see that this wouldn't end well. Do you know how financially desperate you have to be the one to give up sex for specs and for Brian to know these people we're desperate and take advantage of that desperation. I don't even believe in heaven of the hell, but damn it, if there is a hell, please give.
Speaker 3: This guy the hottest seat in the house.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a rule, and my rule is never trust people who will take advantage of others for their own benefit, especially when the person actually could use your kindness. Proverbs, chapter twenty two, verses twenty two and twenty three says, don't take advantage of the poor just because you can. I repeat, don't take advantage of the poor just because you can. Self explanatory. Okay, if you believe in hell, Brian, you.
Speaker 3: Going to it? Okay.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you the sickest part of the story. After the patients agreed to do the sexual favors for the glasses, when he would give these visually impaired people the glasses, he would play this song sick, sick, sick sick, Oh my god, sick world. Right, that's how I feel. Please let me me mar give Brian's sign of the biggest he hall what he.
Speaker 6: You stupid? Mother?
Speaker 3: Are you dumb?
Speaker 7: You crazy?
Speaker 5: That song with that story is crazy.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 5: I know, but it's just insane.
Speaker 3: I didn't make that's what happened. I didn't make that up. I'm just reading this news. What Mac, Why is Mack in here?
Speaker 20: Mac?
Speaker 3: Why did you walk in? I just Mac what's the problem. I was back there talking to Eddie and I was just like, could you imagine the eye test? You cover one eye up and read the first line, and it's like, d I.
Speaker 11: Right now.
Speaker 3: At stage e left? Please could you go? Could you leave now? Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: The longer the eye tests, the longer the duration, like, how did this?
Speaker 3: This was crazy? Y'all need to stop? All right? Well, thank you for that donkey today. Yes, indeed, you.
Speaker 5: Imagine the people that couldn't still see after they got the glass and didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 4: Thank you again for the donkey of the day. Let's reset, guys, Come on, come on, fine, we've immature people in here.
Speaker 3: USA. It's all you immature people, all right now.
Speaker 4: Now when we come back, we got to send a resting piece to Angie Stone and Condoless Neo.
Speaker 1: Soul pioneer, Hip hop pioneer R and b icon South Carolina legend man the good sister any Stone came up here in twenty nineteen. And what I found so interesting about that conversation is she was talking about just how she wanted her life to be documented, you know, and she.
Speaker 3: Was talking about a movie that she was gonna be working on movie and document.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're gonna we're gonna replay that interview next, all right, and this is Angie Stone when she was on a Breakfast Club in twenty nineteen. We're gonna get that on next. It don't go anywhere. It's to Breakfast Club, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody is DJ Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamage, the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Lona Rosa is here as well.
Speaker 4: Now we're about to get on an interview we did with Angie Stone in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is twenty nineteen. The good sister Angie Stone came up here to build with us.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: And you know, this is the reason I love having conversations with people because it documents.
Speaker 3: We documents documents their life view and they get to tell their own stories. And you know, she's no longer.
Speaker 1: Here with us, but she told a lot about her life. She told a lot about her career, and you know, she talked about basically how she wanted her movie to play out. You know, that's that's what she was working on.
Speaker 8: But let's jump into it now. It's the Breakfast Club, Come morning.
Speaker 3: How are you I'm good.
Speaker 7: I can't complain.
Speaker 15: You know, I've been lasted for a long time, forty plus years in this business.
Speaker 11: You already know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, I don't think people realize that Angie's one of the Pine is a rap The Sequence the first.
Speaker 7: Female got to go go.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the first female group period to do an original rap record, to do a rap record that gone up the world. We had our neighborhood rappers, we had our New York City rappers, but Sequence was the world's rappers.
Speaker 7: And I think people get it twisted.
Speaker 3: Funk funk it up with the song funk you up until you.
Speaker 7: Got that mixed up with Bruno mothers, I ain't gonna go didn't well what he did, did an interpolation of it.
Speaker 15: Town funk it up. We're gonna uptown funkus funk you right on up. We're gonna funk you the same thing. We're getting paid no attention right now. But guess what, it's all great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, my attorney went in and we.
Speaker 15: Tried to do some stuff, and of course, because there's three group members and I've been doing my thing for a minute, it kind of pulled the scenes at who's who's with who? And who's down with And I just said, you know what, let it rest because we're getting a lot of negative slack because a lot of people that don't know about the sequence or that song.
Speaker 7: We getting a lot of negative flat because they like that don't sound nothing like.
Speaker 15: I'm like, they don't understand the interpolation process and how you know the reason we were upset because Bruno admitted that it was influenced by to See Wow and uh he did that on Instagram and and somebody snatched it down.
Speaker 5: Right, and people do interpolations so that they don't sample. So then they well, doctor did keep.
Speaker 7: Your hands ringing? That was a direct rip from funk you up? They did. I mean, we wrote the song, we wrote the melody, wrote the.
Speaker 15: Chant, we added singing to hip hop, and now everybody's doing it. It's okay, And I think it's wrong for them to try to overlook we're from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: I mean, what did that go with? Nothing? So y'all didn't get paid from doctor Drinea?
Speaker 7: Yes we did, Okay, Okay, but we had he admitted it.
Speaker 3: He had kept that post got paid.
Speaker 5: But you know it's still there. Everything that's been on it, Well.
Speaker 7: The beauty of it is.
Speaker 15: They admitted it, but the minute the elephant is brought out of the closet, everybody runs because nobody wants to be labeled a thief. And we just say that I'm very honored and I got my girl blinding from the sequence here just something back.
Speaker 3: Snoop was so excited.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well you know Snoop, I've worked with Snoop he did. I want to thank you along with me and Jazzy Fay back in the day. But he wants me to work with his daughter. He wants to work with my son. So we have a kindred spirit. And La hip Hop was reminiscent sequence that whole funk era. So I just think overall people need to respect the fact that it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I think that you should be getting credit as a pioneer female rap like I don't think that, then y'all go gold.
Speaker 3: We would go.
Speaker 7: We were the first group to go go sell twelve inch records.
Speaker 15: That means twelve inch records along with the Sugar Hill Gang toward the world pretty much. We never get the recognition, and of course you know that's probably platinum ten times over by now, but we don't get the recognition because I think the New Yorkers got a little salty because you know, we made it out of starting gates.
Speaker 7: I mean it's like a race, a marathon race.
Speaker 15: You're doing the full forty relay, you passed the time, whoever you end up at the finish line.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's fair game.
Speaker 4: You know, nobody knows the story because well, I'm in New York and is as deep in Miami as in hip hop.
Speaker 3: Maybe I know, you know, had no, I had no clue what funk you up?
Speaker 24: No?
Speaker 3: I knew funk you up? But I didn't know that sequence.
Speaker 6: The sequence was the first group that pretty much go gold but as a girl.
Speaker 7: But who did you think would gold first?
Speaker 3: Salt pepper?
Speaker 7: Ooh? And we were ten, well ten fifteen years before them.
Speaker 15: There used to be a thing you probably wouldn't know to see the cash box called cash box and billboard.
Speaker 7: If you do your research, it's there.
Speaker 15: We were the first female group hip hop group period to make cash box and uh, Rolling Stone just did a big article on us because a lot of the people that were back then, they knew why they getting any attention. And you know, I just think it's sad because a lot of the females hip Hoppers, and I trust me, I love them all big respect props.
Speaker 7: But learn he'll loves Andrew.
Speaker 15: Stone because it's reminiscent to what she did, right with uh who's her group rap sing?
Speaker 7: And that's what we did.
Speaker 5: And you guys are all still cool with each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: So it was never like a falling out with the group broke up? Who uh with sequence?
Speaker 15: Oh no, you know you you you girl group, you have you, you have your red Pack moments. But we are sisters, right and at the end of the day, we love each other. We look out for each other, We got each other. We don't always agree, I mean, nobody always agreed. But I decided to leave the group early on because I moved to New York. I I learned a lot of stuff about songwriting. I was a songwriter and uh a brother named Craigdary who used to be with the sugar Hill Click said you need to get out and go to New York your adventures.
Speaker 3: Uh blah blah.
Speaker 7: And I moved to New York and I learned a lot of stuff. Well, let's listen what I want.
Speaker 3: I want to start cause this is a history lesson for for a lot of myself.
Speaker 6: So you signed the sugar Hill Gang. How did you get signed? How did how did you? First of all, how did you get into hip hop? How did you get signed?
Speaker 8: And how did you get your deal?
Speaker 4: Cause it wasn't like before where now where's internet is TV that's playing hip hop?
Speaker 6: Radio wasn't playing hip hop back then? How did you get into it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Coming from Columbia, South Carolina, and we was sixteen seventeen, eighteen years old. We had a group that was doing Wrapped back then, kingkon Third was out and we wrote a song called funk You Up. I think Sylvie Robinson came to South Carolina. It was the first leg of the first sugar Hill Game tour, the first show, the first city.
Speaker 7: We happened to be in the concert.
Speaker 15: The road manager from sugar Hill Gang saw me and thought I was just pretty chocolate chick.
Speaker 7: I'll come back safe.
Speaker 15: And so I said, well, if you let me, and you gotta let my friends in, that's right. So we all came in and got backstage. Sylvie was backstage, was literally on the stage, and we said, hey, we wrap and she said, well, let me hear what you got right there on the side of the state, on the set side of the stage, and we went, funk you right on up. We're gonna funk you right on and she flipped. She said, oh my god, Oh my god. The next thing I know, we were sitting in the dresser room giving our phone number. She says, I'm gonna make you girls start.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 15: We had already been a group, I mean, and you know, being a cheerleader, seeing Johnson writing cheers and creating stuff like.
Speaker 7: That was what we did.
Speaker 15: And she called us the very next week. Wow, blew us to New Jersey and we cut the record funk You Up. And a couple of weeks later, I thank you. Three weeks the record went gold in three Wow.
Speaker 3: They take advantage of y'all.
Speaker 7: Of course they took advantage.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 7: We did have a lawyer, but he was a South Carolina lawyer.
Speaker 15: We thought we were doing the right thing. But you know, one thing I've learned in life is you have to have experience. Uh, Sylvie Robinson, I give him mad props because, quite contrary to what a lot of people think, you know, when you're the first at anything, you're gonna make mistakes.
Speaker 7: So I lean heavily to that because she.
Speaker 15: Did something phenomenal that turned out to be greatful a lot of people, but you had to have some crash just done too.
Speaker 4: All right, that's part one of our interview with Angie Stone. If you want to see the full interview, you can hit up our YouTube page. Resting piece Angie Stone, condolences to her family. We're just getting on the interview we did with her in twenty nineteen, and we'll get into part two when we come back.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club, Go.
Speaker 4: Morning Morning everybody. It's the DJ NV, Jesse, Larry Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. La La Rosa is here as well.
Speaker 4: Now we are getting on our interview we did with Angie Stone in twenty nineteen. Our resting peace to Angie Stone and again the condolences to her family, and let's get it back on.
Speaker 1: What did the standpower been like like transitioning from a hip hop artist to R and B trio to a legendary soul singer Like.
Speaker 15: Yeah, writer, well, I'll tell you the blessing For me, I'm a sage and I think out the bot. One of the things I always hated was when I saw groups that were from the fifties and sixties, in the seventies and eighties, still in the same uniform doing a old hit.
Speaker 7: I said, never want that mean.
Speaker 15: So what I did was I learned to be a chameleon, and I wanted to change with the times. So what I did was I kept myself around fresh hotness, and I learned everything in life is a learning process. The moment we think we know everything, we absolutely know nothing that's right. So I learned to be a comedian and change with the time. So the stay in power has been number one. My faith is unshakable in Christ. I love the Lord and that's my rock, my salvation. So I decided when the music changed, you changed too. But you can't straight too far away from who.
Speaker 12: You are with you.
Speaker 1: But it seems like you're such a great singer that it's like I can't see.
Speaker 3: You ever doing anything else.
Speaker 7: I can't believe you even used to rap, beauty if that was when we got discovered as rappers.
Speaker 15: One the first question I asked Sylvie Robinson is Robinson, is it okay if I sing too? Because I wanted to put a hook, you know, I wanted to sing. So when you say that Hey, you said, know that I was begging to do that because I knew one day in life I wanted to sing from the church. So I mean, I love rap, but I can sing too, so can we combine it too? And she's so excited about the rap, she said, Oh, I need to do what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 15: And that that is what kind of set the segue up for me to make the transition from after being thirty years old, you want to transition from hip hop to hooray. So I just went ahead and started singing and you know, kind of juggling now when I did my deal with Arista. The one reason you don't know a lot about the hip hop is one of the things that Clive Davis and Peter Edge wanted to do was say, Okay, look, we don't want to date you.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I'm still young. What are you talking about?
Speaker 15: Well, we don't want to talk about all that stuff at sugarhar So they kind of gag ORed.
Speaker 7: At me not to talk about to date.
Speaker 5: Coming out right, got you?
Speaker 15: And because I'm a singer now and they want to focus on that, and I'm like, I don't have a telescope into the future, not knowing what it was going to be, how it was going to be. All I know is I'm in this game for somebody, gotcha.
Speaker 3: So it happens when people recognize you, you pull up the radiation. You're like, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: She just wasn't talking about it in interviews.
Speaker 7: Like I couldn't talk about it in the interviews. It's not that I didn't want to.
Speaker 5: I never heard of anything like that that they put a gag.
Speaker 7: Well I'm using that word gag. But when your boss tells you.
Speaker 4: Try to make the music, like how to do a sixteen and do a hook and all that because you said time, Wow what I was hungry.
Speaker 15: I was thirsty, I was ambitious and I went I started. It's like now I'm developing film and you know, reality shows up. It's having that bug to say, I'm I'm a rubber band. You can stretch me, but I won't. I'm always do me. So you know, being a rapper is a life lesson for me. But it hurts when you've put over forty years in the game and the people that are now eating off of the foundation that you created don't look back and say, yo, good looking. That's why Snoop shows us love. That's why dodged draining them, show us love. The people in La embrace us because Yo Yo can say hey, EMC like and say Yo, hey, it's because of y'all that we're doing this. She thanked me, Yo yo, thank me. We gotta show our first show coming up with EMCE light and Salt and Pepper and just don't I said, you know, I got to bring girls just go like that Rodney and Philly.
Speaker 7: So that's coming up and I'm excited about that.
Speaker 6: Has any of the new Yard artist thank you?
Speaker 3: City girls ain't never thank y'all.
Speaker 15: No, they don't know, but but I promise you they will know because I'm actually getting ready to do We're working on a biopic.
Speaker 5: That's what I was gonna ask. I saw you said, is Jamie Fox working on that too?
Speaker 15: Or was that you know Jamie and our work? Jamie wants to do another film with me, But Ralph foxwats who I'm working?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: Who did Hollywood husbands?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: On the on the biopic? And We're gonna have to cross all these lanes.
Speaker 15: So I'm very excited about my journey and my career and my life coming from hip Hop through Neil So all the way up through my vertical whole days and just having a bird's eye view like I'm gonna I'm gonna blow your mind?
Speaker 7: You ready for this.
Speaker 15: One of the things that I can't wait for the world to see is hip hop was in the Bronx before it ever came downtown.
Speaker 7: It was something in the Bronx.
Speaker 15: It was myself and Little Rodney See that introduced hip hop to downtown.
Speaker 7: We did the first party of the show in the club that was called the Roxy. We used to be a skating ring. We made it into the club.
Speaker 15: It was Andre Harrel myself with the sequence the Funky Four plus one More Africa Body. This was a show that my money paid for, made the flyers for Put Together and his fourth. Hip Hop moved from Uptown to Downtown single handily, and it never changed. Madonna used to serve us drinks at Danceteria.
Speaker 7: That's how I really get okay. That was a club she was a waitress at.
Speaker 3: How do you remember her?
Speaker 7: Because she served me drinks?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 7: You she was a waitress. I was a performer there.
Speaker 3: Wow was she?
Speaker 5: Did she say? You know I'm an aspiring singer? Also?
Speaker 7: No, she didn't have to say that she was working.
Speaker 5: She was just you know, sometimes people will do that.
Speaker 15: They'll be like, but I'm just giving shedding a little light on stuff because a lot of people when they disrespect the sequence, they disrespect the culture of hip hop because they don't even know how they got from uptown to downtown.
Speaker 3: And when you.
Speaker 15: Overlook the fact that hey, little Run and see m GP booked this show, paid everybody for the show, and he fourth the wild style movie bab Fire Freddy, He'll tell you all these people know. So when you overlook that, you overlook a movement. It's not just about the one song.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 15: You have to look at the legacy of what hip hop really stood for back then and the sacrifices that were made.
Speaker 7: And I can't wait for the story.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I think of like sugar Hill Gang, I'm like, there's no reason for anybody ever mentioned sugar Hill Records and I mentioned sequels thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't understand when the.
Speaker 7: Sugarhill Girl they called us that, but we wrote all their hits.
Speaker 15: Yeah, apache Ah, wonder all the songs we wrote. We were the West Street Mob that Let's stance.
Speaker 7: I know you got the fever. That's the sequence were all getting paid? Yeah, good money.
Speaker 5: Is a movie gonna be? Do you know where it's going to be? Is it going to be on like a like a BT series or is it going to be in the theater?
Speaker 3: It will be, It will be.
Speaker 15: Uh, it won't be just one episode. It'll be a series, a mini series. That's what we're working on because it spans too far. Talking about nineteen seventy nine up until today, and and and just releasing the album that's already my single drop that it went straight to number two. Oh certain, so, my my, it's a reason for everything. I think God preserved this time for us to get the story right.
Speaker 3: So you know, are you trying somebody to play you yet?
Speaker 11: For the bi pick?
Speaker 15: I got some ideas. I got some ideas a couple of people that I really really am interested in. I know one segment of Andie Stone is your daughter got to be in it, of course, but the young lady that used to be Burning Max's daughter.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah, we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you well, Edie Stone, thank you for joining us you Edgie Stone.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Do your cej M V Jess, Hilary Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club long the Rosa filling in for Jess and let's get to the mess.
Speaker 2: Worldwide.
Speaker 3: Matam on the Breakfast Club. He's the coaches ships with Lauren. Lauren and I got the mess talked to me.
Speaker 5: Okay. So there's some more happening now. Because of the interview that Jim Jones did when he was up here at the Breakfast Club, Cameron has actually responded to Jim Jones.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: Jim Jones talked about a couple of things. He talked about wanting to fight Caim for ten million dollars, and then he also talks about the Versus situation with Kim and the rest of the dip set. Let's take a listen to Jim Jones on versus.
Speaker 24: I need triple what I had last time to where we put that versus on fire too. We had that thing looking like a championship game. Yes, switch hogh at me and you backdoored me. Gave that man some business that you ain't give all of us. You definitely got to give me triple Swiss and you gotta give me some real business.
Speaker 3: This time. Well, yeah, yeah, I wanted to bag, but we got the bag.
Speaker 24: But boy still went back door, Like yo, for us, for me to do the verses, you got to give me part of this business that had nothing to do with us, you heard, But.
Speaker 3: He said, that's me being a business man now as you being a sucker doing.
Speaker 5: Back doors when you went to camp about that, he said that, like, it's just me being a businessman.
Speaker 3: No, Swiss told me how to tell Swiss.
Speaker 7: I know what was going on.
Speaker 3: Jack, call Swiss on the line. They tell you I did bad. You know, how did you find out about it?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 3: Because I found out about a lot.
Speaker 5: So Kim has responded he's fined it two ways. He posted to Instagram. He posted some text messages between him and Jim, and the text message basically are to sum it up, it's Jim saying that you know Versus was on his bucket list and that essentially he would do it for free just to touch the stage because it does so much for the artists that touch the stage. Right, So Kim's caption says, I don't pay half of the stuff that people say, no mind, but you know I keep the files you wanted to do verses for free. So if you made a dollar, be happy talking about what was on your bucket list. Stop trying to rewrite history. Now you got a lost in the garden in the Barclays with the laughing emojis, and y'all not eat and your homiees not eating unless they came with their own brand. The boys Sugar Dia got more money than you, and let's bet ten ms on that. Go get hand some a car in a crib in Jersey or something. I'm done for now, so then it is what it is air this morning. This actually aired about I would say, like twenty thirty minutes ago, and Kim indirectly or God directly, but just to say Jim's name, throw some more shots there. Well, let's say a listen to that.
Speaker 11: I had a tour for us, lock up for the Lots of Difference.
Speaker 21: Always says, yo, don't bring this out with you because they're not gonna win if you bring this out with you talking about football games, basketball day and I'll be sitting here like I don't really know, But then I got it when the fight went on, when you got that type of energy and you breathing that energy when everybody's sad and mad and depressed and try to look happy but they not really happy.
Speaker 7: It gets in you.
Speaker 21: The people you with could possibly your energy up for something that you post to do. You can't come out with that energy, man, It's bad energy.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 3: You gotta have greatness with you.
Speaker 1: I remember were talking about the Eagle game and I said, Meek Mill walked them out.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna win a championship. Meet didn't walk them out then that winning that championship.
Speaker 21: This is what the Lions up when you bring out Jelo, Jelo or not from Brooklyn and them wasn't from Brooklyn?
Speaker 3: Why crazy? Straight right?
Speaker 5: Because G three performed that the Allions the game. Yeah, they tried to blame it and say that's why he lost.
Speaker 3: So what lost?
Speaker 5: They said, Yeah, that's how the Lions lost. What Cameron is alluding to is the fact that Joel's Santanna and Jim Jones walked Davonte Tank Davis out the fight that just happened with Lamont Roach over the weekend at the Barclay Center, and a lot of people online were saying, hey, you lost because you walked out with such and such jokingly, but Cam brought that to it is what it is. So that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 3: I hate them brothers fight, man, I hate seeing them brothers fight. Yeah, I hope Jimmy Cam find some peace. Awesome.
Speaker 1: I hope Jimmy Cam find some peace with some closure, meaning they either a way to be at peace with each other or they find some clothes on their relationship because I hate it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like they were brothers, like they were crue clear.
Speaker 3: We watched it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we see it. I like, I said, it's entertaining, but I hate seeing this.
Speaker 5: I agree, And I did want to play this on this other audio that we have of camera he sat down with us Steve Stout, and he talked about exactly what he did when it came to negotiating the verses. Do I just want to play this because kind of like clearing that up a little bit. Let's say listen to that.
Speaker 21: I had a tour for us locked up for the lots of diseent, literally lined up, and it was about at the time, maybe like two and a half million dollars.
Speaker 11: If I'm not mistaken. You know this is a few years ago.
Speaker 21: Jim really wanted to do the verses, and I'm like, bro, we can do the verses after the tour, yah, y'all, And I got two and a half million dollars waiting, and that was just for like ten cities.
Speaker 11: It could have been moved up to like six million dollars. A y'all out voted Steve. Nobody was listening to me about the tour.
Speaker 21: So what I said to myself was, I told Swissland Temple, and I said, for everybody, y'all get the least six digits.
Speaker 11: That's artists got everybody the money.
Speaker 21: I started, probably in my own I want the door money, I want stocks and Triller, I want beats from Templand and Swiss for free.
Speaker 11: I want percentage of the views the story go on. And I got all that too.
Speaker 5: So basically he was The way that it sounds to me is like, you know, they missed the tour, so that he was just trying to make what he could off of them doing the versus a situation or whatever. But yeah, to y'all point, the back and forth with them is kind of crazy, especially the shots at the bark clay thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dang, it just still happened. If Dip said wins against the locks on that faithful versus night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think so. You think so, I don't. I think so.
Speaker 6: Why do you think so?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't think they were seeing out of eye even during that night.
Speaker 1: But the versus story has a lot to do with all of this. You do realize that, like we played three clips just now and two of them were But but you know, this happened before that they like they weren't seeing versus. I feel like something else happened that night that really, uh, that really set.
Speaker 3: It set it off.
Speaker 5: We talked about that in the interview too. I asked him, like, Yo, it seems like y'all at least cordial publicly before the verses a little bit. Then verses happened and it was like shots are just everywhere, coming from each side.
Speaker 1: But Jim also said that in all conversation. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, he was like he can't get over getting booed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cameron couldn't get over that. But it got to be more than that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the conversation when Cam interviewed fifty, and that's that's what I thought reunited it because before that, you know, they weren't seeing that.
Speaker 3: I but it was quiet. But after that interview, fireworks, I mean big fireworks have been reignited.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were public.
Speaker 5: The fireworks been happening so much. I just I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Hey man, I wish them brothers peace. Man our closure one of the two and leave me. Leave meek alone for me. I need to know.
Speaker 6: What happened with me the night.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I do his business.
Speaker 21: This is what.
Speaker 11: Twitter.
Speaker 7: Let me see. Did he tweet already?
Speaker 3: He can't hear that yet? All right, that's it, all right, well that was the mess. All right.
Speaker 4: Well let's get to the People's choice makes get your request eight hundred five eight five one on five to one.
Speaker 8: And also, uh, this hour will last hour.
Speaker 3: I should say.
Speaker 4: We played our interview with Angie Stone, resting piece of Angie Stone. If you haven't heard it, go to our YouTube page. Definitely check it out. It's a great interview. It details her life, how she started, what it wanted to do. It's a lot of history in that interview.
Speaker 3: Definitely check it out. All Right, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club, lawing the roster, filling in for Jess. Now I know you're heading the d all right.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, I am March March Dan. Can you stop saying that because you know people are gonna really believe it and it's not true.
Speaker 3: He's projecting whenever he goes out of the country. That's what he does, Laura.
Speaker 5: He ain't touched that by it at all.
Speaker 3: You see that you got a those job. He ain't stand you want all the way to.
Speaker 5: D off for a those job. I feel bad for you jail those job.
Speaker 3: Well, we're better.
Speaker 8: Stop about my legs and my moms too. Why I don't know, people say the.
Speaker 18: Boy.
Speaker 5: If you would like to join me, I could find you a doctor. My homegirls know where to go in order to recovery houses. So just let me know your home nowhere. But but you know, while you're there healing, I can check in on you. I'm gonna be over at the memorial they get away May twenty seventh, twenty second through the twenty seventh. It's a five night, six days. It's a HBCU Black Alumni weekend. I'll be hosting a bunch of different events out there. We gonna have a good time. Visit Memorial Day, getaway dot com and at check out, tell them Laurena Rosa sent you because I'm gonna seeyall there.
Speaker 3: All right now when we come back. We got the positive notes. They don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning to everybody.
Speaker 8: It's dj MV just hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club law La Rosa is here and we got a salute to the riser for joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: Louted to them. Make sure you gonna get your tickets.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely going to that show because you know, I got a top seven favorite rappers of all time and ghost Face Killer is my favorite rapper of all time and Killer Mic is also on my top seven favorite Rappers of all time list. WU Tang is my favorite group, so I'm definitely going to see Wo Tanging running Jews.
Speaker 3: Ye head Man.
Speaker 5: It kicks off on June sixth and Baltimore and a CONTENTI b The'll be in New York at the at msg.
Speaker 8: Win sixteenth of July and then Prudential seventeenth of July.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll be at one of those. Definitely be at one of those and listen. I want to tell everybody too.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: The third Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival is happening Saturday April sixth, April twenty six at poll Minyards in Atlanta, Georgia. Okay, Saturday April twenty six at Polman Yards in Atlanta, Georgia. We got Mandy and Weezy from Decisions Decisions hosting. We have the Trap Nerds podcast for all the gamers out there. We got Good Mom's Bad Choices podcast gonna be out there. Neked Sports with Carrie Champion, the R and B Money Podcast with Tanking Jay Valentine, and we got the Woman.
Speaker 3: Evolved Podcast with Sarah Jake Roberts. Yes, Sarah Jakes Roberts.
Speaker 1: All of them will be at the third Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. You know, we got the food trucks, We got to Pitch your Podcast booth presented by Nissan. We got the Black Effect Marketplace, all types of good stuff. So see y'all Saturday April twenty six. You can go get your tickets right now at Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you got a positive note. I do have a positive note and it's simple.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: Do your best because you want to Okay, you do your best when you are enjoying the action, are doing it in a way that will not have negative repercussions for you. You do your best because you want to do it, not because you have to do it, not because you are trying to please the judge, and not because you are trying to please other people.
Speaker 3: Do your best because you want to have a great day.
Speaker 7: Breakfast club bitches, you don't finish for y'all.
Speaker 2: Done.