Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, and we're back and we're black and we're brown Brown Ambition.
Speaker 2: As someone on Twitter or no Instagram, she was like, excuse me, is it me? Or has there not been a new episode of Brown Ambition since May twenty third?
Speaker 1: Uh? You caught us, you got it.
Speaker 2: It's my fault. Last week I lost my voice and I was a hot mess and sick and we were not able to tape a show. But we have like double of the goodies to share with you guys tonight because big things have been happening. Tiffany, you were in Disney World.
Speaker 1: Now, I was at Universal Studios. Pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: That looked amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was a lot of fun. I took Superman, Supergirl and I we went. We surprised her. We told her like we had her wake up at four o'clock in the morning. Her mom drove me in Superman to the airport and we had her come. And she didn't know that we were going because she, according to her, has been on the Honorall for twenty two times consecutively. Well with two honorable mentions, it would have been twenty four, but like twice in third grade, you know, she was an honorable mention and so we were like, we wanted to reward her good grades, and so I said, let's go to Universal Studios. And so we went to the airport and we were like, oh, you know, we're going to Universal Studios. She was like I want to go. We're like, oh, I wanshould wed to know we would have packed your bag and she was all hot and I was like, well, help me with my bag. She's like, help me with your bag. You are four o'clock in the morning. She's r like, oh, she's helping with you with my bag. And then we hand her hers and she's like, why are you guys taking my bag with you and we're like, it's not my bag, it's yours. She started crying and screaming, and it was honestly so awesome. She could not believe she was for me. I know I wanted to, but that was like, you know what, everything's always for camera. I know, right, Oh for me? Oh for me, there's no concept. You're not speaking. I was like, oh, And throughout the whole trip you kept saying I keep waiting for you to say, Oh, I gotta go speak, I'll be right back. She's like, I can't believe we just did this for me, I know. I was like, yeah, So, yeah, it was a lot of fun because Universal, honestly is just a good behind time. So because there's like three I guess three kind of like theme parks when it comes to Universal Studios, there's actually Universal Studios, there's Islands of Adventure, and they have this new like Volcano Bay, which we didn't do because we were just there for the weekend, but we rode basically every ride. And I went in my travel group to ask, you know, kind of like what's the best way to do Universal, and someone suggested to stay at the one of the three main hotels that they own, and they give you this free express pass, which normally is like almost like up to like one hundred and thirty something per person that we could just jump the line and so we never waited more than five minutes for a ride, which was awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh that's huge. I remember I went there when I was a kid, but I remember nothing except for like the hot sun and like being three years old and just standing in line and hating everything. So that's majing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome, although there was a little I'm gonna I'm gonna say this for brown Break, but yeah, if I would say it was eighty five percent awesome, and I'll share the fifteen percent later.
Speaker 2: Oh suspense, Okay, well I thought it was. I thought it was pretty meaningful or like what's the right word. I don't know. But anyway, the last time we talked, the night you guys heard it, that was a night that there was that attack in Manchester, and like I had just like the news was happening when we were recording the podcast, and then now that we're recording another episode, it just came. The day after that Manchester. Ariana Grande did her Manchester United or Not United Manchester One Love benefit concert and she went back, which I thought was I thought it was amazing. I mean, I I mean, I wasn't. I mean, I like arion as music, like all jam too, but I wasn't like an are On a fan. But I feel the need to be an arion A fan now because I thought, for and she's young, like to to be so close to a terrorist attack at your own concert and then less than two weeks later, turn right back around, come right back to the same city. Not only that, but like bring all these other celebrities organize this concert raise three million dollars. Visit all your fans at the hospital who were injured. Yeah, I just thought it was amazing, And I don't know, I kind of just like, you know, you can kind of be cynical and think, oh, it's just celebrities and it's just music or whatever. But I let myself get all in my feelings watching it. I watched it because you can watch it like if you hadn't if you missed it. They they streamed it live and you can watch it online. Now. Coldplay performed and that was special.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love Coldplay.
Speaker 2: I love me some Chris Martin, always have, always will. Even Katie Perry din't annoy me so much slightly less than usual.
Speaker 1: Are you annoyed by Katy Perry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah you did?
Speaker 2: You not see her SNL performance at least the video at least.
Speaker 1: I heard that it was ridiculous, and I was like, I'm saving it for later when I need a little giggle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just and you know, I'm not I'm not even down for this, like you know, team Katie, team Tata thing. But the fact that she wrote such a terrible song and then said it was like supposed to be an answer to Taylor Swift's Bad Blood, Like the song is awful anyway, whatever, I didn't mean to get all negative, but anyway, she was there, you know, justin Bieber wasn't as annoying as usual. I just thought it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so it's been a crazy because, you know, from Manchester to this recent attack on London Bridge. I'm like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read It's not just that too, I mean the London the London Bridge attack. That's another thing to think about is that that happened like less than twenty four hours before this benefit concert was supposed to go on. So the fact that everyone still came out and had such a beautiful concert. And there's some people who have been talking about, you know, there's a huge bombing, huge in Kabul, Afghanistan last week, like hundreds of people injured, died, and you know, it didn't get as much. Obviously didn't get as much. I think it was covered in mainstream media. People always accused the media of not covering it, but of course those attacks are covered. But it doesn't resonate, doesn't strike the same chord because you know, it's not a European ally country like the UK is or whatnot. But I feel like, yeah, and they're like, well, why didn't you do a benefit concert in these other countries, in Syria or whatever. But I give her a break for one thing, because it was her concert that was there was an attack at Yeah, it was an attack on her fans. It was an attack on music. You know, I can't think of another time a young pop stars concert has been targeted in a terrorist attack? Am I missing something?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: So the fact that she went back and did it for her fans that was so. I don't think you can fault her for doing that. I agree in the message it felt. I mean, it was very Manchester focused, but I don't know, I felt like it was it was sort of for everyone. It was like sort of just a message to the world that these attacks are meant to They're meant to disrupt our lives, They're meant to make us stop enjoying things that make us happy, that music, love, friends, whatever, And it was just sort of a statement to say that you can't stop us, and you won't stop us. And honestly, if you're feeling like what can I do all these terrible things are happening. The only thing you can do sometimes is just keep like the only way to like fight back is just to keep living your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like what because, like you said, what else can you do? I mean living your life and and I can't I don't know, trying to be positive and trying to do your part to make things better? Because like other than that, what can you do?
Speaker 2: Treat people nicely? You know, that's all you can try. I mean I can't go I can't go to the UK. I mean it's like we also put a lot of I mean there's so much pressure on you know, elected officials to like prevent terrorism. How are you going to prevent someone from just like driving a van into a crowd of people. I mean it's such a You can prevent a lot of things, but I I mean we have to like we have to I guess in living in New York too, you have to like understand or reconcile the fact that you're living in a certain amount of danger. At any time. Things something can happen that can't be prevented and accepted. I guess, you know, whatever our commander in chief you know, likes to rant about on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, let's talk about it. Honestly, for the longest time, I didn't know what it was like because I was away, So I'm like, what's going on with this? And I'm like, oh my gosh, oh gosh, our commander in chief, well not mine, y'all commanded somebody's wrote it for him, right, I mean it just even recently, like I actually just broke down and watched the news, which I typically don't because it is nothing short of depressing. And the Mayor of London issued a statement to say, you know that to their you know, to London residents, don't be alarmed, but you're going to see more police presence. That was his statement. Of course, mister Koffe or whatever the hell, however you say that word. He only heard the mayor say don't be alarmed, so he pounced on that on Twitter. It was like, how is he gonna say don't be alarmed? That was a poor choice of word. And I'm like, you didn't listen to the literally the next not even a full sentence, you didn't listen to and you're tweeting about it. He's just every kind of idiot.
Speaker 2: How does he have this much free time? I am so concerned.
Speaker 1: Because I literally know people who are like I wish I had the free time to the President of the United States is not busy. There are moms who are like what, I can't even watch my behind. I went to go pick up my mail from my sister and she had the baby and the one and a half year old, and I was playing with him, and she slipped off and took a shower. I said, what next, I know, I hat the water runner. She was like, I'll be on a minute. She never have time, But how do you have time, sir?
Speaker 2: He's it's like he's a He's literally just sitting on a couch in his underpants, just tweeting and watching CNN, and that's where he's getting his news. Like, don't doesn't he like, why shouldn't he be waiting for all the facts to come to get the full picture? He didn't.
Speaker 1: At that point.
Speaker 2: He didn't even know who the We didn't even know who the attackers were, what their motives were, was it terrorism? Were they even Muslim? And if they were, what the hell does that even matter? And he's going on and on on about a Muslim band, and I mean, it's how freaking rageous, and I can't. I know, people are like, man, they talk about Trump, it's like, come on, we get it, but like, we can't let it become normal. We can't let it become the kind of thing that we're like, oh, it's just Trump being Trump. Like that's how we got him in the White House exactly. People gave him a pass, and like I refuse, refuse to let him get a pass because you know, in the fact we did. He said a lot happened last week. We pulled out, he announced, he dangled, He dragged the media along, you know, teasing that he was gonna make his announcement about the parents the Paris Climate Deal, and finally did when we all knew what he was going to do, which is, you know, just undue decades and decades of work for an agreement that was largely symbolic in and of itself, and and and his reasoning for it was so bizarre and ridiculous. The fact that he said that it was gonna hurt the US economy, it was going to take away American jobs. The actual agreement was like kumbaya. I mean, there were a climate there were climate scientists who were annoyed that the agreement didn't do more. But it basically said, hey, guys, are you gonna like promise to do your best to reduce your carbon footprint? You know, over the next couple of decades, are you going to try promise? Okay, cool handshake. That was literally that's what the Paris Climate Agreement is about. But you know, the art of the deal. The master negotiator and his big fat ego could not stand that it was a deal that Obama put together, not put together, but that Obama was a part of. And because I think at the end of the day, he's he with like tunnel vision, is still pandering to his base, and he knows that they think, you know, just the fact that he went and said, you know, I represent Pittsburgh, not Paris. He's making Paris who the Paris Climate Agreement just happened to be signed in Paris. It wasn't like Paris. There's one hundred and you know, over one hundred something countries, you know, basically every country except for United States, Syria, and Nicaragua, who are a part of it. But he makes he's so good at pandering to people who are afraid of the other. The elite, you know, and what sounds more other than elite than France, you know.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile, I'm sure he has a home in France.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he is. I mean, he is their enemy, but they don't see it. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't understand either, Honestly, it's crazy. I don't understand. And then but like, first of all, I've been living for Milania's open shade. She's like, I can't even pretend anymore.
Speaker 2: She does not even try.
Speaker 1: Yo. When she swatted his hand, like, let's be clear, that's not part of the contract. You will not touch my hand. I was rolling. I was like, wait, did she did? She just wat his hand where everyone can see. He reached his little, small baby hand back, and she was like, not today, not tomorrow, and not any other day.
Speaker 2: Really, I can't wait for her. I can't wait for her.
Speaker 1: Tell all, what, yeah, I mean, you know, I mean, I don't know, you know how true this is whatever? But I saw it on Lovey's blogs. How you know, supposedly she's having an affair with like the head security of Tiffany's in the Trump Tower. That was I mean, it was just a hilarious funny shady article. But I was like, I mean, whether that's true or not, me, I doubt it because I feel like that just would be so easy to prove and see. But I just it's just so clear she's not here for the Donalds.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like there was like rumors that she had wanted to leave him before the election and kind of got swept up in it. I mean, what, she's a grown ass woman like she you know, I don't think she's like being held hostage, but I do appreciate that she's not gonna play the blushing bride like doting first lady. If she's you know, she's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I'm over it. She's like And then there was one she gave him that, you know, like someone tried to hold your hand and she put her hand up to her hair like not today, like the fonns. She gave him the fonds, the fawns fake out.
Speaker 2: That's what protesting for all of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, remember people are like Blania, blink twice if you need help. Ah co.
Speaker 2: That's a good co word for him. Now we don't have just say bold order.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like I'm saying wrong, but that's what I'm gonna call it.
Speaker 2: Did you really post a clip on man bun video on our Sacred Brown Ambition Facebook page? Is that what I'm seeing right now?
Speaker 1: If you guys are not following us on Facebook, you are missing out because we have everything from political, silly, foolish, black girl magic, brown girl magic. It's just a mix of awesomeness. And I saw this, Yeah, I saw this awesome ad for man Buns, and I said, I have to share some Brown Ambition because it reminded me of like the little buns that like, you know, like I used to put on like or me and my friends used to do to extend like our hair, you know, and just to look like you had a little bit more hair. And now they're giving it from me, and it looks so fake, like the coloring is off. It's just hilarious. So I said, let me put this up here just for a little giggle.
Speaker 2: I feel like one strong breeze and nothing that's flying off that does not look secure.
Speaker 1: It's just but why, sir, why this is like the this is.
Speaker 2: Like the male roy.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad the whole romper talk has died down. Speaking of which, of like random talk. Uh so this what do you think about this twenty five thousands doll a prom. I know you've seen it, the story.
Speaker 2: What why?
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me bring it down.
Speaker 2: Reading too much Trump news, not enough real news.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So okay, there's this woman, she from North Philly. She threw like a prom send offs. So you know, remember back in the day when we said prom send offs and it was just like you and your friends at the park taking pictures, right, or maybe sometimes there would be a place like there might be like the school parking lot whereverybody would meet before they go to the prom, right, and you know, and then like you know, at most who had the nicest limousine and that was the big thing. And then it got a little bit more big, and you know, like more and more proms becoming a bigger.
Speaker 2: And big social media is like, I don't I'm glad, I'm not going to prom this this dand age.
Speaker 1: First of all, I looked at hot Mess and I think, like we drove my dad to like ten year old Mercedes. Okay, I thought we was doing it. And I remember I got my dress from Lord and Taylor. I was like, yes, get into this Lord and Tailor drag. But so this mom decided to go all out for her son's prom and had been planning it for I think it was either four years or two years. I mean Mandy. So it was called like you have to look up the hashtag Philly Philly to Dubai.
Speaker 2: I am researching this immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Philly to Dubai, hashtag twenty five thousand. A prom she's been saving for years. She had a camel, she had three tons of sand shipped in. She she had he had three different three different types of cars, three.
Speaker 2: Dates like yeah, three dates like girls.
Speaker 1: Two of them were models, and then he had to see it because he had two outfit changes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then the last date was actual.
Speaker 2: Wait, so this was the problem. She held the prom for the school.
Speaker 1: No, so that's just the sendoff, Like that's wait, this is like what yes, the party like this is basically like the party, like you know how normally the sendoff is where kids take pictures with their friends and this.
Speaker 2: Camel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was supposed to be a Philly to Dubai. She was like she was going to for graduating because he's like he's a straight A student and he got a full scholarship. I think he plays like basketball or something like that, got a full scholarship to whatever school he's going to go to. So to celebrate him, she was going to send him to Dubai, but decided instead to bring Dubai to Philly. So I think she's a caterer. I think that's what she does for like a living. And at first, I'm not gonna lie. I was judging and I was like, what, this is crazy, this is so wasteful. But then when you read her story, you kind of understand, and you're like, I understand because so apparently this is a mother who I think three or four years ago she was that with cancer and was basically dying. They were like, you're not gonna make it, and she was just thinking of all the things that she was going to miss, and she was like, well, I'm gonna miss my baby's prom. I'm gonna just miss everything, and so they she was diagnosed with cancer, and then she was diagnosed with something else again where she couldn't walk, and he took care of her, and she told herself that if I lived to see him, she really didn't think she was going to live past graduation for him, if I lived to see him like graduating high school and go to prom. I don't care what it takes. I'm going to go all out because I don't know if I'm going to make it much further past that. You know. So she started saving back then when she was sick, and she has an affairly I guess a successful like catering business, and that's why. And so I kind of understood, you know. One I tried because I you know, like I had to check myself because so many people were like, you know, it's so quick to easily judge and be like, well with a waste what a this? People were saying stuff like I hope she's saved for I'm like, well, he has full scholarship. And and two somebody made no. And this is true because I went to I lived in Westfield, which is a largely Jewish population. I remember like one of my friends had her bomb Mitzvah like rented like a cruise ship and like it was huge, and we all got like these gift baskets that were like hundreds. I mean it was crazy.
Speaker 2: Let's in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I would say that, yes, And so I I estimate her parents her parents probably spent just as much and someone said that. They were like, you know, no one says anything when people spend that amount of money for Bob mitzvahs, then why can't Why can't we celebrate because anytime, it seems like anytime people of color, you know, put on get a Gucci bell, get a nice car or whatever, everyone's like, oh, this is what's wrong with black people? They probably yes, And so I was like, you know what, I had to check myself. I said, you know what, you're right, because I if like, if someone told me today, oh, someone spent fifteen thousand dollars on their child's MIXVA, I wouldn't. I'd be like, yeah, that's about like you know what I've heard before. So then why not this coming of age for her son? So would I spend the money in that way? No? But I could also understand it's basically to me, the prom this whole thing was a celebration of life for her, and I feel like she's you know, probably rolling in all his celebrations in one because she said even in like one of the articles, I felt so bad. She has lumps. She said in the article, she hasn't even told her son that they recently found some lumps in her mouth and she doesn't know it's looking like the cancer might have come back.
Speaker 2: I do have some advice for her to stop talking to the media. Yeah, so I'm like, your son read about your lumps in the media. Yeah, and anybody. I don't see why people even tell the media how much they spend on things. You know it's going to happen, don't give it. Don't give us a number. We're just going to take that number and put it in all the headlines and that's all anybody's gonna read about, because we all know no one reads past the first paragraph. But I'm glad you did because that, Yeah, it gives me a little bit additional perspective. I actually just read another quick story about it, and it sounded like they had like a family reunion, Like it was like a block party and like family came over and.
Speaker 1: Yep, she fed the whole and she kind of wanted to share that experience with not just her son, but everyone. It kind of was it was a party for like North Philly, and but honestly, if you get a cheat and I'm gonna try to share it on our page. There is this video of a woman from North Philly hilarious. So she's doing a video reaction. She was like, oh, so this lady thinks she won the prom. Oh, she didn't win the prom. See, I got eighteen years until I guess her daughter turns ready for the problem. When she's ready for the prom, So I'm getting her a unicorn and a dolphin. My daughter showing up in a in a wet suit like it was like, honestly, it was huh hilarious. I'm gonna share it on the page, but yeah, I just it won It helped to check me, because you know, my you need your reaction is to be like, oh, how wasteful. But then I thought, you know, well is it wasteful because because she's black, Like, why can't she spend that amount of money when I know that there are so many other cultures that spend similar amounts of money for coming up age parties, for their for their children. And I don't even blink an eye when I hear about it. And so I had to really like, you know, it's a nice little self check to say, Okay, and even if she wasn't, you know, cancer and all these other things, why should that still be something that she doesn't do you know, for her son and that's what she wants to do, and you know, like yeah, so I just thought like okay, like less judgment and just like but honestly, the son told his mother I think it's too much, and she was like, you'd be quiet. This is for me.
Speaker 2: I mean as a as a person who just spent tens of thousands of dollars on a wedding I can and feeling like it was worth every penny. I never thought I would get to that place. But to see your family together and to celebrate it when you're doing it for the right reasons and you're doing it exactly how you want it, it's a beautiful thing and should if you have the money, girls, spend your money. I saw Jessica Simpson on Ellen talking about her daughter's eight year birthday with like mermaids and crap. I'm sure like one of those mermaids costs twenty five g's real. So anyway, I will choose to take that with a positive spin, although I still feel like prom is like the worst.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got to break the internet with her prom dress and stuff. Yes, everyone prom proposals.
Speaker 1: What it's like, She's sending your daughter off as a girl come back as a woman, and then baby proms? Have you seen this? Like my godson Gabe, you know Drina my publicist, she's also my best friend. Her son is my godson and he's like two and he had a baby problem. It was so cute. So he had his little church you know, church suit on and like cute.
Speaker 2: Who hosted this baby prom?
Speaker 1: So he goes to daycare and so they had it a daycare. So everybody just dressed up in their little church outfits and eight cookies like they normally do, and played music and so parents can take pictures. So it was cute. But then I saw I posted on the facebook page on Brown Ambition there's some baby proms. I'm like, okay, some of the girls her dress like at two and three, really provocative.
Speaker 2: Why are we putting our babies and they had so much time before they have to be uncomfortable and worry about their bodies and make it. Why are you putting it on them? That's so young?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I posted it's a little girl on a yellow.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Beauty and the Beast thing. Oh I didn't know that was like a prom. I thought that was like Halloween.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that wasn't. That wasn't. I don't think I was beauty in the beast. It's she's next to this little boy who's wearing this little white tuxiedough with yellow I guess, like trim, and she herself was wearing like this really skin tight yellow like velvet draw It was a lot. I was like, oh, okay.
Speaker 2: A deep cleavage with nothing. Yeah, that kind of disturbed by it reminds me of the bell dress because it's so yellow. But yeah, yeah, he's not dressed. I was like, oh, okay, yeah, I'm not down for baby proms. I mean, do don't parents hate that shit? Like if you're a working mom and your daycare is like, oh yeah, you need to put your son in a three piece suit for the baby prom, Like if you have stuff to do, like my mom when she when she had four kids, single mom, like she couldn't do all that stuff and like I can only imagine like moms now or dads even like when you have one more and like they have like they have days where I think I read an article there was like a New York Times column where a mom said that she had to like her she had a note from the teacher saying that it was unfortunate that she didn't participate in Teacher's Favorite Color day where the kids had to wear the teacher's favorite color, and you know, her son was left out. And I'm like that, I don't know. I mean, I kind of get why schools need to to make things fun, but like, I don't know, man, daycare spending like thousands of dollars to pay car your kid not cause more trouble for you exactly.
Speaker 1: I will say this that like Drina's daycare, like she just they just were like, if you want them to wear you know, you know, wear a prom outfit, to just send it to them to school, the teachers would change them. I was like, what, because there's no way when I talk preschool, I'm not changing nobody one.
Speaker 2: For the teachers.
Speaker 1: No, the teachers, why change them? I said, Drina, I don't know what school. You said just so too, but it must be awesome because there's no way that me and one teacher's eight are changing fifteen kids into their Sunday's.
Speaker 2: Best and for what reason.
Speaker 1: Just to take pictures on a cray paper red carpet. Meanwhile, all the pictures of her son. He's crying reaching for her like oh my God, like oh me, because now that he's seen her, he was like, I don't care about this prom business. I want to go home. Yeah. No, it's just I just think that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be a lama's parent. I'm like, well, my mom didn't bring me cupcakes at school on my birthday, so here's your money for some snacks.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of her, like how what kind of mom would I be? I feel like I'm gonna be a tied mom, like I'm sad.
Speaker 2: The kind of mom who takes her stepdaughter to freaking Universal Studios on a whim. That stepmom ever will be my stepmom.
Speaker 1: You know supermoms, I mean super Supergirl's mom. I call her supermom. She was like, because she's in school to get her masters, and she was like, I got allays a semester.
Speaker 2: I know. I love how you guys made her drive you to the airport. She's a shady she real you guys have us a real have a real strong relationship.
Speaker 1: Did she offered? She's like, you want me to take you guys to the airport? Honestly, her mom supermom is like the best mom. You know, she's just great. We have like the three of us have like I mean, she's got a significant other.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: I don't see him really, I don't think I've ever met him, but the three of us have like a really good solid relationship.
Speaker 2: I can't even tell you how lucky Supergirl is because that is everything and it's so hard to do. You know, my parents had a messy divorce. I don't know. I'm still like that. It affects you so much as a kid, Like I can't even tell you in ways that you kids, you never let you see either. So such a good example for like co parenting is just warms my little divorced baby heart.
Speaker 1: Brown break Brown boost. What you're gonna do? Are you gonna break or boost? Choose to I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna boost. Okay, I'm gonna boost, and it's gonna I'm just gonna toot my own horn. Okay, two, it away too too, sorry in advance, I want to boost being a boss because it feels so good. Well, it's hard. It's very hard work because I manage people now and all that kind of stuff, and I've I'm not perfect. I've had to learn, you know, I made some hires, like brought on people that weren't so great, and you know, and I've had to like learn from those lessons and how to like find the right person for the right role or whatever. But I have become way more decisive when it comes to like like, uh, managing a team and knowing when someone isn't working and saying this is not working and here comes the acts and it has to go, and not feeling bad about it. And this happened recently where I had to let someone go and not a full time person. You know. Not a fan of the podcast hopefully, but I just and I but I feel like when I first started, and especially for like a boss who's coming in when a team is already in place, it's really hard. I don't know if you've ever been a manager anyone listening for been a manager and you've sort of like taken over someone's team and you come on and you may have to you know, get rid of some people or bring some new ones on. It's always you can feel kind of like like an outsider coming in and changing things up. But you know, I'm lucky to work where I am because they've sort of given me the space to grow the team from scratch that I'm growing, and to also get rid of sort of things that aren't working and bring into things that are working. And once I started to own that and own the fact that, Okay, I can make decisions. I can decide when something's not working. I can't wait for someone else to decide that for me, or do the dirty work, send the mean emails, send the you know, be the tough editor, all that kind of stuff. And I feel like the last year, it's been a year since I left Yahoo and enjoying Magnify, and so I've been reflecting on just the past year and how I've grown and what I can do better, And I have to say, like, I feel like it has been the development and the growth of coming into that sense of like leadership and that sense of yeah, I do kind of I do know what I'm doing, and I do have a sense of what I want, and I do know when it's not working, and I can, you know, and much more quickly make those decisions to stop than when it's not working than before.
Speaker 1: When you're kind of like that's being a boss is not easy, but you're right though, learning as you go and accepting the fact that you're not gonna be perfect, but you're definitely gonna get better. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I try.
Speaker 1: Ah, well, mine is a little shady. I'm taking a brown break, and it's gonna seem odd since I told you I had a good time, which I did on vacation, but I'm taking a brown break from fan vacations. Shah. I was like, wait a minute. This made me think to my parents and like, maybe want to call my parents and say I'm so sorry, because I'm sure I was terrible, especially with five kids. Well at LISTA it was a baby, so four kids on family vacation, so eighty five percent of the time it was awesome. But the fifteen percent that I was I said, what's happening? Is this how children act? Well, I mean like, it's not like I haven't been around kids. I'll give you an example.
Speaker 2: So other people's children are supergirl.
Speaker 1: Supergirl, I mean other people. I like, once the last day, I kind of took a step outside of our little group and I realized that every parent was losing their mind. I was like, oh, okay, they had one what And I saw it like Manuel, I've never heard more annunciation like tom nevva lissa, but every parent was trying so hard not to snatch their little kid up in front of company. Let me tell you, like, I'll give you an example. So it was like, I guess it's just that time of season where in Florida it rains, like after like five o'clock it starts to like rain. So we'd gone and we had an awesome day at Universal in the morning and the afternoon, and then afterwards, I was like, Okay, we can go to the pool, but the pool is outside, so we go, even though it's it was drizzling a little, and honestly I kind of didn't want to go, but I was like, I know she really wants to go, so fine, we'll go. Nobody was in the pool, and then the the lifeguard came up to us and said, oh, there's lightning in the area, so that's why the pool is closed. So I tell her, Supergirl, you know, we have to go because the pool is closed, and she was like why. I was like, there's lightning and she was like okay, and I'm like, well, you know, if lightning hits the water, you know, then you could get electrocuted. She was like okay. I said, super Girl, you have to get out of the pool, but I want to swim.
Speaker 2: But she's in the water.
Speaker 1: While this happened, I'm like, so now I'm like at a loss. I'm like, so what I'm like? But I said, water is a conductor and I went to explain. She said, I know what it can risks the sad. He proceeded to give me a science lesson breaking down the conductivity of water and electricity, and I was like, where's your father because I was like, I don't know what to do. If I was supposed to haul you out of the pool. I was like, you have to get at the pool. So then finally he came and she got out and just give me the side, like I'm willing to take the risk basically, And I was like, what is happening? And at one point, Superman we went on the ride and it made him like he wasn't feeling well. I guess it just made him really dizzy, and you know, like maybe like two years ago he had aneurysm surgery and so I was worried because he didn't look good and I was like, okay, So I told her we had one more ride to go on that we didn't go on yet, the Shrek ride. And I was like, you know, Supergirl, just give your father a minute. I don't I don't think he's feeling well. And she said, oh, he's okay, he just needs to go to the bathroom. And I just looked at her, like, just give us a minute, like and I said, well, I told her, I said, you know, Supergirl, you know we have to be kind because you know, if you're I was not feeling well, then that's more important than riding the ride. She looked at me like two and it had the attitude of our lifetime. And I was like, what's happening? And I was like, she was like, I want to ride this ride. Damn if he's dying. I was like, And the thing that like the straw that broke the camel's back. We went to eat eat that shake shack and I look over it. Yeah, they did it and it was so good. It was my first time ever having shakeshack.
Speaker 2: I never would Okay.
Speaker 1: And so we're like we're like eating, We're having a good time. And she was like, Tippy, look at look at my carving. This girl took She was wearing a sweatshirt and it was like I had little metal tips on the on the little draw stowing part of the sweatshirt used the metal tip to carve her name into the shake shack of table. Mandy.
Speaker 2: I was like, what is that?
Speaker 1: She was like my carving. Meanwhile, she's not fine, she's dead.
Speaker 2: I was like, so that's graffiti.
Speaker 1: Yes. I was like she had the nerve to be mad. I was like, you can't do that. She was like, it's not a big deal. It wipes away. I said, carvings don't wipe away. I thought Superman was gonna fly over that table. He was like, you're not supposed to do that. And she was literally angry at us for like how dare you check me? I mean like attitude going to the car, attitude in the in the in the elevator, like it's not a big deal. It was just my name and they can wipe away. And I was like what I know. So I had to text her mother because that is the one person that could get her all the way together. So I secretly text her mother, was like, super Supermom, I need you to call your daughter and get her together. And I told her some of her Shenanigans, and before I knew it that that phone was ringing on video call Ah, she took it off to the side, like I need to take this privately. Came back with a new attitude, happy girl, lucky, Hi dies. I said, sometimes that's what you need, supermom, to just get yourself together. And it was just like so who it was just a lot like other than like I said, it was fun. The park and everything was fun. I use groupon as your friend because in the evening, since we couldn't do anything because it was raining so bad, I just used groupon to find like fun activities, Like we did like this trampoline place where you could like jump all around, So we did that one night for like ten bucks apiece. And then we did like these video game thing where you like immersed yourself and like sat in a special chair and wore these special glasses to play this video games so you felt like you were actually in the game. We did that for like fifteen bucks one night. So you know, I made sure that we had fun. And like I said, eighty five percent of it was great, but that fifteen percent, I said, Lord, I know, I said, I want kids, but lord, I was just.
Speaker 2: A preview of teenage years. I know only go didn't get work.
Speaker 1: I would do that, I said, my god, So where do we.
Speaker 2: Traw the line between letting them feel themselves but feel themselves too much? Get it hard?
Speaker 1: Because it's not like like for me, I'm I'm always really mindful that this is not my child, you know, because I don't want to, you know, because it's not like she has an absentee parent. She's got two really great parents. So I'm always very hesitant about how, you know, how much to say because I feel like it's not my place. I don't know, honestly, it's hard. Like her mother always tells me, no, Tiffany, like you know, you're marrying superman, like she's yours now too, and I'm like yeah, and yeah, I'm not a yeller honestly, I'm not a like you know, so that doesn't happen. Like she doesn't really get spankings. I mean maybe on occasion her mother might, but that's not really she doesn't really need it, and so you know, and that's like my nature is not yelling and screaming anything anyway. But I always feel weird because you know, I just don't want to push her away because it's not like like I'm not mommy, I'm not daddy, you know what I mean. So it's always just this weird space where I'm like, let me just call your mom real quick. So that's been like my backup, like let me text your mama real quick.
Speaker 2: She can handles like a perfect way. I think you guys found your way to handle it. So you know, when it's like level ten, you know, behavior issues, you contact mom and then you handle like levels one through three. You know, like levels three through seven are Superman seven through ten, that's mom my territory like and like it was different for everybody.
Speaker 1: Like graffiti level ten, I was like, oh, they.
Speaker 2: Don't want my name on this table, but one day I'll probably be famous. So oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I was like what I was like, I can't wait to go back home.
Speaker 2: As one reformed brat to one budding bat. I acknowledge you. I see you, Supercurl. It's gonna be a rocky year for you, to rocky next eight years for you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Oh my god, huh yeah, just pray for me. Be a family.
Speaker 2: You're you're in our thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 1: Well, let's take care of their issues now, any any good questions in our in our inbox.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have a good question from l she'd like to remain anonymous. Insult and it's no miss lu. Miss Elle says, I'm a realtor, but wasn't working my business for a while, and now I'm in debt. I'm sixty three thousand dollars behind on my mortgage. I'm being sued for two accidents and in another twenty thousand dollars in debt, and right now I'm also about to send two of my kids off to college. One's going in, one's going in a year, and the other's going to go next year. I revamped my business, but I have no savings and no money in the bank. Is bankruptcy Chapter seven right for me? Mis Elda? What do you think she means I'm sixty to sixty thousand dollars behind in my mortgage.
Speaker 1: Meaning that she probably has not paid her mortgage and she owes it's probably over a year. Yeah, probably, I mean, depending what kind of how she has. YEP.
Speaker 2: I know bankruptcy sounds dra drastic and people are afraid of it, and it is something too. It is something to approach with caution. Obviously. I mean that takes what a decade for you to recover from a bankruptcy. I mean your credit is going to be crap for a while. But I feel like, yes, I feel yeah, sixty thousand dollars, you can't make your mortgage payments, you weren't bringing any money from your business, You have twenty thousand dollars in debt, two kids going off to college soon. I mean, obviously, I feel like you should, you know, reach out to someone you know who can maybe give you some more specific advice because maybe you have something else, you have other things going on, But I mean, I don't know what that amount of debt. Yeah, my my my instinct is to say, I think you should at least consider it. Yeah, you're right to be considering it.
Speaker 1: And also too, I mean when you're are your kids, like how is college going to be paid for? Like are they taking out student loans?
Speaker 2: Doesn't sound like she can afford to help them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean honestly, I would highly consider like like having your child really think about maybe spending the first two years at a community college. And this is what so a friend of mine did this. She went to community college, got straight a's and there's a college a community I don't know if it's Essex County, but oftentimes community colleges will partner with for your schools. So for example, Essex County partners with Rutgers where and I don't know if they still do this, but at the time, if you got straight days at Essex County College, you got a full scholarship to Rutgers, so, you know, so just looking at it differently, so at the end, you know, and then too, because it partnered, those were partner schools, they accepted those credits, so it wasn't like you were starting all over. Oftentimes, if you go from school to school, they don't take all your credits because they want their money, you know. But with you know, with Essex County, it's like Rutgers Newark is in Essex County and so they took those credits till you started off as a junior and now you have, you know, the next two years are free. And so really considering alternative ways of having your child go to school, it's gonna help tremendously. But yeah, I probably honestly would think about bankruptcy. But you want to get clear on what the ramifications of bankruptcy are.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that. So I feel like people think about bankruptcy and they're just like, oh, that sounds terrifying. Well I've been in it. I haven't been at bankruptcy, but I've had family members who followed bankruptcy, so I don't mind talking about it. So there are two types of bankruptcy, and I am referring to Magnify money. We have this awesome free Get out of Debt Forever guide online, so I am just cheating my way by reading our bankruptcy section to refresh my own memory. But there's two types of bankruptcy. Of chapter seven, which Miss l is talking about in chapter thirteen. The only the difference between the two is how how they treat your debt. So with chapter seven, you completely discharge your debt except for some things like student loans obviously and maybe child support. Chapter thirteen is completely different. It's when you actually repay your debt, but you come up with like a repayment plan for all your different debts and you have three to five years to basically pay them off, so you're not discharging your debt, You're going to pay them off over a certain amount of time.
Speaker 1: Is it doesn't like I think at chapter seven, don't you you might have to even liquidate some of your assets.
Speaker 2: Yes, Chapter seven. Yeah, so you may have to liquidate like your home or any property that you have, or a car. Even I know someone in Knew who filed Chapter seven bankruptcy had to get rid of their car. They didn't have to leave their home. I don't know. I don't know what. It depends on how much debt you have and how much you're in the in the red, whether or not you have to sell off your assets to be able to settle, because sometimes when they say, you know, Chapter seven allows you to discharge your debts, your creditors will probably petition the court and say, well, we don't want nothing, we want at least get something, and the court is going to decide who gets what. And the court may say, well, you know, you have a home with like fifty thousand dollars worth of equity, so you go ahead and sell that off and then give that fifty grand to I don't know, these credit card companies or this lender here or there. So every case is different and it can be nasty, like I and especially after the recession, of course, a lot more people than usual or filing bankruptcy, and the people a couple of people I know who file bankruptcy here on that time had had a really rough time in court because the judges were being super tough on them about what they owed and not being you knows as lax about letting certain debts be discharged.
Speaker 1: So you just want to be mindful that filing for bankruptcy is not like it's like, you know, years ago, it was an easy like kind of like clean slate. But that's not necessarily what it's going to be now, and and it might not be a bankruptcy thing, right because well because like for example, like I owed, I don't even know how much I owed a ton of money on my home, and so I didn't file bankruptcy. I you know, I don't I guess you don't file for foreclosure. I just you know, went through foreclosure. So although it's equally it's damaging to your credit report, I didn't file for bankruptcy. They just ended up taking the house, which obviously you have kids, so you don't want that to necessarily happen, but you might lose the house anyway.
Speaker 2: Get me a lot When people are like don't follow a bankruptcy. It's going to ruin your credit. I'm like, but if you're considering bankruptcy, chances are your credit you're.
Speaker 1: Here now exactly because if you're owing that much money on your mortgage, so you probably already your credit is already there. So just thinking about alternative ways if that not for the like the credit issue, but just making sure you're what's going to be least disruptive. Is it foreclosure, is it bankruptcy? Something is going to have to happen, but what's going to be least disruptive to your life? And meeting with someone A lot of times, like I think, like the United Way Here in New where I live, they have financial classes, but looking for nonprofit agencies that can kind of help you walk through your different options so you can make the best option, choose the best option for you, you and your family, and you're not choosing it just based upon the rest you know, and you're not choosing it based upon some company trying to sell you something you don't.
Speaker 2: Don't be sitting and watching TV at two am and call the infomercial hotline one eight hundred bankruptcy or whatever, because those places are going to ask you for like money upfront and all kinds of crazy stuff. We always referred people to the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, which can get you in touch with actual credit counselors, your nonprofit and won't charge you.
Speaker 1: I was just an FCC dot org, n SCC dot org, and that's f as in Frank, Frank, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's start with F and I wanted to go back because I know I jumped right in and I was like, yeah, consider a bankruptcy. But she mentioned her mortgage and being sixty thousand dollars in debt, so I don't she doesn't mention who her lender is. But lenders have gotten a little bit better. They should be a lot better, but have gotten better about working with homeowners who are in tour, who are having trouble paying off or paying their mortgage on time. And when you're that far delinquent, I think it's been at least I don't know, assuming your mortgage is like I don't know, a little less than two thousands, maybe a year or two. You've been missing your payments. This is the time when you have some I think a little bit of leverage, and you can contact your lender if you haven't already and asked them did they have can they help you with to negotiate a lower payment or or work something out like a loan, get you in a loan modification program so that maybe you can save your house and maybe even get you affordable payments or reduce your your interest rate or something.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that, like, I mean, it depends what your bank is, because my bank, who was terrible. I applied for modification like three times and was denied just because they're the devil. But you know, modification can definitely be something that's helpful because usually they set up some sort of payment plan for you, and if your mortgage is a place where you have like the most amount of debt, you might not need bankruptcy. Like if your debt is not so bad in other places and it's really just your mortgage, then you can be like, Okay, let's let me work directly with my mortgage lender to try to work something out, because you already had the first part of modification is not paying, So you got that down.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking. Yeah, I mean, you're kind of about that. They say, like, don't pay for a year, right, and then mm hmm, or.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes it's like three months, six months. Basically you have to prove that you need it. And so a lot of people are struggling but they still have managed to make payments, so they basically tell them to stop. But if you've not made payments and you stopped and you're that far in the hole, then working on a modification. I would try that first, you know, like call your bank and say, hey, I want to be considered for a modification. What are the next steps? But then also reach out to the NFCC dot org to get help on the credit end as well. Yeah, like bankruptcy is don't you don't have to throw it out the window, but it should not be the first thing you grab at because you still have options.
Speaker 2: And absolutely no matter what you do, something is going horribly wrong here with I mean, she mentions, you know, another twenty thousand dollars in debt, which could have been just you know, from when her business she started struggling, you know, being a realtor or whatnot, but she mentioned those two she's being sued for two separate incidences. Doesn't go into detail, but it sounds like the point when bankruptcy would be an option. You just sort of have all these different sort of debts and financial obligations sort of coming at you all at once, and you can't manage it all. And I don't know, it sounds like I understand why she's she's coming to this, but really encourage you to try. Try reaching out to the NFCC, try calling your bank, try calling your mortgage company, and just so that when you make this decision, you'd absolutely know that there was no other way.
Speaker 1: This was.
Speaker 2: This was you know, what had to be done. Yeah, and good luck to you and for anybody who's followed bankruptcy. I hope that we I mean, like, you don't have to feel bad about it. There is a path after bankruptcy. Yeah, your life does not have to be over. In fact, do you know the banks actually they market to people who have bankruptcies on their records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. They market to them, Like what as look, as you follow bankruptcy and you're gonna start to get so many credit card solicitations.
Speaker 2: They're like, so you're irresponsible debt and you pay.
Speaker 1: They're like, what you don't already wear credit card debt? That means you have plenty of space.
Speaker 2: It's pretty disgusting. Yeah, So that's why you know, when you after you follow bankruptcy, you've got to like get to the core issue of what's really going on? How did you get there and fix it or try to fix it so you don't end up. It's not a band aid. You know, you can't treat it like that. It's a big deal. And if you don't fix the underlying issues, whatever they may be, you may just find yourself winding up filing again down the road.
Speaker 1: Exactly, exactly suctly.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for your question, Elle. If you guys have questions, hit us up at Brand Ambition podcast dot com. Thank you, ma'am to ask us anything tab or you can shoot us a note directly at Brown Ambition Podcast all dot com.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know you're ready. I was taking a sweet of my lemon water bom all right, So it's time for all we do is when when win? No matter what you know, Brown Ambition is the best I need. Honestly, I'm gonna write a rap one day, even though I say that every time.
Speaker 2: But stick with the heads.
Speaker 1: Keep I know, but I always feel like the last line I don't I need to figure out what that closing line is for, just like you know, it's just it's a little pie hands go right and that. You know, we should have a we should have a you know how, like we have the segment like where I was singing uh s w V but it was supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, we should have listeners the tickles. I'm funny, people know.
Speaker 1: So many people tweet they were like Tiffany, please return your black card. I'm like, no, I want it, but like we should, you know how, like you never like usually it's me that knows, like all the like the pop references. I feel like we should have a segment like let's see what Manny knows the pop persons when I'm like, what about you know whatever? Like I don't know hip hop?
Speaker 2: Or just want to embarrass me that now.
Speaker 1: I love to see it, Like does Manny know about what happened on Love and Hip Hop this week?
Speaker 2: He doesn't know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know what we're gonna, Larry, I'm gonna think of something.
Speaker 2: Mandy rewatched season three of America's I Mean Great British Bake Off, so rewatched it, watched it once, and watched it again and cried like I did the first time. It's a beautiful ending, Nadia one. Sorry spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: I guess all right, so it's time for wins. I'm going to hmm, I think I'm gonna do my win is that I This is week five for me at the gym consistently, like you know, like back to back. I've been going five days a week, which I can't even believe. I'm like, who who am I I'm not gonna lie though. I stuck up the scale today and it raised by two pounds. I was like, what the hell? But whatever I say, I know, but also too, I think I'm like loaded. Sorry Jamal, so yes, but you know, I told myself that that working out I really wanted to be a lifestyle and so like you know, I really took to heart, like when we had our last talk about working out, and I've been adding little goals every week. Like week one, it was like just go, you know, get your twenty minutes of cardio, don't worry about anything else. Week two, I added a little something extra week three, So now I'm up to like a full workout now that it's week five, and I'm up to a change in my diet, like I'm but like real change, not like a diet. You know, like I always liked smoothies, but I was lazy about making them. So now I make my green smoothie in the morning for breakfast. I tell myself, like, I eat way more fruits and vegetables, especially vegetables, which I like anyway, but being more conscious of that, I switched out. I wasn't really big on like bread anyway, so I was just like, I just took that out because bread is not that's not huge for me, but rice certainly was. I'm African, so you know me, we love some rice. So I switched out quiwa for rice, and so just like really making changes to my diet that are sustainable. So I'm like, and I'm gonna take that as a win because I'm like five weeks, five times a week, even though like I will say, like I definitely feel like I've lost inches and well except for today because I was like, what is the stomach? But whatever? This is like I said the blotation, but I feel good though. That's real. I know what I'm like. Literally, I woke up and I'm like, is there is there a person in here? Like alien? Like the movie or like the alien comes down. It's like, oh, I was like, oh my gosh, come back, Tom, come back. Maybe Mandy Wind won't be as crazy. No, but honestly, yeah, just for I really have to commend you guys that work out regularly and stick to it, because I'm not gonna lie like like I hate it every morning, you know, so people like, oh, you get used to it. Yeah, I'm still waiting every morning. I cuss, I fuss, I say, I'm not going as I'm putting on my socks on my sneakers. I lay out my clothes, thank goodness the night before.
Speaker 2: That's the key, Yeah, making it, removing all the barriers. Clean socks can't go right. That's me every all the time because.
Speaker 1: I put by literally my sneakers, like even now I'm looking, my socks are inside my sneakers. My headphones are charged, my phone is charged, my keys are downstairs. I mean like literally I put everything because I know me, I I can't find my key. I'm just gonna lay on the couch. And so it's just been it's not been easy. But I'm like, you know what, I'm really determined to transition into a healthier lifestyle, and I don't know that I'll keep up five days a week. I probably will peter off till three days, but for now because I'm really trying to like, you know, jumpstart my metabolism and blah blah blah that you know, probably for the next couple of months, I'll still do five days as much as possible, but eventually I want to get to a space where, you know, I'm doing just three days a week and that's just life. Like my sister Tracy is like that. She's never not worked out, you know, She's always maintained just like her Her basic weight has been the same since college. She doesn't like eat like you know, she's not a vegan or whatever. It's just that she's never swayed too left or too right. She's always worked out, like you know, three days a week. Same thing with my dad. And so I'm like, I want to get to that space where I'm not trying so hard. It's just part of life. So that's my win, you know, keeping up with this damn exercise good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five weeks is amazing, so I have respect. I know how hard it is, so good for you. Thank Yeah, I'm not on that level yet, but my win is also fitness related because I don't know if you guys know this, but I have a past. Before I was half of Brown Ambition, I used to have a bike blog, Yes I used to. It was called The Bike Rider wri I T. And I was sort of a semi biking celebrity in New York City because when I first moved here in twenty ten, New York City wasn't as bike friendly as it is now, Like there weren't bike lanes everywhere.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I used to be out in those mean streets, you know, in all the honking cars, like fighting for my territory. And I used to do like one hundred mile bike tours, and you know, I did a ride to Montak where you ride all the way across Long Island to the end and all this stuff, and I was like really really into it and it was awesome because well, the reason I got into biking one I moved here and I had like no money, and I remember I had to pay for a monthly subway pass and a monthly Metro North pass, which was like three hundred dollars plus the hundred bucks for the Metro the subway pass, and I couldn't afford both because at the time I was working upstate in Westchester. So I was like, well, how can I save money, I'm going to buy Like I bought like an eighty dollars steel cruiser on Craigslist. And then instead of taking the subway, I biked everywhere. So I biked a Grand Central station, parked my bike there, and then took the train to work in the morning. And biking was like my cheap way of getting around New York is how I like didn't take the subway ever when I first moved here now anyway, So but in the past couple of years, I just in the past year, especially when we moved to Inwood, you know, my bike was like all dusty and like I'd never really used it because I had to like go five flights of stairs to work every day and I was like twelve miles from the office now. But anyway, I went, we went. I live in Jersey City now, and we went. I picked up my bike from my in laws apartment, brought it home, and I participated in a fifteen mile like bike tour and in Jersey City that there's like a biking community here and they put it on once a year and I just like luckily happened to see a flyer and it was the best stay ever and I felt so good. I felt like my self again. I was like, I saw.
Speaker 1: You with the bike. I was like, look at the Indy. That's me.
Speaker 2: That's like old Mandy, that's the MANDI you never knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like I thought, I'm like, who are you? I don't even anymore. No, that's awesome the bike rider. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. And it was such a fun tour I didn't. I just love Jersey City because like it's so diverse. Man, I've never I don't know, it's just and you take it for granted living in Jersey and living in New York. But just it was beautiful to see like so many different people, some ages, races, ethnicities, just out there just biking and just having a damn good day. And like all we were just all around Jersey City and everyone came out of their houses and was waving and it was like it was just such a positive, fun way to spend afternoon. And I'm into it. So no, of course I have to take zero to like one hundred. So I went and signed up for one hundred mile bike tour for September. Oh, so excited the New York City. This is a New York City Century tour, which I'd done twice, but I haven't done it in like three, three or four years. Say, it's one hundred miles and it's epic, and it's like a ten twelve hour day biking NonStop, and you will literally have to sit on a pillow for like a week after.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask that, how is your bottom?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, my my bottom hurts bad today because i haven't biked in so long, so I'm not conditioned. But like if you actually bike every day, So I decided I've been using it. I've been saying, oh, I can't bike to work because I live in Jersey City. Now there's an entire river between me and there's no bridge. There's no bridge down where I am in southern New Jersey to get to Is this a southern New Jersey, southern Southerner than up by Bergen like where the George Washington bridges.
Speaker 1: I guess, no, you this is North Jersey.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm southern. I'm south of the GW Bridge. It would make no sense for me to bike all the way to that bridge to go eleven miles down Manhattan anyway, but there's a ferry. So I'm gonna start biking and taking the ferry across town, across the river to Lower Manhattan and just biking to work from there because I want to get back on the bike. I don't want to because right now my commute is almost too easy. I have like four stops and I'm on the train and I'm like off, and I don't really walk as much anymore, and I feel like I don't know, but I'm now at summertime and I'm just gonna I'm gonna try it out and then that'll be my built in That'll be my built in workout in the morning.
Speaker 1: Now. I know, like there used to be like a Newark bike club where they just used to like bike around. And I told myself I was good because I honestly I was never like a biker biker, but I mean I like to ride my bike. And I was like, I don't know how it is.
Speaker 2: I don't have any fancy equipment. You know, there's a scary bikers. We're not. You don't have to be a scary biker. Yeah, But like I did it in address one year, Like, that's what that was the That was the reason I started my blog because I wanted to show that you don't have to be like in the tight shorts and get the fancy shoes and get like the helmet with the rear view mirror attached to it. Like you don't need all that crap. You just seed a bike and your legs and that's it.
Speaker 1: There used to be a bike shop at Newark that you used to actually like take old bike tree fird, but she gives them to kids. I wonder if it's still around.
Speaker 2: Cute bikes.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, you're gonna have any one to get on because I used to roll a blade.
Speaker 2: And we should do a We should do a bike ride. Oh it'd be so much fun. Get Supergirl, get Superman, come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah she's no, she's not. I'm just saying, like in my mom I'm like, yeah, Supergirl a break, yo. We got out the car, like I was like Superman told Supergirl, yeah, you don't have to actually get out of the car. She's like, Daddy, don't give you a kids. She was like, just throw it through the window. So she threw she blew a kiss and he caught it. In the air. It was like seeing a borrow. I was so fluid, and he ran into the house and threw himself into the bed and try to sweep. I know, no, but honestly, I think that biking sounds like fun. I I yeah, I would actually like the bike. I think it's a great form of exercise. And actually it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And you get to see the city. I saw parts of Jersey I never knew existed. So that's a last way to explort. And if you're new to a town like I wasn't moving to New York, It's like, I can't think of a better way to get to know your way around, and and and and get in shape in the process. Okay, biker's beauty, as a biker's booty is a real thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I have enough booty for everybody, so.
Speaker 2: That just means to be good at it.
Speaker 1: All right, all this Patty Jamala is like, all right, I can't all right, y'all brown ambition. It's been awesome as per usual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see you guys next week. And we have a turning guest. Our Fairy Money Godmother is back on the show next week. Miss Lenette Califani Cox. So you do not that. I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: About the guests coming up too after that? Right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, are we confirmed? Is it happening?
Speaker 1: Yes? If you're a No Madness fan. If you don't know what No Madness is, you'll find out soon enough.
Speaker 2: You with these caesers tonight thought I think right, people are like girl, I could just google it.
Speaker 1: You could, but I'm just saying that's happening too. I know, write two guests back to back. That's like so unlike us, look at us being social.
Speaker 2: So hopefully forgive us or forgive me for having to poll last last week's show. But we are not slowing down for the summer. We'll be here every week. Yes, we will tell a friend.
Speaker 1: And then tell a friend and also leave a review.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, please leave reviews. You guys have We have over two hundred reviews. Keep them coming. Yeah, and never enough. The more reviews we have, the more people can find our show, the more cool guests we can have, and it's just great to spread the brown ambition love.
Speaker 1: And don't forget we have a Facebook page, so you know you can fend all of our random, random shenanigans things that we find interesting brand ambition stuff on our Facebook page, like we always are, picking like really fun, serious and in between posts and articles and stuff that's mine
Speaker 2: Until next week.