Speaker 1: Second date update. We got an email for a second date update from one of our listeners named Gabe, who says he brought along some friends on his first date. Apparently Gabe did not get a kiss, but one of his friends did his date. I'm not sure, but all I know is now he wants our help. So Gabe, what's up man? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, happy to be on. Thanks for taking a call.
Speaker 3: You are a chipper man, I try to be Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: We'll get into the details every date in just a second here, but first, tell us a little bit about the woman that you went out with. What's her name? Where'd you meet her? What's her net worth? Give us give us a rundown.
Speaker 2: Her name is Noel, a very very pretty blonde girl. We met on a dating app and we met up to this really great pizzeria in town.
Speaker 4: I was hoping he was going to give her net worth.
Speaker 2: But she wouldn't tell.
Speaker 1: Okay, stubborn.
Speaker 2: So we got some Hawaiian pizza.
Speaker 4: Oh controversial that you both like Hawaiian.
Speaker 2: You don't find that many people out there who like it.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I know, real pizza, No it is.
Speaker 1: I love it too, you're not getting into this discussion during this second day pizza. No, we're not. We're not doing it. Let's just focus on your date, Gabe. Okay, tell us more about the horrible pizza that you guys share.
Speaker 2: We had a bunch of that delicious pizza, and you know, like you said, I did bring out my friends. You know, it's said specifically in my profile that this is who I am, what I'm about.
Speaker 4: Wait, what do you mean? You're about Hawaiian pizza with friends?
Speaker 2: So I am a professional amateur impersonator.
Speaker 4: Professional amateur also got me lost? That was on your profile.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and you match.
Speaker 1: So your your friends aren't actual people, they're puppets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is correct, yes, bar I see are you you're like a ventriloquist or something too, Like you make the puppets talk.
Speaker 2: Not so much ventrillo quid as it is just like a performance. Like sometimes I'm behind like a fake rock or something, or I'm inside a really uncomfortable couch and I do muppet voices and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm just trying to picture this now. So you're in a pizzeria with your your muppet friends now joining you at the table say you say you do the voices too? Oh yeah, yeah, can you give me like a sample of how that date would go?
Speaker 2: So naturally I brought out Kermit the Frog first. That's how you break the ice. Though it was, hey, how are you doing? Are you enjoying the date? I see you're not eating as many as of the pineapple as he is. Okay, you know he was trying to gasp me up a little bit, but.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay's cute. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think of Kermit as like a typical like charmer of women, though he seems kind of shye.
Speaker 4: No, I think Hermie smooth.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, you know, no one's expecting Kermit. Everyone wants you to go with fazzier animal or someone crazy, But bring Kermit when you want to show a little heart.
Speaker 4: How did she react to Kermit?
Speaker 2: She was laughing, she was having a good time. Then naturally I brought out Miss Piggy so that there could be a bit of a back and forth. You know, we had a double date for a little while.
Speaker 4: And how did Miss Piggy sound?
Speaker 2: Kurmy, I think he's doing exceptionally well on this state To bother them, they're doing their own thing.
Speaker 5: Cant it rock?
Speaker 4: I think that's a I love it.
Speaker 2: You're just good enough And I could totally tell which one you're doing.
Speaker 4: So you're sitting at the table, do you have muppets? Like, do you have the actual dolls with you? Or is this just voices?
Speaker 2: I have two bags worth, So it looked a little weird because I just had two Duffel bags with me. Wow, But it seemed like the whole restaurant was actually having a good time along with it, because more often than not, when you bust out two muppets, people are gonna take notes. So yeah, no, I mean the thing.
Speaker 4: Is if she was laughing through it, women love humor. But how long did it go for?
Speaker 2: I was wondering, not too Yeah, this is like forty five to fifteen in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an intermission where she got to go to the bathroom and then come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did say, you know, I went to the bathroom once and I was like, hey, if you're just gonna like leave right now, I totally get it, no stress. But well and behold, she was still there when I came back.
Speaker 5: To walk out.
Speaker 1: They did did you ever get to know anything about Noel?
Speaker 2: Yeah? She she's in the pharmaceutical I guess that's that's what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's aching them.
Speaker 4: It sounds like she's a drug addict.
Speaker 2: She steals all the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Gabe. Normally I would ask our listeners if there was any awkward moments that happened during the date. I feel like I don't need to ask. The whole day was.
Speaker 2: There was one funny moment when Kermit and Miss Piggy started arguing over the pizza. You know, it got heated.
Speaker 3: Let me get miss Piggy not a fan of pineapple on pizza, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miss Piggy was not having the Canadian bacon. She got midway through with Splice just.
Speaker 5: Went wait, what's on this frog?
Speaker 2: Like naturally, Kermit did.
Speaker 1: I could see that throwing a wrench in your date. For sure. You said though, that one of your friends got a kiss.
Speaker 2: So admittedly I kind of went for a kiss. I may have been a little quick to the shot because I had a Kermit on me still, and she instead, you know, went to go kiss Kermit, which I get it. I get it, that's how it goes sometimes.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure Miss Piggy didn't feel good about that either.
Speaker 2: It was one heck of a car ride home.
Speaker 1: I'll say, two women upset at you after your date. Well, I'm imaginings are moving on.
Speaker 3: Their So.
Speaker 1: How long has it been gave since you and Noel last spoke.
Speaker 2: It's been like a week week and a half. You know. We said we were gonna set up like a brunch or something afterwards. Like she seemed really into the idea. I texted her a bunch of times, but I still haven't heard anything back. I just kind of.
Speaker 3: Tell her that the puppets wouldn't come on the second date I did.
Speaker 2: I said, maybe it's mostly just Gabe this time.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have a lot to work with here, Kermit, what do you think we should do in this situation? I think we should perhaps play a song really quick and then come back and call Noel and try and get your second date update. That's what Kermit does, right.
Speaker 5: That was great.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll come back and we'll call them well for a second date update right after this update. If you're just joining us, one of our listeners, Gabe went out for pizza with a woman named Noel recently, and they were joined by some of his friends. Kermit and Miss Piggy because Gabe is a quote professional amateur puppets here actually yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've already got over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: It's an issue.
Speaker 1: He actually brought along some of his muppets with him and basically put on a show at the pizzeria. Yeah, and we heard a lot about what the puppets said and did and eight. But Gabe, we never talked about alcohol on the date. Was Kermit getting turned.
Speaker 2: Maybe not Kermit, but Gabe was for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, drink iced tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I mean names the thing is, Gabe, do you have any regrets about your Muppet show?
Speaker 4: I mean it went on forty five minutes long.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I like that. A man that stands behind its people, that's confidence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, women respond to that. So it's been a week and Noel is still not calling you back. On a scale of one to one hundred percent, what are the chances that the reason she isn't calling you is because of the puppets.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I'm gonna say fifty.
Speaker 4: Fifty to fifty. Okay, choice pretty good.
Speaker 2: I can see that someone's either gonna be oh, that's so funny and cute?
Speaker 1: Are they're going to be like, dude, it's a date.
Speaker 2: I wasn't feeling that there's no one between Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's find out which fifty percent it lies on. We're going to dial Noel's number right now. We're going to get your second date update.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: You know at the end of the day it was on my profile, she knew what she was getting into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no regrets, all rights, That's what Kermie would say.
Speaker 1: The number right now here we go. Hello, Hi is this Noel? Yes, hey, Noel. My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How are you doing? Who is this from a morning radio show? It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Okay, cool, thank you, Thanks for listening, or at least knowing someone that else someone else. Let's listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't know what you want.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'll just get right to it.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 1: This is a segment that we do call the second Date Update. That's where if you go out with one of our listeners and afterwards, if you're not calling them back, they reach out to us to call you. So we can help them figure out the reason why. Okay, okay, well again, my name is Jeff like the namesake Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: I'm jeff you are, but who was the guy?
Speaker 3: Because Jeffrey, you're making Jeffrey so nervous for some reason.
Speaker 6: As awesome, I mean.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of you guys talking. I try to get to the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, sorry, I don't want to waste your time here.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: The listener that.
Speaker 6: We're calling working.
Speaker 1: The listener's name is Gabe. Do you remember going out with Gabe?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He actually called you guys.
Speaker 5: Did because Gabe, it makes sense he would do something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what you mean, because he must have too much time on his hands?
Speaker 5: Makes sense?
Speaker 3: Can I just ask because he said that you guys met on a dating app. When you saw on the dating app that he was a professional amateur puppeteer, what were you thinking?
Speaker 5: I was fine with it. So I'm into theater, Okay, I like you colectic out.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're kind of excited about the date.
Speaker 5: Then, yeah, but he took it too far?
Speaker 1: Which which part of it went too far?
Speaker 6: Is the whole thing from beginning to aid?
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're talking about the pizza. The pizza was way over the line.
Speaker 6: No, dummy, that's fine. I don't care about the pizza.
Speaker 5: About the puppet.
Speaker 3: Can you describe the date from your perspective, because the way he describes.
Speaker 4: It, it sounds like a quirky.
Speaker 3: Fun night of a puppet performance in pizza like it sounded really innocent.
Speaker 5: That would be fine. That was the truth.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't get quirky. So what's the truth? What was it really like?
Speaker 5: Okay, so from the beginning it was okay.
Speaker 6: I wasn't really surprised because that's what I read in his pull file. But I just don't like it shouldn't have to be on a date.
Speaker 5: Joe weird off the back. That's why he's singles. If that's what he's been doing.
Speaker 4: Well, he walked in with two Duffel bags full of puppets.
Speaker 5: Yes he did.
Speaker 6: And I didn't know if he was going to bomb the place or pull out a credit card out of the air.
Speaker 5: I don't know, weird.
Speaker 3: So when you got to the first puppet character, what was your reaction?
Speaker 5: That was okay. I was like, okay, let me just endure this and embrace this. It was cute. It was cool to comit the mistiggy thing or whatever. That was fine, But.
Speaker 6: Then when he the other puppet was like this mafia guy. I think it's Joe Lavender. I don't know why he's called the Lavender Like Lavender is supposed to be peaceful. Okay, you know how when somebody has the puppet, he's speaking into the puppet, and the guy was harassed, kind of suggestive, like he's gonna put me in a Monty bag and he tried to kiss me.
Speaker 2: So what's the romans.
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Who is talking on the good name of Joe Lavender and Joe Lavendar.
Speaker 5: I believe on the other line, like ye, Noel.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to let you know at a time when it was convenient that gabe'sman on the other line listening and wants to talk to you. But it sounds like Joe Lavender might be.
Speaker 5: Talking weirding my song.
Speaker 2: I'm mafia esque. I'm not involved with no bodies or no things.
Speaker 5: I'm just.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 4: She didn't like Joe Lavender. Why would you be doing Joe Lavendar? Did you not hear what she said?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I cannot believe you would do this.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Just after shared Hawaiian slices.
Speaker 5: This is the dish respect that you are paying me.
Speaker 3: Well, can you stop?
Speaker 4: Can you stop Joe Lavender?
Speaker 1: Yeah, put Joe Lavender back in the bag, and we'd like to talk to Gabe please.
Speaker 5: Hey, oh, hey, guys, Hey guys, what's up?
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back here?
Speaker 5: Give me off. This phone is here. We'll get you off weird and it's a waste of my time.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'd be useful to help Gabe be a better data in the future, if you can a therapist.
Speaker 3: She brings up a good point gave Gabe. Are you listening to anything she just said? Could you have an apology? I mean she was offended.
Speaker 2: What I will say, Noel, I'm sorry that's how you feel it went. I offer no apologies and not just my puppets.
Speaker 5: I listen. I'm glad you want to be yourself. I hope it works for your future.
Speaker 1: That's a nice way to say, threw off.
Speaker 3: So, Noel, I'm guessing you don't really like Gabe that much.
Speaker 6: I mean, no, I try to, and it just went too extra bizarre, too extra bizarre hashtag day.
Speaker 1: I'm sensing a lot of there's a lot of friction here. Obviously, But friction is what you need to create a spark, and sparks it's a fire.
Speaker 3: Is this where you're going to ask, Well, if she wants to go out again, I would love I'm.
Speaker 5: Not going out with him again.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe if you won't go out with Gaye, but maybe you'll go out with Joe Lavender. Can we put Joe Lavender on the line.
Speaker 2: Joe, yes, Joe Lavender is here. It's lonely at the top. It's lonely at the top.
Speaker 6: Only at the bottom because you're weird?
Speaker 1: Is going very well?
Speaker 5: Frankly, I can't.
Speaker 2: He was censoring himself quite a bit.
Speaker 5: That was holding back that day.
Speaker 2: After midnight, it's a whole other story.
Speaker 1: I don't know to know what happens with the puppets after midde.
Speaker 6: You never see him on the next special about being a weird puppet murderer.
Speaker 2: Hell no, that is a compliment and I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Okay, I'm leaning up all right, thank you for your time. Ready, Oh my god, you can hang up now.
Speaker 1: Noel O, Gabe, it doesn't seem like she was the best match for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, there are a lot of fish out in that sea and I plan on swimming.
Speaker 1: Really, I would.
Speaker 3: Say, good luck, maybe rework that whole Joe Lavender character a little bit more.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think I think Joe is pretty good. I think it's everyone else with the problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, Gabe, man, if you hear a knock at your door later, it's not because I had somebody go over to check you out, to make sure that you're you know, Okay.
Speaker 2: No need to worry.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I'm on the radio.
Speaker 2: Disni, you gonna get a show now, y.
Speaker 1: You know what, Joe, you can take over from my position because I'm obviously terrible at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. This is broken Joe in the Morning, puting them tunes from morning until the
Speaker 3: Good Luck pass pass, brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.