Speaker 1: Welcome to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM paranormal podcast network. I'll get ready for another episode of Beyond Contact with Captain Wrong.
Speaker 2: The thoughts and opinions expressed by the host our thoughts and opinions only, and do not necessarily reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of.
Speaker 3: Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. You are encouraged to do the proper amount of research yourself, depending on the subject matter and your needs.
Speaker 4: Hey everyone, it's Captain Ron and each week on Beyond Contact, we'll explore the latest news in ufology, discuss some of the classic cases, and bring you the latest information from the newest cases as we talk with the top experts.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Beyond Contact. I am Captain Ron, and today we're going to be speaking with Jay Christopher King. Jay's the co founder of the Inquire Anomalist conference series. He's also the co founder of the newly formed production company on Tocolyps Productions, who are gearing up right now for the release of their new docuseries called The Beyond UFOs and a New Reality. Jay is also the co founder and the director of the Experiencer Group, which is a private online community dedicated to supporting people who've had anomalous experiences of all kinds. In fact, Jay does a mini version of his experience or group sessions live for us every year at Contact in the Desert, and we really appreciate him being part of our team. It's great to see your brother.
Speaker 6: How are you, Oh, it's wonderful to be here. I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: How are you doing, Ron, I'm doing good. We're getting ready to dial in for next year. Fantastic far away, but it's going to come up quick, you know how.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, it sure is. Every year gets a little bit quicker as we get older.
Speaker 5: Incredible, it's incredible. It's like this time dilation like an experiencer would have we're having now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: It's so true, it's so true.
Speaker 5: So man, You've had a lot of experience dealing with different experiencers, working directly with them, talking with people who claim to have had firsthand experiences with all sorts of anomalist phenomena, specifically with regards to those who say have had a contact with let's call it an alien being. I want to ask you do you see the same sort of accounts over and over. Are there similar tent poles to each of these accounts or do they vary?
Speaker 6: That's a great question, Thanks Ron. They do very somewhat, but yeah, I have dealt with hundreds of people that have had either contact events or sightings. With regard to nhis and UAPs, there are ten poles in terms of people seeing grays, either short grays or tall grays. More people see short grays than tall grays. If they report having been in kind of like the medical situation or on a craft or something like that, it seems much more likely for them to see a tall grade than a short gray. People report similar medical devices, and some of those devices are much less reported in media, kind of don't make it to movies or TV shows and things like that. As far as other characteristics that are similar a lot of As you were mentioning, time dilation, time dilation is an effect that it happens often where people think that they experience something and it seems like only maybe four minutes have past, and in fact it was two or three hours. Or sometimes it happens the other way, where something seems to have taken a very long time but it's actually pretty short when they look at the clock.
Speaker 5: It seems to me like in three D life, time is often distorted with any traumatic experience you ever see, Like someone has a car accident, it'll be three seconds for the car accident. But when they describe it and they'll do a reenactment oftentimes on these shows, and they said it felt like twenty minutes. I wonder if that's sort of a similar thing going on, that this is a traumatic experience, therefore time gets manipulated in our head.
Speaker 6: I think that there's a strong correlation there. Yeah, And I think that that's a really good observation run people for years have commented on missing time. For example, I mean that's the title of Bud Hopkins' classic book, one of the first books on abduction experiences in general, Missing Time, from nineteen eighty one. The thing is is that people that have all sorts of trauma have missing time. There's a little bit of confusion there because for years people assume that, oh, these powerful beings with their mysterious craft that looks so weird, they must be able to erase our memories. But in fact, if we look at medical data, we can erase our own memories, and we do all the time when things are just too challenging or too stressful for us. So there's really, you know, no pun intended, but a gray area here where we have our own recycle button, you know. And then there seems to be a situation where these other beings may be able to manipulate our memories as well.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of these experiencers have dealt with different phenomenon as well, and I wanted to ask you if you think they have the experience that they say it is, or if they could be experiencing something different, a different type of phenomenon, but they're putting perhaps their own lens on it, you know, through their own use of labels or whatever, because we don't know what to call this stuff because it's all unknown, and going back through history, we have reports of people saying they saw fairies come down from the trees, but somebody has a similar experience today might call it I saw an alien come down from the sky. What do you think Are they having the same kind of experience and they're putting different labels or words on it, or do you think these are distinct phenomenon.
Speaker 6: That's a great question. I think that there is kind of a vind diagram of these experiences. A very famous case that comes to mind is one of the key events in Our Lady of Fatima. The Portuguese sightings from the early part of the twentieth century. There are thousands and thousands of people that had these sightings that were in Portugal and would see this luminous spinning plate looking sun moving around the sky before these children would see these beings. There's a lot of challenging interpretations of that particular case because even among the three children that would have this sighting of what seemed like it was maybe the Virgin Mary. That's kind of the popular conception of it. When you actually look at the descriptions and Portuguese of like what this woman looked like. She was actually very small, she didn't have the traditional appearance of Mary per se, and the smallest child actually said that the being wasn't a woman at all. It sometimes appeared to be like a non human.
Speaker 5: Wow. Right, fascinating and from that long ago, see that's right, that's example, Jade, nice, pull that out of your brain. That's very good man.
Speaker 6: People that would gather for these sightings, they would sometimes hear something that sounded like a swarm of bees. That's another kind of secondary phenomenon that people report in close contact experiences with UFOs as well. Some of the children at the Rua Aerial School sighting in nineteen ninety four reported a very similar sound seventy seven years later. All right, okay, what does this tell us about perception? And is there something about our brains that kind of like filter this in in a certain way that starts to adopt certain characteristics Or if we see something that's that strange or is coming in from what have you, another dimension outside of our typical realm of perception, whatever that is, is there something in our brains or are in our sensory organs that bring in some of these aspects.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: For example, Nick Cook, who I'm sure you know Nick Cook calls these figures rogue icons, and I like that where he doesn't call it, you know, a religious figure, he doesn't call it a gray he doesn't try to put a name on it. He calls it a rogue icon, almost as if it's like a chess piece that's like coming in from some other realm and that we just need to have kind of like a more general placeholder term for something like that.
Speaker 5: I totally agree with him. I think that's part of the problem. And you can imagine how back then at Fatima it was probably a much more religious society, and they framed it immediately. They might, well, it must be Mary, where today you might jump to it might must be an alien. Right. Yeah, I get angry because people often jump to it must be an alien way prematurely from my view. Let me ask you this, Jay, do you do you think that any of these stories you hear have more of a three D terrestrial explanation, like maybe it's a misunderstood dream state or misidentification of a projection on a wall, or somebody's imagination kind of getting away from them. What do you think I think that does happen.
Speaker 6: You know, it is important to remember that that some people really do have very severe mental illnesses, and that some people you know, suffer from delusions and they can be perceptual hallucinations, and that some people, especially maybe if they have profound drug or alcohol issues, especially you know, drug issues. I don't know many people that drink and then see things, you know, that's not usually a situation that happens like that, But some drugs will produce hallucinatory effects. Of course, you know, I'm not a pharmacologist, but I would imagine that there are some prescribed drugs that might lead someone towards more hallucinations than others. And at the same time, there is such a uniformity and going back decades and like we're talking about even centuries with similar phenomena that we just want to put a name on. Luminous shield shaped craft coming down from the sky. I mean, this goes back to the Roman era, it goes back beyond that even and there's something to it. You know, if we look in old Celtic and fairy lore, there's a lot of tales of strange beings and ships coming out of the water, and that really mirror a very contemporary, almost like a fashionable thing to talk about these days within UFOs, which is usocases and trans medium craft.
Speaker 5: Look how you said they called it shields because it looked like a shield. That was their frame of reference. And I think it's been going on throughout time that this is such an unknown thing for the human experience that we don't know how to describe it because we don't have the vocabulary for it. When we come back We're going to talk to Jay about what he thinks some of these experiences may be originating from you're listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network.
Speaker 3: My name is Mark Rawlins, president of Paranormal Day dot Com. Over five years ago, George Nori approached me with a unique concept, a dating site for people searching for someone with interest in UFOs, ghosts, bigfoot, conspiracy theories, and the paranormal. From that, Paranormal Day dot Com was born. It's a unique site for unique people and it's free to join to look around. If you want to upgrade and enjoy more of our great features, use promo code George for a great discount, so check it out.
Speaker 7: You got nothing to lose Paranormal Day dot com.
Speaker 8: Hey the Coast to Coast Go Tom dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The Internet is an extraordinary resource that links our children to a world of information, experiences, and ideas and also can expose them to risk. Teach your children the basic safety rules of the virtual world. Our children are everything, Do everything for them.
Speaker 5: We are back on Beyond Contact. Jay. Let me ask you this about the Experiencer Group. What are people looking for? Do you think when they come there, is it validation that this might be real? Are they looking for how to stop it? Are they looking for explanations? What are they looking for?
Speaker 6: All of the above. Absolutely, it's a great question. Some people do come to the Experiencer Group for validation, just to frame it up. The Experiencer Group again, it's a private member site online. You can find it through tg members dot com, dedicated to support curiosity and community for those who've lived through anomalous events of any and all kinds. So that could be UAP encounters, non human intelligence, near death experiences, out of body experiences, precognition. There's people that have seen cryptids, hauntings, all manner of anomalous experiences. Because what we find in the group is that, you know, if somebody's had one form of anomalous experience, it's actually somewhat likely that eventually, later down the line, they'll report something else. Maybe that's because we don't have great definitions for what this really is, or even when something really begins and when something ends as an event, because often when we really dig into details, there's precursor events or things that are kind of after effects of these situations that look like other anomalous events that might be really tied to that kind of core event itself. People will often report before UFO sidings like pultugeist activity or right afterwards. That's a really kind of inconvenient truth. Absolutely, and people have reported that, like George Knapp and Colin Kella hur talked about in that in Skinwalk of the Pentagon, and there are other works. There does seem to be a tie with what people think of as pultugeist activity with UFO activity, And of course historically we look at poultugeist activity as being close to ghosts or people that have died, but we don't actually know that to be the case. We don't know that to be literally true. Pulture geised activity does seem to be sometimes tied to a specific place, a certain physical location or a certain house, and we assume that has to do with the life of somebody beforehand, but we don't know that maybe a leap that we make exactly, Yes, absolutely, and so that's a leap that we make. And it's also a leap to suggest that just because something an object moves around or disappears and reappears in a situation that seems to be connected with a quote unquote haunting. We don't necessarily know that that's a ghost of an actual being, and we don't know why that happens in general, and why that can't be a transferable phenomenon or something that also happens in situations like in UAP cases where some craft or some being seems to blip in from out of nowhere. Those kinds of biases tend to limit reporting because, you know, when somebody sees something like this, like a ghost or a UFO or a gray or what have you, there's often a form of self censorship that happens because they don't want to, you know, seem crazy. But then that will limit the data that you get. For example, with grays, sometimes they appear to be naked, right, they don't appear to have genitals, but they appear to be naked. But to prior generations that often seemed like too far. For some reason, there's a weird being. It looked really strange, and by the way, it was naked, and we all get it.
Speaker 5: That's the fact that there's this bug looking thing in my room, but oh my god, naked. Yeah, I even think of that. Yeah, right, yeah, but.
Speaker 6: There's so many cases where they'll come out later and say, like it was actually naked. We need to hear what actually happened. We need to hear those actual details so that a we can corroborate these cases amongst each other, but also so we can figure out what the heck is actually going on exactly.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about that. What are some of the options of what could be happening here with regarding the visitation of any of these non human intelligences. To me, it seems like years ago it was a very straightforward topic, but now it seems like there's all these different possible modalities, these different schools of thought. Are they coming from across the galaxy? Are they interstellar? Are they interdimensional? Are they ultra terrestrial or crypto terrestrial? You know the John Keele idea that a species evolved alongside of humans but it remained hidden with their own technology. Or are the extra tempestrial the doctor Michael Master's idea that they're from the future and they're coming back to see how we developed. There's so many of these things. What do you think could be happening?
Speaker 6: I think it could be all of the above. Yeah, I think it could be any and all. I mean, I love John Keel's work. You know, there's a lot of material in there that goes back decades that we're still we're still behind, you know, the central conversations about UFOs are still sometimes years behind. But Keil was talking about forty eight plus years ago.
Speaker 5: I was just going to say here that you were saying the different ways of perception right there. You know, maybe there's a way we're just not fully seeing these non human entities. Just a few weeks ago, we did a show on October fourth on Perspective and one of the examples we used was what if you lived next door to a radio station and it had a giant antenna in the front yard. Even though you live right next door and they're blasting out all this information, you can't hear it. You need a receiver. So let's say you even do have a receiver. Beyond that, you've got to tune it into the exact right frequency that they're broadcasting. If you're off by one millimeter, you still can't sit here what they're saying. Maybe these other entities are just a little bit off and we're just not able to perceive them.
Speaker 6: Yet absolutely Yeah, there's a term in semiotics that gets at this, and something that's often used by biologists and even by anthropologists. It's called umvelt and it's a German term that means environment, specifically about the specific way organisms of a particular species experience the world, which is dependent on their sensory organs and perceptual systems. We cover this in our upcoming docu series that there's a certain kind of tick and this tick can only detect a certain form of butaric acid that animals secrete on their skin like we do. It can sense changes in heat, so it can figure out and drop down or move over to an animal and begin the process of sucking their blood. But you know, think about all the different kinds of data that it doesn't get when the tick is, you know, sucking blood from your artron. It doesn't know that you produce contact in the desert. It doesn't know that you do a podcast. It doesn't know what a podcast is. It has no idea. Yeah, it has no idea. And like, similarly, like we could be suffering. Similarly, infrared technology is more available to the masses. More people are seeing UFOs in the sky. You know, there are a lot more situations like infrared, that we could still be on the precipice of even knowing about where these other beings may be hiding. We could be on the precipice of these kinds of discoveries like infrared that could point us towards where some of these beings are hiding.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, we could be just that one millimeter off. I absolutely believe that, you know, there's so many new ways of thinking about this topic. Jay, Earlier we were saying, how we make this leap that ghosts are dead people, or you know, we make this connection. There's also this question of our UFOs and aliens even tied together. Someone said this to me recently, and it actually may have been Whity as a matter of fact, that it's possible that these visitation experiences don't necessarily have anything to do with UFO craft per se. What do you think about that?
Speaker 6: I think that that's really really interesting, And I've heard similar possibilities from Whitley himself and other experiencers that there are only limited cases where people see a craft and a non human intelligence like a gray for example, or you know, some people report manted beings or Nordics or other kind of more marginal figures. But it's often the case that when people see one of these beings, what they're more seeing is, you know, something showing up in their living room or their bedroom. Right, there are a lot of cases. Historically, we don't get many anymore, and I think it's important to also name this that the data does seem to suggest that there is a high point of abduction cases and similar cases. They're really peaked in the eighties and nineties and then seem to kind of trail off. There are still people reporting situations like this, but the case numbers have fallen off quite a bit, and there's a lot of kind of debate about whether that's people still being quite about things. But the people that are still reporting this generally it started for them in the eighties and nineties, and it seems to be kind of more like a checkup rather than like a new situation.
Speaker 5: Right, And we wondered, you know, does it mean that they're getting visited less or it seems like it's a more open environment to come out with this information. Now you think the number would go think, but maybe whoever's doing this got what they needed and they don't need to do it as often we don't know. It's so hard to talk about these things because they're all unknowns. Absolutely, we got to take a break there. Jay. When we come back, we're going to talk to Jay about his new docuseries on the UFO and alien subject and how it takes a different approach than we've seen in the past. You're listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM paranormal podcast network.
Speaker 1: The Coast to Coast AM mobile app is here and waiting for you right now, and with the app, you can hear classic shows from the past seven years, listen to the current live show, and get access to the Artbell Vault, where you can listen to uninterrupted audio. Head on over to the Coast to Coast AM dot com website. We have a handy video guide to help you get the most out of your mobile app usage. All the info is waiting for you now at Coast Tocoast am dot com. That's Coast to Coast am dot com.
Speaker 5: The four the artbel Vault has classic audio waiting for you now.
Speaker 8: Go to Coast to Coast am dot com.
Speaker 5: Four details.
Speaker 9: You're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast am para normal podcast network.
Speaker 5: Check out all our.
Speaker 9: Shows on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, and wherever you find your favorite shows.
Speaker 5: We are back on Beyond Contact. I am Captain Ron and we're talking with Jay King about his new docuseries. So, Jay, I like the name for your production company, even though I can't pronounce it. But it's on Tocolypse, which your site defines as an unveiling of a new reality, often leading to a state of internal chaos and a profound paradigm shift in philosophical and existential frameworks. We probably do need a new way to look at this topic, as we've been discussing here. I mean, I think one of the biggest problems today is that this topic is generally portrayed in the media incorrectly. They treat this topic like a genre, and they don't often take it right from the actual experiencers, as we've seen in many films time and time again. You've worked in TV production for years. Why can't Hollywood actually tell us the experience or story exactly how it happened. Isn't it incredible enough that this guy met somebody from another world?
Speaker 6: I really appreciate this question. Thanks Ron. It's historically been an extraordinary challenge for Hollywood writers, directors, et cetera to get it right. I mean, one of the closest examples that you can find is Close Encounters of the Third kind was Steven Spielberg. There you had a very close case that had a lot of the high strangeness elements and kind of this strange other phenomena that surround these situations. I think one of the biggest problems here is that writers in Hollywood and in TV in general, and in movies tend to get a little bit lazy. In formulaic they want a movie to obey a three acts structure. They want to get in and out in ninety to one hundred and ten minutes, and similarly with TV shows, they wanted to make sense in twenty three minutes or forty four minutes with ad breaks. And that can be really, really challenging for some of these stories because often with experiencers, they can't really tell you where something began or where's something ended. They might only have fragmentary memories of something like this, or they might kind of associate development where it's like, well, this happened, but that seemed to really be high strangeness synchronicity where I was having a telepathic contact and it was referencing this weird dream I had twenty years ago. These are the kind of details that when you add them together, they present this kind of absurd quality that Jacques Vilat talked about a lot in books like Messengers of Deception. There's a co creative element, and there seems to be an element where some of these intelligences are able to access our own personal history, our own personal symbology, and our own recollection of time, regardless of its accuracy or not. That seems to be the land that some of these beings can live in. And TV and movie we are watching conversations happen, we're watching activity occur. Much of the land of high strangeness lives in the world of the symbolic and lives within the realm of referencing our own personal histories that take a lot kind of more backstory than a ninety minute feature can account for. There are kind of other inconvenient elements that does seem to be like a corollary maybe between for example, out of body experiences and abduction experiences. People often are talking about something like a subtle realm, some like non ordinary state of perception that exists in an out of body situation where for some reason, somebody's consciousness is able to temporarily relocate outside their body. There are situations like sleep paralysis where people will report like a weird buzzing and that their body's frozen, but they have perceptual awareness and sometimes they see beings or have experiences or able to leave their body in a situation like that. However, they're tethering it to what it's called sleep paralysis. But the reality is that we don't even really know what sleep paralysis is. We'll use it as a blanket concept for a whole range of situations.
Speaker 5: Remember that guy that came up with the god helmet. Yeah, you could trigger a certain part of your brain and you would see a bright light in beings that very much replicated the abduction experience. So there may be some other thing happening here.
Speaker 6: That's right, And so you know, there are some theories about like does out of body experience give you access to this kind of more liminal or more perceptually challenging state where these beings more naturally reside And I don't know that to be the case. I'm not sure that grays just perpetually reside in a realm that's just adjacent to us. It's a convenient theory, like the convenient theory of them flying in ships from another world. We have all these ideas, and they may all be true. They may also be a little bit wrong. We often think about the misinformation aspect that we receive from our own government or the military industrial complex, but we sometimes avoid or forget the aspect where we might be receiving a ton of misinformation from these other beings themselves.
Speaker 5: Even if you talk to experi answers, they don't know. We're all speculating and guessing, So this is very difficult. You guys seem to have taken a little bit of a different approach on this topic with this new company, in this new docuseries. Tell me how that how you have a different approach.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much for the question.
Speaker 5: Ron.
Speaker 6: With the beyond UFOs and a New Reality, we were really looking at what has happened in TV recently in recent years, and there are often series that are very grounded and have more kind of credible experts talking about a situation looking at it. For a writer from a director's perspective. They're looking at like, how do I prove this case to somebody that doesn't leave in this And then on the other hand, you have shows that are completely ungrounded that you know, we'll bring in anybody and say like, oh, this must be aliens. That's aliens. You know, the researchers themselves don't have much credibility to them. They've just been in the field for a while. Those shows can be great as well, they can be a lot of fun, But we're trying to carve like a different path through the middle where we wanted to unshackle credible researchers and kind of start with the general premise that yes, there's fundamental reality here. Now let's have deeper discussions about what that means and so being able to really present hypotheses that go beyond what we normally see on television where it's like, okay, maybe they aren't extraterrestrial, maybe or maybe they sometimes are, but like, let's talk about the crypto terrestrial hypothesis, let's talk about extra tempstrials, let's talk about all this stuff. Where do we go from there and what does that mean about the nature of our reality itself?
Speaker 5: The process of doing that will help us flush some of this out. And I wanted to ask you, why do you think that most people don't seem to take many of these first person cases, these accounts seriously? Why do you think people struggle to accept this?
Speaker 6: I think some people struggle to accept it because it just never touches their lives. I understand how many of the.
Speaker 5: Things that don't touch my life that I accept.
Speaker 6: Sure, I've never been to Russia, but I trust that it exists, right. But it's challenging for people. I think partially because I mean John Keel. We talked about John Keel a little bit earlier. John Keel in the Eighth Tower, he writes about how I'm going to paraphrase here, that about ten to fifteen percent of the populace is able to receive information like this, meaning the actual anomalous events themselves, and then that other people are dealing with it secondhand, that core kind of ten to fifteen percent are really dealing with it on a more regular basis, and that it might have to do more with like difference in perception between one person in another and then other people might have a one off event. So I think that part of it comes down to the idea that, like something that seems so fantastic and unbelievable, some people think that that could only happen once, as if it would be like the equivalent of getting struck by lightning. But for example, a haunted house really exists, and that ghosts really kind of pervade that space, or that Poltugeist activity could be happening on a regular basis, then we have to confront the possibility or the probability that these things might happen much more often for certain people than others.
Speaker 5: But I'm curious as to why people like a vy Lobe, John Mack and their respected worldwide then they talk about this topic and suddenly they don't know what they're talking about. It doesn't seem right to dismiss these guys.
Speaker 6: I completely agree with you. I mean, John Mack, I'm really glad you brought up doctor mac so he was kind of like the perfect person as the head of psychiatry at Harvard, who is an expert on nightmares and dream states and childhood psychology to be then looking at cases of what we're thought of as abductions.
Speaker 5: If we want to study these people and say, oh, my god, these people are crazy. Well, let's bring in the top guy in the world in psychology and have him look at this. He does, then he comes to the conclusion that they're not having a delusion, that it's something else. Why can't we accept this expert's opinion. That's what frustrates me.
Speaker 6: There's the truism within science that science progresses one funeral at a time, and sometimes that just has to be the case. That as we've been talking about here, and as I've talked with you in the pastor on, there is so much academic stigma. Avlobe faces it as well.
Speaker 5: It's incredible not to mention all of the military witnesses that we haven't even touched on. These are highly decorated, respectable, trustworthy guys. We're going to take another break there. When we come back, we're going to talk to Jay more about this topic and get into his personal experiences. Listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast am Paranormal podcast network. Hey, it's the Wizard of Weird Joshua P.
Speaker 6: Warren.
Speaker 5: Don't forget to check out my show Strange Things.
Speaker 10: Each week as I bring you the world of the truly amazing and bizarre right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's producer Tom and you're right where you need to be. This is the iHeart Radio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 8: Hey, this is George Nap and you're listening to the iHeart Radio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: We are back on Beyond Contact. We're having a great conversation today with Jay Christopher King. Jay, you've had your own anomalous experiences. How did these experiences change your life?
Speaker 6: Thanks for asking. Ron. You know, I have my own personal biases in terms of like what I really pay attention to. I think a lot of people, if they know my name, am usually tied to UFOs and that's for good reason though. Also when I was a kid, I lived in a house that was thought of as haunted, starting when I was about six years old in Mishawaka, Indiana. There's a lot of strange phenomena there. Poultrygeist activity, strange shadows on the walls, lights going on and off, apparitions. My father, who is a retired electrical engineer, really wanted it to be an electrical problem. It still didn't account for the strange shadows, the apparition in the Poultergeist activity. And then when he did check the electrical systems in the house, the lights going on and off didn't have a conventional explanation either. My mom, I, my little baby sister, my dad were all deeply troubled by this phenomenon that was happening in the house. Then several years later, I did have an experience in Hanover, Indiana. After my mom and dad divorced, my mom remarried, we moved down there and I had a typical abduction experience. I was in my bed and there were two short grays passed the foot of my bed, one of them I was about nine. I was about nine nine and a half years old. There were two grays passed the foot of my bed, and one of them had his feet on the ground, and one of them seemed to be levitating slightly. I don't know how I was levitating. I didn't even have like a conception of what these beings were. You know, this is the eighties. What people would have known from a gray before for that point would have been close encounters Widley's book may have just come out, But again I was a small child. I wouldn't have known about that.
Speaker 5: And you do hear about the levitation thing. Even Calvin Parker thought that they didn't walk, that they levitated. There's many examples, that's right.
Speaker 6: And so I saw it levitating, and that one was holding a strange like rod in its hand, like a metallic rod. Initially I wasn't scared. I was just like really interested. I didn't know what these things were. But then they didn't really engage with me. There was no smiles, there were no greetings, there was no welcome. The one on the ground started walking towards me in kind of a hurried manner that looked almost marionette like like. Its movement was freaky, and the other one that was levitating raised that weird rod towards me. I don't remember what happened after that, so it was a very very short situation, but it ingrained in my memory. Of course, there are a few other situations that happened just after that, within that next period of time, where I saw a singular being like that. Again, you know, again, I don't know where these beings come from. I don't know why they do what they do. I don't know why these events happened so often in the eighties and nineties and then some before that, but those grays showing up less over time, since I just know that I have the memory of it happening. I remember it happening at the time. I think it's fascinating. And for a lot of years I had the challenge of being like, Okay, I lived in a haunted house, and then this other thing happened to me. I don't know how to square that away. And I recognized that even just having the one experience sounds kind of nuts, and then when you add something onto it that's just so different, it could sound completely insane. And then I started recognizing that other people had the situation too, And now there's situations like people like Whitley. Whitley talks about his dead wife Ann Streeber commenting on this all the time. In terms of the connections between hauntings and UFO activity, Joshua Cutchen in recent years wrote a series of books called Ecology of Souls that really touches on this as well. And there does seem to be some profound connection between hauntings and poltergeist activity, UFO activity and for lack of a better term, like our lives or our deaths. And I don't exactly understand what that all is, but that's why we have to keep investigating this. By me talking about it. I didn't like talking about this stuff. I didn't want to be a public figure. It was actually Ralph Blumenthal and Leslie that kind of convinced me to actually come forward in a public way with an article that was originally going to be published in the New York Times back in twenty twenty one and was narrowly rejected by some New York Times editors that Ralph wrote Ralph Blumenthal and was eventually published in the Debrief. Before that, I had no interest in actually kind of coming forward myself. I liked being private. I liked being quiet about this stuff, and I liked holding experience or support groups without putting my name on this publicly.
Speaker 5: A lot of other people in the world probably want to keep this private as well, So there are may be many other people with these experiences. We just don't hear about them because they don't want to do that exactly.
Speaker 6: It happens all the time. It happens all the time, and I know people that are engineers, doctors, lawyers, like people that have prominent positions in insurance companies, like all sorts of folks that have the kinds of credible jobs. They need to be seen as sensible, They need to be seen as reasonable, rational people.
Speaker 5: And all the therapists say that all the time. They said, everybody that comes through here, you wouldn't believe they're celebrities. They're doctors, they're lawyers, their firemen.
Speaker 6: Exactly, Musicians, artists, actors. Yeah, it really crosses the gamut. And you'd think with some of these, like artists and musicians, like some of those are a little bit more able to speak about this. And so we have these associations of aliens and artists and kind of creative types, and there is some fundamental truth to that. But I feel if I really added up, I might know just as many engineers as I do artists that have had these occurrences.
Speaker 5: There you go, Hey, before we let you go, I want to ask you what your thoughts are on disclosure, like meaning the big D government disclosure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, disclosure. It's a tricky topic, right because we've seen so much movement in the field since the December twenty seventeen article Deed Leslie and Ralph and Heleen Cooper wrote that really outed a tip and lou Alzando and Chris Millan and those amazing cockpit videos that you know, everybody in the world has seen it by this point seemingly. You know, I was at the Grush hearing last year with David Fraver and Ryan Graves. It was a really fascinating thing. It really felt like we were seeing a new chapter. And I think that that is the And at the same time, this is a situation where, if we're going to be completely frank, there are people that have been managing the top and the bottom of this conversation for years, and so there have been people from the Pentagon, from the DoD, from other agencies that have been managing the skep more skeptical side of things, like through Arrow for example, Shawn Kirkpatrick and folks like that that seem credible. There are people like Chris Millan that say, oh, you know that Era report, that's one of the most disappointing, thinnest and least believable documents that I've ever seen in my decades within government, in the military and the intelligence comunity, and I agree with that, but I also think that, you know, people like Shawn Kirkpatrick exist mainly to be bad guys, if you want to think about it this way, there are aspects of the disclosure movement that we really have to be careful about. Because as much as we're pushing the ball forward and as much as we're seeing progress, you know, through the work of great people like Danny Shean and you know the courageous, you know, heroic efforts of people like Grush, et cetera, you also have elements where there are people that have had a history within military and intelligence, even the ones that are advocating for more transparency, they're still working for the same departments that are putting out these arrow reports, right, And so then you have to you have to find yourself in a position where it's like, well, why won't this person really say why they still work for this department? Why won't they just say what they do? Why won't they even tell you what their job description really is? And then you get to a position where you're like, Okay, well, you know there's an aspect to Capital D disclosure that is managed and it's a hall of mirrors. That's intentional and it's from people managing both sides of the conversation. So you've got people like Sean Kirkpatrick that are supposed to be the heel. They're supposed to be the bad guy. And then you see other people who I won't name, that are supposed to look like the Hall Coogans. They're supposed to look like the stone called Steve Austin's. And what you have to realize is us as a populist. They're supposed to be magnetized towards one of those pillars or the other pillar. But you're still paying your money to the World Wrestling Entertainment Company.
Speaker 5: Right right, it's all suspect. Hey, thanks, Jay, I really appreciate you coming on sharing all these insights. It's been really great. Do you have a release date for the Beyond UFOs and a new reality yet?
Speaker 6: So we're looking at the end of the year, right around the holidays, and we'll have a specific date for folks just in the few weeks ahead.
Speaker 5: Awesome. Thanks for listening to Beyond Contact. We will be back next week with an all new episode. You can follow me Captain Ron on Twitter and Instagram at CID Underscore Captain Ron. Stay connected by checking out contact intheesert dot com. Stay open minded and rational as we explore the unknown right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AY and Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com