Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. It is episode two, nineteen to twenty round of aplaus for two twenty boys. Fucking out standing you guys riding or dying with us all the way through. We appreciate you. We appreciate coming on every single week, being durable, reliable. Speaking of that, we need to talk to you about something. You know what truck guys through and through and the Chevy Silverado has been a partner with unstoppable, grint and determination. It's been our most valuable truck. And now the first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise. We got the chance to see this thing and experience. Let me tell you some boys, it's an absolute game changer. Available four hundred mile range GM estimated on a full charge. That was tough getting through. I'm gonna keep working through it. Over ten feet of length in the bed with the multi flex tailgate combined with the Multiflex midgate large seventeen inch diagonal display screen, it can toe up to ten thousand pounds of max towing zero to sixty and four point five seconds with wow Mode working title. This is where Will would insert that that is his forty time. Ha ha ha, good job, Will good joke up to an impressive seven hundred and eighty five foot pounds of torque. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. You might be looking at this beautiful face right now. Beautiful, a little tough, but you might be looking at me, going, hey, where's the boy? Where's the other set of teeth that we love to look at every single week? Boys got pink eye, he got to stank in his eye. A lot of people think it's because of his daughter. Will is even saying because of his daughter. I am willing to go on this mic right now and say that it wasn't. That was one hundred percent a self inflicted woe by Will. The boys like to play risk online. That's me Corey Levin, that is Kelly, and Brad Lebrott I believe his last name is. Brad is Will's friend from Bontire, Missouri. Great guy, great individual, fun, just a good group of dudes. However, Will likes to make four jokes. We see it on the internet all the time. Halfway through this game, which is a four hour game, by the way, I didn't get a sleep till late Your boys grinder, he uh pulls the headset off his head, puts it down to his buttthole, farts extremely loud, and then puts the immediately back on his head. Mike in his face, laughing hysterically at what he's done, and my man, is he paying for comedy? But boys and girls, that's why we love him so much, because he's willing to sacrifice his body and his eyesight for the sake of the joke. So please, if you're sitting at home listening to us an audio or watcher on YouTube, just give the man a round of applause real quick.
Speaker 2: Absolutely love that.
Speaker 1: Our guest today was Chris no John christ John Chris Comedium does a lot of sketches. I believe we had a conversation about sketches and skits and how you don't say sketch shoes, don't sketches. Great individual amazing time. Sometimes when you come and do these things by yourself and you're meeting with an individual that you haven't met before, you you don't know how to go, You don't know how the chemistry is gonna because, let's call a spade of spade, your boy doesn't line up with everybody.
Speaker 3: I like to. I wish I could.
Speaker 1: I love it be a people person, but sometimes it just doesn't align to me personally. This two hour and thirty minute podcasts other than this insure that you're about to listen to, was incredible. I was engaged whole time. I was just learning about this individual, learning about the art of comedy, learning about his religious background, his Amish background, of all things. I think he tried to swindle me on a haircut. He had one saying that was the real deal holy Field, but I don't believe him for one second. Lots of last, lots of giggles. I think I had a couple of good ones myself, actually, And it's tough when you have comedians on there is this back and forth in your mind, this mental warfare you to go through. You're like, they're funny professionally, can I also be funny with them?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Jury still out.
Speaker 1: You guys are have to tell me in the comments on YouTube, tweet at me, hey you sucked ass the one you're a piece of shit, or hey you did all right for yourself, because I love to hear about that now. I love you, each and every single one of you, even if I don't know you, I love you and I appreciate you guys every single day coming on through this podcast, listening, watching everything in between, because you have no idea how nice it is to be able to do more and more things each week. And one of those things you can do for us is to go to barstool store dot barstool dot com, whike correct and saying that Jackie, thank you brother. You go to store dot barstool dot com and you get the merch. You get the busting with the boys merch that is amazing. I love the stuff. You see me wearing one of the og hats right here, I got h for the fucking boys, which was one of our Saint Patty's the e merching.
Speaker 2: You might be thinking, tailor, it's May baby. Why you wearing shit from March.
Speaker 1: It's because boys, I stay ready so I don't have to get fucking ready. I'm already ready for Saint Patti's the next er. You's gonna be more shit, no question.
Speaker 2: But you want these little pieces in the fact, these little vintage pieces, because in two years, the way we go through clothes nowadays with the moths swipping around here, keep that closet clothes for too long.
Speaker 1: That shit goes out of style real fast. Not out of style, but it gets all torn up, so you want them vintage pieces.
Speaker 3: So thank you.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, I don't know why, I just went on that ram page of a conversation there with my own self, but the merch we need you, gotta have you, gotta love you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is they call the arms that I need from all of you.
Speaker 3: Audio.
Speaker 1: We've been doing a big press on YouTube, a big press, and you guys have absolutely shown up. The subscribe I have gone through the roof. The numbers on our YouTube have gone through the roof, and we appreciate that. And here I am like a panhandler just asking for more out of you. I need you to go to audio. I need you go to your Spotify, your downcast, your Apple.
Speaker 3: All the shit. Dude.
Speaker 1: I need you to subscribe, unsubscribed, resubscribe, because I didn't find out until last week that shit doesn't work on YouTube. I've been sitting there like a damn idiot on the YouTube over and over again, subscribing and unscribed, thinking I'm doing something successful with the podcast. Allegedly, I guess it doesn't work. So if you're on YouTube, going pull up some of those apps. So you're listening podcasts, go and do that a couple of times for me, because I need it.
Speaker 2: I gotta have it. This is my life, boys, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm an unemployed NFL player with a podcast, and I'm so grateful for you guys to be listening. My god, let's keep this fucking thing rolling. I love you, guys. Let's enjoy the day. If you had a tough Monday, fuck the monday, dude. You're on Tuesday, now go just fuck today in a good, healthy, nice way.
Speaker 3: Just enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Get you some sun if it's out there, if it's raining outside, make the best out of it, dude, make some banana pancakes. Jack Johnson would say, just don't have a fucking day. I hope you all let me know about what you do, because it's gonna be it's gonna be amazing. I can't wait to respond with you and talk about all the amazing things going on in our life. But with that being said, please enjoy this episode. I have had an absolute, it's outstanding time during it, and I hope you guys do too, So please.
Speaker 3: Enjoy Interestantino he like saved my whole career. No, he didn't. What a way to start this podcast? Yeah, really yeah, well, and Santino I was like doing a bunch of shows, Like I was like, I got this a weird. Like I wouldn't say that it's a cult, following the opposite of a cult, but it's like I used to perform in a bunch of churches because my dad was a preacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is kind of goes along with cult. But you keep going, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Saying there and stuff. Yeah, yeah, I would like to say, well, every do you think every church, if they kept going, it would eventually become cult.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the definition of a cult really is. It's kind of more of a fun thing to say, because I think a cult I think.
Speaker 3: Of the show, Yeah, show calls manson like very illegal stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about that. I think it's just like buying into something and then there's always like some sort of concoction at the end that.
Speaker 3: You have to take to kill yourself something greater there. Yeah, there's always a dead end. It doesn't end well, yeah, it never ends. Well, it's with the Netflix documentary, Yeah, one of the sad Ones too. You're like, let's say a church is like a small church or like, hey, we want you to come here more and give more and volunteer more and be more. Like yeah, that that's not a cult. The minute they say you can't leave. Yeah, if you say I don't think I'm with this anymore and then they don't, they're not friends with you, right, that might be it.
Speaker 2: That might be when that is. That's definitely.
Speaker 1: I think that the cutoff point between religion and a cult is when they say you have to pay off whatever debt, you're not allowed to leave here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 2: That's when it's time you need to reevaluate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I was doing all these shows, like because I started doing a lot of stand up at church. Yeah I was. You started yeah in church? Yeah, because my dad's a preacher. Hey yeah, okay, I watched.
Speaker 1: Your special and it was very like around religion, there's a lot of start comedy. To start comedy in a church seems like one of the scarier places to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you know you like you go to his ainies, you go to a random spot.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, like people are gonna take and give whatever because everything's.
Speaker 3: Kind of no matter what to do. Yeah, in church, there's a lot of boundaries. Well there's a lot of boundaries. But if you like grew up like that, like if you did stand up like at a like a like at a football camp, not a football camp, like a coach's clinic or something, you would have more liberty because you know all the stuff yeah that I wouldn't even get. He's like, dude, you know when a guy is coming across in a three four and you're playing a four two five and you were like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what like what you just said didn't make sense, but I get it.
Speaker 3: You here, God, You're like, bro, Yeah, that's what it was like. Because everybody's like if a normal comic, not a normal comic, but like if I do a if somebody says we got to do a clean show, it limits you. You can't do this this. I got to get rid of this bit, this bit, this bit. And they were like, you do a show in church. I was like yo, I was like what kind Yeah, Pentecostal Baptist. Oh dude, I got I got jokes for days and then I was just going in there and I was just just everybody was just like ah, like there were because my dad was a preacher.
Speaker 2: So it was like I couldn't really get fired, you know, if like.
Speaker 3: I couldn't really get fired, like the GM is like I'm trying to think if the coaches like your dad, maybe then you're like I can kind of come late for workouts because like maybe in high school.
Speaker 2: Not that, but like, yeah, you know, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: If your boss was the owner, you'd be like, well if I don't, I'm like, who's gonna fire me?
Speaker 2: And so I was just like making all these jokes bosses.
Speaker 3: When the guy's doing cocaine in the back, he's like, yeah, I do whatever I want. Yeah, yeah, he's fine. So I was like about him in the corner, and then I was like across the line and like and but like ever, like my dad in the past to the church at the time was all like like they thought it was hilarious because they could really say it. But I was like roasting people in the church about how they were singing, like and everybody was like, dude, this is offensive, but they were all like it's hilarious. Yeah, So how did you market that the church that I didn't really I just like started up on a Sunday kind of they were like come do like they were like, la, I would do that the right after the worst, after the singing, before the preaching. There's like a guy that comes up and he's like, hey, uh, church picnic is on Saturday. Uh you know the food drive is on Thursday. You do all the stuff. And I was like, church bases on Saturday'm probably just gonna go to me girls or whatever. But and everybody's just like like and he say that, like everybody, Yeah in church that's why it's not really it's like it's it's funny to say to explain it's like kind of like dirty or church. Yeah, it's not in regular life, dude. I was how to describe it.
Speaker 2: I went to church yesterday, made a deal. I was on an Airprice.
Speaker 1: I was on a flight back from New York and I had a two, not not the flex, but I had a two on a Southwest flight. I got no board when they already finished a one through thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh. I literally sat.
Speaker 1: I sat in the back of me and Will he was ill. I was window and I literally said, hey, buddy, if this thing feels up. Though he has a full flight, everyone's inna their seat taken. I was like, if this seats in the middle is empty, I gotta go to church.
Speaker 3: I gotta go. That's that's my sign. Sure enough, dude, one fucking seat left, one seat and I was in. I was like, I gotta go. When you're talking about like church and being like dirty for church, it's so funny because most of people in church have that humor. They'll watch comedy to do if he's a church glory. He's a funny fucking guy and he thinks a lot of things are funny. Yeah, I'll be I'll be with a guy. Yeah, horrible person. He's a bad guy.
Speaker 1: And so you just see him and you're like, wow, this guy's really just got the world trick. You go to church and you see dudes on Saturday night and they're out there drinking, having a good time, and then Sunday it's like they've never done nothing wrong in their.
Speaker 3: Life in Nashville. Soho House, you think, so, well, it's not a Nashville podcast, but you don't. Every time, no no one wants Sometimes we talk about Nashville, and I was like, we don't know what you're talking about, because that's ever dude.
Speaker 1: I feel like sol House. I feel like uh real Mead Country Club?
Speaker 3: Orse?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or what's Richland Country Club? That's that's where the church goers in Nashville. I feel like, soho House is more like an artsy Are you part of the Hoo House?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah they are. Well I'm insecure. Why no, I'm insecure because I'm an artist. So they were like, hey, here's the thing for artists. But you might not be able to get in. That's how you they hook you. They're like, you might not qualify. You're like, well, I need to know if I qualify it now? Yes, you actually got in there. How much for a year to be a part of you just just call you? Just forgive your parents it would be easier. That's necessary.
Speaker 2: So Santino is safe. So you're at church. Okay, So I'm doing all these church and Santina.
Speaker 1: Are doing well and you are are you only? I hate I keep cutting off, but I gotta know the full background here. You're you're only doing it for your dad's sermons.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, So I started yeah yeah, because like the church next door was like, yo, we'll pay you like three hundred bucks to come over here to do our like youth camp or whatever, and comedies to start before you get a fan base is next to near impossible to make a living at h So then I was like three, yeah, like you would do a comedy club. You would work all weekend five shows and get paid about six hundred bucks three and you have to pay for yourself by yourself and put yourself up. You're not making anything. So so the church first Baptists, like, we'll pay you like a thousand dollars to do our like fundraiser dinner. And I was like, ah, yeah, I'll be there, I'll be there, Yeah, I'll be there. And so I started doing it, and I started putting these videos on social media and getting bigger and bigger doing like these like there's nobody else supplying demand while there's no one else to do it. There's there's a lot of guys that are, but there's like it was like there and so anyway, I was doing all these. Me and Santana would become friends, UH through comedy works where I came up and he would come through.
Speaker 2: And so I moved Denver.
Speaker 3: So I moved UH to l A and I was trying to get into the comedy store. The comedy store is like the before Joe Rugan moved to Austin. That was like the if you got passed, that's like making the team. If you got passed at the Comedy Store, that was it. You were the king and everybody, Richard pryor all the grades had come to there. So I was like, go and do these huge shows on the road at churches and making like I want to say, what's weird to say I was making a lot.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 3: You're not flexing. You're the same fact I got. I was doing the shows the church is making oh shoot yeah yeah. Then then it was like going, like well and like people now I was doing like ticketed events, so people are coming to like see me because of these videos that put on the internet. And then I was like staying up at Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday night, staying up to one, two and three in the morning at trying to get in at this get in at the Comedy Store. And Santino is in there and he brought me aside one day. He's like, hey, dude, you don't need to spend your time here. He's like, you're already He's like, he goes, we're trying to do what you are already doing. How'd that feel when he said that? Unbelievable? Yeah, and I never I never went again. Really, I never went again. Is it like because they were all trying to get passed, to get on a sitcom, to get a TV show, to sell tickets. But I could already sell I could go to Wichita and sell three thousand tickets. So he's like or whatever, not the roast, that's perfect, that's a righteous gemstones. Yeah. Yeah, he goes where they're at. Yeah, in my he goes, don't like, we are trying to do what you're doing. And there's this in essence. There's like thing with podcasting a lot of it. There's these people that love you just go to them. Yeah. Like if they were like, we need we want you to host the red carpet at the Emmys, You're like, that's not.
Speaker 2: Really our I still do that bomb.
Speaker 3: Well I was right through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, they'll take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But if it was like, uh, what'll be something metal, Yeah, they we want you to.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what the met gala is. I just see once a year people wearing goofy ship and then.
Speaker 3: To think of something that you would be like disrespectful to your bass by doing like I already did that with Jeffree Star. I literally will do fucking anything, dude, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: People are like people when they saw the Jeffrey Star things like what is he doing interviewing this man girl? And then all of a sudden he said, like the whole thing about pronouns were like, you know, this guy's not too fucking bad at all. Actually, you know what, yeah, send him over this way. I forgot about that, dude, what a while due. I saw an article today about that actually people like this football article came out that's like still saying like him at a week ago saying that I'm actually dating Jeffrey Star. Still, Yeah, and that's a tough that's a tough pill to swallow when you're married with two kids.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's the two Well a lot of comics do that because they make stuff about their kids. Yeah, and they're like, well this special they mixed up about their kids, so they make the road they roast their kids. Yeah, they're like, well, your kids like little but he's gonna He's like, I can't stand this kid, Like, this kid's gonna become.
Speaker 2: Reiser does it all the time.
Speaker 3: He talks about his kids, and they'll keep being like like not smart and like this kid's not gonna be successful, not smart to the point where like, you know, but I guess that word. I mean, you can have like exaggerate that, the Jeffrey Star thing that that might be a little but everything much for you. But every background understand No, not me. I'm just saying everybody, but you're white. Everybody knows that's in it's it's part of the thing, right.
Speaker 1: But that's like that was a really unique situation because the football community. Football is are very homophobic sport, extremely homophobiic is it? Yeah, I mean I guess, nah, you probably right. Yeah, yeah, No, I mean most don't know why I said. I guess like we're having a Yes, I know it is. I've been in the locker room.
Speaker 3: It's a homophobis number one probably NASCAR, Yeah you're ranking now, if you're ranking, I would, but NBA's got to be up there too. I'm just going off of my experience. You don't know JP. I mean, you guys are sweet.
Speaker 2: This is why we took his mic. Yeah, weed is just like, uh, the kid's term for gay.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Oh really, It's like yeah, it's kind of like trendy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, man, imagine when the word sweet gets canceled. Yeah, they're coming for you. The fact will be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, the black culture came up with sweet. So I was kind of this man's kind of sweet. Yeah, it means he's gay exactly. Yeah, I probably explained. Yeah, yeah, this is the most homophobic sports This is an article. Yeah, where they're trying to pinpoint where it's from.
Speaker 2: We thought this was the original idea. We could just go out, Yeah, I can go off of mine. Yeah, and so I legit.
Speaker 1: When that all happened, I had teammates reaching out to other teammates asking if it was true, and then only like my close teammate friends would next me like hey, bro, what's going on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like seriously bring you absolutely well. You have like a your trouble and kind of my trouble. I guess is like you have like a joke and but also a serious business like you legitimately play. Yeah, that part's real. Yeah, that's I I actually step on the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of this other stuff is a little bit. Yeah, it's a it's a I guess a fugazi.
Speaker 3: Right, So you don't know where, like you don't know where the line is about what this part's a joke. But then like once you get off, like you're you if you make it to the league, you have to be a dog. Yeah, an absolute and dead serious. But this side you have to be it's a joke, Starre. Yeah, it's funny you say that because there is a line. And that's the thing I dislike the most about sports. It's like finding the line because people think, like, to be good at your job, you only have to be serious one hundred percent. And like people like with the podcast, if you're like, oh, this guy, this guy needs to just focus on ball, It's like, well, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not playing Call of Duty. Some guys play Call of Duty for seven hours a day. I just do a podcast for an hour two hours a day.
Speaker 3: We have free we have some free time. Yeah, we got some freaking a lot of my time. We got a lot of boys in here too, got a lot of boys they take care of it. Got a lot of boys hanging out. What are you supposed to do if you like a lot of or you allowed to do in your free time? Can you hunt?
Speaker 1: Can you do anything that wouldn't involve if you getting hurt, so they can't like surf or like uh, snowboard or do anything really any other.
Speaker 2: On your Yeah, but you're talking about the lines like uh with with your job, like where is your line?
Speaker 3: Well, we try to do so we would try to do we make fun of everything, and we would try to make if that if we let's say we were making a joke about Kim Kardashian or and then somebody my agent can't. I mean, this has never happened, but my agent came to me before the show is like, Hey, Kim Kardashian's coming to the shop, and if I would remove that joke, that's the line. Like any joke I would tell about anybody, I would do it to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we don't tell would you say, hey, Kim's here and then going on him?
Speaker 3: That's probably And I was like, and I was thinking about not doing this joke because she was here, but I was like, I'll go for it. Yeah, like we make a joke about Obama or Trump? I was like, Trump was here, he would think that was funny.
Speaker 1: Who's a Who's a celebrity that you would have to that would come to your show and like five minutes before you go on, they'd be like, hey, so and sociated and you'd be like.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I love this. What would make you like more nervous?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm trying to think of like we had a we had a I mean we had a good run of like Fauci jokes. Yeah, yea Fauci came to your show, a little nerve wracking for you.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome to just get them up there and be like, so tell us something like vaccine for real? Yeah, what's what's going on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just between us mikes. The mike's off looks.
Speaker 1: Like from a celebrity standpoy, do you think there's ever because once you're in the world, like I mean, you're definitely in the world, Like you are a well known comedian. Yeah, people know who are who falls comedy knows you. Yeah, And so there gets to a point it's like when do you stop looking at these other celebrities like celebrities and start looking them as peers.
Speaker 3: As your buddies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so what I'm my my question is what is that uprestaurant? We're like, hey, that's still a big time celebrity to me.
Speaker 2: Well, we wouldn't we wouldn't go.
Speaker 3: I would never do anything like look up to anyone else that was also a comedian. So like if you're in the green room and like I did a show with like Dave Chappelle one time, I opened, but I can't be like, bro, can we get a photo like that? If somebody came in the locker room there was drafted and asked for a photo, you'd be like, well that has happened. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it is one of those things going to be peers. But yeah, there's one of those deals where you kind of like look at it. You're like, damn, this is kind of a wild situation. The yeah, yeah, this is that out.
Speaker 3: There nine years skateboarding, that's what he's Yeah, I've had these little dusters for a while, So a little flake hanging out the toe. I had to get that real quick. You wouldn't look, bro, boy do a kickflip.
Speaker 1: But you you look at that, you kind of with Dave Chappelle, I kind of hope there's an open like, hey, let's get everybody. Le's get a photo of everyone real quick, and then you get as close as him.
Speaker 2: As possible, try to ease it in there.
Speaker 3: Let me get it right here.
Speaker 2: Then I saw that guy kind of shim me into the middle.
Speaker 3: If he I mean, yeah, I wouldn't if anybody that's also. But the funny thing about comics is like if you saw if you saw Tom Hanks or Tom Cruise that like like Kane Prime or something, you'd be like, yeah, if you saw any comedian, you'd go over the house, yeah, to have him up real quick, because the comic is like you if it's if a comic is good, Like, dude, Kevin Hart has not sniffed a commercial airline in ten years, more than ten years. And you think he's by the way, like Nate Nate PARKATSI, he lives here, he's one of our. He's like, dude, you'd have no idea how huge that guy is. But it too to the audience and to his like his like topics are like very every man, and that's what's great about a comic. Major. Look, he's like one of you making fun of up there corporations or the president or whoever. But the comic is one of you, very relatable, so you would never I mean, yeah, I was gonna say THEO, but are we allowed to say that or not?
Speaker 2: Can say his name.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say. I don't say his name.
Speaker 2: Mike's got cut off. Yeah yeah, yeah, well THEO. THEO is a very unique mind.
Speaker 1: And so when he started talking about me and Will gets it gets into one of those deals where we're like, we're going to war knowing we're gonna lose this war. Oh yeah, how you're gonna get in a microphone against theovonn and win?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's gonna be tough, be tough.
Speaker 1: It just works at a different speed. Yeah, have you ever met another man with his mind?
Speaker 3: Never? I tell everybody, I go, dude, if you I go, hey, this guy is like on another that's like unlike anything I've ever seen. And everybody just like let it, like, just enjoy it for what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, but it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel like like you're obviously a funny comedian, but do you ever feel like a level of jealousy to other comedians the way their minds work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Everybody does? I think name a comedian that i'd be jealous of. Let's see. I mean, well, you just.
Speaker 2: See the way their brain works, and you're like, damn, bro, just has it like that this guy, well, uh, and just said Andrew Schultz. He's a guy.
Speaker 1: He's the guy that he seems like he's getting on top of the world. He's on top of the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and any other comic. By the way, I wouldn't say jealous. I was jealous of their art, not jealous of people know them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go yeah, more. The Rising Tide lifts all boats.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Everyone everybody else does good. It's good for everybody.
Speaker 3: If people love your podcast, let's go find more podcasts for everybody.
Speaker 1: How do you when you make those relationships with those types of guys? Is there a level of because, like you say, Rising Tide Lifts all boats? Yeah, you're looking at these other comedians. Everyone's got a podcast now. Everyone does skits, everyone does shows, Like, is there a level of sketches?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do sketches. My fault, your little skits, you little ski Yeah yeah, my bad, my bad. Yeah, I've seen a couple of those little skits. They're solid. Dude, saw the football the football coach. One class. It's a class.
Speaker 2: That's what I do.
Speaker 3: Like at the like a family, like a family reunion when I was like in middle school, like a skip yeah, but you don't do you do sketches nothing but the football one put that that. I bet that is made me. I mean.
Speaker 2: Three million dollars.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, that bit. I don't know that number like that. I mean, I don't know how to say like that, but I'm trying to put an an estimate.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, someone was like getting that kind of attraction necessary.
Speaker 3: It wasn't unecessary, but I'm trying to the magnitude of I mean a kid came up to me yesterday in the airport. Dude, are either a football coach? I go if they say that, I just go, yeah, you know, not the game anymore?
Speaker 2: Game anymore?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They let me go for that. They let me go for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You when you're with these comedians, do you like in the back of your mind, like how do I do a sketch with this guy? Like you look at a Gillian Keeps for instance, those guys like, yeah, how do you get in there with that?
Speaker 3: Well that's every so everybody you want to write, I like to write what's in my head, act with in my head, and I like to get actors to play my things. Yeah, so I don't We've I've partnered up sometime with like Trevor Wallace, Trey Kennedy, some other local comics to be in my videos. But I think we we all look at each other as like it's like, you know, Michael Jordan wanted to play against the best and like a worthy adversary. We don't look at him. We're like, oh, I hope he gets canceled. Yeah, I mean no, we don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that one name, that foot in your mind went out real fast.
Speaker 2: We don't we you would hope that he Yeah, you don't hope that you would hope.
Speaker 3: You're like you watch other people's stuff right there, bits their angles, and you go, you go like, ah, man's a great joke. Yeah, I got it makes you want to go back and write and hone your stuff and make it better. Not I I wish.
Speaker 1: Oh, boys and girls, we terre up this episode to bring you true classic dads. They come in all shapes and sizes. But if there's one thing these guys are good at, it's great fitting T shirt for every single body.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I have myself a couple of true classic t's in my house, and I will tell you when I put that thing on, maybe I ate a little too much, a couple too many burgers, the Hue Babies down the street, maybe a milkshake or two. I put these boys on. I'm still feeling a little joke. Grab grabs the arms and you got the uh. And then if form fits in a healthy way, you got some hips. Boys and girls don't want you gonna be aye. This thing's gonna help you out just the way you want to be helped out. Two Classic T's two Classic shirts are are ultrasoft and fitting in the arms and shoulders, with just enough room where you need it for the perfect fit and the perfect feel. All day, I just said that, but now I'm reading it. Bundle and save on packs of your favorite style, from button downs to Henley's two polos. But it doesn't stop there, from their latest comfort jeans and chinos to the to no Ride boxer briefs. True Classic is your one stop shop for all your wardrobe needs, bringing that dedication to fit and feel to everything else you need to get dressed. Whether you're running your next marathon or running errands and a wait and a run around block is dude, Come on, Taylor, come on brother, Whether you're running your next marathon, or running errands and a and a run around the block is more your speed. Their line of active shirts, shorts, and joggers are moisture wicking and quick quick dry to keep you comfortable so you can keep moving. Man, we doing okay on this ad read voice? Are we doing okay? You guys sticking with me here?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: They are committed to their shirts fitting right, and they have even even have one hundred percent risk free guarantee and easy return so you can feel as good gifting it as they feel wearing it. Premium quality without premium price tags. That's the True Classic difference. True Classic is hooking up our listeners. Hooking our listeners up with an exclusive deal to help you get ahead of gifting. For a limited time only, get twenty five percent off with the code bus at True Classics dot com. That's twenty five percent off with code bus b us plus free shipping including included on purchases over one hundred dollars. Boys, that's a fourth off. That's incredible. Get twenty five percent off at True Classic with promo with promo code Bus at True Classic tas dot com Forward slash bus hashtag True Classic pod my God right only shift.
Speaker 3: That was a tough one to get through.
Speaker 1: There's only there's only two more, thank goodness, but true Classic TA. Seriously, they're elite. They're elite, and they're way more elite than my ad reading abilities.
Speaker 3: I think it's the eyes. I'm gonna blame it in the eyes today.
Speaker 1: With that being said, please enjoy the next part of this episode before we gets another app When you when you look at somebody else's writing writing jokes, like, how do you not steal jokes? It's gotta be one of the harder things to do, especially when you find somebody that's similar to you, You're like, oh, I could rewire this just a little bit.
Speaker 2: I have moved That's like, that's like the golden rule, right, fire it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, so somebody came up and told me a joke like in the you should say X, Y and Z my like meet and greet or something to go. You should add this to that joke. And I did it the next night and it crushed. I was like like, oh real, No, I didn't like it that they were like off the street and they were like do this and it worked. You Like, I don't like this is individual. This wasn't another comedian.
Speaker 1: You were doing like some meet and greet and some dude comes up to you and goes a couple of suggestions and did you.
Speaker 3: A napping That's not gonna work? And then I was like, wait, well there might work, And then I wanted did it take you?
Speaker 1: After that conversation, we were like, fuck, that might actually do something the next show? Well yeah, like that night, were you like laying there in bed and just be like, oh my god that it was.
Speaker 3: A matinee and we had ah. So I did it the same day rush and I hated it. I hated the person really. Yeah, I can ever reach out to him and tell him, hey, thank you. No, yeah, forget that. No, no, no, no, I think voted himself. Yes, that's a great joke. Like I think you get. There's a little bit of like if somebody everybody can everybody has like gender jokes, now, yeah, everybody, but there's a certain angle if you do one, somebody else's is better.
Speaker 2: Like like let's say Jim.
Speaker 3: Gaffigan has like the like hot pocket, he has the greatest bit of all time about hot pockets. You're like, you shouldn't do a hot pocket bit. We're like, well you can. Yeah, you're gonna be embarrassed because his if you have one better than his, go go ahead to head with him.
Speaker 2: There's only one one way to find out, and that's to do it.
Speaker 3: Go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the gender thing too, that just seems like it's like snl DU. They just take whatever's going on in the world and they're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that. Yeah. And then and also but then they add this element of not being funny.
Speaker 2: So they're doing great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, some hitters here and there have actually every people here and there that are good. You know what I said, We talked about this on our petcast, our podcast is the thing they do with the switching jokes for each other when Michael check that is so funny. Okay, that is funny, it is, I agree. But every SNEL is very progressive, very you know, they don't make any jokes.
Speaker 1: Can see what you're leaning. While we I spent this podcast twenty three minutes in. I found out where you're saying, can we.
Speaker 2: Get this American flag back here?
Speaker 3: Why is it? Yeah? We have a handshake, yeah forty five guy, but keep going, yeah, but keep going anyway. That's not like about that but just like just think about it from the primaries and I'm just I don't know I was gonna make up I don't know what the primaries are or like the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think anybody knows. No one really started following politics till us to sixteen.
Speaker 2: Now, who has that joke?
Speaker 3: Who has that joke about like we shouldn't like we know too many of the people in politics. Yeah, like we shouldn't in our day to day lives know who Mitch McConnell is. By nature of that job, you shouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know who. I don't know who said that, but I know Shane, I know is a joke.
Speaker 1: Thane does a bit about how like nobody watched their primaries and then like yeah, he just he's like my opponent's gay, and.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh you can do that, Yeah, he's like he's he goes, Nope, I don't know. You can just say that Blatcher just watched him. Just scale the ratings to like the be all end on the one well I was gonna say about SNL is that they're very can't make any jokes about any any any of those And they did this little like like like ornate like switch with like, but like all the jokes are they're wildly racist, wildly racist. You know the joke swap yea where the black guy and the white guy switch jokes. Yes, so I go, and these are all over TikTok. I go.
Speaker 2: So if a ten year old is like.
Speaker 3: Like a black people like gorillas or like black man can't afford to like like feed his family land this plane, what I'm saying is, I go, all these jokes are wildly inappropriate, but you've just like kind of switched it up on us. So you can now say a ten year old kid didn't know any of these things, and now he knows all of those jokes. I go, how are we like it?
Speaker 2: It's fine. I'm a comedian.
Speaker 3: I like jokes. I'm into jokes, but don't say like it's like a ventriloquist. It's like, I'm not racist, the puppet is because the puppet is like okay, but like and you're like, come on, he's saying it.
Speaker 1: The guy his mouth's not moving though, No, like your mouth's not moving. There's no way he said it fully veiled.
Speaker 3: Is this You're like, oh, he's like like Jeff Dunham is like, Ahmed that remember that when you were we were growing up, it was the terrorist and he was like saying all this stuff.
Speaker 2: It was so out of pocket, dude, I can stand him. Remember that.
Speaker 1: I thought that was so annoying with the puppets, I've ever thought that was funny.
Speaker 3: And he was like this guy and he was going, oh, come on, and we shouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he just said it.
Speaker 3: Like this guy rolled show.
Speaker 2: But that's the s n L thing to me.
Speaker 3: It goes.
Speaker 2: But I'm fine with all those jokes. I think they're hilarious.
Speaker 3: Just don't grandstand as SNL were like, like they canceled Shane canceled Melissa Vius and you're like, get them off the show because Shane, what do you have, like a he had a racist tweet?
Speaker 2: Yeah you want to read it out loud, Jack.
Speaker 3: Or what he said? We love Shane with armor, right, there was armor and there was a weak point. That's what we can say about so this. Yeah, yeah, that's what we can say about that. Which like, but we never want to work for SNL. No, No, I mean unless like Republicans got in charge. Then I was just kidding. No, I don't mind I don't mind. I think everybody has. But when you say, like, I don't like you know, it's when a pastor is like, we need to like come out against like my like come out against gay marriage, and then you find out he's like in a secret like gay related Like dude, I guess don't Yeah yeah, maybe that's yeah. Yeah, everybody's the SNL just sneaking under the radar. No one's ever been like, hey, super quick. But by the way, yeah, what you guys should do is you should just make a right wing SNL. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and a bunch of commedians. You just get together.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Fine, whatever channel was willing to take that leap of faith. Right wing SNL. Yeah, right wing SNL, try to give it a run. I think Matt TV was so funny. Yeah wait what about uh? I always here that like the like gut Feld and stuff like that. It's like it like beats the Tonight Show by like yeah, that's gut feled. Gutfel is like Fox. It's like Fox News like Late Night Show, the gut Fell look at the look up the show. It's like a he goes, what's gut felt? And that's wild because you live in Nashville. Yeah, look up the late night late night TV show rate that show. You ever seen that show? Never?
Speaker 2: Really, not once?
Speaker 3: Look up the late night late night ratings, all the late night that's he does like a panel show. It's like, goes up against all the late night shows.
Speaker 2: When you were when you were starting this, this, this comedy, were you ever like I want to be a movie star or I want to have my own show. I want to be a talk show host where you would look at these radios.
Speaker 3: I could do this. God fail's number one, number one? And what every late night late night TV. Yes, he beats SNL he beat No, he beats uh, look at the writings right there. He beats Colbert two more than four million total viewers. And what is it is this that's higher than the Late Show with COVID, higher than the Tonight Show? And what does he do? It's like a Chelsea Lately type show just sits around. It's like a panel show. I just roast people and but it's conservative, like that's what. Like, it's so funny that we're talking about this. Yeah, it's a while. I never thought we get on a thing like this. You're saying all the words though I'm kind of just you. You're the one.
Speaker 2: You're the one doing it. I'm down to have this conversation as long as I can stay in the same going.
Speaker 3: To clip this and use it against you. We're you're saying no, no, don't be irloquist to me all of a sudden, it's my mouth not moving. But like Taylor said, this, Jeff done of me. You chucked out on me. I put on media.
Speaker 2: He's not saying it.
Speaker 3: The puppet is like in the when I lived in LA when like that Hillary Trump election was happening, and like couldn't find a soult you couldn't find a Trump flag.
Speaker 2: You couldn't find a Trump nothing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It was on in the basement of their house. Yeah, but everyone.
Speaker 3: It's the same with like it's same with like Adam Carolla, he has a podcast huge, Like all the biggest podcasts are like this isn't I'm not even he was speaking facts.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking fact. You're just speaking fast.
Speaker 3: And Shapiro I just one like all those guys like Matt Watsh is the biggest, but you can't find anybody around.
Speaker 2: It's like I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like Adam Carolla, he's like speaking just the most truth out and no one listens. But the podcast is number one. Yeah, you go, what's going on? Right? Everybody has to be like the secret I was gonna say, like the underground railroad, but that's probably not a good analogy now, especially where we've been going in this whole podcast. You're trying to take this down. If underground rail robust the boys kids.
Speaker 1: When I say any of this, bro, I said, we know of this underground railroad.
Speaker 2: That's a tough yeah, but keep going, dude, not fucking going on.
Speaker 3: I'm loving this.
Speaker 2: It's not standing just its like nobody can.
Speaker 3: Nobody can. It's like, uh would to be like, I mean not anymore because they've kind of like somehow even come back around themselves. But like six seven years ago Nickelback, Yeah, I mean that's not it's a hack.
Speaker 2: Joke now, but like Nickelback's the worst band ever.
Speaker 3: Hem you know where they play when they come to town, Nissan Stadium. Right, who's going, right, everybody? We have Nickelback fans. The Nickelback came on this podcast.
Speaker 1: I literally told them when I was like thirteen, fourteen years old, all my classrooms Nickelbacks sucks.
Speaker 2: They're the worst. I'd be like, hell, yeah they do.
Speaker 3: I didn't know, yeah at all, I knew like for you other songs like hell, they were all awesome songs. Yeah, but you know Nickelback's terrible sheep. Yeah it turned on your Spotify there's the top five songs. Yeah, like there's a lot of Nickelback in here. So what do you think that is?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and don't dive into mainstream media and why that's a that's not real?
Speaker 3: Why? So? Yeah? Well why is gut Fell the biggest and no one is having a hard time understanding Gutfeld? It's so okay. It's like wing Tonight Show. Tonight Show, yeah is it? Yeah, that's a good way. The talk show on Fox News.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on Fox News late nights.
Speaker 3: More like entertainment drill than actually talk to the hardcore red folks though they say Fox News is liberal now too. Oh yeah they've even turned on it. Yeah all right, so why why like we make it? We have these jokes at are show. I go, everyone is like in real life, like such a good person, but inside like yeah, I say, my whole show is just the.
Speaker 2: Group text with your buddies out loud. I love that's all.
Speaker 3: That's a great analogy. Yes, and we're like, John, do you care about children? Yes, of course. Would you like to donate a dollar to help children? No, no chance. Would you like to write your meal is seven dollars and ninety eight cents? Would you like to round up children? Nah? Good on that. No way, but is bad inside.
Speaker 1: But you find the way and you're in your Yeah, just absolutely move on from that. You find a way to be a tailed person. Next question.
Speaker 2: At the end of this year, I'm going to invite people to get saved. At the end, it all happens.
Speaker 3: It's everyone.
Speaker 2: They're bad. You have people in a blender talking like that.
Speaker 3: Dang dude, this guy got a.
Speaker 2: Psychology that you have on people is crazy.
Speaker 1: But you look at you watch your you watch your stand up, and it seems like I mean you do like I would let my kids sit down and watch it and enjoy it, and it's like funny.
Speaker 2: But it's like good, you got in doctrinate early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're not talking about like you know, Bill Burr or Gillis or you know these guys that are coming out there with the.
Speaker 3: Well, everybody, like everybody, everybody needs to be themselves. So like if you got a com I grew up like I just wasn't allowed to swear in my house. That was a preacher. We lived in the South. We were homeschooled, so like I called my brother a butt head one time and I got my mouth washed out. Was so good. I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should do that too for your kids.
Speaker 3: I do. Yeah. Well, so so that's just how I grew up. And that's like kind of the world you I see the world. And so we need we need all all the comedians to like you take it from that way, I'll take it from this way stupor like Andrew Dice Clays like yeah, like all those guys that came before us that are very dirty, and then like some people are. We need everybody and everybody's like comic comic comedy is very subjective, where like you could be like this hilarious. You show your wife. She's like, I don't think it's funny. You're like, how it's very You can't you can't say another comedian is not funny. It's not funny to you. Yeah, that's it. Like football is objective. That guy's good, that guy's not. Everybody there's a there's levels of grays. In some areas there is there is a black and white he's good or he's not. And then once you get to the he's good parts, like how good are we talking? Yeah? Is he great? Yeah? I guess there's ticket sales and I guess followers maybe, But I wouldn't even say that because some guys came up, came around before, like Zany's is like, you know, it's a very unique time of comedy because they're open every day, every day of the week. It's sold out one day Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. You got these like niche niche like podcasters and likes not a good.
Speaker 2: Word, No, you're good. Yeah, you got close to being a bad word.
Speaker 3: Wow. All right, I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm done. I'm done with that. Yeah it was the puppet, it was yeah, uh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: These niches, it's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, thursdays sold out.
Speaker 3: These niches like podcasts and like comics that are like huge internet followings and like the lines wrapped around the building.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know who they are.
Speaker 3: Then you got these like killers on the weekend, not the weekends, it's different now, but that you you got these guys that came up in the game but don't have social media presence and are just killers and can't fill the place.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that it is just because social media plays such a big role.
Speaker 3: But there's they're great comics, and sometimes you get a comic in there that is that has a huge following but is not good at comedy.
Speaker 2: The then that hurts comedy.
Speaker 3: It goes.
Speaker 2: I went to say he's one time, and it was this guy that he didn't know what.
Speaker 3: He was doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, some guys that can fill it up, will do like a Q and a yeah.
Speaker 1: But is there a time and a place for that though, like doing crowd work and working on stuff yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like we had a Steve Burn on here and he says he goes on legend, He'll just go and play do twenty five minutes and just.
Speaker 3: Do just crowd crowd work, yeah the whole time. Yeah, he's one of the if you've ever seen Steve burn do it when he's when it's going, yeah, nothing better.
Speaker 1: Would you say there's guys out there that came on the scene real fast, but they're not good comics. If it's bad for comedy, Yeah, what makes it bad for comedy just because somebody saw their show once, They're like, comedy is not for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, so doing a live stand up show is I've been doing stand up for twelve years. I on became popular like five years ago, so I had seven years of that math, right, I had seven years of like going on the weekends in the bars and like getting honing the craft to make it a good show. Sometimes guys pop off doing the skits. And then I had no idea that was that kind of a word. I'm so sorry for saying that. It's kind of like never again. Never again. It's like I'm not going to make another joke because I feel like I'm kind of thin ice here on this. No no, no, you're.
Speaker 1: This has been outstanding. I really I've really enjoyed this, especially because you don't like we never really like talked.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, and so twice but yeah and then he gets pink eye yeah on his own on his own accord, like this decided we warts into a microphone on Saturday, has pink I'm onny only we only we led him off the hook for that because he has a kid. Otherwise, if you're a single dude, out there with pink eye. That's tough.
Speaker 2: Well, you're doing some crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's tough to justify. I think that with the kid thing, I think you can get it that way you have kids. I don't have any kids.
Speaker 2: I had two kids. I've never had pink eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's also Will is not here to defend himself.
Speaker 3: I'm not. This is what I was This is what I was thinking on the way over, is like, like we there's like a lot of like celebrity pastors and stuff like that. Like a lot of pastors are becoming like famous now, and like they don't like if they are not preaching that Sunday morning, they won't like advertise because they want because if if that pastor is not there, nobody comes to church because they want to hear the personality. So like, do you does Will like does he want this episode to do worse? So he good question? Or does if he's like, dude, this episode was like double in views. We're good with that, Like he doesn't you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I don't know. Or does he want it to be like marginally worse but still charting does do well though he doesn't want it to be like double I.
Speaker 2: Think regardless, this was gonna do well because you're you're on this point.
Speaker 3: I was saying, out of pocket. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think uh.
Speaker 2: I mean I could sit here and pretend like Will would care, but I don't think he would. Dude, he seems yeah, he's yeah, he's doing We're all just trying to, yeah, try to make ship in the right direction.
Speaker 3: So like if there's somebody like uh, like uh, Jimmy Fallons, like out for two weeks and somebody hosts the Tonight Show and they're like, dude, you you kind of hope ratings are down. Yeah, you would in that situation if you have any kind of ego, if it was an individual if this was an individual sport, and I was it was like, you know, just my podcast, and then I had to get out and Will came in and Will was not in the podcast anything like that.
Speaker 2: I just crushed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so funny. It was this, he's that, and I should let him just have it, I guess, just let him do it. Yeah, if you're not there, because like we had we had used to go to a church in la where the past it was like justin Bieber's church and this the very very on the church or on the church. No, he didn't he went to the church. It was felt like, you know, the Kardashians would come there and all the time. It was very cross point. But yeah, but like it's like cross point, but like real celebrities go there. Yeah, it's a little different. Yeah, yeah, that's just weird. It was just unnecessary, no need for that.
Speaker 1: You pulled a little bit of truth there, because nationals like that come on. There's a lot of people out here and there's somebody that they're not tough. It's a tough look, it is. But at the same time, sometimes you had to pretend like you're somebody until you become somebody.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess. But like the biggest people in this town are like the kindest people ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see Brad Paisley, and who's the biggest in this town? Right was here last night? It's probably Swift.
Speaker 3: Didn't live here.
Speaker 2: I don't think she lives.
Speaker 3: She does, she does. There was always rumors floating around she lives wherever he lives, wherever she wants, he lives she wants Yeah, like, well, no, probably Swift.
Speaker 2: I've never.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if Bob would be a good example politically, he's on the right page. Yeah, I just joking, dude, I'm just jokeing. These are jokes, by the way, Yeah, no, they're not. Dude. Before we got on here, dude, he took his he took his MAGA hat off.
Speaker 1: He's like, let's do this thing. Makes a lot of it's all. I'm all connecting the dots now, Dude. I had a big flag in his truck as he pulled up.
Speaker 3: To came out. Made a big change.
Speaker 1: Everybody like, I want to stay on that. Who do Who is the biggest person in Nashville?
Speaker 2: You think? I think he's in Texas. I think Garth Books is in Texas.
Speaker 1: Also, Alex, if you want to speak at the microphone, yeah you should know.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Garth might be it. But yeah, you're right. A lot of people you meet.
Speaker 3: Earth Brooks that like TGI Fridays to be like what's up. There's no like the La la celebrity is different. These people like if you saw Brad Payte, But they've all come through. They've all come through Zanies, Keith Urban, Nicole kimm and Brad Pays, Luke Bryan.
Speaker 2: They're all like, what's up dead? That's awesome, all of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of them.
Speaker 2: I love that. Is there a reason why you decided to leave LA?
Speaker 3: Wow? Does what we just talked about have anything to do with you leaving La?
Speaker 2: That in the politics?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wellising the celebrities so we would get like we would get like booking requests to like and we started.
Speaker 2: I moved here because we started touring by bus.
Speaker 3: So like we have we have the whole southeast region. Yeah, you go, you can go to night, you can do like Nashville, Louisville, Lexington, Chattanooga, Augusta, Macon, Atlanta, Birmingham, Hunts Like every ninety miles is like a new markets right there. That's a good brand.
Speaker 2: It's only like three that's like right here. Yeah, like we did.
Speaker 3: We'll do nine ten cities in Florida just Jacksonville, Panama City, Mobiles in Alabama. But we go like if you if you go west of Kansas City, we have six markets total. You got La, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Portland. Yeah, we do good. We do well in Portland, Sacramento. That's it.
Speaker 2: So it's much better to be in this area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because they're like, this is a true fact that you guys can look it up. If somebody told me Nashville, Tennessee, is it's a ten hour drive that seventy five percent of the population of America. Of America because you can get all the way almost up to like New York City, but you can get all the way up to Ohio. That would be that you'd have to get to New York City for that to make sense. Maybe it's New York City in La right, and then Chicago. You get to Chicago. You get to Chicago. You can get all the way to Kansas City. Oh, you can't get to Dallas, speaking all the way down and then all the way over you're still busting you fly Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's out there.
Speaker 2: In the bus grind. Do you have a tour bus?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We got home this morning.
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: From where do we come from? Fort Myers?
Speaker 3: Is that does that grind never gets here? You're like, man, I wish I did something different. Oh uh no not. I love the doing it. Yeah, but I say it's probably similar to football. You're like, yeah, yeah, the game's awesome obviously, but like, come when do you have to decide if you're gonna do it again? What month?
Speaker 2: Play football game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I can. I can take as long as I want. No like what like I like?
Speaker 2: JJ Reddick would always talk about that.
Speaker 3: He goes, it's awesome to like, but I'm I gotta get my boy, like, are you are we gonna do this? Oh?
Speaker 2: When you can go play against season?
Speaker 3: Like? It all depends. The season ends in June? Who who season? If you're in the finals, the NBA finals.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah you said football and he said, we're gonna yeah, we're gonna have to go to school here first.
Speaker 3: Okay, season ends a middle beginning of February. Yeah, what if you're on a let's say you're on a one year if you all right, you look at your wife, you look at your like, am I gonna are we doing this again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And it depends on injury.
Speaker 3: March April, yeah, because April like April twentieth, Yeah, okay is usually when OTA start.
Speaker 2: And that's the and when's the first game? End of September beginning September September like eleventh is sho.
Speaker 3: So everybody loves the games. I love performing obviously, it's awesome. But you go, all right, and a lot of there's a lot of country artists like in this town that are not like making like money, money money, right, they go to keep like another album another It's just if you're not obsessed with it, it's you're done so creatively.
Speaker 1: Like what kind of toll does that take on you when you're writing new jokes? Because I'm sure, I'm sure you were the funniest kid at the picnic growing up, Like you're always telling jokes and always had something when you started, there's probably a nervous energy of just going up there last fifteen minutes of the sermon and kind of just having a good time.
Speaker 3: Got a heat and at what point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at what point did he? It's serious for you and you're like, I got to really right stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean it's the uh I think when when you start producing specials, Yeah, so then you you've produced an hour special when everyone comes to your show, like I got a special coming out this month actually, and then.
Speaker 2: So hopefully the whole show is new.
Speaker 3: So if you watch the special buy tickets, that hour has to be new from what you just saw on videos. So anytime you release them on video, it's now cut from the live show because they don't want to see. Comedy is different from music in that way you go see music, play the hits. Yeah, all we've all heard that. We can sing a long one A comedy shows like if I hear any joke, I've already heard before. The element of surprises all we have. That's why comics are big on like not eleven the cell phones and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, does that A is that like a worldwide thing with the with the cell phones where it costs a lot of money to do that put it in the Yeah, like Bill Bird, Bill Bird and Fenway Park with the I go.
Speaker 3: I mean it was like two hours before everyone was seated because everyone has to put their cell phone in a They give you this magnetic pouch and they click it clothes so you can still like so that nobody wants there, But who's going to watch this a grainy cell phone video from a screen in the middle of the Fenway Park?
Speaker 2: You know sometimes you do that. I've watched a bootleg film, have you?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, people getting up and walking uh the middle of the film. Like yeah, Well, the problem comedy now is like all the all TikTok is is just crowd work.
Speaker 2: Something going bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, somebody yelling out something out of pocket, and then it's like, oh, like a prepared, like planned bit of social commentary is like what what loser got? Like prepared? It's not. But you just go out there, like where do you live and you're like, oh, it's like is this your wife?
Speaker 2: No, it's my sister ah.
Speaker 3: Or whatever you yeah, whatever that is? Yeah, yeah, yeah, but there's a lot of that. Yeah, a lot of that. Well that's the easiest cause people don't understand comics don't want to burn material, so you don't want to put it. Oh, so you have to have something holstered at all time. You don't want to post it because if you posted, they go that's layers. They come to the show, they don't want to see that. So if you have a iconic bit, you're hoping that doesn't make it to the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't there guys like uh, I always a big Dane Cook guy, which I feel like every time I talk to a comedian and they're like, oh, Dan Cook, No.
Speaker 2: Dane Cook done has done a lot for comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so you're a pro Dane Cook guy. Well yeah, I wasn't. But then I found out a voted Republican. So I was like, you know, I just kidd no more. That's the last one. That's the last one. But he would he'd had the co he had like the kool Aid guy joke, and then like his next special would come out and he'd be like say something the cool a guy everyone lose. Yeah, do like at you do, like if it's iconic like that. I mean like Brian Reagan used to do like a like an Encore and then he'd go yell out old bits. Yeah. I mean you can kind of do it that right if you have like transcendent ones, but you don't really want to. I mean if you do in a bit like too long and people start like, you can tell a joke has like diminishing returns if you're like obviously a lot of things are timely. So if you're talking about any COVID jokes now or like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Move on what he's doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a lot of them are done like in a way that it's like about the side effects two years later. If what you're talking about, I saw this guy were driving his car and he was wearing a mask. What's that like, dude, yeah doing Yeah, that's been but that bit crushed.
Speaker 2: That horse is dead.
Speaker 3: But that horse was running so hard for you first, so you're like, I'm gonna just I'm gonna keep betting on this horse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep going till it the wheels just absolutely fall off.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's like probably a lot of athletes are probably similar, like, dude, this was the move. I don't know this for so long, and you're like, dude, you gotta yeah.
Speaker 1: There was like uh for my position, it'd be like being a pitcher, like you gotta sit there, you have your fastball of how you handle a pass, and then you kind of play the game.
Speaker 3: I had like three four moves. I just consistent. Yeah, yeah, going that type of thing. I'm a big Braves fan. And he came out of the bullpen. He's like, I'm gonna start. That's a different that's a different energy for pitching six and I have seven innings, Like I'm gonna just come through some heat out of the and close this game or rip them. Yeah, or Kobe switched his game up when he got older. A lot of people have adjusted there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to sometimes. I mean by the time catchers up with all of us.
Speaker 3: Well, so like a lot of so dang Cook, so you go when he was me and Nate Parganzi had this covert here right now, My god, I'm just rocked his hoodie.
Speaker 2: I know, I was looking at you. I can't imagine what he's going through right now.
Speaker 3: I could.
Speaker 2: That's not is that my part of it? We can't got me to open it up for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Is it hot?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's raint, but that's not part of this podcast. What a horrible time they interrupt you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm good with that. It's just lead paint. We'll be all right. As Jack's joke that, yeah, well all right, so dank Cook if he goes, hey, dude, I was like when I was like when he was doing arenas. You're making all these jokes about like, you know, drinking or I don't know what he's talking about drinking or hooking up with girls in college and all these stuff. But you got to understand, well, those people now have have mortgages and kids in school, and like they have, they are so you have to go with them, right and you guys for the pod, you're different the stuff you were talking about at the beginning. Now you have kids and families, and it's it's because your fan base is developing too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're changing, so you should change with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's not like if you're doing that.
Speaker 3: No, it's just like freaking the boys and we're at Whiskey Road, like, dude, you got a family, bro, Yeah that you should also.
Speaker 1: Develop probably think about being a little more growing up then.
Speaker 3: Boys. So we gotta yeah, we should stop. Very good, we should stop doing what he just said. They're good. Yeah, it was some straight person here, all right, Well we gotta at some point, we gotta stop.
Speaker 1: It didn't cook gun on stage right now and he was sitting there at forty nine to fifty. However old you like he started being talking about bitches. Yeah, dang, Like what do we do? Did someone pulls them over the side? Like whispers in his ear. He's like, hey, it's gotta be tough, dude, if you because the thing that always work for you is now it's outdated. And you go, what, yeah, but you But that's everybody.
Speaker 3: I guess like a lot of like and I love I'm probably one of the biggest fans like Brad Paisley, he's like you brought him up a lot. Have I?
Speaker 2: Yeah I love Bradley? Yeah have I already? Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: He sings this song like uh like like olcohol. It's like really like jingly like country. And when you were when we were like when country was like not, you were like, this is incredible, Like, uh.
Speaker 2: What's that song? I'm still a guy like I'm gonna miss her.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna miss is that brad Paisley like those you know the girls gonna leave them? And now you look at like like what Morgan is doing and what Ernest and Hardy and jelly roll and it's like country. It the genre has changed, so guys are talking about like real things and like you you feel like you know them and addiction and struggles it and you're like, dude, this is like I feel like I'm at church right right, And it's like what happened to you?
Speaker 2: Like because the whole thing changed. Comedy is the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like bank in like the nineties, like, well that isn't right, that's that we don't you listen.
Speaker 2: To old comedy. You're like, this isn't as funny as I Like.
Speaker 3: What's the guy that had to can arrow through as a Steve Harvey. No, no, Steve Martin, Steve Steve Harvey. That'd be a wild bit. Martin. He was like doing arenas, he was doing stadiums with these like hokey like bit and you're like, well, that's what comedy was, and so the whole, the whole, all art is always developing.
Speaker 1: When when it comes to comedy, like are you trying to always look towards the future and see like how things are going to change? You kind of just stay with what you know and you see because you do a lot of observations. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is funny, and this is why it's funny from day about Yeah, you talk about like you're like a joke about like the guy Derek Stroup is the guy that comes down the road with me and he's he's been doing this joke for the last two weeks about about bud Light. It's just been murder. Yeah, but that like that's gonna be in like three months, it's gonna be over. I would I mean, I would say easier than that. I would say maybe a month. Right, So you go, but you have to talk about what everyone else also is on their subconscious if you mentioned something that everybody doesn't know about, like if you go, dude, the A lot of comics get in trouble a lot with with TV shows, Like if you're a Game of Thrones guy, you think everybody is a Game of Thrones person because you're in it. And then you're like, dude, freaking I don't know the show Caalise and everybody goes what you go, oh shoot, And that's a lot of the LA comics they live in LA or the Austin comics and they're like, dude, this is killing. And then they go on the road to Wichita and yeah, they go, we just make we don't know what this is, right, Yeah, we don't have no Wichita, no, no chance.
Speaker 2: The don't even have the.
Speaker 3: Internet barely, they barely got it out there. Yeah, but having like a like I feel like religion, I mean your hold that stand up in Birmingham like that you can you can sit on that for a while. Yeah, well, I mean like that's been written, that's been around for a while. The religion has been around, it's been around for a minute. That let's see, now everybody knows what, let's say of like Christianity, everybody in here. Does everybody know who David and Goliath is? Yes, obviously. Does everybody know what knows arc is? Yes? Yes? And these are religious or not. I have no idea, but we just know it because I don't know how. Yeah, we just how do you know about that?
Speaker 1: Just grow up and people tell you, yeah, yeah, you go to what like everybody at some point has been to church write at some point, and you know what else do you know about it?
Speaker 3: Uh? They meet on Sunday. Uh, you gotta pay, you gotta they gotta pay money. Uh yeah, allegedly depends. Uh there's a preach like the but I don't talk about anything that's too Like I have this joke about Uh this is like the most in depth Bible joke, and you guys will probably all get it. I go. Everybody's naming their kids after Bible character, Like my name is John, named after John the Baptist. Me and I go, I don't like, I go this guy baptized Christ like I used to cup on it Wendy's yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I'm not right, And I go.
Speaker 3: My nephews named Ezekiel, and he's like Ezekiel was a warrior like in the like my nephew Ezekiel extreme peanut allergy. So if you don't know who that character is, you get the joke. Yeah, you're like, okay, he's like the But there's a level of an explanation too. I mean, but if if you said Ezekiel to me, I'd be like, yeah, that's Doe.
Speaker 2: Have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like if you go to like a trying to think, if you went to like a like earthquake.
Speaker 2: You know what earthquake is, right, like the national disaster.
Speaker 3: No, okay, earthquake is. It's a good that's the same thing, same thing as Gutfeld. This guy knows nothing is I don't even know why I'm here, right, earthquake. You should have just done this show by comedian Earthquake. He's a comedian. He's one of the greatest of all times. But Earthquake is a a urban comic only black audiences, Like it's having.
Speaker 1: It's good for you the way your podcast has been going to fling a black guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's my favorite comedian, really.
Speaker 3: Sprinkling American, like tell me, yeah, that's all right, Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, urban comic, yes, urban.
Speaker 3: So so if he he'll sell out a show everywhere. And this is like I would say, Dave Chappelle or like Kevin Hart is like for everybody.
Speaker 2: Right, they've they they're not for.
Speaker 3: So you got gay comics, you got Jewish comics, you got Muslim comics. That's urban comic, you got uh, there's comics that are like they're they're in their sixties and they're they're just for If you went to his show, there would be things like my show, they were like I kind of get it. But if you were in that culture, like if you were the core demographic, you'd be like, this is the funniest thing.
Speaker 2: Right, And that kind of goes back to what you were saying about how like it's not for like.
Speaker 3: Or if he would be like, oh you know, I'm not gonna was gonna yeah first catch of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah he goes they like he would do, and you go, I don't really know exactly, like the black community loves this, like just the little Einstein's you know what that is? No, you know that is you gotta start saying it that I know dummer as this podcast that song is okay, what is it? Who's Mitch okay, Little Einstein I went to. I went to this the like it was like a like you know, it was called the I went to to like it was in my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: It was called the Universe Soul Circus.
Speaker 3: S O U L. It's like the Black Circus. I don't that's okay to say. I mean, yeah, it's called the Universe Soul Circus. Brother, you this is you're saying the words okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, and it's going that's what it's. It's like, it's like and they came out to Little Einstein's and the yeah and and the whole yes and the whole everybody in there. I was the only white guy in there. Everybody was going nuts like that was their theme song. And I was like, I don't. I wasn't a part of this, right, It wasn't a part of this. I don't know what the song was. And everybody's like, right, So everybody has their like all the songs that I sang at the top of my special.
Speaker 2: If you're like in it, you're like, I can't believe he knows us. And that's all. That's all great comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get in the audience too, of your people now, if you're if you your people, everybody has their own. Yeah, just just turned into a bottom nitpick every little thing.
Speaker 2: My kid on that would be on that. Yeah, already been canceled.
Speaker 3: Black culture is really the best culture when it comes because the laughs are harder.
Speaker 2: It's it's more theatrical.
Speaker 3: If a black guy. You ever had a black guy like in the airport, like compliment your shoes.
Speaker 2: No, you see what I wear? You know, black guy?
Speaker 3: Comm I've had dude, Yeah, yeah, but I feel like I wear those because one I've had him for so long. But also I think it's funny. You know you all your teammates are black, most of them. Yeah, they think you're cool.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 3: Situation depending.
Speaker 1: The best complement you can get from a guy is uh, it is just hey man lawan, like you're you're pretty cool for a white guy's name.
Speaker 2: Last Yeah, you hit the lawn with it, and you're like, yeah cool for a.
Speaker 3: White with us. Yeah you made it. Yeah made Yeah the Black comedy I did. Uh you know Bill Bellamy? Yes, remember that? Like Bill Bellamy was like, yeah, I played with the Russell Bellamy one time. Yeah, there you go. Maybe I don't think they're related. Oh, that's you can't say that, I don't think because they're yeah, I'm just kidding. Uh. He was. I was like coming up in comedy. He was coming to my local comedy club, and I don't know what. I was like, very young, hungry, like I was like, I want to go. I was like, hey, can I do like a guest guest set in front of you, which is pretty common, and he goes, you can do five minutes on my show. It's all black, okay. So I'm like, and I have never I've never I have no idea what I'm doing. Yeah, So I and I thought it would be funny if I dressed like I dressed like in like khakis and like a button up like I thought, new Balance shoes like that more, Yeah, to try to be more. And I and I was like, I was kind of gonna and I was really really nervous. There's three hundred people sold out and everybody's there for Bill Bellamy, and I go, there go. Our next comic is a local comic, John Chris, and I woke up there and I was like, uh, yeah, this isn't really my demographic either. He started dying and then I go, I go, I'm only I'm gonna be up here. I've been doing like five minutes because I got to get back to being a waiter at the Toby Keith Bar. It was across the street and they were dying and I was like yeah, and I was like and I did my whole set and it was great.
Speaker 2: Everybody liked it. And then I got confident.
Speaker 3: And I know, I know, and then the next show they were like we loved it, like, come do the the nine thirty show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I literally.
Speaker 3: Walked out like ha and they were like, no, dude, this guy out, this is a killer. Didn't need the I was like, dude, I'm like, black people love me. They're like, no, we don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: And the first groups like that guy's pretty funny, and I was like you get him out of here.
Speaker 1: I was like immediately like what yeah, and they were like bye damn. But like, imagine there's a lot of black guys at your show.
Speaker 3: Mmmm. They gotta yeah, which is which, Yeah, it's on the market, yeah, but they do it. Is a black crowd will take you to higher heights. Ever elaborate on that, ever, like if if a black crowd loves you they're standing up there, they running out of the room like just way more energy and that. Everybody will say that this is all facts, this is all fat, this is all fat, They're all fact. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would watch like Kat Williams.
Speaker 1: Oh he would tell jokes and people be like falling in the aisles and ship like that.
Speaker 3: That's the cant Yeah, you see that energy. I mean if you're watching it on old like YouTube, it comes through that. Yeah, this is you like and you don't even know what the joke is. My favorite comedian is Kat Williams. Is it?
Speaker 2: That's why I started comedy. The Pimp Chronicles.
Speaker 3: I saw it when I was in Arizona at a house party a state in the Union. Somebody was watching and I go, what is this? And my dad was a preacher and I was like, this man is captivating this audience like I've never seen my entire life, And I go, I want to do that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever felt a situation like that before?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You've like, man, I really just fucking took these people to Oh yeah, guess they got to be the best thing in the world making people laugh. Nothing better. Man.
Speaker 2: It is the live show.
Speaker 3: I mean, we used to spend twenty two hours in Hampton In and Louisville, Like this is brutal, but that you know what I'm saying, but that we wouldn't be out here if if it wasn't for the live show is just so just so intoxicating. I can't imagine. Don't believe we do.
Speaker 2: We do like a small live show. We did a little spring tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even if you get like a giggle, it feels good, you can go. Well, I started, I started, like Jerry Seinfeld has told this story about what's your what's your vibe on Jerry Seinfeld? I like Jerry Seinfeld? You do because I've only heard negative things about him as a person and I never met him. I never met him. I love I love I love the show. Really, I love the show. And I think of what he's done for comedies. It helped a lot of people, paved a lot of roads for a lot of people to come behind him. And he's the guy that's meticulous about writing and working.
Speaker 1: Do you say, uh, go and finish your thought about Jerry And I'll try to remember this question, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jerry, Well, he said when he was on his he told the story famously he was on a stoop in his backyard with him and his buddy when he was like six, and they were eating milk and cookies. It's his story, not mine, reading milk and cookies, and Jerry said something so funny that the kid spit his milk and cookies out on and he's like, I want to do this. The rest of my life really was so and it wasn't like now the shows are four and five and six thousand people, but when when it was during COVID and there was like sixty, it was it was just as you know what I'm saying, it's not it's just people to laugh in them laugh. It's like still like you live for it's the same. Yeah, you hope there's more people and you're making more money, but that just makes it more complicated. This is like what.
Speaker 2: About it makes it more complicated. There's just more things that goes on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a managers and there's a lot of stress about like ticket sales and like there's a lot of a lot of people to pay, a lot of people to pay, and a lot of people that are you know.
Speaker 1: It's tough looking at a top number and then seeing after everything happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bottom like, oh we're killing it.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, yeah, now we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's but it's there's a lot of you just started because Jerry Seinfeld, I feel like you just wanted to make your buddy laugh and then it turned it into your agent was like, well you should, I mean we we had a meeting about like taxes or something like. This is not why.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A lot of comics burn it all down and they can't.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have pots, but you have to have this back end knowledge of advertisers and you got to pay these people, and you got hr and you got to figure the other side out. Creative has to kind of figure the other side out manageably enough.
Speaker 2: Well place people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just more overhead.
Speaker 3: But just top. Yeah, it's just hard. It's impossible to be an artist because now you have to do the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you become more well rounded, it makes life a whole lot easier, way easier, and you don't have to stress about what you don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, yeah, but at the beginning you did everything. You bought the mics. I'm sure at the beginning I bought Will bought the mics. I bought the bus.
Speaker 1: I bought the bus boys and paid for like all this little soundproofing thing that hardly works.
Speaker 3: We always get complaints about our audio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are like, hey, but now we got somebody else to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boys in the back, I got you know what, I never noticed, right, I never noticed. I didn't know the thing about the teeth until I see you up close. Yeah, they're nice.
Speaker 2: What do you think they're nice and nice? I noticed that outside when I saw you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Yeah, it's like a loaded I'll let them give you a heat about No, no, no nice. Listen.
Speaker 1: I look at the mirror every morning. Smile, turn off the lights. I can still see my teeth. It's a great got.
Speaker 3: To well the teeth. That'll be the one thing if you want to take. If you want to go ten years younger as a guy, I'd go teeth first.
Speaker 2: If I'm gonna go ten years younger, you're gonna depending on.
Speaker 3: The issue you go hair, hair, Yeah, if you if you start to bald or anything like that, hair first the first thing you fix, Yeah, but then teeth next. But now it's not a really no like like jaw line, you go fix a jaw line. You got a little bit of a dude, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I'll do a little something like I've done botox before. Stuff my wife.
Speaker 3: You go with it. Yeah you get a little tan, and oh yeah, will your top get a little top? But doing a little that ain't it. That ain't it for me. I'd rather just look like imb the rest of my life and I have to do something like that. Well, you know, like people are very like like Portnoy just says, like, dude, I did my hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's like the way to do it.
Speaker 3: Like it's like less skeletons in the closet twenty three, Like we people do stuff.
Speaker 1: You've seen brianer Lecker exactly. Yeah, he went from being the shiniest head, look like mister clean. Yeah, and now he's just got little tiny little guys up there, and.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 2: For him, just gonna get done. Who's gonna be like like nobody?
Speaker 3: Yeah. And if you come out in front of it, right, that's it's all about eight miling yourself.
Speaker 2: Like if you insult yourself enough, yeah, we'll just kind of.
Speaker 3: Leave you alone.
Speaker 2: You can keep that if you want. You should use that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah eight mile yourself. You're like, yeah, I do use it. I want to do live in a trailer with my mom. Yeah. Oh we got nothing. Yeah, you got nothing else to say. Oh he's got nice teeth, that's what you gotta say. Yeah, you have really nice straight teeth. That had for that, I'll take it. Yeah, works really hard to get these teeth. Thank you. You were you were trying to sneak out of like a like the paparazzi sees you coming out of the hair clinic and you're trying to try to hide it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then they're kind of you know, one of those guys in the airplane from Turkey with that that half cul de sact. You've seen those videos, No, there's videos apparently guys will just go to Turkey. Yeah, and they'll have like a bandages over their head and will have like just ye cold stat because it's like way cheaper there and way more.
Speaker 3: Effective Jackie oh Turkey. Oh yeah, yeah, those aren't hats they're wearing. Oh really, that's that's a bald guy just doing his thing.
Speaker 2: You got to get in front of it, brother, Yeah, you gotta get in front of it.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's too much what's too much for your Like there's really nothing you.
Speaker 3: Can do well, I mean in terms of appearance. Yeah, I mean, so have another opportunity here. I think, what's too much to you leaving the door open? Yeah? I think you can do anything with your hair, You can do anything with your teeth. I mean, but you don't want to go like like there's always the the like if you see something that are they doing it like ironically more seriously, Like if you go down to outside of Huntsville, Alabama, when we got a lot of fans down there, the guy comes with a mullet or he he goes, oh, that's that's a sincere mullet. There's like THEO or Morgan like that or like Earnest like that's like a it's an ironic mullet. Yeah. Like crocs they're playing into it. Yeah, crocs. You were like, oh, are you like seriously wearing crocs or are you wearing crocs? Because like L like L O L these are nerdy. Yeah, I'm doing it ironically. You're like, what side are they on? Right? Yeah? So I think of it if you But hair's okay, Hair's okay, all right? Yeah, I think you're good saved it. Boys saved it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you see this little Mississippi waterfly going on that head, notice meately takes his hat off. Yeah, well you were talking abou mullets. I want to make sure you knew who you were talking to. You know, I knew putting them out? What are you doing it ironically?
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, it's like, am I got a mullet?
Speaker 1: It's tough for me to like, yeah, town, But also I kind of it was like I was at an online trip with the boys in Vegas and I won line trip and so and Will was getting uh when I go up there and I was you know, a couple of drinks and I was like, you know, how keep it at all twenty twenty three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least got Yeah, but you can. Here's what you can't do. Okay, if you were like a cargo shorts or something like, you can't be like right, yeah, you just got to rocket because that's you. Now you've got to commit the whole ensemble. You can't be like if if you go out and no one notices the thing and makes it, it doesn't You've got to commit, right. You were like, oh, like it's the co costum mullet, like, look at me. No, it can't.
Speaker 1: It's never funny too when you point out what you're doing, you just has to be.
Speaker 3: It has to be seen. Yeah, I had a bowl cut. Yeah, I had a strong boat. I did John Chris bowl cut. Now it was, uh, my family's like, amish, do you spend a lot? No?
Speaker 2: No, not the family's alms. Yeah, there it is right there. Look at that.
Speaker 3: That's me last year.
Speaker 2: That's not you. Yes, it is, dude, it's me.
Speaker 3: Then look at that with that John Chris Facebook video there, go back, go back. What Yeah, that one right there on the on the on the left, it's a video down one.
Speaker 2: That one too, Yeah, that right one, that's the video.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 2: That's not You're not doing that on accident, on purpose.
Speaker 3: That's that's serious. Look at that, dude, that's not you is No, it's not. It's a legendary cut. Bro Yould like to grow from the Incredibles. That's what everybody said. That's what everybody said. But during during like the end of quarantine, because my I was like, well let me just cut one like that, because my hair will go my hair would go like that.
Speaker 2: That's an Amish. My extended family is Amish. I don't believe you. What do you mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's well that's kind of appropriation, I guess, but it's my people.
Speaker 2: But if it's if it's your extended family, that's not appropriation.
Speaker 3: You're part Amish. We go down there for like for all holidays and stuff. We spend it with the Amish. Yeah, put the electronics off, build a house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we raise a barn.
Speaker 1: Raise a barn. Have you really spent time with you? Are you being hundred percent? Because I can definitely fall into this trap.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, all right.
Speaker 3: So my great my great grandparents were acting living Amish. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: Talking about horse buggies, cart it. Yeah, the churning butter all that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So my parents were what's called Mennonite.
Speaker 3: The Mennonite is like they're still they have electricity, but they all that, like we're very like pacifist, don't believe in war, don't believe in uh like modern medicine kind of like everything's very like healthcare and I don't believe in that. Yeah, it's and then my parents met at Mennonite college and then they kind of not a banded.
Speaker 2: Men Inite College. Yeah, you could just go there and get sick.
Speaker 3: There's what happened. I appreciate that. Yeah so you guys, yeah yeah, so they met there and they kind of then my dad started like a non denominational church. They broke, but our family, our origin. You they went to mena night church or school. Like this really isn't like us and that. Yeah, so the men and I leave it, it's not coming back. Oh that some people would say we're border on bolt. Yeah, that's where my mind went too. Yeah. So if you so, if you're men and I, or if you're Amish at eighteen, you go on what's called rum Springer know what that is?
Speaker 2: I think, yes I do.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me try to explain it because I feel salvage whatever I've done the show.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's when you like go and like do regular people stuff for a while and then you come back.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that fair to say? I don't want to sound I don't want to sound insensitive, but that is.
Speaker 2: The people very offensive.
Speaker 3: But no, you're right, but they're not gonna watch, they're not gonna see it. So it's fun of all good, you know, Yeah, kind of like the most fair people to make fun of. They like, like, they go do it like heathen sinful, make the don't say regular people, make them sound like the worst and make the Almond Street sound good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they go and do demonic shit and then they come back.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it, dude, a couple of satanic rituals they ripped.
Speaker 3: That wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more was more like get an iPhone and like get on tinder.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so so when you're anything goes during what's it called drum springer spring. Look at the definition of that R. You m spring. So I think that's how you say, Yeah, found that out, Jack with an A on the end. There's an a at the end that joke. But all right, no, I did it. Got there a little late, but I figured that out. Yeah, no one's gonna get that joke. But that's unbelievable. There it is, right, a passage during adolescence. Yeah heayya sat down, dude, take that down.
Speaker 2: How much teams sucking a cigarette?
Speaker 3: Crazy show.
Speaker 2: There's a show called Letter Kenny and they do a whole episode.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there you go. Yeah yeah, yeah. So basically traditional activities like volleyball, swimming, ice skating, Oh, yeah, it loose.
Speaker 2: It loose ice skating, so pic nicks and hiking.
Speaker 3: What's up? That's let's go.
Speaker 2: So these these kids, how long do they go?
Speaker 3: How long do they leave? On? Well, I shouldn't speak on behalf of the community, but the Amish the there once the internet kind of came, like you could like they had a going for them when there was no like you couldn't see what like other cities were like yeah yeah, so that kind of like and then hit it's to be fair. A lot of religion like once the internet and you go like wait, what.
Speaker 2: Are they doing over there?
Speaker 3: You're like, wait, what what are we doing? Right? Like there's a lot of like if you watch those like LDS documentaries, they were like they have to like control the kind of information because then that's how you kind of get loose. So there's a lot of we would do we do shows and like Amish people come, you go, how do they figure out about me? So they've left at eighteen, you're kind of free to go and then you traditionally you get a year or two.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you had a long time.
Speaker 3: But now there's like Amish people that are like thirty five and they just haven't like sided yet they returned, but no, they haven't left because you have to either decide at the end of it.
Speaker 2: So they're getting loose with the rules.
Speaker 3: It sounds really loose because you said in the beginning you're like amish. When you leave, you're out cult. That's your words, Okay, but if you yeah, so they're like, we're gonna lose everybody, right if we don't loosen up the and a lot of religion is like that too, now like LDS or like, alright, we got to loosen up on some of these rules, yeah, or else right, it's not just a new guideline to get into heaven. Yeah, yeah, that's what god new book comes out, like hey, oh hey, a joke about that? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all. It's like you're like, how does this homish guy have a cell phone? And like he is driving like a like a Chevy Tahoe, Like, well, he he hasn't made his decision yet to join. Because once you join the church, then you're in control of the bishop. The bishop can say you can do this or can't do this. So but they if they say, hey, you have one year and after a year you have to decide. Everybody's gonna We're gonna go. Everybody's gonna go.
Speaker 1: If you're eighteen years old and you leave it for a year, do they have like get it at an allowance? Or are you saving up shekels?
Speaker 3: So what are we doing? That is?
Speaker 2: Is that too much? Can I not say stuff? And he's let us say that.
Speaker 3: No, they're not gonna see it.
Speaker 2: We wanted to what are you talking about? This is where I feel safest.
Speaker 3: That's the bible I feel.
Speaker 2: I actually feel the safest.
Speaker 1: I have this entire podcast of all the things you said you should have you guys should have seen heard of some of the stuff we had to cut out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll release that. We'll release as a bonus podcast. But for four hours, it's a No. They don't save up shekels. They like like corn and vegetables and stuff and then they go and sell it. No, yeah, well you go. I mean you go to like if you live in, you go to like if you live in like we do. We sell a lot of shows and like like we did ships Huanna Indiana. It's like a look up ships you wanna Indiana. This guy's looking up a lot of you got Jack working today. Yeahs you wanna Indiana. We sold like four thousand tickets there. That's the town. There's only four thousand people. Yeah, more horses than people drove in. Yeah. Yeah people because they were like like, yeah see there's the there's all the honors people right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do have some cool fits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got styled. They styled hare throws me off most and you know, and you know what they are. They cannot You can take a photo of them, but they can't acknowledge. You can't ask them to be in because they aren't acknowledged technology. But you can take a photo of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know why my mind went to Hasbula with that.
Speaker 3: Wow, dude, what what you? Who has bull is? Of course we talked about it all the time on our podcast. Yeah has Bulla's the goat, Yes, we say, but we were we were in Vegas and we met him and like some lady wanted to take a photo of him, and he's like, I can't take a photo with you.
Speaker 1: It's different. You just can't take a photo of women's Muslim. I know, but I'm saying that we're talking about religion too right. Unbelievably that he's the only thing I pieced that together a little bit.
Speaker 3: Jack Well, like you're just saying, what gives me no? Because he said the photo thing, and I thought, oh, has Bulla does the same thing when you've been a good pivot? Who knows he's been quiet? We'll never know. Now hour and a half and that's where he decides to he just got back from Key West. You see his ta Yeah he looks fantastic. He looks great.
Speaker 2: But he's a little tired. Yeah, he's a little tired.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: You're actually making amok.
Speaker 3: A little well what's the what? What's it's must be a similar belief then know about Oh yeah, yeah, yeah too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why can't he say you can't pose for a photo?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know anything about it. They can't post on the photos. He's pretty active on the internet. Yeah, on the internet.
Speaker 1: So these people you sold four thousand tickets to the show. Yeah, and they just like, how did they know if they don't have the internet?
Speaker 3: Is They're like, it's a little loose. That's what I'm saying. Is everybody like you kind of have like a buddy that has like and then dial up. Yeah, And I'm kind of like like I would be there, Like I'm not there people obviously, but I'm one of them. I come in peace, right. Maybe that's a good way to say it that I have, Like yeah, that I have Like they know that, like I'm not gonna like swear or I'm not gonna say anything that that's gonna make them uncomfortable, but I'm still going to push the limit in terms of like nothing.
Speaker 1: The thing is funny doing knowing that people knowing you're not going to push the limit or person stuff like that. Do you ever feel like that pigeon holes you a little bit in your comedy or do you like it where you like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well clean healthy fun. Oh yeah, I mean we still go after people pretty hard.
Speaker 3: But the thing about everybody says every everything's very like PC now these days, how is it must be impossible to be a comedian? I go, no, dude, it's so easy because it used to be like back in the like Sam Kennison days as old like a generation before us, coming three generations before us. You had to go like before YouTube, you if you said like something about like you like the stool and you were like having it was like you that was a woman and you were like it was like I can't believe he's doing this right, And there was like so foul and so like shocking for someone publiclyeah, and they were like this is wild. And then like YouTube came out and then like we all the darkest, weirdest, naughtiest, most everybody's heard it. We've heard it all, so it's not that's not really there's nothing shocked. Like Liza Lampanelli, remember she came out, she was saying all the like it was why and that comedy is not like now the line is like so backed up to like comedy, all comedy is is just crossing the line. So the line used to be way over here, so you'd have to Now all you have to say, like like that dude's like probably not a female, and it's like ah right here, and all you have to do is just cross it there and that's it. That's all you gotta do. And then everybody's like, yeah, it's just crossing the line, and the line is brought way back, so now you just have to be like, I don't know, the kid's gout got a fake glute analogy and it's like ahh whatever, You're like, you just I can't believe you just said that out loud, because you're not This is we talk about. This is the show. This is the only, at least in my lifetime where anybody, and we just saw it at barstool with like anybody in my crowd can tweet something and get fired. Like you can get fired from your job by saying about either side if your boss or says I'm uncomfortable with. So everybody can get fired for saying stuff now, right, So now it's the easiest for comedy. Like what's his name that they got fired from barstool. Yeah, it's like we didn't really want our hands are kind of tired here. Yeah, we're in corporate American. Yeah, so everybody is like they come to the comedy show. He's like, these are the only guys that no one else can say it. It was funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not funny that mints he got fired. But it's like Dave sitting there and be like he didn't do anything wrong. It's like he he did say the end word and that's wrong, but like saying it by accident. Yeah, I don't know that was that. It was tough because I don't know if you've ever met that guy but around it like like probably three four times. And dude doesn't seem like he's got a mean bone in his body. Yeah, it seems a little like something's wrong. But he's like definitely like he's funny and he's.
Speaker 3: Like an engaging guy. And it meant no malice. Yeah, none and that. And have you seen the video of him saying that. You can tell there was his He immediately went into a deep dark phat. Yeah, somebody else got somebody of sports? Was it cricket or something? Baseball? I fired last week for the same thing.
Speaker 2: Oh for real?
Speaker 3: Oh did he?
Speaker 2: But he was talking about Tony Romo during the AFC Championship.
Speaker 3: He said it.
Speaker 2: He didn't say it, but he he thought it.
Speaker 3: It was the it was the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: It was the Chiefs versus the Bengals, and I think the Chiefs run offense, will throw it out. He's got three guys over here. It was like he probably wasn't gonna say it. But the fact that that went so viral so fast. Everyone's watching, dude, everyone's watching the the like obsession.
Speaker 3: It's like peak American culture is like to be like, and we were talking about that on my like because we all went to that. We were in Tampa two nights ago, and then we had a show and then we went to Morgan Walla Best Artist and I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do love Moregan, but he love he's got to he said it thing, Yeah, but he said it maliciously toward a white person. Yeah, but it's like, first off, brother, there's a whole lot of different words you can say, Yeah, well you call a white guy a cut that's funny and yeah, yeah, you just move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he but in like and then but then his music with the unfortunately just fortunately Yeah, yeah, well it's only because you're like, don't tell me, like you can have your moral judgment, but don't tell me me what mine should be.
Speaker 2: And then that that's what happened in the Morgan situation.
Speaker 3: But if you if you like in terms of like Caleb Elliott, who's a comic that opens for us black Kid, He's like, you don't understand like the black culture. We don't like No Morgan, like on the on our list of like priorities to like for like Morgan Wallin saying the end is not in the top one thousand real, like I do a bit about about Lady A. Like they were like, we're gonna stand up against racism. We're gonna change our name. Like no black person knows who Lady Antebellum is. Maybe Darius Rucker maybe.
Speaker 2: Right, like no, but like knew more when he was hooting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, imagine like going into like city council and like, we're gonna stand up for races.
Speaker 2: Three people in skinny jeans and cowboy hats. We're gonna change it, like walk into it. It's his own bit.
Speaker 3: Everybody goes, we're gonna change our name from Lady Annabellum to Lady A. And somebody goes, what's the A stand for? You're like, oh, well still yeah, yeah, it's still stand for racism. We just shortened it up a little bit. Like imagine how disrespectful is that to the African American community. Is like you think like we like I always talk about how like we don't white people like we feel real bad about like racisms. We don't know what to do. We're like, I don't know, We'll just make Jacob stay farm black. I guess, yeah, like well that solve it, or like what I know? I feel like I feel like white people are just the solutions they have for racism are wild.
Speaker 2: It is a wild thought process.
Speaker 3: Like no, like there's that like we feel some level of like guilled, so like we're gonna we're like, well, us trying to speak for them is the prop like right, they were like like still doing it, yeah, still do it. It's like trying to fix it. Still we're gonna cancel and Jemia. My black people are like, that's my aunt now she's unemployed. Shoot oh man, Yeah, you're like why people trying to solve races by doing white like just doing whiter ship, like the most the most violent. This is true.
Speaker 2: The most violent Black Lives Matter protests were in Portland.
Speaker 3: You know where No black people live in Portland?
Speaker 2: Portland? Right, look it up. Portland is the third, you know, look that up.
Speaker 3: But look it up, Jack diversity least diverse cities in America.
Speaker 2: Portland is in the top five.
Speaker 3: What are the four others? Because I can't imagine. Let's look it up. Least most white cities are least. Don't look. I don't want that on my history, bro, I don't know it's on Jack's history now, JP computer whatever number one is, John will be there in a week. I think.
Speaker 2: Actually my demographics more over here there the.
Speaker 3: R population. Oh, Arizona's in there. Yeah there, you got the smallest th man.
Speaker 2: I Will could just be here right now. He's not surprising at all.
Speaker 3: Yes, Scottsdale, l Passo, Scots Hill is very white.
Speaker 2: Oh Passo is Latino. Yeah, yeah, that is. That's border country. I'll pass.
Speaker 3: So look up least diverse cities in America any But yeah. The point is is like you're like driving down to these rallies and your subarus and like soy lattes, and you're like, we speak on behalf of black.
Speaker 1: Like what's wild? And it's funny like when all that stuff was going down, being in the locker room and seeing like like not all the black guys, but like a lot of the black guys were like, hey, what what are we doing?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do we do? Guys?
Speaker 1: I mean not everybody that everyone have would share their stories and everything, and it was it was nice to hear because I've never been pulled over by the police and go, oh man, I've never in my life done that. And but you I I thought like every single black guy had to deal with situation there's you know, a half dozen dudes that literally told me like they were were in public stain. They're like, I've never been word getting pulled over, And I'm not saying like yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Just it's just very it's very like like, uh, another black guy.
Speaker 3: You know what we're doing right now? What we're doing it? We're doing No, we're doing two white guys on the podcast. Yeah, is there any six white guys here? Ok? Like ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this episode to bring you yet another ad read and it's gonna be great for you. We've already talked about the true classic t's, but now we're gonna work on the top of that dome.
Speaker 2: And then that is sport Clips.
Speaker 1: It can be stressful to describe the kind of haircut you want, and even if you feel like you come got it across, it's hard to know if your styllus really understands you. Too often, hair care results and hair in a hair scare forts on. The stylists at sport Clips haircuts speak the language of hair. You could say that they are fluent in fades, literate and long locks and just all around clippers confident. It doesn't matter if your hair is balding or billowing? Is that the right word billowing? Sport Clips stylists are black belts and cutting men's hair. They've been specially trained to do it. These pros are artists and you are the canvas. And each of your hair follicles is the happiest of trees. So sit back and relax. It's MVP haircut experience. I feel like Bob Ross is doing your guys' haircuts during this when they talk about canvases and stuff that means a seven pressure point massaging shampoo, a perfectly steamed hot towel, and the freedom do not have stress about a bad haircut. Next time you need to cut, come a sport Clips and get a head turning haircut from the rose and men's hair. Next time you need it, the same thing.
Speaker 2: No, next time you need to cut, come to sport Clips and get a head turning haircut.
Speaker 1: From the pros and men's hair that that was done twice. I just Ron Burgundy that ad read, Yeah, you guys, that's on you, brother.
Speaker 2: I'm not pulling fingers at myself.
Speaker 3: I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'm done taking accountability. I'm done taking it. How does Ron Burgundy myself in real life without being sad. Boys and girls, enjoy this podcast. Before we enjoy the podcast. Do you see the sweat coming off my face right now? Can you see it on the on the camera. I'm leaking right now, Boys, I'm leaking. Maybe it says I'm down thirty pounds. It doesn't seem as as as a parent as usual, but I'm grinding out here. You've heard the last two ad reads. My god, purding that being said, get back to this episode.
Speaker 3: There was like the band aid came out with like a like a darker shade and it's it would be traditional on the quote right or whatever, like oh here we go with this, but my my goodwin, it's a comedian of mine, black guy that comes out with me. He goes, that was actually very helpful. Like for my daughter it was black. It's like to have a band aid that it's like our skin color. The band aids are always our skin color. We just she and it always, she said subconsciously. It's just always taught her that she was other than they're like a band aid that is her skin is Like I go, like that's the heat. I go, oh yeah, well yeah, but it's it's very all the white people like cancel it.
Speaker 1: Like some of the things have been very helpful, very helpful. I mean that band aid doesn't always fit the skin tone. You get the middle Janie, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah that band aid. Jack Scott got Jackscotta right now, he's he's og band aid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can make fun of Like it's like all comedy is is just is saying out loud the things. People are like, yeah, that's it. If you can verbalize in a way, they're like, dang bro, like that's hilarious. That's all. And it's very it's very helpful because everybody, especially during like quarantine, when everybody's kind of like and that was the most you can't say anything. And when that's when like every comic, every comic is his, so his shows are sold out now and they're all sold out because everybody's like they are the only guys saying it.
Speaker 2: Like you go, like they were like you have to like.
Speaker 3: You can. Everybody can be like in the airport, like you got to be six feet apart in the airport, but then when you're sitting right like a human, it goes, yeah what But they don't know how to like make a joke about it, like this seems like what ya, But they don't mad. Yeah they get mad, Yeah, they get mad at that. They don't know how to quite really synthesize that into humor. The humor is very helpful in a way that is like makes it funny, but like it's also therapeutic. Like I I always talk about like my my girlfriend, like I'm she thinks I'm a man, so I know stuff. I know, I know nothing. Yeah, She's like showed me her like dashboard like in her car or whatever. He's like, the light is on and I was like, I don't like it was like a tire. It looked like a tire with like a lightning bolt in it. Oh yeah, But I was like, I don't think the tire is getting electricity, Like I didn't know what that's right.
Speaker 2: Boss goes it's the tire pressure. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Bosses in the military. He's a real man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like he's a real mass.
Speaker 3: But it comes from like I always say, like it comes from like a that's a joke, It comes from real insecurity that I like, if there was like a bunch of dudes like look is that your car was Like I was like, yeah, look, look on, I have no idea how to start a grill, don't I know? Nothing? Right?
Speaker 2: Domesticate a cat?
Speaker 3: Yes, but that's a real insecurity of mine made in to humor and everybody laughs and it's kind of like it's helpful. Yeah, it's help is like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a level of therapy for you, yes, and a coping mechanism. Yeah, you go, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's so because who needs to actually go learn the stuff when you can just mask it with humor? Yeah, exactly, you're well.
Speaker 3: Todd Glass has a bit about he goes, you're eat these kids don't know? Like, who how many of y'all.
Speaker 2: Know how to change the oil on a car?
Speaker 3: One? Two?
Speaker 2: What are these guys in their twenties? Two out of five?
Speaker 3: Bosses in his forties? I can't tell.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes sometimes bosses in his twenties to me, and the other times I feel like he's got is in his fifties.
Speaker 2: I can't tell. Sometimes don't know, depends how much sleep he's gotten for it.
Speaker 3: But then somebody goes, if you want to be successful in twenty do you do you want to know how to? Like? Uh, like recalculate a hard drive or change oil if you had to pick one of the two, like we you like our parents don't know how to use the sun dial, like because that we got stuff to do this, so change into oil. Yeah, sorry, I keep going. No, this is the analogy makes sense though, Like yes, stuff, we don't in fact that you don't use the sundowg it just uses itself, right, or like a compass or like what whatever? Like or like a plow. Yeah, like we don't need that anymore because we've got a tractor. Right. Like if you had to pick a skill and you knew how to like change a transmission or like learn the TikTok algorithm to be successful, you would say, yes, yeah, society is developing. But if the old joke, all these kids not out of these.
Speaker 2: Old No, every generation does that. Every we'll do that in fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 3: How to work.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to do nothing because yeah, because other people work for us?
Speaker 3: Yeah or not not? No, cut it, no, No, everything's going in for those three hours we talked about earlier. We'll make sure that it cuts out. Kind of. I can't that I can't get my as well, will will set this up. So so I'm gonna be half to text him, Hey dude, He's like, dude, I wasn't even there. I was like, yeah, but we got into some stuff. Yeah stuff.
Speaker 2: We have to redo the whole thing. This has been tough. This podcast has gone a bunch of different doors. Like he takes like the hard driving.
Speaker 3: He's walking out his computer like at night and I like jump him in the He's like, what happened to the footage?
Speaker 2: We don't, we don't, we don't know. We don't have it anymore. No, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna not jump one of them, it's gonna be bloss Yeah, just stays fucking.
Speaker 3: He's also a cop days, is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's the way to go. He's the guy, well you want to know if you're if you're out, like if me and my girlfriend are out on Broadway and like something went down, like she's gonna be like, I'm with freaking this guy in the sandals, Like I'm.
Speaker 2: Not like like this is the guy that's protected, Like I have no idea, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: Primal situation, Like yeah, Kevin Hard has a bit about that. Yeah, oh yeah about fighting about fighting people. Yeah, and the girl always like being acting up, being like, oh, he's going to do something, but.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, yeah, he's not gonna be Yeah. I think Nate has a bit about that.
Speaker 3: Nate bargatci about how they were out on the lake and then his wife was like on another boat, She's like my ex boyfriend over there.
Speaker 2: He's like, thanks for ruining my day. Like it's like what I didn't get?
Speaker 3: I don't know the bait.
Speaker 2: He's like, you want me to swim over there?
Speaker 3: Like help?
Speaker 2: Somebody helped me up under this boat, so to fight him, like what do you want?
Speaker 3: What do you want to do? Yeah? Yeah, what do you want me to do? Dude?
Speaker 1: All right, there's gonna be a way. I'm going back like thirty minutes here. But I kept that question in my head the whole time that I was gonna say No. You said, Jerry Jerry Seinfeld. You said Jerry Seinfeld paved the way for comedians. Yeah, in a lot of ways. You said, you said that multiple times in this podcast. What how do you pave the way for comedians?
Speaker 3: And Brad Paisley paved the way for country? Yes, my third Brad payser. Yeah, I don't think Brad Paisley paved the way. I don't know. I like, uh, he's got a couple bangers, don't get me wrong, but like alcohol, ah, those kind of came up. He has a thousand, he's got a thousand bangers. You went to a Brad Paving the way, you would know every song, you would know every song. I don't think so. I don't think I know every single one. Probably I know a lot of them for sure. Name with Blake Sheldon. I went to a Blake Sheldon concert and like I knew every song. You want to talk about a I don't know if the comedy world is like I'm going to miss her whiskey lullaby, get a music video and to put a little mud on tie. Oh this is a just a list ticks. I like to check you for tick all the same tone. Yeah, it is everything. Everything you just said was correct, and they're the same. They're all number ones. Yeah, yeah, it's just all one song right in the song. But the.
Speaker 1: Country music world, I don't know if comedians are like this, but it's like they fucking they have like a feeling like this guy ruins country music like people are on Luke Brian for a while when he was yeah, yeah, this guy is the worst guy's not then everybody would go to it kind of like you were saying with that show, but I don't know. I still't even know the name.
Speaker 3: Remember they remember they like kicked like Little nas X off the country chart. They were like, he can't like whoever decides like right, They're like, no, like not old Town Road or whatever was a hitter.
Speaker 2: It was remixed five.
Speaker 3: It was a hit. If you play that song right now, we don't start. Yeah, yeah, it's a great about it. They go, no, this is not whatever the box is of. No, this is out of it.
Speaker 1: That's out which the I think that he came up with the song after that where he was like that all right, yeah we can't yeah in the country really had to be like hey listen, we gotta we can't do that some rules, Yeah, got they get loose, you get a little loose, the Amish community little. They're like, that's that's outside the foundation will close it up on everybody. Yeah, well look at I mean, Hardy has had moves.
Speaker 2: I'll give him that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Hardy has a lot of like Angelly roll. They're like they like Hardy has a lot of like harder rock songs, but he was in a very cool transition right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not a rap guy, yeah, but I've known Jelly Rolf for a long time now and I'm a big fan of him and some of the songs he's coming out with his Yeah it's trajectory right now is just great.
Speaker 3: Up greight up. He is impressed. If I went and saw him at Bridgetone. Nicest guy in the world too, He's incredibly like guys. I saw the rhyman, I think, yeah, he's the man, you know, one of my buddies.
Speaker 1: He was driving down the road the other day and big truck he like cut somebody off in this big truck throat by it was Jelly rolling.
Speaker 3: He gave him the finger, Yeah, give him like the Jelly will give him the Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nicest guy in the world though, Yeah, nice guy in the world.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting love Jerry Seinfeld. You said he paves the way for a lot of comedians. Yeah, what do you mean by that? Like, how does somebody pave the way?
Speaker 3: So Jerry side, what Jerry Seinfeld did was cut and again this is just my from where my past and comedy to where it is now is Jerry Seinfeld was the first guy like he would just it was very meticulous about writing.
Speaker 2: He would just write jokes.
Speaker 3: He would go. He was the first guy to go like he would do eight nine shows a night in in New York. He would bounce around all the comedy clubs and you time it up.
Speaker 2: You do five minutes here, five minutes here, five minutes he like.
Speaker 3: And then when he did the he said, when he did the Tonight Show the first time, now, comedy is different now than it was when he did this Tonight show the first time, he had run that exact set over one hundred times live, yeah, and did every words like He's like, switch this word here, if you end like if you end the word like he was like, and that guy and that guy fell into the lake with his pants off, or like he was like with this, like you switched the joke around, so it doesn't end on a preposition like writing. And he's like, very very technical, and the comedy comedy is not like that anymore. But you don't need to ever end a sentence on a preposition, right, look up preposition yeah yeah yeah, like in like in the basement, that's like yeah, or like a like a yeah, yeah, there you go. Yeah you don't google bro yeah goo google yeah yeah where you like very You're like, why doesn't this joke work? M And you're like, switch it around. Like I was doing a joke about making fun of people that had the back, like people that died of COVID like in Heaven. I'll be like, oh, you need a west but wait yeah, And I was like, but it doesn't work. I mean kind of worked a couple guys back then. Okay, yeah, but if it did it never it's a week off. I've done it for like the past three weeks, and I was like, I was like, like, it doesn't it never? Like it is it because of the accent, because I'm trying to do an accent like I'm talking to a kid, like I'm making roasting somebody and it's like and I go, oh, you need a boostoo like and that it doesn't and you go You're thinking in your head, you're like this is gonna murder and it doesn't, And You're like, why do I switch it?
Speaker 2: Do I take it out? Do I go, oh, does he need a respirator?
Speaker 3: Do I? What do you do with the joke? To it's like very very very technical, and you listen, you recorded every set, listen to it, and you would write every single word.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of comics like that now, and there's a lot of comics that are literally the opposite of that.
Speaker 3: But the idea of like you put one thing on, you do no one should be putting anything on TikTok before being in comedy for five years because it's not good. It's not good, and then they're gonna be like, what, like, people don't understand How long do you think people can be that good that quick? No, no, see. I think Lewis c K said, you can't be a transcendent comic before forty. I think about all the greats because you have to. It takes that long to like develop a point of view and like something to actually say, because like he said, Chappelle and Richard Pryor were the two they were like in they were prolific in their thirties. Because think about how long it takes. Think about all the greats, Bill Burr Lewis, some of the best ones are the ones that are like have a point of view, they're like now, there's a lot of good comics that are coming up. It takes so long to like at the beginning it's just jokes. It's just like like yeah, and then there you have some energy. Now you have something to say, like a point of view. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be really smart to do comedy, especially the way Lewis y K does it.
Speaker 1: Dude, it seems like, well the way he breaks down life, his bit about Narnia and Clifford the Big Red.
Speaker 3: Dog, unbelievable, hilarious, unbelievable. Think that, I mean, I think that a lot about the Yeah, I would agree with that. This is so like wild and to put it in like a like the way the person's brain like if you you're gonna make fun of something, you have to be up here looking down at it to to put it in the context of of what's humorous about it.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, like every comic, every person would be like the most common thing.
Speaker 3: Somebody would send me that was not a comic would be like, hey, if you ever watched one of those like commercials for a prescription and like the side effect seems worse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, then right, that's a very base that's everybody can get to that.
Speaker 3: It's very shallot like what Yeah, but to think that you are ahead of the writer, you are one step more intelligent than the person that is delivering this, because they go, are you watching this, You're gonna like cure the sniffles, but you're like legs gonna fall off. Yeah, You're like, you have to be more intelligent than the thing. Yeah, to look down on it to make fun. So like one of the best. Every observational comedian is like thinking about things on a way different level than Yeah, is there is there.
Speaker 1: Like levels of comedy, Like everyone has a different way of doing comedy. Is there levels to you of like what's like the be all and all and what's like, okay, this is a little easier. Like a guy, a guy like uh like Bert Kreischer is fucking hilarious. Yeah yeah yeah, but he's but he is different than you, as he would tell stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. There's different genres, there's different ideas. There's guys that are just say, say outrageous things.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, versus versus a guy that's like, well, Jerry Seinfeld is very observational. He made no political or social stances on anything, which you know, smart Mark, what depends on who you are, but like like the voices of like like a smart.
Speaker 2: As in finding having being available to every.
Speaker 3: Other and everybody. Yeah, there's something for everybody for it's like a party like kind of it's everybody's drink and it's not necessarily social comedy. He would say that though, like that's not who he is. You mean by social comedy, like you would never make like a like a like Andrew Schultz bit on abortion is like you know what I'm talking. It's like so it's so he goes, listen, he goes, I'm. What does he say is like I'm. He goes, i'm. Women can do whatever they want with their bodies, and like you guys decide, because when I get to Heaven, you were like, what were you guys doing that?
Speaker 2: He was like it was them, yeah, like it wasn't me.
Speaker 3: Like he goes in essence, he goes I and and then and then Bill Burr has a bit about it about how he's like it's like, well it's not really. He's like, yeah, but if you were if I had a cake and I put it in the oven and I was like in thirty minutes, it's gonna be a cake and I took it out of the oven. You're like, it wasn't a cake. Yeah, well it was gonna be yeah, and it was like no one can say that except a comic. Yeah, And you're like, like, if we if we lost I mean, I'm obviously very passionate about it, but if we lost the comics, like I don't know where the word if lost the ability to like the court jester in the olden days was the guy that was like kind of keeping the king honest. It would be like, hey, you like these taxes are a little bit like you have to have that guy, and everybody has that.
Speaker 2: It not a professional, So everybody has that in their family. What a line to be a gester? Like, what a role to happen? They'll kill you, yeah, they'll kill you. But they also if you were a jester long enough, had immunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah they had. They had immunity to an extent, like you had to like there was the line that you couldn't get to because gesture is eventually when they were done, they'd be rewarded like land oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all that stuff. And it was a very prestigious job to have and people, and that's like that would be similar to like the the the late shows, like everything that goes on in the day, there is six or seven shows at night and TikTok and now is like somebody's gonna be keeping you honest here, right, And that's the that. Have you ever been in like a a TikTok or somebody posted and you think it's going to go one way and then the comments just yes, cross show, Well, no, I appreciate the Jeffrey Star I had a I had a shirt that says Jesus died for our zens. Yeah. It was had a zin in front of him. Yeah. Yeah, I thought this is funny, and Jackson take a picture. So I took a picture and it was getting murdered. They were not funny, no, yeah, no, they were like this is across Yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Is like, hey, you need to find God brother, like it was like it was bad like that. But but yes, so the that's the I looly thought to myself, like it's obviously Jesus didn't die for our zins. Zins weren't a thing then. People didn't have these little these little deals.
Speaker 3: Like I in my head, I'm like, I guess, but also, but you are you are went to church yesterday, but I don't go to church a lot.
Speaker 2: So I was like, maybe there's something I'm missing. So you're you're like I And that's what comedy is.
Speaker 3: So you could you have this idea in your head and now there's two thousand people and you walk out on stage like I think like you were like there was no joke you were more confident in than that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you.
Speaker 3: Were like this will crush yeah everybody, and everybody's like no, You're like what yes? And so that's the thing about comedies, Like, dude, these comics get just say whatever they want. I go, No, they don't. They have to say whatever you are already with the comics is actually the opposite. But then I mean there's so many like of those like anonymous like like TikTok accounts that it's not really anybody, so no one can really cancel them. And it's just they got like just nine million likes on something. It's just so out of pocket that if anybody ever knew that this was the person, you can that's it. But it's like that's but it's like on the inside, like that's kind of what everybody like sort.
Speaker 2: Of like a cartoon or something like that or like something, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like over the top. So whatever if anybody whatever, anybody tries to push on the culture ideologically, and I was like, not really, and it's just like that's what comedy does so well. It kind of keeps it keeps the whole thing honest. And even tho a group of like your buddies guys do it great. Then you're like, dude, like if he comes home with like like we talked about, if you're like if you're gonna like go to like the Taylor Swift concert and like you're like.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I got the meet and greet. Your buddy's like dude, yeah, like what I got the meeting or whatever.
Speaker 3: Like you're doing something like your buddies will like if you have a good group of buddies, they'll like roast you in a way to like kind of keep you in check right in like a healthy way, like you do yes, because you're like Dad, he's getting now we lost him.
Speaker 2: There's a like so basically you're telling me, is bullying is we need that?
Speaker 3: That's what we need.
Speaker 2: There needs to be a level of bullying idol of the pot. Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody goes did if you're wearing something you're like, you weren't cologne, like come on, like but no one's going to pull you aside and be like hey dude, Like they just kind of like ras you a little bit and you go, oh, I think I got it. Yeah, yeah about like yeah, yeah, I think I guess if you.
Speaker 2: Get pulled to the side, it's kind of like any more serious.
Speaker 3: You don't want that. You don't want that. Yeah, that's when, yeah, will do good about like if if a guy's like drinking too much or like the guys will kind of have a way of the bottle again a little bit. Huh, what's you're just telling them? Hey, yeah, just like hey, you're like again yeah Wednesday. Oh dude, it's like a little early Yeah, like they just kind of throw and then you go, yeah, your buddies will kind of the Yeah, if you don't have any buddies.
Speaker 2: That are going to be like all right, and you know you're right when they get mad about it, like if they get overly upset comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only reason you're mad about this because it's true. Yeah, otherwise it's not true, like people like people say, people have said like rumors about me being kay on the internet for since day one?
Speaker 2: Do you care to address those rumors? Which camera should.
Speaker 3: Look at you?
Speaker 2: But I want I'm saying it doesn't bother me about it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's all right, it's all kind of making sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not getting, but it's there's no but I don't have any I wouldn't like all right, listen, there's no like all right, yeah, not the only.
Speaker 2: The only thing ever offensive is true?
Speaker 3: That is true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only thing if they've ever heard that is a nice little line.
Speaker 3: If the only thing that's ever offensive to anybody, if it's true, if it's now, if it's all truth and not humor, then they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get they're probably gonna cancel you. But if it's all humor and not like let's say, like.
Speaker 3: The Big Bang Theory, it's like just jokes, it's not there's not a lot of you never watched an episode and and called your brother like, do you have to see this episode? It's just like but sometimes there's a like the best memes are so true that you go, dude, I gotta say this to whoever, Yeah, or your group text You're like, dude, this is so they would love this.
Speaker 2: That's the best you talked about.
Speaker 1: You said, being canceled, you said, and then earlier in the podcast you said, you've been canceled before.
Speaker 3: You remember all this stuff? Is somebody writing this down? No, brother, remember them just getting real good at that interview. Yeah, it's a good interview. I got canceled in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Is it like a right of passage for being a comedian? Do you feel good about being canceled?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: It was horrific then, was it?
Speaker 3: What year was it? Nineteen?
Speaker 2: Oh, you were early. That was like right in the heat of it. Yeah, canceling really started happening in the twenties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was right, but right in theh like what everybody remember back in like the great cancelation of the twenties. It was yeah. Yeah, it's like remember like people were like in Hollywood were like like quitting their jobs like proactively. Yeah, they were like, dude, one time in college, I like hooked up, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Out yea, because everybody was so scared.
Speaker 3: Remember that, Yes, everybody just like voluntarily like I'm out.
Speaker 2: It was so scary.
Speaker 3: It was so scary.
Speaker 2: That was like after like like Cosby Harvey Weinstein era, is.
Speaker 3: That those are two big ones.
Speaker 2: Those are easily and then and then and then what happened was yeah, so that's criminal charges.
Speaker 1: That's like that's a totally different thing between canceling somebody what I think I sucked up and said this and like this dude gave people pills.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: Those are like two different lines that we got to figure out, like all right, there's a pendulum swing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then I think when when when like it happened to a Z's remember that I remember is he's getting canceled.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what you got because it was.
Speaker 3: Like who went on like a date and then like they were like back at his like apartment and there, and then everybody's like wait this this isn't that Yeah, and they're like all right, we got to have some kind of like they were like and then yeah, and then when I when I got canceled, it was everybody was like texting me like dude, welcome to welcome to being.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the club. I go the leads here of nickelback. Yeah, it's like you're welcome, We've been here we know these waters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it is. It is when when when's the first time everyone ever said anything like came for you on the internet? Horrific? Yeah, it's a terrible feeling. Now it's fine, Yeah, I guess, but I mean this thing did kind of rattle me. Yeah all right, yeah there, yeah, yeah, but it did kind of like I'm a little more of a easily rattle I'm not comedia. Yeah what about Will? Uh no?
Speaker 2: Will is finding a way to not be cancelable? Wow, he did it April Fool's joke and it was a black baby and it was fucking hilarious. And you look at You're like, God, I hope he I hope I have a co host after this. Yeah, nothing happened. You're like, dude, Jesus on his insured and was like, this fucking guy's a problem.
Speaker 3: You're like, I go to church. Yeah, I win.
Speaker 1: That's a video posted what was the Navy put on it? Earlean ge Willa, Earleen Compton. He posts that people are in the in the mentionments being like congratulations ship, Oh my god, get canceled.
Speaker 3: You didn't get canceled.
Speaker 2: I'm out let him go.
Speaker 3: I know. Mar Jackson retweeted like, yeah, that's when Lamar Jackson and Will became boys. That's so yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the closest I get being canceled is probably after this podcast. Really yeah, all the ventriloquist things you've done to me during.
Speaker 3: This it wasn't me. Yeah, come over here with my mouth not moving. But also Taylor said, he didn't say it's like you don't. You don't appear on any of the like it's just half screened the whole podcast, like we just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the clips are just like black photo with the with the auto audio behind it in like the.
Speaker 3: Interview people and like cocaine cowboys, Like your mouth is like different, like that's not even him. Yeah, what you don't have we can cut it out. But what did you get canceled for? Probably well I was you can look it up. Yeah no, I don't know, dude, I'm asking. Well, I was performing in church. I was doing a lot of shows in churches, and I was drinking a bunch and I was like, uh, like with like cooking on the girls and stuff, not hooking up, but like yeah, just being not a Christian pretty much.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really ancel that and look it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: I can't legally, I can't.
Speaker 3: I had a special on the biggest I was set to come out on the biggest platform and it got canceled.
Speaker 2: I can't legally say it. You can't legally say it still to this day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: You kind of asked the question. Asking that question was like why would I ask this, Quesod?
Speaker 3: Yeah's that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing about it is, there's like I don't know, it's like.
Speaker 3: It is what it is not. There's the same with like the the uh I just uh eminem to myself. It mild myself. Yeah, yeah, that's the moon. So you gotta do.
Speaker 1: One time, I was getting a lot of penalties in football games and I had like three against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: We ended up winning, thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I had a whole bunch of reporters after been like, hey, what's it, And I was like, I'm the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get lots of penalties. I'm an absolute liability out there. Just started rattling all the things and I was like, yeah, you know, I was like, thank god I did that. Yeah you know this because you go to church. But you know the story about uh that there were there were that when I say yes, regardless, there was that there was a prostitute and they were gonna like stone her. That's so they're gonna everybody circled up in the community to stone her. And then it was about to go down, and Jesus was like, you without sin cast the first stump, and everybody drop their stones and kind of walked away. I do know that story. Anyway, we're gonna put a link at the bottom if you like to donate just a couple of dollars.
Speaker 2: That would have been the time.
Speaker 3: That would have been the time.
Speaker 2: We're like, well, yeah, yeah, I missed it.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, they go, you without sin cast the first stump, and that's like that. That's like the everybody is with everybody's favorite Bible verses, Like what what are we gonna like publicly? We like to because if somebody is here, you are here. You don't like we like to bring celebrities down level people out. Now. We at the begin you like when you start a podcast, there was like yeah, and then you get a little okay, I don't like him up there. Yeah yeah, you need to relax. Yeah yeah, okay, I don't like this. I wanted you to like not have to like work at Staples anymore. But I don't like the fact that you're you have a nice car. I don't like this because now it's a reflection on me.
Speaker 1: I get that. Yeah, I get it. I feel like boys. Do we have any questions in the back before we wrap this thing up? Two hour podcasts? Did you think it would go long or short? I would say that's probably about right. Yeah, but what's our longest one? Pressure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I didn't say a word. Oh yeah, I just sat there and let the man work, and you had air conditioning, probably that one. Yeah, I don't know what I'm back sweating and as is insane.
Speaker 2: But I don't know hood too.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's under this. I'm gonna take it off in the middle. Yeah, yeah, I think I got a little. Yeah, I do. My uh specialist coming out this week. We're announcing it this week. It's called John Christ would like to release it, release a statement? I love it? Yeah, what's it? What's it on YouTube? Yeah? That's crazy about that is everybody's doing theirs on YouTube? Yeah, I've noticed that everybody. Why do you think that is taking away that the power from Netflix?
Speaker 2: Well, you can't, it's easier to share.
Speaker 3: And if comics all we all have like a if you're a you're a movie star, you don't have a live show revenue stream so you have to just get the money from the streamer.
Speaker 2: Is what it's gonna pay you. That's gonna pay your bills.
Speaker 3: We have it's like putting out music in a lot of ways, the live shows where you make to generate all your income, so you just want as money people as you can see that as possible. And sometimes if you go to one of those streamers, they say you can cut, like we'll let you cut ten minutes worth of clips. You can't have it. We have it when you got to like we got offered from like one of the smaller UH streaming platforms for like a sizable and they were like, I go, yeah, I can't. I'm not telling everyone to go get Paramount plus or not not down, but like that was a knock on them, and I tried to like well plus taking strays like what we don't like, how am I going to? I want this thing to get out. That's all you wanted to do is so people can see it. And you're like, if it goes over there, you're like, dude, I love it, but no, thanks, Yeah, I'm not don't go into to be or something whatever to see. Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not mentioning the one it was.
Speaker 1: How do you feel that from a confidence level about this? Like where your nerves at when you're releasing a special like this one coming out? Is it like, hey, funk I hope people like this as No, it's I mean it's all been workshopped live for you.
Speaker 3: Hope people. Sometimes the algorithm won't, it won't get seen. Yeah, not that it's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have a large you have a large presence on YouTube and be alright all that you'll be. Yeah, you always gonna be at where you use your networking situations to tell your comedian buddies, Hey, will you please post this?
Speaker 3: You post it? Yeah, yeah, I'll put it. Well. The thing about it is, thanks, dude, is when I were asking me if when I was well, yeah, I just kid. Yeah, when I was a couple followers, somebody said on TikTok they were like, hey, because when Lewis c K he did like Madison Square Garden like a couple months ago. And some girl on TikTok was like, okay, So apparently Lewis c K is like uncanceled. Now, like who decided that? Like you know who decided comics? Yeah, comics Joe Rogan and Bert and he went on to comics literally uncanceled him. How did they do that?
Speaker 2: Because they put him on everything.
Speaker 3: All the biggest comedy pods took Lewis y K and everybody goes, ah, we love him, and comics uncanceled me. It was canceled, and the mainstream media wouldn't have me on anything. And then THEO had me on his poduh Nate Parkatzi have met on his pod. Andrew Santino had me on his pod, Ryan Law all the biggest pods and then everybody, now my stuff was everywhere and they were like, oh he's back. Yeah. Comedians had the power to which is awesome them. That is unbelievable. And now if you go on That's America right there, it really is because you go on the Tonight Show. Tonight Show has one point one million. If I had a if I made a video and it went that small, it would hang myself, I hang with that'd be that'd be horrible. It would be horrible. If a video did, if a video did that amount of views, I'd be like, it's a failure. One point one million, a big one. Well yeah, and they and they have millions.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a video goo over a million boys?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Second, let's go make sure to live another day.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure. I was blow the line.
Speaker 3: It was gonna it was gonna put you on in the in the being talked about amongst in this country, going on James Cordon, I'll I'm just taking shots at everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, I need to get my message out. I'm gonna go on Good Morning America.
Speaker 3: No, you're gonna go on somebody's podh Joe Rogan's the biggest platform in America.
Speaker 2: So there's yeah, Joe Rogan. And if you never get in Joe, have you been on Joe, I haven't been out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You and Joe Boyce we're not buddies. I don't know, you don't know, you never met. I've never shook his hand. I like his podcast. Yeah, this podcast is great. Yeah, number one in ninety three different countries, is it really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Isn't that just wild? I think that's unbelievable. Yeah, I think it's unbelieving.
Speaker 1: He's a he's a guy that can just really project like project guys in oh yeah, start them immediately. If he says, I like this comedian, that person's they're sold out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's it is, it is. And you guys probably the same.
Speaker 3: If you say like, hey, uh these like these I don't want to do one of your somebody that you start, Yeah, they're fantastic. But if you go, hey, like your voice, your pod is big, ours like you can affect other people's lives Joe Rogan, if he says, hey, everybody needs to stop eating at so and so because it will affect them, Yeah, heavily, like bankrupt heavily, and so we on auch smaller level, you'd be like, hey, don't like you can promote the things you like, the people you like, and the products you like and not the other stuff. And you have in some kind of cloud, not cloud in it, but you have some kind of people listen to what you say. That's why advertisers come here, because you advertise and people buy it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Very simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's that's also a scary thing because there's a lot of people out there that don't have the best intentions.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I'm a big Joe Rogan fan. Yeah, a big I think a lot of things.
Speaker 1: He says he's always in a growth mindset, which makes me think, Okay, this is the guy I'm willing to follow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Popularity doesn't always equal credibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah. True.
Speaker 1: And so it's like a lot of times when people have a voice, it's like that can be nerve wracking, not good, especially if they're preaching the wrong things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think a lot of people should not have a voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt this episode to bring you final and quite possibly one of the greatest things that can possible. I tell you about it in this adterin, and that is Duke Cannon. Warmer weather is here and things are heating up for the boys. But guess what, we're not sweating on the bus figuratively not We're not sweating literally.
Speaker 3: I'm dying right now.
Speaker 1: Why Because Duke Canon has our backs and our pits covered. If you need to upgrade, upgrade to your grooming routine, or restock your favorites, Duke cannons everything you need from antipersperans and deodorants to thick body wash and their big ass brick of soap. Dude, personal endorsement right now is what I need more than ever, and that's always the cool dry deodorant.
Speaker 3: Dude. I put that stuff on and it's starting to get a little warmer. Uside.
Speaker 1: Hit myself a little jog. Hit myself a little jog. Once in a while, I get that cooling feeling right in the armpits. What a day, What a feeling, Just to get that sensation of an ac unit absolutely billowing through your armpit hairs.
Speaker 2: It is a great feeling.
Speaker 1: Indeed, you can pick up these these hardworking products at Duke Cannon dot com and use code bust in ten for ten percent off your order. That's busting ten for ten percent off your order. That's bust in ten for ten percent. You gotta go down right, Why.
Speaker 3: Is it there again?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Oh, I almost did it again. I know I just did it again.
Speaker 2: I want to trust you more, and you know why, because that was your fault the last time. Right, this is new though normally they don't have the descriptions. We don't have to talk about this on THEA. No, we can talk about the go ahead which you got for me.
Speaker 3: Usually don't have that.
Speaker 2: It's don't have the description link. That's what goes in the actual description link on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tr.
Speaker 1: A little bit of inside ball for you guys in the YouTube link. But like we talked about before, YouTube is doing phenomenally and we like you to keep pressing that for all your boys and girls, A paying a forward method. But let's make sure we got on Apple, Spotify, downcast, all of those things. That's all the ad reads. We love you so much. Subscribe rate five stars. I don't know why I'm saying that. Let's just get back to this episode. I love you guys the other way.
Speaker 2: I had a joke in my show.
Speaker 3: I think I said it like, hey, like you know when you tweet, if you're about to tweet a swear word, it's like, are you sure you want to stay that? You know? They should be like if you're like like, uh, we are living on foreign we are living on stolen land.
Speaker 2: It should be like do you are you still on your parents' cell phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Just like pop, but like your question, you aren't you?
Speaker 2: Like we we we stand with Ukraine I was like, have you paid taxes?
Speaker 3: Like it just to be like are you You shouldn't be saying this, right, Like a lot of celebrities are like we we listen to them, and I don't think Joe really has a more.
Speaker 2: He's more like just very inquisitive. And that's I mean, he does have a side.
Speaker 1: He's got a side, but he also does a great side of playing great way of playing both sides. Yeah, Like he's not just gonna be hard yeah right or left or whatever whatever subject it is.
Speaker 3: But he would he would make he would make fun of the people that are like Joe Rogan or die like, yeah, I don't know what I'm talking you know what I'm saying. Yeah, the people that do that about y'all, they were like, dude, these guys, you're like, I don't know, we're just trying to like we think, but we're not positive.
Speaker 1: Isn't it wild when he like people come up to you and they're like, I fucking love yeah yours, I love your your comedy and I love listening to you on your show on your podcast.
Speaker 2: People come up to me sometimes and it's like why do you saved me?
Speaker 3: Or yeah, yeah, that's the.
Speaker 2: Most wild thing to me.
Speaker 1: You were like, hey, like I was going through a hard time and you and will because of like your guys' chemistry or vibe or whatever liked me helps me.
Speaker 2: And I think, man, that's just crazy that that's that exists. It's just wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you I mean, we talk about a lot that on our podcast about like we are just trying to like people are like, hey, I got this uh diagnosis right, or I'm going through a divorce, and like the two hours on your podcast every week is like a respit from some kind of pain or something like that. Everybody, and you know a lot of famous people where they're musicians or artists or like I like Tiger Woods. I flew out to Southern Hills and Tulsa to watch him last year. He came back and he was healthy enough, and I go, this.
Speaker 2: Odd to say, but this man has brought me.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like I'm gonna cry like it brought me, not really, but like so much joy as on Sundays seeing that guy in the lead was like in the iconic Outfit walks out and and and and and You're like, dude, You've just like like there's so many bands that like when I've been depressed, you're like that they helped me. And and if you see if I saw Tiger Woods, you realize, oh, this is uncomfortable because we're on the other side of it sometimes and you're like, oh, like if it's like dude, you're if I tried to verbalize this, the Tiger's like, yeah, too much. He's like, dude, I'm just trying to like sink some putts because like, yeah, I don't what I'm trying to get.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to keep my own life in order.
Speaker 3: Clearly, it's like, don't look up to me, like watching an athlete, watching Steph Curry or like, dude, it's it's like the gift, is it like from God or something, I don't know. You want to you to worship at worship in like a religious way, but like idolize somebody else, but you don't want to be idolized a man.
Speaker 2: A man is not made to receive it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the idea of yeah, yeah, I agree with that. The idea of somebody coming to you and essentially telling you I idolize you, I'm very uncomfortable. It's very uncomfortable. But like if you just took it for what the comment was. It's like, wow, that's amazing that I was a bit able to give you something that I wasn't aware I could give somebody. Yeah, like you just hope a regular a regular person on a dentity basis, Like I want to affect my wife and my kids in a positive way nine times out of ten.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they frustrate me. That's where the one comes in there.
Speaker 1: But for people like we were in Colorado, dude and Will lost his mom and this guy came up, and Will's been very vocal about it and the struggles at all. We've had a couple of good cries in the show and he's like, this dude comes up. He was I lost my mom around the same time you did yours, and you just helped me. And you could see Will does a good job of accepting compliments, which is a a trait that people need to have.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's also like one of those like I just can't believe people listen and like want to be a part of this life because we sit in front of a.
Speaker 3: Microphone and to help it to some I mean that you are like like obviously like very very rich, and that's part of it. But like, but yeah, I do all right, I do, Okay, that that's but if you don't, if you're like an unlike you're s bet or something like that, you're like you wanted to. That's why it was so hard. Like when during covid IS, nobody was like working and you're like, I think that if you the simplest job, right, you will say you work at McDonald's and you know how to run the So a guy comes in, he's been working hard all day. You he's hungry. You have the means and the knowledge to make a meal for him and give it. He pays you for it, and that you are helping. You feel like you're control beating to the ward and that's the simplest of all jobs.
Speaker 1: But you feel like you're part of helping the other, helping society. You're being you're being an active member of society.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when you everyone's just alone at home and you're like, man, we need to go, Like there are other rewards for it. Obviously you can feed your family and you can take care of you and you've got to. But you're like, well that's what that's what we're here for. Ye think at the end of it. If you want if you were like wanting the praise your cult leader, yeah, if you were like this back to the originals worship of this podcast, you should worship me.
Speaker 2: Yeah what yeah? What doesn't make any sense if you.
Speaker 3: If anyone that the highest compliment anyone could say to you, were like, yeah, like we'll like that. That means a lot to it. We work hard, Yeah, we work hard, and we spend a lot of thought into who comes on the show and what we say on this show, and sometimes we're just taking stuff up, but we do.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 3: We do care. You care about the listeners, You care about them. You can you can't do everything, very nobody can't go visit everybody's you know, but you do care.
Speaker 1: There's always like a massive struggle with when success happens to you because it is like a drug, and whether it's sports, comedy, acting, anything like, you feel that sense of like, holy shit, I'm doing something that not a lot of people get to do. And then as you get older and stuff like that, it's like you start to realize there's so many other avenues and things you can do in this earth, and then you realize I only have one shot at this and then like you're like, how can I do everything? But then once you start pulling your bandwidth apart, essentially you're like, how do you make sure not only doing as much stuff as possible, but you're doing stuff meaningfully? And that is like that's a That's the thing that I struggle with all the time because I'm like, I want this podcast to do well.
Speaker 2: I want like I want all the things. I want all the things it does.
Speaker 1: But like at the same time, it's like, what's the most important thing And that's like what you really have to get down to and like that's.
Speaker 3: Where you have to do the work. It's tough. Jeffree Star. Yeah, the most times you.
Speaker 2: Got to get down and dirty, get on all fours and just well bite the pillow, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is. Yeah, I guess you. Okay, you're gonna the pillow. We're both people think we're both gay or like, hey we a couple of queens hanging out right now. It's like, whoa that was the line after everything? No, you do like you do, like we don't got to get serious again, all right. I was gonna take it back there, but you don't have to. Yeah, No, that's the best part about a podcast. Brother, you can bounce around. He bounce around. You have to. If somebody says, hey, did you're you're you're somebody's you know, crying in the meet and greet and say I was, you're like you want to dismiss it because it's like if you if you thought that you deserved that, it would be a wild place. I don't what. You got to be out of your mind. You gotta be ill mentally ill to think that that, like thank you what? Or like to be like, yeah, you're welcome. You can say you're welcome. I gues like yeah, but to be able to sit there straight face be like good, I did that? You know like what yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Thought to be like if you to be.
Speaker 2: Used I guess by by God, or to be people love like watching you play.
Speaker 3: And like listen to you and you're like, well, I mean you're like, I'm just trying to keep my own like the idea that people are so we're like, hey, we drove, like we took a week. We all flew here for your show. That's an event. What paid money for a flight? Yeah? But they they they have watched your material and deemed that to be a decision that they would like to make. Why would you say no, it's not worth it or you know what I'm saying, why take that from them? Like everybody that went to Taylor Swift, you're like, it's just crazy if you interacted with her music and it affected you in some type of way and you're like, I'm going to spend five thousand dollars and you're like, that's what.
Speaker 2: Otherwise we talked about our podcasts, like otherwise, what are.
Speaker 3: We doing here? Like everybody like everybody's depressed, everybody's suicidal. Everybody goes back and forth on their willingness and desire to live and if something makes you that happy, yeah that's worth doing. I get jealous of sometimes people that are like like if you're like we're obsessed with the Titans and we got an RV and we go to every I'm like, dude, I don't care about anything that much. Yeah, Like it's almost like obsessed with NASCAR and they just go to Like people have followed our tour of us around like like call them stalkers, but like, dude, I wish I cared about anything that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that's exciting. Do you think there's a reason why you don't care about anything that much.
Speaker 3: Maybe I's like if somebody's stalking somebody, Like the worst thing about it is if the stoker was like oh yeah, then you met them and you go, oh yeah, just a part, Like I think you've seen the other side of it.
Speaker 2: If there's do you care about anything?
Speaker 3: Who's the the person like the concert that they were like hey, even if they were like Eric Church is like my favorite, like and there, I was like, Ah, then I go I missed the pre sale. I'll get it in the night.
Speaker 2: Are you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like I would love to go, but I've never it moves you. There's never been anything for me in my life.
Speaker 2: Games would probably be the most important things that would exist.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. I went to my kids play the other day and it was you wouldn't missed that for the world. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed every single minute of it. Those kids were awful actors, monotone. It was a musical terrible.
Speaker 3: I was terrible.
Speaker 2: It's not good at all, But these kids gave it hell and I was like just happy to be there for them.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's ever been anything in my life where I've like stayed outside for camped overnight for that you're waited for a presale to happen.
Speaker 3: But when you were young, no, there's I don't think I've ever had that drive to like obsess over someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weirdly, I've always else. When I was a kid, I was like, I want people to do that for me. Like I was always like, I want use it special enough to where people want to do that and come to come see media, whether it was ball or whatever. At that point in my life that I'm thinking of yourselves.
Speaker 3: I said. We were at the we were did our show on at Tampa on Saturday night, and the Morgan Show Isn't Town, and we were talking about the meet and greet, the meat greets after the show. My tour manager was like, well, we can just like run through the meet and greet like super fast so then y'all could get over there to the Morgan show. And I always said, I go, I would never forfeit the opportunity to live my own dream to go watch someone else live there. You know your second grade line of this podcast, Hey dude, I go, Well, even like open mics, it was like small and I was working on my own craft and like, hey, the you know the Braves are playing, I go, but I could do mine. That's what you're saying a little bit. You're like, I want to and there's nobody's music I love more than Morgan's. I was like, I'm not going to short change my fans that have come here, and we'll do our show and when it is complete, we'll go over there.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you can make it over for that. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. That's what you're saying is you always wanted to kind of live yours.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm saying that I always had like a dream, but every everybody has a dream and you know when they're growing up there where they want to be a firefighter, astronaut or anything. It's just like, I don't know that was always super important to me, and I've never had like a massive passion like that.
Speaker 3: What if we should be if items, if we had like a year, we should pick something. What should we do just to be like obsessed with to be a band? A sport? Just follow them around? Just follow them around. All all our content online is that.
Speaker 2: Follow somebody around?
Speaker 3: What's that? It could be an organization? It could be you could be it could be a I have to really have to really be a hobby. It could be any just like I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna be all in on this. I would go Nascar. You was for really go Nascar? Yeah, you just follow Nascar around everywhere. I'll get I mean, I don't think I would give be a nestcar group. Oh yeah, all the all the all the drivers. Yeah. It's such a good question because I don't like concerts. I don't like going to It's not music for you. It's what about sports? I've done sports? Yeah, Wilson in the locker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: If I was like, I'm gonna go hit every in the stadium ever, you go to every NFL stadium to watch a game, I've played in every NFL Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would gambling.
Speaker 3: All of the best gambler, I don't know. I would want to be gamble himself or follow her out. I would want to himself like, yeah, just over it, learn every game. And you know, here's why, here's why.
Speaker 1: I've had some recent luck and gambling and uh, I think my ignorance is what's keeping me alive. But I refuse to learn anything more about lick. You go too deep, you might you start learning. It's like this is when you hit I have a little card. All of a sudden, it's like sixteen verses. You gotta stay. I I think that's when you lose. Yeah, what happened to Taylor? He we haven't heard.
Speaker 2: He didn't text mine, And that's a really slippery slope.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think something like following uh something. I don't even follow it all, Like soccer. I don't follow soccer at all, but like to go to Europe and find just one guy who's a stud and just follow them around, and that I think that would be cool to do because it'd be a world I am. So you just learn as you go and you're just im.
Speaker 3: I like people that are I like people that are like obsessed with something. Like the guy the guy came to meet and greet last night. He goes, Dude, I make custom range rovers all I don't. I only make one at a time, and I'm two a year for people, and I go over and get them from Europe and we fly them back and he's like that's He's like, he's use all his feed is range rovers old ones, army ones, and he like, he's like he wakes up in the morning and he's just like, I got a reason to be here and everybody needs that in some way way.
Speaker 2: It could be your family. It could, but if you're not waking up or like like we had that.
Speaker 3: Uh. I don't mean to bring up THEO again, but we were a lot. Yeah, yeah, THEO and Brad Paisley. Uh yeah, we were there was the shooting that was in Uh, there was. I was out there, uh, because I had some families, they're friends of mine. Then went to Covenant and I got those kids off at school all the time, and I was kind of over there. And THEO, they we went about him very very compassionate and feels very very heavily and he's like, dude, where are you And I was like, I'm out here at this church and he's like, and he came by and we were just talking about that girl that you know she did.
Speaker 2: I was like, why why would you do something like that?
Speaker 3: I go, well, you know, the system hadn't quite worked for her, whether the society hadn't like given her reason to and with her. I don't want to get too deep into that, but you go why, why theo why did you wake up this morning and like go to you like shower and go work out?
Speaker 2: Why did you do that? Why did I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I want to be here. I want to I like doing comedy. I want to be as healthy as I can, to be able to do it for as long as I can. If the system, You're like, why did you wake up? Like we had a buddy that is a comedian that is like fifty. It just had like a very bad health issue and he's never really made it in comedy. Very bad health issue, is in the hospital for a year, has like a million dollars worth of medical debt, and he can't do comedy anymore. And we were like, dude, let's get up and like go for a walk and like get some vegetables. And he goes, why.
Speaker 2: You know, like yeah, he's like, so I can be here for twenty more years, and yeah, because he did he lost his drink.
Speaker 3: He's like, he can't do it anymore, so yourself, well do let's get up And he goes, why would I do why? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you go, oh, I wonder why people are wired that way?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Why doesn't make the covenant thing I literally truly can't wrap my head around.
Speaker 2: Not just yeah, yeah, as happens every day, happens every.
Speaker 3: Day, happens every day. Yeah, but you, I think to myself, if you're if you're like the system, me and you and everybody in this bust the system whatever the government or or whatever you call it or capitalism is, has worked for us, right, we have and we found a way to find a romantic partner. Some of us more successful than others. But uh, I just jokeing or like, and like everybody in here is like Alex works. It was like, hey, if we do this, if we if we keep going, if we go in the right direction, more average, like we we see the we see the way right, and we can go on vacation and better ones with our families, and we can like imagine if you were trying to be kept being like cast aside by the system, right, and you have like you you try to, you know, get a date and they're like hmm, you try to like kind of start a business and everybody's like, h you're socially it was like like everyone creates it commits acts like that in isolation alone, right, And so you're just like if if everybody keeps pushing you aside, like the fantasy where you drive by that like door where they sell weapons and you go right in a very very unhealthy like you go, oh, like that person has power. Yeah, scary. Yeah. The idea of.
Speaker 1: Like not having a why is really just such a big deal because that you point everybody back here. Everyone here is no one in here is working a cubicle job, you know, the something that they're they're all working and getting better at a craft every single day.
Speaker 3: But why did they have Why did you have the idea that you're like I'm going all the way to the league, or like, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't very easily been a person without direction, and I was. I was very troubled in youth, and I was in a lot of trouble legally, and then all of a sudden, like I just played football in my football team my sophomore year ended up winning States, and I was like, holy shit.
Speaker 2: And it felt I want to do this. That's it, and that's it, you know.
Speaker 3: We I was having a conversation with my buddies that works in inner city and school, and I was like, I don't understand why there's like graffiti everywhere, graffe all over the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: And I was like, why, it doesn't make any sense, that's just it's why why was anyone do that?
Speaker 3: And then he goes, if you've like reached out for like hell or like a voice, and people constantly have been like yeah, and you never have been rewarded, you never felt then why wouldn't you Why wouldn't you burn the whole thing down? You're like, I don't it's pointless for me to be here. And that's what suicide is. It's why you go, I don't I want to Why? Why do I want to follow the rules? I want to want to drive in the internteated. I don't want to get a ticket because I want to have a driver's size, because I want to be able to fly so I can the rewards of the system. Has it's worked for me? And you've got some validation from doing a thing, and you go, I would like to keep doing that.
Speaker 2: And if you're not, if you're not on that, if you what do you call it giving up?
Speaker 3: You're like, you should should start working out, or you should start taking care of your body. Why, yeah, Well what do you think the answer is, Well, I mean I'm a Christian, so that's that was part of my kind of.
Speaker 2: The kind of the north star.
Speaker 1: I guess for me, Yeah, I mean finding something else, not finding something to believe in something.
Speaker 3: What are we doing here? This got way too serious.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, no, I mean yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: So you're like, but this is it's a good question to ask because like, some people don't have Christianity or religion, and maybe that's not that's not their answer for their why.
Speaker 2: It's like, you just got to find something to believe in for a reason.
Speaker 3: And if you if you back to Taylor Swift, if you're obsessed with Taylor Swift, you're like, well, if I take another shift at my job, I can maybe get the better seat, or I can buy a better out or like right, so you're like, if I well, if I work harder than I can, there's a reward of But some if you that's what we're saying, if you don't have anything, you never got the validation of winning state. If you never that's like just a just a shot of like adrenaline so heavy that you go, I won't do that. That's what happened when I first made someone laugh. I want to do that for the rest of my life. And I get up and I want to meet with my agents, and I want to keep myself together and I want to present well and I want to because I want to do it for as long as possible and to help help other people.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have a what's the plant? But even outside of outside of suicide is addiction.
Speaker 3: It's like, that's what it is. That's another thing too. Addiction is.
Speaker 2: Like I've never I've never I've never been addicted, but I have.
Speaker 1: I have a very addictive personality, but I've always had the ability to sit there and be like, Okay, yeah, you're doing this too much? Are you doing that too much? You should just take a break. And I do take a break, and then you feel a whole lot better. The suicide thing, I mean, the people obviously every single day cament suicide and I like, I've never once had that thought in my head. It's such a hard thing for me to conceptually wrap my mind around somebody that somebody was gonna, you know, do that. It's the current, it's basically, and it also shows how lucky I've been in life, Like there's a there's a wild amount of luck that you're you need to go along with talent or passion or whatever else so you're you're able to shoot it. There's a lot of guys, like songwriters, comedians that are tortured souls and then they found the outlets that way to do that. Football football included, Like there's dudes that run away. Football save so many people's lives. Sports save so many people. And you could see it in the in locker room sometimes college, high school, everything like this is like the and think keeping this guy afloat and and worry about that guy when he's done? You like, what's gonna happen to him.
Speaker 2: When he's Yes, so he lost his like what do we And a lot of guys are that, Yeah, they lost their reason.
Speaker 3: What are we doing here? Well, the whole thing was working towards winning a ring. Now we're done with that? Or what are we doing? And then you and then you then you go, well, what's the point of all of this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like you if you're you, if you achieved your lifelong goal. Yeah, everything after that is just disappointment.
Speaker 2: And then you go, what we're gonna do?
Speaker 3: What are we I'm gonna spend another forty years on this planet talking about remember the.
Speaker 2: That's horrible. Yeah, the best if your best day was behind you.
Speaker 3: Right right, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a huge reason I'm so grateful for doing this. Oh yeah, because it's like you start this while you're involved. And if I if I was where I'm at now my career of football, yeah I didn't have this podcast. Yeah, my mental fortitude would be much.
Speaker 3: Positive.
Speaker 1: I would be I would not be in a good because it consumes you. It truly is your identity. And then you would always say, hey, football is what you do, it's not who you are. That's bullshit.
Speaker 3: Like if you're gonna if you're going to become what you got was able to, you've got it. It literally absorbs you. People.
Speaker 1: I'll have conversations with Will or my wife, and I'll talk about conversations three years ago, and uh, like they would say things that I would say, I can't believe I fucking said that.
Speaker 2: But it was all in the lens of because I'm a football player.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be viewed this way, viewed that way, and that now that seems so small to me, and it's like, yeah, you're just finding something and we're not gonna be able to answer this question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think of it. But but if anybody go, what's the reason to like Like.
Speaker 3: It's a weird thing to say, but somebody told me one time, they go we I just show in Detroit and it was like the guy came to me after the show and he goes, it was at a church. This is back, and I was back. I used to perform at churches. I don't do it anymore. But he goes, we have this girl. It was like, she loves your comedy. She's like obsessed with your comedy. And whether this this story is embellished from him or not, he goes, she was like suicidal, and she goes, well, John's coming, you know, two months or something. He's come. So I want to like stay, I want to stay. I would like I like, not anything about me, but like I like that. So I'm gonna stay a lot for the show. Wild. It's a wild thing to hear. It's a wild thing to hear on this side. But you go, well, back to Taylor Swift, You're like, yeah, but okay, if you don't have anything, anything that you're you make range rovers, or you make this table or you're like, dude, I'm upset if you're if nothing brings you joy, I don't know, wait, what what would to say? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's probably a lot of people listening to this right now going I don't have that, Like where is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And you just something that is something that that's a I was like having something on the on the like you're going into going into your doctor, you say you want to be on antidepressants. He's like, we'll put a couple of fun things on your calendar, get some sunlight, have a conversation with your parents, forgive some people, and start exercising and come back in a month before we put you on anti depressants.
Speaker 2: Let's try that first.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Otherwise what are you doing? And and and in the system. If you look at the financial system, you're like, oh, this is never I'm never gonna get it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also like, I don't know, it's tough. Have you ever been depressed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, Like the idea of doing anything when you're depressed, it's one of the hardest things.
Speaker 2: And if you're not depressed, you can't understand somebody that is depressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you've I've I've had dark days and it's like, yo, I know I have to do X, Y and Z today, But the thought of even doing eating out of bed right now is just is just awful not doing it, but it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, that's it. That's a good little remedy right there.
Speaker 1: Like put a couple of things in your calendar that you think, Okay, this is gonna give me something to look forward to. It some really forward to some to look forward to, sunlight, interaction with human beings. Yeah, get around to say.
Speaker 3: There's a I don't know if it's a documentary or something that Jonah Hill put on with his therapist. I forget what that's called. It's called.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but the guy has like a pyramid of things.
Speaker 1: If you can achieve these three things, like it's a relationship with yourself, relationship with people, and then I think it was a relationship with a higher power, which is a word that people really like, you know, for you growing up the way you did.
Speaker 2: It's like that's so normal. Yeah, God, yeah, it's uncommon for a lot. Yeah, but it's it's it's wild how uncommon is for so many people outside of ourselves, invest.
Speaker 1: In yeah, yeah, ins in organized religion. What's going on? And sometimes the answer is like, you don't have to understand everything. I think that's what human beings want to do so much, is understand everything going on in the world. And it's that's not possible. You're not going to be able to obtain that knowledge. Our brains don't function at that capacity. Yeah, but there there is an it. There is every day you're like you look at like like a flower or something like, there has to how that get made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like God is like something's going on here, you know, or you look at like another person that you're like these feelings of of like love or compassion or ego. There's gotta be a yeah. Wait, this is beyond our knowledge of No, we have the microphones, yeah, yeah, less than us. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everything we say is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think it. I think it's two people trying to sort that stuff out and you go, I mean, if there's got to be something else besides, isn't it. Jim Carrey that said I wish everybody could be rich and famous. They can realize it's not not the answer. That's not the answer.
Speaker 1: It doesn't help a lot of it though, yeah, just getting no question. There's a lot to look forward to. Yeah, look for who needs someone interaction? When you got money, fame and wealth.
Speaker 3: That's our message really, that is Yeah, if you subscribe to this podcast, dude, you can achieve all that with our ten steps program.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, dude. When when's your special?
Speaker 3: Come out?
Speaker 2: May twenty third?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, twenty first on YouTube and it's called Chris would like to release a statement.
Speaker 2: Well, what was your process on figuring out that title?
Speaker 3: Oh? I had like a couple of them, and then I was like that one it would be the most. Like everyone's like, wait what yeah that one about you just asked? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The reason we did it? Yeah yeah yeah. But the way it's it was like John Chris and then when the.
Speaker 3: Question mark.
Speaker 2: Like, oh I gotta tune this find out what this guy's up to?
Speaker 3: You man, the question mark, fuck, did you answer a lot of people's questions and just come out like halfway the show be like I'm not and then watch like a bunch of people get out of and leave the.
Speaker 2: Leave the stadium. Oh he's not, damn it. Like yeah, on YouTube you can see like you're like where the view count and then.
Speaker 3: Where yeahs, says the word day and then it goes straight down. That's larious.
Speaker 2: The next special, dude, the next special.
Speaker 1: Oh man, man, I'm I'm I was like pleasant, I obviously knew this is gonna be a great podcast, but I'm I'm really grateful you came on here.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed talking to you. Thank you, brother, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: It was an amazing time. We'll have to do it again. But for those of you watching, please subscribe on subscribe to resubscribe. All those things cheat the algorithm and let's fucking let's send this thing to the moon. Appreciate you, big hugs, tiny kisses,