Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Zeit Sassin's trend. Oh shadows.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, and.
Speaker 1: You know I know what that's all about.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, Jack, I know you wanted to be Yasca, but no, you are more no it acs.
Speaker 1: You get you planning some acs or what?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, okay, okay, am I pulling it off? Ya buying it?
Speaker 3: Show everybody your Ubi soft tattoo you got. Oh my, the Division One man, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play Division One.
Speaker 2: The UFT game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know when the disease took over New York and a new group of people had to rise up from the dystopian chaos to bring order to New York City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as me shade Ah.
Speaker 1: You might know my work, Miles. It's Thursday, yeah yeah, yeah, basically Friday. It's almst Friday. Yeah, getting there, it's getting there. We were just watching some fun videos. We just watched Pikachu fleeing the Turkish police. Nice little, uh work of art brought to you by the real Dystopia. Yea, god damn it is not some AI ship.
Speaker 3: But anyway, yeah, running trailers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we can talk about that when we get to the n b A or NBA section later in this trending episode, but first, as students, American citizens are being apprehended basically kidnapped by masked I don't know police.
Speaker 3: Uh say that word when you're like, these people are just like state sponsored terrorists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, state sponsored mass kidnappers. And you know they're good because they're hiding their identity. That's what's happening in the US right now. Pretty scary stuff. And they're being deported from the country for holding opinions that the government doesn't like. Meanwhile, Joe Rogan, So, Joe Rogan's talking about, you know, government's getting caught up in tyranny and violating people freedom of speech. He's just talking about it happening in Canada for some reason.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Joe, Yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: He said he has for a while now, said he wouldn't travel to Canada. And the UFC is hosting a big event UFC three point fifteen in Montreal, and for political reasons, he's not going to go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shut the fuck up, dude, it's because you're good. No one wants to see your ass, especially not in Canada now. Yeah, being like the face of like a lot of the right wing Meeta, Yeah, a good time to go, but not a good time, dude. Actually, I'm not going because I'm like trying to avoid booze and shit and people basically yelling at me or voicing their displeasure with me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go because they're tired.
Speaker 1: Call me a teetotaler the way I avoid booze. There, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I know, as I said that out loud, it sounded like avoid booze. But yeah, thank you for turning them into a bar.
Speaker 1: And what a cool bar it would be to brag about how thin skinned.
Speaker 2: You are exactly. Let them know, let them know, you know what I mean. Call me a tee total of the way I'm avoiding the booze.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. Actually, yeah, they can come down on you for a lot of things. They seized up the bank accounts for people who were protesting the truckers. So he's still worried about the the truck freedom voice from years ago, but as yet not not really speaking out on behalf of the people who protested or were just like at a protest, not even leading protests, yeah, or.
Speaker 3: Having a byeline where in a student paper said, Mmm, genocide's bad.
Speaker 1: We kind of don't.
Speaker 3: Well, so you materially support hamas what and even say that word?
Speaker 2: What are you talking? What the what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's where we're at right now.
Speaker 1: So he was saying, he was saying he didn't want to go to Canada last July and now during a recent podcast with fellow non comedian Brendan Shaub, he said, I won't be there. I don't go to Canada anymore. I don't. I'd rather go to Russia.
Speaker 2: Oh really for real?
Speaker 1: No way, Yeah, that's crazy, that's that's so wild, Such a strong statement coming from you, somebody who throats the boot for an administration that is blatantly in league with Russia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Canada, I can't look when I inevitably i'll be there. That's because I'm fleeing America. But I like going to Canada and I'm do it.
Speaker 2: Is it can't describe what's can Well, how do you all.
Speaker 3: See Americans when we show up in canaon Because I know there's a lot of Canadian listeners. I'm I'm very respectful wherever I go, so typically, but I'm also no, this is a very interesting period in international relations. I don't necessarily see Canadian people as turning up like what are you a fucking American and then throwing a fucking hot Tim Hortons in my face.
Speaker 1: But let me know, you have to like swear allegiance to Tim Hortons or Fine Toney or Fine. I'd be like, sure, man, it's better than what we got going on down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever you want, man, I love it. I love it all right.
Speaker 1: In NBA news, yes, first of all, I do just want to celebrate this past Jokic, the you know, against the MVP top two for the past five years.
Speaker 3: Now, y'all just google Yokic past. There's no way obviously we can do a justice. But it's a fucking magic trick. It is a magic trick. Like I'm I think I finally figured out the physics of what's happening. He has the strongest fucking wrists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just like tapped it over his shoulder and it goes all the way from the three point line, like directly into the hands of somebody waiting at the baseline. As a player named Brook Lopez on the other team who plays for Milwaukee does just the best, like.
Speaker 2: The wrong direction.
Speaker 3: I know, we keep bringing up the Washington Admirals, but it's some Harlem globe trotter.
Speaker 2: Ask ship where they're like, are you playing that up? Like did you.
Speaker 1: To be in the play for the Washington Generals after his career is over?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Yeah? Great, pass google that.
Speaker 1: But also if you could do that while your pants are falling down, that would really.
Speaker 3: Be Can you time the head turn in the complete opposite direction with just your pants just falling down after? But also there's also beef brewing between steven A Smith and Lebron James, or at least steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith keeps trying to get Lebron James talk about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's succeeding unfortunately. Yeah, like this is this is just I don't know. Lebron James one of my favorite, if not my favorite player of all time in NBA history. Steven A Smith one of my least favorite, oh my my favorite, one of my least favorite people around basketball, and I just I feel like this is not good for Lebron. I don't know, like it's just a it's just a bad situation. Lebron came up to steven A Smith court side and told him to lay off his son to keep my son out of this ship, which I like, you got to stop fucking with my son. That's my son. That's my son. It's like he's an NBA player though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith is a piece of shit, so would you expect, like right, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I just also like, though too, how Stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith he's even talking about because then Lebron went on the Pat McAfee show.
Speaker 2: It's just funny to hear Lebron curse yeah, because he sounds like the like the virgin who's swearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker Like.
Speaker 3: Not it's not quite rolling off your tongue, Lebron. And that's okay because you are the goat and you are media trained.
Speaker 2: You are also the goat of media training.
Speaker 3: But anyway, continues talking about this back and forth with them, but also just hearing Steven A. Smith talk about how he thinks he would have fought Lebron James is so funny to me, Like that he thinks there was even a remote possibility that he was going to activate some kind of kinetic confrontation with Lebron James is the funniest shit to me.
Speaker 1: I wonder what he was going to roll up on me. I had no idea, but when he said what he had to say, I was in no position to give any kind of retort without making a scene. It was during the third quarter, it was fresh out of a timeout. It was him walking to the basketball court. It was on national television. The cameras were rolling and had I done something? What do y'all think? What do y'all want me to do? Do you want this to be a reincarnation of Chris Rock and Will Smith? Oh? You were going to slap Lebron James steven A Smith? You you were going to slap Lebron?
Speaker 2: He said, Oh, he said on it was on site?
Speaker 3: Are you are you fucking ri Then he goes, let me stay for the record that while we bring up that, let me assure you I wouldn't have gone It wouldn't have gone down like that.
Speaker 2: I would have gotten my ass kicked. That is true. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you know that, because had that man put his hands on me, I would have immediately swung on him.
Speaker 1: Immediately that I'm not going to tolerate.
Speaker 2: But I knew he wasn't going to do something like that.
Speaker 1: I feel like if Lebron James put his hands on Stephen A. Smith, Stephen A. Smith would not have immediately and instinctively started swinging. I think he would have immediately and instinctively wet his pants.
Speaker 2: I think his pants would have fallen.
Speaker 1: Down, pissed down the leg of his pants as they fell down, and a slide with well went on.
Speaker 3: His pants so hard his pants are blew down to his ankles.
Speaker 2: That's how hard he's just wearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big old, big old heart boxer shorts, and.
Speaker 2: Then he he's got the and then he keeps.
Speaker 1: Peeing and those fall down, and he's sock guarters too.
Speaker 2: You gotta have sock guarters to complete. Pants came down anyway, So.
Speaker 3: It's just whatever, the mess continues.
Speaker 1: So I would just say the whole Lebron Bronny thing is such a tough situation for him. For Bronny, it's always been like such a tough situation for him. So I don't know, I don't really see Lebron's point, because anybody is going to get criticized for being a player in the league like that. That's just like part of being a player in the League.
Speaker 3: But I think it's probably like when there's commentary about their relationship as child and father. Yeah, yeah, like higher but yeah, and he's like, well now, but also this is this is this is commentary too, and I get that and I don't know how you balance it too. So either way, like no one would get mad Lebron.
Speaker 2: If you just fucking folded stephen A. Smith up no on Live nor So in a way that's okay too, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like this is your dad. You're asking him to be like, hey man, could we not do this?
Speaker 3: Can you drop me off, like up the street from Crypto.
Speaker 1: Before you drive it? Right, I'll just I'll just no, no, no, I'm good. I'll just walk up myself.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: It's gay.
Speaker 3: I'll get out here right out here on fike. Yeah, i'mnna get outre r and figure out.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Thanks, Thanks, I see you in there seeing there.
Speaker 1: I love you, love you, love you, dad, kiss me, don't kiss me. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: Politics news. Should we do a little politics news? The White House has going on. They've got the answer for this. This is I feel as far as I'm concerned the story's over. The Atlantic editor in chief Jeffrey Goldberg is an anti Trump hater.
Speaker 2: This is wild.
Speaker 3: We are in the midst of this stupid ass signal story where we know what happened.
Speaker 2: It is true that they were blabbing about.
Speaker 3: Sensitive information and classified and shit that should not be on fucking signal, no matter how you want to cut it, even though they want to be like it was it was just like flight details or whatever. No, no, stop trying to fucking fake news your way out of it. But this is I guess the Caroline Levitt, God dude, what a fucking gig she has to just go up there and be.
Speaker 1: She fucking thrives off of it. She seems like she's having a blast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the ship they take in the boys v Compound?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she takes like the compound.
Speaker 3: V of I need to speak with the manager and her like she is juiced up, like like it's another fucking level of.
Speaker 1: Compaty, spraying that like chrome spray paint into her mouth like those guys before before. Every time before she goes out, she's like, you know, huffs on some of that ship.
Speaker 3: It's funny, it's actually just silver spray paint out of a paper bag. I'm humping at you to get to get right before these press briefings. But here's her talking about Jeffrey Goulder being a Trump hater.
Speaker 4: Do you trust the Secretary of Defense, who was nominated for this role, voted by the United States Senate into this role, who has served in combat, honorably served our nation in uniform. Or do you trust Jeffrey Goldberg, who is a registered Democrat and an anti Trump sensationalist reporter. This president and this national security team are putting our national security and the American people first. We are restoring American strength around the world.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, do you trust nothing?
Speaker 3: You gonna trust who you're gonna trust Pete Hegseth, who I can only merely describe achievements, nothing to actually defend his character or why it's unlikely that he did this or a liar. Now from that juxtaposition, take what you will and make your decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's all right. Yeah, No, she's got a really good point. And I trust the guy who's uh repeatedly been drunk on the job and had to be carried out of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and seems to have a pensiont for assaulting people and has you know, extremist tattoos as a you know, like white supremacist.
Speaker 1: But you know, but then yeah, yeah, well you could have a slip up. It seems like he's yeah, this is open and shut up.
Speaker 3: He has his slick back hair, okay, and President Trump is winning on every account, Thank you, no further questions.
Speaker 1: Wow, she is in her twenties, that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's twenty seven, Jesus. And look what the oh I mean, look what it does to you.
Speaker 3: Look what it does to you, looking like you're taking peaks at the Arc of the Covenant every night before bed.
Speaker 1: Just a little, one little peak, Mike raydosing Arc of the Covenant, just little little peaks.
Speaker 3: What I do is I just do it a little like the way I get away with looking at an eclipse, just real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just took a little, quick, little bit.
Speaker 3: But it kills you slowly from the inside, kills these very slowly.
Speaker 1: Christy Nome did a like she's basically.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the what if she's been doing this shit all the time.
Speaker 3: Let me do dehumanizing bad guy videos for Instagram.
Speaker 1: And so she did one of those in an El Salvador prison and was rocking a sixty thousand dollars gold Rolex in front of a bunch of shirtless El Salvador imprisoners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and going on to be like, this is what will happen to you. This is one of the tools in our toolkit that we will use if you are here illegally. Do not come here illegally. I check out my fucking rollie cost sixty racks. Okay, see what I see what I did with this?
Speaker 1: She's pointing with her rolex hand.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just like it's sums up, just like everything terrible about our reality right now is like you have a sixty k rolex rocking evil doer talking in front of a bunch of prisoners, trying to discourage people who are destitute with no financial recourse except to leave where they are from, to be like, hey, you don't want to be like them?
Speaker 1: Don't we get some scarier ones up front? Actually, this one's not scary enough? And could you like kind of look mean, what could I do to get them to look? Mean? Like stangle the role lets?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Christine nom yeah, I mean, I mean, this is what her and Cash Betel have been doing. They just like take pictures to make it look like they're doing a job, and they're merely just you know, face.
Speaker 1: Well, when your boss only can be communicated with via like Fox News hits, you know, like just little fifteen minute Fox News segments.
Speaker 2: Like that you need things, I show up on Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's equial.
Speaker 3: Like when I would write s is in career font twelve point five yeah point you know what I mean, just to fill out the space, because I wasn't really doing that, but it looked it looked like three pages. M hm, you know what I mean? Does you go on Fox News get some FaceTime?
Speaker 2: Trump thinks?
Speaker 3: Honestly, do you think even Trump would even.
Speaker 2: Be like Christy, what are you doing? Are you being productive? No? No, no, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: It's probably merely for the repetition because his mind, his memory is so terrible that she has to appear on TV because he only remembers the TV characters.
Speaker 1: Now, he's just like, you know, the American people, you need to tell them three hundred and seventy five times every time you're gonna do something to get them to remember, hm exactly all right. And finally we have a new trailer for a new Paul Thomas Anderson movie filmmaker behind Boogie Knights, there will be Blood Magnolia, which Magnolia is like his number two box movie at the box office.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, Tom Cruise, not, that's right, the Cruz.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it really That's that's when they break through is if he has.
Speaker 2: A very famous, famous actor in the movie.
Speaker 3: I mean at least in the terms of people go to the theater and talk about it, because I feel like most people who like films or whatever talk about pta work or his filmography.
Speaker 1: But so this movie, so they just dropped the trailer. It is intriguing. It's like a near future dystopia civil war type movie.
Speaker 3: Or civil rights revolution. There's he's he's with Tiana Taylor. Yeah, Regina Halls, Tianna Taylor's mother. There's a Benicio del Toro wild card factor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Benicio del Toro is there.
Speaker 3: The fact that it's Leonardo DiCaprio and you have like Tianna Taylor. I think it's going to activate many different people. Benisio, There's like this just feels like a like a big movie, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it feels like a big movie. And the budget is over one hundred and forty million dollars, which is that's big. Like usually his movies, the budgets are around like twenty five forty million dollars, and that's usually what his movies make, like he's his box office has been between ten million dollars and seventy million dollars, like his high as seventy million dollars for There Will be Blood and like his last one was like Risch Pizza, which was like thirty three million. And so they're they're going big. They're taking some big swings, and there's guns, there's movie stars, there's action sequences. This looks cool as hell to me. There's Johnny Greenwood score all over the trailer.
Speaker 3: It's always Johnny. It's always Johnny green with the guitarist from Radiohead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I need to.
Speaker 3: I think this will be a movie I'll see. But I always say that and I don't end up making it too the movie theater. This is a movie I'll see eventually.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you didn't like like Rish Pizza, right, just it wasn't Fanny. What what's your favorite? Paul Thomas Anderson Knights Bokie Knights.
Speaker 2: No, there will be blood too.
Speaker 3: I really there's just I think it's more that I quote Boogie Knights the most from my adolescence when the movie came out, and merely.
Speaker 2: Because liked the porn Storm movie. And then as you watch it kind of starts getting realer and realer and.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh shit, dude, like just kind of this is all like fucked up, but you also really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: There will be blood too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: There will be blood fucking rips a person too. Yeah. Yeah, I mean that's in many ways the valley is a character in Magnolia. They say, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show. It is a crofton after hold on your butt, buckle the fuck up, buggle the fuck up. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines while you still can, get your flu shot. Don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye. M