Speaker 1: Backing up the truck, let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sportsbooks. It's me, Joey pa Joe Pisifa with me is the Welsh, and of course it's you and we have baseball back today. Not a lot of games, but we do have some for those of you who are just jones and for some action. We also have some trade talk to discuss some interesting proposals that have put out there theoretically for Juan Soto. And we're also gonna take a deep dive into the betting market today, so in case your fantasy teams have not gone the way you had hoped, maybe you can make up some of that money in the futures market with some of these teams that we're gonna talk about today and some of these odds. So it's gonna be a little bit heavy on the betting today, but also Welsh. I think that's always fun because I think now we know who teams really are, who they're not, and maybe who is set up for a good run As we look ahead to the real playoffs of baseball coming in the next two months now.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting too to see how all the books are going to be readjusting in the second half, because there's like a really good movement in their favor on the second half of the first half. You know, in the beginning kind of had an advantage on total prop strikeout props are really good first fives, and then as we've gone on, everything has really really tightened up. It'll be interesting to see how they're going to adjust in the second half. And as the chat said, just because we're talking about gambling, this second half is where we all win championships. This is where the championship run truly truly begins.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, it's how you finish, not how you start. That's what I've been told. Oh well, I don't know if that's true. I mean, who knows. All right, let's get after it. Let's talk about some of the headlines here, and let's start with the very top, which is good news for Seattle that George Kirby expected to rejoin the rotation on Tuesday. Jordan or jor Don Alvarez Just Alvarez is expected to also return today, so that's very good news. A lot of circulation going on too. About Michael Confordo, who's been a free agent all year. Now that the draft is over, he's free to sign somewhere. Do you think Michael Confordo hooks up with a major league team here? I say somebody does give him a contract and tries to bring him up either as a you know, outfield extra bat or DH kind of guy. I would think he signed somewhere here in the second half. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no doubt about it. This was the play where he's like, I'm gonna set out for the year. There's nothing out there for me. Now you're in a spot where teams are going to be looking for bats dealing with injuries, and this was a Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, he definitely.
Speaker 2: Struggled last year, but still put up fourteen homers, fifty to fifty on the run and RBI. But he's only a couple of years removed from a thirty homer season, so we have to see. I think I don't know how aggressive it is. I think I think Boris is the agent, and Boris has just been on you know, just boom boom boom, like, hey, the Nationals didn't have Soto on a flight.
Speaker 3: Isn't that horrible. Isn't that crazy? Rookies?
Speaker 2: I mean there, he's just out there selling left and right, maybe the hardest working man in baseball, even though he might be one of.
Speaker 3: The most hated.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Canforto's being sold out there. But I don't know how many teams are really looking at this moment. I feel like he's going to be a post trade deadline guy, like maybe you know, August tenth or something like that. So if you want him preemptively pick up, especially if he goes to a nice spot.
Speaker 1: And yes, I see in the chat people are talking about it. So we have to address the elephant in the room, which is my David Bowie space oddity light is back and here to stay and night. That's right, bag. Oh yeah, well maybe you know, maybe it should be more of the berry white stuff. It could be little Teddy Pettigrass. Maybe start playing some of that that do is gonna be good times. This is why yo. What's up everybody? It's me Joey p Oh yeah. All right. Let's take a look at some other news here. Mitch Hanniger beginning his rehab assignment. So that's another huge piece for Seattle. I think we forgot about Mitch. I know I do. So you know, Seattle's make it a run here. I think Seattle's going to be an aggressive team in the next two weeks here. Do you agree with that that Seattle's going to do something else they feel like they are.
Speaker 3: They should be, they have to be.
Speaker 2: I think they need to really hit the rotation. You know, it's funny you mentioned that with Hanneger because for me, he's one of those guys. Every time I read you know, I'm like readoing my rest of season ranks, I'm like, dang it, what do I do with him? Because when he comes back, there's like a thirty forty homer guy that is he coming back?
Speaker 3: When is he coming back? So I'm always just playing around with that.
Speaker 2: This is going to be an influx to the roster, you know, that can be able to put in at that like you know, four or five six slot, big, big home run power, and I think it's going to be one of those things when you look at the record, you look at you know, how they ended out the first half and the you know, simple small needs that this team might have. Yeah, I think they need to be aggressive, but you know, my eyes the aggressiveness is still in the pitching market. Go get the Frankie Montas, Go get the Luis Castillo, Go get one of those guys to show out your rotation. You get a I don't know, maybe try to get one of those cheap closers to put in there.
Speaker 3: The offense seems decent.
Speaker 2: I just don't know how much offense they make, but I would love to see them be hyper hyper aggressive. I've seen people trying to associate them with the Soto stuff, and I don't think.
Speaker 1: So we'll get to that package that they want to put out there, which is it's interesting, it's but you know, it involves Jared kell Nick. So once again, I don't know if that's the cornerstone piece that you want to build a SODO trade around. If you're the Washington Nationals, I don't think you do. That's the problem there. The Diamondbacks don't want to build a rotation anymore around Dallas Kaikeel He was debayed for the second time this year. How many times you have to be dfad before you take the hint and say, you know, maybe I'm done here, Maybe maybe I should just go home sit on a pile of money, because he's got that and just chill like I mean, I respect the guy wants to pitch still, but clearly nobody wants him to pitch for them.
Speaker 3: Go hang out with Kelly Nash, I girlfriend, So go hang with Kelly. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna I would say for somebody that was designated by the White Sox that then went to the Diamondbacks, that's someone who's showing themselves they're not ready to stop baseball. That he went down that road. He pitched like three games in Complex League until he got called up.
Speaker 3: I would love, I would.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the record is for being designated for assignment. We know that was Edward Oliveris, who was optioned like eleven times in a season or whatever.
Speaker 3: I'd like to see him get designated.
Speaker 2: A couple more times, if I'm being honesty, like a bunch of jerseys this year. So I hope, you know, I hope Seattle picks him up. He has one half of an inning start, he's designated, let's go for the record.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: By the way, everybody uh really enjoying this whole new intro. Apparently that that new heyo should be the lead into all the podcasts, and I knew I loved busirisig Is. He's more of a Joeasye guy, me too, Come and talk to me. I really want to know your name. That's that's that's the height of.
Speaker 3: The one relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's no, that's that's that's not jodasy that's that's I don't remember genre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, that's I mean, I remember nineties hipp it just nothing.
Speaker 1: I could talk about nineties R and B all day long, but that's another part. Let's instead talk about the NATS and what they want for one sodo possibly. Now, just to point this out there, I went and I did a little spot tracking, because I do love the spot track. If you are going to take on a contract, here's what is allowed basically left and remaining on Patrick Korb and he's got a year twenty four and a year at thirty five. So that's not like ridiculous sixty million dollars. Okay, that's a lot, but not compared to Steven Strosburg. Steven Strosburg has Welsh one hundred and forty million dollars remaining and several more years. He's got this year and then all the way till twenty twenty six, and then he's a free agent in twenty twenty seven. So it's total of one hundred and forty million or sixty million. Huge chasm there.
Speaker 2: Can they offer him a stake in the like organization to get rid of that contract or something they should do whatever they can't there is no but no.
Speaker 1: One's taking that. I'm just telling you right now. In hell, nobody is taking the Strasbourg contract, the Corbyn contract with SODO. If you take the Corbyn contract, I think they will take lesser prospects. I really do. But that's or not as maybe just take the one and then a couple of answer. They're not gonna You don't have to back up the truck and take Corbyn with SODO. I don't think that's necessary. But nobody's taking the Strasburg contract.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing that I think people need to come to terms with. The rumor out there was like the Nationals are gonna want the top four prospects, a major league ready player and I don't even know what the other thing was, and you're just not gonna get the package that everybody expects.
Speaker 3: If Corbyn is involved.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of sixty million dollars it's gonna be involved, plus what's gonna have to be spent with what is most likely no guarantee at a big contract.
Speaker 3: There's a very good likelihood of what's.
Speaker 2: Being talked about out here is Soto wants to hit free agency. And see it now, if you build a rapport and you're one of the big teams, you have a better chance. But I don't think a trade is gonna happen and then a contract extension is gonna happen after that. So you have to remember you're buying two years of one Sodo and you're taking on sixty million dollars, so that you know when people look at but that's one.
Speaker 1: So I mean, think of it this way. If you're paying one Sodo, that's what he would make thirty million a year, right, So I said, you're just well, I'm saying, if you take the Patrick Corbyn contract, how much is Sodo's contract. That's what I know right now.
Speaker 3: I only get to fourteen million right now, And okay, you're paying.
Speaker 1: For it, So you have to retrain your brain. So if I've got Sodo and Corbin for two years and I'm paying a combination of forty five million between the two of them a year. You could say, okay, well thirty of it theoretically should be for Sodo, but it's really cold to Patrick Corbin or you can do that, you can make that in your mind.
Speaker 2: You don't have the you don't have the long term deal set. You've taken on thirty to forty million or to whatever it was twenty five to thirty five million dollars on Corbin.
Speaker 3: And when people go out and they look at.
Speaker 2: A team and they go, okay, so what should we get And then they look at the Cardinals and they're like, well, we should get a Jordan Walker Mason when probably Jack Flairty Dylan Carlson, we should get this in that that's not gonna happen when they take on that really large amount of money and when push comes to shove that teams are not going to have that full commitment.
Speaker 3: It'll still be good deals.
Speaker 2: Like I put together on our Twitch live stream that Bugs and I do a couple of days ago. I'd put together some trade offers and I think overwhelmingly they it wasn't received in like a this isn't as sexy like with the Yankees. I didn't give Jason Dimingez, Anthony Volpi and like six other guys. I chose one, and I chose Jason Dominga.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's let's go through them. This is from MLB dot com. This is uh. I don't know if someone actually put their name to this or if this is a collective here, because it just as MLB dot com. And let me scroll to the bottom real quick and give credit if if there is indeed credit to be had potentially. Oh, it's a combination of all their different writers. Okay, so that's what.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those bots.
Speaker 2: You know that you've see those things where it's like you type in three sentences and.
Speaker 1: It well, this looks like something we do with fantasy pros, you know when we do the you know, here's five different people telling you the buy low sell highs.
Speaker 3: It's like path.
Speaker 1: So they pulled all the staff together for this. So this is the Mets version. Here, the Nationals get David Peterson, Francisco Alvarez, Brett Batty, Ronnie Mauricio, Alex Ramirez and just take Juan Soto. I think that if you took Corbin, you could probably keep Mauricio or Brett Batty. If you're the Mets, that's what I think you could still do this framework of the deal. But if you took on Corbyn, I think that you can give up less prospects. And maybe they don't want to do that, maybe that's not the path, but I think it's something they could consider.
Speaker 3: That's what's going to be really hard.
Speaker 2: So with that Mets deal, I had given them two, we have two similars. I had Francisco Alvarez and Alex Ramirez, but instead of Beatty Mauricio, I had Mark Viento's and Mike Vassel. So there's a one picture in there. Mark Viento's was just that the futures game, huge, big power first basement, so arguably a little bit lesser I suppose compared to Batty and Mauricio. So those are the four that I gave.
Speaker 3: So we were kind of close on the Mets trade. Who else we can all right?
Speaker 1: The next one here that they have is the Yankees, which is just taking one so too, giving up Glaber Torres, Nest Cortes, Anthony Volpi, Jason Dimingez. I don't think that I think this.
Speaker 3: Is DIMIs is like a while.
Speaker 2: I'm not even remotely close to there's no chance they're going to give up all that and take up all that money.
Speaker 3: They should, by the way I want to put out, they should. They should pay the moon. Every team should pay the pranks that everybody.
Speaker 1: I think Bryan Cashman over the years, and this is that one's from Jason Catanya. The thing is, I think the Yankees have come to their senses over the years too, and Cashman believes in the farm system and wants to bring up these players and this balance of a couple of big free agents that you're gonna spend for the big stars, but also you know, bring up these these guys. I mean, that's been their special sauce basically for the Yankees for the last fifteen years, and I think that's something they should like. I think that's too much. Personally.
Speaker 3: I think I had too little.
Speaker 2: I had Jason Dimingez, Luis Heile, Luis Medina, Brandon Beck, a big pitching group, and then it was built around Jason Dominguez being like.
Speaker 3: The big back to the right, the next type guy. I do think the Yankees could do.
Speaker 2: One thing I would throw is I think the Yankees could entertain. I feel like they wanted to only trade one of the two big guys. But I do think they could entertain a Volpi and Domingos and like one other piece and it would be a little bit less, but it would be Yankees taking on Corbyn, and then the National Is getting back two big pieces and maybe like one or two other really really lower pieces that people don't even understand.
Speaker 3: I think that's a possibility, all right.
Speaker 1: Next one here actually as Soto and Corbin go into the Dodgers in return for Dustin May, Bobby Miller, who you've mentioned before, Andy Pages, Miguel Vargas, and James Autman. This one I don't like for the Nats, even though they're getting rid of Corbyn, because it's too pitching based. I want more major league, big time position players in a deal for Sodo. That's that's where I stand to me this Dodge, although they're taking some money with Corbin, it's too pitching based for me.
Speaker 3: This deal.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: And that's what my Yankee one was too, So this one I had.
Speaker 2: I also had Dustin May and Bobby Miller, but I threw Gavin Lux in there with Gavin Stone and Pete Hugh Back. Those are a movement needle, though, do you think I mean he's got He's still a super young middle infielder two ninety. I think he does move some of the needle, But I mean Miguel Vargas, Gavin Lux.
Speaker 3: It's probably one of those two.
Speaker 2: I just went with the major league ready guy because they had said they want major league ready stuff.
Speaker 1: This one is a good deal. I just don't know if the Padres have the juice to get it done and then sign Wan. So like, do you want to do this despite your future? Maybe you do if you're the Padres Wan Soto in exchange for CJ. Abrams, Mackenzie Gore, more John Hassel and mirrors now getting c J. Abrams and Mackenzie Gore. That's interesting to me. I think this is a good deal for the Padres, a good deal for the That's the problem is, I don't see the Padres backing up five hundred million dollars for this guy. I don't think that's something they can do, and it would basically signal Tatis we're moving on from Tattis Junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe it's a possibility. So I also had Abrams and gore, And that's the crux of it. I don't think they can get hassle in any of the the type of deals as well that Masie, what about.
Speaker 1: Just a straight up for Tattis junior for two years?
Speaker 3: Ways, you don't do that?
Speaker 2: No, no, Well and then that sure absolutely they would if they could get some type But see here's a problem though, you get tattoos and you're like back in the same situation with does did Tatis just sign a brand new You're not.
Speaker 3: Because I don't believe he did. And I think you're you're back in Yeah, you're back, you are.
Speaker 1: But but because of the injuries, you would think maybe you know, you could throw three hundred and eighty million in him instead and not four hundred I.
Speaker 3: Don't even because that there's no way the padres.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have. He doesn't have nearly the the leverage power that want has. Soto plays every day, has been great, Tatista has had a lot of injuries, you know, I mean, like Tatist might look at that guaranteed when he goes you know what, maybe I want to take this money where so's I could break that Just a different point of view there, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean when Walky's asked the same question I have.
Speaker 2: I'm having a total brain fart of like, I don't remember did he signed it an arbitrational deal?
Speaker 3: I just don't remember. Everyone's saying, oh, he did sign.
Speaker 1: Mike's telling us here he did design that extension.
Speaker 3: I just don't think he does.
Speaker 1: So if you're the Nats, maybe that's exactly what you want. Maybe you want the locked in young superstar that you could take for a very long time because you were going to give that money to Sodo. Take that all, you know. Maybe the Padres have soured on don Tatis. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's possible you.
Speaker 2: Could speculate on I think not. I also added in there I did not have Hassle. I put in a couple of lower guys Yarlin, Susana, Robert Gasser, Egy Rosario, who could play a little bit. Now it's smaller pieces. That to me is the quintessential trade with Corbyn coming back for the Padres giving up Abrams and Gore. I think they would do for two years of soda without a commitment.
Speaker 1: Couple here the Giants getting on Sodo for Logan Webb, Luciano, Kyle Harrison, Luis Matos, Helio Ramos. I mean it's not bad. I don't know if that gets it done. Then the Mariners version had George Kirby, Jared Kellnick, Noeova, Mark Pinto, Ford and Handcock. This is an interesting one.
Speaker 3: And that's just their entire just everything everything they can tang you.
Speaker 1: Know, the Klenick pieces, the teas that I have a hard time like, Marte is interesting. Kirby's talented, obviously, the Kalnick is that one like that is a dice roll. I don't know if you are the Nats, you want to take that dice roll? What do you think about the Mariners and the giants here?
Speaker 2: I just don't think they're the fit that we want them to be. I think there's pieces out there. I've heard on national side that they wouldn't do it without a Logan Gilbert involved. So you take out a Kirby and you put in Logan Gilbert, maybe that changes the crew. Maybe it's really a Gilbert, Kelnick, Noelvie and some other piece. It's just a huge, huge investment that I think he's the least likely to resign there. So are you will, like would they really be able to you know, dump out on the future of Noelvie and potentially Kalnick.
Speaker 3: And what you have in Gilbert now for twelve years.
Speaker 1: Maybe with putting one and Julia Rodriguez together is would be something that would really be something special.
Speaker 3: But you know what, the problem that team can't do. They have to be careful of.
Speaker 2: Whi's different than so many of these other teams is that'd be fun to go get but you still have holes. Like we're talking about the needing to.
Speaker 1: Buy, and they would be moving Kirby, who's somebody they want to build around. So I keep coming back to it and everyone's like, oh, you're a Met homer. I'm like, no, I just think the Mets are in the best position with the prospects, the money to get the deal done. And I think if they take on Corbin, they're gonna have to give up less and I think, honestly, that might be the better deal for the Nats. Get two big prospects, unload the Corbyn contract, and move on. Like I just think, I personally think that's that's where this is gonna go. But we shall see in the in the weeks ahead.
Speaker 2: Pop Padres are the one that I keep going back to I think they can offer. I think they'd be willing to move Abrams and Gore and that might be a best to return that they're gonna find, unless the team like the Yankees jump up.
Speaker 3: But I think the Mets are in the best position financially to.
Speaker 1: If he goes to the Padres, he'll be a free agent in two years. The Padres are not going to have the money for wan Soto. It's going to be a that's that is surely a two year move for them, and they're gonna have to pay more arbitration for him, and they're already paying Mahado and Tatis. It's a lot. It's a lot to take in fun facts, let's switch gears here. In nineteen seventy five, Joe Tory of the New York Mets at the time, grounded into four double plays in one day in a six to two loss of the Astros. Felix me On, poor Felix me On. Their shortstop had four hits, but every time he had a single, he was wiped out by Joe Tory. That's gotta be kind of annoying, right, That's an annoying day. Felix me On four for four four singles and each time he gets doubled up. By the fourth time. If I was Saim, I would be trying to steal second base just to get out of it.
Speaker 3: They should have been by the third one. They should have been doing some hit and runs totally.
Speaker 1: That's fun, and listen, forget the whole Like I see this too, Mike's bringing up. I don't think they'll trade in the division. Forget that indivision stuff anymore. It doesn't matter now because look at the American League East. All those teams right now are the front runners to make the playoffs once you've expanded playoffs divisions, all divisions, meaning this home field advantage in that buy that's it. That's it. It doesn't mean anything else anymore. I'm telling you major league looking at it. All they want to do is can we get in the playoffs? Can we be a good organization because anything can happen when you get in the playoffs. Plus there's more revenue when you get in the playoffs. To me, the whole indivision stuff, the new CBA killed that. Like, I don't think it's a thing quote unquote anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think your logic is I don't agree I think it absolutely is. I think there are bad feelings across the board. They don't want to trade within.
Speaker 3: But your logic is, so if you're.
Speaker 1: You're a Nats fan, you'd rather trade them somewhere and not get as good of a deal and have your organization suck, then have to watch Juan Soto for the next eight years.
Speaker 2: Again, but that's super subjective of what you're saying. You're saying like, well, the Mets are the only one that can offer a good deal.
Speaker 1: That's not true, there's no But I'm saying, if the Mets offer you the best deal, do you want the best deal? If you're a Nets fan, it's going to help your team win, just even though the cost of that is going to be watching Juan Soto play against you. Or do you like, No, I want to be in the playoffs and I want to beat Wan Sodo. I mean, you're looking up at Bryce Harper anyway every every couple of weeks, like that's the thing. It's like, if you're the Nats, you've already been down this road. You let Bryce Harper go and he signed in your division. If you let Wan Sodo go, nobody's gonna offer him more money on the free agent market than Steve con I'm telling you right now, that's gonna happen. You might as well get paid in prospects too.
Speaker 3: I just don't think this is I think this is that situation.
Speaker 2: Unless the Mets were so clearly above everybody else, I one hundred percent think they would look at this and go, listen, we're gonna trade it in division. For the next twelve to fifteen years, we're gonna hear about it if he's a Met and we traded him there and we're gonna have to deal with it, and he's gonna bring down our organization. I mean, maybe they wash it because the you know, the team ownership is gonna change, and what does anybody really care? And it's just a bottom line that could happen. Your logic also makes a lot of sense. I just think if you have three trades that are all close, and they're like, all right, which one do we decide with? I don't think the Mets would be the one simply in division. I think they would move in another spot. But if the Mets had far and beyond the best one, it would be stupid for them to not consider it.
Speaker 3: And then I think they would. But that's just my that's just my opinion on it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, any of the other places except maybe the Yankees, he's gonna go, and he's not gonna sign an extension. I'm telling you right now, he's not gonnaign a section with the Padres. I don't think the Seattle Mariners are going to back up that. I don't think that's gonna happen. He's going to be a free agent anywhere outside of New York. Maybe LA, but dude, LA's already paying Freeman and Mookie bets. And if they let Tray Turner, like, do they want to let Tray Turner walk? Is that really what they want to do? Like the Dodgers could do it, but it is dicey if they do. Just saying is a dicey situation, and they still are left with a lot of pitching question marks. When Clayon Kershall retires this year, all right, let's go to bet MGM, the King of sportsbooks. Bet ten dollars, win two hundred. When you download that bet MGM app and lose use the pro don't lose it, use it, use the promo code leading off.
Speaker 3: Don't use it.
Speaker 1: You lose it, and that's what they say. By the way, the crown looks good in this light too.
Speaker 2: It actually it glistens. I wonder what that type of lighting would do with my bet MGM Tiara, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I think I think we need to find out. I'll have to go to the dollar store get a tr there again, bet MGM the King of sports books. Let's take a look. Here. Here's the things that are remaining on the board. They're interesting. America League Central. You get the Twins at plus one twenty, the White Sox at plus one twenty five, Cleveland at plus four fifty. Let's do these all quickly. Where would you go, if anywhere to put some money in the AL Central? Because I personally still do not believe in the Twins. I would put it on the White Sox or better yet, maybe just maybe Cleveland at four and a half to one. Here is a better wager than we realize.
Speaker 2: Ooh yeah, I mean Cleveland is second in the division right now, two games back on the Twins.
Speaker 3: White Sox are three games back.
Speaker 2: Man, I think I would probably go my gut says White Sox Guardians, way better bet if you are just playing the odds. You're getting four and a half to one on a team that is two out from the division.
Speaker 3: But I'll go White.
Speaker 1: Sox the East of the Mets at minus one ninety five to win the East are the Braves at plus one sixty five. Look, if da Gram is healthy, this has already sailed. I mean, it's sure as er, it's de Cram, It's the Mets, That's what I think. But if you think the other way, you are getting plus money on the Braves even venture into this one.
Speaker 2: All now, this, I mean, this is one I'm not gonna play, especially that the Mets are, you know, one minus one ninety five, and my only other bet is on the Braves.
Speaker 1: I'd pass Milwaukee Brewers minus one sixty to win the NL Central the Cardinals plus one twenty five. I'm still waiting for the Cardinals to make their real move here on the Brewers, and I know they're getting Peralta back. I just that Brewers offense still scares the heck out of me, But I guess they've got enough pitching at this point where I probably just have to let this go. So I'm letting this one go. You're letting the East go. What do you think about the central in the National League?
Speaker 3: If I'm making a bet, it's going to be the Cardinals here, But I kind of agree with you. This is probably a let go.
Speaker 2: Like you're not even getting like that great of odds on the Cardinals to take the division, So this is probably also a pass.
Speaker 1: For me, all right. To win the National League? You have the Dodgers at plus one fifty five, the Mets at plus three twenty, the Braves at plus four thirty. Then you get thirteen to one on the Brewers, fifteen to one of the Cardinals, and fifteen to one of the Padres. Look to me, it's the three to one Mets is the best wager on the board because theoretically, in a short series you have de gramanchers are going multiple times and nobody can compete with that bullpen's been pretty solid with Diaz at the end there. I think they will be aggressive. They will add more offense to this club. I have no doubt about that. In some fashion. I will see who those names are, and if they do pull off a one SOT deal, this number is going to drop. Irockmatically, it might even.
Speaker 3: Go to Pyrocket. I think they could pass. I think they could interchange here. I think you could have.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be plus I would put it at plus one fifteen and the Dodgers at plus one twenty five.
Speaker 2: And I agree with everything you said on here. The best bet is the Mets, especially when you think about short series. If they don't get Soto, I think they're still going to try to be hyper aggressive. They've got a glut of prospects that are just kind of sitting around wide in the Viento's, the Maurice, the Baities, and the Alvarezes. Whether they're using them up or using them as bait. I think that's the that's the good bet to make here. Dodgers still seem like an obvious But three to one on the money for the Mets, I like.
Speaker 3: That all right.
Speaker 1: Next here on the list is the American League, the Yankees at plus one forty, the Astros at two to one, the Blue Jays that not hit me. The jump is huge here. Then you go right to the Blue Jays at nine and a half, the White Sox at plus fifteen, the Mariners at plus fifteen, and the Twins at plus twenty. I still like the Astros here. I think the Astros in a short series because if they move Christian Javier to that bullpen, that is another huge arm they can go multiple innings and is dominant out of the bullpen potentially for them. On top of the starting pitching they have in the depth, on top of the lineup, I think they create runs a little better than the Yankees do. The Yankees are a little more home run reliant than that the Astros can be. So to me, I like the Astros here.
Speaker 3: And the two to one.
Speaker 1: I think, once again, this is where I would put my money. How about you, Welsh the American League.
Speaker 3: It's a good bet.
Speaker 2: I wish you got better odds with the Astros. I wish there was a bigger upreater between the Yankees and Stros, and I probably would jump on it. At the end of the day, I would stick with the Yankees offense, you know, as powerful as can be. In a short series. You get to throw out Garrett Cole, you get to throw out in astra quartest. So I think it's actually pretty competitive against the Astros. And uh, you know, if you want to look at it, mattress mac already has put multiple, multiple million dollar bets that they can put a two million dollar bet on the Astros to win the World Series already, and that track record not so good.
Speaker 3: Kind of like to bet against Mattricks.
Speaker 1: Mattress, Well, he did win it one year plus, it's hard to win the World Series plus four fifty on the Astros right now, So Mattress mac would do pretty well if he did put that million on there. The Dodgers are plus three forty, the Yankees are plus three hundred. I'm off the public teams. I'm off the Yankees, I'm off the Dodgers. I'm on the Mets in the Astros four and a half and seven. And what you do is, if you think that the Mets and Astros are the best two teams potentially to win the World Series, then you should bet them also to win the National or American League outright too, So you're making all that money altogether. This is something it's imperative. If you're betting a team to win the World Series, please please please don't forget bet them to win the National League or American League also respectively, because you're just idiotic. If you think they're gonna win the World Series, they have to get there. And some people will do that and then not bet the other one. And I know it's the odds are less, but it's still money. You might as well be all in on it and go all in at one time. So to me, the Astros at plus four fifty and the Mets at seven to one right now, getting you're not getting great money on the Mets to win the National League's three to one, but to win the World Series at seven to one, that's a pretty good number. And once again, if they make a big time trade, that number drops precipitously very soon.
Speaker 3: And I would I actually like that idea.
Speaker 2: I like stacking a couple bets if I'm gonna jump into this market, if this is something I'm gonna do, and I'm not just thinking about doing my one team, and it's like, all right, I just really love this team. I'm gonna bet, but I want to look to try to make some money doing that. Astros Met stack. It doesn't take enough away from each other. The odds are so great, and you just pair those two together for a World Series win. It's a really good spot right now. Mets in a you know, like we said in a short series, the way to go Astros anything can happen. I'm still picking Yankees, but from an odds perspective, pairing those two pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Only have a couple of games here today. You got a couple of games in the day, but Yankees and Astros one of them, So that's fun in a couple of games in the evening as well. So in terms of like looking at dfs today, again, it's just I don't like these kind of slates. I don't go in for these kind of slates.
Speaker 3: But we will do the whole run call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got the double header here for the Yankees and Astros, which is gonna be fun. You'll get Dimingo Herman back on the mount. Two important start here because if he's not good and the Sevarino injury is troublesome, and then the Yankees might have a little bit more pressure to make a Luis Castillo deal sooner than later. I'm gonna go ahead and take two chances today with Alex Bregman. That's what I'm gonna do. Alex Bregman to go y are today. He's got the double header. If you're doing the home run contest today, you might as well take the double header one, right, because just don't you get all the day's home runs, get all the homer days, right, I thought so, but I don't know they also should we also should get.
Speaker 2: Extra points for picking Astros because they flew Paul Blackburn out to the All Star Game. When I think that deserves extra points. That's that's community service for an A's guy. So I'm going with Kyle Tucker. That's gonna be my bet. I saw doctor Glenn jumped in there. We're gonna go with a couple of astros today.
Speaker 1: Mike Mayor hated the fact that Paul Blackburn got flown first class. You want him to fly in the luggage area.
Speaker 3: Wanted him to drive in a Peak Spectra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking all the way from Oakland to Well, I guess I maybe that far.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, and again once again, all the way from Oakland. I mean, where were they when they finished up? Maybe they weren't in Oakland when they finished I don't know. I don't remember where the A's were last week, But if they weren't home, but he's only trying to go to LA like.
Speaker 2: Well, they must have been playing the Astros and we're not thinking about it, because why else with the Astros did they like go and divert to pick him up.
Speaker 3: They must have been like it must have been to Houston.
Speaker 1: So nice job there, good job. I like that by the classy move by the Astros, the organization on a fi's class. I think at every turn we can agree on that. All right, tomorrow we'll have full slate of dfs, we'll have some stats for you from yesterday's games and a whole lot more. Once again, don't forget to subscribe to Fancy Rose MLB. The by low Sell High video is coming out, so make sure when you do subscribe you click that little belf notifications. It should be sometime later this afternoon. I would imagine that video is gonna come out, And of course you know we'll be back again tomorrow to do it all over again. For the Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, babies again