Speaker 1: Transmitting, Hey, welcome to Friday Show Morning Studio Morning, all right.
Speaker 2: So here is Taylor who is calling us from Alabama. Hey Taylor, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi, good morning or morning studio morning.
Speaker 2: All right, Taylor, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Would you rather see your favorite artists before the height of their career or during the height of their career?
Speaker 2: So like cem early so you can brag I saw Coldplay wanting in a broom closet. There were two people there, me and the janitor. Or when they can play all their hits. I would say probably when they have all their hits, when it's even cliche to like them, because you're going to enjoy that. Actually more well you would enjoy about the early version of it, in my opinion, is just being able to say it because you don't even know really what that's all about. You might know a couple songs, your love is going to grow for them probably forever. Like I would rather see Garth now than Garth in nineteen ninety four because I know all the songs in the concert in the nineteen ninety fur it's probably plany some b sides that are current and I'm like, ah, I don't know, dude, write a song about a river or something, you know. So I'm gonna go post height, I'm gonna go on the down more than on the new up. Amy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that I'm with the like after they've established a lot. Because last summer, when I went to see George Straight like in the huge gives at the Football Stadium, and there were so many people and the energy because everybody there is just obsessed with like every song, it was so fun to have that and that many people.
Speaker 2: And also we're lame when it comes to show. It's like we just want to hear songs we know, Like, I'm not cool to go. I can't wait to hear something I've never heard of before to see if I like it live now I need to hear it like ten thousand times to see if I like it. And then I only want to hear songs that I know at a concert. There's only like three artists that I would even care to hear them play something I've never heard before, because that's like I need to be super passionate about that artist to hear something new, like who new it? It just oh no, shut. That's why Garthur doesn't do it. John Mayer Casey Musgraves, Counting Crows, Oh yeah, and probably in Ben Rector, but he's also like one of my really good friends, so that's a weird one. I'm gonna play something new Idio No, so probably those four artists, but I'm just not cool enough to go to a show and like music I've not heard before.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, it has to be at the height of their career because they're obviously bigger than they have more songs. It's gonna be more entertaining, and it's gonna be a bigger venue, so it's gonna be more like fire and more over the top.
Speaker 2: George Strait isn't He's just said there with the guitar. But luck even has a microphone.
Speaker 3: It's still nice.
Speaker 2: Like he just go out and you just guess what he's singing. Eddie. There's nothing cooler.
Speaker 5: I know then seen an artist before they blow up, Like like I had a cousin they speak of George of Garth Brooks had a cousin that was like I was huge into Garth Brooks and I was like, oh, I'm such a big fan. This was like during like Rope in the Wind and she goes, you know, I saw Garth back in like ninety and there was no one there, and he stood. He stayed after the show, met everyone, hung out with everyone, gave everyone autographs, and she had his autograph and everything.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about. So you'd rather be cool and have a story. Yeah, tell the story. You're also cool enough to like new music from people that you've never heard before, Dude.
Speaker 5: I tell my story of I saw Taylor Swip before she was big, like all the time, all the time.
Speaker 2: But you've also seen her mid people like I just went to the aras to her. Oh that's cool, man. I saw Taylor when she was fifteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you got lucky.
Speaker 2: You've seen that. I saw this girl when she was fifteen. No, she started playing music when she was fifteen.
Speaker 3: I saw her all alone, Yeah, when she was fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, So three of us would rather see him at the height. One of us would like to see them at least they can tell the story. Taylor, What about you? Who's the artist told you that you you think about when you think of the scenario.
Speaker 7: So I saw Luke Combs in twenty sixteen and Tuscalows before he was huge, but I didn't know any of his so but I can say I saw him.
Speaker 2: So did you enjoy the show or do you enjoy it more now that he's gotten famous, And you're like, I really enjoyed it, but at the time you're like, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I would enjoy it more as his at his height, because I know all of his songs now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's what I think about. I think it's a good question. And Eddie's the cool guy music. There's nothing better than that. I love it. Yeah, he only had flat strings on his guitar.
Speaker 3: And it's just one of those sayings though, when like there actually is something better than that, you know, like, you know, I just thought of that, but we have our little annoying thing.
Speaker 2: Oh like you can't write it any better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just think that one annoys me though, because I don't feel like that's meant literal. No, there is. There are a lot of great things, but I also don't think one hundred and literally when I hate that face to say that one. All right, let's go, we're here, glad you guys are here. Let's get started. This is a new song from Hardy. It's a world premiere. This is called six Feet Under Calli's song callis his wife, Big Hardy fanc here once once so Hardy play wants at a sit go stop, nobody's playing, and it's just him at the gas pump. See how cool the story is? That great story? Actually, I just saw a pump a gas What an you plan? Let's open up the mail bag and you friends the gaen mail and I'm to get all the air to get something we call Bobby's mail bag yet Hello Bobby Bones. I just graduated from college with a degree in material sciences. I always saw myself getting a job in a field like this and going even deeper on my understanding of materials, either working as a manufacturer or an a laboratory. I've applied for over a dozen jobs.
Speaker 6: No luck.
Speaker 2: My sister works in finance and has a job for me that pays really well. It comes with great benefits. Should I take the job, I can get over the job I want to hold out for well. Taking another job now hurt my chances of getting a job in my field. Later, signed career hunter, It's not gonna hurt your chances. But I think the enemy of drive and desire is being comfortable. And as long as you know, you're gonna do this job. You might love it, though you might do the job of love and want to stay in it. So don't totally say you're gonna hate the job. But if you go to this job and let's see, you get a promotion, you're gonna make it a pretty good living. You're gonna go take less money to do the job you really want. That's a decision you have to make, and that's gonna be a difficult decision. So you can hold out if you can. Some people can't hold out. You got to take a job. You got to pay the bills. If you really want to do this job that you went to school for, I would encourage you to be conscious of the fact that if you get comfortable making the money you're making in this job, it's gonna be very difficult for you to go back and do something that is more fulfilling because of the money situation you've gotten yourself in. It's a good situation, but it's hard to take a step back, even financially, if you've already become comfortable and you're living a lifestyle that is difficult to change. But I would set a date and go if I don't get this kind of job, by this date, I'm gonna take a different job.
Speaker 3: And then do you have to be transparent with whoever's hiring you, like, hey, you what? Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just feel like, well, you can't screw them over them leave a month after, right, But you can't tell them before you take a job. But you can't have it's a really good job, but you don't tell them, Hey, I might not I know, I know, because I might never leave the job.
Speaker 3: I know, but they're then they're hiring you and investing in you, and then all them wow, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, well a wise man once said that showbiz baby. Okay, So just know that if you need to take the job because of money, I get it. But if you're good at it, you're gonna move up and you're gonna make more money. And it's gonna be really hard to go back to what you want to do because you're gonna allow comfort to come in and you have to do so difficult decision. What I would do is I would put, Okay, I want a job in my field by this date. Let's say it's December thirty, first of this year. If I don't get it, I'm gonna commit taking a job over here and then go that way. The worst thing to do is be non committal about everything, because you learn nothing and you get nothing if you're non committal about everything. So set dates and boundaries and rules and follow them. And if you get this job and you like it a whole lot, you need to stay in it forever or not.
Speaker 3: It maybe be miserable, but hey.
Speaker 2: No that's the problem. Take care. It's got to that bag, all right, close it up. That's now that we got your game mail and laid on you.
Speaker 8: Now it's found the clothes Bobby fail bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's now time for fun fact Friday Fun. Then I'm gonna start and end. So there was a wrestler named Macho Man Randy Savage. Oh yeah, do you know that is Amy? Yes. So he played minor league baseball for years before moving on to wrestling. So he's a great athlete. But the crazy part as he broke one arm and learned to throw out the other arm and played minor league baseball.
Speaker 6: All the right.
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 5: That dude's amazing, which is oh slappingdos.
Speaker 2: Amy you.
Speaker 3: Roller coasters were invented to distract Americans from sin.
Speaker 2: It was in the AI was in the.
Speaker 3: Late eighteen hun and this businessman, his name was LaMarcus Thompson. He hated that Americans were tempted by saloons and brothels and all that, so he wanted to create some good, clean fun over on Coney Island and that's where he put the first roller coaster. Was something for people to go do that wasn't quote unquote bad.
Speaker 2: And that's when the Carney started selling our money. So that happened too. This isn't shocking people say their childhood years were their best years, regardless how old they are. It's called the reminiscence bump. We always romanticize our childhood. It's like music too. The music that we love the most is usually in those formidable years like twelve or thirteen to like twenty two. That's usually like the best music it was made then. Lunchbox.
Speaker 4: In the United States, there is a marriage every sixteen seconds, so that's about thirty eight thousand weddings per week and a little over two million weddings per year.
Speaker 6: That's wild.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that? He never There was no poop, there was no pre right. It was about love.
Speaker 4: There was what hey, oh, next week, I'll bring you the bad news.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, now we're doing good news. Bad news is his So this is this new thing he does one, he does good, then he goes.
Speaker 5: But next week and during his segment, three people around three book got married.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's crazy, But the bad news next week, Eddie. Look, this is nice of Mexico.
Speaker 5: Mexican prisoners do not get punished if they try to escape, but only if it's a non violent escape. If they kill someone or hurt someone on the way out, yes, it's a crime.
Speaker 2: So it's almost like a free shot to try.
Speaker 5: Correct because they say that it's human nature to want to be free.
Speaker 2: So that's okay, give it a shot.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that? But do they come and chase you if you make it? Oh yeah, they're gonna try to get you.
Speaker 5: But it's not an added crime like here you escape, it's like, all right, well you did have twenty years.
Speaker 9: Now since you try to escape, you have fifty. It's crazy and I don't know if it still happens. But to hear about like the gang or the drug lords that would be put in prison, but they had all these underground tunnels go to and from.
Speaker 5: Chopo got out, was the tim Yeah, and they had parties like whatever they want, they want booze, whatever they smuggle.
Speaker 2: And like sker in there.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess if they smoke.
Speaker 2: You can't play poker in American prison. They made their own prison here. That was yes, Oh, Pablo at his own house and he had like real soccer players come in. They have games and everything watching so wild. There are seven countries in Europe that are smaller than Rhode Island, our small estate. Seven countries Vatican City, Monaco, San Marino like it, Sign, Malta, Indoorra, and Luxembourg hes that like you know, never heard of them, but country smaller than our small estate.
Speaker 5: I didn't know Monico was a country. I've only heard of that of the F one I never heard of liketon Stein. Yeah, Monico, I guess you're right the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, Morgan.
Speaker 3: A lightning bolt is five times hotter than the sun, so the charge carried by a bolt of lightning is fifty four thousand degrees fahrenheit.
Speaker 2: Do you see the clip of Metallica playing a song and the lighting bul hit behind him and they were playing the song with their Uh, the guy that died in the band is like the song that he was like road that was weird. So he came back as a lightning bult. Oh no, I just saw it. I was like slipped out. That's awesome. Yeah. Victoria's Secret was based out of columb Columbus, Ohio in the eighties, but they used to fake London address to look more luxurious. That's funny. They're from the Midwest. Chilling in Ohio.
Speaker 3: Also was created by a dude yeah, named Victor.
Speaker 6: Is that creepy?
Speaker 2: It wasn't Victor.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I made that out. Okay, that would make sense than I would believe that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, his name was Victory Secrets in Ohio.
Speaker 2: And you just google Victoria's Secret. A bunch of underwear popped up. I'm trying to Raymond was his name? Like you can get off the pictures in well, I don't know how you hit the exit of the tame one.
Speaker 6: I almost worked there, and that's all I know.
Speaker 2: That's not true. It is did you apply?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I worked at Sam's Club sixty four sixteen in San Antonio and I was always working there in this lady that worked a Victoria's Secrets like listen, if you ever need a job, you need to come work for me a Victoria's Secret because you are phenomenal like.
Speaker 6: She wanted me to.
Speaker 4: She tried to recruit me a Victoria's Secret, but I was making too much money at Sam's Club.
Speaker 2: Did you almost say yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was like, man, that'd be awesome. But she told me I'd be in the back. I wouldn't see customers. And I was like, oh, well that's not fun.
Speaker 2: Did you almost work there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, that's almost working it.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't let them see customers. If that makes sense. All right, it's time for the good news. Ezra is five years old.
Speaker 5: She's from New York and she was recently diagnosed with liver disease, and so she was put on a transplant list and you just sit there and wait. But she gonna have to wait long because her preschool teacher said, you know what, I'm going to step up and I'm going to donate a liver. So she went, she got tested and is now approved to do the transplant.
Speaker 2: They're hoping to do it this summer.
Speaker 5: But how they told Ezra was they went to her house, brought balloons, stuffed animals, and everything, and they had signs and said, Ezra.
Speaker 2: Will you take my liver? Yeah, as a liverposal, And Ezra said, yes, that's very selfless to that teacher.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I bet she had to be a good kid in the class here, right, Oh for sure, like somebody yeah, like somebody bad of a the teacher that I didn't jump up. But that's a great story. Saved a life, That is what it's all about. That was telling me something good. It's the easiest game ever. It's called easy Trivia. The category is me Amy. What's the name of the interview podcast that I host, Bobby Cast? Correct Lunchbox. What's the name of my hometown.
Speaker 6: Mountain Pine, Arkansas?
Speaker 2: Correct? Eddie? What ABC Drama? Did I do a multi episode stint appearing as myself?
Speaker 5: ABC Drama? Appearing as yourself? Is it Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 2: No, but you're not eliminated? Was Nashville? I forgot about that one. Yeah, it is a while ago. Morgan. I was a mentor for four seasons on what reality competition show American Idol? Correct? Nobody goes home in the first round. Well, you just heard there almost never happens. Get that out of your system. You me and who me? Yeah? Do you were in Nashville? Yeah? Like long time, four or five episodes?
Speaker 3: You could recently talked about it because of the movie role.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. The category is America. Amy's wearing the tir because she is the champion.
Speaker 6: Amy.
Speaker 2: What's the capital of the US?
Speaker 3: Washington d c?
Speaker 2: Correct Lunchbocks. How many states are there?
Speaker 6: Fitty?
Speaker 2: Correct? Eddie? What's the national bird the bald Eagle? Correct?
Speaker 6: Morgan?
Speaker 2: What's the national anthem called the Star Spangled manner? Correct? The category is nineties country? Amy? Which country artists sang Achy Breaky Heart in nineteen ninety two?
Speaker 3: Billy ray Cyrus.
Speaker 2: Correct Lunchbox, who sang any Man of Mine in nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 4: Any man of Mine better walk that line?
Speaker 2: Correct? Eddie? Who sang Strawberry Wine in nineteen ninety six? Dina Carter correct Morgan. Which nineties country hit featured the lyrics? I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance the dance correct question easy trivia TV characters, It's slightly harder. Amy, what character in Friends famously says? Are you doing? Joey? Correct? Lunchbox. What character in the Simpsons, says Homer Simpson. Correct or Eddie. Who is the father figure and the head of the Tanner family in Full House Danny? Correct? Morgan in the office, who is the regional manager of dunder Mifflin's Scranton branch. Shoot, what's his name on the show? Is it?
Speaker 4: She was his name?
Speaker 3: It's it's Ma Got No, no.
Speaker 4: All that No, don't do the I need an answer, Yeah, yeah, Steve Carell.
Speaker 2: It's Michael Scott. Oh was there? Oh?
Speaker 7: That hurts.
Speaker 6: You had both of them? You said, Michael and Scott.
Speaker 2: You have been eliminated. Thank you, Morgan, come again. Next up the category is candy easy trivia. Amy. What candy is known for their slogan taste the rainbow Skittles? Correct? Lunchbox? What candy melts in your mouth, not in your hands? Correct? Eddie? Which one word? Famous Candy is a licorice type candy that comes in a chewy rope like treat whizz Correct. Three remain in the category is Pixar Movies. Amy. Carl Frederickson is the name of the elderly widower in what Pixar movie? Correct? That's quick? What twenty fifteen Pixar movie Lunchbox is about the five emotions that live inside a girl named Riley's mind. Huh What twenty fifteen Pixar movie is about the five emotions that live inside a girl named Riley's mind?
Speaker 6: Riley?
Speaker 2: Is it called Riley?
Speaker 6: He's in the mind, He's thinking?
Speaker 2: Is he drunk?
Speaker 6: I can't tell five emotions. I've never heard of it. We'll go with the name of Mowana.
Speaker 2: Inside Out You've been great, Let's go. That's real good Eddie. You've Got a Friend in Me is a song by Randy Newman and what Pixar movie toy story? Correct? Two remains the category, and easy trivia is two thousands pop music? Amy, what artist released the song haula Back Girl in two thousand and five? Correct?
Speaker 8: Eddie?
Speaker 2: What band had a hit with I Got a Feeling in two thousand and nine? Black Eyed Piece? Correct? Amy? Who sang skater Boy in two thousand and two? Correct Eddie? What song by Andre three thousand features the lyric shake It, Shake It, Shake it like a polaroid picture? Hey? Correct? Good job? Bodies of Water, It's a little harder. What ocean is on the East coast of the United States?
Speaker 3: Amy, The East is the Atlantic.
Speaker 2: Correct, Eddie. Which ocean borders the west? The west is the Pacific? Correct? Amy. The Great Salt Lake is in the northern part of what state?
Speaker 3: There's a few states in my mind, Michigan, but it's the great Yeah, the Great Lakes.
Speaker 2: The Great Salt Lake, the Great Salt Lake. I was like, yeah, ready for the wind goes down, let's go. Dang it, you get this, you win. You missed the sudden death. Come on. Which river flows through the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 5: What is the river that goes to the Grand Canyon?
Speaker 2: Which river flows through the Grand Canyon? Michigan. There a Michigan river. What the.
Speaker 5: No, no, no Colorada river?
Speaker 2: Correct? The Great the Great Salt Lake. Yeah, that's what it's called. Okay, five episodes of National four or five or something that one word. I also did like more than that, playing different people too. You were other people in the first season. It was like a reporter. I do remember that. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I just had like a line, Yeah, where are the Great Lakes, by the way, that's up there.
Speaker 2: In Michigan and out there. Yeah. Yeah, but the Great Salt Lake is not one of the Great Lays. Now, yeah, fige for it. Edie's got three points, Amy one more than one Lunchbalk zero edit you in. Here's a voicemail we got last night. Like the new podcast style.
Speaker 5: I listened to it every day I drive home from work and then I hang out in the garage, have a couple of beers and finish it up.
Speaker 2: Definitely appreciate the way that you're.
Speaker 6: Doing and now I think it just flows a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Anyways, thanks man, appreciate that we're trying. We're trying different stuff. Check out the Bobby Bone Show podcast. You can hear the whole show plus more. Just go search wherever you podcasts The Bobby Bone Show. All right, here's Lisa and Murphysboro, Tennessee.
Speaker 7: My twenty one year old daughter is actually away at college for the summer. She decided to go ahead and come home this weekend. She told me that she met this guy online, Big Red Flag says that he lives around town here and goes to school here, but he has friends.
Speaker 2: At her college.
Speaker 7: Really concerned mom, And my first thought was when she told me this, was that I was never going to go ahead and see again, So any thought comes would be great to go ahead and try and broach the subject. When she comes home this weekend, and what not to and what to go ahead and do when somebody in social media so is that they know people that she don't.
Speaker 2: I don't hear anything weird about this. I may have heard this wrong. I understand being a mom and being over protective and maybe you know things that you're not saying. But just because she met someone online that is not weird, that's actually common.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't call it a big red flag.
Speaker 2: I would call it no flag. I would if they're not meeting people online, I'd be like, hey, get online, why are you just meeting people at the dog part?
Speaker 3: But mother's intuition, I would say, listen to it and make sure you just stay involved, engaged asking your daughter questions.
Speaker 2: She sounds angry, and she gave me no reason to feel like she should be angry. That is extremely normal to meet everybody online, just about unless you're in the same place like at school or something. And then secondly, I think you'll see her again. I don't think he's gonna abduct her just because he met her online. That's what she's thinking. I know. So those are my thoughts and comments. And if people on social media say they know they're friends. I believe them because I could just ask my friends if they know them. It's that easy. It even follows who yeah, Lisa, unless there's something we don't know, I would just relax about eighteen percent. Keep one eye open because you're not gonna feel good about it if you don't. But I would relax a bit because nothing you told us seems off cool.
Speaker 6: Oh, your Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 3: So if you're traveling on a plane this weekend, listen up or you got an upcoming trip this summer, because a study found that falling asleep on a plane after a few drinks could kill you. It's the combination of booze, sleep and pressurized air, and it's putting considerable strain on the heart. And it's not just older people with heart conditions that are at risk here. They said that young, healthy hearts are impacted by this.
Speaker 2: I've seen Lunchbox, Eddie ray all get really drunk, fall asleep on a plane, and they are as healthy as a horse.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't die. You guys ever died on a plane? No, Naya. I believe that study that I've seen with you guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The study even says the airlines might want to rethink serving alcohol on planes.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, cool could save lives. No. Also, it keeps people from being duct taped seats.
Speaker 5: Well, sure there are people like that, but for the rest of us, Man, it's good to have a couple of drinks on a fleg.
Speaker 2: Why. It just relaxes you. You just want to drink, and it's one of the places accepted. Like, you have a designated driver, so it's per pilot. That's the different story. Okay, you sober up quick when you land because of the pressure. No, oh, you don't.
Speaker 3: They did say that it may affect people in first class more than in coach because when your seat is really small and crammed, it's harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Speaker 2: So that's good news.
Speaker 6: Good for you.
Speaker 3: Speaking of sleep, I saw just the headline that seapop machines Bobby are saving relationships as.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my face in the middle of the night. It's not loud. The seapap machines, I think goes on your face. And I started like three months ago, four months ago, and I always thought that machine made a big loud noise. It doesn't. It's as quiet as could be. However, it's blowing air into your nose. So if it falls off your face like it does meet every single night my wife does hear a noise, I'll be going into the air. So I can't. I can't say it's been great for a relationship.
Speaker 3: Well, they say, study show it's been linked with higher relationship satisfaction.
Speaker 2: Show these guys want to get drunk on a plane.
Speaker 3: So if you haven't wanted to go get tested for sleep apnea, do it. It could save your relationship. So researchers in Canada are training AI to identify different foods using cameras so it can track everything you eat and then shame you for poor eating choices.
Speaker 2: Nice, what this is terrible? Your wives can do that though too. Guys they do that, don't eat that? Like how many bowl cereal you have today? I'm like, you want to honest answer or do you want to really honest answer? How many? I don't know?
Speaker 6: Seven?
Speaker 2: How many? For real? At nine? Okay? My wife is my AI food.
Speaker 3: Monitor nagging AI. I don't feel like that's a healthy use of that. And congratulations to eight As Dave Haywood, he is welcoming his third child. It's gonna be a baby boy next month. The babies due in July.
Speaker 2: He wasn't even shilling when I saw him. No real skinny.
Speaker 3: Yes, his wife, Kelly, she's the one carrying the baby. And he put in his caption when he made the announcement. Always been a big fan of trios.
Speaker 2: I get it. YEA three to zero said, yeah, it's a trio.
Speaker 6: Oh I thought, she said three to zero.
Speaker 3: OK, maybe that's my pile.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news. How much box?
Speaker 4: Growing up, Blake always heard about his grandpa's nineteen fifty four International Harvester. It's a truck his grandpa loved, but by the time Blake was old enough, it was broken down, just sat there, didn't run. Grandpa still talks about the truck, the memories, and Blake's like, you know what, I'm gonna get that thing running. So over years he would collect parts, search the internet, fine ways to do it, and he got the harvester running.
Speaker 6: Came rolling around the corner to surprise his grandpa.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. I'm like, International Harvest exactly what I thought. Yeah, Craig Morgan, that's a song. Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 6: He's not written under this one exactly.
Speaker 2: But no, it's a brand. Oh did you think it was the name of the truck. You think it was one from a lot of countries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so okay, well it's a brand. But yeah, but how about Blake doing surprising his grandpa seventy year old truck?
Speaker 2: I remember Craig Morgan. You know he got back in the reserves. Oh no, really really I oh no, he did on purpose, but they swore him back in that Yeah. Wow, didn't you already like go for the war and surface hard. Yeah, did a lot, and but he got back in on purpose and now he tours with the reserves and purpose. Yeah that drafted. Yeah, like he got young. I didn't know that age you can get back inst there was a limit the guys he's going to fight ward and he wasn't drafted. He got back in the reserves and he goes around now works with the music and also recruits for people to be in the reserves. Okay, so they don't need him, he won't get called up.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's probably more of a BA than a lot.
Speaker 6: I didn't say you what I did.
Speaker 2: It would go hard for all, right, lunchbox. Great story, that's what's all about. That was telling me something good. So this thrifter, I don't know thrift is the word, because they bought this painting that was a thousand bucks. I never met a thrifter that that thousand bucks. Who but somebody who was buying art thought I'm gonna buy this one thousand dollars painting and it was listed as a fake Degas. I guess Degas is somebody famous, like a I know like four artists, no clue, I know like Picasso, money Mayonnai. Okay, I know three artists. Man there you go, four two different people. Monae and Mane were two different people. Really, So they listed this fake Dega a thousand bucks bought it. Turns out it wasn't fake at all. It was thirteen million dollars value.
Speaker 3: It's a good investment.
Speaker 2: See I would even say not an investment at all, because you're buying it not thinking you're gonna get any money out of it. You're thinking maybe I can fool my friends, or it's just really cool, just a cool looking painting. But yeah, an unnamed shopper found they didn't even look at it and go, oh, I'm for sure, this is a real one.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: They were just like, it's a good fake. And so they bought it for a thousand bucks and they took it to an art expert because people kept saying, I don't know if this is fake. And turns out it's valued at about thirteen million dollars.
Speaker 6: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: They studied pigments, they studied with X rays, photographs, those techniques that jewelers used to when they when they use the thing to zoom in on their eye. Yeah, they put it on their eye and look at the different Yeah, to see that it wasn't a fake. You sell that and just become a millionaire. Oh yeah, immediately. I can't give it a fast enough. I'm a Facebook marketplace. I'm loading it where I can load it immediately it is up. But yeah, congratulations to that person that is from our Now time for the Morning Corny. The Morning Corny.
Speaker 3: What do you call an army of babies? What infantry?
Speaker 2: That was? The Morning Corny? Name a movie that from your childhood. You want to make sure that the next generation sees and they're probably can roll the rides like, oh it's old, but it's so important. It needs to be put in the Old Movie Museum, Amy Gooni's why great.
Speaker 3: Well, I watched it with my kids sort of recently. It's in the last year or so, and they really enjoyed it, and I thought, I don't know if they would, and me watching it back now, I'm like, this was such a good movie for my childhood, and yeah, I think it held up and my kids are really judgmental when it comes to movies, and I just feel like it showed like an adventure and I loved that.
Speaker 2: Eddie Star War. I'm not even watching Star No Star Wars. Okay, we won't hate. Sorry, everybody turned your hating hats around, hating hats around, We're letting Eddie talk. Go ahead. You want to know why.
Speaker 5: Why Because they will continue to make Star Wars forever and ever and ever, and if they watch those originals like they will fall in love with it. And then they get to get their kids to watch Star Wars and their kids to watch Star Wars. It's a generational movie. It's a mussy for my kids. There are a lot of Star Wars fans, I'm sure listening. And I don't hate Star Wars. My only thing was I watched it and didn't love it. And then I was treated like garbage by you. Well because you called me an idiot.
Speaker 2: You didn't give it a chance. The special effects, well that was nineteen seven. You said it didn't hold up. I asked Amy if Gooney's held up. She said yes, oh, yes, So my kids try to watch Star Wars too. You know, weren't really Yeah, we didn't. Okay, So so far Eddie's is in the Hall of Fame. Amy's in the museum Hall of Fame. Lunchbox we only get one. I am one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I'm between two, Well.
Speaker 2: Give me one.
Speaker 6: I no, no, but one is one.
Speaker 2: You mentioned lunch bikes. Giving one or you get kicked out of the Hall of Fame. Remember it's just about to be revoked.
Speaker 4: The sand Lot, it's great first Sandlot. It is absolutely everything that childhood is about. It's you have your friends that you are so tight with. It's the best time in your lives. You can run a monk, do whatever you want, and you always have each other's back.
Speaker 2: Areat movie. I like running not a monk. I love running a monk. And then when people say, like you're killing me smalls, you know, were the references? Yes, good. Mine is Bill and Ted's excellent Adventure. That's a great one because it also teaches history. Yep, there are things that I learned in that movie that I went and looked more into because I watched Bill and Ted's. The whole movie is they got to do a science project, like a street history exam, but on a stage and present it. And they're like, what do we do? And when I'm gonna go to like juvenile detentions military school and yes, and now they got it. And they meet George Carlin and a time machine and boom booth. Yes, And so they go and they're meeting so Crates, soccerrates, they're made a beat Oven, Beethoven Joan of Our and but all these people get introduced and you slowly learn a gang get on. That inspired me to like learn more about these people. Billy the kid, Billy the kid he was on Lincoln.
Speaker 4: Do you actually learn I've seen the movie, and I guess I just don't remember like learning actual facts about these people.
Speaker 6: But do you actually learn something about Yes?
Speaker 3: I think if you went back and watched it now knowing that that's what's happening, you'd totally pick up on it all.
Speaker 2: My favorite is when Abe Lincoln's doing a four score and seven minutes ago. I loved it. I think kid should be forced to watch that. Now, let's go to movie Mike, who is the expert movie Mike's movie podcast. What is what are you putting in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 8: I'm going with Jurassic Park because they had the new ones. They came out with Chris Pratt and kids are gonna think, oh, that's the original Jurassic Park. No, you got to go watch the og original one from back in the day. That's the best one of all good.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like Jurassic Park back in the day, and that's when I was like, dang, they had this thing called DNA or what like, you know whatever they use to make the dinast the Mesquite that was so cool that they could do that was a movie though. Yeah, but they don't do that. No, but you were telling me that they were already doing it, and that's where the movie idea came from. You're out of your mind. I'm watching this movie right now on Apple TV. I have two episodes left. It's called Dark Matter. It's new and it's all about uh splitting off and going into basically different timelines. For sure, it's happening, okay, and superposition and Schrodinger's cat And when you're when both options are available, you don't know which one, so you have to assume both, which is how Oh this stuff's happening.
Speaker 3: Is it happening to you?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I think you wouldn't know. The other version of me is still in Mountain Pine. But you know what, he's at the mill. He's got his five kids and they're doing all right. That'd be crazy, five kids, he's doing it. Yeah, I didn't know when to stop. So that's what I was. Morgan put a movie in the Hall of Fame. Oh it's it's I'm gonna get made fun for this Harry Potter. I think that's a great one.
Speaker 8: It's so good.
Speaker 2: It's such a classic. It's inspired a whole.
Speaker 3: Theme park on it.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it, but I think it's a great one held up over time. There's books. Kids love it, well, there are books first in their movie. Oh yeah, you know you give She's like, there's the accompanying books. Yes, right, anything you want to add misdoubt fire. So it's so underrated and great. It's got divorced and it's got love, it's got next level thinking, it's got warm and fuzzies. Really good movie. Underrated, one of the best movies ever. Like comedies, and because it fits in that family vein. People don't go, what's one of the best comedies ever, because you kind of are lame if you pick like a wholesome but misdoubtfire is.
Speaker 6: Awesome that it is a really good movie.
Speaker 3: I almost went with Father of the Bride.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't want much.
Speaker 6: You're doing what you do.
Speaker 2: Amy's movie has been revoked. She broke the you have to rea and we have to accept it.
Speaker 3: Never mind, I thought we were just talking. Now you've brought up dark matter.
Speaker 2: But not in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm not either, lu decider in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Now you are re vote talking.
Speaker 3: This is casual, This is conversation.
Speaker 2: So if there were a Junior Varsity Hall of Fame, you'd put in Father the Bride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're doing now, I'm just trying to Yeah, yeah, yeah, Davie, we were gonna do JV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 6: I had et.
Speaker 2: Forrest Gump, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's funny?
Speaker 2: See see when you give an inch if I give you an inch, because I will give you all the inches you have tax ten miles. Did you have an honorable and I did Boys in the Hood, But that may be for kids.
Speaker 3: Thought about three woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not for the kids. That's a different that's a different one. Stevenson have a PS five PS four.
Speaker 3: He has a PS four, which I believe you gave.
Speaker 2: Him at some point a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever it was done. Obviously before the PS five slims came out or something.
Speaker 2: I didn't even have a slim I don't think, do I. I don't think so. It looks like he wants.
Speaker 3: I think they're just smaller and maybe less.
Speaker 2: That's why I should get Oh you think it's less. My idea about the PS five slims? Do I have one? Do I need one?
Speaker 8: It's smaller? Well, probably more storage.
Speaker 2: PS five slim Yeah. All I know is that he has maybe less storage because it's cheaper.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure the details about it.
Speaker 2: We're breaking down the PS five you hold on.
Speaker 3: Well, I just I feel like the PS four plays perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the same. It's definitely not the same.
Speaker 3: Well, that is what I am learning now because he has a PS five at his dad's house, and.
Speaker 2: That is that his dad's or can he is that it's dad got five and mom's still holding on a PS four.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't know it played like, so I guess when he plays there it is different. And then if he had the same systems at both houses, I guess you can stuff is connected and then that way he won't be on totally different.
Speaker 2: It's a cloud so he can log in with his name and cloud up.
Speaker 3: But in my mind, again, the PS four works perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: That's like saying the old Volkswagen Beetle works fine, So you don't need your dad, you get a Lamborghini. But here the Volkswagen the Beetle dress fine. Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's different.
Speaker 3: Well, so he's been petitioning for PS five slim and just talking about different things that he can do to pay it off. This is one of those things where he'd like it in advance and then he'd like to pay towards like the what is like all summer contributing towards it?
Speaker 2: Got it? Wait, how do you feel about it? Do you want to buy him one?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm open to it I'm entertaining the idea. Like I heard him out. He presented a case, and I get it. I understand his thinking, So I'm I'm fine with it. I guess I just I don't know much about video games, so it is helpful to talk it out with y'all. And you explained to me that, yeah, it is a.
Speaker 2: Valid It was tragically offended that you thought he weren't the same.
Speaker 3: Well, also, I'm the PS four was a gift from you, Like, that's a thought we don't just like, I don't throw it. And then what do we do with the PS four?
Speaker 2: Donate it?
Speaker 3: Okay, I can get behind that.
Speaker 2: Could you can put him work over here? I can buy a PS five, make it work it off?
Speaker 3: Okay, what kind of work?
Speaker 2: Oh no, you can't care about that.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna drop him off here and y'all are probably just gonna like play video games.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, yeah, she is his mom and she should know what kind of work. She'd like that like a breaking Yeah, I'd be like, really, I don't even need any work done, but I would just have him do some yards.
Speaker 3: But that would be good. Honestly, I feel like it would be better for him to work it off with somebody else instead of like because we it's this is stuff he's gonna have to do in addition to chores he already is expected to do.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to hop in in and post. However, if I would, I could buy it and then have him work it off here because we did stuff with s Shia where she came and had her break down picture frames and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you paid her like you paid her cash.
Speaker 2: My son too, he blew leaves.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that's right.
Speaker 2: So bunch box to your kids need work?
Speaker 3: Does he need a W nine or ten ninety nine? What is a contract child labor?
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, it is a legal child labory Okay, but I answer your question, you buy him? What if you want it is? They are far different. And if he's playing at his dad's and he's like playing a game where he needs to keep track of what he's done, which is important, Like if I'm playing at Madden and I can keep up with my season. I went to my moms and all of a sudden, I'm back playing Techmobil. That suck. That would suck, right, I'd say suck balls stopped that suck.
Speaker 3: So what do we want to do Well, you need to.
Speaker 2: Figure out you want to if you want to get him on. And if you're like I think it'd be better for him to go work somewhere else and like a real job. I'm happy to have him. I can find stuff for him to do, but and I'll buy it for him, or you can be the mom. I'm just saying that's an option.
Speaker 3: Well that is me being the mom. Hey, I found a deal for you. It's great. I found you like a job where you can like actually work it off and he can experience what it's like to go somewhere. I mean, if you want to do that, I'm down with that.
Speaker 2: You to drop him off and stuff, And do you wan to give it to him up front or do you mean to give it to him at the end. How much is this thing? Looks like it's four thirty nine Mike? What do you see?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like four fifty five hundred, depending on what version you want. There's one with the disc and there's one without the disc.
Speaker 5: So if he has to do it the right way where he works first and then gets it later, how much do you how long.
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is so we're going to be moving into a new house, and his thing was like, when we're going to the new house, like, might as well set up the new system, and then I'll be working it off. Because then we go to the new house and we set up the old system, they have to take that apart, which I think is just unfucky. Yeah, it's pretty it is, But I mean I like that he's thinking it through.
Speaker 2: You know, if I were to buy it from him at first and then he doesn't do the work, who do I sue him?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: I guess me legally I'm the responsible because I would be the.
Speaker 2: One draw the paperwork, just he would have to do the work.
Speaker 3: I actually he would have to do the work. What you just gave him the what was the PS four for? Like a holiday there something?
Speaker 2: I'm sure I can just give him one for his birthday, unless you want to teach him a lesson.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with lessons.
Speaker 2: It's again, it's up to you. You let me know what you want. You known't you tell me.
Speaker 3: That's weird for me to be like, yes, Bobby, you.
Speaker 2: Can, but no, but I offered it. It's what I'm saying, so I can buy it. You just and say even say you can say Bobby.
Speaker 3: Sent you this or I just know I would tell him.
Speaker 2: I would be like I've over and give it to him. But I'm saying I don't want to do it in a way that you don't think it should be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that this is actually a good opportunity for him to have to go somewhere and experience working something off. I guess my only thing with you is I get I'm not going to worry about what you do, but like, can you really put him to work?
Speaker 2: It would be trivial, but I could have him do something I haven't, like, wipe down stuff that's still be trivial York.
Speaker 3: And him go and hold him accountable to doing a good job.
Speaker 2: I could have him clean the pickle ball. I mean there's a million things that I can just create work for him to do.
Speaker 3: But I need you to assess it and say, okay, this this, I approve of this work. Like you can't just come and be like, okay, wipe down the windows and he.
Speaker 2: Does, then what if it's a bad job and I got to stick it really stick it to him? Yeah, you fire him. I go repoet, I repot ps five, just.
Speaker 3: Say hey, dude, like, hey, I know you want to learn to like, you know, be a good employee and whatnot. And this is what I look for. And this is when you get a little older and you do get a real job. This is the expectation, like it'd be good. I like for my friends to pour into my kids in that way because I feel like they listen more from other people.
Speaker 2: Will you find a way that I can order one? Just with Apple pay and we look? Does Amebela have them up?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, he already showed me.
Speaker 2: Oh he does. Okay, was they were so hard to get for a while? Oh no, they're availables, slim, like, go one for myself while I'm at it. Oh god, quantity.
Speaker 8: I have also been researching PS five because I'm still at a PS four.
Speaker 2: Dang, what a loser you mark around the house.
Speaker 8: You have to clean that pickleball.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to get the PS five digital edition slim good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Digital's get better, right because you don't have to keep up with those discs.
Speaker 8: The discs had I mean you can if you if he has disc now, he could play it on there. But if he does, has them all digitally? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: What do I need to get a mic?
Speaker 8: I like getting the disc too, just so you have that option of buying used game.
Speaker 3: Can you do both?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: You could do both? So PS five console slim, but no digital, So that's gonna cost me fifty extra bucks?
Speaker 3: Wait, no digital? I thought it was the one. Do we need digital because it has to.
Speaker 8: Well, the one with disc has both, but it also has the drive. So if you have a disc where he buys like a used game, he can throw it in there. If it does straight digital, then.
Speaker 2: That one's which one do you want? So? Should I get the PS five?
Speaker 8: I assume it. At his age, he just does all digital.
Speaker 2: He doesn't buy, just get digital.
Speaker 3: I think digital.
Speaker 2: And then he can sing, oh there's no disc hole? Yeah no disc hold yeah, because he wants who needs a disc hole?
Speaker 8: I'm multipol I still like a disc hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, classic.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's the difference between what held are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm thirty two, thirty three, he's thirteen thirteen? Yeah, okay, by now all right?
Speaker 3: Businessman?
Speaker 2: Well good for him too. It aris before Father's Day? Perfect, okay, boom boom play show. He's doing total in is for thirty five ninety one.
Speaker 3: So we need to we need to calculate hours and divide that up.
Speaker 2: I will pay him two hundred bucks an hour, two trips. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, he's in summer school.
Speaker 2: Okay, I ordered it. Arriving tomorrow about ten pm. He comes over. I've already get hooked up his mind. I give him my old PS five. Wait the trade doown? I don't know now he'll get this one. Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't care what you do.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to hop in, happy to hop in. All right, Okay, well, now we have to figure out the work we need to do. Good, make it up, figure it out. Dirty windows, Yeah, but you dirty up the windows even worse. That's the problem with that. That is the end of part one of the podcast. A lot of you guys have reached out and you like how we're splitting it now as opposed to how we were splitting it before. We have to split the podcast, so we cannot just go back to if we're up to me, we just do one file. We can't do that, So we are splitting it into two. But we're doing part one and part two. And the feedback has been probably ninety eight percent positive about the Splits now versus how the Splits used to be with the Early Bird and then the full show, but it's been Hey, we need something to notify us when the first half of the podcast is over. So this is your notification for now. Well, somehow we'll create some piece that's like, gosh, you into the first half of the podcast, but for now, that's it. And now you used to go over to the second part of the podcast and take this, hopefully take this moment of me begging you go and rate the podcast if you don't mind. I never do that crap, but I'm asking you to do it because I never think about it. But I think if I was like on my phone and a podcast that I liked, it was like, hey, would you mind going over and like rating us and maybe writing a nice review. I probably do that, but they don't do that. But I'll be listening to do that for now on. So if you don't mind doing that, that would be super cool. And Part two of the podcast is either coming up right now or you're listening really early and it's coming up in just a little bit. The Bobby Bounce Show
Speaker 3: H