Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for comedo Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Hey, all right, bring in the heat, right, let's go bring in the heat. Well, we do super Fun Time Friday, and we're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio CNR on FSR Sexy Ryan, Danny g the kron and thank you guys for hanging out with us. If you missed any of our shows this week. Another fun week in the books, well books, I don't know ye in the books and you can get them anytime on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR or our best of the Week drops tomorrow. Every Saturday, Danny g our producer puts out a best of the week wherever you stream your podcast, search Covino and Rich and thank you guys again for being here.
Speaker 1: We have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Well, what do we learn? First hour? Carson Beck, the rookie quarterback that might be in the best position.
Speaker 1: What were those lyrics.
Speaker 2: He wrote to have a shot, Oh, Carson Beck, He'll have Jaeremiah Love and Harrah so telling you he's gonna he's gonna be the guy. And we realized that Lewis Cobb, seventy three years old, seized the moment and he did that fill in auction played by play for the Phillies, and you know, the guy was awesome. He sounded like a season vet, as Isaac said, fit right in. If you if you turned on that broadcast, Isaac, you wouldn't have known that he was a fan that won a raffle.
Speaker 4: Would not have been able to tell the difference, not at all.
Speaker 2: And I thought he had a unique voice. You know, it wasn't like the greatest broadcasting voice, but he had the delivery down Scully pacing. He had the thank you yeah, great pacing and a unique voice. You know, not everyone has golden pipes like Danny g You just make the most of it. I agree with Rich. If you hadn't told me that he won an auction or paid for an auction or whatever charity, I would not have known that it was some sort of winner making this happen. Well, speaking of broadcasters, you said, uh in the books. Shout out to how he Rose. Put it in the books. This is his final year calling Mets games. And when you say put it in the books, I did have a question for you guys. This is off the cuff. I know you love when I do that.
Speaker 3: He can't go out on a year like this. You know.
Speaker 2: The funniest part is he started in eighty seven, so maybe he's the problem. I love how he wrote. What I'm just saying, he started in eighty seven. Every time I hear that little fun fact, I'm like, yo, he missed all the fun in eighty six.
Speaker 3: Dare you rich? Don't put that on him?
Speaker 2: Listen, every time the Mets win, what if they win it next year? Then every time the Mets win in my Mets Chat, no matter how bad they are. One of my friends that had you know, this is the meme of how he Rose pumping his fist. Put it in the books, and you say books nowadays in twenty twenty six, there are two skills that I wonder if if you if you rounded up idiotic teenagers that are at the local high school, go to you know, El Camino, go to Taft, go to what's the one that John Carlos stan went to Notre Dame, you know, go to Chamanad any of these schools around here. Have you rounded up a bunch of sixteen year old young dudes that are playing sports? Do you think all of them would know how to keep a baseball score book? And do you think they would know how to score bowling? No? And no, that's embarrassing to me. Well, bowling, they'd have no reason to because it's done. It's always done, Rich, we had those overhead projectors from the leftover some the city whatever. I would take pride Danny in my ability to keep a sweet score book and bowling. If I go bowling. I used to like that.
Speaker 5: I think you already knew the answer to your own question, Rich, because you play adult softball. How many times is the the manager saying nobody knows?
Speaker 2: No, one knows how to be honest? Every time? I'm the guy that's like, give me the book, I'll till him up. I'll keep the book. I'm like, how do you guys know how to keep it? When I was a kid, I could go to sit in the bench. If you know how to play keep the book. No, you're just a man with them. They have a brain. It is common when I would go to a Mets game sitting in the upper deck with my dad at Chase Stadium in the you know, late eighties, early nineties. There are some bad teams in the Mets after that eighty sixteen. You would get the program and the guys would always sound like they're from the nineteen twenties. Get your program, here your program. They were stuck in a different generation programs. But you would get the program and you would write the starting lineup in and you would do your best effort. As a little kid.
Speaker 1: You felt like a kids can't even write in cursive anything.
Speaker 2: You felt like a little man. You think you know how to keep a baseball scorecard score book, which is simple like ground bow to shorts up six, Like, how do you not know that? But I do think that. Listen, they know a hell of a lot of stuff we don't know, Like kids probably know more about AI than we do. But yeah, you can't even do the gritty old guy, Na, what are you talking about? But I will say though, if you want a cool dad move, it might be opos. But teacher kid had a score bawling and keep a baseball score book. It is like one of those like I think you should just know. I think you should know as a man or a woman. Not to be sexist, I think you should just know. Well, maybe they don't need to know, but then we need to know other things that But then again, who am I because I don't know how to change my own oil? Because in my mind, they don't bring it to the shop, you know, like they know whatever's useful to them.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now, speaking of baseball, they put it in the books?
Speaker 2: What book? Before we play? Because this hours action packed with brainwave. We're giving away prizes. It's simple, it's multiple choice. So when we tell you to call it definitely called to trying to win some summer prize packs or grilling Apron. It's just a matter of are you on the same brain wave as everyone here on the show? Plus weekend hobnobbing what to watch in the world of sports and entertainment, we do that this hour. But something happened at the Red Sox game. Again they've been hot, right, Red Sox have been hot. They like Hansel from a Yankees fan, I don't know how tops in the world. Big win yesterday probably their biggest win. Did you sell the rating. Did you say that mem or? Did I just see it when I was scrolling where in June the lost column between the Yankees and Red Sox was like far into the double digits and now fast forward to the beginning of August and thenard it around. They got hot, they caught fire. Like you said you hoped your mets would do that. They didn't know anyway. I saw this clip of a fan reaching out to a roll this Chapman, as Boonie used to call him, Chappie Chappie.
Speaker 1: Here, chap chap Chappie.
Speaker 4: So hey, you.
Speaker 2: Rolled this, Chapman, Chappie, And he turns around. He's like I could be here. And Chapman walks over to the guy and he's like, I got something for you, Chappy. And this is again me improvising. I don't know what was said. And Chappie's like, I don't want it. And he's like, oh, here take this, and he hands him this old looking eighteen hundred late eighteen hundred baseball glove. Looks like something Babe Ruth would have threw away. It was Honus Wagner's a Honus Wagner Signature Series baseball glove and Rablas Chapman looked really happy to have it. You know, he puts it on, he starts punching it, and he's like, Yo, look at this thing this guy gave me. And then he leaves it there on the dugout and you got a good view of this glove.
Speaker 1: And honest to guy, it looks like something Abner double Day played with.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: Would say that.
Speaker 1: It was like, who was it double Day?
Speaker 2: When my wife's from New Brownfles, Texas, and there's a really cool little town called Green, Texas. It's spelt it looks like it's abelled grueen g r u e Enny, And they used to have an antique shop and I'm so bummed to close down. You'd go in there and I'm so bummed. I never picked one up. They would have old baseball gloves, old sporting equipment. There was like thirty bucks, and I'm so mad. They would have gloves where the fingers weren't even connected. Yeah, that glove was definitely worn by somebody that talked like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: My name is Slappy Johnson, that's right, taking them ount today. I was loved to with Jackson. I always loved wing. Slappy Johnson took them out. He was great Slappy Johnson. H So you know Raldush Chapman, he he went from like not really caring about the moment. They're like, yo, that's pretty cool, and it looks like he wants to take it on the mound. It makes me think of when David Wells wore a Babe Ruth's hat to the mound, wrote that story. They wouldn't let him do it. We wouldn't let him do it because it wasn't you know, it wasn't an actual official gear. Uh. But Chapman looked happy about the moment. You gotta look up the clip. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 5: Do you think if Aaron Judge had that glove in the World Series, he wouldn't have dropped that ball?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh dude, it hurts, but it's like this old timey times glove.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, So based on that, what's the strangest gift you ever gave or received? Like strangest gifts given? It got us thinking about that because this guy took a chance, turns out around this chopman. You think he takes it home at him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 3: Well, why not right. Yeah, that's something he puts in his man cave.
Speaker 2: I don't know whose it was or if it has any particular value, but it looked cool. Raldas Chapman does he take it home?
Speaker 1: Either way? He got this random gift.
Speaker 2: And when you're.
Speaker 1: Somebody like roll this, Chapman, I'm sure you get random things all the time.
Speaker 2: I bet you. Some things are cool and some things are like why you give me the yeah exactly, So anything come to mind for you? Well, I always feel like we're very lucky that listeners will send us some cool stuff. When people send us useful stuff, I'm so grateful, grateful regardless. But sometimes people will be like, hey, you know, Rich, I know you're barbecue guys. Send you these, uh these rubs from the local place here in town.
Speaker 1: I don't have that that's useful.
Speaker 2: But sometimes someone will send you like merch or something for their product, and like men's extract art. My wife someone said, Rich, and I swear to God, like these these random looking sandals, like these Jesus looking sandals, but they were like really lame looking, and underneath them you could fill them up, like uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a flash flask. It was a flip flip flash.
Speaker 2: They would have dumbest things everything, and I'll bring them in for you.
Speaker 1: No, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: Use that pulling off your I think that was pulling off your busted feet and flip flop flask for real? They should be whiskey baby. They weren't flop flops. They were the weakest looking, like you know, wh woven sandals ever. But you know what, and I was like, why would anyone sit look at me? I'm a Guido kid from New Jersey. You think I'd ever wear these ridiculous things? You know, it's interesting with celebrity. I don't even want to get like regift this on Christmas with celebrities and athletes. For them to really want something a fan brings them, it would have to be ridiculously special. And I saw something recently that was a really beautiful moment. Dwayne the Rock Johnson was promoting that trash Moana live action. No relation to Slappy Oh yeah, no relation to Slappy Johnson. Dwayne the Rock Johns the.
Speaker 1: Famous picture who took them out ash with that glove.
Speaker 2: Dwayne the Rock Johnson, no descendant of him, was at some event and he was just walking by, and someone goes, Dwayne, Dwayne, take a look at this. And someone held up an old school wrestling magazine from How to Be fifth d plus years ago and it had the Rock's dad on the cover. The Rock stopped in his tracks, went over the guy. The guy's like, I'd like to give this to you. The Rock got a little teary eyd He's like, you're gonna give this to me? And he told the guy come around the barricade, gave him a hug, and he's like, you don't realize I'm gonna I have family members that would love to see this. Thank you, so like you gotta, Danny G. There's someone to want something like that, you know. And now we're getting into the coolest gifts, right Yeah? I mean, well we did say like most random, strangest, but I'm saying, most of the time something else. Most of the time, it's not that okay. But there was an even cooler story recently, cooler than that rock story. Even though it's a very cool story, I don't want to butcher it. So, Danny G, if you could find the info on this or even the korana, you might know about it. Dallas Brayden do you remember what he was famous for, famous ace pitcher that pitched a perfect game? I did remember Dallas Brayden. Well, didn't he pitch it like in tribute to his mom who had passed away? Wasn't that the backstory? I think that's the backstory? Now, what's up?
Speaker 1: You remember that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It was? It was on Mother's Day?
Speaker 2: So he pitched a perfect game on Mother's Day? Right, And I think his grandma went to the game. Get this, So he had two tickets to the game, a ticket for his grandma and a ticket for his mom, I guess. But the seat was empty. So the empty seat was there next to his grandma. He pitches this perfect game, he tugs the heart strings and everyone's like, oh, I did it for his mom. On Mother's Day. A random fan came up to him. He's like, dude, I got something for you, and he's like, what's this? And he knew it the moment he looked at it. He knew the seat, he knew where his grandma was sitting, and he knew what section it was in. The dude had the dude had the ticket stuff of that empty seat on that day next to his grandma. And he's like, because that's where his mom would have been. The kid had it. He's like, I want you to have it. He had it in a wow yeah, say that's look, that's off the dome Harry Max's style. I may have messed something up there, but that was the gist of the story, and Braden was brought back like, oh my god, I can't believe you've given me this because that game meant everything to him and he did it for his mom and his second. He saw it, he knew what it was. It was that empty seat next to his grandma. You know, it's a beautiful feeling. You ever see, like on a documentary or something where they'll they'll surprise maybe an athlete who's a talking head. They're like, hey, we want you to look at something, and you see that emotional, real reaction like oh wow, like I haven't seen this in years. I think there were some cool moments. There were some cool moments during that Team USA. Did you watch that hockey documentary? Yeah, not the movie, not Miracle, There was a documentary on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, remember. We talked about it. We talked about it.
Speaker 2: I remember when they were showing the guy some of the pictures and stuff from the eighty Olympics, and they've seen it. I haven't seen this in you know, almost you know, since nineteen eighty forty five plus years. And those are the times where people would want a gift. But I want to give you the flip side. Ninety five percent of the time when some one you don't know gives you a gift, they're just handing you something you don't want. I know, they're they're basically saying, can you donate this for me? Because I don't want it? And by the way, I'm getting the feedback Escobar Cheeks, what a name? Scott Cheeks says, those flip flop flasks were reefs. They were not reef. These were like the weakest cheapest things I'd ever seen. They weren't that bad. They were the week you know what, right, I wish I had them just so I could see you in them. They were not reefs. They were the weakest things I'd ever seen. So strangest gifts roll this Chapman got one. Actually it ended up being pretty cool. He seemed to be grateful for it. So let us know eight seven seven ninety nine out Fox, we've received some really weird you know what my girlfriend's dad one day it was Christmas. It's so embarrassing too, because you're opening presents like in front of the quote unquote future in laws. Right, No, we have an announcement to make, No, But I mean, how else do I describe it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: My girlfriend's family that I'm opening, I'm opening Christmas presents and helping it up. And what I got here? It's a big heavy box and it was an alligator head, like a real real alligator head, and like, I don't know what the joke is, So I was just like, yeah, isn't the one that bid off Chubs Peterson's hands. But it was a real not a stuff Dan, It was a real you know, like they got it at a museum or a zoo or something. It was like you to Everybody starts laughing at me, and I'm like, well, what are you doing? And they're like, you know, basically got you because you're stuck with it now. Oh it's like a pregnant bit. They're like, oh, you know, so now I had I had to have that thing for a year until I handed it off to like the next guy. Let's let's say how to hoo daddy Sean in Montana, Sean eraldas chatman gets an old timey time glove and it got you know, thinking like you know those random cool gifts who actually get all the weakens. Well, dude, sometimes emmy can make or break a relationship. I've heard of stories. You know, some women are like, I can't believe he got me blank. I'm not that type of woman. Relationship over so these things matter, not that type of woman. What do you what you get here? Hey, Sean, what's up?
Speaker 6: Guys? But me and my son listen to you all the time. He's ten years old. We love you, guys.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome, man, future generation.
Speaker 3: I love it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I hope he's a Cavino guy and crazy enough.
Speaker 6: I'm from Bridgeport, Connecticut, nice where I grew up, but I moved to Mintana so I can relate to you guys. And I'm a Niners fan and a Mets fan just like you. Bro.
Speaker 2: We are destined to be bros, Mets and Niners. Have you noticed, by the way, Brandon, who works here, one of the editors, is a big Niners fan, and we talked about this. The Mets and Niners have this weird, unique vibe.
Speaker 3: Danny just this.
Speaker 1: It's true story.
Speaker 2: When one is good, the others not so like the Mets stinking this year is good news for the Niners because when the Mets, somehow every few years have a great season, that's when the Niners are hurt and go like seven and eleven, seven and ten or something. So Niners are gonna win twelve games.
Speaker 6: R and between. I haven't even noticed the years lately. But story for you guys. I brought my son in training camp last week. We went three days and George Kittle is his hero man, so that was our main thing. We just wanted to George Kittle autograph the first two days and weren't successful, and my son brought him a gift. So he brought I ordered him this super cool Transformers forty nine ers toy and it came like right before we least, and he wanted to give it to George and it wasn't looking good. Man. I didn't know how I was going to figure this out. You know, promised they might give it a shot. He wrote him a little letter and right at the end of the last day kind of just yelled out. I was like, hey, George, my son got you a gift to and gift it to you, and he looks at me and kind of weird and he's like, oh, yeah, what is it? You know, kind of leary and he's so he let me grab it out of the bag and we went up to the front of Lineman. She was able to give Kittle the gift with a car detached and stuff like that. It was an awesome and he signs of Jersey. It was an awesome moment. But you guys had me thinking we saw him walk off the field with it. It has like his name in the little card that he wrote in his address and stuff. But what do you think, you guys think he kept it?
Speaker 2: I do, honestly, if it's a if it's a something like that, if it's a cool little it's you said, it's like a forty nine ers Transformer thing.
Speaker 6: Yes, it just came out.
Speaker 2: I feel like George Kittle is the type of guy that I bet you George Kittle would keep a forty nine ers Transformer thing on his shelf.
Speaker 1: And he might be like, Yo, some cool little kid gave it to me.
Speaker 3: I'm not locker right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might throw it up there. Honestly, we've had people give us stuff that you would think doesn't have value, but I'll I'll keep it, like on my shelf or something. Iowa Sam. Iowa Sam. By the way, I agree. I think he kept it, you know, like maybe kept in his locker.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I think it meant something. Yeah, Iowa Sam. Always when he goes somewhere, he always comes back and brings the most peculiar things.
Speaker 3: Back for you.
Speaker 2: He's like, I saw this and thought he it was like some random pin or sticker, but it's so nice and kind.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'd be like like a can opener, but it has like the name of the city where he was.
Speaker 3: Out of my.
Speaker 2: I saw this sticker. You know, he bought me a sticker, said JABBRONI repellent. He's like, I figured you could put it on whatever you want. I was like, thanks, man. I would say, comes to my house every year for my family's Christmas party.
Speaker 1: But it's said and every year, I would.
Speaker 2: Saying, brings a peculiar Christmas ornament like it like like like a like a flamingo or like, hey, you he brought me what's it was? A pint of It was a shiny pint of beer. Ornament I'm like, what, it's what makes him, you know, And it's the thought that count. It makes the trip. Or yeah, a missiletoe belt or something like that, or I have one of those. I wear it all year long though. Ryan, all right, we got more Kvino Rich. We're gonna play brain Wave. If you want to get involved, get involved, have some fun, win surprises.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Danny G puts together these great questions, sports, relationships, music, all the different categories, and you got to try to match our answers. It's easy, it's simple, and we want you to win. So let's do it next summer Grilling eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox Win a grilling apron, some coozy and some goodness right here cn R on FSR. Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends, making necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal, and investing deserves the same approach. With wee Bowl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs are more planning for the long term. You got iras, cash management accounts or custodial counts for your kiddos. We Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all in one platform. Looking to take your preparation to the next level, check out wee Bol's learn resources. Join their in app community feed to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now, to help streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy, try Vaga Do you mean their AI market Assistant. You're gonna get real time analysis, watch list insights, and alerts when earnings drops. So get that financial portfolio game ready. Download the wee Bowl app today or visit we bowl dot com. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox.
Speaker 3: Sports Radio, we are excited to.
Speaker 7: Announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 7: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube Again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich Everything at Covino and Rich and of course, a brand new overpromise yesterday everything at Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube. We're streaming live now. Shout out to everybody hanging with us live. Hope you enjoy over promised one fifty new episode and in fact, speaking of over promised, what to watch this weekend. We'll get into it later weekend, but right now, live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. You're Ryan you ready, It's time for Brainway. Come on now, do Coveno and race really share the same brainy? Ch chatting Chaddy Ray? Something sim Joe to measure you?
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 2: Crew not far behind?
Speaker 3: We're one.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Brainway.
Speaker 2: Try to make sense of the brain.
Speaker 4: It's easy. We drop on sports, music and entertainment questions and if you match with enough of these bosums, you win.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: On the count of three, reveal.
Speaker 1: Brainway one, two, three, Yeah, walked in.
Speaker 2: Guys, you're on the same way plank right now.
Speaker 5: All right, Happy Friday. The questions in this game are all subjective. You just need to try to match the brain of CNR and the crew. Yeah, look at coven already having fun with this. I try race board over there. All let's get our contestant on the studio lines. Then I'll explain the rules real quick. I Loo, I'll use you shoot for this. Would you love to travel too? Beautiful Waco, Texas? Spoke Anne Washington, Redding, California, Tulsa, Oklahoma, or Denver.
Speaker 8: Well, I've been to three or four of those places. Let's go place. I haven't been Redding, California.
Speaker 3: I've never been to Redding. Bubba is listening.
Speaker 2: There, so Bubba yo being Redding, Bubba fday, this guy's energy.
Speaker 1: Get your good choice, Bubba. What do you do for a living there?
Speaker 2: I do construction in the heat?
Speaker 3: My friend?
Speaker 2: It sucks construction in the heat. You know what, Well, if you win, you could just wear the apron and nothing else.
Speaker 1: Nothing else, be nice and all right.
Speaker 5: I have five rounds ready to go. Our contestant, Bubba needs to win two of them to be the champ and walk away with that CNR Summer Grill in package. I'm going to ask a question, give three equal answers to choose from the five of us in the studio today. Are going to write down our answers on our dry erase boards. On the count of three, Bubba counts out. He says his answer, and he's got a match with three out of the five of us to win. The or no matter is answer. If all five of us happen to match, it is an automatic round for him, a back door cover. Alright, all right, round one, you guys are ready, let's do it. Get those dry race boards ready. We're gonna start with relationships. Oh, you're seeing someone new and the chemistry is amazing. But one of these red flags keeps tugging at your brain? Which one is the toughest to ignore?
Speaker 2: I like these type of questions.
Speaker 5: Flirting a little too comfortably with servers keeping their ex is hoodie because it's comfy, or reading your text messages but replying hours later. Which of those red flags is the toughest to ignore? Flirting a little too comfortably with servers keeping their exes hoodie because it's comfy, or reading your text messages but replying hours later. A yeah, everybody locked in?
Speaker 4: What gender is the server?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 5: It depends who's listening to you right now? I love all right, Bubba, we need your answer on the counter. Three one two three? If he gone to hoodie gone.
Speaker 1: He says, hoodie. We'll start with Steve Covino.
Speaker 2: You know, as I grow older and wiser, Birthday weekend, this weekend, things like that don't bother me the way they used to. So reading those texts, like she's reading my text, she has her phone right there, she can't respond. That's so weird, So that would bother me.
Speaker 1: More so buzzer, no point from Covino. Yeah, Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: I hate to say I'm such a mature man these days. I'm flirty. So I don't mind if a girl's a little flirty. If it's in it's with a server. It's a server, right, I mean, you're not going to see him against server's got no game. But I'm saying number two, they got that fresh pant dad. I remember when I met my wife. My wife had like a carry on bag, and I'm like, this is really great. She goes, oh, it's my exit. Do you want me to throw it at I'm like, no, I like this carry on bag. So I'm fine with a hoodie, doesn't matter. But when someone's unattentive, that's the sign. I don't like that. So I'm with you. Reading the messages and not responds annoying. It's like you're not important enough to get back to all right, we go to Ilo.
Speaker 4: This is interesting.
Speaker 8: Some people aren't necessarily Texters, and a free garment is a free garment.
Speaker 4: I actually went with the flirting with the server. Oh you did?
Speaker 1: I get a juice and.
Speaker 2: Fresh juicy is good. But the way the server has more game than you. You're charming guy.
Speaker 4: Well, as usually you're right on that part.
Speaker 5: Okay, Bubba, you're mathematically out of this one. But I did say hoodie, so you would have got the point for me. And what about you, Ryan?
Speaker 2: I said hoodie as well. If she was sniffing like it smells like him, that's one thing. But if it's just a cozy hoodie. Yeah, but Ryan, think about it.
Speaker 1: She's wearing that hoodie, you could still have your fun.
Speaker 3: She's wearing hoodies.
Speaker 1: She's probably thinking about that dude, thinking about that guy.
Speaker 2: Whenever I go through a breakup, anything she gives to me, I throw right when you squeeze the nose, cheeks, Who cares what hoodie's by the way, quote of the day, let's go to round. It would have bothered me in my twenties, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's the end of the world. Cove, you know, I just think, out of the three, have.
Speaker 1: You got if you go with Hey, they're all good.
Speaker 2: You got with If you go with Jordan Hudson and she was wear a ripped up old Belichick hoodie, would you get I guess definitely will.
Speaker 4: Fans would find that as a turn off.
Speaker 2: I don't know, She's not wearing my hoodie with that guy.
Speaker 5: Und Round two, let's go to sports which NFL QB will have the most passing yards by the end of this season, the regular season. Fernando Mendoza, Carson Beck or Michael Pennix Junior.
Speaker 2: Now Penick Junior is in a battle.
Speaker 1: Rich don't don't Yeah, yeah, yeah, do that in your head.
Speaker 3: It's funny though.
Speaker 5: We started the show off actually by talking about this, so Rich and I were already on the same bring with of course Michael pennockx junior not a rookie. Yeah I know, but but in a tricky situation.
Speaker 3: There in Atlanta. All right, we're all writing our answers down.
Speaker 5: Everybody locks uck, all right, Bubba, on the count of three, one, two, three.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go, Fernando. They'll get Kirk out of there and just get a more reps.
Speaker 5: That's my only thing, he says Fernando, we go in reverse order, so that means Ryan, you are up first?
Speaker 3: What say you?
Speaker 5: I went with Beck because Panix is going to get hurt, like he always gets hurt.
Speaker 2: And uh, I like Mendoza, but he's probably not gonna play for a.
Speaker 3: While, all right, right? I also I also said.
Speaker 2: Beck, Oh, try tables in a microphone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what'd you say?
Speaker 3: What'd you say? I love?
Speaker 4: I am actually going with Mendoza. I think the politics of being a number one.
Speaker 2: Pick oh interesting. I think Cousins will start too many games early on for those that get that number. And I think Tua could very well be the guy in Atlanta. I don't even know if Pennix plays as much as you think Carson Beck. I just think by process of elimination, Okay, I think Beck might make opportunities and make him count, but I think Pennick Junior is the answer here. Like, why are we buying into Tua?
Speaker 3: Don't?
Speaker 1: Is that that's still a quarterback battle?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 2: I mean like we don't, right, I mean there's no update there, right, It's like it's still I mean we haven't had our first preseason game. Manay, I lovey, but We're not on the same brainway, but I.
Speaker 5: Love the fact we're talking NFL football. Hell you, all right, Let's go to round three. Supporting roles. Wayne Knight turned seventy one today. Anyone know who he is?
Speaker 3: Newman?
Speaker 1: Hello, new helone, Newman in his honor?
Speaker 2: Jurassic Park too.
Speaker 5: Who hijacked or sitcom? More to the point where the supporting role became the main event? Okay, this is a good I do th Jalia White is one of the options. Let's let's go in order here, Henry Winkler as the fawns, Jalil White as Erkele or Michael Richards as Kramer?
Speaker 4: Who good one?
Speaker 2: Which supporting guy stole the scene the most? Yes?
Speaker 3: Who hijacked their sitcom? More?
Speaker 5: Okay, in Newman's honor? Here a lot Fawns, Erkle or Kramer.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, this is such a great question, and I just want people to just again, brainwave, think of the brainwave we are on.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, count three, Bubba one two three.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with where I think Avino's gonna do and say Fawns says Fawns.
Speaker 2: Steve Cove know we do start with you, what's today Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: Now listen, no one had smoother game than Stefan or Keel And did I do that got any cheese? Yo? He was not supposed to be that big of a character. I think the whole cast of Seinfeld, you take that out of elimination. I think no one on this list has a jacket in the Smithsonian. But you know, he does the fun fun. I think Henry wakel on your answer, he.
Speaker 3: Was great.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad picked up.
Speaker 2: It's really tough.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, comes down to me and Ryan. He is a winner in this round. I said, Fawns as well, what did you say?
Speaker 3: I said, urcle man.
Speaker 2: Come on, I mean he's legendary too. By the way, you know, we had Wayne Knight on our show back in the day and Rich asked him if he often gets confused with the guy that played the revolting blob in Billy Madison.
Speaker 4: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I just said, where to God.
Speaker 2: Like the guy? I was like, yeah, sorry, she's he's like, you know, the revolting Blob.
Speaker 3: I say, all right, halfway to a prize.
Speaker 2: I'm embarrassed for twenty something year old man the revolting snop can I've had actual paper talent, so I can wipe my pad and my tears.
Speaker 5: All right, Bubba, you're halfway to a prize. Back, Let's go to round four music but both.
Speaker 3: Happy?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, focus, Sorry, I just got looking back.
Speaker 2: I can't believe what an idiot he was.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Let's go to music.
Speaker 4: Looking back.
Speaker 5: You're locked in a small room for forty eight hours and music is being piped in on a loop to torture you. Which song would break you? Achy, Breaky Heart, Barbie Girl, or It's a small world?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 3: Which song would.
Speaker 5: Break you as torture if you were locked in a small room for forty eight hours and couldn't turn it off? Achy Breaky Heart, Barbie Girl. Or It's a small world.
Speaker 2: And it's a great question, really good question. But I do have an answer.
Speaker 3: All right, we're all gonna write her, okay, and.
Speaker 2: A real I have a great answer as to why I have answers, So I can't wait the edge of my seat. Oh, I know you should be all right. So it's brain wave CNR CNR on FSR. We do this every Friday for prizes and giveaways. By the way, we don't want to leave you out of the fun. If you want to qualify for the Summer Grilling Apron and prize pack, just leave a nice comment.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: He's locked in.
Speaker 1: Let's go? What let's go? Your answer, Bubba one two three?
Speaker 6: I can't even go on the ride.
Speaker 1: Small world, he says, it's a small world.
Speaker 3: We go in reverse order. Ryan, what'd you say?
Speaker 2: Achy, breaking heart?
Speaker 3: Sorry, budd, Sorry.
Speaker 1: You don't like you don't like Billy Rays dance moves.
Speaker 5: You know, no, no, this good. This was really close for me because it's a small world. I think they call it circular where there's really no end to the song. Yes, but Barbie girl, if I had to hear that on a loop, you could have whatever information you are torturing me to get.
Speaker 3: Islo. What'd you say? Oh my ear?
Speaker 2: But I do love Every so often when that guy comes out, he's like, call mall, Barbie, let's go party. How Ever, nothing more annoying than the sound of children singing like it as well. That would break me. That's the worst. I'm with you, bro, that's a joyous song. I'm not mad at it. It's definitely I agree. Hones same brainwave as Danny g and the kron harbieker oh Man.
Speaker 5: All right, it comes down to the final category, guys, round five.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we're gonna finish. We're finishing by going back to sports.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 5: You're putting up one month of your salary on a Super Bowl bet. Which of these three teams would you trust the most to cast your ticket?
Speaker 3: It's good the.
Speaker 5: Texans, the Lions or the Chargers. Means are there, But which one would win and take home that money for you? The Texans, the Lions or the Chargers?
Speaker 3: All right, everybody locked in?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir Steve Kerr all right, Bubba one, two three, he says.
Speaker 3: Lions Steve Covino.
Speaker 1: Yo, guess what we are on the same brainwave? Justin Herbert doesn't focused to me in CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud.
Speaker 2: You saw how he came strutting in looking like a school boy. He came in looking like a school boy and has not done well in the playoffs. So I'm taking away Houston Lions Cove. I'm also taking away the Chargers. As much as I love Madison beer and Herbert cuddling, I just think the AFC is too competitive. You might be able to sneak through the NFC, the Lions.
Speaker 3: Right, one more, one more, five of us today.
Speaker 4: I love Damn Campbell.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: We have a winner and ready in California.
Speaker 5: You are going to receive a CNR Summer Prize pack including that popular grilling Apron.
Speaker 3: And Jego Bubba.
Speaker 5: Not not only are we going to mail that to you, but we are going to give you a bonus prize today.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? Tell me congrats to Bubba who just won not only our Grilling Apron the Summer Prize pack, but five hundred dollars five hundred dollars cart to air Tasker. Yeah. Air Tasker is the platform that helps people get everything and anything done, from everyday errands to bigger projects to anything you think of in between. Air Tasker connects people with local taskers ready to help. So if you need anything assembled, furniture mounting, a TV, cleaning your home, or anything in between, air Tasker can help with all of it. So you want that plus the five hundred dollars from.
Speaker 1: Maria five one hundred dude, Bubba.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is you figure out what task you need, You set a budget, you'll you'll receive offers from local taskers, and you can choose which person's right for you. Air Tasker available through the air Tasker app and air tasker dot Com and Bubba. Like Cavino said, if you need a TV hung or if you don't want to assemble furniture, you need to move some furniture. These are the type of things where you put this in and air Tasker hooks it up. You get five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 2: Download the air Tasker app or visit air tasker dot com. Get anything done. Congrats Baba, five thoughts. All right, you have a great weekend. Thank you, Baba. That's better than the time I won five hundred dollars. Alright, let's go to Ilo. We're innning late.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Ilo, We're just having so much stamp fun. What's up, buddy?
Speaker 8: Well if I was not having fun today. David Forest he is now the former general manager of the Athletics. They mutually parted waves today. He was in his eleventh season as GM. The A's presently forty five and seventy tied for the second worst record in the majors in the NBA. The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner determined that the death of Memphis Grizzlies forward Brandon Clark back in May was caused by an accidental overdose of heroin and cocaine. In the NFL, KUSA television out of Denver just reported that Broncos defensive lineman Matt Henningson tore his achilles in practice today. Now, if that wasn't bad enough, Henningson tore the achilles in his other leg August eighth, twenty twenty five, one year ago. Tomorrow, Tennessee Titans guard Peter Scornsky's agreed to a four year, one hundred million dollar extension with eighty eight million guaranteed. That makes him the highest paid guard in the NFL. Buffalo Bill signed guard Osiris Torrance to a four year seventy eight million dollar extension through twenty thirty with forty six million guaranteed. Finally, the NFL suspended Colts cornerback Cam Taylor Brnt one game for violating the Personal Conduct Policy. Back in January, Taylor Brint pled guilty to chargers of reckless driving and driving without a valid license. Guys, all yours.
Speaker 2: Isaac, thank you have a great weekend. We have more being on Richard Quick Weekend hobnobbin next right here on Fox Sports Radio. All right, Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio Friday, don't miss our seeing our best the week. Danny G puts that out That drops Saturday morning, six am Eastern on Apple or whatever podcast play love all the best of the week. Now it's time to get your financial portfolio game day ready with we Both. Get your powerful investing tools in real time data, all on one platform. Get started today by downloading the wee Bowl app or visiting we bowl dot com.
Speaker 1: We Both Financial LLC Member sa PC FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com Slash disclosures. All right, now it's time Friday. We do it all the time.
Speaker 2: Weekend Hobknopping's for talking, can't resist yourself?
Speaker 1: Stuck socializing?
Speaker 3: You ever done anything dangerous?
Speaker 2: Ever dance with the devil in the panel line.
Speaker 4: Friday brings us weekend hob.
Speaker 2: No If anyone knows Hobnobin is Rich Davis, but I'll kick it off, hobnobin. It's my birthday weekend, so I'll be watching I don't know, let's gonna say, your birthday weekend. I'll be watching you get up. You're getting up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be doing something watching you cry in your candles. Yeah exactly. I don't know this one's hitting me.
Speaker 2: But UFC Fight Night, I love watching fights.
Speaker 3: I'll be doing that. Leave me alone.
Speaker 2: I'll watch them fights, Billy Ray, goff Ty Miller, UFC Fight.
Speaker 3: I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: That's on Saturday. You know what, Rich, because you've been talking about it, because I already started and invested on the show Ted last so season four, I'll check that out. You know last season fo I watched episode one. I thought three ended perfectly, and I'm like, oh, why are they doing four? The first episode is three years later and it really does. It's like a fresh start. So are you watch it? You're like, oh, this is.
Speaker 1: Michael runs this place.
Speaker 2: Was like, yep, it's good, but you got to finish season three first. We only have a few left on that. But that's the best part. I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm here and it's good. So I'll check it out. And you know what, over promised, that's our bonus pod. I thought we had a great show yesterday, episode one fifty we talk about awesome or get Daddy pitching celebrations on the Mound based on your boy in the Mets, Rich plus the Next Action Star and I love how you always put our show in your weekend Hobo. That's right, relationships during the football season. We break it down on over Promised right here on our YouTube page for free. All right, Quarterback Danny, there's a show on Netflix. I think I'm gonna watch well about Hard Knocks on HBO. On HBO, I think that's definitely worth to watch. And uh Comino, you love trashy reality shows? Did you see that? You know that how Howry Dousing this guy that he's on all these reality shows. There's a new Netflix dating show and all the girls in the show are very good looking, so you might want to watch it, sounds Mary Harry how.
Speaker 4: We all right?
Speaker 3: Rich?
Speaker 5: Also on HBO Monsters of God the guy who brought us Tiger King. This is about the underground world of animals smugly.
Speaker 2: That is something you would definitely watch. Daddy, all listen, We'll see you guys on Monday. Until that, have a great weekend, Aribadaci baby see you and the Promise man.
Speaker 3: Bye guys. Oh, happy birthday to me, Happy birthday