Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody. Welcome into Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I'm your host, Joe Rico, and today we are starting up a very exciting series ADP battles. I know that you guys get into draft rooms. Sould I select player A? Should I select player B? It's always a bit of a question. So today we're getting it started off with starting pitchers, and I don't think there's anybody better that we could have brought on than Nick Pollock and Inosarus. Here as we are going to be breaking down ten different starting pitcher debates. Fellas. I really appreciate you making the time today. How's it going.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, it's good to see Joe. We love this podcast. We've done it in multiple years. I think with you now so and you're the reason why we have the craft. So thank you appreciate.
Speaker 1: I'm a co parent. I guess there's one out of the I don't know how you'd want to put me in the custody agreement there, but yeah, a conversation a couple of years ago at First Pitch Arizona walking down a hallway with Eno. After we've had a couple of beers talking about podcasts, and there you go. Theft the craft exists now, so I'm taking some credit for that at least. EMO. Thank you so much for hopping on today. Man, how you doing, no problem?
Speaker 3: This is my favorite time of the year. I'm in Oh my god, I'm probably on the clock. I'm in like three slow drafts at the same time right now.
Speaker 2: We'll make a big live on the stream. It'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I will.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'll be slow drafts, quick drafts. There's I got a lot of stuff. We got tout wars tomorrow, there's an auction on Thursday. There's all kinds of stuff going on right now. And I know you guys are also getting ready for your drafts. So we are going to be breaking down a lot of starting pitcher battles today. I'm using Yahoo ADP, but these are also very close on a lot of different sites, but Yahoo is probably the most popular one, so we're picking from there. But I think these will apply regardless of where you are playing. And we're gonna get start off with kind of a hot one and it's gonna be those two pitchers who are going in and around the first round, and there will be some people who say I'm not taking a picture in the first round one way or another. There will be some people who say, whatever happens, I'm leaving with an ace in those first twelve or fifteen picks. So for those people, you know, we'll start with you. They're on the clock. Let's say it's pick thirteen fourteen, and you got Tarique Schooble and you got Paul Schmes up there. Who are you choosing from if you are going to take a picture in that range.
Speaker 3: Mmm, I'm going fal Skiens. Dude, I'm going false Skins. I don't, don't. It's really hard to make a decision between those two. I do think there's a little whiff of more health risk with Terry Skoogle. You're talking about two significant arm injuries that he's undergone in the last four or five years, and he has these kind of cross body mechanics that he fights, and he's always trying to not be his crossbody. And I don't know if that if that's the source of it, of some of it, or if you just throw that was really hard, you know. That's the other aspect of it is he throws really hard. He does have like a decent gap between. You know, he's kind of one of those guys who saved something in the tank and he like maxes out at like ninety nine, but it kind of sits ninety six, which is good. But and he seems like he's super healthy right now. But I that's where I ended up kind of because I think both of them in terms of arsenal's below strikeout rates. You know, situations home parks even are in ideal landing spots.
Speaker 1: Nick, you agree or you have a different opinion.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with scooball and it's just more for pitchability, for I trust his scoobl if I'm going for the first pitch on the draft as someone's just like, yeah, I know that you have a full arsenal to be able to get through anything that you've showcased that you can go six seven innings in games and be that workers already. And what's actually really interesting at pol skiings like we will watch him he go, oh yeah, this guy should be like a thirty five percent strikeout easy, no problem. You might be surprised to see that. Plv our projections here pitchro List have him in a sub thirty percent strike out rate, and I think that's because the forcinger doesn't get a ton of whiffs. It's more about horizontal movement surprize on that forcingers then actually allows for more contact on it when they're laid on, it kind of goes back towards the handle, which is great, good outs, but it's not actually the big strike up pitch that's a splinker really for Paul Skins and without I don't know, it doesn't have an absurd whiff slider right, it's good, but it's not this like, okay, cool, wait for this Dylancy slider coming. It doesn't make the full package quite yet for Paul Skins to say that, yes, this is clearly going to be a thirty five percent strike ouery guy. And then yeah, Scooble, I think is just more of a complete thing that I feel. Yeah, this is my SP one. I'm going to be totally fine with us.
Speaker 1: SP one and SP two for both of you guys though, or is there really Nick?
Speaker 2: Where's number two? For me?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: Every want to watch them in spring? That game, I was just like, this is yeah, it's just dumb. He's just dumb.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to Garrett Crochet later he is one of my favorites, top five guy for me. But that is something that I think you're differing from a lot of the industry on there, going with Crochet at number two. But I love it. I love it, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to the industry. I am the industry and I'm just kidding. I just I don't let it get biased.
Speaker 1: That's the way to do it. You know, if you're going to do your own rankings, it's good to not look at anybody else's, put your own down and then maybe look at other people's after see if you're way too high, way too low on a guy. But that is the way to do it. And you know you mentioned Garret Crochet. Let's jump right into that battle. We got a couple of former White Sox, then move to Red Sox, big Lefties. There's some comparisons here. I've heard Garrett Crochet refer to as Chris sale Light in some aspects, and they are going Nick looks a little bit of Paul there. We'll let I'm talk in a second. But big Lefty. I think that's where it comes from White Sox to Red Sox. I think that it doesn't go too much farther than that, but they're both going right around the same adp of thirty eight or thirty nine. Nick, we'll start with you on this one. What do you think about that? Com First of all, do you have a preference between the two of them this year? I guess you do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand it going from the White Sox, the Red Sox, lefties, dominant aces, all that kind of stuff. Untally get it. But what Garrick Crochet does is I'd like to draft pictures who you can just throw fastballs for strikes and guys can't hit them, Like that's yours. The stablest floor you could possibly owe for is, Yeah, the guy's just gonna throw the fastballs and like, well, I can't do that. And then he has a cutter off of that that looks just similar to it, and that was amazing just as a two pitch pitcher last year. And then he had the sweeper moved away from the traditional slider that was effective for him. He's also having the sinker now that is phenomenal against lefties. I mean, it's just he's dumb as a pitcher and I feel like he should just strike out ten guys every single time he pitch is better situation now in Boston. I would even argue that those I want to say that Fenway is worse and it's a bad place to pitch. Sure, but my understanding is that it should actually turn a lot of it's the left field that might be home runs into doubles. And when you talk about guys, especially at this kind of a level, what are the ways that they actually have a bad year Ray, It's not the doubles that burn them, it's the home runs. So there's some sort of suppression going on for home runs for greater Crochet. That's a good thing in my view, because then now they're on second, I'll just right on the next guy. I love Garrett Crochet. I really can't express this enough. It's such a fantastic season in a runway for him to just be the sp one and fantasy.
Speaker 1: You know, we've talked, I believe on the show last year, and I think it was in the Nick Paveta context about how Fenway is a weird park to pitch, and there's a lot of pitchers who don't love it.
Speaker 2: Necessarily.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit weird from a couple of different aspects, it's pretty unique park, and you concern on your part there of Crochet going to Boston and again that debate of Crochet versus Sale, do you lean one way or another?
Speaker 3: Here I ended up falling into this the situation with evaluating Fenway and thinking that it's actually some of it is like very sort of psychological because a lot of the pictures were saying, oh, you know, the mound is lower, and then when I started asking them about it, like oh, what do you mean by that? And like where's you know, where are you coming from? All that, they started talking about things about like how close the backstop was and like how there's no foul ground, and so they started talking about things that had nothing to do with the mound size anymore. And I realized that I just think that to some there's like a psychological aspect having talk to Garrett Crochet like that dude does not think like that, Like he is that he like he he has you can see it too. He has these dominant pitches and he just throws dominant pitches. You know. He's just the guy's like I just throw the I throw the ball real hard, dude. And I'm not saying he doesn't have touch and he can't add the sinker and all that stuff is good. But like he's he's it doesn't surprise me at all that he had this time as a reliever, Like he kind of has that, Like I come out here, I just throw my best pitches as hard as I can, and I get out, you know. So I actually don't think that Boston will be that much of a problem for him. And what also happened was the psychology you were just talking about, of consensus psychology. So I was just looking at this, and you know, Nick, you know, I could tell he's about to say that it's great Crochet over Chrissale and I'm not along with him, nodding along with him. I'm like, oh, yeah, totally, I totally agree with you. I look over my rankings. I have Sail ahead of Crochet and I'm like, why do I have Saale ahead of Crochet? And I look across and I'm like, Okay, Crochet has better stuff. Plus Crochet has a lower era projected, Crochet has a higher strikeout ray projected. What am I doing here? And then I was like, oh, it's got to be innings, right, And I'm like, well, I gave great Crochet one hundred and sixty two innings and I gave Chris Sale one hundred and ffty six. Is people cannot forget that Chris Sale is often injured guy too. You know, Chris Sale was the guy before Crochet that couldn't get healthy, you know, like you know, So if I've got Crochet for more innings and more strikeouts and a lower era, I just I just flipped them in the ranks. So oh no, But is this consensus that's happening? Is you know, am I not being beholden to my to my own ranks? Is that what's happening? Is this is how consensus?
Speaker 2: What are the ranks vibes?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 1: It's interesting because both of them do have that kind of injury risk to some extent. Crochet with a huge innings jump. I understand being a little bit skeptical, and he's also very expensive. But the talent, like you guys have laid out, it's unimpeachable. He is brilliant, he really is. Nick.
Speaker 2: I've really got to emphasize the White Sox did everything you could ever dream of for Garrett Crochet to be healthy. Now, I mean, they just let him go three four innings for the entirety of the second half, despite all of our fantasy teams being so upset. They didn't mean giving him an opener.
Speaker 1: They just give him.
Speaker 3: But he didn't shut him down completely. They didn't like pitch him. They pitched him the full season, just not the full season, which is I think probably ideal. Like you still kept him on this schedule, like made him stretch out, you know, and they didn't fully stop them. If you fully stop in pitching, the ramp back up is so hard. Absolutely for every week that you're not doing anything, there's like three weeks of getting back on track.
Speaker 1: So we have a consensus. I think of Garrett Crochet as much as Chris Sale, I think is probably fairly safe. The age is a little bit worrying. You can't just ignore all the things that he's done in the past. There's not like, I don't think a huge like elbow risk or whatever, but there's just been a lot of different injuries and at his age you just never really know. But that's an interesting one and it's interesting to see EEno make that flip here live on the air. I always love to see things like that happen before we keep going. I want to remind you guys about the Draft Wizard. You got to use Draft Wizard to get expert rankings, perform quick mock drafts, and receive real time advice during your draft to build a winning team. Practice your draft strategy in minutes at any time with fast, realistic mock drafts powered by expert insights. Get live draft advice and player recommendations every time you're on the clock. So if you're ready to win, heat to fantasypros dot com slash MLB Draft Wizard or download our app MLB Draft Wizard today and start drafting smarter, not harder. All right, here's an interesting one. We're gonna pit a couple of big dogs. One of them I'm very interested in this year, and that's Jacob de Gram, And we're gonna go up against Nick's guy, and that's Cole Reagan's. They're both going right around ADP of forty eight in some high stakes drafts. Jacob de Gram will go up higher. And if you see a couple of one hundred mile an hour radar gunshots who knows where main events season, we'll have him going. But you know, we'll kick it back to you to start off this one, Jacob Degram or Cole Reagan's at an ADP of around forty eight.
Speaker 3: You know, this is one of those ones too in the in the projections, I owe lower projected era, higher projected strikeout raid for Jake Degram. That settles it, and I won't I won't wander over to the Oh, my god, the inn category. My god, what is this? I mean, like de Gram has like been so amazing, you know, in when he's been in, but it's been like fifty innings, you know, over the last three years or something. So it's like, I don't know, I don't know what number you put there. I put one hundred and thirty two innings next to him. For Reagan's, I have one hundred and seventy six. You know, I do think that if one was like, you know, a back end rotation guy, then I would take one hundred and thirty innings. I still have de Grom fairly high, but when you have Cole Reagan's, the extra fifty innings could be a big difference. I mean that's wins. You know, you strikeouts as a quantity, even if maybe by rate, de Grahm is higher. So I like Reagan's a lot even in One thing that did bug me was that Reagan's lost more velo over the last last season. Of course last season than any other starting pitcher. But I believe Nick said that he had some fixes for that. He thought in his low line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I talked to Reagan's about he was saying that it was more about his bottom half and not his arm, which is good. He was saying it was mechanical. I personally just think it was fatigue and effects in different ways, and I think the time was a little bit different for it. But Reagan's didn't have any like in this off season was like, I'm fine, I'm all good. I'm just I am ramping back up normally, which is fun and it's weird for me to not be in on the ray guns pew pew pew. But I think this is really important of a question as a fantasy manager. Are you in a draft and home, Are you in a best ball league? Are you in a super deep league? I personally do my rankings based on a twelve teamer, and I think that's the most consistent one in the twelve team or shallower or actually at wing our users more than say fifteen teamers in deeper right, So with that in mind, you have to understand that what you're gaining with de Gram, which is not your other like your number five starter one thirty innings, It's that you're getting to Gram at five six innings, and then he stops, and then it's Il and then you get that replacement. And if you think about these players as a roster spot as opposed to as a player, well, we're thinking Cole Reagan's with that innings projection to be throughout the entire season, but then it's dea Gram plus whoever you get in this year, the sp pool is as deep as I've ever seen it. I mean, the quality of a replacement pitcher is insanely good relative to the top end here. So I'm actually favoring to Graham for this reason that I have this guy that I know is quality and going to be absurdly good. We saw him throw ninety nine in September last year, like he's good to go. Not to mention, de Gram was a workhorse until twenty twenty one, and then he had the precursor to TJ that took him out for a little bit. I think there's another injury fair, but then he had the TJ after that, So it's realy two injuries to me that he's had over the course of the last four years, and now he has a healthy elbow. I know that sounds weird to say, like, well, maybe du Gram isn't just like destined for fifty innings or something like that. I know you said one thirty two. I love one thirty two. My gosh, one hundred and thirty two d Grom plus whoever comes in for another forty whatever it is after that.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, oh my gosh, put it around me and give me some hot co coke because I'm cozy.
Speaker 3: That's a still managed to be like back in top twenty five guy last year with one hundred and thirty five innings.
Speaker 2: That's oh my gosh. So I'm in a da Gram. I know you are Joe too, but I just think this is such a good quality. And also know you as a manager in May, you were going to be regretting not having d Grom. You're just going to see your buddy over there be like, oh, I just got eight innings in twelve stregas Grom. You're like, what am I doing? Why did you know? That's what it's going to be called. But hey, I'll take Cole Reagan's all day too. I think he's spent on both inside of my top ten. So I'm a big with.
Speaker 1: With de Gram. It's like you said it, Nick, when we were doing that podcast together in Arizona. It was FTN podcast that you don't give me the guy who has the clean elbow. He is when he's healthy, the best pitcher in baseball. And I think, honestly, maybe I'm reading too much into the comp but why can't he do what Verlander did a couple of years ago and what Chris Sale did last year at an older age coming off of injuries. Everybody's kind of down and out on you. Why can't Jacob to Grom be the sp one growing one hundred and thirty and forty innings?
Speaker 3: The list for second Tommy John's is worse.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the problem. But it was how long ago was his first Tommy John? It was a good while back, wasn't It.
Speaker 3: Was in college?
Speaker 1: College? Right? Yeah? Does that make a difference the space between them?
Speaker 2: No, like second Timmy John. The data is weird. We're changing how we're using the picture.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like they don't know what to really make out of second.
Speaker 3: The best the best one so far is Navy vol Me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah about Reagan's What about Reagan's.
Speaker 3: Revision?
Speaker 2: I think he had he had his first one and it wasn't good and they had to redo it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does that count as too or is that count still counts one?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're going on.
Speaker 3: Yes, Strider is an interesting case too, because they it didn't tear fully and so he got only I think the internal brace, and so it's that that might be a one point five. Who knows?
Speaker 1: Who knows these days with the braces and the Tommy I mean, we don't even with o Tani too, and until I go off subject, but like, do we ever even were we ever even told exactly what his procedure was?
Speaker 3: That was a brace too? I was really annoyed about that. Just tell us, come on.
Speaker 1: Tell us, what's the secret for I don't know.
Speaker 2: He had a very normal doctor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's yes, that's the kind of details we got. It's like, what, no, what was this surgery? Dude?
Speaker 1: Hard to keep track anymore. But those are kind of the elite battles we're gonna go through today inside the top fifty eightp But let's keep it going with Shota Imanaga versus Logan Web, two guys that I think are both pretty solid, pretty stable options. You get more strikeouts with a Monaga Web, more of the ground ball guy. Nick, We'll start with you on this one strong preference between these two.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lead Imanaga. I'm a little surprised that his four seemer didn't get a ten percent plus swing striker against lefties or righties last year, but I do love the fact of how consistent that splitter is. And yes, I believe in a splitter. It's amazing. I know as a number two pitch, but this is just one of the best and most consistent ones. And then I was actually really impressed by his sweeper against lefties. And it's a two pitch mix that should work on both both handedness matters consistently. It's a great situation for him, and with Logan Web actually myself liking him more as I looked further into him. He had horrible luck on his change up last year. The ICR marks that is the ideal contact allowed, which is just a better version for hard hit rate. I jumped up massively on this change despite actually not really utilizing it any differently and having still amazing PLV marks and everything. And I think it's because Batters became ready for it. Finally they knew that Logan Web was just like, I'm going to throw sixty change ups in a game guy, So he actually had to change what he was doing a bit and worked in a bit more of those sliders involved with obviously the sink or two and it kind of and it worked. But I feel like now Web can come back and get better luck on that change up with his better mix now and just I like them both. By the end of the day. I feel like Web, we saw a one oh six whip and then we saw the one twenty three, and it's just yeah, you are going to allow more hits because you are a ground ball guy. Ground ball guy, right, that's just your nature. While Imanaga is extreme flyball Rickley helps him, uh, and it's it generally seems to me you have a better whip with Managa. Maybe he's close to the same strikeouts just due to a volume of Web, but there's more potential of Web hurting you for a full year like his one twenty three. What did over as many innings as he did than in Minaga, who would have to be more of the era side of the home. It's really become a massive problem from over the years. So that's why I'm leaning in Minaga over Web.
Speaker 1: You know, you got a stuff plus got a little bit of facelift recently and Logan webs change up is at one oh nine. Now that is his best pitch according to Stuff. Is that where you're leaning into that change up with Web? Or are you going on the Emanaga side here?
Speaker 3: This is This is amazing because it's like a philosophical question. I mean, this is this is a there's a path.
Speaker 1: On the road.
Speaker 3: These these these pictures are not the same. Oh this is Logan Web is a throwback back to you know, the eighties when we had lower strikeout rates and everybody wanted a great change up like he has. And you know, Shota is like kind of like where we went with the sport after that. You know, high ride for seamer of a splitter coming off of it and more strikeouts and homers, and you know, I'm a little surprised. The whips conversation is interesting because ground botherers do have higher whips usually, but they're projected for like a difference of like one one point one ish for for Shota and like one point one four ish for Webs. So like, and I could look at last year's number for Web and say, well, they didn't really have a shortstop all year, and now they're gonna have Willie Damis, and like the guy that was their shortstop is going to be much better defensively at the second base. This might be a way better defensive infield, you know, all around. Just with that that change, and then I just have in terms of projections, I have a like three point five for Logan Web and Era and a three point nine three point eight eight for Showta, So like, I'm going to take that, and I think that that bulk is where I get some of those strikeouts back. And sometimes when you're think of talking about like you know, a roster slot versus a player, I think about this also, like if you play in a weekly league and you have the choice between Logan Web and someone might give up more homers or a reliever for example, And some people might say, well, a Logan Web start, you may not get more strikeouts than a reliever. The problem is that Logan Web goes seven deep a lot, you know, and so yes, his strikeout per batter might not be like great, but in terms of a roster slot for that week, you can still expect five or six strikeouts. Can you expect five or six strikeouts from a reliever that you put it in there instead?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe sometimes not always, Sometimes they get us once, you know. So in terms of like a roster spot, what you can get when you put Logan Web in is a really good chance to win five or six strikeouts really low lyra I think that's really dependable. And what I find also is that there are more sort of health risks that are super exciting in the top in like the first ten fifteen than usual, or maybe just just where the game is headed. Your crochets and your sales. Like those guys, if you started with a crochet, you should probably back them up with the Logan Web as opposed to backing up with Showtai Monic. I think because you're starting to layer risk a little bit. So I just love Logan Web in this like grouping of kind of like Pablo Lopez, Aaron Nola, like, you know, these guys are going to be pretty good and give you a lot of innings and could really back you up really nicely if you took.
Speaker 1: A risk of your first guy very high floor. Yeah, like at the grom webpairing. I kind of like that if you do something like that, I kind of dig it, Nick, What do you think I mean?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I call it by the way, I moved Web back and forth multiple times, and I had like Webin and Minaga close and I think by the end I had it not too far away.
Speaker 2: It is interesting to hear about, right, adamis coming in at shore. You got Chapman there third two. That does make me more inclined than again, he's always pretty much had this eight hyper nine. It's just like, it's what Web does. And I don't want to get too optimistic that Web is going to figure out exactly which what is pitch mix is last year.
Speaker 3: The cutter is good, I think the cutter is good, and the cutter is going to be That's that's that's what the upside is. If the cutter is good, I could see him pushing the strike out right to like twenty two to twenty three. He's done that before, right, So the other aspect is that something I wasn't really working to my rankings about in Monaga. But I just it's just in my head is that your we do see Japanese pitchers in their second year be affected by the increased to workload the previous year, right they And I didn't want to act on that because I am actually really optimistic on you know, it's just overall skill set, like it just works, this works really well. I'm not gonna I don't. I personally don't have that three to nine, which I get because of the home run rates. But even with the amazing season of storr of the year that Monaga had last year, it was still a fantastic run Even after and including that what Niner running game and all those others, it was still like a three four year a after that. So including that blow up, I just think that Managa is just those three pitches work.
Speaker 2: That's that's good and that will get over velocity and everything. It works.
Speaker 3: I think the fast is getible and that his like brand of high ride fastball is like more and more gettible for hitters, like they more they now have a strategy when it comes to ride.
Speaker 2: They know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I target at the top half of the ball. I do this, I had this move, I have this, I do this. I'm I'm flattered with my swing whatever it is. I think that they've all figured out coping mechanisms for that type of fastball, and then if you take away some of the power of the ride, what you got left is a ninety one mile on our fastball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The rule of thumb, I mean, I can't really go against this, you know, because I think your real thumb is do they throw ninety bye? I'm out. It's a pretty good rule. Oh man, what is webs? It's like ninety two? Right, ninety two? Ninety three? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, who well you managa no, no, no, web.
Speaker 2: But it's a sinker, really not. He doesn't throw his sports anymore. Thankfully he doesn't should not touch it.
Speaker 3: Still, it still got about a mile per hour on chota.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, am I the only one who occasionally in my head we'll say, Brandon web? Is that just a me thing?
Speaker 2: I'll go to sleep saying it.
Speaker 1: I just called it.
Speaker 3: Chris Chris Bryant, Kobe Bryan Pond this morning.
Speaker 1: That's right, I MA, that's awesome. Let's keep it going and we're gonna lean heavily into injury risk here at ADP of around eighty six. Max Freed versus Tyler Glass. Now, you know you, when we did a show together, the same kind of show last year, you listed off all the things that Max Freed had wrong with him and the chances of elbow injuries recurring. He's dealt with four arm problems the last couple of seasons. I'm kind of worried about him. But then there's Tyler Glass now, who doesn't exactly give you that warm and fuzzy feeling. So if forced to choose between these two, let's call it the fifth, sixth, seventh round kind of range, depending on leagu's siye, who are you leaning with? Between Max Freed and Tyler Glass? Now?
Speaker 3: I have them literally next to each other, and I have Glass now one spot ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just I think there's been the reading between the lines. I think there's been good news. And sometimes we're not doctors and we have to play along and try to figure these things out. But you know, he went on a radio show Tyler Glass now did during the playoffs and said, yeah, no, everything's fine. And then and then when he first reported the spring, he said something like Yeah, it wasn't ever torn or anything. It was just, you know, all the news has been good so far and I had and I feel good. So that's and then I what I can point to is that he was kind of I think it was like the twenty first best starting pitcher last year if you look retroactively, and I if you look under the hood, he could have done better than he had last year, like a three four five ERA with all the strikeouts he could have, Like Sierra says, he deserved a two ninety RA, you know, and Sierra's actually a pretty powerful stat for how old it is and uh it's skill indiactive era on Fangrass and it's still a pretty pretty powerful, pretty predictive stat two ninety RA. So if Gosta comes back and only gives you, only gives you one hundred and thirty five innings, but this year it's more like the three ten or the two ninety that he deserved last year, then he's going to be better than the twenty first pitcher at the end of the season and he's going around there. So you know, that's where your upside is is same as last year. Totals wise, with Freed, I do have more innings for him, but I have an era that's projected to be higher like A like you know, a third of three point three higher. And I have FREEDA has never given the strikeout rate that a Glass now does. So you have to think about that too. Is that like if they if you give both the same amount of innings, you're going to get like twenty fewer strikeouts from from Freed And that's a category.
Speaker 1: So any ballpark concerns the Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: I mean the ball flies out of Atlanta to to some degree. And there's something he's I think he does have some homer suppression in his arsenal, and I think it's friendlier to left handed batters in New York and he's lefty, Like what do you think I think it'll be all?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm favorable and both they're both inside my top fifteenth and the two spots separating. It goes back to the initial thing before is do you want are you in a shallow in a league that you want to go for the quality per game. It might be a little bit different though with Glass now, because you might see a six mint rotation, you might see them skiff a start or so as opposed to just a flat IL stint, and that has me a little not as into that as I would want to be for Glas now. For that reason, I think Max Freed is just massively undervalued. He had a three thirty eight ARRA last year and everyone goes, oh my god, oh it's terrible, and that was the highest he's had in I think ages and maybe his rookie season. He's also someone that needs to rev up, and we see this every single April typically, but then he won the IL and then he needed a couple of starts to actually get back to where he was and that's the difference of his era is really him coming back from the IL and reving up again, and that's it's Max Freed. He also has room to grow even with this change up that used to be there a bit. It lagged behind him against rities, also dealing with lefties with a little stranger last year. Honestly, I think he's just gonna throw more cutters inside of lefties and sorry not cutters as sinkers inside of lefties and that should be great. I also want to point out that the i L injury that he had, I als think that Max Freed had was inflammation, not a tear. It wasn't a strain in that time either, And the Yankees signing him the way that they did would not be doing that if they felt that this was actually a ticking time bomb of an elbow injury. So I have a lot of faith in this and I see it as this is such a.
Speaker 3: Great way that flexor injury was. It was not a strange just better with Freed. The flexor injury was not a strain, it was it was a arm.
Speaker 2: Elbow inflammation is what I have here. You're talking about the one before, the previous Yeah, yeah, the one before I'm talking about last year's Okay, that was elbow information. So I am talking to Stephen Lyman about strains. Strains in the past two they heal, and if they're healed, then they're good. We've seen that from Zach Wheeler. We've seen that from Zach Allen, and I feel good about this right now in this way of just what Max Free's health is. So I think this is an amazing situation right now. He's on the Yankees, which obviously not much different from Atlanta. But this is your like e a whip king with you know, strike out an ending like tons of winds. I love this from Max Free getting him everywhere I can. It's just kind of do I want the upside quality per inning with glasnow more? And so I think I have Freed eleven and glassnow at thirteen just.
Speaker 1: To be Devil's advocate, Like, you know, do the repetitive injuries to the arm, whether it's strange like however, whatever the severity is, do the year on year injuries to the arm combined with the new destination do they maybe give you some pause? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. And that did factor in a little bit. And so I've had this, I've read this period research that suggests that that forearm strains are precursors to Tommy John. So it's just sort of what we've seen in the marketplace. But you know, there's a couple of interesting things about that. Is there something underlying in the mechanics that's doing this that's rather than the actual injury leading to the next thing, you know what I mean, Like they doing something wrong that then leads to TJ rather than the actual injury leading to the next So I think that's really interesting from linement about you know, what happens once this thing is healed. The other aspect of this is like there's a philosophical question is like how long does something matter to you in terms of health? Because we have Zach Wheeler to a lot of people's annoyment annoyance. In my rankings, I've been using Jeff Zimmermann's health ratings and Zach Wheeler has the same health rating. I forget who was there's two seventy seven percenters.
Speaker 2: They were like, yeah, that's a low one though.
Speaker 3: Seventy seven, Yeah, it's seventy seven is a little bit low. They just thought that's low. Let me see who it could have been. Got Ryan Pepio at seventy seven, Ronaldo Lopez at seventy six, Gavin Williams at seventy seven. So yeah, do you think of Wheelers healthier than those guys? And I think most people, if you didn't show them anything, would say, hey, yeah, yeah, Wheeler's a study's a horse, he's a guy. But then one of the inputs into Zimmerman's thing is have you ever had an arm injury or have you ever had dj you know, like, how many elbow injuries have you had? Period? And not how long ago were they? They he does have a little separation where he's like, have you ever had it? And then you have had it in the last two years. If you had the last two years, it's worse. If you've ever had it, it's still in there. So that's that's what I wonder. How much of that is true? Is it still in there somewhere? Is there something in Maxwreeths mechanics that lead that led to that strain that will lead to something worse later? You know? Is it still in there somehow even if the thing itself has healed. I don't know the answer to that, and I think that's what makes health forecasting so hard. But since you're comparing him to an other guy who gets hurt a lot, you know, I have a difference in innings of like twenty innings. To me, once that happens, I'm I'm like, Okay, neither these guys gets an a for me health wise, So I'll just take I'll just take what I think will better innings in glass.
Speaker 1: Now, is there something to be said about a picture who has just been healthy for so many years then they're just kind of due for an injury? There is that just I know it's not analytical. It's not about the speed or about anything like that. But is there something to be said about He's been healthy for six years in a row. Pictures can't stay healthy. He's just due. Is that? Is that crazy to say? You know?
Speaker 2: The worst thing that we do as analysts is trying and figure out health and volume. It's just oh gosh.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the day, really everybody listening is go with your gut about it. I sandye al Qatara is just all right, here's a horse.
Speaker 3: He's a horse's horse, and then he goes down. Verlander pitched so many innings.
Speaker 2: Right, it's just you can't, you can't, and good luck everyone.
Speaker 3: Generally good though. I think that's good.
Speaker 2: We'll be here when you need someone. When they go down, come talk to us.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. We're gonna keep it going in a second, but first I want to round you guys about our Draft Assistant. Use it to make the best decisions during your fantasy draft. It connects directly to your draft and provides both real time pick suggestions and estimations on which players might get taken before your next pick. The Draft Assistant fully integrates your customized cheat sheets and suggest picks based on your rankings, team build, adp and other factors. Experience a smarter way to draft at fantasypros dot com, slash Assistant or on the MLB Draft Wizard app. All right, guys, we're gonna be a little bit more rapid fire in the second half here or else they're going to start yelling at me for going long on this one. But let's go on to Luis Castillo versus Spenser Schwellenbach and Nick we'll start with you on this one.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, okay, I've been I got myself a little bit lower on Schwellenbach talking to Eric Smolski because he said, who are the most who are the pictures who are most likely to be busts?
Speaker 2: It's like, oh damn, Spencer Schollenbach. And I love what Schwallenbach does. He has a white arsenal, multiple whip pitches, throws ninety six. You like that, you know it's ninety six. It's great, but it actually is the more hittable fastball, which is weird. And also, as if, I don't like ninety six either, But it's a great situation. And Atlanta's gonna go every five days gonna gets some wins. It's all there. And I'm a big fan of Spencer Swallenbach, while with Luis Castillo, it seems so strange to me to have Nola, Gallon and Castillo outside of my top thirty for the first time ever, just because these are all pitchers to me, who yes, they will be productive for your teams. It's just what is the line of Hey, twelve teamer versus fifteen teamer? What kind of whip and earra am I okay? With what kind of risk am I putting myself into them getting worse as opposed to be better? And with Castillo, we saw the degrading fastball, We've seen his change of just not be the pitch that it used to be. It all has all, it has all the signs of this getting worse before things improve. So I have Swallenbach ahead of Castillo. I don't know if I love that. I am going to assume that Seattle being the anti Corps is still going to be a thing, so at least you've got that going for you. But I just think that Spencer Swellenbach is a super talented arm who has all the tools at his disposal. Really good command too, and is just primed to be that fantastic hundred and seventy inning guy that you wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Still worries me. The fastball velo has gone down each of the last three seasons. The swinging strike rate went way down. I worry a little bit about starting him away from home. At home, You're not worried at all, but the splits between I mean, all Mariner's pitchers were very drastic home and away last year. You know, any concern about Castillo now as he's into his mid kind of thirties versus the up and ascending specter Swellenbach.
Speaker 3: Oh, as an older man myself, Yes, I'm concerned about that. But you know, one thing that was really strange about his season last year was that he for some reason started throwing the slider softly. And I don't know, I think he actually even said something that like somebody told him it would be better that way, and so he kind of opened the season with a slider in the eighty fives and eighty five is kind of a magic number where all sliders are better after over eighty five, And I don't really know why he was doing that, And at some point he started throwing it hard again, and he was doing it more sort of eighty eight, eighty seven, eighty eight like he used to. And if you just kind of cut the season off where he started throwing the slider harder, you get better numbers overall. You get a what is this here, a twenty four percent k rate, you know, and you get a three five ERA. And I think that, like just generally he's better with that, with that side of the way it was he figured that part out. I'd like his arsenal. I know his change up isn't as good, but I think he still has change up sinker in him. And he also has four seam slider. I think he's got such a high floor because of his park. I have him comfortably ahead of schwan Bach. I don't know where necessarily. Maybe the three seven five RA projection for Schwambach is off, but that's the number I've got, And so schwam Black is more, you know, around Hunter Green for me, which is love them, excited about them, but down a little bit lower, whereas Luis Castillo is back in that Pablo Lopez logan web area where I'm like, this is really bankable innings. I just think it's it's it's again. It's a floor versus ceiling argument again, like Nick has been saying, it's right, the smaller league, the less you care about floor. My biases are towards deeper leagues. I do care about floor. So that's that that I'll show up in my rankings.
Speaker 1: It's totally fair. Let's keep it going. And this one is also more of a younger guy versus an older guy type of argument. Grayson Rodriguez and Sonny Gray. Grayson Rodriguez hasn't really turned into that ace level pitcher like a lot of people thought he was going to, at least not initially. Still absolutely potential for it, but he hasn't quite lived up to expectations. Sonny Gray just had one of his best seasons at age of thirty five or thirty six. He hit the thirty percent strikeout right. Nick and I were talking about this before we started recording, just really fantastic stuff. It's kind of a tricky one going right around pick one hundred and five. This one we will start with Eno. I've probably mixed it up who I'm starting with on each one here, but let's we'll go back to Eno for this one. Spccer.
Speaker 3: We're supposed to be faster too. We're supposed to be fast, all right, So this early two for me, it's super super easy. I want Grayson Rodriguez. I can't believe that they're actually next to each other in the rankings. I don't know this. It actually sort of boggles my mind a little bit. I do think that what happened with Sunny Gray is that he started throwing that sweeper like forty percent of the time so much, so much, and what we saw in the playoffs, or it was the playoffs last year or just the end of the season or the playoffs before, we've seen We've seen batters start to get better at that. We've seen the batters get better at sweepers across the league generally every year they reach at them less and they swing at them more on the strike zone, and so they're getting used more used to the sweeper shape. So I think that's going to happen for him this year. I think that like, yes, it is this one great shining duel he has, which is this amazing breaking ball, but everything around it is not as great anymore. He's getting older. Grayson Rodriguez has has come to camp with the sweeper. The one thing he was missing was something that got right. He's out. He has reverse splits because he has a great change up. But you're telling me, I now have a guy the four seam, a sinker. He can maybe even bring the cutter back in. Gotta have a sweeper, and he has a plus change. That's a big wide arsenal with Velo with command. I think he's you know, I think last year when we did this, we had a question of like, who's somebody that's outside of the top twenty five that could jump in. That's Grace and Rodriguez from me. In fact, he's in my top twenty five because I think this is the year for him. I think he's just on the cusp of a breakout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that. I mean, Grayson Arreganz doesn't need to have that cutter. He used to throw one, but it was like eighty six. It wasn't like a hard cutter. And for an elite extension guy like Grasa Arriguez, it throws ninety six plus. I think he throws ninety eight, like what works out that you know, ninety three or something and just just slightly different to get that strip pick because that's what's happening with Grayson Rodriguez. He doesn't have reliable strip pitches outside of that fastball, and the fastball should be missing all these bats, but it's not because the guys are just going up there and looking for the fastballs. Why this changeup that is not located well right now to lefties is doing so well because they're just selling out for that heater a ton and having something that's a little bit more deceptive at the near velocity ban like a sinker. I would say against right handers, two is going to do wonders for him. And I have to imagine, even though the cutter is the legendary thing of the Baltimore orioles Bane, I guess whatever, over the years where they banned them from throwing them, I think they're a little bit more more. They liked it a lot more than they used to. Now with Sunny Gray. What's crazy is you can look at put away rates just for strikeouts. He had a thirty percent strike out right out of nowhere, and you can just look at how efficient in a two strike count, how often does this pitch strike the batter route That is a putaway rate. Let me see like twenty five percent. It's like, oh man, that's really good. Good job. Twenty eight percent on the sweeper last year you got underneath lefties. But the sinker to four seamers had forty percent. And it's not like he thok like five of them like he did backdoor sinkers to right handers, and a forty percent rate is just absurd. There's I've never actually seen that on a regularly used pitch.
Speaker 3: So that's going to be pitching backwards in a way like he's. Yeah, they're all keyed in on the sweeper because he's throwing it so often, so he's and then.
Speaker 2: Van there comes to the sinker back door and it's like, oh, that's going to be a thing now, okay, cool, great, we're going to change this and I'll let it be forty percent called strike strike three here, So yes, you're gonna see that put away rate get worse, which means the strike every gets worse, which means Sunny Gray is and that great and then yeah, Chris is gonna be ace.
Speaker 1: So can't wait unanimous. I mean I came in kind of thinking it's close, but you guys have kind of talked me talked me off the sunny Gray ledge. I think I am going to be more on the Grayson's side. I look at the career numbers and I think they like they leave a bit to be desired. If like the average person is going to look and say, okay, it's a four eleven era is a one twenty nine career whip. I think the average person will be kind of put off if they're not digging deep. But that's why we do these shows. Ladies and gentlemen. Make sure you're subscribing so you can get all the greatest intel. Let's keep it going though, and we're gonna talk about a couple of guys who have switched jerseys over the years, guys that have at various times both been close to my heart, and that's Robbie Ray and Kevin Gosman.
Speaker 2: It's far and away Robbi Ray to me, I think he's a much better pitcher since since with the Jay's and then going off to Seattle. I mean, he's been stellar. He came back from Tommy John last year, had like one or two weird starts, but otherwise was great. And yeah, he's gonna get all these strikeouts. It's a good situation. In San Francisco, like Robbie Ray's what you want Kevin Gosman to be. Like, we're hoping Kevin Gosman's like Robbie Ray, and he won't be. So I'm going Robbie Ray.
Speaker 3: All day here, like perfect no notes I had. You know, Goswin has almost a run higher Sierra, and he had a ten point five percent swinging strike rate last year and Ray had a sixteen percent swinging strike rate. I know which number I prefer. So the fastball is also for Ray is going in the right direction. He gained some ticks back after the ve though, after the surgery, whereas Gossmin's is just dropping and dropping dropping. At some point, I think he may even have like a disastrous season, like in terms of disaster season percentage, like I think Gosman's is higher the latest that for me.
Speaker 1: Know, let's keep it going now with just a couple more left and another two guys who IM really invested in both of them this year to be honest, and that's Zach Efflin and Brandon Fought, both both going around one eighty five to one ninety range. You know, let's start with you on this one. Brandon Fought the young and ascending guy who the underlying numbers are very good, Versus Zach Efflin, who's maybe a little bit boring but maybe a little bit more reliable. You have a preference between the two of them.
Speaker 3: I'm taking neither right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Versus the board. I'm either shopping in other places or I don't know. I haven't. I have zero shares of them right now. And the problem for me is Brandon Fott still doesn't have an approach versus lefties that I that I trust. I keep waiting for something he needs to add something. He did add the sinker, and that made him great against Righty's. He's kind of a sinker sweeper guy against Righty's. Against lefties, he's just throwing the kitchen sink and hoping it works. And I don't. I don't. I don't know that it's going to be any better this year. I if he really came out and was like, oh, guys, you've got to see my cutter, I think I would listen because that that could that could change things for him. If he like was like I'm gonna rea, I'm gonna emphasize my curve, I might listen because it's his Chaine Up's not very good.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Eflyn is a bad fastball, older guy that is just trying to dance all around his breaking balls, and like he wants all he wants to do is throw his breaking ball. But he has to throw the fastball enough. And I think those guys the disaster percentage again, you know, is there because at some point they just ignore the fastball and start hitting the sliders, you know, And he's kind of close to that line. I feel like where they're just going to stop paying attention to his fastball. Any case, neither one of them has like standouts in terms of projections or arsenal mixes or anything that kind of makes me want to take them.
Speaker 1: They would.
Speaker 3: I would take them if they fell to me, And in that case, I would prefer I guess fought because he's younger. Something could go right. Fastball is a little bit better.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, thoughts. Seems to be like kind of an industry darling this year. I've seen him a on a lot of sleeper lists. But it doesn't seem like either of you guys agreed. Nick, you don't, You're shicking your head.
Speaker 2: No, There's so many reasons why I love this man. And Alice was so ready for him to, like when we talked about him last week, to be like, oh gosh, you li Fought, don't you?
Speaker 3: Because Nord But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same exact thing I've just he's a guy who's who can get really good command at times, get into that rhythm and just lowcate this perfectly in that one perfectly and it's great and he goes in these little stretches there and goes, well this. It reminds me of Jorn Montgomery then of just Jorn Montgomery would have these moments and then like Okay, he's great now, no no, no, hold hold on, he stills kind of a lot of problems that he still hasn't quite figured out right, And yeah, until Fought finds a proper weapon against left handers, yeah you're gonna have some problems there. I both I have both of them underneath my top eighty, believe it or not. It's also because in twelve Teamers, the way it's structured for me is at fifty to fifty five is like, these are guys I'm not dropping the entire year, like I'm drafting this, I'm not dropping them. Then after that for the next like twenty or so is all about ceiling. It's just about what who do I think is possible to be amazing for my team and not dropped ever. And I can also make a quick decision on them in the season. I can know in the first week or two and maybe even before the season starts that I am.
Speaker 3: Wanted to or not going to be decision making exactly.
Speaker 2: So they're after that group. So I'm putting them outside of that easy decision category because I don't think we're gonna see that from Thought, and with Eflyn, I have slightly higher because I do think that Eflyn will be valuable as a win guy for the Orioles. Like he's not. I think he's a Toby. He'll be fine, you know. And I think a lot of teams, especially in twelve teamers, if you draft e Flyn, you probably aren't gonna drop him. While with Thought is gonna have like a series of three games you just go what is this? What is this? And you're gonna rage quitting.
Speaker 3: Or you know, he's gonna make a lot of people look smart by starting the season with that.
Speaker 2: I just I just so I don't know, maybe we're gonna be looking super dumb and thoughts off. So I'm gonna be the greatest thing ever, But I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I think for me, I'm definitely more interested in e Flyn and it comes down to just whip. I'm really focused on Whip. The last three years, the whips are under one twenty in every season. As I pulled him up here one fifteen, one oh two, one twelve. The stuff is about average. It's a good team. I don't think he's amazing, but I think it's like an SP five or six. I think I'm more interested than you guys are personally fought. I think it's just that's interesting that.
Speaker 2: You can grind out a start whip.
Speaker 3: Whip is also underrated. When I first started, Whip was my was my darling. You know. That's how That's how I spotted the starting pitchers back in two thousand and two in my first fantasy draft, I was using whip to identify the sleepers, and then John Legaza, who writes at The Athletic, recently found that whip actually is one of the better predictive stats. Still, So I mean, what do you what are you trying to do? You're trying not to give up walks and hints in an inning. You know, probably if you're good at that, you're good. You're a good picture.
Speaker 1: The strikeouts aren't going to blow you away. It's not amazing, but I think you can stabilize some of the some of the whips later on. But we'll have to revisit this one later on. If I'm betting on this, you guys are probably right, but I'm gonna I'm gonna still draft that one here and there.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I think we're both on the same page or a better. It's just not really something we're not going to target.
Speaker 3: I have thought I had, yeah, but I don't think. I don't think people are drafting them. I mean, I've fought in the like at fifty.
Speaker 2: So it's probably not yeah, right exactly.
Speaker 3: I was gonna be drafted off of my rankings.
Speaker 1: Let's finish it off with one more, a couple more darlings of mine, Christopher Sanchez and Ryan Pepio. There was some talk about Sanchez adding a pitch. I want to say it was a cutter that change up, especially in that stuff. Plus update looks really really good, you know, and I think that he's just a really good pitcher and a good situation. Pepio. I don't like him as much, but somebody that I still landed on here and there. I think the skills are still very good for both of them. Really, But Nick, let's start with you on this one. I think Sanchez peaked your interest a little bit. I think I've seen you tweet a couple of things about him. Is that your lead here?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I am excited that he's throwing a cutter because he needs one badly. He throws sinkers just like, ah whatever, he's the fast ball and I'm just like, dude, he can't. He can't do that. And have you know you're gonna have that one twenty whip again if you do that, because you're gonna have a much higher hit for nine. Oh wait, hold on a second. That sink of that as a massive ICR to right handers. Maybe if you throw that as a cutter instead and you can still have this very effective change up, like an amazing one, and then you have a cutter in said that gets out instead of the sinker that is very hittable. That makes sense to me. Also, I love the fact that Christopher Sanchez moved from outside to inside against lefties with that sinker last year. Yes, he was thrown away to lefties with a sinker with a super like twenty inch horizontal and trying to do cult strikes back door and said jamming them and it drove me up the wall and he changed it. That's great. I'm really torn because Ryan Pepio, to me, I think he's just so good. I think that fastball, I know the trop makes four seamers better and he's not going to be in that. And also the human weather is going to make the Nikey dimensions a little bit worse for pitchers that does in New York. But oh, it's such a good fastball. And the change up was an eighty grave pitch coming up, and then he lost the feel of it, and then he has it every so often for the most Brasil has it. And a slider I think is fantastic too, Like he has the three pitch mix with old sever Aino that I always really want to see guys have, and he just needs more time to get comfortable with it. And I think there's a very legitimate top twenty upside from Ryan Pepio. It's just it's not a good situation I think for him, while Sanchez is just so much safer. You know, he's going to get wins up the lazoo. You know he's gonna go deep into games. You know he's gonna have a Johnny Goodie, Right, he should have a better whip. If that's a cutter, Is he gonna have a twenty percent carry? Maybe? I hope not, but I you know, it could be better now with that cutter. Right, So I want to say Sanchez for deeper leagues and then Pepio for shallower leagues. But you know you can decide for all of us.
Speaker 3: I'm like fully in on Pepio, like I have. I have shares. I think I've done like five drafts and I have four shares. Yeah, so I'm all over Pepio where he is. If he if he gets you know, in Pa did, maybe i'lso have a hard time with him. But right now I do see that like stuff inflation going away, that could be a problem. But he had a one O eight stuff plus on the four seam, So if it's like one O three, that's still better than most starters four seams. So I think it's a really good pick. And I think, I don't know, maybe he does go in and out of the change up, but it is that was his bread and butter coming up. So I have confidency I'm gonna give him that change up and give him an elite change up. And then he really developed like a good hard gyro slider. It was really important to him because he's a little bit like I forget we were talking about Grace and Rodriguez, where he doesn't have great command of any of his pitches. And then if you if he gets behind. Before he had the hard gyroslider, he had to go to the four seam, so you the hitter would anticipate, oh, I know what pitch is coming. It's gonna be the four seam. And if it's in the zone and got spanked, and if it was out of his zone, they took it so they knew what pitch was coming. Now with the hard gyro slider, he can he has multiple pitches he can go to when he needs a strike. I think it's an amazing repertoire of like this hard sort of gyroslider, cutter thing, great four seam, great change up, bigger slider, bigger like slower breaking ball, so it's a four pitch mix. The command rose. I think you're in his rearview mirror. I think he's going to ascend into himself this year where this is like it's a little bit like Grayson, where it's like he's shown us the little parts. He's got all the stuff and everything looks pretty good. And for what it's worth, has the innings now to kind of come out and do one hundred and seventy you know, both these guys can come out and give us one hundred and seventy five innings, be in the mix, get cy young boats. This is how I think of it. I think they have that type of talent. So I'm all over reput and I don't mean to say anything bad about Sanchez, but Sanchez to me is like a Sandial Contra, which is great. It's a Sandale Contra startup kid. It's really good, but that doesn't come with that top end strikeout rate and on the front end. So until he shows me that you know that next step in terms of strikeouts, even getting it to twenty three or twenty four percent, that's when I think he had It's like ace like upside right now. Right now, it's it's Sandy in a much worse park, you know, than than Sandy had back in the day. Sandy, without necessarily knowing Sandy was like, oh, you might have a bad strike out, right, but he's gonna give me two hundred and ten innings, so I still get some good strikeouts, you know. Yeah, I don't know if you give Christopher Sanchez that yet. So I like them both, but Pepio is the guy I really love.
Speaker 2: We're in on Zandy al Kintar, right, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, especially after the other day ninety ninety nine. I mean, I hope the price doesn't jack up six rounds. But I've drafted I think I have them on four teams this year out of like I don't know, I'm a degenerate. I've drafted a bunch of gladiators and stuff. But I think I've drafted Sandy four times. It's like a one sixty eightyp. I mean, if it doesn't work out, okay, but if it does work o hell, he's probably gonna get trade.
Speaker 3: But as as with Sanchez, like with both of them, they're you know, if you're topping out a twenty percent, then you like Logan web is Loggi Wag was ranking for me. For them is like a ceiling like they're they're that kind of grouping where they're just like, y'all are all going to have like three two three three eras and a twenty percent strike out right, And that's going to be annoying in some ways and great in other ways. And it's gonna be hard for me to be like, oh, you could be a top ten pitcher in this league, like I have zero percent for that for Logan Web. I might have like a two percent for Christmas Sanchez and like an eight percent of top ten percentage ability.
Speaker 1: You know, that's very interesting, guys. This has been a fantastic conversation, as it usually is with the two of you. I hope you get to do the show every single year, and I want to give you guys a chance to let everybody know where you can be found, what work he got going on, any upcoming things you want to plug, you know, let's start off with you.
Speaker 3: I got breakout hitters today and we're doing a cool collaboration coming up on Wednesday where you're going to see multiple articles about new pitches from Nick and Lance Prozowski and so and Eric Eric Simolski we're all going to come out on Wednesday with we link to each other. We've been talking about who we're taking and why we're taking them, so we have an idea of what what everyone else is thinking. So that's a fun thing that's coming out. We're in we're kind of in draft kids season, so I'll have my my picture breakouts soon and all that fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Got to be keeping up with, you know, if you don't want to fall behind the curve. Even if you're not a big fantasy person, you probably are if you're listening to the show, but even if you're just looking for picture analysis, these are the two guys that go to Nick Picture List. What's going on over there?
Speaker 2: My friend, we've got some time. You might want to read my top four hundred. That's seventy five thousand words, just hanging out, just kick back with my tie thirteen. Yeah, but but yeah, it's so go go have film with that. It's free on the website at pictures dot com. But if you want to read ad free, you can get peel Plus, which we actually dropped the price to just sixty dollars a year. Join our incredible discord with over a thousand people that it's the nicest community of people who if you have questions like we answer it for you, and it's the best place to talk baseball on the internet. I cannot express that enough, but yeah, we got a life Draft assistant. Also, that's a web app coming out in like a week, so be on the lookout for that, which you can use all POV projections and everything inside of It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Great, fantastic website. It is aesthetically pleasing and it also gives you everything you need to know, literally everything you need to know at pitcher List when you're evaluating not just pictures, you can evaluate hitters as well. It's not just Nick. There's a whole team of guys doing great stuff over there. So make sure you guys are checking out everything at picture List, everything at the Athletic, and make sure you guys are tuning into these shows because we've got a couple more of them planned up. Derek Van Riper, Jeff Erickson, Vlad Sadler, Greg Jewett. We got a lot of people coming on over the next few weeks to break down ADP and get into these battles. I hope you guys enjoyed what you saw today. But until next time. For Nick Pollock and Enosarrus, I'm Joel Rico. We'll talk to you next time right here on the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple.
Speaker 2: Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 6: Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB