Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romaine Bostic, and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: All right, quick check on the S and P. Five hundred, they're not quite and even split a little bit more to the upside, two hundred and ninety nine names Katie Great gaining ground on this Tuesday, two hundred and two to the downside.
Speaker 4: Which is interesting because you take a look at the sectors. You had more sectors that were lower on the day eight. To be exact, only three sectors managing to finish in the green. They were consumer, discretionary, industrials and healthcare. What didn't do too hot today is utilities, communication services, and materials. But still overall the S and P five hundred unchanged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, interesting right to see that. It almost is like we are waiting for a few things like earnings, whether you know, we get that inflation report on Friday, looking for some more clarity about kind of what's coming out investors and certainly what it might mean for our FED policy.
Speaker 1: All right, we are getting those Netflix Sarnings crossing the wire right now, so let's dive into them. Texas Instruments also crossing the wire on Netflix. I'm gonna start with the guidance. The company says that for its full year, it sees revenue of forty five point one billion dollars. They had a previous range of forty four point eight to forty five point two, so basically guiding towards the top end of that range, but maybe just a smidge lower. Now Here are the results for the third quarter. Their fiscal third quarter free cash flow was a beat. Two point sixty six billion. EPs was a beat. Excuse me, I take that back. EPs was a miss five dollars and eighty seven cents a share. The street was looking for six dollars and ninety four cents a share, So a beat on a miss on EPs. On the revenue side, here it also looks like they came in a touch light eleven point five to one billion The street was looking for eleven point five to two billion dollars here, And of course we don't get those subscriber metrics, but overall, the two metrics that they really want us to pay attention to with regards to revenue, and with regards to bottom line EPs, it looks like a modest miss in the most recent quarter and a modest guide to the top end of the range for the rest of the year.
Speaker 4: Well, you can see the disappointment in Netflix shares right now, down five and a half percent. Will dig deeper into that, but let's take a quick detour to what's going on with Texas Instruments right now. Another miss when it comes to third quarter EPs, missing estimates coming in at a dollar and forty eight cents in the third quarter. The consensus had been for a dollar and forty nine cents. When it comes to fourth quarter revenue, the guide there is for four point two two billion dollars to four point five eight billion dollars. The estimate had been for four point five billion dollars. So arrange there, you average that and it comes in at the low end below that estimate. So you can see Texas Instrument shares down about four percent in the after hours trade.
Speaker 5: Also down Netflix continuing to watch what's happening in the after hours down about seven point three percent, and Lucas Shaw out with his first take on earning so writing that a tax dispute with Brazil cut into third quarter earnings MARS results that otherwise fell in line with Wall Street estimates. Netflix had to pay about six hundred and nineteen million dollars to settle a multi year tax dispute with Brazilian authorities going back to twenty twenty two, but the company said it would have beaten forecast if not for that expense. Shares down just about five point seven five percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, keep in mind that this dock has been certainly a now performer. They year up about thirty nine percent year to date. But again the big headline in terms of the outlook, Netflix seeing fiscal year revenue forty five point one billion, had seen about forty four point eight to forty five point two, so a bit of a range, but that number below the higher point of that range remain.
Speaker 1: You know, I always like to look at sort of you they talk about their content and some of the big hits that they've had. Of course, you know, a Happy Gilmore, which is one of their more successful at least in terms of streams in the most recent quarter, My Life with the Walter Boys and Honey Wives, and if you others. But it gets to this idea here that it's consuming that we're not actually being able to see what those subscriber numbers are. The question is, how is this actually adding to the bottom line? How is fact is this adding to the top line? And that's going to be a big question for I guess the one analyst who's allowed to ask questions on that conference call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely have to imagine it's made that man's job a little bit more difficult here you dig into some of the international markets as well. This is what we have been discussing with an analyst over from morning Star that when it comes to the growth opportunity, there's a lot of focus on international. It seems like when it comes to Latin America, when it comes to APAC revenue there falling a little bit short of expectations for both of those regions. The US and Canada and Europe did manage to just slightly beat expectations, But again it's where you expand to next. Is the US market saturated? That's also one of the big questions here.
Speaker 5: What does the content slate look like too, especially with potential M and A. Greg Peters telling lucash Job back in just two weeks ago at screen time that they're more builders not buyers yet are reporting today from that team shows that well, maybe they could be interested in Warner Brothers Discovery, at least parts of Warner Brothers Discovery. So if they get a movie studio, how much will they pay for that movie studio? Or maybe this is just trying to bid up the price so other rivals have to pay more.
Speaker 3: Maybe they could lean on Mattel for some ip or something. Mattel reporting their earnings just crossing the bloomber terminal. Investors don't like it down about fourteen percent. Let's go right to the outlook. Company still sees fiscal year just ADPs have a buck fifty four to two dollars sixty six a share estimate is a dollar sixty one. Still sees fiscal year net sales at constant currency up one percent to up three percent, and fiscal year justin gross margin of about fifty percent. The estimate on the street was about fifty point three. But the company says sales dip as tariff uncertainty delays Christmas orders. And that's not a good thing to hear because you know how much the holiday season is so important to this company.
Speaker 1: Remain capital One also out with their report as we were speaking here. The most recent quarter ADJUSTEDVPS comes in higher than expectations five dollars and ninety five cents to Street was looking for four dollars and thirty nine. Charge Offs also better than expected three point four to seven billion. The Street was looking for about three point seven billion, So decent bottom line and a slight improvement when it comes to the negative of charge offs. Here we should also point out the company sat is efficiency ratio actually increase wide and I should say fifty three point eight percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can see Capital one shares moving slightly higher after hours. This is a company too that had a high bar when you consider the Capital one shares higher by nearly twenty three percent on a total return basis in twenty twenty five through today's close. I do want to circle back to what we're seeing with Mattel with Netflix. I actually have a way to tie them together. You talk about IP Carol. Actually there was a report out earlier today that Netflix has picked Mattel and Hasbro for K Pop Demon Hunter's toy partnerships. That's not helping out either stock at this moment right now, and I think to pick up what you were saying about Mattel Carol that to see tariff uncertainty delaying Christmas orders. I mean, this is prime time obviously for a toy company and really speaks to where we are when it comes to the global trade landscape. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, you're talking about a toy industry that gets most of its products from China and that has been tim as we know, a key target of President Trump's tariff increases.
Speaker 5: Okay, so other companies reporting too after the bell Intuitive Surgic Goal, the maker of the Da Vinci surgical robot, shares surging right now, up more than twelve percent in the after hours. The company sees twenty twenty five a just gross profit margin sixty seven percent to sixty seven and a half percent third quarter just at EPs beat estimates. Roman all right.
Speaker 1: I also just though, want to very quickly just go to Omnikom, because of course we're going to talk a little bit more about Flicks and that buildout of its ad platform. Omnicom one of the biggest ad platforms out there. They reported our and it's relatively in line with estimates. Four dollars and four excuse me, four point zero four billion dollars in revenue in the most recent quarter and two dollars and twenty four cents in adjusted EPs, relatively in line with estimates, but you see a slight tick to the downside and the shares in the appter.
Speaker 2: Hours this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.