Speaker 1: The volume football seasons. Here, there's only one place to go for tickets, and that is game Time. You know I love game Time. They have a new feature called game Time Picks makes getting tickets for your favorite live events easier. It filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. You want to go to a football game or a concert, just click on the event you want to attend and game Time gives you a seat preview and offers you the super deal, so I get the best bang for my buck, and that's what I'm looking for. Game Time also has the lowest price guarantee or they'll credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. So take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time. Right download the game Time app doesn't take long. Create an account, use my code the redeem code columns SELN for twenty dollars off your first purchase. COLN terms apply. Download game Time today. What time is it game Time? I want to start with the New York Giants, because if I said there's a team in the state of New York, Brian Daboles on the offensive side, Singletary's one of the running backs, good left tackle, serviceable o line, one, great weapon, really strong defensive front. No, that's not the Buffalo Bills. That's the Giants. And if you gave Josh Allen to the Giants, we would talk about them in the Super Bowl bubble. The Giants have a lot of components that Super Bowl teams have outside of quarterback. They need to draft the running back. They need more juice in the backfield, which the Bills did for years until they drafted James Cook. They had Devin Singletary, who who doesn't didn't have a lot of breakaway speed, but for years, you know, once they got Stefon Diggs, it was good defensive front, capable coach, dable in the room, Singletary at back, good left tackle, serviceable ole line, excellent defensive front, one great weapon. So I don't think the Giants are hopeless. They just Brian Dabole is coaching his butt off. I mean Daniel Jones to night. They dominate time of possession. With no run game and an average quarterback below average, they literally dominate time of possession. Daniel Jones goes twenty nine to forty until the very end, didn't have an interception, no touchdowns. He's not throwing interceptions anymore. And they go against Dallas and with no deep down the field thread, they're getting the ball the neighbors. He had twelve catches, but the Giants, with no run game and a mediocre quarterback, dominate time of possession against Dak Prescott, pretty good quarterback, and Mike McCarthy a Super Bowl winning coach. I think Dable is you know he would never win like even honorable mentioned Coach of the Year, but because their record won't be good. But it's not like the Giants are hopeless. They're just hopeless quarterback. And so that's where an owner interfered and a general manager and a coach are doing the best they can. But they're a little bit trap because you know they're gonna have dead cap money if they move off. Daniel Jones. He is serviceable now. He could certainly on the market. Somebody would come after him. He's serviceable. He probably wouldn't be good elsewhere because he wouldn't have neighbors and he wouldn't have Dable. But there's pieces of the Giants that super Bowl teams have really good defensively up front, above average left tackle, great weapon, dable on the offensive side, if they had the quarterback right So people look at the Giants and think they're hopeless. If it was a great cornerback class. This is a six win team, five win team, you'd get one of them. It's not you. There's a couple of guys. Even the Georgia quarterback now with George's O line beat up, looks pretty average. Right like against Kentucky couldn't move the ball. Quinn Ewers maybe at number one cam Ward, I like those two shouldar standards. Worries me a little, you know, you know, I wish he would be a little more chill, but he can. So you probably have three or four quarterbacks in the first round. They probably have to draft one. If I was a Giants, I would draft one because I don't think they have a ton of needs. You can get running backs. I was just talking to a general manager last night. History tells you, analytics tell you the running backs. You can get your running backs third, fourth, fifth, sixth rounds. Don't draft them in the first two rounds unless you get like a Saquan or an Adrian Peterson or a Z. You know you don't need to, so it's you. Giants will draft a quarterback. They considered it this year, and you know, if the kids, you know, the offensive line now is more than capable. But Brian Dables excellent. He's doing a great job to dominate time of possession and the until the end. Again, Daniel Jones didn't have an interception. More than capable. I mean the guy threw for you know, two hundred and some seventy five, two hundred eighty yards with really no deep balls and no run game. They just got to get the quarterback right. And again, Quinn Ewers is an NFL quarterback, Shaner Sanders is back from Georgia and cam mood So you're gonna have four first round quarterbacks. I think Riley Leonard late first second. He's a little wild, you know, great athlete, big size, not great in the accuracy. Can you teach him to do that? You know NFL people probably could. Josh Allen was wild. People still like Anthony Richardson and he is forty nine completion percentage. So I know you think that the Giants. I know Jmack probably thinks all is lost with the Giants. They just got to get the quarterback right, stable, left tackle, neighbors, good defensive front. They got pieces. They got pieces the Dallas Cowboys. Meanwhile, it was eleven penalties. Jesus, if you took Ceede Lamb out of this team, there is nothing there. I mean, there's just and their fullback is like a weapon, you know. I like their field goalkicker. He missed one at the end, damn it. But you know, neither of team really had a run game tonight. I just think, you know, again, let's talk about this, Oh, if the New York Giants hit on a quarterback next year, Let's say the Patriots aren't going to draft the quarterback because they have Drake May. Carolina probably would, right Tennessee, if they're bad, probably would. Although I think they figure out a way to win four or five six games. But a lot of the bad teams have their quarterbacks, right, they're gonna give them a shot. So the Giants win five games, you know, they're not going to be Dallas five or six wins. They'll probably have the fifth, sixth pick, and a lot of the bad teams just got their quarterback, so they're gonna get one of these quarterbacks. I like their future. I like Dable more than Mike McCarthy. I like the Giants defensive line more than Dallas. I like their left tackle more than Dallas. They both have good weapons. Owner, I'll take the Giants. I guess the Giants just need a quarterback and pick up a running back in the fourth or fifth round. They've got a lot of components. Dallas is kind of trapped. They're paying Fortune. They'll pay Micah, who I like. I don't love a fortune. They're paying Dak of fortune. Owner vain more about, you know, getting attention than and being remarkably interesting and talked about more than I think really winning titles. Despite what he says, their offensive line is just okay, no juice in the backfield average it tight end very ced Lamb and he's great, but very Cede Lamb centric. I don't see this great future. And they're stuck with Dak, who's good B plus, it's like having Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: In his prime.
Speaker 1: It's good, be plush. We wouldn't get to the playoffs. But if the Giants next year, let's say they have the fourth pick in the draft, and you know, Travis Hunter from Colorado goes number one. And let's say somebody likes cam Ward. He goes to and the Giants move up a spot, give up some draft picks, and they get Quinn yours and he's good. And Brian Dable is really good with quarterbacks. He's made Daniel Jones now that he has one weapon and a more serviceable old line capable, not special capable. So it's like, who would have the better future if you got Quinn viewers or back and you established pretty quickly. Guy can play little Bumpy for sure, guy can play whose future?
Speaker 2: Do you like?
Speaker 1: Dabors stable weapons? You can get a running back every year, just draft them. They're out there. I don't know's I know Dallas dominates this series, and I know everybody thinks you know, ooh Dallas Dax. You know, the star in the helbot is very influential. But you know you're stuck with McCarthy at least for the rest of this year. Eleven penalties. He's always been penalty plagued. I mean, tonight Mike has heard DeMarcus Lawrence banged up. I don't know, maybe I'm being just overly negative. Laker fans feel the same way, but this I said this to day on FS one. You know, family owned and operated just felt better twenty years ago. I think now you can have a deli like that. But in tech, I don't want a family owned and operated tech giant.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what Larry Ellison has with Oracle, maybe that's it. But by and large, I like the staying kronkey of the world. I like, you know, the Allen family in Seattle, York family in San Francisco. I big money, something beyond just the team. I don't think Dallas's future is bright. I really don't. And it's not a shot at DAK. I mean, God, if you put Daniel Jones on the Cowboys and Dak on the Giants, Giants or playoff team, absolutely Cowboys are bad, bad. I mean, you wouldn't even have to get a great quarterback. With Dable and the Giants defensive front neighbors and they're left tackle. You wouldn't need a great quarterback. You'd need Dak. You'd be a playoff team every year. Hell Eli Manning was in the great regular season quarterback, but he was great, always arrived, Ohlways, healthy, always playing two minute drill, and good in the playoffs. Think about this, Dak is twenty four and four against Washington and the New York Giants. That's not going to continue. Davil's getting his quarterback next year. Washington has there. It was like Big Ben for years eight on Cincinnati and Cleveland. Then Burrow showed up, Baker showed up and didn't feel the same. And so when you get that eight nine year window with a big franchise a Dallas or at Pittsburgh and you have the lesser halves or the have nots in your division and you're just dominating it for like nine years. You got to get multiple playoff wins. You got to show up in the conference championship, you got to show up in a super Bowl. Pittsburgh did it. You know, Pittsburgh, Tomlin, they get to a couple of Super Bowls. Okay, they beat in Arizona, they beat the Seattle. They got theirs. It didn't end like you'd like in Pittsburgh, but they got theirs. When Cincinnati and Cleveland were, you know, not great have star quarterbacks. Well, Washington and New York since Eli left have been a mess. What's Dallas having a show for it? Twenty four to four? It's just two and oho every year not in the show for it. They beat the New York Giants last year by seventy two combined points. The Cowboys did tonight. They needed a guy who can kick long field goals, So I and Dable's getting his guy in this draft. They're going to have a top six to seven pick, and there's four quarterbacks and Travis Hunter's going to be one of the top guys taken. Will Johnson that corner for Michigan's going to be one of the top guys taken. So there's a tackle of Texas probably going to be one of those guys taken. There's a defensive tackle for Kentucky's probably going to be one of those guys taken. Giants are getting a quarterback, maybe the second choice for Dable, but they're getting somebody. So is that too negative? I just I don't know. I you know, Dak has over forty percent of his wins on the Giants and Washington. But now that Jadeen Daniels is cooking and he looks like he can't really play. Now that jade Daniels is cooking, and the Eagles role is gonna have players with Harry Roseman, I think I think the days of getting fat on Washington and the Giants are over and the Giants are gonna get into their quarterback next year. And Dable's really good with quarterbacks. This was not Davie's quarterback. He wouldn't have drafted him. He's not his guy. They didn't want to give him the extension. Don't don't blame Dabel for this. That's that's upstairs, that's Mara. He'll get the quarterback he wants next year. Dabel and those quarterbacks, he'll have the influence, he'll have the call with Joe Shane the GM. They'll get somebody. Cam Wod can play in the NFL. Quin youwrs can play. Schador can play a little bit too much personality for me, but he can play and back at Georgia. So that's that's four. That's four guys, and somebody will emerge over the next six to seven weeks. I and I know, I know it. It's easy to beat up on teams that like the New York Giants right now. But I see a lot of good pieces with Dallas. I see a lot of big contracts and one great player in cd Land.
Speaker 2: That's all I see.
Speaker 1: So I like USC to beat at home beat Wisconsin soundly. It's a fifteen and a half point spread, so Wisconsin's coming off the buye. But they lost their starting quarterback for the season. Tyler Van Dyk got injured against Alabama. He is out. This is a team that's the opposite of Michigan. They do not run the football. They average four yards a rush. And now we are with a backup quarterback. So I mean, Luke Fickle is yet to beat a ranked team at Wisconsin. This is a work in progress. And so we knew that the pounding of Michigan. We knew the defensive line of Michigan would give USC's really talented but young o line issues. They don't present any of these problems. They don't have a dominant run game. They're good upfront, not special, and USC at home passing offense and something to prove, did stop the run except for about three big carries. So you say, well, Michigan average six point three yards a carry. That's not what they were averaging before that last big run. I think USC wins in LA. They win comfortably. They get their first big ten. W USC brings back essentially the entire offense next year, outside of their center and a running back. They're young but really talented. I think they blow the Badgers out. So I think Alabama is a two point underdog at home against Georgia. And I like Alabama, so George's banged up on the offensive line. Now, they do have forty two straight regular season wins, and Alabama got into one of these stretches a few years ago where they were just unbeatable in the regular season. But I don't think George is playing particularly well. I watched Kentucky's defensive front push the Bulldogs around for long seaquences in that football game. I thought Kentucky was the more physical team up front, and Georgia ann is banged up Alabama Kaylin de boor this is what he did at Washington. That offense got really good, really quickly. And right now Bama is sixth in the country. They have an athletic quarterback, Jalen Milroe, who also throws one of the prettiest deep balls in the country, so they can run the ball, they can throw the ball, and particularly deep. The quarterback is athletic, so Milroll already has fourteen touchdowns this season and in his last thirteen games against ranked opponents. I think Kaylen de Boor is special. He's twelve and one. Oregon had better players. Washington had Kaylan de Boer and they beat him three straight times. I think Alabama as a dog wins this game outright. TD Tuddy taken into the house in for six hoever you call it touchdown. One thing's for sure. Tds matter more at DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, special teams or defense. They don't care how you score them. They want to bet on touchdowns. You want to bet on touchdowns. Draft Kings Sportsbook number one place to bet on tds. Ready to place your first NFL bet betting something simple like a player scoring a touchdown? Go to DraftKings Sportsbook app. Make your bet today. Ready to do a touchdown? Dance your own New DraftKings customers bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly and one month of NFL Plus Premium. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app. The Coach Colin Again. New customers bet five bucks and get two fifty in bonus bets and one month of NFL Plus Premium only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of b Hill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in New Hampshire, Oregon. In Ontario, bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co. Slash ft Ball NFL Plus Premium offer available only to new and former NFL Plus subscribers. Additional NFL Plus premium terms at NFL dot com. Slash Terms.
Speaker 1: Sam Darnold four touchdowns, no pick so thirty four thirty four to seven Vikings did everything right and hammered Houston. And I was thinking about this is that what makes it tough for Caleb Williams is if you watch what Matt Lafleur is doing with Malik Willis who looked like he could not play the position a year ago. And you watch what Kevin O'Connell is doing with Sam Darnald and listen, I don't think Dan Campbell is situationally a great coach, but he's a culture builder. We got three coaches in that division who are really good at what they do. Right, Like I'm watching Kevin and I look at Matt Eberflus and I'm like, bro, you're not in that class. Forget that from now. I'm watching Kevin O'Connell. Everything Donald does, Now this is the USC version. And I keep waiting for the bubble to burst. Accuracy, playmaking, running deep ball and these reckless plays. Now he got you know, he tried to extend a play today. Ball gets on the carpet. But it's not just that Donald's winning, John, He's clean the four touchdowns, no picks. And this has been with banged up players. Like I keep waiting for the bubble to burst. But I watched them today and I'm like, shit, that wasn't competitive. Houston got smoked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that was a team that I don't think any of us would be shocked as playing the Chiefs in the AFC championship game, right, and that was And listen, one thing Donald and that franchise that their home field advantage is pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell Houston he was out of sorts to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: The other thing that got going for him is this guy has some serious question marks with his ability to relate and deal with quarterbacks. But I don't think there's any disputing that Flores is right up there with Spagnola's the two best defensive coordinators in the NFL, non head coach, right, like true defensive coordinator. It's just last week Kyle and Perdy were like, we didn't even know what we were seeing, and clearly Slowick and CJ were just over their head. Today, what has happened to Sam Donald these last couple weeks, last three weeks lead little pressure off that he plays comfortable. Obviously they got skill guys, but as we talk on September twenty second, we got a long way to go. Like we're talking like an MVP candidate. I mean, if you just vote today, he might win it. But I mean this guy and back to the Bears, you go. I don't think the Bears have any chance to not be the fourth best team in this division with what I'm seeing right now, because these other teams from a coaching Lafleur's pulling like a picasso.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: I mean they dominated. He had Malik Willis looking like a varsity guy versus Will Levis that looks like a pee wee guy. I mean, it's just like not even a fair fight when they just handed you Malik Willis three weeks ago. So it's that's insane. Obviously, the Lions are good, and what Minnesota is doing. Once you get to like three and oh or four and one, you can have a two game losing streak and still get the ten wins pretty easily.
Speaker 2: You watch the Bears, they.
Speaker 4: Look as dysfunctional as a team I would say is any team in the league. When you just watch them play, you just go, this is not good. And when you watch Minnesota pull the opposite, you go it feels crazy to say, but like, is this an NFC contender?
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny. First of all, the three or four things that we think create that great head coach got it, quarterback playing at an elite level. Darnold is weapons. Usually there's a great coordinator on a Super Bowl team Demiko Ryans with the Niners. Okay, so they've got a great coordinator and then usually situationally a good defensive team, there's a pass rusher somewhere. Well, they're playing good situational defense. So you know, it sounds crazy, but you know if they go four and oh, you can go five hundred until week seventeen and you're a ten and sixteen, you go four and oh, you can scuff it. I mean, you know, if you go back to last year, the good Kansas City had a bad month November. It's like the Super Bowl year when the Rams won it. They had they were choppy early with Stafford.
Speaker 4: Remember two years ago when the Vikings they ended up losing the Giants in the first round, but they won the division and they had that crazy record in all those one score games. Yeah, I think they went twelve and five and they had like a historic record one score games, like twelve and one. Everyone's like, this is smoking mirrors. This team isn't that good. This team looks completely different than that team. Yes, right, they look real. That team look a little fraudulent.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: I mean, Sam's by the time they get toward the big game is gonna keep getting a lot of reps and be really comfortable. And the other thing is your head coach gets to really know what he's good at, what he's not good at, you know. And when you got that good of a defense, it is just we talk about like a running game and a tight end being a quarterbacks best friend. You know, what's the quarterback's best friend when the other team can't score, right, and that's what the other team can't do. They can't they can barely move the ball past midfield. The Texans offense has one of the best year on quarterbacks we've ever seen, just based on record and stats. They are loaded with skill guys and have a coach that basically everyone has already put into a head coaching position by next year or the next two years, in Bobby Sloak, and they got ransacked today.
Speaker 1: Well, at the end of you know, not only do the Vikings have the components of a really good team, but I had said this when they exchanged Darnold and McCarthy, by the way, who they drafted for Kirk Cousins, they just lacked juice, Like they can't do anything off script, which is always been a golf actually ran for a first down in the game, stealing play today, which I thought was kind of funny. But by and large, with Kirk Cousins, you can win a lot of games without a quarterback that moves. But Darnald gives them what they were hoping. JJ McCarthy gives them. With Kevin o'caonn he just gives you juice. Now, Stafford doesn't give you a ton of that. But Matt is as good as Brady pre snap and throws the prettiest ball arguably in the league. So when you're that good Brady in the pocket pre snap, Brady throws a ball like that, it allows you. And also Brady and Stafford moved great within the pocket. They're great between the tackles. They move constantly. But I, you know, I just I'm just watching them, and I'm like the coach, the coordinator, the quarterback, and Darnald. To knock on Darnal, I always said this, there's a little Andrew Lock, a little and a little Carson Wentz, and he became a bad version of Carson Wentz, which is he's big, he's strong, he's athletic, he's tough, but Jesus is he reckless. You take out the reckless from Darnold, and I get the big, strong, tough playmaker. You know, this is why people drafted him early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think last year changed his life.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, seeing Brock, who's not as talented him, and he even said this, he's like watching the way that guy prepared, and then being around Kyle, who is like, you know, an old school nineteen eighties coach in terms of how he wants things done. I think gave him a whole new perspective on just his football career. And then Kevin O'Connell came through. The Niners wanted to keep him, but they couldn't pay ten million dollars. I think I said this last week, and I don't know how I can't say it again. If this continues and they make the playoffs and they win a playoff game, it's not like they traded up like some of these other teams to get JJ. He just fell into their lap, right essentially, right, they didn't mortgage three first round picks. Do you just let him go? I mean, the everyone's like, why do we talk? These are conversations that you you start having. This is a real life thing. JJ's on a chief contract. He wasn't the number one pick. He was like the tenth or eleventh, So his contract's not crazy. Do you extend Sam Darnald of this if you win twelve games and he's that good with your head? Isn't the whole point of this just to find a quarterback?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, So it's like you don't just let him hit free agency and go, we'll see with JJ, because we're going, we're going, we'll see with Caleb. And how's that going.
Speaker 1: By the way, you could probably get Donald for a he's so appreciative of five. You know, Sam's made some money in his career. You get him for a steal. I had said before the season, let's go to Tampa Bay Denver Klobbershm twenty six to seven, and I had sent in the first couple of weeks, I said, listen bo Nick's opening against Mike McDonald, the Seahawks, crowd, corners and a pro and Gino Smith. That's a bad open. Then we go next week it's the Steelers and it's like, oh, this is a real defense. Go ask the Chargers today today a Tampa defense that's dinged up Vitavilla at the back end. Bon NICKX forty seven rushing yards twenty five to thirty six, Denver blow them out. Wasn't competitive second straight week. I'll say this, I'm not anti Baker. Second straight week he was really rough on third down. He was just not moving the chains.
Speaker 4: And that awful interception today on this SI Yeah.
Speaker 1: Baker is off. And again second straight week they couldn't make crucial plays on third down. But when I watched Bonex today, this is what Sean Payton kept texting me. It's like, you know it's gonna be bumpy, but he moves you. And I talked about this. He moves much better than people think. I'm not he you know. It's like Jalen Hurts isn't fast, but he's elusive. Bone Nicks is not quite as elusive, but he's kind of quick, like he can get to the corner. And I'll say this again, they're not babying him. Remember Big Ben's first year with Pittsburgh, he'd throw like sixteen times a game, even to the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, like they it was like Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just for protect him. Shawn's not protecting him. He threw it like forty some times against the Steelers. He threw thirty six times. Today, they're running an offense that you would run with Geno Smith. They don't care. And I said before the season, all these young quarterbacks, Caleb Jaden, they all have defensive coaches, Drake May, Sean Peyton. I think the development of what this kid is doing is I'm watching him. He made a leap today, John, he looked like a grown up.
Speaker 4: Yeah to me, when you can run the ball and your defense plays well, Sean Payton like, he's gonna learn what I can call and what I can't call for this player and what he's comfortable with. And the only way you learn that is through going through it. Like you said, Seattle looks freaking good. Yeah, I mean, and obviously Pittsburgh's defense is elite, but today felt like the Buccaneers spent all week looking at their record and looking at the Broncos record and we're like, yeah, we're not really going to pay attention. We'll see on game day, and they just got boat raced. That's the thing with the NFL. All of a sudden, you're row in two to zero to three. Yeah, teams who not want to get embarrassed. Bob had that awesome play with his legs, you don't turn the ball over. That helps because he's been throwing the ball to the other team. I mean he's had some passes that also did not get picked that should have been. Yeah, he just looked like in complete control. And you have to wonder mature guy, a little older, maybe his speed up process, Like maybe we don't have to wait till December. Maybe within three or four weeks, he's gonna look more comfortable now. They're talent around them. When they play the better team. I think they play the Chiefs next week. He's gonna get overwhelmed at times. Look at Sean's quotes. He had a quote last week.
Speaker 2: Like I feel great about it. We're unfazed.
Speaker 4: That to me speaks to when you get these veteran head coaches, like what's Eberflu's gonna be able to say? You know, I can lean on my seven playoff appearances, like he can't say any of that. And that's where Sean everyone, we're gonna be okay, even though, like what do you think best case is for them this year? Seven eight wins?
Speaker 1: That's best case? Listen, I thought they would people said they were five to five and a half. I thought they would get eight. They don't have a consistent pass rush. Bo is still young. They're in a tough division. The charters and the Chiefs are really good, so you know, their schedule is pretty damn formidable. I think if they I think, if you get to seven, and you yeah, if you get to seven. Because I thought they were one of the better over teams. I've always said, I think they're receivers. I think they have more talent on the perimeter. But I think they have more talent on the perimeter. I thought there did a running back make a hell of a run today around the corner. He did a I forget the name of the player, sorry about that. I just think Denver's got a little more juice offensively than people give him credit for. But I just like and Bo had some bad throws. He had a really he missed on a couple, But I just I like what I see. First of all, he's older, he's married, sixty one, starts the offensive coach pretty damn good receivers and backs this. I think he's got an advantage that the market isn't recognizing. Between the college starts, the maturity body had five coordinators in five years in college this kid's seen everything. I just now he may be really close to his ceiling. John like, this may be, you know, he may be seventy percent of the ceiling. But I see an athletic guy who's accurate, coachable, gets rid of the ball quickly. If they can improve their offensive line, I think you can.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: This is a wild card team potentially over the next few years. We should do an award every week for Coach of the Week. So Green Bay tags Tennessee thirty to fourteen, crosses them. Matt Lafleur on scripted stuff. Now, you and I know first couples, first quarters, scripted, Green Bay gets seventeen points quickly. That's scripted for Malik Willis. Malite the one hundred ninety passing, one hundred and eighty eight rushing. The kid goes thirteen for nineteen a touchdown, no pick, seven different targets. This is a young team. It's not like he can rely on a veteran third down receiver or he's got a Devonte Adams. These are all kids. These are twenty three year old receivers. For them to take Malik Willis, I'm watching today and I'm like they had almost four hundred yards offense and on the scripted stuff early. That's what really worries me about Chicago. They're horrible. They're terrible on their first three serdemic. It's like, that's the scripted stuff Green Bay. I mean, I'm Matt Lafleur. You know, for years and years it was always understood that Aaron and him kind of almost shared offensive duties. Like Aaron's gonna do some of his own stuff, and he'd earned that. I'm good with that. What he's done with Malik Willis. I mean, I'll say this one year ago. I mean, good God, Tennessee got rid of I mean, they bailed on him. I mean, you almost always just keep a guy, make him a backup. They didn't even want to give him a shot to start. They thought will lev Us wasn't upgrade. Matt Leffleur is a great football coach. That's my take.
Speaker 4: They traded him to a team that they were playing three weeks later. I mean that you just never know, right, I mean, if you traded in a team that you might have to see and they probably never even thought twice about it, and within two if you would have told me two weeks ago that Malik Willis looks like everything we thought Anthony Richardson was going to look like. That's the crazy part. I mean today he's running around. He's obviously been much more accurate than I think anyone anticipated. Give him the game ball last week he gives it to the entire team. It really is people, you know, Mike McDaniel is a media favorite, like he's got Schrager loves them, and some of the guys love him, and I get it. He's a nice guy. Might be the most overrated coach in the NFL. I mean that, look he's got is gonna wear thin when he goes five and twelve. But Lafleur does not get discussed nearly as much. And part of that, like you said, get a little overwhelmed by Aaron Rodgers gone now for a while, and he had Jordan Love through thirty three touchdowns. Jordan Love gets hurt on a night game halfway across the world, comes back and wins two games with a guy that no other team probably would have traded for, and pretty convincingly. I mean today they beat the shit out of him on the road. It's one thing, okay at home playing a bad then you go on the road and win a game, went with a team that knows this player like all the defensive players. Who do you think they had been seeing for three years as a scout team quarterback. And that thing was of all the games to day and that thing truly was not close.
Speaker 2: It was over fast.
Speaker 4: And I think Lafloor, I don't want to just throw out the elite status, cause you got to win in the playoffs. And he did last year though, and he's gonna beat the night Like I think Lafloor's easily one of the best young coach. I mean the way McVeigh, Kyle, Kevin O'Connell, we got to include Lafloor, and we gotta kick Mike out for right now. He hasn't won an important game ever.
Speaker 1: All Right, Danny Parkins has gone from the most talented young sports talk radio show host in the country to one of the co hosts on Breakfast Ball in FS one. An interesting guy who's got a lot of different thoughts and a lot of different things, and so I'm gonna try to bring him on regular to hear on the volume. So obviously when I bring you on, there's Chicago stories, and there's you have real keen insight to Chicago, and it's interesting because I think Caleb Williams is one of the most talented quarterbacks I've ever seen in college. I think there's an l way, a little Andrew Luck. He's like Josh Allen. He's not consistently accurate out of college. You have to work on that. With Josh Allen. Aaron Rodgers was very accurate in college. Certain guys are that's not what he is.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: You got a sandpaper him. And when I talk about the Bears dysfunction, you and I get it, you especially. You tend to think of Detroit, Loserville, in Cleveland. But because Chicago did have one of the great teams ever, and because they had Michael Jordan and we've had Oprah and Siskel and Ebert, and it's a big city and everybody loves it, you tend to think, oh, the Bears are well funded, the facilities are this, that's the outside. But take the audience to the mccaskeys. The dysfunction of this organization since you've been a kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they got an indoor practice facility with a roof that was high enough where you could hunt a football within the last decade, like it's every other team in the league had it. So multiple practice facilities, like John Fox, to his credit, did kind of bring them forward him and Ryan Pace of like, hey, we need to upgrade these things. But like that's twenty seventeen we're talking about here. So just in terms of the investment the practice facilities, the old thing on the mc caskey's back with the eighty five Bears was that they would throw around, you know, nickels like manhole covers, like it is a historically cheap organization. They are owners that inherited it, right, it's a charter heritage franchise. But so their wealth is the Bears, right, They're not an oil tycoon. They're not real estate magnets. Their wealth is in this valuation of a football team that they don't have hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars just sitting in cash from some other business. They're not the Walmart people. And so it's a big family. It's a dysfunctional family. It's been passed down. There's like nine siblings. Some of them have no interest in football whatsoever and want to get out and want to cash in and liquidate. George McCaskey, who's kind of the face of it now is self admittedly just a fan. He's like, I know nothing about football. It's like, George, you've been doing this forever, Like either learn something about football or stop saying or stop saying that you don't know any think about football, because then you're like in the meetings hiring all these people. So there's been there's countless examples of the historic dysfunction and the cheapness with the Bears. I do think it's gotten a lot better in the last five to ten years, and the money has gotten so crazy with the national television contracts that it's it's harder to be cheap. There are some ways still, like they were not going to hire Jim Harbaugh. That was never going to happen. They were they were not going to give someone twenty million dollars a year, fifteen million dollars a year with that type of go and celebrity.
Speaker 2: They were just not prepared to do it.
Speaker 5: And that is a huge bummer because he wanted to be the Bears coach, or he was at least very intrigued by being the Bears coach for the last like two hiring cycles.
Speaker 2: So it holds them back in some ways. For sure.
Speaker 5: Ryan Poles I think is really smart and I think he's been a very good hire overall. I would not have kept Matt Eberflus. I think that was a mistake when they got the number one draft pick with Caleb Williams, I would have lined up Caleb Williams with the best offensive head coach you could get. Yeah, because my thing was like, by definition, you are limiting your talent pool, Like you're only able to hire coordinators for Caleb, who then could leave to go be head coaches somewhere else Whereas if you fire Matt Eberflus, I think Ben Johnson leaves Detroit like that would have.
Speaker 2: Been pretty good.
Speaker 5: Like if you don't get Harbaugh Ben Johnson, he leaves your division rival and he comes and coaches Caleb, that's a pretty good spot to be in. So I thought keeping Eberflus was a mistake. And where there. What I'm afraid of right now is not Caleb Williams. I think his talent is so undeniable that he actually will be able to overcome some of the stink of the Bears. We've seen that before, like Josh Allen to use your example. He's had a defensive head coach and Sean McDermott. He's had one guy who is maybe a borderline top five receiver in Stefan Diggs. Other than that, not much in terms of elite playmakers.
Speaker 1: Just got a run game, just got one this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's it is what I mean.
Speaker 5: He had Dable and Dorsey and now he's got Brady. So he's had three different play callers, defensive head coach, terrible drafters. Took him a couple of years, but the talent was undeniable that he got there. So the Chargers have changed over a bunch with Justin Herbert, bad coaches, different play callers. He hasn't won big, but as a talent has overcome it. So I think Caleb is going to be fine. What I am worried about, though, is when it was John Fox with Mitch Trubisky. Everyone knew that Fox was not going to be the guy for Mitch long term, but they didn't want to fire him a year early and pay him to go away. So it was John Fox and Dow Loggins for a year in Mitch Trubisky. Then they fired the whole staff and hired Matt Naggy. So now it's two systems in two years. And that put Mitch Trubisky behind the eight ball. And then they did the exact same thing with Justin Fields. He was there for one year of Matt Naggy and then they fired him and they moved on to the next guy. And so that Justin Fields had two systems in two years, two different went from Matt Naggy to Luke Getzi. So now you're learning two different offenses, two different play callers, two different sets of ideas and fundamentals. And so if this doesn't work and you end up firing Eberflus and Shane Waldron, it will be the exact same thing that you did to your last two first round pick quarterbacks, and that just I don't care who it is, it stunts your development to not have continuity of coaching. So I'm not worried about the talent. I am absolutely worried about the coaching around him. And the line is clearly regressing and even worse than it was supposed to be. But I think a lot of that is also Shane Waldron because and I'm giving you a long answer, but you wanted all of the context yeah, they were the second ranked rushing team in the NFL last year. It's the four of the five offensive linemen are the exact same and in theory they upgraded at center, though it looks like they maybe somehow downgraded and Ryan Bates has been hurt. But that's not all justin fields. Like Huil Herbert was a five yard per carry guy. So, like I would have told you coming into the year, Kevin Jenkins their left guard, Nate Davis their right guard when he plays, and Darnell Wright their right tackle, who was the tenth overall pick. All better run blockers than pass blockers, and they're the worst running team in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's no question the O line has significantly regressed. And most of those guys were young, ascending players, right.
Speaker 5: And so to me, I don't believe that these guys just forgot how to run block. I think that there's something in and I can't I'm not able to tell you what it is, but I think Shane Waldron clearly is not doing a good job. Another example, week one, Gerald Everett out snapped Cole Kment.
Speaker 2: That makes no sense.
Speaker 5: It makes sense, It makes no Cole Commett top ten tight end in the NFL for sure, young athletic, good blocker, good pass catcher, coming off the best season of his career, homegrown kid under contract in his athletic prime. That made no sense, and they corrected it in week two, in Week three and week three at a Monster game. But it's like, how do I know more about the personnel of the Bears than Shane Waldron does? And I get that there's a learning curve, but come on, man, you're a professional coach making seven figures. So I think Shane Waldron's been a disaster through three weeks, and I hope that he can correct it.
Speaker 1: I don't talk Cowboys as much, mostly because let's not do it. Yeah, and I'm not. It does doesn't interest me. But it is interesting that the Lakers and the Cowboys have become sort of the same business where the brand is way better than the product, and that they're basically a family business. I mean, the Lakers are run by Kobe's agent, and I know Kurt Rambis and like him, but the Rambas family is involved. It is a lot of it's a lot of people close to the Bus family, and that's the same thing. It's Charlotte Jones it's Stephen Jones, it's Jerry Jones. There's not a lot of outside influence, but they're they're remarkable brands. I don't think the Lakers are. I think Anthony Davis is just fantastic. I thought last year he was easily the best defensive player in the league. And you know, Rudy Gobert whatever. But I don't think they're a championship team. They just don't have They're not close. These teams like Boston have like eight really good players, seven are the good players. But I look at the Cowboys and it's this is what I'm about to say, is really insane. Oh good that the if you really take a deep breath, the Cowboys have not won multiple playoff games in any year in twenty nine years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Just think of that. That's not a big ask at the NFC. The last four they've had good quarterback play. Romo and Dak are b plus to a minus quarterback. They're a very good quarterback play, and the Kirk Cousins mode. They've had offensive coaches who are more than competent. I mean, I've had some offensive coaches, and I'm always fascinated by really successful people. Jerry Jones that have a blind spot that is so obvious. The radio hits the fact that he wants to be called GM and I'm like, Jerry, you're this oil maverick. You're a brilliant businessman. He and Stan Kronk are two of the smartest guys in the league. Other owners lean on Jerry. Does he not get how disfunctional? I mean they really they always the NFL in retaining their own draft picks, And so is it ego? Is it a blind spot Jerry's vanity and personality. I'm fascinated when I see, like Elon Musk similarly, does he not see what he is? Well sociopathic?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: You've probably met a lot more billionaires than I have, you know, a lot of normal ones. It's not it's not a you get into this like stratosphere of ego entitlement, you literally own the building. It's just, you know, it's it's just it has to warp your sense of reality and things that make sense. But I do think that the media sometimes gets it wrong with with Jerry. And I'm not saying he's crazy like a fox or that like everything is calculated, but.
Speaker 2: He likes it chaos is his fuel. He does not.
Speaker 5: Believe that us talking about Ceedee Lamb's contract and Dak Prescott's contract and Mike McCarthy's contract and his radio appearances and weird things that he says. He does not believe that that has any impact on wins and losses. He doesn't and in fact, he probably thinks that it has an absolute impact on the ratings that they get on Sunday Night Football and at four twenty five on Sunday on Fox. And he very well might be right, because they are Everyone cares about him. You might hate him, you might love him, but the numbers bear out people care about him. So I think that he is feeding the sports take industrial complex because it's oxygen for him. He wants to be relevant, he wants to be talked about. It's clearly an ego play, but also it programs a lot of airtime and that has to be good for business. I guarantee he subscribes to the all publicity is good publicity mantra. We're talking about him and that's making him money, either directly or indirectly. So that's what And by the way, I also think, and I said this on the first week of breakfast Ball because we were on before the season started. I was like, these contracts all get done, no one holds out anymore? Like they not really, Yeah, Jonathan Taylor for a game, Melvin Gordon for four games, Chris Jones for a game, like host Levy on Bell. No one actually holds out. You're like, Oh, they should have signed Dak Prescott early. Dak didn't want to sign early. Dak wanted to go to sign first. He wanted Jordan Love to sign first because that just gave him more money. Me Ceedee Lamb wanted aj Brown to sign first. He wanted Devonte Smith to sign first. He wanted Justin Jefferson to sign first, because they know that they have the Cowboys over a barrel, because Dak had a no tag clause and a no trade clause and Ceedee Lamb got one hundred and eighty targets last year. If Ceedee Lamb isn't on the Cowboys, they would go from the highest scoring team in the league to awful. He matters more to Dallas than any non quarterback, matters to their offense, more than Christian McCaffrey, more than Tyreek Hill. Like I just I think chaos is part of the formula to the popularity in Dallas, and I think it's all by design.
Speaker 1: So I played a game today with Jamak on the air and we were talking about Deshaun Watson, and I said, Deshaun Watson has is considered a star. But if you had a minute thirty left in a game, one time out and had to go seventy yards doable same players, would you take Gardner Minshew or Deshaun Watson to be your quarterback? And I said I'd take Gardner Minshew because he moves about as well as Deshaun. He plays with more confidence, and I think he's more accurate. And he's like, no, that's crazy. And so we got into talking about this and I said, Jaden Daniels or Trevor Lawrence. And I said, here's what I know about Jaden Daniels. He moves better than Trevor. He appears to be more accurate than Trevor. And I like, I love Trevor Lawrence, but I have seen him now that Buffalo game, which was at least the first half a standalone game. Dude, he missed the crossing route that is a any college quarterback can make it effortlessly. He missed a pass in the flat that he was low and behind him, and I said he's too loose. I said, he looks like a quarterback. But if you said, hey, you want to go golf Friday afternoon or watch more film, he choose golf. He's too talented to be that loose and bad on the layups. It's not mechanical because he was great in high school, he was great in college, and he was he's shown signs. Yes, you put Trevor Lawrence down there right now, minute thirty in a game, I would take Kirk Cousins over him. I think i'd take Gardner Minshew over I'm not joking on Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: No, I think that it is totally fair. I do think that you can lose your mechanics. He brought up clear, he brought up you brought up golf right like golfers. Yeah, yeah, any any golfer will tell you that you can lose your mechanics, you can lose your swing. So I do think it is in play that Trevor Lawrence is I mean, hell, Mahomes said it this week that he doesn't think that he his mechanics are completely locked in that he's relying too much on his arm and he's not seat right now with his feet and his footwork. So I do think that when you have an arm like Trevor Lawrence, which is a top ten arm in the NFL, it makes it possible that you you lose your fundamentals a little bit more. And so I don't think they're gonna bench him like Thug Peterson was like anything's on the table, Like, I don't think it is, Like I don't think you're benching a two hundred and fifty million dollar quarterback. But I do think that you need to be working on footwork fundamentals and breaking him down a little bit. Deshaun Watson in Week one looked like he forgot how to play football.
Speaker 2: We charted it.
Speaker 5: He had six passes that landed out of bounce, like they're just like straight not catchable balls. And then that's not including airmailing guys throwing it at their feet, hurtling up. So I think he's regressed. I mean, he's been a little bit better since, but he's regressed terribly. Trevor Lawrence has regressed terribly, and Minshew, it's just funny you bring him up. What I've always said about him is like he's gonna go down swinging, like he's a fun quarterback to watch, yes, oh, and like but like delusional confidence, like he will he believes he can make every throw. Uh. It's like Mario Chalmers when he was on the heat and he had teammates that were Lebron, Bosh and Wade, and he was like, why don't you ever drop up the final play for me? And it's like, it's like I had a pretty big shot at Kansas in the final four. It's like, yeah, buddy, but that's Dwayne Wade, you know what I mean, Like your Gardner Minshew, why do you think you can make that throw? Uh? But like one out of two or three times he can make it, and so he does it. So he's a fun guy to watch. But I will say too, man, it's hard. Quarterback play in the NFL is very clearly hard. It's hard to project, it's hard to pay, it's hard to be consent and in and so that's also why and this isn't what you asked about, but I'm gonna say it anyway. Everyone being surprised by Josh Allen. It bothers me. He is clearly the second best quarterback in football, and he has been for a couple of years now. Yeah, yards, touchdowns, wins. Since twenty twenty, he's second in wins, He's second in yards, and he's first in touchdowns.
Speaker 2: All the Mahomes, you look at their numbers. Now, it's regular season.
Speaker 5: Mahomes obviously has him in the postseason undeniable, but yards, touchdowns, wins, he's two to two and one in terms of ranks since twenty twenty. And he doesn't have Andy Reid, he didn't have Tyreek Hill, he didn't have Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: He is a remarkable football player.
Speaker 5: And so be like, I'm so surprised that Josh Allen is doing this this year. Why because he lost Gabe Davis and Stefan Diggs, who like wit the last seven games of last season.
Speaker 2: Like it's just we need to do a better job.
Speaker 5: I think of, like, oh, you're not Mahomes, so we can like pick you apart and criticize you. I'm not saying no criticism is fair. Mahomes has thrown three terrible interceptions this year for total, Like, obviously anybody can be criticized, but like, if you've got a problem with Josh Allen at quarterback. Then the only guy you're allowed to like is Mahomes.
Speaker 2: He's the only one.
Speaker 5: It's a really hard position to be consistently great at.
Speaker 1: All. Right time for an utter edition of Sharper Square. Chad Millman, CEO Action Network. All of our odds provided by DraftKings. All Right, this is an interesting week. So I usually feel first cup of weeks, I'm kind of feeling it out. I never used to feel that way, but because nobody plays anybody in preseason, fewer padded practices, I kind of feel like the Jets in Week one offensively or awful. Then all of a sudden you watch them and you're like, wow, they lead the NFL in third down percentage. Like stuff happens fast because either Sean McVay, fewer padded practices. I'm not going to play any starters, but I do feel like I have. I kind of feel like I have. I got my feet beneath me on the league. But this is an instructive moment, and I'll tell you I want to start with this because I part of why I like doing Sharper Square. I like teaching myself stuff and the audience. So I really liked the Jets early in the week at minus six and a half. I think it's a bad spot for a rookie quarterback traveling going back, I get a veteran extra rest. This is a bad spot for bow Nicks. I thought Tampa I picked them in that week it was a good spot. And with rookie quarterbacks, it's a lot of where you land and how the schedule looks. Same with rookie coaches. New England on a Thursday night, bad spot off an overtime game. So I liked the Jets a lot. And now it's seven and a half. And I don't bet teams. I bet numbers in this league. So now I like Denver and just because of a point swing. So just as a point of instruction, how do the wise guys view that game?
Speaker 6: Well, they're going to bet Denver at seven and a half, and that's sort of what they've been waiting for. What you're doing, naturally, because you've been watching football and thinking about this for a long time, is looking at the number seven. It's a key number, right, and the key numbers mean that's the number, that's the delta between the two scores. That a lot of games land on in the NFL seven four three two with the extra point changes the past couple of years, those are now the key num and those are the ones that wise guys want to get on the right side of. So you liked New York at six and a half because it was on the right side of that key number of seven. You like Denver on the seven and a half because now you're on the right side of seven for Denver. So that is the delta, by the way, and that is the very very thin line between success and failure. We're talking about half a point in your logic, but that is the difference between winning and losing in so many of these games.
Speaker 1: So another point. I'm going to reflect on this because this week I don't have as strong as a conviction on games. But I'm fascinated by why a number is so about. Once a week there is a number I don't understand. Last week it was Seattle in Miami. I had a winning week. I didn't get the number Skyler Thompson against Mike McDonald's defense. That felt like a blowout to me. It's a hard place to play for TUA. Miami doesn't play well West or North usually They're just a different team. So the Steelers minus one and a half going to be four to zero, best defense arguably in the league against a quarterback who is in a t bow level forty nine percent completion percentage. I talked to one executive this week. He said his tapes as bad as a thrower as anybody he remembers. So I look at it and I think that number doesn't make sense. It should be Steelers minus two to two and a half to three. I would take Pittsburgh, but the market's confusing me. Explain the line.
Speaker 6: The market is confusing you because the Steelers are undefeated. They opened as two point favorites, and the line has moved in the direction of the Indianapolis cults. And what's more, what you can see in a lot of places, and most operators offer those DraftKings does as well. You can usually see the betting tickets and the betting money tickets means that the squares are coming in on a side. Money means that the professionals are coming in. And aside, the delta on this game is squares on the Steelers, money on the professionals. The line usually moves, I mean money on the Colts professionals on the Colts. The line usually moves in the direction of the money. That tells you that what the professionals are doing. The reason that's happening in this game is because a Mike Tomlin is historically great as a road underdog and historically bad as a road favorite. They are also not believing in Justin fields right now. They love the Steelers defense. They know if the Steelers get up that TJ. Watt is going to slam the door closed, and that's when he's amazing. But it's not like they're dominating teams. And if you even look at that Chargers game, it's ten to ten with a one legged Justin Herbert and it doesn't become a Steelers win until Justin Herbert is out of the game. Now they're going on the road in a game that should probably be pick based on the talent levels, and the strength of the Colts is not going to be Anthony Richardson throwing or trying to evade TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt.
Speaker 6: It's going to be what this offensive line, which is one of the top rated run blocking and top rated pass blocking lines in the league, can do to get Jonathan Taylor free in the open field. So that's why the wise guys like this matchup. They're getting a home underdog and an overvalued favorite.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into my picks this line. Initially I felt like Chicago was to play. It's now up to plus three. It's a coach quarterback league. It wasn't. The Rams won this game basically on special teams. But now they have both their tackles back. The interior offensive line is now played together for three games, so have these receivers. So the Niners were missing elements. But I don't try Steeber Flues or Shane Waldron. I'm not giving up a field goal to just a winning culture, the one that's trying to find their way. Bears are getting better. But I'll play the number Rams plus three Sharper square.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at three, it's sort of in the middle. We just talked about key numbers. If this game gets up to three and a half, the wise guys will play the Rams. But it opened at one, and the wise guys played the one, the one and a half, the two, the two and a half, and now it's at three. And their logic here is very much by low Sell high right, you just talked about last week. With four minutes and fifty seven seconds left in that game against the Niners, the Rams had a five percent chance to win that game. They needed every single thing to go right in that game, and it did. The Niners could not advance the ball deeper into the Rams side of the field. They missed a fifty five yard field goals scored in three straight plays. The play the next series, the forty nine Ers can't advance the ball, They punt. The Rams get a great punt return, They get three penalties on one play, including a twenty eight yard pass interference. They win the game. The Bears, meanwhile, couldn't have played worse. Caleb Williams was confusing Colts defenders for Bears receivers. They were truly terrible. They had no running game. Right twenty five seconds left in the third quarter, they're still down seven to three. When the Colts score a touchdown to go fourteen to three, five minutes left in that game, they're still down fourteen to nine. They had a chance to keep winning that game. Their pass rush is elite, their defense is getting better and better. You have to assume in this game that the Bears are not as bad as they were which is what the wise guys think, and the Rams cannot replicate that kind of luck no matter who's back on the field. All that said, your about Sean McVay and Matthew Stafford versus Ebra Flus and Caleb Williams is the one reason I've talked about this game all week. It is the one reason why I have heard wise guys saying I'm kind of hesitating. Those who are in are in, but those who are hesitating or hesitating because of that exact reason.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to take the Packers minus two and a half at home against the Vikings. The Vikings are playing really well, but they've always been a little better at home than on the road. Also, green Bay is winning without Jordan Love. The team is gaining confidence. Jordan Love is a massive step up. I also think Green Bay this year, for the first time in recent memory, is kind of a ball hawking defense that's creating turnovers. Sam Darnold historically will give you opportunities. So at minus two and a half, green Bay at home, I don't think people quite understand the coaching job. Winning with Malik Willis and looking good with Malik Willis, these aren't Luke Wins, I would swallow the two and a half take Green Bay sharper square.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a really tricky one because there is just universal split on this one. Wow, it went to two, It was at two, it got up to two and a half, it got up to three. The wise guys took the three bet it down to two and a half. You'll see it bouncing around back and forth. Everybody has an opinion on this game, and they are very strongly on Minnesota, very strongly on Green Bay. I can't give you a definitive answer. You could be right. Wise guys could be right. What's interesting in this game?
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 6: Matt Lafleur has been a genius in this scenario, and you have to credit what he has done with Milik Willis. You also have to credit Kevin O'Connell what he has done with Sam Donold to make him look like an MVP worthy quarterback to get his team undefeated. You have to credit Brian Flores, whose team is number one defensively in Dboa and make Brock Purdy and CJ. Shroud look mediocre to bad in two upsets for this team against quarterbacks who are really good against the blitz. Then there's one stat that keeps sticking in my craw teams that are short home favorites in divisional games against the spread since twenty sixteen. So I am completely torn on this game. I lean Minnesota. I'm hoping it gets back to three.
Speaker 1: I like Seattle plus three and a half at the Lions. Lions are missing their top center, Byron Murphy, the really really good defensive tackle number one pick for the Seahawks, has elevated a defensive front. I think one of the things about Seattle. I think they're one of the best coach teams in the league right now. On the defensive side. I don't quite feel like they finally figured out their offense last week with Detroit. Thirty five carries Montgomery and Gibbs, but you're not going to run like that on Seattle. See Adele has big playmakers. Detroit's Ohwa was susceptible if you can block Hudgson. Detroit's olways susceptible. The big plays. Three and a half's too big of a number. Gino complete seventy four percent of his throats. This is a highly competent offense efficient component and occasionally explosive. I don't trust the Lions here, Sharper square.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whyse guys still like the Seahawks here. If you can get the hook, that's what they're planning. The line has moved in their direction, even though it's Detroit at home inside when they are historically great against the spread. It went from four and a half down to four. Now it's at three and a half. All the things you said, there is some sort of hesitation because who of the Seahawks really beaten right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Like they beat up Skyler Thompson and Tim Boyle, they beat up Jacoby Brissett, and by the way, the pass played tough in that game, and if you look at the spread, it was a push. They beat up bo Nicks in his first game, and by the way, the Broncos came back at the end of that game and it was a push. So I'm not fully bought in on the Seahawks. They have been one of those teams professional betters have lid since before the season began. The number play is the Seahawks, but it's not like a slam dumb for me.
Speaker 1: And finally, there are games sometimes I just like to watch Bills getting two and a half the Ravens bills in a short week. I said this, the Ravens are a toe away from just having one really bad loss and crushing Dallas and beating the Chiefs. I like Baltimore. They had to replace a coordinator and some offensive linemen. I think that stuff, especially on the O line, takes time. I think the Ravens cover here sharper.
Speaker 6: Square totally sharp wise. Guys are on the Ravens. That's the play. It's scary, right you're going to betting against Josh Allen, who is wicked right now and is now the odds on favorite to win the MVP after what he did to the Jags on Monday Night. I mean, he was fierce right, his passes were pinpoint. He was running through the middle of that Jaguars line. But I do think that the value is on Lamar Jackson, who's twenty one and seven, as a short favorite or an underdog. It's a really good spot for the Ravens. Their defensive back line against the rush, they're getting a little bit better. I think the big fear is like, what are they going to do when Josh Allen is scrambling and improvising. They haven't proven to be able to really defend against that right now. We saw the Cowboys come back, but Ravens are definitely the right side the volume.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment rate and review