Speaker 1: The Nikki Gliser Podcast. Glaser, here's Nikki. Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicky Glazer Podcast. Second part of the week. I'm in Saint Louis. Brian's here, Noah's here. Brian, I'm already texting this morning talking.
Speaker 2: Yes, smack, talking smack. It's good to talk smack first thing in the morning. Really gets your day going, It.
Speaker 1: Really gets you go in. I'm just like, it's so fun to just send each other something and be like, what is this?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's just more of more of the same. The industry is just making the same mistakes over and over again and not realizing and they're not going to catch up.
Speaker 1: Brian has done the analytics on this, and he is so right.
Speaker 3: Is this about the sixtieth season of Days of Our Lives coming?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, is that a thing?
Speaker 4: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm happy for that that that's still going, because I felt like soap operas would have died out by now. Not that one nice to.
Speaker 2: See something last long at all, Like this is the age of one season and done. To have something last sixty seasons is a nice thing. It's good to have a commitment.
Speaker 1: Without getting two in depth and alienating the people who don't give a fuck about Hollywood and how it runs. What is the overall gripe Brian that you think that their mistake they're making over and over that we are not making like we are now because I have your brain incepted into mine, and Chris too, Chris also is of your same thinking. It's adjusted the way I do things, even though I was maybe airing on the other side of things, and it's the wrong way to do it. Tell me about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is controversial, and maybe I'll get in trouble for saying this, and I don't think I will. And this has nothing to do with the fact that Trump just got elected.
Speaker 4: I just want to be clear, but.
Speaker 2: Truly, for about the last fifteen years, Hollywood and comedy only and I can't speak to not comedy, but Hollywood felt that making political statements with being the first blank or breaking this ceiling or doing something with this type of person was more important than making something that people wanted to watch. And for about six they're a six year span where there was enough like liberal support for that that people would watch it even if they didn't really like it. They would just support it, and that is ending. And what happened was when comedy became that in the industry, there was this void of comedy mostly for white men. I'm a white man, mostly for white men, that the industry was not filling. And so that comedy went to the Internet, and all of a sudden, there was this explosion.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, all of a sudden, stand, all of a sudden. It's everyone. People say it all the same time. They say all the sudden, And I would never correct you if you were a dumb person.
Speaker 4: Because I just be like, what did I say all of a sudden?
Speaker 1: You said all of a sudden?
Speaker 4: I think I just like slurred. Let's play it back, Let's play it back.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is why Jennifer Garner moment where she's like, actually going in that's not a real word, and then they look it up and he's like, yes, okay, go on, Brian. Sorry.
Speaker 2: So then comedy went to the Internet and there and podcast came and podcasts and there was because because Hollywood did not serve it serving those people, these white men and others. Apparently now that they're Trump's been elected, apparently it's also Latito man and an Asian man or whatever. But that's the problem is dicing up people into these groups and thinking that you can pander to these individual groups and give them like like, if you're a woman, you just want to see a show about a powerful woman being tackling women's issues.
Speaker 4: And it's like, that's not true. You just want to a good show.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, Like, I think women don't want to see that. Like I I'm speaking for myself, but when I'm going through a hard time in my life and I need TV to soothe me, I don't want to see someone like living their best life and like doing things like I don't want inspiration. I want kind of like depression porn, you know, Like I want things to validate the state that I'm in. I want things I don't want to. I don't want to watch aspirational things.
Speaker 4: Or did you like Handmaid's Tale?
Speaker 1: No? Actually, I was too disturbed by it. It was too real. I just saw the first episode and I've based everything I know off the show based on that one episode. I just didn't like. I didn't like how like good Men were like, oh it's weird, I'm getting your money. Well that's crazy. Paige I don't like this either, Like it felt like kind of the vibe post Trump, where it was like women were all really upset and men were kind of like, yeah, I'm sorry, and you're just like you should be even more mad, but it's like, whoa, it's so weird that your money isn't in mine. Now, well, maybe we'll look into this, and then they don't, and then they find off. I was just kind of feeling like, oh, that's kind of the vibe of like they're mad but not mad enough, and now I'm completely numb to everything, like I don't. My mom's like, guess who's the oh gos? She picked up her phone last night, Who the fuck is McMahon some wrestling person? And she and I go, I don't care anymore. I literally you could tell me Kid Rock is the Secretary of Defense. I don't care. I am done. I've given up, like I've turned I've turned off my brain. I was saying on girls Chut today that I felt like this country was a had like term you know, has terminal cancer, and was like stage three or four around the election, and now it's it's definitely there's no word off chemo. We're not trying anymore, and we're just waiting for it to die. And I I'm just gonna enjoy it while I have it. I'm not gonna like bitch about it anyway. I just I just you know, I'm just gonna lean into it's great for me. It's sixty five degrees November twentieth in Saint Christ, Missouri. It's like, this is kind of awesome. I don't have fucking kids. I don't have I don't. I'm just gonna stop. I'm gonna turn off my empathy for a couple months because I can't really handle it, and I gotta focus on work, and I don't really have time to give a fuck about at all the atrocities of the world.
Speaker 4: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't have time for it. I I can't do it. So just muting.
Speaker 2: You're gonna wake up every day and be upset every single day about something that you have no control over.
Speaker 1: I just said, Mom, put down the phone, like doctor Oz. I don't, of course, doctor Oz. Of course it's doctor. It seems like an Onion article or an Onion headline. It's not anymore. It's we're living in the onion and I I am just enjoying the rock.
Speaker 4: He is in charge of the geological survey.
Speaker 1: Because he because his name has rock in it. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I think that with comedy, it's like I think you're absolutely right, Like Chris is always and you know, when we were working on my past two specials, any kind of moment where I'm kind of like, you know, ladies, or like, you know, just kind of angry at men in general, which I've never really am, it's always like I'm almost like I wasn't playing into that vibe or trying to serve that like wokeness. It was just like it was almost saying it ironically at sometimes at some points in my set where I would just kind of make the easy joke about like about throwing men under the bus or or being like it's so hard to be a woman like, and he just very gently was like, I gotta be honest, like I don't want to listen to this stuff. We already know it. It just turns me off. And if you want, if I'm gonna have to listen to you complain about so and so is selling out this place and other that guy is selling out this place and I'm not or any kind of complaint you have comparing yourself to people who don't make these kinds of bold statements or these kind of woke statements. You're choosing to alienate people that would sell out those places by saying this stuff, these little, like cutting, little remarks. So that was not easy to hear. And it was like a little bit of like, oh, so you're gonna silence me and you're gonna let this is the fucking patriarchy at play right now. It I heard it, But I also was like, you know what, the people that buy tickets to my shows don't need to be scolded about who they are. It's actually one of the parts about comedy I hate more than anything is when you group a whole group together and you like the tribalism of like you're all like this. Like even when I get into the stuff about like dads don't do as much as moms, I always reiterate dads. I am not mad at you. I am not saying men step it up. There's no part of me that wants that these are just the gender roles. I'm just pointing out that it is. There is a disparity, but I'm not being like, what the fuck like that's why I'm choosing not to be a mom, because I know the roles and I don't want that role, like I would want the dad role. That sounds good. And I'm not shitting on you by saying it's easier than being a mom. I'm just I'm trying to make fun of the fact that these are the gender roles, not that you are somehow, you know, holding us back or whatever. Like I have to reiterate that because I truly believe that, Like, it's not a dad's fault that he's expected to do less, it's just it just is the way it is.
Speaker 2: And also, not every joke has to become a huge thing where you're making a statement about the patriarchy. It can be just you're just joking around about this. And like, I feel like even Ali was watching this a movie that came out in twenty seventeen or something about Billy Jean King, and did you know this story about how.
Speaker 4: Billy Jean King Battle of the Sexes? Yeah, the Battle of the Sexes? Do you know that story? I don't know very vaguely, so I think it was the seventies.
Speaker 2: But back in the seventies there was this like quote unquote misogynistic man who said that there's no way that a woman could be a man in tennis?
Speaker 4: Is that R Jim mc connor. I don't know. I believe I have to watch it. I still have to watch it.
Speaker 1: This is like my cursory knowledge of things that I should know more about.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, anyway, I don't want to butcher this.
Speaker 2: But it was this huge event in the seventies where there was like a misogynistic man versus a feminist woman and they're gonna have a tennis match. And there were two matches, and I don't want to spoil it, but uh, there were two matches and they had different outcomes. But in the lead up to these events, the misogynistic man was being ultra misogynistic on purpose to like juice up the events, and like the wrestling match, and Billy Jean King was also rolling with the punches and being like, oh.
Speaker 4: You think women need to be in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: He's like, women should be in the kitchen pregnant, barefoot, not playing tennis, and she's like, yeah, well, you know, men should have their dick cut off or whatever. And it was fun and everyone was saying it with like a little bit of like a tongue in cheek.
Speaker 4: We're having a good time.
Speaker 2: They had the tennis match and if you I mean ultimately Billy Jean and King came out on top and no one was like, this is such a this is horrible that they were even talking this way.
Speaker 4: It was just fun.
Speaker 2: And that's what I feel like we should return to is being like not everything has to be so incredibly serious, where everything is an indictments a lot.
Speaker 4: Of societety what.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of activism in TV shows and sometimes people just want to watch a boob tube.
Speaker 1: They just don't.
Speaker 2: Yes, we don't need the activism in comedy in our in any anymore.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't want to learn things sometimes, right, And that's what happened, Fel.
Speaker 2: That's why the the that's why people aren't watching those shows like.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why clapter became a thing rather than laughter. Like with in comedy, like you would just say a statement that people would feel like I got I got to agree with this the and they would clap and that it would almost take the It almost seemed to the naked eye that it was this person's killing because they're getting an applause break. But it's just like they had nothing else. They couldn't laugh, they had to do something, so that's what they did with it, and it happens all the time. It's like makes TV unwatchable. I can't take clapping anymore. Like I I love thank you so much to people who make TikTok videos and reels where you take out the laughter and the clapping, because I can't watch stand up because of all the fucking applause breaks and just like showmanship of just like basking in, we don't I don't need to see that shit. I can determine myself. I'm not at home standing up clapping. Let's just get through it. Let's get to the next joke. I don't need to see you being so grateful that everyone showed up to Radio City or wherever the fuck you are, Like, I don't care. And I love when they when you watch these clips and I go, God, why is this suddenly watchable for me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Because they took out all of that. Like there are some shows that I would I would venture to guess. I don't want to call out one show because it's a friend of mine, but their show is probably fifty percent clapping at least, and I would like to someday with Chris Timett because it's it's one of these things that I I always just do ten seconds ahead every single time he hits a punchline because I know that it's going to be, oh, well, you know what, I changed the gender when I'm talking shit about people all the time, and no one ever notices.
Speaker 4: It's not Conan because you love him, so who is it going to be?
Speaker 1: Conan doesn't bask? Conan does not basks.
Speaker 4: I mean, Conan needs to come back.
Speaker 1: I love Conan so much. Yeah, I've been watching like old clips of his and it was just so silly and fun, and he wasn't really there was yeah, there wasn't a lot of.
Speaker 4: Well that's what happened shows.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't care. I love Jimmy Kimmel and I am so grateful for his show, especially the week after he won, Like I was just waiting every night to see what Jimmy would say because I just felt like Jimmy has such a big heart and really put his self on the line by taking a huge stance on things, and I just felt like, you know, he'll he's the one that's gonna pay the price if Trump really has his way with like you know what I mean, Like he put his neck out there and is really extremely brave. I wrote him an email being like, thank you so much, because I really felt that way. I was like, I it was the only thing that week that made me feel better was watching his show. And yeah, it's just it must have been hard to make shows that week. And I you know, I haven't like kept up with things, but I'm always I'm such a huge fan. I love that Jimmy Kimmel is political.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about his show at all, obsessed I do.
Speaker 2: I do want to say it goes both ways too. It's not just woke comedians doing like woke things with the applause that's cringe. It's also people on the right who are just like repeating Fox News talking points as their comedy, which is also cringe.
Speaker 4: It's like, the the point of a comedian.
Speaker 2: Is not to just buttress your political point of view. It's to make unique observations and make people laugh and.
Speaker 4: Like you get.
Speaker 1: George Carlin was very political and almost everything he talked about and and I loved it.
Speaker 4: Those were unique point of views. Those were his ideas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it didn't he didn't seem to be straddling like any line.
Speaker 1: It was just kind of like, you know, yeah, he hated both sides, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Sure, well he would attack both sides, but he also he was he had his own unique perspective on things, and that's I think what a joke is. And right now you have people on the right who are literally just saying Fox News talking points as their jokes, and you have people on the left who are literally just repeating something that Rachel Maddow would say on MSNBC as their jokes. Well, and instead of getting laughs, they're getting applause.
Speaker 1: Show that I'm obsessed with right now. That is just like a feels like a remedy, a balm to my soul because it's so funny and like, is doing exactly what I want from comedies and have have craved and is just nailing it so fucking hard. I'm obsessed with English Teacher on FX. I watched five episodes last night. I've always seen it. Yeah, Sean Patten's on it. He's amazing in it. It's so fun to see, you know, an old friend who you started in comedy with just like latch into a role and like thrive. He's so good.
Speaker 4: I think for season two are it's it better.
Speaker 1: It is so from the get I mean, the pilot is incredible. The whole fucking show is so good. It's so the people talk like real people. The like there's just one scene where the guy's like talking to his boyfriend at a restaurant and he's in the middle of this really big point and he's like, and then he overhears the song play and he's like, I love the song. He's like, and you know what it's about. It's about principle. Oh fuck, I love this song and it's about me standing up for what's right. And it was just like a moment, like who thought that puts that in the script? Like you see that happen all the time. It's just so fucking real. I just love it so much. I can't recommend it enough. I wrote Anya last night. As I started the first episode, I was like, this is fucking great. You and Matt will loving the year. She started it immediately and was like, oh my god, we are obsessed. It's just an instant. You'll love it an instant in an instant, And then my dad came home from tennis because I was watching with my mom. My dad was at tennis. He came home, he jumped in. On episode five, we were cracking up, like hard laughs, hard laughs on a show where you don't know the characters yet you just met them and you're already in like truly A plus a A plus. I love this show and everyone is The performances are out of this world. The woman who plays the female friend teacher is so good that the guy that created the show, who's the lead, I think they all write on it. It's just it's it's brilliant. It like my creators amazing.
Speaker 4: And it's not renewed for season two yet I just looked it up.
Speaker 1: It really that is a travesty because it is an instant hit. It is so fucking strong. It just makes me think of how many strong shows are out there that just don't make it. Like I have so many friends who are like, one of the best scripts I ever read wrote in my life, like it almost got made and then it didn't, and I go, well, where is it? What wasn't that fifteen years ago? Why don't you drudge it up again? Why can't we get that back out there, like so many things, so much. I remember learning my freshman year of college at University of Colorado was the only class I ever retained any information from that in a psychology class I took. But this one was about television and he was telling he was like, how many pilots do you think it made a year? And we all like guess and he was like, or get written a year and like considered and read and we were all like twenty five and he was like it was like five hundred to one thousand, and he goes, how many do you think get made? And then we were like, I don't know ten and he was like, no, like seventy. I mean this is two thousand and three. And he's like, and how many of those shows actually go to to air?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: It was like five? And then how many of those become a friends one every six years? It's like it's it's it blew my mind. But there's within that, there's so many scripts that are just would have been the next Seinfeld, would have been the next Curve, would have been the next thirty Rock that just never see the light of day because it was just the wrong time. They just had a show already with that kind of setting, or they couldn't find the right lead for it, or he was you know, had a deal with someone else. It's like, I just think it's so weird in this business that if us, if something doesn't you've had things almost go and then that thing is dead. You can never bring it back out again.
Speaker 2: The best what they ever wrote is a sitting in Fox right now and why yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Well, well they dust it off and consider it again when they're having a slow season. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Here's what's infuriating is in despite every all those numbers you just said, think about all of the horrible shows that do make it to air. It's like, how did that get filtered through a process of thousands to make it too serious?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Are they I mean, well, to be safe, there was.
Speaker 1: This they were attaching an actor that's really famous nepotism. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes and then sometimes not. Sometimes it's like a random piece of shit. Now, I do think that like to make a to make a show good, like, there is an infinite number of things that can go wrong, and even if you are like you have an amazing script, an amazing idea. Like there's a thousand different factors that go into making a show good or bad, and if any one of those things goes wrong, if it's an exec, if it's a prop person, if it's anything, if it's the title, then you could wind up having a piece of shit show. So it is like, I understand how these shit shows make it to air. But yeah, no, I agree. It's like we don't need writers, don't really need to write anything anymore.
Speaker 1: There are dig up old scripts. Take them to have cell phones in them, there are to put the I mean, okay, we got to go to break. We'll come back after this time. We won't talk about TV anymore because I know some people are gonna be like, enough, right, we'll be back up for this. Oh what do we have to talk about it? Besides is cheerie? Anything going on in your guys' lives? I got my mine's pretty boring over here. It's just been like, wake up, go to Starbucks, walk my dog, go to the park. Oh my dog almost got hit by a car today. That was terrifying. I don't know what to do because I like letting her off leash. It's like there's a huge fields for her to run. She goes, she gets out of the card and she goes like zipping, and then she gets so much energy out chasing squirrels. And she just got a little bit far away from me because I let her go. And she never runs in the street, like she just knows stay in grass. But then she got us. She saw a squirrel and she had to chase that dragon, and she just went across the street. And my you know, I held my breath just being like Nikki, if you lose her, this is your fault and you can live with the consequences like this is you know. I like was like ready to lose my dog and watch my dog get run over, and she didn't, and I was I screamed so loud my throat hurt afterwards because I was just like OK. And then I felt so dumb, like how can I let that happen? And I can never let that happen again. But I don't really know how to prevent it, because that is our favorite thing to do, is go and I will just chase her more. Every time she goes and runs, I will chase her so I'll be close to her so that she never gets by the road. That's my new catch up to her. She's she's usually like I can let her go pretty far and she always comes back to me and never goes in the street. We've been doing this, I mean, we've probably done this fifty sixty times, going to this area of the park. And this is the first time that a squirrel just got her to the edge. And then that squirrel darted across the street, so then she followed, and so I just have to stay. I have a plan now that I'm just not gonna let her get near roads. I just can't. And that because off leash, yes exactly, I know, but dogs don't like to run as much in yards as they do when it's like an open field, you know what I mean, Like you let a dog out in the backyard and it just stands there because the same smells over and over. Yes, it needs new smells. Yeah. I And on the least, she just doesn't know how to behave on a leasion. I'm trying to train her. It's just a fucking you know.
Speaker 2: It's hire somebody, that's a You can just hire someone to train her. Come every day for two months and then you'll have a perfect dog.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, or you give her to someone and they keep her for like two weeks and they just do a program with her and then they give her back to your trained.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting. I actually was thinking about what am I going to do with her during Golden Globes and maybe I take her to somewhere to go train in training camps Angeles. Yeah, there's probably tons of them out there for oh yeah, rich people who are on stone.
Speaker 2: Everybody should do that. You know, it's just so much. You don't have to be responsible for teaching your dog how to how to say kids to school?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Right? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Why is it shameful to not train like I don't. I don't want to try. I just I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 2: If you have the money, consistent, then just pay to get your dog trained and then in two to three weeks you will have a perfect dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is interesting and I should have been doing this all along. Okay, thank you. It's never too late.
Speaker 4: It's never too late to train it dog. You can't you can't tea You can teach an old dog new tricks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I think that's true. She's so cute I'm obsessed with her. But yeah, any any shows out of your life?
Speaker 2: Well, this is so fucking boring, but I did want to talk to you about this because I I wondered if you ever tried this?
Speaker 4: Have you ever taken gin saning? Oh God, Jin Sing tea?
Speaker 1: No? I think I probably had Gin sing infused Arizona tea.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, yeah, no I never No. I mean it really works, it really is.
Speaker 1: What and how do you take it?
Speaker 2: I drink it as a tea. I've been talking to Chris about this. You're gonna see gin sing popping up in your life now because.
Speaker 1: Chris more things he'll buy and not use.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So well, so Jin saying is like there's American gin saying, it's Asian gin saying. It's very popular in China, Like old men in China are sipping on gin sing tea constantly, so much so that it's kind of like a joke, Like look at that old man sipping on that tea.
Speaker 4: That's what they said.
Speaker 1: Where did you hear about it? I've been ready to get into it right now.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, just.
Speaker 2: Trying to solve all my problems with herbal supplements. But I gin Sang tea works a lot like caffeine, except it's not jittery and it doesn't give you a crash. And I don't know how people with caffeine will respond to JINSNK because maybe it's not like powerful enough. But it's like telling someone who like does Heroin to like do jumping jacks. But it is like a replacement for caffeine. And I was like, there's no fucking way this works. This is a bunch of you know, you know, Chinese bullshit. And then I drank a cup of Gin Sang tea and I really felt like laser focused and energized for several hours, as if I drank caffeine.
Speaker 1: Did you just buy the Gin Sing tea at like the store, like a normal store. Did you have to go to like a Asian food market and get like the real stuff?
Speaker 2: I got it off Amazon on It's one of those you know how there's like teas that are like, this isn't tea, this is medicine.
Speaker 4: You know those boxes. I got one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I work. Bestie just sent me she just opened a Eastern medicine shop, and she sent me a bunch of herbal supplements and things that I've been taking that are supposed to like. She was like, I know you have depression of anxiety. So here's a bunch of I mean, I could go get hold on. Let me go get the card that she sent me. I got some supplements. Okay, here, Oh my god, they're so cute. Okay, so she the Eastern Philosophy is the name of.
Speaker 4: I think that is a bag of jin.
Speaker 1: Saying you have the Eastern Philosophy dot com. No it's not. It's these are like uh dates, yeah, at the Eastern Philosophy. This is not an ad. By the way, this is a bestie named Nina Cheng ch e Ng. She wrote a book called Chinese Medicine for the Mind, a science inspect god to improving mental health with traditional Chinese medicine. Includes thirty five plus herbal formulas for depression, anxiety, ADHD and more. She said, I hope you and Nikki, I hope you enjoy reading my new book, Chinese Medicine for the Mind and learning about traditional Chinese medicine's natural approach to mental well being. I also included some other goodies from the Eastern Philosophy. My Chinese Medicine Online apothcary. Okay, so there's relax Plus, which is I don't know how to pronounce one of the most research herbal medicines for depression anxiety. Okay, relax Plus. I've been taking it every day. Don't know what's going on yet, but I've been taking it for I think five days. And you take these little beads. It's amazing what they look like. They look like little six slts. Do you know what six lots are? They look like little they look like little beads. They're like the size of a bead that you would put on a friendship bracelet. And they're little black beads and I don't know what's inside them, but I like it. So that's page seventy five. Who I don't know? I don't know. People have been like I don't know whenever on antidepressants. I didn't know if they were working or not. But this is supposed to take the place of like a a zoloft.
Speaker 4: Which antidepressants were you taking?
Speaker 1: None? You've never taken like in my life, I took prozac, I took trintle licks, I took.
Speaker 4: Zoloft, I took you or do you hate them?
Speaker 1: I never knew, and I just always was like I think I felt like numb on them for a while. I remember when I was friends with the famous person. She was talking about how her mom was on Zoloft and that they went hang gliding and that they had like go pros on their heads, you know, to be like to film them hang gliding, and her mom was on like the same dose of the zoloft I was on, and she was like, yeah, my mom, my mom. We looked at the video later of us hang gliding and like the whole time I'm hang gliding, I'm like whoa, Holy shit, whoa. And then we're like landing and we're going through this like grass, this like tall grass. We're like it's like swapping us in the face. We're like and we're like, oh my god. And my mom was just like just no expression, just like looking around, and I was kind of like, oh, I think she just said that, And I was like, man, I relate to that feeling of like not being impressed by anything. And so then I got off it. And then the exact.
Speaker 2: Thing happened to me with Cymbalta. I felt numb. I couldn't feel anything. And then my stepdad passed away and I was like, I don't feel sad, and that's when I decided I'm going to stop taking Symbalta.
Speaker 4: And it was really hard to get off of too. You get brains apps.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've been getting brain as late. Those brains apps are off, dude. Okay, so I've been getting those lately, and I think it's from I don't know, like, no, it was over the last no, no, no, no, no, it was actually they went away with the bills. I think I was getting them from tiredness or maybe like my ADHD meds, I don't take them enough, and I was taking them last week and I don't know what it was, but it was like, it's that it feels like a jolt on your scalp, not much your brain, but like your scalp. Is that what it feels like? Like a burn in sections of your scalp.
Speaker 4: Not for me.
Speaker 2: For me, it felt like a elect your brain lightning bolt in my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, then that's not what I felt. Because I kept looking up like what is this like random sharp scalp pain, and it kept saying brains apps And I'm like, but mine's on my scalp I would never think this was in my brain. It just feels in the skin of my scalp anyway. So this formula that she that I got called relax Plus. It says it's the most research and proven remedy for depression in the world. Its name refers to the wonderful effects that the remedy has in supporting circulation as well as softer emotions, digestive function, and inner resources, while also stabilizing mood. A two thousand and one randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study found that for mild to moderate depression with anxiety, this formula was as effective as zoloft, but its effect felt sooner and was deemed safer and less expensive than its Western medicine counterpart. So if you guys want to check this stuff out, this is again not an ad I don't. I'm gonna be buying the stuff for myself. And then she gave me. Okay, So she gave me that it's called relax plus r E L A x X plus and you can find it at the Eastern Philosophy or the Eastern Philosophy dot com. Soothe Well a popular herbal formula for instant calm. I haven't tried that yet. Luong T l o o n g T, a Tibetan medicine herbal T for mental instability. My mom and I have been fucking chugging this shit every night and we're loving it. L o o n g T. It's just like a soothing T. I mean, T always makes me feel soothing, so I can't speak to it be like having remarkable effects all of a sudden on my body. But I was feeling anxious yesterday. I went to my parents' house. I made this tea that I had made the night before too, and I felt calmer once I had that T in me.
Speaker 2: But even if it's a placebo effect, that that's real, Yeah, yeah, is real if it's convincing enough to you that your brain, oh.
Speaker 1: Right, you're actually take the places.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then pooping jujubes. Pooping jube jubes are essentially dates. And this is a bag of these dates and it says super you know, a super food. It's a pokemon that I caught, a superfood herb used in TCM. I don't know what that is for releading anxiety. Yeah, So they these are sponsored by them. Eat two to three a day straight out of the bag. So it's just like it's like a dried date what they're called, but they're a special kind of date. They're almost like they have like a raspberry color to them. Anyway, this book is I'm gonna read. I'm actually really excited to read it. I think this is like the future of what American health system is going to be because my sister.
Speaker 3: Well, Eastern medicine was around even longer than Western medicines.
Speaker 1: But I mean, this is what people are doing because it's so terrifying to go with the doctor because you don't know what you're gonna get, you don't know the bill that's going to proceed. You just like you can't anticipate fucking anything anymore. And it's like if people are terrified to go to the doctor because of all the expenses that they're just even my sister the other day has a pinch nerve and I and she goes, I'm I'm going to the chiroprocture today. I'm like, okay, sweet, I'll meet you there. Because I'm kind of obsessed with watching YouTube videos of like muscle manipulation stuff, so I was like, I'm going to see it live. I was like, I'm here for YouTube Live and I walked in and I got to see her get an exam and it was like so ASMR. I like loved it so much, but she's in so much pain, the poor thing. But she just told me, I'm just doing this because I am just trying to like work around the medical system. She was like, I'm just trying to do anything that doesn't get me near a hospital with all the costs. Like at least this is like upfront about costs, like you know exactly what you're getting, and shout out to Cairo One on Lindall near the Schnooks. They were so it was it was like in a strip mall, and I was like, what is this going to be? But the guy who was her physician was so thorough, so kind, so empathetic, so like was didn't recognize me or anything like was not was almost putting on a show of like teaching us about out alignment and all these enligaments and different showing us different diagrams. But like it was just the kind of attention to detail that like made me feel so good about the world and like, oh my god, there's still some people in the medical profession that are still passionate about what they do and and really want to help people because you just read so many stories about doctors being dismissive of women's pain and men's pain too. It's you guys as well, but just like not getting it. I mean, the horror story of your medical bullshit that you've had to deal with, Brian, that was only made your too tooth pain only came out of you of malpractice, of someone misaligning your filling and setting your whole jaw off kilter, and then you not saying anything because you didn't really feel comfortable saying something, and you did, but they kind of dismissed it. It's like it's it's a nightmare. So it was just like, actually this place really made me feel so good. I was like, I texted my mom immediately, I'm like, I want to get you in with this guy. He's legit. Anyway, what did you say, No, sir, Well, I was saying, what happened.
Speaker 3: What you were describing that Brian went through has just happened to my friend who has TMJ and he got a couple of teeth put in or something and they misaligned it and it just like really aggravated his TMJ now every time he eats his jaw cracks.
Speaker 1: No, that's horrible. Oh god, that's so upsetting. I'm so sorry to your friend.
Speaker 2: Dentistry is maybe like a false profession. I don't believe in dentistry anymore. I don't think that they actually help. I think getting cleanings helps. I think getting cavity fillings helps to a degree. But like everything else that they do, it feels like it's a bunch of quackery, like they don't even know what the fuck they're doing.
Speaker 1: My friend went to a dentist here in Saint Louis and was told that she needed nine teeth filled and like a couple of root canals, like something crazy, like crazy, right, and so she was like she was gonna do it because she's like but she was like, this is weird for me. I've never really had anything like that, Like I had cavities here and there. She went to a second opinion, No cavities, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because they're grifters. I'm out on Vegas, but just be be.
Speaker 1: Be cautious out there. And it sucks to get a second opinion because that's costs money.
Speaker 2: Right and time. Yeah, I'm out on Vegas. I'm out on dentists. I'm done those my two things. Twenty twenty four ins and outs. We're getting to the end of the year. We can we can start doing ins and outs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should think of some outs because yeah, I'm I'm.
Speaker 4: You got an inn.
Speaker 3: Well, empathy, You're out of empathy. I'm I'm out on empathy till the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Empathy will come back January sixth, which I know is a weird date for it, but post Golden Globes, I am shutting it off. Can't care, can't Uh no empathy, Actually.
Speaker 4: Have no empathy between January.
Speaker 1: Really sick January six Uh yes, yes, that's those are the dates I'm out on. I'm I'm out on loud noises. I'm tired of everything being loud. I'm out on I can't even think of anything else I'm out on. I'm really in on sleep. I think I'm back on meditation and yeah, Kirsten told the Girl's Chet that she's been meditating just five minutes a night before she went to bed, and she said that she was before. She was like, I've never even heard her say anything like this, but she's like, I don't know I've just been feeling so awkward lately, Like I just feel awkward. And I didn't really know what she meant by that, but she's just like, I don't know, I just can't think of what to say when I'm meant to talk, and then when I do talk, I feel like I'm saying the wrong thing. And She's never been someone that ever has struck me as someone that's awkward, and so I couldn't really picture it, but I understand that. I think we can all relate to that feeling. And then she said she started she got away from meditating because she had a baby and life kind of got it in the way, and then she got back into it just five minutes a night, and she said her awkwardness has gone away. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's a cure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I believe it. What a CREA's is mindfulness. You know, it creates like you will think about your thoughts before you say them. You can get your ducks in a row before you just open your mouth. It creates a way for you to sort through your thoughts and not just have a junk drawer in your head that you're just grabbing blindly thoughts and saying it's spilling them out, so I think it's good. I tried to meditate today, but I fell asleep, So I tried.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when when we were on the radio show, you would meditate every morning before radio and everything you were doing like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you go home you do more every single morning, because that's what TM is. It's twenty minutes in the morning, twenty minutes in the afternoon. And yeah, it was. It was really a good practice. And my dogs would sit they like knew it was time to meditate after their walk, and I'd come back and it just, yeah, it's great. I really want to get back into it. I'm glad I did say.
Speaker 4: It'll fall asleep.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Is that where you like go to different parts of your body and no, like, okay.
Speaker 1: It's the one that you pay for that you can't talk about it all because they make money off of it and it's like a sacred practice that they passed down through Venmo exchange and you get a mantra. But pretty much, if you want to meditate, this is if anyone's like it seems like to what do I do? Literally close your eyes, set a timer on your phone for five minutes, close your eyes and just pay attention to your breath. Literally, you could just say in out in your head, just repeat in out with your breath.
Speaker 4: Gave me a who gave me my mantra? I forgot what.
Speaker 1: It was then, Yeah, I could get busted for that.
Speaker 4: Some dentist gave it to We're.
Speaker 1: Done with dentists. Yeah, you just say something over.
Speaker 4: Dentists should be a slur. Dentist should be like.
Speaker 1: That episode, Yeah, he was like, he was like, dentists are what do they say? They're they're sadis with better magazines. Yeah, Jerry doesn't like DENTI dentist. And then Kramer accuses him, you're an anti dentine and he goes, I am not an anti dentide. He goes, you're a rabbit. And I did not know what an anti semite was when that episode aired, so I didn't even know like what it was based off of. And then at the very end of it, he's like, so he's like, he's in a he's watching someone get married, I think, and he's sitting next to Will Grace from Will and Grace and she's like a girl. He's trying to hit on and he's like he's like, I hate Dennis and she's like I hate Dennis too, and they're kind of like relating about it, and she's like, ugh, they're the worst. And he's like finally, like yes, this girl that I'm hitting on like gets that I don't like Dennis. No one else does. And we have this connection and she goes not to mention the Jews and then it just freezes and goes to get to the I like, I'm Seinfeld is like this, I'm back on Seinfeld. In random episodes of Seinfeld, bring them back into your life. They are so soothing, they are so nostalgic. I was just texting Andrew about it because I posted one of my story so many people wrote to me on Instagram being like, oh my god, this is one of the best scenes ever. You know, it's when George finds the golf ball in the whales blowhole and he's like you know the scene was angry that day my friends. Yeah, like an old Jewish man time trying to return soup in a deli. Maybe I added Jewish to that bud he's in a Delhi, so but and and soup, yeah, and returning soup no events, but yeah, that seems anyway. It was just it's just the best show. When we watched it last night, my dad, I just I go, Dad, you want to watch a Seinfeld. It was like eleven at night and we were kind of like maybe it was like ten thirty. I was like, just put on a and we were like, hell, yeah, we put on a Seinfeld and I picked the marine Biologist episode that's the most one of the most famous episodes. He's like, I don't know, we've seen this one a bunch, and I go, but that's why it's so good, Like let's just put it on and go, and it was. It's just, man, it's just so funny and so it just reminds me of a simpler time. I think it's nostalgic. But I even think if you don't like no or you didn't grow up with Seinfeld, it's something. It's really like a soothing show. And everyone. I really I hate people that older people that talk down to me. But if you're a younger person that's never seen Seinfeld, I e Emily, I think Emily's probably seen Seinfeld. It's one that you should go back and watch. It's just, yeah, it's a classic.
Speaker 2: That's why it made me so pissed when I forgot what the controversy was. What Seinfeld said that made everybody mad of something about Israel or something like that, and everyone was on threads. It wasn't even Twitter, it was threads saying how Seinfeld.
Speaker 4: Was never funny.
Speaker 2: I never understood why said it was the only time I actually posted a thread where I just said, everybody needs to put their pitchforks away. Seinfeld is one of the best shows of all time, and it's just it's just people allowing their political beliefs to infiltrate their enjoyment of a comedy show. Because seinn Feld said in an interview something about I don't even remember what they all entirely discounted one of the best comedy or they part no.
Speaker 1: But you can't help if something turns you off about something that you love, Like there are things that I used to love and then I hear that person be shitty or I hear that person say something, and I'm just like, I now like hate what they do, and I literally do hate it. It's not even like I'm choosing to hate it to take a stand like I don't like it anymore. But it's rare that that happens. I think I can mostly separate the art from the artist.
Speaker 2: But right like, if I found out that, like Matt Gates wrote The Office, I don't know if I'd be able to watch it the same way.
Speaker 1: That's a really good point. He certainly did, you know.
Speaker 2: I was particularly mad at other comedians who were also shitting on Seinfeld the show, as if that didn't influence their entire comedic sensibilities during this controversy. That was to me irredeemable.
Speaker 1: It's caa, it's very ca Yeah. I will say that I recommended on the podcast that movie what's it called My Old Ass?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Emily watched it. I got a message from her last night. First of all, she looks exactly like the girl in the movie. So she was said she felt like she was watching herself, like live this this thing that you're already is going to make you very, very emotional what happens in it. But she was like, so she's like filmed a video of herself. After she watched, she was like, Nikki, what the fuck I just got done? I'm like got done, sobbing. It was like I don't know. It's like I was watching myself like go through this because you said I looked like her, and then I kind of started seeing it and then it was like me and it was so cute. But like I can't even imagine what that would be like because this movie was already so impactful, but to like think that it was you, like, the person looks like you would like blow your mind. And it really it's very satisfying when something pays off as much as I know it's going to with someone like she just was and she was like, it's just like gonna change the way I live my life forever, and like I think it will. And even Sara Lena said that to me too. She was like, oh my god, my old ass has like changed the way I look at the world and like how I'm going to live. And it really it rattles you and it's so good. But it's not just disturbing. It's just like whoa, Like life is precious and yeah, I'm gonna go see Honora tonight. I think I need to see that. I want to say, I gotta watch all the best picture stuff. I don't I really don't want to watch Dune.
Speaker 4: You don't have to watch Dune.
Speaker 1: We gotta go to break, we'll talk about we'll get back. Do I have to watch I don't have to watch Dune.
Speaker 2: No, you got you don't have to watch Dune. You understand what Dune is.
Speaker 1: If I'm making a joke about it, it's gonna be about the little things in their nose. That's all I care. But that's all the thing I know. That's all that's it's that's very interesting to me.
Speaker 4: It's in the desert. You know that. It's got.
Speaker 1: Yep. I know about that.
Speaker 2: So you don't need to know that guy is in it. And Timothy Schalame is in it. That's all you need to know.
Speaker 1: I'll see Deadpool because that's like a fun romp. I've never seen any yeah before, but I hear they reference Hugh Jackman's divorce in this new Deadpool Wolverine. Yes, where they're like, well, that's why you're back, because you're going through a divorce and to play for it. It's like what they do they do.
Speaker 2: They reference everything. It's it's a it's a movie entirely. Uh, the foundation of the movie is meta jokes. It's like there's nothing to the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm in that. I'm into that. I mean, wait, isn't when one movie like Brad Pitt's in it but he plays an invisible guy or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a funny last that's the last Deadpool. I think deadol because you see the.
Speaker 1: Very last second South Park when they got George Clooney to play a character and he's just a dog going but he never talks. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: Clooney and Brad Pitt do comedy. Yeah, Brad Pitt was the weatherman on what was that?
Speaker 4: Was that? John Oliver? Oh?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: What was that Jeffreys show?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Someone said the other day in an interview, They're like, because I was talking about the Golden Globes and like I'm gonna be like performing in front of like Brad Pitt and George Clooney and they're like, and I'm gonna have And I was talking about how I have to contextualize myself, like these people have never heard of me. And the woman was like, well, Brad Pitt's pretty tuned into comedy. I'm sure he's like aware of you. And I literally got turned on.
Speaker 5: She said, And I've just been talking about how like my body is not like producing any kind of moisture anymore, and like, I just my insides feel dead and hormonially, I'm just like not ever turned on.
Speaker 1: And it was instant being turned on that Brackett might have heard of me before because I made the joke like I'm wet now, and then I literally was like, I'm not even joking you. That really did it for me. That he may have like he has, he's he's a he might.
Speaker 4: He's aware, he has a general awareness.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is kind of cool when someone's aware of you. Of course, say your name out of thin air, someone like Brad Pitt, who you would like. I remember the first time I ever heard his name was in the cafeteria in third grade, literally third grade. This old black woman that was like our you know, cafeteria like kind of She would just walk around and tell us to eat our luncha bowls and stuff. I remember one time she was like, you eat that cheese because I hated cheese as a kid, I hated it. And there was a big stack of it and she's like, I don't ways see you, and she made me eat the cheese. Missus Gordon shout out, you're definitely dead by now, but she was. I remember we all thought it was so funny because she was like, oh, that Brad Pitt is so cute. We were like, she's got a crush on this young boy. But yeah, that was that. That would be cool.
Speaker 2: Brad Pitt was the was played this bit as a weatherman on The Jim Jeffrey Show multiple times, and George Clooney would pop up on John Oliver Last Week Tonight every once in a while as a recurring bit there. He had a button where John Oliver could press a button and just summon George Clooney wherever he was and talked to him for a few minutes. And he would and George Clooney would act annoyed by it and be like, why do you keep abusing the button?
Speaker 4: That was the bit.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's great, that's good bit. And then Matt Damon's constantly like, that's doing stuff for Kimmel and yeah, it's it's cool when these A listers have a sense of humor.
Speaker 4: The last of the A listers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have something that I say it is.
Speaker 4: What I have a thing that I wanted to bring up.
Speaker 2: I was at the gym yesterday and I had to give someone at twelve.
Speaker 4: No, I don't do TV twelve anymore. I have it's out. TV twelve's out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weightliftings in. I returned back to lifting weights because honestly, there's just no replacement for it.
Speaker 4: You have to lift weights.
Speaker 1: Final thought. You gotta you gotta lift weights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so much better than doing resistance bans.
Speaker 1: I know it's better. I I hate that it's better. I got to do it too. I've been doing it. Yes, go on, So you're lifting weights.
Speaker 2: So I was at the gym and okay, so you know, when you're at the gym and it's busy and people want to use the machines, and you have to wait for the machines, and there is what do you What do you do if you want to use a machine that someone else is using?
Speaker 1: You linger?
Speaker 2: You can linger, you can observe. You kind of have to figure out like what's going on.
Speaker 1: You do your own thing nearby, but you kind of like make it known that you're kind of there, Like you just get in their periphery so they're aware and maybe they speed it up a little bit and don't like you know, search kayak for flights for their christmasification or whatever while they're sitting on the bench.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, you can go up to the person and say how many more sets do you have left? This happens all the time. How many more sets do you have left? Or what I love doing at the gym, which is this is very common. It's not like I invented this ray and this is very common. Someone goes up to you, they say how many more sets do you have left? And you go, oh, I actually have three more sets, but do you want to work in with me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Which is very common.
Speaker 2: And then while you're resting, the other person comes in and does their set, and you have this kind of like camaraderie where you're like always I like nodding at each other when you're done with your set, because's like now it's your turn. And then when you're finished doing your sets, you can walk away and go it's all yours. And that's just a great bro moment. So I'm doing this exercise at the gym and this bro it taps me. I tap is the wrong word because he touched me too hard where tap right on my shoulder. He like gently shoved me and pushed me on the shoulder I was with my back was him. I didn't even know anyone was behind me, and he did this like shove thing, and I was like whoa.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 4: Had headphones on. He had headphones on.
Speaker 2: I turned and I was like uh, And I just assumed that he was going to ask me, like how many sets I have left? And I said I have two more sets left. And then he said, well, I've been sitting here and you've been doing nothing for several minutes and I need to use the machine. And I was like, first of all, it wasn't several minutes at most, it was one and a half minutes. And so I was like, this guy's being a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: So I had to give him say I'm sorry you haven't gotten your dick sucked in a while. Well that's always what it is.
Speaker 2: The weird thing about this guy is like fifteen minutes prior to that, I accidentally made eye contact with him while he was on a totally like he was across the and he his eyes were crazy, like he had like crazy eyes, this guy was, And so I looked down. So then he gave so he already like had had me pegged and he gave me. He gave me the little shove and he said, I've been sitting here and and you've been doing nothing for several minutes, and I and I need and I was like, oh, do you want to work with me? I said, do you want to work with me? Which is like an olive branch, and he ignored that. I said that, and I said do you need this? And he's like, yeah, I'm gonna need to use that. And then I was like okay, and he's like, you've been waiting for several minutes, and I said, I took out my headphones and I said yeah, it's called resting between sets, which is very normal. And I said it yes, and I said it loud enough, said everyone around me, and he did.
Speaker 4: He was he was kowtout. I don't have to give it a better word.
Speaker 1: You won.
Speaker 2: He was kowtout and he stepped away, and then I twisted the knife.
Speaker 4: I twisted then, oh, what did you say? I did my set. I finished, and when I.
Speaker 1: Was done, it's all yours.
Speaker 2: But I didn't say it with any attitude at all. I gave him a smile and I said, it's all yours, buddy, And I walked away.
Speaker 4: Oh water off the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you killed him with kindness.
Speaker 4: Killed him with kindness.
Speaker 1: At the end, he can't have any He just he's got to be embarrassed about how he behaved.
Speaker 2: He was a little bit too aggressive. And then he followed me in the parking lot and took out a barbed wire bat and he bashed my skullt because that's the downside of doing that.
Speaker 1: He's a dentist. He's no there was. I had a moment in a plank class last night yesterday, and she was saying, like, this is one of my pet peeves of these classes. But by the way, like shout out to all the teachers at the place I go to if you listen to the podcast, I'm obsessed with all of you. I rarely have any complaints, Like it's my favorite thing in the world to go to these classes. But there's one thing that I think it doesn't If I was a teacher, it would happen to me too. Where you say and for fifteen more seconds, we're gonna do this, and then next we're gonna transition to this blah blah, and this one. I just felt like I was the I felt like she was a little bit off with the counting, and so I started like I didn't rely on her anymore because it would be like fifteen, and then I felt like, man, it's been twenty. And then she'd go and ten nine. I'm like, well, we're doing thirty when she's saying fifteen, Like this is way off. So I so I was like, I'm gonna start counting now to see if it's actually fifteen, because I've been doing oough of these classes that I'm like, we don't need thirty more, we need fifteen more. Like this is too much. My legs are like shaking and they hurt. And so I was on the machine and she was like, in fifteen seconds, we're gonna transition. We're gonna put the legs in the knee blocks and we're gonna do this and then take the armbands and blah blah blah. She's describing the next exercise and then she goes and intent and I just go, Jesus cry, like I put it because I was already like so like holding a plank. I was just like, oh Jesus Christ, like made of really loud noise. I was so embarrassed and uh and it was. It was not right because the thing is these classes like you can just do whatever you want. They're so supportive. I love the girls. They're like so motivating. They say this is the next fifteen minutes are yours and yours only. You take what you want and leave the rest. And I always like love that message and like we thank our bodies afterwards, like they're the best classes. But that is a thing that sometimes gets on my nerves. Is Oh, also, I don't want to hear break the bungee cord. I want you to pull that bungee so hard it breaks it. They are not able to be broken, no one ever will. You're giving me something that I is unattainable, just like, let's just I don't want. Or they'll say, like push your heels so hard that it breaks the pavement, And I understand it's like a queue to make you do a certain thing. But I don't like being told to do things I can't do by that are impossible to do because then.
Speaker 2: I have a bunch of and break. But it has nothing to do with how hard you push. It has to do with like general wear and tear. So it's like, okay, actually it will break and it's like, whoa, you must have pushed really hard. It's like, actually it's just been it's.
Speaker 1: Like old yeah, And I don't like. I don't like when the songs don't transition to each other, so like it'll be like the loudest song that it'll be dead quiet. We're all like and it's like here comes the wall to the two to the three, and like shabboozie starts up again. But it's like this weird period in between where we're all like and like, it's just so uncomfortable. I do love what I would have thought I hated it, and they go like Nikki great form, like when they say your name and like shout you out. I would have thought I hated that, But I love it. I love being rewarded and told that I'm doing a good job. Three what we were talking about yesterday. Also, Emily wrote to me last night and was like, wait, what's a three? And I was like, take the enneagram, bitch, And so I sent her the thing and she is a two. And then I sent her all of the two stuff and she was like, oh my god, it's spot fucking on. Yeah. It was just it's so interesting. Yeah, she's a helper.
Speaker 4: She's a helper.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people like this and like how the instructor counts down is very important, and I feel it's not seconds. No, I feel betrayed, and I turn off the instructor. If the instructor says we're gonna do ten and then counts down from ten and then does that bullshit where they go ten nine, eight seven six five five five five and they make you do.
Speaker 1: What that would I would quite so quickly if that ship was going on.
Speaker 2: Some people like that because then oh I did four extra because they did set five again.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: Here's one more that really bothers me, where they say I need you to say pulse it like if you're if you're like putting your leg up in there and you're pulsing like up one inch down, one inch up, one inch down, one inch. Sometimes they go up one inch up, one inch up one inch and I go, well, I can't keep going up and inch but they're tolling. They don't tell you to go down. I need I need pulsing. Yes, And then I also I don't like, uh, what was the last thing. I don't like that happened. Sometimes I did the bungeee one. I did the the pulsing, the call out, the countdowns, the oh what is it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I forget now wiping down your machine is degrading, And but now I'm kind of liking to do it because I do it so fast and I get out of there. I just love I just I love my whole team. I love the place I go to. They know me by name. I go in there every day. It's so fun, it's so rewarding. I really love classes. I always thought I would hate classes. I'm really sad that I went my entire adult life never doing classes because I thought I was too competitive, that would ruin it for me, that it would make me feel fat and slow and out of shape. But it's like, actually, like no one is watching you in a class because they're so hard. No one's paying attention to you. Literally, no one. Oh here's the thing I wanted to say. I don't like when they pit you against each other, when they go, like, go slower than the person in front of you, and if there's no one in front of you, you're setting the tone for the whole room.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: No, Like, I don't want this to turn into a competition. I don't want people to be looking at me trying to go slower than me, Like I don't like that. I don't like being but I get why they say it. It actually does help you to go slower because it But I don't like competit.
Speaker 2: Places like soul Cycle, they'll have a leaderboard and you compete, you get like top ten on leader board.
Speaker 4: As you're cycling, who's gone, Oh my god God.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just go to a class and you're on your period and you're tired, and you shouldn't even be there, and you just want to phone it fucking in. And sometimes I just want to tell them, girl, I just want to put like a like there should be a little flag you can put on your machine and go like, don't even try to correct me. You're lucky I'm here. There's this is gonna be as sloppy as fuck, because sometimes you just don't want to get you don't want to bring that energy of like this is the one time you get to do this all day. You thank your body. We're gonna fucking work so hard because sometimes you don't have that. You sign up to these classes two weeks in advance because they fill up and you think you're gonna be that motivated on eight am on a Monday, but you're not, and you're just like you soap as a little slippery slug and you just want to kind of like, you know, just bullshit your way through it. But these classes are great. These girls are never rude. They always make me feel good afterwards. I love it, and I really recommend classes for anyone out there who's like scared of classes that you'll be judged or people will be like, wow, she has bad form, or like, no no ones looking at you.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to what you got to his place, because you know, when you had just started. I mean, this is a complete like one eighty so I because I was.
Speaker 1: Going to private lessons and paying you know, almost two hundred dollars for an hour just so I wouldn't have to be in a class, because I wanted it just to be one on one and I got a lot out of that, there's no question about it. But classes are so much cheaper and they're just like and you don't leave and you won't give up, and you can't slap anopolist because you are like beholden to the class vibe you were.
Speaker 2: But you you had to go through that. That was a necessary step for you to get to the class was the individual training, because you would not do it if you were bad at it, so you needed the training first. Then you can go in front of a whole group of people and do it well.
Speaker 1: But it's never done. That's the worst part is that as soon as you're done with the class, it's count down till the next one. You got to keep going again and again and again. It's never over until it's over all right, guess is over. Thank you for listening to the show this week. We will be here next week on the road this weekend in Birmingham, Alabama. I think on Saturday, Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday, Memphis. I think there's still tickets available for Memphis. I think Birmingham probably a couple as well. These aren't markets I go to a lot, So if I'm in your area, please come see me. And then next weekend Hot Springs, Arkansas. I have been on a tour of the fucking South, dude. It was Oklahoma, Man then Texas, then Iowa, then South Carolina, then North Carolina, then before that before Oklahoma, Florida, now Birmingham, Memphis, and and next week Arkansas Crazy Yeah. And then we're rounding out the end of the tour this year in New Hampshire and Vermont. So I think tickets are maybe still available to do yeah exactly. So I'll see you on the road. We'll see on the podcast next week. Thy thanks for listening. Uh don't bi cooved. Bye. The Nicki Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nicki Glazer, co hosted by Brian Frangie, Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonny and Noah Avior edited it engineered by Lean and Loaf, video production Mark Canton, and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer Podcast on YouTube, follow at Nicki Glazer pod and subscribe to our channel