Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air, a reware back at it, The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny G Radio because hey, four hours a night in the overnight not enough. You hear me on the Ben Maler Show, there's a spinoff of that show with my own name on it. And Danny G Radio. You hear him with Covino and Rich on the Fox Sports Radio Empire and we formed Vultron. Here Danny on the weekends, we get together and the Superpowers collide every single Friday, Saturday and today Sunday Sunday. Sunday Sunday, which is a fun day. As I am still recovering from my brush with a ninja. I'm a samurai unless I'm not. If you miss that, that's on the Saturday Podcast and Friday, we had Omarvis Scale, a random old baseball player, and my favorite Omarvis Scale fun fact Danny, which I had forgotten. He was the last player, the last one who had in North American sport that had appeared in games in the nineteen eighties. Last one. So of all the athletes nineteen eighties, he was the last one left, last one standing.
Speaker 3: Well, that explains it because I remember having a plastic sheet with like half the page filled with his cards, his baseball cards.
Speaker 1: His Seattle Mariner cards when he played the King home. Yeah, yeah, he was. It's weird because he was not a great hitter, but he played so long he ended up third all time and hits by a shortstop for kind of while it's crazy. Yeah, only the only short stops in baseball history have more hits than Omar Buskel are Derek Jeter and Honus Wagner. That's it. That's wild to me, but they what the heck? So on this podcast, we've got pop goes to the culture and the mailback. So let's start. That means Ohio al gets the band started.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Ohio Oujohn, All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's get right to it. And this story from the other day. I've not had a chance to talk about this. I don't know if you guys on Covino and Rich talked about it involves Miranda Lambert at a concert. You see this story bouncing our on.
Speaker 3: Of course, it was a huge debate, such a divided topic that whoopee Goldberg walked off the set of the view. Oh, because we're arguing so much about this.
Speaker 1: So if you don't know the story, I mean the story. She's in Vegas, she's doing a residency in Vegas, is that what she's up to.
Speaker 3: It's called the Velvet Rodeo and tickets are only seven hundred and fifty seven dollars to get in and see here, very affordable.
Speaker 1: Cat. She really looks out for the little little person. So Miranda Lambert, she stopped her show and she goofed on a couple of fans who were taking a selfie.
Speaker 3: And yeah, she said she was pissed off because they weren't engaged in her performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So which side of the spectrum did you fall on?
Speaker 3: Danny at this?
Speaker 1: Which which part where you at here?
Speaker 3: I mean, if somebody's taking a set at a concert, it is to commemorate that memory as this is an amazing moment with me and my friends. So if I'm singing and I see that happening, I'm not thinking these douchebags, how dare they take a picture of themselves during my live performance? She needs to get off her high horse here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So my take on it is, as long as they were paying, I don't see what the problem was. And the other thing is, if you take a selfie, most people who take selfies at concerts, I'm gonna I'm gonna stereotype. You know what they do? Right after that, they go to Instagram or some other social media and post them right, hey here I am. Wouldn't that then lead to more people maybe seeing this and saying, hey, I'm Miranda Lambert, I should go see that show. I want to I want to be part of that show. I want to check it out.
Speaker 3: Well, the main lady that she directed these comments at was on Good Morning America at the beginning of this past week, and she said that prior Sir Lambert stopping the concert and saying all this, they were having a great time. She said they were up dancing. Some of the time, they were sitting, other times they got up to take pictures. She said, And then when this happened, everything changed. The entire mood of the arena changed. In fact, some of the paid customers got up and walked out.
Speaker 1: Well, if I'm paying, I'm not walking out because of that. But she must have been having a bad day, right, Miranda Lambers. I don't think she's done that before, has she?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: But you're right, dude, do we know why? Maybe Blake Shelton divorced her.
Speaker 1: There's more to the story, Danny's much more to the story.
Speaker 3: Sure, Sure?
Speaker 1: What else do we have on pop goos the culture? How about this viral video from the state of Arizona. Stories in the winter time when people complain it's too cold. I love stories in the summertime when people can plain it's too hot. And in Arizona, I've been there many times in the summer and it is insane to the membrane there in the Valley of the Sun. They call it the Valley of the Sun for a reason. And they have experienced the last ten days or so extreme heat, which is what they normally get in July. And I have family who lives in Phoenix. In fact, I told the story. My cousins came out to visit us. They leave Arizona. They're retired, they're older. They leave Arizona during July and August. They don't even they don't, even though that's their home. They leave and travel around the country because it's too freaking hot to stay there. It's just so miserable because of the heat and all that. Anyway, get to the point, please, So this viral video, of course, as always, I believe it was on the TikTok there and it claims to show that the back of a car, the tail light of a car melted because of the heat. You buying that, You think that actually took place there? Wouldn't that happen to a lot of cars, not just one car. I'm a little skeptical of this one.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what. Near Teth Valley, there is a town called Ridgecrest, and we had a radio building there for one of my radio groups. What is it called, almost like a sister city where they were able to do sales in that city for one of their radio stations.
Speaker 1: Part of the club.
Speaker 3: What okay, exactly, Yeah. There. Their radio group was like spread out all over southern California, especially in the six to six to one area code, and then all the way out to Ridgecrest. They had an office. Well, they had me drive out there one day to do some paperwork. It was like one hundred degrees by eight thirty am. It was like driving into Death Valley. It was insane and I had an Audi at the time. I'm not kidding you, Ben. When I came out of their office after doing the paperwork, my leather seats were literally melting in the sun, like soft to the touch, to where it looked like the seats were dripping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nuts. I mean, I've been in some hot what I've remember seeing cars. Let me say, I'll send you the clip here. You can check it out. I don't know though, maybe it was because of that specific car, kind of an older, older car, But it does appear to be melted. I don't know. It's these deep fakes on the internet. Who the hell knows what's real and what's not. But it certainly looks if you check it out there the I think it's the left side of the car there that's fairly melted. It's fairly melted, for sure.
Speaker 3: I love the local newscasts when it gets this hot where they have the great stories of how to avoid heat stroke. Oh yeah, make sure you day in the shade and they put the bullet points on the screen. Drink lots of water, thank.
Speaker 1: You, stay in the shade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, drink lots of water.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And people we have friends that do local news and stuff. But it is wild. They have the same like fifteen evergreen stories. They mix out throughout the year, like when it's tax day and they have someone in stationed outside the post office. You know, you have to get your taxes in, although that's kind of an outdated thing anyway now because most people do it online. Are they getting extensions and all?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: That Arizona melting is real right there that you just sent me. That's real.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, I'm gonna bring this story up because I don't know anyone in my circle that is a bigger Tupac fan than you, Danny g with your Tupac mask, your famous Halloween costume which you're synonymous with that I saw this story. This is wild. There was a new development. They claim that police have a new lead in Tupac's murder, which goes all the way back to nineteen ninety six. That's wild that it's been so long. But he was killed in Vegas after a fight in September of nineteen ninety six. He was gunned down there and it has been unsolved all these years, and there supodedly they're still investigating, and there's all kinds of different theories on what actually happened, who the suspect was, or who the person that actually did it was, and was it somebody, was it Shug Knight or somebody like that had orchestrated it? Who the hell knows. He's in jail. But according to Channel eight in Vegas, they there was a new revelation there was a search warrant issued this week in Henderson, Nevada, right in the Vegas Valley there and they attempting to get into a home connected to the investigation into Tupac's murder. Now, what could possibly be in that home after twenty seven years, almost like, what would they be looking for?
Speaker 3: This investigation has stunk from the very get go, lots of corruption and collusion, and there's been documentaries on This's been multiple documentaries about how this got fumbled from the beginning. So I don't trust anything I see about it right now, you're right, what would they find.
Speaker 1: Twenty almost twenty seven, twenty seven years in September and we're almost into August now, so it's been close to twenty seven years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe it was that long ago.
Speaker 1: I know, that's like a long time. It doesn't seem like it was that. That was a huge deal in that and we were in that in that nineties rap Wars where Biggie Small's got gunned down in LA.
Speaker 3: What's really sad too besides thinking about their families and how hard that all must have been when it first happened, but the thirty years almost thirty years now of hit songs and movies and books and everything else they did, Like look at how much of a mogul jay Z is right now. That would have been Biggie, not jay Z, and then Tupac would have been the West Coast version of that, so they would have been still the two big faces of rap, and they both would be like doctor Dre. They'd both be billionaires with a B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know, I mean, it's it's crazy, but anyways, so we'll see if it any happens with that Tupac story. And one more at least one more Here on pop goes to culture and good news. If you look forward to Taco Tuesday, it has now been freed from the trademark Kurffluffle after more than thirty years the shop called it. The restaurant called Taco John had the trademark to Taco Tuesday, which means other places couldn't use Taco Tuesday without paying Taco John. Well, the CEO of that restaurant, announced this week that it would not engage in a legal battle to retain the trademark. It has voluntarily abandoned the trademark. So now Taco Bell and every other Taco place can legally use Taco Tuesday without having to pay any money.
Speaker 3: That's why I saw your boy recently, Lebron on a Taco Tuesday Taco Bell commercial. Who me, I have a huge basketball IQ.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the mail bag. You know what that means.
Speaker 4: It's this mail bag all right?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Ohio.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: These are actual questions sending by actual listeners. You can send a question in right now. You don't have to wait for me to post something. It's real fifth hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. No numbers all letters. Spell it out real fifth hour at gmail dot com. Put something catching in the headline mail or something like that, so I know it's for the mail bag. Get a lot of email. Want to make sure I know that you want this for the mail bag. First one. First one comes from Mike in Fullerton, says Hi, Ben and Danny G. Congratulations on another successful edition, Lee Mallorpalooza. I hope to be part of it myself one of these days, but sadly my act has been rejected two years in a row. Yeah. So Mike had the idea to try to hold his breath for the longest amount of time. I think or it was dead air. I think you wanted dead air set the record for dead air, like two minutes of dead air. That did not work.
Speaker 3: I don't think any of our affil would appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our bosses probably would have thought that would be better than some of the calls that we've taken. But anyway, he says, Now, if you guys were in the talent show, what would your act be? A little song and dance, maybe some comedy or what. Yeah, so I have not even thought about the talent So now I was in a talent show when I was in junior high school, me and my buddy from who he lives in Dallas and I's lived in Dallas for like thirty years. But we were the Blues Brothers and we did Rubber Biscuit and we dressed up with the suit on, the tie, the hat, the whole thing, and the crowd loved us at the junior high school. So little lip syncing of the Blues Brothers was the way to go. That was the way to get it done back then. But comedy's not really worked well on the mal Or Palooza. But God blessed the people that keep trying to do the comedy every year despite it most of the failing time. And again, do you ever go to act any Can you fart on command? Can you burp on and any of that? No?
Speaker 3: No, But speaking at Tupac, I probably would have busted out a long poem. And when I say long, it would have just felt long, because when anybody reads a poem, you wanted to end immediately. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The key with poems is brevity. That is the key, right, Brevity is the key to life. That's the way to go.
Speaker 3: My haikus, they're my favorite.
Speaker 1: No, my only Victor Brick Jacobs on the flagship in la is allowed to do a haiku. Thank you, Mike. Next up Fred from Spring Texas's Hellogan, guys been both you and your wife have jobs dealing with phone calls. Have there been times that you share tips dealing with the wide range of people you deal with? He says, well, it's much different that the people I talked to are enjoying themselves having a couple of pops. Most of the people seem to call up my wife. When they're calling my wife, it's a serious thing. Usually because she works as a nine to one to one operator, there's a much different situation. But she does get calls from people that are just lonely like I get. That's how we found Genie and Medford. The famous story from Genie and Medford, the greatest caller in the history of Fox Sports Radio and the greatest caller in the history of the show. When Genie and Medford kept calling nine to one one because she was lonely and she wanted someone to talk to, they arrested Genie and Medford. Then they told Genie just find a radio show that's on and call them. And that's how she found our show and the rest is history. So that's how that that whole bay.
Speaker 3: Thank you to all the fine officers that feed drunk listeners to us like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, speaking of that, I actually ended up at a party, a retirement party for one of the police officers my wife works with who's retiring, is moving to Tennessee. Got it all planned out and all that. So I was hanging out at this warehouse in a secret location filled with Maseratis and Lamborghini's and really expensive cars. You know that Jay Leno Adam Carolla type setup. Oh yeah, yeah, it was that kind of set up. I'm not really a car guy, Like I love the car that I have, but I'm not really a car guy. But this place was nuts. It was insane and you wouldn't know it from the outside. It's just like a normal, non descript building.
Speaker 3: I would have loved that. I bet inside Adam Carolla's garage before I want to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was cool. It reminded me of my Hot Wheels collection when I was a kid, except this was the real car. Like, I was like, this is nuts, and so I did that. That was that was interesting. That was fun. We had a good time. The problem Danny, And this was just triggered by Fred's email for some reason she brought he brought my wife's name up. When you go to I am an introvert, so for parties are kind of tough for me. But when you go to a party, what is the proper amount of time to spend it a party? If you're not hosting the part, if you're visiting the party, what would you think the proper amount of time is to spend at a party?
Speaker 3: Dan, depends how many drugs and how much alcohol is there.
Speaker 1: I'm on drugs right now, man, Yes, I completely understand. But on a you were to go in the middle of the bell curve.
Speaker 3: Uh, probably ninety minutes, I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So ninety minutes is the amount of time that most would say, because ninety minutes. If you go to see a Broadway show, they're ninety minutes with a maybe it's like a half hour intermission or whatever, fifteen minutes, but it ends up being about half the actual showtimes ninety minutes. Vegas shows ninety minutes. I would be okay with pushing it to two two and a half hours if it's a good party.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people would probably say two hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, so two hours fine. I would like you to take a guest, Danny, how many hours I spent as the date of my bride at a retirement party for one of her coworkers last weekend.
Speaker 3: You're bringing up something that bothers me for my past too, because I have an ex. She loved to be the last to leave, and I wanted to shoot myself in the head with a nail gun anytime I had to go to a party with her, because she overstayed by at least two hours every stupid time. And so I'm going to say you were there for probably four and a half hours.
Speaker 1: That's a great guess, and that's a long time. Four and a half hours is a ridiculously long time and should never be at a party four and a half hours. So my wife does not necessarily get the parties early, but she wants to be there at the very end. I believe in the Irish goodbye. I want people to wonder where the hell did Ben go. I don't know he laughed, ad he leave? I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe he's in the bathroom. I don't need to go around and shake hands with everybody and say goodbye. But that's me. Most people say goodbye. That's just kind of how they Danny hand the guy. At that party on Saturday. Last Saturday, we spent six and a half hours. Oh yeah at that part.
Speaker 3: Got to be kidding me.
Speaker 1: Six and a half hours at the party. At one point I escaped and the party was fun. I had a good time. They had a taco guy there making tacos on the griddle, and it was you know, they had alcohol and I brought I made some cookies that brought those there, so it was it was a good part, but even a good party. Six and a half hours, we round up seven hours. At one point I left the party. I walked down the block from the garage with all the cars because I just needed to get some alone time. And I started calling random people on my phone just so I could, you know, just I could have an excuse, says I got to take a call.
Speaker 3: Six and a half hours even too long for Jed to fly. If there was free cocaine there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Jed would he would end up bouncing off the walls and ending up arrested if that were the case. All right, Next up on the mailbag Barry from South Carolina, I write saying yo yo mob Benny formally in Tennessee. Barry says, this week Russell o'coon announced that he lost more weight. Apparently he lost over one hundred pounds by fasting for forty days. He just drank water for forty days, He says. I know you fast, but have you ever gone that long with no food, just water?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: The limit I.
Speaker 1: Have gone is ninety hours, so I've gone three and a half days, almost four days with that, so seventy two hours. I guess it was a little less than four days, but that was when I had my gallbladder issue. I would actually like Danny to do extreme fasting where I don't eat for like four or five days, but my wife does not want me to do that. She thinks that's stupid and I shouldn't do that. So I've not been been allowed permitted. You know, in a marriage you have to give and take, and so she does not want me to do Those photos are pretty wild, though. Have you seen the photos of this cab?
Speaker 3: I have? Yeah, and I would agree with your wife. There's a reason we have sharp teeth. It's to eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I hear you alf from the cheap seats right, since it's Ben, I know you don't do list radio wrong. But as a veteran autograph hunter and witness to many games in your day, what's on your big board of ballpark giveaways? I've got bobbleheads and mini bats at the top of mine. And he wants to know with you as well, Danny. So I loved back in the day. I loved the batting helmet. That was always cool, the ripoff batting helmet, the ring, the replica championship ring was always like super cool, like you thought you were the boss because you got the replica ring. And I was at the last ever ball Night at Dodger Stadium where they gave the baseballs away before the game because they Dodgers had to forfeit that game against the Cardinals because everyone threw them on the field because Tommy Lesorda incited a madhouse at Chavez Ravine. But yeah, I think batting helmet, the bobblehead solid. But they've overdone the bibblehead. There's too many bobbleheads.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We were of the age, Danny, when all the bobbleheads were exactly the same. There was a generic white dude or black dude on the bibblehead, and that was it. It looked the same everyone. They just changed the team logo.
Speaker 3: That was it. And I don't even think they had an Asian one at the time.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did. You're right. I think it was either black or white and that was it. Those are your choices, and that's all you got. Racist, that's it.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think back to when my cousin would bug his mom. I gotta go, mom, please give me money for a ticket. I gotta go to the Oakland Memorial Coliseum for an A's bat day. It's like a bat night. Not a mini bat no, no, no, no, not a little mini bat, a full sized baseball bat.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 3: It was Ricky Henderson bat night.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget going over to his house the next day in San Jose, California, and he's swinging this Ricky Henderson wooden bat around the living room. And even as a little kid, I remember thinking they gave that to you at the game, because you know, he was swinging it like a lightsaber. And I imagine thousands of people doing that at the stadium.
Speaker 1: It was a different world. My man a different world back in those days. Insane. Insane. Alf also says I finally broke out the discount outdoor pizza oven and needless to say, I am not in your league, but you inspired me to keep working on it. Side note, do not skimp on the oven. Mine doesn't get as hot as the most expensive ones, thus resulting in much longer cook times. Yeah, I've not gone and crossed over and gotten a pizza oven, but that he sent me some photos here and they look good.
Speaker 3: Alf.
Speaker 1: You got more bubble action than I get on my pizza. But I will challenge anyone with my parmesan garlic twists. That that is next level by far, Howard writes in says Ben and Danny Guy's when conducting an interview, do you have the subject normally calling in to wait on hold or do you call them and start right away? People can be flaky and break appointments. Yeah, we've had we've had some issues on the on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Brian bill Brian Billick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian Billick was an all timer, and hey, we you know we had to scramble the track track down Joey Chestnut a couple of weeks ago. Joey was not the easiest guy to track down, track down through that whole episode, but he was great when we finally got him and whatnot. But that was was tough. It depends on the person the greatest interview as far as being on time, I've told the story a few times. Kurt Warner amazing. Kurt Warner called in like an half an hour early to make sure he was on time for a radio interview. That's unheard of and could not have been nicer. So that was it. And then a lot of these other guys, Danny and we end up going to get a search.
Speaker 3: Party for them. Oh yeah, I was going to say. We talked about Miranda Lambert at the start of this. And sometimes you'll get somebody just having a bad day. I mean, we're all human. If athlete or coach, whoever we're trying to talk to is having a bad day, that leads over to what we're trying to do. So we're always crossing our fingers, like, come on, be in a good mood. Be in a good mood, give us an extra ten minutes of talk time.
Speaker 1: Get out of bed on the right side, get out of do not get out of bed on the wrong sit get out on the right side. Terry and England rights in on the mailback says, can you have Don Martin, my man and Scott Shapiro on the podcast? Never heard of them so we know about their jobs and backgrounds, my man, I mean we could.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I bet you Don would probably do it. Track him down, my man.
Speaker 3: There's an old saying that you don't piss where you eat, my man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean I love Don. I talk to Don every time my contract comes up, and we have a great conversation about radio and life and family. And but that's once every three years or so, so I think we're good. And then I love Scott too. I don't know that we want to have them on the on the podcast. Clayton from Dodge City right, and he says, Ben, is it possible that you and Angry Bill are separated at birth? You just seem like brothers, possibly even twin brothers. Look into it, well, that would be impressive, considering Angry Bill is probably thirty years older than I am, so maybe not close twenty five years. That would be very, very difficult. Tony in Seattle says, question for both of you guys, what are you going to do in retirement? I think we've gotten this question semi regularly. People trying to retire us, Danny. Are they trying to get rid of us? Is that what's going on here?
Speaker 3: Well, we found out that Dan Patrick is going to retire in December of twenty twenty seven, when his contract is up. So yeah, we talked about this just last weekend. We're going to go the coast to coast route, you know, have a heart attack live on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my name will pop up in the New York Post. Radio guy for fifty years, drops dead and the show goes on, and that's you know, that's how that goes.
Speaker 3: George Nori, who said he wants to croak while he's doing the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right here on this podcast. I asked George how much longer he wants to do it? He's done in a long time, he's getting older, and he said no, he just wants to keep going and he wants to die on the air and then his producer will come in there and take over and then that'll be that and the end is there? What a way to go out? Jeffrey Wrights and says Ben, did they speed baseball up? Too much. I hardly have time to crack my second tall frosty beer and it's already the ninth inning. No, no, I have not. I don't think it's too fast. We'll find out in the playoffs that they're likely going to add some more time in the Plus, it's been great for me because the overnight show would get covered up by postgame baseball coverage on the West Coast, and we don't have to worry about that anymore because most of the games end by ten o'clock and our show starts at eleven in the West. Leo rights In says, what are the chances that Roberto comes back? Danny, what do you think the chances are Roberto, who just quit Fox Sports Radio a month ago, is going to now come back to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: The same chance that Jake Stay Awake with Jake is going to come back.
Speaker 1: Yes, the great Jake More who's now a professor, Stay.
Speaker 3: Away Professor Jake. I talked to him just a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Burrow Guido writes in from Columbus, Ohio, says, gentlemen, what are your favorite NFL alternative uniforms? Mine the Benal's white and white helmet.
Speaker 3: You see how they would get into it with the Browns about those white helmets.
Speaker 1: They were douking it out over helmets. I don't have the alternative uniform. I love the old retro uniforms because it goes back to my youth. And I get a kick out of people that look at the Seattle Seahawks the other day announced they're going back to where those nineties uniforms they had, and people are like, oh, those are really those are great, those look wonderful. I'm Mike, Yeah, I remember covering games the Seahawks were playing and they were wearing those uniforms. Holy crap, what the hell happened? But my favorites Pat Patriot and Bucko Bruce. Those are by far my favorite. And just the Bucks uniform so ugly with the pirate with the knife in his mouth, so disgusting, but yet so wonderful. It is just marvelous, just great. So any favorite Danny from the retro alternative uniform phase of the NFL.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking more of the NBA alternate. I like the black and gold Laker uniform, so the old gold with the black, I think that looks cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the powder blue from the clips they were. They don't wear those anymore. I hate the Clippers logo right now. It's disgusting, but that's that's just me. You got the con door?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 1: Why? How dare you? Let's see, Andy, we'll get out on this. Andy the comic book guy rights in. He says, have you ever had a scary moment during a flight? I think we've gotten this also because I've told the story. We Andy go back and hear the podcast in the past. But I got stuck, no real turbulence, but we got stuck one time at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago and they had taxied away from the gate. There was a thunderstorm and I was flying from Chicago to New York's. That's about a two and a half hour flight. If I remember correct, It's not that long a flight, maybe even less than that. But we ended up spending a ridiculous amount of time on the plane and people were really freaking out, pissed off. It was ridiculous. So that was my airline.
Speaker 3: Story, and I've told one from back in the day where we had to refuel near New Orleans because of weather, bad weather, and we had to keep circling and circling, but one of the more recent, and just the look in rich Davis's eyes was worth the price of admission. We get in a plane to go to one of these Vegas live broadcasts, and the flight attendant that got on the mic for whatever reason, kept saying the word extreme. We're gonna have extreme turbulence. What Rich Davis is looking around like a scared little lost puppy. Extreme. It was. It was a guy who said it, and he kept saying the word extreme, and Covino said, does he need to keep saying that word? And we got up off the ground, and honestly, the turbulence weren't all that bad. I think they were just trying to get out of providing drink service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or they were doing the old make it seem worse and then when it's not that bad people, So I see, wasn't that bad. There's no turbulence, everything's you know, everyone be smooth, and then there's turbunes people. Yeah, yeah, all right, Well I'll get out on that Danny Sunday anything. I'll be back tonight on the Ben Malor Show. From I've been to three in the morning in the West and two to six in the East in the morning on Monday.
Speaker 3: I'm like Eddie Murphy on Sunday nights. I like to party all the time. It's the one day of the week where I hear your live show because I'm still awake. Oh nice from the weekend. Yeah, so I normally hear your first show of the week. I will be in there for Covino and Rich Monday afternoon two to four pm on the West, and that's five to seven in the evening time in New York City.
Speaker 1: All right, have a wonderful Sunday. Thank you. If you missed Omarvis Scale again, that's on Friday.
Speaker 4: We had that.
Speaker 1: And if you want to hear how I survived being stabbed by a samurai sword, you can hear that on the Saturday podcast and we'll get out on that. Have a wonderful day again. Thank you for listening, thank you for subscribing, Thank you for downloading. You mean more to me than you know. And we'll catch you next time later.
Speaker 3: Skater, hey, hey, hey, let you go.
Speaker 1: All right, former heismooner from USC he killed two people, cut their heads off. What no, no, you idiot, hard past My Felicia