Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: I Am all In with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am all In Podcast, Season five, Episodes seven, I Jump You Jump Jack and I know right, you gotta you gotta Kenny Ortega. If you're if you're playing cards and you're dealt the the Kenny Ortega card and then the Dan Palladino card, you've already got two aces, so you're betting heavy. You're going all in, right, you know, Kenny.
Speaker 3: Is legit, like all his episodes are.
Speaker 1: They look like they're very they're huge, They're always huge. It's and uh, I gotta say, I don't know. I don't You don't think the episodes can get better, and then they get better and you don't. There's how much more room is there for improvement? There seems to be very little. Each time you see an amazing episode, it's like, how does this get better? This one was better?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is like one of the greatest ones with you so annoyed from start to finish?
Speaker 1: Why Why are you annoyed?
Speaker 3: Because I'm just really annoyed and I don't want to admit it.
Speaker 1: Because you like you like logan, I didn't say that you like Logan compelling and interesting.
Speaker 3: Episode so much because I think he's cool.
Speaker 2: I love that Scott fully new and fully just called you out because Danielle and I were talking before and she's like, oh, do admit it.
Speaker 1: I like him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no kidding, he's he's a charmer. I know, I know we need to go in order, which we will, but I just find it fascinating. I mean, there are two huge storylines like congruent in this episode, everything with Rory and Logan and then everything with you Luke and the Gilmours, Lorali, Richard, Emily, and I don't want to like try to read into it, but it's sort of a fascinating thing of privilege versus sort of regular.
Speaker 1: It's almost like Rory's the boomerang and she's bringing the family back into the one percent or the point zero zero percent with the Logan titillation potential, and Laureli is going so far away from it with Luke. Right, It's like, you know, it's like the chickens are coming home to roost, and in a different way than probably Laurel I realized, because she thought her parents were you know, you know, toxic or whatever you need? What about the Huntsburgers, what are they going to be like?
Speaker 4: Well, and that's the funny thing.
Speaker 2: For for all of Laurel's rejection, which I do think is genuine, and I think she's still rejecting it, which we'll dig into Rory is by circumstance or happenstance dipping her toe into it. And she is certainly at the end not mad at it, and would be I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Dean did some pretty Dean did everything he could possibly do with what he had. He mean, he built her a car, right, I mean it doesn't like Logan would buy her an suv or or whatever, right and just leave it in a bow with a mystery with a mask and meet us here and we'll pick you up and blindfold you and whatever you know, and you blindfold yourself and it's all great and it's mysterious and it.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Is that every girl's dream to meet a guy like Logan who's filled with mystery and intrigue?
Speaker 4: And it's a really great question?
Speaker 1: Or is it just a stereotype? I mean, I don't want to stereo.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a really good you're asking a really good question.
Speaker 1: It's a fairy tale. There's a fairy tale.
Speaker 4: Every girl's dream, because.
Speaker 2: It's not just like some rich dude. Right there is something extremely charming about Logan. That he's polarizing, I get it. Everyone can comment, but he's very charming and he is thoughtful, Like it is thoughtful what he dropped off at the end of the episode, and it is essentially thoughtful that he knew Rory's writing this story. Whether he likes it or not is like unclear in the beginning, like like likes her, but he is helping her out. He's invited her, he's giving her the story. He's got her in the door, like he's helping her out her.
Speaker 4: He likes her too.
Speaker 2: He's the only girl that gives him a run for his money.
Speaker 1: He's and she's unlike anyone in his circle.
Speaker 3: And vice versa too, right, Like he's unlike anybody in her circle right there.
Speaker 1: But he's familiar to her through DNA, through Richard and Emily. You know, she's she's been exposed to it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Ch Rory for all her stars hollow existence is extremely privileged, like they have tons of money. She wants for nothing. Essentially, do you know what I mean, because like the Gilmore's even bought her a car, Like she has a car at school, which most kids would never have. Like she can go to Yale, she can go to Chiltern, Like even though she has this other existence, she is as privileged. Essentially, she can go to Europe for two months totally, and she has all these experiences that most kids would never have because of her grandparents.
Speaker 1: It's just, you know, in terms of storylines, I don't think you can can write a storyline more powerful than young, mysterious love discovering each other and itself without because I think he's he's naturally keeping a distance because he doesn't know what she is yet he just knows that he is really likes her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's and it's.
Speaker 1: Happening fast for him. You know, he's he knows she's not just another girl that he can sort of toy around with. Yet he's toying around with her, right, that's right, right, But for me, for him, he's more invested in this. He's being more careful with this. He was so happy that she jumped and they caught it on the camera, on her camera, and he's sending that to her. That's a love.
Speaker 2: Life intentionally, right, He's like, no pictures and then he gives her.
Speaker 1: She's teaching him how to love, to use his heart a little bit, because I don't know that he has had that opportunity in his circle because it's all artifice, it's all yeah, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not coming easy for him, right, Like he has he has to actually like put some effort in.
Speaker 1: I get the feeling that Rory's going to save this guy and he wants to be saved. He wants to be saved the same way Laurel I wanted to be saved and get away from all of that. I think there's the same there's a similar pull there for him. I just feel that I have I don't know the episodes. I do remember at the beach where Logan and his father Mitcham get into a shouting match, and it's just like that's what he can.
Speaker 2: Were you aware because it's such an iconic Gilmore image of the jump, like did you when you watch that?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: I saw pictures of it. I didn't know what was leading up to it. I didn't know that they were, you know, attached to a trapeze type safety hard that so I was very curious about it. Of course I was really curious about it.
Speaker 2: I mean I wish and we will have we will have guests that will be able to answer this because I'm so curious about that day of shooting and like what they actually built out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've seen anything more clever, more disturbing, and more entertaining than human clay pigeons. I mean, it's just like, how do you not just blurt out laughing the.
Speaker 4: Whole thing when you and the reveal.
Speaker 2: So she's blindfolded and she's in the car and then you reveal this.
Speaker 3: White, magical town.
Speaker 4: Like glamping to its finest.
Speaker 1: Human is every guy's fantasy, whether they realize it or not. Because once I saw that, I said, yes, that's perfect, and.
Speaker 2: Just the whole fanciness, the fancy food, the caters, the servers, the everything, and the talking without the ease and just the whole thing. And like, you know, these kids all go to Yale, right, so not only are they like privileged and fancy, but they're smart.
Speaker 4: Like these kids all go to Yale. Logan is smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean right, she's met her match sort of sort of, all right, so let's go backwards.
Speaker 1: We shall see how this unfolds. I am so hooked, I am so intrigued to Daniel. I know you're I know you're on that horse now. You can roll your eyes all you want, but you are digging this journey.
Speaker 3: I'm getting there. And the reason what I had told Amy was he wasn't such an a hole this episode, you know what I mean, Like he was like just very mysterious and charming and like we'll get there. But left the dress under you know, the bed, like all these things that you're just like, whoa, You're cool, you know, like you're not like trying too hard, and it just came effortlessly to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to ask something, What is this is going to have to really be for Daniel because I think Scott will just not even be able to answer.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll turn my mic off.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we want.
Speaker 2: You to stay in here on pure physical attraction. Dean, Guess, Logan, not their personalities nothing.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts, Jess one hundred percent? Like all the way. Yes, yeah, I wonder if that plays.
Speaker 3: In Winds by a long shot. But I'm also obsessed with Milo now, so I might be biased, right, right.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that plays into like which team we're on. Essentially it may be whether consciously or subconsciously, because Logan slash Matt Zoukery is just to me like, oh my gosh, he's so cute, his perfect hair, and he always looks the cute outfit.
Speaker 4: And he comes in that tux that I'm swooning like.
Speaker 2: So I mean and I get it like Jared Padiluki mylather are all three so handsome. So I think it's just like which handsome piece of the pie?
Speaker 1: Do you why? I don't I can be in this conversation, So what do you think? Well, I think I think about it as you know, the character and what I would want for and and this episode made me question what Luke really wants out of life, and we'll get to that. So it's it was at.
Speaker 4: Jo there.
Speaker 1: But I mean, if you just if you just look at it long term, my opinion is the best person for Rory at this moment is the greatest potentials Logan. And I don't know why. I don't know why she wouldn't want to lead a life like that. She could still have her integrity, she could still you know, be the great journalist of the world. She wanted to put that kind of effort and time into it and travel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean right, it's very important to stay present in it. I think about the movies that can set you sideways.
Speaker 1: Right, But he could provide her some some very nice accommodations along the time.
Speaker 3: I actually agree with that, because no one needs to be with a man that's not secure with themselves they you know what I mean. Out of the three, Logan is secure and who who he is and confident in who he is, versus the other two are still trying to find themselves and still trying to figure out what they want and and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So I think that's a really good point.
Speaker 3: The best odds right now are with Logan.
Speaker 2: But we will learn more because Logan has a very contentious relationship with his.
Speaker 4: Father, right, but that's not there yet.
Speaker 1: The Rory or any young woman who's you know, still in college, has already figured out their life path and that's what they want to do, and they want to get married young, and they want to start having children young, and they want.
Speaker 4: To right which she wants no part of, which she.
Speaker 1: Wants no part of apparently, right, So.
Speaker 2: Right, like she's this career woman who wants to be a journalist. So I still agree with you both though that Logan is of the three has great potential for her in my opinion, because he challenges her.
Speaker 1: It's amazing when when presented with these types of situations how people react, you know, that feel like they don't deserve it, and they sabotage it in this kind of a thing. So it's it's a very very powerful storyline. For me, it's I can't wait to see more, That's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to say too, I think that what Amy Sherman, Palladino and the writers and everybody did was so clever because you can already even you two who don't exactly know what happens, can see the potential for trouble when Laura I realizes that Rory likes somebody that is.
Speaker 4: Just not who she wants for Rory.
Speaker 2: Think about that, like, we can tell that now that this guy is Richard and Emily's dream, and Laurelai is going to be Like.
Speaker 3: With that being said, has laurel I liked any of them? No, she hasn't.
Speaker 1: She likes a Dean she came around.
Speaker 3: Now but like in the beginning, she was not about it and definitely not just he was.
Speaker 1: A cocky, arrogant, insecure kid who made a bad move.
Speaker 4: That is interesting.
Speaker 1: Now now it's my turn to talk.
Speaker 4: That was that was kind of out of care.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, it's very much a departure from who he became.
Speaker 2: Like, I.
Speaker 3: Very interesting that they like started him off that way.
Speaker 4: Did we do the synopsis?
Speaker 3: All right, I'll give it to you. Season five, episode seven, You Jump I Jumped Jack Air date November two to two thousand and four. Emily finds out about Loreli and Luke's relationship and invites him to dinner, while Richard invites Luke to golf at the club. Laurea lies mortified at the prospect of Luke interacting with her snooty parents, and Luke soon learns why. Rory participates in a bizarre off campus event to research a story on Logan's Secret Society, and Lane and Zach have a stay at home first date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was cute.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, go ahead, Amy, No, you go either. I just wanted to say, I think that my favorite opening of the entire series so far.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a bold statement.
Speaker 2: But I like it so just I know I always say this, but obviously it's November, so there was it was sweeps and there was a lot more money, which you can tell. This episode is way more extravagant than others. So we open with the scene Laura lies in that pink sweater which she got, the big bright pink jacket with the pink sweater with the heart on it, and Rory I notice had a little bit more curls and her hair and they're with Emily and she's like, I want to meet him.
Speaker 4: Kirk told me about him.
Speaker 1: Of course, Kirk blabbed it. She said her boyfriend Luke Danes's house. You can just hear him say it so good. It really is.
Speaker 2: The difference between the way beer can be said. Beer is like really because when when I I too think, I first thought things were going great and then it's like, oh, yeah, no they're not.
Speaker 4: And Lorelai was right. But we'll get to that, so okay.
Speaker 2: So then we go into the newsroom and Rory and Doyle are sort of having their exchange that they love, you know, feeling like they're real newspeople shout out to Doyle, by the way, who was totally in the latest episode of Maseel hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all have been like right, like don't they just yeah.
Speaker 2: The like secondary cast, you know, like not the like so much the the big big stars. But anyway, so she can't afford any of us anymore.
Speaker 1: We priced ourselves out of the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then we go to the diner and this is where we start to see Lane and Zach having their.
Speaker 4: Sort of you know, exchanges, which I actually liked. It was cute, it was it was good to see.
Speaker 1: It was good to see Zach come around a little bit, and that's what I thought, show show a vulnerable side and he was funny and he was awkward, and it was it was truly funny. This is you know, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, Scott. It was funny and awkward.
Speaker 2: But Daniel Space is making me think she he is just still so forced, like it's.
Speaker 1: So but it's but it's less forced than it was. At least he dropped, you know, he he he dropped the angry guy who couldn't process anything, and he had time to process it. And he came back and he actually came to her, and that was a big deal for a guy like him, and I I was happy that he faced his fears and overcame it and was proactive, hung around outside the diner said I'm ready, I want to date. I mean that took a lot. That was a big lifestep for Zach.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying the comedy of the dating your roommate because it's like they're having this.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, I'm ready, Okay, how about tonight? Okay, see at home?
Speaker 1: The best line of the whole thing, all right, see it home.
Speaker 3: It'st like without even discussing that.
Speaker 2: So I found the comedy in that very amusing, Like with Brian coming in and plopping in the middle of the date and they're like, we're on a date, and he's like, I think we're doing exactly the same thing we watched and did last night.
Speaker 4: Were you on a date last night?
Speaker 2: You know? And then the one thing that I cannot wait to ask Todd Low when he comes on is that got his name right right? How in the hell did he pick Brian up, throw him over his shoulder, hold him.
Speaker 1: He weighs nothing, so that Brian's as skinny as a real and he was skinnier back then he was And it's.
Speaker 4: Still one hundred something pounds.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred and twenty soaking wet. Give me a break.
Speaker 2: I do my five pound weights in my garage, and I'm like, but Todd, Todd's.
Speaker 1: A pretty he's a pretty big guy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He looks like a strong guy.
Speaker 4: Legit, legit. Okay, So we're going out of bard.
Speaker 1: Brian's nothing. He's he's like a little skinny nothing. He's very thin, and he was way free.
Speaker 4: But that's still.
Speaker 1: Thinner back then. I mean, he's rail thin.
Speaker 4: That's still him a challenge.
Speaker 2: So I did love the charming scene between you and Laura and lour lyon Luke talking about the dinner.
Speaker 4: And Luke just being so steady, like this is a part of it. Let's just get it over with. Let's just do it.
Speaker 2: Like it's fine, book it. He's so confident, Like he's so confident. It's not worried about it.
Speaker 1: Why should he be? He it's a it's what comes after that is so perplexing for me.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but let's keep going, okaying for me, we.
Speaker 2: Get quickly to the dinner, like it's immediately, So we get right to the dinner, right at the door, Luke. I think it is the first time that Luke's actually been to the Gilmore, so he sort of WHOA the house, you know, Lorli really wants to drink heavily.
Speaker 3: Like, let's don't blame her.
Speaker 2: So they go in and Emily offers the tour of the house, which I kind of love. And also it's like a little like the tour of the house thing is always a question because you want the tour, but is it so like obnoxious to offer would you like a tour of our mansion?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean? Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Whenever I go over a new house, I'm like, please show me every.
Speaker 1: I love tours. If they don't ask me, I just do it on my own.
Speaker 3: Anyway, See you got into the bathroom, walk around.
Speaker 1: We were we were we were at this kid party recently, my son's classmate at a birthday party, and there was this massive mansion and they they were so busy with so many guests. Uh, we just took our own tour. We're like wow, wow, wow. Then I think like a maid showed up and said, can we help you?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, we Oh I'll find the bathroom this way, I will admit to though this is so bad, and I know everyone does it.
Speaker 4: Like when somebody has.
Speaker 2: To give you their address, you're immediately like zillody, I've said that, but.
Speaker 3: Before five seconds, what's their house?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 2: So at first I did, I actually hook line and Sinker fell for it. I thought it was going great. He's very Luke, You're was very confident. She said, you know, hello, missus Gilmore, call me Emily. And then he says Emily like nine times, like he was real strong with the Emily. And I did notice one thing that I thought was amazing. I don't know if you guys noticed it. So Emily brings out the tray of drinks and Luke picks up Laurelize and hands it right to her, like, Luke has amazing manners. And I don't know if that was written in scott or if you just have those manners.
Speaker 1: I do me personally, I do, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 4: Manners because like would that be written Luke picks up.
Speaker 1: Laura too many manners? Nobody nobody has manners anymore. I can. I can trouble a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's sometimes kind of like considered, sort of like I don't know what the word is overly?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, well mannered. I don't know. They Yeah, it's like, what's the opposite of what's what's the male? Karen? A Ken? Whatever?
Speaker 4: Oh it's not a brad?
Speaker 1: Is it a brad? What's the I thought it was a brad. A brad st Ben, We'll call it Brady. There's yeah, I'm now.
Speaker 4: Do you still do? Okay, so this is kind of an.
Speaker 1: Son does too. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: Do you still do when you're say, you're at a restaurant and your wife gets up to go to the bathroom, do you stand up?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No one does that one again.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's kind of it depends on the restaurant.
Speaker 4: If you're in and out made not.
Speaker 3: Like if you're at the Cheesecake factory you stand up when she stands up to go the bath or.
Speaker 2: Not probably at Cheesecake, but if you're at like Craig's or something, maybe like that was the.
Speaker 4: Old school way, like.
Speaker 2: When the lady got up to go to the bathroom, all the men would stand.
Speaker 4: I think I'm getting that right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Never, I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Well not, of course you're not going to see it and count.
Speaker 4: Not around as much.
Speaker 2: That's what about always do you always open your That one's kind of gone away too with the click clicking.
Speaker 1: Open the door for her. Yeah, I see that.
Speaker 4: I do see that from time to.
Speaker 3: My husband makes me walk on the inside of absolutely, that's they so annoyed. If I don't like he will physically moves.
Speaker 4: That's a good one anyway, I digress.
Speaker 2: But Luke is extraordinarily well mannered and seems very at ease to me.
Speaker 1: But but that isn't that doesn't come from privilege. That just comes from parenting. He's a Northeasterner, and they people have manners and manners.
Speaker 2: Well because your parents, your kid has manners because you're teaching him the manners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm no, but I'm talking about the show now. Yeah. Oh, well, because he's around manners. He grew up around manners exactly exactly it's expected. So it's uncouth not to display manners in that part of the world.
Speaker 2: I did love the brilliance of the beer sounding one way to me and you when we're listening the first time, and the difference same thing with Rustic, Like what do you think of this whole thing?
Speaker 3: Roastick and charming. I think she said.
Speaker 1: She's a she's a killer man. She had her laser, she had her her phaser set on stun and she kept firing laser beams at Luke and he just took it. You know, he didn't have any comeback. He's not They tried to portray him in that scene. As you know, he's a good guy, he's unsophisticated. He's not prepared to deal with that volley of insults, you know, these thinley veiled insults coming at him constantly.
Speaker 2: So, you know, do you think he sees the best in people so that he would just assume like who would ever behave the way she behaved around it?
Speaker 1: He's not used to it, you know, And who would do that?
Speaker 2: Who would invite someone to their home for dinner to just beat s h I t t y to because.
Speaker 1: She's still delusional enough to think that she Laurela I is vulnerable to her charms and her influence, and she's still trying to influence her daughter. She's still trying to correct the mistakes she feels Laurel I made with Christopher so she doesn't do it again with this guy. She still wants to get it right right. She wants she wants Lourlai with somebody that's appropriate, and it goes against every every fiber of her being that Laurli keeps dragging in these guys that you know, you know, it's interesting inappropriate.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting is she did not really fight back on her being with Digger. It was Richard that put the kebache on that because he kind of essentially stabbed him in the back. But Emily was upset about it, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And as we see later in this episode, Richard has a different experience with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to ask you guys about that. I actually think Emily is far worse than Richard.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. Emily is horrible.
Speaker 2: Where Richard's just trying to mold Luke into something more of his caliber.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I think.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm gonna let him do what he wants to do, but let me make it even better for him. Everyone, like I think, And.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let Laurelay do what she wants to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if because if Luke is franchised and wealthy, and and and and we can talk stock options and do you want to how much stock are you going to buy in Luke's diner's chain this kind of thing at the club. At least Richard won't be so embarrassed and he and he can and he can have bragging, right said, I made this guy, and Richard's gonna get a piece. Obviously he's not going to do this for free. He's gonna he's gonna get a neck mistake. And it's like, now I can play golf with him, Now he can come to the club. This is how Laurel I is. You know, these are the this is these are the menu items, no pun intended that Laurel I is offering us. You know, this is our life too. So she's either going to completely destroy it and we have to ignore her and that would be sad, right, you know, because she's too toxic, or we're going to mold one of her gentlemen friends into something that we can stomach.
Speaker 2: I mean, I still think what he's doing is gross. But what Emily is doing is she doesn't care that her daughter's happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not even she doesn't she doesn't.
Speaker 4: She doesn't care that her daughters.
Speaker 1: She knows, she knows deep down, Laurela I will never be happy with any of these people that's in her mind. In Emily's mind, she can't even entertain the idea of being happy with somebody like that. It's just a completely different mindset. So she doesn't understand her own daughter obviously.
Speaker 2: I mean, I actually started off because Luke gets a little up in lore lies grill, like you're making me look weak, like you know whatever. And then it's like obviously a full one eighty because at first I did think, oh, Emily's you know, into this and being cool, and then you realize, like right when she said, oh, you're recently divorced, it was like, oh, gosh, do.
Speaker 3: You want another beer?
Speaker 2: You know the way she could, I mean props because the acting is amazing, because she was able to turn two words that sounded fine into garbage.
Speaker 4: You're like somehow rustic, like I love what he's all.
Speaker 2: It did sound like a crap pile when she said at that time, it's like and it did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the clue, the real clue for me, for Luke, the you know, the real window into his soul to what kind of guy he is is when he offered when she said, you know, it looks so good. It's nice and frosty. That beer. I almost almost makes me want to have one myself. And he said, well, you want some of mine, So there you go, right, there you go. I mean, he's not clever with her. He seems to be relaxed, he doesn't seem to be nervous with her, but he doesn't know what to say to her. He doesn't how to interact with her, so he uses this sort of put on politeness. Well thank you, Emily. You know, this kind of thing to create a distance and is a protective shield. But when he offers her that beer, he's really showing her who he is, Like he just doesn't get what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, wow, Yeah, I didn't think of that, but it's interesting that you say.
Speaker 4: That, right, he is.
Speaker 2: It didn't dawn on him until the end when they walk out.
Speaker 1: Then he's like, I mean then it just continued and it was.
Speaker 3: Well, Laura, I did tell him like, she you know, that's a dish. She's offering you a beer, like, not a scotch, not a whiskey.
Speaker 1: But at dinner when they had dinner, she just she just drilled them.
Speaker 4: Then she was just hammered.
Speaker 1: And then he then he his eyes were opened up and he realized. But her him offering that beer was like, you know, that's his crude way of oh, gosh, I'll make nice with Emily or something and maybe she'll leave me. Yeah, and it's like it's like, wow, guy, you know that's well and.
Speaker 2: Also wow, lady, wow lady, that you invite this guy to your house to just be awful gross.
Speaker 4: That was gross.
Speaker 1: Well that's fun for Emily. That's that's fun for her. You know, she gets to take him apart and she gets to show off for Laura. I. And do you think do you think there was a part of laurel I that liked that. No, you don't think there was any part of Laurea I.
Speaker 4: I think she likes that.
Speaker 2: She was right that her mom was bleepy, and she called it out and said, my mom sucks.
Speaker 5: It sucks, right if she if she really likes Luke, maybe loves Luke, why didn't she get angry with her mother in the moment.
Speaker 2: I think she she I don't think she wanted to embarrass Luke. I think she did that because Luke said just she tried. She started to kind of call her out, and then Luke was like, no, no, no, don't do that, like you're making me look weak, and so she's like, all.
Speaker 1: Right, when when the follys were coming faster and more furious.
Speaker 3: She was listening to Luke, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: She did what you asked, and then when you come outside.
Speaker 1: She's like, what would you do in that situation, Danielle, what would you do? Amy? In that situation? What would you do?
Speaker 3: I would have done what she did exactly, and I would have done what she did too, Like I was trying really hard. She was trying really hard to you know, shield Emily, and then he told her to back off politely. Back she's being respectful, and so she's backing off.
Speaker 2: She didn't even want to go to the dinner. She was like, we should not do this, and you were the one that was like.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's kind of a cop out, Like that's annoying that she said that, because it's like it's gonna happen one day, you know, like you're dating this guy. Your parents are going to want to meet him.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe, but like they've met him, they met him many times, I know.
Speaker 4: But you're just gonna keep.
Speaker 3: This guy and you're gonna keep getting more serious and it's just gonna because she never did.
Speaker 2: She knows what's gonna happen, and it's exactly what she said would happen.
Speaker 1: Happens like a like a modern day adult version of Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I think the other thing too, is it could destroy Luke and Laura Lai. Potentially it didn't and it hasn't and it may not. But there are a lot of couples where if the parents treated the person like that, that the boyfriend would just be like.
Speaker 4: I'm out girl. Like, Yes, probably not in.
Speaker 2: This case because they have so much history and they've waited so many years for this. But in a new relationship, if you went to your parents' house and their psycho, the dude is out.
Speaker 1: But maybe Luke is just so cool that he was he knew what was going on. He's willing to take it, and because he loves her and.
Speaker 4: He doesn't seem upset by it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, and he was maybe expecting that a little bit well.
Speaker 2: And if he was so upset by it, he wouldn't have gone to golf. He's taken another Now he knows he's gonna get it again, and he's like, I'll go oh yeah, My only we'll get to the golf, but we have to talk about something else. But my only flag on the plan on the golf is Luke wouldn't have worn jeans.
Speaker 4: He knows better.
Speaker 1: Well, they wouldn't have let him on the course, right.
Speaker 4: That was like he would have worn the right opone.
Speaker 1: Would have gone to the pro shop and said you can't play in jeans, you know, proper plants.
Speaker 4: With his bag. He would have his credit card obviously by the club.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the one scene we missed sort of in the midst of the dinner, it goes back and forth to Rory gets the voicemail from Dean that he can't have plans, and she gets the envelope that says, like being the vestibule blindfolded.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that a fantastic contrast of options that she had to weigh? Meet her at meet Dean at a truck stop and maybe they get a six dollars surfing turf versus the mystery romance guy with the foodles of cash. You know, come on, speaking of how.
Speaker 4: Insane, insane is the right word.
Speaker 2: When Emily is saying diners serve road and poor Luke is just like, yeah, well, we don't serve roadkill like I would have been like, what planet are you on.
Speaker 1: Kill? That wouldn't we wouldn't serve that. Yeah, it was. It was ugly. It got ugly in that dining room, beautiful dining room it yeah.
Speaker 4: So okay, So then Rory's blindfolded.
Speaker 1: House, seriously, isn't it.
Speaker 4: So we get Rory blindfolded ace.
Speaker 2: You ready, he's really sticking with the ace, which I couldn't be happier about.
Speaker 4: Gorilla girls in the car. She finds out it's an overnight thing. She's just like, I don't even know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then and then we go to the diner where Luke gets the call about the golf thing, which just oh good god, yeah he's going. The only other thing I had on the sort of fuzzy timeline is they pick her up, and I swear one of those guys says, oh boy, it's early and then suddenly it's dark, like were they on a nine hour road trip?
Speaker 4: Like I don't think so, So that was my only thing, like.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, well he did say that she would be picked up at what four in the afternoon?
Speaker 6: Four?
Speaker 2: Okay, So it wasn't early, So I don't know why I want I swear I thought one of those dudes said, oh, it's early, but what else.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's kind of early. It's still daylight around that time, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's November, so you figure by six it's dark. So it's a two hour drive, maybe an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So then we get there and she does have a funny line like is there are you taking me to a firing school? And then it's just so cool when she's unblind, so cool.
Speaker 1: Where did they film that, like, I well, obviously it was California. I mean you could see the burn.
Speaker 4: I mean that they just found forrest. But it was so like, I said, that's the glamping we all want to go on.
Speaker 3: It was like I want to go there now.
Speaker 1: You know, like so totally yeah, that's how you do camping right there, That's that's how you do it.
Speaker 3: And all their outfits, everyone's in cream and neutrals, and it's just like so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only the young can do it like that, you imagineers, and.
Speaker 2: You know, I would have been kind of concerned about my hair. But so then we see Lorelei at the inn and she's wearing the green vest, which I have a question about.
Speaker 4: But she says to Richard, like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: And he's all mad because of the secret dinner and that her blabberbouth made told told his valete.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, oh my god. And then then just have a good protocol because memory goes. I'm just following protocol. Have a good protocol.
Speaker 2: Like it's just oh god, here's my question about that scene. And I don't know if either of you're gonna be on it. So she's wearing the tight green vest. It's so cute with a button down shirt under it. No way, if you try to wear a vest over a button down first of all, you're gonna have so many like lumpies, right, and you're gonna be sweltering hot.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was very cute, but I just somehow they're pinning that or doing something because it would never lay flat like that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you've got you've got wardrobe assistance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because if we all try to, like if I try to put on a tight green sweater vest over this, I'm gonna beat this.
Speaker 4: And you won't be able to do this. You're just like it's a mess anyway.
Speaker 2: So okay, so then we get talk to me about what you guys think about Logan and Rory sort of at this.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, I was surprised that she was going around asking questions like a journalist. I was like, boy, this, I know this is not gonna This doesn't bode well for her future. I mean, you know they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Actually as the journalists like you know, camouflage in the.
Speaker 4: Crowd, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Why was it so clumsy?
Speaker 4: I agree, I thought she was. She's sort of a bad journalist.
Speaker 3: Your notebook away and like before I go to bed, write it all down.
Speaker 4: You know, exactly, and wear what they're wearing and blend in so they tell you stuff.
Speaker 1: She flips out of you know, her little notebook and write asking direct questions like yeah, it was not not a clever way to get information out of No.
Speaker 4: And I feel like she's better than that.
Speaker 3: The no ease really like I thought about him, like, can I talk without saying ease? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, it would be funny, I guess I don't think so. You might.
Speaker 2: You might do it.
Speaker 4: You might do it. I can do it, get it, you might do it. I can do it has no right, no good good friend say a sentence.
Speaker 1: Without any in it. Yeah, uh, I'll pass. Thanks.
Speaker 4: It is hard. It is hard. You did hard pass.
Speaker 1: I am doing it.
Speaker 4: I am doing it.
Speaker 3: But can you carry that on for a whole like for this whole podcast, for the rest of this podcast?
Speaker 4: Can you carry I might try, I might try.
Speaker 1: Please don't it's I need showers and hotel rooms, got order rooms. Don't do it? Did good so far? Not really? Not really. It sounds like a chat. But now, what's happening? Suck you Robinson? What's happening?
Speaker 4: I am trying. You don't try.
Speaker 1: I just said I'll pass their boney said, give me a sentence. I delivered. What do you want from me?
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: Hard to do it. It is boring to listen to you attempted.
Speaker 4: I shall stop doing it soon.
Speaker 1: Hoorah, hoorrah, hoorah. You Scott.
Speaker 4: All should try it hot Oh now now I can't stop it. I am stuck doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I'm somebody reaching.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's stop. It's actually starting to kind of make me. It's making me a little anxious. I'm not gonna lie. I started to making I'm not gonna lie it. Actually I started to have a moment where I was like, is my brain gonna be able to stop this? Like I actually I actually started having a panic at because it made me a little and nuts.
Speaker 4: That wasn't actually fun because I was trying so hard and thinking it so hard. Oh I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't like how I feel right now, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to take a commercial break now, please, yes.
Speaker 4: Please please. With all the ease that have ever existed.
Speaker 1: Have you ever wanted to pet you could call your well, welcome to dog Emporium and we're back, okay?
Speaker 4: Do im so?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: In the midst of all this, we get the dates.
Speaker 2: Its Zach and Lane very cute, you look cute. Let's let's hang out. Let's get a pizza, you know.
Speaker 4: And as we talked about then, Brian just blops right in and.
Speaker 1: He's like, all great stuff. It's nice to watch people connect. It's it's really nice thing on TV and TV shows.
Speaker 4: I love what he says, should we leave your room empty in case the date goes well?
Speaker 6: And she's like, you can go to my room, And then we go kind of right back to.
Speaker 2: The The Life and Death brigade whatever we're calling that party, and uh, that was where really Rory was not being a great journalist. Yeah, but there is so cute when he comes over. Remember when he comes over and I think she even says like, I'm not hungry, and he's like this is for me, Like everything is just he's so studley he can't be sort of taken sideways by her. And he gives her the rules, which I thought were good, and I love how he said there was like they've done some naughty things in the past, so no pictures, right, naughty.
Speaker 4: I love the word naughty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the this is the beginning of you know, they're establishing their tribe will be with them their whole lives.
Speaker 2: So then we go back to the date and we do get the kiss between Lane and Zach.
Speaker 4: So what what is everybody's vibe on them?
Speaker 1: I think it works. It's good. You know, the kiss worked. They both seem like they're truly kiss worked. I agree, digging each other it was good. The whole thing was good. I like this diechnamic between them too. Now you know, before to me it was just eh, but now it's paying off, you know, getting better. Yeah, I enjoyed it. I got some good chuckles out of it. Yeah, you know, Todd got to show another side of his skill set. So it's like, yeah, you know, he's very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that that's kind of the main thing too, is like he's not just a one trick pony anymore.
Speaker 4: Like we're getting like some layers to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good. They're good together. You know, they're good together. And he's really you know, he's playing this character. So it's a it's fun to watch. It really is fun to watch.
Speaker 4: So then what did you think.
Speaker 2: We go back to the forest or wherever we are, and she's in her same clothes and he goes like, you need to change your clothes and she's like, I don't have any clothes, and he's like, we'll go back in there.
Speaker 4: How he got the.
Speaker 3: Note he's there, he said it will interfere with the integrity of the events.
Speaker 4: Right, look again, Ace.
Speaker 1: Oh, he said, he said, I always had I for such dress sizes totally.
Speaker 4: And she looked great. She looked great. Smooth, smooth, you.
Speaker 1: Know that's uh, that's Pierce Brasian territory, you know. In that movie.
Speaker 4: Remember, in addition to the human clay pigeons. Did you see them, They're like carrying around those carriage things.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well playing polo. The girls were playing polo, but the guys horses.
Speaker 1: Essentially, they were the guys were the horses.
Speaker 4: Who thinks of this? Like literally it was amazing.
Speaker 2: I did notice though, that Matt slash logan he's doing something. Oh when he was shooting the clay pigeons and then he has to pull his tux down shooting the pigeon, but it was a human pull his tucks down.
Speaker 1: This is this isn't a this isn't a group of people that like, you know, goes to Vegas on breaks and twerks, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Right, we go to Vegas in a private jet for one night, you.
Speaker 1: Know, all over the pool. Uh yeah, yeah, they're doing.
Speaker 2: Imagine being Matt Zukri though, and you are kind of like this is one of his earlier roles. I think he'd done a few things and suddenly I mean you this is a major part. Yeah, and it's a big old deal and you're coming in in this whole thing.
Speaker 4: I mean that would have.
Speaker 1: Been oh sure, yeah, I mean it opened up all the doors for him. He did all kinds of things. After Gilmour, he did that lawyer show with the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did the Good Wife, The Good Wife and then the Resident.
Speaker 1: Right. I mean it's been he hasn't stopped working. Yeah, he was so great in this part. Is this part was written for him. He was perfect in it. Perfect.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So then we go out to the gall and Luke's and jeans, which he wouldn't uh, would have happened.
Speaker 4: The club's got to go buy clubs.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a hot mess, wouldn't happen.
Speaker 4: I did love the conversation between you and the cat. Give me a hobby quick. He's like, I think the.
Speaker 3: Club and then Katy's like, no, don't do it, don't do it.
Speaker 4: What are you reading?
Speaker 1: Dick, Dick somebody that fell flat for me? Oh no.
Speaker 4: When Richard said I'll bring Dick up on the internet, I.
Speaker 3: Will say I did really want Luke to just like be a pro, like just annihilate the golf course like I wanted that. Yeah, that would be good, right, like just show everybody there in his jeans and rented golf clubs like that would have made me so happy.
Speaker 4: That would have been that.
Speaker 1: That would have and I forgot what had happened, and I was really hoping for that to just like nail a three hundred yard drive right down the middle.
Speaker 4: And actually would have been kind of good. Yeah, I think that would have been better. And I mean the whole shaving thing.
Speaker 2: And then there was a funny callback where I can't remember Laura asked somebody, what are men shaving?
Speaker 4: And but I don't know, Richard a horse's at.
Speaker 1: Let's let's know he wasn't. Let's talk about this. Can we just dissect this a little bit? Please? Why would a man okay, you, you helped me with this. Why would a man in his forties as Luke was back then, as I was back then, look askance at an opportunity that huge, because that's a dream scenario. That's, like, Luke, a working class guy somehow managed to get to that place with that guy on that golf course, and this guy offering his entire arsenal of friends to set him up in a franchise with with an IPO with stock selling stock. It's a dream scenario.
Speaker 2: Like who he's coming off the dinner with Emily, so he sort of knows what they're all about.
Speaker 4: And to Luke, doesn't want a franchise.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Why because he's happy and he's got a ton of money, which we cannot argue.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have a ton of money. He does not have a ton of money.
Speaker 4: He suddenly has.
Speaker 2: He's got hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank because he whipped out thirty thousand dollars cash for Loralai with no problem of He's definitely got a quarter of a million dollars.
Speaker 4: In the bank, definitely, And he likes his life. He doesn't want nine diners.
Speaker 1: So he's not a tighte egg.
Speaker 4: Luke could have been anything.
Speaker 1: No, he couldn't have I agree. His education was very limited, so he couldn't have been anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's plenty of people whose educations are super limited that are.
Speaker 1: He can't whip off the name of a book on a golf course.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't make you successful like Luke. There's no art even hurt correct, But Luke is successful. He rushed that, but obviously successful. He has more money than he.
Speaker 1: He's a guy. He's a guy who doesn't want more.
Speaker 2: Well, he wanted he bought the building next door when that opportunity presented itself. But I don't think he wants to run around like he owns, you know, forty two diners and has to travel all the time.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want that. He doesn't want that. He likes his life and look, like I said, he is an entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: He's bought, you know, he owns that candy shoppy or the ice cream shoppy.
Speaker 4: Like he has money. He's successful and he's smart with the money. He doesn't want to know.
Speaker 1: I grant you that. I grant you that, But how many times in your life is a guy like that going to have that kind of an opportunity?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 2: But I think the words of whatever movie say anything, it's a conscious choice, Lloyd. Like literally, Luke is making the choice. He could have done other things. I think he consciously chose. I want this diner.
Speaker 4: I want it to be successful.
Speaker 2: I want to have money, which he does, but he doesn't want He's satisfied.
Speaker 4: He wants that diner and the love of a girl.
Speaker 1: He's young, He's worked too hard. He needs to you know what I mean. He's he's got to think of his future, don't you think? Or he doesn't have to work so.
Speaker 4: Hard money that you don't see Luke I.
Speaker 1: Do see Luke, I see it, but that particular scene was problematic for me, and for me I think it tracks because I want but that's an opportunity to get on Easy Street. Yeah. So he's working like a like a dog every day in that diner, right, and he's making I mean, he's getting by. He's making a little money, that's fine, he's putting it away. He's being very crugal. He's not making a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Diners don't make, but he's definitely got a solid nested use.
Speaker 1: For your restaurants and the grocery chains are the margins are one percent, two percent, It's really true.
Speaker 4: I think I think Luke's doing fine. I think here's my mention for you.
Speaker 1: But but what about any kind of long term plans he has with Laurel I and maybe he wants to have kids or you know whatever.
Speaker 3: He's got money, Correct me if I'm wrong. He didn't say no, so it's not that like right, like, he's not saying no, I don't want to do that. He's actually entertaining it with yes.
Speaker 2: But also why does he have to say yes? Why are we not just proud of Luke exactly how he is I am. I think that dude's great just how he is. He's successful, he's kind. I think Luke is happy as he is, and I respect that. I respect that he's like doesn't need that.
Speaker 3: I think he's happy too, Like I think he has a successful business and and loves what he does. But I do think like he he wouldn't be mad at taking the extra like I don't think like. I don't think.
Speaker 1: He's like, look sixty five, seventy years old, he's going to look back and say, damn, I wish I'd have done that, because at that point it's it might be tough sledding for him, you know, I don't think he can. I think.
Speaker 2: Look, I think when business opportunities present themselves, like buying the building next door, he does it. And he's perfectly like solid solvent whatever the word is.
Speaker 1: We got to do a deep dive. We ought to do a deep dive on his net worth, and I bet you I'll do it. Okay, I can do it right now, because you'd have to value a building in.
Speaker 4: The place that he starts two buildings in Washington.
Speaker 1: Washington Depot, Connecticut in two thousand and four or five, whatever it was, what would be the cost.
Speaker 4: Of that building quarter of a million.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm saying each of those buildings probably was a quarter of a million then.
Speaker 1: Was now commercial real estate is blowing up in twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty three, or now he's worth three million dollars Luke today.
Speaker 1: He's not worth three million?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he is, Yes he is, one hundred percent. He owns the diner, which is successful. He also owns the dirt, He owns the building, and he got it given to him so he didn't have to He's not upside down in the diner.
Speaker 4: Right, he's not.
Speaker 3: He's not paying rent.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: They give you very toxic assets in this day and age, because that's why all these regional bass are blowing up, because they have all the commercial real estate holdings.
Speaker 4: What he owns a piece of the inn, so they own the inn now, so it's been twenty years. The inn is I'm assuming quite successful too. They definitely have a net worth of three million dollars one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And I don't obviously lower lines no matter because she's getting all the money from the gill Wars.
Speaker 4: But on their own they're worth three million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that could that could stop any day. I mean, that could end at any moment.
Speaker 4: The money from the Gilmoores, Well, I just think, if.
Speaker 1: You have an opportunity, you know, if you're a man in your mid forties and you're working like a dog, and you've got this kind of a golden opportunity, why not jump at it. He doesn't want it, I know that, but I'd like to see him want it. I'd like to see him do it. That would be an interesting storyline. Tell me it wouldn't say for sure, for sure, but why do you You could fail along the way, but it would be fun to try.
Speaker 4: I like him how he is to take it.
Speaker 3: I want him to take the meetings and like entertain it and like talk about it and like do all the things and then and then decide, you know what, I love what I got.
Speaker 4: I don't need more, Laura.
Speaker 1: I want him to right and causes conflict between Laurelai and himself and it's like, well, you're not the guy I met, and what's going what happened to you? And you know, he comes back with us. He takes a trip to Wall Street. They wanted to you know, some of the bankers want to talk to him suit. Yeah, well, look he's not bad looking. We'll put his face right on the menu. Look, thanks a lot. Now, if you could go wait in the hallway, we'd like to talk some numbers here. You know this, Let's go back too.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know if I'm just hot or if I'm having a hot flash, but.
Speaker 4: I'm hot all the time. I have myself right now.
Speaker 2: So any shout out to anyone amongst yourselves, Shout out to the fifty year old ladies out there who were hot all the time.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's go back.
Speaker 1: To thest any hunter and here I could use a big fan.
Speaker 4: But go back to the.
Speaker 2: Jump, because what did you guys think when you see that whole thing?
Speaker 1: It scared the water out of me. Man, I don't like heights. It made me feel a little loozy.
Speaker 3: And the climbing up the seventies any kind of man emergency landing?
Speaker 1: You know, she was hooked into a harness from the front of her. We couldn't sure, Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: It is when they jumped off, which I was okay with, but it was the going up.
Speaker 4: God, we gotta get Kenny on, Danielle. Can we email him? He wants to do it. Let's try it him again. I'm just go.
Speaker 1: That was the most hair raising, gnarly moment of the series so far, is all the jumping off of that thing, because they actually did it.
Speaker 4: Totally, they did it. Maybe they had stunt doubles, but I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Alexis Boodell and Matt did it.
Speaker 3: Holding wasn't seven stories.
Speaker 4: High though, like No, No. Three, they're holding hands too. Did you see that?
Speaker 1: Only would have taken it would have taken them a half hour to die instead of instantly, right, And.
Speaker 2: Then she says this is a once in a lifetime and he says, only if you want it to be, meaning we have a future.
Speaker 1: Right right? He's good man, you know, yeah, yeah, maybe maybe that's his modus modus OPERENDI. I'm all scared, and then you know, move in for the killing.
Speaker 3: It's very symbolic guys like Rory is jumping. She's jump to this high.
Speaker 1: Class Daniel right right into his spider's web. Maybe who knows.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we have two scenes left.
Speaker 2: One one is the confrontation with Richard and Emily and like she's all mad and he's like I'm just trying to make bring this guy up to our level, like it's a whole hot mess. And then the there's a quick conversation between Lorli and Rory, and then Rory gets the knock at the door, and that, to me was.
Speaker 4: Such a cool ending, so quickly, let's talk about Emily and Richard. That's how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's they needed to have that scene because at least Richard has a strategy instead of trying to Emily trying to blow him out of the water, right, It's like, at least Richard has a modicum of of hees and a monoicum of respect for his daughter.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes they're both awful, but she's horrific. She is so nasty, and I don't like I.
Speaker 1: Think Emily just doesn't. Like I explained before, I just think.
Speaker 7: She's she's she's an historical revisionist and she wants to do over and she's she's constantly trying to intervene in these situations where she thinks she can affect some kind of positive.
Speaker 1: Change, like she should have done, you know what I mean. She's she's she's that, she's that woman that just didn't couldn't get her daughter to behave the way she wanted her. Now she's gonna she's gonna keep trying till the day she dies. So it's kind of sad.
Speaker 4: Actually, yes, it is sad. I agree with you, Scott, and she is.
Speaker 1: And it is an odd way to display love. It's it's one of her ways of showing love is to be that monstrous. It's a it's a very twisted form of showing protective love for your child, you know. And that's just how she does it. Baby, I don't know what do I know anyway?
Speaker 2: So then what did you think at the end when we get to the door knock and the champagne is there, and the camera and the gorilla.
Speaker 1: Perfect just utter perfection. You see those little photos and you're like, man, this guy's unbelievable. This show is unbelievably great. It was just an it was a cherry on the top of the cake. It was.
Speaker 2: It takes all your strength to not watch the next one, every bit of strength you have.
Speaker 1: Hold me down. No, I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna be patient, I'll be disciplined.
Speaker 4: I was too, but I wanted to stop. This is a real favorite for me this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it could be the favorite for me too.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's full. Oh man, I mean, what are you grading it? And what's your measuring stick?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I get my.
Speaker 3: Measured digital cameras.
Speaker 4: Oh I was going to do.
Speaker 3: I mean doing nine point five?
Speaker 1: Why why deduct five? Because you just don't you just because the logan element, it's an automatic deduction for you, because you're biased, You've got some biased against the wealthy.
Speaker 3: The logan element in this actually was amazing, So like, I gotta give it to him, the lane and the lane ins acting. I'm not sold. It's getting better.
Speaker 4: I will say that.
Speaker 3: It's just every time I see them on I'm like, really, you were doing this right now?
Speaker 2: That's it. I'most ten ten strapless dresses with a blue a royal blue backwards scarf.
Speaker 1: What about you, Scott, I'm going to give it a yeah, boy, I mean it was so overwhelming great. I think it was actually an eleven or a twelve. But I'm going to have to deduct a couple of points. Yeah for the Luke author Dick thing. Whatever. You know, I'm just gonna I'll just have to We'll have to just settle on a ten ten out of ten, and I'm giving it ten human clay pigeons. Oh, because that's the greatest. That's the greatest thing I've ever seen on TV.
Speaker 4: What's next week?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Why don't we have next week?
Speaker 3: We have five, Episode eight, The parties over.
Speaker 1: We'll see you then. Gang Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com. Oh you Gilmore fans. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company Scottip dot com, s C O T T y P dot com, scottyp dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee