Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio Pan.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you, pleasant game in with us. Her website is linked up at Coast tocoast am dot com. But she'd also like you to go to her Instagram, which Les has posted at Coast tocoastam dot com as well. Do you practice witchcraft? Pleasant?
Speaker 3: Yes, but I don't do any any I will not do curses or any.
Speaker 4: Kind of.
Speaker 2: You're a good witch.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wish I had a bubble like Glinda exactly.
Speaker 2: And ruby slippers.
Speaker 4: I do have ruby slippers.
Speaker 2: Well, do you really?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I made them a long time ago, like I made them exactly like the Judy Garland ones.
Speaker 2: Now, at what point in your life or career did you start practicing witchcraft?
Speaker 4: Well, when I.
Speaker 3: Was when I was about twelve or thirteen, my best friend Joan and I decided we were going to become witches. And I ordered this book called Potions and Spells of Witchcraft, and when it came it was it was like it was like a witchcraft bible to me. It had all these beautiful illustrations, and you know, we would try spells out of that. We also used to try to astral project all the time, but I think that was mostly so we could go into David Bowie or Freddie Mercury's house. This was like in nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 2: Did you ever meet Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that I really met him, but I saw him up close in that blobby of the Beverly Hilton. He was in play right after I moved to Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: He was a great talent, wasn't he.
Speaker 3: He was incredible. And then I never met David Bowie either. But at the Mud Club, this underground sort of punk rock disco in New York, yeah, he like there was It was rumored all night he was going to come in, and I knew that he had come in because all these people started running out of the back room sort of the vip room, crying, and that's like a you know this this girl that I knew that was like an insane Bowie freak. And so I went back there because I had left my jacket back there and he was sitting on it. But I was too shy to ask him to get up. I mean, if that would have been me a few years older, I would have just like introduced my mother and said, hey, you're sitting on my jacket. But I was dumb dumbfounded because David Bowie.
Speaker 2: Him sign it or.
Speaker 4: Something, right, I know, but you know what it was Bowie.
Speaker 3: And I was hysterical. I know, we're trying not to be hysterical pleasure.
Speaker 2: What do you think manifestation is and how does that happen?
Speaker 3: I think, well, manifestation is magic. Manifestation is witchcraft or magic in the you know, in the traditional term, because there is there's nothing stronger than the power of will, and it comes from inside you. Like we can use candles, we can use oils and crystals and all of those things, but that's just the focus our will on something that we want to happen, you know. I mean that that's the way I believe it. I use all those things. I love those things. It's great to stare into a candle and do an actual spell. But I've had so many other things manifest just because I said something out loud and you know, or I wrote it down a million times and then I worked towards it, you know. But I know that that manifestation, it's that's like the magician card in Teri. It's it's it's your will, it's your ability to speak something into reality.
Speaker 2: What would you recommend to people who want to learn how to manifest things in their lives.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a there's a lot of little things that I would do. One is to make it concrete, like like really write something down over and over if you need to, just like old school homework from grammar school a long time ago, when they may do right things like I will not throw paper airplanes in class five hundred times. Just write down what you want, put energy towards it every day if you want to.
Speaker 4: You can make a.
Speaker 3: Candle, especially for that. Madam Tamida, who's a really good friend of mine, has a genius book on candle magic, and you know that way you would learn the correspondences, you know, for you know, certain colored candles for certain desires. But I have found that writing writing things down makes it concrete. And you can also you can write things down and then burn, like write it on a piece of paper and burn it into a burn it into a candle and a fireproof container like a big pot or something. On the new moon, because that's always a good time to start new things. But you really have to learn how to focus your will on something. And a lot of times if you say something and you really mean it, it will just happen in front of you, And that that happens to me and to other people I know who are psychic with really really mundane.
Speaker 2: Things good or man.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean manifestation. If you want to manifest something like I don't. I don't manifest anything bad. I want to manifest nice things for people, for my you know, for others, for myself, for animals or for you know how there's like group group rituals like there was there was group rituals amongst witches.
Speaker 4: To to clear to clear the world of disease during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: A lot of witches at this this store that I do readings through.
Speaker 4: Called the Green Men. My friend and.
Speaker 3: Co producer of my Witch for Leque show, which we can go into later, shan A Lei, Lani Her and Monica Source started doing rituals and we would put them on Instagram and have everybody who is reading it say it at the same time to rid the world of disease, you know, and so things like that, like if you're doing if you're trying to manifest something bad. I feel like that turns it into a curse, you know, like if you if you wish something bad upon someone, So I only go for the good things. And also if you're trying to manifest something, it will never hurt to to sort of pay for it magically, to give coin, like to donate to a charity. It can it can even be a few pennies or or you know, like whatever you have like to do something good that will that will help. It's sort of like like like your your ticket to better manifestation.
Speaker 2: What about dreams and manifesting, Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, that that has happened to me.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'll tell I'll tell you that the main dreams that I had and how they're manifested, and that will tell people how they can put put their dreams into into real life if they if they work on them enough. So the first time that I ever remember it really happening was I had a dream about a band of wild women and that we all looked like we all looked like we were a prize between mis kitty on gunsmoke, like an old wild West saloon girl. Yeah, and a female biker, you know, And I saw how it sounded. It sounded like Kitty Wells or Patsy KWin meets the Ramones, And I mean, I saw the whole thing in the dream and I woke up in My takeaway was I have to cite a band right now. And I told my roommate Ilish, who is now actually my book publisher, I said, I'm going to side a band. And she said, what makes you think that you can start a band? And I said, really indignantly, well, if I can get to the to the blue screen of Miss Pacman, I could start a I didn't even remember that until she told me that, like a few months ago. But you know, to get to the the screen of a video game, or you know, like to get to the highest level, you have to really work at it. And it was the same with the band. So the first thing I thought that I needed to do was have a name for it, and I called it the Screaming Sirens because I wanted an all girl band. It would be like the Sirens in ancient Greece and drive men to death and destruction, but in a good way, in a rock and roll way.
Speaker 4: And so then I thought I could start. This was in.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty three and it was hard to find women in bands at that time, you know, So I thought that the first thing that I used to do would be get a great female drummer. But the only one that I knew of was someone I hated. And the hate was mutual because we always saw each other at clubs doing horrible crazy things, are getting dragged out by a bouncer because we were rowdy, you know, and you were rowdy. Oh my goodness, George, you have no idea.
Speaker 2: That'll be a different show, yes, different, So.
Speaker 4: It was a different show for quite a few years. Anyway.
Speaker 3: So I hated this girl, but I got her phone number because I've seen her playing in other bands, and I called her up and I was like, I said Hi, this is pleasant, and the phone was dead silent.
Speaker 4: And I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: She didn't know whether to hang up or what.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, yeah, she had no idea. I said what are you doing?
Speaker 3: And she said, in a really mean voice, folding laundry? And I said, oh, would you like to start a band with me?
Speaker 4: And she said, well, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: And I started telling her about my ideas for the band and then she said, okay, let's meet tomorrow. And we met and then like at first, we were circling each other like wolves, getting ready to tear each other apart, and then we became best friends. And so about two years into the band, I asked her, why did you even like want to meet me? And she said, because I thought the whole fact that you called was the sickest, craziest thing I could think of. So anyway, the band became the Screaming Sirens. We got signed to a record deal. We toured all over North America. We had songs and movie soundtracks. Yeah, so that was the first manifestation, and then the second one came about. It came about twelve.
Speaker 4: Years, I guess.
Speaker 3: After that one, I thought that I needed to belly dance. I had no idea why, no one and my family did it. And I know, George, are you your.
Speaker 2: Lebanese I know all about belly dancing.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know you do.
Speaker 2: Not that I belly dance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you could if you wanted than that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I would pay to see that.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so I just kept I was calling studios all over asking if there wasn't you know, belly dancing anywhere, and I couldn't find any and then I finally met someone and started taking some classes, and then then things started moving really really fast. I kept thinking, I need to go to Egypt to study belly dance, and that was all I could concentrate on with how am I going to get to eat stuff?
Speaker 2: Didn't you?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, yeah, because this was an obsession that.
Speaker 4: That knew no bounce.
Speaker 3: My father used to write for National Geographics when I was really tiny, and I remember cutting out a picture in one of the National Geographics of a belly dancer in Turkey, and I still had it in my wallet as an adult, as someone in their late my niece. That was that was That was when this happened. So I kept trying to, you know, like, how am I going to get to Egypt? That was the only thing I could think of. And then a couple came up to me, a female couple that were the friends of mine, and they said, we have a proposition for you. And I just got accepted into a master's program that I thought I wasn't going to be accepted into. But we had a trip book to Greece. If I pay for your if I give you my plane ticket, because you could do that in those days, they were pay per tickets. I give you my plane ticket where you go with her? Can you pay your your expenses? And I said yes. And then I turned to her girlfriend and said, DEBI interested in going to Egypt, and she said I always wanted to go to Egypt. So I called the airlines and changed the tickets to include Egypt, and off we went.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 2: You manifested these things.
Speaker 4: Didn't you completely?
Speaker 3: And then also I manifested a place to stay in Egypt. And that's another sinker in the city. I was letting this Swiss rock and roll roady stay at my house because it had been broken into and I wanted him there and around. And he heard me talking on the lamdbine about Egypt and he said his brother had just moved to Cairo to work for Swiss Air and he said, I'll call him, because he's a workaholic. He'll give you his car and his driver, and that's what he did. And then when he saw the place that we were staying at in Cairo, he let us. He invited us to stay at his house.
Speaker 2: My late father was born there. We're not Egyptian. But that's where he was born.
Speaker 4: Oh, in Cairo, yep.
Speaker 2: Nineteen twenty three, A long time ago.
Speaker 3: Have you have you been there? Drest Nope, never have, But it's magical.
Speaker 4: It's magical.
Speaker 3: I've been there several several times. So anyway, I stayed, I stayed in Kiro. My friend went home and I stayed there. And when I came home, i'd been seeing down throughs every night, taking lessons, and I I came home and started working. And I mean, first of all, who starts a dance career with no training when they're thirty. That's what I did. And then I just worked and worked and worked, and within a few years I started touring all over the world and to teach and perform belly dance. It still blows my mind every time, every time that I was about to go on stage, I would just think the universe because it was so unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Where does synchronicity play a role in your life?
Speaker 3: It's huge, it's all, it's all the time. I have to I'll even tell you this, Okay. So the night before Lisa called me, I was listening to Coast to Coast and then I just I just set out loud, I need to be on Coast to Coast And then Lisa Ryan called me the next.
Speaker 2: Morning, Executive producer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I asked her, it was I.
Speaker 2: She called you, Yes, she called.
Speaker 3: She called me for such a she she called me and the voice Smith had said she'd been cleaning out her inbox and she saw a time that was ten years ago when we had spoken. But wow, and I think I ever had you on the show. And then I called her back and yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast a m. Every weeknight at one a m. Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more