Speaker 1: He is drinks chants, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legendsary queen's rapper. He ain't sag greed as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 2: What up as dj E f N?
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks chans postquay ds New Year's c Listen, It's time for drink champions. Drink up, motherfucker? Would it good? Be hoping to the super is your boy? And O R E?
Speaker 3: What Up is dj E f N? And this is middle TYMP of Crazy War. Yeah, you drink chemps ye. And when I tell you we want to interview legends, I come. When I listened to this man style, he's my friend. But I had to do the due diligence of looking up everything and listening to everything. And when I tell you this man is a one of one, you cannot duplicate him. There's one and when he's done, there will be none. He's a part of a legendary group. I think his name should be missed. The anthem I seen him the other night we was at Mister Leftfrack's party and DJ colleg was just sitting there watching him perform, and I realized, this is where Colin got his anthems from.
Speaker 2: When he was.
Speaker 1: Making anthems, he had this man naming this. He had this man facing his mind to make anthems, not records, not hits, anthems shit that last lifetime. The reason why you want Big Mama to cook Thanksgiving is because that little skinny girl can't cook shit. You want experience, You want people who know how to be in that stuve. This man has dominated movies, He has dominated so many feels and and if you're under twenty one, he might have smashed your mom's. He's a legendary icon, one of the no his story is so immaculate, it's so crazy, and we're gonna get to the bottom.
Speaker 2: Of it today.
Speaker 1: So in case you don't know who were talking about, we talking about the one the only trigger mother ch I ain't gonna lie to you. Listen.
Speaker 3: I was we was going through something that I had to go to Canada and I was in Jersey. I called you up there. I don't know if you remember. That's like the first time I ever like me and you like because we've always been friends, but this first time we ever like really spoke in depth. So I said that on the internet just now. I was like, Yo, we got trets and one of my friends immediately is like, yo, tell him about the time smoked in Jersey and this is when.
Speaker 1: We smoked out the bathroom. The whole department.
Speaker 2: Apartment is really thumbing down a lot.
Speaker 3: So so trust I gotta see you the other day or I'm left rack party, but it was in a mansion, so it's.
Speaker 1: Not left right. Two million? Yes, holy mo, I couldn't. I couldn't believe how dope that was. But did you get to see you perform?
Speaker 3: Like the crowd knew every single word. Is that something that's overwhelming or that's something that.
Speaker 2: You just used to at this point? I mean, it's it's both.
Speaker 1: I'm music it it's overwhelming, but it just shows how how deep hip hop is. Translations, translations, you know what I'm saying. Translations Like, it's so amazing. We had did a show like in Japan some years back, and it was the age range was eight to eighty. Wow, big Daddy k lyrics.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Eight to eighty literally the kids and the grandparents was in there. They didn't speak a bit eighty percent ain't speak a bit of English, but album songs we played off of their they knew every word translations. Wow, knew every word, not just the perfect English. Knew the album track, but yoke, the joker, every they knew lyrics.
Speaker 2: So it was like just to see that is it is humbling. That's amazing? Yeah, amazing, amazing.
Speaker 1: What's one of the craziest places you've been to and performed that?
Speaker 2: Besides Japan obviously probably Iraq?
Speaker 1: Did you gonna say, okay, I was in Africa too? Okay you performed to Africa? Oh yeahs banan Avi don Jabootie. Yeah, Jesus, we were actually out there seventy thousand people one spot in Africa. We were with the rebels. The police moved out. They wait, you feel me? So when we went out there to see our people, when they like it was literally like back home, got off the plane, kissed the ground. Actually you feel me like it was some real spiritual you go through. But like I Raq just right after us. Yeah, he was out there performing for the soldiers, morale and our Rakis that was out there and we performed actually in this Saddam stadium that they bombed.
Speaker 2: There was a time where.
Speaker 1: Legend that the soccer team lost and he killed the whole We were in that he.
Speaker 2: Killed the whole team for losing. Like, but we in I racked.
Speaker 1: We got one hundred pounds of armor on we you know, we in the base. It's like five miles to even get you know, they got it all secured. But performing in front of the soldiers and Iraqis or that was there and they don't speak half of them English and they knew the albums and the tracks, it's like crazy.
Speaker 2: But we had to sign our.
Speaker 1: Lives off if anything happened over here. Your family cannot sue the US gun brother, don't they pay your taxes or something like that.
Speaker 2: Look when you get it right off, you.
Speaker 1: Get it right off, right, yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you get a little credit, but you gotta pay your Texas Okay, okay, I forget, I forget how but let me let me let me ask, right because Jersey is like it's like it's like it's the other town. Right.
Speaker 3: If you had to name your top five Jersey mcs, your top five Jersey mcs.
Speaker 1: Damn top five. Yeah, have to be King's son son Patrick. He from Jersey, from Jersey, the wrongs kings sons from Jersey.
Speaker 2: Ship you feel me?
Speaker 1: Uh wise intellect okay, red Man, Red Man and Queen Latif that might be five, Rod Digger, Laurren Hell let me, I'm a name everybody, you know. It's like Jersey, we we tight and right, and it's just we we overlooked so much. So it's like I haven't seen or really cleft like Jerseys is venom spitters. But I mean, everybody have a different style, you feel me.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a fan before I was friends with him, you know what I mean, And a lot of them I was friends before fans Lord Ali Boski Baz like m J okay, yeah, damn yeah, damn you go back like that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Like so now now let's describe the people. What is because I lived in West Ores at one point.
Speaker 1: So what's the difference between West Oren, South Oras and East Orange.
Speaker 2: Oh it ain't.
Speaker 1: It ain't no shooters in West Son he was in the verb you was very good. You're doing you out step over to the east side, east right, and that's that's active Okay. West Arne is beautiful, right yeah, yeah, yeah to get there, so so and you guys from East Orange, yeah okay, So describe to people who've never who's never heard your music, who's never East Orie, because you knows heard your music.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying that.
Speaker 1: You like East Is basically North is the biggest city in Jersey. Oh not Trend. I thought it was non. Trend is the capital, the capitol, Masstero. I got computs and one of the most ignorant in Camden.
Speaker 2: They really that life.
Speaker 1: That's South Jersey though that's close to the Atlantic city. North is North Jersey. East Orange is next to a western South Orange Orange, Irvington, nor In the sixties it was like the Hall Riots, you know what I mean, it was the Panthers.
Speaker 2: It was, you know, the stand up.
Speaker 1: And my parents and a lot of parents moved out of North because it was so wild to neighboring cities.
Speaker 2: I was was East Orange.
Speaker 1: Some people moved to irving Ciston because it was it was it was out of the war zone. So we my mother moved from North to East Strange when we were babies. I was born in North where we was raised in East strange, and East Orange was basically a lot of families from like I said, nor after a while it started getting real active and anywhere you go you leave eastne you go right across the border, it's like Queens and Brooklyn right right there, and it's gangster on both sides.
Speaker 2: It's just different territories.
Speaker 1: Different land now. I remember bringing.
Speaker 3: A dude that was from the West Coast and I brung him to East Orange and I remember him saying, like, this is like his hood because at that time, other than South Jamaica, and that's just parts of South Jamaica, people.
Speaker 1: Didn't really see hoods that had houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Like it looked good on the outside. It's like Cali. You go central, but you see palm trees or anything else, and you.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: It looks no, no, no no. But yeah it was like houses and it was great. But it's like the crack epidemic fucked everybody up. Once that came into motherfucker start hustling all over. So it was nice houses and everything else, but it was really pop you know what I mean. After that, everybody was hustling, everybody was into it, and so it got real greasy and grimy, right, yeah, probably like when he came. It's like when Coolio came for the Rest in Peace. Coolio the first time he came to the East Coast, came to our hood. He walked, went to the store. He said, you know, he reads the wall. Hey, cub, this is a blood hood. I said, yeah, you good. He said, yeah, I know, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm super cripping. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: He saw He was like, yo, they y'all banging out here, like yeah, yeah, it's active. Now.
Speaker 3: That's another thing that as soon as I put it on Twitter, I said, you got questions for trash. One of the first questions was was he the first person to bring bloods.
Speaker 2: To the East Coast.
Speaker 1: Well, definitely, but not in the way of bringing bloods to the East Coast. What happened Pop and me was like this, right when this West Coast shit started popping off, we both was mindstorming, like, yo, we gotta level this shit.
Speaker 2: Out, all right. Boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: We was talking was like damn, And it's kind of like we came up with it at the same time. I'm gonna get a West Coast gul as Nordy, I'm gonna get the East Coast cool, all right. So he got the Outlaws and we got the road Dogs. And how we got the road Dogs. We didn't go to Cali looking for blood crips or anything. We just wanted the West Coast group. They could have been from the Bay of Anything. Wow. But the road Dogs just so happened to be from Inglewood and they was Don Moves. So when they came back, they just told stories in the hood and everything else.
Speaker 2: So that's why everybody always say double love. Inglewood.
Speaker 1: Ill Town was the first set on the East Coast with the original West Coast backing. It wasn't just like, Yo, I'm a gang from La I'm gonna just call ourselves this.
Speaker 2: We really had the gang that came you know, through lyrics.
Speaker 1: Wow. So you know it was uh, it was funny because at first when Park got the Outlaws, I'm like, where they're from? He like it from Mount Claire from No, I'm like Claire where who? He was like Fatal, I'm like, yeah, were banging with them niggas, right, meaning on the streets, beat the hoods, get the fuck out of here. We was banging. So I'm like you like these niggas. It was like yeah, I'm like they dope.
Speaker 2: It was like yeah, and.
Speaker 1: You had never heard of though. No, Like Roman, I'm like, beef off, it's over. That's your squad from the East Coast, my squad. I'm like, you got a problem with my niggas though, my nigg He's like nah, I said, yeah, so that's how all and we Fadal and all us from from then it was like clicked upright.
Speaker 2: It was crazy to go back.
Speaker 4: You said that you guys, You and Pu spoke specifically about you guys get a West coast group. He gets an East coast group offset the Yeah, the East coast, West coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was funny though, because we used to do interviews and ship they'd be like, what's up with the East Coast West Coast BF, And we'll look at each other hoop fuck you in the West coast, you in the East Coast and laugh like what fucking beef? And the media was hyping that up. Definitely, that wasn't really really. It was proved spoke on in on a panel we used at Harvard iceed Tea and all of us and anything else, and they was like what do you think, like put put the rat destroy itself and everything else.
Speaker 2: I'm like, nah, the media did that.
Speaker 1: The first time I seen a Vibe magazine cover, I've seen Puffed on it and Big on it, and the caption was East versus West.
Speaker 3: Everyone, I said, start me for cutting you off. But everyone, whenever I have people on the show, we have people on the show and we pinpoint the actual West coast east coast thing. Everyone always preferred to this. Yeah, so I remember, I remember, I think Big had a blue shirt on.
Speaker 1: It was just them. It was a white background, white background right next to Big and and the Biggest. The only caption was East versus West. Gangsters don't read articles. They recaptured the niggas go right word up rap Master magazine. Oh oh it's on. Oh, any nigga come from the East coast on the West done West vice versa. He's like, yo, we gotta do something offset this ship because this ain't what really happening. Niggas is really fucking with each other. It's just a battle right now. It ain't East verse fucking West. It's my fucking pucking Big going back and forth. And they gonna do records and anything else. And that's the fuck it really Like I'm on the phone with Pop with Schug, we actually know what he was on the road with bad Boy during the whole turmoil ship Wow, and I'm asking bigger than them, like Yo, after the shows while y'alln't go out with us. Well man, you know, like you know this ship with death roll and all of our said, ah boom death row, Yeah, I speak to Sugar. Ain't here now this tretch Oh hold on, hold on, no Shug Shug. Well, yeah, what's up done, Yo? We're park Oh he out right now.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom Yo.
Speaker 1: Were on the road with bad Boy and these niggas is not going on the road. They ain't doing none name boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna and.
Speaker 1: Tell them niggas go fuck out, Nigga, we gonna make better records than themselves, more, get more fucking money. Ain't nobody after them. We never even coming on no tours to do no motherfucker shit. Nigga, We're gonna bout that boom boom bom every day after that, they was going to every show, Lil Kim Junior Mafia asking nigga. They actually after that, they came on there bad boy sets without no shiny suits on.
Speaker 2: But the noughty boxers that we gave.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying, no shirts and ties, and we.
Speaker 2: Like Nigga Nigga is hip hop.
Speaker 1: Niggas battle, but niggas ain't going motherfucking dive for this ship.
Speaker 2: Nigga Nigga, Let's go, And it was it was a rat. That was it.
Speaker 1: I'm bouncing on around a little bit because I want to save the park stories for later. One of the other things is.
Speaker 3: When you name the jersey and seas Queen Latifa, rod Digger, rod Digger, but Queen Lativa particularly. One of the things that they said on the on the internet was why does Latifa get help props as an MC? It almost felt like Lativa got in a in a mass scale Latifa got howt props more as an actor that's supposed to I mean Twitter.
Speaker 1: If you asked any mcs, or you asked any body in publication, or if you see the top five ten, which I always think is disrespectful and hip hop, I'm like, you can't just give us.
Speaker 2: We need fifty to one hundred decades.
Speaker 1: But how many times you hear them mentioned females, yo, yo, rage balls like balls you feel. I'm saying like how many times? So that be the thing right there. When you name your top five, you gotta start saying what's your top female blah blah blah, or they'll get left out because you know it was always a male dominated pheel. But the women ain't get their their problems like that through that through the politics, alright, that's it. Through us just being on our dicks. All our top niggas are Liverpool, motherfucker EMC Light nigga, nigga. I was scared of EMPC Light when I was coming up right, I'm like, nigga, she might diss me. She gotta come right fucking get. I don't want no smoke niggas. She is dope as she wanted the rough neck too. Yeah, like come on, she's what she was actual faction and going back to Greenland tef for like, without a doubt, she's one of the illness man, one of the illests.
Speaker 4: And she transcended hip hop and took hip hop with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, a spit her. I was always a spitter. She was doing time I met live before Flavory on anything at competing talent shows. Wow, and she up there with a beat by rocking and niggas like damn, we gotta go after her. Yeah, like facts, the ladies is out there. We just gotta recognize them. Let it be known. Make some noise, ladies, now, trunt you out here threatening Will Smith.
Speaker 2: No, no, you see all the l o ls behind it.
Speaker 1: It was a perfect time for me to get that ship off. You said, is just no. No, you know my ex bitch, I mean my ex wife, you know, Pepper Pepper like she always she's she has her books in the movies and all that, and and always put the ship on my name and ain't them. So I'm knowing when they sat down, Will has his podcast, they sat down with that, and then I'm knowing Will didn't just say just out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Well saying guys, I gotta stop Sandy.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when you and Trench had a break and we were dating and you didn't know this? No, so Will done creeped up on you. No, I mean, listen, Will, We're gonna jump you with.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: When I listen, I never knew Will Smith and when my lady and us had a break or whatever the fuck else, nigga. Somebody smashing nigga, ain't raper nigga, that ain't mine and what the fuck ever. But for him to mention that ship on there and the post came out, Trench Will says he was scared for his life.
Speaker 2: That trust my coming. So that was there.
Speaker 1: So I posted, I screened shot and posted and I said, key my excellen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Two facts. I was doing this play New Jack City Live. We was in Philly. Shout out to my nigga, Charlie Matt. You know so Will Smith totally totally canceled at that time.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait home were society?
Speaker 1: You mean it's after when the smack this past winner. Okay, So he has his new film Emancipation. So Charlie Matt calls us up to cast flex all us Alan paint Boom. We go to his premiere this hip hop and New York. No, this was in phillip while we was doing our phillyka nigga. I love Will You know hey, No, I ain't no beef with Will over that and I l o led everything on my ship. But you know, motherfucker Trench is gonna kill me. I'm not man, nigga. Fuck drink Sam since you put that post. I mean, will I think he know he better not never try to smack me, please, So we're good, like he would know that much.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, but yeah.
Speaker 1: But but but all honesty.
Speaker 3: You know, Jada, you know, will you know Chris Rock? When you first saw that, did you think that was stage?
Speaker 2: Definitely? Okay, I did too.
Speaker 1: Actually she thought it was staged from Actually I nodded off and got up, and my wife like, you've just seen that, so I thought I was dreaming. I'm like, that was Will smack Chris Rock. I'm like, man, that's part of the show. That's part of the show. That's part of the show. When he sat back, damn, you knew that was it. And then when Dad Dn actor yo keyth my wife's name out your fucking mouth on live.
Speaker 2: TV and said, you this is not a skid.
Speaker 1: You hear you know that, I was just feeling it because I'm like, yo, the homie just fucked up just for hisself by his standing and for that really to go on, and I was like fucking ego tripping, like, damn, nigga, ain't never gonna get invited to the just gonna look at my record, Nigga will smacking, I gotta check my hands and yeah singer like damn, he sucked it up for all us. But you know, I'm just all I hope all be forgotten and anything else. And Chris Rock just get his sneak back, you know, well he did it special that Yeah. Yeah he picked us up too. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah he up yeah yeah, hold on litt listen.
Speaker 2: Picking up drinks.
Speaker 3: Like so, one thing I loved about going through your psisciography right is, like like I said earlier on your intro, like you really make anthems, you really make global music. You really make music that like I said, it's like it's timeless, like you know what I mean. I see I think you rock for a whole crowd and full of white people.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: I think I was the blackest dude there. I felt like acon you know what I'm saying. I was like, yeah, yeah, massive, I've seen you and and and they knew every word.
Speaker 3: Like I said, now you coming from the hood, are you making these records saying you know what, let me make this for everybody to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: This is okay. It's it's like opp was just a song that was like it was gonna be a party song. And when we came out before we were that, we were a group called New Style. We knew we did all the talent show circuits, so we were sick of saying say oh scream, were like and basically the majority of the records in the late eighties, when the hook come on, it's just scratching. It's no right, no calling response. So when the parties, we used to say shit and say this back, like Dougie Fresh and Carris One like blah blah blah, like get the crowd involved. So all my writing went into like making sure the crowd could respond back, or you had a crowd doing it because they're hearing it on the record when you go to that show, So.
Speaker 2: What what what? What what.
Speaker 1: That extra motherfucker? Everybody was Yeah, So you know, we was like, we going, we gotta make it so it's a it's a catchy hook on everything we we do, even if it's like a hardcore record. But even even even with that being said, even with not just the hook, I mean even the sounds sound the global production, yeah production, it sounded like y'all knew that, like like like it's almost like I swould have got it. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I want to say this very carefully because that's almost like what I got from Pac, right, Like Pac would make these street records, but then he would make a record that was just so globally everybody had to go and I feel like that's what what you guys did.
Speaker 1: What you're saying as well is is facts. With the production, it has to be a big and different. One thing about I ever, everybody had the sound different. So that's why the Gang of Us we still tour together and about we all had to sound different, and we have. But with K's production and stuff on it, those were g Yeah, those were different type of so even the writing, A lot of times I had stuff written, but I love to write off of beat and when I got them, it's just I always say, like, motherfucking the beat, broe, that shit came there. But I'm always thinking of a hook, and usually back then I will put the hook first. I get a hook and write to it because I hear the track and just be like, oh, heyl put a hook first in write.
Speaker 3: So because that's that's one of the craziest things about your style is to me, it reminded me of almost a drunken monkey.
Speaker 1: Remember the old karate flicks, how the drunken Monkey. You sit there and you think, like I was a monkey that was drunking and fucking. That's perfect.
Speaker 3: You you know, if you listen to it like your style, it's like you're going like this, and then a person think.
Speaker 1: That they know what you're about to say. Then you switch it up. It's like like like that's why I said, you're one on one like flipping and I'm never on beat. No no, no, you're on beat. No no, I mean I'm not. He's picking a different beat to the beat. Oh, I'm like ryding on the saddle back. You're about to fill the chronicles YONNL splitting, dismissing the morning, the mission of just hitting now it was written and getting hitting with miss which listen listening like something water by fishing, you know, so it's like.
Speaker 2: It's off, it's off.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's like junking monk. Yeah, always like a low like and again I look that you said that earlier.
Speaker 2: That era, no one sounded like no one else.
Speaker 1: You couldn't. You would get straight up no deal, you couldn't perform. They'd be like that's a bitter nigga's whack, but you couldn't look dressed sund nothing. Everything had to be original. So I p's and q's we had to compete, and we was from Jersey. If you wasn't from New York, it was like fucking the extra pression. Yeah, so we had to really put the material there and then let them know, like, yo, we we mean it's sufficient.
Speaker 4: And what's crazy is making those type of global records that became hits.
Speaker 1: But he was still spitting crazy. Yes, it was like you softened up the ricks to suit this always apartment you off. I always thought Biggie took kind of took that from yob like because y'all would say the foul ship, the most beautiful beat and the most beautiful Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: This record is really about you know, other people, Like.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize, all right, the intro. I didn't realize the intro was so foul like like yeah, like because I always heard the record, but I didn't realize so very flagrantly disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Yes, so how did y'all get away with that?
Speaker 1: I mean, the funny shit is it was just the decoding. But if you listen to the record, like obp. You knew, like, hold up this nigga's talking and you're spelling out the letters always for this piece, for that bye bye bye oh, that's other people's pussy, and the other thing you're spelling it out is that's the other thing. Yo. It got to the point them motherfuckers. I didn't curse on none of the ships. I was saying, explaining nothing right, Yo. They was blurn out and it rhymes with cleanings and meanness clean mean, So you couldn't get penis the last speak you feel me? So they was blurring out curse words to play it. So we got away with it cause niggas they just heard the hook boom and love the flow. And it took like years. Were already fucking triple platinum. Nigga, Did you think that opp was gonna go with it being what it was, what you were talking about, did you think it was gonna go as far?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You you always want to make a hit, and then when you put out some back then you had A and r's and everything, the labels, they'll sit down and everybody comes like, okay, we are all these songs right on the paper, which one is your favorite?
Speaker 2: Because we're gonna pick a single.
Speaker 1: So everybody had like that in mind, Like opp was that ship Shandy, that boom, that new era. It's turning into the nineties, not that eighties sound in the nineties switched, so it's perfect to ride off of that. So, like you, we felt good about it, but we ain't know what was gonna be in orbit, you know, worldwide, all the whole planet, like nah. And on the Independent Tommy I.
Speaker 4: Was going.
Speaker 1: I was going there. I was going there that very next question, that's write my interview.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 1: Yea, let's talk about that because Queen Latifa was on Tommy BOYD people coolio digital under digital, undergrounds of pain, yep.
Speaker 3: So I came into Tommy boy like later. But you guys was already How was that experience because y'all had to highlight y'all had the y'all had the epidemic of you know, the we blew them up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wise like yes, So how was that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was crazy. It was a love hate relationship.
Speaker 1: With Tom Silman. Just the business of it. Okay, we niggas right off the streets. So it takes a while for you to separate the streets from the business. Because on the streets and handshake deal.
Speaker 2: And it's on it.
Speaker 1: Then Ny could sign you signed some ship and it'd be some other ship. But it was never nothing like that with us with Tommy because Latifa made sure we was handled, got the We ain't get that feat or nothing. But when it came, it was like one time we seen because we had our noughty gear. So he was like, Yo, we want to put it on the sleeve with an album like the albums and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to.
Speaker 1: I don't think we could do that. Wow.
Speaker 2: Then it's Tommy boy gear on our sleeve and with the copy just with it wasn't on it.
Speaker 1: I said, these motherfucker show. I got to prove a point. So I went said these niggas some snakes and rats. I went to the store and bought some snakes and rats, what baby once pregnant, little mice and all the rest of that ship. And I called up my homies and we roll over to the office. So walk up there, I'm like, where time. All the homies already know what they gotta do. The little homies they pulling out all you know, it's no cell phones. They pulling out all the phone wires. But like, hey, knowing where's time. Chelsea's not here, where's Monica? She's in the office. There's lunchtime too. Came into lunchtime, these little hungry little baskets, these varmits. I ain't feed them yet. I just started dropping them all through the office. Boom, the motherfuckers. God's like, Monica, yeah, trust me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, y'all.
Speaker 1: You see this ship, the cover y'all got y'all shipping, not our ship.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 1: I said, y'all, some.
Speaker 2: Snakes and rats. Remember that. I'm just opening to let all the rest of them out in there, she said, tray over EU.
Speaker 1: I just remember, tell Tom, y'all some snakes and motherfucking rats walked out me and the homies.
Speaker 2: Let you just hear screaming. She's like, what's that out there? Why are you screaming?
Speaker 1: I'll just closing little behind and she walking behind her desk. I hear her screaming, all the snakes and rats all over. They locked me up, but they got They had our motherfucking gear and the next ship. I'll tell you that much. God dammit, No, no, they tried to. I got locked up for tv T records when I.
Speaker 3: Thought I was ill by going to the Tommy Boy and breaking blacks, broke snakes.
Speaker 1: They had to move because it got totally infested.
Speaker 2: The move buildings.
Speaker 1: They had to move buildings, they had to move out the building.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I did one time when they didn't want to let me go. I had got the account number for the food and I ordered one hundred pieces every day, just every day.
Speaker 1: I was just like, yeah, just up, Yeah, yeah, No mileage hit them in the pockets in their own fucking I didn't. We would show up like y'all want. But you know what's crazy, turch I would love to ask you this question because all of us as mcs like me just listening to your music, I know how I can feel the love that you have for this. Did you ever be disappointed when you realize the business of this game is just fucking business. No, that's when a few charges later and stuff like I started up. They get this ain't the streets and it took me back. Were like flavor on it when we first we signed up on it before Tommy Boy management.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with you to management Bip, Yes, and we have one of the biggest drug blocks in these starts.
Speaker 1: Wow, did we make some noise for that? I feel like we should. Sorry, but we had to come to the table and I'm like, listen, my niggas, we either gotta do this hustle shit or this hip hop. We can't do both, and we can't. The main thing was on the mind. We can't taint my teeth for name right, she putting us on. We didn't even have a label deal yet. Yo. We gotta stop it and started and we gave up the block found and did it that way. So the same synopsis, it goes like, when you're in the business, you gotta know, leave that street shit alone and handle your business because if you do that shit and bring it together, oh, it's gonna come back in a bad way.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, shit, Luckily we avoided all that. Yeah, business over bullshit. Look at us, We made right decisions. Fucked up environment, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: You know our show was about giving people they flowers, you know what I'm saying. So you know, I saw you the other day and I particularly I asked you, I I want you to.
Speaker 2: Come on the show.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I know you've been on the show before the show has been blowing up so much and what we want to do is give you your flowers face to face man and man to tell you how great you are because you are one of the grace. You are one of the icons.
Speaker 2: Thank you coming with.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, Nigga made my mom. Man. By the way, is this something I also noticed the other night. I don't think nobody could do it versus with you solo or with the group. I just was looking at you. I was just like, I don't think there's people out.
Speaker 2: There that can fuck with y'all.
Speaker 1: No, I'm you had your choice to do a versus against a group, who would it be? Oh? Man, I never even thought about because I always wanted whoever liked to come up with it.
Speaker 2: But and then the groups that I was thinking about, they already did.
Speaker 1: Versus cool like Bone and you know that's a good one, even like Dipset like or like because it's a three man you know, but just songs and hits back to back. And you know, it was just different groups. You know what I was thinking about off top and from Jersey to a little bit poochiez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, while you're always trying to get Jersey against.
Speaker 1: Gonna think like that, but three man group, And I thought like three three groups, we go after other monther y'all against other motherfuckers. Let's think let's.
Speaker 2: Another group though, all three man groups.
Speaker 1: Cypress Hill, Cypress Hill, uh ONX used.
Speaker 2: To be a three man group before.
Speaker 1: When I said I next went because Sticky and fredile my niggas, he was even talking like, what if it go they already.
Speaker 2: You know, Brad Newbubian, that'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: Run damn you better not say no motherfucking rundy nigg fuck out of here, nigga. I ain't doing no fucking verses, no niggasiggas different mag You can see them aout the hip hop fifty there. I seen them for thirty fucking years before I came out sneaking the contest. I ain't doing no versus and no fucking run. Day and see the monsters in my hunks. Did you see Rad Kirsher and all that nigga? He comes out and says, yeah, well, let me tell all y'all, Son Red Run is not in the motherfucking house today, Junya. Yeah, that's like stage Press and all that I watched. I grew up off of hip hop. When I first started rhyming my rapid ship, I was sound like a little l L and the little cog rap then slick Rick like listen on like opp hm opp how can I speain?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I tell you real swagger red and bird play and boom my idols, all of them is in me. Kris One, Chuck d Rock Him, Dick Daddy Kane like I'm like all of these fools like like they was grand Master Cash, Melly Mel all night right, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And Harvard we just did Harvard.
Speaker 1: Elly Mel Scorpio iced Tea Graham, Wizard, Theodore Africa Islam. Yeah. We did a panel and performed up there in Harvard. That bar that's a baz Let's mesicated Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Holy moly, guam, when did you know that you it was a sex symbol, a sex symbol ship because you knocked down everything, you know. You what they called they call nowadays they called it a sniper.
Speaker 3: Sniper, Yeah, sniper, y'all was knocking she was knocking ship down trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but let me tell you son enough. Let me.
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 1: Once again. I gotta give props to the ladies, y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In the nineties, laser roll up, y'all, y'all, y'all, y'all, I got boom bump tonight, whoa, whoa, I'll be like, shit, you so more records than me, but like they push up and everybody hung out, you see, like it it was all hip hop.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a beast and nothing.
Speaker 1: Everybody used to be hanging out and not even calling each other, just there and it's just but you know, yeah, I was hot probably soon as that record hit video juke Box, but the one you order, Yeah, okay, we changed the whole program on how they did it before every time You're ninety nine cents. You can see the video opp was on twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: A day, the film just saying okay people, was it just.
Speaker 1: It basically burnt out the fucking whole line where it wasn't nothing but our ship playing because everybody was requesting it. But that was your official first hit. It was oppy, Come on, I thought it was no forget it broke records on MTV, right, yeah, because then we did the song you know with MTV that was genius All of a sudden ed Love and GTV raps ed Love. Yeah, big geez, wow, holy moly, glacka moly. What's what's your favorite part of the business is it is it? Is it making the music or performing the music? I mean both, but the performance probably has got to be a different highlight because you actually see the people like you.
Speaker 2: You know that stage, that energy.
Speaker 1: You feel high as you're like ooh, float you be and they be singing. Yeah, that's a whole different like caliber. So it's both because when you writing it, you now, we know we got some hot ship. We'll scratch out the booty ship like now, but we know we're here, we'll know we know what we're doing now. Man, just seeing the people, just their reactions to you and the majority of them now if they ain't our age, they ain't.
Speaker 2: Never seen us before. In Harvard, the kids was like and knew the songs.
Speaker 1: I was like in my head, great parenting, father playing this ship, great parenting. That The one thing I noticed about watching you performed the other night. And for those who that don't know, it was.
Speaker 3: Young MC who performed tone Loak, rob Based and Motherfuckering Tresh.
Speaker 1: He made me perform like yeah, yeah, he brought him out on his beat.
Speaker 3: He's But one thing I noticed was every single boy, like every single person had a stage presence, like they had a part of the show where they was talking to the crowd, the crowd talked back the crowd for the part of the show. Show And what I'm trying to tell you people is like, it's appost one kid right now has a hit record, and this record is sixty million in the audience, and it's like so many people may have heard this record more than these these old school guys, these also guy but to still tell that kid up on stage because sitting there and I'm sitting there and I'm like, I like, for lack of a better term, I just want to like not be a rapper. I wanted to like look it as if I was one of them. And as I'm sitting there, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, if if I didn't know hip hop, I was into this because they was like hey, everyone over there, we raving your hands and people just waving their hands and like getting into it, like yo, people don't know right, And I was just like, damn, that ship is lost in hip hop. Like if I go to see a little dude perfore, but I expect to see him take a purposet. I don't expect to see him go hey, who, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't spect you know what on stage, on stage.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's the lean too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the thing is we we come from average too, where.
Speaker 1: We respect each other as artists hip hop artists, so we know when we step on there, we it's competitive.
Speaker 2: We got to be the best motherfuckers out there now.
Speaker 1: Everybody think they're the best and fucked then, so I could do what I want right before we like yo, we want to be them.
Speaker 2: Motherfuckers do that.
Speaker 1: Saw that ship and we watched everybody shows from before we even came out. Nigga, we was going to New York. I got fucked up a couple of times, and ship Niggas Brooklyn was snatching my motherfucking I ain't even have motherfucking gold on.
Speaker 2: Nigga had the leather fucking African past.
Speaker 1: Y'all watch this, let me go.
Speaker 2: But I stayed lumped up.
Speaker 1: But I seen the motherfucking show and study shows, and like, yo, look at the crowd, look at what they doing, how they singing, and everybody looked different, sound different, So you you getting your own different swagon. And I just blended all my favorites that I knew, all the albums and put it in morphed than the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Remember that's the era of pre social media going viral, and that era was hitting as many stages as you could.
Speaker 1: So you do that, you gain experience and street ship. When we got our first boxes of clothes, made up and everything else, they by shut them up, got them y'all.
Speaker 2: I took my motherfucking shit.
Speaker 1: I went to New York to city and shit, I just start handing out all this opp shirts to the homeless.
Speaker 2: Then go to Jersey, go to Brooklyn, go to all the homey It.
Speaker 1: Was like, fuck, is this opp shit everywhere? Like the Naughty by Nature?
Speaker 2: What the fuck they selling drug? They thought we like a drug crew by Nature? Opie, what's that dope?
Speaker 1: Nah? Nigga shit? That was that hip hop though. Yeah, but yeah, just promotion. It was no social media, no nothing. We had to hit the streets. And Tommy Boy was a great label with a great street team. But and they open doors showed them independent labels and big labels. You gotta have a street team. But yeah, now you've been in mad movies. Yeah yeah, yeah, HollyHood Jesus Latifa said you ain't just gonna be rapping lane, So that was Lati that points you in that direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely definitely off top.
Speaker 1: So let's let's let's take it from from Juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did you get that?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 2: Was this your first role?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah yeah Latifa, Like I said, she set the whole ship up from like you're gonna start acting.
Speaker 2: So got this this movie Juice? Go read for you?
Speaker 1: Was riding as homie? Yeah, no, I was reading for Bishop. You was supposed to be Bishop. No, I wasn't supposed to be. I read nigga who got it? But yeah, I read for that motherfucker. I'm like and uh still, yeah, I'm reading this ship. I can't. It's like, thank you for coming before the closed the door.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, I ain't get that ship. So we chilling.
Speaker 1: Pock is out here and then he like, yo, I got reading for this. I didn't get it yet. No, he got to read and for this ship. I'm like, cool, I'm going I'm gonna go with you because I just read for it. He go up in that motherfucker giver sid motherfucker. I ship going all over.
Speaker 2: I'm running towards the door.
Speaker 1: I'm like this nigga got in to a fighting.
Speaker 2: He come out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, what's up? He was like I just read for it.
Speaker 2: I said, nigga, you got you mother. So Park did the heart he had.
Speaker 1: He was like, you know, my nigga, I could get you in this movie. You come with me every day, extras and stuff you you can have. I'm like, all right, fuck it, but I can't be going back and forth from Jersey and no stay with me. So me he had he had one bedroom hotel suite. It was me ed lover Mopreme Doe stretched from Live Squad Queens. Yeah, we was in the wrong bop d Yeah. We all slept in the couch in the chick is and las. Yeah, we wasn't sleeping with each other like that like you. Yeah, so waking up going to juice yo. No, then every day I went on there. So they just so happened. Park talk to Ernest Dickison. He was like, yeah, all right, put them over there with ride them a nigga, Park like they all Puerto Rican. How you gonna be with them? I said, nigga for this movie. Tell them niggas. I'm Washington Heights nigga.
Speaker 2: The Spanish Games.
Speaker 1: I ain't no lives anyway, I have to say, I ain't. They ain't get me ship. I just was an enforcer. Know, you didn't say not a word. Yeah, my million girls with my minion greens. They said, acting is too learn how to say your lines without saying them. So when you do saying, you're facing is like you like Sammy Jackson, these motherfuckers. Joe, that nigga, he was in juice. You know what I'm saying, Jackson, Oligia, you done slid down the razor blade and landing in the alcohol river.
Speaker 2: He said, I ain't no killer. You know me since I was a kid, I know a lot of killers since the kids. Goddamn. Yeah, y'all. So he was in there, so I got me in there.
Speaker 1: But Pop made sure I was in the movie because I read for that ship and I definitely wasn't kidding. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, facts, Now this is one of the movies that fucked me up that you was in. The media man, Yeah, Robert Townsend, media man, that was good.
Speaker 6: Nah.
Speaker 1: We was Crips and the other bloods from the gang that was with us.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, they was. It was Cypus Hill. We was against Cyprus Hill in there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the name is blood in there. You're wrong, now, I I but yeah, Robert Townsend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesus, A lot.
Speaker 1: Of people didn't a lot of people don't know how talented Robert Townsend was.
Speaker 2: The first Tyler Perry.
Speaker 1: Yes he was. He wasn't Robert Howson.
Speaker 2: It probably wouldn't be a Tyler Perry. He was our Spike Lee before that Lee.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got all of our great directors and everything. He was bringing ship.
Speaker 1: He was before and Living Color doing his Off the Wall committee. So he opened that door for on Living Color because they was like, what yo, this' motherfucker ignorant.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, yeah, Now he was also in Jason's lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, keep Jaden name out your mother. That was my little sister, Jada Pinker, Alan Payne, Bolking woodbind, Eddie Griffin, Leased in the Cold, Carson Crazy, Forrest Whittaker, Suzanne Douglas, Resting p Piece.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So it was a deep, deep cast of fun. That ship I had to move to.
Speaker 1: I moved to Houston, Uh, rest in piece of the little Varmint fucking Bushwick Bill. So I moved down there and I said, I gotta go. I'm staying in the wards. Shout out the Prince, Prince Jay. You know.
Speaker 2: They had me covered down there Willie d Brad.
Speaker 3: So if you look like on the when he says Brad, he talking about scarce scarface, everybody's not.
Speaker 2: Bradster scar face over here. Man, All right, well that's okay, but.
Speaker 3: This is if And this time I know I never really did a real movie. You see how he just named all the people that's in the movie method man did that everybody. I've never done that before. No, because you just don't give a funk. You're not naming nobody else. You know your I was in this movie. It was name and you know I did my thing. My role was anything he ain't giving got. I got state raperty too.
Speaker 1: That's it. Like, hey, man, me and be shot and you had the money. I would love to have them, and then they cut my head off. I wasn't one. I forgot the name of them all. I got all your movies. It was it was a yeah, the nigga always get killed and the motherfucker harflick. You know that right? You were?
Speaker 2: You were one blood too? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you be loving that blood word. You never do blood.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you he's just red Fox.
Speaker 1: Wait hold on you in a movie called Yeah, that's the way I got killed. That That is mother fucking goddamn. What's the motherfucking god damn for Copra, That motherfucker killed me, you know, like the first two minutes, that's a wait, did the Cheba kill you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Copall crazy? Do you believe in gott Man? You don't believe in sa squats? Don't believe in believe I actually believe in sasquat, So hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: That's like a little racist to your own generation. Yeah, you just you believe in sad squash, but not shasquash. That's the Puerto Rican sasquash. They seem over.
Speaker 1: Sasquash. Man, that is the that's a bad squad. But listen at first, only Latino segob That's why I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Only like the white folks gonna see so squad, how mean niggas is in the mountains and.
Speaker 1: Seas, gonna see that ship thinking this ship all right? Do you believe in niggars? No, no, no, it's couguars. There's jaguars and there's niggars. Nigger we see niggars to mother fuckers, don't see it like us, like as I've never seen no niggas, yo, I seen something on online the other day, this black guy in China and he goes on the beach and everyone is taking selfies of him because they've never seen the black guy on a Chinese beach.
Speaker 2: It really exists, drained in Vietnam. When we went to Vietnam, everybody.
Speaker 1: Wanted to take pictures of Drink though he was Scotti Pippen. He was a basketball player.
Speaker 2: He got a lot of out there. I know he got some babies over there. Mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they thought he was Scotti.
Speaker 3: But before we get off to Jason lyric thing, and I know you played with it earlier, but no one is a judge Jada and Wills you know thing right?
Speaker 1: I mean if anybody found out by now, they know what they're doing, yeah, and covering each other through any a thing. So who business is it but this?
Speaker 2: Or But it's unless he bring my name up, right, But it's like this is that was? But it'd be looking like But.
Speaker 3: If I believe in spirits, right, which sometimes I do, I'm not definitely believe.
Speaker 2: In spirits and alcohol right, but yeah for sure, but I drink.
Speaker 1: But is Poc stalking Jada and his death or is Jada stalking pac in his death. I think Jada is stalking Park and Park is coming back stalking to funk with them all.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you believe in God or anything else or any guy like you believe, it's spirits, So you supposed to believe. Yes, I believe they're in an entanglement, right.
Speaker 1: And Jada? Yes, yes, entagment, Yes, yes, definitely, it's got deep, yes, just got deep. Yeah, this is how we talk on the blocks. My family for sn L something that lend in south Side. That's right, that's right. That you got Queen's translations.
Speaker 2: You already know this family.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest. This is probably the worst blunt ever rolled. But i'ma be honest. Nor Bad wrote, Yeah, you're not a roll.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: I was home alone and I went through my clothes. And when I went through my clothes, I found Paris hash. And I don't know if you know Paris other than what is it Morocco. Morocco has the best hash. So I put half of this ship in this blunt right here.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So now you're trying to explain your actions. I don't know what how do you say?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's gonna translate. I don't know if there's a translation right here. You gonna smell it.
Speaker 2: Let me, it's about five minutes left in his interview. I'm gonna take so I would.
Speaker 1: Trying to bound some old ass has old ass ship is seat. That's like why I was mad at Redman because he he had found the old battle Branson and he wouldn't smoke it. I wanted to smoke it with him. No, he wanted to smoke it by himself. That creep of ship, that's my That motherfucker is dirty nigga. He wanted to smoke that ship farf.
Speaker 2: I used to hate that nigga when we was younger.
Speaker 1: Tell yeah, nigga, this right here, this is these stars, this North.
Speaker 2: He lived right there. I live right here.
Speaker 1: Just because he was from North, I was the stars because at that time North niggas was like Brooklyn. They come everywhere robing niggas. So nigga hated North niggas. But he was just like right there, and we was little, but we ain't like each other.
Speaker 2: Wow, So when did you finally connect with him?
Speaker 1: Then? No? Actually it probably was at the park because we used to Uh, the older heads never let us shoot basketball. And ship.
Speaker 2: So we used to just run and take the ball and go all the way across. So you said you didn't like them as kids for real legit kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's a little niggas before records of anything.
Speaker 2: But through hip hop Stop saved the world on like shit I started. I was like, I like that nigga motherfucker mother the same ship about me. I know, I was rocking. Yeah, hip hop translation.
Speaker 1: Reggie Noble, Okay, first time felling, let's talk about that. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Del Roy Lindo was in there, Charles Dunton was in there, Omar Apps. Uh. It was basically a story of us being locked up in a boot camp type environment first time felling if you fuck up and were from Chicago, so he was a.
Speaker 2: VL vice lord. I was the GD.
Speaker 1: So we met up and was rivals in the pen and if anybody fucked up before that time you had, you was gonna go straight to the pen instead of being released.
Speaker 2: So we filmed that. Also.
Speaker 1: Clifton Powell was in there. My ex wife, I got her role in there. Cool, yeah she was. She was Clifton Powell's girl. Yeah yeah, you know, HollyHood, I ain't gonna lie. At one point saw Pepper was like Beyonce and Kelly Rowling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: Everybody was like the bag. Everybody was like what that was one?
Speaker 1: Like on the wall? Yeah, I think I saw Pepper on my I wasn't in DJ, but the finals I used to cut him out in front of the back and tack him on my wall all all the albums.
Speaker 3: Now, I was a little nigga and then you backed up. I immediately didn't like Pepper no more. I was like, trench got her.
Speaker 1: You know what redeeped it? Redeeped it was Kenny Anderson from Leaft rock City Brother. I was like, then I forgot who saw it?
Speaker 2: Got with Gavin.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay okay. But like I said, and saw Pepper album. I haven't seen them in a long time, but you know they are. They are the queens of hip hop. They are. I've seen them the other day doing I don't know if this is will Smith thing and someone asks like, why did you relate?
Speaker 3: Why did the girls relate to you so much? As she said, because we really was around the way girls me.
Speaker 2: I only saw them on TV. To me, they were not around the way girls.
Speaker 1: To me, they were like Mecca, Well to me, I mean the princesses, the queen, Why I'm not going to see you as shirt kings. It's not You're in a whole different year. I'm not going to see you with them all.
Speaker 2: Like y'all is different.
Speaker 1: Ie.
Speaker 2: They don't be the corner I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: They don't look like you exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So how did that happen?
Speaker 1: How did No?
Speaker 2: It was just hip hop like certain I think it was like, uh spring break said.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. No, it was like MTV raps down in Miami. Everybody used to come down anything else. So I like met the first time, like down there and just was kicking in anything else. You know. I pushed put my thing on feeling I'm trying to lean on the record, Celles, I got out the mother did you have to braids? Okay, that's before my headline was allergic to my you coming at me? Yeah, Oh it's funny. Uh.
Speaker 2: Scorpio said that the at the PANDU in Harvard.
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, yeah, you know, trust you're one of the original Brady Bunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh ship big, I love it. Ye, Holy ship Man.
Speaker 1: Because like and at that time, for lack of a better term, like y'all were like the J and beyond like hip hop, like like J and beyon mixed with a little bit of Bobby and Whitney.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't Bobby.
Speaker 1: Whitley for me songs my nigga, So nigga, that's that's brother.
Speaker 2: But no, no, no, Jay and Beyonce was up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm not serious. I'm not I'm not even assassinating.
Speaker 1: No, we can't believe it was. I believe that was the first the first power. Let me tell you something and I'm all fucking mentioned me in Morristown where we got married.
Speaker 2: Reverend Run married dust nigga.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, excuse me like home like official tissue that.
Speaker 3: Part niggas getting doctor Umarter married him right, the real doctor.
Speaker 1: It is real doctor. Where you at?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The cameras catching on.
Speaker 1: He did you invest money with Flipper n J? And did you envy? Huh?
Speaker 7: Did you invest money with clip where you all this? If you got how do you pay him? We can't let it be know this is me in court all the time. The fifth you know you can't Now did you see him most yesterday, He's like, do you.
Speaker 1: Want my first interview to be with drinks? Chance?
Speaker 3: Did you hear about like, well, MB is supposed to be out of it, but he has his partner from New Jersey.
Speaker 1: You know how y'all get that down together? Yeah, that's what you want to say. You're sticking with You're sticking with him.
Speaker 2: Man, did you hear about this case?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, no good beast case with it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I definitely heard about it. Yeah, because like most of the people like invested, so I was just asking what you want to them or no? Hell no, nigga. On certain things, I faxed them their money, right, did you ever receive? But I faxed him their money this ship.
Speaker 2: They can't cast that fact.
Speaker 1: I'm faxed some money, nigga. Man, tell me if it worked and paid me Forget a couple more movies, Oh, because this one is interesting because I was supposed to be in this movie actually bodyguats Bond.
Speaker 2: Yeah word yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And the guy that was actually acting was the director, the funder, the producer member of the White Guy that he moved to the Bronx with the stories.
Speaker 1: About everybody had like one scene in that movie. Really they don't give me my one scene. You ain't sure. I don't know. I don't think they called He was almost in the movie, was almost in the movie, and they took my role. Say you seen mis Dominican and Juice killed it.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've been going for that ship after Juice.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, man, I could play some Spanish niggas.
Speaker 2: I'll take all these niggas roles.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I'm gonna mist for all of ye know. But at that time, when you when you're out like you ain't even got audition for ship, they just call you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, fuck it here, it's a low budget. We ain't got what you got.
Speaker 1: All right, day, I'll be out there all right, come on, let's do it. So that's when you know I had a couple of those. Okay, I'm gonna skip around a little because you've got a load a lot of movies. Yeah, now you're also an Empire. Yeah yeah, Fat Joe, Fat Joe and that John Joe got killed very fast.
Speaker 2: No, he did, didn't even be talking.
Speaker 1: Said kill you ask quicker than I did in the Empire movie.
Speaker 2: That's he was killing niggas quick. Then said didn't make sense. Joe Joe Empire. That game, Like you.
Speaker 1: Said, quicker than him killing people.
Speaker 2: He meant he died fast. No he ain't.
Speaker 1: He was what do you expect? Yeah, they was running the ship. In the Bronx there was like four families and Joey was one of them. He ain't died no earth, Okay, my bad. Joe crack I went to dining with him last night. Another one, see I told you, Yeah, Yeah, my name was Cheddar. In there, Cheddar I had the biggest system in the projects, speakers bigger than I had, more more speakers than funditure I had in that motherfucker eyes in the d.
Speaker 2: The Lost Book of Rap. Mm hmm, let's talk about that. I mean that ship.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember. It sounded like a document or something like you telling me was the next question, like, what the fuck is that? Yeah? Yeah, I'm going to keep it funky. I'm not gonna find like yeah, yeah that was my best Yeah, okay, that definitely wasn't the porn man, No, that's a movie too. Think.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, I was getting money all over in the nineties.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about it, man, that's makes the choice back.
Speaker 2: I said, I was making money off of porns.
Speaker 3: For Porne okay, holy Ship and because Jersey they used to have the big porn factories, yeah, they said John John documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like no, no, where they made the poor the actual Paul.
Speaker 2: You know they have porn factories in the neck where they make the porn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John told you. He was saying, like porn like we just had a gang a whole was getting fucked in every fucking other condo and and then death. Not like that.
Speaker 2: He did know in factory. Nigga, I'm like, nigga. He's still like nigga. I'm like I was about like, I'm like, I'm a factor.
Speaker 1: He's like, what is.
Speaker 2: Where they made?
Speaker 1: Correct me? I keep going, you gotta correct me, Ship, I just made this nigga.
Speaker 2: Like every day talking with me. That's right, don't mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm bouncing around and didn't go back to the music. This is one More Baseball Wives two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: You a call TV movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah they did that. That was like a I forgot a lot of people that was in there. But it was like you're doing a confession, like if you was at like a couple's therapy like this girl now rating through the movie and all that.
Speaker 2: That was like, I like that because I wasn't playing a gangster, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It makes I could switch up and you other ship like all the War three shout out to Wesley. Yeah he yeah, he had hit the franchise, so he did one and two and then they put him in that federal pen.
Speaker 2: So he let me do part three. So c I a operative?
Speaker 1: Were you supposed to do Blade too? No?
Speaker 2: I wish ship? Yeah, blade trade Wes he wes how me?
Speaker 1: How may you hear that? Yeah? I mean not not yet. Yeah, but I did do New Jack City Live the in theater as Nino Brown.
Speaker 2: See about of that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Caine is big Daddy Kane flex Flexander's Alexander. Uh. Tory Hart Okay, it's like it's it's Alan Payne to originally. Yeah money. Oh I thought I thought Kevin Hart had a brother we know about. No, Tory Hard is his ex wife. Okay, okay, she's a comedian, she said, Kesha rock a bye baby. Oh really Kevin Hart's ex wife. Yeah, she's a comedian. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the actress.
Speaker 1: Oh how does they arguments go in the household? Well, it's ex so they ain't in the household. Two comedians. Yeah, oh it got really Oh we got real. They said some under the cut. She always laughed at comedian to fuck you up. You don't want beef with no comedian got Tim Pat Poof.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, yo, they be arguing about Cirio in the morning, like you pass the bowl cerrialmy ma and Pat poofs like they battle rapping, like yes to make breakfast.
Speaker 2: That's dope in my mind, I'm making this up. Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: That's not funny. Two comedians married andything like that word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think somebody killed one another.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't make a good ass nigga stuffing back at you all day. I feel the type way. Oh, that's probably why they got divorced. How did you and Pepper argue? Nigga? I argue by motherfucking and going out and getting some pussy. Nigga. You can't tell that's your wife is stretching.
Speaker 2: Argument, man, you got hold on. We had a different relationship. We boret bitches in you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna. I was like, I understand this baby very back. I was like, that's a that's a that's a that's a meaning relationship. No, no, it was all we all had to understanding on me and there wow. Yeah yeah, I don't even want to elaborate on that man's facts.
Speaker 2: Our honeymoon in Hawaii, coner, nigga, we bore our bitch out there. Jesus Christmas, you feel, I mean.
Speaker 1: Facts before MAUI is this niggas not.
Speaker 2: Give me a different.
Speaker 1: You know thinking drinking?
Speaker 2: No, no, damn no, that's real, that's real, this.
Speaker 1: Nigga no keeping it down yea? So many stories Yeah no.
Speaker 3: No, not though, bro, Like the other day, I got to witness something like that, like you know where a person has a whole separate.
Speaker 1: Family and that's all the understanding. There's no beef, there's no none of that like that ship is. That's that's amazing, that's amazing. I never had separate families though, No, no, no separate or divorced. Then I had two babies same age and then two year late, two babies saying and they not twins. Let's make your noiser, not twins. I got a couple of non twins. Yeah yeah, you know after that, we lose we was uh spreading our raw old so like they say, and coming to America.
Speaker 2: Right, I buyd you radio Ross?
Speaker 1: Did you ever get your heart broken? Hell? Yeah? Then and I start pimping like right the fuck up nigga, like pimp bitch or don't like pimping, like just bitch, fuck you bitch and bow you got money for me? And nah, you know, bros was cold like back in our days, Like it was never like a such thing as like an older nigga fucking with a high school girl because the drug dealers was lined up outside and ship, so all the good girls that was bad nigga, they had them nigga, and I was trying to rap and Nigga, I can I ain't have a job at the fucking time, bitch, I can't afford you type ship. And then once I seen a girl I want, I ain't never even go to a prom because they wanted the niggas that was active, you know, and had boom nigga. Seeing one of my homies that I ain't funk with no more, she knew and fuck with him. I was like, it's over. I'm down with O p P.
Speaker 2: Nigga.
Speaker 1: Is that how you came up because somebody else took your pussy?
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm asking, no, I'm asking.
Speaker 1: You had pussy taking from everybody, had everybody. That's what turned us into the horse.
Speaker 2: We were.
Speaker 1: Like, you ain't a man unless someone to give you you learn that and give you that turtle shell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they give you that shell.
Speaker 3: Like now you you oh, you ain't getting me like that because you know what it was at first, remember being in the hood, you always had the fast girls, right and the fast girls was like yeah, but then we would be like, we don't want to mess with her.
Speaker 1: She messages with everybody. But then everybody turned. They had like maybe you ain't get a little peace, you know what I meant, little face, and then you get hurt.
Speaker 2: With me after that too.
Speaker 1: I ever had like a girl like you know, I smashed a couple of but that I had any feelings for pet and all my baby mamas they pat from Queens and she's just making my other two bay mamas rest in peacele Chandras. She was Puerto Rican from the Bronx Dominican and my wife now she's like, but it's like all that right there. It was.
Speaker 2: It was just in house.
Speaker 1: She said, Puerto Rican the Bronx. Yeah, me not fucking with nobody in the hood. So bitch, ain't gonna hurt my heart like that again, fucking nigga, I no get back.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me just get it straight.
Speaker 1: Porto Rican from the bron Yeah, the queens, yeah, Dominican from the bron and my wife now she's from Ohio. I up front, I feel like you got stabbed at a lot of times.
Speaker 2: Stabbed that like they was trying.
Speaker 1: To stab you.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like the Porto Rican from the Bronx try to stab you at one point.
Speaker 2: No, they thought I was Dominican nigga.
Speaker 1: I'm not going but real nigga, I ain't playing. But let me change the subject up. But God really going to the bron had the relatives that that love me. But whenever I go somewhere for it was legal. Who got the weed? Right? Niggas? Five different niggas hustling. I'm buying out off the top, making this ship back by nature.
Speaker 2: So I'm in cool and right.
Speaker 3: So try something that I'm bouncing around a little bit. But I remember back in the days when you was an artist, the police didn't pull you over. I mean at one point it was like it was hold on, let me finish me make my point. It was like it was like kind of like respect right, the drug dealers will protect you. You know what I'm saying that people would and queens I'm talking about. Yeah, I was definitely saying.
Speaker 2: Not in Jersey. Well, okay from this Wes Grimy.
Speaker 1: Like I said, we had one of the biggest drug blocks in East arm police ain't fuck with us. Then, Nigga police ain't fuck with us after we got out in our own hood.
Speaker 2: They ain't even fuck with us like today, like me me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Know, you know people in the city all all that problems, shit or whatever.
Speaker 1: I go to. I go to North like to do if I want to do a video sign ros barock shout out, do it all the first politician, politician you know, anybody like you shooting a video. Cops don't sweat you for that. Ship. I'm doing ship to bring you shit around. You gotta permit like homies, Nigga, I ain't hustle. After I gave up, I said, the only way I sell drugs again if I got a motherfucking pharmacy nigga or dispensary like nigga, Like, I ain't doing nothing, and I get back more to the community than anybody y'all doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Y'all lock the niggas up.
Speaker 1: So I home, I got a key to the city, and like Orange, not in Eastern until after a proposal, like you know, so it's like this our hometown. We came from here. They was mad when we did Ghetto Bass. The video as well said we made the city look bad showing the projects the city. Hold on, we made the city look bad for showing them.
Speaker 2: Something that was there, y'all.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker's bilk. Hold the fuck off. Oh, we're showing the world. They like, where the fuck is that with these niggas with braids, dickies and boots and bats and shanks and oozzies.
Speaker 2: And what the fuck? In Jersey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like everybody throw a jersey in New York. It was like, yeah, the grass and all that. They it's a hood everywhere. Ye yeah, yeah. Then we could do a QuickTime no no, no, hold on, damn hold on? What okay, come on, let's go. You ready if any want to explain to him.
Speaker 2: The rust YEP. Alright, so this is our drinking game.
Speaker 1: Only half of the diame you told me.
Speaker 2: Therefore, I took another drink, give me fad.
Speaker 1: Hate.
Speaker 2: You can sip up your drink or take a shot.
Speaker 1: That's up to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fuck? My drink is a shot.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna tell We're gonna give you two choices. If you pick one, no drinking, right, nobody drinks boring. But if you know, if you say both, if you say or neither, we all drinking.
Speaker 1: It's the one where all of us gonna fucking drink. A little trick question asked. I take the one where all of us both together.
Speaker 2: Yes, we go down to what is this drink? Champ, what the fuck? Tell me the one that don't drink?
Speaker 4: The first one is and you can explain, like if you want to explain it, because you know this is talking about everybody we mentioning here, all right, Hawk or d m X, Pap, Lauren Hill or Queen Latifa, Queen Latifa.
Speaker 2: See you don't want to drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he on point.
Speaker 2: I know he is wise, intelligent or King's son both. I got it? Shot, Hi, that was it?
Speaker 1: That didn't work out?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I couldn't give you a napkin?
Speaker 2: What did you do then? Bro gulped it?
Speaker 1: I like to tell you I did that ship on purpose all right, Shack run our test shack shot from the bricks, right, Yeah, no ice tea.
Speaker 2: Or ice cube, ice tea going through the praz or White Cliff.
Speaker 1: Both can go against crews. The outlaw was a goodie Mom I Lost Biggie or big l Biggie Life after Death or all eyes on me both?
Speaker 2: Fuck that was ship's motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Look, you're Dominican wants some mom haunabal SMA.
Speaker 2: Feel you want to because I'm gonna totally something else.
Speaker 1: I tell you I had puertowcan Dominican and motherfuckers. I motherfucker had to know what they were saying about me. I learned Spanish like a motherfucker. Coppy become Jason's lyric or Juice Juice. Chris Cross is a young youngsters. Will Smith and Chris Rock both mother pieces of ship. Yah, y'all be cheating for the guy, y'all be he man. Yeah, let's see what my on mas analog or digital analog. I knew he was gonna say that. I'm an analog nigga too. Rod Digger MC light Rod Digger, this Jersey I love him, she like you. Fucking y'all both nigga both, damn it, you fucking something, bitch.
Speaker 2: M O P or mom deep m O P kiss or not you mother? It's you serious? Mother? You going back? You say both both nigga drink? Motherfucker you drinking this nigga?
Speaker 1: Get real. He just keep picking up the fucking blunt nigga. Yeah good Jadakis and oas Jada Nos nigga both Jada and Nos nigga is yo, Yeah, y'all gonna cut that ship out. All these niggas I know too, all in my fans, everybody named y'all motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: He knows the both A. You know what, let me take this last one. Don't even ask.
Speaker 1: Ships that you know?
Speaker 2: Gaed up.
Speaker 1: He was just talking going like, you know, I want I want to smoke, man, I want to smoke right now. You know.
Speaker 2: You gotta be for what I'm for another interview after no.
Speaker 1: No, I'm preparing for no nigga. Prepare your your playing? What your music?
Speaker 2: Question? What nigga you're gonna do that you're taking the next one.
Speaker 1: Nigga already tell the Deep ship leaders to the new score A try call quest. He taking a drinks.
Speaker 2: Niggas we all drinking no me not. I'm not drinking with you. No, no, no, no, we just hurt.
Speaker 1: Oh you're taking it for out right for me, no, nigga, not for him. On the fuck out. I'm really thought I drunk that muchos, motherfucker the big I drunk that much in here and not to know what the bug going on? Niggas, I'll be faded all the time. And I ain't got no. You ain't seen me on the news, did y'all ain't. I ain't showing now, Nigga, I know how to handle this ship.
Speaker 2: You motherfucker. You gonna saw a drinking I'm gonna call uncle.
Speaker 1: Wha.
Speaker 2: I'm talking, nigga, stop drinking.
Speaker 1: That's my mom. What was the next you're gonna drink? I told you we known each other a long time. Sunny drinking form both of y'alls. Okay, good, yeah, where we are brand Nubian or poor righteous teachers? Oh man? Both?
Speaker 4: But now I'm the only one drinking at this table. Good TLC or Destiny's Child c l C. Gotta go, Sawn, Pepper, j J fadd so Pep talking about keep my baby, Mama, mother Melly mal or Caz.
Speaker 2: Oh God, damn Mellie mal Red Alert Kick Capri Alert, got.
Speaker 1: My uncle before my bro Come on, man, you're fucking meat Premore, Pete Rock prim Component Cormega Corpon Megaga. These niggas like, Yo, man, haigga's so district.
Speaker 2: Clue or funk funk Flex.
Speaker 1: I can't even talk right.
Speaker 2: Nobody else in that sentence.
Speaker 1: You don't fuck with Flex right, okay, translationas lacy.
Speaker 2: Lazy scarface of cougie rap. That's both. Come on, let's just drink.
Speaker 1: Guard you rat guardy rat nigga Yo run dm C or E P M D one d m C.
Speaker 2: Then my uncles.
Speaker 1: I got take my uncles off, my brotheries can. I was a little l loud and a lot came, but I'll say llll because I have nigga getting me Figga, my uncle, nigga like this good seke with eighties and nineties hip hop. Nineties nigga, that's where we was at. I have to say nineties rock Kim or Karas One, Rob r S one nigga like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Both motherfucker like nigga. I don't want no smoke with my auncs.
Speaker 1: I just did motherfucking Good Morning America with rock Kim for the Cassidy ship with can't play and ship Nigga.
Speaker 2: And who you said with.
Speaker 1: Uh rock Kim and Karris one, caris one and we have a single out me caris one is dot X called free.
Speaker 2: All right, said both my notes, my niggas, thank you.
Speaker 1: Sir, your shot. Tell them tell them shot jay wx j X. Yeah, said my ni relative over there. Yeah, I'm gonna tell him, were almost done. We're almost done. Uh the score or there's the dark side. I don't know neither one of them. Motherfuckeris or red Man? Oh no, you said albums, Oh okay, after you was talking movies, go ahead, the score fujis or there is a dark side which is redman nigga both Jersey? Is you serious? This is a brook This is the same like the Brooklyn Jersey drinking Jersey.
Speaker 2: I like these mother question n W a U Tang clan n W Tang.
Speaker 1: Set it off or New Jersey drive set it off? Nigga Jersey drivers for wack as hell. No, I'm just saying now, let me like I love first. I wasn't in it, so you know I'm biased.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I was doing a little hater ship. You feeling the same.
Speaker 1: You read for it.
Speaker 2: No, hell no, no, it wasn't like Jersey anyway. I said, who I said? Set it off? Set it the fuck?
Speaker 1: Oh, Cleo, come on, put that sit down, Cleo?
Speaker 2: All right? Two more video music box or video juke box.
Speaker 1: Video music box. Ralph McDaniel's all fucking day. That's my uncle. I'm like nigga. I have all of my uncles for real, because I was adopted. I was a ghetto basket. Wrote a song about it. Want to hear it here you go gonna yeah, all right, last one loyalty or respect, loyal.
Speaker 2: Spect I like that. I like that translations translation.
Speaker 1: It's a new and guess what us three right here at this table, we're gonna do some things and we're gonna have a whole nother slanguage, and we're gonna put it out on anything else because it was inventing here on different just bowsing everything we recorded.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put it down. It's gonna be a new slanguage, wouldn't it be?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And we wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is some money off this ship.
Speaker 3: This is something I wanted to ask you for years on poison Men, has this record right and it's you Craig Mac method Man.
Speaker 1: Wow. And in the beginning of the record you say, this is what Poisoned Men sessions be. Like. Now, for years I heard that part and I was like, what the fuck is going on in the poison Min session? So can you break it down for people because I don't know. Could you introduce the song and tell them what you're saying in the features? Do what you want to do. It's poison Men. It's called Vibing vib feature with mister Rhym's Craig Max method Man.
Speaker 3: And in the beginning of it, you said, this is what we're doing. That sounds like you're having mad fun. But in my opinion, like this is an R and B man, these guys can't be having fun. But then this souths when you come on and you say something like, yo, man, this is how the pies Min session be, and I was like, damn, could the poison in session be fucking off the chain?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: When you have them artists at that time in the same studio, we just spoke on things, right, nigga, We had important bitches in there. He's an important cent every nigga. That was me I already had a girl. Ain't fucking around, nigga. He imported some holes in there. We had vibing going to fuck on we vibe, manigg We were vibing like a motherfucker. All that ship was straight and boom. So what you were saying, like you know, like back in the days and anything, it'd be a gang of niggas. Ain't putting no verses in in the studio because that street vibe or whatever you're feeling, or you bring a gang of girls in on the sexy vibe like boom, like to feel that on anything else. Yeah, I fucked a couple, nigga. I know you're laughing like he like want to say, like that's my that's my brother says over there. Can't take them nowhere. That's why I take them everywhere, these motherfucker Yeah. Oh man, Okay, you just it was just a case slate joint because I'm looking at this.
Speaker 2: Resting piece case.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the two different ones he had.
Speaker 2: Huntred first. Yo, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: And I really don't want to get inyhing crazy with flex or nothing. No, no, no, I respect he a black man. I don't want to never go he know, we had our problems over and it was business stuff and everything else, and you know, but I don't want to tear him down. But Kase Slay, let me tell you something. Kate Slay was a nigga that would play not I gotta play to pay, you gotta pay to play, you gotta pay boom. And it's not even like pay.
Speaker 2: O lord son.
Speaker 1: It's just doing extras for DJs to pull them close and just play. They stuff it kind of fucked up the game. Kse Slay, that motherfucker would play a nigga that rolled up on him out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Let him hear some ship on that.
Speaker 1: And there, like yo, email that ship to me, Yo shan sean here, take my number, take my number, call me yo. Case Sleigh called the first one hundreds. It wasn't an assistant, it wasn't. He called them himself, two hundred m c's before he went. He called all of us. Anybody was talking about that when we was at the premiere and all that, Like, Yo, this nigga called us hisself and he if he liked the shit, he was gonna play it. If he didn't, he wasn't. He didn't give fucked where he was from. You ain't had to offer him nothing, say I got something for you. Non.
Speaker 2: He's like, nah, nigga, if I like it, I'm playing it on my show.
Speaker 1: I got the hottest shit at night Boom And that was what he and uh Pat Pools shout out to my nigga, Pat pool and love Pat Poos kept his legacy a lot. He was there when he keeping it alive, still keeping it. He was there like when he was in the hospital. It was like one of his last words is put out this two hundred like you know really no really, I mean Case Slay was like that. I came to see Kate Save should be a coffiti writer.
Speaker 2: No Case Slay.
Speaker 1: Yo. I came look with my other relatives up in Harlem and I just came in like with Case Slave's store. So I rolled up in there. Slay is behind the counter. Yo, he's on the road. He's doing radio. He got his show. It ain't like it was viral at home. You could do a home you going.
Speaker 2: To the station.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 2: He's behind the counter at his store and so I rolled by.
Speaker 1: I had the hoodie on anything, and he was like, onie, homie, you one son. Boom.
Speaker 2: I took off the hoodie turn around like yeah, nigga.
Speaker 1: I threw like five geez damn, like everything up there, I want this, and then gave half of it out to the homies in Harlem there and then took the rest and gave it to my homies in the hood because he would call it's crazy because once you get so long in the industry, like every other genre of music, you get larger, you get more paper hip hop. They tried to be like, oh, you was hot. Then I was blessed because I was doing movies everything else. And then I'm like, yo, we gotta do some negotiations, nigga. And I say that to white folks, Yo, we gotta do some negotiations nigga meaning translations. I ain't stupid. I know the game pay to play. So it was just yeah, yeah, facts. And you got to see Melly mel there too, Man Meloy. Every time I see Melly mel yo, this is y'all. He's gonna fuck me up to this night. He's like a grandfather that did forty years in like in the Yard eight them tell his joke because he called because I was jealous and ship. They was like, yo, you ain't big as your uncle Melly Mail. I'm like, Nigga, like what I got a lift a? He ain't dig like him. I'm like, yo, that's a blow up balloon suit there, Like it's a balloon suit. I said, yeah, man, He's like, man, you lie, I said, I'm telling you when he sit down. One time he sat on Sun's shop and it's just deflated ship. He said, yo, for real? I said, yeah, man, he got, I said, Uncle mel. I said, what's wrong with your muscles? They's drinking? He said, broken glass everywhere. I can't take y'all nowhere. That's why I take y'all everywhere, Yo, he told me. Over there, he say he went to the doctor and the doctor told him, Yo, you're getting your blood pressure is getting high and everything is from drink drinking. You gotta stop it. Mely Ma told the doctors like, we got to think of another way. He said, drinking is not gonna think another way. Figure that you the doctor. Figure the ship out where I continue drinking. Yeah, he drinking doing all that ship. He's like, it's different. It's five o'clock somewhere. But but are you talking about people drinking? Is your called drink share? I thought I thought, drink, No, no, drink. He works out and then when you go out certain times. But for us as artists, when we on detox, it's like when we don't have an event or show and then you have five a week, and then you get older, you'd be like, oh fuck the other day, go on detox today, because we see all the funerals were going through for natural causes and our families. So they telling us a right now, you want to come with us or you want to get it together. Bow.
Speaker 2: That's why I took all my milk thistles.
Speaker 1: Chance, No, it's for your living milk chat every day I take milk, you don't take it. He didn't even know what the fun that's good for your living man?
Speaker 2: I know this, Oh no, this this uh me and my wife down here.
Speaker 1: So this honey horny goat weed. You get that testosterro that gallic extract to get all that little ship nigga gotta keep better help and nor that's yea miss see, oh ship, I got that, and the molt the milk thistle.
Speaker 2: This is for your mother. You're living man, you understand, so you do that, oh ship.
Speaker 1: I opened my bag and found an alligator oh, here's your head. I'll be searching my own ship like nigga, get your hands up. So what the fuck is this? Milk?
Speaker 2: Milk thistle? It's a roote?
Speaker 1: And what is it? I mean taking talking them to day and they can tell you it's official purpose. Good for I ain't gonna lie you the first nigga to pull out vitamins. Let's make some look.
Speaker 6: To drinks yet with the nigga milk thistles right by the way. By the way, I thought you was putting a sling on it. It's really coold. What are you saying about the East education were still.
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: We would cut Yo classes.
Speaker 1: We would cut classes, go uptown to pick up coke and get mixtapes and we would we would have it where we come to funk back and still pass our ship when the ship we came because we use smart niggas spells frequently, You know what I mean. I gotta chip on my shoulder that Bill Gates ain't mate, gotta connect up in Harlem. Got a great weight right, gott a how to answer a lot. I gotta hot tray, a heavy rocks in my rings. Had a quake can shake or she can't freak, you will freak less. Fuck keep a freak for a week, fucking stuff for a month. Gotta playing hot damn man the great reperd flow, Gotta actionable faction, win international afterglow. Choose for your foods, trying to fix some shit. God talent, more gifted dinner. Christmas list got to so many foods. So a Rod East West got a list. He's the best, So I'm stressed. Wild guess. Got a lot of materiovill on the set.
Speaker 2: I got asked in first class US.
Speaker 1: Some head on the jet. Got an album We Wile It Comes, We rist, I got.
Speaker 2: Kids, a gang of niggas I call a trip called trash. We got hand me, we got desert, we got dinner, We got desert.
Speaker 8: Yo yo yo yo, oh you motherfucker yo everything, mother, This is.
Speaker 3: Something I want to ask you. You named the uptown anthem. At that time on the East Coast, the only uptown we knew was was Manhattan, was uptown Harlem and the Bronx was that song made for Harlem and the Bronx, or that was made for any Uptown everywhere else movie, because.
Speaker 2: That's the other name it was Juice.
Speaker 1: I made the song it was a there was a second No, Uptown Anthem is because but then I have the second name to it.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm thinking of no translation.
Speaker 1: Uptown Anthem was because Juice was filmed in Harlem. Uptown now I could have been uptown Harlem Uptown Bronze.
Speaker 2: It was in Harlem.
Speaker 1: So when the first verse I put on it, no, the last one coming around the corner with my uptown bunch, that was the actually the first verse I wrote to when I heard the beat, and it was and the whole time when I first before that I heard the track, I said, this song is gonna be called Uptown Anthem hereby did you know how great that song was going to be? No, No, I'm saying you didn't feel that. In the studio.
Speaker 2: We felt like I'll be on my dick. When I be in the studio, I truly be on my dick. I'll be like, this ship is the greatest. You feel me like I know, I know it's nothing, and the reach come out doing the song and be like y'all, y'all, yeah, I'm like, Nigga, I gotta do that.
Speaker 1: No, I feel it's a difference of the best hip hop records of it rock and roll. I tell you country music, any art form, their legends are going to always nigga. They be telling like Grammy nominated on nigga. I got a Grammy in the fucking house, American music war in the fucking house, Yo, don't cut my pay. So I never look at it like the millions that was left on the table, because I'm like, nah, nigga, thatin' ain't enough to what comes after that, showing I didn't bend over to get fucked by y'all industry, and I didn't come up with snakes and rats and ships, you know what I'm saying, and little homies. I'm knowing the business on it. Oh, y'all want to do business, watch me do business? Boom, Yeah, what's the status like with the man? Well, Tommy Boy don't sell masters or anything. And we really didn't care because we recorded.
Speaker 2: All our ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah we recorded swift Oh yeah, I mean yeah, And I sound just like the fuck I did on all the rest of them ship. Y'all sell your old ship. Now. I'm the baby mama that's giving your baby mama drama drama about his bino.
Speaker 2: I find wim around him.
Speaker 1: Holy deleted Jack in New City. Here we go. Now, No, I'm just saying you. I'm telling you that when I recorded, when they hear it, they don't know the difference, and we get all that money after the fact, y'all don't have to give us our masses.
Speaker 2: We remastered and Tommy Boy was a.
Speaker 1: Uh national label, independent label, so they gave different deals overseas, so the market overseas and never even got it.
Speaker 2: Getting it passport pimpin international papers.
Speaker 1: Now you just saying this is earlier. But fill me flow? Yeah, I feel like that was your time to just it was showing off on.
Speaker 2: That mic definitely. When I heard the track.
Speaker 1: On the track, it was like, remember, usually I already have a hook or our right son around like the melodies, but on that I'm like, that's the hook. Here we go. Now if you're hearing me, though, come and fill me flow sing here we so now in the consertance and arenas, here we go, kind of feel me flow. The flow pro poetical was skills on lyr Veda no better than nowhere. It's a way to float this one point like that's almost man handling. New crew partying with the Zu cru looking for the pink and poo pools. I thought, you're new to stone styles of stamp in the gym. And then while we're playing in the gym, we us with a party. Imit damaging, managing, damaging Mike's men and even man because you're a fannigin now I want to know it was a man again. Nought, He's back like Verte Braid's words that hey, I'll hold the way I show your prey. I'll flow steady, bake it to the boogiees, oh bang top the slang bang and watch all the pool tag tag tank. And then when when I did this on again, I was like, I like to dedicate this ship to Janet Jackson's nipple. They popped out at the ballfucking super Bowl. You had a picture of the nipple and my studio damn, all the players that look like Danny's slick said that this hell I get in invented pick rubbing, running yard, running yard, ren it and it ran front of brother planet plant as I pack it, pick it and then pack it, trick it and then track it, throw it cracked, then catch it quick as rigging stet rabbit quick because it's a habit, so rabbit ass as another brother running rabbit, you know I mean.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: The job buying liver tell like you I mean by that ship.
Speaker 3: So let me spoke about this earlier. Kids ordering food, daddy duties. Yeah, everything's gonna be all right. Yeah, you know that statement itself is it's something that should be. It's something that when you google in the morning, when you wake up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Everything's gonna be all right. As soon as you wake up, your your your wake up.
Speaker 1: Call to everything's gonna be all right. You gotta walk outside with the mind state of that, not what's been going on. Nothing's gonna be all right. And so that's what we want to do. And we told the story of the hood through the record, but the hook always came to no matter what all that, you just heard, everything gonna be and you you know what I mean, Like the radio now may be blaming uh parents and the rappers for doing all this, you know, extra confrontational like music and all that. Yo, y'all playing it, y'all love the motherfuckers that's playing the ship. When you hear something on the radio all day, even if you don't like it, you start being like, damn that you don't even know you be like, then you stop yourself, like Nigga, I don't like this ship, but you hear it so much. They programs, They programmed it into you.
Speaker 2: So I know plenty of records. I don't like all the radios if.
Speaker 1: You was playing ship like J Cole and all certain niggas like you had to have that type music to get at least they play balance. We need to balance play all the dark ship and the banging ship and anything else tonight. But you have a different, uh mind trance of what's coming in as far as yo, this is what our kids need to hear. The people that's riding around in the day, the parents, the voone, even the parents start listening like yo, everything all right? Like yeah, I mean that's for the kids because they going to get everything else on the internet and on their phone, you know, but to hear it when they ride or they start once a pack of people start liking.
Speaker 2: Some people be like what's that? They want to come on? So it's crazy, but it's worth it.
Speaker 3: People all the time come up to me and say your music saved my life or your music got me through this, and you know, it's always an honor.
Speaker 1: It's always something. But did you ever have to listen to your own music to help you get through something? Nah, that shit took me back to dark places. I used to listen to everybody else's shit, and that shit made me right, Like, but you wouldn't listen to yourself now. I had to listen to it enough so I remember the lyrics on stage and ship because I would have shows. I'm like Nigga, but when you hear it so much, I just love hip hop so much, and I felt what always made me better was by listening to everybody else and knowing they lyrics. But I'm really knowing it because niggas was dope at fuck. Seventies, eighties, nineties, like niggas was dopest fuck. I mean any you could listen to albums front and back from the cassettes.
Speaker 2: Don't tell my age, mother fuck.
Speaker 1: He was a mix.
Speaker 2: That Look at that. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: At the height you sold all all these records. What was on your rider? My ride at them? Oh?
Speaker 2: One thing we ain't never do as well. We now.
Speaker 1: Try to break the bank with the promoters anyway. We always want them to call us back. Okay, So certain spots, if it's a local spot and it's the hood. It's gonna be like one hundred and two hundred niggas. There were gonna need a little extras. But for the everyday rider, we're going to different towns and anything else.
Speaker 2: It looked like this. We had Hennessy. Of course, we have forty ounces.
Speaker 1: Forty ounces private stock, Oaklands okay, okay, and condoms.
Speaker 2: It's on the rock. What kind of columns you have back.
Speaker 1: Trojan Lifestyle Lifestyle Lifestyle Trope Magnums came after yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So you had to double and triple up on them little the lambskin them lambskins, nigga. It was just was just opening, like he said, lamb you need feel a lot. You know, old buffalo, you need buffalo skin. Nigga hurd the magnet what No, yeah, condoms and all that because because you know, we was doing our thing. Plus we had stickers. And then on opp when I say now here's your membership, I throw the so l ELKOJ was throwing out flowers, You was throwing out condoms. Just make them.
Speaker 2: You guys were on priority right at one point.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we always we were. We actually never signed to Tommy Boy. We signed the Warner Brothers. Bennie Medina signed us to Warner Brothers. They didn't know how to work hip hop, so they said our subsidiary label was Tommy Boy Wow all over here. So we got signed for like two hundred and fifty thousand dollars then, which back then was like a million. There's no between Tommy Boy and No. After Tommy Boy, we went to Arista.
Speaker 4: And Clive Davis, right, That's where what it was, because Clive Dave, my Boy was was the local street team for you guys. I forget what label he had. It must have been Arista or maybe it was Tommy Boy. And you guys were the first big hip hop artists I met personally.
Speaker 1: My god and and I remember like, did they have a bat? No? You know they did, they did on stage that when I met him, and I remember I was like, I was so struck by how humble you guys were, because you guys are megastars, and I was like, man, this is crazy, how humble these guys. You guys came on time to whatever.
Speaker 2: No bet against you, he did he better against you against I had to make the water bill anything, yeah, yeah, get your money hold.
Speaker 1: They all fit. I said he gonna show up at four thirty. You know what time you showed up four o three. I'm to finish what I was saying, though. This is the crazy part.
Speaker 4: When I met you guys, and you guys were so humble, it taught me something at an early age, because you guys had reached so many heights and to see someone like that and y'all were just like on point humble doing the job and getting the fuck out of Dodge, I was like, okay, it was an example to be let And then later on and I said, this last time you guys were here my.
Speaker 1: First me and my crew.
Speaker 4: The first video appearance was in the craziest video you guys did the region version and you said Miami.
Speaker 1: We was at the Miami guys and that motherfuckers translations.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: You ever thought hip hop would make it this fall?
Speaker 2: Yes, That's why I stayed in one thing.
Speaker 1: I always said, like every five years for since the exception of hip hop, always heard from the media and rock roos.
Speaker 2: In all different countries.
Speaker 1: Ah, I don't worry about that noise, and it only could be around for five more years, So fifty years later you'd be like, we made it like I knew it.
Speaker 2: I got in it.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, I'm not no psychic, but I felt it in the heart. If it didn't make it, I was going to do it up in this motherfucker while I was here. But every year I seen, like in different decades, and more artists came out.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh shit, this.
Speaker 1: Shit ain't going nowhere my friends doing shit and making money, and I'm like, yeah, I'm like loving it because they asked me a long time ago. They asked me, I think it was the show or something. It was like, what you be doing if it wasn't for hip hop? Said, I'd probably be in your house, tying you up and getting your kids and everything else and going for the safe and doing some real shit every day. I'll be looking every day and it's one hundred million motherfuckers. It's like me, hip hop saves you feel what I'm saying. Now, let me ask you this. Probably only a couple of people could probably answer this question. What would life be like if Tupac had a Twitter? It depends on which Tupac. If it was the twenty year old, thirty old, year old, fifty year old. So we're saying and how early on you met pak Was it during Digital Underground days? Yeah, it was Digital Underground. It was we were both on Tommy Boy by Nature Uh well actually before Nature Ground was on Tommy Boy, not Pop Digital Underground. Yeah, Queen Teeth, okay, Tommy Boy. Yes, I was on the road as a roadie carrying a bag. Yeah, and her height and he's a roady for Digital Underground.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's how we met. That's crazy. Let's make some noise for the roadies. That's that's how we met.
Speaker 1: So we was carrying bags and vow and then we just kept contacts so everywhere we went and anything else, all right, And you know, you know, I want to say this for now, but I know you said you put Big on the phone. Now on the phone, he heard the conversation. Okay, was is there anything that you thought you could have did? No, I said on the care I got real emotional. I can't play podcasts because I said, the only thing that's going to rib with me for the rest of my life is just.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have.
Speaker 1: Did something more to just get Poking Big together, right, But everybody tell me, like you couldn't have done what wasn't going to be done. But it just then was my niggas you feel what I'm saying, And we came from Port of rich and it's still getting murdered like that. That part of the game is supposed to have been out like we made it that Like no matter what, hip hop was built off battles. Battles. Yeah, but like I said, hip hop didn't take out pocket Big. It was that media put that heat on it and that sauce on it. I guess on East coast West coast, just betting hip hop against hip hop. Even that magazine couple that you mentioned, all of that, even if it wasn't blatantly forward to try to it was supposed to have been more acknowledgement on having your team together. That doesn't look right because it could start something. It's phases of what you do. Is a magazine or publication you put out stuff and be like, all right, is this gonna bring heat or is it more than just the truth? Is it igniting a fire? You know, like versus West could have been and it could have been worthed way different. You don't say East versus Western. And that was our social media back then because we go to get black beat rat masters all ego, we go to get the our magazines, that Vibes. I was the first cover of that Vibe magazine. No, that's when I became You asked a question of sex symbol. Yeah. Man, I went to go these motherfucker bastards. I had the brazen anything else. I went to go change my clothes and I'm changing to put something else on because we had the dickies and anything else. I had my chain. I wanted to put my chain on for the cover. They say it's a new magazine. I wanted to wrap my chain. That's the homies locked down in the middle of a shot. They said, turn look at the camera took and I took it with my shirt on. But I loved him after that. I came real sexy after that, nigga, I wasn't mad at me.
Speaker 3: But let's say let's say pac in twenty four, twenty four year old twenty four with a Twitter Twitter No no, no, no, no, he would have uh.
Speaker 2: They would have deleted his account.
Speaker 1: Oh, they would have turned black pant Baby black panther. He ran he no, like like how they suspend Kanye's account all the time. Yeah, yeah, but his Yeah, no, they would have deliberately. You can't even come out with a number two. Nobody nigga with anything. Nigga, you are nigga. I know what he's trying to do. He's rounding up the troops. Now, this is the famous picture. You guys got it on the group chat. Remember the group chat. They put it out there. It's a picture with you pop at Faith mm hm oh sitting down right, I think is that picture photoshot?
Speaker 2: No? No, okay, No, we're in the same We're in the same party.
Speaker 1: And so that's a party. That's not a private setting. Okay, No, that's a party. Okay, there's a party in a section and.
Speaker 2: We were all there.
Speaker 1: Park was like and you know Faith from Jersey. Yeah, okay, and like, Yo, Park like I want I want to do a song with a boom.
Speaker 3: This okay, hold on, let me stop you stretch because this is the famous incident.
Speaker 2: And I never Yo.
Speaker 1: They went to They tried to pay me to do a part of a documentary to talk about this, and I didn't take it, okay, but I talked to you.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 3: God, so this is at a party, because how it was always understood what this.
Speaker 2: Was a studio session. Okay that pick never okay never okay never.
Speaker 1: So so we were there and Faith wasn't in our area at first, but then she did the Jersey ship to me faith faith hoood Yeah yeah change Oh she called you tiny trigger tines either or okay, okay, okay, oh, trying to do her. I'm trying to do something. Introduced me to pop. I said, all right, I'll be right back. This mean this is faith, right, like coming back, take this picure. Back then it was like polaroids and ship the camera dude that was dead. So that was like a polaroid. So it's that ain't a I right, that's fact. I will tell you.
Speaker 2: Wow, I will tell you. Holy moly.
Speaker 1: So Park this respectful ass whatever he wanted to do, you know, but if they was beefing, then he got faith numbers. So anything happened after that. Nigga, Yeah, they said I introduced him, Yeah I did. Nigga, don't act like I introduced them, like yeah, I'm trying to get with pine shying pocket like I'm trying to fuck.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like that. It was on about y'all go ahead and buy all right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you think that that moment would have led to because what they beefing prior to that, I don't, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm no.
Speaker 2: It's nigga.
Speaker 1: We know niggas, We know the hood, we know rich folks, we know motherfuckers be all over and anything. Shit don't really surprise us. Certain shit don't surprise nigga. If motherfucker's right there, you go. Even if I said no, faith, fuck you, nigga, I'm over, she would have still went over there now. No, all right, if I'm the scapegoad, I introduced them, nigga. They were right next to each other. They were going to introduce each.
Speaker 3: Other, right, Wow, we had smiff and western on here right smiffing my weapon to talk about the time where they were like like like the only guys I guess besides you that were doing records for park ass Parc was barbing on the East coast.
Speaker 1: So I asked them, did they ever received backlash? I'm going to ask you the same.
Speaker 3: Question, like, you know, because you never cut off Pok, like even when he was saying fuck everybody in the East Coast here, your babies and everyone like, you were still like all right, cow on right of the park. Did you ever receive any backlash from the East Coast?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah it was you gotta know the East Coast.
Speaker 1: I mean definitely the niggas was hot, but I I had Burbo bandits right, Brooklyn Bronze Queen. Im I'm playing babies basically, and every Burber on purpose, I'm going to have any problems anytime I have. This closes the home, right, But nah, it was like anybody that was hot, they knew they better not right for me. It was I'm southside Jamaica queens like niggas is deep deep deep deep, and Jersey Jersey's not far from New York at all, So we had to really put our pivot on and our swivel heads living out here. And I got canceled from a lot of shit already know if movies everything, you know, Pocking Shug was. They was like, ain'tbody fuck with these two diggas. We gotta put put them because they come in in here to try to the ignorant way they bullying. Yeah, and you but I an't give a fuck. I just I triple and quadruple my hustle game. And they knew what it was like to this day. I support Park and Big and none none of the bullshit. You know, my record speaks for itself. But yeah, I got hit like a lot of ship with the ex wife, with the books and all that bullshit, like women looking at me like I'm this nigga right here, like and then other motherfucker's like no, So you gotta have a tough skin. A lot of artists they be like what happened? They ain't hear them, or they chose not to fucking even fuck with this shiit say it again for people that don't under stay, they chose not the fucking fucking fuck with this ship, Like this game is a whole Yeah, it's there's no sanctions, it's no niggas ain't then if some of you die or get murdered, oh, nobody's talking. So we're not even gonna investigate it.
Speaker 2: You know. You know I'm about to asks, now, what do you think about this KVD shit?
Speaker 1: I think, uh, it's a testament of what I just said. If you're a rapper, they're not gonna investigate it. And you know, anything that was said, it was said by the perpetrator word. So his testimony is his testimony can't nobody say. Nobody say he's his own witness and lawyer basically if you're public defender. But it's on the fact, No, it's whatever went on the system first. Knew a lot of this way before. You feel what I'm saying, all right, for people there for and me, I'm just one. Like it's two families or whatever else on either side of lives or anything that's destroyed, and when anybody dies or the shooter, both lives are going anywhere. And it's only it's niggas against niggas. You see, no matter what goes on in the world, right all over the world, look at what and ain't gonna mention none of the bullshit because you say something about out one side or the other, you getting, you know, but look at the fucking world. Everybody stands with each other, their own their race set black and brown. You feel me the.
Speaker 2: Power that we got.
Speaker 1: We can never we we would get reparations everything, because we would be running everything, because we would be a unit. When we ain't. We're doing the job for them. So I look at it like that, like I said, true said, you know, they want him to get on a stand.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting it.
Speaker 1: We cut from different cloths, like nobody is never going on a stand for shit, right, but that's are't supposed to stop police doing your motherfucker? Yeah, yeah, of finding who the fuck that's you, they won't know y'all know anything anybody, yo, motherfucker. We ain't getting paid by the city, and if we were, we don't fuck with y'all.
Speaker 2: And we don't know ship what are you doing? Right?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So to clarify what you were saying, you know, you think that that the Las Vegas Police Department and the LAPD probably.
Speaker 1: Been No, they've been. I've seen personally documentaries for decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 1: I've seen the.
Speaker 3: Documentary that came out documents, you said, documentaries. Yes, I've seen like many laying down many details of like as a dude from Australia he broke the case down like that.
Speaker 2: BI I forget what the name of his documentary.
Speaker 1: And if you got on tape in Vegas in the casino of an altercation between different gang factions, it's.
Speaker 2: The number one suspect right already, no.
Speaker 1: Track, the track, the track that's it's on camera for the copts and then the documentaries come out and say it and I'm we over there.
Speaker 2: Life good fucking like y'all just come.
Speaker 1: And then twenty years later and the fucked up ship is too like whatever, he might do something, nigga, twenty years ago, however he would have got locked up. He'd be out now, and now you're going in, so he's never coming out right. So it's our people that does it to our people, and our people get trained by them people. God damn it. And he needs a lawyer right now. They're saying public defending it's crazy. Hey, I stopped drinking Hennessy a long time ago. I stopped catching charges. I see that lighting that white over there, nigga A handing me that up.
Speaker 2: You were a good dep.
Speaker 1: Made you stop drinking hennessy though I stopped catching charges.
Speaker 2: Let's come quite me, juice, man, is it.
Speaker 1: Is a It's like you don't it's no turn off.
Speaker 2: It's no like. I had to take anger management and shit and no for real, it taught me. Son.
Speaker 1: It's like being upset. You have no control over that. We're gonna get upset over son and pops up out of nowhere. Anger is where you take it. Zero to a honey, pulling up to a motherfucker cut you off.
Speaker 2: Just to stay at him and all that and no road raging, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Boom, a nigga says some ship. You don't just laugh at all or act like you ain't hear it. It's just like what like it's it's weird being upset, going to be, but anger you can fucking manage because you taking it to the next level, you know what I mean. So yeah, it's like, man, the streets gotta know we as us and like we are worse in them. We be like this. We don't be looking for little Asians, the white folks nobody, though, We be like looking for nigars, not cougars or jaguars, niggars. Something I seen the other night was it only y'all was hanging out together, young young and see told how come with the elder statesman. It's like it's also it's a super respect I mean for each other. We had a different respect. I think we fucked it up. Look the you don't listen to nobody. It's not just you, boom boom. My kids be looking at them now by I'm gonna let you know we're fucked it up for everything. When they told parents. It is illegal for your child. Not abuse, but whipping. They fucking asses. It fucked the world up. Oh, we fucked everything up. These little bastards don't respect ship. They ain't scared enoughing what you're gonna do. I call the cops and you know, I'll drop you off at the fight at the apartment with one bag. Nigga. Adoption you adopted today.
Speaker 2: I can't leave you on corner. You gonna fire the partner. Fucker.
Speaker 1: Nah. But yeah when the outlaw, they don't, they don't. They feel like they are untouchable. Nigga.
Speaker 2: We used to get with from my motherfucker babysitter or teacher. Motherfucker nigga on and they call you mom, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Oh, sh save me some.
Speaker 2: I'm coming home. Nigga. You got like four ass.
Speaker 1: Whippings and one nigga. We wasn't fucking around like that.
Speaker 2: My grandfather used to make me get the switch. Yeah down south.
Speaker 1: My mother took us to South, nigga. I'm talking about Cumbling Virginia. Different switches you go. And if it break when she tapped the motherfucking her motherfucking leg motherfucker, that motherfucker. You gotta get another one or she gonna get with you. Nigga, what man, we ain't show out at all. My grandmother was four foot nine nigga with eight eight of us down there, all cousins in our house down south, Nigga, we ain't show out at all, our law ass whippons. What's the most thing you missed about Pop? Probably like his his his his drive, like everybody think he was like this serious dude of it like he was. He was like how we talking here? He'll be here right now like the whole time. He would you know what I mean, he'll say at certain points where he'll be cracking up and all that. Just how far he could have took. He would have been probably the first hip hop president. That's what I missed the most. His shine where he nigga, every nigga, all his fans, and he had white fans, black fans. He ain't never separate him. He spoke the truth. This is a white man's world. But he spoke the truth and all and showed like all generations of people getting together. So I would have seen him like really and always say like Sugar would have been the first hip hop billionaire. Then Dre did because Sugar you know took this route. But Digg and Pak would have been all of us because it was open Jay and all of us, well, Pocking Big would have been.
Speaker 2: They was on a different level.
Speaker 1: Hypothetically, hypothetical question, had Pocking Big lived, you think they would eventually squashed it. They would have had the squashed it. I believe so too. In my heart. I believe that.
Speaker 2: Listen, in my heart, I believe this.
Speaker 1: No, No, they would have had to squash it because Nigga, it's bags over bullshit and he would have did a something joint. They would have had to because anybody else would have been like I would have been like, Yo, Nigga, I already talked to Big Nigga, come on, like get your business, dude, something blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It should have been over.
Speaker 1: It would have been over if they man, that ship would have been over because they wasn't, like I said, Defro wasn't that the bad boy at all. They wasn't lining up all their homies outside of every show they go to them. They was like, Nigga, we gonna makee hip breakers.
Speaker 2: Nigga, this ship is pressure.
Speaker 1: You ain't gotta pay for But just the East West ship brought the street element into it, like now it's like motherfuckers, it ain't rappers not liking certain rappers.
Speaker 3: At one point, like even parking at NAS right and they had everybody live turmoil, everybody mob. But you and I's had a great relationship at the time. Did that Did that change your relationship with Okay?
Speaker 1: No? No, it was like after hit him came up, I had a fire hundred.
Speaker 2: And I was in my it's the bens, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know, and I was letting them know nigga, I'm I'm I'm on the line park. But it started getting heated after that, like you know, like he's no NAS mob. Deep up. It was at the radio station then it wasn't taped beforehand, and ass now that's my nigga radio station.
Speaker 2: This is the radio station.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So I hear NAIs on the end, you know, like they talking the topics. He's like, yeah, man, this ship is bullshit. We are born. I came from Jersey. It's hold me in the fire and to eat. And then when the same nives and them come out and I'm like, what's up? No se like Tresh, what's good? I'm like, yo, hear niggas Yo, I'm right with y'all to the highway because niggas know y'all at the station put that Tech nine out like y'all need nigga. I'm following y'all to the road like love y'all and flavor flavors with him. I feel like favor came to me. Tresh was something boy like yeah, like ship you got all we go over.
Speaker 2: No like hip hop. We we were different a read of brotherhood.
Speaker 1: We be on tours, ain't never known each other and seeing each other, and like hip hop just was a different one country artist like I'm in my rooming hip hop artists.
Speaker 2: We was looking at shows like Nigga, these niggas rocking. We got step ship.
Speaker 1: Up like you know what I mean learning, But we was there and go to parties together like MTV wraps all that spring Break ship.
Speaker 2: That bought so many niggas together and boom.
Speaker 1: We used to just be out of town going and then every time were on tour, we go to the after parties together.
Speaker 2: All the hip hop niggas.
Speaker 1: Facts, How can I be down impact having conventions? You know new York music. We got that picture. How can I beau?
Speaker 2: We got dropped from you?
Speaker 1: You got yo? You know you know what the crazy shi it is.
Speaker 3: What we should have implicated then, was did generational gap because me personally it wasn't one.
Speaker 1: It wasn't one then, but now it is now. We couldn't address it then. We weren't psychic. No, it did happen. No, No, look all of us Nigga, our ever nineties nigga, We see any of our artists eighties, seventies, Yo, it's like this like it was. It wasn't even like nah nigga, the niggas they had any time like nigga.
Speaker 2: It was like Nigga, Melly Man, Deaney fat Nigga. Late God damn.
Speaker 1: I think you were the last of that era that did that. Yeah, yeah, I mean hip operations, be honest. To be honest, No, I agree with you. You were the last.
Speaker 2: The nineties was no, you're given.
Speaker 1: The nineties is big.
Speaker 2: We had a whole nineties until two thousand.
Speaker 1: So when I believe us a mob deep became like after that too.
Speaker 2: You can have to happen.
Speaker 1: But the last full respect you guys, which caught us with the Full Rest, which taught up. Yeah, our last album was nineteen forty nine, right, yeah, so it taught us. And then the era when you guys came up, it kind of started, well the last album for the nineties for the like that, right right.
Speaker 4: But that's that's what the disconnect started, because I feel like this is when hip hop is making real money the music of hip hop, the rappers and hip hop. So now there's a disconnect between the culture and the music. And then the rappers are not paying homage anymore like they used to to the ogs, and then that's a disconnect, and then the generation that's coming right after that doesn't have that same information.
Speaker 1: It came right from what we're saying. When they outlaw ass whipmen's and you respect and you respected your elders, it's no more, no, no, you can you can never do it again.
Speaker 2: But it should never been your kids.
Speaker 1: I can tell certain ages, like when they motherfuckers is back, they know you could just say what the they shit on themselves, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: They go outside, go outside and say, yes.
Speaker 1: You ain't turning your fucking home with your teeth.
Speaker 2: She gonna whip your ass tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And then I'm gonna whip your ass. Yo. You was like Nick.
Speaker 2: In line.
Speaker 1: Now they like yo.
Speaker 2: If you touch me, I'm calling the cops. Man, Are they more gangster than that? I told you?
Speaker 1: I told well, you know what, pack your motherfucking one bag, nigga, because you going to the fire apartment.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no adopts in time none.
Speaker 1: Dropping your ass off the knife, little motherfucker bastard. Yeah, get the fuck out of here. Pop introduced me the biggie. Wow, I would have thought there was the other way around.
Speaker 2: I mean, look what he met.
Speaker 1: Pop introduced me the biggie. I'll tell niggas all the time said he in bullshit or this is he met Pocket Noddy.
Speaker 2: And bullshit was out?
Speaker 1: It was out, okay, all right? Cool Pop was in New York all the time by you know, juice and anything else. But he stayed him and Pop Biggie was in the studio and all the ship Nigga.
Speaker 2: We was in different times. But I was hottest fish Grease.
Speaker 1: So I'm on the tours and there and then when I come in to me, I'm in motherfucking what one more chance? Video Biggie and Nigga Nigga when I say Pop was my brother. When he introduced me to Big, Big became my brother. So that that's why niggas don't understand why you ain't never get that Big And I said, nigga, y'all, don't underfucking stind nigga.
Speaker 2: Them was my niggas.
Speaker 1: And when your brothers is beef and to us, it's like you basically a stalemate. But you like you like this, don't neither one of you niggas hit me, neither one of you. Motherfucker y'all niggas bet nah hit me. I'm telling you I'm motherfucker. Go ahead with that bullshit. I'm like, here, I bet I swing on swing. So I'm like and then you know.
Speaker 2: It was my niggas man real.
Speaker 1: That's what I got heat in Brooklyn and ship, but I had real live Brooklyn. Niggas tell you like, I can't go to Brooklyn right now? Yes? Why he defended the ice Cube O with Biggie Smalls. I did defend him over Biggie.
Speaker 2: Why you put that back out there? People forgot about that.
Speaker 9: Who my favorite artist was, hold on my nigga, hold on Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Listen, listen. Chance translation you know that was mother fucking fake.
Speaker 2: News out that more that ship been up. I love it, but you're my favorite artist was and it's no you.
Speaker 1: Gotta say everybody got I love you to tell me who don't tell me I'm your favorite nigga? You out this motherfucking trash me in the back like nigga nigga.
Speaker 2: I love to hear who you.
Speaker 1: That's why I loved the other day. I believe it was y'all nice and smooth. Where the fun was y'all at This wasn't This wasn't in the summer the rock the Bells. Yeah, that's that's where it was, Okay, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah like that playing around because they're trying to do the Rock the Bells. Cruise. I'm not in the cruises. You in the cruises, Hell yeah, you're in the cruisers. Yeah, but you can smoke on the cruise. I mean, if you don't tell nobody because you go throw you off the boat. I feel like I smoked too much to be on the cruise. Like I feel like like like I feel like even the guy that I tipped tell on me. Let me tell you, so, you going to this spot right literally your your cabin.
Speaker 2: Is like if you got a balcony, you're good. All over the man balconies, right, Yeah, you're good, go on your balcony. Like everybody. You look at anybody international waters.
Speaker 1: You go out there, they gotta go put that ship, find evidence. You've been on the top joining one.
Speaker 2: Yeah you've been.
Speaker 1: Hipop one. Okay, yeah, yeah, I've been turning them down for years. I just don't go out on hurricane season, that's all. We don't go out here. I damn get you out in the Atlantic Ocean doing you are?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you live in l A for a while. I've been out there so so long for like film projects and so back then it was like two or three months for a movie. Wow, you know so and you just there and then when you not and you single, and you're like and the homies is out and you got fans, tribe and all them.
Speaker 2: RESI in peace, godfather, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Gangster rid. Yeah, So like you going out and this like always events. So I was staying out there. I'll be like, damn, I've been out this motherfucker folk months.
Speaker 3: Like to me, as outside of looking in, it seemed like LA embraced New York back then.
Speaker 2: New York embraced LA back then. What's the separation?
Speaker 1: When? When did this separation?
Speaker 3: Like kind of like you know what I mean, Like it's not even a separation now it's back to you saying, yeah, okay, tell you something.
Speaker 1: La niggas is robbing La niggas, but as well, nigga, anybody that comes out that's looking like they dripping and not secure, right, it's food. It's gang culture is boom is You know what I mean? Rockham said it best. It ain't with where you're from, where you at. Go to Brooklyn and you slipping, go anywhere on the fucking gum, to Miami and play around if you fucking want, and the ain't checking you feel what I'm saying. It's everywhere East Coast, West Coast niggas. Yes, y'all promise you go out to LA and turn on kJ LAH and other stations and stuff.
Speaker 2: Nigga, they play pop smoke more out there than here.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you feel I'm saying, honestly, and.
Speaker 1: A gang of just East Coast West Coast artists together Cali radio niggas.
Speaker 2: Ain't you coming up and you like that?
Speaker 1: But man, they ain't even if they ain't set tripping, They looking for a liqu or something. They like you in the foreign and you got one hundred thousand dollars worth of jewels on it. You just just out there, you fool. And that's in any hood. It ain't No. I could tell you niggas ain't like fuck the meast coast niggas and niggas ain't a nigga. If you slipping and looking too out of pocket, you can get God. But other than that, niggas ain't like where are you from? La? They asking La niggas where they from? They could tell you ain't from light. But yeah, we had a special ad on here, right, A special ad said something. He said that in w he clarified it though recently. Yeah, did you see that finished? I saw it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that was the beginning of the destruction.
Speaker 1: Did you agree with that statement or how did you feel? Like?
Speaker 2: I love special me and I see you get a song called I Gotta Gauge.
Speaker 1: I got a right, Yeah, so you're gonna get publishing special ad because said over. But the destruction, Nah, you gotta understand the greatest thing about hip hop is.
Speaker 2: The diversity. First it was just New York.
Speaker 1: And then when you just heard La mid Jersey and down South and Yo, the flavor of it was so phenomenal. Of it was like hip hop is not it's for us. Then you heard Latin hip hop and its international. Yo, It's like you be like yo, right, yeah, So let me ask you this is because this is like an East Coast hater right here, you fire you New York hater New York. He went from a whole coast in one he might knew that that say, okay, not the East coasts in New York, New York guy, that we started this together. By the way, let me just listen, by the way, there's a lot of people who feels like him. When when when New York everyone was running it all right, Jersey feels exactly what you're about to Jerseys with us what we want.
Speaker 2: Correct regulated, correct with.
Speaker 3: You about New York one boy, you were there, brother, you were there, right, we snuck nigga.
Speaker 2: We had no one to access coach ran ship.
Speaker 1: Right if you if your record was number one on seven, your record was number.
Speaker 2: One in the world the East because let's just say New York.
Speaker 4: Metropolitany said that's what.
Speaker 3: But that's what we're talking about. The industry was, yeah, but listen, at one point we ran it. It was like if you was number one in New York, he was number one across the world. It hasn't been like that for years. Do you think it's because when New York was that top, when the New York, New Jersey was on top.
Speaker 2: You know, hold on, hold on, hold on, let me tell y'all something we were.
Speaker 1: He's from New York.
Speaker 2: You know, Jersey.
Speaker 1: Can. I cannot get an actual fact.
Speaker 2: There right now.
Speaker 1: Jersey his motherfucking don't have no motherfucking team. Every team in Jerseys knew you. New York Giants, New York Jazz Nigga, the nets was over there. They took to motherfuckers of Brooklyn. You fucking jackets. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: We feel the same fucking way. Georgy keep getting jack by.
Speaker 1: We are the oppressed.
Speaker 2: Do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: How is just talking about we with y'all said he was when we first came on stage in New York, before.
Speaker 2: We was Naughty Nigga.
Speaker 1: We said, listen, we're gonna don't tell them were from victim on stage Jersey and up boom no facts facts, no learned the fucking lesson went on after that in New York ship and rocked them try to sit up, and then afterwards saying Jersey, motherfucker, but you made it uptil. I had a lot of baby mamas uptown, Nigga.
Speaker 2: I ain't want no problem, no.
Speaker 1: No, but honesty, in all honesty when the East Coast was running ship, when the East Coast had it, I feel like people like e FN. It feels like not EFN, not FN, but people I'm not serious. Let me be serious for a second. I feel like people like EFN. There's a lot of people. This is people who come on here, like when the East Coast had it. They didn't like it. They didn't like it, they didn't like arrogance. Still like, Man, the way you're explaining this is.
Speaker 3: Completely You explained how how I want I should be explaining what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: The way you're explaining is not the way I articulate what I'm said. Look, look you tell me howiculated you know you. I'm just saying you you guys saying this translate we lost it, we lost it, you got it.
Speaker 1: Translations Translations before like in the in the nineties, anywhere you went outside of New York, you were here. You were here, Chicago music mixed with the hottest ship.
Speaker 2: In New York, right, La music, mostly La mixed with Right.
Speaker 1: I can tell you I called that a couple of times up here. Once New York radio started playing all South shit and boom everything else, it took the whole New York market out of the whole mix everything.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 1: As they was playing more of outside music everywhere I go, Like I said, even Cali, Cali, you'll go here Cali artists right now you never heard before. But it's mixed in with East Coast shit as well. But they playing more Cali stuff down South Georgia. You hear more the South shit mixed in. You go off to New York, they playing all fucking South shit, motherfucking shit, and a minute number of New York artists or East Coast regional artists.
Speaker 2: So that's the problem.
Speaker 4: But what he's saying that I've tried to I'm saying, you motherfucker did it. What I said is that in the in let's just say, when hip hop is starting to take the industry by store, the industry the music industry of hip hop is centralizing New York. So they were, in a sense, the gatekeepers and the people that worked there were New York centric. So if it wasn't sounding or looking like New York, they didn't sign it, and they didn't they didn't put it out, they didn't market, and that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Well, he said that the translation I agree, yeah, you agree with me translation which included Jersey. That's what I'm saying. You got excluded Jersey with us was with us.
Speaker 2: It took him a lot of work. He was right, and and Redman had to have a New York click.
Speaker 1: Depth jam death squads every Jersey. The person said the same thing, but you you was correct as far as Motherfuckers was like, oh New York ain't hitting like that no more. In our reason, we're gonna play the majority. I should install him out, all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, because I remember at one time I used to go to Minnesota and all I heard was New York.
Speaker 1: Like I would go, I would go anywhere, and the whole hip hooet. Let me just tell you saying that ship looked up to you that you was hearing the shit in New York. The artists came out okay, and they said it wasn't playing New York.
Speaker 2: He gain't in the stations in the hotel again.
Speaker 1: Point it is the cheeko. Anywhere I went, I could just say it's Brooklyn. People will go crazy.
Speaker 2: That's what that was. What was corny?
Speaker 1: What they did? What Hammer put on the.
Speaker 2: You ain't hitting in New York. Hammer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Remember he was living all over the world. It was all over the Literally, he was saying, fuck New York. He was. I did, but I didn't realize that was this.
Speaker 2: Oh hell, we here on New York him.
Speaker 1: He was on left and Ryan, Yeah, he deserves it. Your hand, we need you on drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go there. Holy Ship, water bell Break Yeah, Holy Ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In fact, so it's Notaty gonna do another album.
Speaker 2: I mean not in the near future. But I'll never say never than nothing.
Speaker 1: But it's like now, I wanted to do albums consecutively every year, no matter what.
Speaker 2: But at our.
Speaker 1: Hottest, like we were on the road for like two years, so it was like it wasn't like a road studio and all that, you know, So I understood, but after the fact, it's like, yo, I'm you.
Speaker 2: Know you cant to just say that, You should just say you was on the road for two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When we came out, we was doing two and three shows a night.
Speaker 1: I mean we did the Apollo Theater three times in one day, a seven o'clock show, on a nine o'clock show, an eleven o'clock show, and we thought the balconies was gonna bust out. Oh p p jump shure shure. Motherfuckers. Jumping nigga felt like an earthquake. I know it came on a Rickter scale, but holy shit. Yeah, yeah, facts, goddamn it. Man. Yeah, movies, movies, acting, modeling, A model for Tommy Hill figure for years.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, Tommy Hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andy, love you Tommy and Andy. They signed off from Big Bags for me. I love them Aaliyah, We was Miley, Kate Moss.
Speaker 2: All of us.
Speaker 1: Damn you and you knew all these motherfuckers. Hell yeah, God, damn hell, motherfucker superstar Frans motherfuckulation. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 3: We spoke about let me let me, let me let me do a little twist that same question I asked you earlier, what are some some things did you miss about jam Master J?
Speaker 1: Jam Master J.
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 1: It's just y'all understand when DJing came to the forefront as far or really with the thanks of run DMC, because like and the era, because artists, you used to make records about DJs. It's my dj M. And when Jam was cutting then when you see him live and he really was cutting in Yo, it was crazy. I missed that element of him because he was producing and doing and and but we'll talk about crazy ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, running running over here did go over here?
Speaker 1: Jay was with the niggas, Like Jay is saying he's smoking you know what I mean, he's smoking anything. So we used to talk about aliens. Do we think like it's funny because we were talking about troop of Cobbra. Do we believe like aliens?
Speaker 3: I believe the troop of Coppin. I don't believe it aliens, but I believe aliens too.
Speaker 1: So we had the conversation Jay used to I used to love because he thought like I thought.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was like, tell him that ship again.
Speaker 1: Trust I'm like, yo, y'all think out of the whole universe and gallaxies, we just planet right here.
Speaker 11: All these billions of planets ain't no motherfuckers smart talking to each other like us, or I can go to a planet near them or something or way advancing us.
Speaker 1: We on our dig that much out of the whole universal planets in the galaxies, were the only one.
Speaker 2: And I said, he said, so where you think they fun? Trust? I said, I think a lot of them is already here.
Speaker 1: They underwater so deep they just fly up coming outano like they in the planet. They are coming out of the planet and they way more. But you'll be like, yo, trust you and gmsd Yo. We used to be talking about other ship. We had good weed. Nigga like, yeah, spoke spoke talking about playing it. Motherfucker. All planets and aliens now everything you my immigrants nigga. You know Nigga said that has we talked about planets and extra terrestrial et Nigga, So.
Speaker 3: Let me fill up that question on you one more time. What is something you missed about big pun Big Pun Yo.
Speaker 2: This nigga.
Speaker 1: Just how he raised the fucking bar on lyrics like this nigga was saying something and the nigga was so fucking big.
Speaker 2: He nigga, he he mastered.
Speaker 1: Breathing in between his lyrics, where once he put his ad libs and stuff.
Speaker 2: You can't hear it.
Speaker 1: He couldn't even sit in the chairs. Yeah, he'll fall aship like right, and then he was lay the lyrics on the couch, come right back in and you and what he putting on you Like, what the fuck? This nigga is amazing that in the middle of literally that we would do.
Speaker 2: Some little men who didn't do I'm like, nigga, I'm writing the nights nigga.
Speaker 1: This nigga here got me.
Speaker 2: I got to get better.
Speaker 1: This nigga is like the lyrics like and then he he harmonized the thing with hip hop. You you never had to be no singer and Uncle res in PA's uncle biz shows you that you killed the O d B to sometimes any of us, I can't hold a no TJ Swan we're talking about we're not going.
Speaker 2: So I think that he was the first one their No, he didn't no order soon that.
Speaker 1: Was that is real, not no sing like you.
Speaker 2: On all the hooks. Let me ask you this though.
Speaker 1: He caught that.
Speaker 3: He's out yet, Okay, Tupac Loyal to the Game featuring you what's that above the rim sound track?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How did that record? Come about just in the studio high but like this unique studio for some reason.
Speaker 2: No, the funny thing is me and Poc.
Speaker 1: We got records like all over the country, like where they're at and who owns them now or have them?
Speaker 2: Like the studios we used to go and just get in motherfucker's studio.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like you get a hard drive back then and you exchange numbers and then. But if niggas numbers changed, we did a million songs. But that deadly finit it's.
Speaker 4: Like the.
Speaker 1: You know how you record now and somebody could be in Miami because YO want it. You had to be in a studio say it all the time. That's why.
Speaker 2: The thing is you writing your ship while you're hearing other niggas right there and you and that energy there.
Speaker 1: So it was basically just a record niggas get on there and just try to out round the next nigger nigga like.
Speaker 2: But this is you park though. Yeah, but we were like this he looking at you, I'll go over to motherfucker. I look at his fat like I ain't gonna know how he flowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm right, I can let him see my fat. Yeah yeah, we can't read is like hieroglyphics and ship.
Speaker 1: You know, it's scary. Only person that read my fucking ship read my writing Kanye West.
Speaker 2: Kanye, he read my ship perfect.
Speaker 1: Like I had a rhyme in my thing and we was at Carbone and ready fast. I had no I had a whole rhyme written out, and like I can show you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna look at it. You are going to know how to say it read myself. I was like, oh, get up, pall.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: He's very smart.
Speaker 1: He said that some intelligence ship. Let's go to unreal niggas with Redman, Jamal and Scarface. What's y'all in the studio together? Had to be There was no flying this verse into There was no machines like that. So everywhere we would go, it would be straight from whether we're doing the show usually, and it'll be before we do the show because after that ship, we had the party fucking with the bitches. So we do it and then well, really a lot of times we'd be like, we're going to the studio afterwards. There ain't no parties or nothing, because you bring every the party to the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, let me let me ask you a mixtape DJ one do you remember doing? And maybe I'm wrong by year, but the live mixtape, the freestyle you did for that, I don't even remember that.
Speaker 2: You don't remember it? No, God man, your verse on that is bananas. I don't remember. Well, we're gonna have to play it on here.
Speaker 1: We'll play it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Damian Marley featuring you and Bounty Killer, how did that record come about?
Speaker 1: Nigga? We was in Jamaica and kings that what I was what I wanted to know that it actually we went to a tough going studio. The label is the record, label is the studio. The actual was it incense? Burning incense, that's what you call it now? Youngsters? They had they had us. They had us in amazing drag on nigga. We was like doing show out. This had us all and while we was in there, they had the studio. So it was uh ziggy all of them. They had us in a straight gated with the gunment outside of it and then took us to the studio.
Speaker 2: We were in the studio. It was straight.
Speaker 1: It's different than Jamaica garbage bags hefties straight. It's like this brown on the stick, like this this dude garbage bag yards. Don't pass blunts to each other. Everybody got their own spliffing and your your feel me everybody, So motherfucker bags. We just rolling this ship, this brown ass ship like smoke. That motherfucking ship.
Speaker 2: Nig they turned on the beat. It was over done. That's it, that barn.
Speaker 1: What do you need if right now I said you can work with one producer?
Speaker 3: Mm hm, So I want you to pick one producer and then I want you to pick three things that you need to go in the studio and make make a record.
Speaker 2: Right now. Who's that one producer right now? It would probably be Dre. You ever did a joint with Dre?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh no, double lot ma back up being this bis babe Bank with two new caddies and a new grand baby.
Speaker 2: Bank won't do a solo album lesson fucking with Shade Day. Oh yeah, I'll fuck around with So you're fucking around with Dre, that'd be you.
Speaker 1: That'd be my go to go to okay now because he yeah, Because then I know I could really infiltrate and get a song with Eminem too.
Speaker 2: That's my light skinned twin.
Speaker 1: Jesus Joseph, I'm losing my focus hocus pocus. Hold that I brought to guns and roses from Moses following me like Gandhi, Amighty Gandhi, Oni m me with hom Andy, Mommy got Jumanji Ganji. I mean I'm them, I'm that, that's them, and that's that. No wins wins, no bland Man's since the black Blasts. I raised Rookie Posy Klott, no Nookie. We all ball on from Jersey. Fuck Snookie. We rock clock with ros Klotts, skin out. That's that'side. Putt bombs on boomerangs and take out the rumor gay lost that see epics. Tanisavo small world. But we'll be giganic. You ain't hard enough to hit win, knockdown, Brett, fight through rain. Here's the perfect packag skin and rappers with my name. And if you can't say hello with the same show, don't sit your r b ass in the same ro ho like Dre. Do some shit on it. I know we'll go.
Speaker 4: So you and m have never worked, nah, and it's crazy because m has that Jersey connection through the outside.
Speaker 2: Is that helped usher men as well?
Speaker 1: Hold on, you're gonna just skip over this.
Speaker 2: You just said Fox.
Speaker 1: LOOKI nah, just cause I was mad at Snooky because she was on Jersey show. She's not from Jersey. But that wasn't why I wasn't mad at her. They asked her one time, Oh, so the Nets are no longer in New Jersey. If Jersey had another team, what would you call them? She said, the Losers. You ain't from Jersey, you can't say ship about So you know that was just a you know, sorry, Yeah it was yeah, fucker.
Speaker 2: She's been a complete avenue. Yeah, yeah, yo, Tretch.
Speaker 1: I'll just telling you, man, our show was about giving people flowers. Man, your icon breaking news, real nigga alert, nigga I got. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanted to tell you, face to face, man, and man, how dope you are, how dope your legacy is, how dope your group legacy is, How how tremendous you could transition and and and and and do you know movies and all this crazy ship that you've been a part of and all this.
Speaker 1: Man, we want to just tell you, as a man, we respect you. You know what I mean. We we honor you, We honor you, and we wanted we wanted to give your.
Speaker 3: Flowers, man, because that's what this is about It takes nothing away from us to tell you how great.
Speaker 2: You are because you are wanted the great you are.
Speaker 3: I can your motherfucking Titanic, your motherfucking you know, all that ship. So you know, I was, I was, so I've seen you. I was like, yo, man, like you know, I want people to know.
Speaker 1: I asked you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, bro, I think it's time you to come back to the show, because you know it's time. And you know, as the show got bigger, it's getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
Speaker 2: It's getting big.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I just want to yeah yeah, but we we want to get it to people that deserve it, man, and you deserve it. Man. I'm so proud of you. And so you know, the continued suss.
Speaker 3: Like I said, man, one of the one of the best things of the night was, you know, I got to see you before, before I got to see you, you know, tear it down, but me seeing college like he went to a little kid move like I never see it's.
Speaker 2: A picture pull up.
Speaker 1: When KG had the house in West Orange and we had Naughty by Nature at the pool, I had the summer parties. Uh nas a z kalid a gang had a picture together.
Speaker 2: But Calid was there. He was looking at the man. He was like and looking. He said, I'm going kid here, I said. I looked at him like I know you is yes, and you know why he was callous.
Speaker 3: No, But to see him go back into fan mode like that the other day because he didn't know I was watching him like like he literally said, we was both And then I said hi to him myself. And then you know, I had on the Monico LV jacket that you know, No, you gotta go to Monico to get that, you know what I mean. So then I believe Young him c got off. When Young and s got off, I was like, you know, bust the move. I was sitting there like still open and I'm looking at College because I guess Jamie must have told him. Jamie left Freights have told him like Trech is closing it. So College is sitting there like a real fan.
Speaker 2: He's just like, yo, my god.
Speaker 1: He didn't nothing Like you could have threw popcorn in his face. He wouldn't have moved like. He just stood there and he was just zoned in and he was just watching you. And I'm watching him and to me, that's what passion is. You know what I'm saying, Like all these echoes looking, I'm looking at tone low but rob Base, you see, I'm like me too. That's how I was. Was one of the best records of all time too.
Speaker 2: Well, Robb Rose, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: So dope to see him perform because you know it's it's it's joy hold up it up and pain.
Speaker 1: Shut shine. You're waiting for that. You're waiting for you take two. But then you realize it and it's fifteen twenty minutes. Well you ain't even hearing him song, none of them. And then motherfucker's rocking the crock in the crowd. Bro, it's a difference, like yo, straight up all the tone low wow.
Speaker 2: Man, bring the white girls on stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he was over here, take this out here, like like I was like, oh ship, It's like, you know, it was ill because we were talking, but in between talks, we're like, yeah, Cole Madina going back, what right.
Speaker 2: Like Nigga were watching this year.
Speaker 3: So man, I just want to say, man, I want to think hip hop. Man, I want to think hip hop for you know, saving all of our lives in this room. You know, what I'm saying and being a part of our lives in this room, and you know, for you to you know this, this is the group called the All and they all came out, they all made shaw Yeah they never they came out just just so beautiful. Yes, yes, yeah, that's like because you're a legend, man, You're an icon, and you truly is the person that you know what I mean, has to be saluted man day in and day out. Man and and and for people that don't know, Tretch is a real one. Man, I swear to God man and you know, more time goddamn against Yeah, no, no, you know what, it's the hennessy Tretch I was I was thinking of.
Speaker 1: But you know what rest in peace Tahim. You was a part of Taheem's movie. You iced Tea and standard. Yeah, tell us, tell us about that. How did that man rest in peace? To the peace? QB? Like he was a genius, Like he was going do south Side the series. Like when I first met him, he was so charismatic. He had just did a bid and everything else and he just told me his ideas on what he was doing. And you know, I'm sitting back, I'm like, let me get a email, give me, don't give me the whole script.
Speaker 2: Do you got it?
Speaker 1: Patted? He was like, I said, the first thing you do for you sending anybody giving it to him, email.
Speaker 2: It to yourself. It's a record.
Speaker 1: You had a whole script back, that's poor man's copyright. So from that, and when we said email it to yourself, you got it. Postmart If y'all get an idea of something, email it to the other of the actual pep. It's before you foul off or lead the copyright. That's then the cruise that you had that niggas stole that shit from us, you know, hey me So yeah, So we just talked like that. He was like, yeah, I'm doing the move. And I said, he saved me a role when I'm feeling the motherfucker, I'm like, save me. And Ryan asked, have whatever the budget. So when you have low budget stuff of films, not even low fifty hundred thousand, that's a nice budget, but to pay everybody and do everything, I just say, give me a producer's credit and a few dollars bow and I'm promoted and do all that. And you know it's like us, like y'all doing y'all ride with each other, y'all work together. You get the cameras like a crew, like we're gonna get more moves.
Speaker 2: To make it pop up.
Speaker 1: So that's what happened when you were yeah, yeah, yeah, he was Yo.
Speaker 2: He Ice came on. You know Ice.
Speaker 1: He been twenty three years in Little Norton even acting anything. So usually you have a slate. It goes like stop boom says you feel me. You got so much ship, you gotta track it through the numbers on the slate. So Todd just called accent. I used to be like, before we go, what the fuck is the slate? Like, I'm like.
Speaker 2: This nigga, tie, I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 1: But he was like, oh, if I tell him, I'm like, I did something that nigga that should be flawless sound. However, he done it without a slate on his ships. Tod got all that ship, the lighting, the boom. He did a bid. When I met him, he was home. He's like, yo, I gotta I read the script. I'm like, nigga, I'm in man. That motherfucker produced, Rip wrote directed every ad started at like that's a different level of talent.
Speaker 3: Recipe man also big up, my man, Jay Rock. They just dropped the book called Life in QB. You know what I mean, hard copies and solt copies, you know what I mean. So but yeah, man tratch Man, Yo, Man, love you, my brother.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you. Please man, y'all.
Speaker 4: My god, take a click and some drop to Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production and association with Interval Presents, hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 1: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real.
Speaker 4: Norriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 1: M