Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Free and it's Slice Time for episode to eighty five of the Brooklyn Boys podcast Scary and Brody and Brody and Scary. If you're the first time listening right now, this is not the main podcast. Yeah, this is the side This is the side show. This is where we take the feedback from the main episode. The ability this is Yeah, this is where you the slices, and by slices, we mean the fans of our of our podcast get to give their thoughts, comments, opinions, and humor back to us about what they heard. But only if you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, because that is the only app that's available that you can actually leave a Slice Time comment like.
Speaker 4: You're about to hear so, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: You pressed a talkback button on that microphone there, and uh, fire away and Brody. We've been away for a week or so, so we've got a lot of them stacking up you.
Speaker 4: You've been away. You've been away.
Speaker 3: We'll talk more about that on episode two eighty six of the Brooklyn Boys. But you had a nice vacation and that's why Slice Time is not right after the episode that we did. But thank you all for leaving voicemails. I've got quality content for that episode.
Speaker 4: Oh can't wait.
Speaker 3: By the way, I didn't really expect to see your dad in Espeedo. That was a little shocking, Yeah, wasn't it. But not only did you look at it, you zoomed in. I didn't have to. My god, you don't get that from your dad from what I've heard. All right, I can already tell you're on a delay. This is already kicking off wonderfully. Well, then fix your damn system. It's not my system, it's your upload and download speeds. Hey that wi fi bill there, bro, I just I just got my Wifi's fine? What are you talking about? Okay, all right, let's see if let's see if you have a delayed reaction to these Slice time talkbacks.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, is Danny Fromjerry City, first time talk back, a long time listener. This ain't about the last episode. This defense on my boy scary. I picked up on something from the Big Show. I got to bring up the Olivia Rodrigo shit again. Everyone gave shit about everyone gave scary shit about this crush on Olivia Rodrigo scary youth four nine at the time.
Speaker 6: That's a twenty nine year difference.
Speaker 3: Keep it in mind, twenty.
Speaker 7: Nine years now.
Speaker 5: The other day on the Big Show, I hear certain someone I ain't no snakes mantionin Shack saying ice spice looks fine as fuck. Danny again here, and then they added something along the lines of, hmm, I wonder what could happen there? Shack is fifty one nice spice of twenty seven. That's a twenty seven year difference. Fucking twenty and not a single fucking person mentioned any comment about that. Man, Go fucking out of here, Scary you crush on whoever the fuck you want to crush on Slice for life, baby Browdy, you cool as hell too.
Speaker 8: He put the good fucking work.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll say this, uh yeah.
Speaker 3: It always, for whatever reason, is a double edged sword. Like I could say one thing and then double standard or double standard, but also in both it's actually both terms applied. No, no, well, I mean because if I say one thing that I get a different consequence.
Speaker 4: The point is, in this.
Speaker 3: Case, Rodrigo is twenty one, I Spice is twenty seven. Doesn't matter age gaps tend to age gaps fade away the older you get. Don't know, Yeah, but but they're both there Botho just started going, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Olivia Rodrigo, believe you.
Speaker 3: They Rigo's not sixteen, she's twenty one.
Speaker 4: No, but she's living with her parents.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go knock on her door and go, mister Rodrigo, he gonna pick up your daughter. Ice Spice is twenty seven, and that's the issue. The issue isn't how much old is it Shaquille who's dating Ice Spice?
Speaker 4: Sack Jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody commented he's an adult. She's an adult. Overy Drigo's like he's a kid watching Disney Channel. I mean, twenty one is not a kid, all right. We compared to Scary who's like seventy, but no one called him out for being creepy. That's not creepy. He's fifteen to nine. Listen, So what Elvis and his husband and his husband are like a little difference of age, but that's canpy, So then they can. I shouldn't be and Alex as an adult, I shouldn't be deemed creepy for crushing on Olivia Rodrigo. If you crushed on Ice, Spice, you wouldn't be creepy. But I'm not fifty nine. I'm fifty. But it's not the issue that you have fifty, it's that she's twenty one.
Speaker 4: See we're already getting into it.
Speaker 3: No, Scary, you lived at home till you are twenty five, four years before you moved out.
Speaker 4: Should you be dating a fifty year old?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, no stat.
Speaker 6: It here again.
Speaker 7: I got one more thing.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I missed an episode or what, but I could have sworn you guys promised that Spruce would be on on the next episode, and then when that episode came, y'all said.
Speaker 6: He was going to be on the next episode? Is Pruce?
Speaker 4: I hope I missed an episode that was brody, over promising and under delivering.
Speaker 3: I go to the next call.
Speaker 10: Here we go, scary and brody, brody and scary. It's Deaz from CT. Just try to let you guys know that I'm in the Facebook group of slices and it took it upon myself to do an unofficial slice pull of the slices that decided that they would answer this question about the personalized merch. So sixty five percent of the people said yes, twenty two percent said no, and thirteen percent agreed that Brody was correct in that it should be a little bit more expensive if it was personalized. Hey, guys, it's dead again. Thirty seconds is not enough time. I talk fast and loud. I'm a tie and I'm from Connecticut. It's a bad combination already.
Speaker 4: Ways a second, thirty seconds.
Speaker 10: Not enough time. Brody, just want to tell you that this sounds so clear. And Chris, because I am an Android user, fuck my phones, don't care.
Speaker 4: Does it matter?
Speaker 10: Sorry, Scary anyways, much love to you, guys. I knew that Scary would not remember about this poll that I took and sent him the results on Instagram because I know he's spending time with his dad and that's important. Talk soon, guys, much love.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Fuck Deil.
Speaker 3: All right, so then let's just say, let's put it out there right now. We are gonna take one trip out to merch Matt all the way the fuck out at like the lighthouse at the end of Staton of Long Island. It's so far out it's almost Canada. Yeah, that's how far out the tip is. We're almost hitting Nova Scotia. We might we might have to rent a hotel room for the night. So get your merch orders in right now, Brooklyn Boys dot big Cartel dot com. That's Brooklyn Boys. Do pick uptil dot com all right, And if you want us to put your name in there, we'll put your name, all right, We'll do that to an extra extra thing extra if Matt set it up that you can put your name yet well, yeah, in the common field, you could write what you want. What I'm saying, I'm not going to write a novel, but we'll we'll address it to you being like hey still yeah, Hey, Dez loves scary.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, Brody, wow, I can't believe.
Speaker 10: You have my idea of you being on Practical Jokers as the writer.
Speaker 6: That is crazy.
Speaker 7: I can't believe you didn't get it.
Speaker 6: That shower has no idea what he or she was thinking.
Speaker 2: You would be so.
Speaker 11: Perfect on that.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: We got to get you back on there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The funny thing was, at the time of the interview, the director was the guy who directed our TV show Scary Phoned. Yeah, and the guys I'm friends with all the guys on Impractical Jokers. I've done improv for years. It was a perfect fit. But it wasn't nothing but love for those guys, nothing but love. I'm still available way they want me.
Speaker 12: Now, Brody, I don't know why you think it's so unrealistic that they could be rigged that if Tail showed up the Chiefs would win. I mean, they were never going to win a super Bowl if she didn't show up. How many super Bowls have they won in the past two? I mean without Taylor, how would they ever win? It's not that they have, you know, one of the best quarterbacks ever. That's right, how are they ever going to win if she didn't show up?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Hall of Fame plan? Thank you for the tongue in cheek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the best coaches of all time. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 7: Good afternoon. This is Chad from Omaha.
Speaker 13: I find it very disturbing and said that Scary found great joy that medline from Omaha wants to f me up. In the words of Marvin the Martian, that makes me very angry.
Speaker 14: It's always going to be brody with Scary, that's right. I don't don't with me.
Speaker 4: That's terrible. That's a demotion.
Speaker 3: Next time, before you know, it'll be Brody featuring Scary Yeah.
Speaker 15: Chad from Omaha and it's always gonna be Brody right, Scary Brody. My head off to you, sir, for you did the correct thing by giving up your seat on that train to the lady. Mama Brody would be very very proud of you for the lady that gives you think kind. That seems like something that Madeline from Omaha would do once her medication starts wearing off, or if she's not getting walked through the tulips on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: Wow, we have a real few going on amongst decics from the Omaha Fight.
Speaker 16: Hey, slice for life here, Brody and Scary Scary is okay paying for one third when he's part of one fifth when it comes to spending money, but it worked, will complain when coworkers get extra days off because they have stuff for their kids and he doesn't have any.
Speaker 3: She's got you there, yeah, but there are two different things. Yes, but she still got you. But there's come on her side. Even though she didn't say her name, I'm on her side.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I have problems with people with days off. I'm just saying the people that never complain and never need days off. You should get extra days off or you should get the right I'm not taking my child didn't have a big day to day day off day.
Speaker 4: You want credit for that, Well, I don't.
Speaker 3: Have kids, right, and it's somebody at somebody's choice to have kids, right choice.
Speaker 4: Smoke smokers get smoke breaks. You don't get we did.
Speaker 3: We covered that on the podcastler. My point is, well, guess what they get all that extra love, the honor of muffins with mommy day. I want to get an extra day off. I want to be compensated. Yeah, it's the same thing about giving wedding gifts. Might spend my whole life out thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars giving wedding gives to other people because they made a life choice to get married. I decided not to get married, and I never get any any gifts back.
Speaker 2: Any money.
Speaker 3: That's what your gift is. Here's what your gift. What gift is. Your gift is you never have to pay college tuition for any kids. Your gift is you put the glasses in whatever cabinet you want, right, right.
Speaker 4: But as you would say with the steak dinner scenario.
Speaker 3: Nobody's yelling at you about that pile of papers behind you on the table. But as you would say in your steak dinner, they need to feel pain on their wallet in reverse, so that doesn't So so you know the same way, money has to come out of my wallet and I.
Speaker 4: Need to feel that answer your question.
Speaker 3: So these people need to pay me back for a scary Jones. Let's call it the anniversary of the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 4: And I want to party, and I want everybody to give me money. You're one hundred scent right. Here's what I'd like you to do.
Speaker 3: Find a kid, adopt like a college age student, pay their tuition. Hold on, and I will give you a breadmakers if you got married, a bread yeah, because that's what you'd get as a gift money or a breadmaker, an ice cream maker.
Speaker 4: I don't give a set of alliances.
Speaker 3: I give cash, all right, you give cash, so I want cash back. Somebody wonder, I wonder if I want you to write down or figure out how many weddings you go to per year. Yeah, then multiply that by the average gift you give, let's say, over the past thirty years. Since you're in your twenties right back when you grew up listening to Nicki Minaj And then see if that's more or less than my three kids college duition's total.
Speaker 4: You know, so I think it would I think it would be come pretty damn close.
Speaker 3: And by the way, yeah, how about I get my money back on all the failed marriages and all the divorces, because then I'll then I would cash it, and then I get sixty percent of my money back.
Speaker 4: Because now you don't have to give adversy. I could buy a house with that money.
Speaker 3: You don't have to buy anniversary gifts now because they don't have any more. Hit the next call.
Speaker 17: Hey, it's Elijah from Finlay, Ohio. I wanted to comment on episode two eighty five on a mistake Scary Maid up. He said a few weeks for the shirts to get to us after they sign him. What he meant to say was a few years, because it's just like the Jingles, it's going to take him a couple of years to actually get him.
Speaker 3: That's not your point. But you know, if Maddy Murch is in charge of the shipping, not Scary exactly.
Speaker 4: Matt Murch's the man.
Speaker 3: All we got to do is schlep our asses out there to make the signatures, and which we will do in a timely fashion and then you'll probably get your shirt within a few days of that. Speaking of Philadelphia, stop sending me fake videos of Philadelphia Eagles fans splashing guys in Jets jerseys. So fake fake fake fake fake fake.
Speaker 18: Hey Brooklyn Boys, rody, scary, scary broody. This is Louis from the Greater Atlanta area.
Speaker 4: Ooh, message for the slices greater.
Speaker 18: He's actually going to play those old jingles as soon as he receives the next money gun. He's actually going to do it. We're so close. Who's going to be the one who finishes it up? So you guys, we're so close. You can keep sending those money guns.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he just totally nailed the people are the scammers? Can I play something for you real quick? And I'll play more of it on the Brooklyn Boys real quick.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Can you hear this?
Speaker 4: Held on?
Speaker 3: Hold on, I can take it of bluetooth on.
Speaker 4: By the way, you mentioned the New York Jets. Just now.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to our Congratulations to our hometown radio station in New York City.
Speaker 4: Q one O four point three. It is the new new radio home of the New.
Speaker 3: York Jets, so starting this season, they will be carrying pre show, the show, the broadcast, and post show wrap up of the Jets, all the Jets games on Q one four point three, and the iHeartRadio app hit the jingle feel like you're somehow getting money from the Jets for plugging that.
Speaker 11: I'm not.
Speaker 19: I'm not.
Speaker 3: There's no jingle there, there's no I'm not sponsoring. What did you want to play? So TikTok it's it's the fourth object scam where they show you a cartoon four and one of them is not in the picture. Right, there's the three of them and they're like, you can't find the fourth object because it's not fuck there. And this I'm gonna say a little bit. I'll play more on the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: Don't worry you, guys, we.
Speaker 20: Will be reviewing it in the in the next couple of seconds. Everybody start screen recording your devices right now, all right, wait, reveal it, go go go go. Yes, all right, guys, quickly before I reveal the answer, everybody right now, everybody right now, okay, hold.
Speaker 3: On, yeah, all right, anyway, when you hear the rest of it on The Brooklyn Boys next episode. I think he done already. Nope, there's a new guy. He's gotta he's got a scam. When he's about to reveal what he does, uh the fourth object, he's got a scam. And what he did was he did the scam and then I then he popped up on another feed with a different screen name and then did the scam again, acting like he hadn't just done it.
Speaker 4: Correct. So I'll reveal all that on twenty six. I love that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, go ahead, Andrew state New York here, sec. We need some back a backstory for the gift card if you have one. Did they use the entire gift card or did they ask for the gift card back knowing that they had extra credit on it, because that's the only reason I would say it would be fucked up. Part two coming up Part two, Or they was there a tip that they didn't leave or did they include the tip with that gift card, because maybe that would be fucked up. Or like Brody says, if they added a bunch of extra ship that normally wouldn't have gotten, that would be fucked up. But I don't be an issue using a gift card. I mean, thank you. Half the time you get a gift card, you forget you got it, or expires or whatever else. So I just didn't It doesn't really make sense.
Speaker 4: Well no, what I'm what I'm saying is story real quick. Two couples.
Speaker 3: Two couples went out to dinner. One couple had a gift card. So at the end of the dinner, the couple one of the couples paid for their dinner at the gift card. But my issue with that is that don't use the gift card in front of the other couple either. If you're gonna present the gift card, then at that point it should become community gift card.
Speaker 4: Everybody shares the bill.
Speaker 3: Because you presented it, or just save it for the next time to two you go out. But no, but don't don't present a gift card and then say I'm getting a free meal here and then you kiss. Not a free meal, it's value. They paid for it. I just think I already had this fight. We already have this fight. That's what the Resa I right, Hey, you know I won't to come on here shot from Omaha, Hey you know I.
Speaker 7: Want to come on here? And say something.
Speaker 9: You know, I wanted to apologize for the day, you know, I called it and I was all messed up. You know, I had a few days off and I got into the Colorado kool aid. Not a puncture by the way, but you know, I apologize, you know, but no, no, don't worry. I was and no way, holy would I drive drunk like that.
Speaker 7: Thank you. That's not safe, not safe at all.
Speaker 8: You're scary.
Speaker 3: Oh that was I think you had like five in a row there. All right, well, thank you, thank you for clarifying there, did it all good?
Speaker 8: Scary and Brody Brody and Scary Scarrody the knee from Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Here, what up?
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, I know you guys don't like when the slices send more than one talkback.
Speaker 11: I love that.
Speaker 8: Here again and say, Brody, that was so so unfortunate that that Geico representative was unfortunately giving you a bad time. It's unfortunate that you had to deal with such incompetent people, you know, it's so so unfortunate, so unfortunate.
Speaker 4: You know, you can really understand.
Speaker 9: So it ain't worth it, guys, if you're to be drinking, you know, no priv call somebody for a ride. Call your mother or your father, your sister, your brother, your neighbor, your mother in law, your dogs, somebody, anybody you can't even get a rancher service.
Speaker 7: Maybe Scary or Brodie.
Speaker 9: They can give you the Rubra account and you know you can help them get.
Speaker 7: A better Ruber rating.
Speaker 9: Just make sure you behave on that Uber ride orl that'll mess up the Ruber rating.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 9: You know I'm sorry man, I had to come back on here and mister Scarriers, I do apologize. Hopefully I didn't not breaking one of your rules, but you know me, I don't give a shit. But anyways, you know, uh, a couple of the girls on the Facebook whip page saying that they want to come over to my ranch. But no, no, I can't have any girls over trench mam wn kill me.
Speaker 7: You'll hang me, murder me. That's a bad idea. Sorry girls, wish I could.
Speaker 4: Sorry girls, he's taken. He's spoken for.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, it's me again.
Speaker 6: Nine.
Speaker 7: No one know what you know me?
Speaker 9: I don't give it shit, you know, hold on, let me take some of my medal in his medicine here.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm ready stand back? Here comes all right?
Speaker 9: The other day I called in and I was all messed up, and you guys thought I was drunk driving, but I wasn't. And then Patrick Mahomes dad caught gets caught trunk driving, and everybody tells them, I hope you're.
Speaker 7: All right now?
Speaker 15: What I want?
Speaker 7: And old?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 9: And hell did we start telling people that got caught for?
Speaker 21: Do you?
Speaker 7: I hope you're all ride bunch of bullshit if he has me. If anything, we should be.
Speaker 9: Happy that they got caught and got taken off the road and we're all right.
Speaker 7: What's next?
Speaker 9: You want Hallmarks to making a special greeting card congratulating.
Speaker 7: Them out on their first to U.
Speaker 9: I why don't we get on my box of chocolates and a free steak dinner?
Speaker 7: Awful? Oh and scary. I'm with that lady in Connecticut.
Speaker 9: This is your weekly reminder to bring the god damn Jingles back.
Speaker 7: I'm tired of this bullshit here.
Speaker 9: You guys are just trying to get another bit that's gonna lest you another ten or fifty years just like them.
Speaker 7: When are you guys resolve that shit? God medicine here.
Speaker 3: Orren from Okay, he's finally done. Maybe not.
Speaker 4: I think the medicine kicked his ass.
Speaker 22: Madeline's medicine born from Florida, Florida again the last time about not saying uh where in an episode I was talking. But in relation to gift cards and spending on like restaurants, it's the same thing as a as a debit card, It's the same thing as anything.
Speaker 6: It's cash.
Speaker 22: I know if they choose to pay with their cash, their credit gift card, that's all that matters.
Speaker 6: Like, that's their money.
Speaker 8: I was always the main continue to be team Brody.
Speaker 3: Now, thank you do it in private. Wait till you go out to dinner, the two of you. Why do you have to show that Team Brody? Don't even show the gift card?
Speaker 22: Hey Warren again from South Florida. Scary what if instead of a gift card, something just gave you two hundred and fifty dollars cash instead? It was like five hours before for your birthday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, before you go to dinner, that's fine.
Speaker 22: Would you then go to the restaurant with everyone saying, Hey, I just got two hundred and fifty dollars for my birthday. Here's the cash, spread it around and then I'll pay for my whatever's left of it on my side of the deal.
Speaker 7: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: No, No, it wouldn't make sense.
Speaker 22: Like I don't understand where the logic is coming from.
Speaker 3: The logic is that it's it's a gift card. It's in a different form, it's in a different format for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: It's just weird. It's weird.
Speaker 3: Plain Why would you? What if it was a Visa gift card? I would just feel bad. I would just feel bad if I if I present a gift card.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're fucked up. Your father wouldn't care. Why should you? Gift card or a Visa gift card is kind of agnostic.
Speaker 4: It's more like cash.
Speaker 3: But for that Chipotle gift card at dinner, that's a problem. If it's a Chipotle gift card at Chipotle, I don't know. I feel weird doing it. It's just me. It's it's just me.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 3: What if you Okay, what if it's a chain that owns like different levels of USA. Okay, we're not going this far in the weeds. It's Landryes. It's a Landry's gift card. No, I think they own seventeen different restaurants on their different names.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like when you.
Speaker 3: Have an old Navy gift card but you shop and set the gap, right, I get right. That's that's weird. Like if you if let's say, Landry's own Chipotle, would you take Landry owns about fifty restaurants that we know that that people just can't say. Give example, if Landry's owned Chipotle and you had a Chipotle gift card and you could use it at Landry's that maybe I wouldn't pull out. I wouldn't pay for my Landries with a Chipotle gift card? Is that fair?
Speaker 4: I guess I'm exhausted the person.
Speaker 23: You got kidnapped by aliens to go hang out with Scary in the Haunted House in Savannah, Georgia, where he learned about all the muscle groups that uh, he hasn't worked out that he's trying to reactivate to be what the fuck the ship in the back of the sword.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 3: It sounds like he just told you your your podcast life story. How do you figure? Well, well, he also included Okay, so he talked about something and then he said something else you did aliens the school that you sold and then he I think he was talking Wait a minute, he was talking about and then he talked about the haunted house in Savannah. Yeah, and then he talked about the school that was left in the back of the uh right, uh the shop right? Yeah, I follow, So he was just he strung it all together, all right, follow the bouncing ball. Scary. Okay, let's bounce into a commercial break. We'll be right back, right, old jingle, old jingle. Well, you're not gonna plain a new one. So I told you I have the jingles. Oh, I can't wait to hear him.
Speaker 6: Okay, the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 16: We will be right back.
Speaker 3: We're continuing with Slice Time. We got about We're about halfway through it. We have a lot. So I think it would be nice if every time you said slice time, you said it the way the jingle singers.
Speaker 7: Sing it slice Time.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little more energy, a little faster, but yeah close.
Speaker 24: Well say scary, Brody, Brody scary to keep it even. But I was listening to the episode about Brody going to the heart doctor this time, it's definitely.
Speaker 6: Brody scary all the way scary.
Speaker 24: Why the fuck would you side with these people? They sound like morons. They go to med school for how long and they don't understand how to interact with patients, or what privacy means, or even how to knock on a fucking door. What's the point in knocking if you're just going to immediately come in? Anyways, longtime listener, keep up the great work. Alan from Florida have a great gay guys.
Speaker 3: Oh that was the echo cardiogram from a couple of months ago.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you?
Speaker 3: I called my actual heart doctor on a couple of days ago. I've been having a pain, not in my heart, a little bit above my heart. And I said to the nurse, Hey, can I the receptionist, Hey, can I speak to doctor so and so. I have a question. I'm having a pain above my heart, not where my heart is, and I'm wondering if it might be related. Just what do you want to do with the phone? I said what I said? Did tell them to call me later? Like all doctors do. I have a question. Just there's nothing you can do on the phone. Why don't you just go to hospital?
Speaker 4: Wow? I was like, are you a doctor?
Speaker 7: So? When? I when?
Speaker 24: When?
Speaker 3: When the head, the head of the department called me, I let her know what had happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what do you want the doctor to call you for?
Speaker 3: Just go to a hospital. She didn't say, like, listen, sir, if it's an emergency, maybe you should see that. She's like, let's he can do if you have the phone, just go to a hospital.
Speaker 24: H Hey, guys, it's Allan again from Florida. Uh.
Speaker 6: Like I said, while.
Speaker 2: Ago Brody scary scary.
Speaker 24: Still kind of pissed off, Like, what the fuck?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 24: Why would you side with the hospital?
Speaker 7: Anyways?
Speaker 25: Good question, maybe a little dumb, you know.
Speaker 6: Why do you call it episode zero?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 24: I mean, if you're gonna put out your first podcast, then wouldn't that be episode number one? Wouldn't episode zero just indicate that there is no podcast anyway? It's always been curious about this. Thanks, guys, keep it up.
Speaker 4: If I may, you go and I'll correct you if you're wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, at the time that we did that episode, we didn't know we were the Brooklyn Boys. It wasn't until the next episode that was the official Brooklyn Boys episode. But that was but the last the episode before it, it was just you and I in the studio and we were it was kind of like the transition episode of from that last podcast, the off air show. It was just you and I, so we made it episode zero because it chronologically it came before number one, and that was kind of launched it on one. But then we'll wait a minute, the last one should count towards our podcast, correct, because it was technically us. That was the first of us, you and I in the studio, so it was that kind of a launch pod cast make any sense, pop like we don't make sense? It fits us.
Speaker 4: That's true as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, for the most part, we uh without pilot episode a lot of times. Yeah, series start with a pilot, then they then they count number one two. It's a prequel. It's a prequel episode. Yeah, yeah, oh what.
Speaker 4: What my SERI just started up? Hey, Siri, stop the fuck was it? I don't know did I say that?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 26: Hey, Rody and Scary Jamie from Queen's here. I want to tell you a quick story. My friend and I literally got free dessert at a restaurant because we joked with the waiter that we can't stand Valentine's Day.
Speaker 27: A waiter agreed, so he brought us out a piece of red velvet cake, said it was on the house. So we got free dessert, literally because we don't like Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: That's cool, nice and red Velvet's the perfect cake to give you for Valentine's Day. He was probably will Red Velvet's pretty much chocolate with red food coloring.
Speaker 4: Could have been trying to pick you up as well.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, He's like, I'll give you a reason to like Valentine's Day.
Speaker 28: He Hello, Scary, This is Ariel from upstate New York. So I just wanted to find out how was your trip to the Dominic Republic. Did I pronounce it right? I'm sorry I didn't to make it. I was just wondering if Robin went with you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, she was in. She was in a couple of pictures.
Speaker 7: Yeah she was.
Speaker 4: She was with me.
Speaker 28: All right, Hello Ariel again from upstate New York. Brody, you suggested that every time Scary slips in one of his sponsors that Scary should pay or something. But what I think should happen is Scary should buy you steak dinner with fresh diet coke every time he slips in a sponsor.
Speaker 3: That this girl she's onto something.
Speaker 4: She's very.
Speaker 28: Hello Brody, I just wanted to say, how dare you give up your seat for no.
Speaker 3: Wait, that was a redo. Oh she was gonna make it. Here she comes again.
Speaker 20: I'm sorry.
Speaker 28: I didn't mean to send that, Brody. I just wanted to say, you used chivalry and how dare you do that? How dare you be nice and give a you're seat for some woman, even if she is four hundred thousand pounds?
Speaker 6: Darius, same on you.
Speaker 28: I'm just joking. By the way, I think you did a really great job, and I think you need an applause.
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Oh applause with David Brody. By the way, is it me? Does Ariel sound really perky and up beat this week?
Speaker 4: I like Ariel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's She's on Jamie from Queen's level right now.
Speaker 4: An applause for Brody.
Speaker 3: Applause, applause, I live they applause. Thanks lady.
Speaker 15: God.
Speaker 4: That was not one of her biggest hits. Sorry, no, we don't.
Speaker 3: It's also not her biggest hit, her migraine commercial. I'm done with it. Yeah, it's on constantly. It's giving me a headache. Okay, moving over, were still studying, Hio. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I made a great joke on the morning show this morning. On the air, No, it was good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, So they were talking about we're talking about songs from twenty five years ago that we played. It was like throwbacks. We were doing a contest. Wait, you're name that song? And then Nate's like, oh my god, because this takes me back to the days of Beaver one oh six and I'm like Beaver one o six in Erie, Pennsylvania, and I'm like Beaver one o six all the damn hits. That's fine. See I thought when you said Beaver one o six, I'm like, that is some old Beaver.
Speaker 4: I don't want any part of that.
Speaker 28: Okay, scary you heard what Brody said. Yes, it's technically your value. So he would accept that if you had a gift card and took him out to buy him a steak dinner. So how about I give you a gift card for two hundred dollars and you take Brody out for one big, huge steak dinner. Well, maybe not two hundred, how about three hundred?
Speaker 4: Check out, mate, check met. Then she's taking me to dinner.
Speaker 3: Nope, nope, I feel pain, just like you said earlier, by your definition, Brody, if she gives me a gift card and I pay for it, at a steak dinner with that gift card.
Speaker 4: Isn't that well, isn't that the same thing?
Speaker 3: It is, as a matter of fact, as a matter of fact, our original steak dinner where they the waiter, the head of the place picked it up, that was house credit. That was basically like a gift card. Right, So by that definition, by that logic, I.
Speaker 4: Gave you your steak dinner.
Speaker 7: End of story.
Speaker 3: I win, no thank you. I owe you nothing. You suffered no pain. Our listener paid for my dinner. The matter, you can use the gift card. It just won't count towards the debt you Why not? Because I felt pain for what I did? You need to feel pain I do. I don't have that credit anymore. I don't have that gift card anymore. It was my gift card, right, I own a gift card.
Speaker 7: You didn't earn.
Speaker 4: It's my money, it's my credit, it's my credit.
Speaker 3: At the next call. See what I'm talking You use it to your advantage when it's when it's I said, you could pull out a gift card. There's nothing wrong with spending it. But when it comes to this specific steak dinner, you need to suffer something, something.
Speaker 28: Okay, I just had a laugh because I'm listening to your podcast and I'm at the part where Scary went out with some friends and the second couple paid with a gift card, and Brody said, that's fucked up because I said it at the same time Brody did. But anyways, Scary, I got to agree, Brody is right, that is really fucked up. Oh, I'm going to continue hold on what's fucked up because the way the first couple should look at it is it doesn't matter how they pay their bill, just as long as the first couple does not have to pay their bill. I think it's wrong, and I think that they have an entitlement issue. It's not their gift card. The gift card was not for the first couple. It was for the second couple, So the first couple has no So the first couple have no right to think that they're entitled to a gift card that was not for them to begin with. And I think how to avoid the issue altogether is when the waiter waitress came up to the table, the second couple should have automatically asked, can we have a separate check. That way, the first couple would not have been.
Speaker 3: No, No, that is not proper etiquette. We don't do separate checks. Why do they everywhere we go outside in New York, New Jersey, the Tri state area, they always do that. You guys want separate checks and they know separate checks is it's awful.
Speaker 4: Don't go out to dinner with me.
Speaker 3: Then we split the bill down the middle by couples.
Speaker 4: If there's three couples, just plit it three ways.
Speaker 3: If you're presenting a gift card that you got on your time, use it on your time. If you're gonna present it to the table, and that goes into kiddy Yeah, everybody gets to benefit everyone's Otherwise you don't get your steak dinner. Speaking of having dinner with Scary, last night, we saw each other at a friend's wake, and we'll talk about more of that on the next episode. So we have a lot to talk about on that. But it's scary, like, Oh, what are you doing later? I go, ah, I'm swamped. I gotta do some stuff with the house. I'm overwhelmed. I got so much work to do. Then like ten minutes, lady goes, oh, yeah, Robin and I going to dinner with a couple of people over here. You want to go with us, I'm like, you already know I can't. You invited me knowing I couldn't, don't, but I wanted to credit. You don't get the credit because I know I caught what you did. You're like, hey, hey, Robin Brody's all fucked up, busy tonight. He can't do shit. He's gotta go right home.
Speaker 4: Hey Broby, want to go to dinner. Oh, it's too bad.
Speaker 3: You would have done was disrupt our fucking happy dinner where we, by the way, split the check down the middle.
Speaker 4: There were five of us and then it.
Speaker 3: Was a byob so I wouldn't be We would have to pay for your drinks. You brought your own liquor, so I would have been fine with that. You would have called up on the appetisers.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, scary.
Speaker 28: I think you have such a kind heart you and I think it's so sweet few that you would share your gift card with your friends when you go out to dinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or I wouldn't present it.
Speaker 28: It's not something that you should feel obligated in doing because it's your money. Somebody gave you a gift, not anybody else. You that includes brody and thank you. The door Dash thing again, if you got credit from door Dash, it's still your money, it's still yours. You don't have to share that with anybody. You keep it for yourself. It's yours.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you again.
Speaker 28: You have a really great card.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And I just think it's a bad look to present it in a in a group setting like that unless you're gonna share it. Her idea was split checks. Here's my idea, don't go out with the pretty couple again.
Speaker 28: Scared back about the couple who paid their portion of the bill with a gift card. It was not tacky, so you say, And it was not a dick move, as you had said on their part.
Speaker 3: All right, the major to make sure.
Speaker 28: Their portion bill was paid. It shouldn't matter how they went about doing it. They did their again, and it just people feel that they're tight.
Speaker 4: That's it. I got to stop. I've never cut one of these guys off. I've never cut you guys off.
Speaker 3: You just encause she's right, no, but.
Speaker 7: I'm not already.
Speaker 4: You said twelve in a row.
Speaker 2: How I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you, but please, we've got to get through these. There's a lot of people are scary, can leave as many as you want. No, I'm just saying it's it's a lot. It's a lot. It's a lot, and I've made your point. I appreciate you taking my side though on the steak dinner, because that is that is very true. You're right Austra gift card.
Speaker 29: By the way, she's not give you a gretting an episode two eighty five where you're talking about somebody using a motorized scooter. I work part time in a retail store where they have motorized scooters, and I know it's only supposed to be used for people who can't walk, but the amount of people that I see who don't need the scooters, teenagers, adults, they use it to play around with, to race against each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very true. It's problem.
Speaker 3: I'm fine with the racing, but it was just one in the back.
Speaker 30: I just want to sit Scary and Brody see from the Bronx. Fuck Brody, steak dinner. You got a steak dinner. You had a free steak dinner. It doesn't matter whether you paid for it or not.
Speaker 3: You got.
Speaker 30: Sick of hearing about the steak dinner already? How long has its fucking been.
Speaker 8: Two three years?
Speaker 30: Shut up about the steak dinner. You got your dinner for free. It doesn't matter how.
Speaker 4: He's paid for.
Speaker 30: It was paid for.
Speaker 4: Shut the fuck up with that, Brody for life. Maybe if I think it should stop.
Speaker 3: It's been twelve years, dinner wants to pay for it, Steve, do just want to hear about it?
Speaker 6: Brody?
Speaker 28: Unfortunately we live on planet idiot, unfortunately, and there's nothing we can unfortunately do about Fortunately.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, thank you.
Speaker 21: Brody, scary scary Brody. It's Alice from Philly. No, a gift card is the same as money. If you take the gift card out of it, would you pay part of their portion of the bill? No, the gift card covers your portion of the bill. That's the same as if you were paying your half. And if they expected you to share that gift card, then they shouldn't have won out to dinner with you in the first place, because they should have been prepared to spend whatever amount of money for their hair to bill.
Speaker 3: I know, I just like thank you, don't present hey say something? Dun't the slice is an get your spare time, then no, they may never go to that restaurant again.
Speaker 19: What's up, Brooklyn boys. DJ Millie here, Episode two eighty five. You guys are still going on about the steak dinner. Listen, I'm Brody, I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to side.
Speaker 11: It's scary.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 19: He did the right thing.
Speaker 6: He still took you out for a steak dinner.
Speaker 11: I would be a.
Speaker 19: Static if I knew somebody at the steakhouse and they end up comping us. I wouldn't take that for granted at all, and I wouldn't say he still owes me one. Your friendship should not be about a monetary value friendship. He would have to pay for something, even though there might have been a monetary value.
Speaker 6: DJ Milly got cut off before I was saying that.
Speaker 19: You know, again, Brody, you know, just because your favorite might have been monetary, I don't think the favor back had to be from scary.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 19: He did the right thing. He took you out for a steak dinner. You guys are good friends. It should never be of a monetary value of who did this for who and who did what? When you guys are close already, that's if you have somebody that owes you a debt and you have to go one for one with them, and that's a different story. All right, guys, have a day, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I just just just to recap real quick.
Speaker 4: There's a man with a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: It was, you know what, it was a favor that that got scared a lot of money but also dinged my career. That's where the pain has to come in for Scary. It's not about the money, it's about the ding.
Speaker 4: He's not done and DJ.
Speaker 19: Millier last one, I had to say something about the lady give me.
Speaker 23: Up the seat.
Speaker 19: I had a situation in my doctor's office where we only have a staff bathroom. Only in our doctor's office in the hallway there is a patient bathroom. There is an elder patient that needed to use the bathroom desperately, like number two was going to explode, and we let him use our staff bathroom.
Speaker 4: Follow me for part two, no Part five.
Speaker 16: To two.
Speaker 19: So after this gentleman exit our staff bathroom, one of our other coworkers had headed in and the whole bathroom stunk up the whole office.
Speaker 4: Of course, it was.
Speaker 19: Absolutely terrible, and I and my coworkers got trouble for it. Through my supervisor that we let the patient use the bathroom. You know, we're trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 6: Yep, yeah, all right, that's.
Speaker 4: By the way he guts.
Speaker 3: Thanks by and my coworkers is actually correct. Well done, sir.
Speaker 31: Thank you Hariel from Upstate New York for the happy birthday wishes. I was born February twenty second. I turn forty four. Yeah, getting old. This is the Jamaica resta Bacon also from Upstate New York and sometimes Sarasota, Florida, all depending on the season.
Speaker 4: Thanks, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 32: All right.
Speaker 33: Hey, Brody Scary Scary Brody MJ FAMNJ the tractor trailer guy. Oh, that was funny you writed him out. He's not from Omaha or wherever the hell he's from, like everything and all this plaice time. It's funny. I really glad you have that segment. It should be a little longer. Yeah, but the jingle thing.
Speaker 25: I think one of the episodes Scary changed top.
Speaker 4: She's about to make it longer from her here we go.
Speaker 33: Okay, en Jay again again. I don't know if it's coming out. It was an episode. I don't know which one it was. Now I got it mixed up, but the jingles had to be brought home, so I think Scary brought him home, but then Brody was asking for them on this particular episode, but then I don't know, Scary kept changing this subject, so then Brody never got.
Speaker 25: A chance to ask him back for the jingles happened?
Speaker 33: Okay, sorry to be a pest again, just double checking if I missed anything.
Speaker 25: Did he ever bring home the jingles?
Speaker 4: I double checking?
Speaker 33: And I love you guys. I love this lifetime because that track the trailer guy's cracking me up. But he's somebody else anyway. I don't know who he is, but he took the good work and you got me cracking up and have a very good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I was going to play the jingles that I brought home here, but she's got two more of these left. Hold on, keep going, so we don't have time.
Speaker 25: I don't know if this is even recording.
Speaker 6: It is a Menja Brody, Scary Scary Brody.
Speaker 25: That stake dinner thing, wasn't that like fourteen years? Isn't a statue limitations?
Speaker 4: Seven years years?
Speaker 33: I don't know. I'm just seven years, which you should then what the heck are we going to talk about on the podcast. We won't be you know, ripping each other about it. Okay, okay, I don't know if it's recording. All right, do the steak dinner your dougie bastard. You have the money, Take Brody, I got it fourteen years ago. I think statute limitations and seven. But take him for the dinner.
Speaker 16: He deserves it.
Speaker 33: I do you guys need you know, you guys need a time to get together, especially what you guys just went through.
Speaker 6: All right, and do it when you do the match merch thing, maybe should.
Speaker 7: Go right, he nailed it.
Speaker 4: That could be the night.
Speaker 3: That could be the night that I use a gift card for a steak dinner. I have a Peter Luger's gift card.
Speaker 7: Do you Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, you do not? Yes?
Speaker 21: I do?
Speaker 4: Wa did you get it? It was given to me. That doesn't matter where I got it from. It's my money, right, just saying the.
Speaker 3: Same, not the same, Yes it is. I need money to come out of your bank account. Double once again, specially double. This is a double edged sword, not a double standard.
Speaker 4: Fucker. Here's a comment from episode number three.
Speaker 34: Hey, it's Lauren from Orlando, Florida. So I decided to go back and listen to and I'm in episode three right now, and Garry is talking about how he understands when Deli's will stop slicing meat at like seven forty five if they close at eight o'clock. And I'm just going back and like, I feel like your mind is really changed. Like going back to that runch episode when you were fifth and you showed up late. I don't know how scary. It seems like you're flip flopping.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: As soon as he said it, I was like, she's gonna reference the brunch.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm like a politician. I'm flip flopping you. You said it episode three. I remember it like it was yesterday that you could clean the slicer and then like no more meet the last fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: We're done. She's right, Oh my god, how mighty have fallen here?
Speaker 6: Brooklyn boys, it's Kitlan from be Sure so. Yes, Luke is my son and Mark is my husband.
Speaker 35: I know there was a little confusion. I look at your father about who that goes Mark? That's my Mark's husband. I love them so much. Anyways, I am almost fully done listening to all your podcasts again.
Speaker 6: For the second time, and God, I'm finishing up. I'm gonna go to another one, all right, keep going.
Speaker 35: Okay, Caitlyn again from be Sure. So I was listening to a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't forgot. I forgot to send a talk back episode two fifty four when Scary was in Paris and he was in that bougie believe it was a bakery, a Jewish or a bakery that has a lot of Jewish attendees, and a.
Speaker 6: Rabbi comes up to Scary, joys are you Jewish? Are you Jewish?
Speaker 21: Correct?
Speaker 6: Me up, dying, laughing, rolling around my car, Love you guys.
Speaker 4: Bye, thank you.
Speaker 3: She's not Jewish. But it was a fun accent.
Speaker 33: There was.
Speaker 32: David Brody bringing cocky insults from incorrect math questions, is fucking classic?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 32: Carry Jones acting like he knows thirty divided by a half fucking classic and Scary, I think you referenced Cocaine's two or three times in this past episode, so it is part of your nyelafe clearly.
Speaker 3: Boys, Scary, No he's talking about He says, you were you made coke references too many times? He thinks, right, No, I understand that, but I don't unerstand the logic. Just because I referenced it doesn't mean I don't I make I make references to Chinese food all the time, and I love Chinese food. I eat it all the time. If by the way, I went to a new Chinese restaurant that was considered the best Chinese restaurant in the county. Uh huh right, it's up near the mall. I'm gonna I'm gonna shame the place I woted. The pan fried noodles Yep, the one time I drop soup? Yep, very disappointed. Oh, not enough sauce to go at all the noodles. I got a bag of noodles left over in the pan fright noodles, and the soup tastes like chicken noodle soup. That's that's that's not one time I dropped. I don't know who's giving this place all these great reviews. Pooh, Time for a wanton mic drop because this is the last, the last one for this episode.
Speaker 11: Let's talk back Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 19: Mike from Wisconsin here, Brody is scary.
Speaker 11: Look, you didn't buy him a fucking skate dinner.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 11: The heavyset lady, this seat is not the same analogy. It would be like if you gave up your seat and.
Speaker 24: Then the owner of the trend coming in and screwing the seat, putting it underneath your ass, and the fat lady sits and falls and each ship analogy.
Speaker 11: If you get the.
Speaker 4: I have a fun steak guard, I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 7: That's the best call.
Speaker 3: Well, that and then the only other ones. I'm glad that was the last one that was. That was tremendous. That was the mic drop moment that we needed. Boom clap sound in my heart. All Right, we'll see you on the Brooking Boys sometime soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very soon.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be very closely.
Speaker 4: Uh released.
Speaker 3: That was a very very long that was lifetime, but we thank you for them. Feedback is always welcome.
Speaker 4: Listen to the jingle singers.
Speaker 2: Reactions this podcas It pends on you, Baby
Speaker 7: Three Dasa