Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg's Jordan Fitzgerald. Jordan, what are you looking at today?
Speaker 3: I mean, Intel's the indisputable story of the day. Shares up as much as twenty seven point seven percent. That's the biggest jump for the stock in today since nineteen eighty seven. Wow, so well before my time. And you know wow, yep, yeah. Intel has brought up semiconductor stocks generally. The Philly Semiconductor Index is at our record high today, but AMD and ARM in particular are underperforming the rest of semiconductor stocks. AMD down five point nine percent and ARM down as much as seven point four percent today. ARM already works pretty closely with Nvidia, so I think traders are a little spooked that that could threaten that partnership, and AMD being such a close rival of both in video and Intel. It seems like in an alternate world, could have benefited from that in video boon. But outside of the tech space, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, if i'm I just think this whole AI spending everything I hear about it, it's just more and more and more dollars, and it seems like there's enough for the AMDs of the world in videos of the world.
Speaker 4: Now the Thai is big enough.
Speaker 2: And now even Intel looks like it's going to get its take.
Speaker 3: I know, even Intel. Interestingly, Intel had that really big drop last August, and finally it took this five million dollar investment from in Video to push it back into that range that we haven't seen in over a year, which also underratedly. I mean, Intel's kind of boosting in video today and video is down big yesterday on that China news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we got Intel a fifty seven percent year to date, fifty two week high for stock at all work.
Speaker 4: Not too bad. I want want to talk restaurants because Dardens having a time of it today. Last night it was done about ten percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most since March twenty twenty two. Soft sales for Olive Garden didn't rise as much as people were hoping. The never Ending Possible does not seem to be the money maker it might have once. Sparently, I think those are free that might be the problem.
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't tell me. Olive Garden's going to start charging for those.
Speaker 3: They did say on their earnings call today that they're making portions smaller and prices might be going up. So if you were an Olive Garden fan, that might be.
Speaker 4: We knew that was going to come to an end at some point because their portions are huge.
Speaker 3: Their portions are huge. I can't say I've been to an Olive Garden in a while, but you know, that's a lot of carbs they put in for you.
Speaker 1: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app MHM.