Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you.
Speaker 1: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, this is Danielle and Tar Productions and I Art Radio Production and we are here with another episode. I am all in.
Speaker 1: Good job, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's weird about Scott and Amy and Suzanne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Scott introducing it exactly.
Speaker 3: So if you guys are wondering what the heck is happening, Tara and I had a little bit of fomo and we felt that we're gonna jump in and do our own little mini mini mini recap. Obviously you heard Susanne, Amy and Scott do their thing the other day, but we were on vacation when unfortunately they recorded. So we have a lot of thoughts and we wanted to give them to you.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, we're not going to go into a full recap, but we're we're going to talk about the big four storylines of this episode, which is obviously Winter, and just dive into our thoughts on those. So just to kind of give you a glimpse as to what's to come, We're gonna talk about Rory and Lane in Paris. We're gonna talk about Laura and Luke, Emily and Laura Lai and then Rory and Logan, in which I have a lot of thoughts about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, question, I had like one note for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well let's we'll save that one. I first want to talk about Rory and Lane slash Paris. Obviously those were her BFFs from the series. Was it just me that, like it was so weak, weird having Rory just run into Paris and run into Lane and just be like, hey, what's up, Oh, you're in town, and just like I don't know, I felt like they were not friends anymore yet at the end of the episode, she was like, it's okay, I'll just crash at Lane's or I'll just crash at Paris's.
Speaker 1: And it's like, the one line that threw me off was wait, do you remember Paris? Right? I'm like, all these years, how can I literally rewound it? Because I was like, there's no way she just said that, like Paris was there since what episode or when she goes to Chilton all the way until the end, and how would Lane forget Paris? Okay, anyone forget Paris?
Speaker 3: And even I think it was Paris. That was telling. When Lorelai and Luke, which we'll get into it, went to her office and they were talking about how Paris said something along the lines of, oh, you know that Rory, it's hard to get hold of her touch or something like that, and it just kind of made me really sad. It just you know, you want it. You want them to be such close friends and stay close friends. And I mean, if you think about it, my best friend from high school we keep in touch every once in a while, but if I ran into her at a market at home, I would be screaming.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, you know no, I'm the same way. I have like my three really good friends from high school and we talk like very couple months. But like you pick back up. It's not like you're like, I don't know, you know what I mean, like those old friends where there's it's like time doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just felt really disingenuous, I get or disingenuine. Yeah, But I I want to talk about Lane, and I also want to talk about Paris and what your initial thoughts are. How did you feel about Lane and where she's at right now.
Speaker 1: I wasn't really surprised. I feel like her storyline. I just felt like the way the series ended, I didn't know if Laane would have like more of a career than than what she had and having her kids. So I think Lane eight years later still like the boys grew up, Like it just made sense to me. I didn't really think, but I like that the bands came back, Like I thought that was cool, and the boys like helping like around the house and setting up the equipment and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you, I kind of. I mean it was to be expected, idn't YEH didn't like, Yeah, that's where Laane's at, That's what's going on. I did like the band getting back together. I thought that was that was cool.
Speaker 1: Did you think that she would have had a different career or had had a different life eight years later?
Speaker 3: No, this was like that was where I thought she was going to be. Yeah, Paris, I I always knew she was going to be a doctor. You know obviously from this series that tracked really well from me. But did we all did you know she would get into like fertility?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I know, but I think, like this is twenty sixteen, so I feel like talking about fertility became more a little bit more of a norm and I think, like I don't know, like I don't really know before that how much research was done with fertility and how much you know, know what I mean, Like, I don't know, yeah, the progress of it. But she always seemed like someone whould be like into like the new medicine. So I wasn't that shocked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's it's it's perfect for her. And and even just how she was talking about fertility, being like here are the candidate, you know, like she was just so pierised. Yeah, And it was probably the one character of this first installment of the movies that was so like when I when I was watching, She'm like, ah, there she is. There, she is, like, we're good, Paris is back. You know. It's the one character character for me that made sense this this movie. I felt like everyone else was just off, Like Rory was off with the whole logan stuff. Luke and Lorelai were weird, and also like we'll get into their storyline in a little bit, Emily was wearing jeans, and we didn't even have Richard obviously he passed away, which is the saddest thing ever, Like in real life he passed away, which was, yeah, watching it now is so so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was you took you kind of took it personally those scenes, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that in a little bit. But but really Paris was kind of the only character for me that tracked, and.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I think with Paris, like I didn't really need a history of what she did over the last years. Like I kind of like that you just were like, all right, well, this is her job, and god knows what she did in between those years. But here we are. When I feel like for Lorelei and Luke specifically, and also Rory's life, it was kind of like you're trying to fill in the gaps, do you get what I'm saying? And Paris's role just like nailed it, Like, Okay, here she is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's move on to Laura, Li and Luke though, because there's a lot of too unpack there with you know, the whole storyline. The one thing I will just to start off this conversation just point out I thought that what Emily said that basically their whole relationship was on lauralized terms, and I wants in a Lorelai it's Lorelei's show.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I thought that was really impactful because there's a lot of truth behind that. It is laurel I's show. It is the world does revolve around her, and especially in that relationship. So Emily kind of confronting Laurelai with that tidbit I thought when I when she said it, I was like, oh, man, that is like a gebel but you're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Yeah, I mean she kind of steers that ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, I mean Emily was not wrong and what she had to say, but I did find it kind of interesting that that made Laura Lie spin into this hole. Oh well, I gotta give Luke a biological child that he that he has had since birth, which does look do I get it that she I think she was doing it more for her to say, I don't want to hold you back from doing this, so like I don't want to tell my conscious that you don't. Yeah, I don't want to have it on my conscious that you don't have a biological child from you know, birth because of me. I think it was more of there was a little self serving like motives behind that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think that also with seeing and this is kind of a stretch, but I just thought of it with you know, Rory's out of the house, and if you think about for Emily, like she's now alone alone, do you think this was laurlized thinking of if God forbid something happens to Luke, Rory's gone, I have someone else, like kind of like empty nester. But she's probably thinking of like like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's probably a stretch, but I don't think so. I don't think so. I just to be completely honest with you and with this whole Lorlied Luke storyline, I did really feel for Luke a lot. And the reason being is Lorelai came to him with this right, which, look, I get it, like if somebody told me that I was holding my husband back from certain things, it would make me really reevaluate a lot of things that I was doing, and you know I would, I would want better for him and us. And so I understand her going to Luke and saying, hey, like, are you sure you don't want a kid? Like Luke's response back, in my opinion, should have been enough for her. He does have a biological child, April is his biological child. Granted, yes, she did not come into his life for the baby years, right, But he has a really strong connection with her now and is really fostering that relationship and is her dad, right, So like he sees that as his kid. He also sees Rory as his kid, and he said that, and he's been there for Rory for all those years. And I know it's different when you know you're actually their parent or their step parent. At the time, he wasn't that, right, he was a Louralave's friend or you know, part of the town that saw her grow up. But in he said he considers her his kid too. So it's like he's not childless. He has two children, and he's happy with that and he loves them and he's fulfilled by that. Now. Granted, like I'm sure would he have wanted a kid, of course maybe he you know, he did say that, right, But it's he's saying he's happy with what he has. And I wish she kind of listened to that instead of like trying to.
Speaker 1: Just push it on him.
Speaker 3: This whole storyline about him having a page.
Speaker 1: You did it shock you that they weren't married? But they're not married.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think that. Yeah, I literally didn't even think about that in my head they're married. They're not married.
Speaker 1: No, they're not married. I completely forgot actually yes and no. It's been a long time since I've seen these, but like, yeah, did you think they would be married?
Speaker 3: I don't know why, And I like, maybe this is I just totally missed it. I thought they were married, but they're not.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: That is hilarious. So they were just I think they've been together for eight years and yeah, basically married, but they're not legally married. But I wonder if that's also with Loralai dealing with the divorce, you know, and Luke dealing with his divorce. Like, I get it. There's a lot of times when people don't like they've been through their marriage and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, we're just happy together. Yeah, it's happy together. We don't need the paperwork. Yeah. But yeah, it was kind of you know, it was very sweet to see Luke so like, it's so happy to be where he is. He has his girl, right, he has Lauraai. He's with Laura LIAI happy about that. And he has his quote unquote two children that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he has a diner. Everything's going well and he loves that town, so.
Speaker 3: He loves he is so happy where everything's looking up for Luke.
Speaker 1: I love the bit where he just kept giving people the wrong WiFi password.
Speaker 3: I know it's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Omen's like capital B like.
Speaker 3: What but but yeah, So, I mean I hated this whole kids storyline thing, and because it's it's pushing something. It's like Emily told Laura li I, like, don't stop Luke or you know, you're you stop Luke from doing all the things he's whatever. Yeah, yeah, and then she took that Obviously personally.
Speaker 1: It's kind of always been LAURAAI though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's she's very self serving in this. She wants to give wants to do this whole kid thing so she doesn't feel bad about herself for not giving him a kid. That's like literally what I took from it. I know that's like really dark of me, but it's kind of like and maybe she's just doing another goodness of her heart to make sure or that Luke doesn't have regrets. But I think a little bit of it has to do with her feeling guilty, yeah, not giving that to him, and she doesn't want to feel that guilt yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, as much as I don't like that storyline, I kind of liked that we got Paris in that. That's the only thing I liked from it. Yeah, so it kind of balanced out for me, like I got Paris's wackiness out of it because it kind of shut down the idea pretty quickly too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Can we talk about their red silk sheets? Lorele and Luke have red silk sheets. I would have never I cannot get that picture out of my head again, like dogs pagallas sheets. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder who decided on that, Like I don't but that is like I.
Speaker 3: Feel like sad sheets. I don't know, like the red silk.
Speaker 1: That's more Laura I and Luke's more of the plaid sheet person.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just it was just weird.
Speaker 1: This is so weird. But speaking this is a little off topic, but speaking of like noticing things, did you notice when Rory goes to the grocery store, there's an entire like freezer of pizza bytes, like top to bottom, it's just it's all. It's like, there's nothing else in that freezer but pizza bytes. And then to the right is all dryers ice cream.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's my type of store.
Speaker 1: I looked over and I was like, pizza, bye pizza, and like all sizes. It was really funny. I don't know why I caught my eye.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious. You're gonna we have to screenshot that toast it funny. All right, Well, I mean, let's move on to Lorlai.
Speaker 1: What did you think of? Okay, I'm gonna ask you, what did you think of what happened at the funeral? Oh? Good lord?
Speaker 4: I mean Lorli I just like she'll never so bad. That was so bad, like so bad.
Speaker 1: And I don't think like what bugged me about it was that she took being drunk as an excuse, like you couldn't just say like like like Emily said, my dad bought me a doll and it made me happy, like just make up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do think it was so bad, and like, yeah, we can all just sit here and speculate like why didn't she just say, oh I love my dad, you know, or whatever, like why didn't she do the right thing? But I also think there is a lot and I'm not giving her an excuse at all, because was she I thought it was so bad, But I think it just Richard was the one thing that held the entire family together, like truly, he was the one thing that he was the bad black pone of the family. And I think a big reason as to why even Richard and Emily came back into Laurli's life was not only because of Rory, but also because of Richard. And I don't think without Richard, even with Rory, I don't think that Emily and Laura I would have a relationship right now. So I think a lot of it. And we all know how much Laura I loves her dad. We know that, Yeah, and she had a really special bond with him, so we all know that she has so much love for him. I think in that moment, all of this bubbled up, like complexity she had in her childhood and like all this trauma and you know, negative association she had of her parents just got the best of her and resurfaced during this like traumatic time in her life. I don't know, I don't know. I can't believe she did that and it was so bad, But I also think that is a person who is hurting really badly, like reliving some trauma that she had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the line where I think it's when they're arguing in the kitchen and she's like, I just lost my husband and she's like, well, I just lost my dad. I was like, ooh, that's like I think that's when it all kind of came around of yes, Emily's hurting, but like Laura doesn't really show she's always hurting. Like she walked around the party talking to like Jason styles, like, you know, she kind of held it together, made sure that Rory was home. She told Luke She'll say, you know what I mean, Like she tried to keep it together. And I think in that moment, that conversation when she said I lost my dad, I was like, yeah, she she just fell apart during that that during that that end of the night with the other guys and Emily.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I also do think that mine is very easy to talk about how crazy her parents are, right, and like, oh, yeah, of course they're going to manipulate you to do this. Of course they're going to manipulate you to do that. Of course they're going to pay for your tuition so that you can do Friday night dinner. Like she is the first one to point out their flaws and also the first one to point out how manipula manipulative they can be. And and you know of the Gilmore you know, holding the Gilmore name up and all the negative things that come along with it. And so but she's but she's not quick to say I love my mom because of this, I love my dad because of this. Like that that does not come naturally to her. No, So I think her first like gut instinct is to go for negative. Yeah, right, Like those are the stories she talks about often and can talk about off didn't and has no problem bringing up. That is how she talks about her parents is all the crazy.
Speaker 1: Shit that they do and looking at them.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and also like how awful they are, you know, Like that's her first thing that she can that she resorts to. So I think when she was put on the spot she's not good at like showing her emotions and like showing her love, especially for her parents, that she resorted to her humor yeah, quote unquote to deflect from her actual hurt. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I when she was bugging Emily about the portrait, I was like, just leave her alone, like it's okay if she messed up the side. It was like a great bit because that was a giant portrait, but it was like, stop, stop taking it out on her, like she's clearly going through it. But then we needed that to get the history of what happened at the funeral.
Speaker 3: I will say I did feel for the real life Lauren Kelly and Alexis during those scenes like that cannot That must have been so hard to do those scenes and know that you're cast me is no longer there, but you're and you are acknowledging that they're no longer there, but it's still not Yeah, I'm sure that was not easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean all the way down to the dinner table and no one can sit in Richard's seat, and I understand that that was always his seat, the head of the other the other end of the table.
Speaker 3: What did you think when Luke tried to sit there and then obviously realized that's the wrong seat but was just standing in.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, Like I think the kirkbit was was funny, but I was like, she literally had no.
Speaker 3: Idea who Kirk was, you know, like, but you're talking about Emily, and but she still let him sit there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just like just someone to pull up a chair and like have him.
Speaker 3: It was just that was louralize that like, Lordal, I don't know that's true. She needs to stand up and be like Kirk, get the hell out of here. My husband's not husband. My boyfriend's sitting down at the table. Or if she's gonna let him sit there, be like babe, sit here, I'll sit on your lap, like you know what I mean. Don't let your husband stand over there in the corner and humiliation with not having it. I keep calling him her husband and he's not her husband. Sorry guys, but her don't you know, let Luke just sit in the corner or stand in the corner and humiliation trying to eat his food. Yeah, and you just sitting down and letting it happen.
Speaker 1: Like he's already like uncomfortable as it is, like just let him get.
Speaker 3: A seat, dudem My husband would have been like peace out, I'm out of here, like oh god, Lorlai loralai, lorli lie. She really bummed me out this episode. She was quite annoying.
Speaker 1: But I know you brought up earlier. But Emma Jeans might have been with also the candies shirt.
Speaker 3: I want to hang out with Emily and Jean jeans. That's all I want to do.
Speaker 1: I just want to.
Speaker 3: Hang out with Emily and jeans so bad.
Speaker 1: I literally googled Candies. I was like, is this bran still alive? Alive? And well we all.
Speaker 3: Had that shirt? All, yeah, we all had that shirt. We all had that those jeans. I think, like, I low key and am Emily and jeans, Like I think that is who I am to my core. I mean even just like the organizing of our house and the Marie condoing.
Speaker 1: Oh did you love the marine condo stuff?
Speaker 3: Because I did that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say to choose you that one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent, Like does this pen bring me joy? Yes, I'm keeping it on my desk.
Speaker 1: The way she looked at the dress and she's like, bring me joy?
Speaker 4: I say what you all will.
Speaker 3: With Emily bean Villain the show, she is my favorite character.
Speaker 1: And I didn't really mind all of the people in the home because at that point she was like, I don't know how to be alone, so the kids running around and the gardener and the pool man and like it was so chaotic. But I kind of liked it.
Speaker 3: I agree, I loved everything about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then what about the end when she's going to therapy and oh.
Speaker 3: Okay that I thought you were gonna talk about the last storyline we were going to talk about. Oh the therapy. I love it. I'm here for it. I want to see Emily and Lorelai and therapy together.
Speaker 1: The way she roped her in though, and I know it was just like hello, like did you not realize?
Speaker 3: But honestly like good because they need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really do.
Speaker 3: If Emily's got a trick her into going to therapy, I'm I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: But the line where Emily was like, oh, like I can't remember where she messed while she's like, oh they had a therapist, there's schizophrenic, and then I was like, oh okay, like goold or something like. I was like, oh my god, you're totally just like the comments you make about your mom. I know, I know, backhandedly.
Speaker 3: The last big pillar of this. Okay, and we're gonna I mean, I there Obviously there's so much of that happened in this movie of the hour and a half long. We just don't want to repeat a lot of what you are, what Scott, Susanna and He already recap, So we're just going through our highlights So the last highlight of this episode and the last pillar is Rory and.
Speaker 1: Logan, which I have to ask when when Rory had that like three minute monologue just sitting on a couch talking, who did you think was in that apartment? Did you know it was Logan?
Speaker 3: I I I had a feeling it was Logan m because of the style of the apartment, like, uh sure, I was like this is very like not modern, but you know, like toity toity, like this is Dean's houses, isn't Jess's like guys elevated and like, you know, cool and sophisticated. So when I saw Logan, I was like ding ding ding. Of course, with Logan, I did not expect him to be the first boyfriend we saw though.
Speaker 1: Oh really okay, yeah I didn't.
Speaker 3: I thought it was gonna be Jess. Like I don't know why I thought. I thought Jess would be the first boyfriend that we saw in the movies, so.
Speaker 1: Like there was a Jess mentioned earlier at the diner, so maybe that's why too.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, prior to even seeing this episode, I thought we would see Jess first. Got it like with something with Luke, you know, like I was like, oh there. I don't know. I just thought we would get jess yirs. I didn't expect Logan to be the first, but I hated it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, this is why I think and this is my take. I'm team jess.
Speaker 2: All the way.
Speaker 3: I know why people hate Logan.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the thing is I think that the movies the revival change people's thought on Logan a little bit, because at the end of the end of the show, you were like, well, they're not together. But like, I don't hate him.
Speaker 3: I loved him. I thought he was great, but.
Speaker 1: Then going into this, You're like, I don't know if I like him much.
Speaker 3: But also I hate Rory more than I hate Logan. True, you know what I mean? Like true, she's the one that has the boyfriend one although she like the fact that you have a boyfriend that you don't remember is your boyfriend is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: An heard, and I know that Scott, Susanne and Amy talked about this, but that was hands down the worst storyline of this. Like I was like, we could have done without this, Like you really don't remember a guy who've been with for two years?
Speaker 3: Two years? Two years in two years?
Speaker 1: Poor boy?
Speaker 3: Like seriously, ill. I hated all of it. I'm like, I don't like that she has a boyfriend. I don't like that she doesn't want to have a boyfriend and keeps saying I need a break up with Paul, doesn't break up with Paul, goes to London, right, they're in London.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she tells Laura that she's saying with someone named Dedie every time she's there.
Speaker 3: No, it's just the shady mcshaterson is so bad, like she Laura, I mean, Rory.
Speaker 1: Is just Yeah, she's lost for sure.
Speaker 3: She's lost. She doesn't keep in touch with her friends. She doesn't tell her friends that she's even going to see like in town. Like the fact that she went back to start Hollow doesn't tell Lane mm hmm. But that's her best friend is weird. And the fact that she's like cheating on this boyfriend that she doesn't even want to have with Logan And it's just like what happens in this apartment stays in this apartment. It's just like, nah, I can't with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's like totally I mean I don't remember right now, like what he's doing, but he's like successful. He's bringing a tie on going to work, like he's going about his life and she's still stuck like in that.
Speaker 3: And this is eight years later, eight years later, and we are it like Rory's worse.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't. I actually would have appreciated if, like, like right after college she had this amazing career or whatever, and then she got like laid off and like then her life crumbled a little bit, because I think like that would have been a little more relatable. But it sounds like this has been her life since graduation, like nothing's changed, Like I would have I would have appreciated, like it's been six months since I haven't had a job and like I'm a little lost, And I think that would have been more relatable than well, I'm taking another interview and you know, it's just weird.
Speaker 3: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's just I wish she would just the whole Paul storylines just stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's stupid, And like I would have loved it more if Rory was in London for work, single and she gave into texting Logan.
Speaker 1: Or ran into him at a at like the same restaurant that she was having.
Speaker 3: And she's just like, hey, I'm here, Do you want to grab dinner?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like a little cheeky, And.
Speaker 3: Then they haven't seen each other in eight years and they just have the best sex of their life that night, like getting drunk and going all over London having I don't know, crazy sex and YadA YadA, Like that would be way better than like this, Like I've been with.
Speaker 1: This guy for two years, You're not gonna like the rest of you have the stuff now, I will say I like walked. Looking back, I actually think that Winter might have been my least favorite of them, except for the Richard storyline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so overall, how many what is this like, your fifth time watching Winter or how many times have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I watched it twice this week, but before that it had been over a year or two since I've watched it, so I haven't watched it as much as this the series.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you think this beween? However many times.
Speaker 1: You've watched let's say three or four? Yeah, okay, your.
Speaker 3: Fourth time watching it? How do you how do you feel?
Speaker 1: I I'm going into it with a different light, I think because we just really analyzed the whole series and I've never analyzed the series that much in my life, like usually it's my fun binge, and there were a lot of things that I wish were different. Like now, I kind of understand for those people who, like, you know, know every little moment, Like I didn't always remember moments from the show, and I think that there were moments I would have changed. But as someone who was so excited for this to come back, when I watched it, like when they dropped those four episodes, it was the most exciting thing ever. Yeah, I'm sure so, I think remembering that it was, I didn't even care what the storylines were at that point. I was like, all my there were people are back on TV together.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But I mean.
Speaker 1: I still enjoyed it. I don't think it was bad. I just think there were things that were like questions I had that had happened, questions about things that had happened over the eight years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. Overall thoughts will give our top two either thoughts or bones to pick. Okay, my first thing is I when I first started watching it and it first started rolling and it was Rory and Laura and the Gizzy bo hmm, I was like, ooh, it's a little bit rocky, like they were just rusty with their dialogue, and they were like trying to go back and forth and go fast and and and I think even Laura I was like, oh, oh, it's great to do that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a second.
Speaker 3: I was just like, it's been a years. It's been eight years. Yeah, So that was number one, but it picked up, It definitely picked up. And then number two is the kind of a bone to pick if Luke has WiFi and oh my god, years later, can we please have cell phone service?
Speaker 1: And stars hollow like yeah, that her running around with the phone in the air. I was like, this is is.
Speaker 3: So annoying, so annoying.
Speaker 1: But they had cell phones at the end of the series. I mean, obviously not a smartphone, but like, but.
Speaker 3: That's my point. It's been eight years, Like you got service.
Speaker 1: It's twenty sixteen, come on, you got service. Yeah. I understand Luke's, like you said, not having Wi Fi because there are places we go now and Wi Fi's password protected.
Speaker 3: But still and also Luke has WiFi, he just doesn't want, you know, Like, so it's like, which is totally fair, That's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my bone to pick is probably the relationship with Lane in Paris. I just didn't like that. I just didn't like what they acted like.
Speaker 3: They were best friends, but they're not. Yeah, you're not best friends.
Speaker 1: You're like, come on, I watched all these years of the show.
Speaker 5: You knew.
Speaker 1: The specific line was, Hey, Lane, you remember Paris dug.
Speaker 3: Of course she remembers, I can't.
Speaker 1: That line was my bone bones pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, well we rate it. Hopefully we didn't bore everyone.
Speaker 1: I hope this is a little bit different of its take.
Speaker 3: I know I haven't listened to to Scott Amy and Susan's.
Speaker 1: I listened to some of it, so they definitely agreed with the cell phone tower, I know that.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully we didn't repeat too much. But but yeah, I mean, let's let's rate it. What would you rate it.
Speaker 1: I'm going going to give it. My measuring stick is Kirk Ubers.
Speaker 3: Oohs, I give it.
Speaker 1: I give it a seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna give it eight out of ten. Red silk sheets.
Speaker 1: You never want to see it.
Speaker 3: I can't get over it. I can't get over it, Jackie. Did they talk about the red silk sheets?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 3: I almost called them Luke Scott Amy and Suzanne talk about it. No, Oh my goodness. Our producer Jackie said they did not.
Speaker 1: Between that and the Pizza Bies.
Speaker 3: It was one thing at the end of that, at the end of Winter, I was like, oh my god, Luke red sheets and lover Light sleep in red silk sheets, and I can't get over it.
Speaker 1: I mean, but then again, like with her house being so oh wait, one more bones to pick that scene when they were when Luke was cooking in Lorelei's kitchen, Yeah, just a little off to me.
Speaker 3: I like Luke and the diner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, just go to the diner side. I understand why to show that they're like more of a family, but I don't know, like Tim more the diner than Lorele's kitchen. And then they like didn't even eat the food eat made, they were eating everything else on the fridge.
Speaker 3: Do we see Jess next episode? Next movie? Is he in spring?
Speaker 1: I don't remember which one he's in.
Speaker 3: I really need Jess back.
Speaker 1: I will say, I'm not spoiling anything, but you'll be happy.
Speaker 3: Oh please, I need him back.
Speaker 1: I just I just remember I was like, oh, that's why I'm team Jess, Like it was very I remember.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait. I'm going to have many thoughts and ideas and opinions.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, last question, did you like that they started started with winter because my first thought was I kind of wish winter was last because of the ice snow, and I wish I started with fall.
Speaker 3: I do like that they started with winter because I wanted to end in fall. And okay, and to me, Gilmore Girls is fall. Yeah, it is the epitome of fall. So I like that they're gonna end on what what Gilmore Girls is?
Speaker 1: That's a really good thing. I was thinking start with fall because I think of fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you're gonna have to end in one.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking that I smell snow and all that, but I guess.
Speaker 3: Fall, the fall is the holidays, right, so like I'm going to end on Thanksgiving. I want to end in Christmas, like I want all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's very fair.
Speaker 3: All right, anyways, all right, guys, well this has been fun. Tara, do you want to sign us off? Give us your best Scott impression?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I did this once and I know I don't remember how I did it. Well, Thanks Danielle, because you're the only one here. Thanks for Scott, to Scott for being on work girls.
Speaker 3: All right, everyone, be safe, send in your postcards, call us.
Speaker 2: G m us.
Speaker 1: You and I Am all.
Speaker 2: In dot.
Speaker 5: Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: Eh