Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Noel. They called me Ben.
Speaker 3: We're joined as always with our super producer Paul Michigan Troll decades. Most importantly, you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It's a interesting time to be alive. There's a lot of scuttle but going on on the surface and in the waves, and indeed in space. We're gonna learn about potassium. We might get some good news about some of our favorite pets. We're gonna have some conversations about Star Wars. I didn't drink a little fago. But before we do any of that, we received, as we mentioned in an earlier episode, this week, we received a lot of fascinating correspondence about chaos in Earth orbit.
Speaker 4: That's right, and this one comes to us from the Cold War Hammer. Let's jump right in. I'd love to hear your commentary on the news that dropped this week that Russia is developing a nuclear capable asat weapon platform. The way in which this is being reported has me sort of scratching my head. Seems like there was an emergency briefing in Washington about it, so that tells me that officials care about it and think that it's an urgent issue. Then John Kirby goes out of his way to make some statements to reassure the public, which I would paraphrase as quote, this technology definitely has not yet been deployed, and this weaponry definitely would not be able to nuke people on Earth. I'm serious, guys, Why would you ever think that the id The idea of using nukes to destroy satellites seems sort of overkilled, doesn't it. Wouldn't that be like using a ten pound sledgehammer to kill an ant I don't get it. Also, thanks to the movie Gravity, we all know that breaking satellites into many tiny pieces that will continue to orbit Earth is generally not a great thing for any nation interested in space operations. So again, why this leads me to a deeper question maybe another time? Is Russia really a relevant threat to Western nations this day and age? The war in Ukraine has shown the world that their military is not the mighty Cold War era behemoth that it used to be. If it was, then that war would have been over many many months ago. And I'm editorializing here like Putin indicated. You know, early on he said it was going to be a one and done, quickie kind of operation. Proof not to be the case. Part of me seriously wonders if our government uses the seventy plus year old notion of Russia as being a super unhinged, dangerous, technologically advanced as a baseline or easy fallback justification for the continued excessive dumping of taxpayer funds into our military a boogeyman. If you will at thirty five's anybody, If you don't end up covering this, please tell Josh and Chuck that they should do a short stuff on asat Technology. If you choose to read this on your podcast, you can refer to me as the Cold War hammer boom, which we did. I think this is just such a great piggyback on the episode that we just did about spy satellites. It came up a little bit THEEA we talked to good Actually, we talked a decent amount about what nukes would do in space, and about how there are a lot of questions around what that behavior might look like. But I think Cold War Hammer raises several really great questions, and I think we should maybe get to them one at a time. What would a quote unquote asat device in space need with nuclear technology? Is that overkill? As as he mentioned, I think the answer is probably yes, it is over kill. Is there a more measured approach to using this technology to interfere and or destroy satellites? That mean you wouldn't cause the kind of space debris that would clog up the works for everybody?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, kinetic satellite anti satellite technology just smash them into each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you'd have the same resulting problem I think.
Speaker 4: With things getting dislodged.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean I want to say, guys, just shut down the ability for that satellite to communicate somehow.
Speaker 3: That's that's a good way. You could silence it. If you can't destroy it. You could also if you could somehow render it incapable of correcting its own orbit, then it would it would drift eventually reached the.
Speaker 2: Okay, just push it right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's the here's like a bully on the playground.
Speaker 3: Here's the proposition though, and this is increasingly we didn't mention this on the episode. This is increasingly what I suspect maybe part of the calculus. And I'm just guessing here. So usually when countries have nuclear capability, whether that's in a submarine like the Ohio class, whether that's in a silo, et cetera, it's not actually meant to be used. It's meant to exist as a deterrence. Therefore, we could say that part of the calculus here, maybe just to have that thing in the sky, let it be known as an open secret that you do have that capability. Now, is that a good idea? I don't think so. But I also, you know, if I were at the table at Moscow, I would say it's not a good idea to invade Ukraine. I'm just saying. Putin doesn't really answer my emails. I don't think he does email.
Speaker 4: I don't think he does email. He's probably still using like some sort of encrypted BlackBerry. So the Kirby in question in a Cold War Hammer's email is John Kirby, the spokesperson for US National Security Council, and he was respond to this briefing that took place. He didn't. There's actually a pretty good Axios article about this by Jacob Knutsen, and he, let's see, in the article, he kind of breaks down the what, when, where, why, and how of it all.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 4: Kirby would not disclose the specific capabilities of the weapon and would not say whether the US has or is developing a defense strategy against it, but some media outlets reported Wednesday that the weapon is quote nuclear capable. However, Kirby didn't confirm if that description applied to the ASAT, but he did note that the term can actually have several meanings, like nuclear submarines, for example, which can launch nuclear weapons and also use nuclear power as a source of propulsion.
Speaker 3: So it's a I mean, it's again it's like the the dual use conundrum, because nuclear capable could also mean that the satellite somehow just has non offensive nuclear capability, right right. And the other thing is, you could, for all the world, you could make it look like you were launching some kind of nuke into space, but it could be a dummy warhead because it'd be very difficult to get in and verify what's actually under the hood, you know. So, I mean, there are calculations to it. There's also this idea of a ticking time bomb. To be clear, as we record right now, the intel is not that this has been launched. The intel is that there is there is significant breakthroughs or steps forward into the ultimate mission of launching something. But it's very I love this point called warhammer because it is it is easy to be hyperbolic about these claims, but it's also unfortunately we have to remember that sometimes these guys are talking to the US public. Often they're talking in a couple of different levels, and a lot of what Kirby is saying is meant to be heard by Moscow and Petersburg.
Speaker 4: Right, like again some of the stuff we were talking about in the Spy Satellite episode, where a lot of this stuff is about optics and about perhaps subterfuge by you know, putting out a release about one thing so that they think that's what's going on, and then there's really other stuff going on behind the scenes or as you said, under the hood.
Speaker 3: And he's not being squirrely for fun. He's not being squarely just for like giggles and pranks. As we've discussed before. Part of the reason they can't say a lot about how they know this stuff is that it's going to compromise how they got it their collection methods. That's right, and unfortunately, and a lot of people don't like to hear this, but it's very very true. Unfortunately, when there was such heavy compromise of intel during the Trump administration, a lot of the old school assets that were already increasingly irrelevant, to be honest with you, were were burned. So now those collection methods are a much higher percentage than previously is now signals intelligence instead of on the ground like human assets, which is overall a good thing for the safety of those people for sure.
Speaker 4: And Kirby also went on to say that the US has known about this weapon for quote many many months, if not a few years, but that in recent weeks the intelligence community has been able to zero in with a bit higher degree of precision in order to assess the ways in which Russia might deploy such a weapon.
Speaker 2: So can we I'm want to stick on nuclear propulsion from yeah, sure, because my mind goes back to twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen when Russia comes out and says, hey, we've got this new type of cruise missile that actually has a nuclear power plant inside it and it can go up to ten times the distance that general cruise missiles could travel because of its power source. And they came out and said that they test did those weapons, at least allegedly, And it feels like maybe they would could be trying the same kind of thing with a rocket or with a system that is meant to be placed in space and then move around like a nuclear submarine. Like they had nuclear powered aircraft in design phase as well as the United States and the.
Speaker 3: US and almost the Russians.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit para.
Speaker 3: The US and the USS are also previously you guys know they launched nuclear powered and nuclear electric powered satellites. That's already been a thing.
Speaker 4: Well, my question though, is if there is a missile the while maybe not carrying a nuclear payload, but does have nuclear technology a board to help with the distance for a thing that's designed to make impact and go boom, wouldn't that also create a nuclear event.
Speaker 2: Unless that's not what it's designed for. Okay, if what if it's closer to the X thirty seven B kind of technology that's meant to have a propulsion system that is long lasting and stable that could stay in orbit for a long long time.
Speaker 3: And also if you are militarily outmatched, you're going to lean harder into the bluffs and many generations. Yeah, I've been in some weird conversations about nuclear capability, and right now the biggest question the West has about Russian nukes is how many actually work, because it's not set it and forget it like that made for TV rotisserie chicken cooker. Sure, yeah, there it is, thank you. It just it takes so much constant maintenance of all these other systems to keep a nuke working just on the surface, just sitting there. So there are serious questions about the deliverables or the capabilities.
Speaker 2: Well, the UK famously in the news this week failed or last week, I guess as you're hearing this failed to try and missile test again.
Speaker 3: The thing people are concerned about and the reason these concerns are valid to some of your questions there, gold Warhammer, it's it's primarily to things. It's the ability to somehow shut down satellite comms, satellite networks, which again is a quick ticket to the dark ages that things go wrong. And secondly related to that, it's what we have talked about the Kessler syndrome. The Kessler syndrome is the feedback loop of space debris. So, like, let's say it doesn't have a nuclear warhead, but it has the ability to switch or reposition itself such that, if it wanted, it could knock the right NRO satellite out of the sky. When it does that, even if it's not nuclear power, it's going to vastly increase the amount of space debris which spreads over time, which poses an existential threat to every other satellite. Yeah, so it's kind of I don't know, it remains to be seen, but I do appreciate Kirby, at least publicly saying guys, don't immediately go to some sci fi nuke from space thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's a scary part to that which they didn't say out loud, which is you don't need a nuclear weapon to screw things up.
Speaker 2: I just got this very clear image in my mind of competing space forces and everybody. The only way to feasibly take action against any enemy combatant satellites or vehicles is to nudge them towards the Earth so that they won't explode, they won't break apart, they will just go into the Earth.
Speaker 4: Change their trajectory.
Speaker 2: It's basically super sophisticated bumper guards that are trying to nudge each other and all the satellites. But what if, like think about that, the endgame of that scenario, one state power is able to in one swoop take out all of the primary let's say NRO satellites or the primary spy satellites that China controls, and they're able to nudge them all down to where nobody really understands what's going on until they realize, oh wait, it's the altitude is falling on like all of our satellites simultaneously, and then it's over and nobody you can't see anything. You're in the dark.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: That is especially given what happened with the AT and T this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's also which now current guests. By the way, just to clear it up for everybody, it's not a solar flare as I really thought for a minute, Yeah, it's it's not. It might be something. It might be a fumble on Cisco's part because they're a huge piece of that infrastructure. But with this, with your idea satellites failing that is the concern. That is why that is why the US and Russian diplomats are currently engaged in what corporate America would call healthy conversations. That's why the Biden administration reached out to India and China and these other world space powers and said, hey, help us stop Russia from deploying or launching whatever this thing may be, because if you game it out to a dystopian level, then what you know is that if satellites go down, or if there is like if you detonated a nuke in space, there's a massive electromagnetic pulse, it'll kill the birds. And so yeah, well I just kidding, I'm the birds of satellites. It'll kill the satellites. And if that happens, then anything that is not what we call a hardened target is basically toast in a very bad, un delicious way. Toasting no better.
Speaker 4: Well, Biden, the Biden administration rather actually, after Russia tested a satellite launch I believe in twenty twenty one, vowed that we would no longer conduct such tests that would add to the space debris problem and also acknowledge that we do have similar asat type weapons to what's being discussed here.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the one thing I do want to. It's a scary thing, but it's necessary to say, if you knew in advance that something like this would happen, you would be able to prepare things a little bit better than your adversaries. And that means then the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king as things go, and in that ensuing chaos, especially given how reliant modern militaries are on this technology, in that ensuing chaos, you could take a don beass. You know, you could get a crimea and you could do it pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: I thought you're making another reference to Boss and Boss. What is it? The two rappers, the British rappers, old guys y?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean also, it's something to think about. We're not saying that's happening, but it is something to keep an eye on, now, is I would say it to the question is a nuclear weapon in space overkill? Yeah? Yeah? Is that the point though?
Speaker 4: Probably? But on the moon though, guys, right, boy, Well, you know one thing we mentioned in the episode we just did on spy satellites is this nineteen sixty seven Outer Space Treaty, and putting a space nuke up there would in fact be a violation of said treaty Russia supposedly is an observance with this treaty And just last thing, Oh no, no, the problem with space chunk is just going to get worse as private industry, you know, continue to launch things into space and it can cause that bumper car problem that you're talking about, Matt, and it could potentially make it prohibitively difficult to launch any kind of satellites into space with predictable outcomes because of how much garbage is just floating around there, and could potentially nudge your stuff off of course, because again because of the conditions of space, a little nudge is all it would take to totally throw everything off kilter and cause it to no longer be effective at what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 2: What's the vocabulary word again, the something effect that you missed, Kessler effect.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's a really solid Oh I was the last thing. I want to hear this from you guys both really quickly before we end the idea of Russia as a boogeyman? Is it is it relevant anymore like it used to be? Are we using it as an excuse to dump taxpayer money into military operations or is there a real threat both.
Speaker 3: You can poortt those like you going to have both of those, because that's something we mentioned at the end of the episode too, like it's quite advantageous for national defense companies to they make money off here.
Speaker 2: The folks are the Project for New American Century lamented the fact that USSR was gone and we needed a new enemy. Back in two thousand and we got one. It was just a morphous and a concept, right terror, Oh what's up?
Speaker 3: Weird on it.
Speaker 2: Apparently, But now we've got two posing potential, like what we call it Hedgemond's I think you're right, Ben is correct, it's both things simultaneous.
Speaker 4: That seems right to me as well. Well, thank you Cold War Hammer for that illuminating email. We're going to take a quick break here worth from our sponsor and then come back with more messages from you.
Speaker 2: And we're back and guys, let's stay in. I guess it's not space, it's this. We're going to talk more aerial things like phenomena. MM let's hear this message. It's a bit long. It's a message from Sergeant Will and this is his theory on the UAP phenomena and it's related. I think to the discussion we're having about nuclear capabilities.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, what's up, Sergeant Will I'm calling up because I wanted to discuss a theory that I that I have. You might sound kind of out there, but if they actually look at it, it's not really that far out there.
Speaker 3: So there was a.
Speaker 5: Documentary where there was a couple of people talking about where UFOs would come down and do specific things to the nuclear weapons that the United States had. The one came down and shut down all the nuclear weapons within the local silo and the secret location, rendering the systems inoperable during that time, and then turning them back on as it flew away. And then another one was from the Global Reconnaissance Office, you know, like the ones that have top secret clients, cosmic cop shacret it see everything that comes from out of space and stuff like that. What they were doing is they were launching a nuclear weapon test, and when they launched the nuclear weapon, the craft failed, so it took off and blew up kind of like a space X explosion type. And then when they looked at the footage to try to figure out what happened, they couldn't see it because it was too fast. But what happened was a small saucer shaped ship came down and Boom hit it with an array from one area. Boom went around it as it was launching to another area, and then Boom a third area and shot a laser at it and then flew away. After that third shot, the warhead was rendered inert and the machine, you know, the rocket was destroyed. So we're talking about our most advanced technology and going into space getting hit by something that can come down orbit it, hit it with laser precision strikes and then fly away. All right, So yes, everyone's gonna say, oh, yes, these are aliens in n DA da da da. For me, that is too specific for these things to come down and focus specifically on nuclear weapons. Even if you have that type of technology, you don't need to worry about nuclear weapons. My opinion on this is that this is a pinnacle technology of the sell warst program that we were working on under Ronaldgreagen. It's an anti nuclear war weapon. So the thing is because the United States is the leading power in the world with regards to nuclear weapons, with Russia in second place, where I don't actually really believe that Russia has a capability that they talk about, so I would consider China more of a threat. China's definitely a threat, but that's a different story. That's a cyber attack hacking type of stuff. But my issue is it's too specific, it's too direct, right, So when these things come down, they are focused specifically on nuclear capabilities, nuclear attacks, or even including nuclear submarines and nuclear aircraft carriers. So if you listen to those guys that saw those things that were, you know, in squads like multiple squadrons off of the coast of California, you know, with the tic Tec fridge, those things were in large numbers tracking our vehicles and then they knew where the rendezvous points were. For that level of intelligence, even if you're an alien species, it's inconceivable that you would first of all understand what we're saying, second of all, know exactly where we're going to be. That is human human intelligence. You couldn't calculate that with math. You couldn't calculate that with just understanding us. So that means that you would need to understand what we're thinking already. These things are mend These things are to make sure that we don't kill ourselves with nuclear fire and The reason that it's top secret is because if we were to reveal that we have machines that can render nuclear weapons that inert, then we lose our advantage as a nuclear power because we're the number one nuclear power in the world. So the leverage that comes with that would be immediately dissolved when the world would realize that we're all completely one hundred percent safe from nuclear war and that nuclear winter and nuclear war is never going to occur. And so that way, we can have our enemies expending ridiculous amounts of money on nuclear weapons. Why would we worry about it, you know, but let them spend their money and let them weaken their economy doing such when we know that we can just completely stop it. You know, we're smart enough to create vehicles and machines that will make sure that the human race continues, even though it looks like a evil empire. That's why we are not really that worried about it. And that's why, you know, we don't really care about proliferation. So, I mean, it's a theory. Splat it that way. It's my theory, and it's my theory based on what I've seen in the world at the capacity of being in top sic of environments. You know what I mean? Right? Then, hope you guys have a good one. You guys are awesome RW Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it makes me think of like stuff you might read about it in like fiction, like dystopian fiction like nineteen eighty four, where you have the threat of the thing that is what you base your entire strategy of control over the people on. And maybe the threat isn't even real, but like we were talking about, even with the Russia thing, it gives you a lot of power to wield over the populace, to have this perceived threat that only we can save you from.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but in this case it's weird because if you go along with Sergeant Will's theory. Thank you so much, Sergeant Will for calling in before before I jump back into this. That was three three minute voicemails that are like scrunched down into.
Speaker 3: Water, and thank you Sergeant Will very much.
Speaker 2: And Sergeant Will, if you are listening back there, I don't remember saying it that way. I tried really hard to make sure I got like exactly what you were saying in there and didn't change what you were saying, but really scrunched it down. But what Sergeant will is saying is that you can't ever let anyone know that you are the source behind this tech if it existed like that to me was mind blowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's I mean, okay, so, yes, there's lots of unpack here, and I'm really glad to thank you for your time, sergeant. So we've talked about some of these things in the past. One of the one of the big questions right at the conundrum of the terrens is maintaining that value and that leverage right that value proposition is that would say, however, there there is something interesting that I'd love to explore, which is the human aspect, of human intelligence aspect. So we know, for instance, like in efforts to stemy nuclear weaponization, we've seen things like Stuck's Net, and Stuck's Net relied on social engineering and relied on human intelligence because those systems were air gaped, so someone had to physically get something like a USB into that computer and hopefully get out, which we're pretty sure they did. But the idea then with human also brings an inherent vulnerability, and that vulnerability increases exacerbates with each new operator you add. So if there is this top secret capability that'll make the world a safer place while also retaining us position is the hedgemon, then you have to be very buttoned up about how anybody involved with that operates, you know, and secrets are tough to keep. So it's if this is true, and this is a fascinating theory. If this is true, one of the first questions would be, how come no one has come forward? How come there has never been a snowden right some as Soulenge purveyor of classified things. Is it just not existing on paper, never on the internet? Just handshaked?
Speaker 2: What if people have, it's just they are not to be believed according to popular or you know. I mean, you hear an outlandish claim from somebody like Bob Bazaar and you're like, oh, that can't be real. There's no way that's real. And there are reasons, as we've talked about on this show that to maybe a question.
Speaker 4: More to say, people closer to the actual source come out and say, wow, maybe there is some credence to that. Then it starts to feel a little more believable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, but anybody who comes out and talks about it, who even testifies the front of Congress, gets put through the ringers when it comes to like their credibility, and I don't know, I just feel like maybe there have been people who have come forward. It's just who is going to.
Speaker 3: Believe and also consider this, like just because So what we're doing here, Sergeant, is we're taking this theory gave us and we're sort of turning it around in a show and tell, just getting a shape of it and a sense of its dimitrions. So lest we sound like we're poopoing it, which I don't think any of us are, I do want to point out this theory, even unproven, is so much more plausible than the idea of extraterrestrials, specifically eliminating nuclear capability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it gives a reason, right, it gives a reason to have to develop that tech and to deploy it.
Speaker 3: And to obscure it. And also all of the pieces described in this I'm holding my hands out here as though it's a physical thing that I'm playing with. All the pieces described here on their own are proven to exist with what exception the nuclear capability. That's the only thing it's really asking us other than the weakness of humans.
Speaker 4: Well, two quick questions. One, is this tech so out of the realm of anything that we fully understand that we wouldn't even know what it might look like like? What would it take to have a tech that could literally counter a nuclear blasts?
Speaker 2: Well, in this case, what is being described again in we have to state this in a documentary that was viewed by Sergeant Will that is then being used to develop this theory, right, which are based on testimonials that we have seen that we we talked with doctor Stephen Greer about the Disclosure Project and some of the officials that made statements in the year two thousand and I think two thousand and one. I think it was two thousand and one because of writer it was two thousand, two thousand and one, and who made disclosures about this exact activity with missile silos being targeted by whatever these things were that disabled nuclear weapons systems, which we.
Speaker 3: Have a video about, we have an episode about, we have video about that just came out on social media.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, yeah, we do. We absolutely do. Go check out Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. I think you can find it on all those places.
Speaker 4: Yeah, conspiracy stuff on YouTube, conspiracy stuff show on TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh shoot, I forgot where I was going here, But the point was.
Speaker 3: The point was the like shutting down this capability, right what that tech would look like as well? Yes, questions.
Speaker 2: So, thinking about drone technology, we know of that the drone technology very well that was deployed with operations in Afghanistan and Iraq in the early two thousands. We know very well the newer drone technology that's coming out. There was a recent statement by somebody that I clocked, but I cannot regurgitate what it was right now. It was about a new type of drone that somebody really high up in defense talked about like, oh, that's just the new class of drones.
Speaker 3: And it came out because it's someone who had served I think in a UAP related field for a while. Yes, and they were saying, look, it's not aliens. We looked into this and this guy is i'll get his name, but this guy is publishing a sort of historic compilation of these activities that he's allowed to speak about now. And he said that the thing that pilots described that looked like roughly like a cube or maybe a dodecahedron or something that was surrounded in a transparent circle. You're saying that's the top level drone right now, because they have they have more maneuverability.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm just remembering when we're talking about the testimony given at Congress where Ryan Graves, somebody who talked with Payne Lindsay on high Strange and somebody that we discussed in the past, that's the type of craft or a very similar description of the craft that he saw, or the people who were working with him gave testimony about yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and oh, we're gonna have to we're gonna have to get this guy's name later, but we definitely both read the same testimony and it is it is true. Look, a lot of times people might think it's a bummer to figure this stuff out, but a lot of these things are mundane. They can be explained by the need to obscure collection methods. They can be explained by the need to keep whatever edge one has over rival military regardless of how.
Speaker 2: Slim dude, let's talk about the SDI, the Strategic Defense Initiative and ballistic missile systems and star wars program that started will match right, it's right, this is nineteen eighty four been working on it for a while. The concept was to use ray guns guys like lasers and other high powered energy weapons to disable nuclear missiles even if like before they've been launched, after they were launched launch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it.
Speaker 2: And again that's why started Will, I think makes such a great point saying this is the Star Wars program in the two thousands.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. Yeah, I mean I do. Again think it's far more plausible than extraterrestrials having like a chip on their shoulder or are in their tentacles specifically about nuclear power. Well, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: No, you keep trying to talk. Wouldn't you test that on yourself before you tested it on an enemy combatants nuclear weapons? Because think about what that if it didn't work and you're targeting your enemy's nukes, about what that could trigger a.
Speaker 4: Massive chain reaction, like in terms of just you know, just mutually assured destruction. But what I was just gonna mention is the thing I said at the top that maybe was jumping the gun a little bit, just the idea of how long the specter of nuclear war has been this thing, you know, for the world, The idea of like what that would be like and how that's where the power actually lies. What would it mean for the nature of warfare and relationships between countries that maybe don't get along so cozally if there were a known technology that would get rid of the specter of this big bad that's been hovering over everything for so.
Speaker 2: Long, then everyone would have to have that technology, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You got to keep up with the Joneses. And also there's the question of how long mad will hold, how long that strategy, that calculation and philosophy will remain relevant because as we speak right now, there are a lot of all right, don't laugh, but this is the real term revolutions and military affairs called rmas. So you'll hear people talking about like, oh, the rmas are coming, there's a you know, it's going to be difficult for NATO and Russia and China in particular. But what they really mean is they're talking in the long term about the evolution of breakthroughs in war. So like gun powder, use of cava, stuff like that. As soon as it became useful for that stuff to be public, as soon as the cost benefit swung just a little, then it instantly went pub that's right. Yeah, So sergent Will is saying, right now, that switch hasn't occurred.
Speaker 2: Sure, but we're on the cusp.
Speaker 4: Probably there is.
Speaker 3: A threat big enough where they say, Okay, we're going to have to rapidly evolve. We're gonna have to shut down MAD. We're gonna have to throw Mad out the window because we have to stop an imminent nuclear disaster. Oh, then that's that's a calculation that people will have to make.
Speaker 4: But this is the anti threat, right, Like, this is the antidote, you know, for this specter that we've been you know, in living in fear of. I mean, think how rarely nuclear bombs have actually been deployed, and yet it creates this boogeyman that we all live in fear of the threat of.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing, Like, when so there is such an enormous cost if such a technology exists. Let's say something terrible goes wrong, Putin is no longer a rational actor and the dead hand system is real, and the US says, well, the only way we can stop this is we shut down all the dead hand nukes, and then everybody knows and then what kind of crazy consequences are we going to face? Because people will say why did you do this for centuries? You know, or fix the tax system, but you can shut down.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Ben, yeah, or you say that it's not yours. Still you say that it's some kind of extraterrestrial force that saved the Earth very X files. No, but but not just X files, like Unite the Earth against whatever the thing is.
Speaker 4: Because that's my point with all this crap that I've been talking. We need that threat to some degree to get rid of that threat. It's such a sea change that it's going to have to be rethought, you know, otherwise where it's everything's going to be out of balance. We need to have a threat.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Ben, I can see that picture so clearly that you just painted with that moment.
Speaker 4: I think that's happened in sci fi there has been like a sort of a false flag and an me like extraterrestrial enemy that turns out wasn't really.
Speaker 2: We always talked about Watchmen. That's what it was.
Speaker 4: Of course, that's what it was. Yes, thank you, that's what it is. No spoilers, I mean you still can no, but that's exactly.
Speaker 2: But that specific moment when the nuke the nukes are being.
Speaker 4: Launched, right and Watchman. It wasn't a false flag. It was a manufactured, actual catastrophe that they then blamed on this thing. But we actually did it ourselves, right, But.
Speaker 2: In this case it would be benevolent forces from elsewhere. I think that's incredible, but it's actually the US military.
Speaker 3: It was the friends we made along the way.
Speaker 2: Right dude, Well, I yes, all right, guys, that's it. Thank you so much, Sergeant Will for sending us those messages. We really love the way you think and the way you speak, and anybody else who has ideas give us a call. Our number is one eight three three std w TK. We'll be right back with more messages from you.
Speaker 3: In return. You can also send us an email directly. We read every single one we get. Conspiracydiheartradio dot com. Let's hold up some examples. Here's one that I thought would be interesting because I hadn't really thought about this, and I don't know if you guys have either. This comes to us from iron Man. Iron Man. I love the way right you say the following. Hi everyone. I know you're aware of the status of American heart health, and I appreciate that you took on Big Sugar a while back that took hutzpah. What I want to offer to you is the opposite side of the same coin potassium. Potassium has been shown in long term studies to have a significant effect on heart health. It's the electrolyte that no one seems to talk about in a meaningful way. Of course, the SAD is high in sodium, and potassium is like the yin to sodium's yang. The great problem studies are showing is not that American sodium levels are so high, but that American potassium levels are so low. So it might be editorializing here, might be looking at the problem from the wrong angle. Iron Man continues, A higher sodium diet is not inherently bad, but it becomes bad without proportionately high potassium levels. The recommended daily allowance or OURDA of potassium is forty seven hundred milligrams. It's believed that less than two percent of Americans meet this number. I want to pause there, because you know, I'm not a great example of an entity taking care of itself. But I've never thought about potassium levels.
Speaker 2: Banana is literally the only thing to hear potassium.
Speaker 3: I think about kazakhstein.
Speaker 4: Because also that it's one of the weirder periodic table symbols. It's k Yeah, nothing to do with potassium. It is probably a reference to its Greek name. Where else do we get potassium in a diet pills? People take supplements for it.
Speaker 3: Oh, we have a we have an answer at the end. Okay, so it's not all bad news. So at the same time, continues iron Man, OTC over the counter potassium supplement regulations are so tight that you cannot get a meaningful supplement in stores. The maximum amount of potassium allowed in an OTC pill is one hundred milligrams, and that's two percent of the recommended daily allowance, So you have to take a lot of them. I did not either. Iron Man says this is due to the adverse effects of high amounts of potassium for people with certain pre existing health issues. While the reasoning for not allowing greater amounts is sound, it exacerbates this problem. People can take whatever multi item and they want, but they'll always be missing out on this one incredibly crucial nutrient. Not only that, but the meaningless potassium supplements they allow to be put on the shelf and sold over the counter trick people into thinking they're meeting their needs. Watch out, big potassium. He's coming for you.
Speaker 2: Iron This is intense.
Speaker 4: This is a lot all dreadfully lacking in potassium.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the source of all our problems.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys, I thought I was just having.
Speaker 3: A terrible time existing. Iron Man, whomever they may be, says, this is terrible, but not all that conspiratorial. That is until you consider the unimaginable amount of money spent on heart related healthcare in the US. I'm sure you've looked in that number, into that number, and it's growing, not shrinking. There is a cosmic level of financial motivation here. Could it be a happy coincidence for the American medical care scamp I mean system? Maybe? Could it be an insanely deadly and wildly profitable conspiracy. Probably either way. I'm writing to you guys because you care about people. It's very kind and about trying to make a difference through the dissemination of important information. Conspiracy or not, this is a PSA that just hasn't gotten out there in a meaningful way. The number of lives that could save is like most of them. Anyways, I hope you all looked into this because you're proven yourselves to be expert level researchers. Love the show. Keep going. Thanks iron Man. Ps at iron Man's opinion. Beans to your question, Matt, are magical. Fruit are the best shot at fixing this. White beans especially what if.
Speaker 4: You're like a good white chili that'll work. Also, other leafy greens like spinach and broccoli apparently contain some amounts of potassium. Also potatoes and the other lentils which I'm a fan of. Legumes. Avocado also is really nice, and of course the humble banana, the humble radioactive banana. I do have beef, and I think we all do. With the American healthcare system, but I will say I get a decent amount of blood work done because of the thyroid condition that I have, so I have to get at my levels checked pretty regularly. And I got a message from my doctor saying that my vitamin D levels were really bad. Yeah, it's probably because I don't go outside enough. But they prescribed me, you know, a prescription level supplements three.
Speaker 2: Thousand I use, how many I don't recall.
Speaker 4: I don't recall, but it is they are monitoring for that kind of strung and I would imagine that if my potassium levels were ridiculously low. They would have said something about that too. Well maybe not.
Speaker 3: Maybe is like order of operations as well. They fix this the D, then the K, and then.
Speaker 2: I see, by the way, by the way p s A. Guys, you know that stands for right Vitamin D Potassium Service Announcement.
Speaker 3: Worth it? Okay, I thought you were going blue. No, I respect it.
Speaker 4: I went blue secretly, subvert covertly.
Speaker 3: So this is the reason I'm sharing this. First off, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this, folks, especially if you're a medical professional. Also want to hear is very important. If you think we should do an episode on supplements, I'm super into it. We may get some feedback, but I think it's okay to come for supplements because it's a very widely unregulated industry. A lot of times people get miserable situations because they have been built by a bad faith actor.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: You know what's interesting too is I have a dear friend who is a lifelong vegan and later in life has started to run into some health issues because you know, you're there's something called like a sugar vegan. They eat a lot of tofu and things like that a lot of starchy kind of things.
Speaker 3: I guess that's also a thing.
Speaker 4: And apparently over time it can really affect things like bone density. It can really affect your health, and problems can emerge despite your best efforts to live a quote unquote healthier lifestyle. So I think that really ties into what you're talking about ben with supplements, where I think you know, people take them not out of like snake oil superstition. Most of the time they're trying to just have a more balanced diet. But there can be issues that arise, and I think the marketing behind it and the math and the science behind it probably very much worth an exploration.
Speaker 2: Is there some isn't there something with supplements like that too that your body doesn't metabolize depending upon Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: They depending on the substance, depending upon the delivery method of the substance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you have to have other things in your like system to break down certain stuff something like that. Yeah, it's so much more complicated than take a pill.
Speaker 3: To be very crass about it. One example for one like dirty don't do drugs kids. Example is the reason that people insulflate cocaine right instead of snort okay, instead of you can't smoke it because it's not soluble, or you.
Speaker 4: Can't like swallow, you can't swallow it, won't do it, yeah, whatever like that. That's the reason crack is a thing because cocaine in its form powder form cannot be smoked, so it has to be bound with whatever, baking soda, whatever. I don't know how to make crack, but there is a reason that that is smokable versus the kind that has to be either injected or insulfatedated.
Speaker 3: Not related, Okay, Yeah, And so the important thing here that we're saying, folks, that you need to understand, and a lot of chemists will confirm this potassium is basically the cocaine of the chemic bioavailability bioavailability as part of it. Yeah, but like the argument has crossed, is the example the analogy holds because of that that method of delivery and digestion is key, and a lot of over the counter supplements.
Speaker 4: Don't take that into account. They don't or at very at least don't share with you the detail.
Speaker 3: And also, of course this is not a ding on anybody who has been taking a supplement felt very strongly about it, and then found the science wasn't there. There are no such thing really as stupid people, and people are given the opportunity to access information and digest it, perhaps dependent upon the method of delivery as well, then they're going to amaze you because people are pretty smart.
Speaker 4: I think that's very magnanimous of you, Ben. I would have to disagree. I think there are such a thing as stupid people, but I do think your point holds true that it is about education, and most people, when given the opportunity to educate themselves, will do so, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like maybe we're looking at again.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, yeah, you're absolutely spot on.
Speaker 3: So let us know your favorite supplement conspiracies, whether they're pro a certain supplement, anti a certain supplement, and if so, why looking forward to those emails. For sure you will probably end up in the show because we're hoping people have a lot of opinions on these. Luckily we ended with some beans and some spinach and stuff.
Speaker 4: Can I just add, really, there is a sort of maybe not a fad diet, but there is a type of diet called a low potassium diet. So there also might be health reasons because of the health individuals.
Speaker 3: Which is why the supplements have to be below a certain amount. So maybe it's a thing where.
Speaker 4: Otherwise they could like kill you or something.
Speaker 3: Not solving it for everybody, right shout out to of course, the the overdoses that scientology makes people take right the nius.
Speaker 2: But then again, guys, I think in the end this is just a sodium conspiracy.
Speaker 4: It's big sodi salts, exalt.
Speaker 2: Let's take them on.
Speaker 3: Speaking of there's while we're while we're guarding ours those for supplement war. Speaking of big salt, there's one last thing I wanted to share here, so you still got a little time, which is a letter from a guy we're gonna call big Shucks. Big Shucks to be clear, did not choose the name. We're giving that to you. It is our gift to you, big shucks, and big Shucks said the following, I, Big Shucks, hence forward with this declaration, irrevocably and perpetually, grant them my unqualified assent say for express stipulations to the contrary, here and after provided to peruse audibly all compositions I direct onto.
Speaker 2: The Okay, so this is permission, this permission.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing you really said. I just like the way he wrote that big shucks, so big Shuck says, just got to say, fellas, everyone will love. This topic a good one to try and get new viewers on. Keep up the good work, my friends. Keep it weird out there. Also do more weird on China. There's a ton out there all the time, and it's looking weird and fascinatings. We're just putting some bleeps in there. But folks, you can tell if you're playing along at home.
Speaker 4: Fashion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what big shucks means this is the news. I thought that's a great one to end on. There is apparently a new drug that is going to extend the life of dogs, and there's another one that will extend the life of cats. So this is one for the animal lovers. Please, of course, always send your pet pictures or, in case of the pictures, conspiracy diheartradio dot com. I think this is kind of good news unless you hate your dog or your cat.
Speaker 2: I think this is amazing news.
Speaker 4: I mean, I sometimes hate my cat. I think we've all been there are kind of a whole Sometimes.
Speaker 3: I thought you were talking about no specifically about your cat, like shrugging and.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, oh no, no, your cats are probably great cats are They can be kind of jerks. They're agents of chaos. I'll take them, Matt. It's a love hate thing. It's fine, it's natural.
Speaker 3: So here's the here's the thing too. Uh. This medicine has been developed, the one for dogs. It's been developed by a veterinary biotech company called Loyal for Dogs. This is coming to us from Science Alert by Carly Cassella from December of last year, so it saw us to go through clinical trials, but it appears to be on the way. The FDA has formerly formally accepted this drug for development, and they believe this thing, which is called l o YDS one. They believe this can be given to dogs as an injection every three to six months by vets once the dogs are seven years of age or old, or as long as they weigh at least forty pounds. It may, especially with larger breeds, help them live much longer, because you know, that's the heartbreaking thing about a lot large dog breeds, like Great Danes, Irish wolfhounds, they burn bright but briefly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and I don't think it's directly proportional to their size and weight when you go down all the way. But it is like smaller dogs live quite a long time, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you hate chaua, well that's fad is because those little guys will stick around forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know the humping' you know exercise.
Speaker 2: Hand nobody, it's really all the shivering.
Speaker 3: It's a continual workout.
Speaker 2: But there's there's just so little body to you know, fuel for so long. And then you have those big animals. I've got medium dogs. Owner what the actual life expects Charlie.
Speaker 4: Is Charlie a big dog or a medium dog? Charlie? Yeah, my dog Charlie medium.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, also check out a brain stuff video I did years ago on the doll human age thing. It's not a one to seven ratio all the time. It does, It evolves and it changes. But there's another question here which I think Big Shucks probably also appreciates. Is it so much about the extension of the lifespan or is it about the extension of the good parts of the lifespan? Humans are running into that right now. Dennis Leary had a great bit on it years ago where he said, look, yes, you could live to one hundred fifty or whatever. If you're human one day in the future, would you want to have the next fifty years just sort of.
Speaker 2: Suck coming up to you after you give a speech to a bunch of people about how you want to still be the president.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we should put.
Speaker 4: That sides of the aisle.
Speaker 3: That's how we were all I've set up before. I strongly believe there should be age limits to high political offices.
Speaker 2: John Stewart had a joke. Do you see him go back on the Daily Show?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen.
Speaker 3: He'szoomed in on his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you say the two this year we're breaking We will break the record for the two oldest candidates running for president, and they're breaking the record that they set last election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's terrible. That's something to let us know about two folks like Honestly, if you want to be a centenarian comptroller, fine, go with God. But if you want to be like president or maybe on Scotis, I don't think it's agis. I don't think it's a hot take to say you should be somewhat representative of the population that you purport to represent.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be smart to age out of a public position like that to where the next generation that's in line would have actual representation.
Speaker 4: Frankly, I think it's by design to keep that next generation from gaining that representation for as long as humanly possible. That's the same with justices and stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a big part of But there's also the in theory we were saying there's a certain amount of time needed to accumulate the experience, the networks and the expertise, but that's clearly not always true. You know. I think that's there's an ulterior motive, and I think that's what you're getting at.
Speaker 2: I think so, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean again, I'm not saying that's the founding father necessarily had in mind, but it doesn't feel like our founding documents are very focused on bringing new ideas into the mix.
Speaker 3: Fathers would be horrified by everything that they did.
Speaker 4: Mean for it to be more malleable than we have allowed it to be, I would.
Speaker 3: Argue, yeah, but they would still they'd be freaking out about television, let alone space. The fel Crow is insane, right.
Speaker 2: You guys, can we do that next video shoot? It's where we're founding Fathers and we're just freaked out.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think about that though with time travelers, like, uh, you know, we always talk about I think it's kind of like a dumb question to say how someone would fare if they went entries back into the past. The answer for the vast majority of humanity is not very well at all.
Speaker 4: Connecticut Yankee is a good example of that in fiction. Was that Twain?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's Twain. But the idea of people traveling forward in time is much more interesting to me because it gives us a fun opportunity to question our assumptions about the past, Like, we don't know what would amaze Thomas Jefferson. He probably have some complicated takes that didn't age well. Yeah, and then you know, think about like if you had never heard of things that we take for granted, how amazed would you be when you when you see them? Like, we don't know what would amaze time travelers. I don't know how I got here from potassium, but.
Speaker 4: Time, so there it is time. Well, I mean, you know, it makes me think of back to the future, too, which I think, you know, one handles the past and two handles the future, and honestly, think they they did a pretty dang good job of presenting the these kind of futuristic things, some of which have very much come to pass. But at the time, Marty McFly is us, you know, and he is like experiencing all this crazy stuff. He's blown away. There's that thing where there's the giant three D shark and he goes to the shark still looks fake.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: As much as things change, they stay the same as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, let's make that video because think about other things, like we're we're saying yes, space, yes, nuclear weapons, and they're the naturally any person who had heard of them before. But I think it's simpler stuff. I think it's the fact that you can buy oranges year round. It would be like, this is fucking astonishing, but devil.
Speaker 2: Devilish, this is against the laws of nature, against.
Speaker 3: The laws of nature. Let us know, folks, what you think the strangest thing would be for people traveling to the future, no holds barred, give us your honest opinions. I think gasoline would be up there. Sure. I think maybe the way socks have changed would be a big, big one for him, because they were super into the leggings, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean now the closest thing we had to that I guess are just high socks. Well, leggis are still a thing, but you know, gentlemen don't typically wear them. They can.
Speaker 3: Wigs are way less popular, it depends or demographic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that they're more of like an outlandish fashion choice, you know, as opposed to like the norm.
Speaker 3: Did I tell you? I was talking with some French people about one of our show is Ridiculous History, and I was saying, how much I enjoyed an episode about why British lawyers and former colonial officials or officials from former colonial places where those wigs called perukes.
Speaker 4: To hide their scabies or something, and yeah, it's very dirty stuff.
Speaker 3: And then the it was so weird because these very nice French people that hung out with and had a karaoke adventure with Paris.
Speaker 4: Just encountered in the wild and became bals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they they very phlegmatically. They were like, you know, peruk is just the word for wig in French, and I was like, why it's not a special word. They're like, I'm sure the episode is very good. I would love to listen to it, but no, but.
Speaker 4: That's a great example of appropriating the language of other cultures and just making it like a new American word that means the thing we see it all the time, Like a file at, you know, is just a French word that means like a certain size or a cut of meat or cut of meat, but we refer to as specifically as like a filet mignon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there remans to be Italian scallopini. It's just fun to say scalop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, I've got a pitch for the video really quickly. So it's a it's an intro that's too long, you know, like SNL style kind of back in the day, Like no, like the intro to like a TV show or something. It's way too long. It tells you exactly what's going on.
Speaker 3: It feels like Mister Belvidere the Nanny.
Speaker 2: And so the actual content of each episode or each super short, and it's like a very simple thing like somebody whatever eating an orange and it's clearly winter or wherever, and it just cuts to them. They're just and they're just screaming and terrified like.
Speaker 3: Toilets. Yeah, that's another big like.
Speaker 4: This very much. I fear we've given away the game. But now you guys just have to wait and see how we pull it off. Slash. If we pull it.
Speaker 3: Off and you don't have to sit and wait in hush, frightened silence for our attempts at Sketch Comedy, you can join your compatriots iron Man, Big Shuck, Sergeant Will and the Cold Warhammer and Moore to become part of the show. Let us know your thoughts. Let us know what you think about Sergeant Will's fascinating Star Wars theory. Let us know what you think about the Russian weapons and the calculus behind them. Please please please help us explain or the very many supplement conspiracies like literally, think of whatever it is that you have taken that you think works, or you saw someone take it and you think it's utter bunk or indeed conspiratorial. Tell Us, tell us, tell us, send us pictures of your cats, dogs. We try to be easy to find online, correct.
Speaker 4: You can find us at the handle conspiracy stuff, where we exist on Facebook, the aforementioned you two, where we do have those attempts at Sketch Comedy rolling out every single week, as well as x FKA Twitter. If you'd like to find us on Instagram and TikTok. We are the handle Conspiracy Stuff Show. But wait, there's more.
Speaker 2: Do you have a telephonic device? Do you like to use it to call people? I was a founding father, So there you go, like a boomer call us. Our number is one eight three three std WYTK. When you call in it it is a voicemail. So you've got three minutes. Give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you've got more to see what is.
Speaker 4: This apparition speaking words back to me through this cylindrical device.
Speaker 2: Chill out, Hamilton, We're good. He was a founding father, right, I mean Central Bank, Federal Reserve? All okay? Why not instead send us an email?
Speaker 3: It's one of the best ways to get in contact with us. Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, as the humans reckon time. Love it, love it, love it because we can go back to what you have written. You can send us links, you can send us pictures, perhaps of your pets, and we read every single email we get. Where we are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they don't want you to know is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.