Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Six fifty five on Wall Street. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg Dan Curtis. Starting off with a stock on the move in a big way overseas. Dan, but this is being affected by action in the US. Tell us what's going on with Bayer this morning?
Speaker 3: Morning? Yeah, so Bear, the shares are up over eleven percent. As you mentioned, they trade over here in Europe in Germany. The Trump administration came out and has urged the US Supreme Court to take up buyer's appeal on a Missouri lawsuit blaming Roundup weed killer for causing cancer. The recommendation came from the US Listener General John Sowery, he oversees US for the administration, and Rothschild analyst says that this recommendation means that it's very likely the US Supreme Court will hear it. About seventy percent of challenges with this recommendation do get heard by the Supreme Court. That's less that's a lot more than the one percent or fewer of just the general appeals that people try to get the Supreme Court to hear. So this case kind of centers. This appeal centers around federal versus state rights and making this decision. But it's about a lawsuit that has played bear since at Botman Santo in twenty eighteen. It's focused on chemical used up in the weed killer roundup and the complaints that it did cause cancer. Again, this is just going to be, you know, push the needle towards potentially towards Buyer's favor for this appeal, and Buyer said, you know, it still has about six billion euros set aside for sixty seven thousand cases remaining around the chemical use. So more certainty and a little bit more clarity around what might happen down the lines legally for this lawsuit will will help investors kind of make that decision. So that's helping the stock pop over ten percent today.
Speaker 1: Well, we're waiting for some clarity and what's going to happen with Warner Brothers Discovery. We're hearing some of the potential takeover candidates have been sweetening their bids. Are investors putting a bid into Warners this morning.
Speaker 3: They are They are by about two percent higher, bringing the stock just shy of twenty five dollars a share. And as you mentioned, yeah, so there's three companies that are making a bid for Warner Brothers. Those are Netflix, Paramount, and Comcast. Netflix is said to have made a primarily cash offer for the firm. That's according to people familiar with matters, and it's going to help determine the future of Warner Brothers. So Comcast, Netflix, they're only interested in Warner Brothers studios. If they win, Warner Brothers will continue to spin off the cable channels. And again, this offer is binding, so as these bids come in, that means if Warner Brothers likes the sound of it, the deal could and they accept it, the deal could move forward pretty quickly. We're in round two of bidding. Waterer Brothers is said to want thirty dollars to share. Not sure exactly where all the bids came in because the details are still trickling out. There may be more rounds, but once Warterer Brothers sees a deal that it likes, if it does, the deal could move pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the biggest top side mover this morning, Mango dB.
Speaker 2: Why is this stock spiking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Mango dB. It's a company that doesn't get a lot of general usage from the populations, used more by software engineers, but it's a document database company, and it has a very flexible structure, so it allows company other companies to plug in pretty easily into the document database. It reported six hundred and twenty eight million dollars of revenue in the third quarter of that topped estimates, and the company raised its projections for next year. So that's just popping up over twenty percent in pre market.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the late roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.