Speaker 1: Every day Up, Wake, click up the Breakfast Club finish for y'all done morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is stej n V just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy we are the breakfast Club law La Roses here as well.
Speaker 2: We got a special guests in the bill.
Speaker 1: A motherfucking legend of icon man. Stop introducing Mike Apps like you regular?
Speaker 3: Okay, God damn right then you said it died kind of legend, I said, But even though I hear he got so much going on that to check to see what he's up here for.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I saw that this day. Mike Epps was here for the week and one, so I said, it's a type on from the last time he was here. There's no way they about to go back out again again.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: Hey, how y'all doing out there in the world? Man, breakfast club? Baby, We're on a breakfast club. I've been watching this ship all the time. But you know, and I said to myself, I wonder when I'm going back again anytime.
Speaker 2: You want to.
Speaker 3: You did the first you did the Mike EPs did the first skit with the Breakfast Club We ever did I did?
Speaker 2: Yes, you did. I don't remember remember when the girl was holding the food and he smacked the food out here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I never did anything out of there. I never did get nothing from it either. Never that got a check or a piece of cake, a bottle of wine or none of that. Hell no, ain't on the wall, man. But see, that's what I wanted to come here and talk about, saying. I wanted to talk about the neglect that has been going on with the Breakfast Club. Mike.
Speaker 2: No, Man, you're a legend.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: See, I'm ready to do like bird Man Brian Williams. All right now, all Tree you too, you too, Yeah, go ahead, Yeah, I ain't gonna I ain't gonna say it no.
Speaker 6: More be doing what happened.
Speaker 4: No, I was just sitting there watching all them clips. You almost got in like several different fights in here.
Speaker 2: That's articulous. God, I was worried about.
Speaker 4: I know it. But they was just showing all the different clips, and everybody never wanted to fight. You was like this close.
Speaker 6: Who you think the one out of him? And Beanie? That was the crazy sentiment, a.
Speaker 4: Wait from each other right there right there.
Speaker 2: I've been in worse situations, man.
Speaker 4: That is just hilarious. Though, I'm like, damn, what.
Speaker 1: Makes you want to go back out on the road so soon? I feel like y'all just ending this store.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, that's my thing that I see. That's the thing about me. I never leave the people. And that's because Hollywood is they don't trust me. One hundred percent white men. Now, white people do not trust me, man, And I've been I've been working on it for years.
Speaker 2: Don't they trust you? No?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know, man. You know, I feel like I feel like I've always deserved bigger opportunities, but I do be getting big opportunities, like.
Speaker 2: You just did six seasons of a sitcom on Netflix.
Speaker 4: Man, I know what you're talking. I'm greedy.
Speaker 6: You want every show?
Speaker 4: What's bigger than I want? I want? I really want. I want to be I want to be in some more movies with white people because it means money. You see me with if you catch me with a honkey, the money gonna go up.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know, when you think about black.
Speaker 4: Honkys, make your money go up.
Speaker 2: Go ahead with that word.
Speaker 1: In a long time, when you think about black comedians, it's not too many black comedians who had a hit sitcom.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about sitcoms that have lasted.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, There's only a few, like you got The Cosby Show, you got a Stamford in the.
Speaker 2: Son right, Martin, Martin, Martin. I don't even know if Bernie Mack Bernie season. I don't even know. God blessed dead. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. I don't know. But I've been a handful. Yeah, I've been blessed to do. I've been blessed to uh still be in the business. And that's how I stay in the business. Man. I never i'm I'm. I wake up every day like I'm just now getting in it, Like I'm I never got in it. I never celebrate myself being in the business. I'm never bragging or you know, I'm I'm. I'm always a fan still. I'm always looking at the business from a fan's eyes. Like if I look at the business from a fan's eye, I ain't gonna never fall off because I know what the fans like and what the fans want. And I'm even judging myself like a fan too, like, oh, that shit ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: Bernie Mack and Jamie Fox have five seasons. You got six. That's a big fucking deal. Man, The wains brother don't know how many seasons they had. That's a big deal, bro.
Speaker 4: It is. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: And you're on Netflix.
Speaker 4: On Netflix, that's a big deal. One of the hardest platforms to get on and to be successful on. So shout out to all to Netflix, you know, giving me a test, surrander, giving me the opportunity and wind the Sykes and kim Fields. You know, just a great team of people, and that's that's the that's the key to succeeding. You have to have a great team. And nobody's doing this shit by theyself. You know, when you see somebody successful, you can best believe it's a team behind them that made them, that helped them prepare. You know.
Speaker 3: Now you're going back out on the road. Yeah, with the Ones comedy to a twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: You didn't It feels like you just got off the road.
Speaker 3: Right, How do you get a chance to create new material? Because usually they say material comes from living life.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: If you always on the road, where's the material coming from?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you look at the news, the ship is just hanging off the tree. It's just low hanging fruit. Every every day it's some new shit. And that's the thing about being a real comedian. A real comedian ain't sitting there writing shit. You Finnah, get it right off the cuff, just like you catching me coming out to both daggers, Damn Mike? Was that? And I say, some fun That's that's a real comedian right there. We ain't got a right. I ain't gotta right, ship, I ain't got a right. You catch me walking down the street, I'm gonna be funny. Catch me at the drug store, I'm gonna be funny. You catch me wherever you catch me at, I'm gonna be funny. And I just feel like that's that's what I do. That's that's how I write. And if you come and see me that night at the comedy show, you're gonna hear some ship that happened that day. I'm talking about it right on the stage, and then I'm gonna make it funny, you know, so I trust I trust my funny.
Speaker 2: You were talking about the Honkeys, right.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like Hollywood truly respects black comedy legends the same way they do white ones, or that respects something y'all still gotta fight for.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we definitely. Let me tell you something. Man, any anybody black, in any situation, you still gonna have to fight. It's a fight. You know. I never seen a race of people they quote unquote or success for and still have to prove themselves. Never I ain't. I don't see another race that has to still do it. And you know, it's even harder for us because we're doing it against each other. We are biggest competition each other. I was looking at I was at the strip club. This was years ago. Yeah, but I was at the strip club. She got ways of being like this man. Yeah, but but I was just in the strip club. I was just thinking to myself, Man, these dudes are really in here, uh uh, competing with each other throwing the money. And they got another guy to come out, and it's just a scenario for life. They got another guy to come out at the strip club and throw money. And then and then after you throw your money, he collect all the money and take it back there to the girls again. And that's what they that's how they get you to throw money. They said, yeah, they got a dude out there to throw the money. That's how Hollywood is too, That's how show business is.
Speaker 1: So somebody that starts it off it ain't even ain't basically straight plant, you know.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 7: So you still feel like you're proving, You're working to prove things to people in your career at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know, I was just I was just listening to everybody talk about how bad of a movie that was that Denzel and Spike Lee just did. Right. They were just talking about, yeah, it wasn't a great movie, and I'm like, damn literally when they were talking about it, it damned that made you forget it that it was like, man, Denzel was in that movie, Like, you know, it wasn't a great movie. You damned never forgot about it everything he did because you was focusing on the fact that it wasn't a good movie, you know what I mean. So one bad, one mistake in art culture can cause you can cause people to not fuck with you, which is weird as hell to me. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: But what you said is true.
Speaker 4: They catch amnesia.
Speaker 2: But what you said is true. We pushed, We'll push the narrative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, We'll go we'll go so hard against against each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's what And that's another I mean, you know that's another reason why we're all great too as well. We put the pressure that we have against each other.
Speaker 1: It's crazy when that's Mike earlier, he said, charlamage your after.
Speaker 5: You on his ass.
Speaker 4: But see he but see you got a plant. The platform that you guys have is it's unstoppable. It's a whole lot different than coming inside of a church or coming inside of a political arena. This is the this is the real platform. It's people. Hell, yeah, you're touching everybody. Man.
Speaker 2: You know, I think about you, Mike do because you've been in funny your whole life.
Speaker 1: Man, because you've grown. What is being a comedian meaning you now compared to when you first started.
Speaker 4: But when I first started, it was confused. It was it was a disruption, you know what I mean when I was when I was a kid. Because you never seen black kids. You never see and you never will see black kids in a in a career center talking about they want to be a comedian. So if you see a young black kid being a comedian, he's being disruptive. They call that disruptive. Oh he's a disruptive. This is the motherfuckers disruptive. But that's what I was. I'm a comedian, you know, So a comedian career is not something that you can go to college and go get They don't teach it, and uh, you know in career class, this is some shit that just happens, and you you, you know, you take advantage of it. That's what I did. I always been funny, but now this shit then became a business, you know what I mean. So I gotta cut the phony funny on and cut it off. I'm like, oh, here come the money. I gotta do some business. Let me cut that funny or let me trim it down a little bit. I could still be funny, but I'm doing business. Let me trim it down a little bit so I can get the business done, you know. And but I you know, I know how to turn it on and off. When it's time to be funny, I'm funny. When it's time to talk talk real shit, I'm gonna talk real shit. And that's how I adjust my shit, man, That's how adjust everything.
Speaker 2: What's one thing that Mike Epps hates?
Speaker 3: I know, there's always a Friday question I know there's always a funnier than who who's not funny? Pass MEAs what's one thing you hate discussing and talking about that pisses you off.
Speaker 4: I'm so tired of talking. I'm so tired of talking about people, talking about other comedians and other artists. I'm sick of that shit.
Speaker 2: Gotrac of my questions.
Speaker 4: Well, no, no, no. The reason why I said that is because I'm like, it's just it's just running in a circle, man, you know what I mean. It's like I ain't got nothing to say about nobody at this point. Matter of fact, I feel fucked up talking about something. I'm so blessed. I feel fucked up talking negative about anybody, you know what I mean. I don't have no room to say nothing negative because I'm blessed. Now. If I wasn't doing so great, maybe so, But man, I'm so blessed. I don't find I don't have no room to talk shit about nobody.
Speaker 1: You know, you bought a whole block, man, you understand, Like, do you understand that's so many black people's dream to buy a whole and they and they community where they're from.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, No, it was in Indiana, though I wish, I wish it was in La but I know, yeah, more man, that ship is so boring.
Speaker 6: Man, do that to yourself.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: You know what though you don't stay on the sleep the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my son sleep in my room that I slept in when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: That yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: And what's crazy is people still getting murdered in the neighborhoods and niggas died in the alley and yeah, the detectives knocking on the door. We didn't see your camera, miss des, I said, Oh, man, I ain't got no cameras around. Well you see the camera, I said, don't none of that ship work. But it just goes to show you that it just goes.
Speaker 2: Tell nobody that.
Speaker 4: Man, No, it just goes to show No, it worked.
Speaker 2: But you know I'll get you yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But you know it just goes to show you, man that nobody's paying If I could tell some of these stars, some of these people that are famous, nobody's paying attention to your mother fucking ass. That's another thing I hate. I'm like some of these people are in delusion, Like you're wasting fucking security money. Ain't nobody fucking thinking about you? I wish I could just take a chart and just show all the artists and just point at them and say, ain't nobody think about your motherfucking ass. Ain't nobody think about your motherfucking You can walk around by your goddamn self and save your security money. You don't need no security. People love you. Why do you have somebody around you all the time. Because I walk around this motherfucker by myself. I don't have no fucking security.
Speaker 1: You never got punched in the back of the head, though, se y'all ain't got punched in the head on camera Mike twice.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, well, well, Charlamagne, I think you I mean, I think you're gonna have to do something. What you gotta pop that pistol on somebody's ass or so at least once they gotta know you will do it. Fuck the security, they don't. Niggas gotta know you'll do it once they know you'll do that. Ship You can walk around this mother by yourself.
Speaker 1: Look at this nigga threw his whole life away, you know, because Mike has told me.
Speaker 4: Well, you ain't gotta shoot nobody. But this is the I just said that to say this that most most of these people walking around here that are in entertainment business just to live like you a normal person.
Speaker 2: I agree, Just live.
Speaker 4: Like you're a normal person, so so that you can enjoy this ship, because most of the people in the business are just pretending all this shit is copied.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 4: I see the entertainers walking with the I'm like, that's some ship he's seen somebody do with the coffee in the hand. And the dude that's walking to God got his.
Speaker 2: Hand on that ship.
Speaker 4: That shit that irrit takes the shit out of me. Some nigga watching me every fucking five minutes to see if somebody gonna do something to me. I always say to myself if I was, if I was trying to get somebody, I'm gonna fuck him in that security up fucking both of y'all. Up. I'm gonna get the fucking security first because that's who's supposed to be protaking. Let me get this nigga first, and then I'm gonna get just that. So the security shit don't work. That ship don't work. I guess it keeps shipped down. But if I catch a motherfucker that be talking shit with a security, get your punk ass out.
Speaker 2: Of here once you go for security, the other one going.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, That's what I'm saying. The other one gone so so so so. Some of y'all need to save your fucking money. Ain't nobody thinking about your ass? You look crazy walking around with security and the damn whole foods?
Speaker 6: What Who did I seeing with the security?
Speaker 4: Who the fuck was that I seen in security?
Speaker 2: Don't follow for that. She's trying to get you to say a name.
Speaker 4: I think it was Bobby Valentino. Nigga had two big ass niggas in the city. I said, now, what is going on in there with the I couldn't even see the little nigga because of the security. I said, where are you? No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 6: I just starts streaming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, I'm gonna start streaming. I went on that little kid, what's the name?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: He was a straight food on them. And I'm sitting there looking at I'm I'm sitting on the streaming platform saying to myself, how the fuck is he getting paid? When they had the COVID. When the when COVID went down, I was on I was on live skating DJing. I was doing all this shit live on my Instagram. Then the shit became streaming and he's making all this money. I'm like, I was doing that shit and wasn't getting a dime, so now I got to see if I can get a dime.
Speaker 2: He was on the wrong platform. You know what I like about Kai.
Speaker 1: Kai got all that attention from social media, but it don't seem like it affects him up here. Meanwhile, you got a bunch of older motherfuckers on social media losing their mind because of that audience.
Speaker 2: But Kai mentally seemed more together than them.
Speaker 4: That's why it's working for him, because he's not affected by it. He ain't on that trying to show you how much he got, how much of a bigger star he is. He's just being himself and making money. And that's what you young kids. If y'all watching the Breakfast Club, you gonna make more money and get more success being yourself than anybody in the world. I know it's people that you admire, but even if it's somebody that you admire that you really like, you're like, ah, I kind of feel myself being like him. Start hating on him, start saying, fuck that motherfucker. I can't stand this because he's influencing, So you gotta hate on his ass to not be influenced.
Speaker 6: What's gonna be the like vibe of your stream, It's gonna be this, It's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be this right here, Comedy Whole Foods speaking on all like right now, all these fool stamps and then they didn't cut these food stamps off. I'm starting to see a lot of girls on dates that they normally wouldn't go on. Yeah, they got to eat.
Speaker 7: They doing that though, That's that's the thing. What's that you go on dates because you want to eat? Like people do that?
Speaker 2: She doesn't. She used to do that.
Speaker 6: First of all, I can feed myself, but.
Speaker 4: I never ever did it before.
Speaker 7: You mean, like, I want to go here, I don't want to pay for it. This is back in the day, not happening now. I'm great where.
Speaker 6: I'm getting money.
Speaker 7: You're getting money, but you go you don't want to pay for something. You have a person you call and be like, oh, I know he'll come and pay for it.
Speaker 2: So wow, crazy.
Speaker 4: So sugar daddies, if you're listening to this, listen to how you're getting screwed over.
Speaker 6: They know what time it is a sugar daddy though.
Speaker 2: Oh she loved going to an alumni party, that's her thing.
Speaker 1: What is that at the colleges? She like going to the old alumni party.
Speaker 6: I get paid.
Speaker 4: We're not going to do this.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to appreciate this. I don't need to be knowing them.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 6: You went that little ball here.
Speaker 1: Going to the old alumni parties and them, old man beyond me. You told me that what do you get?
Speaker 4: What do you get from an old alumni?
Speaker 6: He's lying. I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: Just answer for another girl. What would a girl get from an old alumni?
Speaker 6: The date you're talking about and whatever she wants?
Speaker 3: Alumni, they graduated from college, they're successful, change, They got change.
Speaker 4: The old college niggas as cheap as hell. They ain't gonna spend the money on you like a nigga that get dope money.
Speaker 6: You know, because I never did that. Yeah, this trouble I think is hitting his head to her.
Speaker 3: You know what I want to know with comedians, right, do you ever look at a comedian set, let's say a special you call them be like, Yo, that wasn't funny.
Speaker 2: You should have did this better because you are the og Do you ever do that? Or you think comediansll be?
Speaker 4: I don't call people, and I'm pretty sure the fans will tell your ass. What I don't like is when niggas are blind and death and crazy and can't see and hear that you ain't ship. You got to be able to hear, see and know you ain't ship to become something, because that's the worst thing in the world is to think you the ship and you ain't the ship. And I guess, I guess you're supposed to do that. And that's what my I just shot a special called Delusion, And that's what the special is about, is you really got to be out of your mind and delusional to be successful and make it and keep going. You guys, are y'all mind to do this show? Right here? This ship is crazy.
Speaker 1: I just enjoyed that we get to talk to legends like you, like, Yes, that's that's amazing.
Speaker 4: It still got to be crazy though. You still you still got to be crazy because you're still holding the You're still holding a certain amount of power in your in your in your in your hand, in your tongue with with the people. This ship is powerful. Breakfast Club this ship is, you know.
Speaker 2: That's why I prey for direction. I pray for God every day that God leave my steps and God my tongue.
Speaker 4: That's it. He's not doing a great job because you're still talking ship on the here. I just seen you say some ship the other day. That was crazy. I said, you better start sucking with the monkeys. Man, the monkey's gonna get you, y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, you see you see what Trump? Trump call me racist? Leave back?
Speaker 4: He called you the How does that feel man to have I'm talking shit to you.
Speaker 1: Man on man, I don't even think about it, But like you, I go he know you huh, I guess.
Speaker 4: Don't go to jail. Yeah, he said some nasty ship about me, fuck the boy and ass nigga.
Speaker 2: But like you, I go home.
Speaker 1: So when it's all said that at least I can do I'm being talk. You're a lot of doing something.
Speaker 4: What did he doing right now? He's probably working out. They probably shooting ball right now. They probably shooting ball on the pen. What time is right now? They shooting ball right now?
Speaker 2: He works at the chapel. He works at the library at the chapel.
Speaker 4: Yes, he worked How the fact do you know this that nigga don't work. No, damn Chapel.
Speaker 2: Reported up in that era, that nineties New York era. I did definitely, yes you did, didn't you? Definitely yes he did. I was young, like fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 4: Back then, but I was looking at I see I was looking. I was looking at Diddy situation. I said to myself, God don't make mistakes. Sometimes he might have took that man off the street to save his life. Yeah, that's how God works. So you know, look at it as a blessing. Sometimes sometimes are are are are our failures. Things that we fall in in life are blessings. You know what I mean. Every time I took a fall, I got a blessing out of it. So let's not stop looking at all this people falling and saying, damn man, they fail. Guess what now? God is called a setback is a comeback, you know what I mean. We all get set back so that we can come back. So you know, when black men fall, y'all, we gotta we keep we gotta stop teasing them.
Speaker 2: I think we gotta learn from it.
Speaker 1: To though minutes he said, He said, when you see a great man man fault on laugh, learn for real. Yeah, because he said, with the same thing that tempted him on the way up, you're gonna have to face these same temptations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it and it's a whole It's a hundred different ways to get sucked up out here. Everybody think it's just one way or three ways, and now it's a hundred different ways to get fucked up.
Speaker 6: Out He jokes on stage.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, I got some Diddy jokes on. I got jokes about everybody, okay, because I'm a comedian and that's what I do. You know, I try to make sure I don't go too hard because I still got kids. You know, my kids. My daughter's no Diddy's daughters. They friends with some of that ship.
Speaker 2: Funny man, it's hilarious nipples.
Speaker 4: See I didn't. I didn't. I don't make jokes about that part of it. But you heard that though I didn't hear that. See you added some other ship on there. I ain't even heard that ship right there. That's crazy, man. That man ain't did no ship like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he did or not. I'm just saying that's what That's what the prostitute said. Said that.
Speaker 6: During the time when they were having the conversations with Cassie.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See see I would go if I was them, I would get out and go quiet for a year, and everybody else get fucked up, all them snitches and ship. I'm fucking them up because, motherfucker you was in my backyard eating sliders and drinking free and all kinds of ship. Now you're gonna tell on the motherfucking all you got them sucking you up. I'm blowing your car up and all that shit.
Speaker 2: The problem.
Speaker 4: I'm a run fast and throw a brick through your motherfucking window while you're eating with you.
Speaker 2: When you talk about the upshall, why did the upshaw? Then?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 4: The upshaws ended because the writers Wander Sykes and the other Lady Regina Hicks, they just couldn't see how to I really, you know, the lady Virginia Hicks, they both did a great job. First of all, before I go any further, they did such a great job writing. We had the best writing team. I mean, man, the writing team was incredible. But you know, I think I think the lady Regina she has she had an agenda that she wanted to push with the show, you know, and everybody didn't agree with it all the time. You know, they wanted the show to go this way. Shows started off this way and then it starts slanting, and then it went over there, and then it went over there. We should have just kept it right there in the middle. Might have did ten ten seasons. But I think it was about in the writing. You know, I can't mix somebody's personal life with what's on paper. But what's on paper? And then it you know, whatever's on paper, and then you guys film it is what we see. You know, nobody's paying attention to nobody's personal life.
Speaker 7: You know when you say in the writing, though, is it how they were trying to bring it in? What the stories were around like the like what exactly in the writing is the issue then, though, because her personal sense has to come into her work on screen.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily she she played a straight woman on the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Wanda Sex is very like like you're not going to make her do anything she doesn't want to do, stand up to anything, she doesn't want to sit next to right right, But she's an ally for a certain not even all, but like she speaks out openly about being a part of their community.
Speaker 4: Yes, but on the show her character was a straight woman, and that's what she portrayed on on on, on film, on camera, but in the script, and and that wasn't the issue with the script. That was just one out of a million things that, you know, I think personally might have kept the show from going. I mean, if you really want to think about it, the kids got grown. You know, we really couldn't go no further because of that. The kids, you know what I mean, the kids. You know, that's what they do on these TV shows when the kids get older, they cut the show off. Once the kids get older, you can't write stories around them because it's like, damn, the kids are grown now. But like I said, it was many reasons why the writing at the end started becoming a little different. We actually went back. We actually in the middle of the seasons we kind of lost it. But then in the end, when you see this season right here, you'll see we end up getting it back, you know, but it ran its course, man. And then again, I'm thankful that I've been able to be on be on TV for six years.
Speaker 1: But that frustrate you do when two people I guess can't get along to a whole production goes down.
Speaker 4: The dream yeah, hell yeah. And you know what's crazy about that situation. I used to go to Wanda all the time and tell like he wander, you know, I need somebody to fight for me in the rooms because I ain't in there to fight for him. And I've made it this far in my career being non confrontational. I let so much shit go. I let so much shit happen because it's not that serious, and I'm always looking at the big picture. I don't never look at the little, small potholes because I know I'm trying to make it to the end of the role. So you know, a lot of my successes I wouldn't even have it if I was, oh, man, well I got a problem with this, and no, y'all gotta change this and all that irritates. Man. You gotta go through life like whatever, what, what means the most and all that little shit because the little shit stops. You got to you gotta not pay attention to none of that little ship and focus on the prize. And that's what I did with this show. You know, I always focus on the prize. I never went in the writer's room. I might have went up there one or two times, but if I got a script and I'm sitting on the set and i'm reading it, I'm telling them and hell no, I ain't doing that. I ain't doing that because because when you're doing television and you're sitting at a table reading, you guys are doing a table read. When you come back the next day and you get on the set, the script gonna be different. You like, nah, this ain't the shit I read sitting at the table, because every night they going there and rewrite.
Speaker 1: So you know, that's the show is always felt like it was written from real life. So I always wanted, like, how much of you the man is hidden? And that shows like humor in the heart, like.
Speaker 4: All of that shit, because I think I think at some point they started going on the internet digging in my real life. Damn, what part all that shit watched the show? If you watch the show, you'll start seeing all kind of I'm like, damn, And I got offended by that, and then I say, you know what, this is what's gonna make the show good. I can't get offended about something that's real and true. Let him, let him write it. I'm getting upset about it because some of that ship is I'm like that shit is me. I'm like, well, the ship is on the internet. Yeah, the ship is on the Internet that I fell out with my daughter. The ship is on the Internet that I had multiple baby mamas. The ship is all. Everything you want to write is on the Internet. So you can write a whole script off just google Mike Apps.
Speaker 2: Damn. Yeah, been speaking of that.
Speaker 1: What they becoming a husband and father again as an older man, teach you that you didn't understand the first time around?
Speaker 4: On the second marriage? Yeah, yeah, I'm a new marriage. What did I learned this time that?
Speaker 2: What did you learn like having children later on in life as you older?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did you What did that teach you that you didn't understand the first time? You know?
Speaker 4: I tell I tell people all the time man that especially adults and children, a lot of us are not It takes a lot. It takes us a long time to become an adult. Just because somebody say they're an adult, don't mean they're an adult. And a lot of times your kids don't realize that either. Most of us are still trying to find ourselves when we make kids. You know what I'm saying, We're trying to find ourselves. So you're a kid too mentally, you know your mind ain't is not mature enough. So now you're raising a kid trying to figure yourself out. There's an old saying to say, man, we grew up together, me and my kids because because I was growing up too. But now I'm at the age now I got two new young kids. I'm the best father in the world. And I just told my wife the other day, I said, damn, I'm a good father now, and she busts out laughing. She laughed, it was funny because the ship is real now I feel like a real like man, I'm doing shit that that my my past wife was cussing me out about. But I just wasn't there. Man, Now I'm there, you know what I mean. I'm like And then I look at my older kids and I'm like, damn, I wish I could have been that guy with them. I wish I could have been the same guy I am now when I had my first daughter, she would have got the real mic, the good mic. But unfortunately it takes time. I tell women all the time, it takes about fifty years for a man to get a ship right. So be patient, be patient. Out there, ladies, it takes fifty years for us to get our ship together, and then you will get the last ten or twenty wonder years.
Speaker 2: No, just look, listen your blessing. Mike getting an old alumni.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, send it home waiting for me right now.
Speaker 4: Hey, babe, he's waiting on your hunh.
Speaker 6: He's cool, dory.
Speaker 4: No, a nigga ain't got no job, she said. She I offended the niggas at home watching Jerry's springer right there waiting. He probably picked you up every day. His niggas sitting down inside with the two piggres.
Speaker 6: Don't do him, No, he does not.
Speaker 2: We're moving this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're moving. Yes, well you're moving to.
Speaker 6: Just two different places.
Speaker 4: That's nice. I'm glad you're in love. You seem like you're in love giving you.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 7: We're not moving together, but we just happened to both be moving this week. So no, I don't listen to you no more.
Speaker 4: He was dating too man at one time.
Speaker 6: I've always been very intentional about where I'm at right now.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know what was calling that nigga all over the city with.
Speaker 6: I was not I was one person video. And back to what you're saying, Yes, I should love.
Speaker 4: Don't let this nigga do like that.
Speaker 6: I'm sure questions or something.
Speaker 4: Don't let this nigga do you like that. All I can tell you if you're date more than one person, get you some antibiotics.
Speaker 6: Dating more than one person, keep.
Speaker 4: Your ear on the track. Cleaned out us Christ.
Speaker 6: You read in the interview we're the ones coming. Oh my god, my hair shorts going crazy?
Speaker 4: That ain't he.
Speaker 6: Always tried to pat stuff on me?
Speaker 2: What you mean that is not.
Speaker 4: Get your tickets twenty twenty. Let me tell you something. This comedy tour. I've had such a great time doing this comedy tour. This is our third year doing it. Man, this comedy tour is like a party.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you ever seen it before, but you know, you get eighty five South together and myself, Man, them niggas are a fool. And and this this comedy tour, I mean every city that we show up, man, some of the best rappers, some of the performers come out and every city go out and perform, man. And it's a party, you know what I mean. It's like going to wilding out. It's like going to a Fresh Fast. Because you got all these different artists on the show, and we the Ones man. Ain't nobody out here better than us. You go get a comedy line up and line them up with us. We're gonna spank their ass. I don't care who it is you got.
Speaker 2: You got Justinich what Mojo brooks Now?
Speaker 4: We then added t K on there.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 4: T K been looking for this spot for years.
Speaker 2: I love t.
Speaker 4: K is a veteran.
Speaker 6: Wait before you leave Last Friday, don't like that.
Speaker 4: I'm still talking about the Tool now. Yeahd make sure you go get the tickets to We the Ones Tour. We come. The first city we're coming to is my hometown, Naptown. Y'all niggas know, y'all better go out there and get them tickets for that, you know what I mean? And then we got another. Just go on there and check out the days and ship what you want to say to me.
Speaker 6: I wanted to know Last Friday is happening. Are we getting Chris Tucker back?
Speaker 4: I don't know if we're gonna get they said Chris Tucker Cube said he been talking to Chris Tucker, But I don't know. I might have to run around and catch his ass coming out of one of these Bible studies or something and see if it's real. But uh me, ice Cube, Aaron McGruder and uh dj Pool were just together sitting in the room writing this movie. This movie gonna be crazy. Now.
Speaker 1: You know, when you say Aaron McGruder, you excite the whole god damn in in it. Aaron, that's the creator of the Boondogs, Black Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeople who don't know he's a genius. Yes, like that. That's something special right there.
Speaker 4: That's top tier writing. Yeah, And I think that's why ice qb when it got him, because he's gonna bring that to the movie. And not to say that we wasn't gonna make it hot like we've always made it hot, but this is gonna give it another extension on it.
Speaker 2: Aaron McGruder and DJ Pool need to be the only ones writing in that script.
Speaker 4: Aaron McGruder, DJ Pool, Dang, he took you off.
Speaker 1: I ain't think about Mike in there for the comedy, like like you know how they'll write and then they'll be like, Mike punched this up.
Speaker 4: What can I be honest with you, Nobody can really write for me anyway. They can write some shit on the paper, but I'm gonna say some shit funny, and then whatever you put on the paper's and I'm gonna give you yours, and then I'm gonna give you mine. And when you get in the edit in the room, you're gonna see which one was better. Hello, you know what I'm talking about? Yea, absolutely yeah. And that's how I feel about this comedy tour right here. Ain't nobody comedy tool better than And I'm headlining this year, see last all these other years I've been hosting, I go up for five minutes, six seven minutes. But if you really want to see a real Mike Epps hot thirty five forty minutes, come out to this tour right here.
Speaker 1: Hey, them niggas be fronting on you, Mike. I was having this argument behind the scenes about you the other day. They said, man might just be hosting. I said, you ain't watching the mic specials?
Speaker 4: Then, well they just seen that because they came to them, because.
Speaker 1: That's what I told him, because we were I didn't want to say it was you will go ahead. I was allgue with this nigga, and he said they were talking about comedians and it was like, well, Mike on the tour. I was like, well, Mike host the tour. I was like, you don't do a second man got hours.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. See people be sleeping on me because I ain't out here honking my horn and blowing and doing all that crazy shit. But that's how I like it. I like to be underestimated. I like you to not be paying attention and I sneaker behind you and bop you upside your head. That's how I love my life. I love it, and I've been doing that. That's how I've been doing the whole time. I've been watching all these dudes. They making plenty of money, they killing them. Guess what, I'm still standing right here and one hundred and ninety pounds. I can run, play basketball and chew bubble gum and talk ship and you know I mean a nice little pistol collection. I'm still down there maintaining my business, loving God. You know what I'm saying, Always loving God and keeping the faith. That's why I've told people in these fool stamps and stuff, get cut off, don't worry about that. See, black people, we've been getting our shit cut off, We've been getting our doors kicked in and stuff. This is not for us, So don't take this as personal about the fool stamps and all that. I'm actually glad they cutting some of these niggas off food stamps because some of us need to not be on fool stamps, because it's a trickle down the fit. You get the fool stamps, then you go buy the food that give you cancer. Then you eat the food to give you cancer. Then you're sad you walking around here upset. Your diet's fucked up. Now I'm to tell you some honest Scott true your diet then sent a lot of niggas to prison.
Speaker 1: They gonna take all this and put it on Fox News, and it's gonna say Mike says, you niggas don't need to be on food.
Speaker 2: You think you're gonna go viral and they gonna call you maga. Mike.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, brothers, and listen, brothers and brothers and sisters. You don't know what this world is coming to. No, listen to this. No, they can't say that about me. See that's one thing about me, little boozy badass. We can't be canceled.
Speaker 1: No, y'all can't be canceled. But I'm just telling you that. Then they're gonna be mad. Dar Heugh, you're gonna.
Speaker 4: About you Internet bitch ass nigga and everybody out there that think they want.
Speaker 2: To be mad to say so fuck you man, And I'm gonna take you and say, Mike, yeah, this is after you. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Every day a week ago, clicks up, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: You don't finish for y'all done