Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty arm Strong and Katty en He Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Has just announced that seven to eleven will close six hundred and forty five US stores this year. The company explained that personal consumption had softened, particularly among low income households, as inflation continued to weigh on spending. Yes, that's how bad things are in America. Folks can't afford to eat at seven to eleven. What's next? Are Americans be forced to limit themselves to a sensible gulp?
Speaker 1: Damn it, this is America.
Speaker 2: I do not believe I should have to drink from any cup I couldn't possibly.
Speaker 1: Also drown in. Oh my god, I saw somebody, several people over the week, but I saw somebody carrying around this trash can of coal of some sort. I mean the size of these things. And we have a seven eleven, a brand new one that opened near us like a year or so ago. It's nice. It's in a nicer area town next to us, and is new and clean, and it's fantastic. My view of seven elevens is often because it's been in a bad neighborhood and it's been there for so long, and it's grimy. Yeah that I kind of associated seven eleven with well, grime, but grime and crime. I used to love me as slurpe. I had a girlfriend who would like her drink was we were like eighteen years old. Her drink was slow gin in a some flavor of slurpy.
Speaker 3: Good Lord, that was her favorite drink. Nice sip round a summer day though, slurpy that. Yeah, you're at a park or a ballgame or whatever. Yeah, you get that little little not that I approved certainly of drinking in any form, but you get that just little summertime bozzgoing.
Speaker 1: You are gonna like this, I think. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas blasts progressivism as a threat to of them America yesterday in a speech probably because it is, probably because it is. He doesn't talk much when he's on the bench, but he gave a speech yesterday. I'll read ABC News' version of this. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas on Wednesday delivered a televised broadside against progressivism, a political philosophy he described as an existential threat to America. And the principles it was founded on two hundred and fifty years ago, once again to Joe Getty. Probably because it is quote. Progressivism seeks to replace the basic premises of the Declaration of Independence and hence our form of government, Thomas said in a speech at the University of Texas Austin Law School yesterday. A spirit of cynicism, rejection, hostility, and animus toward America by Americans has taken hold, he said, and the remarks carried on c Span once again. That's because that has happened, is why he was saying that. He said, the values enshrined in the seventeen seventy six Declaration of Independence have fallen out of favor among Americans, a trend perpetrated, he argued, by intellectuals and the nation's colleges and universities. Well, stop me, stop me if he says anything even close to not obviously true. Thomas also said he believes many people no longer believe all men are created equal and deserving of unalienable rights protected by limited government. Progressivism holds that our rights and our dignities come not from God but from government. It requires of the people a subservience and weakness incompatible with the Constitution premised on the transcendent origin of our rights. Correct. Still correct.
Speaker 3: It occurs to me when Judy and I are on vacation this summery to have Clarence Thomas fill in tinshit for me.
Speaker 1: Thomas said, Washington has been overrun by elected and appointed officials who lack commitment to righteous cause, to traditional morality, to national defense, to free enterprise, to religious piety, or the original meaning of the Constitution. They recast themselves as institutionalists, pragmatists, or thoughtful moderates, all as a way of justifying their failure to themselves. I like that part, their failures to themselves, their consciousness, and their country. Yeah, there is a lot of that I have failed. So what is wrong with this country that I am not doing well?
Speaker 3: I would suggest that those are the useful idiots who are used by the activists who are trying straight out of Soviet propaganda and George Orwell and the rest of it, to separate us from our history, separate us from our principles and our perception of ourselves in place of self hatred. Because a nation that hates itself will not defend.
Speaker 1: Itself Thomas called on Americans to stand up for their principles and endure personal sacrifices if necessary, to preserve the nation's democracy. Final quote. In my view, we must find in ourselves that same level of courage that the signers of the declaration have so that we can do for our future what they did for theirs. Obviously, he takes this as a pretty big threat to the country. What the fact that we're educating everyone from K through graduate degree to hate their country. Yeah, I do think that is a problem and then pave the way for a neo Marxist takeover you. This leads me into something that our friend Tim retweeted over the weekend, faculty ideology in the United States. This is the ideology of you know, are you a liberal, a far left liberal, a far right conservative, or middle of the road in our university systems across the canar colleges across the country, going way back to nineteen sixty nine. Giggity giggity, So in nineteen sixty nine you had even back then it was forty five percent liberal compared to twenty seven percent conservative. That's, you know, nineteen sixty nine is quite a bit further on from when Bill Buckley wrote God and Man at Yale. Could you look up that, Katie. I think that came out in fifty two or fifty three. I think, if I remember right, young William F. Buckley was at Yale and like nobody here believes in God, and was just shocked by it and wrote a book about it. He thought it was so stunning. I mean, it was already to the point that because imagine that that had to strike him as pretty amazing. At that time, we were a lot of church going people in this country, and the fact that he could find nobody in the faculty that believed in God made you think, well, this is not representative of our country. Yes, Katie, e book it was in nineteen fifty one, Okay, I was closed.
Speaker 3: So let me throw in very briefly, it is undeniable that universities have always been left, including in nineteen sixty nine. As it turns out, but what was defined as left now, what is defined left now as left is very very different than what was then. So I mean, our lefties now are miles to the left of a nineteen sixty nine lefty right.
Speaker 1: And but trying to you can't see this chart, but it's just the line for far left liberal very steep up over the years, not surprising. The line for far right conservative very steep down, and it started at a low number, and middle of the road also down. The only number that is up at all is far left liberal, and it's up a lot. So it's gone from forty five percent of the faculty of our you know, one of your college university system across the country, it is now seventy five percent far left liberal, only ten percent conservative. And that's what the whole country, and you know, at the elite universe, it's more like ninety eight to two. Or we had that story. Was it Harvard or Yale that had completely one hundred percent? There wasn't a single conservative that showed up last time they did this survey. Yeah, it was in one major department. Yeah, but see, you include all the countries across the colleges across the country, where you got some that are you know, probably, oh my god, seventy thirty liberal to conservative, you end up with an average across the country of a seventy five to ten with fifteen percent middle of the road, and both those are trending down, by the way, as liberal trends up. That's nuts. Why would you have it? I wouldn't. I wouldn't like it. If it was the other way around, that wouldn't be good. If our university system was three quarters conservative and like ignoring the other political philosophies, that wouldn't be good either. And I have a question.
Speaker 3: This is not quippling exactly, but someone on a university campus who describes themselves as middle of the road, Yeah, what did they believe?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, this is undeniably true. I happen to have a featurette of a handful of different stories I could do any time on a similar topic. But one headline that just got published. DEI is live and well at the University of Michigan. It just goes by a different name. Not surprisingly, the people we've talked about now and will for the rest of my career and life, they have not given up at all on taking over the universities, haven't been called out by the Trump administration. They've just orchestrated a strategic retreat so that they're under the radar screen. And we could get into this in a little while. But yeah, all those DEI programs and the woke crap, they're still there.
Speaker 1: They've just disguised themselves cleverly. Question for America, do America do we want our pilots making animal noises? A couple of pilots who have been scolded for mooing and I think quacking while at the stick of a commercial airline. We'll get to that context. To me, very very scary story coming up. It's all about the context.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Are they like mooing at people as they get on the plane, folks who may be struggling with.
Speaker 1: Them look at him? Yeah, that would fight over the intercom, right, That's I wouldn't approve of that. Did they merely fly over the Midwest? Look out the window and.
Speaker 3: In the time on our tradition, if you go by I herd of cows, at least one person in the car must move.
Speaker 1: All right, So that and other stuff all the way.
Speaker 3: We were talking about academia moments ago. Let's not leave out the media. Secretary of War Pete Hegsaths calling them out for their relentless anti American coverage.
Speaker 4: Of the war, speaking of choosing wisely, a note to the press, to the press corps, the American media, as I just can't help but notice the endless stream of garbage, the relentlessly negative coverage. You cannot resist pedaling despite the historic and important success of this effort and the success of our troops. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what side some of you are actually on.
Speaker 1: It's incredibly on patriotic.
Speaker 4: This same press corps, not this exact same press corps, but at least an older press corps bent over backwards during the Biden administration to explain away. You explained away the disastrous and disgraceful Afghanistan withdrawal. You called it the greatest airlift in American history. It's almost like you're cheering only for one side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those people would sneer at any notion, any notion of patriotism.
Speaker 1: You think us. Oh yeah, the crowd that finds patriotism kind of Uh, I don't know, what would the word be embarrassing? Stupid? Yeah, yeah, only stupid people are patriotic. Yeah. Uh. Speaking about by the way, on that topic briefly, So yesterday I had to have a notary public sign something for me, and uh, somehow it came up that he was in the Navy stuff like that. So I asked him on how much he liked it, and I said, so, do you wish you're in the Middle East or not right now? And he said hell yeah. I said, so you'd go, and he said if they asked me, I'd be there Tomorrow. My country asks I'm going, And I thought I had that exact same conversation with my brother over the weekend. I said, do you wish you're in the Middle East? He said, hell yeah, yeah the military guys who wish they were there. And then you got you know, unfortunately, so many young people that under no circumstances would be willing to help defend our country. No, well, they've been taught to hate it.
Speaker 3: It's not their fault, but we need to somehow deprogram them if we can. Speaking of progressivism, a really amusing piece I came across by Todd Myers in the Dispatch posing the question, and this goes out to our beloved friends in the great Northwest. Is Washington State the most embarrassing state in the nation. Now California is like, hold my chardonnay, but wait, there is a case to be made for Washington. As Todd puts it, a combination of incompetence and arrogance at least put it in the running. He's lived in Washington practically his entire life. He explains and appreciates the many wonderful things about it. I love Washington State in many ways, including the people of mostly eastern Washington. But the decision he goes into the new income tax, driving entrepreneurs out of the state, demonizing the job creators. Politicians and government bureaucracies across the country make decisions that are self destructive, But in Washington, we find a way to make mistakes that go beyond ordinary incompetence or political hackery.
Speaker 1: And then, and there's some delightful audio to this.
Speaker 3: For example, Washington Department of Licensing recently upgraded its helpline, allowing people to choose the language to get a business license or whatever when user but when users chose Spanish instead of hearing the information in that language, well, let's play the audio.
Speaker 1: You have reached the Driver Licensing Service line. If you're calling about a vehicle or both, please press one. Please press one for English, don't.
Speaker 5: Sob Thank you for calling the Department of Licensing Customers.
Speaker 1: Support Center for asistance.
Speaker 5: Who It's Scarrileina Drider Licensing Office appointment counseling, unexisting appointment or questions about an upcoming appointment. Please dress on it all over. Callers, please stay on the line.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Letter serve you will need the last quarters of your Social Security number and you're the okay.
Speaker 3: Right, I know this has going on too long, but the as the person who pusted this points out, wait a minute. If you press two for Spanish, you get it in English, but with a thick Mexican accent. Right, as Tod writes, you must watch the video. It is truly remarkable. Press three for Italian. Oh, what's the matter you? You don't know how to do this?
Speaker 1: You want to license your cart? It? Wow?
Speaker 3: More on the making the case for Washington State is our most observed state out there. Quick colord buddy from our friends at rough Greens. The idea of rough Greens is you don't have to change your dog's food. Rough Greens supplements your dog's diet with natural antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds that help reduce oxidative stress, support immune defense, and slow age related decline, helping dogs stay active, mobile and alert as they age.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Rough Greens brings the new tree back packed with live vitamins. Minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes and omega oils. And again you get to keep your dog food. You just put this on top of your dog food and it ain't gone in cost you nothing tried except for the shipping. Roughgreens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at roughgreens dot com. Spelled ruff All about help in your dog you say, healthy and happy and alert as they age. We're all in favor of that.
Speaker 3: Go to roughgreens dot com use that promo code Armstrong, and again it's charmingly spelled. Areu ffgreens dot com Roughgreens dot Com use the promo code armstrong. Don't change your dog's food, just add rough Greens. Watch the health benefits come alive. So back to Washington State. Washington State politicians pride themselves on being leaders, a word they use again and again in the fight against climate change. The very real problem is that much of the government's climate policy is quite literally fake. Last November, the state Department of Ecology released a report detailing what it said and is picked up in the made media. All over the country, detailing what it said was were amazing environmental benefits from the one and a half billion dollars in projects funded by the state's carbon tax. The agency claimed the resultant admissions reduction was equivalent to removing forty percent of all cars and trucks in the state from.
Speaker 1: The roads for an entire year. That's quite quite an achievement.
Speaker 3: But then, Todd Wrights, after looking at the press release, I instantly knew it was false. Within two hours, I'd found and verified a problem that made virtually all of the claim benefits disappear.
Speaker 1: The department was forced.
Speaker 3: To admit, and it did that the true amount was just one percent of what it had originally claimed. Again, it's absolutely astounding an error of that magnitude could occur, especially on an issue that state leaders loved to lecture others about. But none of the so called experts at the agency noticed the massive error that was immediately obvious to me.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, as soon as you said that, I thought, well, that's complete, Bs. It has to be.
Speaker 3: There's a lot more to this too. Maybe we'll sprinkle some in as the hour goes by.
Speaker 1: Who killed Charlie Kirk? It's not really an open question. But there's some info out today that I ask people talking. Oh god, so we talked about this while back. There's a documentary out about Jerry Springer's show on that sort of stuff, and here's a little bit from that.
Speaker 6: I noticed pretty quick what the secret was. Here's how we got him to fight. In the beginning, on Springer, let's say that I have two brothers in a conflict. When you were prepping the guests, you tell one of them. If your brother says something you don't like, you can yell at him, get up in his face, you can even spit on him. But whatever you do, don't hit him. Then you don't tell the other person any of that. Once you produce one person to get up and spit in someone's face, and then you don't give any instruction to the other one, the other one is going to haul off and knock the hell out of the one who did it, and boom, you gotta fight.
Speaker 1: What So there are stags in bum fights with most non BOMs. What wow? Well, so, first of all, I think most of us thought it was all completely phony. He's suggest is that Jerry Springer himself, Oh it was really It sounded like Springer to me. But Houston Curtis is his name. Yeah, okay, Jerry Springer, impersonator, Houston Curtis, he got the job. He's suggesting the fights were real. They just prodded them a little to get to the fight. But that's an interesting theory, that's an ingenious technique. So if you tell me, if he insults, you feel free to spit on it. I mean, you could tell me that all day long. I'm still not gonna spit on someone. So you got to have a certain kind of person, don't you. Yeah, i'd say IQ of eighty two or below. In fact, you could. Someone could say pretty much anything to me and I'm not gonna even get up out of my chair, let alone spit on them.
Speaker 3: Well, and or they could offer me five thousand dollars if I did spit on someone, and I would tell.
Speaker 1: Them, no, thank you. No, I'm not gonna spit on anyone. Right, But so they tell one guy that and then they don't tell the other guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can do anything you want, anything the way we do it around here, up to including spitting on somebody, but just don't throw a punch.
Speaker 1: And the other guy has no idea Joe and I had been doing this for so long that way back in the day, we used to have TV's on in the studio and Springer'd beyond remember like last hour of the show, where was that was that in which Tar Charlotte? Wherever we were at the time, But Springer'd be on and to be like, ah, they're fighting again. The chairs would be knocked over and they'd be rolling around on the floor, and the crowds chanting.
Speaker 3: Jerry and we're a kind of amateur anthropologists watching it with the SoundOff because you know, he couldn't see what's being said. But people constantly removing their shirts too, to show their anger or or as a preparation fight or something.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. I've known a couple of guys like that for whatever reason at the bar. At some point I'm gonna look over, They'll be in a fight and they got their shirt off. It's just the kind of person. Yes, Katie, just if we were homesick from school, it was Jerry Springer. So you're young enough that that was your home from school. Oh yeah, that's funny. Then we talk about it the next day and you see that fight. No wonder your generations the way it is. When I was homesick from school as an old person, we watched like, you know, let's make a deal or something. You're watching people fight on Jerry Springer. Oh, it was the best. It explains everything. I remember watching the soaps occasionally when I was homesick, I watched a lot of soupper I remember I got so sucked into Days of our lives one time where I spent a week in the hospital as a kid, that I'd come home from school and ask my mom, you know what happened with John and Charlotte.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That also explains a lot, it sure does. Wow. Okay, So Joe just brought up a little bit ag a conversation you heard about the whole Charlie Kirk assassination. I thought, why is that? Oh, it's because there's some new information out today from the atl They're unable to identify the thirty caliber class fragment bullet that they recovered from the scene of Charlie Kirk's murder, and that has caused people to think, you see, it wasn't him, as somebody else shot him. He's being framed or whatever. The ATF is. The rest of the ATF his report is, but the bullet jagment, the bullet jacket fragment did have the stuff inscribed on it, and it matches the tooling of what he used at his home. So he had a certain tool he was using to inscribe on there what stuff about trans or ATF or whatever nonsense. It was from the crazy person and that matches up. So they so, no, they were able to conclusively connect that shelf fragment with the shooter that we all know, the trans young trans dude moron that killed Charlie Kirk but are running with. They couldn't identify the caliber of the shell. It wasn't him. Proof and the whole conspiracy that it was the Jews and that it was Erica Kirk, Charlie Kirk's wife, that horrible thing that she announced this week. She was supposed to speak at a Turning Point t TPUSA event and she had to cancel because she's gotten so many death threats. They don't think they can protect her, particularly because Candace Owens has gone on a run recently with more information about her. She's a robot controlled by the Jews. She's not even a human. I watched this video yesterday from Candas owns God. Candas is either just a Charlatan or crazy or both. But some of you out there believe that it's possible that Charlie Kirk's widow is a robot controlled by the Jews. You're nuts if you believe that or even considered a possibility. You're so crazy you should go to a mental institution right now, for the sake of society.
Speaker 3: I had a very disturbing conversation today with a couple of guys who I thought would never go down this road, who are very much on the canvas road, and the hey, there's no explaining this, but and you know, I didn't have time or interest in trying to set them straight. But grifters, like Candace, and they're a handful of them, they say things that are true and describe nefarious motives to them when there's a perfectly reasonable motive.
Speaker 1: They say things that are partly.
Speaker 3: True, maybe even seventy five percent true, but they leave out that twenty five percent that completely changes your perception of them.
Speaker 1: They do that all the time.
Speaker 3: And then third, they just make crap up and they stated with complete confidence. They assure you they have it from the highest sources, and It is as fictional as I don't know, the Easter Bunny, and but people fall for it for the reasons we've discussed on a number of occasion.
Speaker 1: This is a new level of whatever you want to call this sort of thing. The fact that this young mom of little kids has her husband's head practically blown off in front of her and she ends up fearing for her life. Yeah, because of this crazy s that people are spewing out there for financial gain and for no other reason. Yeah, is just a terrible development, and I hope it's not, but I would guess that it is. Just like we'll look back on this and say, oh, this is when this started, this era of this sort of.
Speaker 3: Thing began, the new normal, if I may indulge in that horrible cliche. Yeah, it's it's awful. And the people who are perpetrated are evil. I mean, they are just one hundred and twenty proof evil on our planet perverting people's minds like that. And you know the fact that these grifters are grifters doesn't bother me that much. They are grifters everywhere, but the fact that they would take their grift to the point that they're making unimaginable amounts of money, but putting innocent people their very lives at risk and doing something is obscene as bringing horror and pain and fear on the widow of a young man who was murdered trying to encourage open conversation.
Speaker 1: I was just the level of evil is just unbelievable. Yeah, you're right about the grifter thing. Fine, Like a musician Steve Earl says, it's snake oil, y'all, it's been around for a long long time. That's fine. But if you're selling me Jerry Springer, or if you're snake oil, you know you're selling me water with cherry flavoring in it and telling me it'll cure my ills. You know it's grifting. But nobody's really harmed. You lost a little money. This is your right evil And uh, I don't know if there's any stopping it is the problem.
Speaker 3: No, it's it has diagnosed and figured out how to exploit a fundamental couple of aspects of human psychology in a way that's just crazy, crazy, troubling.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this.
Speaker 3: A couple of days ago, a quoting Arthur Brooks the Great Psychologists or whatever it is. But about the sort of personality types that tend to fall for this, the needs that are fulfilled by it. It's you know, it reminds me of certain horrific political movements through history. They have understood human psychology and harnessed it to evil, evil purposes.
Speaker 1: But similar But didn't you think there was a limit for things that people would believe? Yes, I mean there are crazy people that will believe anything, But like masses of people that believe George H. W. Bush was raping, killing and eating babies, there are lots of people who believe that. There are lots of people who believe Erica Kirk is a robot run by the Israelis. Like I thought there was a limit to what you could push, yeah and find any takers. The only upside to this, and it's not nearly enough.
Speaker 3: The whole Internet conspiracy culture is that we're getting a sense of Like you're asking what percentages of folks are and there's probably a spectrum of from skeptical to credulous. Credulous meaning you believe, you will believe, you believe anything. And I've been shocked at how credulous a lot of people are, how easily duped they are maybe again they're running up against I mean, Kennice is exceptionally bright. She is way smart enough to learn how to manipulate people and exploit them.
Speaker 1: And the science has gotten really good. And from that story you had a couple of weeks ago, she's making tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean natural ballplayer money, like all star ballplayers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know. And you probably remember me saying this to people, like in private. One thing I've said to people for years, like if they just talk about in this job or whatever, I say, one thing I've learned from this line of work, emails, phone calls, text, They're way more crazy people than you thought there were. And that is one thing. So maybe that's what's happening now, all the way more crazy people than you ever thought existed. They're latching onto these stories.
Speaker 3: My new slogan, and it's not an encouraging one, is everyone's a grifter and everything's clickbait. Speaking of grifters, your personal information is valuable, and it's being bought and sold online and it's far more accessible than a lot of folks realize. Every time you do anything online, your dad is collected packaged and sold to data brokers.
Speaker 1: And that's why we both use in cogny. Hey, cogny can take care of the problem that is, your name is out there, your address is out there, your salary's probably out there, your phone number the way you went to scoed like you name, a piece of information about you, it is out there floating around and in Cognity can get it off of those sites and protect you from happening anymore. And that's why, by the way, you get so many scam emails, phone calls, and texts, and they don't just do it once.
Speaker 3: They keep sending follow up requests or your data stays removed, protecting you from spam, scams and real digital threats. Remember, they can't scam you if they can't find you take your personal data back. Within Cogni, it's like Incognito, but minus the T I n cog n i's.
Speaker 1: How it's spelled.
Speaker 3: Gets sixty percent off the regular price when you use the code armstrong and Incogniti dot com slash armstrong. Sixty percent off when you use the code armstrong and Incogniti dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 1: I hope this doesn't happen, but I fear that it will something really bad is gonna happen to Erica. Kirk heard her killed, and then I hope we can have some sort of conversation about how nuts things have gotten. Probably we won't do any good. Won't do any good? How is she fearing for her life as a young mom widow.
Speaker 3: I'm not the most religious person in the world by far, but this is the manifestation of evil that the Bible talks about. And you don't have to be religious to believe in the concept of evil or twisted minds. But yeah, this is as I said, this is pure distilled evil. It is greed, it is cruelty, It's endangering an innocent person's life.
Speaker 1: Is horrible. It's horrible. It's really second to me. Anybody have any thoughts on this or your opinion on this topic. Text line four one nine KFTC.
Speaker 2: Beef is getting harder for Americans to afford, which explains Pizza Hut's new left over Easter Candy Lover's Pizza No One out keeps is the Hut.
Speaker 1: Pizza Hut originated in Kansas, so I'm very familiar with Pizzahuts. I'm in a conversation with my brothers over the weekend about how crappy pizza Hut is compared to when we were young, when it was delicious. I don't know that they started using cheaper ingredients, but they had to have. Yeah. Some pizza joints compete on price, some on quality. Yeah it is right, Katy, disagree with your slamming of the pizza Hut. I have had it a couple of times in the last couple of months and it has been a winner. Advantage of being a pregnant woman. Wow, my husband's not a pregnant woman and he likes it. Yeah, I still eat it. I have eaten it not that long ago, but it ain't what he used me.
Speaker 3: So getting back to I promised I would sprinkle in some more examples of how Washington State is indeed America's looniest state, and this terrific writer is describing several examples of Seattle's new forty three year old mayor. Katie Wilson spent the last several years as General Secretary, a title she made up and gave herself of the Transit Riders Union, a group she created in twenty eleven. A self proclaimed socialist, she's relied heavily on subsidies from her parents, from paying her college tuition to paying ten thousand dollars for her childcare during her campaign. There's something too on the nose about a socialist mayor being reliant on funding from her parents into her forties.
Speaker 1: She's now the mayor of Seattle. And then that's classic though, that's Karl Marx himself. That's oh yeah, mom, Donnie, that's this person. It's just it happens. It's che Guevera and Fidel Castro as I've been going through a book on their revolution and rise. They were that kind of people. Yeah, yep, and gosh.
Speaker 3: He goes into the fact that it's forty years of one party rule in the governor's mansion makes California look like a purple state, and he addresses how could this be with all those innovative minds in Washington state more college degrees than any city in the nation. That's a minus, not a plus, really, But he says part of the answer is the wealth generated by the high tech sector insulates voters from the consequences of their actions. If public policy won't materially change your situation, why not vote for candidates you believe reflect your own righteousness, even if they are incompetent or dishonest.
Speaker 1: But then he gets to and this is the part I really wanted to get to.
Speaker 3: There was a State task Force on Artificial Intelligence, and at the first meeting of the task forces subcommittee on Climate and Sustainability, a social worker who was a member of the panel for some reason, explained at length her understanding of AI. And this is the short version, and I quote, I wish I had AUDIOI don't. So you can have a TV that doesn't need a plug. It either takes the energy out of the environment, like whatever the AI does. Right, we're talking nanotechnology, We're talking all kinds of stuff, all kinds of stuff already out there. So there is already a process out there where you can self power a TV. I don't know if there's any actual those type of TVs on the market. Is that something that I believe is out there. I've never seen it with my my own eyes. Absolutely, you know, I'm a person, I live in this world, and they're smart people out there.
Speaker 1: What And it went on in that vein for some time.
Speaker 3: Apparently the Attorney General's Office canceled that subcommittee as subcommittee meeting after I'm sorry, subcommittee, after just one meeting.
Speaker 1: What's this person's name. It's just a social worker. As a member of the AI panel, I feel like I need to follow them somehow. Oh I know, and that is stunning. He mentions.
Speaker 3: At that time, Seattle may Or Jenny Durkins comment that the violent takeover of the several city blocks by protesters in twenty twenty was actually a summer of love. And they're billion dollars in fraudulent unemployment claims during COVID medal overseas scammers Chop or Jazz or what it was jazz at first, then they renamed it Chop. But a few other states can combine Washington's share in competence with the arrogance of believing that we are policy leaders and looking down on the rest of the country even as we commit blunder after blunder. We are the New York Jets, but we think we're the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: We You don't need a plug for some TVs because they get their energy through the air, like AI does. What are you die? We're talking nanotechnology.
Speaker 3: We're talking all kinds of stuff, all kinds of stuff already out there.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it myself, but I'm sure it exists. These TVs there is power themselves by the electricity in the air, So there's already a process out there where you can self power a TV. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm a person. I live in this world and there's smart people out there. How'd you get to be at a level of any influence whatsoever? They live in a dream world supported by the wealth of the tech companies, just like California. If California didn't have Silicon Valley, oh my god, it would be a venezuela.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really economically, fiscally speaking, probably be better for us, actually force us into reality. We do a lot of segments, a lot of hours. If you miss anything, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You can find it. We got some good stuff for our four appreciate you joining us today Armstrong and Getty