Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Welcome to new Rory and Maul on Netflix. I was excited. You can never get this guy excited.
Speaker 1: Hey we're on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I've seen the greatest of shows with this guy, live performances that blew my mind and mall just not even being on Netflix does anything.
Speaker 3: It's very stoic.
Speaker 1: It's my j prince right there.
Speaker 2: I mean, we do need to do a twenty three meters with you guys. I mean somewhere down the line. There's some relatives, some relations for sure. But yes, welcome to our first episode on Netflix, well, our first new one, because we did upload some older episodes just so people that were discovering the show could have an idea.
Speaker 3: But we are here, We have arrived.
Speaker 4: We are here, and then the forest of k Netflix will never be the same?
Speaker 1: Will readia for Netflix?
Speaker 2: Should we do it like promote this the way they promote all like the new podcast of like they're going to say the craziest thing, No one's safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when these guys get on the microphone.
Speaker 1: The culture will shift as a result.
Speaker 3: The tectonic plates.
Speaker 4: Yes, nothing will be the same, but we are happy to be here at on our new home.
Speaker 1: Yes Netflix, So yeah, man, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Let's have some fun. Yeah, I add some uh unnamed champagne here. I'll keep the logo this way. But you know, just I thought it was a nice, nice gesture. And on a snow day too. I hope Netflix already Uh we're complaining.
Speaker 1: Alcoholics always need a reason to drink, don't they.
Speaker 2: I think being on Netflix is a pretty good uh yeah, pretty good thing. And I was sober through the entire snow experience. So nobody believes that I swear to God. Nobody believes that.
Speaker 1: You think that helps you do? I put that on my mama.
Speaker 5: You don't even talk to you, you know, I said, Rory, I said roral tweets.
Speaker 3: Is that close to it?
Speaker 5: I said yesterday that said it was a girl that said I swear out my life. And the dude responded was like, bitch, you suicidal swear on something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you are, mama already to be You need.
Speaker 3: To monetize from Netflix alive? Can we do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, keep it, but listen, they they write people live on Netflix.
Speaker 3: It's in the scripted series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is true.
Speaker 5: It's so like I think, Oh, there's an intimacy coordinator I feel like we need an intimacy coordinator.
Speaker 3: Is what do they do?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: Intimacy coordinator is someone that goes on the sets of TV shows, movies and things like that for sex scenes or like any type of like seeing that if those two people, Yeah, like that.
Speaker 3: Would make people uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Probably God.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So they like place like balls and like little cover ups in between nipples and like they.
Speaker 3: Make sure like cover between nipples when.
Speaker 5: People are having sex on Netflix while they're not actually having sex, So there needs.
Speaker 3: To be covered.
Speaker 1: Don't cover my nipples.
Speaker 3: We covered my nipples for not not your nipples.
Speaker 1: Cover her nipples?
Speaker 3: Yes, what so that she's comfortable.
Speaker 2: She's acting them all with pasties on and the sex scene is just funny.
Speaker 3: She's not really fucking like she's No.
Speaker 4: I get that part, but I'm saying, you don't have to cover the nipples for us to not like nobody thinks we're really having sex.
Speaker 5: It's not about we're not, but it's uncomfortable for the actor. Yeah, but we still see nipples though sometimes, but it's not rubbing. I've never seen a sex scene and did not see nipples.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: No, there's yes, you can have. I saw the saw the boob and it was Pasty's on a nipple.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's.
Speaker 2: Like hiding nipple purposely in the scene because it's not Maybe are rated, they are covered by things like I.
Speaker 4: Get genitalia being covered. I get that part. But I've never seen a really.
Speaker 1: Good sex scene.
Speaker 5: I'm doing a scene and I'm laying on my back and there's a man on top of me. There is something in between my orogenous zones so that when he's rubbing against me, it's not uncomfortable for the both of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So won't be watching that movie. You don't see it. You don't see it. It's for that actor.
Speaker 4: No, I can tell I know a good sex scene versus the sexcey where they had no chemistry.
Speaker 1: Those actors had the chemistry.
Speaker 4: Those are the ones with the pasties and the rogin his zone blockers. I don't want to see a sex scene with the rogin his zone blocker.
Speaker 2: All right, let me try to say disrespect, because I have a lot of respect for for Chloe Bailey. In that scene in that show that went viral, it's pretty much the trailer.
Speaker 3: To to watch them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he's blowing her back out and you see kind of her arch like the top of her cheeks. You don't think there was like close between them there. You can't I know that, Okay, I'm saying that if if a woman is and she had paid, like even though our shirt was off, she had things on her tips, you just can't see that, Okay, Okay, all right, maybe we're over explaining. No ononder they didn't get a mall emmy. I doubt there's been any real I think it's like a like union mandated.
Speaker 3: You can't just have but ass sexies unless you're These are not regular cups. These this is for the beer pong. I clean them, Okay.
Speaker 2: Marriage nobody's drinking that, don't worry about it. It looks just for the camera.
Speaker 4: Rodging his own blockers. That's the celebratory zone blocker.
Speaker 2: So what what would the intimacy counselor do for our show?
Speaker 1: Coordinator?
Speaker 2: Yeah, made one of our sketches, Yet.
Speaker 5: They would like make sure okay we're on. It's so weird because we're on Netflix now and I'm like afraid, like my aunts are tuned in for sure. All the crazy things I would say for the YouTube community, I'm.
Speaker 4: Over here, like you're afraid to say things on Netflix but not YouTube.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just because I feel like Netflix is for the like my aunts and them have Netflix, like my my my mother has Netflix. My mother's not going to YouTube to watch this show. Like it's just different. I don't know, it's so easily accessible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I will say I went to my godfather's right before the snowstorm and it was a bunch of adults there and they were thrilled that it was on, like, oh, I can finally watch it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I was like, you do know YouTube? Like it was on your phone? You could have like no, I don't know how to do that. Now, could you go on my TV and watch it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The adults were thrilled. Where your whole older family is going to see all the foul things that you say. And you may want to hire an intimacy coordinator for times like this.
Speaker 5: For like times when Maul is like asking me if I'm ovulating, like like I need intimacy over here, like are you okay? Like is that okay?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: By though, like this is I can't ask if you're ovulator?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with that? That's like a major that's like a normal bodily, i'd s.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how the population continues. I understand. Yeah, I'm that you were concerned for the baby.
Speaker 4: I'm on the side of if you're ovulating, if you're you know, on your monthly out listen, I'm one of those out you can take the time off, like I'm one of those guys.
Speaker 3: I can take this time off with I'm on my monthly since win. I'm been onto my past for five years.
Speaker 4: Okay, baby, if you're on your menstrul, you're on your cycle, just send me the app so I can track it, and then I will give you to you.
Speaker 2: I have to be able to prove it. I have to be able to prove it. I have to be able to prove that she even the period apps, you personally submit that in there, they can guess.
Speaker 1: But the baby gives it to me. Now, I can kind of track it now.
Speaker 3: But what if she switches to birth control and it changed has to control.
Speaker 1: She has to tell me that as her as her employer, she has to tell me that, okay, left until my monthly.
Speaker 4: Okay, so send me to the date and then I'll track it from there and then one day if you come me like Ma you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm cramping. I'm not like listening. I'll check the app. Yeah, intimisson Coordinator, right, are you.
Speaker 3: Gonna keep pushing notifications on?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely? I want to know when baby deeds ovulating? Okay, cool?
Speaker 5: You know that in that app you also track every time you have sex too, So I don't know if you want to put your push notifications on every time.
Speaker 1: You have to know I won't get no sleep. I should be going.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, oh, baby, baby, go to bed.
Speaker 1: Baby D's added a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yo.
Speaker 2: Imagine I had pushed notification, Oh baby having yo? Please definite like yo, if you don't go, take your horny ash to sleep?
Speaker 3: Man, what's roll with you? It's a nasty collab calendar.
Speaker 1: Yes, we need it, though.
Speaker 4: We need to know when baby's not feeling well? What the all women, not just baby, the all women. That should be a thing. You're on your monthly you're not feeling women should be able to stay home, man, that's that's a natural thing.
Speaker 2: My favorite story of when a director needed it, Intimacy Coordinator was Dame when he got sued. And I want to make it clear that Dame beat this case. They never say when Dame beats the lawsuits. He was directing a movie and he told a woman he was too uncomfortable to talk about sex with her and director that way. So he gave her a porno DP and say, yo, go watch this.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, intimacy? What is it? Coordinator? Intimate?
Speaker 2: She coordinated the way Dame explained it.
Speaker 3: He was like, no, I was doing the respectful thing.
Speaker 2: It would have been disrespectful if I went to her like I need you to suck like this, fuck like this. To me, I felt that was too inappropriately. Watched this, so I was like, yo, here you go, like, do what they do on do what they do? Go in the car and come back. Go in the car, got seven minutes to get back here. Well, flick the bean.
Speaker 1: Come back.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the scene. Flick the bean, get to the scene. How mars, how do you think you're doing a scripted sex thy? Not really having sex? Like I've thought about that. Would you want that last night?
Speaker 1: Underneath you?
Speaker 3: Somebody I wasn't at one top.
Speaker 1: Wait you have baby, she always shout it.
Speaker 5: Feel I would want somebody I wasn't attracted to, Like I don't want my biggest crush. You know what I'm saying as an actor, because then you know, it gets uncomfortable, get real uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: It's real. You might get an oscar.
Speaker 3: I can't turn myself on, might get an oscar. He might slip it in by accident.
Speaker 4: See that's why, that's why he needs an intimacy coordinated counselor.
Speaker 3: That's essentially because she's into him, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I don't think. No, I would rather have somebody I'm not attracted to. I've never explained to explain it because it's work.
Speaker 5: It's the same thing where I won't want a podcast with somebody that I'm attracted.
Speaker 3: To, like it's work.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, like, norady, y'all, no, shady, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Why would you want to because if I'm like.
Speaker 5: If I find you cute in it, like, it's distract it's a distraction.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing what I'm saying? Because they don't flirting.
Speaker 5: I'm not acting like with y'all, I'm actively like being funny, being a personality. If I'm attracted to them, like I'm like, I'm putting on my best riz like it's just it's a distraction.
Speaker 3: I can I'm an adult.
Speaker 2: I can have a coise those two different things, for for sure, Like I'm not every day you want to be funnier maybe when you're sitting there, but that just makes for a better pot. But I could contain myself from like really trying to flirt, like because I'm attracted to.
Speaker 5: Somebody, it's not even just even if even if you aren't acting on it, it's a distraction. Like if I'm looking at Rory like damn, yo, he looks so good, I'm distracted.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't put you pout for a little.
Speaker 2: I feel like you could fight through the urges every day and somebody every day. Oh okay, I was thinking more like not.
Speaker 3: A guess episode, No, every day every day.
Speaker 2: Working with somebody every day that you really want to fuck. Yeah, that's that's tough. At that point, I would probably try to turn off that. Like now it's we work together, now, like this is we've decided this is.
Speaker 3: Never gonna happen again because we work together.
Speaker 4: I'm about to say I've dealt with that, like when I was working, Like I've had jobs women that I was attracted to, but once you work with them, for like three months, you don't even look at them like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, once you date some once you get to know anyone, a crush is just a lack of information. So once you know somebody for more than three minutes, you'd be like, I understand what, Well, we.
Speaker 4: Can go both ways because you can have a crush on somebody and then once you really get to know me, like, damn, I really like this person.
Speaker 1: I know that, or excuse me, no, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Or they can say something that will turtle like turn you off completely and like you I'm like.
Speaker 2: Okay, just put a beep there.
Speaker 3: Yes, she was so hot. It's funny that that's here.
Speaker 1: She was so hot.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, do you have kids or like anything like that. That's the one that puts it over the edge. Yeah, sometimes getting what you wish for is the absolute worst. Like have you even kind of not I don't want to say red flags because that's just like a little annoyances. In the first thirty days, you're like, we'll push through these, she's that bad, and then ninety days in you're like, this is the most annoying, bad bitch I've ever seen in my entire I totally understand why nobody has stayed with her longer than a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then, but not only that, When you're working with somebody that's attractive, you first meet them, like, damn, who's the new girl that just got high? She's bad because I've been through that all the homies gold Peak. She nice after like three months, a couple of conversations, you like, that's Angela.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. She's cute, but this is like, that's Angela like that. Sometimes it works out.
Speaker 2: Remember those two news anchors that she on their spouses and I think they're together now, Like sometimes that's your soulmate, that's your twin flames sitting next to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they.
Speaker 2: Probably figured that out on the air. That chemistry showed up there that made them get like, you know, fuck my family. Yeah, this is where I need to be, like work in here.
Speaker 5: You can't let your family keep you from the love of your life. M I'm lying more Malan.
Speaker 1: That's from the Book of Nigga Damas. I love that book. I read that everything.
Speaker 2: The amount of children that have grown up fatherless because of that theory and then ended up robbing us is it is the reason why you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: Mom boy had a really cute girl that was working in his store, and the other day I was like, yo, it's the cute because I hadn't seen no every time like I go visit, I'm like, yohe's the girl that used to work. He'sa nah fired. I was like, damn, what happened? He's like, Yo, she called out one day to go protest?
Speaker 5: Isn't that like protected? Like you can't fire somebody for that small I'm not on.
Speaker 2: The mall side of what the protest is. We don't need to put a name on the protest protests I support. You can't just not go to work that day. You can't not go to work because you want to go protest?
Speaker 1: Did protected? This job? Is protect?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Really a company?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: If that was the case, I could open up my phone and find a protest every day every week.
Speaker 1: I'm a protest.
Speaker 3: But I think that that's I think that's different.
Speaker 2: And even that like shit in the in mid twenty tens when the protests were going crazy, Yeah, they got crazier after six pm because people had to go to work.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, at well, employment in most states like New York employers can fire people for any reason, including public protesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean I can see how it can get into the weeds of what you're protesting this and that. But if you just be like, yo, I'm not coming into work because I'm going to protest, to me, that's an easy fire. Like I think there's companies that be like, hey, if you fully support this, everyone's going to take the day. We're taking a Wednesday off for all of us to go do that. If you don't want to do it, take the day off. I could see that. But just somebody calling in like.
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm going to protest personal.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean you have first of all, you have sick days, just saying And that's another thing I never understood, like when people like even like for example, when me and my home girls go on vacation and they like, yo, I don't know what I'm gonna tell about.
Speaker 5: Tell them niggas, you ain't coming in. I don't understand why you feel like you have to give them an excuse. Oh I'm sick. Oh, I don't feel good. Oh my grandmother died. I'm not coming in today for personal reasons.
Speaker 3: Period. They don't have to ask you, they ask you.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: It's it's for personal reasons.
Speaker 1: Show them when they fire you, can they say we fired you for personal.
Speaker 5: They can't fire you for not coming in for personal reasons. They cannot fire it.
Speaker 1: If they can have a personal reason for firing you.
Speaker 5: I mean it's that well employment, you can fire me, but you better make sure that you cross your eyes and dotted your cues or whatever the fuck, because I'm.
Speaker 1: Calling I used to dot my cues.
Speaker 2: I mean you kind of cross a Q is just an oh, that's like halfway cross.
Speaker 5: They gotta splash it or something like that. Whatever, because I'm calling them folk.
Speaker 2: If it's if it's a one time thing, yeah, of course, Like you can't ask somebody if that's not their character. Like they're not calling out or own a blate all the time and they're just like, yo, I have some personal things going on.
Speaker 3: Cool, But if that happens all the time, you'll yeah, but that's anything if anything happens all the time.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of parents with some older kids that tell me they allow their kids to have a few personal days from school. Well, I think that is cool and important, and I'm a big advocate of mental health.
Speaker 3: Put better help ad here.
Speaker 2: Life doesn't care about your personal days, Like, are we preparing your kids that in the right way? I think the real world does not care about your personal shit.
Speaker 3: I understand that, but it's not about that.
Speaker 2: I don't want my kids to fucking implode and go nuts. I get it, But I'm still on the side of how I was raised, Like, no, you're going to school like you even funk about your personal probless.
Speaker 5: Not like working for you, like working through your mental health issues, coming to work and doing everything you gotta do. How's that working for you? What do you mean you think you're like okay? Or you think you could use some personal days.
Speaker 4: I could definitely use some person I mean myself, I could definitely use some personal days.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think it's case by case basis of what happens in school, because school can be a very dangerous, scary, full of anxiety type of environment for some kids. And I can identify and understand that. But if you cool and you just want to day off, that's not how the world works. Okay, you know that's fine with me. Here's the thing, the world don't work that way. We have to put these episodes up I signed a contract. I have to do this because I said I was going to do it, and that's how the world works. So yeah, even though I don't want to come in here on certain days, I'm shoveling my car out Monday morning with a Mars screaming or fucking head off in the backseat, and I'm coming here.
Speaker 5: And all of those are choices that you made yourself as a kid. You did not make the choice to go to school or be born. You actually have no say in any of that shit. You don't even gotta choose what fucking classes you're taking when you're in middle school.
Speaker 3: So I mean me.
Speaker 5: Personally, I'm not gonna lie. I feel like it's a kid by kid basis and a case by case basis. Like because I know my kid gonna wake me up on day, I'm gonna go wake my kid up on day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta go school.
Speaker 5: They gonnaokt me and be like, ma, I really can't do it today, And I'm gonna look at them my elf.
Speaker 3: We in the house. I can't do it. Togay either're like whatever.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing I'm not saying I even stand on either side with this, because I do get in.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: If Amar comes in her room in my room crying in fourth grade of saying like I just can't do it today, you think I'm gonna turn into a drill sergeant. No, my fucking heart is gonna melt and I'm gonna be like, just stay here, I'll hug you. But as my freshman football coach said every single time, if you quit during double sessions, yeah it'll be easy. Nothing wrong will happen in your life, but it'll make the next thing easier to quit. And then you'll just start a fucking pattern of quitting when things are a little rough that morning, and now you're just this fucking soft person that's gonna sit there like, well, the last time I said I wasn't going into school, everything was fine, and then that just leads to you doing it all the time, and now you a fucking dropout.
Speaker 4: And now you're stuck behind seven to eleven for OxyS exactly because oxies make you feel better.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to go to school.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I see both sides.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm asking everyone in the room what that balance looks like, that's all, but I don't have the answer.
Speaker 4: My nephew has this new thing of where he says it's illegal. So like he told my sister it's illegal for kids to go outside when it's twenty degrees, like that's going to keep them going to school. But he don't know what it's illegal for the teachers to take them outside for recess.
Speaker 1: So he but he thinks it's illegal to just leave the house like this. Nigga tried all not to know it's illegal.
Speaker 4: Nigga, you getting on that bus, you will be outside for ten seconds, then get on a hot bus. You get off the bus. It's school for ten seconds to go into hot school building.
Speaker 2: Now I kind of I respect that more than a mental health day. At least you're trying to work the system that's working you. Yeah, he's like, it's not legal for kids. I see what I'm trying to do. It's illegal for real to take.
Speaker 4: Kids outside for recess if it's below thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: I think something like that.
Speaker 4: But he thinking like once he here, it's illegal for kids. He thinking like, oh no, I can't even leave my house. Just illegal for me to leave the house. Like that's the keep you trying to play that card. Now, that's so cute. Yeah, he'll be in school tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That see.
Speaker 2: That would almost convince me like you made a good argument. You're wrong as fuck. But I appreciate the attention now that I ain't working on my sister. That ain't happen, of course not.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a balance. I feel like I would.
Speaker 5: I would from the beginning of school year you get you get two mental health days a school year to a school year, I feel like that's but what.
Speaker 2: We're doing during those mental health days? You playing Xbox if that's what you need to do.
Speaker 1: You've had mental health days from school?
Speaker 5: Uh, well, back I couldn't do that. My mother was like, go to school. I just would skip, like you see what I'm saying, So like, that's not something new that that kids are just not doing.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you want to go to school?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: There were times where, especially middle school, it's just so especially as a girl, there's so much drama and just weird shit that's going on, and people that are supposed to be your friends are talking behind your back, and then somebody's messing with a boy they're not supposed to be with, And when you're young, you just feel you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to go to school because people have told Maha, you're back, just it could be anything.
Speaker 2: When you're a kid, shit just feels heavier, like and I know that sucks, But that doesn't change in the office.
Speaker 3: That doesn't change in adult worlds. No, it doesn't. It does not change. And it sucks to say that.
Speaker 2: You kind of have to get not used to it or think it's okay, but get exposed to it so it doesn't affect you in a way that's gonna cripple you as an adult.
Speaker 3: But shit like that goes on for a week, two weeks.
Speaker 5: If you take me one one day out of that two weeks, it's not like you're avoiding the problem.
Speaker 3: It's just like, yo, today, I can't deal with this shit.
Speaker 2: I hip check kids at the playground that even touching marrow Like, I'm with you. If I find out that there's been a week that she's been bullied by the same group of girls, is yeah, it's gonna be time.
Speaker 3: What's their last names?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with my address dot com, we find on their parents and we're going from there.
Speaker 5: Bully and I would never let my kid run from now. You're not running from bullying. But when sometimes shit you're just overwhelmed, Like you got a lot of fucking homework, you got all these fucking classes. Shit not go right with your friends, You got sports, you got that. Sometimes kids, I get overwhelmed as an adult from dealing with a whole bunch of shit. So when you're a kid and you got all that going on, it's not weird for you to get overwhelmed. So I used to skip, Like I would skip a class or skip two classes and go put my fucking headphones on, put on all the Drake Raars from YouTube, and sit underneath the steps with my headphones in.
Speaker 1: And he was one of those first time classes. He was one of the weird girls. I wasn't if I saw you sitting under bleach, I was like it was weird or right what she doing?
Speaker 5: Not the bleeding, but like in the basement where the gym is, like where nobody really goes, you know, the art class basement shit like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just be have my hoodie on with my headphones.
Speaker 1: Is just being my own little girl.
Speaker 2: But I mean, of course there's stuff wrong with that. But I don't think what I'm saying is.
Speaker 3: What you're saying.
Speaker 2: It I skipped school all the time, and it wasn't to do progressive things. But I mean it's still with things that taught me about life. Like I wasn't literally just being like, yo, I'm so anxious just so I could trick my mom so I could play PS two for the rest of the day. Like that's where I'm saying the meta to hell shit could just be used and which is a perfect segue to yay, which we'll get to.
Speaker 3: But I mean that's what I'm more on the side of, Well, you're.
Speaker 2: Not about just because you don't feel like going to school that day doesn't mean that you're not going to.
Speaker 3: School that day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I think that that makes sense. But your kids know how to manipulate you. You know how to manipulate your parents. I knew how to manipulate mine.
Speaker 1: On work system.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like your kids know how to manipulate you. So you could say, my kid won't be able to get this or get this one off, but your kid will be able to get one off, and as a parent, you just got to learn to.
Speaker 1: Deal with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's it's not even your kid getting it off. I think you know when your kid is trying to be slick, and sometimes as a parent, you just feel like, you know what, you can stay home, but you know what they pulling. You know they're not sick. You're like, yo, you just had those days where kids just don't want to get it. You've had those days you don't want to get up, get dressed, go to school, like just was tired or whatever, but you weren't sick like I used to to pay I don't feel good, I feel great. I just didn't feel like getting on the train, going all the way to hall them and going to school. I didn't feel like doing that. But I wasn't sick. I wasn't at home coughing and it had a fever, none of that. I just I'm like, damn, I gotta get I gotta go to school.
Speaker 5: Especially days like this, going to school, school outside, it's nasty outside.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, this is for what? But then I noticed.
Speaker 4: That there be times where you feel like that you go to school before you know the school day is over.
Speaker 1: School really isn't that bad? School is?
Speaker 5: I used to enjoy school when I was a kidd So school is fun. Some days it ain't, but school is usually fun, especially.
Speaker 4: School not fun like what was it about that day where it was like school didn't feel fun today? It was probably something petty like you ain't money, your homegirls was beefing about something.
Speaker 1: I wasn't speaking. But when you're in a.
Speaker 4: You liked like you saw him holding another girl's hand in all way like the other period, like now.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, this week sucks. It's like, no, it doesn't. This week is fine.
Speaker 4: Like you just are upset about something, and as a kid, you don't know how to handle your emotions and things like that, so you run from it. I don't want to go today. I'm not going to school. Why I don't feel good? That's not that's not why that boy didn't call you back, or he's he's flirting with another girl, or you don't want to deal with that. And I think as parents you know that because you dealt with it right, and then when it's your turn you have kids, you know like okay, and that's where you have the conversation with your kids, like, yo, so.
Speaker 1: What's going on, what's going on in school? What happened?
Speaker 2: Because you know it ain't that they sick. It's not your kid is not sick. Kid is fine.
Speaker 4: They just don't feel like dealing with the social aspect of being in the school today.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Before you get to that, I got to tell you something. We're back responsor abut boostmow Wi unlimited talk, texts and data.
Speaker 3: Perfect segue. I don't know what it's like to be in school.
Speaker 2: Now with the phone, I can assume a lot more weird bullying, weird drama, shit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I wish I had a smart phone in high school, so I don't know smart Maybe I would need a mental health day if I had a smartphone in junior high and high school, Like, yeah, maybe I would have needed one. Because this is not I can't even escare all the way to midnight. I'm able to talk with everybody that I go to high school with.
Speaker 5: So they want to take the phrase they want to take the phones out of I mean, but I could we were talking.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, but come on, when I was different between then and now.
Speaker 3: Facebook and Twitter we're big. When I was in high school, we.
Speaker 2: Had my Space and Facebook, but like it wasn't like we didn't live and breathe it.
Speaker 3: Now we lived and breathe Facebook.
Speaker 4: When I was envy, I envy kids being in high school now to have like Instagram and ship.
Speaker 1: Nah, I wish I had that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I imagine if I had a smartphone in between classes, I get the interview kids in the school by how they feeling, Like I would pod in between classes like real quick three minutes, like yo, so how you felt about that last class?
Speaker 1: You jacking the teacher?
Speaker 2: Jacking the teacher? I would be little. I don't know what. Like social media. If I had it, I'm out there even doing like teacher recaps for the underclassmen, like you could go back a year to CEO, I took the same class.
Speaker 3: Look at all my reviews. Yeah, give me your teacher reviews.
Speaker 1: For the day.
Speaker 3: Well they have that.
Speaker 5: Well it's mainly in college rate my professor dot com because I used to use that. But these you have to understand these kids from what I see my friends kids, my ex'es daughter, like, they have so much pressure on them because, for example, the girls.
Speaker 3: Have it's just too much access.
Speaker 5: So now these eighteen year old girls, seventeen year old girls don't look eighteen, don't look seventeen.
Speaker 3: They got bussed on weaves.
Speaker 5: They out here wearing the same shit that we wearing we got the same fashion over a fucking outfit on and then the little boys that are competing with them are competing with these niggas that are playing fucking college hoops. Because everybody has access to everybody, everybody feels like they should look the way everybody else looks. On Instagram, there's no blurred lines of this person is an adult and this person is a teenager. It's very weird for them. The kids are coming home asking poor kids, not regular kids like not like well off kids, like poor kids. We from the hood niggas, These little niggas asking for Mary's for their birthday, for they fifteenth birthday for high school?
Speaker 3: What why you want thousand dollar jeans? Y're all competing, Like why are y'all?
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 3: It's very very.
Speaker 2: They don't notice, like two pairs black jeans, blue jeans, that's what you got that first that it lasts.
Speaker 5: For the whole year of school, the old the old schools, beef and BROCCOLI's. What was the first day of school shoes old schools, beef and broccoli.
Speaker 3: Even brocks on the first day.
Speaker 5: Per Jordan's it was old schools, old school white on whites. Uh, the air Force ones school we call them old schools.
Speaker 1: In Upstates, there was.
Speaker 2: Always that was always old schools.
Speaker 1: Old schools. That's crazy. I've never heard that before, white on whites or old schools.
Speaker 5: I didn't even notice that that was Upstate slang until y'all just didn't know what I was talking about old schools.
Speaker 1: I've never heard air forces we called old schools.
Speaker 2: And how cold did you said on the first day of school? You were in beefing brons We used to.
Speaker 5: They used to wear that ship like it was cool, like it was I love beefing like you didn't. There was no snow on the ground.
Speaker 2: Niggas just put the their version of trying to steal beefing brox is these so but the.
Speaker 3: First got mont Clear sneaker slash boots. I like these boots.
Speaker 1: Good boot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's elements outside, run.
Speaker 1: From police, jump over snow banks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Before we get to Kanye taking his mental health day from school, how did you guys handle handle the snowstorm? Because the marus was talking like we was locked up for a week. I had to remind her that the snow day was twelve hours.
Speaker 1: I know, but I ain't left the crib since Thursday when we recorded.
Speaker 2: I think because of your health scare, you were already like locked up and then you had a day of freedom and then parole came locking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had to go right back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And like I said, like I was telling Rory, I'm like, yo, I love being single, Like being single is for me. But when all your homegirls is like they locked in with a nigga, you just in the house.
Speaker 3: I was in the house rocking like this.
Speaker 5: You only watched so much Law and Order, like you only deal with so much rape.
Speaker 3: So I'm just sitting in there, like, but that's.
Speaker 4: Why you got to get off a Law and Order and watch something else. You can't be watching a Law and Order and you locked in the house.
Speaker 2: That's torture, that's a snow that's a snow day special though order and a mental health is sick day.
Speaker 3: You just watched Long Order.
Speaker 5: But like three to four days I was in there, man, I was just cooking random shit like shit don't even go together. Why am I boiler apples? Like I'm just doing shit, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Yo, I did the same fucking thing. I made wings in the crockpot. Early so they could cook for like six hours for the second game. And then I was just I bought all this food for no fucking reason. I started making bowling. A's and my daddy's like, wait, we got chicken wings over here.
Speaker 3: You about to make bowling it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm making everything, just putting shit together today, probably.
Speaker 1: Up grocery shopping was dumb.
Speaker 4: I was like, I bought all I bought these groceries and I cooked breakfast.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 4: Everything else I was just like, you, dam I have nothing to eat, and I was just looking at shit in the fridge like bro.
Speaker 5: I did an insta car order. My original instacr order was one hundred and twenty dollars. My final receipt was only forty five dollars because nothing was available to the niggas. Ain't have avocados, green beans, green peppers, sliced cheese, sliced turkey.
Speaker 1: I said, you niggas with what day was? Day was this?
Speaker 3: This was Saturday morning?
Speaker 4: Oh nah, you're a rookie. I know was supposed to Friday, Thursday. Friday's supposed to get that Saturday morning. That's the apocalypse is twelve hours you supposed to get that days before. You wait till twelve twelve hours left before the apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Nah, it ain't gonna be nothing on the shelves.
Speaker 4: My homegirls mitching Major shout to Mitchell Major that I told them Thursday. I'm like, Yo, listen, y'all better get some groceries because it's gonna be you know, I mean, Sunday is gonna be rough.
Speaker 1: Ye, I ain't gonna be like. It ain't gonna be nothing. They always say that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, all right, guess who facetied me together Sunday afternoon? Agree to Why they ain't got no groceries. I'm looking at the phone. I told y'all Thursday, go get groceries. Everybody thought this storm Piege was another one, like, nah, this storm is weak.
Speaker 5: It is weak, but everybody else perception is everything. Everybody else acted like it was the worst shit in the world. So now groceries ain't available because everybody took it like everybody went great.
Speaker 1: No, the storm wasn't weak though. That was a legit snowstorm we.
Speaker 5: Got, Yeah, but it wasn't that bad. What I'm from upstate, that was nothing. If I get like today, I was able to walk outside it's not that bad.
Speaker 4: Well that's because they do a great job of, you know, shoveling the sidewalks and things like that. But it's a lot of snow outside for this era. Yeah, that's a lot of snow for the last four or five years. Yes, this was a lot.
Speaker 2: But back to kids that take mental health days, it was fine though, Like it really wasn't that that crazy. Yeah, this used to be a very regular thing.
Speaker 1: But I was happy that.
Speaker 2: Major in them because I mean, they'll deliver I don't know what they deliver, food to meat or hurricane.
Speaker 4: Well Major Major had food from Saturday that she ordered and didn't eat, so she ate that Sunday, so she had to live like a fugitive for twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure she's fine.
Speaker 3: Do you, I mean, I know not.
Speaker 2: Now, how do you decide who your companion is going to be for the snow day when you're.
Speaker 4: Single, you don't do what you've always done.
Speaker 2: She comes through that night and when you wake up, she snowed in.
Speaker 4: Nah, you're setting up for the no no no. If a girl came to see you Saturday, she knew she was staying with you all day Sunday.
Speaker 2: Fair no woman knew she was not leaving your house. But if you're like somebody like Pea's like, now, it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: I'll just leave in the morning.
Speaker 2: Because there's been times with inclement weather that I went to somebody's house like I leave in the morning, and then there was no way I was leaving the rookies.
Speaker 1: I would never learning experience.
Speaker 4: I would never go to a woman's house planning to leave the next day when it's supposed to be a snowstorm. If I go to Onoe's house and the day before snowstorm, I plan on staying there through the snowstorm, there's no I'm stuck here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not stuck nowhere. Isn't grown man, it's not happening, all right. So see you did it, Dolo Dolo watched the games chilled in the crib. That was it, man. I had food. I had some hot cocoa.
Speaker 3: I was good. That it's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it, all right? You vegan so it was with water. That's nasty. You got me twisted. You think I drink hot chocolate with water? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else would you do with oat milk? Same thing you put in your coffee? Yeah, that's it is vegan. Yeah, always got jeve water. Really carrots carrots is funny? Fuck up carrots all charity? You hate carrots all day Sunday.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I didn't think you were Rudolph.
Speaker 1: I just you know, no, yeah, be backing like yeah oat milky never had that's.
Speaker 3: Actually the only I've had it.
Speaker 1: I've had it. Well yeah, fire, okay.
Speaker 2: Yet, Maul, I see that Demerius is over there on a phone that is not the all new iPhone Pro seventeen designed to be the most powerful iPhone ever.
Speaker 1: Is that Is that a flip phone? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you concerned about traffic or someone trying to transfer all your data?
Speaker 1: You got no snowstorm updates on that phone?
Speaker 3: Well, good news to Maris. I know you're sitting over there.
Speaker 2: If you go to boost Mobile, they will send an expert to your home and deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro, So you don't have to have that sour look that you have on your face right now while you're scrolling through it was that iPhone twelve.
Speaker 4: Boost Mobile would never If you visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices. Purchase at boosmogo dot com terms.
Speaker 1: Are bl.
Speaker 2: Well. Yes, back to our mental health day. Kanye finally took one and did a nice dissertation an op ed Wall Street Journal. I believe this was took out. It took out a whole ad, because I don't even think it's an article.
Speaker 3: I just think he took out a long ass ad in the Wall Street Journal, starting out.
Speaker 2: With to those I've hurt, and I mean, I'll save everyone for the time for the most party, suggesting that after his accident that we all know started through the wire, he said that that damaged his frontal lobe, which could have, you know, led him to further further diagnosis of bipolar disorder. Doctors were telling me he had, you know, small signs of autism to begin, but he was suggesting that this went undiagnosed and untreated, and it led him to hurt a lot of people. It led him to loving the swastika. It's who owns lexus? Because I know Kanye hit his face on the steering wheel of his Lexus when he got in a car accident. I'm just curious how that landed on a swastika.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well, because he probably hit the lexus logo, and then and then it kind of good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of like how you reversed the chat GBT logo and it turns in never mind. So yeah, he was apologizing for a lot of his behavior over the years. He's he understands that he's hurt a lot of people. He went into a long, long description of what bipolar is and how it's diagnosed, and how the doctors that he had suggested that that wasn't the case. And now his wife, after he hit rock bottom, suggested that he get some more help. And I think now he is fully accepted that he does have bipolar type one and he wanted to apologize to everyone the week before Bully comes out. So yeah, I don't forgive him no, no, I see, I want to see what you're gonna say, because everyone cares about mental health.
Speaker 3: It's time to care about mental health.
Speaker 1: Who's up?
Speaker 3: I like this because I.
Speaker 2: Think every white actor that has lost his fucking mind off drugs, done some wild shit on Hollywood Boulevard always has their moment when they sit down with fucking Diane Sawyer and like, yo, I was going crazy, I had mental health, and we.
Speaker 3: All wrap our arms around them and love them.
Speaker 1: No, we don't.
Speaker 2: White actors are allowed to have fucking mental breakdowns and then get right back to the place they were supposed to be. No. I have been on this pod saying millions of things I disagree with Kanye West about not true, But now I'm saying, why can't he get the same luxury as as as fucking other people?
Speaker 4: That's not true because if that's the case, nobody forgave mel Gibson for his rant.
Speaker 1: He was just on Joe Rogan where everyone's like, yo, it's go.
Speaker 4: I don't mean that, don't mean that, don't mean that. Don't mean people forgave him and wrap their arms around him. Nobody forgave whole Colgan he's still a racist.
Speaker 3: Well he's dead.
Speaker 4: He probably has more reason to have CTE and concussions than anybody.
Speaker 1: He's been getting body slams for seven or if you.
Speaker 2: Don't think people forgave Hulk Hogan, Hulk Hogan never had a never once did it bro when he died.
Speaker 4: When he died and people was posting about him on social media, they were people clowning people for that, like, oh, y'all are really okay?
Speaker 2: Social media is not a real place to what you're saying. It doesn't matter what people saying. Where did he ever take a loss in fame, money, jobs?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 3: His career only went up.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 2: The more videos we got him cucking someone else's wife and using the N word.
Speaker 1: Don't I think he got another w W deal. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think after that, Like, well, he was probably already done wrestling.
Speaker 3: He was definitely done.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I mean like he kept working. He was still the face of what wrestling was. He did commentating, like Hulk Hogan never went away. He had reality shows, he had.
Speaker 1: He didn't do no commentating talking about Yeah, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Because he's a heel. You guys don't understand the game, Like you don't understand the fact that people did not forgive him. You really think h Cogan was canceled people?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, people were mad that people were saying rest in peace to hole Kogan.
Speaker 3: Okay, but okay, so here's a godcast thing I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Here's this thing. Negativity tends to be commented, right. People don't comment good things. The only common bad things. So if you go in a comment section and it's full of bad things. It doesn't mean that people only think bad things. It just means that people who have negative opinions, I'm more likely to comment. That doesn't mean that nobody forgave him. That's not true. There's plenty of people, I'm sure. I'm sure some of his hardcore fans, the majority of him. I'm saying that, look at the audience. They don't care about him being racist. He was never forgiven for that though, And I'm about our community. He was never forgiven for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a that's in our community.
Speaker 2: But he probably had He probably had a lot of black front to lob a juries.
Speaker 1: He probably had concussions.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure he could have used the same excuse of I hit my head and my frontal low was there.
Speaker 3: He could have.
Speaker 5: But everybody has always known that. Kanye's family has been coming out and saying that he was bipolar for years and that he needs to take meds.
Speaker 3: He was the one fighting against it.
Speaker 5: But people have come out forever and said Kanye is bipolar, he needs to take mets.
Speaker 3: That's not like that. This isn't a new like thing.
Speaker 2: No, his mania, even twenty fifteen, he was doing stuff with stone Cold Steve Austen as WW tough is enough that he was a commentator on like He's he kept going, he was a judge.
Speaker 1: He was a judge on the sixth season of this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't get canceled when the when by this by yourself fan base. So Hogan can't be canceled by black people, like that's not his main fan base. Kank just the same thing, Like Kanye can't be completely canceled by white people like they white people. If all white people start hitting Kanye, it doesn't mean that Kanye is canceled. Kanye came from the black community. We brought him up and pitched him, so it's up to suggested to cancel him.
Speaker 3: And we did not do that.
Speaker 5: We tried, we fake tried, but we never collectively came and canceled Kanye, like Kanye was not really canceled.
Speaker 4: Oh you can be canceled. You wake up and see that being't in your account no more, that's canceled. That's the only cancel. I can't okay what you think is the social media.
Speaker 2: I'm curious because you that is good or I've been canceled. You've said for years on podcasts in which I've agreed and been staying corrected a lot of times with you, Like when we went to the Daniel Caesar show at in an Arena, You've said nobody has ever been canceled, Like you can't really get canceled.
Speaker 1: Hogan was not canceled.
Speaker 4: I will say, I say, your fans don't cancel you, Okay, people that supported you. Whenever you see somebody being canceled or people calling for somebody to be canceled, nine times out of ten, it's somebody that never even supported them. It's never your fans. Because if you say something right now, Rory, your fans not on Netflix, well not on Netflix, but your fans probably know the context. They probably know you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't supported me. They know you. They follow you. Now, somebody that don't know you know, followed.
Speaker 4: They just hear something here a clip They were, oh what is he?
Speaker 1: Oh he's canceled.
Speaker 4: They don't know you, they don't know the tone, they don't know the context, they don't know they don't get your humor. So when you see people trying to be canceled, calling if for somebody to be canceled, find somewhere would they ever even supported who they were trying to cancel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's why I said I stand corrected when you've said that before. So that's why I'm going with the same logic that you have here. I don't think hul Cogan was ever really canceled. I think when he died, yes, there was people on Twitter that were mad, especially at black people, that were saying the rest in peace to him, But I don't think that equates.
Speaker 3: To him being canceled per se.
Speaker 2: And Kanye, for the most part, if you were to have a definition of it, yes, it would be him going on Drink Champs and saying I could say anti Semitic things and Adidas would never drop me, and then Adidas dropped him the fucking two days later.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a vert.
Speaker 2: But not all of us have access to things that can really be canceled more or less. Like I don't have a billion dollars and if a company has the ability to take that away from me, yeah, you kind of just fucking canceled me. But Kanye, in his own right, despite even the insane things he's done, is an extremely creative and smart guy. Even if you take a billion dollars from him, He's going to find a way to make fun money. He's not a fluke as far as creativity.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's talent. His talent is legit. So why this? Why this? Now?
Speaker 3: Do we think this is something that he actually feels?
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 4: The one thing that I don't like about this the whole ad or page in a Wall Street. All of this is performative to me if Kanye, because I don't we I think we all in this room, Kanye did not write none of this. We know that he approved it. He read it and said, okay, put it out. Those are not his words.
Speaker 2: Now he's admitted to ghost writers before. Now I think rhyme, fester consequence. Really, I think that that wasn't a shot.
Speaker 4: If he felt like this, right, if he felt like this, If this is indeed, why won't he just say it? He can go live on his social media, he can put out a post a video and just saying like, yo, listen, I got help, you know whatever whatever this and then the Belly the Bully album coming up.
Speaker 2: It's just performative. This is just promo. This feels like promo. It feels performative.
Speaker 4: It feels like, you know, because we know Kanye and we know that when he does this, it'sues because he's getting ready to sell us something. So now it's like the boy cry wolf. I don't look at this, and I'm like, damn yay. Like Damara said, we been kind of saying these things about Kanye. Hear is like, yo, is he all right? He seems to be you know, his emotions all over the place, like is he okay? Like he need to get help things. So, yes, we've been saying these things because we're watching it and from our lens, it looked like this was somebody that we once knew and then now this is a whole different person. Something seems a bit off about this person. Cool, now, if this is in fact true and all that. First of all, we hope that he's getting the help that he needs. We hope that, you know, he physically, that he's getting better than taking care of himself. I don't think that he should be in a state like this and you know, jumping right back into putting out music, because then now you have to you know, you have to travel, you have to perform, you have to do this, you have to do that, And it's like okay, but now you're putting mental phys health to the back burner of the rigorous grind of I have something to sell, I have music out, I have to perform. I have to be away from family, friends, you know, doctors or whatever. Like take if this is really what it is, take the time to address this, get better, because now cool, all these words have said.
Speaker 1: We read this beautiful Wall Street.
Speaker 4: Ad and all of this. What happens if a month from now we get another rent and after the Bully album is out and you know, we all hear it and love.
Speaker 1: It or hate it. What happens when we get the next rant?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like, then what is it like? You know what I mean? So that's why I'm just like, I get it.
Speaker 4: But to me, Wall Street Ad and all it it just feels a little, a little stage, a little performative.
Speaker 1: So I know.
Speaker 2: He did an interview with Justin Leboy again, which by the time we're recording this, I don't think it's out, but the idea and see a clip yesterday that he was talking about Bully being very positive. He felt like it's his miseducation as far as every bar mattering, there's nothing wasted there.
Speaker 3: It is all about positivity.
Speaker 2: He said, it's more like his Narls Barkley type of album more than it would be eight A Weights because Ata Waits even had Heartbreak in it, it was not negative per se, but there's I mean, even if you get into the depths of atow Eights and where that even goes with the devil, it's dark tones. He's saying this is very much as positive and happy moment, and then the next day he puts this out, I'm with you more of its performative because he's trying to sell us something. But what's wrong if artists do that? Like even when Frank Ocean, Even when Frank Ocean came out and said, Yo, you.
Speaker 1: Using mental health, I'm as an excuse for your actions.
Speaker 2: I don't think mental health gives you an excuse to be an asshole, but it is a conversation to be had. And I think Yay has had been an habitual line crosser with all of that. And I'm not here to defend Kanye in anything that he has said, even with the excuse of mental health, because he clearly did ignore it even when the people around.
Speaker 3: Him were trying to tell him.
Speaker 2: But if you get into bipolar this, and that doesn't change anything, but some acknowledgment here. This is the most humble we've ever seen Kanye. But I'm with you. I don't think he wrote a word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the most humble. This is the most humble. He didn't write that. What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Some people can feel a way and not know how to articulate their thoughts, right. Some people just suck at articulating their thoughts. We've seen from people in this room, and sometimes when you're trying to explain yourself and you're not good at it, you make sure.
Speaker 2: Kanye is very good at articulating his thoughts may probably one of the best people ever.
Speaker 5: Can be good articulating your thoughts in a rap about a subject.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it wasn't no beat on when he articulated somebody's thoughts.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is when you're talking about something that's sensitive to you, that you're still dealing with inside yourself. And I'm not making excuses for Kanye, just generalized. It can be. We come on this podcast and talk about shit every day. Shit just fly out our mouth. We're witty, we're funny, we're quick when we're talking about something that has affected our lives. We ruined our lives. I've ruined my family. Yeah, my words don't come out as smoothly, so I might need some help. I don't think that there's anything wrong with that. I'd rather him do that than to go sit in front of a computer and let his thoughts and his mouth run away with him, and then he says something in the wrong way and it's articulated wrong. People take it the wrong way, so they write it up how they want it to be heard. No, he went and got a professional. This is how I feel. Can you make this sound good? I don't think that there's anything wrong with that. I don't think I don't think it makes it any less sincere.
Speaker 1: Pr, Yeah, that's publicist, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: And even with this, Justin the boyd that it's gonna come out probably on his channel or whatever. The last few ones did they have the edit button, Like he can go on a rant and then they can, you know, Justin the Boy and be like oh damn, like they'll they'll find a way to cure it.
Speaker 3: So I don't think that's bad.
Speaker 2: But I'm asking if you think this is from a genuine place, or is this now, because Kanye becomes the theme of every album if you've noticed, and I'm not trying to do the Kanye nerd thing, but yeesus. He became that fucking brash, insane person for that project. Might be with Dark Swiss to Fantasy, he became the cool, suave we only wearing suits.
Speaker 3: He becomes what the album is. He's a manic fucking artist.
Speaker 2: Because Bully is supposed to be so positive and now he's sitting with Justin le Boyce saying it's his miseducation. Is this just a rollout or is this really where his brain is at?
Speaker 1: It's a rollout.
Speaker 5: I've never seen Kanye apologize for a fuck thing he's ever said. What Kanye be out here apologizing for shit that he say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's apologized before.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he's up. We've all apologized before, but Kanye has never the latest. Kanye has never taken full accountability for his mental health and the horrible ship that he said in the way that it's affected.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say, you're right there.
Speaker 4: He's never directly, you know, attached it to mental health and the car accident and frontal load damage and all of that.
Speaker 5: I think no, I think the frontal load damnite ship. I think that's a cop out. Me person, I think that that's a cop I.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know why?
Speaker 4: I think it's old the cop out because if we roll the tay back when he did the whole gotcha, it seemed like you knew exactly what the fuck he was doing and saying, then when you this with the gotcha moment, when you lost all that money, it was like, oh God, I told you they controlled everything.
Speaker 1: Look they took all my money. It was like he knew.
Speaker 4: He was very aware and cognizant of what he was doing and saying I'm doing this on purpose to show y'all, Yes, they run everything. Watch when I start saying this, watch they take everything from me, gotcha.
Speaker 2: And right to Maul's point, I did want to say, that's very calculated, that's too low. Clears the motherfucker itough. This is this another version of because I think again, not trying to be the yays of genius, him not saying that he wanted to see what it was like to be fucking canceled. He knew what he was doing and everything that he was saying with everybody, Cameron said, on his podcast. I was just with Kanye, He's not crazy what he's putting on.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Kanye is crazy at all. I think Kanye got to a level where he thought and forgot his place. You're still a black man. You don't control this. Yeah, you're very talented, talented, creative. You can create anything and sell it. Yes, but don't get it twisted. You're still a black man in America. Bro, there's still a pecking overer here. So you have to still walk a certain way, talk a certain way. You can't just be out here doing and saying whatever you want because you sold a bunch of sneakers for Adidas.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Michael Droon sold a ship ton of sneakers from Miike.
Speaker 1: Mike Ain never said what Kanye's.
Speaker 3: Republicans naka.
Speaker 1: Quickly Republicans.
Speaker 2: I think Kanye was actually pretty lucid, even with a bipolar brain, lucid in what he was doing with everything he said after drink Champs, with the anti Semitic stuff. Is this still part of that experiment to see what it is like to get out of being canceled. Is this is he literally doing because he brings up the Truman Show all the time.
Speaker 4: See all he does is that's that's what happens when you every polar brain, though.
Speaker 3: And that's what I was about to bring up. I'm you guys are describing.
Speaker 5: Hey, he wants to feel like what it's like to be canceled and then clime out of the cancelation.
Speaker 3: That's bipolar manager shit.
Speaker 2: He brings up the Truman Show his whole career, and you can even he talks about with a bipolar brain, how it can feel like that without bringing up the Truman Show? Is this his version of getting out of that, Like, let me say all the right things. And in a time when we've cared about mental health more than any time, it's been an excuse for everybody anytime anyone crashes out, can't do nothing, Oh it's because of mental health. So now he can take this time to prove his fucking point and experiment in his bipolar brain that I'll just say all the right things. He even said with some of the bully clips before the justin leaboy shit, I'll just go back to doing the so shit, he'll be back. I'll just say all the right things.
Speaker 4: I'm just being that's a very, very thought out process. You have to be on a certain clear headed, consciousness thinking level to be able to think that far and come up with a plan and then execute that plan. Now, I'm not saying Kanye doesn't have some mental health issues or some mental health things he needs to address. I'm not saying that I would never write that off. I'm just saying, with all of this, the Wall Street ad and all of this, and you know, you can't expect me to be like, oh, okay, well then not. I totally understand. That's like, no, I get it. I'm not saying he don't have mental health issues. But what's going to happen after all of this ad and the bully come out and then we're back to another rent.
Speaker 5: That's if it happens. You talking about in the future. We don't know if that's going to happen. You can only speak on what's going on right now, what you've already seen.
Speaker 2: Let's play the odds here, what are the odds that he is going to have another run?
Speaker 5: So I think there is there. There's definitely a odd that he will have another rant. But at the same time, he's about to have a whole interview.
Speaker 3: If he has.
Speaker 5: Another rant, it doesn't take away from what he said. If I'm I said that, if I'm bipolar and mannicut, I'm in the process of ruining my life, and then I get I med and look back and be like, oh, fuck, y'all, I ruined my life. Let me come out and apologize for it. It doesn't mean that I'll never be manned again. It doesn't mean that I'll never make another sage decision.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. I'm just saying, what is all of this for? Though?
Speaker 4: But what is the ad and all? That's so back to what I'm saying. It just feels performative. It feels too as part of the whole, you know, the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a You're probably right, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because anybody else get the fucking benefit of it doubt.
Speaker 2: So I mean that's what I started with. We've seen this with so many white actors and people that have lost their fucking minds. They never got any second chances after they pulled moves like this where they got the whole PR team to tell them exactly what to say, put them in front of the right person. And now we're like, yeah, you can start back in movies. You're fine now you listen, you were in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Black people have not really gotten that luxury when they've had mental breakdowns. That's kind of been specifically for the rich white So yeah, I mean, if they can do it, I can't, Hey, post something in the Wall Street Journal and do the same pr move that everyone else does.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm just saying me as a person just looking at this, this just feels too as part of the play.
Speaker 3: Which again I think a couple of things can be true.
Speaker 2: But separating from Kanye, do you think this is wrong for artists to do in general and not take advantage of mental health? And again, I think that's a gray area with what Kanye is doing right now, down to the Frank Ocean announcing he's gay on Tumbler right before Channel Orange. A lot of artists the only time they want to speak is when they're putting out their music.
Speaker 3: They speak to their music like they have to promote it. There has to be a rollout.
Speaker 2: I kind of hate when artists get that flat, like, oh, you're doing this for the rollout. Everything's a rollout, this for the rollout. A lot of artists up until the TikTok era did kind of mind they fucking business. I know there was the DVD era, the blog era, this and that Instagram whatever, But for the most part, artists say the biggest things when they're trying to sell something.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's wrong with it? And a lot of times a lot of artists, with the things they have to say, ends up feeling okay to say after you record an album that has to do with the themes in the subject matter of what you're getting at, even down.
Speaker 3: To like.
Speaker 2: The song that is one of the funniest things you said that when Forrest Gump came on from Channel Orange, was in the shower and you almost wrap yourself around the curtain de lead turning that shit off. But who's to say that Frank didn't feel better about coming out after writing that song, Like sometimes that can empower somebody to say certain things about what is happening. So yeah, do I think there's a lot of artists that are calling paparazzi or fabricating making up these drama things like, oh, we have to just get the internet talking when I sell some of course I'm not stupid, but I do give a little bit more flat two artists like Frank Kanye to a degree because Kanye kind of is the reason we're all here, or with these dramatic rollouts, but sometimes that's the only time they want to speak. So and if I have to sell something, and I'm not a marketer, I'm an artist. I sit in the studio and make music. I don't know how to market. The only thing I know how to do is be myself and talk about what's going on in my life. And I don't want to do that with y'all until it's time for me to come out of my hole, which is in the studio. That's the time I'm going to get on every one of these platforms.
Speaker 4: But the only problem I have with that is the algorithm. Everybody's playing the algorithm game.
Speaker 3: Have no choice.
Speaker 4: How do you get into the algorith How do you get to the top of the algorithm. And we know that the algorithm rewards negativity, that's what makes it to the top of the algorithm. You disrespect somebody, somebody has a fight somebody, you know, whatever. That's what makes it to the top of the algorithm. Disrespect, negative energy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: My only thing with Kanye is I feel like he knew that. So a lot of the things he said were disrespect absolutely, That's how he controlled the whole. You know, He's at the top of everyone's algorithm. You couldn't open your phone, you couldn't go on social media and not see Kanye at the top.
Speaker 1: Right. So, now, not in.
Speaker 4: His personal business, but I think it's safe to say that he may have taken the hit financially for some of the things that he did and said over the lot, right, just a small smoke, just a little bit, just a little bit, right, cool.
Speaker 2: And personally and personally because you also have to understand he well no longer is married, but is tied in he is for the rest of his well, I was going to get to his ex woo. Yes he's married to Bianca. Yes, since sorry, yeah married, My apologies. He was married to a conglomerate, like, let's remember that as well, which affects everything that has to do with his personal life. His personal life became a conglomerate by his choice. I'm not giving him sympathy. Trust me, that was his fucking choice as a grown ass man. But that, yeah, that affects the Kardashian billionaire conglomerate. Not saying it's Adidas, but it ain't that fucking far away from it. Now that affects you seeing your kids and then your own personal money is fucked.
Speaker 4: Up based off the things you said. Yeah, because again you get caught up in this negative thing. When I say some negative is right to the top of the algorithm, right cool? Now you give us this in the Wall Street at yo. You know mental health frontal load damage. I didn't know undiagnosed.
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 4: And if that's real, we understand that, like damn, that's you know, it's fucked up that that went undiagnosed all of these years. Hopefully he's addressing that and getting help for that. My thing is, why are we attaching that to him? Why do you have to attach that to sell something? Though, like Kanye's talent speaks for itself at this point, Kanye don't have to do none of this to sell something. Kanye could just announced an album at midnight and the numbers are gonna do what the numbers are gonna do.
Speaker 1: I agree, So that's when I have a problem with this.
Speaker 4: Like all of this role you don't need to use this as an angle for your rollout to sell something.
Speaker 3: But this is the thing.
Speaker 5: You can't confirm that that's your opinion of what he's doing, but bouncing off the back of that's what it is, Bully is coming.
Speaker 3: Okay, understood that.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is he could have wanted to say this for five months, right, So then say it no, Because this is the thing, y'all, especially when everybody hates you or you feel like everybody hates you.
Speaker 3: Right, let's reality versus your perception.
Speaker 5: If you feel like everybody hates you, and on top of that, you feel like you don't really owe people shit, and people are gonna talk shit about you anyway. People are gonna sit on their podcast and not believe what the fuck you're saying. Anyway. Okay, if that's the case, I'm going to use that to my advantage. If I was an artist, I would do that too. I'm not over here trying to convince y'all that I'm being that I'm being real, or that I'm being authentic, because y'all are gonna believe me or y'all aren't gonna believe me. But if this, if I'm gonna come out and be vulnerable with you when I've given you so much of myself, Yeah, I'm gonna attach it to my album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have to.
Speaker 4: I don't have to improve to y'all that I'm being authored. I don't try to sell me something. Improve and be authentic.
Speaker 5: So you're saying you will believe it, you will believe this if Bully was coming in.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that you would believe it or wouldn't believe it, no matter if the album was coming out or not.
Speaker 3: You believe it if Bully was coming a year from now.
Speaker 5: So then what's the point, Like, that's what if you're not gonna believe it, You're not believe is.
Speaker 4: Because I think a lot of people feel like I feel, which is like they don't matter that you have an album coming next week, but we don't care. You could have told us this, like I said, I didn't need this whole pr you know, press release thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't need that.
Speaker 4: I would rather open my phone and see Kanye speaking directly into a camera and being vulnerable, not no edit, but none of that, and be like Yo, listen, man, I said some things to me that would feel more genuine in some words. And I'm reading in the world. I don't even read the Wall Street Journal, and I know you'll start there. I don't even I don't even read that picture.
Speaker 2: There's a group of people that read it. There's a group of people that, of course see his ship. His frontal low was opening up. Next, I just start opening opening. This is what I'm saying, this is we know what this is. Let's just stop acting like we don't. Kanye don't have to do no promo Kanye, but Kanye on his on his Instagram, they could just say Bully, that's it, not and the numbers that's gonna do.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have the number one album.
Speaker 3: Nope, which you mean no, I don't know about him having enough.
Speaker 1: Giveless Bad Buddy run another commercial.
Speaker 2: That would be the I think his album's coming out February eighth. I think it's coming around the same fucking like.
Speaker 1: The only reason Kanye ain't got the number one album is.
Speaker 2: If everything after super Bowl is gonna be number one for Bad Bunny. But all right, with that said, Kanye has surpassed that. Of course, anything with Kanye, that happens with us in this room. He doesn't need to do a rollout. We are going to see it. I even have Vultures too in my fucking laptop, and I don't even think it got released, and I'm saying they sent it to me. It was just leaked. With I pay attention what I'm saying now. Kanye is so super past that entire thing. That's why he's one of the highest streamed people on Spotify history. Even if he's twenty five. That's still crazy. With that said, he with all his comments about the Jewish community and everything, does need to address that to sell the album because I think Bully would go to deaf Ears. By deaf ears, I mean just the type of people in this room that pay its chance to hip hop. I'll tell you this, My mom and her best friend were in my car. Wait, let me finish. This is Kanye you told them about I know.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you people.
Speaker 1: Don't Kanye puts out an album tomorrow his fans.
Speaker 2: Can we look up what Vultures did. Vultures Won that came out on DSPs. Let's look at the numbers. You think that one number one one nowhere near number one. How did he release I don't even remember the last Kanye West album that went number one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, number one ain't as easy to come by as like we think, well Kanye, no.
Speaker 4: For Kanye either, Well, Kanye got kind of the way he was releasing Ship and putting it out.
Speaker 1: You didn't know if it was out, if it was not. It did go to number one.
Speaker 2: It no hip hip hop guys. I'm talking about number one, where Kanye used to.
Speaker 5: Be Billboard two hundred Albums chart number one on the Billboard two hundred.
Speaker 1: Ain't no fucking way.
Speaker 2: At that time, when Taylor Swift was coming out that Kanye West was number.
Speaker 5: One, forget this Okay, We're back, Rory was wrong.
Speaker 2: Completely fucking wrong. Vultures spent number one on Billboard for two weeks. Carnival I was an incredible record, I was. I was talking more about that album. Yeah, I spent two weeks there. What was the first week sales Josh one forty eight thousand, which is incredible, Okay, but I still think that's lower numbers one forty eight for Kanye album. And my point was that I was getting to was the Pete Davidson in Game song is the one that went the craziest for Kanye when it came to the news outside of the numbers, when he said, uh, Pete Davison dies at AIDS and put the video out that my mom and her friend listened to that records like, did you hear about the new Kanye, the one with game Mom? That's the one you're talking about, because they were talking about Pete Davidson and all the gossip shit. So I was saying, to your point of Yeay, being in that negative algorithm shit, he has to do stuff like this to get to that next level.
Speaker 4: Kanye doesn't have to do anything, and that's the point, and I think that's the point that people have to understand by.
Speaker 2: Okay, but do you also remember Vultures, which I was completely wrong about. Do you remember the Vultures rollout? Uh?
Speaker 1: He had every.
Speaker 2: Fucking right wing streamer. They were in that hotel room streaming for fucking seven days. They were kicking women out the fucking room. They were doing the Andrew tape rollout everything. It was the most negative shit. So I'm saying he still has to do stuff Vultures did.
Speaker 3: I was wrong.
Speaker 2: Vultures went number one. But now to that point, Yeah, he had a insanely negative rollout and a very public one. So you're saying he doesn't need to do that, Yes he does. He needed to do that to make Vultures be number one.
Speaker 1: No, because every other album went number one before that and he didn't.
Speaker 3: You don't remember all his antics through every album.
Speaker 4: Ever, I'm saying he didn't have to do what he did as far as a rollout on the Vultures album. And I'm saying you don't have to promo your stuff. I'm saying I think Kanye West is at a point in his career now with these things, these all the tricks and things that every other artist has to do. He does not have to do that. He invented those tricks, though, but I'm saying he doesn't. He no longer has to do that. He can just again Instagram yay Bully, So all white letters, black background, Bully. That will be enough people know the album is coming.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: This is Kanye West, one of the most influential artists of his time. He doesn't influential. He doesn't have to do these things that everybody else is.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have to do that. I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 5: But you have no baseline for the past. Let's say past ten years, right, you have no wait ten years, how long would it be damn time flying? Okay, let's say past five years, five to ten whatever. You have no baseline of him not doing wild shit to sell album to say he doesn't need to be wild shit to sell Twenty.
Speaker 3: Years of Kanye's career has been that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, He's always done wild So you can't say Kanye's.
Speaker 1: Always done wild shit to sell the album. This is this is this is.
Speaker 4: This is recast, this is really he hasn't always done wild ship to sell the album.
Speaker 5: But past ten years in the in the age of the you need the internet to sell albums.
Speaker 4: Or or because the algorithm awards negativity. Okay, that is what I'm saying. He doesn't do negativity. Does he still sell the same that was rory?
Speaker 1: I think yes, So this is Kanye.
Speaker 4: See before the before the algorithm, he was selling shipload of records, influencing all artists. After the algorithm, yes he doesn't. He does not. He became a victim of that, he fell into that. I think he didn't need to do that, and I think now he's realizing he didn't have to go that far. He didn't have to do all of that negative shit he was doing and saying those things he was doing.
Speaker 2: Actually think this is perfect more because you're making an amazing point. We're talking about all the negative shit he did to get number one with Vultures. Now he's doing positive. Let's take out if we think somebody else wrote it. This and that bully he said with justin Leaboys miseducation, it's only about positivity. Every bar is supposed to uplift everybody in the world. He did a full apology of his whole entire career in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: Let's see what this could be.
Speaker 1: What's his rollout for the gospel album? Because that was positive rollout?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: What's his rollout for that? Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean even when he did with Sunday Service, Sunday Service to travel the country Withould Requie, I thought it was aweso, it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I went to Yeah, thought it was great fucking fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So no, okay, but things definitely turn in the Internet after that time. The Internet was still negative at that time, but but it turned to everything negative type of world that we're it currently in, right, now everything has to be negative. I'm curious to see to your point, with him going with a positive rollout, what happens. I don't have any predictions. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: For me, it's.
Speaker 4: Always this and it will always be this with any of these artists. I don't care about your rollout. I don't care about your rollout.
Speaker 1: Want you care if the music is good? What does the music sound like? That's my thing.
Speaker 4: I don't care about this Wall Street ad. I care about his mental health. Hopefully he's addressing that and he's getting help for that. You know that part.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely I care about But I didn't need the Wall Street Ad.
Speaker 2: Just again, I think it's actually a great experiment to see if positivity even fucking works in a rollout. Yeah, but it being humble, if being hey, I need forgiveness because as I fucked up, I said a bunch.
Speaker 4: Of But how would you know if it works with Kanye's gonna go number one?
Speaker 1: No matter what.
Speaker 2: You've proven me wrong with the Vultures, thing is actually going to we'll have an answer.
Speaker 4: The album goes as long as he stays away from Bad Bunny, as long as he.
Speaker 2: Stays away number one, because that can change. Let's look at the stream sales, which I hate, who cares about that? But let's let's look at the sales, all right? What are we we used to do sales guesses? What are you guys guessing?
Speaker 1: Units?
Speaker 5: Album equivalent units?
Speaker 1: That's it. It is soul because I don't even know what two hundred. I don't even know what that means. How many?
Speaker 4: How many pre orders did Rocky have a million? How many did he sell for? How many was his first week numbers? Because he has a number two. He didn't debut at number one?
Speaker 3: Right now, he had a number number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, over over bad bunny. Your congrats states.
Speaker 3: That Rocky is he has a number one album one hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 2: I think he ate was does two hundred because I do think with this Wall Street journalship.
Speaker 1: Plus Rocky debut a number one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right now, congrats States have Rocky Gucci?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think if Vultures did one and Yeah is doing his apology tour, I'm two hundred.
Speaker 5: I'm going one twenty. I'll go one twenty under Vultures unless unless he sells something and packs it out. Unless he sells something, can you pull.
Speaker 4: Up the rabbit, the rabbi that he was speaking with a couple of months ago that shook his hand and.
Speaker 3: That was crazy. That was fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, I've had a version of that.
Speaker 1: Rabbi. A lot of people have.
Speaker 3: Never heard that.
Speaker 4: Is that rabbi? Uh did you Rabbi Yoshi Yosef? Yes, remember that Kanye made his amends.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 4: So then we got that, right baby, the follow me that was November, following you everywhere? That was November? Where January? Now we get the Wall Street add apology tour. Do you not see how how his team and staff are planning.
Speaker 1: I say that I'm not disagreeing with you. So that's where it's for me.
Speaker 4: I say, performative, planned, need this, then we're going to do that, and we're going to do this, and then the album comes.
Speaker 3: So it's every artist it's been performative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I'm just saying for what he's done over the years and said, for him to now make this turn, you can't expect somebody like me to be like, oh yeah, I feel him. You know, I don't expect you to. But I also don't think that Kanye is doing this for you.
Speaker 1: I'm one of his I'm one of his consumers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna cut you bought in his In his height of the Worst Ship, he was saying, you bought easy boots.
Speaker 3: You're not the person he's apologized and you know what I think, but he doesn't.
Speaker 4: But again, my thing is if you want to say, apologize to people you hurt with your words, I'm always for that apologize.
Speaker 1: Right. My thing is why attach it?
Speaker 2: Like you said, why are we getting an album coming off the wall Street thing?
Speaker 4: It's just stop selling ship for a second. Sit down, yeah, but sit down, get your mental health together, get your life together. You mean your kids just growing up door. Stop selling shit for a second.
Speaker 1: But he hasn't sold us anything in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Well you talking about he's been well, has been waiting for his boots for a while.
Speaker 2: He sold a Swasi commerci last last February, I mean us, But we're going into February the next year and I still got.
Speaker 3: Kanye kinda hasn't stoped selling stuff.
Speaker 2: But all right, well and we can close this because I know this dragged a bit, but you would like, do you consider artists a brand at this point? I'm not a businessman. I'm a businessman like certain certain artists. Everybody niggas just saying no, no, no brand using artists in the same vein ye one million. So you don't think Pepsi beats to the drum of how we're going to move based off how we're selling something. Why is Kanye who is a brand at one point was just as valuable as a major corporation that has been around for one hundred years, because that's how talented Kanye West was with his vision. Why can he not move at the same pace that every more major corporation does.
Speaker 4: Because he's saying that he has frontal lobe damage and mental health issues that he needs to address.
Speaker 2: Pepsi an ad with Kendall Jenner stotting racism by opening that, and I know it's the craziest commercial of all time. They had an Asian playing the violin at a riot. Pepsi put out an ad, Yo, we messed up, We're gonna do better. At least Kanye gave me some more words that made me feel like I'm actually talking to a human being. And he's a brand that at one point probably not as valuable as Pepsi, but close in the billions. Why can't he move the same way. His life is a brand. He's always going to sell. He's selling his personality. He was married to the conglomerate of selling your personality their brands. The Kardashians are a brand. You don't get Skims without Kim selling herself her lifestyle. These people, anytime they walk outside, they're selling themselves. I don't mean that in a negative way, and I don't. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: Everything you're saying is correct. What I'm saying is if you're having mental health issues, if you're front, I think all of you need. You need to sit the fuck down, go live on the off off of fucking farm somewhere for a couple of years, get your mental health together, relax, stop trying to sell push it in the consumer space all the time, Like just fucking chill and relax.
Speaker 1: You made enough money. Life is great.
Speaker 4: Get your fucking get your get your physical mental health in order before you start to jump back into the space and want to sell shit again.
Speaker 2: That's like, that's all I'm like telling Pepsi to stop selling the Pepsi that's in our fridges every day. No, that's not That's how you become a billionaire, that's how you go. That's the difference between Kanye also whole, but he has done it outside of his lifestyle brand. That's the difference. They sell things every goddamn day and Kanye to Rihanna did not become a billionaire until she started selling fenty and her lifestyle brand that she could match with what she was doing with the music videos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but her being Rihanna is not. Yeah, but what do you talk What point are you making, Rihanna. I'm not saying negative shit about a group of people in the world. Rihanna's not going on no, no, no.
Speaker 2: We're talking about a separate, separate point the point.
Speaker 1: Stop trying to sell.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you that he has the mind state of a corporation because he is one. Now he walks outside and is being sold, so his mind is always there. That doesn't mean go fucking buy a Nazi chain. I'm not saying I'm not co signing that. I'm just saying where those types of brains are at. He's he's a corporation, not to the way some other rapper is that also sells alcohol. You're talking about somebody that has entered billionaires. When Rihanna walks out every time when she's with Rocky, when she's with her kids. Of course she's living her life the way she wants to live it. You don't think she's throwing on the fency coat. She knows her whole life is being sold every time she walks out that fucking building.
Speaker 3: Okay, so dyah, that puts them on that MA wants.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing, MA, all authenticity, the majority. I won't say all the majority honesty, the majority of the authenticity that we are sold because we are being sold authenticity, because authenticity is what mixed. That's why we have so many influencers, right, and influencers that have become the new celebrities because they're just normal people that showed us our lives and now we relate it to them and now we give them. We bought shit from them, and they influence our lives. So authenticity a lot of times is forced, it's fake, it's acted, and some people are better at it than others.
Speaker 3: Kanye didn't take that route.
Speaker 5: He didn't get in front of the camera like Diddy did after the rape accusations come out and said hey, I'm working on it with God me and my pastor and did the fake authenticity. He did it the way that artists used to do it when the label was running everything. I'm going to put out a fucking press release. Now I have a whole bunch of money, so my press release, I can force it to be seen by the people I want it to be seen by.
Speaker 3: And I can understand why that might rub you wrong.
Speaker 5: But please understand that even when people are doing the fakes, sit in front of the camera with the black T shirt while they're in their kitchen and their kids are in the back playing and their wife is bringing them a play of food. That's staged too, but it's staged to look authentic.
Speaker 3: Kanye just didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, you look, Kyrie Tailer, this is all the stage.
Speaker 3: Everything is a state's and that's the way I live.
Speaker 2: I agree with Kyrie and Kanyek learned that pretty early, and that's why I think Kanye believes a lot of shit that he's saying.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you there.
Speaker 2: But to the demericis point, Kanye has in the years of gangster rap, came out with a fucking polo and said I'm a nerd dog like he he sold a group of people, a large group, authenticity of I'm around a bunch of people that usually if you're in this position, you're gonna pretend like, no, I'm from Chicago, I'm a I'm g d. Now I'm a nerd. I'm an art student in a time when it wasn't cool to be an art student. So everyone took his introduction to the world. Also, that's what he really he was. That was authentic on Kanye, That's.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying that that was in every that.
Speaker 1: Was his most authentic. That was him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he worked at the Gap. He was a gap kid. Well gap, he was a preppy kid. That's and there's nothing wrong with that, Like, of course the space for.
Speaker 1: That in him.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, at a time when it wasn't even cool to say that type of shit, you got to that point authenticity.
Speaker 4: And that's what got away from is in hip hop you are rewarded for being authentic.
Speaker 1: That's what it used.
Speaker 3: At a time.
Speaker 4: You couldn't even sound like other rappers at one point, even if vocally and tone wise, we just had natural just saying people like yo, that ain't gonna work. You sound too much like this person, or you look too much like that person, like you had to be authentic.
Speaker 1: Now it's just.
Speaker 4: Cookie cutter shit. Put him on the conveyor belt, shut him down the line. And I'm saying an artist is talented as Kanye should not fall into that because he doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: Well, when he was yelling listen to the kids, Bro, I actually liked that. But now I'm I'm starting to see where that disappeared, because I think you're handicapped in a good way because you grew up around three people that actually made the things they were living so authentic that that was the lifestyle that was sold to the world, and that's why they fell in love with that that company. Kanye ended up being a kid in that company as far as his authenticity as well. And then Kanye started listening to his own kids. He started listening to Playboy CARDI of what you should do, whereas no, all these kids do what they did because they saw you. And I like listening to the kids, Bro. I think Drake as somebody that keeps up with the youth this and that. I think that's important for longevity. But sometimes you know better than your kids. Oh yeah, Sometimes sometimes you see all these kids popping which Kanye's talked about his insecurities with Drake. Younger artists like Damn, they became popping with the fuck you don't take the advice, take your own advice front Lobe. But oh buddy, the Drake cast has brought us to the Big Game. It's not just Drake, It's Drake May and we are here presented by hard Rock Bet Florida's sportsbook. The Big Game matchup is set and I cannot wait to see the Patriots first the Seahawks. Hard Rock Bet has all the different ways you can get in on next Sunday's action.
Speaker 3: Here's what I'm liking right now, Maw, I'm going Pats.
Speaker 2: I know it was tough with the Broncos with the back of this and that, and I know La and Seattle scored a thousand points, but I'm still I'm still with the Pats on this one.
Speaker 1: All the way.
Speaker 2: May, Young Draco, all the way Many Draco is right there. And if you're in Florida or New Jersey like myself, the Big Game energy doesn't just live exclusively on the app. Head to a Hard Rock casino property for drawings, giveaways, and all the excitement leading up to the kickoff. I may go down to ac I may go nuts, I may have a Drake may Jersey on on my way down there.
Speaker 4: Hard Rock Bet also offers new promos every day, so if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out which you've got any day of the week that's hard rock Bet. Download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Hey b on bonus Bets not a cash offer off of by a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital, LLC.
Speaker 1: In all of the states.
Speaker 4: Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you was someone you know has a gambler problem wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 2: I mean I guess it's a good segue into the Kitcutty thing. Another person that was always authentically themselves in a time when it wasn't cool to be. We've been having this Jim Jones Kitcutty debate for about fifteen years.
Speaker 3: I'm happy you finally hit the internet.
Speaker 1: Oh I've never heard it before.
Speaker 2: Oh this has been a this is an age old fucking wrap barbershop conversation. So kid Cutty replied, I'll be honest with you, even when I was looking it up, I don't know what sparked Cuddy doing this.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, Jim Jones spoke first. Jim Jones Fair came on this podcast. Jim Jones came out and said that people only heard of Day and Night and Josh, can you pull up the direct quote please, something along the lines of people only heard of Day and Night because Jim Jones remixed it, right, So then you get the internet, you get the New York Internet, agreeing with him in the other forty nine states, saying I've never even heard that version.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny with that alone.
Speaker 1: It's a cover of a song that's already out, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, how can people only have heard it because you remixed it or you made a cover of the song, like that makes no sense.
Speaker 5: Okay, so people would know who Kid Cutty is, yeah, he said, people with no Kid Cuddy.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was the original?
Speaker 1: So all right? I have some like actual talking about Day and Night?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So I have some actual, like.
Speaker 2: Real knowledge into this timeline because I worked at Binnie Means when Binnie Means produced the video of Jim Jones in the booth. You can pull up Day and Night remix Jim Jones. Aristotle produced that video. Bb Gun shot it. It was a by any Means production. At that time, the song was still bubbling. Yes, did they play the Jim Jones verse first? That then got put into the Kid Cuddy Day and Night song on High ninety seven on the radio when radio was still very very much prevalent in two thousand and eight and in the blogs. Was was that a moment when Jim Jones got on it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: So. Jim's right for the tri state to some degree. But at this time Cuddy was living in Brooklyn and Jersey City, like Cuddy was working that record in New York. That's how Jim probably hurt it because Cuddy was working that record. But to say that that moment of Jim Jones shooting that video in the studio, the red lights, the blunt of going on that beat, that's what played at parties, in the club and on the radio in New York City. Only speaking about that, but to say that Hot ninety seven in two thousand and eight didn't determine the hip hop market of all fifty states, you're bugging. Maybe that's New York ego, but there's no way that you're telling me that what Hot ninety seven was doing in two thousand and eight did not dictate what a lot of places were doing in middle markets. Atlanta, of course, is always going to do their own thing, La is always going to do their own thing. But if you don't think people are not following what Hot ninety seven does in.
Speaker 3: This period, you're bugging.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: With that said, I saw Cutty's response. He's also completely correct. That record was going bro it was going so and I think Cuddy is a publint. It was a New York City remix, but it was one of those things in New York that became a staple of Jim Jones on that record. But that record was going doog like and I think it's a hit record.
Speaker 5: Where we have to be And that even goes back to the conversation that me and Maal just eventually agreed to disagree on when it came to is Drake the reason why the Migos exist? You can say I made this better and I put more eyes on this, which you can't say, is this your career would never exist without me. There's a difference. There's a difference between I helped you and I helped you grow. But there's also some things that would all were always going to jump off. It might have just taken a little bit longer. Day and Night was always going to be a hit. Jim Jones knew that. That's why the fuck he hopped out as no Artist's song, because the ship was so hot he had to be on it.
Speaker 2: Also, Jim Jim is an incredible a and R so is Jim has always been great at understanding what sounds good before he even knew how to wrap.
Speaker 3: Jimmy was that good at that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he heard a record like, oh, this shit is hard, I don't care what the world thinks. I think it's hot, so I'm gonna get on the record. Jimmy's always been that way, so I know probably in his brain he's thinking, like, I don't care if that was gonna be a hit. I was rapping on that no matter what. And yeah, it brought shit. My BlackBerry with the side scroll ringtone was Jimmy's version of Day and Night and two thousand and eight like that, that was a record. It played in the party better and then Cuddy Shit came in and it was a moment because they had both of them and Jim coming off ball in like it was a thing.
Speaker 4: I think, can we put up when Day and Night uh played on Entourage?
Speaker 3: Because I think that was the That was definitely big.
Speaker 1: That was the moment.
Speaker 2: It was also big like when same era when Entourage had Charles Hamilton Brooklyn girls on it, that was big. Aserage premiered a a different version of What's the Kanye with t Pain Good Life. Go watch Entourage. They premiered the song the day before it came out. It's a different version. Kanye changed it that night.
Speaker 1: I get what Jim is saying.
Speaker 4: Jim definitely, you know when he did Day and Night that went platinum in the hood for sure, But I mean Day and Night was gonna be Day and Night if Jim never did that. Yeah, Like when you're getting your song placed on the biggest show on HBO, the Monumental Show, Like, if your song is making it there, bro, Jim never If Jim never did Day and Night over that song was gonna be what it is, Like.
Speaker 2: That Cutty is a talent that if there's a bunch of people in his circle life that never existed, he's still gonna be cutting Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's now, but now Jim's Jim's version diggle platin.
Speaker 2: The hood hood like we're going to like, we're not gonna do that, But it also went platin in the hood because the Day.
Speaker 1: And Night song, the Cuddy song was so dead and so was so big.
Speaker 2: And in the context that you guys pulled up. I have to give some pushback, just on a personal level, he said, my intern shot that video. I mean, if you considered Aristotle an interurn, I guess that's fair. But I want to give a lot of credit to Aristotle, who went on to shoot videos for fucking nas fab j Cole has a feature film on Hulu right now, like aristotleto is super established, So I kind of wish Jimmy would have not said it that way because Aristotle's so established.
Speaker 3: You could have said, you know, Aristotle would bb gun shot that.
Speaker 4: So that air that aired November two thousand and eight on Entourage Day and Night when the Gym's Day and Night drop same around the same time, because that was two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: October, if anything.
Speaker 4: So okay, so Gym's came out October two thousand and eight. Yeah, and the Autarge episode was November two thousand and eight, which.
Speaker 3: Means it was shot probably seven months before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we can't you got to speak to when it was played though, like when people actually heard Damnage. So yeah, it's around the same time. But Day and Night was definitely taken off way before that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I was about to say even then Entourage of when they shoot everything and then do the scores, I guess, but that was playing on radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that was it was a reversh Yeah, that was a that was a big record. But it's just.
Speaker 4: I get what Jim is saying, know, like, because he did that, you know, his version of the record, it definitely was big, you know what I'm saying. But I just think that Jim just you know, the words, just the wrong choice of words.
Speaker 5: See you beat Mare, you do that a lot for people. You give people a lot of better figued out and be like no, never FERIORI would he be like, you know, I feel like he was trying to say, and I think he was trying to say, no, niggas know what they be saying.
Speaker 1: That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Is he just it's the wrong choice of words that he chose. Now, the song, his version was big. Jim Jones version of the song was big. It was, like I said, in the hood, everybody was playing that shit. So I get why in Jim's mind and his perception is because everybody he's around that That's what he was saying, was his version of it. So I understand that. But for him to say what he said, I'm just saying, like, nah, you you definitely your version of it definitely was big. But that song was that song with or without your version. Like, but we're not going to take it away from Jim Jim's version of Damn Night being a.
Speaker 1: Hit because it was oh yeah, no, two things. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Just just the wrong choice of words that he chose, that's all. I'm not saying that he didn't mean what he said. That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying he chose the wrong words, because day and night, Kid Cuddy.
Speaker 3: He chose the right words to prove his wrong point.
Speaker 2: But even again, oh yes, yes, but also with somebody that's been batting a thousand on cosons, I can see why he would think, like, no, everything that I co signed before everyone else does in my circle clearly seems to be right. But also in two thousand and eight, the entire music industry had moved to LA.
Speaker 1: Yet let's not act like.
Speaker 2: All the execs that was pushing everything with Cutty wasn't in their cars going home like, oh shit, all right, Jimmy on this, this is going crazy in New York. Let's not act like that's not a thing at that time. You guys can say we're irrelevant now, and it's fine. We can argue about that at another time. In two thousand and seven to eight, Yes, it was a thing that Jim Jones and Kid Cutty were playing on Hoigh ninety seven NonStop for every exec on their drive home back.
Speaker 3: To New Jersey.
Speaker 1: For sure, Like, yeah, I'm mad at that.
Speaker 2: Like that, definitely, I'm sure that helped Cutty in his meetings. Cuddy is a genius. He's going to be cutting no matter what. But let's not act like at that time when everyone was gravitating towards that song with the execs that lived in the energy of this city at that time, that wasn't helpful. I know if I was in an A and R office in every fucking morning I'm driving to work, and every night I'm driving to work, I hear this goddamn song with Jimmy's version on it coming off the bones, Like, all right, cool Cuddy is at this point too. You have to understand it's two thousand and eight. They're just getting into the tight pants thing. This is eight to Ways and Heartbreaks. Nope, same, We talking about Kanye kind of being a trailblazer where it was cool to be a nerd just for him.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: The Hood is coson in this because don't act like the office at that time didn't think what the hood was thinking at that time. Jimmy was a good co sign for what was going on. Cuddy is a little left. We heard he's working on this Kanye album. I don't know he wears weird tight pants. He's out of his fucking mind. Yeah, a co sign from the Hood at that time for an exec, like, all right, cool, the Hood's fucking with it. This sound isn't that crazy because we're coming off all rom browse shit at that time. This is polished. This is like eighties pop, weird dark tones and shit. Yeah, this is kind of nuts coming off that rom browse shit. That the Hood will fuck with this. That's important, Yeah, to how a record starts to get broken. I know everyone wants to take credit once the record is number five on Billboard, But it takes the Hood to get it there, that's all, especially if that I.
Speaker 3: Don't think it takes the Hood to get it there.
Speaker 2: But at this time with execs and in buildings, that's a thing.
Speaker 3: Energy used to be a thing.
Speaker 2: That's where you get sav and Steve O best of both offices, people that actually used to go out into the street and figure out what the fuck was happening in not New York City but the entire country. Everything people say that the lab are missing is where you merge Jim Jones and Kid Cuddy with Day and Night.
Speaker 3: That's when shit worked.
Speaker 2: Ye all, right, hood co son and his weirdo shit and I don't mean weirdo in a bad way.
Speaker 3: Hood his co on and his weirdoshit.
Speaker 1: Bottom line, this day and night was a smash.
Speaker 3: Cuddy out of here.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't matter A huge record, huge record, no matter who remixed it, huge record.
Speaker 2: Are you guys gonna watch this? Hit Boy and Mike Will made it versus.
Speaker 3: Oh kick ass?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 4: I watched because a lot of records, Because h hip boy Mike Will got a lot of fucking records.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that. Yeah, I'm watching this. Who y'all think is gonna win? Hit Boy? Yeah? You said that really quickly. I agree. But you said that quickly.
Speaker 4: I mean I say it all the time, and not just because that's my guy. Hip Boy might be the most talented producer. When you can produce an entire collection for Nas and then you know, produce for Beyonce and then you know, produce for you know, Nipsy, and you know, it's just the range that hit Boy has is it's undeniable, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's just it's unbia it is.
Speaker 5: But for the first ten I think Mike Will might the first ten. I think it's gonna be up and up, but I think after after those ten, I think hit boy will start to come in.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I think Mike will Is is kind of like the Atlanta hit Boy because I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Hit Boy's range is absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: He can he can play a Beyonce.
Speaker 2: But if you can go from Meik Millon Ross Tupac back and then go to Miley Cyrus record, Mike will has the most insane. He has ranged as well. Listen, there's a reason why this is gonna be dope. They both have in future. That's the point, hit Boy, it's not knows why you changed.
Speaker 4: And if you play that, If you play that future record, Mike, what what happens to if throwing niggas in Paris?
Speaker 5: So niggas in Paris is automatic win? Right, automatic win? But you know what else is also a automatic win? Poured up? Poured up is an automatic win to me for a lot of people. You gotta remember it's not it's not just about Rihanna up. I still got my money, yeah yeah, like and and make her dances automatic win.
Speaker 3: But also that Michael has Beyonce. Didn you do formation.
Speaker 2: Uh, was Formation him or hit Boy? No, that was Mike Will, Oh it was and don't get a twisted ship. Hip Boy has records on the last two Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Project No, yeah, that is that's him? Were the sixteen candleship Like, but I don't know if that Black.
Speaker 5: Beatles Black in a versus today Black Beatles Black Beatles in the City.
Speaker 3: We talk about twenty sixteen, Like come on now.
Speaker 2: No, this is this actually in a weird way, makes more sense than the Boy Wonder and Hip Boy Battle.
Speaker 1: M hmm, yeah, because of the range you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both just have a lot of records, also with the same artists as well.
Speaker 1: In the jobs. Can you pull up that billboard top producers? Oh, I didn't. I didn't like where was hit Boy at on that?
Speaker 5: I didn't know that Mike Will did Humble by Kendrick Lamon. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So all right, Humble and DNA versus Mad City, which is one of the craziest hit Boy beats of all time, which is off good kid map.
Speaker 1: I think you're pulling up is this R and B was producers? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean a lot of these didn't go with specific rings, like Boy Wonder has rightfully so hit records with I Just want to show you one else, but has so many with Drake hit.
Speaker 1: Boy was on it.
Speaker 3: Move That Dope by Just Move That Dope.
Speaker 2: Control F and then type and Hip Boy, I'm gonna you and I are going to go through like a Microsoft word.
Speaker 5: Move that Dope by Future pharrells. Wow, one of my favorite beats of all time.
Speaker 1: No hit Boy on the top producers of the twenty first century? Who did the list?
Speaker 3: Rolling Stone?
Speaker 1: What you expect?
Speaker 3: Well, no, no Billboard. It's based off like actual data.
Speaker 2: Oh and my thing with hip Boy has I don't even want to call him cl classics because they're huge records, but hip Boy has more of like the records Beyonce was experimenting on rather than the hit records.
Speaker 1: Niggas in Paris is a top song.
Speaker 5: Of course that should be like that's automatic win. There's nothing that a loan should put him somewhere based off how many you have. So even if that's that's one, I.
Speaker 2: Guess, yeah know, though it is gonna be interested though no tire, it still works.
Speaker 5: Click Click goes Click is gonna go crazy. Sickle Mode is gonna go crazy.
Speaker 3: That's that's hip boy.
Speaker 5: That's not like Will I know I'm hit boy.
Speaker 1: He's not even he's not he has to be pictures right there. He's literally as big as for real.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie to y'all.
Speaker 5: Mike Will has more hits, hits, he has a significant.
Speaker 3: We've seen in verses where that doesn't necessarily mean.
Speaker 1: Everything got to be on others.
Speaker 2: It's it's kind of how you structure your playlist and how songs go against each other, Like.
Speaker 1: It's how Yeah, that's a very big part of the verses.
Speaker 3: You can have more hits that don't mean anything.
Speaker 4: It's like when you play him versus like especially if I got to play a record.
Speaker 1: First, it's like playing a hand of spades.
Speaker 4: You got to play your hand right, because now if I play, you know, one of my biggest records, and then you play something that people just like more, it's like, Okay, who got that? Yeah, Like I'm not saying they might have charted the song I play, might have charted hiding the one you played, But as.
Speaker 2: Like in the jay z Jar another tip his biggest record New York, State of mont or Empire statement yeah, you think jay Z's playing that in his verses. No, of course, not like just because you have bigger hits there doesn't mean anything. Yeah, and even I wouldn't say Ludacris shouldn't have beat Nelly, but it shouldn't have been a wash. Nelly had had an awful Like how did you even think to structure it this way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm curious if they're going to go one for one or if it's going to be the fifteen minutes set verse fifteen minutes set.
Speaker 1: I think it should be that.
Speaker 3: I prefer that. I think it's cool that.
Speaker 4: I think that the whole versus is. I think we kind of got away from what it was at one point. It kind of turned into more of a just showcase of songs, and you know, performative is more performative now. So I like that way of doing it, like that, that type of setup, like you take fifteen minutes, I take fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the last one they did with cash money and no limit, they did it that way. And hopefully there's performers like I would love to see Race Fremmer together again with Mike will JD.
Speaker 1: Definitely dodged the bullet with that bad boy one didn't.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't want to be attached to that.
Speaker 1: And I'm talking about they was going for the Mercedes Benz Stadium.
Speaker 2: I know that was gonna be I know they boot that was that was gonna be a d and everything.
Speaker 1: Hey JD.
Speaker 4: I know I know he happy that one didn't go down. Yeah, to have to pull that up and look at that over and over again on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Jad, I did listen to Ari lennox album Vacancye over the weekend.
Speaker 3: It's good, It's really good.
Speaker 2: It's it feels like Ari is more comfortable and less anxious than she was on the last project, because I know she was dealing with a lot of stuff behind the scenes with labels and this and that is this is this a fuck Dreamville? I wouldn't say that. They said it was a very horny album, but but Ari's always well, she got.
Speaker 1: Off the label and now she can be horny against.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you know, you squirted when you're comfortable.
Speaker 4: You got to be the most comfortable, got to be. If she's not comfortable, she ain't gonna squirt.
Speaker 2: Worry.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you knew that or I don't know that.
Speaker 3: That's a call back, y'all. I'm not being over the freakdown. That's very funny. Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, all of Ari's music, I wouldn't say Ari's music is horny, but she's always talked about sex through or just because it's a neo soul sound. Are you listening to the lyrics?
Speaker 4: First of all, the Neil's soul women are the most horny Jill Scott just because.
Speaker 1: They got the pepper liner to a MIC's and I feel like instance.
Speaker 4: And they got Bob Marley on the wall. Don't think that she ain't about to go in there and squirt all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yo. Yeah, I mean, don't let that neo soul shit for you. Just shade but and all that, I know, But no, most of I want to say most, but a lot of Ari's music is I wouldn't say, just sexually explicit. Yeah, the record we did together, the first bar is ex videos. I don't need those anymore.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I know, I know, yeah.
Speaker 2: But no, it feels it feels like she had less people in her ear and knowing her, this felt like an album that she actually had full fucking control with with j D and Brian Michael Cox because they executive produced the whole thing and they did everything in the compound Atlanta. No, it's good, It's very good. It stripped all the fat of the last two projects where I felt like she was super in her head and had too many people telling her what to do. It's not far off her regular sound. If you're an Ari fan, it's still an Ari album.
Speaker 1: This shit what she wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: She's with Interscope, so she was signed with Dreamville and Interscope left Interscope, I'm sorry, left dream Bilt just.
Speaker 3: Stayed within her scope.
Speaker 2: God, which is good too, because if you're not on a sub label, now you own fifty percent when I own, but you're fifty percent of your shit as opposed to twenty five because if you signed it with sub label, they take twenty five. And yeah, so signing direct to the labels, yeah, a bit more profitable.
Speaker 1: I'll get it. Shout out my Niga.
Speaker 2: Ari, but yeah, no, check out Ari Vacancy. Really good album. Shout out to what JD got he got in his bag. He has little ad libs and shit on there. I felt like I was listening to some Aria shit back in the day. A lot of it is like two thousands of Mariah and I'm about to go run to it right now. No, and she and Ari was always great with valseatto shit, but she went more volsatto than I've ever heard her before on her previous projects. But now JD throwing a little ad libs in there, and I was like, Okay, I'm not mad at this shit.
Speaker 1: JD and B Cox at the whole album fire. Yeah, in the.
Speaker 2: Studio that we've bentually they locked in and it just did the entire thing fire.
Speaker 3: So I liked.
Speaker 2: I liked that R and B compound there where they were Division eighty five and j JD.
Speaker 1: Even doing that for a lot of years.
Speaker 4: Man, Like I you know, I always speak highly JD, like he's what he's been doing, you know, the last.
Speaker 2: Fuck thirty years more than that Chris where I was born.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris Cross was the early nineties were approaching almost JD's been working.
Speaker 1: Over thirty over thirty five years.
Speaker 2: Thirty five now sobly thirty eight probably thirty five years yeah, nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ninety one.
Speaker 3: No, but even I don't think Chris Cross was even his first group.
Speaker 1: That might have been the first one, though.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that was the first one that popped. But he's been working well.
Speaker 4: No, he's been I'm from about JD is a hip hop baby.
Speaker 3: He was back, he was jump came out in ninety two, ninety two.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's give him since the nineteen since nineteen ninety, let's give him since that.
Speaker 1: So I said thirty five almost thirty five years. Thirty four years.
Speaker 2: Shit, It's funny anytime I've been to his compound and there's been like a big R and B artist there that didn't work with him prior. Every single time I've talked with him on the side and be like, yo, I've never been with a legend that still touches the machine, which to me is a big big things. Like every time I get with a list legendary producer, they don't touch like they just be hitting space bar and some shit, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: All right, who who did that?
Speaker 2: No, JD is still JD sits there and cooks up from scratch. He's going to hit every instrument when you're in there, like.
Speaker 1: Shout out to him.
Speaker 4: And because I think they was number one, number two on the Top Producers of the twenty thirt which they fucking should be.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Shout out to the guys. JD.
Speaker 2: Brian talks before we get to either voicemails or close out this first Netflix episode.
Speaker 3: Good job, guys.
Speaker 1: I do I really.
Speaker 3: Hope this Chad Hugo and Pharrell thing gets gets solved.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad at at if Chad feels like he was done wrong and he's owed royalties. We know Chad Hugo is a genius the same way that Farrell is a genius.
Speaker 3: We know Chad is just kept to himself.
Speaker 2: But if you're not paying royalties, and I'm not saying Pharrell is even responsible for that, he could have put that in people's hands, his business management team and said, hey, you figure out the publishing, make sure everyone's paid. I don't want to sit here and condemn Pharrell for those types of things because I don't know the information. If he did that shit, I'm here to condemn him, my favorite producer, I'd still condemn him. But I hope they figured this out.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: See my favorite fucking production duo just be in this place where no one's getting paid.
Speaker 3: What the heir owed this? This was sad sad to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if I'm Chad does yeah, fucking pay me what you owe me. I'm not gonna sit here for the for the love of the game, for the love of the game. No, and and and again, I don't we don't know the full details. They just said that Chad Hugo had filed a lawsuit for specific records Drop It Like It's Hot, how the bat Girl Moneymaker?
Speaker 3: You know, just billion dollar songs.
Speaker 4: Right, some songs that literally kept on the lights of some of these offices.
Speaker 2: Still, yes, the back catalog is and I mean and that was at the time, you know who knows what MTV news with pr when they were like, oh no, it's a I think it was a million dollars for Drop It Like It's Hot that I was a kid, But I remember watching MTV and they asked Snoop Dogg was like, would you pay for that beat? It's like I had to pay Forell a million dollars for that beat. A million dollars for one beat.
Speaker 3: It was worth it.
Speaker 2: That's up front. That's not you still get. Yeah, you don't know anything. I don't know a lot of priters don't take any money upfront. You just get fifty percent pub and you can live for the rest of your life off that shit. Farrell was charging a million dollars a beat at that time in fifty percent.
Speaker 4: Publishing, and you don't know what that song is gonna do. It sounds great in the studio, we all vibe into it, the homies just fucking with it. We don't know what this is going to do in the world, though, so I might be overpaying for this beat, and it's like that shit I ain't even recool.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously we know Chad is no novice to anything. I give for a lot of credit because, like Swizz, I've seen interviews where artists are like, why Swiz and Pharrell were so great to work with. When I got to the studio, they had the beat and the hook already done. All I had to do was fill in the verses. This wasn't even a cookup session. You gave me a hit record. You're on the hook, you wrote the hook, here's the beat. I'm filling in three verses and we're done. I could do that in ten minutes, and now I have the biggest record of my life.
Speaker 3: If Fharrell is.
Speaker 2: Writing those hooks, yeah, I could see him taking more royalties in pub on certain things. But there's a lot of Chad beats with the Neptunes that everyone says Farrell had nothing to do with, and Chad did all the beats. I don't know what's true at all. I just know they're my favorite production duo and I hope they figure it out. But I just don't think Chad, who's been mana his business and is quiet, is doing this for no reason.
Speaker 5: Do you think that where there's smoke, there's fire in sense of like Pharrell being a little bit funny with money, because Kalise has been complaining about him for years as well.
Speaker 2: Possibly, and again I don't want to discredit Kalise whatsoever. I mean that that album in itself is like a two thousands classic. The amount of kids that came from that album. Tyler's a kid from that album. You listening to Tyler albums now and you can hear Thecalise's first album and you hear the same shit. I've also heard that she didn't write on it, but I don't want to take that.
Speaker 3: From Chalice because I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But there's been so many conflicting points from producers, engineers on who wrote what, and a lot of people have said, all right, Pharro wrote some of that shit, so why wouldn't he take royalties on it?
Speaker 3: So I don't know. It's the most confusing business on earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I make a T shirt, the T shirt's ten dollars, the designer charges this much, and we put it up for fifty percent markup, and the person distributed and gets ten percent. That's an easy business. I don't know what a baseline cost or what it's going to affect how many points. I don't know what that is. If I make a baseline that we later find out is the reason why everyone loves this song, I'm going to be sitting there like, YO, give me my fucking money, dog, that's the reason why we all love this shit. Now, you can't do that with a T shirt. I sold you this T shirt for ten bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this T shirt is always worth ten bucks.
Speaker 2: This moment was like, it's such a confused in business that it's enemies and awful people in it.
Speaker 3: For sure. It's not even when the people that are trying their best. It's tough.
Speaker 1: It's not a confusing business. People make it confusion.
Speaker 3: I'm saying we publishing specifically.
Speaker 4: That's still not confusing. Quincy Jones and Frank Sinatra had no confusion.
Speaker 3: Well they're going to fifty fifty.
Speaker 1: You see how us that no confusion.
Speaker 4: But then no contracts and we never had a contract with each other, none of that handshake conversation. This will we this is how we rocket. People make it confusion when they start doing funck shit. It's not always function.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying, no, sometimes you might not. Sometimes two people can disagree on how much they brought to a project. You I bought this and you bought this. You might value this more, but I value this more. The fans value this more. It can get confusing.
Speaker 4: No, you make it confusion. We were having this conversation before anything goes.
Speaker 3: Out this door.
Speaker 2: No, we're making what happens that song in the studio right again here, right now. We haven't touched the lyric, nothing has been played nothing. We're having a conversation. Yo, this is how we This is what we're doing.
Speaker 3: That's not work.
Speaker 5: That's I was gonna say that, but that's the creative process. You haven't created anything. You don't know what you're going to create. Are you see what I'm saying. I can't tell you what my worth is right with with this beat, I'm making a beatcalices writing lyrics. I can't tell you what this beat is worth because I haven't created it yet. I can't tell you what these lyrics are worth because I haven't created it yet. Is the is the beat the most important? But important is the lyrics? You don't know the part.
Speaker 1: You're missing, is what I'm saying. You look at somebody.
Speaker 4: I don't know if any of these people were talking about have a more extensive catalog or more you know, value catalog than Quincy Jones and Frank Sinatra, Pharrell.
Speaker 1: Whoever else you want to name.
Speaker 4: I don't know if their catalog is worth more than Quincy Jones and Frank Sinatra. What I'm saying is the conversation that those two gentlemen add was very simple conversation shake, no confusion. Their entire career working together, none and they made a fuck ton of money with each other.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, let's say, all right, Frank was writing everything and Frank sang everything. Now let's say they put something down on a skeleton track where Quincy just had some strings playing and then he's gonna go with the whole orchestra and a bunch of musicians after Frank leaves, we have a fifty to fifty handshake. Now, if I'm a musician that played something wrote something on the song. That's what I think a lot of people misunderstand when they see Spotify credits. Writing writing doesn't mean you wrote necessarily wrote the lyrics writing the song. Child is a writer on all my stuff, even if he didn't write a lyric at all, because he wrote music on there. I put writers on everything that wrote music. It's not just lyrics. Now, if I'm a bass player and I think I deserve seven point five percent PUB on this because the baseline is leading this entire thing, I don't give a fuck what handshake Quincy Jones and Frank Sinatra have on this. Quincy, this is coming out of your fifth percent. Yeah, yeah, we're going to have a conversation here. There's not everything else is coming out of the office.
Speaker 3: Like if Frank Sinatra, and what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Is I write music on that, I deserve pub.
Speaker 5: If Frank Sinatra and Quinsy Jones split fifty to fifty, right, they each have fifty to fifty if one of them brings in some people a chorus or a band or somebody to do something on there, you don't suddenly create more money out of thin air. If that has to come out of somebody's fitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we had that conversation with Frank. You know, Frank, I had to pay it bits da da da.
Speaker 2: All right, cool, But that doesn't even come up how publishing was simple that it. That wouldn't even be a Frank conversation. That would be a Quincy conversation because how pub is split. It is fifty percent with the actual writing of the song, and the other fifty percent is split up between whatever's happening with the music. Now, if Quincy's taking fifty percent, if I know, even if I go in to do a record, I know out the gate I'm hiring musicians, and I don't play the game where I just give you a fee and take pub I just don't play that game. I'm going to be on the right side of history. You're gonna get your pub on that. But I know going in if I'm starting a record, if me and Nick Grant start a record, I know for a fact I'm going to hire some musicians that are probably gonna be able to play what I'm trying to do in Ableton way better than I ever could, and I'm going to give them their pub on that entire thing. So if me and Nick have a fifty to fifty split, if we're doing an EP, my pub is supposed to be diluted for everyone that comes in there and writes music. And now that pub gets diluted a bit more. If it's something that I'm doing on Ableton and I want you to replay it, now I can have that argument with you, like, hey, maybe you don't get twenty percent PUB on this, Maybe that's more of a ten to fifteen because I told you exactly what I wanted to do and you played it for me. And that's where I'm saying it gets complicated because there's no real consumer the t shirts ten dollars.
Speaker 3: We're selling it for twenty.
Speaker 2: That's a debate between two human beings and the song's not even out. Yeah, and also, Maul, you don't even know what the value of the song is going to be.
Speaker 5: I'm sure Frank Sinatra and Quincy Jones didn't have any problems, but I promise you there's probably people that were in the studio with them or around them that might have had a problem with some things with our goats that we all love to death and speak hi when they walk in to a studio. We've talked about our favorite writers on this pod in the last two years. They don't get the pub they deserve because when it comes with this artist, they're taking fifty percent pub even if they didn't write anything. So now someone that wrote a whole song is getting two percent PUB because it's also with a producer that walks into a studios like taking if I come in here, it's fifty percent PUB. And that's what people we speak about often and we champion That happens to some of our favorite writers.
Speaker 3: Writers we've had on this podcast that.
Speaker 2: Won't speak about it because it's complicated and it's political and they're trying to keep their job. But yeah, you want to work on a list artist, shit, be happy with three percent if you wrote a whole record, which is crazy because you deserve.
Speaker 1: Fifty good point, but one point still stands.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, people people put bullshit.
Speaker 1: People put bullshit in the mix, and no they do.
Speaker 2: And I'm what I was really getting to and we can close. This is the conversation I'm saying when if Quincy is telling someone exactly how to play something, now we have a debate on what pubuo instead, and stead if there's been times where I've had you met Mitch, my bass player before Mitch just comes in, if we have an idea men a odd and tell them there's a different version of pub there. Then if I send Mitch a record and Mitch comes up with the fucking baseline, Mitch is taken at least fifteen percent on that he wrote a whole. I didn't even tell you what to do on the baseline. I gave you a skeleton and you came with a funky ass baseline.
Speaker 1: You taking fifteen percent at minimum.
Speaker 5: So if we're confusing to the average listener who isn't into music the way that we are, and they don't know about this type what we're saying into chat GPT, and it'll make a little bit more sense because I know that this can be fed be confusing for the casual music listener.
Speaker 1: They don't know what the fuck we're talking about.
Speaker 2: It's confusing to professionals and yeah, yeah that's and what's so fucked up is why everyone hates major labels is everything we're arguing about somebody else ends up owning that wasn't even there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you want to write everyone's pistol.
Speaker 1: Yep, bully all right, Rory?
Speaker 2: It was fun, uh you know yeah, talking to you today, debating you do we have a debate today?
Speaker 1: I think we debated.
Speaker 3: Oh we had think we had healthy discourse.
Speaker 2: If I said something out of finished, I'm sorry. My front will load anything.
Speaker 1: There's a little.
Speaker 4: I'm not not smoking weed anymore. So my front lobe is a little more clear than it's ever been in the last few years, Wory.
Speaker 2: So next episode, I will tell you about the time slammed into a telephone pole and definitely fucked up my frontal loaf. Idn't explained so much? Why didn't. Oh you should have told me this when I first met you. It's actually a very function to lead with that.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, I was in a car accident.
Speaker 4: Frontal lobe was a little because in now I'm expecting anything after that, like, oh, I get it, I understand right, fair, Yes, you gotta lead with the frontal lobe injury, Rory.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Josh added to the list. My frontal lobe injury. Yes of our next episode.
Speaker 1: All right, well, this has been fun. Welcome to the family. The Netflix family are here. You can say it though.
Speaker 4: Also bonus contents Patreon dot com forward Slash, New Rory and Mall, where you can catch more of New Rory and Mall.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk to y'all soon. Be safe, be blessed. I'm that nigga. He's just Ginger. Welcome to Netflix.