Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I's you, I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast one of other productions I heard radio. He's in five, episode six, Norman Mailer, I'm pregnant. I am joined by Danielle Romo who's in another room, and Amy Sugarman, who is in the same world. Ladies, welcome, how are you? How is everybody wears Tara?
Speaker 3: She's late, but she's common.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be here. Okay, good.
Speaker 3: But I have like a couple of important updates for you. Number one, I will say and I know that last week's episode, meaning TV episode, was not your favorite. And what I have learned from reading all the comments is many fans agree with you. Yes. A lot of fans actually said they when they're doing their rewatches they skip that one.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people agreed like it wasn't very luke like how he was, So you should feel okay that it wasn't your favorite.
Speaker 1: All of my self worth is tied up in this podcast justice ever, so I'm going to have a good week. This is good news, thank you.
Speaker 3: The other one was we you know, look we try hard. We try hard, but we blow it. Sometimes we totally do. We messed up. We forgot Kyle.
Speaker 1: What we did? We do that we do we forget?
Speaker 3: Have you forgot him? You just didn't really like chime in when Tara and I come.
Speaker 1: Look, I was dialing your line at midnight and it wasn't going through it. Just I tried. I tried, like heck, so.
Speaker 3: We own our mistakes. I mean, I pride myself on being very knowledgeable on many shows, not just this show. And I did not place him. I screwed it up. So our apologies and.
Speaker 1: We were you know how many times bab Ruth struck out. He struck out more than anybody in major league history. Okay, don't feel bad, Yeah, don't feel so bad.
Speaker 3: And he's like the best basill player of all time ever, so it's like, yeah, you can't get one hundred if you I love I love that everyone was reading Justice for Kyle, Justice for Kyle, And I will tell you this inside baseball story that could explain it. Many moons ago, when Kyle made his first appearance, I did reach out and try to book him because he's the kid from the Sandlot and I can't remember why, but he wasn't available, right, like he didn't want to do it or he doesn't do interviews or whatever it was. For some reason he couldn't do it. So I'm wondering did I purge him from my mind? Like like, oh, he doesn't want to come on our show?
Speaker 4: Okay, he doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: He doesn't exist, so that like I just forgot about him.
Speaker 1: So anyway, imagine not wanting to come on this show. Can you just getting that call and saying no? I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: It barely happens. That's the thing. The Gilmore stars love Gilmore Girls, so pretty much everyone says yes. So I think maybe that's why I was like, what he doesn't want to come on? What? He didn't exist to me anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, look, it was a very funny video. It still is. Go check it out on Instagram account.
Speaker 3: And and Justice for Kyle Kyle does Exist.
Speaker 1: Again joined a movement hashtag out of it. We're going to stand by.
Speaker 3: We should ask one more time, Danielle. Maybe we just ask his name's Chauncey, right, yeah, let's ask him one more time. Maybe we just try one more because now it's justice for Kyle all.
Speaker 1: Right, So listen, I'm going to do a little piece of business here everybody. I'm going to be at Louisville Popcorn middle of June, so go to Louisville Popcon website get your tickets. I'm also going to be in Corpus Christy at the end of July, and I'm working on something for August and September as well. I'll let you know. Anyway, let's get to this episode. Norman Mayler, I Am Pregnant, Danielle synopsize us or four.
Speaker 5: All right, this is season five, episode six, Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant Air day, October twenty six, two thousand and four. Lorlei and Suki are thrilled when a cultural icon starts frequenting the Dragonfly in dining room in order to I set some expenses. At the end, they have to stop serving lunch. Dundune, Rory discovers an intriguing secret society at Yale, Christopher resurfaces because he needs lorealized help, and Sukie realizes she's pregnant.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll tell you and Tara, Hello, welcome, Hello, relate than never. You're pretty early, so good. Good to see yourself.
Speaker 6: I made it right on time.
Speaker 1: You were right there. Yeah, no, no, you'll go right on times. Yeah, yeah, I mean late. You're pretty early, Yeah, you're pretty early.
Speaker 3: There's so much to talk about in this episode. I'm overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: It's I gotta tell you. My my reaction to this episode was just give me more, Matt Secret, more and more and more more. I've never seen I've rarely seen a better introduction to a character in my whole life. This is the way you introduced I agree.
Speaker 3: I know we talk about it when we go in order, but like when he put that hat on, it said press and he did that hit.
Speaker 1: I still.
Speaker 3: So awesome.
Speaker 1: Genius, genius.
Speaker 3: I am obsessed with him. I agree.
Speaker 1: I think it was a television history and that that's the thing that you would show, like I don't want to be morbid, you know, but when we all croak, you know, maybe they'll maybe they'll feature something for me. I don't know, a cut like this is definitely Matt will right like eighty years or whatever, it's going to be sixty seventy years, they'll play that clip. That's that's the beautiful clip. Sorry, Matt, I don't mean he's got a lot, a lot of movie.
Speaker 3: So I have a question for you guys. And it's not a criticism, it's not a compliment. I don't know what it is. The opening scene for me was good, but it was so frenetic it kind of made me uncomfortable, Like I was like, oh, did anybody else feel that?
Speaker 1: Like there was you know what I think it is? I think I think it's my fault. You know what. I think it's my fault. I think it's my fault as an actor because I got too caught up in Lauren's speed and her rhythm and I didn't maintain my own rhythm. Really, it wasn't really Luke like, was it.
Speaker 3: No, And now that you say it, something was like it was a funny scene and kind of Laura I like, but almost a lot.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. I thought she was great. She was fine. She's doing her stick, that's what she does, and she's great at it. I just don't think I served that scene very well because I tried to speed everything up. I tried to speed my speech up instead of just sort of living in it and let it exist with me. There's a way, there's but there's a way to pick up your cues when you don't have to rush anything, but you're not slowing the other person down. I don't think I achieved that.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought it was funny when you said I can never pick you up here again.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was just very frenetic with it, like with the socks and then in the bites and the jeep on because I was.
Speaker 5: Just like, nobody does that. No one puts their socks in the oven.
Speaker 6: And I got distracted because then I was like, well, now I know that the oven doesn't work, so they're not warm.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It was just I'm not saying it wasn't good. I'm sure people.
Speaker 1: Because you know how dared you, right, I mean, it's this is this is us you're talking about. Man.
Speaker 3: It does not be critical anywhere.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I thought that. But there I gave my reason, and there it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an interesting reason because I don't know what it was for me. It was just and I don't know if I'm using the right word, but I think frenetic is the right word.
Speaker 1: It's hard, it's hard not to get caught up and and what she's doing, you know, but you can't let yourself get get seduced so much. You got to maintain who your character. Truth is, character truth is. Yeah, yeah, it's just it's not a big adjustment. I just don't think I made the I made the adjustment here and there, but I just sort of let it. It was swept away in it. It's not I was.
Speaker 3: Worried about the keys, and the keys are on the door, those are little doors. The socks are the oven, and then the corp light's broken. I was just like, ooh, I don't feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was that the first time that Linke and Laurrela have churned your stomach?
Speaker 3: But you know what I did like about the open What.
Speaker 1: Did you have for dinner that night?
Speaker 3: I have an ant acid. The thing I did like though, that I thought was super cute was the door open, because it started actually slow, door open, Hey, hey, back kiss, and I'm like, they're a couple. Whoa, that's cute.
Speaker 1: And then it just well, he kept the door. He kept the front door open, hoping to get her out fast, and then when he realized it wasn't gonna happen, he just gave up the closed door.
Speaker 3: So then I have another question. I usually press skip on the credits, but this time, I didn't, and I think there might have been some new footage. So next week, can everybody watch because I've been skipping, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I usually skip too.
Speaker 3: So we got to watch the credits and just see if there's some new things.
Speaker 1: More homework, I mean it never ends the emails, the text can you do this? Can you do that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Live on the air, you guys have more homework.
Speaker 6: To do that extra thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: So anyway, okay, then we get to First of all, I did notice in the credits, not the opening credits, but the you know, once the show starts, we knew that Matt was back. I think he's like special guest star or something in this. So I was thrilled Paris had the dream about Rory. Rory really wants to get features. Rory's in a pink, cute, pink sweater. That's sort of what's happening.
Speaker 1: I like Rory in the what is it called the al Daily News? What is it called it? Yeah, what is the paper? What is it called? What is it called? What's the newspaper called?
Speaker 3: We have to look that up exactly, and I mean Savior letters. We know we should know it.
Speaker 1: All the topic at Yale Newspaper. It says, but I love being in there, I love the action. I love Doyle.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, the Yale Daily News, Yale Daly.
Speaker 3: Did you know Doyle whose real names out of my head right now, created that Michael Keaton show about the opioid crisis? That guy is legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah he. I think he won or was nominated for an Emmy for that, the Al Gore yeah election, the Hanging Chad thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what's the opioid show with Michael Keaton? Someone give me that.
Speaker 1: He did Empire too.
Speaker 6: It's Danny Strong he created.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I didn't realize he also did that Michael Keaton whatever it was. Somebody tell me the title. And I saw him the dope Sick, Dope sick Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's been on the news a lot because ultimately he's a writer, and so he's on strike with all the writers right now, and so he's been on the news quite a bit. But to me, he's Doyle prolific.
Speaker 1: He's a prolific writer. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's so nice to see Rory like not just in her dorm like last freshman year, she was just always in her dorm and I'm like, oh, she's like mingling. Like finally, it's like a a whole year.
Speaker 3: You get here.
Speaker 1: I thought it would hurt the show, separating mother and daughter, but it actually enhanced it. Yeah, they figured it out. It's like I like her, Yeah, I like her. Now she's now she's in the belly of the beast. She's making a friends, she's doing stuff, she's interacting, and it's all she's busy. I like to see it. I want more to come.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Glenn forgetting in the New York Times. And then the bit with Doyle was.
Speaker 1: Another another great Glenn appearance, totally like what's the big deal? I don't care?
Speaker 3: And Rory trying to see the bright side for Doyle, and then Doyle just flipping the script on her like oh, okay, really, I'm the Muncie Messenger or whatever. He's a good character.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 5: I didn't like him at first, but now I'd rather enjoy Doyle.
Speaker 3: Danielle, do you have any predictions for anything you see with Doyle, Like just anything that comes off the top of your head of what you might just predict a Doyle prediction. Doyle prediction.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: He's gonna ask Rory out to the dance.
Speaker 4: Oh good, I did not. That was not on my radar. But now that you said it, we're.
Speaker 6: Not going to tell you.
Speaker 3: We're just wanting to know for the two virgins in the group.
Speaker 5: On he is totally going to get a crush on Rory, but then Rory's going to get a crush on Logan, and then Doyle and Logan are going to hate each other.
Speaker 8: Are we close?
Speaker 3: Are We're not gonna answer that.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: It got with the assist. I appreciate that. That was good.
Speaker 3: So then she goes home, goes down on the bed, she's reading the paper. She's got Loralai on the phone. Oh, Luke did a bit, which is I've seen this episode a lot of times for some reason, this one and the next one like two of my can't out. But I'd never have loved the bit about Luke doing a bit when he's in the oven and hitting his head. But I don't know's I guess it's funny. I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's just relax and love and enjoying herself and having a grand old time. Life is good, the inn is open, she's got her relationship going on, it's and she she owned that, you know, and she was just sitting in that chair talking to her daughter and raised her daughter daughter's at Yale. Life is good, you know.
Speaker 3: I do love that she's so comfortable with Rory, with Luke, do you know what I mean? Like, yeah, there's none of this like not sneaking around like she had to do before, but sneaking around like she had to do before. It's very much like I'm here, Luke's here. This is this is real.
Speaker 6: And even at the end when she's like you sound happy, it's like yeah, like she is happy, and it was kind of like not that she needs Rory's approval, but I feel like it felt like that, like thanks, Like yeah, I am very happy.
Speaker 1: I've never understood Rory better or empathized with her more than this episode because she got to measure her upbringing Luke versus Christopher in a very definitive way and it was very touching and it was very sad. Actually I got very very sad, and now I understood Rory more and better because of this episode.
Speaker 3: It's a powerful moment. This episode, for being light and fun, really actually has a lot of deep meaning.
Speaker 1: It'll punch into life there and give you some moments.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, then I really I can't wait to talk to you guys about it. So as we get there, because.
Speaker 1: We'll show because I really want.
Speaker 3: To talk about Sherry leaving and all of it. It's like it's it's major in anyway. In the meantime, we kind of get that Rory is sort of feeling a little stressed because she didn't do an internship and she feels behind and you know, so we're getting a little of that, but it's a that's a really good scene other than like morel laughing at Luke's head, hitting that. I didn't think.
Speaker 6: That Rory wasted two months being in Europe, did you guys, Because I was like, that's a whole experience that most kids don't get at that age.
Speaker 1: That's experience. Yeah, I was time either, time all spent. You know. You can you can be in a couple of dozen riots. You can get back on your bike keeping bike to another ryot.
Speaker 4: It's wonderful and good food, good drinks. Yeah, and she's of legal age to drink. You know, lots of bros.
Speaker 1: I think for the rioters it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: I think Tar's point of spending that time with your grandmother is invaluable. You may not see it in the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, no question.
Speaker 3: So then we meet Norman Mailer at the Inn, which is.
Speaker 1: Fact, that's actually her getting your PhD and.
Speaker 9: Snooty yeah, or also I think you look back when your grandparents aren't here and you're like, oh, thank god I did that. Yeah, so we meet Norman Mailer at the Inn.
Speaker 3: Now, did everybody know who Norman Mailer was?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: No, I thought he was a fictional character until now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, so who is Norman Mayler?
Speaker 1: Who is Norman may Well? I mean, yeah, he's the guy who went to Harvard and graduated with a degree in aeronautical engineering and was drafted into the war, volunteered, and he fought in World War Two, and when.
Speaker 3: He came back A lot about Norman.
Speaker 1: When he came back, he wrote The Naked and the Dead and it made him an instant literary star. When when writers used to be the top of the food chain and the entertainment business in America, he was the shining light. He was the novelist. It was. It was him and Philip Roth and John dos Passos and a couple of others Updyke was up there and saw Bellow and people like that. I mean he was a guy who with a big ego and a big brain.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he wanted to be a little controversial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there was. He he did a lot of he did journalism too, and he kind of you know, he blended the subjective complexity and artistry of the novel with journalistic objectivity.
Speaker 3: Now I don't be wrong, but allegedly he also stabbed his wife with a pen in the heart.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, apparently in the heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah that so was he not controversial when you all had him on the show, like even though because he allegedly stabbed the wife.
Speaker 1: Like in the sixties, Yeah, he found his fame. I mean I think they put Naked and the Dead was published nineteen forty eight, so he was a star from nineteen forty eight on. And then you know, the perception was that he never matched The Naked and the Dead and that and that by the time the sixties and seventies rolled around, he know, he was publishing books that didn't measure up according to some critics, and gore Vidal went after the hardest. His friend, Well, I grew up with with with Gurvidal and Norman Mailer. I mean, every every man that graduated the Ivy League of the gi Bill that was, you know, an English major wanted to write the great American novel when they graduated, and he's the guy that did it. My father included in that bunch, and he never got the opportunity to do it until later in his life. So right, interesting people used to aspire to be writers. They wanted to be great novelists. They did Hemingway. You know, everybody was so turned on by Hemingway. Men, women, everybody wanted to be Ernest Hemingway.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, the person interviewing him is his son, So he's not playing his son. He's playing the journalist interviewing him.
Speaker 6: But that is it's his real son.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that's played by Stephen Mahler. So you're welcome for the history.
Speaker 1: But Mailer was controversial in that he was, you know, pugilistic in his his academic style, his debating style. He ran sure, he got physical with certain people, you know New York mayor. He was kind of a tough guy. He was, you know, he he went up, went went against Gloria Steinem and the Women's movement, and he debated them in very nuanced and interesting ways, but then got labeled as a male chauvinist pig, which was yeah, yeah, the phraseology of the time in male chauvinist pig, you're a chauvinist.
Speaker 3: He had six wives, nine children, so it's kind of interesting that he lived his life that Amy Sherman Palladino, you know, wanted Norman Mayler. Yeah, because it's also like, okay, if you think about this, when they're like Norman Mayler is in the Inn, that only really had significance to like the older viewers of Gilmore Girls back in two thousand and four, right, Like, it wasn't like she came back in and she's like Angelina Jolie is in the Inn, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Norman Mailer was to writing what Jackson Pollock was to painting.
Speaker 3: He did learn that Billy Joel has come into the Inn. We didn't get to see it, but we did learn that Billy Joel came in and ate a lot of things. But Norman Mayler just gets iced tea.
Speaker 1: So and Billy Joel barely hides it.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever gone somewhere and you ordered like just a drink, and then you feel bad and order like a snack just because you're like like I've done that, or you're like, I'll just get an appetizer because I feel bad.
Speaker 5: I've never never just ordered a drink, unless it's like at a coffee shop.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking, Like, I only order.
Speaker 4: There's always food on the table when goes there.
Speaker 1: But he's but he's there doing an interview. That was the purpose of it, meet me at the Dragonfly interview. He's not going to sit there and stuff.
Speaker 3: His face throw a flag on the play. If you own an inn, right, you own an inn. There's lots of people staying at the inn that will be coming downstairs just for a drink, just for a cup of coffee. So Suki maybe was totally overap, being kind of inappropriate, Like who cares this guy. It's a it's an inn. People can come down just to have a lemonade or water or sit in the lobby if they want to. They don't have to order even a drink. They already you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It was manufactured sort of territorial sort of thing going on. But it's Norman Mailer. I mean doesn't she know who Norman Bayler is? And also the deal when that guy comes and sits down in your restaurant, that's an icon right there.
Speaker 5: So I think it would be different if her dining room was full for lunch, you know, and Norman Mayler was there and only getting icedy.
Speaker 1: I think she'd be like, I can't get a table, taking the table.
Speaker 6: And she's getting her lunch taken away, So I feel like it's just oh yeah.
Speaker 5: So my point being, she wouldn't be bothered if there was meant other people for her to cook for.
Speaker 4: But the fact that.
Speaker 5: He's the only one there and she's not serving him food he only wants iced tea.
Speaker 3: Well, and I they should be more bothered if he was only getting iced tea if the room was full, because he's like, like Scott said, he's holding the table.
Speaker 1: But then also, if I own an inn and the chef is hassling somebody drinking tea, who's you know, a major celebrity, I'm firing that totally.
Speaker 3: That's why Lorelai was sort of like a pom your self down.
Speaker 1: It's like, what is going on? Man?
Speaker 3: They want learn it's because she's pregnant. We'll just get to the punchline. There he learned then she's crazy in acting nuts. So okay that Doyle gives out the assignments and Rory gets features, Glenn gets crime, Paris gets religion. This seems big to me that Rory got features when it's like her she's so young on the paper.
Speaker 1: But cool, Well, let's see what she does with the opportunity.
Speaker 3: I was on.
Speaker 6: I will say I was on my high school newspaper, and I loved features because you could basically write about like anything you wanted, like you just could. He didn't have like sports or whatever. You got to fully pick what you wanted to do.
Speaker 3: And then it happens in walks logan into the newsroom and just Doyle freaking out is just like the greatest thing ever. And did you see, like he who's that girl? Now? He had a girl and.
Speaker 4: He kind of a girl that he lanted planted a speech on.
Speaker 3: Is that the same girl that he had in the episode when they walked by the coffee cart?
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 3: Can somebody from either our staff or the crack staff figure out if that was the same girl? So that's like somebody's mission for the next thirty minutes. So what do you guys, I mean, I love him already, So what did especially Scott and Danielle, what did you guys think when here he comes and you see how studley he is, and then you learn he's got this big, rich father who's in the newspaper business.
Speaker 1: He's such a cool customer and to come into a scene like that and just take over and be cool and relaxed, and it just showed how how strong an actor he is, and what a wonderful debut for him, and what a great character. I just think, man, Amy must have had a ton of fun writing that character.
Speaker 3: Oh, I agree. So he's in the Gilmore Woldan he's got that different rhythm right Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, he's just this old guy and he I mean, you know, is just reeking from him. It's just pouring off him. Privilege and class and money. It's just pouring off him. And he's not apologetic about it. You know. He's ourgany kind of and he's distant, yet he's familiar and i and warm at the same time. It's just he's playing all these opposites. Wonderful, just wonderful to watch.
Speaker 5: I still don't like him.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I still like him.
Speaker 7: But.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting. I still don't like him.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting for the episode to find him a little more human, like the episode where you're like, oh, I get it now.
Speaker 4: I'm still waiting for it. So I still don't like him.
Speaker 5: But what I will say is I do like what he makes the people around him do. Like I do like how Doyle is like flubbering around him like that makes that made me laugh and I loved that scene. And I also like how he's making Rory like call him out, you know, like Rory is actually like like not standing up to him, but she's kind of like, you know, like hey, dude, what's up?
Speaker 4: You know that kind of It's.
Speaker 3: Such a great point you're making there because so far they're pretty much going toe to toe. It's like who has the leg up? But I'm going to say it's Logan, and I think it's the first time that that's ever happened. Like they're going toe to toe, but like which we'll get to. She has to agree to the conditions, right, and when they kind of have that confrontation when she's sort of stalking him and waiting for him, like he won that so it's sort.
Speaker 1: Of like, yes, yes, that's what she does.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's close and she's leveled up, right, so, which I think he's intrigued by because most girls just kiss him and don't don't even give him any kind of anything. But it's still like point logan to me.
Speaker 1: Again, absolutely absolutely absolutely, and it's like he's in control. She wants the info from him. He's going to have fun with her totally. And then you know, and you don't have to necessarily like a character to enjoy the character, right, And he's so easy to enjoy. Are you not enjoying him, Danielle, You're not like he comes on the screen. What is your experience? Are you're not laughing? Or you know?
Speaker 5: Like I said, like I like what he's doing with the people around how the people around him are responding to him. Like I'm enjoying that a lot. So his presence is giving me that, But him as a human as and as a character, I'm not sold.
Speaker 1: I'm just sing Okay. So here's the thing. Here's the thing. When we meet a new person, right and we don't know them, and it's not like everybody's a little anxious, but then they make you laugh out loud. You love that person immediately, It's like, oh, I love this guy. I love this girl. She's funny and and Logan does that when he puts the hat on and he said, you know the whole thing, I just I howled this is.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like just.
Speaker 1: Like I love this guy. I don't care what he does. You can cut a Dean all day and a cowboy finger knoed Logan man entertaining.
Speaker 4: I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: When Dean first came to the picture, I was sold within the first episode. Same with Jess, like just with like you know, being mysterious and and different, like I loved it right away.
Speaker 4: But with Logan, it's just taking me time.
Speaker 6: Is because he like came in hot. Is that why?
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know. I'm just like he's just like not it.
Speaker 3: For me right now.
Speaker 5: That's fine, But I appreciate his presence in the show so far.
Speaker 6: I think Scott has a point too. It's like you don't have to love like the care but you still enjoy watching. That's such a great way of explaining it, because that's how I felt like, I mean, clearly I know what happens, but like even going back I'm like, you know what, he is really fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Oh god, he's so good. I mean, and just like the way they dress him in the turtleneck with the blazer, like you just know he's rich and he's handsome. And I think it's the confidence. And what I haven't ever figured out is is Matt Zukri playing Logan so confident or is Matt Zugri also just so confident and natural that he just can play Logan.
Speaker 1: Let's ask him.
Speaker 4: We do need him on?
Speaker 1: We do? Oh yeah, we need to, we needed we need We.
Speaker 3: Get a little glimpse into Logan's sort of life and that he like had Daddy's yacht and sunk it, and we learn a little bit about Mitcham. Yeah, so we learn we learn of Mitcham's existence and that Logan is a Huntsburger, you know, and then the hat and the whole thing. I just literally was like.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean, this character is taking us into a completely new world. It's a portal that that that Rory is going to walk through, and I am going with her.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the best storyline in the show in quite a while. It really truly is. I mean, this is just the whole experience in and of itself. This is a whole show in and of itself, right, I think I think the spin off shows may be inspired by this Light the Light Brigade.
Speaker 11: Is that what they call themselves, not to Life and Brigade, Life and the Life and the Light Bride, you know, And I just it's just a just a terrifically fun fantasy experience that having you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was waiting for more scenes with Logan, like let's go there.
Speaker 3: This new energy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this was kind of this episode was like a tease of that.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, yeah, yeah, that's a great point. So we go back to the inn and we've got Suki is still going with her whole thing, which was entertaining, but not my favorite part of the episode.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's a little shrill.
Speaker 3: It's a little shrill.
Speaker 1: I think I found myself turning the volume down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. And it was just sort of like no one's doing that. No proprietor essentially is like yelling at Norman Mailer, do you know what I mean? So it was.
Speaker 1: Funny when she went out and grabbed the book and said.
Speaker 3: It was all amusing and we understand that she's pregnant once we get the payoffs, so it's like, okay, fine.
Speaker 1: But that was that was a great how she realized that was a great real.
Speaker 3: We then learn that Doses is doing the what I call the seven eleven special, having the hot dogs, the nachos, the icy. First of all, I love an Icy, but the hot dogs looked not good.
Speaker 4: I love a nacho, so I'll take the nachos.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love when Laura, I don't. I can't remember if what happens to you. I think it's later when she's like cruising down just eating. It's like so epic.
Speaker 6: I like how it's like the top of the town, like, oh we got an icy machine and hot dog, Like it's like a whole thing.
Speaker 3: I do love an Icy though, I do too. Now, do you have a preference over Icy to Slurpee? And are they the same to you guys? Or are they different.
Speaker 6: Like slurpies? Right?
Speaker 1: What's the difference? The brain freeze you get the higher you get a quicker brain freeze with the Slurpee. With the Icy, it's a little more subtle.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a difference. Is maybe just the brand, just.
Speaker 6: The brand I think yeah, yeah, I don't know. ICs are always at like the movie theaters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Surer have colder ice.
Speaker 5: I like the different it's the same products, but bold under did anybody have the the at home? Slurpy won't thank the makers, Like it's like an easy bake oven, but.
Speaker 3: But it's funny. They still sell the icy one and thinking of buying it for the summer.
Speaker 5: So dope, but like it makes like one like you have to work really hard to.
Speaker 1: Make it a pool at your estate? Do you have a pool?
Speaker 3: I mean there's like a community pool.
Speaker 1: Well sure, I mean you can have your icy over there.
Speaker 3: So the easy bake oven literally we cooked cakes with a light bulb.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: But that's how the Slurpy, the slurping machine I'm talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's like, but I Slurpy was like a social totally now people we hang out with the seven eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's seven eleven right by our house and we go every day like literally slurpy every day. I'm sure it's not good for you too, You're just like drinking.
Speaker 4: Red sugar, red dye and sugar.
Speaker 3: But so that was kind of Dean looked adorable, don't get me wrong, but they also are having sort of a struggle because they can't schedule time. I'm not feeling good about their future.
Speaker 4: No, not really.
Speaker 5: That went out the window a few episodes ago.
Speaker 1: Life got in the way.
Speaker 3: There was sort of a funny line though, like when he's like sex can do that also, and she's all, amen, brother, it's.
Speaker 6: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Why is it so weird?
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 6: I think it's weird because I don't know why. Like I feel like it wouldn't be weird if it was like at this rate, like Logan and Rory, but because it's her in Dean, it just.
Speaker 1: Go Yeah, he's getting all porny on her talking about that marketing Gilmore. Girls don't do the porny talk.
Speaker 4: No, it's just weird. Like I get you guys.
Speaker 5: Had sex, but like yeah, like well you don't need to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Okay. So then we go to the meeting with the accountant, which here's my question. If a inn is seventy five percent occupied, that's like major.
Speaker 8: So there was a little bit of like huh because she's like, when we get the profits up from what I know, seventy five percent occupied is like amazing, like I heard hotels, you don't even want to be like ninety nine percent occupied because you're not able to handle that, like when a hotel's book this goes down and all these things.
Speaker 1: So they're just.
Speaker 4: Probably so in the hole, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Like I mean, they need to they need to maximize profits to get back to even because they're Yeah, they're in the rest, that's true.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: All that the big spend they did on breakfast.
Speaker 3: And dinners, it sounds like are going great, but lunch is problem.
Speaker 1: No breakfasts, break even dinners are making some money.
Speaker 3: Did she say that? Yeah, oh I missed that, but great, m and then I love that Michelle wants to deduct his suits, but Suki's all.
Speaker 1: Mad and my accountant would be able to deduct those suits.
Speaker 3: Well, your accountant might be better.
Speaker 1: I think he is, and I don't. I don't think he auditioned for that part. Weirdly, so day from Delta Airlines, I got a new they're still looking for my John.
Speaker 3: They still have not found it.
Speaker 1: They're giving it another two weeks and then they're giving up. But they just wanted to. They just wanted me to know they're working hard.
Speaker 3: When they give up, do you get any money or is it just too bad?
Speaker 1: No, it's too bad. Oh you don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. So when you put your suitcase on that thing, you're kind of like.
Speaker 6: I signed off.
Speaker 3: Just hope for the best.
Speaker 1: I handed it to that guy. I should have just said bye bye John, Bye bye Church. I don't want to home now.
Speaker 3: And every day I think good choice on the no flying. Okay, So then we go to Rory, who's trying to do this boring feature, like the story she picked is so boring, and we're in this random guy's room and he's trying to explain like I don't know CDs or something. To her.
Speaker 6: I was like, he is trying to explain LimeWire.
Speaker 3: It was so boring, like and I think it was intentionally boring. Like I was like, even I don't want to hear anything this guy's saying right in his messy, messy dorm room.
Speaker 6: The detail, by the way I was laying at when that was his name, the detail in that scene of just like I was looking in the room, like the set design was amazing.
Speaker 3: Totally totally that was like a crazy, legit, kind of geeky music y guy's dorm room yeah, but the bore is so plainful. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Speaker 1: So and then she's you were not entertained.
Speaker 3: So she goes to the bathroom because she lost her train of thought because she was so boring. She goes to the bathroom and then she sees the girl monkey head and gorilla mask. Yeah, gorilla masks.
Speaker 1: How did that girl not see her in the mirror? Though?
Speaker 3: Great point, great point.
Speaker 1: I mean she's like raked off to the side. The mirror has a pile of very wide you know the things I notice.
Speaker 3: It did make me go and watch the Planet of the Apes this weekend, though, it did make me want to watch Planet of the Apes, which I did. I finally watched the original nineties yeah boy, which is not bad. It's not good, but I think it's not good in twenty twenty three because like just the like the actual effects is basically just turning the camera in circles, rightly, what so bad? But it was like kind of amusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's put.
Speaker 3: It and it's like crashes in the water. But really it's just like a camera going like this, and you're just.
Speaker 1: Like technique seventies techniques.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so anyway, but.
Speaker 1: The ones are good, oh boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the Mark Wahlberg one was like, yeah, that's not great. But then the other ones.
Speaker 1: Were put Mark Wahlberg in the jungle, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And it was Tim Burton, but the yeah and the different ending, right, I don't know if you've seen it, but it's got the different ending.
Speaker 1: I mean I couldn't. I couldn't get through.
Speaker 3: Now I'm doing a deep dive in Plant of the Ames, probably thanks to Logan Huntsburger. But so Rory follows out and she sees her get in there escalade or the you.
Speaker 1: Know the.
Speaker 7: Es.
Speaker 3: Oh good, okay, and uh now she's intrigued.
Speaker 4: What did she say before she got in the car?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: She says in omnia. What does that mean?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: It means she looked it up? It means what does it mean? It means we do we learned?
Speaker 5: Means ready for everything, for anything, ready.
Speaker 4: For anything, anyone in this.
Speaker 1: But if we were, we wouldn't.
Speaker 5: If I'll admit it, if I can bet money, it would definitely be amy you too.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you what mine was, but yes, I got a weird letter like in my mailbox and the sorority and it said like go it was I think it was even like I can't remember if it was handwritten or it was like a professional like embossed letter and it said be ready this time.
Speaker 4: No, No, this is so cool.
Speaker 3: So I know my parents and I was like, what this weird letter? And where do they say?
Speaker 10: They're like, go, my dad's like it's skulling keys or something like full secret society that's like a massive drinking thing, which I'm like, it's definitely not that, like because I've never even had a sip of alcohol in my life.
Speaker 3: But he's like, it's definitely a secret society. Just be ready.
Speaker 5: Was it something that he was a part of or were you like that you were you inherited?
Speaker 3: Trying to figure out what I like, he was not in it, but he knew of it. So he was not in it because it was only girls. But he once at the time he knew, like I wasn't going to be murdered or something, you know, He's like, You're not gonna be murdered. You're like, you're fine, do it. Yeah, And my mom didn't know of it, but they still went to the same college as me. So that's why they would.
Speaker 4: So you did it?
Speaker 3: Oh I did it. Yeah, I'm in it. I can't tell you what it is.
Speaker 5: That was the excitt that I got was sorority with the secret handshake and words and things that you know. But that this is a secret society is a whole different level than that.
Speaker 3: What I can say is, so, for like I don't know how many years, let's say fifty years, I think probably fifty, there's a certain number of people in it, and each person picks one in the class below. So there's now a line of us that are in the secret society in this one.
Speaker 4: So who picked you?
Speaker 3: She can't say answer.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Amy. I think I know what you're talking about. Do you guys do get togethers at the grove?
Speaker 3: At the grove? Well, because it's in Berkeley, it's in Berkeley. Is there a secret thing at.
Speaker 1: The grove the grove? That's not it? Okay, you've answered the question, thank you.
Speaker 3: And I do remember who picked me, and I remember who picked her, and I remember who picked that person, So I can go back that far.
Speaker 5: Do you call them like you're big and little, like you're doing sorrity or no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: And then I remember who I picked, but really I want for me this was weird, and people listening are like, so born.
Speaker 4: I was intriguing.
Speaker 3: It's that's why I'm saying. This whole thing is real that they're doing. No, we didn't like do weird. We didn't have to jump off you'll learn. But anyway, it was very important to me the person too below me. So when I picked the person, I said, I don't mean to like overstep, but this is the person that I really is. And that person did pick that person, and then I don't know what happened from there.
Speaker 6: Do you still talk to these people who who the one who picked you and the person who.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I definitely talked to the person the most who's one, two, three, four above me, but we don't talk about it very much, like forget like I can't really remember.
Speaker 4: What we did, and do you do things like do you do like?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 3: Get an email every year that there's a luncheon for the secret Society of all the people, but.
Speaker 5: It's only a year like a luncheon only I've never gone to the luncheon. But what's the point of being in part of the society if it's just a lunch once a year, I think to because you need a party.
Speaker 1: I need like yeah, you get together and they help each other out, and it's a thing.
Speaker 3: When you're in school. So you did, we did like maybe five things when you're in school. But I think it's also to be like cool, like you're in this thing. Yeah yeah, yeah, I might need to like bring up like are we supposed to be doing something? And it's secret? Like I don't have a pin or any proof, like.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to prove too, very simple. Yeah, there's a lot of their circles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wonder if they're at like every school because like I don't remember that at my school.
Speaker 3: Well, what was that Paul Walker? Was it Paul Walker movie? Was there a movie Skull and Bones or whatever? Wasn't the key? What was that movie?
Speaker 1: And it was Matt da Was it mat and Skull and Bones or was it not Paul Walker?
Speaker 3: It was some cutie with guys? What was that movie? It's all about one of these secret societies, because even they mentioned skull and Bones that was sort of I think a famous one, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what the Bush family. That's Yale, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, skulling Bone, the Skulls has Paul Walker and I knew. See, I'm sorry, it's about a secret society.
Speaker 6: Yeah, watch this.
Speaker 1: I got to do a secret society once in the mountains where we're in a hot tub and I said, you can get in if you get out and roll around in the snow and freeze. And I did it, and I realized it wasn't that big deal. They were just joking with me. Couldn't skate it. Next he.
Speaker 3: We still need to talk about Logan more, but let's dig into Christopher because this is where Christopher calls Laura Lai and you know he needs help. I sort of was like, oh my god, like, where the heck have you been.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect him to come back.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah, I didn't think he was coming, Like I thought we were done with Christopher.
Speaker 1: Really well, they just had to bring him back so Rory could knock him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I do think.
Speaker 3: I do think he was working on another TV show that obviously got canceled, so he's available for Gilmo Girls, but he's still calling her lare Yeah.
Speaker 6: I have a question for everyone. Do you think that it was wrong for him to call Laura l I or do you think it was wrong for her to go over there.
Speaker 1: But but thinking of the welfare of his child, so he doesn't. It's it's always appropriate when the welfare of your child is at stake, you call anybody in everyone.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, I can't pick.
Speaker 1: Exactly it was inappropriate, but it was absolutely appropriate if you look at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like he he shouldn't have, but he didn't have a choice, so like I agree there, Like, yeah, from a moral perspective, he shouldn't have called someone that he left that, But.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the health of the child. The child, I mean, that's kind of a dangerous situation.
Speaker 3: So empathy for Lurlai going because that is Rory's sister. Yeah, and this is the father of her child who literally needs help. It's like, what is she supposed to say?
Speaker 5: No, I do think that like Christopher and Laura I have gone through so much together that they're always there for each other no matter what, like, no matter how ugly they they left.
Speaker 1: Let me let me stop you right there. What have they gone through together? Besides having a child at sixteen and then I mean that's a massive thing to go through and like that was when they were sixteen. What have they gone through since well they've.
Speaker 3: Really they've gotten back together, so god, so together.
Speaker 1: They've been there. He's been there all these all these years. Who's been there for them? What have they gone through? Very much?
Speaker 3: I mean they've gone through there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. He's a deadbeat dad. Let's let's call him what he is. Let's call him out for what. He's a deadbeat dad who abandoned his kid, and that's what he is. So sorry.
Speaker 5: I have to if he was there, if he was there for Rory, he would know how to help his child exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Guys nailed it, and I'm done. That's a poster you just got, Polister.
Speaker 3: He didn't actually abandon them. He was wanting to marry Larelai.
Speaker 6: She left, she left. I was about to say, she's the one.
Speaker 3: She left so and she he didn't her after her and go live in stars Hollow. But he wanted to marry her.
Speaker 4: He was he didn't want to.
Speaker 1: He was the child.
Speaker 5: He didn't He didn't want to marry her. He was being forced by his parents to marry her. There's two very different.
Speaker 1: He wanted to marry her though there's a way to legally compel the other party. Uh to agree to include the father in that child. He didn't do that.
Speaker 3: That was correct, And the reason he didn't do that is because that would have meant Lorelai had to stay in with the Gilmours, and he knew she wanted to leave. She did not want to be with Richard and Emily anymore. She wanted to take the baby and go out on her own. So, yes, your argument is correct. It's another size.
Speaker 1: Was he an alcoholic? Was he a drug addict? Was he a criminal? No he was. He was not any of those things. He could have fought for his child. Sixteen years at least. I don't care how old he was a child into the world.
Speaker 3: But you're missing the one point that was trying to do.
Speaker 1: He didn't try hard enough. He disappeared out of their lives. Wait and then he comes floating back in and out, and I'm glad he got.
Speaker 3: I agree that you can have angst and animosity towards Christopher, but at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's no. It's anybody abandons their child and doesn't fight for their kid.
Speaker 3: But then how come you're not mad at Lauren for taking the kid, Loraly for taking Rory away. She took Rory and left. He's sixteen, right, he's not even eighteen.
Speaker 1: There's because she did okay, because she did that for her child. She Christoph thought what she did was best for her.
Speaker 3: Christopher did it for Lauralai. He was sixteen years old, and Christopher's gotten His.
Speaker 1: Obligation isn't to Laurel, it's to his child. No, but it's to be around and be in her life, whether it's at a distance or infrequent, but be in the area so he's available. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can fault anybody for what Larelai did. I don't think you can fault Christopher for what he did at sixteen years old.
Speaker 4: But he had many years to figure it out and he never did.
Speaker 1: He never did that.
Speaker 3: I agree he reas him. To be mad at Christopher is not the first five years of her life. It's the next you know, after that, And how now he's got his himself together and he doesn't call and he doesn't he isn't involved, So the being mad at Christopher to me really comes later.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And I think I also think that Laurela is not the person to say no if someone's asking for like straight up asking for help, and I think her going over there, like I don't think she wanted to, but I think she knew that he's He's basically it's him and the baby, and she's been through that by herself with Rory, and she's like, well, I.
Speaker 3: Also think there's something in Loralai who likes to be the savior, right correct. So Christopher calls he needs her, she goes running because she can fix everything and save everything. I also think she said to Christopher, He's like, I can't do this, and she basically said, in my opinion, you have to because you didn't do it the first time.
Speaker 6: And I got I had the same takeaway Amy. I thought the same thing. It's like she's like, I did it on my own, so now you have to do it on your own.
Speaker 3: Right, you blew it the first time, and now you you you can't blow it this time.
Speaker 1: He's always worming out of God.
Speaker 5: It's just man, But now it's making me feel like he should. Like to answer your question, Tara, I think he isn't the wrong for calling her, Like, if I had to pick one of the other scenario, it's that because he left her to do.
Speaker 4: To raise Rory, by her herself.
Speaker 3: It was very selfish.
Speaker 4: So you know what, now it's time for him to figure it out.
Speaker 5: Like, that's very like if I had to pick after this conversation we had, it makes me feel like Teeter on that side.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Because he's feeling so whiny about it and yeah, feeling so sorry for himself that he's in this. It's like you just want to smack him and say, stop complaining, stop whining, take a shower, shut up and raise your daughter. Yeah, for God's sake, you know, really, stop stop acting this way. Your life, the life you knew is gone. Now. It's not about you, any part of you anymore. You take care of that baby and you get act. I mean, it's just like Laurel. I should have braced him a little harder, but she couldn't have done it in front of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she did it the best way she could.
Speaker 5: Like I think saying I did this by myself, you can too.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think the part that bothered me was that he's like, well, I was traveling and then I came back from being gone for so many months. Then she's gone as if like he also didn't seem like he was there for Gigi, right or yeah, or Sherry. So it kind of is like, now he's like, oh, I feel bad for me, you know, even though he also wasn't there.
Speaker 1: He can't avoid but.
Speaker 6: But he made it seem like he's never there, like traveling for work. I understand if you're gone for like a couple of days at a time, but it made maybe I need to rewatch it the way he made it seems like he was gone for like a chunk of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think now he's he's realizing he's stuck because Sherry's gone, so now he has to like figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and what do we think of Sherry leaving?
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean that.
Speaker 3: Conversation Christopher, like she left with a note.
Speaker 6: With the nanny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just unbelievable, And nobody really brings that up in the episode, like wtf Sherry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's just so shocking. How to even address it in the moment. Yeah, that's right right there. She's poor, poor kid, So the kid's the one that suffers.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll come back to talk about the scene with Rory. In the meantime, we've got Doyle and Paris having their moment about you know, you think he's going to be so mad at her because she's being a lunatic, but instead he's super happy about it. You know how she's like offending essentially all the religious leaders. So then Rory wants to change her story. And now she's digging into the Secret Society and she learns about the life and death Brigrade and the Umbrella Jump. We sort of start to see the pictures. We learned that that Mitcham was in it, or we assume Mitcham's in it because the other the.
Speaker 6: Grandfather, yeah, Logan's grandfather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We do get that funny scene where they go to Friday night dinner and neither of the grandparents are there.
Speaker 6: I know, I was kind of excited to see Emily and Richard and then I was like, oh yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: They want to like tear up the house and eat pizza on the floor, and that's when she's like ready for the gossip. Sherry left your dad Like that was.
Speaker 1: Sort of like that's when I felt horrible for Rory. Did you sear your Yeah? She just yeah, I felt all of her I felt all of her abandonment issues with Christopher and all of her protective instincts for her mother and this relationship come out in a couple of different expressions.
Speaker 3: It was amazing acting by Alexis, right.
Speaker 1: Because brilliant. Brilliant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was very worried, and I knew immediately that Rory was worried not about Christopher. Somehow she can made in her emotions and faith. She was worried about the.
Speaker 1: Pain that she of, that that void in her life. Right, the pain of it would have been you know, what would have been better off if he had just disappeared and she'd never known him, Right, But the teasing of it over the years and him letting them down constantly, you know that that's a big hole inside her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you knew that this was much good she she Alexis really did an amazing job. Because we all got that.
Speaker 1: We all were like, oh, yeah, she's very good. She's very subtle, she's very lunch. She's very very good at this. It's amazing somebody that didn't even study. She just has all that intelligence and all those instincts. She's very easy to watch if you just watch her face. You know, every there's not a lot, you know, it's not histrionic. It's not big facial movements or is. She's very controlled and.
Speaker 3: Such a good That's such a great point because I'll skip ahead when Logan and Rory are instant messaging, you know, on the computer. There's no talking, and it's like one of the best scenes ever because they're both like doing amazing you know whatever, we like to call it face acting. And then when they're doing that and then she says I agree and he is, He's gone.
Speaker 6: I was just like, Oh, she loved that banswer too totally.
Speaker 3: She I think she's starting to love him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think she's feeling challenged by him.
Speaker 3: The only part I will call out from the episode that I thought was weird is I think she would have called him Logan, not Huntsburger. You know, when she's stalking him and she's all, hey, Huntsburger.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing I loved is it's the first time Ace Ace. So remember Scott, in the beginning you did not like it. But in the beginning of I was doing this podcast, But now do you like it little bit more?
Speaker 1: When you love I love everything about it. I get it now. I never saw the show, and then now I get it.
Speaker 3: He's like, Hay, and I'm like, I just died.
Speaker 1: It was so good. That's a total one ad on my part.
Speaker 3: There wasn't a lot of Luke in this episode. There was because he obviously.
Speaker 1: Was in the opening scene and how much can you really taske he's fixed.
Speaker 3: In the oven and then now he has the meltdown over Kirk in the costume, which also made no sense because it's like Sukie would never serve.
Speaker 1: But that but that was Kirk's disconnect and what a crappy thing to do to Luke. Here is this this this guy trying to destroy his base.
Speaker 3: He's dating the owner, right, that was weird.
Speaker 1: It was a weird move right, and we got the comedy. It was funny as heck, But you know, also it was like, as a community, why would you do why would you try to missile somebody's business like that, you know, to help somebody else?
Speaker 3: It was weird, totally agree, totally great and that was.
Speaker 1: A strange, a strange.
Speaker 3: So then.
Speaker 1: I did see I did enjoy the visual kirkinghut, you can't you can't live there.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Sean Gunn because not only the Guardians, he also just died on The Good Doctor. Just he died so fast on the boiler alert, brutal.
Speaker 1: What is what is The Good Doctor?
Speaker 3: The Good Doctor is an amazing show on ABC that stars Freddie Hymore and it is really a good show.
Speaker 1: And he was on there as he was a guest star.
Speaker 3: Just super fast, like he basically was in a car wreck with the kids. It was gnarly, there was fog, and then you think he's fine and then he literally just like died.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got a big movie coming out to the Guardians. I know, he's got a big part. This is like kind of his coming out party.
Speaker 3: In this strench well, and his brother is like the director, right.
Speaker 1: His brother's the writer director. And also the Marvel Studios.
Speaker 3: I mean, wow, it's.
Speaker 1: Hard to blow that addition, right studios. My dad's so sorry. Yes, thank you, good catch, Hannah and jack thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the final scene.
Speaker 1: Easton, Thank you, Easton, Thank you, Jackie. Just taking.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Rory going to see Christopher?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never liked her more, I never liked him. It's exactly what she needed to do. It was very cathartic thing for her to do. She's probably been wanting to do it off and on for her whole life, and it.
Speaker 5: Needed to come from her, you know, like if Laura I said I need you to stop, it wouldn't stop. Like it needed to come from Rory.
Speaker 6: And I like when she said, you can call anyone, you can call me, but don't call LAURAAI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, leave mom alone.
Speaker 1: She's protecting She's protecting everybody's heart there. She's protecting her own because she doesn't have it. She doesn't really feel much for him anyway. I mean she I think she likes him because you know she likes him, right, she gave him a hug and you know, I'm still going to be in your life, but we don't rely on you and don't you know, don't do this. I thought it was a wonderful moment, her highlight. That was a highlight for me.
Speaker 3: And it just shows I know I always say this and I'm so redundant, but it just shows the like juxtaposition you can have in these episodes where it's like funny, funny, exciting, exciting, you know, laughy, laughy, and then it's just like whah, because it was like yeah, oh yeah, And not to make light but those are. That is an instance when it's okay to say leave mom alone. You don't have to say leave my mom alone because the mom is related. So I love this episode. I did too.
Speaker 1: It was Yeah, I mean, what's the what's the measuring stick? You were going to choose, Tara.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give it nine point five iced teas?
Speaker 4: Of course, he said, iced tea.
Speaker 6: You're going to say it, fade off going first for that one.
Speaker 5: Danielle oh Man, you know what I'm going to say? Eight and a quarter uh sincd yachts off the coast of Fiji.
Speaker 3: I love Daniels. Nine point seventy five Gorilla masks h good one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it. I think I'm gonna agree with you. I'm gonna give it. I'm going to adopt just a little bit for the opening scene of what I took away from the episode. I'm gonna pin at. I'm gonna put myself in the penalty box for a little bit. I'm not gonna in criticism. I'm going to agree with the nine point seventy five. You know what, let's do a nine nine point What did you give it? Terror? Nine five? Oh yeah, nine point five let's let's give it a nine point six two five. What the difference between YouTube five h a skull and crossbone key chains inside of ten escalades or.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna be like hot Dog slurpy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good one, and you know it really leads us to you jump I jump.
Speaker 1: Jack episode I'm sorry, Season five, episode seven, you jump you jump I jump Jack? I jump you jump Jack? Right, Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 3: I love next week.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're back in the high nines. Yeah, yeah, I think if we average it out and what you give it an eight seven five eight and a quarter in a quarter, well, I think we're still in the nine. Sorry, we're still like nineteen two ninety three. That yeah, I think I think we're good. Anyway, that's gonna wrap it up for a episode. Thanks for downloading, everybody, best fans on the planet, And if you are involved in any secret societies, please get in touch with us, interact with us. We want to know all about your secret society's secret society, and don't tell any We won't tell anybody else about your secret society participation no matter what it is. And I always remember I am all in. Stay safe, everyone.
Speaker 7: Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you Gilmore fans.
Speaker 7: If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company, Scottip dot com, s C O T. T y P dot com, scottyp dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee