Speaker 1: You found it the home of the Second Aid Update. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we've got a brand new.
Speaker 2: One for you today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna give you a little tease because there is one thing a guy can put in his dating profile pick that can instantly up his chances.
Speaker 2: Of getting a match by ninety percent, which is insane. Let us know if you agree or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, And one of our listeners says it definitely worked on her. So we're going to find out what it is coming up here in a second right. But and don't forget, we've got the second Date Update merch for a Cause going on right now. You can order. It's for a limited time, but one hundred percent of the proceeds go to Convoy of Hope, which is a fantastic organizing.
Speaker 3: It's great and super cute links in the show notes for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do we got some fun comments? Yeah? I saw JC.
Speaker 3: Commented and said, you guys go hand in hand with my morning coffee and trying not to spit my coffee out while cracking up.
Speaker 2: So I want to know, Yeah, I want to know you order JC. Let us know I need new coffee ideas. Okay. Interesting.
Speaker 3: Professional helper said it was a little surreal to hear you guys mention the videos where they use your posts and put the leg games as Backgroundshy.
Speaker 2: People still are old stuff all the time. I will set a cussword there, but I didn't, I made it. Yeah, that's fine. I mean, if it helps you find the og, then thanks for being here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whatever works, whatever works all right, and what works right now is getting the show started.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Second date update. Is it ever a good idea to talk about your other dates while you're on a date? No?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you like commiserating and sharing ten stories back and forth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say the short answer is no. The longer answer absolutely not. You plan to be on with us because we love to hear the dirt And I'm just thankful that Jennifer, our listener is on the phone with us today because apparently she talked about her other dates on her date. Jennifer, I disagree. I admire your class, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: But it's not like she's talking about like her ex boyfriend that she's still in love with, right Jennifer.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm asking, right, Jennifer.
Speaker 5: Right, we were just sharing like funny stories, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's okay, Okay, Well who are you sharing these stories with? What's this guy's name?
Speaker 5: His name was Joshua?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I met him on the coffee and bagel app.
Speaker 2: Oh is that still around a while? A while?
Speaker 4: I know about the Bengal and the candle app but the coffee Bengal? Yeah, I like that one. Okay.
Speaker 5: He just looked cute. He had like a dog with him in his photo.
Speaker 4: And okay, you know, actually I've heard that guys who have dogs in their photos get ninety percent more matches.
Speaker 2: Way, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Borrow your dog, bro.
Speaker 1: The whole point is that you can actually keep something alive and care for something outside of yourself.
Speaker 2: The attractive point of it.
Speaker 4: Men, women are not gonna be able to tell if it's your dog and how well it's taken care of as long as it's in the photo. Just photoshop one in.
Speaker 2: You're gonna know after date one.
Speaker 4: Or put a little neck brace on it. Like it is we're trying to do, is accomplish sick dog?
Speaker 2: Dog sick?
Speaker 4: Could you determine his dog's health from the.
Speaker 5: Photo Jennifer, it definitely looks like a healthy cute.
Speaker 4: This is what you're talking about right here. I see what you're saying. Okay, take us to the date with Joshua.
Speaker 5: So I wanted to make the reservation. I said I would make it.
Speaker 2: Is there a reason for that?
Speaker 5: I just in particular, like I love food. I love.
Speaker 4: That, and you're like, I have my favorites.
Speaker 2: Let me pick the like certain tables, you like all the things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I called and made a reservation. But when we got there, they had lost our reservation.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I guess I should have made it online.
Speaker 2: Did that like throw the night off? Did it make you upset?
Speaker 5: I wasn't upset. Like they apologized, but they were just like over books.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that it sounds.
Speaker 4: Like it's a popular restaurant.
Speaker 2: I know there's only two of you.
Speaker 1: It's like, can you squeeze us in somewhere? We'll sit at the end of somebody else's table.
Speaker 2: They'll big deal, literally make a table.
Speaker 4: Yes, we eat in the alley back behind the restaurant.
Speaker 2: If I get the good food. Jeff, absolutely, totally.
Speaker 5: It totally turned out to be a good thing because we ended up just wandering around the city, and like we ended up getting burgers at a takeout place and just talking about our bad date experiences.
Speaker 4: Wait, you lumped this experience as to one of the many bad date experiences that you've gone on.
Speaker 5: No, this was just like a little bump in the road compared to like one time this guy venmoed me like two dollars and forty seven cents for half of his appetizer.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Venmo requested you. Wow, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So you shared stories like that with him?
Speaker 2: Did he share stories back with you? Joshua did so.
Speaker 5: He said he had like a date who brought her mom and the mom was like critiquing his posture on the.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 4: Honey, I actually think that's some nice feedback. On the date told me you're slouching a little, so okay, Now this is a way to be like, you're actually way better than a lot of the dates that I go on. It's supposed to make him feel good.
Speaker 5: Yes, Like we were having a great time, just like laughing a lot, and it was just like fun.
Speaker 1: And anytime you have like a shared experience, whether it's like a bad date or anything, it can bring you closer to somebody, but this wasn't Yeah no, I know, but they're both commiserating over the same thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, gotcha? So how long did this go on?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 5: Like a couple hours and neither of us had like planned anything after, so he just like walked me back to my car. And I'm not used to like a short date like that.
Speaker 4: Or it was just like you expected the day to go on longer, like.
Speaker 1: Did you want him to invite you back to his place? Like what are your expectations there?
Speaker 5: I don't know about that. It's just like the vibe was so good he just didn't even attempt to do anything.
Speaker 3: Else, Okay, as a bar or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it's just plain it cool, you know, like sometimes if you go out on top, you end it on.
Speaker 2: A high note. Yeah, it obviously leaves you want anymore. So he did something right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's playing it so cool that he's not even calling her back anymore.
Speaker 2: So I guess that is planet cool is really we're crazy.
Speaker 4: We're beyond the cool apart. We just want to help you figure out what happened. Okay, Jennifer, maybe the burger was bad that he ate It wasn't all it was a street burger, so you listen to I know that. Yeah, but it is risky. So let's just call him and we'll get your second date update right after this second date update. Our listener, Jennifer is the perfect example of when life gives you lemons, turn them into lemon drops.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't think they. I mean or burgers.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever it is. Because her dinner reservation fell through the restaurant over books, so she took that and turned it into a fun night of wandering the city, searching for street burgers and talking about previous bad dates that went even worse than this one did. And her date, Joshua, shared his worst dates too, so it really actually bonded them together. But Jennifer, how long has it been since that night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been like a week okay, and you haven't heard anything.
Speaker 5: No, And I've sent like some text messages and nothing radio silence.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're definitely being ignored.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have you tried sending him a photo? Because if he doesn't respond to that, then you know you're in trouble. What jock of anything?
Speaker 2: You don't do that, don't know that, don't listen to their advice.
Speaker 4: You could send him a photo of me. No, if he's a fan of our show, he would definitely respond to that.
Speaker 2: I think he's mad that she.
Speaker 4: Was talking about other dates.
Speaker 2: Now you want her sending pictures of other guys to him, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, if she does and he doesn't respond, then you really know something, so that I.
Speaker 2: Think she knows before the picture Jeff. Okay, she's not an.
Speaker 4: Idiot, Brooks saying, we're not at rock bottom yet. Let's wait till this call happens and see where we end up.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 4: Jennifer, any last words before I dial these numbers or.
Speaker 1: Any last pictures of Jeff that you want to send either way, I just can't believe I have to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to do this. We call us the last resort for people. That being said, with Jeff being in a weird mood, you want to call back tomorrow. This may not be a good call.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll see, we'll find out.
Speaker 6: We're here.
Speaker 4: Let's just go through with it. How bad could it get? All right, let's do it. You tell us, I'll tell you about some of the worst second date updates we've ever done, and that'll make you feel better about it. Hold on, just okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey, is this Joshua?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey man, this is a whole radio show is calling you right now. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hot there, josh how are you doing.
Speaker 6: It's Joshua.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Sorry, I'm married to Michael who hates Mike.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: I apologize.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that my host is trying to make this segment all about her in her marriage.
Speaker 2: But I understand.
Speaker 4: Okay, we get it. The real thing that we're interested in, though, Joshua, is you and the date that you went on the other night with one of our listeners named Jennifer. Okay, yeah, do you remember her? You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I remember her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you guys had a really fun night together.
Speaker 6: Why do you know that?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because that's how this segment works. It's called second Date Update. And we spoke to her about your date and she's a little bit confused about why she's not getting a callback for a second meet up.
Speaker 6: Really, but yeah she said that, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said that she had a great time with you. It sounds like you guys laughed together a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that not accurate?
Speaker 6: No, it's accurate. She's like a really nice person, she's cute and everything, but you're Yeah.
Speaker 4: Your words are saying nice things, but your tone is saying something else. Yeah, it's like it wasn't very good.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't think I know how to say this, but I just don't think I'm the right person for her.
Speaker 1: You know, we don't know because she I mean, you don't get to decide that, right, That's what she gets to decide, gets to.
Speaker 4: Choose who You don't get a choice.
Speaker 1: That's her choice, right, And she obviously thinks that there's definitely something in between you two if she's calling.
Speaker 6: Us, Yeah, definitely her choice.
Speaker 4: Okay, song is going on, like, can we get your take on the date? Did you feel a connection with her?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, Like we're we're wanting different things. I don't know if you know what she's she's like into what's called stacking.
Speaker 1: Stacking, like the cups thing where you do it in competition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Anna Kendrick song. Yeah, no, okay, so we don't know what that is. Yeah, what is stacking?
Speaker 6: She said she used to stack, which means like have three to four days tonight.
Speaker 2: That sounds exhaust yea.
Speaker 4: Is it back to back to back to back or all at the same time.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was like at the same We didn't really get into it, but like I don't know to me, and I just think it's kind of rude to say, like I'm miss stacking.
Speaker 4: Oh she says she misses it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she literally said she misses it.
Speaker 1: So I mean I could see, like I would interpret that as, oh, you you wish that you.
Speaker 2: Were out with someone else right after me. That was good to hear. I could understand that, and that's.
Speaker 6: Why I took her to her car when we finished her burgers.
Speaker 2: Is there any way kind of like misunderstood her.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think I did. She was like looking back at it fondly, and it was very real to her, and she was she very you could tell.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can understand that she's doing anything wrong, but it doesn't seem like she likes you a lot.
Speaker 4: We kind of all see where you're coming from. I wonder if Jennifer sees it the same way, because she is on the other line listening to this right now.
Speaker 1: I'm to be mad, that's just right after us good at timing.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joshua, I don't think you would be so offended.
Speaker 6: By what I said. So you like you said this whole thing up, like you're on the phone here and you called him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was so confused. I was like, I thought we had such a good time. But I guess it's because I said I missed stacking, which I was just I mean, that was just a fun time in my life. Like, it's not something I do anymore. I want the same thing you want, which is a relationship. It was fun, it was a fun time.
Speaker 1: It just feels like maybe that's a conversation you have with your like best friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that sounds like someone who's never stacked before.
Speaker 4: Thing, Because how.
Speaker 1: Could you ever like be invested enough to find out if you were interested in someone, if you were just constantly thinking of the next person you were gonna see.
Speaker 5: I hear you guys talk about this all the time and book you said it's okay to date multiple people to find out who you like.
Speaker 2: It that's true.
Speaker 4: That's contradictory to what your advice always is. You said, get it in as many times as possible before it's gone forever what I said.
Speaker 2: But I think dating lots of people is great.
Speaker 1: It's just like if you're gonna ask someone to give you their evening, you also have to invest not just being there, but like your presence, Like how can you be present?
Speaker 4: Well said, you should have brought her presence, Dude.
Speaker 5: I gave every guy I was with an hour and a half. I was fully present in the moment, and I was not thinking about the next guy. I gave him that time fully.
Speaker 2: I almost missed my next I mean it worked for her. She had a boyfriend after that for years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I mean that's how you see a Jennifer. But clearly Joshua sees it a different way, right, Joshua, I don't want to mess that up.
Speaker 6: I see it like that's your default setting. I think the anomaly is you having a long term relationship, and that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 5: We're looking for the same things. That's what I want. That's just something that's in the past. And by no means did I stack that night when you took me to my car. I was not seeing another person after the book.
Speaker 2: God, because she did not makes me think she did.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, not that night, but the next five nights.
Speaker 2: That's different.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to be on my side.
Speaker 2: You said dumb things on the date. I don't know. I mean, the thing is.
Speaker 1: The thing is, Joshua, she's on the phone with us. She's put in a lot of effort.
Speaker 2: To see you again. So I mean, maybe that's proof enough that she's over her old ways.
Speaker 4: And that's why I would like to ask you, Joshua, if you'd be willing to meet up with Jen for one more time, and we would pay for it, and the next date, and the next date and all the stack dates after that we forgot just you though, No, I got the ick.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Ma sad?
Speaker 5: Oh no, okay, josh do you realize no one says no to.
Speaker 1: Me's Oh god, that's not true anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fine, it's his choice whatever. I'll just keep stacking. Wait back this weekend.
Speaker 4: He said you didn't want to do that anymore?
Speaker 5: All right, Well it makes me happy. It's fun. I'm feeling sad. Now he's gonna get me out of up funk.
Speaker 4: Back to back to back to feed.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's where true happiness comes from. Rook Jeffrey in the morning. All right, So no second date there. Jennifer has hung up. She's not on the line with us anymore. But Jennifer, if you're listening out there, I just want to say, I know you're probably disappointed with one person on this show who didn't support you, but the rest of us here have your back.
Speaker 2: You're looking at me, jeff.
Speaker 6: Fault.
Speaker 1: She's like, I just really miss dating lots of men at the same night.
Speaker 2: I mean, no one would feel special that to that.
Speaker 4: But you understand where she's coming from, right, Brooks.
Speaker 2: I have never had multiple dates in one night. Wow, I could not pull that off.
Speaker 4: Remember a liar, she was, brook Unstackable is the definition at a time fo goodness is We've got dozens of guys on the textboard who are DT yes and down to stack whenever. So Jennifer, you stay positive. Yeah, yeah, we don't know. That means that's weird. It don't happen for you, Jen And if you're into stacking videos, you can always watch a bunch of ours on YouTube. Got all of our second date updates on there. You can like, share and subscribe all that. And Atbrook and Jeffrey