Speaker 1: Wait, there's just like pants in the background.
Speaker 2: Hold, and I need to get the pants off the ground.
Speaker 3: Where Eagle viewers just casual like this, it's like scram There's like one block in my house that's kind of clean, and then I just ship everywhere outside just empty piz I.
Speaker 4: A whole pile of clothes up, just one grab.
Speaker 1: I literally I've been doing I need to get better about it. I literally have been doing things where I like come home from shows at night and I just step out of my pants and like walk into bed.
Speaker 4: That's what this. Yeah, that's what the side. That's what my bedroom looks like. Yeah, it's like with the socks. The socks come off with the pants, like like one whole thing where I'm like, the pants are coming off, and I get this, I have soft in my pant legs.
Speaker 3: In the morning.
Speaker 2: My story the next day, You're like, how do you do that?
Speaker 4: Are you what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Are your pants tucked into your socks? How do you know?
Speaker 4: As I'm as I'm pulling my waistband down, the thumb that's in the waistband catches, got it? Yeah, and then it all comes right off.
Speaker 3: Who damn should be give them lessons. Yeah, I should how to be a fucking fucking cool dog.
Speaker 4: This is how you act like a fucking baby in a forty year old man body.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, sixty five, Episode three of Dirt Eilly's Guys, a production of My Heart Radio. We made it a full year of seasons. Yeah, everybody said we couldn't, Miles, I know they all fucking said. And now look who's laughing. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. We now have a YouTube channel. This very episode can be viewed on YouTube at Daily Zeitgeist Pod. On YouTube, you can see what I look like saying this right now, pretty good? Right now, You're gonna want to it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna want gonna want to.
Speaker 1: See You're gonna want to see what the rooms look like. You're gonna want to zoom in and make some observations.
Speaker 3: You're like, why is he reading It's Wednesday, November twentieth, twenty twenty four. That seems too far along. I feel like I have lost some days. You mean, no already, Well, yeah, you know, I've been in a fugue state. It turns out it's only been two weeks since the Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't worry about it anyway. Yes, jameis like spoilers.
Speaker 4: Appropriately it's National Absurdity Day whatever that means, National Peanut butter Fudge Day, National Child's Day, National Education Support Professionals Day, and yeah there it is November twentieth.
Speaker 3: You've got National Support Education Professionals or Support Education Professional Professionals professionals. You are support educators up to you? Oh you totally up to you.
Speaker 1: I mean either way, educators all they get like on teacher Appreciation Day, my mom's entire staff, which is ninety people, got two dozen donuts to share.
Speaker 3: So yeah, fight for it, okay, the of the teacher lounge and then slam the door.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, taking a plastic knife to dunkin Donuts it's just like it was abysmal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you have to cut them into fourths.
Speaker 2: Brutal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here in Elon Musk's austerity measures, they're actually going to take the teacher appreciation days back from the teachers. They think they have too many appreciation.
Speaker 2: Days Elon's government. The teacher thanks.
Speaker 3: You, that's right, thank you so much, sir for this job, they say to the second grader as they walk into class.
Speaker 4: You know what else is? You know what else today is? It's Joe Biden's birthday.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you King for making for being a transitional president so much for forming a bridge with your body that we could walk over into the glorious future that bridge. Not rickety at all.
Speaker 2: Nailed it, sir, sir, you nailed it up the landing King.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Kevin Bacon. Got a bottle, says he's talking about a ship the mean and has a second one. Oh no, it's about sex. You put the bottle in the highball glass. You simulating fucking put the bottle in the highball glass. You simulate in sex, put the bottle in the hobball glas as you simulate and fucking put the bottle in the highball glass and take the kids away. They say, Dot, what's Kevin Bacon talking about? That's it? Still that Apollo thirteen aka courtesy of Panoramic.
Speaker 4: View on the disc ord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Apollo thirteen opens with Kevin Bacon bottle fucking a highball glass. Awesome, Yeah, with a very horny narration to accompany it. Have you guys done? Apollow thirteen on bechdo No we haven't.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: He does? Yeah, and his character type poonhound and yeah, this guy likes the ladies.
Speaker 2: I'm the guy that fucks on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like Kevin Bacon is a little bit obsessed with his dick. It wasn't that a thing in Hollow Man. They spent a lot of CGI money, Like when CGI costs so much money to make him a dick that a better dick? Yeah, make my the man. I wish I was.
Speaker 4: Anyways, that there's an article says that time filmmaker scanned every inch of Kevin Bacon's penis. Yeah is a headline I saw. Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyways, his his dick obsession translates over to Apollo thirteen. The very first scene, like one of the first things we see anybody seat say is simulated sex. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by the way co host me mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 4: It's Miles Gray, aka. I would eat a whole pie. I would drink up your wine. But you can go to hell. Lift your Turkey's not Brian, I will spin it right out, kick your mom in the mouth. It comes out, try disgusting. One and nice intend not like a dessert coming fuck around. You will soon be finding out. Don't mess up mysabang food. Yeah, shout out too on salad. That was obviously a reference. When Marcelo was on, we were talking about the Salvadorian turkey dish that is apparently the most goaded way of making turkey. Shout out to the people who shared the recipe with me, because that does look very tender juicy the whole way through, because you're just constantly putting liquids on top the whole time.
Speaker 3: Anyway, do it once halfway through? Am My turkey tastes like shit? So yeah, youabe a constant recycling of the juices would be a better idea. Perhaps Miles were thrilled, blessed to be joined once again in Air thirty seat by one of the very faces on Mount Zeittmore an Emmy nominated writer, artist, comedian behind many of the best podcasts ever made, like The Act Cast, Ghost Church, The Bechdel Cast, the Wonderful New podcast Sixteenth Minute of Fame, which has covered subjects like William Hunk and Moo Dang. She's the New York Times best selling author of Raw Dog. It's Jamie loved.
Speaker 2: Okay the battie from Broxton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ye, little.
Speaker 1: Poopy, Little Poopy, Little Poopy, id throned little Poopy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot about.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's gotta be like big poopy at this point right like he was. I think he's adult poopy. He needs to make some sort of like bow wow transition.
Speaker 2: Let's see where a little poopy is at.
Speaker 1: You know, we just we're not talking about little Poopy in Brockton like we used to be.
Speaker 4: He's twenty one now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh he's smoking blunts.
Speaker 4: See smoking blunts on his ag.
Speaker 3: No, little Poopy, you're too Oh look a little poopy.
Speaker 4: Right now, little poopy.
Speaker 2: Wow, he still looks so young.
Speaker 4: He look that he must have been sitting on that thing. It looks like a tech for that little poopy.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it looks like one like an anti smoking commercial. Like were they like that part of the thing and they're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his last post was from twenty two.
Speaker 4: Wait from twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Wait, so how old?
Speaker 4: Oh what happened to a little Let's not.
Speaker 3: Let's not look too dark deeply into this.
Speaker 4: This is why we can have journalists on like Jamie, who'spect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I need to figure out where he went.
Speaker 3: I hope that we don't want to spoil a future episode of sixteenth Minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would travel to I would visit my mom to interview a little poopy.
Speaker 3: Jamie. How have you been, I've been good.
Speaker 2: I've been good. Yeah, I know it has it's been.
Speaker 3: More than usual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been too long.
Speaker 1: It's been it's been a year.
Speaker 4: It's been Do you want to answer to this question?
Speaker 3: Or was you?
Speaker 1: It was a formality and I recognize that. Let's just say I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Let's go with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: Great to have you.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear anything else.
Speaker 2: Great to be back.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get to know you a little bit better at the moment. First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of things. We're talking about. We are getting a view of what the mainstream media is gonna look like in the second Trump administration via MSNBC Cowardice Scarborough and the BRAZILSK. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about Coca Cola doing a new AI version of their famous Holidays are Coming ads, which I didn't know we're famous. I was actually not that familiar with this as you don't remember that, Yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I remember that there used to be a Santa pexicicum.
Speaker 4: And then I just remember they I just they always did, always Coca cola. But with the more Christmas, you know that the bells in the back.
Speaker 3: But yeah, maybe i'd like seen it, but I hadn't. Really like, there's some heard stuff in the original ad, and then the AI version just kind of underlines it's it's a mess. Yeah, all of that plenty more. But first, Jamie, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is uh this I said neopets earlier, and it's because it's top of mind. I'm back on That's where I'm actually at. I'm back on neopets. So I googled neopets turmaculous hours.
Speaker 2: I can tell you what that means, and.
Speaker 3: You like, but yeah, I mean there might be some listeners who don't expansion or something.
Speaker 1: It's it's the twenty fifth anniversary of neopets. It hit my, It hit my, you know, my feeds like a plane because they know they know what I like, so thank you. And so I started an account like two weeks ago to celebrate the twenty fifth anniversary. And it is weird, like how Muscle Marie e because I was so I mean, I learned capitalism from neopets, and I don't know if I felt good about that, but like I have in neopes as a twelve year old, I had like a bank account, I had a mortgage. I had kids to feed, like there was a lot to do. I had to groom them or they got dirty, like it was a whole thing. And what you can do is you can get your neopets pet pets. So now they have their own pet. And if you go to the Tremaculous, which is this gigantic dinosaur like creature, sometimes if you go to the Turmaculus at certain hours of the day, he will give you a fancy vegetable. Oh and I was trying to figure out. You just feed it to your neopet and it says thank you.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all that happens.
Speaker 3: I wait for one random hour every day. Yes, yeah, you'll just go. So do you like get notifications? Somebody're like, oh, he's awake. He's awake.
Speaker 1: The community is hurting. I really don't think anyone. Yeah. See, I just tried to wake him up and snort. The tremaculus did not wake. Wow.
Speaker 2: You hate to see it. You hate to see it.
Speaker 1: So I was just trying to figure out, you know, I would like one of the fancy vegetables to feed to my sons.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, and do you know how long it takes to get to Merydale, Marydale or wherever the Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for using the right terminologist to my world.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's a as a giant turmac pet pet. Okay, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I brought my robot pet pet to the tremaculus to see if you'd give me a vegetable and he said no.
Speaker 2: So that's but some day.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you answer your question, Jack, how have things been not great?
Speaker 2: Well, they've certainly been better awesome.
Speaker 3: So it's like an open world. Are you interacting with other people wandering around in there? I actually don't know about neopets.
Speaker 1: I liked neopets because it didn't I feel like the alternative to neopets was Club Penguin, and Club Penguin you would interact with other people, and it was mostly like little boys saying slurs and stuff. So there's like a PlayStation Live or whatever, neopets. You can really just kind of do your own thing, got it? And I celebrate that. The games are awesome. They still have all the old games. And yeah, and I've been gambling. I've been auctioning things off. I've got another house in Fairyland. It's a nice house. Yeah no, that's the most expensive house jack. So it's actually kind of a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, that's great real estate if you can get it.
Speaker 1: That's really hard, really really competitive field, which is why I only have one chair to put in it.
Speaker 3: So far. I've been gambling. I've been auctioning stuff off. Just just cut that. Let's use that as how. I've been auctioning stuff off. Try what is what something you thinks underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? This the only AI thing I have ever enjoyed. I encountered recently. So this is also I feel like everything would say is like, well, she, she could be doing better. I was googling why why are my cat's friends? I was like, why do my cats love each other so much? So I looked up Russian Blue. I think what it's like a Bombay cat friends. And there is an AI generated video that is it makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: I watch it all the time. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: It's just a robot voice explaining the temperament of my gray cat, and it sounds like a gray cat rode it. It's like the beautiful gray cat runs around the house with the grace of a Russian ballerina. There's the gray and first, when they're talking about the black cat, they're like, the black cat is friendly, the gray cat the grace of a Russian ballerina.
Speaker 2: Not the Russian blue is a well humored cat.
Speaker 1: I have the whole thing. Ever, the Russian blue is a is a is a good humored cat. But be sure to leave with him, not at him.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that is like it was written by an insecure gray cat. Yeah, like this is not gray, this is blue. First.
Speaker 4: There's even a video that says, how to become friends with a Russian blue cat?
Speaker 3: You can't people take it very chooses you.
Speaker 4: That's just such a tortured Google search, like how to become friends with this cat?
Speaker 1: Is he's also he's fully a gray cat. There's no denying he is a great cat. But the video says to the uninformed.
Speaker 2: He may look gray. However, however he's.
Speaker 1: Actually was gray stupid is actually blue with silver tips, which again just absolutely not true.
Speaker 4: He's great going to say, like, isn't there something scientific like about blue, not like occurring as like a fur or something or.
Speaker 2: To the uninformed, be true, Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: There's just like some weird pockets of like propaganda like you see this in sports obviously all the time, where like you just happen on like a Yankees forum and it's just like they have a different version of reality. They're like, actually, this guy is cool. He doesn't look like a cop. That must have works for him. And our team should have won the World Series. We're actually happy we lost. But yeah, like just some time.
Speaker 2: We learned and we'll only get stronger.
Speaker 3: That's actually the best thing that's ever happened to us. But just one breed of cat. They're like, yeah, black cats are nice anyways, this one though, do not laugh at this guy.
Speaker 1: The o ye laughing with him not at him really gets me every time. If AI could be regulated to that kind of video and then like AI plankton karaoke covers, it would be totally the The AI plankton I just can cover really got me through you like ten drunk cigarettes?
Speaker 3: Did you hear that one? No, it's a song that's supposedly AI. I think it's too funny to be AI. But it just talks about like it's kind of like girl bossy. But then it's like, you know, here's what girls like instead of men, and here I'll find there the course.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you just had it so ready. Girls don't eat men, Lenny, don't meet ken.
Speaker 3: Okay, us girls are doing fine on our own, so leave us alone getting girls rich.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a part of my plan.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I.
Speaker 2: Can mainten things those girls need before we ever need a man.
Speaker 3: One new bases from the bar for more lines to come.
Speaker 1: I don't believe this is AI. So funny and ten drunk cigarette.
Speaker 3: It's too good, right curly girls references?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, ten drunk cigarette.
Speaker 3: So much cocaine more? Oh my god, I don't believe it's a I think it's probably one of those things. I don't. I don't. I also don't understand like that happened with that. I think it was a George Carlin routine where someone's like we Ai did George Carlin, and then it's like, actually, we're comedy writers. You do that. You're just convincing media executives that you don't ever need to exist in the media ecosystem ever again. But what a bit?
Speaker 2: What a bit?
Speaker 3: What a bit? What Jamie? What is something that you think is overrated? Okay?
Speaker 1: So my mom is retiring in a couple of weeks and I was just looking for ideas. It's really hard to know what to get someone when they're retired. I tried to like get her like a SPA package, which she's like, I don't want it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, what is the chotchkey situation? And it is bleak.
Speaker 1: It is really brutal.
Speaker 2: It's either like if every I.
Speaker 1: Looked at it, because I was like, Amazon is where you get the most cursed results, right, So I'm like, I'm just like, what does the spread even look like? If I go to the Hallmark store, what's even going to be there? Only two messages, Only two messages. One is very simple, wholesome. Never underestimate the difference you made and the lives you touched. Twenty twenty four, Happy retirement. Okay, fine, not inspired but the rest are real, like, uh, here's a jar candle that says, smells like it's not your problem anymore hashtag happy retirement.
Speaker 2: You're like, what the fuck is that? What do you call?
Speaker 1: And it's always it's in like wine, mom, fond? What do you call a person who is happy on Monday?
Speaker 2: Retired?
Speaker 3: More like it is fucking bleak.
Speaker 1: It really is very late capitalism where it's like it's talking to you like you've died because you're no longer making money. Quitter, I mean happy retirement. Congratulations on escaping on Etsy that says fucking quitter in but then it says, I mean happy retirement.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: It just is like gifts you can give someone to indicate your rage at they like it's so I can't imagine like taking that home and being like, okay, time to light up my smells like it's not my problem anymore, soy candle.
Speaker 6: Like it's just yeah, yeah, it feels like the next escalation is like there's fucking blood on your hands.
Speaker 3: Anyway, happy retirement. There's one here that it says, we can't believe you are leaving the place will be dead without you. To us, you are irreplaceable. But you are dead to us is in like big letters, so that's all you can read.
Speaker 1: It's so this is so messy.
Speaker 2: It's so aggressive.
Speaker 1: And then the other things, like I like even the more encouraging retirement gives are like indicating that like life after having a job will be very bleak. Like there's this like AI generated blanket I'm looking at it says like retirement rules, no clocks, wake up, smiling, naps, family and friends, travel, grateful for the day, read a book, make memory.
Speaker 3: You're like, alo, god that your helper is giving you.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm sixty four.
Speaker 6: Like she's gotten right, She's gonna be fine because like so much of the American working ethos is just to be like you die now so you can maybe relax later, whereas like other countries, you know, like like in Europe and stuff, they take vacation more seriously, like you got to kind of be able to live now too, like don't save that for the end.
Speaker 4: So all these things just sort of like reinforce. It's like, well, now that you're done, you can have some coffee and lay down and enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, I want no clocks, wake up, smiling, taken for a walk, read memory.
Speaker 3: Clocks, wake up smiling, grateful for the day, make memories.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're right. I should get around to doing that, because I didn't do that for many years.
Speaker 1: Just a really aggressive area of the gift space.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: There's multiple versions on Amazon of like things written on the bottom of feet, like socks with like the bottom of feet the queen has retired. Don't ask me, I'm retired. It's just like goodbye tension, hello pension. But the only time you ever see the bottom of feet is in these pictures of retirement socks and like dead bodies on movie posters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like or Tarantino movie.
Speaker 1: I also like, I don't think I would ever want to like wear a shirt or have like home decord that like indo hated my working status.
Speaker 2: Like that's actually weird.
Speaker 1: That's really weird. I looked at retirement minions. That might be more, that might be more rough.
Speaker 3: Rally, that's good, Yeah, technic millions.
Speaker 2: Huge on millions.
Speaker 3: You were ahead of me on the millions, and but it has fully.
Speaker 2: I was like, did you finally get there?
Speaker 3: Welcome?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that they came in. I'm sorry they came in At Despicable me for it's just like one of the weaker installments. But I was there at midnight when it came out.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that good, but it had its moments, like the Minions with Superpowers.
Speaker 4: Really but.
Speaker 3: A little bit it could have been better.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, why would you give grew a baby? He has two hundred babies there. Yeah, yeah, no more babies for great.
Speaker 3: They just took Jack Jack from the Incredibles. They did him.
Speaker 2: In that totally did and I you know, fucked that kid. More millions more.
Speaker 4: Minions characters called Jack Jack Instagram and yeah, I remember an incredible Jesus Christ. I just remember. Yeah, when I went to Disneyland last year, there was like Jack Jack's cookie numb Numbs and I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I have like a brain injury, Like what is this?
Speaker 1: They just want you to have to say that out loud to another adult, right, you go to Jack Jack's Cookie numb Numbs and you're like, now you know the secret why?
Speaker 3: Now you know the secret of why. During ad breaks, I say, Miles, give me a second for Jack Jack's cookie numb numbs and take a little have a little snack. Jack Jack's cookie um numbers. All right, that's depressing.
Speaker 7: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're bad.
Speaker 3: Let's just do this instead of talk about the mainstream media capitulated too fascis. Oh yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Look, we got to keep our eyes and ears open and out for this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Just what if let me just put this smells like your problem, smells like someone else's fun. Where's that pension cut?
Speaker 4: I hope it's not tied to the stock market, just so you know, that might that might come back to you to haunt you.
Speaker 3: But pension numb numbs are going up.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, good, Your penny numb numbs are going up up. But so anyway, like in the aftermath of the election, obviously we talked about MSNBC just saw their ratings fall harder than I would for a snowman that just came to life with a six pack brain hot, Oh yeahs.
Speaker 3: Two things Miles is helpless against.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, baby brain. Yeah, but he his numb numbs. I think most of it, though, I obviously it was probably due to the fact that people just wanted to like avoid the reality of what happened on election day. But there's also like just the case of like you know, MSNBC just like sucks, and I just want to point out a huge l the network just dealt itself in the form of Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough and Miker Brazinski. We touched on it in the episode with Magpie yesterday, but you know, they made a trip tomorrow Lago kiss the Ring exactly and they like, you know, it's clear that there's a there's a clip on Twitter that I think ken Clip has seen posted that sure shortage shows sort of shows how like the energy went from like this guy's a fascist to then suddenly like this solemn like well, you know, we've been doing a lot of thinking. This is just kind of a sort of before and after comparison of like what was they were saying on their show.
Speaker 8: Joe A lot to talk about in a jam packed of scary stuff speech by former President Trump.
Speaker 3: You've always had.
Speaker 9: This fascist talk coming from him, and now we're going we're just going full on Hitler and talking about one election.
Speaker 8: Joe and I went to mar A Lago to meet personally with President Trump deal with It was the first time we have seen him in seven years and for those asking why speak to the president elect during such fraught times, especially between US, I guess I would ask back, why wouldn't we? Five years of political warfare has especially just gone Washington and the country. Joe and I realized it's time to do something different, and that starts with not only talking about Donald Trump, but also talking with him. What we did agree on was to restart communications.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's that's the gist of it.
Speaker 3: It goes on the division that is the problem. We heard fascism. It's the division from the fascist and with and with that.
Speaker 1: Bob, it just pisses me off hearing that coming out out of a blond Bob. I'm like, okay, you were, You're like two thirds of the way to Fox.
Speaker 2: Anyways, with that, unbelieve this. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like the way that I can tell where MSNBC is standing with with the lips is when the last time I was home, my mom's MSNBC mom mug back of the cabinet.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, it was jover for her already.
Speaker 4: Oh, no time with Joe Scarborough or Joe Biden. Because if there's two versions of being.
Speaker 1: Why not both of them?
Speaker 4: Both of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the tone of that whole thing was so weird, Like the room tone is deafening. There's like a weird like buzz. They like they just seem I don't know. They both look like they just took a handful of Mike will and are like trying to keep their eyes open, and and they're reading like they're mispronouncing words like they're reading a p S A cold for the first time.
Speaker 1: You know, it does I feel like, yeah, that some men in black shit happened to them at mar A Lago and now they're like allies to the president, right, yeah, totally. Really they're just spiritually weak.
Speaker 4: I think. Yeah. But also the reporting around it seems to be that like they are very worried about what will happen to them, And that's the whole reason for it. It's purely out of self preservation. They're like, let's just you know, be fine, let's reopen communications. I just also want to just show this quickly that like obviously everyone's reaction was like what the fuck are they doing? Like why would they do this?
Speaker 3: Like why are they everyone?
Speaker 4: I know? So then the very next episode, because first of all, once they posted that they like block like they prohibited like any comments or being posted on anything they were posting because they just didn't want to hear any feedback from that clip. Then the next day on Tuesday, they're like, can we just like talk about how much like a non l that whole thing was. This is them the next day explaining why it's totally okay what they had done the previous broadcast.
Speaker 9: And yesterday I saw for the first time what a massive disconnector was between social media.
Speaker 3: And the real world.
Speaker 4: That's the why the O God look at them. Yeah, like I know, I think she's just I think it just feels so weak from everything.
Speaker 2: She's like, they need to just together for warmth.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because we were flooded with phone calls from people all day literally around the world, very positive, very supportives, going to understand what you do, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: But once in a while I would get a tax stra a call.
Speaker 9: Ference and go, oh, man, I hope you're doing okay. And I call him back and I go, well, Eddie, Gladys, what we go Eddie?
Speaker 4: Are you on Twitter? And he goes, I am, I'm not so, I'm not so no els taken, and they just keep going on about it. It's like, yeah, you know, like it just seems I mean, when talking to other millionaires who are in the real world as well, everything is okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Twitter is not the real world. Phone calls from rich and powerful people who have my phone number are the real.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's the crazy making thing where I feel like this is like a trend across mainstream media, like whether we're talking like Centrist or just like full Psycho, where it's like the Internet is a real and influential space when it behooves the narrative and when it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't behoove the narrative. Twitter isn't real life.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up. It's but also podcast won the election. You're like, which is it?
Speaker 2: Which is it?
Speaker 1: How do we actually feel about the influence of that space?
Speaker 4: Right? Is it brat Summer or because I thought it was brat Summer too, And we there's a lot of writers about coconut Twitter and all that that.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the real world. That wasn't the real world world.
Speaker 4: But like this all comes as like, you know, people like Nancy Pelosi and Hakeem Jeffries, who might, by the way, just kept his spot as like minority leader in the House, Thank god, brave leadership for the Democrats. They're making comments about like finding common ground with Trump, and obviously there's two ways to look at this, the first being they are being strategic and not wanting to be antagonistic out the gate, so they maybe have some room to maneuver, or they are totally just out here trying to normalize this administration to save their own asses. Either way, it's not sending the right message to Americans, which is that this administration is truly going to be like nothing we have ever witnessed in our brief history as a nation. And you know, along with that, I get the you know, maybe being strategic saying like maybe we can find common ground, but there's not a I don't I can't think of a single moment where Donald Trump is like I listened to the Democrats and they actually had a good point, and I felt like we needed to come to a place of a well, like he was always like knock down, drag out fights with Democrats and maybe because enough like Republicans or like this thing isn't gonna pass or whatever, they would they would take their their their foot off the gas. But this entire time when Trump's been out of office, There's there's been no semblance of him trying to find common ground of Democrats, So it's like, what is this for.
Speaker 1: I don't I mean, I feel like this has been a like consistent thing from Democrats at the highest level since Trump won a reelection, starting with like, I was really frustrated by Kamala's concession speech, being like everything's gonna be okay, and you're like, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: And like you ran on the correct you know, idea not.
Speaker 4: Going back and a threat and you're like it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's actually gonna be Just don't worry you guys, it's actually gonna be totally fine. And it's just like it's so condescending, it's so frustrating, and it's just like, I don't know, self preservational and and cowardly to do, especially because I don't I mean, I don't know I would be if it is a strategy.
Speaker 4: Did this?
Speaker 1: Did that strategy not just failed demo crowds massively trying to capitulate to Republicans Like it didn't work?
Speaker 2: Why do you keep trying to make it work?
Speaker 1: Like it's insane that that was happening less than three weeks ago, and they're like, all right, let's one last shot, but this time to a fascist government.
Speaker 2: And you're like, right, please, I like.
Speaker 3: You don't don't cook me up really.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So here we are, and they will I guess they need another bite of the poison apple to make sure it's poison again.
Speaker 3: What possible benefit, like strategically, what having worked with him or like around him for a long time, now, what possible benefit are they even telling themselves at this point that it's I think working with him.
Speaker 4: Is going flies with honey approach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they know that that's not true at that point with training. Clearly they don't know that.
Speaker 4: They're doing like no, that's only logic.
Speaker 3: But I think it's the I think it's just they recognize that it's a transactional Uh, he's purely transactional, and you need to kiss his ass in order to like not be attacked, and that's being attacked is scary to them, and so they're just doing, like Jamie said, like the most cowardly thing in the name, like Joe Biden saying like turn down the temperature like after after the election is oh okay, Like yeah, how wouldn't this be the time to know people being like, Okay, Biden, here's what we do, game plan the next three months. You need to like start passing the most radical legislator. And he's just like what, no, No, this is where I turned down the temperature.
Speaker 1: Like how is Liz Cheney not turning down the temperature on doing anything? I just it just drives me up a walt, Like I just I don't know, I don't know if it's it must be a kink or something. They're like, we'll just like gamble with vulnerable American lives to get off on this like weird phantom thread thing they have going with Trump.
Speaker 2: Like it's just so fucked I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I think this is what we're going to see, like the ruling classes the now more than ever corporations will abandon their morals on this, just like they did Gaza, like they rooted out dissent on that. Like this is just being expanded and it's Yeah, I'm not holding out any hope for any of the like center left democratic institutions to do shit this time around. I think it really is going to have to come from the bottom up. It's going to be very bleak if you pay attention to the mainstream media because it's just going to be a capitulation and talking about like how crazy or like unrealistic the demands of everybody else is, but we we just need to push for it.
Speaker 4: Oh you're going to see I'm sure you'll see some like weird mass deportation apologia come out. That's like, but these people were criminals with fighting, Like whatever, you're gonna it's just I'm it's.
Speaker 3: There was a New York Towns headline, uh yesterday I think or two days ago that was like there's a mass like young school age children unhoused crisis in New York due to rampant immigration. Like they're getting on board with the talking points in their headlines.
Speaker 1: It's absurd, I mean, And yeah, I feel like using Gaza as a as a yardstick for how they're going to handle it is probably true where I mean the whole the whole last year plus like every almost every Democrat I've heard talk about Gaza's like, oh this is so horrible, I wonder what could happen to stop it? Where you know, just acting like they have no power and like who could you know whatever, Tim Robinson and the fucking hot Dogs do it like we're all.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure out how we can do this. It's like you are in power.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're not going to do anything, and now there's not Now it's like there's no.
Speaker 3: You know, but if I did something, I wouldn't be in power anymore so' And that's scary to me.
Speaker 2: As you're like walking into the woods mumbling like.
Speaker 3: I do want to get your opinion on this. If he had walked, indeed walked into this rainforest just like straight through, do you think an animal would have eaten him? I feel like he probably doesn't even register his food to animals.
Speaker 1: I feel like he would have for some reason, like walked in an exactly straight line for like fifty miles and then collapsed, and that.
Speaker 3: Would have just spent that's right, that pile of dust.
Speaker 4: I could also see like a bunch of bugs covering him, and he just becomes like a big blob of bugs that walks around just covered in bugs. Like you don't even see the form of Joe, like a reverse.
Speaker 3: From Men in Black. Yeah, yeah, inside.
Speaker 4: Use that they use his like skeletal structure to create a new organism, which is just like.
Speaker 2: He's reached his final form.
Speaker 3: Biden, talk about a bug bite. I got a bug here, won't they. We'll leave my dogs.
Speaker 4: Alone in the backyard, driving a wild every night.
Speaker 3: All right, Biden's back in the yard.
Speaker 10: Let's take a quick break, quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 4: We're back.
Speaker 3: We're back. Yep. Hell yeah, let's go up. All right. Uh, let's talk about the holidays are coming. Coca Cola commercial started in the nineties featuring a truly intimidating number of trucks pulling into a town in the original with like Christmas lights on the trucks and then everything they pass turn into Christmas lights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, holidays are coming. Just a quick refresher, quick refresher. Yeah you can hear that little.
Speaker 1: Oh those are real trucks come in.
Speaker 2: I love this ship.
Speaker 4: Fruit toast, coin syruce toast corn syrup, frue toast corn zyrup.
Speaker 3: That's so many trucks.
Speaker 4: That is this line of trucks is kind.
Speaker 3: Of just too many trucks. It is a full on convoy cook.
Speaker 4: We're here to bring put everyone in this town in a diabetic shock.
Speaker 3: This is a show of strength.
Speaker 2: I loved that.
Speaker 1: Sh I love what they would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get the little truck and then do you remember the.
Speaker 1: Polar Bears, the Coca Cola Polar Bears.
Speaker 5: There's the old SANTEI that old man's like what, there's Chris Chris. Oh, that guy's legs turned on and he just looked at the fucking extension cable and the plug.
Speaker 4: He's like, what the fuck.
Speaker 3: The magic of Christmas? You don't need electricity, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Kind of look up like yeah, he kind of does look up like they'd finally come from like he's.
Speaker 3: Been waiting for this day would come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, post like truck caravan culture, this is actually far more menacing.
Speaker 3: Just goes to a shed in his back yard and there's just weapons all over the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he kicks the door open.
Speaker 3: He's like the day has come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he pulls a fake book and then like it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dexter's flat style panic room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a really well executed commercial there. They even have like it reminded me of the Graceland, like Lady Smith Black Mumbaso like vocal arrangements where it's like this like you know, like but it's but then they're like how days are coming.
Speaker 4: So it's like we're white. Yeah, it's Lady Smith white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what we have to So anyways, this is what a classic bit of Christmas nostalgia from Coca Cola. And they were like, what if we like fucking ruined that, what if we I don't know, AI thish sh nick AI in the mysk And it's uh, I don't know. It's not as horrifying as some of the AI ship that we've seen, but just the overall impression of it, Yeah, it reminded me of the thing like, uh, Jurassic Park famously, like all these CGI special effects and I assumed they were all CGI, but then like when you look at the actual making, it's like ten percent CGI and the rest are practical, and the CGI just doesn't look as shitty or right next to the practical, whereas this is just all AI. And it's like after the eighth shot where everything is like glistening and weird and looks like it's like behind a glass in like some museum or something like the like there's a future museum where they're observing.
Speaker 4: Us well, and like also like the perspectives on stuff isn't consistent. So it feels like when you're like taking psychedelics and you're wondering if they're kicking in it, and you're like, dude, I think the shit just wobbled a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is how I feel. Look at AI people.
Speaker 1: It makes me feel like when I'm on mushrooms and I think someone's mad at me, Like You're just like, why are they looking at me like that?
Speaker 4: Are you wearing purple foundation right now? No? What?
Speaker 3: Never mind?
Speaker 4: Never mind? Yeah. So they did like three different AI ads and this is so funny. Someone tweet It's like the company I work for just creating an ad for Coca Cola.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Coca Cola. We were asked to bring the classic.
Speaker 4: Coca Cola holidays are coming ad back through the use of a I check it out here.
Speaker 3: It was I'm glad to anticipate in my commercial. Wait, Coca Cola, which which change? Which?
Speaker 4: We?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That one?
Speaker 2: Wow, Chris, really cool?
Speaker 4: Is this your cousin Marvin Barry?
Speaker 1: Already the ratio the quote tweet ratio is looking pretty brutal.
Speaker 4: Chris, just for the numbers. I don't feel good for this poster, but here is the whatever we can tolerate of this AI version. Yeah, okay, we got to the winter scenes, the Arctic puffin.
Speaker 1: No, not the bear.
Speaker 4: The bear you see like the Everything's truck is breathing, by the way, first of all, yeah, that's not where the exhaust comes out of the front. Is that supposed to be?
Speaker 1: Like it's the The bear also changed shape when it came out of the water.
Speaker 4: It's head shaped wobbled, yeah, and the nose like turned into almost three nostrils. And then it was like like the AI woke up. It's only two it's only two nose holes. But yeah, it's like, I guess the logic here is like you can see the truck's breath it's so cold. Yeah, I think, okay, so this is so the trucks are weird. The text on the trucks so weird.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Yeah, the trucks are like different shapes and sizes. And then there's this one shot where.
Speaker 4: What are these squirrels doing.
Speaker 3: That one can't blink? All right there right there, freezer right there, the Coca Cola trucks are on an escalator. Look at how they're like going down the hill. Do you see how like they're but like ones down like they're just going down on an escalator. It's so weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the wheels, It's basically it looks like, yeah, like the wheels are locked up during a snowstorm. It's just like, fuck, we're just going where gravity's taking it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one raccoons, So you want to you want to keep going?
Speaker 4: Shall we keep going?
Speaker 3: Have we seen the people yet? A different one?
Speaker 4: That's the different you see that we want to see the people one? Yeah, the people one's real fucking bad too. Here it is. This one is called just Christmas, Coca Cola Christmas advert.
Speaker 2: This is really like, yeah, sending giving me chills.
Speaker 3: Of Jemidy chills.
Speaker 4: This holidays so again, Oh Polar Bears.
Speaker 3: This one's written look at that look on our faith. It's like like, are they twins too? Yeah? I doesn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, wait there are twins also, like I don't I don't trust the look of the girl behind the other.
Speaker 1: She's a gun. She got half of the characters and AI are a gun.
Speaker 4: Right, secretly, secretly are a gun.
Speaker 1: And she opens her mouth. The other.
Speaker 3: Wait, okay, giant and driving the truck.
Speaker 4: Look at that thumb. Wow, he has like an infant's thumb.
Speaker 3: This is a hands.
Speaker 4: That's a baby hand. I'm sorry, Santo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's there's a spirit trapped in that man.
Speaker 4: Boom. I like, did you see this thing? I think there was the fine print right there it said like this ad was fucking yeah created by real magic AI, like in the lower corner. O, my god, I don't know. It's it's also upsetting that we're having to look at this and this is this what we're.
Speaker 3: Doing talking about the integrity of AI of Coca Cola commercials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where's your integrity legacy company?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 2: That was genuinely upsetting to look at. I am curious. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like, it's already taken half of my jobs, but I am like.
Speaker 2: It's so it still looks bad.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's just going to look bad forever, because it does feel like there is a very like human part of you that can it's just like the Uncanny.
Speaker 2: Valley, yeah forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't I don't have faith, and I kind of hope that they can never exit that space, right, that's the scariest thing of all.
Speaker 2: If they can get out of the Uncanny Valley.
Speaker 4: When you think about like where we started with the Will Smiths spaghetti eating videos, you know, and where we're at now, it's definitely on an upward trajector you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Still Yeah, it's true, and it's like, I'm sure that half of our tax money will go into developing more of it, which is gonna be amazing.
Speaker 4: You also think about too, like how many people breathlessly share this ship like without realizing it, and you're like, doesn't need to get I mean, it's already got a ton of people just being like yeah, yeah, man, look at Santa's baby hand. Man, I remember.
Speaker 1: That nostalgic nostalgia. Santa has a babyhand now sharing it.
Speaker 3: With the eyes emoji, the side eyes emoji. I feel like the worst people I know are always sharing stuff with me like that with the eyes emoji, Like check out, this is a cool marketing opportunity.
Speaker 4: Because you can just said that directly to me.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I sometimes think that it's an elegant way to just be without using words, be like you you see this, That's how I mean.
Speaker 1: I like sending I like sending the single eyeball, but it does make you seem like conspiratorial yeahadi.
Speaker 2: Coda right right right, a single eyeball.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, have you seen the latest fucking Coca Cola ad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, matter of fact I have. And it's cool.
Speaker 4: There it is there, it is.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Jamie Loftus, what a pleasure having you back the Daily Zeigeist.
Speaker 2: Always happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Uh, you can check out my new podcast.
Speaker 1: Well it's six months old now, but still new, still new podcast. Yeah, sixteenth minute of fame. Maybe you've heard Miles Gray's very voice on this very podcast playing the part of Takio Kobayashi extremely well, I might add.
Speaker 4: I almost did my Ninja Warrior voice. I remember telling you and Sophie when you're like you want to do a voice, I'm like, I can. I used to do really problematic Japanese accents for voice over on American Ninja Warrior.
Speaker 2: And so if he was like do that do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, friend, part of me I fired up the mic and I was like, nah, not for this class for this classic today.
Speaker 2: This is a classy party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the same way, like that old man in the Coca Cola video thought about his suit of armor.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no I heard.
Speaker 1: I got a message yesterday saying that the current Nathan's Hotdog Eating champion a guy named Patrick Bertoletti, longtime competitor. He commented on that post and said he really enjoyed the episode. Oh it's Nathan's Contest of Wrea from our boy Patrick. Look and yeah, this week we released Just today, we released an episode about the gorilla glue glue scandal of twenty twenty one, Tessica Brown, and I have an interview with her.
Speaker 2: She's very lovely, So check out the show.
Speaker 1: It's if you've, If you've, if you have a main character, we've probably covered it or will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even if.
Speaker 3: You don't know the original meme, it's fascinating and engrossed singing. You will learn to care about these people.
Speaker 1: You learn to care about Kirby wife guy, I swear.
Speaker 10: You and cook like maybe this guy should have his own This guy wrote a song called Big Girl Banger.
Speaker 2: Surely nothing wrong there? Anyways?
Speaker 3: Is there a work Amedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Last night I went to a reading from uh someone had been a fan of for a long time. A poet named Summerfara, and I saw her do a reading last night as a part of this monthly series in La Uh organized by the Writers Against the War on Gaza. She did a reading from her poetry collection that came out this year called I Could Die Today and Live Again, which is poetry about her life.
Speaker 2: And Zelda the Game.
Speaker 1: So it's really funny, it's really good.
Speaker 2: I highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: Hell Yah Miles, where can people find you? Is there a work amedia you've been enjoying, Jamie? Did you say where we can find you? Are you?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 4: Did you say where you're on biscay?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm on sky, baby, I'm on the sky.
Speaker 1: I finally I used it once in twenty twenty three, but I but I'm serious this time.
Speaker 4: Oh guys, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: I'm dead ass. I'm dead ass.
Speaker 4: I'm here to recent communications like morning Yeah, and it's under it's the first social media platform where I've just gotten to have my name.
Speaker 2: It's just Jamie Loftus.
Speaker 3: Wow. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: And I'm still on Instagram at Jamie christ Superstar as well.
Speaker 3: Hell Yah Miles, where can people find yous?
Speaker 4: Their working media?
Speaker 3: You've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Blue Sky and the other at based places, Miles of Gray, pretty much everywhere. Find Jacket on the Basketball podcastle you know about the NBA or some of my Lakers.
Speaker 3: What's up with the Sixers?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Who knows what? This little boy?
Speaker 4: They're doing good? And also find me talking about ninety four twenty day Fiance. Uh some media I like just I've just been watching clips of uh Mike Tyson maybe not punching that Paul guy, but really there's nothing. I've pretty much averted my eyes away from Twitter, which has actually been good. Uh, So shout out everything I see on Blue Sky, which are things I'm following, and let's see is that it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say another video, but I'm gonna I'll hold that for who I'm gonna hold. I'm gonna hold that one for the next next episode. So so hold up, hold up.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Obi one. It looks like Jacob one dotbsky dot Social fun.
Speaker 2: I gotta follow everyone on this, guys.
Speaker 1: This is thrilling.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love to connect.
Speaker 3: Still on Twitter at jack Underscore Bryan, but I don't really check it anymore. I'm just trying to transport. Use the skybridge follower to follow all the people. So blue skies I've been enjoying. I don't know, we need to come up with a better, better version of that skeets whatever I've been enjoying cass City at Heavenly Grandpa Bluesguy dot social tweeted guy who invented ketchup. Yeah, so it's basically a tomato paste with pre com god. Same person also tweeted, no country for old men, but the weapon is a T shirt cannon.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for the low and moss.
Speaker 1: I have such a sucker for pre com joke, just just the the you know, extra thought to add the preah and if you know, you know, and if you don't know.
Speaker 3: You're in a good no, now you do know you Amy ash at loll on Wigbsky dot Social tweeted, Yes, cryptocurrency is horrible for the planet, but more importantly it bores me. That's also kind of how you can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We get a blue sky, don't we for the daily there? We'll share much for daily Yeah.
Speaker 4: It just it's it's it's over there, it's over there.
Speaker 3: We're on blue Sky at Daily ze Guys on Twitter at the Daily Iye Guys on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page or website dailyesei Guys dot com where we post our episode and our Footnope, the information that we talked about, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 4: Yes, there's this uh singer songwriter artist from West London named Nila fair Yanya, and she's got a track called Like I Say Out. It's really dope. It's kind of like if you like Jose Gonzalez in that band Junip that he put together. It kind of has that kind of like cool sort of strummy thumpin' rump and tumpin acoustic guitar with like a little bit of rhythm but the but the but the guitar riff kind of reminds me of like cherub rock by the Smashing Pumpkins. It's just kind of It's just a dope track of really dope artists. Check out the rest of our work. But anyway, this is called Like I Say by Neilu fair Yanya. Check it out. N I l U s e r y A n y a all right, We will link.
Speaker 3: Off to it in the foot note for Daily Zai guys are the production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts for my heart Radio, visit Yeah Heart Radio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. But we are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye