Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another lock Hoop special edition. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. We have a nice show for you today, a little bit of college football. We're gonna sprinkle that thing in there like Salt Bay. We're gonna subscribe. What are we gonna do after that? Folks say it together, one, two, three, come, and that's all we're gonna do. Hopefully you guys are watch in your keyboard, watch it and obviously right here, if you're Jewish, you celebrate something different, happy whatever that is. But for me, Merry Christmas. Also fan call in parlay. A lot of people in the Call of Shame, but our boy right here huge it. What's his name? Josh?
Speaker 2: Josh?
Speaker 1: Shut out Josh, and the call of fame probably shouldn't have hit that hard. We have a great episode for you guys. A day Marry Christmas. Big hugs, tiny guess, let's have one.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the locker room. We are presented by Fireball Whiskey. So many things make football great, but you know what the best thing is kicking the living ship out of your rival rival. And there's absolutely no better feeling as an athlete or fan, and Fireball Whiskey is here to give you the spark to ignite that rivalry all season long. Grab your football buddy, buy around, and reignite the rivalry. Flame fellas. Merry Christmas, Chris, Christmas.
Speaker 4: You you Christmas guy?
Speaker 5: Hankha guy.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. When does that start?
Speaker 5: That's why I started already gift every day?
Speaker 4: So you've been getting gifts every day something like that.
Speaker 1: What you get?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What you got?
Speaker 5: That's what I got? Yeah, have my baby son?
Speaker 1: But you did he get you anything?
Speaker 4: Love? Do your girl get you anything?
Speaker 5: No? They don't give me anything. Don't I get everybody?
Speaker 4: I get it?
Speaker 5: You know? Christmas is every day?
Speaker 4: Are you a big gift giver?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ask my guys. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know it was the bag in some presents.
Speaker 4: We got a little white elephant.
Speaker 3: I didn't white elephant tonight that I am excited for Taylor's house, Yeah, which, by.
Speaker 1: The way, I needed. I don't know why I don't.
Speaker 4: Invite you to think no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: But seriously, I don't know why I don't do that.
Speaker 4: I should have invited you. You should have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you want to come no, no, my girl family is out right here here here.
Speaker 1: So that's my one add that to my New Year's resolution is of inviting Delanny the more things, because for real, bro, we were going over the beer Olympics. We're like, who are going to get and someone was like, what about Lanna, Like yeah, what the fuck are we doing? It's like you're the homie, but then we just take it homies on Olympics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I didn't even think I was competing. I'm like chilling, like you're good.
Speaker 4: I was like, you have you heard the rumors?
Speaker 1: Ps? No, they're saying the last one ever might happen in twenty twenty five. Why just as they're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just what people are saying.
Speaker 1: The scenes, people are talking this clamoring, going around whispers whispers.
Speaker 4: No, not that. I think it's more of the just getting old. Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean it's gonna be a lie. That was the I was, oh, what how many days did it take you to recovery? I was hurt.
Speaker 5: My girl ain't never seen me like that before.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: I threw up a gang of times. Y'all just didn't know. Yeah, oh during yeah, oh you were there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could not hold it, dude.
Speaker 1: I didn't throw up at all, but the last year. I felt more drunk this year, but I threw up more last year.
Speaker 5: Really, Yes, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a weird deal.
Speaker 4: I haven't thrown up yet.
Speaker 5: I had no.
Speaker 4: I was well, no cheers ago. You were throwing up everywhere.
Speaker 1: Nick Bennett had to save you.
Speaker 4: Oh you're right, I was.
Speaker 1: You were like something over the little moat that appeard, Yeah, a little turf air. Originally my wife was like, we should make that into a little player for the kids. I'm like, yeah, it's really specially dogs and ship. Now we go, I gotta go, yeah, will to throw up.
Speaker 6: I went up and the I went up and where he got like the little planneries up on the hill right there. Yeah, I took a height because I'm like, if they see me, I'm disqualified.
Speaker 4: I was talking. I was talking to myself. I was over there on my knees in the dirt pants and the dirt God.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh my god, I'm not doing this though.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry for not everybody that Christmas party. Oh that's all right, no, no, but hey, I feel bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Football Bucks shooting down their legs last night.
Speaker 1: Again, it's just crazy.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we did hit our. We'll get to that. Well, we did hit our.
Speaker 5: He should we just do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, boys, boys took us sixteen weeks, but we finally hit You're ready to go. You got twisted, you got to twisted. It's ready to go. We finally hit the bet. The Boys parlay one two, yea. I ain't gotta do nothing, thank god, Oh, thank god, dude, thank god.
Speaker 4: I was little. I was a little wrecked.
Speaker 5: I ain't even gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know how.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go to the super Bowl with blond eyebrows and no beard.
Speaker 1: I would have looked you would have found a way to do something with it, though, when we just you would have found a way. Hey, if I know the Lady Walker.
Speaker 4: Huge glasses covering.
Speaker 3: When we just had Bucky Irving left, I felt so good too.
Speaker 1: Was the thing that scared me so good because you took Bucky Irving right, yea, yeah. And my whole thing about not taking Bucky was this, he does split time, so you're not only playing it like a back that doesn't single snap. You're also doing two guys like who's gonna get the ball? He's become the workhorse, bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah early so happy man.
Speaker 4: He's good man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not good enough to beat the Cowboys apparently. I feel like, did you see McCarthy. Did you see his like facial espression when the clock went to zero. It seemed like there looked like a feeling of like weight off his shoulders, as if maybe his job was on the line for that game.
Speaker 5: He getting fired.
Speaker 1: So I think he's still getting fired. But I think but also the Cowboys historically just hold on for a while. He just like fired three guys before week three.
Speaker 6: Well you know he's still You still got an old school owner that believes in giving coaches time to build. And these new owners are like, one, have you not winning, You're gone?
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: And I feel like the new owners they have their ear to the floor a little bit more. They do they the fans saying fans are pissed off, and they kind of easily Yeah, they be pan eames of people. But we Christmas Christmas Wednesday on Netflix right stream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shadow Netflix sitting another opportunity.
Speaker 1: Now they're op they have an opportunity with Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh. Chiefs are fair by two and a half. The total points in that game is forty three and a half. We're gonna start with the Kansas City Chiefs number one enemy, Will Compton. How do you feel bad?
Speaker 4: I like the Chiefs. I like the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: But if Pickens right now, if Pickens comes back, I want it on record. If Pickens is playing Wednesday, I want the Steelers. But if he's not, I want the Chiefs. I think the Chiefs play too well defensively, yep. I feel like the Steelers really ship down their leg with executing offensively against the Ravens. And again it's late in the year. This is where the Chiefs start being the Chiefs. But right now, with Pickens out and questionable, I like the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on the chief I like the Chiefs. When you watch a chief the Texans play, there was early in the game there was a third and short that got stuffed. They give it to Pacheco. There was a fourth and one right after that they got stuff. They gave it to Pacheco. I don't know why you're not giving it to kream Hunt. That situation, or do the Chiefs way of kind of just giving a nice little toss out to Kelsey something like that. That's usually what they do in those really close yard of situations. You fast forward to the end of the game, there's four minutes on the clock and they are in four minutes a team that is not usually known as a physical, beat them down team. They go in their Chiefs way and they finished the game with the ball in their hands. That is the type of that's the kind of championship mentality they got a half. Obviously, we'll get to we'll get to the Texans in a little bit. I feel terrible for Tank Dell that injuries, awful, all that stuff. They kind of stalled out right after that happened. They had one drive where they moved the ball down the field, but really you could see, I mean c J. Stroud was upset, emotional to the point of tears. And then the Chiefs were playing, played a full four quarters of good football and Spag spag Spagnolia, spagnol, spags spags right now, he's the of the Kansas City Chiefs. He's a big reason why they have a huge opportunity to three p and the record is the way it is. I'm taking the Chiefs two and a half.
Speaker 4: What they got to be careful about though.
Speaker 3: The Texans I think got to Mahomes like twenty two different times, and the Texans aren't even close to what the Steelers. Steelers have on the defensive front, I feel like that's going to be an X factor.
Speaker 4: To shout out the.
Speaker 3: Boy Mitch with his data here, this Steelers defense, it's fit in pass rush win rate and leads the NFL and turnover sports per game. I think that'll be an X factor. And again, if Pickens plays. I do like the Steelers here because it is in Pittsburgh, short week. They're coming off a very bad loss where they have to ultimately, like you know, have a little bit of a gut check mentality on getting back on track.
Speaker 1: Turnaround ye QUI quick turnaround? I mean high Smith, what Hayward, those guys in the middle, I mean to do a phenomenal job of rushing the passer and stopping the runs. What I do like about the Chiefs is if when you watch that game in full and you hear how many names the announcers are saying as far as receivers getting the ball, I mean DeAndre Hopkin, Xavi are Worthy, Travis Kelsey, and then after coming back from a classical injury, Hollywood Brown. He only had six catches for forty six yards. But Mahomes is really going to everybody. Last year we had a big issue with I believe it was oil Cans was your reference receivers catch the ball. Now you feel like their time of possession, the way they're handling the ball, they're moving it up and down the field, whether it's three or their six, They're laying on that defense quite a bit. I still think the Chiefs are the chiefs handle business here.
Speaker 4: Steelers. Yeah, I'm a Steelers. Give me just locked me in with the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Picks biggest matters.
Speaker 3: I think Pickens is gonna play just like that big check.
Speaker 1: Don't. We don't do guarantees. We're like lawyership. We don't do guarantees. But that's as strong as it gets when Will compan does something like that.
Speaker 4: People talking about Tomlin. Tomlin don't do dog at home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they get the spreads in seven games at home. I'm taking the Steelers. I do want Pickings to play. I think when he plays, Russell is a better quarterback. He makes better plays. He can throw the ball up. You got a receiver out there who can snag anything. So if hopefully he played, and it'll be a good game. But I'm taking Steelers plus two and a half plus two and a half.
Speaker 3: The next one that day, Baltimore Ravens at the Houston Texas. Baltimore is favored by four in the over under is forty seven and a half.
Speaker 4: Taylor, what are you feeling here?
Speaker 1: I like the Ravens. Yeah, I like the Ravens. Some has been up with the Texans all year. You still look at CJ. Stroud's numbers and you're like, well, it's not a sophomore slump. He's moving the ball up and down the field. But Tank Dell that injury, they've really got there. They're really hurt in a lot of ways. It's losing Stefan Diggs now Tank Dell. They still got Nico Collins. They've really got to start feeding. Was the guy's name? I was looking at here for a second. Where's he at? Dalton Schultz? He had a touchdown, He had a touchdown in the game. He needs to get fed early and often for them to have an opportunity here. But you Look at Marlin Humphries, he had a pick six in the game. Ro Kwan Smith in the middle, he's doing an amazing job on defense. And then Kyle Hamilton. This kid. The range that this kid has in the back end, not only in the passing game where he can go sideline the sideline, but also filling in like an extra linebacker in the run game. Even when he toss out these bubbles to the perimeter, he is so quick to get there and meet them in the line of scrimmage, does a great job of breaking down, good job of solo tackling. Their defense is really flying around. What I love most about the Ravens right now is when they hit the kiss technique. They keep it simple, stupid. You give the ball to Derrick Henry over twenty times a game. They did this last time. He had one hundred and forty six yards, no touchdowns, but he had twenty six carries. Mark Andrews and Isaiah likely to get out of jail free cards for Lamar Jackson Isaiah. They do a great job with the wide delays where they kind of have a guy in there. They chip to help Lamar out a little bit and then he flutters off to the flat, they toss it over to him. Mark Andrews, actually fun fact, had his first touchout against the Pittsburgh Steelers this past week, so let's give him a round of the making history. They play each other twice a year a boom he had his first one the Baltimore Ravens. I like what I saw this week. I like the way they were operating. I like the way they handle business and all three phases. I do worry about them in the playoffs, just because there's you know, you got to still got the Bills, you still got the Chiefs. But if they continue to have their game plan and the kiss method, they're a hard team to be. And not to mention they almost beat the Kansasity Chiefs by one toe and that was the.
Speaker 5: First game in the season. Baltimore too, I'm going Baltimore.
Speaker 6: I mean again, Taylor said that Baltimore is a different team from the first game that they played against Kansas City. You saw those guys understand how to run Derek, how to use that offense with getting all the play bakers at ball.
Speaker 5: So man, I got to go Baltimore.
Speaker 6: I just think that Houston is hurt right now and they don't got any enough weapons on a offense to beat Baltimore at the moment.
Speaker 3: I agree you want an extra Christmas present, it's Baltimore minus four to me. I like leaning on teams that play defense and can run the football this late in the season. And again, if you look at the Ravens, they're ten to three in their last thirteen games on the road. Derek had what won sixty plus this last week. They're number one in the NFL at stopping the run. Houston, They've just they've been very in consistence this year and they're kind of middle of the packet stopping the run. I love teams that can run the ball late in the year and play defense, and Baltimore is both.
Speaker 4: Of those things. So I got Baltimore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Houston missing they starting linebackers. Still, he's still suspended from the hit on Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was just crazy.
Speaker 1: That was a crazy hit. And then the GM coming to his defense. We can't even talk to the guy. That's crazy. We can't get like psychiatric heal. Oh yeah, I know he's having a hard time.
Speaker 6: But they gonna pay him though, you see. They Yeah, they're gonna pay them. They said We're giving him the money. That wasn't his fault.
Speaker 4: Like, that's a good, that's a good, that's a good.
Speaker 1: That's a huge, huge franchise because that was like a million song, Like yeah, de lady, Thursday night football, So hey, Christmas his past. Hope every got what they wanted at this point. I hope everyone got they wanted at this point. But now Thursday, the opportunity to get more presents. Seattle Seahawks are playing at the Bear. Seattle's favorite minus three total points in that game is forty two and a half.
Speaker 4: The Laney Man the question first, is anybody doing Chicago?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, come on, no, Chicago looked terrible yesterday. Uh, I gotta go Seattle Seahawks. I know they took a tough loss against the Vikings, but Vikings are a good team. You know, you got Justin Jefferson making that last minute catch at the end of the game.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm talking about something now, Sorry about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, again, I'm talking about the Seattle Seahawks. Gam Yeah, Justin Jefferson when he made that last catch to end it. So the Seahawks is on their way. You know, they make plays when they need to. They want to get a good team with the Vikings. Everybody know how good the Vikings are this year, them turning the season around, being able to be explosive.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: But the Chicago Bears, man, they just they in shambles. I feel like they had played a terrible game last week against the Lions this Sunday against the Lions, Lions came out destroyed them. I mean it wasn't even a fair matchup of them. Boys were throwing bombs, running all over them. I think that's gonna be the same thing with the Seahawks. You got Walker, the second right Walker, Yeah, yeah, the second coming back. I think this week is he back this week?
Speaker 4: He got hurt, He got hurt last night he was playing well.
Speaker 3: But either way, what is it? Shardonay? Yeah, Sharonay. The backup doesn't matter who's in there.
Speaker 5: Like they have they have a run Yeah, they have it still.
Speaker 6: But I mean when Walker's in there, they definitely the run game is eighty five percent better once he's out there running the ball. So I think he's gonna play this week. I think they they're gonna move the ball again on the Bears, and it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Be a good game.
Speaker 6: Hopefully they don't play to the Bears level and the Seahawks can walk away with his minus.
Speaker 1: I don't think they play at the Bears level. Like the Seawks are in a unique position. We kind of talked about this before the show, where there's teams that have already hey, we're making the playoffs. If we're not obviously in, we're at a ninety eight ninety chance. It's really just you got to win one of your last two games you're in, plus a bunch of people have to lose a whole lot. The Seattle Seahawks are not really in that position. They were at like a thirty four percent chance before they've played the Vikings. Now that number's gone even down, but they're not dead yet. So the conversation that locker room is basically this, Hey, we do not control our faith, but we can control what we can control. And you have a bad Bears team, you have to make a statement here and hope a couple of other teams lose. If that does happen, then we had a chance to get into the dance. They have more to play for than the Bears. The Bears, thinking about Coabo Stanton Lucas there, thinking about Saint Bart's, thinking about their offensive line, Vegas trip in the offseason. It's been a tough year for the Bears.
Speaker 4: It sucked.
Speaker 1: They've had some highs, but mostly lows. The Seattle Seahawks need to make a statement win here and keep their chances their playoff tenses a lot. They lose this game, it's absolutely over and they're already kind of on the fringe. They need a couple of other teams to lose. But I like the Seahawks a lot against the Bears especially.
Speaker 3: You can't lose the Bears again. Seattle's in a mustling situation. Their hopes are still alive. They're going to get another shot at the Rams here at the end of the year. But Seattle, this is a Seattle game all the way. Yeah, this Seattle all the way, but all the way.
Speaker 6: The only thing that scared me is just what you saw at Arizona and the Panthers. Panthers and in Arizona run for the playoffs, Like, can they come out there fall going to that hole and lose this game.
Speaker 1: Different circumstances, the reason why I think it's different.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, I was gonna say, I think it's two things like a few weeks ago when we were talking about both Arizona.
Speaker 4: And Seattle coming out of the bye week.
Speaker 3: Uh, Seattle was undefeated like three and oh or four and oh coming out of the bye week. Arizona had loss coming out of the bye week. Like, to me, these are two different teams and two different cultures. And also when you look at the Panthers and you look at the Bears, they're also I know they're they both suck, but Carolina is like fighting. They've been fighting in this Bryce Young's look good, like they're they're playing in quality football. You see the locker room speeches after game. The Bears, they're they're on a nine game losing streak. They're not very good. They're they're leaning on Caleb Williams, who can make plays with his legs, and yes he has no interceptions, but how much of that offense can he actually operate is a big question. They're gonna be cleaning house at the end of the year. So I think it's just they're very different situations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't think the Bears have a shot at this.
Speaker 1: It's also if you look back at the beginning of the year, there's a level of expectation for both teams. Everyone and their mother kind of looked at the Panthers and said, Hey, this team's probably gonna suck again this year. Where gonna really find out what Bryce Young is really all about. Then with the Bears, Caleb Williams being the second coming of football Jesus, they're like, hey, we're gonna win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Chicago's get that.
Speaker 1: A lot of talent. They went, plucked a couple of guys from the Chargers. They borrow some receivers, They've revamped their offensive line. They had a rookie that was a first round pick getting into his second year, another year to developed. So there's a lot of things you can look at. The Bears'll be like, yo, we have a huge opportunity this year. And then it really just went downtown. The Panthers have had a unique course throughout the season where Bryce Young is your starting quarterback. Somewhere along the lines, he gets benched and pulled and everyone thinks this is the end of Bryce Young. We might never see him again unless he's holding a clipboard in his hand, comes back and starts playing, and starts playing in a way where he's like pissed off, like he's in a proved type of mentality now where the kids kind of got some heart, he's got some life about him. So as you know, the roller coaster started going, bears started plummeting down to earth, and they've kind of been towards that well, like the Panthers have kind of been this turbulent rocky but towards the end of the season and been like, hey, let's start stacking some wins on top of getting to the twenty twenty five season. And that's kind of where they sit now. So you see different inertias kind of happening with both of these teams. And that's why I think the Panthers took care of business gainst Cardinals and war Zone, right yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't think Bryce Young is too serious with call of duty right now. Sure he will in the off season, you know, getting after that whole thing. But I feel I feel really good about Seattle. That's a that's a nice little post game. Christas Present is Honica still going on? Yeh on Thursday next this week? When's it end?
Speaker 4: You say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, you know, and started like four nights again, so we have four nights left, so it'll be the last night'll be on Thursday. Based on that math, absolutely, I love it, dude, that's a present for yourself christ Yeah, are you you you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Give my son.
Speaker 1: Because it's not even Honkah yet. Of course, comes back from a one year says, I'm Hebrew is Israel right now. I don't eat pork, and I'm trying to. I'm trying to cherish it.
Speaker 4: He asked me, did I get gets?
Speaker 1: You said started?
Speaker 4: You said, I dare say that I did. I don't get gifts. I like, I do. You've just been dishing gifts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, JP said, it starts on Christmas.
Speaker 1: Delaney's like, oh, ship, Yeah, you know what's impressive. How you just say, ship.
Speaker 4: I've been giving gifts. How that's all I've been doing. I've been and I'm missing formed every year forever.
Speaker 1: Cza the wingos he get me gifts. We'll do you know, haven't even started yet. Get some socks.
Speaker 4: Games of the Week. Games of the Week are our favorite picks of the week.
Speaker 3: I love talking about the Commanders minus five versus the Falcons.
Speaker 4: Now the Falcons do have some life.
Speaker 3: They beat up on a very bad New York Giants team Pinnis, He's got a lot of poise. JP being a Falcons man, you got to be pretty excited about Pinnicks because he is you know what he does the pill around.
Speaker 4: No, they don't.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, it could not have worked out, I guess any better. But you know, they assume that Kirk was gonna still have some juice going in and tell whenever his last year is gonna be.
Speaker 1: I think it's if you take out giving Kirk Cousins one hundred and eighty million dollars one hundred and twenty guaranteed, that's a great move for the Falcons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to move for the Falcons.
Speaker 1: Wallace currency brother.
Speaker 4: Did they actually cut him? No? No, no, but he's done. No, yeah, I know he's done.
Speaker 1: They're gonna move on. He's a one hundred twenty guaranteed Oh for really? Yeah, Oh yeah, that comes to March.
Speaker 4: They gotta cut him by March. Y'all know that feeling. There's always those you know that feeling. I know that feel.
Speaker 1: Like I do like Pennis not sold on Penis he did to play the Giants, but I like, I do like how.
Speaker 4: He looks good.
Speaker 3: I mean It's not like he had some insane stat line, but just like again his poison, the way he was operating the offense like there is He's gonna have an awesome future with him. But the Commanders, they have not been ten and five since nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 4: And you look at Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 3: They trusted him to throw the ball thirty nine times against one of the better defenses in the league against the Eagles, and for him to have that last drive, he just he shows you that he is going to be that franchise quarterback. And the way he wrote that one in there on the touchdown, it was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the Commanders here.
Speaker 3: I think this game is kind of it makes me nervous going Commanders because again it's going to be Pinicks a second game, and he was as solid as he looked in the first game, but again he was beating up on the Giants. I like the Commanders traveling down to Atlanta because again, the Commanders are still fighting.
Speaker 4: It is kind of dictated.
Speaker 3: I want to say they're the seventh seed right now. They would need the Packers to lose a couple of them, but you're fighting for the playoffs. You're coming off of that big time emotional win.
Speaker 4: You got McCloy, you got.
Speaker 3: Terry Scary, Terry scar Terry, You've got the run game, that they have an athletic offensive line.
Speaker 4: I think they handled this game, and I like I like Washington on as five.
Speaker 1: It does. It does worry me because the Commanders are being handled until Jalen Hurts went down and then I don't know if it was an emotional thing or was it they were taking a little bit of a deep breath, Hey, we gotta get this guy right, and then all of a sudden they started to come back and they end up inevitably winning that game. I like the Commanders. We've been high on Jayden Daniels all year. That's been that's been both of us. We've both been a fan of him, and I've I've kind of already said it before you start talking to Michael Pennix. I love how what he came out and did. Obviously, you know, Kirk Cousins has been probably an incredible mentor. You see the way he operates and handles himself, even in situations like a defeating situation like this, I'm sure he's being great. The penis showing him what he's learned throughout the years, and I think he'll be very successful and Atlanta should be excited about their future. Right now. The Commanders are motoring, They're they're moving a little bit, and to get a win against Philly, you know, an in conference rival that has been really just moaning. Everybody had a ten game win streak and put it away regardless of their quarterback going out or not.
Speaker 3: The quarterback went out, but they still win the game even with five turnovers.
Speaker 1: True, yeah is big and.
Speaker 3: What also too makes me a little nervous with this game. I think this game is going to be awesome to watch because the Falcons still have a lot to play for, Like they can still win the division the way the way the Bucks just lost to Dallas, like they do have a lot to play for. I'm just kind of going off of they beat up on a very bad Giants team, and I.
Speaker 4: Like the energy that Washing Washington has going into this game.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and Bobby Wagner getting hung up on the side of the sidelines. You see that, No, he like goes off to the sidelines and he like his cleats get tagged into those little like big cameras that they kind of roll up and down the sidelines. Yeah, and everyone's always like, hey, move back, move back. While the movement, I think through his asses and they're all hemmed up up in the air and all his boys is like five or six of them going to get him out, talking about team baby, get your boy, get your boy out of there, get him out of the the moment we're gonna to the g Yeah. I like I love Wagner, I love Luvu. That that defense is like just gotten better and better each week. I think they're sitting at eleven that's overall in total defense, and they started towards that twenty ish, like late teens range early in the year. They've just gotten better and better. I like him.
Speaker 3: You see that block that uh Jurgons had. He's the center for the for the Eagles.
Speaker 1: No, but please explains me in depth where I'm thinking about getting on the board.
Speaker 3: But they're double mugged up in the A gaps, so you know he's based off the point whichever he's got somebody they drop out, Yeah, third down, they drop out. Jurgons makes his way all the way around the left tackling, picks up somebody late coming off the edge.
Speaker 1: He was a free runner pop technique. Yeah, he was like it was.
Speaker 3: Like silky smooth, like tight behind the entire line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: I was insane them. You want to snake them. You don't want them to see you.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 4: How many video?
Speaker 3: Oh that's the video of the play, But how many centers do you feel I can do that?
Speaker 4: There's like, is this like a something that's easily done? They beautiful?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pop technique. So basically, let me go back. I want to see that one more time. Want to see the back's at.
Speaker 6: It's only if he uncovered correct, are the guard is uncovered?
Speaker 5: You can do that?
Speaker 3: Is he just thinking once his guy his backer and this left ey gap drops, he's looking to wrap it.
Speaker 1: So there's there's multiple different ways to look at that. One that could be a predetermined play call where you're gonna man up your guards and tackles, especially in a seven up look. A lot of times the seven up look. Think that could be a zero where you can do full slides left right in the quarterback knows he's hot off of one area and then have a hot route. But with the center, if you have a double mug look and both guys are popping, and you might have miked one of those backers. Hey, this guy comes. Most of the time, we're gonna mic him. When that guy drops, it's kind of like, hey, look and find extra work. A lot of times, if you're in that situation that would be a two jet. You would slide and bump your guard, who would bump your tackle, and your tackle would take the widest. But if you mic somebody, essentially all five of your offensive line are man on man and tackle whoever you might tackle end, so you know that everyone's accounting for him getting out and finding work Like that makes me think that that was kind of a predetermined thing because the slide not only to slide that gracefully, that beautifully we're talking about like poetry, emotion, dancing bear, but to get it behind tackles who tackles and guards who are also going backwards. I mean, if there's a good bullbus from that from that en, he ain't getting there. So that that's that's an impressive plays. That's a that's a nickel because you got everybody on their mother up and it's basically af it's the quarterback to go, you know what it is? Dude, it's third down. And the way third down meetings work, it's like obviously money down. So you sit there and you have a meeting in the offensive line room and they're going over all of the blitzes when they show this, look, this is what we're doing. When they show that, look, this is what they're doing, not to mention all the centers with there at five am already going over there with the quarterback. You leave that room, then you go into an offensive meeting room and you have that conversation where now you're going over the same exact place in the same exact order. Then you go out to walk through and you're looking through all of those plays and all that order. Then you get to practice and third down and they're showing the different variants of what they have. Then after that you're gonna go and do another walk through after practice. So that kind of stuff is beating your mind. It's like it's like getting ready for a test every single week, and that way. Uh yeah, Thursday is usually that third down day, like everything's focused on this right here. That's impressive.
Speaker 5: Movie, that's impressive.
Speaker 1: A little movement down below, I've seen that kind of ship and go to the category of football porn. That is beautiful.
Speaker 6: And he knew exactly, But most centers are the smartest old line is on the field.
Speaker 4: They especially they because he.
Speaker 6: Probably saw it and knew, like, oh, this is it right here backward, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Ben Jones would have known that it's happening. Ben Jones would not have gotten there, but.
Speaker 4: He would have happened. He would have.
Speaker 1: He would have started yelling my name in Rogers Affles and we would get out there. He can move, he can move, he move I guess, twinkling feet. I like that. A something that's beautiful about the show is how bad some of our takes are. I know I had one in college football last week that we can definitely talk about it a little bit. But one that did not age well was Will Compton coming out Justin Herbert two hundred and eighty four yards two touchdowns in an interception versus the Broncos. I got them in my Game of the week. Boys, I'm feeling douicy about it. They're playing the Patriots. Patriots have a dogshit defense. Their twenty twenty first overall and overall defense they play against the Bills go up fourteen to oh early on them, and then they kind of get stagnant. Don't have anything happening til the end of the game. Now, want to give some flowers to Drake. May boy takes a snap on the five yard line and fumbles. It drops that little boy decides, let's go and cradle that thing up like a grenade. Save your boys around you. Let's just take the swore in the chest and move forward. Next play he gets the little guy sliding out a little touchdown. Makes a game a little bit closer, because they were up twenty four to fourteen at one point. Makes you think, Holy Share, the Patriots back not so fast. No, they're not. The Chiefs are the Chiefs the Chargers. First off, the free kick was cool. That's really all I have to say about that. The free kick was cool. Chargers are down twenty one to ten at halftime. It's not looking good. The Broncos are really slightly slicing and dice of them all the way. Justin Herbert has a bad pick going into the second half and his two minute where he is on the goal line, it gets intercepted in the end zone and brought back out. So all the momentum is really on the Broncos on the Broncos sideline, they come out from half, they get a quick stop on defense, and they start motoring down the field and handling business. The way they do that is a culture situation to me. Now, I don't know if I have it here. Yeah I do. The Chargers are basically in the playoffs, which is a huge, huge tip of the cap to Harball what he's been able to do a team that was terrible last year and now at this point they have a ninety eight percent chance of players. Basically, you have to lose both of your games and fifty people have to lose also, so they're gonna make it. I like the Chargers. I think the Patriots are a little more slept on than their record shows. I think that. I think Drake May is a lot more talented than people think, and they'll have a great future with him potentially, but that's not gonna be this week. I really like Justin Herbert and the Chargers. I love the vibes. Yeah, I love the vibes of the Chargers. I feel really good about it. Their defense. For as many and big names they have, they're only ranked fifteenth, but being middle of the pack in the league is not necessarily bad. You're good enough right now. But when you got Joey Bosa, mag Derwin, James, who by the way, they put him all over the field over they having safety. They put him in a linebacker position multiple times.
Speaker 6: If it's a tight end, the best tight end, he gonna matching the whole game.
Speaker 1: But I like how the Chargers would move him around a bunch, and they brought him a lot of time in blitz, especially if they're down packages. Bo Nicks ultimate pro. You see him multiple times flipping sides two Jet three, j Hey, we're gonna flip this. We're gonna make this kind of the protection things we were talking about. But for a rookie to understand that and kind of have Derwin taken care of, taking care of as much as you can to carry James is pretty impressive. They got to him a few times. But I was impressed by the Broncos, not by the end of the score, but the way bo Knicks was handling himself. Give me the Chargers minus four and a half against the Patriots.
Speaker 3: At some point we got to start talking about Herbert being a top five quarterback.
Speaker 1: In the league. He's not wrong, bro.
Speaker 6: Mean well, I mean after this off season, they're gonna start talking about it. He's gonna start seeing big just justin Herbert everywhere.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you.
Speaker 6: Just going to the playoffs and just see how far they went. Going to the playoffs, that's when his name would get a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Watching the Bills their defense where they're at right now, giving up points to a team with the Patriots, I don't know if the Bills want to see the Chargers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can believe that will take the charge.
Speaker 1: Bro Josh Allen is amazing. That offense is incredible. I'm just saying, like their defense is a is tough to watch right now.
Speaker 5: They just started.
Speaker 4: They give him twenty one.
Speaker 1: Points to the Patriots. The two games before that forty points and forty You're right, like they're having a time. They're slowing down at the most important time to speed up a little bit. I like Bills Mafia. I like Bills Mafia, I do. I like you guys a lot. I worry about your defense.
Speaker 4: And but if the Chargers are.
Speaker 3: Playing playing the Bills in the playoffs, the Chargers will be traveling.
Speaker 4: Out the playing the Patriots. And I'm not saying they're like playing down.
Speaker 3: To that level, but when the playoffs hit, like their mentality is going to be peak. You saw Josh Allen after the presser yesterday talking about, you know, do you show a certain amount of plays going into the playoffs? Are you just trying to you know, you're still trying to fight for the one seed? Like how much are you trying to expose everybody else?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 4: Chiefs would have to go high plays for the playoffs. No, yeah, I don't at all.
Speaker 1: Where they sit out we we we've talked about this. A lot of teams have already like made their for the playoffs. They know where they're at, they know where they're saying. Very few teams are clamoring for like they move up a seat or not. A lot of teams are dead and there's a couple in the middle. When it comes to the Bills, essentially, the Chiefs have to lose both of their next games and they have to win both of their games, and so it's like, wait, so they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be oh yeah, Bills, they're still fighting. Like if the Chiefs lose the next two, they can potentially have.
Speaker 1: Home there with the Ravens and the Steelers. Though, because they're still they're still duking it out and they could snake it. If the Bills don't handle business, they could stink.
Speaker 4: Bills will handle business.
Speaker 1: I think they will.
Speaker 4: And to your point, like you're not going to empty the clip.
Speaker 5: Like no, I ain't gonna show you everything.
Speaker 4: Strategy against the Patriots.
Speaker 3: And people are talking about the little trip up by the Lions when they scored against two scores already.
Speaker 4: Like white Peter Schrager shout out the boy, Peter Schreger.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, is this Ben Johnson in front of Chicago showing them what he could do as a head coach.
Speaker 4: I kind of showing off a little bit when he's you know, how to play?
Speaker 1: And the play came about right, so they the When the Bears played the Packers, Jordan Love actually tripped and they thought they were going to do it, and they noticed that the defense all flowed up and he ended up getting the ball off to one of their tight ends or receiver. Didn't end up being a touchdown. But if you look at that play next to the Lion's play, it's the exact same play, the exact same motion.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 6: Well they did they did a wise sneak though he snuck across the dude, it's the same.
Speaker 1: It is the same play. It's like a loosey type of movement protection. You're faking the handoff and you're rolling around behind the right tackle and you should have your your play to the left side where your eyes are perfect. They faked that, so the Packers literally actually fell, actually fumbled, actually picked it up, and I got one off late. The Lions just pretended. I'll show you a clip too, because it's actually insane. I saw it this morning. It was like, holy fuck. They actually planned that based off what they saw earlier in the season with Heal who Anyone who bet against the Lions last week, it is dumb. How could you fucking bet against the Lion?
Speaker 4: That is crazy?
Speaker 3: But I do I like your Charger's bake And if you want some data to back it up, Hardball is twenty six and seven against the spread as a favorite by six points or less.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, that's my dog, well said mine's. I'm gonna go uh Packers at the Vikings.
Speaker 5: Both teams are.
Speaker 6: Being has been good this season, you know, I mean, moving the ball well, playing well. Quarterbacks are playing well. But I gotta go with the Packers. I gotta take the Packers plus two. And the reason why I'm taking the Packers plus two is because the Vikings are the third worst team in the league against the past and Jordan, oh my god, Jordan Love right now is blowing up right now.
Speaker 5: His passing game has been incredible.
Speaker 6: He's been taking off these last few weeks, and I just don't think they can stop Brandon Jacobs.
Speaker 5: Did I say Joshobs?
Speaker 4: Brandon Jacobs. Do y'all remember Brandon Jacobs? Yeah, he used to take souls out there on the field. Yeah.
Speaker 5: God, I don't know what I thought about.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, you got those two guys on offense moving right now. The defense is playing good enough where you know they can may hold the Vikings a few few points. But you gotta know, the Vikings only been winning these games, squeaking by winning games right now. They getting the job done, but they're barely winning games, and I don't think they're gonna be able to do that with the Packers and they defense and that offense coming together, especially, I know they they both on the line of being in the playoffs and clinching that. So the Packers got to show up this week. I think this's gonna be a big game for them to go out there and beat the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this game is gonna be electric. I'm just going over here. I don't know how to pick this game because they both they both run the ball well, they both play well on defense, They're both both sides defensively, they're opportunistic, go on getting takeaways. Yea, but yeah, I don't necessarily I'm gonna stay away from the spread on this, But.
Speaker 4: I do like the over forty eight.
Speaker 1: Over forty eight looks really good. I like the Vikings. Are they Sam Darnold, he still got his chrip on his shoulder. He says he got his PhD from Sean McVay and how to handle, how to understand offenses and everything like that. He's got something serious to prove right here. He wants a big contract coming up to the offseason.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get one.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get He's gonna get one. But I'm saying he's he's making statements. He's got that killer and see he got that redhead killers going on.
Speaker 4: Remember the floor.
Speaker 6: They all come from the same tree, you paying Donald, No, they they got a rookie.
Speaker 4: They waiting on him to get healthy. Why pay Donald? But you don't necessarily know exactly what you have with the rookie.
Speaker 5: But he was the starter until he got hurt out.
Speaker 4: He was the first round. True.
Speaker 1: Here's a good thing about Sam and Donald.
Speaker 3: He didn't get it. He didn't get a shot last year. Which team was he gonna last year?
Speaker 4: The Niners?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: From Kyle Shanahana, Yeah, yeah, the same.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, the Viki's are an interesting place because they could actually pay Sam Donald and see if it works out with JJ. Because Sam Donald's gonna have a hot market. You can go and trade him, give him, get him a team friendly deal, and then forty five million dollars year because as the quarterbacks are commanding right now, and just say, hey, we're going to keep you. We want to see if this guy develops. But you truly have you played, You've earned this contract. But just know that we we should be able to We can be able to trade you at any point if Sam is willing.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 1: But I'm Sam. I don't want to go to the Tennessee Titans and find a home win a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm gonna tell you right now, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If I'm thinking just purely unbiased, I'm thinking I gotta get the Nationville.
Speaker 6: They're not gonna give him a big deal, like long term deal, and I think that's what he's looking for right now, is a long term deal. So he's going to go to, like you said, either Tennessee, a team that needs a quarterback that's gonna give him a four year contract half his shit can't guarantee. Why stay with the Vikings where they probably say, we're gonna give you a two year contract or a one year contract.
Speaker 5: Let's see where you at. Because we did just draft a guy that's promising.
Speaker 6: We hope he can be our franchise quarterback, but we want to keep you just in case something happens.
Speaker 4: Do you want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: You know who's in the worst position right now? You know you don't want to be Jaj McCarthy because the expectation you're twelve and two or twelve and thirteen two. Excuse me, you don't want to be the guy taking over the ranks, like we just got rid of the quarterback that got us at this point. Now we all got to look at you and say, hey, brother, go get it. Done for us. You're like, holy fuck, I haven't playing a snap in the NFL yet.
Speaker 4: Well, he played for season.
Speaker 1: He hasn't played a snap of the NFL yet. I mean, you go to preseason, you get cut. Did you play in the NFL? No? Yeah, no, you have a couple of cool pictures with you in the uniform.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm telling everybody.
Speaker 4: Everybody too.
Speaker 1: You saw me five snaps third preseason game.
Speaker 5: Yeah you played.
Speaker 4: I played the whole game.
Speaker 1: But you go ahead, look at that four one K that credited season nowhere to be.
Speaker 5: Seen, nowhere.
Speaker 1: About.
Speaker 4: It's not there. But homies go back home. You're like, I probably look so good.
Speaker 1: Cut you, but you know it is like me like me, you know what it is.
Speaker 4: You got to play, and you got a shot in the NFL. You have to wear the jersey. You have to wear the jersey to keep the jersey.
Speaker 1: Is there anything sadder than seeing a rookie, undrafted rookie, not know that he's going to get cut, and then get cut and you see him crying walking out of the locker room. That ship broke my heart, every single me I know, not you, because you're fucking.
Speaker 5: The bro crying buddy here, like, why are you crying?
Speaker 1: His dream has been shattered?
Speaker 4: Don't walk in here?
Speaker 6: Then if you just got cut, take yours straight to the car. Why do they come in there and look?
Speaker 3: I'm like, because they had a relationship with you, or they thought they did. Many got this man has zero and you're going to say, what the trip? There's thirty one other teams out there.
Speaker 1: You never you never cried during the football game.
Speaker 5: Never.
Speaker 1: You know, he's not a Miami longest game in the NFL. I got knocked out, you broke your leg, walked in the room.
Speaker 4: I wasn't crying.
Speaker 1: I walked in the X ray room and held your head against my chest while you saw you was crying. Yeah, I cried. I knocked out. I know where I was.
Speaker 4: I was on morphine.
Speaker 1: You're still getting x rays. Was facing the way and they were taking X rays and I said, hey, bro, you good, and I put your I put you took that beautiful head of yours. I put it right here, and you just are weeping.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: You don't remember that, Remember that you got tough?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 1: Were talking about my dog.
Speaker 4: Was Lady.
Speaker 1: Lady left the Titans. He wouldn't even do walk throws in the turf.
Speaker 4: He would.
Speaker 1: He would bring a chair out with the big ass fucking shoes and just sit there. Na man, my knees man, my bat man, what we're doing, mister tough guy over here, and never cried his like a kid, you'll walk through.
Speaker 4: I practiced on the grass.
Speaker 6: If they went inside, I'm like, you know, this ain't gonna work for me, and they'd be like you good, chill.
Speaker 5: I'll be like, all right, good, I mean.
Speaker 4: All right, she ain't gonna work for me. Yeah, it ain't gonna work for me. We need new turf. I used to say that.
Speaker 5: Then they get new turf, we get cut, they get new turf.
Speaker 1: Great Ballsy pet to a bi pick segment brought to us by Fireball. The Ballsy Pro Pick of the Week is sponsored by Fireball. Just said it, I'll say it again. Fireball is a perfect shot for game day, whether you're buying the steaky little shooters before going into the stadium or going big with the Fireball keg af for your tail gate, where it's a pregame shot at tailgate law or a salvatory touchdown shot at the bar. No matter what, it's guaranteed to ignite your game day. Uh, I fucked up my ballsy picked. I didn't realize I fucked it up, but I fucked it up. That's on me. Hand up accountability. I no, I was going on Seattle six. I was moving the word and a half. Okay, alright, Seattle six and a half. So Seattle's favorite. Most of you guys, try to put your little hats up. Look at the text to the locker room.
Speaker 4: But you're saying that Seattle. The line is that monastery.
Speaker 3: Right now, you're gonna move it to miney six and a half plus odds.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be your balls.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be my ballsy pick. We've already talked about Seattle. We've already talked about Bears. Know that it's there, Enjoy it, love it, taste it, put in your mouth. It taste delicious. Though, boys, what you got?
Speaker 5: I go for it because the Titans and Jaguars game.
Speaker 1: Is and it's a one point spread, so that's a very un bringing I mean, come on, man, what do you want to meet?
Speaker 4: It was early.
Speaker 3: Just going to pick this game is there's one hey, just going to pick this game is both.
Speaker 1: This is a there's one note on here for MS cars. It's maybe the toilet Bowl, I mean holy ship.
Speaker 4: And that's literally what it is. But I'm taking Titan's money line Rudolph.
Speaker 6: I think with Rudolph as the as the quarterback, we can get the job done.
Speaker 5: You gotta look at what he did last week. Even though they Kenny Moore.
Speaker 6: They still put up almost had a chance to win the game.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the commentaris in that game. Yes, So when he threw that pick to Kenny Moore, which by the way, right in his chest, right in his ch that's why they benched Will Levis. Those are Will Levis type of interception. Will Love was just taking bullets.
Speaker 6: And the and then you did you see they put tie for tie for most interceptions.
Speaker 4: Will Levis said, crazy, got.
Speaker 1: Our quarterback Jonathan Taylor going.
Speaker 4: Touch in the coach like you know, they don't want to throw the football.
Speaker 3: At all they want Yeah, they pulled.
Speaker 6: They pulled the running back at the second half they had to play.
Speaker 4: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: Actually, I do like to pick. I think the Titans will win.
Speaker 4: I think I like the Titans.
Speaker 1: He actually is way better, He's a way better. I feel bad saying that I will. It's a good guy for the show in front of the show. But yeah, listen, Garrett doesn't have a helmet.
Speaker 3: Be all right, you know I'm going Broncos Broncos money line against the Bengals. Bengals are favored by minus three and a half. But the Broncos got to get this one. It'd be their first time making the playoffs in twenty fifteen when Peyton Manning was the quarterback. And if you look at the Bengals, Bengals, their offense, Joe Burrow, it's gonna be it's tough to pick this game because of that offense. But as long as the Broncos win time possession, they run the football. They established the run game. Bow Nicks makes a few plays with his feet. We say it every week, his legs. But if you look at the Bengals, the only wins that they have on the season, they are on a three game win streak. However, those those wins the Cowboys, Titans, and Browns. There are other wins the Panthers, Browns, uh and the Giants.
Speaker 4: If okay, if you look at.
Speaker 3: Their losses, here's here's what I'm gonna categorize it. If you look at their losses Steelers, Chargers, Ravens twice, Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, Commanders. I think the Broncos fit that box more than they do who they've.
Speaker 4: Beat, So I'm going with the Broncos money line again.
Speaker 3: Tough loss against the Chargers last week when they blew that league, when they blew the lead, They're flying out to Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: They gotta have this game because they are in a.
Speaker 3: Race right now with the Chargers and who else Chiefs No, No, I mean yeah, Chiefs wanted when the Raiders are dead.
Speaker 4: Raiders are dead, but.
Speaker 1: Chargers are gonna make the playoffs. These two teams are kind of fighting for that that last spot because obviously have the Steelers and the Ravens in the AFC North. I was with the world I was looking up is like the Bengals chance to win the playoffs, they have to win out and a couple of things to happen. But like it's like that means like, how are you not dead? And it's like I don't know. And that's that's essentially the cinn'ta ati Bengals. They just continue to just somehow have a pulse for this season while everybody else is just getting bank left and right.
Speaker 4: I don't like the pick.
Speaker 1: I don't like to pick because all I see in my head right now is a fifteen yard line where Joe Burrow is laid out completely throwing the ball and hits his boy right in the chest. He just has a way of doing things. He gots boys katana samurai swords. You can get guys, would you rather have? Would you rather have a truck or a legitimate samurai sword?
Speaker 4: It was like a sign of respect right back the truck.
Speaker 1: From real battles that actually have stories.
Speaker 4: Who told him?
Speaker 6: I mean that that's what the Asian people told him when they sold them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but brought party.
Speaker 3: Said so that's what the Asian people told him when they sold them for probably two thousand.
Speaker 1: I think that the katanas are maybe the coolest gift I've ever said. No brought Purty out his boys toyotas, but it's like one of.
Speaker 4: The it's und he's probably sponsored by sponsor about Montana boy.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, he's sponsored about it.
Speaker 1: I do I think the I guess that's the reason.
Speaker 5: You rather have a sword than the truck that's paid for already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he can get him, I can buy myself a truck.
Speaker 5: We talking by ourself.
Speaker 1: But imagine having a samurai sworder with like a story, like some battlefield meeting, like, oh, who got that for you? Like when I played in the NFL, did my quarterback got that from me?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna Joe Burrow, who's wearing a gold jacket right now.
Speaker 6: Joe, I'm gonna go to the pawn shop and crackheare actually did use it in a fucking battle.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's it's a gift that you would never think to get yourself anyway.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of people who have summarized.
Speaker 4: Swords, Delanny, you've been.
Speaker 6: I just remember I think I have a summarai sword, but it's like it looked like a cane. It ain't the like you. You don't have the No, that's a summarize sword. You've never seen the Blind Ninja?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: What sitcoms out off this.
Speaker 6: Night about like nineteen ninety movie back in the day. He was blind, He was a ninja and he had a cane. But it's not called Daredevil.
Speaker 4: It's called the Blind Fury. Look it up, Blind Fury. Ain't no monitors out here to go man. He googled it.
Speaker 1: Shoot the show right.
Speaker 4: Nineteen Blind Fury. It was one of the movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would much rather have Sam. You can buy yourself a truck. You're pulling a new vehicle every week. I know that, like fits come to show you.
Speaker 4: Course, that's my money.
Speaker 5: I really use your money to get the truck black. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, guy, you know what Honker starts? Rapid fire?
Speaker 4: Yeah, rabbit fire.
Speaker 6: Hey yeah, I'll fuck that up.
Speaker 4: Literally. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry for all the Jewish people out there. I crashed that one. Sorry about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, sleep, it's a it's hard shoes to fill. Let's go with rapid fire. We got Cowboys at the Eagles minus seven over under forty two and.
Speaker 3: A half Cowboys, cowboys Bill the Eagles might be in trouble.
Speaker 1: I know, Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Can you pick at Eagles?
Speaker 7: Jets at Bills minus nine and a half over under forty seven and a half.
Speaker 4: Under Jets. Wait, we skipped the Lions. That's why I love the Bills. We skipped the Lions.
Speaker 7: We skipped the lines.
Speaker 4: We'll go back.
Speaker 6: Oh uh, Bills, what's happening here?
Speaker 7: Fines minus four at forty nine ers over under fifty one.
Speaker 1: And a half Lions minus four Lions minus four lions the.
Speaker 7: Playoffs Panthers at Bucks minus seven and a half over under forty eight and a half bucks.
Speaker 3: Give me the Panthers Panthers plus seven and a half bucks.
Speaker 7: Cards at Rams minus five and a half over under forty nine Cardinals Ram.
Speaker 5: Five and a half rams.
Speaker 4: He's got the Panthers, I know, come back. They're dead.
Speaker 1: Come back and that's they got eliminated to cover to cover.
Speaker 4: Rams are rollingdazy.
Speaker 1: I don't need to hear some of you, guys, man.
Speaker 4: That's the last one.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: This last segment the Bet the Boys Parlay, presented by DraftKings. I love watching sports, but you know what makes it even better, haven't some skin in the game. And thanks to our partners at the DraftKings Sports Book, they are offering live betting, same game parlays and prop betting. You can even follow your favorite barsoo personalities by joining the barstool betting group on the app. Download the DraftKings Sports Book app now and sign up using our promo code locker.
Speaker 4: That is promo code locker only at DraftKings. The crown is your Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 5: James Cook.
Speaker 4: Really, I love hey, I love this parlay.
Speaker 1: And also you feel the way it's none.
Speaker 4: Just floating around.
Speaker 3: Let's go on a heater, Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, James Cook.
Speaker 4: Should we throw in? Should we throw in? Nope? Hey, just know? Should we throwing Mike Evans versus the Panthers? I love my.
Speaker 1: Because you got a little crumb, got yourself a little slice of bread.
Speaker 4: Let's eat the whole pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's eat the whole pie by just get more food every We got three nice picks here, Jonathan Taylor, Sakuon Barkley, James Cook. That one feels good. You feel that that's a fresh.
Speaker 4: Pie because James Cook went in last.
Speaker 1: Listen, I mean.
Speaker 6: Games is still he's still the starting running back right now.
Speaker 5: I'll he got the third most touchdown.
Speaker 1: Gibbs, why not? Did we hit one parlays bust with the boys?
Speaker 3: Parlays and four lager Jonathan Taylor, James Cook, Jamiir Gibbs and Saquon.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take it quick break. When we come back, we're gonna talk college football, bull season, boys, bulls, and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back to the locker room. It is bowl season and before we jump into these games, we are brought to you by DraftKings. Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way to my partners at DraftKings. The holidays are here, and my partners at DraftKings have the perfect gift for you right now.
Speaker 4: All new DraftKings customers.
Speaker 3: Who bet just five dollars will get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. If your bet wins, just download the Draftings Sportsbook Gap and sign up using our promo code locker.
Speaker 4: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Fellas the college football playoff, Yeah, every home team beat their ass, beat.
Speaker 1: Their ass, and there's a massive exposure at the break A little bit confish about Kirkirbsheet was going on. Kirk had a good take. He was talking about the best teams and the most deserving teams, and that's the kind of his take. He was a following shuit with SMU and Indiana, especially because Indiana had a eleven win season. However, the teams that they played, he said, they weren't real teams, Like you need to look at these other teams that played a better competition and then put those guys in the playoffs. This is my take on college football right now. I think the Bulls were about to talk about I hate doing this at the show. It's dumb because we're now in a situation where nil is in a tough spot. The transfer portal is in a tough spot because you literally have players like Penn State their backup running back. He decides to enter the transfer portal. He doesn't want to leave the team in case Penn State wins. He knows he have a better opportunity, but because the portal is open right now, he has to essentially leave to go to a new team. Now, Penn State goes on a run. Their defense keeps playing the way they are, and the offense can start keeping up a little bit. They have a real shot to win the national championship. But so like the transferport is in a weird spot, and then these bowl games are also in a real spot. Like you look at a lot of these games are multiple transfers, multiple opt outs, multiple guys not going and playing. I think the only two teams that have said they're playing was Colorado and BYU. Deon Sanders hits a press conference, he goes. We don't do opt outs. You have a Heisman Trophy winner and potentially a top five quarterback playing in that game, but not every college game is going. So when you look at some of the bowl games we're gonna talk about, it's like it's so hard to gauge an opinion on these things because like Michigan, for instance, your three best players are playing, you've had multiple transfers. Alabama's had thirteen transfers out out of there, So like we need to find a way to either. I think this is what I would do, and it's gonna make some coulorureball fans, Matt, because you're gonna get rid of some massive bowl games. But I think you do away with the bulls. I think the bulls are now a dying feature where there's something about sunset and passaging the California during the Rose Bowl, as the sun is going down over the horizon of those mountains and you pan over and you see a sea of one color and then half the other curl. That is beautiful. That is the college football that we all grew up knowing. But that is kind of dying. I think you need to expand this playoff to I don't know how many teams. I'm not a bracketeer. I don't know those things, but like get the playoffs with a big number, and right after championship week, go into the playoffs and scratch these relya quest these cheese at bulls, like if they want to sponsor it and play home fields, play bys, get you know, you get SMU. They they play somebody at home and then they have to go up north and they have to go out west. Like this is the college football is turning into the NFL, and the best way to do that is to match it the way the NFL is doing it. Because you see what happened during the playoff season. Those games were terrible. We watched this weekend. Notre Dame smacked Indiana, Penn State's defense, Penn State SMU through two pick sixes and a pick in the end zone. Uh Tennessee got fucking dog walked against a pissed off Ohio State team, which I hand up, I was totally wrong about that. And then finally it was Clemston, Texas. That game was competitive for the first series. When Clemson scored, coming.
Speaker 4: Back was coming back, came back, but it wasn't a close game.
Speaker 1: It was, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was closer than outside the first it was.
Speaker 1: It was the most competitive game of all four of those games. But I love the idea of I loved watching a SEC team travel up north and play a team in Columbus, Ohio. I loved watching s m U having to travel to Penn State during a wide out. You I think we should get away from the ball situation where it's like we have the historical rose bull and historical games, and let's buy into your team. Is going to see what this team's traditions are all about when you step into their building. Now it's a whole it's a whole different ballgame, and that excites me a little bit more about college football.
Speaker 4: But it's tough going.
Speaker 3: Back to your very first thing with the with what Herbstreet was saying, Yeah, you were talking about most deserving and the best and best teams. Are you saying like the criteria should change because then you went into the nil.
Speaker 4: And porter and then let's do it with games. Right.
Speaker 1: So the way I think Mkirk was alluding to was if you have the teams of the best records, it's like, Okay, Indiana, they were eleven and one the teams they beat. The one team they played that was ranked was Ohio State, and that that game was not competitive at all. Then you look at I mean, JP is sitting right in front of me. You look at a South Carolina team who gets hot at the end of the year. They win their last six games. They take Alabama down the wire, who's been, you know, has dominated college football landscape forever. They lose to LSU by one play and the only bad loss they really have was an ole miss. You look at a team like that who's maybe a little bit more deserving. They're hot at the right time, they're doing what they're supposed to do, but they have three losses. It's like, how do we get Maybe these teams that deserve to be in for I'm sorry, these teams that are the best should be playing against the best, as opposed to, well, this team had the best records, so they should get in and don't look at necessary who they played.
Speaker 5: Well, we used to do that.
Speaker 6: I think it's changed over the years because people like, how does an undefeated team not make it to the playoffs? So I think that's what that criteria is. Who was undefeated, didn't I'm talking about years.
Speaker 1: Probably you see years, you see a couple of years ago they champions.
Speaker 3: But it's like how far do you expand it? Like I don't necessarily hate the bowl game scenario. I think you just got to move the portal till after the season. The teams will still get to participate in a postseason game where you know you're able to develop younger cats, more and everything else, because yeah, the portal, with the portal being open right now, it makes all these bowl games like as far as like gambling goes and picking these games very hard because you don't know who's playing, right, but I don't you know, we're kind of a victim of the criteria. It's like, how do you know who's the most deserving and who the best teams are? Because how do you argue an Indiana team or an SMU, especially with Tennessee getting whipped. Yeah, absolutely, it's like how do you look standing and make it better because at the end of the day, you see which teams, Like if you look at the NFL, the teams who have now obviously the Chiefs wiped that away, but when you guys beat the Ravens and was that twenty nineteen, But any team who has a bye week. You always wonder when they're in the playoffs, they're having a bye week hurt them, Like having that much more time off. These seventeen to twenty two year old kids are getting like a month off to prepare for these games, and you see which teams handled the urgency, handled the focus better. Because I'm sitting there watching, I'll tex with a jack about it too. I'm sitting there watching the Tennessee game, and I'm thinking of my head, I wonder how many of these kids actually give a fuck that they're losing right now because the portals open because of the nil and everything else.
Speaker 4: To me, you just.
Speaker 3: See the teams that handled their business for those four weeks and kept that focus going on. Because you're sitting there, you're looking at Oregon, Arizona State, Boise State, and in Georgia where it's like, hey, it could be a benefit that these teams got to play in the first round because they're not having so much extra time off. Like by the time these teams play, who had the bye week, it's gonna be what five weeks, six weeks, Like it's it's somewhere like they're gonna have a lot of money and handling. Again, we talk about just having one by week with the NFL.
Speaker 4: Playoffs, the kids are having all that time, but keeping.
Speaker 1: That focus is gonna be there's there's always the products.
Speaker 3: Always the product is not like these games might be closer, Like you look at like old Miss Alabama South Carolina, who could have deservingly been in the playoffs and made it a lot more spicier, But it's it's very hard to kind of dictate. The one thing I do think these are change is you just take it the one through twelve teams, the top four it would have been Texas, it would have been Texas, Oregon, Oregon, Penn State, and they just have their bye weeks and then the rest you know, you're having.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're having more of those teams.
Speaker 1: I like expanding it with four more teams, and I like starting it. And I haven't put a whole lot of thought on this because it is we're one two days since like the first playoffs have been played. Yeah, but it just it seems like they really didn't have it all figured out or put together. Because if you go on the other side of like, hey, having the most deserving teams in, it's like how are you calculating all that? And then the snubs get even bigger. I think you make it a little bit bigger. As soon as the championship weekend is over, that next week is the first round of the playoffs. You're playing the next week, and then those first teams have their buy and so on and so forth. So you're playing all through December and you're finishing the season in the middle of January like it is right now.
Speaker 6: But what about the smaller schools like this whack conference and all the other conference they don't get a bowl, like, they.
Speaker 4: Don't get a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can keep all games for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: That's what I give them. You got to give them something.
Speaker 1: Cheese, a bullpen, whatever you have that.
Speaker 5: I like that idea.
Speaker 1: But the I love the idea of the playoffs being played at the college stadiums that the teams that who deserve it true because you showed out your organ your issue, you're traveling. It's like, Yo, you want that home game. You want that you want to feel like a house state or Penn State where you're like, yeah, come into our fucking house and see what happens. Because I mean, I was this morning I was talking to a couple of Tennessee fans and they're like, is the worst fan base I've ever been around. And the part of me is like, yeah, yeah, I hate hot State. But also it's like, now you Southern people know, hey, big thing goes fucking hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was all Orange.
Speaker 6: I mean fans, but in the game yet happen.
Speaker 1: Imagine a playoff game in Nebraska count middle of December.
Speaker 5: Nuts crazy, they ain't got ship going round.
Speaker 1: I liked. I liked the idea. I like the idea of having all the playoff games played at home stadiums and then obviously have the national championship at the Rose Ball. Haven't have that prestigious like old game. That's just my thought. That's just you expanded sixteen.
Speaker 3: Like those teams gonna be getting a bye week to be playing home field Avandyeah.
Speaker 5: Like you said, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, I mean yeah, because you would like to see you know, South Carolina was hot at the end of view they was you're seeing Bama. You know, Bama's on the was on the outside screaming about it too. You can see a Bama takes here, but you can see old Miss Lane Kippin's.
Speaker 4: Out there tweeting every game. Yeah, that Tennessee one. That's when he got a little quiet.
Speaker 1: It all came together for him. Tennessee would have just done anything but talk about it.
Speaker 3: Alabama favorite minus eleven versus Michigan over unders forty three. Half the teams are opted out portals going to the draft.
Speaker 1: Alabama's got thirteen players in the portal, Colston Lovelin, Mason Graham, Will Johnson for University of Michigan not playing. They declared for the NFL Draft. I think the big game changer in this game is Jalen Milroe decided to play. I think when you see Illinois and Illinois quarterback who will talk about a little bit. He does a good job kind of being a dual threat quarterback a little bit, but it's nothing compared to Jalen Milroe. Domo has got incredible numbers. I think this is a game where you look at Alabama and you're like, yeah, like they'll probably handle business here. I'll take Michigan plus eleven. But Michigan seems like they're focused on twenty twenty five. It seems like they're like, we got our quarterback. They're working hard in the transfer portal. They know where they lacked last year coming off the National Championship win, is we didn't get guys in that we had to get into replace the holes of losing eighteen guys to the NFL Draft. So I think the huge focus is really on let's get the players in so we can make a big run, an actual run at a possible playoff spot, a Big Ten championship next year, and kind of get back to what we were doing a couple of years ago. So I don't like it. I don't think a lot of Michigan fans like it. I'll take Michigan plus eleven though, because that's where my heart lies.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't like the uh the Big ten in these matchups this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 3: I like Bama minus eleven. I think Jalen Milroll he's the X factor. Also think Alabama has more depth than Michigan does.
Speaker 1: Even know half their depth left, Like the thirteen players going, it's just crazy back running back was a stud.
Speaker 6: But if they want to guys, I think there's guys that, like you said, backups, I'm going Bama minus.
Speaker 5: I'm taking Bama two. Do I mean, come on, it's probably.
Speaker 1: The right move. It is. It's like, uh, even when I talk to Michigan fans are like, cares you guys, that was essentially our super Bowl this year. We did it. It's like, let's get to next season. See what Sharan Moore is all about. Get this Bryce Underwood cat in here, get these other Cats from the transfer portal, and try to make a real run for real. Imagine if imagine if Michigan could turn off, turn back on throwing, that'd be crazy cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I got David Warren quarterback in this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six touchdowns, nine interceptions.
Speaker 3: Let's move on another big ten sec matchup, going into tier talk, the Tier one game of the week the Cheese at Citrus Bowls, South Carolina's favorite minus nine and a half against Illinois. The over runder on that game's forty eight. I'll go ahead and start. I think it's South Carolina. I think South Carolina this, you know, all the teams that will have portal moves and thinking about next year and everything else. I don't think that's South Carolina. I think that what Beamer has built culture wise there, I think they very much want to beat the breaks off Illinois and prove even more that they should have been in the playoff and stay hot. Like again, they have a lot of guys opting into.
Speaker 4: Play right JP Yep. I think South Carolina the I.
Speaker 3: Mean they got the defensive front to just be disruptive in the backfield. The Sellers is going to be a stud next year. Like, they got a lot of weapons that I just don't think Illinois can keep up with. So I'm going to game Cox minds.
Speaker 5: Nine and a half taking them too.
Speaker 6: I feel like South Carolina got something to prove again, That's why he said those guys playing, they want to go out there and on a great note. I think South Carolina beats Illinois.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Illinois nine to three this year only eight time in program history, a bit of a historic season for the fighting line up.
Speaker 4: I mean, Illinois, it's tough.
Speaker 3: I just don't think they have I just don't think they have the cats to keep up beside.
Speaker 1: Bred Bilima Breeds a tough, hard news football team. You know all about that, Yeah, you know about that. Luke Altmeyer great with the RPOs. You get the ball out of his hands quick. He's got a little razzle dazzle on his footsteps. When he gets a little east and west, guy looks kind of good. Maybe they make it interesting. Give me, uh, give me South Carolina covering this time. I think Sellers is going to dominate. I think I think it's really it's it's this is a South Carolina the culture.
Speaker 4: That they are breeding over there.
Speaker 1: That's a team that's pissed off about not being the playoff as a team that wants to make a statement. They're not going to take the soft way out that Florida State ended up taking the last last year, Forrest had a huge opportunity to really punch Georgia in the nose and say, hey, we should have been in there. He went undefeated. Who cares if our quarterback got hurt? South Carolina their quarterbacks healthy, Their running back Rocket if he does play, they're young.
Speaker 6: Defensive line playing he's not playing.
Speaker 8: Rocket and Kyle Kinnard are out.
Speaker 4: But those are the only two.
Speaker 1: You see here my hands that right here that I not to go back to this defensive line stunts, They fly around the ball. They took Oklahoma, they stuffed them down. They put their face on the pillow. They told them, what's what I expect them to do? The same with Illinois. It's gonna be a tough bowl season for the Big Ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, JP, you have anything to add.
Speaker 8: Mainly, I just think it's gonna be the best non playoff bowl game because I think Illinois bought into having a ten win season. South Carolina's bought into having a ten win season, and ultimately I think Will's right, like we have more guys than them and our buy in. Of course, I'm more in our world. It doesn't really seem like Illinois has any fans on the internet because I never.
Speaker 5: See them.
Speaker 4: Place to get you can't wake them up.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, I see our guiy Demetrius Knight. He's our linebacker. He's like a fifth six year guy, came from Georgia Tech. But he's got two kids. And they asked him like, why are you opting into the bowl game? Like you're probably gonna be a Day two or three draft guy. He's like, man, I got kids. I want to I don't want them to be able to pull something in my life and say like, well you didn't finish what you started back to college, so we have to do it. He was like, it's not the message I'm sending. I'm like that's who I want my team.
Speaker 4: That's a message too.
Speaker 3: Like South Carolina, they seem to be one of the teams with all the external noise that goes on with the portal and nil and who should be here? Who should be there? Like I feel like Beamer's got them focused on finishing the mission. And then again, a ten one season is something to very much be excited about, catapulting you in the next year.
Speaker 5: JP.
Speaker 1: I agree with most of the things you said. I think when it comes to the best bowl game, that's on the list, but it's not this game. But we'll get to it in a second.
Speaker 4: Oh is it is it? The next one? Is it? Is it?
Speaker 3: Iowa Missouri Missouri favorite by three and the trans Perfect Music City Bowl right here in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: The answer to that is no, it is no. Definitely, this game is gonna be brutal to watch. It's gonna be You think about Iowa football, You think about Iowa football, You think about a strong defense. You think about a strong, hard nosed running game, running backs that get downhill right with the South mid.
Speaker 3: Zones quarterbacks the ball. They can win with only five first downs in a game.
Speaker 1: That's it. Now, Iowa was hey, I was running back second in the nation and rushing He's got fifteen and thirty seven boy, fifteen hundred and thirty seven yards rushing about twenty one tds, only behind Ashton genty stud. Right, you feel pretty good about them against Missouri. You would if he was playing, but he's not. He's opted out. Missouri's got three players that also opted out. Luther Burden, he's he's their best wide receiver, he's a stud. Their right tackle, he also opted out. And then Brett Norfleet, poor guy, he got a little up, a little surgery. He won't be able to play in game. They got a bunch of guys just running to the portal, right now, Iowa, they you know what, shout at Iowa. They've really turned around their program. When it comes from an offensive standpoint. They're scoring twenty four point nine points a game. But that's also beyond the running back that's not playing in this game. It's just transports transfort It's it's wild. Missouri's got eleven guys in the transfer portal. It's wild. The only thing that tells me Missouri in this game. Brady Cook, he's playing in the game. He had high expectations going into the season. He got hindered with ankle and wrist injuries throughout the season. Now when we talk about having long breaks, that's the type of guy that needs a long break. He gets it, he gets healthy. And I suppose Missouri's gonna win this one. That's how I feel. That's my confidence, I suppose. But it's really like, you know, when you lose your best player at Iowa, who is really your team? You run the ball? I mean, I can't remember who what his name is. I know I wrote it down somewhere. But Iowa's quarterbacks coming back. He oh, he got hurt. He had a bad time. He got hurt against the UCLA. One fact, he threw for three und and forty four yards the entire season, two touchdowns and one interception. Nothing to get excited about there. But he's back. We're excited about that.
Speaker 6: Missouri, Yeah, yeah, I'm going to miss This's gonna be an ugly as all these opt outs, it's gonna be ugly.
Speaker 5: I'm taking Missou to win this game as well.
Speaker 3: Tier three the Alimobile the Valero Alamo Bowl b YU versus Colorado. Colorado favored by minus five and a half the over unders forty five or forty four, fifty four and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the fuck.
Speaker 4: I don't know, bro, I think Colorado.
Speaker 1: This game, this to me is the best bowl game. This is the best ball game. Uh I alluded to it earlier. Deon Sanders sits in a press commas is we don't do opt outs here. It's easy for some bullshit ask school to say, hey, we don't do opt outs, but this team has a top five quarterback of top five pick at quarterback, excuse me, and the Heisman Trophy winner. Who is the internet coming? This is a very unique inter conference bowl game. Very rarely do you have two teams from the same conference playing BYU and Colorado are both teams that they believe should have been playing for the Big twelve Championship. They both had opportunities to get in the Big twelve Championship and they both ship down their leg unfortunately, and for that reason, they ended up in this bowl game. Both teams. You look at their there is a report. Both teams look pretty healthy, not a lot of transfer portal guys. Both of them were sneaking in that top fifteen, top twenty five category. Both teams want to make a statement in the Big Twelve. They see what Asu did. They were ranked to be bottom of the barrel in the Big Twelve, and they found themselves in a bye week going into the Cultural Wall playoffs with a chance to win the national championship the Big Twelve. They got themselves a good bowl game here. I'm excited about this one. This is this is gonna be a fun one to watch because you get to see kind of the history of what's gonna happen. Does Deion Sanders stay, does he go? I think Deon's gonna stay for a couple of years. But if you're a Big Twelve fan, you're gonna enjoy this game. I'm gonna take Colorado. I think if you gonna have your players play play in the game, they're gonna opt in. You're gonna opt in, You're gonna have full buying because once, once you're being told you're going to play in the game, which seems like that's what Dion does as a head coach. Your first thought is, fuck, I really don't want to play this game. I radigate for the NFL. Then your next thought is, I gotta put good tape out here, because I am a top five pick. I am a Heisman Trophy winner. I need to make sure people see me still ball out and this he gets a Big Twoll opponent, so I expect them to come out firing. Give me Colorado in this one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like Colorado too. I think this may be dion last season at Colorado. That's just me talking, you know. I do think he's staying after his sons are gone.
Speaker 4: I think he stays.
Speaker 1: I think he stays too. But Cowboys, you think he goes to an NFL job at Colorado.
Speaker 6: Now I'm taking Colorado. I don't know if he's gonna stay. I just I just think that his opportunity there is he did what he wanted to do. Now he can move on to bigger and bigger, better things. I mean, he is in the Big twelve. Reading this, it says that he's still affiliate with the Mountain Mountain Bowl.
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 6: No, I'm talking about they saying that they're members of the PAC twelve, but they still Yeah.
Speaker 7: From the previous year they were in the PAC twelve and b YU. The previous year was in the Big twelve, and so the contract with the Alamo Bowl was contracted through this year of a Pac twelve team playing a Big twelve team, And so that's how it worked out that Colorado and by you could play with each other.
Speaker 1: So that's why you're finding two Big twelve teams playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, find the Conference Bowl. I like Colorado. I just like a pissed off Travis Hunter. I'm gonna tendant that game just to watch fireworks.
Speaker 4: Why would he be pissed off?
Speaker 1: People are shipping on him his girl?
Speaker 4: This is about his This is about his girl.
Speaker 6: It ain't about him being a shitty football player. It's about his girl.
Speaker 3: But you know, he's decided to go out there and just show out, like just have some random chip on his shoulder to go out there for.
Speaker 1: The best ones always do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I wouldn't use my girl as you know, as a chip if I would have lost the heisman or something like that. Maybe, But his girl, being who she is, I feel like that plays more part in his head because now I feel like people are gonna be holding signs up like with his chick twerking on.
Speaker 1: Mormons to go out there saying with nasty signs.
Speaker 4: Mormons.
Speaker 1: Mormons are brutal, Mormons are every Mormon I've ever been around the nicest people. All that pent up to stop.
Speaker 4: What kind of Mormon you was around?
Speaker 1: Well, there was one kid. He was like a twenty five year old rookie when.
Speaker 4: That was not a thing. It's a normal thing, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: There's a couple I knew a couple of people in high school that were Mormon, super nice. Great. He actually did a fake handshake with one of them one time. The Mormons have a thing where like they have temples and levels, and the higher level you get that you learn a handshake. And I found out about one of those handshakes and I did it. That's the only time I saw that Mormon mad didn't go well for me.
Speaker 7: I have a question for delaying. Does it change his pick at all? Knowing that BYU's quarterback is the only Jewish quarterback and college football?
Speaker 1: Wow, he now he going to a Mormon school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you riding no Jewish brothers.
Speaker 3: You say it's the best game on the slate, It's not even the best game of the day. Eleven am Kid Straight Bowl Boston College Nebraska Nebraska favorite by three.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that Spring I bet that game the minute the odds came out and I sent it to you. I said, go big Red. I am fired to put.
Speaker 4: That game you made. I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that game is not competitive. I'm hoping, like I don't like Bill O'Brien. I love Nebraska for you and the hospitality they give us. I love Matt ruhle I, I love Dylan.
Speaker 4: Like those guys.
Speaker 1: That's a good, solid ball club. And for them to go and put Bill O'Brien in his place, that's just extra. That's a cherry on top for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not.
Speaker 4: A pin strike.
Speaker 1: But we are the top.
Speaker 4: We won't.
Speaker 5: We won't.
Speaker 1: Here he goes again, Here he goes again, we won't.
Speaker 5: All right, this ain't gonna be I ain't gonna have no I just what's.
Speaker 4: The all right then?
Speaker 3: But just I don't say if you think Nebraska is gonna win, your you're gonna win.
Speaker 4: All right, We'll see what happens. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: It just means when you sit there, I do I think the brask gonna win, but I think the Brest win. I want the breast wind. I betted Nebraska to win. I want it for me, I want it for your family's mental health. I wanted for Nebraska in general.
Speaker 4: But where do you go? Oh? We will?
Speaker 1: I just think, all right, kiss of death. I watched the Chiefs every single year with the Super Bowl on the back of your all rights.
Speaker 4: You're saying, all right, like, okay, does that mean they're gonna lose. No, I'm like, don't worry, we'll handle.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be like yeah, because he like he like you on it, like.
Speaker 1: Like dude, some of our Ballsy pick Ball the Ballsy College pick Up the Week sponsored by Fireball fire Balls, a perfect shot for game day, whether they're buying those stinky little shooters before going to the stadium or going big with Fireball keg for your tailgate where it's a pre game shot and tailgate lot or celibratory touchdown shot at the bar, no matter what, it's guaranteed doing night, your game day.
Speaker 5: What balls college game?
Speaker 3: You come up with very conservative three leg parlay, very conservative conservative plus one forty two odds here, but this is.
Speaker 4: My fireballs plus one.
Speaker 5: You're gonna go.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go, uh Nebraska money line, Alabama money line in South Carolina money line.
Speaker 5: I'm winning plus it.
Speaker 1: Out of respect for Blue I'm gonna stay away listening.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see that.
Speaker 4: I don't I understand.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna stay away. It'll probably hit and.
Speaker 4: You take Michigan.
Speaker 5: So it is what.
Speaker 1: It's a Michigan plus eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean trust me.
Speaker 1: I did the whole plus twenty more money line against twenty one odds, worked out yea his light lightning strike twice. I will say this about Alabama, Michigan. The winged helmet strikes fhear in Alabama so they could shot down their leg. They saw what they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah what god je what you got helmet?
Speaker 1: Other than the playoff game?
Speaker 7: The last time Michigan in Alabama played in this exact bowl game, it didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you're only as good as your last meeting, right for sure? Michigan got dog walk Oh really, put on the leash, walked around the block of.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's hit our fan call in parlay this week bait shout out to the winner call of Fame the boy Matt he won last. We got the fan calling this week, presented by True Classic h Taylor. Go ahead, stand up, show off your true classic gear. I got a true classic t shirt. Delaney Rocket two. Taylor's got the jeans on. You hit some a three to fifteen squad today, show them that ass. The True Classic team is sending out codes to hook you up with True Classic, so be sure to give them a shout out in our comments here and on our socials using hashtag true Classic. Caller for a chance to win, upgrade your wardrobe and save on True Classic at true classic dot com.
Speaker 4: Let's tune into the span callin parla.
Speaker 2: What's up, bus and boys? It's read happy Holidays. Let's go for a walk. Look, fellas, we got to give these people a holiday parlay on DraftKings right, first leg, Derreck Henry anytime touchdown Christmas Day game. You're gonna be too busy opening presence and dealing with the weird in laws and family members to go look at the TV. All I gotta do. Pull up your phone. You see Dereck Henry's in the end zone. Boom onto the next leg. Thursday Night, the twenty six Seahawks Bears JSN anytime touchdown. Look what the Bears gave up against the Lions, Look what they gave up against the Vikings. You don't think Jasn's getting in the end zone boom. Then you get a nice little couple of days of rest, you know, recovering whatever New Year's Day. Georgia Bulldog's money line over Notre Dame, Three Legs, Dereck Henry anytime touchdown, j s N anytime touchdown, Georgia Bulldog's money line, Happy Holidays, DK partner.
Speaker 3: Think you read Jones Derek anytime touchdown, touchdown.
Speaker 4: You will have to wait a couple of days for Georgia Notre Dame.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I like.
Speaker 4: The parlay, like the par.
Speaker 1: From him.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, that's that's your boy. Is that your boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I could tell you a couple of you got a couple of barrels in his house? Doesn't he just decomposing some bodies out there?
Speaker 4: Take a walk?
Speaker 5: I say, that's what you said.
Speaker 6: Yes, I could tell y'all weird or like like they're saying.
Speaker 4: By, hey, you you got some serial.
Speaker 1: Haircut Jared your family coming in town.
Speaker 4: I he was going on last week.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm not shaving my head or the paraly doesn't hit. I'm growing my hair out. What I got.
Speaker 6: You was trying to get the Taylor Lawan for sure, you're trying to get you a tailor trying.
Speaker 4: To do right here.
Speaker 1: Brother, you're trying to pop one of these.
Speaker 4: Boys married Christmas.
Speaker 1: You'll do that, all right, done, boys, Merry Christmas, Happy thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 3: Make sure you want comments and make sure you're subscribed to the show.
Speaker 4: We will see you next week. Happy holidays from
Speaker 1: The boys t make trying to get