Speaker 1: Second date update.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys like a woman who's down to get dirty.
Speaker 1: Oh you're darn right.
Speaker 2: Job.
Speaker 1: Where do you find someone like that? Like Brooks Hometown?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, Craigslist of course, pole over back at Brooks Hometown.
Speaker 1: We already covered that.
Speaker 2: But no, our listener Justin found his special dirty lady Brooks Hometown.
Speaker 3: No hometown hometown isn't big enough for craigs.
Speaker 2: Not her in the community garden deep in literal.
Speaker 1: Dirty, like really dirty, Justin, you like a dirty girl? Hug that laugh?
Speaker 4: Is that the reason why you're on the phone with us? Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's uh. Yeah, we did not meet on a dating app. Shocker.
Speaker 4: Okay, you met over a flower bed.
Speaker 1: Ye's kind of romantic.
Speaker 5: She was uh planting veggie pee, carrots whatever.
Speaker 1: Some nice bulbs. Can we know what her name is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Katie, Katie.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a sweet girl.
Speaker 3: I don't frequent community gardens, but I assume people who do go there often right to tend.
Speaker 5: Well, you have to take care of your right.
Speaker 3: So is it something where you'd seen Katie multiple times before you actually went up and talk to her.
Speaker 5: Yes, the first time I actually got the courage to talk to her very casual, and I did. We did not exchange numbers or anything. It's more like talking about garden. And I asked her what she was planting. She's telling me Veggie, Oh wow.
Speaker 1: You got right into the Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got right into the dirt.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 6: So then I.
Speaker 7: Saw her a day or two later, she was back at the garden.
Speaker 5: So then I went out her and I was like, oh yo, how how's the radishes? And that got like a little chuck off from her.
Speaker 4: Okay, look at you, mister humor.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I see what the joke is.
Speaker 5: Yes, she's thinking that I actually care which she was a planting, but I didn't. I just wanted to talk to her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Care about Hope she doesn't listen back to this if it works out.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I told her, like, you know, I have to be chatted. Then I got her number and I said, hey, there's a cute pub like a few blocks away if she wanted to go for a drink after.
Speaker 4: Oh look at you.
Speaker 3: Okay, were you talking this fast when you asked her to?
Speaker 4: Because you seem a little nervous right now?
Speaker 6: Was I talking?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: She's nervous.
Speaker 1: Let's girl comes off a little bit sexy. I think that's what Brooke was trying to.
Speaker 5: Say, rather sexy than nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, it's coming through right now, so tell it.
Speaker 1: So you took her to a pub.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it was cool. Everything's going great. But then the next day I texted her and nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, can we talk a little bit more about your time at the pub? Like was flirting happening?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Any?
Speaker 5: I mean, I try, Like, I don't know how good my game is, but I drive.
Speaker 1: It's working on us right now, dude, so keep going.
Speaker 5: I do have a confession, though, that I didn't tell her.
Speaker 4: Okay, decide the radish question that you didn't.
Speaker 1: Really care about?
Speaker 5: It wasn't we Okay, always say this. We I knew she was going to be.
Speaker 4: There, going to beware at the invited.
Speaker 5: Her guard at the garden.
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, my parents are on this dating app where parents kind of meet up with other parents to find dates for their single like young adults.
Speaker 4: Wait, that exists. There's a dating app for parents to meddle in their kids lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please do not tell us what the name of this, don't.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not telling you. But Katie's parents were in on it. Katie doesn't know, I think, but her parents were on and they're they're so down. They talk to my parents and I know this sounds strange.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm trying to This is a site where parents meet up with each other to figure out if their kids would be.
Speaker 1: A good match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're basically like it's basically like a range daity right. So, like, so you're saying Katie's parents told your parents, Katie will be at the garden from three to five, your son should show up.
Speaker 5: Then, Yeah, so I got a plot. I don't even garden. I don't know how to garden.
Speaker 1: Whoa, you don't even know how to garden?
Speaker 5: Not really, I mean I was just digging hole. I mean I was just like, I was digging holes in the dark, pretending.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, So you just got a plot to meet.
Speaker 5: Her sun hat? I got a sun hat.
Speaker 4: Kay didn't have to go that hard a bunch of water. Okay, so this would be fine. And if Katie knew her parents were doing this, but she doesn't know.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so, I mean, she didn't mention anything, and I just don't want to freak her out.
Speaker 4: At least your.
Speaker 1: Parents already approve of me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if her parents know that she's not responding to you. Now, how long has it been.
Speaker 6: It's been like about five days.
Speaker 4: And have you told your parents that she hasn't responded?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And her mother actually reached out tonight.
Speaker 4: Katie's mother reached out to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she said, I think you will be perfect for her.
Speaker 3: Now you want more people in on this, Like you've got two sets of parents already involved, and you want us involved.
Speaker 6: To me, I don't. I can't.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I can't have my own relationship. I don't know idea that extra.
Speaker 2: It's odd that the most natural thing in this entire situation is actually the fact that you're calling.
Speaker 1: A radio show to intervene in your data life.
Speaker 4: It's like, we're a community garden.
Speaker 3: We've got the radio, we've got the parents. We're just trying to grow a relationship here.
Speaker 2: It takes a tea Justin hates community gardens and doesn't care about.
Speaker 4: Them, so it doesn't know about it.
Speaker 6: But I will learn.
Speaker 5: I mean, if me and her go on more date I'll have her talk to me about the garden, like educate me.
Speaker 4: Nothing like faking an interest to get in with somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who doesn't do that.
Speaker 2: We're going to share that sentiment with Katie when we come back and call her and try and get.
Speaker 1: You a second date update right after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, dirty boy, Yes, second date update. We're in the middle of a second date call. And when we left, I told Justin that we'd call Katie and share the sentiment. And I'm seeing people texting in at seventy five nine two telling.
Speaker 1: Me, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't blow his cover about his parents matchmaking app Wait.
Speaker 4: You said that we were going to tell her that. I didn't hear that.
Speaker 1: That's not what I meant at all.
Speaker 2: I just meant share the sentiment that he really likes her and is eager to learn more about gardening.
Speaker 1: You should see he.
Speaker 2: Really doesn't want to do that, but he's he says he's willing to try maybe. And I guess the more important question, though, that we need to talk about, is are we all okay with hiding the fact that her parents matched her with a guy without her knowledge on a dating site for parents that hook up their grown kids with each other.
Speaker 1: I mean, justin, how do you what do you think? Do you feel weird about your parents finding you a lover?
Speaker 5: Well, you know when you like date somebody at the meet their parents and it's always awkward and your nervious, Like are the parents already approved of me?
Speaker 3: That's like, you know, such a credit card, like the improved The best relationships can come from like arrangements.
Speaker 4: Honestly, like your parents know you best, they really do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I watched bridally cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all for voting to bring marriage and relationships back to the nineteen twenty.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, listen.
Speaker 3: If we're allowing algorithms to help us find love, why wouldn't we let our parents also help us.
Speaker 2: We're trying for a one in a million chance. And I'm just gonna say we're not going to reveal the parents matchmaking app, but justin, if you want to do that, that's totally up to you.
Speaker 4: I do feel like you should do it at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just feel it out, all right, I'm gonna call it right now.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello, Hey is this Katie?
Speaker 4: Why I'm nervous?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm all nervous too.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're feeling nervous, Katie about being on a radio show right now, because you are what.
Speaker 1: Ye surprise, Welcome to our show, Katie.
Speaker 2: We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning do a radio show, and we're trying to do a segment right now called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Okay, So.
Speaker 2: We're trying to reach out on behalf of one of our listeners who you went out with recently named Justin. We're trying to read your vibe on if.
Speaker 1: You liked him or not.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm exiting another relationship right now.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, so things are a little messy right now.
Speaker 8: I mean I don't really want to talk about it and ended a few weeks.
Speaker 9: Ago, but Justin just seems so like sweet and kind and like I just don't want to really get into it until i'm like fully unattached.
Speaker 3: That's good, Okay, that's actually yeah, So you actually liked him. You're just not calling him back because you didn't want that's out.
Speaker 4: Of respect it him, right.
Speaker 9: I don't know what you know about him, but he's a dork, but he's just really sweet. But he was just so honest and so kind and just so transparent, like I just felt like I knew him.
Speaker 8: And I just also feel like I've gone out with so many people being crazy or a liar. They're hiding something, and it just feels like.
Speaker 1: We don't like anything.
Speaker 8: For once, like I was like, Okay, like this guy's actually really and.
Speaker 1: All the cards on the table right up front. He sounds genuine, but we know he's like, well, I think he's pretty genuine.
Speaker 4: I will say he is very earnest.
Speaker 3: He does sound a little dorky in a sweet way.
Speaker 1: And I tell you, well, I'm with you, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I mean he was attractive, right, you were attracted to him still, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean it was kind of funny. We met in a community garden and he was just like, I don't know that he's particularly good at gardening. He was just like digging holes in the dirt.
Speaker 2: If Justin were to hear the things that you were saying right now, he'd probably be really happy with your review of him and of your time spent together.
Speaker 4: He's a restaurant.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, yeah, In fact, I don't have to guess if he liked it, because I could just ask him since he's on the other line right now.
Speaker 1: Listening and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I'm thrilled that you like me.
Speaker 8: Huk energy, Why didn't you tell me the phone?
Speaker 2: Well, we can't all be as honest and transparent as the justice of the world. You know, that's just that's more credit to him.
Speaker 5: And it's totally fine. I mean, like, I heard that you have an ex. I mean, I'm totally cool with that. I have like a million acces million wow.
Speaker 8: Very strange, a million acts.
Speaker 5: Huh okay, it's like literally, okay.
Speaker 7: Four, I don't know that many days how I have exes.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 7: I literally have.
Speaker 5: Like one ex girlfriend.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, Actually, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Just closed my mouth for a second.
Speaker 8: Zero it's just kind of a weird saying that you heard me say all that. But I really think that you're just a really sweet, honest person. I love that's true.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: I I the honesty I am. I am mostly honest.
Speaker 7: What like you keep mentioning, I mean, I I do not like lying.
Speaker 5: I mean I did lie that I had a million girlfriends ex girlfriends, and it is a joke, and you know, uh, okay, I'm just going to say it. Here's the deal. I didn't go to that gardening community gardening because I like the garden. I knew you were going to be there.
Speaker 7: What because, Okay, my parents and your parents are on this dating app where they helped their single child gets dates. Uh the mind.
Speaker 5: I don't think your parents loves me. Your parents really love me?
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Approve of that? I mean my parents approve, your parents approved?
Speaker 5: Like, let's make this work.
Speaker 7: I know that this is weird, Justin.
Speaker 2: Do you have to say everything just one piece of information at a time.
Speaker 4: Okay, can we just say real quickly? We really hoped that Katie, you already knew this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well yeah, I just you know, like I could see why a dating app like that would work, Katie, just listen for a second.
Speaker 4: I mean, who knows you better?
Speaker 9: Dad?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: No, oh my god, it's not parent approved language, Katie.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come to your side on that one. It's a little bit unusual. Yeah, see that. But Justin didn't know that his parents were setting him up either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I thought he's actually a great idea.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like, I do not meet any women. I see them all over the place, but I don't meet them. I'm on every dating app you could think of nobody's wife and.
Speaker 11: Shut god, Katie, listen, you definitely have to have a conversation with your parents, and you can be angry at them, but this isn't Justin's fault.
Speaker 4: He didn't make your parents do this.
Speaker 8: Some of this is Justin's fault, some of some of it anything.
Speaker 10: Okay, well maybe heard digging hole.
Speaker 1: But his heart was in a good place when he did it.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Absolutely like a couple mentioned your randish, your great gardener.
Speaker 5: I can learn from you.
Speaker 6: We're going to talk about you know what.
Speaker 2: It's at this point, Katie, that I would like to offer to send you to on another date that we would pay for to any restaurant in the city and far far away from both of your sets of parents.
Speaker 4: Give it one chance. I mean, that would make your parents so happy.
Speaker 8: Absolutely not, What about any normal person? Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, maybe it's a no right now, but maybe you should take some time to think about it, and if you want, we can organize so that you and Justin and both of your sets of parents can all have dinner, big happy family reunion.
Speaker 1: John and Julie.
Speaker 4: I think I mean, it sounds like they're lovely people. I know they're in for Yeah, they made you.
Speaker 6: I'm in.
Speaker 5: What do you say, give you a much chance? Like many people have arrangements like we got married, we just started.
Speaker 1: Off good, and then he's still there.
Speaker 4: I think he's still there, Katie.
Speaker 2: We're running out of time here, so we need to get an answer from you, yes or no on another date.
Speaker 8: I'm absolutely not okay, Well.
Speaker 2: Justin You're up to a million and one exes now.
Speaker 7: My parents can't even give me a date. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Those words have never been spoken before. My parents can't give.
Speaker 9: Me a date?
Speaker 6: Who can?
Speaker 4: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning