Speaker 1: Welcome to the Tutor Dixon Podcast.
Speaker 2: We have a guy who is out there every single day who is a champion for common sense and we consider him a national treasure and he agreed to come.
Speaker 1: On the podcast today.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited because we have Scott Jennings with us. He is a senior political commentator on CNN, but he's also I mean, the reason he's so smart is he's been a former special assistant to the President of the United States George W. Bush, a former advisor to Senator Mitch McConnell. And you are a fighter every single day, Scott, thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, And it's an honor to meet you and to be here with you Tutor on your podcast. I've been a fan from Afar and yeah, I'm out here. I'm out here trying to light a candle in a dark room every day. And boy, we got plenty to talk about in the news right now, don't.
Speaker 1: We so much? So much? And actually I watch what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Obviously we all are watching it, and a lot of times we see those viral clips of you. But I was wondering, behind the scenes, do you ever have someone reach out to you and say wow, I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I hear from all kinds of people actually, and it's one of the great things about working at CNN. We actually have internally a great community. You know, most of us who are commentators here, we do get along and we do you know, I think we educate each other sometimes, you know. Van Jones and I on Saturday had an interesting discussion actually where he admitted that, you know, maybe there was some information that he wasn't getting because of the information silo that he is in on.
Speaker 1: The masks on ice agents.
Speaker 2: That to me, I found that really interesting because I think that that happens so often. People are like man, so I just so the audience knows you. He was asking you if you thought it was right that these guys were wearing masks when they go and they apprehend illegal aliens. And you explained to him that the masks are for their protection, and he was I was.
Speaker 1: I appreciated his honesty.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, it was a good discussion, and he said, look, I think maybe in my information silo, I'm just not hearing about that. And so Van is an example, and he's one of my best friends here, but he's one of He's an example of a thoughtful person. He's a thoughtful liberal. He has an open heart and he has open ears. Not all liberals are like that, maybe most aren't, but Van is an exception. And that's why I've come to really admire him, and I like being on the air with him because he listens and we do have engagement with each other. We don't always agree, of course, and he has strong point of view about the President's immigration policies, but in that particular case, you know, that's a situation and an example of why I'm doing this job at CNN, because I'm one of the few people here who's going to bring up a topic like that and a new angle like that. No one else at the network is going to do that, and I think that's valuable for our audience. And you know, we're sort of popping bubbles. We're trying to break those information silos, and you know, that's why I value the job. This is my This month is my eighth anniversary at the network, and you know, in the last year, I think that role, you know, that bubble popper has been more valuable than ever.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, because we we I think on the right, we are in an information silo. We put ourselves into those silos, right, and so this is a that's a place where we actually see differences of opinion. I know you had a congressional candidate on Newsnight at Gosh, I don't know. It was a few weeks ago, now, I think from Illinois, and I love the way that you asked her, really think about it. Do you want illegal aliens to get free healthcare? And she openly said, yeah, I do. But the debate it makes people think, well, gosh, maybe you are taking away you pointed.
Speaker 1: Out so well, you're taking it away from an American.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a cat from Illinois. I think that's the Jan Shankowski steat up there. I subsequently found out that she's not actually from that district, and so she's some sort of an online influencer and they're just sort of finding a congressional district for her to run in. I don't know what will happen in the Democratic product interesting, but the conversation was valuable because she matter of factly said yes, the position of the Democratic Party is that all illegal aliens should receive free health care benefits from the federal government. And then my other's barring partner, BUTCARI sellers use the term undocumented citizens to describe illegal aliens. And so you know, sometimes people ask me, like, you know, why do you go into this torture chamber every night? That is why, because these conversations that we're allowing to unschool. And I have to credit CNN. You know, we're the only network putting a real debating show on the air right now. When you let these things on school and you ask very simple questions, you get very revealing answers from the left about how they really feel about things and what we've been able to uncover on that show from people like that congressional candidate and others. I think I think it's overall it's good for American public discourse. But it helps our viewers understand what are the actual positions of the Democratic Party, what is the actual ideology the left? And maybe this has gone a little too far.
Speaker 2: Right now, Well, it's I mean, you have a special talent for this, I have to say, it's people watch it. And for people who are watching, when you are out there with your sparring partners as you call them, it is not easy to be as quick on your feet as you are and the amount of knowledge that you have, and clearly it is a lot due to your experience, but the ability to push back on these people, especially when it comes to what's going on in Iran right now, because obviously you've got these folks on there that are saying, oh my gosh, he's declared war. That in and of itself, the Civics lessons that you have to put out in and of themselves. No, he did not declare war. This was a strike. Yes, it had to be secret. And he did a great job with deception. And you've done a great job pointing that out.
Speaker 1: What's that like, Well, you know.
Speaker 3: It's predictable because unfortunately, and you probably experienced this, you know, and some of the people you talk to. Unfortunately, the main ideology of the left and the Democratic Party right now is if Donald Trump is for something, or if he does something, I must suppose it must be wrong. And what I pointed out last night on the air, in fact, is that you know, occasionally for the left, for Democrats, the correct answer is good job, mister president. This was a smart one. It would be so much wiser just to go with that than what they're currently doing, which is raising all sorts of nonsensical arguments forgetting about their past with Barack Obama. I mean, I was on last.
Speaker 1: Night anti war president. Remember said, yeah?
Speaker 3: She said, she said, well, I work for an anti war president. I mean, you know the amount of bombs and countries and drones that Barack Obama, you know, sent across the world versus what Donald Trump is trying to do. And so you know, I just I counseled them. I've put a post on X yesterday. Maybe just say good job, mister president. And you know, this was a good decision because they all will, ultimately most of them will say Iran should not have a nuclear weapon, which is the correct answer. Well, in this case, we had a window to stop them, and Donald Trump took advantage of that window. A lot of American presidents of both parties have said it. Only Trump did something about it. And now Iran is weak and wouldn't it be better to negotiate with a weekend Iran than Iran with a nuclear weapon? Of course it would. So this is undoubtedly a good move by the president. We're in a stronger position. Why can't they just say that?
Speaker 2: And I don't love to live in the past, but I do think that when people are pointing these things out or saying things like I would work for the anti war president, I think it is important to go back and say what you just said, that he was dropping bombs in many different countries. But also, okay, let's unpack if you worked for him, what was the strategy there? Because he was dropping bombs on civilians And we see Donald Trump very strategically with very few people knowing, but a very strategic attack on specific facilities meant to eliminate a nuclear program. So what was the method of strategy for Obama when he did what he did and killed civilians.
Speaker 3: Well, look, he inherited the global war on terror from President Bush, and I have no doubt that he had at times military leaders and intel legence officials saying, you know, here's a bad person. We need to eliminate this bad person. Look, that happens when you're the president. People walk in and tell you those things. But if you look over eight years the volume of bombing and the volume of drone strikes that he ordered, you know, you could have a debate about whether that was right or whether that was wrong. But what you cannot have a debate about is Barack Obama's disposition. He was not anti war, he was not anti strike, he was not anti using American power when given every opportunity to do so. And now the mythology around him is kind of weird to me. All these Obama people, they're constantly arguing, Oh, he's a man of peace, he was an anti war. He really wasn't. You know. You don't have to change history. We can all look back on the news and see what he did. Now. Contrast that with Donald Trump. He really is I think. You know, he's changed our conversation from war in peace to peace and war. And in this case, as you pointed out correctly, he took a strategic targeted action here, not against individuals, but against nuclear facilities, which everybody seems to agree was good and righteous because we don't want Ron to have a nuclear weapon. But he has not just indiscriminately bombed several countries. That's not really been his disposition. He's used the military when it made sense, he's shown restraint when it makes sense, and he's always always talking about the need for peace. That's really different, I think than what Obama you know, did over his eight years.
Speaker 2: You were in a conversation not too long ago, and Debbie Dingle was there. She's a congresswoman from the state of Michigan, from my state, and she was pointing out that the Democrats need to not just be against Donald Trump, but be four things.
Speaker 1: I love that you said, oh no, you are four things.
Speaker 2: Your four girls in boys sports, you're four illegal aliens. But you also pointed out that the leaders of their party right now are Jasmine Crockett and AOC, which she just lost.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could.
Speaker 2: Tell I know her expressions, I'm familiar with her. You could tell she was just beside herself by that comment. Now, obviously, you know, Debbie is seventy one. She took her husband's congressional seat. She's been in there with Nancy Pelosi, and they have not stepped aside for new leadership. And therefore the aocs and the Jasmine Crockets have kind of taken up all the error in the room. AOC is right now campaigning with this a lunatic socialist in New York. But Jasmine Crockett has been interesting in the past few days because she comes out and she's like, why did President Trump do this?
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, Like we're working on Monday, call us at during.
Speaker 2: Work hours and let us know which she has no idea what the Constitution says, what the War Powers Act says. She has no idea anything about law, and yet she is a law maker, which to me is very scary. But in this country, you can campaign and you can win, and that's why people are out there calling out what they're saying. I don't know if you saw last night she said I make this decision. People don't understand I make this decision, and I wasn't. Nobody asked me my opinion. How do you get around this?
Speaker 3: I did see that clip, and you know your reference Congresswoman Dingle, who I'm on with from time to time. She does a lot of TV. I actually feel a little bad for her because I think deep down she knows that it is crushing and destroying her political party from AOC and Jasmine Crockett and these absolute radicals to be taking over the party. I mean, if you just turn on your television, turn on any media, what Democrats are you likely to see? AOC and Crockett. They are the unquestioned spokespeople or leaders of the Democratic Party, and they're radical and they're out of the mainstream. And for people like Debbie Dingle, who probably thinks of herself as more of a mainstream Democrat, she's been totally shoved aside, and the party has been completely hijacked by these radicals. I don't really think they've learned anything from the twenty twenty four election. The American people rejected this radicalism, they rejected this kind of left wing cultural and political lurch, and now they appear to be doubling down on it. And like you pointed out in New York City, if this you know, radical socialist communist wins in New York City, I mean you can see the Democratic Party has learned the wrong lesson. They're moving farther and farther to the left, which means through the Republicans, they could probably OutKick their historical coverage in the twenty twenty six midterm and maybe elect another Republican president in twenty twenty eight. The Democrats, I think, are making a grave mistake right now. The American people don't want radicalism, they want normalcy, and I think that's what Trump is doing. He's restoring common sense and normalcy, and the Democrats are going in the opposite direction.
Speaker 2: We've got more coming up with Scott Jennings, but first I want to tell you about my partners at IFCJ. As you all know, Israel as at war with Iran, a nation that has vowed to wipe Israel and even the United States off the map. You've heard it, death to Israel, death to America. In a necessary act of self defense, Israel struck Iranian nuclear facilities, military targets, and top leadership. And right now the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is on the ground prepping large scale distributions of life saving food, first aid and emergency kits, especially to Israel's most vulnerable people, the sick, the elderly, children, and families that are in great need. The Fellowship is also making sure that hospitals, emergency rooms, and shelters are fully stocked with critical and life saving medical supplies.
Speaker 1: You've seen it on the news.
Speaker 2: This is a moment where we need this help, but the Fellowship needs the most. Right now is a generous gift from you to make this work possible. Now is your time to stand with Israel's most vulnerable. So rush your gift today. Call eight eight eight for eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight for eight eight IFCJ, or you can go online to IFCJ dot org. It's IFCJ dot org. Now stay tuned. We've got more after this. While you look at the Zoron who is running for mayor in New York City, and you aptly pointed out socialists but actually communists, and I think that's that has been the trend of the Democrat Party. You've watched David Hogg come out and he campaigns for all these socialist values, but he's out there saying I'm a capitalist. I'm a capitalist, and he's stepped over that line now because he's openly indoorsed Zorin, who's come out and said I'm a socialist. And I think that what you're hearing when they say one thing, they're just that next level. Because Zorin is out there saying I'm a socialist, and then he's telling you he wants city owned grocery stores. It blows my mind that people are rallying around us, Yes, I want the government to own my grocery store.
Speaker 1: How did that happen?
Speaker 3: You know, I watched this guy, Zorin, and I saw this video this morning actually where they've pieced together his career and he's using all these different accents over time, different sort of different characters. And then you look at Jasmine Crockett, same thing. You know, they sort of invent these characters, even Kamala Harris during the election last year, depending on who she was talking to, they would sort of invent these voices and these characters to try to meet the audience or meet the moment. And then you've got this character Padia, who I still couldn't pick out of a lineup. If you are a million dollars trying to lunge at Christy noanan a press conference, it's all theater, you know, It's all a bunch of theater. And I don't know. I can never tell do they really believe these things or are they just being theatrical with these positions in the moment because they think that's where the energy is among their base. I don't know what they actually believe, because they keep inventing these characters in these voices, and I don't know who they really are. But what I believe is they've settled on this idea that people want you to be more left winging, more radical, more progressive, more socialists, and you know, that's what we've got right now. We've got one political party that's largely running on common sense and normalcy, and one political party where all the energy is behind socialism and left wing radicalism and you know, frankly violent tendencies. If you look at the energy on the left and this Free Palestine movement, which I think is a domestic terrorism organization, there's a lot of energy right now behind people who are borderline or sometimes over the line violent. I think it's very dangerous.
Speaker 2: I think that's the frustration when I hear this Zoron guy come out and say, this is not.
Speaker 1: With any money. I'm doing this with no money. This is just the people. This has been kind of his mantra.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he has these movements behind him that have hundreds of millions of dollars, and the Free Palestine movement has a massive amount of money. What was the most recent and the No King's Movement, which is just those people moving into a new arena and the pro Iran people moving from pre Palestine into to let's support these dictator butchers. It's crazy. Where is the funding coming from? Because Zorin's not doing this because he's just massively popular.
Speaker 1: There is money behind him.
Speaker 3: Of course, if you look at all these gatherings, I mean, nobody can print that many flags for free, and nobody can change the flags they're printing that quickly. You look at what happened in LA. You know, somebody pulling up in a pickup truck in the middle of the riots in LA handing out gas masks. I mean, they didn't order those off Amazon. These are being provided to the people who are showing up at these demonstrations. And so it's a great question and we should get to the bottom of it, because obviously there are people out there who would like to see the downfall of American culture. They would like to see the downfall of the West. I mean, I've said many times, and the title of my book is references the fight for Western Civilization. I think we're on the cusp of the fight for the future of the West right now. I mean, there are massive amounts of people in the United States who would love to see the West go down, who would love to see America as we know it fundamentally be destroyed and built back into something that none of us would recognize. And I think those people have money, and I think they have ambition. And I think when you see these demonstrations, whether it's Free Palestine or the riots in la or people behind this guy in New York City, at their core, what do they believe? That America's rotten, that the West is rotten, and that we got to tear it down and start over. It's not good. I think the American people are ultimately going to reject this ideaology. But you can see there is money and there is energy behind it.
Speaker 1: So I agree.
Speaker 2: I keep thinking that the American people are going to reject it, but I do think that money is power, and there is We've seen this throughout history. If you get to the youth, you can eventually change it over years. In a generation, you can kick the old people out. And you see that rhetoric online too. Pretty soon all of these boomers are going to die off, and then it'll be the Gen xers are going to die off, and the new generation believes in complete communism. And I know that people say, oh, that's that's a radical theory. But the fact that New York City is on edge right now because they think this guy is going to win the primary tells me that there is a lot of support for this.
Speaker 3: So a couple things. Number One, the age thing is interesting to me because if you look at some of the big protests on the left right now, if you actually look at the video, are these a lot of boomers out there, like a lot of boomers out there? You know, first they're you know, they're going after Elon. Then it's free Palestine. And at the same time, there is some polling to indicate that younger voters, especially the youngest age eighteen to twenty one, are actually some of the more conservative people in the country. And I chalk it up to this. We close their schools and we wouldn't let them in school. We ruined their childhoods. And they know exactly who did it to them, People like Gretchen Whitmer where you live. She did it to them. These democratic governors close their schools and ruined their childhoods and set back their education. We warned them open the schools, and they wouldn't do it. And now the kids are pissed, and I think a lot of them are actually conservative. I think the energy that you see on the left right now behind this radicalism is it's not all age related. Some of It is just that we have people in the country who fundamentally want to destroy what the core of American life really is. They want to destroy Western values. They don't believe in the the values that built this country and that, you know, the pillars on which Western civilization have stood. They don't believe in it. They believe in this oppressed oppress or framework. You're either oppressed or you're an oppressor, and they believe the United States is fundamentally oppressive. They believe the people, you know that Donald Trump, Republicans, you know whatever, are fundamentally oppressive and they must be destroyed. That's what they believe. And this ideology, of course, is taught and fomented on college campuses. I think there are some young kids who don't believe that, they reject it, but there's a lot of people in America right now who are buying into it. You know, we settle these things at election time. I think we had the first test in November. That's why Donald Trump won the election, and I think convincing fashion. We're going to have it out again in the midterms, and we'll have it out again in twenty twenty eight. But the fight for the West and the fight for America's future is real because it's not just over a little policy differences. It's about the core. Who are we as Americans? Is the West going to survive? Those are the questions I think we'll be asking in the next elections.
Speaker 2: So there are powerful people that we don't vote for that and I hate to admit that they're powerful. But you recently had a conversation with Randy Weingarten, and if you don't know who she is, she's the president of the American Federation for Teachers and that's the second largest teachers union. She kept kids out of school. She now is saying, oh, no, I tried to open schools. I was this great person. But recently she stepped away from the DNC, and I think that conservatives were kind of going way a minute.
Speaker 1: She had an.
Speaker 2: Actual position at the DNC because she is in a unique position where she gets to siphon the funds out of the public schools because she's taking money from teachers that aren't allowed to opt out of her union, so she just siphons their right off of their paycheck, which is taxpayers are paying them, so it's a public union. She decides to put that money into the DNC, where she apparently has a.
Speaker 1: Position, and she is meeting with the CDC.
Speaker 2: We find out she is helping the CDC come up with decison visions of what they're going to do when COVID hits and keeping kids out of school. So she's very influential with the federal government. She's very influential with one party. I mean she's a member, and she's a member of their committee. She's on the rules committee. She stepped away because David Hog got kicked out, and you could kind of see how this was going because she resigns on June fifth. That was obviously going through the rules committee. They're making up this Oh he's the wrong gender, so we got to kick him out. But the reason they were kicking him out was he was going to primary these Democrats. So he's like, I'm going to put twenty million dollars into primary safe Democrats with these radical socialists.
Speaker 1: She was pro David Hogg.
Speaker 2: These people are not elected, but they have power over our kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Randy wine Garten is one of the most destructive people in American politics. What she did during COVID to help keep the schools closed to the detriment of millions of school children, including mine. I have four. I will never forgive and I will never forget, and I don't think millions of parents will ever forgive or ever forget what she did when she went on this tour to try to rewrite history. Oh, I was trying to open the schools. I mean, it would be funny if it weren't so tragically ridiculous what she did to set back a generation of children. I mean, we destroyed their futures. I mean, and it's not the rich kids. Let's be honest. People with resources, people with means. You know, you can sometimes buy your way out of things. Poor kids, working class kids, black kids, brown kids, the kids who have nothing, the kids who have you know, are already behind to begin with. Those are the ones that she destroyed. Those are the kids that the Democratic Party claims to fight for, and she and the Democrats and the Democrat officials. Those are the ones that they really really destroyed their futures. And there's been no apology, no admission, no guilt to nothing, just a bunch of lies about what they actually did. I cannot believe she continues to try to rewrite history on this The people who were fighting so hard to keep the schools closed, and now kids can't read, they can't do math. We have kids going off to college who can't achieve basic levels of reading in math in order to participate in college. It's an outright rolling disaster laid at the feet of Randy Winingarten and the people who enable her in the Democratic Party. It's despicable. We should never forget it.
Speaker 2: I have four kids too, and one of the things that I notice is the speech issues.
Speaker 1: That we have.
Speaker 2: My kids, my youngest were My youngest are twins, and they were in gosh, they must have been in second grade when the pandemic hit, and the kids in their class and older. My middle daughter is two years older, so second and fourth grade. It's been surprising to me the speech issues that those kids have because being out of school for that period of time for a year and a half, where it was critical that they learn, that they change how they were speaking, and that they have that speech therapist available. Those specialties were so critical, and those kids are going to suffer for years to come because of those decisions that they now say, Oh, that's not that's a decision we made.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with you. Two of my children have learning differences and have gone to special schools for that, classrooms that are specifically designed to make sure that they can learn how to read, that they can overcome their learning differences. To close their schools was a tragedy for them, a tragedy for any kid out there who had any kind of special need in their educational You know, these kids are as smart as anybody, but they can overcome it with the special eyed learning environment. Closing their schools, I mean, this is not a trivial thing, and they gave no thought to it whatsoever. And I just the lack of remorse. I mean, if one person would just come up and say, you know what, we overdid it. We overreached, we overreach acted, We didn't listen to the evidence. Look what happened around the world Western Europe, basically every other civilized country realized you could open the schools and they all did it and we didn't. And why did we not do it? One reason? Teachers unions. That is why it happened. And Randy Weingarten was the top of that pyramid of those that constellation of teachers unions, and I just you know the fact that they can't even admit today. Yeah, you know, a little remorse, how about a little humility, Like, listen, we did the best we could, and we were operating with imperfect information, and we you know, we overreacted. Any of that would be better than what they're doing now, which is to ignore the problems they caused and to deny that they had anything to do with it. It's outrageous. And yet Democrats, you know, they continue to prop these people up. And you know, if they made those terrible decisions, then imagine what they would do to your kids on some other issue in the future.
Speaker 1: Right, and you and you talk about the political theater.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about back then you had you had the nurses and the doctors doing these coordinated dan and posting them on social media. And you had the teachers writing their own obituaries and telling people how much danger they were in even though kids were proven, like you said, in other countries, kids were proven that they weren't spreading the disease.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick commercial break. We'll continue next on the Tutor Dixon Podcast. One last thing I want to get to.
Speaker 2: You did talk about the caricature of the politician and the you know, creating characters. That's what we've seen in Michigan with Gretchen Whitmer, with all of her social media. Governor Barbie, we went through that whole scenario for a long time. Karine Jean Pierre, though, she has been a very interesting one because she was kind of like this.
Speaker 1: You know, she was a historical figure.
Speaker 2: She told us multiple times she's a historical figure, the first black, lesbian press secretary that there was, and gosh, she was making history.
Speaker 1: She was absolutely lying. We know she knew.
Speaker 2: I mean, gosh, it would be criminal if she didn't know that the president was incapacitated, and now she's going to try to make money off of it.
Speaker 3: I agree she is historical. I think there have been thirty six White House Press secretaries, and historically she's the worst one. So congratulations on your historic achievement of being the literal worst person to ever hold that job. Standing up there behind that podium, which is a special podium because it has to seal on it. You're in the White House, don't You're not a political actor. You work for the government, You work for the people of the United States. You uphold, you know, that special trust. And she stood there every day and lied, lied, lied, And you know, one of the worst examples, of course, as you well remember, the whole cheap fake episode. We've got videos of Joe Biden clearly wandering around, clearly out of it, clearly incapacitated, and went up to that podium and told reporters and told the world, oh, these are invented videos, these are doctored videos, These are cheap fakes. That episode alone ought to get her banished from all politics and government forever and ever and ever. Now she has this book coming out, she says she's left the Democratic Party, which congratulations, Democrats, you got rid of somebody that you don't really need. But the fact that Joe Biden put her in as press secretary and then elevated her gave it her another promotion at the end of his administration tells you that he knew he needed an outright liar and propagandist to stand at that podium to cover up for him what they did to hide from the American people the president's condition. I mean, it can all be told now, right, we have the books, We have everybody coming forward and saying, oh, yeah, he was totally out of it. But at the time people talk about constitutional crisis or the big lie. Let me tell you what the crisis is an incapacitated president and unelected people around him making decisions. Let me tell you what the big lie was that Joe Biden was up to the job of president of the United States. That's a fact. And the people who perpetrated that crisis on this need to be held to account. There has to be accountability for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that the American people. I just think about this in the history books. How will it be portrayed that we had a president who was completely mentally incapable of having that position, and yet there was an entire staff that pretended like he was capable. You before I let you go, you have a book coming out. I want to talk about that. It's a revolution of common sense, which is right absolutely how Donald Trump stormed Washington and fought for Western civilization.
Speaker 1: Tell us about that really quick.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I thought of it in January. I was watching the president's inaugural address and he used that phrase, a revolution of common sense, and I thought at the time, well, that would be a great title for a book. And then over the next few weeks I was thinking of writing a book and then just like I figured that should be the title, because when you think about the branding of the Republican Party right now, is a conservative what is it? Right now? That's the branding. We're the Party of common sense, and conversely, the Democrats are the Party of uncommon nonsense. But I think this whole branding of common sense is what allows Trump to have this broad, ideologically diverse coalition. And you've got everybody from Elon to RFK to you know, the traditional Republicans to the Libertarians. I mean, he has brought together this coalition of people and it's all around this concept of common sense. And I think it's common sense in service of fighting for the future of Western civilization. So I had an idea for the book. I went to the Oval Office in February. I asked the President if he would cooperate. He said yes. So the book is largely revolves around big issues he tackled in the first one hundred or so days. And you know, it's hard to stop writing a book like this because the minute you stop writing, something else happened. So it'll come out in November and there'll be things in there that I didn't quite get to because of the way book publishing works. But it's got Donald Trump on the cover. You can go to Amazon right now and type in Scott Jennings Revolution of Common Sense. You can pre order it. You'll have it in November. You'll have it in time for Christmas. It has a beautiful photo of Donald Trump on the cover, coming out of the White House. And I think if you love Trump, you'll love the book. And if you don't, you might learn a little bit about how he makes decisions, how he executes leadership in the White House. It might make you a little smarter about his presidency.
Speaker 1: Well, that's actually what I was going to say.
Speaker 2: I think that right now so many of us are trying to figure out how to have those conversations. We started this by me telling you. I mean, you amaze me every single day. Every time I see a clip, I'm like, how can I be more like Scott Jennings? And then I see that you're writing a book, and I'm like, that's how you know? But I think we all need to understand that it's time to push back. And you don't push back nasty, You're not aggressive. You push back with facts, and so I appreciate that you are writing this because it gives us something to have in our arsenal to go after the liberals who are yelling at us and just calmly respond.
Speaker 1: So I encourage everybody to go get it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I told the President at the time that I thought a hundred of you know, the normal Washington insider types would write books crapping all over him and everything he wants to do. But there needs to be one book that could tell one of his supporters or anyone in this country truth about the first hundred days, why he arrived at some of the decisions that he did, and do it in an unvarnished way. I write from the perspective of a common sense view, a conservative view, a Middle America view. So thank you for the book promotion. It's called a Revolution of common Sense. I look forward to you reading it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. But thanks to the President and his staff and the cabinet secretaries for participating in it. I think you're gonna find some great nuggets in there.
Speaker 2: Wonderful well, thank you, thank you so much for coming on. Scott Jennings. Everybody get that book and check him out.
Speaker 1: He's a Warrior for us.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks Tutor, and thank you all for joining us on the Tutor Dixon Podcast.
Speaker 1: For this episode and others, go.
Speaker 2: To Tutor diixonpodcast dot com, the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts, or you could watch it on Rumble and YouTube. Apt Tutor Dixon and join us next time.
Speaker 1: Have a blast day.