Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan I to she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the weekend everybody. If you're here, you're catching up on the Bobby Bone Show. Very exciting stuff. But before we get into it, I have to encourage you to listen to part one, Part three this weekend scoob A Steve joins me. Part one we are talking all about dad life and I have some crazy stuff happening with my body right now, and then we get into some New Disney and Universal talk and yes we do nerd out a little bit. And then part three we always answer it listener questions, So check out both of those if you have some time today. But if you don't want to ow and you're just like Morgan, let's go. Then let's get into the Bobby Bone Show from this week. Lunchbox had some barking drama at a hotel that he recently stayed at. There was a dog next door and it would not stop yapping, according to him, and then he tried to get something free out of the whole ordeal Number seven.
Speaker 3: By yet little drama at the hotel lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean two nights in a row. I mean one was it's like twelve thirty am. The next night, maybe one point fifteen am. The room next to us had a little yapper and it decides the yap in the middle of the night a dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you recorded this with your phone. That's through a wall.
Speaker 4: That's through a wall, And so I called the front desk. I was like, hey, man, there's a dog barking. Of course I went back to bed. I don't know what happened, but when I'm checking out, I finally said, hey, like, you know, with that dog barking, you know, do I get some kind of discount? And the person working in the front's like, I don't know. I'd have to talk to the manager and they're not here right now, but I can take down your information and he'll reach out. So tell me when you hear that, and it wakes me up. Two nights in a row, what kind of discount should I be given?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: None?
Speaker 6: After the fact, I think when you call and you say this is happening and it won't stop, can you move me rooms? Like that's the first thing, and that sucks, But you have two sucks.
Speaker 3: You either got a dog gapping or you got to.
Speaker 5: Move your room.
Speaker 3: At least if you move your room.
Speaker 6: The dog doesn't gap anymore. And it's temporary. You got it for two nights. You can even do it after the first night, and you're like, hey, the dog barked all night last night. If I'm with them, need I need to have a different room. If they can't meet that, then I think you discuss with them. Hey, I'm gonna need a discount on my rate that I'm about to pay. You can't do it at the end. They have no reason and know to be like, yeah, we're gonna give you a discount, not when it's over. So I think you didn't go to it at the right time. So none, I'm gonna go none after the fact. Did you blame your audio from your phone?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you have audio so loud?
Speaker 5: Hear that.
Speaker 7: Go that's terrible.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's so annoying.
Speaker 6: But it's like a loud if people are like watching TV loud, or if they're like doing it, you know, you bang on the wall or you call You're like, hey, I can't get any sleep, and they're like, hey, we'll move your room. If they can't do that, then they should just make the stay cheaper. But you can't go after the fact and ask for it.
Speaker 5: Stay cheaper or a free night. Well, I think it's free night, but.
Speaker 3: You don't get it at the end, is my point.
Speaker 6: If you don't ask for it while it's happening, they're not going to give it to you've already stayed. They have no reason, and no why would they give you a discount after it's over.
Speaker 8: You have to do it while the dog's y app in and be like, look, there's a dog next door that won't stop barking, and we need to do something or I need a free night you.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm playing the audio. I guess I suppose that multiple people on that floor would be really bothered. They can't give a free night to everybody.
Speaker 6: Do we know anybody else called? And does anybody else work for radio show? And they look for bits they record stuff.
Speaker 7: I mean, gosh, how was the person with the dog even sleeping?
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't even if the person that was in the room.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, that's funny.
Speaker 7: If it was the dogs, they didn't even the dog.
Speaker 4: I mean, they would have been out doing something in the middle of the I have no idea.
Speaker 9: I just heard the dog barking.
Speaker 4: I had call the front desk and say, hey, this dog is yeappen and they're like, well, send someone up to check. But then I go back to bed, so I don't know if they knocked on the door what they did. So I asked for the discount, and the manager has reached out to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, and with what discount.
Speaker 4: The manager emailed me to my email and said, I am sorry about the inconvenience of the dog. If you would have told us earlier, we could have moved you rooms, but there's unfortunately nothing we can.
Speaker 9: Do at this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's there.
Speaker 5: You go.
Speaker 9: Thanks a lot, man.
Speaker 8: But you also messed up too, because you're like I went back to bed. I don't know what happened, so you could sleep no problem.
Speaker 6: Then I had a second night of it, like like you got to complain?
Speaker 3: Night too? Is on you? How is it on me?
Speaker 4: How do I know that the dogs staying there two nights? I mean the dog could have been I don't know. I go to bed and all of a sudden I wake up at one thirty in the morning or whatever. It's like, dang dog's still here.
Speaker 3: Like you're you consider yourself an alpha?
Speaker 9: Mal right, I am an alpha.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you.
Speaker 6: Go knock on the door and tell them to shut their dog up? But there's gonna be trouble? Well, I mean, I mean, and then I had to get dressed.
Speaker 3: Are you having a beta weekend?
Speaker 7: No, you don't care about that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you your alpha.
Speaker 9: I don't know who show up, amy, I don't know who's in that room.
Speaker 3: So if I not alphas, don't care, alpha's alpha.
Speaker 4: If there's a child in that room and I knock on the door naked, guess who gets in trouble? Not strover a towel, you'll have to walk out.
Speaker 3: But naked, you would have to be a straight child.
Speaker 4: I said, I would have to get dressed, And you guys go, why, Well, because I've never heard.
Speaker 3: You don't have to put on a suit and tie.
Speaker 7: It didn't occur to us that we thought you would like show up naked and then there might be a child. That's not where my brain went. Our brains were just thinking, like, normally, you take care of business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you you say you take care of business because you're alpha male, I.
Speaker 4: Am an alpha and it was just it was unfortunate that this dog was annoying as crap, and I thought they would take care of it, and they really just shot me down.
Speaker 9: Nothing. Oh, sorry for the inconvenience.
Speaker 3: What I think we learned something here though.
Speaker 6: You have to ask while it's happening, because they have no reason to credit you anything after the fact if you're not like a massive rewards member and someone who can prove that by you switching, it's gonna affect even a minor part of their bottom line.
Speaker 4: Okay, Alpha, Yeah, I mean I didn't want to come in that much because I didn't want to move in the middle of the night.
Speaker 9: Then I got to pack up my suitcase.
Speaker 6: Okay, but what's worse, because you're in an unfortunate situation, So you can have all the unfortunate of you not being able sleep because of the dog's barking, or you can have some mid unfortunate and go to a different room, leave all your stuff in that room, sleep, and just come back and move in the morning.
Speaker 9: Oh I didn't think about that, and I'd have been smart.
Speaker 3: Some people are staying online. You're Beta box? Is that true?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I am Alpha like you guys.
Speaker 6: Have know Beta box is trending now. Beta box is now trending all across America.
Speaker 3: Beta Box. Yeah, you guys have.
Speaker 9: Seen me in situations. I handle things now.
Speaker 3: Remember the guy came crashing into his neighborhood and like ran over the cone.
Speaker 5: Oh but his neighbor though, when the.
Speaker 6: Kids in lunchbox, like I recorded us going and beating up this drunk guy, and it's his neighbor doing all the fighting, unless you like he's like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: What he said.
Speaker 9: That's not how went.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, it's the.
Speaker 1: Best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: If life came with warning labels, this is kind of what they would look like for all of us. Bobby and Amy listed a bunch for all the show members and they're pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: Number six, Okay, what's the segment?
Speaker 7: So if we were to all come with a warning, what would that warning label be? Because you know, like when you buy a product, we'll be like, here's a warning label. But what if we had them for ourselves, Like heads.
Speaker 6: Up, we had to wear one? Yeah, okay, what is mine? If you were to write one.
Speaker 7: So yours would be warning? May turn anything into a competition.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's a good warning because you want anything most things.
Speaker 6: Oh, you want to compete at the segment, So he had better warning.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, what about Eddie?
Speaker 7: Warning might offer you his kidney, but doesn't mean.
Speaker 5: That's not true.
Speaker 3: Take true.
Speaker 5: I don't like that.
Speaker 7: There's no follow through. I should have just said any organ yeah, but whatever.
Speaker 8: To be fair, I've never told someone, hey, I'm gonna give you a kidney and not do it. All I've said is I would like to donate a kidney someday. Wait a guy call in once. I was looking for one and you never got tested and I didn't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw his billboard.
Speaker 3: Harold, Oh, Harold.
Speaker 5: I hope he's okay.
Speaker 3: All right, lunch bugs.
Speaker 7: Warning may have a strong odor, but I guess you don't even need to be warned. You just smell it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but if.
Speaker 7: You don't know where it's coming from, that's probably him.
Speaker 3: Do you have one for you?
Speaker 7: What warning? My overshare without meaning to?
Speaker 3: Okay? Good?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's good spoil stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, overshare anything? Yeah, a TV show, my personal life.
Speaker 3: Let me do some Amy's warning you happen to?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: Warning may fall for scams.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes, just hopes everyone's telling the truth and likes to believe people.
Speaker 6: Or how about Amy, warning will turn every thing into therapy.
Speaker 3: Well, because that's good.
Speaker 7: I had to do a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Or warning.
Speaker 7: I did one for.
Speaker 6: You warning objects and mirror closer than they appear because I reckoned to them.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 3: One more Amy warning, ma contain nuts.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's funny. That's funny.
Speaker 7: Amy, Come on, you're insinuating that your little nuts.
Speaker 5: That's pretty muchy. But it's like a real warning label.
Speaker 3: All right. Here's Eddie. Oh no, warning might start any story with I have four boys.
Speaker 5: That's true all the time.
Speaker 6: Warning Adie's kind of like Amy's. I say I'm gonna do a thing, but I never really plan on doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah yah boo boo. That's weird and done that well.
Speaker 7: I mean, but mine was organ specific. Bobby could be preferring to like your business, i'd whoa.
Speaker 5: That's still yeah.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of those things he doesn't follow through with. Oh here's Eddie warning. El no al Blaspannon proudly bilingual until he forgets Spanish mid sentence and doesn't know how to finish the sentences.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I love like seeing someone like, oh he speaks Spanish. Yeah, And I say a couple of words and then I just slowly disappear because I can't have a real conversation.
Speaker 6: Lunchbox warning freaks out over dlast celebrities.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean you consider him d list. I consider him a list. But Tomato Tomato.
Speaker 7: Famous relatives, I guess.
Speaker 6: Lunchbox warning rage. Wait, that's it, that's it perfect.
Speaker 9: I don't think that's funny.
Speaker 5: A joke.
Speaker 3: There's the rage warning chokes under pressure.
Speaker 5: Yikes, Oh what that's that's tough.
Speaker 9: I don't know where you got that one from.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to hear that.
Speaker 7: Well, nobody wants to hear. May contain nuts, that's.
Speaker 9: True, but that's truth.
Speaker 6: And here's another lunchbox one. Warning, I promise I'm not mad at you. This is just my face. M let's see it is always his face is always restingly angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Here's one from Morgan. Warning may pronounce words incorrectly.
Speaker 7: That's very true.
Speaker 6: I give one to Raymundo. Warning, may get drunk and pass out of your wedding.
Speaker 7: That's fun though, Yeah, good time warnings.
Speaker 3: Everybody gets their feelings hurt.
Speaker 9: I always feel great about ourselves.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear someone wrote from me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Warning gets some bad mood after Arkansas loses, so avoid every Saturday.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 6: Every Saturday. Warning likes to argue for no reason. Just at board.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Abbi was at a gas station recently and could not believe what she was witnessing. Somebody was trying to get away with a crime number.
Speaker 6: Five, So Abby saw somebody shoplifting. Abby, walk us through what you saw.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 11: I was at a gas station and I was kind of on a mission, so I was walking really fast and I went to the very back kind of the corner one of the refrigerators, and there was this guy and he was like stuffing his pants, like he had baggy shirt on, baggy pants, and he had like two beer Tall Boys candy chips, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: They were jeans. They were just huge, baggy jeans.
Speaker 11: He was trying to keep up, and I was like, oh shoot, I like panicked. I'm like, oh my gosh, I hey, because he was like, hey, how's.
Speaker 3: It going, I'm like, yes, he saw you see him? Oh for sure? That you saw.
Speaker 11: Okay, yes, yeah, yeah, I mean I saw it all and I was like, oh man, I don't know what to do, and so I went up to the counter to buy my.
Speaker 7: No, I'm staying away from the counter because I don't want him to think I'm ratting him out.
Speaker 3: Well, but in that my mind doesn't go there.
Speaker 7: That's right, I go, I.
Speaker 3: Go, So what do you do?
Speaker 7: I leave? I put my stuff down and I leave nothing.
Speaker 6: Don't say what you did yet then? Okay, so Amy, what do you do? Exact situation? He sees you see him?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I put down whatever I have and I just leave. I leave.
Speaker 10: I don't want to be.
Speaker 3: Right or I don't.
Speaker 7: Need them that bad. What if he's armed and dangerous. He's already not making good decisions.
Speaker 3: Stealing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he could already be.
Speaker 3: You don't have roof for a gun. He saved all that space for.
Speaker 7: The He's not making good decisions already, and I don't want to be a part of what could be next.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Amy says she sees him see her.
Speaker 7: I'm for sure not going to the counter because then he thinks I'm ratting him out.
Speaker 3: Eddie, what do you do?
Speaker 5: I think I'm gonna get my phone out and video it.
Speaker 7: What he may see video Now, he's for sure going to be can.
Speaker 8: Literally get behind the chips and be like, I want to film this way.
Speaker 5: No way.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't even do that. You wouldn't, no, because there's danger. If he sees you doing that, he may attack you. Oh lunchbuck, to.
Speaker 9: What you do easy. I just look at him like, hey man, I'm not gonna tell you're good.
Speaker 4: You say something, yeah, because he knows you saw Like he's looking at you, and you can feel him knowing that you saw him.
Speaker 9: Just be like, I don't care today mine. You take what you want.
Speaker 6: I don't think I would speak, because I wouldn't want like the gas station registered guy hearing me speak because anything's accomplished.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and he's like somebody was with him.
Speaker 3: They were talking about it helped them get out of there. So I don't think.
Speaker 6: I think I'm just moving my eyes off and acting like I saw nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm gonna go up to the counter and be like, hey, this guy's stealing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 3: Well? Stop him? They won't stop at a gas station.
Speaker 8: Don't they have a button that they hit the I think that's the painting button if youre getting robbed.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's for the poor boy.
Speaker 7: I just feel like, yeah, if I was working at a gas station and somebody like above my pay grade.
Speaker 6: A lot of people that work at gas stations own the gas station. Though these are small gas stations. It's not a Walmart or you don't true, well, not all, but a significant amount.
Speaker 3: People are part of the ownership.
Speaker 7: Take inventory of what they're stealing and then call it a loss.
Speaker 3: Abby. What'd you do?
Speaker 10: So I walked up to.
Speaker 11: The counter, I put my drink down, and I almost like, I almost was like, hey, that guy back there, you can't.
Speaker 6: Do almost you can't do it.
Speaker 11: So as I was paying, the guy walked out, I distracted the the cashier while the guy walked out with all this helped him.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to, but that's what I did.
Speaker 6: He's doing like ballet kicks to the left and the guy looks at her, and.
Speaker 3: So the guy can sneak out.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 11: That guy used me though, which I didn't like that. And then I thought about being like, hey, do you see that guy right there?
Speaker 6: He's walking OK, but you can't do I thought about, because you also could say I thought about tackling him and saving the gas station.
Speaker 5: That's different, though.
Speaker 8: If he's already out the door, why not tell the cashier at that point, it's like he's already gone.
Speaker 3: That's a good point about that.
Speaker 5: I would probably do that.
Speaker 3: I almost did this, stop at Abby.
Speaker 11: There are a lot of thoughts in my head in that moment, But I guess the right thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you tell them after they leave.
Speaker 3: I don't know there's the right thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know there's a moral obligation there because I also don't want to get jump see.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we really don't know how we would react until we're in that moment.
Speaker 7: I do I know exactly how i'd react.
Speaker 3: Okay, go for it.
Speaker 7: I told you I'm leaving. I'm out of there.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Amy was trying to buy some snacks for a football game and the grocery store tried to charge her an exorbitant amount of money. Well, then it turned into pure chaos with the bagger running out into the grocery store parking lot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Number four, Okay, we're gonna play guess why Amy's grocery bill was so high?
Speaker 7: Amy, Okay, so I'm getting like chips, squawk salsa, Like that's it. My bill should not be high at all.
Speaker 3: That's only three things you got.
Speaker 7: I mean I got multiple bags of chips and walk and saw like different. I think we had humus and carrots. It was like snack stuff because we were going to watch football. Okay, so to me and my son, and it's like beep, beep beep, and she's like, that'll be three h two And I'm thinking, right, well, I know it's not three dollars and two cents. It's got to be more than that. And then I look up at the screen and says three hundred and two dollars and some change. And she's not phased at all, Like the clerk is looking at me like three hundred and two dollars.
Speaker 6: Okay, why is her grocery bill so high? She'll we give us the answer, Eddie, what do you think I.
Speaker 5: Have an idea?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 8: You know how when you go to the grocery store and you're it's all the foods on the belt and you use that divider to make sure you don't pay for somebody else's groceries. I think Amy got distracted, didn't have a divider, so they kept scanning.
Speaker 5: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 8: So she paid for two people's groceries. How does that work with her groceries? So they scan all of her stuff. There's no divider, so they start taking the stuff from the god.
Speaker 9: To someone else.
Speaker 3: Okay, lunchworks.
Speaker 4: I was thinking the person before her checked out and thought they were done, scan their credit card off. But this credit card didn't go through, so the total was still on the screen, so Amy's bill got added to that. So Amy was paying for the groceries that were in front of her.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's good.
Speaker 3: Similar, yeah, mine's the back of her.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like Amy would notice a bunch of groceries coming through and she'd be.
Speaker 9: Like, well, whoa, well, those aren't mine.
Speaker 5: You think Amy would notice? You think Amy would?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't. I just thought I was paying attention when she said three to.
Speaker 3: Oh two, because you just didn't blindly right, because.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you're on autopilot and I'm like I know what I'm getting, like we just check out. And then and the fact that the clerk was like, yeah, man, three oh two I'm like, you know what I just got. There's no way that's three hundred and two dollars.
Speaker 6: I would have thought, having worked a register before, there's a like you can hit at ten times there like you like salsa and you hit the ten times.
Speaker 3: Their buttons a lot of a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's not there, but you beat it once and you hit the button, all of a sudden it's booped.
Speaker 3: It rigs up for ten Like, is that your guess? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I like you guys's guess is but I'm going to go with that you accidentally rang something up for way too much.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, so the clerk couldn't figure it out for a second. She was kind of looking at the bagger and they were having a discussion. And then coincidentally, I knew the person that came up behind me, like there was in line behind me, I know her, and she was like I even heard her say three to h two and was surprised because she saw what I was getting. And so we're standing there waiting there trying to figure it out, and all of a sudden, the bagger runs off, and I'm like, where's the backer going? And I guess they determined that what lunchbox said could be the case, and they needed to go find the guy because he was already long gone and it was his.
Speaker 3: Bill he got free groceries.
Speaker 7: His bill was two hundred and sixty dollars, and then my groceries were added onto that, so my bill was going to be about forty dollars.
Speaker 3: Did they go find the guy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so, And then I felt bad because my friend did come behind me because she saw I only had a few things and she probably thought I'll be in and out of this line. And then we were like five minutes. I looked her, I was like, you should probably go to another line because I don't know how long this is going to take. She's like, it's fine. So finally they come running back in and the guy is like, oh my gosh, I'm so glad y' all found me. He was in his car, like leaving the parking lot, thinking he had paid for his groceries. He wasn't trying to get.
Speaker 3: Away, but he did like he was.
Speaker 7: They she barely caught him, and I don't know what they would do in that case. They would probably just have to clear his bill and that's just a rite off for them or something, and then they would re scan mine. But it was it was a close one. He almost got away with two hundred and sixty dollars worth of groceries. And then luckily I was paying attention, so I'd ended up paying for it all.
Speaker 6: Watch Watskins and A for his detective skills. And I give you a C plus because you were in the ballpark. Yeah, he didn't quite solve the crime.
Speaker 5: I was close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need some more more work. Comment Carmen san Diego.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, in case you missed the news, Bobby and his my if Kitlin are expecting their first child, so Lunchbox and Eddie wanted to offer up some of their dad advice. And I don't think you need a pin and paper for this one.
Speaker 6: Number three, guys on the show, I want to give me advice. My wife's pregnant. If you missed last week, we're gonna have a baby. And they both are just like shaking to give me advice. They have such great advice.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: They both reached out said hey, I want to give some advice to you publicly on the air.
Speaker 3: So okay. So they've been holding this in I'll let you go first. Lunchbox.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 4: My first piece of advice is a two for one. Okay, you gotta do breastfeeding, and you gotta get ear plugs. That way, in the middle of the night, you're not responsible to get up with the baby because you can't breastfeed, and you need the ear plugs because the middle of the night wake ups.
Speaker 9: You don't want to hear it.
Speaker 5: Smart you need to be sleeping.
Speaker 3: Can this question?
Speaker 9: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Whenever she breastfeeds. If she does not, we haven't even talked about that. Whenever she does, doesn't she pump, So that means there'd be in a bottle and I could also have to get up and do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you pump sometimes, but if you're gonna be around the baby all day, you don't really need to pump, because you can the baby can just get on the boob and take the milk. Like if you're going to work, if you're going on vacation without the baby, you do pump. But uh, yeah, I think you should really concentrate on the breastfeeding so you have live breastfeeding. Live breastfeeding is so much better for the baby. It's healthier and it's important you get your sleep. There's no point and both of you being awake in the middle of the night when those breasts are being or the babies being fed via the breast.
Speaker 3: Did you live by this with your wife?
Speaker 4: Lived by it? Lived by it. I did not wake up in the middle of the night. I did not have to deal with that.
Speaker 9: She live breastfed, and she would be miserable.
Speaker 4: And she was tired. She would lean pill, you know, she'd sit in bed and she would do it. But it was nothing on me. It was so perfect, like perfect me write this down right, Eddie.
Speaker 5: Wuldn't you agree? It's pretty good? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not to do Okay, what do you mean what not to do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: It sounds avoidant and irresponsible?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's not irresponsibly.
Speaker 5: These are these are all tips. Any good tips, Eddie?
Speaker 3: What's your first tip?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: So this is important, very important. One of the worst things about having a baby is changing the diaper. It's the worst smell sometimes and you're like, oh, this is so bad. You have to start early, okay, set the standard early. Act like you don't know how to change diapers, do the worst job possible so that when your wife sees the diaper go, oh my gosh, this is terrible.
Speaker 5: Don't worry. I'll just do it from now on, like put it on backward. Yes, that's perfect too.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that one.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, I said, I don't mind it.
Speaker 5: Amy. It's important. You have to do this early or else. Dude, you're gonna be changing thousands of diapers.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you all your eyes of that?
Speaker 7: Because it's ridiculous. You're not really going to do that. Yeah, well, how you got that one?
Speaker 5: I'm still married, got four kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you did it the first one. It did not continue with the rest. I guarantee you that.
Speaker 6: To be my first one. Mabe, I can skate through this one. Okay, that one I'll put in the possible category. Go high, lunchbox laundry.
Speaker 4: Mess up the laundry one time.
Speaker 3: Mess it up.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, like shrink the baby's clothes, do something, because then you will not be responsible for doing the baby's laundry.
Speaker 9: You're not. You're gonna be shocked because how much laundry you have to do.
Speaker 4: Because babies spill, they get stuff on it, it's gross, and you got to do loads of laundry every day and it's so annoying.
Speaker 9: So you mess up one load, shrink the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Boom.
Speaker 9: Guess what, you're all laundry, dony. I can't trust you to do the laundry. You screwed it all up.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 7: Okay. See, y'all are just their Their advice for you is weaponized in competence.
Speaker 3: They're converting me. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 9: Look, Amy, you said, Amy, but that is not what I'm.
Speaker 7: Doing a situation by acting like you can't figure it out and you know how to do it.
Speaker 5: So we had to learn the hard way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we're helping Bobby here that he's going into this and like we got.
Speaker 5: To help them.
Speaker 7: Okay, Bobby, don't listen to them.
Speaker 5: Okay, Eddie, Oh this was really important.
Speaker 8: Whatever you do, whatever you do, do not let your wife drive out of the hospital when you're gonna have a delivery.
Speaker 5: And do not stop for breakfast because you'll never hear the end of it.
Speaker 3: That one I can agree with.
Speaker 5: Yes, don't ever do that.
Speaker 6: But are you committing to the fact that you did that because for a while you didn't, Well, well no, I just say.
Speaker 7: Said, don't do it, or you'll never hear the end of it.
Speaker 5: I don't really remember if I did that or not, but just don't do it, okay.
Speaker 6: Uh So I have one tip down for sure going to follow, which is don't do what you did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't let your wife drive and.
Speaker 6: Then don't stop for breakfast while she's driving on the way to give birth to the baby.
Speaker 5: So make sure you have breakfast before you leave the house.
Speaker 3: And then mess up the laundry, mess up the laundry, mess up to die for.
Speaker 5: Changing, Yes, don't be good at that at all.
Speaker 3: And then don't wake up in the middle of the night with the baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make sure you're breast know you're doing breastfeeding that way, you don't have to get up, you guys.
Speaker 3: Anything about writing a book, No, but.
Speaker 7: We author incompetence.
Speaker 3: What would you call it lunchbox?
Speaker 4: I'd call it tips Ford tip tips for a successful dadhood.
Speaker 8: I would call it work smarter, not harder, daddy life daddy daddy version, Yeah, Daddy Taylor version.
Speaker 7: We could call it avoidance of responsibility.
Speaker 5: Amy don't know.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 4: We didn't say don't spend time with her. We didn't say don't do this, don't take your kid to the park. We just said, this is going to make your life so much easier. And isn't that what happened at kids? All about making life so much easier?
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: It's about hard there, it is.
Speaker 5: That's why the books call that.
Speaker 3: Thank you boys, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Bobby shared something that he recently really loves about in quotes, being pregnant. Yes, he was saying that as a joke because he knows he's not supposed to say that, but there's something he really loves about his wife having a baby, and it might not be what you expect.
Speaker 3: Number two, Can I tell you the best part about.
Speaker 7: Being Oh yeah, but you're not supposed to stay it that way. You're supposed to say about becoming a parent?
Speaker 6: No, no, like having a baby lessen, guys, the best part about being pregnant are the pillows. My wife had this pregnancy pillow. It was really long and if you stretched it out, it just looked like it was like six feet long. But it looks like a pair of legs, big long dangling legs.
Speaker 3: I say had because I use it every night now.
Speaker 7: You're like wrapped around it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 6: So I put my head on the top like the arch, and then I have it on both sides.
Speaker 5: It like hugs me.
Speaker 3: And then whenever I want to turn over on the side, it.
Speaker 6: Goes in between my legs and my knees don't hit because I hate when I sleep my knees are hitting each other.
Speaker 3: The best part about pregnancy.
Speaker 7: Are the pillows.
Speaker 3: The pillows.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 6: I wish I would have known about this years ago. I wouldn't have even needed her to be pregnant for me to have this pillow.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she had to.
Speaker 5: Order another one because you took it.
Speaker 3: Cause I took the first one.
Speaker 7: She had to order it. You should have ordered it.
Speaker 6: I know what site she got it from, A plus pillow. That's that to me has been a game changer.
Speaker 7: And like, there's gonna be a lot of things that you end up really liking out of this. Well what else, I don't know. I'm just I'm waiting for it. You know guys, maternity jeans are on.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I've heard that.
Speaker 6: Because yeah, I'm having to make a and I don't think I need to make a full nursery like it's baby, like, did you just put in a corner and like a crib.
Speaker 7: A little bassinette's when they're first I.
Speaker 3: Learned what that is. It's a tiny crib. It's like a micro machine crib.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: A good way of putting machine. And then you need a changing table. You know that, right, that's a little table one.
Speaker 3: It's in the kitchen. It's called kitchen table.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, you don't change the dictor on the kitchen table.
Speaker 5: I guess unless you have to sometimes you have to. But they need a changing table.
Speaker 6: Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I didn't know where you have to shift a whole room into a nursery.
Speaker 7: Now let me ask you, are you going to allow us to like because I know how you felt about just like people getting you stuff and I don't want crap guys. Stop no, no, no, no no, Like if there's a baby shower, you're fine with registering for baby showers?
Speaker 5: Are we not doing a shower?
Speaker 7: Obviously we are.
Speaker 3: What we do after the show's are own business.
Speaker 5: Eddie.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's up to my wife. A lot of this stuff. She just tells me what she wants, and then we do it. I never feel comfortable taking stuff from people.
Speaker 3: But also I had to like learn when we got married.
Speaker 6: I said the same thing and she was like, no, but people are going to get us gifts because that's what you do in our society.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so we will register for some stuff and we will happily accept it because if we don't register, they're going to get us gift anyway, it's just gonna be garbage.
Speaker 3: And so I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Okay, well let us know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well this would be helpful because what you're you are taking from us is joy, the joy of giving you something. Yeah, we don't want to take from us, but you're taking our joy.
Speaker 3: Cash No, okay, the last thing. Yeah, everybody needs cash. I need I need tipping money. That's why I have cash.
Speaker 7: Nobody's supposed to be for the baby.
Speaker 6: Well, if I'm tipping with tipping money in cash, Yeah, dude, you can't put golf clubs on this way.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute.
Speaker 7: Well, on his wedding registry, he put I'm gonna put this most expensive couch effort, the couch who got the couch our CEO.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he sent it and then never say anything about it for like four months. I don't know who got it, had to go track down, had to like call people, did you get me this couch? And they're like no, And so finally I hit that, Yes, found the person who.
Speaker 5: Got you never asked us and we got to the couch expensive.
Speaker 7: We wouldn't did you ever say to them? Ha ha? I didn't even really want that. I just registered to see if.
Speaker 3: I did want it.
Speaker 6: I never didn't want it, well I no, no, I always wanted it.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think anybody would get it for it.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's a good that's the way to put it.
Speaker 3: It was very expensive. It was kind of a joke.
Speaker 6: And so beep and then all of a sudden the couch shows up at our house and I'm like, hude, there was no name on it.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll register for the matching chair set for.
Speaker 6: The baby that couch, yes, yeah, the baby really needs it. Anyways, I gotta I gotta start clearing stuff out.
Speaker 3: Of a room for a nursery.
Speaker 5: Oh no, there goes the man caves. No, that room stays.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, it's a bedroom because it has a small bathtub right connected, like in that bedroom.
Speaker 3: So that's why.
Speaker 6: But I have a closet that's a bunch of my cool stuff in it. I got like my high school football jersey.
Speaker 5: No, that's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot of stuff like that. It's trash.
Speaker 5: What do you mean.
Speaker 7: To hold onto that?
Speaker 6: All of my like novelty jerseys that people give me.
Speaker 3: Like my name on it and stuff that I wear. You know, it's just a bunch of that stuff. I got it.
Speaker 5: I remember we had our baby.
Speaker 8: It was like all that stuff started disappearing. Had no idea where it went, but it slowly disappeared.
Speaker 3: Has it come back Nope? Never, never again, never again.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So that's the next plan is to do that and get that Lamborghini stroller.
Speaker 5: Yes, you need that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm gonna rt. Yeah, I'm going to register for. Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: That's the one thing I'm going to register for is that Lamborghini stroller.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 2: Everyone on the show is tasked with going to Goodwill or an antique store to find something for doctor Lory because she came by the studio and she did some evaluations and somebody may have scored something really big.
Speaker 1: Number one on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 6: Now, doctor loriie, we have a PhD of antiques. It is doctor Lorry, our favorite. Good to see a Doctor Lory. What are you doing in town?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 10: I was speaking at the good Will shop Goodwill e Summit, where you can go and scroll and find all the stuff that you know goes into donations and then gets onto good Will. And then I was taping from a YouTube channel in thrift stores and antique shops such because I show you what to walk by and what to buy.
Speaker 3: Right, that's cool.
Speaker 10: It's cool. And people have done really well following the YouTube channel and making money. You know, I've had some wonderful stories people who have said I hated a job. I followed your videos, and you know what, Doctor Lorry, I was able to quit that job and do this full.
Speaker 3: Time just by going on like thrifting but finding stuff to resell. Yeah, THAT'SO.
Speaker 10: And watching my videos. I had one woman who got in touch with me and she said, Doctor Lauray, I needed a medical procedure. It was a lot of money. I couldn't afford it, and I watched the videos. I did what you said, I resold it. I did it the way you told me to do it, blah blah, and so that was exciting and educating a child that's a big deal, right. So I was able to save money doing this reselling. Some of it's a side to hustle, some of it's just their full time jobs now. So it's cool. It's cool to have an impact like that.
Speaker 3: And you have a PhD in this.
Speaker 10: I have a pH d in Art and architectural history from Penn State.
Speaker 3: So what do you study when you're getting a PhD in this?
Speaker 10: Well, I worked in museums because I as a poor kid in New Haven, Connecticut, and basically the idea was I wanted to be around pretty things, right because I didn't have pretty things. So I lived about I grew up five minutes from the Yale campus, and I used to go to the museum and you could just go in for free and look around. So I studied museums, studies and art history. I got the after getting a swimming scholarship at the University of Michigan, and so I always had to go on scholarships, whether it was sports or something or smart's whatever it was, and anyway, so long story short, that's what you study. You basically study the construction of objects and the history around it, So you have to know what's going on in a time period and why that object is important in that time period.
Speaker 6: Have you had anybody or what is your most successful story of somebody bringing something to you and you got to reveal to them that the value was so much more than they thought.
Speaker 10: A gentleman I was appearing on my tour in Virginia. A gentleman was in Rhode Island. He had purchased a painting in Boston. He paid two hundred and seventy five dollars for the painting, and he said, I want you to look at it, because everybody's telling me it's a fake. So he drives it from Rhode Island to Virginia and I look at it during my one of my appraisal shows, and I said, well, there's a dust screen on the back. That's the piece of paper on the back of a canvas. I rip off the canvas, I rip off the paper on the back of the campus it says poor lemn Auguste Renoir. So by my hand I painted it. August Renois, the great French impressionist. So of course everybody's gonna think it's not real. Right, Well, there's a studio address for the nineteen eighteen World War two era studio that he abandoned because of the war. There's a dealer's mark on it, and I go, oh, yeah, it's real. And he just looks at me and he says, what do you mean it's real? I said, it's definitely real. It's a portrait of a woman leaning on her hand. Her name was Gabrielle, one of the very famous models of the French impressionists Renoa. And I said, oh, I said, so where'd you get it? I got it at auction. I said, well, you know it's worth two point one million dollars. No, my god, oh my gosh. Hand to god. So he looks at me and he goes, how do you know it's real? How do I know it's real. I'm the best in the country. How do I know it's real. All of the provenance stuff, all the background stuff was there. It was signed on the front. But everybody thinks these signatures are fakes. And she had her second husband died, They moved to ball She moved to Boston to be with her son, So it makes sense that it's in Boston. It was one of the last portraits of his very famous model. There's weren't a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Did he ever sell it?
Speaker 10: He did not sell it. I think he still has it, and I don't blame him. He's holding out for the value of it. It's a wonderful example and it's something that you know, all the museums and all the artist stories don't know about. So there it is. It's sitting right there. People have the stuff. I've been saying it since I started the tour in nineteen ninety eight. You have it. It's in your house just because it's yours. You think it's not valuable, But I'm telling you it's out there, and it's usually in those homes that you don't believe. George Washington's wallet came into my appraisal show with an eighty five year old woman and her one hundred and three year old mother. It was the wallet he was carrying when he crossed the Delaware and they're going, yes, we know. And they had all of the history, the family history of it. When you drove up to those women's home, those women live in a home worth maybe one hundred thousand dollars. The wallet was worth maybe three million dollars. No way, so you know, and they said, we don't want it. We're very happy. We wanted to go to a museum. We think it's a piece history. It's in a museum today. Oh wow, the stuff is around and people go, oh, no, it can't be valuable, and it's not on eBay and all of this stuff and it's it's stuff is out there.
Speaker 6: So I gave the show the homework to go to a lot, went to Goodwill. I went to an antique place, and we just we wanted to see if we could bring something in and it'd be valued it more than we bought it for, much like you teach. And also we read these stories that are similar where someone's like finding an old painting, yeah, and they go get checked out. It's like worth three million dollars. Now I know that's not normal or not all the time, but it does happen.
Speaker 10: Sure, it does happen.
Speaker 3: So Amy, I know.
Speaker 6: You have a painting for sure, So can you tell me the story of the painting you have and where you got it?
Speaker 7: So I went to Goodwill and it was the only thing they had there. At least that I could see that looked like it maybe could be there were some other ones, like maybe my trained eye, but this one just like it had a signature. And then on the back, okay, here we go. On the back, it had something tucked inside, and so there could have been other ones, but I just that was the only thing that drew me to it, was that the envelope tucked inside.
Speaker 10: And okay, I'm happy that you looked at the back too, because the back can tell you a lot of information for your listeners.
Speaker 6: Because the back, what kind of it? Says African lion on it? Is it a painting of a lion?
Speaker 3: Can I see it? So it's a painting of a lion. That's a cool line, and it says we're in wall. What if she hit it for.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, well, you don't have to be friends to be fancy.
Speaker 5: Doctor Lory her gloves on?
Speaker 3: What did you say you her gloves on?
Speaker 6: So Amy, don't say what you spent on it. I'm sure not much, but we'll see what she thinks the value as all right, doctr LOR's in with us.
Speaker 10: So here's what she's talking about.
Speaker 3: An envelope.
Speaker 10: So basically, what you have here is you have a lithographic print. So it looks like a painting, but it's not. Can you come back over here? Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Hey, you get scammed somehow? Amy owes more money?
Speaker 9: Amy?
Speaker 3: So yeah, let's that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Oh, Amy's got the thing in her eye that she's looking at Florry.
Speaker 3: Is it because it's all the dots.
Speaker 5: Or Amy's old?
Speaker 9: Yeah, one of the two.
Speaker 3: It's actually looking at diamonds back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Oh oh, here.
Speaker 3: We go paint strokes, but they're not like.
Speaker 7: They are.
Speaker 10: It's dots. But having said that, it's signed in the plate, which means when they actually make the image, he signs the work in one place and then they just reproduce it on more pieces of paper. Got it all right? So while you think it's a painting, it's a very good reproduction print. Okay, it's very good, and he's very well known. He dies in two thousand and five. Retail value on this piece is about one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: What'd you spend on it.
Speaker 10: Includes the frame?
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you spend?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 7: Let me tell you what I spent.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 10: Oh, we have this little bio which is good.
Speaker 7: But looking at the price, I was looking at the goodwill price tag. Yeah, five dollars and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 3: So could you put on the eBay make fifty bucks? You think, yeah, oh, good job?
Speaker 10: Put that need because some people just say, I don't care about the artwork. I'm gonna put a mirror in that frame and I'm gonna put it on my bath in my.
Speaker 3: Bathroom, Okay, any good job.
Speaker 10: She also purchased a piece that was by an artist who was known for m m Alia, which is basically animal pictures.
Speaker 6: Ami sounds dirty, I'm gonna be honest, it sounds like something you do in an animal I.
Speaker 7: Do feel like I used like tips or stuff I've heard you say before, Like I there's probably other stuff I could have gotten, but something about that or the envelope, I don't know, there's something that drew me to it.
Speaker 10: And now, well that's good and you probably you know a lot of it is the realism of it.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 10: It did look like an African line. I've never seen one, but you know, I guess they're good.
Speaker 3: That's what I would think.
Speaker 10: That looks like, yeah, but that's how it is. No very It was a.
Speaker 3: Good who all got something. Who brought something?
Speaker 5: I got something?
Speaker 3: Okay, Eddie, do you want to go?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 8: Doctor, you're explain what it is first. Absolutely, mine is also a painting. But now, after you did Amy's dots stroke thing, I think that mine is also a print.
Speaker 10: However, however, mine.
Speaker 8: Is signed by the artist and it actually is made to a guy named Chris. It says to Chris. It has the date on it and the artists signed it underneath. I'll give it to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, dots are strokes, Eddie. That's gonna be the question there it is. I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, let me know if you can use that little eye.
Speaker 5: Thing, I mean, strokes would be awesome.
Speaker 3: Eddie's going to the eye. Oh, yes, he's got the jewelery. Yes, Oh boy, what do you see?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure I see dots.
Speaker 8: Oh, these are very fine dots.
Speaker 3: Chris got a dotted painting.
Speaker 8: Almost almost looked like yeah.
Speaker 3: Has anyone ever painted Yes?
Speaker 10: The point to lists of the late nineteenth century have painted it. Of course dots right, yes, Paul Signac and the crew. They're not as important as Renoir. But anyway, so this piece is signed, pencil, signed and signed in the plate. You want both. This is all neither here nor there. But basically nineteen eighty two is when he got to sign it, pencil sign it, but he printed in nineteen eighty one. You want the dates to match. Not a bad thing, not a bad thing. And he just went like desponding. Good, No, it's not a bad thing. So Michael Sloan is a very well known artist of these kinds of pieces, this particular piece. Yeah, very very very very well known for this image as well.
Speaker 5: Well what and that image is called what a watchful eye?
Speaker 10: A watchful eye?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 10: So one animal is looking as the other animal sort of takes a drink.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: This reminds me of my Pennsylvania backyard where all the deer are and the all they do is like eat every plant I put back there. So, same kind of thing. Retail value on this piece is three hundred and fifty dollars. Whoa, I know, that's excellent.
Speaker 5: That's amazing, that's excellent.
Speaker 10: And the frame not great, bad frame, Her frame was really nice.
Speaker 3: This frame is like a reframe it and sell it.
Speaker 10: You don't have to do a thing to resell it, you know, you could just go, hey, it's here, too bad. The frame isn't great.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: You got it for five dollars nine nights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seven dollars after taxes and all that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know you got paid.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, And they asked me if I wanted to round up.
Speaker 3: I round it up to donate.
Speaker 10: They're doing good work. All these twift stories are doing good work to trying to help people in the community. So hey, round up if you can.
Speaker 3: Okay, Eddie, that's nice, Eddie.
Speaker 5: Hey, that is good news, Doctor Lorie.
Speaker 3: Think what do you think he can actually get for that?
Speaker 10: I think he could get. I think I like only eBay, I'd.
Speaker 3: Say that's good, that's walid, that's good.
Speaker 10: But you know, in the market retail, if you got it into an art environment market online, you know, one of those other websites platforms, I would probably say closer to three fifty.
Speaker 5: You gotta get it.
Speaker 3: Go to the clearinghouse, lunchbox. Oh I got something, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Oh let me tell you what I got.
Speaker 4: These look like they were made on the Mayflower.
Speaker 3: He's already selling, Doctor Lorrie.
Speaker 9: These are not These aren't paintings. These are I mean beautiful Mayflower.
Speaker 6: People like figurines, porcelain figures, these These are legit.
Speaker 10: Okay, these are so is that the brand so expensive?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 3: How much you spend on them?
Speaker 9: I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: And there's no dots.
Speaker 10: There's that there are no dots guys.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you have only two porcelain man, porcelain woman, the original people on the Mayflower.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, what do you say there?
Speaker 10: Let me teach you a little bit about time period first, yeah, go ahead that let me so. No, this is not Mayflower. My Flowers is sixteen hundreds, right, Sure, these are trying to look like the seventeen hundred these, but you're close, only one hundred years off. So basically the ide da here is that you have two Rococo Figuresoo Coco.
Speaker 6: You don't even know what that is of a Disney movie?
Speaker 3: Hey, does Rocco sound good?
Speaker 10: Or what it's good? So basically that is the eighteenth century in France. Okay, these pieces are made in Japan. Oh, in the eighteenth century. How old are they?
Speaker 9: When was fifty years?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Seventy five years?
Speaker 1: Whoa close?
Speaker 4: Those are great shape for seventy five years old. Exactly have you seen a seventy five year old look that good?
Speaker 10: Exactly? No, okay, so they are in very good condition. And one of those telltale signs of a Japanese reproduction is this gold little element down here, which basically they look like little strokes down at the bottom. So that's basically what you're looking at. And you have the pair. So anytime you have a set, you always want to maintain the set.
Speaker 9: That's what I thought.
Speaker 10: So you didn't buy just one and walk away.
Speaker 9: That would have been dumb.
Speaker 10: That would have been dumb. Yeah, okay, So retail value on these Japanese seventy five years old, retail value on the what do you think they're worth?
Speaker 9: I was thinking probably five hundred?
Speaker 10: Okay, well you're off by about four hundred. They're worth about one hundred bucks. Not bad, not bad. That's what'd you spend?
Speaker 3: Spend six dollars?
Speaker 10: Oh goodness?
Speaker 3: Still a prophet? What do you think you could get on eBay?
Speaker 10: Sixty?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 10: Still good?
Speaker 7: Make sixty?
Speaker 10: I tell everybody, if you can get something for ten percent and then flip it, you know, and you're gonna get one hundred percent. You're doing great.
Speaker 3: Are you disappointed?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Are you really six bucks to make a hundred?
Speaker 7: How could you be disappointed by that lunchucks. You need to target Grandma she exact, getting GRDMA publishing exactly.
Speaker 10: And don't be surprised when you see, you know, the twenty five and thirty year old ladies wanting these because they want really grandma's house. The fifty year old ladies don't want it to look like their mother's house, but the granddaughters wanted to look like their house, to look like their grandmother's house.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna go last. And so there's a small antique shop near my house.
Speaker 10: Did your wife go with you? I know she likes antie, she.
Speaker 3: Does, but not this time before.
Speaker 6: So this is a vintage leather helmet from back in the back in the football days, m back.
Speaker 3: When they played with leather helmets.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 10: And so I praised one that was Johnny Unitiss. That one was worth a lot of money.
Speaker 5: This one is, well, don't put it on your head.
Speaker 3: It looks small.
Speaker 10: See I'm with I'm with, I'm with Eddie.
Speaker 3: This is actually the helmet that's.
Speaker 10: All they have.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 6: Do that, okay, smelling, I don't know if you could even like you're the expert.
Speaker 10: What do you think they're see the construction on that.
Speaker 3: I don't see very well. Yeah, what does it happen?
Speaker 5: On the inside? Doctor lower?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 10: Whoa on the inside is leather Right on the inside, You've got reinforcements on both sides. And you can see that it's been in and I I don't want to say this because you put it on your head, but in here, mice have been in here, you know.
Speaker 3: That's that's old school.
Speaker 10: So that is old school to old mice, yes, old dead mice.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 10: Anyway, so that's what you've got. You have the original string too. That's unusual that you'd have the little shoe string here. I think the string actually was a later replacement because that used to be leather in there. Used to be leather to attach it so it wouldn't fall off now that it's going to protect you much. I don't like the green at.
Speaker 3: All Packers uh New Rotney.
Speaker 10: It's not that I don't like the packers, but no, it's just that I don't like the green on it. So I think this particular piece, well it days through the early years of the twentieth century. What'd you pay for it? You probably paid more in an antique store than they paid it. Goodwill paid twenty eight dollars for it. Oh, that's not that bad. That's not that bad. If you the one that I appraised that was belonged to Johnny Uniteds was worth upwards of fifteen hundred at the time, and that was some years ago. I would say retail value on this piece is going to be about seventy five dollars.
Speaker 6: I don't want to sell it. I bought it to actually have and keep myself.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because they're hard to come by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and so and the.
Speaker 10: Outside of it's in very good condition.
Speaker 3: Really, he didn't get to play much. I don't think that. Yeah, he's a bitch warmer, I guess.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it didn't get hit. And I got the little stand with it too. About that's pretty cool stand, Well.
Speaker 10: The cool stand is cool. And actually the stand, oh my.
Speaker 8: Gosh, if the twist happened, she's eye in that stand like it's awesome.
Speaker 10: Well, you know what it is. It's a girl thing.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, right, because is that for hats?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Okay, what do we have what you would doude over there?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's for hats. Okay, Well, then somebody di wied it. Somebody spray painted it. It's edwardy and it dates to like nineteen fifteen on the base, and then they added this part.
Speaker 3: At the top, which is what's the stand go for?
Speaker 10: You think, oh, twenty bucks? Fifteen bucks?
Speaker 5: Okay, fifteen she went down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, difference is I'm gonna keep mine in my house and show it off. You guys are gonna show your little paintings off. No, we're gonna sell you're gonna sell it.
Speaker 7: I might keep my lion.
Speaker 10: I like the African lion, and I like yours too.
Speaker 5: I'm selling it.
Speaker 6: What about the Japanese figures that look like the mayflower, Well, I think they.
Speaker 10: Kind of go with you know, lunchbox is motif, doesn't it means I think that I think they're nice. I'm upset that one of the fingers is broken. Actually her whole hand has no fingers, But we got to decrease value a little bit for that.
Speaker 3: It's like bad ai. So it's a low.
Speaker 10: Yeah, a I melot of mistakes. Low A little lower, Yeah, I go a little lower. I'm sorry, don't be so upset. It's only six bucks, but you got to look and make sure that the fingers aren't broken. But the rest of it really is quite good. And you were close with you know, Plymouth like Pilgrims.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like the hat years or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I had this thought when I was at Goodwill yesterday and I saw people going around and like filling up their cart with stuff, and I was like, I wonder if this is what they they're doing, Like they're buying it there and then reselling it somewhere.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'll tell you what they're doing. They're doing exactly that. They're reselling it in some places. They're cross listing it on multiple platforms at once, so you don't have to keep like I'm going to post it on this platform and that platform and this platform. They do it one place and then it just copies it to all the different platforms, the eBay, the Etsy's of this one or that one's. You know, when I teach my how to sell old stuff class, people are going, how do you do that? And there's a way you can do that, not difficult. You just have to do it right. Everything's work. We all know that. But that's basically what it is. So they're filling their carts, they're going to post it on multiple platforms. Some people just want to sell stuff for parts. That is huge at Goodwill and all of the thrift stores and antique stores because a lot of times there are collectors who just want to use the parts. They just like to tinker with an old watch, for example, so they need the parts from something. So that's what they're doing. They're doing quite well, and so are the thrift stores. You know, the thrift stores are a multi billion dollar Thrifting in general is a multi billion dollar business.
Speaker 6: Do you have a good story of someone coming thinking they have something really expensive and getting the harsh reality handed to them.
Speaker 10: I actually do.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 10: I was in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and a gentleman brought me a ball canning jar. It was blue, you know that, maybe a eight inches tall, and had the had the metal top and on the side of it it says ball eighteen fifty eight. And I said, well, sir, it's very interesting. It's in good shape. It's worth eight dollars and from the rafters in that order in that theater. He starts yelling at me, You're wrong, You're so wrong. What are you talking about, Doctor Laurie thought you were an expert.
Speaker 3: You're wrong.
Speaker 10: That's the first ball canning jar ever, I said, no, they all say eight because it's from eighteen fifty eight. I said, they all say eighteen fifty eight. So he really thought he had the first one because of the date that's embossed on the glass jar.
Speaker 6: That he was mad, tragic in my guts. That'd be tragedy, thinking I came with a one hundred thousand dollars jar.
Speaker 10: It's hard, isn't tough?
Speaker 3: Eight bucks? It feels like lunchbox with plummeting figures. He wanted to start yelling at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can go to doctor loriiv dot com or again, go to her channel because she teaches you how to actually do this as a side hustle or as a main career.
Speaker 10: Yep, people love it and orders if it's just for fun, how do people start a lot of people find me by accident and go I didn't know any of this. A lot of people start after they've made a mistake with something else, so they find out that they sold something too low, and then they go, oh, before I keep doing this, I better find out. So and you can start with just something that you don't care about in your attic or your basement. You know, you think I'm going to resell it. I want to remind everybody that sports collectibles are going to continue to be some of the biggest collectibles out there, and that you should really talk very seriously with kids and grandkids and whomever about fine art, furniture and jewelry because it's always going to be valuable. It's going to continue to increase in value long term as well as the sports stuff.
Speaker 6: I got really an advantage baseball cards the new as well, but I feel like vintage doesn't lose value, where news very much a lottery ticket. I agree with you, because players can either not be as good or they can mess up into personal lives, which sinks value. That's true, but dead people really can't do wrong, and so I've gotten an advantage Baseball cards like fifties, sixties yep.
Speaker 10: Thoughts on that, well, I will say my dad was a major League baseball player for a very short time in the forties, and this year I had the great honor of bringing his World War Two baseball balls to the Hall of Fame, which they accepted. So I was like beyond over the moon over that. And because of loving baseball always, those nineteen six, fifty sixty seventies, players have more of an aura of course around them. And because we didn't have all of the social media and all the connections that we have now, you will see that it was much harder to source those pieces. So if you have those pieces, the value starts much higher. So you're going to see that those pieces will continue to increase in value because of course they really are one of one, one of a kind. The newer pieces, you're right, when we know everything about everybody's personal life because of this connection we have with social media, you'll see that those pieces won't retain value as well. And so many people sell them as lots. But if you have one, you have the Mickey Mantle, you know, Rookie Card, you have those kinds of things, you're gonna probably do pretty well.
Speaker 6: We really enjoyed this. Thank you for coming by. Are you off on another?
Speaker 10: Oh my gosh. I'm just happy to be here at a great time in Nashville and it's a great city to come back more often. And yeah, I just came from Houston. I'm on my way to Atlanta, and uh, I'm touring and people can bring their stuff to my appraisal tour and then get them on my website and just if you have a question, I'll answer it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Doctor LORIIV dot com and then check out our YouTube channel at doctor Lori V.
Speaker 3: Any final questions for doctor Lauri touchbox.
Speaker 9: Can we get your numbers? We can text you pictures from Goodwill.
Speaker 10: He's gonna shop and just send her by this for you lunchbox. Anything man can to.
Speaker 3: Me on air, we yeah, access to that.
Speaker 5: It's terrible.
Speaker 3: We would never Doctor Lory, thank you. We really enjoyed this.
Speaker 10: Hey, nice to be with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you awesome, Thanks you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Thank you for catching up with me on the Bobby Bone Show from this week and maybe every week if you're always here. I appreciate you so much. Part one, Part three this weekend again is with Scooba Steve. I really encourage you to check it out. It's always fun, just a little conversations between friends, and then you.
Speaker 9: Can check out my podcast.
Speaker 3: Take this personally.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend came on this week and we shared our story how we met and his story, which is super emotional and incredible. So I hope you guys go check that out wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 7: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 9: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platform Yes Bob Show and followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.