Speaker 1: All right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton, Watts Bay to LA. Come on to California, say from Owley to Valley. We represent that Keller County. So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles Chronic Goals. He gonna tell you how we goals. If I lie, my nose will grow like Pinocchio. We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the chosans the chronic goals. This is not your average shows. You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't big change and big spields the streets.
Speaker 3: Hello, Welcome to the gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael on your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles, leave a start rating the comment what's happening? What's up? Welcome to another episode of the Gangs the Chronicles podcast, broadcasting from the mother Flipping Coin Academy with my guys, Yeah, and my man is soaring Baker. You had to start saying your own name.
Speaker 1: So all right, sorerin Baker, I'm in the buildings. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Off journalists extraordinary super journalists and my man a was out last week. How you feeling, you're good?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm straight. Everything good for sure? For sure.
Speaker 3: Man, there's a lot of real interesting shit going on in that list. Don't have a few of the rapper only's upset dog.
Speaker 5: They ain't nobody, you know. I haven't heard any comments. I've seen a few comments.
Speaker 3: But you know, the funniest thing is when they get mad and because they missed their name on the list, and I'm like, well you on that, bro, you don't see it. You're right down at number twenty six, twenty seven.
Speaker 5: They said, both of y'all fucked up for y'all crazy is hell? Y'all ain't got no Sebo, y'all crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one of the He's one of the greats, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Like that, what I you? The bowl is a gangster? How How how come Sebo had no album on the list?
Speaker 3: Hey man, Sebo? For me, Sebull came in like rong, number fifty three, fifty four. He was close to it. But you gotta understand something. If you put Sebull in here, if you bump somebody out and put him in, then you have another person. But why you didn't have him? You can't everybody can't be in the top fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think people's opinion of when you say and gangster rap, how can you not consider Sigo he is he is the most West Coast gangster gangster gangster? You know, how can you now Seboll do great work? But you know what I got for all the can you have somebody like the Loonies or mob deep over somebody who represents criptit as far as a gangster.
Speaker 3: So because every nigga is a Cripinogos had the album and the.
Speaker 5: Tough for because well that's because people are saying, y'all are calling it gangster rap. Well, who's who's gangster? So you're saying a nigga in New York is gangster more than a nigga claiming a crypt set in Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Well, you know the thing is.
Speaker 5: And I'm just saying because this is what this is what the the questions that are being presented as far as you know, because niggas just they have their opinions about what's a gangster rap album?
Speaker 3: And I have a solution for all them people out there. Listen, I got this, I got I got no. I ain't gona get a nigga a solution for all of them. I ain't gonna get niggave because that's what it is, just an opinion, right right, Yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna tell you the secret to all this big dog and this this is soft everything. Go one, victual Pin, pick up a piece of paper and you can write your own list and you can have wherever you want to in there.
Speaker 5: But as a normal citizen and a motherfucker who don't have a billion download platform podcast, has there gangster chronic like Sawing Baker who's been on all kind of you know, platforms, and you know, got a book out about rap and all of that. I'm just a regular truck driving nigga who go to work from nine to five. I'm not making no gangster. You the expert. How can you not have ce Ball?
Speaker 3: I feel like you know what, man, And don't get me wrong, A lot of thought went into this shit though. It's like I'm gonna get I'm gonna get on you too. So and because a lot of uthers had to be about how can you not have dog? Pound mother fuckers when you know what, and that's I'm I'm gonna read my list first of all. Right now, I'm gonna read the list.
Speaker 6: Well as far as dog Pound Dazz is like nigga, I'm gangster rap, well dad, and you have a lists.
Speaker 1: Is on the chronic ands.
Speaker 5: On doggy now, not as all here, I'm the dog Pound, Dazz, Dillagers, Gangster, Long Beach, twenty first Street cripping. Again, these are what people look at as y'all niggas talking about where does gangster come from? Right right? Because that's their opinion. Like I said, we got gangster shit that I felt like. I listened to gangster records from here to New York. In my opinion, ghetto boys gripping on another level. That was gangster to me. Absolutely Home three two the convicts, that was gangster shit to me. But you know how some people feel like, you know we from right now?
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 5: We're from the West Coast, We from Compton, Lone Beach, Watts, South Central. Fuck it. Even if you want to go up to the Bay Area in Oakland and Sacramento, you know we are the epitome of gangsters, cripping, blood and you know, on wax, banging on wax. So how you know that's the opinions again of some other cats who feel like but the niggas from the beach, me.
Speaker 1: From the East Siders are on my list.
Speaker 5: East Side they was twenty first Street, you know, insane rolling twenties, like, how can they not be in your consideration of the fifty top gangster rap right?
Speaker 3: So, I don't know if we give more gangs in this. This is the top ten number one Snoop Dog doggy Style two ice Cube Death Certificate, three Doctor Dreda Chronic four Easy Easy does It? Five n w A Niggas for Life, six Ghetto Boys, We Can't be Stopped? Seven fifty get Richard Datrum, which was against them, Hey darthor Dreda Chronic two thousand and one, nine ice Cube America's most teena scarface to Fix eleven n W three out of Compton m C. Eight We Come Strapped, Ice t Ryan pays fourteen bone Thugs Harmony East nineteen ninety nine Eternal that was against them.
Speaker 5: Which you consider that more gangster than a dog food? No, but let me finish. No, I'm just saying, though those are your top fifteen whatever. But you can consider Bone Thugs more gangster than the dog pound, dazz and corrupt.
Speaker 3: This is music.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not who's more gangs and it's still music because because still in the aspect of the dog pound versus ball Thugs and armony, dog pounds still is more gangster.
Speaker 1: But that's a different conversation here.
Speaker 3: That's a different conversation. Now, if I'm picking some motherfuckers, do you.
Speaker 1: Know who represents cripping the hardest? Then that's a different like that. Yeah, that's a different question.
Speaker 3: And then this is what I say right here, they told about three shit, you know you've got the first.
Speaker 5: Or maybe maybe maybe the aspects should have been more on street records instead of gangster because when you go gangster, niggas are gonna go. How can you say Bone Thugs is more gangster than us? Right, you get me, because that's what they consider gangster rap. Let's let's put it in let's go to the West coast in general. Feet Oh, straight up. Absolutely, they didn't start saying gangster rap because of us.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: If Bone Thugs in harmony came out whatever, they would never been called gangster rap. They would beat Bone thugs in harmony, right, you give me. But because the symbolization of gangsters came from West Coast niggas going with crips and bloods. Okay, So niggas like Easy started talking about boys in the hood because we were hood niggas. You're right, you under saw the aspect of some people. The generalization is I love bone Thug bang the fuck out of East nineteen ninety nine. But when you go put it up against somebody who's supposed to be a gangster fucking rapper, people are gonna question that. Like, I never considered bone Thugs gangster. Was they street? Yeah? They were smarter niggas, but they know But that's.
Speaker 1: That's like, But that's the thing of different people looking at different things. We you and I didn't think the Loonies were a gangst The rap album still did, but that's still's opinions. So it's not a to me. That's one part of us that, dude.
Speaker 5: Do you like does it go to the aspect of so when you bang Operation Stackola.
Speaker 1: Which is a phenomenal alc to the.
Speaker 5: Loonies, that you think they were gangster niggas or you just felt they were some street niggas.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what I feel like. This, I feel like anything with catsers talking about some street ship. I think, see that's what we disagree those. I disagree with you.
Speaker 1: Still I don't think of it that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that's to me, I don't think of it. I don't think that niggas, who's everyone who talks street ship is a gangster rap.
Speaker 3: But that's why I said, And here's the songs on the album On Louise album number two, on which album Operation stack Ola you got? The intro number two is put the lid on. You talked about busting on somebody.
Speaker 1: But that's not that's not gang banging those that's it's not gang but it's not gang bag.
Speaker 5: It's street ship. It's not what they're saying they're from, or they claim they're not in the vill.
Speaker 3: They claim in the vill.
Speaker 5: What's what's the ville? The ville is the neighborhood where they're from. The ville was up in the one one of the artists neighborhoods, and the one on the West coast is up there. They do their ship, They selling dope up there, they're selling pussy, they doing some everything. Motherfucker's getting shot that's some gamester shit to me. It's just it's just the aspect of where you, like I said, Like I said, you saying the West coast. West coast artists are gonna always fit, especially if they in that field. But because like I said, we've had niggas outside of gangster shit. We've had Hieroglyphics, We've had fucking de Al, the funky Homo Sapeyen, We've had the Alcoholic and I wouldn't the Rep album No, And that's what I'm saying, But they still talk to street shit. I banged the Alcoholics because it's street ship. To me. The niggas ain't talking about motherfucking you know, riding hot air balloons and niggas talking about nigga we getting drunk in the neighborhood and you know bitches and that's some street shit to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the Alcoholics on always represent themselves as a hip hop group.
Speaker 1: There was more like of course, I think too. This is another big thing that I think, kind of building off what E's saying, is that when we go to other cities, Chicago got a lot of gang banging music. But because the media or the fans or whatever, nationally the West Coast. However, don't look at it like, oh, these dudes are representing gd These dudes are representing whatever they represent, landin Kings, whatever, Vice Lords. They're not looked at as gangster rappers to the average person, even though if you listen to a lot of their music it's super gag bang.
Speaker 5: They would be considered gangster them. And here you have the niggas talking about we from sixty this, yeah, sixty that, we from this, We from Tucaville.
Speaker 1: We from one A saying back in the day, nobody looking back, No, no, they were banging on their records because back in the day when you got when you listening to Hey in the Barn, right, Oh, but niggas going there, them.
Speaker 5: Niggas a street I knew, Cruise Show did a lot of songs with a lot of shows with them, But nobody would go all their niggas gangster rappers.
Speaker 1: But they knew that in Chicago because you understood the slang, and you have to understand the slang in order to be able to look at them as gangster rap rappers.
Speaker 5: Pip was good street, you know it. But yeah, the Chicago image to us was common and ship like that. So but then, like I said, when you go down south, there was the Ghetto Boys, there was fucking Willie B. Scarface Bushwick, it was Big Mic, it was fucking three two. It was fucking against the nip and you know it was it was it was well, you knew.
Speaker 3: I had a conversation, was fucking slim thug you know, it against the rap to me in the North, in the North, the Boss of the North and a w f the North, nor big Boss of the North, slim Thuger, slimp Thugger has some dope as albums.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh that's that's all I was saying. You know, the opinions of and I feel that the opinions of certain certain consumers and fans as opposed to you know, because then that's gonna be the controversy. Oh how can you not have this? So and still how can you not have this record? But you got this wreck?
Speaker 3: And I think my list is gangster then the motherfucker fifteen DJ Quick Quick as the name, sixteen Snoop Dog, the last Meal, sit.
Speaker 5: All, you let me acts this, I'll do it, both of y'all. Out of the top fifty gangster rap records, what did you not consider about CBO not making the top fifty? Oh oh, you said he's fifty two.
Speaker 1: He had it all, he had like three albums made.
Speaker 5: You as your list go, he ain't gangster enough to make my top fifty.
Speaker 3: Well, see, first of all, I didn't engage must for who the Heart because if it was based off who the artist motherfucker was, that's a different needs you knowing a lot of these people personally, a lot of these motherfuckers on here. I ain't saying in bad, but they ain't.
Speaker 1: This to the artist, be a different list, be a different list.
Speaker 5: I questioned it. Uh, we all want to question your your heartness authenticity.
Speaker 3: Right now, queens.
Speaker 5: I ain't saying nothing right, They just saying this is kis. This is just like like, yeah, we we got questioned your hood is or whatever. We just I'm just asking them, you know, and this is that this is their personal opinion. It's not about your your stripes, and it ate about how many times you got down with the opposition, or if you're a crip, if you ever h you know, got into some blood ship or if you're a blood if you ever got into some crip shit. We're not We're not question than that. I'm just asking his opinion because of his top fifty. Why didn't he consider see bowl inside that fifty?
Speaker 3: Actually, you know what I'm gonna tell you. Where I originally had Sea Boot Dog, I had the mob Father in there, right, Okay, I originally had the mob Father in there.
Speaker 5: But I originally had that at number forty one. Okay, So what made you thank you? I had to go back and ruder you have as forty one, I got Coolia It Takes a Thief. That was a hard ass album.
Speaker 1: And I just say, to those two albums, I'd go with the mob Father, not because it's cool, yeah.
Speaker 5: But what gave me a choice and COOLi, oh, rest in peace was my peoples. You know. I would go with the lie Father all day or that one direction, going on quality of not quality of music, but not necessarily Still yeah, okay, let me.
Speaker 4: I want to hear this.
Speaker 5: I want to hear this.
Speaker 3: What on the thing is I'm gona I'm gonna acknowledge y'all both about something about Coolier takes it because it sounds like you're a sleeping on homie. No, that's not it. Never well, let me remind you all about something looking at hurt all you all out, I'll hurt all yo. Let me put my track listen up all right, talk about the county Line of Will's fair office that don't like it, don't have nothing? What what the fuck did this? She gotta do with gangs bangers? So a motherfucker to.
Speaker 5: Have a reality saying then why then why didn't we do a list that says reality, rap records or street influence records. He says, when you go gangster, niggas is gonna go no way. Toulio's music is more gangster than ce Bowl and it has nothing to do with because he talking about the county Line and welfare.
Speaker 3: With a gangster and the album went two times patting them sales.
Speaker 5: Latinum because of Gangster's Paradise.
Speaker 3: Well, no, that was on the next album.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying. I'm just saying, still.
Speaker 8: It takes a thief. Gangster's paradise on It takes a thief. Yeah, okay, but thank you. When you heard that shit, he'll be thinking either Conny lyone be checking me. Actually, hold on, man, I'm a brother, tell you well, need you, We want you to know why you went with it takes a thief.
Speaker 5: Mob five.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm gonna tell you if something gainst his paradise wasn't on, it takes a thief. It is, brother, show you something, Brother, show you something.
Speaker 5: Why can't you just answer the question and stop trying to compare your songs? This is what what made you pick? It takes a thief over the.
Speaker 3: Mob Father because I thought it was a better body of work. Not like that right there. I thought it was overall a bitter.
Speaker 5: Pun So what just production and publicity and all of that.
Speaker 3: Oh, not just that man right there. See, I looked at the broad appeal of it, and the mob Father album was the ship it is. I lost like I ain't gonna say I lost sleep over this ship. But it was hard. I went back and forth up to the last mint over this ship. It was a lot of shit that guy switched out. And I remember them songs. My father was one of them.
Speaker 1: Uh, gas chamber for me is up there. Almost almost put up the casket.
Speaker 3: Drops, come on, man, Almost put FBI by my guys from out of Flint, Dayton family, Dayton Family, Almost put FBI. I feel real strongly about that. That's a great album. Almost put that up in there, and I almost put the almis up in their top authority. That was one of the most some to blaze too. That Michigan Flint had some cold ass gangster shit jumping.
Speaker 5: Let me hear your shit from forty to fifty, From forty.
Speaker 3: To fifty, Here you go right here forty brother Ling Shawn, Season of the Sickness. I'll take that forty one Coolie or it takes a thief forty two Spice one self titled forty three Big Mic some serious number forty four do or Die? Picture this number forty five, young jeezy. Let's get a thug motivation one on one forty six but of law, living like hus forty seven scar Faced The World is yours forty eight Thug Life, Thug Life Volume one, forty nine, Doug Life. Yeah, a thug life, Big Psych or a little liquor. I'll let it on there. Don't blame mama. You can't blame my daddy, Big Psych and all of them.
Speaker 5: I know they were nine, then his favorites, then his personal favorites forty I have no disrespect to Thug Life. I never listened to that record.
Speaker 3: I like that record.
Speaker 5: I like I never listened to that rap.
Speaker 3: Forty nine and y'all might disagree with this, but I thought mag Drad was gangster. Mag Dre's stupid, doodoo dumb and number fifty mc breed a new breed.
Speaker 1: Eight steal. Half of those I wouldn't say are even gangster rapper.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, y'all basing everything off of a motherfucker's a cripple blood.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're banged yet they have to be it. So they have. In order for you to be against rapper, you have to be a member of an organization. That's what it is in the blood and that's what I swept that cost, that's what said that against him. Thereforece coalition.
Speaker 5: He was with the funks.
Speaker 3: From the Crest.
Speaker 5: Listen, and I can get it, like you know, everybody does against the rapper. Everybody doesn't have cripping and blood and I get that. So the aspect of when you say gangster rat.
Speaker 3: And almost puts juvenile up in that more for the form of the degrees juvenile in against the rapper, Nah jay Z reasonable DoLS. That's not a lot of records I wanted to put in here. I didn't put in because yes, right there, I didn't put jay Z's reasonable. That's not a gangster rapper, a gangster rapper.
Speaker 5: That's just to me that street ship. It is street street ship is different from gangster ship. Still, you're different, and I get it. You come from the side where you feel like nigga gangster is a gangster. It don't matter if he claiming the hood. But you can't tell that to niggas who claimed hoods and who are gangst the rapper.
Speaker 3: I understand that. That's why that's what I'm saying. On the West Saw, everybody has their opinion like that. That's their opinion, that's their stances.
Speaker 5: No, even if you go to the East Coast, you go to the East coast, they called us gangster rappers.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you, this is Benny Sigel against the rapper. Not to me, his his song should have been on this. I didn't put him in there because I knew you all would be coming with this ship right there, right there, Benny Siegel.
Speaker 5: Had water and he was hood Benny hood Is. I thought he was hood. I thought he was hood. What I put him in the category because of seeing how you step in then he would probably make my list for gangster rap records.
Speaker 3: And I thought I could swear all these people gonna hear his gainst the rappers to me and my my humble opinion.
Speaker 5: And I didn't have a whole I just crossed streets. It with with with with gangster rappers two different things. I don't know, and a lot of people do that. That's why when you when you can say I thought it takes a thief was more gangster than the mob Father, You're never gonna get that fucking.
Speaker 3: See see not in base minol, because if it was based on the criteria who the hardest motherfucker is, the two motherfuckers at the top, the list would have been se Boll and Trade or that.
Speaker 5: But but but the nigga wouldn't have a nigga, wouldn't have second geinst you a nick and tradey hard as a mother fuck I can ranks.
Speaker 3: The nigga can rhyme like the mother let me rhyme.
Speaker 5: And you know why it's a difference.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 1: You know why.
Speaker 3: You know why I got the East Sidens and their self titled album in there because they both rhyming like a motherfucker se Bull was rhyming like a motherfucker on the gas chain brand motherfucker. Everything Sebell put out was a one. I'm not saying he wouldn't they one. It was just in my personal opinion.
Speaker 5: Is, come on, take a ride on the fantastic voyage. It's like compare that to a se Bowl song where Sea Bows standing on the block with.
Speaker 1: In fact, still, if I remember correctly that.
Speaker 5: A nigga's riding around on bike wheels and shit and making shit comical, you're never gonna get a nigga that you feel me?
Speaker 1: Hey, what is Coolio? Oh no, what does Coolio say on Gangster's Paradise. Ain't no blooding, ain't no cripping, Ain't no punk ass brother set tripping. He's actually saying I know what he's saying. But it's also like, come.
Speaker 3: On, it was a different see y'all taking it from the stands man, y'all, But he says it on the song still, but the brother is saying that ain't no set tripping going on that day. Brothers have a good time. Niggas ain't just hard. Twenty four motherfucker siven.
Speaker 5: If if you want, if you if you want to, if you want to give that on the aspect because Coolio I was from the West Coast. He came up with dub you.
Speaker 1: Know, and any damn thing changes on my list.
Speaker 5: But to me, Coolio wasn't crazy once he touched that pop side. I'm not tripping off of that. I'm not finna rap rapped on colorblinde.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you all this.
Speaker 5: I'm finna rap about having fun par address code and you get me, nigga, we finna be one, two, three four, get yall. You know nobody's gonna.
Speaker 3: Come, he ask y'all. List down. He balling MJG on there, coming up hard. They're not gangster. The album one Gangster.
Speaker 1: That's a gangster album. Bank robbery, mister Big.
Speaker 5: That's some street ship. It's some street ship. Yeah, and it's street That's where I'm coming from.
Speaker 3: I got dubb C. The Shadi is on there, y'all. Don't think Mob Deep murder music, y'all. I think that's gangster shit.
Speaker 1: I put Mob Deep on my list. I think they're gangster for real, for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, and the thing he is, I don't know what products you getting. Old boy is the hardest motherfuckers in the world. I don't think about it was just a hard ass out and that shit used to be.
Speaker 5: You know, they got some people Like I said, it's it's a difference of opinion of what motherfucker's gonna say gangster shit is, because if you never came from the gang bang life, you gonna consider anything a nigga talking about pulling a pistol. I saw dope. You know whatever whatever to you that niggas is gangster.
Speaker 3: I want to ask because I don't can't, I don't clean crippled blood, and I think I've done everything damn near every every other motherfucker from other neighborhood don't did except for gang bang. I wanna I wanna see something real quick, cold on, real quick. I'm gonna ask the motherfucker that nigga is really from the motherfucker and I know you're really from the soil, but I just want to see all side nigga's opinion, right, it's really from the hood, a fady. I got you on a Gangster Chronicles live right now. I want to ask you question, right, I gotta ask you a question. So I'm gonna be doing a whole bunch of customers.
Speaker 5: You know, all this nigga do, man, he all we gotta put is he already gotta do his live call leans or some ship when we get to when we get to digging and steals ass. That's what he got the call for backup right quick.
Speaker 3: Hey, when we was kids, dog was all the eighty five six you was doing. I was doing it with you, right, I'm gonna let yeah he did you steal up? He don't be thinking man, he he just just know I'm talking about as far as the ship that we begt you know, like a nigga was selling dope, A nigga.
Speaker 5: Was still wants it. Still wants to know the difference.
Speaker 3: Let me know.
Speaker 5: I'll be check it out. Still wants to know the difference of gang of gang ship and street ship. Is there a difference?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: You go.
Speaker 3: We talked about some music.
Speaker 5: It don't matter if it's music or if it's it's night. Difference between gangster shit and street ship?
Speaker 4: Is thatactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And then it's still I don't I got if I wouldn't went to the Bennett Pintry, you end up being from the set that was so different. But yeah, you know that nigga bus some niggas up nigga pistol on your set, acting funny with your money and set. Well, get that about this in your free with Nigga was going about.
Speaker 5: It, but you just you just heard him. If I wouldn't have went it a being you would have went, you would have got put on the hood. There's a difference.
Speaker 3: You aren't you.
Speaker 5: You know you ain't from the hood. You ain't from the hood. Yeah, you were selling. I know plenty of niggas right now who don't claim shit and still do street ship. I still serve, I still get my whatever, but I'm not going around claiming a particular spot and we it's a difference between gangster ship and street ship.
Speaker 4: That can I do.
Speaker 3: That would have coupled you if you're the claim to say what I mean by that.
Speaker 4: You was able to cause tyresending line fuck with niggas from the Red from different sets.
Speaker 7: You was able to mingle on going around and not have a uh you know protocol that's ad to do some He'll back there if you saw a nigga from another set, and then with ny it was a little dude. If you were the active live day when you got cracking on that nigg off the dribble and we were doing that. You know, long sight, really negga get pomper me with the gas because she went to the brother the spot, they gonna get pomping.
Speaker 3: But are you not being.
Speaker 5: You wasn't affiliated, so you can still go out there and cop dope and sell and do all that. But when you see a nigga from the other side, you're gonna be like, hey, what's up on me? You're gonna be like, what's up? Man? It ain't gonna be like nigga, this is the who it on sight. It's a difference between gangster ship and street ship. I know plenty of niggas who from the streets, who have who you so? So you crossed that over to these albums too? Are Is there difference between street records and gangster records? Do you could sit.
Speaker 3: Probably let me ask you this. Would you consider Rick Ross against the rapper? What you what? Thank you?
Speaker 5: What you consider se Bowl against the rapper?
Speaker 3: Is he a gang member?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a difference between games street. It's a difference just saying.
Speaker 3: You just put the cripple all up in the music.
Speaker 5: It's not about blood, it's it's it's about the name gangster compared to just street.
Speaker 4: S w we call holimited an. When the Funks came out, they wouldn't put on niggas. Know what it goes, Well, you know you knew what them niggas a fuck? Well you know what's there, Ragusa than me.
Speaker 5: They didn't give a fuck. They didn't give a fuck Nigga. On my first album cover, I had a Nike jacket on. You give me. I didn't have all blue bandannas and whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 5: It's just because niggas knew I was from Tragnu. That's a gangster rapper. When I went out of town in New York and I went to promo, shit and woomti wom and niggas see us jump out with sweatshirts on and blue khakis and blue Nikes with strings in them, and shit, they go them niggas gangsters. Now, I could have jumped out in some guest jeans and a regular button down and been like, yeah, nigga, I'm from Compton. They'd have been like, oh, yeah, that's the he from the streets. But nah, not when I'm jumping out nigga with the jury curl nigga and the tea hat on and motherfucking the khakis and the blue converts with pot of blue strings in them. When I walk up in that corporate office, them nigga's going, that's a Ates the rapper. They're not going that nigga street.
Speaker 1: It's a difference.
Speaker 4: I just could have done. Thure ain't a nigga.
Speaker 7: Man, I've been fucking dad because when producing all that, I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Perfect perfect, perfect example, perfect example. Coolio from Campton, which you considered Cooliol Gates the rapper.
Speaker 4: I mess before I knew he was a rapper.
Speaker 3: I knew he was a cod and then I know he messed with in the mass.
Speaker 4: Up head coy to rescue.
Speaker 5: So when you when you put on a Coolio record compared to a Ceball record, who would you say was more gangster?
Speaker 3: Didn't know walk? I feel you man Yoga ostracized me. So I ain't got no sea Ball on this business. Time to start fucking with him.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying though, just like I'm just saying, you know, I got the same thing for Soaring though, because so I got his list.
Speaker 3: What I will admit Sea Ball probably should have been on this list somewhere, but now do we take one of Scarface's albums off?
Speaker 5: Now, it's just it's to let me tell you what happens with that type of ship, what the face had.
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: We got scar Face in the Gettle network.
Speaker 5: What happens with Sea Ball is because Sea Bowl got you.
Speaker 3: Got eight on that.
Speaker 5: Let's just face it.
Speaker 1: He was an underground rapper.
Speaker 3: Ever made it. Volumet teen I was volume teer against the repord. I know he had the one song pistol Dude.
Speaker 7: That was a jack of album nigga I was. He was out the bank it off, putting my lap all the time. I've been checking forum and got foods gonna beet jacking from my PRIs.
Speaker 3: That is probably the most gas pistol rip. But was this album like, where's the body of work at?
Speaker 5: With no?
Speaker 1: It's called hip hopraa, it's not a gangster rap out.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, some dudes didn't want the gangster rap title right. A lot of niggas didn't want it. A lot of niggas didn't want it because, like I said, it was a different time back then. Now you can say you're a gangster, talk about you from trag New we shot up a gang of niggas and then you get twenty million downloads and shit you give me.
Speaker 1: But back in argument, it was getting banned not playing videos.
Speaker 3: Yes, people did not like us. You know why should have liked this though? Me knowing a lot of rappers they call theyselve gangsters and some niggas from me even hood, I feel like I was more active than they was when we.
Speaker 5: Was younger, you know, And I get what you're saying to that still, but now you like at the fun we get this off from the door.
Speaker 6: We had.
Speaker 7: I think the way artists like yourself and uh, the artists who did not come out and say what he was from on their record, but niggas we knew where he was from, I think you made no money doing it that way. Then the way niggas put they set out there. Now, I think you eliminate yourself of making some kind of money was because you're signifying where you're fun. Back then, I don't think that the major dung Leney seeing out where he was fun by you not signifying word about where were you're from over and over in the song.
Speaker 3: I think you made more money.
Speaker 1: Like that, Yeah, but that the person made more money like that, that's why everybody wore neutral colors for years on the album covers and the videos, all that.
Speaker 3: You were married and you know I had never met you personally, you shouldn't give We thought we knew where he was.
Speaker 5: Fun.
Speaker 4: You know what wasn't no buzz they one you did? So in any other artists that.
Speaker 5: We came out with a blue cassette tape. Man, My first album on cassette.
Speaker 1: T was a blue the blue tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I was bang man, I'm know you going.
Speaker 5: I didn't give a fuck. Sure, but I didn't give a fuck. Nigga. I was gang banged, Central nigga. Nigga Blue Tape, Nigga count in high school nigga. I had nigga about twenty track new niggas in the video, like.
Speaker 3: Said, shit, we was always my aspect of shit, right because.
Speaker 5: That was shit I was doing already before.
Speaker 1: That's who you were, Yeah, that's who you were.
Speaker 5: That's why it's the difference of being street, because I could have been a nigga who was living in Campting, never gang banging. I still had to skill to write and do music, so I could have just been a nigga just you know. But for the fact that I came up game banging, I started gang banging and from singing the fucking oppression from being a gang banger and the like a nigga. I got the rights about this shit like because as I saw no way, you know. But like I said, it was plenty of niggas who records that I banged. I didn't consider gangster, just considered the street shit. Fucking like you said, a reasonable doubt. I banged the fuck out that shit. It gave me street vibes, you understand me, nigging the projects, hustling, tried to get his money. Can't knock the hustle. You know, politics as usual. You know, it's nigga from the streets. He ain't from no hood, but he from the streets.
Speaker 3: Well, you know. And that was the aspect I took on it. I said, Okay, these as hard albums to me because I never liked soft music. You feel what I'm saying and cooliod shit wasn't the most aggressive in the world. But I feel like he has some jam and ass music on there.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of great music on this I was.
Speaker 3: Just basing it. I based my list basically off of If there's some street shit. To me, that was some gas and shit because even though I wasn't never no cripp of blood and I don't ever talk about that shit. I did the same shit everybody else.
Speaker 5: I mean, but that's just like, that's like any out of town you know, affiliate who knows about neighborhoods and whatever. You came from Cleveland, you got down with my nigga, and to you, there's no symbolization. You ain't got to have a bandanner. I don't got one, and I'm still out here doing the same what it was. It's a lot of niggas who come from out of town who set up shop and whatever, grow up whatever. You ain't gotta get put on right you. You ain't got to claim the hood, you get me, But that aspect still is. You consider nigga that nigga street where you can see a nigga pull up, jump out of his motherfucking Mercedes and he got a strap on him and he liked nick nigga. That's that's gangster shit, right, That's some gangster shit instead of that, because you like, I don't symbolize with the color aspect. So whether it's gangster or street. But The whole aspect is when you come from the West coast, up and down a little bit over in Arizona, and then you go up to Nevada, them niggas is game banging. So when you go gangster rap, they're looking for the niggas. Who oh, that nigga was from sixties, that nigga was from tragnw Oh. Sebo was banging up in Sacramento, Garden block shit, brother lynch Hunt even though he don't fucking nigga, I chop your fucking cause you're digging your guts. He was cleaning garden, blotting black. That's a gangster rapper. Even though niggas go, nigga, what is this auror movie shit? This nigga rapper, He's still considered a gangster rapper because he told nigga, I'm from garden Block rep. So it's a difference from going or E forty a gangster rapper. No E forty a hustler street nigga. You're getting me. We come from for Lao. We did our thing with it. But E forty ain't telling you, nigga, I'm finna go bust on. A nigga who got red or blue on.
Speaker 3: You know what it was with me, man, And the reason the reason why I never got into the game banging shitcuse I had too many other homeboys. And that's one thing I saw because that chick. You know, you got to remember I came out to this motherfucker eighty eight eighty nine. It was serious back then, oh definitely, And I saw motherfuckers. I said, Okay, so if I'm over here, I can't be cool with the homies.
Speaker 5: No, oh you can't.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I was like, damn, man, I'm a lot of child from a lot of childhood friends separated because you know, we played from you football together and we all went to the same school until it came time to go to high school. And so now nigga, you going over there, I'm over here. We no longer can be friends, right you from over there?
Speaker 3: And it was like that, man, because I had a whole bunch of cats up from twenties. I was cool with the the motherfucker and they was trying to do the same shit. That's what fun, you know, was us them niggas over my house. All they was like, man, you mother would be from me.
Speaker 5: I mean, I expect this to recruit. I don't give fuck the Army, the Navy, any sports team. Nigga. We gang bangers niggas. So how do we sustain and how do we last forever? We can't recruit, right if we gotta recruit. So you out of town ass, nigga, and you done came out of here and now you're on the block with a serving and you know, if we fight a nigga, you fight. You know, whether you came at the football shit and new niggas from all sides, like nigga, we gonna fight. Oh, come over here with us and then them nigga's gonna be and then one day when you go kick it with the twenties nigga, Nigga, you need to be from over here, right, and then you gonna go across. You go across the tracks and got a couple of blood friends and they gonna do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 5: You need to be from with us. It's the nature of the beasts. Nigga is shit. We gonna recruit your country ass, and we gonna call you country loke, and you gonna be from the hood, nigga country and we'll put your ass it's some workmen, dickies and overalls, and you're gonna be on the block with us and what niggas come through. Nigga. That's big country right there. From the hood, nigga.
Speaker 3: Nigga, man, we was out there doing some every motherfucking things.
Speaker 5: You would have got put on. Nigga. We don't give a fuck. You was in the hood with us. A gonna be with this nigga living over here playing football. Please, nigga, you hanging out with us? What they spoke it niggas gonna be three niggas just go jump oh your ass. Next thing, you know, you're gonna be like, what the fuck are you official? Now? Still big country nigga track new.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going from shit. You you good.
Speaker 5: You're glad niggas respected you to let you like I want to get a fit because us, nigga, we would have stuck your big country ass. It'd been like, Nigga, you would have been like, Oh, ain't with you up? What day you going to be in the cave? Over to the backyard. You're to see the about five six niggas in the backyard. You'd been like, what's up? Eight niggas today? Is today.
Speaker 3: Man, You know how they got the homiesaid boys today? They got the homie from Florida. So cold with that ship one time man, because he liked to go drinking with the motherfucker. See, I knew enough, we gonna go do this and do that, but certain situations. I'm not going over nobody's cribs at the barracters. You in the backyard. He came home, man, I didn't go. He came home his eyes and swollen up. I said, what the fuck happened to you? Motherfucker? I want to grab my look.
Speaker 5: He said, no, nigga's sofcial now.
Speaker 3: Nig motherfucker's bankers.
Speaker 5: And I'm from the now nigga. Now what? And he was out there putting all kind of I think that motherfucker might have could have been out here like nigga. You could have been big, big country nigga, Nigger country nigga. For you to play football over the country, large beach, insane nigga. Ad you and you you was raiders out wasn't you don't play? I ain't you had no raiders? You had nothing raiders Nigga over there will fomb me. I had a couple of baseball catch. Oh yeah, you don't know, mother for the exactly there he's an insane. Don't trip you big country insane.
Speaker 1: I still got my Raiders starter jack shit, what man?
Speaker 5: The one thing about it ever, did you ever wear some Steelers?
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 5: I'll say so there it is.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't like see that.
Speaker 5: Whyant he's official insane? He wore he wore Raiders over there hanging with.
Speaker 3: Old bunch, and I got an old bunch of you know, and I ran with a whole bunch of blood class for a long time over there. But crawl from the members of my nigga crawls for by my brother.
Speaker 5: But like I said, nigga's usually it got into the game, bang you shit because because usually when you get to when you get to mingling around, and especially when you wouldn't play in sport, because you know, out here the hood niggas be in the sports like a motherfucker. The youth sports and football and all that shit. Sot a lot of niggas, you know, the sons, and they shit. I ain't got into pretty plenty of confrontations at youth games over the all mad filiations shit.
Speaker 3: Thinging is all lower youth football out and this motherfucker we was playing, motherfucking not Mona Park. What's the other neighborhood over the motherfuckers that were the Green Nig, the Green and Gold. What's the name of what's the name of the motherfucker's dog. I thought a motherfucker was gonna get the blowing out there that day.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 3: It was so thick dog the only big Bruce Say had his pistol. Women. It wasn't more. It's serious. It wasn't Mona Park, I forget. And this one motherfucker dog was walking across the motherfucker field looking at me like this, and I swear this motherfucker had a k up under his jacket. I looked. I said, man, we was about to get cracking. I have to grab homeyer, I said, no. They said, it's serious. Out of here.
Speaker 5: Shit it up in there, man like I soul like, just like I said, the gang banging and street ship. So when you consider gangster rap and street affiliated rap, I guess we try to change that narrative, uh to go to You know, we were just spitting reality because we caught a lot of uh. We caught a lot of flack and hard ship for not even Claytman shit Satan. We was gangster rappers. That was the title that you know, the media and people gave us. I never, you know, I'm a gangster rapper. Just like Fownby said, they came out as counts most wanted. Now for the fact that we were all just local little niggas. Yeah, we all the niggas was claiming trag knew over there or gang banging or whatever. So it was no question, never no question about uh, you know where was eight from where was dubbed from where? It was snoop or dazz or corrupt or quick or you give me because niggas knew you lived here all your life. Niggas knew you shit a lot of niggas. You start off your game bang.
Speaker 3: You speaking of Dazz, that was kind of how that you sow on He said, yeah, fuck dazz fu. I want to ask you that why you put dog Poune on your list?
Speaker 1: Oh, like I said, I thought the Chronic and Doggy Star are better.
Speaker 5: Than than dog Food. Yeah, well they was just guessed on there though.
Speaker 4: I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought that to me, it is a big album, but to me, the other albums were better and they're on them a lot, and they dazz In Corrupt in particular made those.
Speaker 3: Albums, And yeo that.
Speaker 5: Out of your top fifty, their dog Food album wasn't sufficient enough to you as a top fifty gangster rap record because of their appearances, No, No, no Chronic. So you're saying those to you were better than your presentation of just y'all by y'allselves.
Speaker 1: I felt that the Chronic is better than and Doggy Style are better than dog Food, and so to me, to me when I heard them, that was to me them at their prime as far as those three albums. And then when I also thought that dog Food, I thought the other albums on my list I think are better albums. It doesn't mean I think dog Food's a bad album, because it's a great album. I just thought that when I hear them, I don't feel like they're not included, because they are included. They're on two of the highest rited ranked albums on my list. So I never would have thought like dads In Corrupt or not on here, because they are. They're on there multiple times, and they appear and help make those albums classics. They're part of the reason why I love those albums, so I didn't look at it like they're not represented, because they are represented. So I also happen to think that the other albums I named I Feel are better than dog Food.
Speaker 3: I thought dog Food was the ship man it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have dog Food in my top fifty if I had a list, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think dog Food. Uh, I just think Man because me and Brown. Actually, you know, I can't remember. Behind the scenes we were talking about that and he mintioned one, what was the other album you mentioned, Brian.
Speaker 5: I could just think of that shit, nigga do like? And I said the dog Brown was just good to you, But you can't see me. I see through you clear lea think about what would you gonna make me? I ain't not on the way home right then.
Speaker 1: I just remember that man, that beat us, That beat us incredible.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker shit. Have you ever heard of water? And that's that ship was the ship.
Speaker 5: I was getting paid. Fucking psycho lighting nigga, that.
Speaker 3: Ryan slipping the slide, big pimping, let's play house all that ship man, Yeah, some bomb ass pussy all that man. That ship was hard. So looke Dash didn't I didn't sleep on your own boy, I had, I liked. I like, I keep what you're saying because there was some songs that I could probably but I like the fucking living like gangsters out from the Doll. That motherfucker dog Pound had some ship dog dog Pound. I think man dazzn't corrupt.
Speaker 5: Man, I said. If if I had a my top fifty, I would definitely have Sea Bowl in there. I would definitely have dog Pound in there. It's it's hard, though, yeah, because you want to like, you don't want disrespect no one, but you want to stay on that you know, that gangster you know, because like I said, that's the title they gave us. So we don't want to take nothing away from nobody who we feel has a street mentality album, you know, not more or less targeting the gangster shit.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 1: Plus, I mean, I've spent a lot of time with let me listen.
Speaker 5: First of all, niggas need to you know, really be able to value criticism. Oh yeah, for sure, our people's opinions of what music meant to them growing up through their life. You get me more fucking You know, Souring came from you know, Maryland. You know, he he you know, he really put his you know his thought and what he felt like to him. You get me. This shit don't necessarily mean, but I think Brian him or any other motherfucking nigga who doesn't put a list up on these Rolling Stone pages. You know what I'm saying, because I sat and seen some ship like that and was like, oh, these motherfuckers are dumb.
Speaker 3: The fucker that that would definitely say to me, and sore as listen is way more efficient than anyone memory.
Speaker 5: Well, I think because y'all basically we try to touch on not so much of the commercialism of hip hop, you get me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look at it purely for the art.
Speaker 5: When you get with these motherfuckers like the Rolling Stones and the motherfucking and you know, the big play to play advertisements and shit, it's kind of hilarious because some of these motherfuckers don't even be past thirty years old, so for them to be able to judge the history of hip hop, Hey fuck it, it's your personal favorite. It's not it's not value as far as law. You get me. It ain't like, oh fuck it, they put up this list and it's just solidified like the fucking Ten Commandments. You get me, And what we say, here is presented the top fifty and niggas you can't. You can't break the combatant if they say this is this fuck it.
Speaker 3: He just hit the computer in the beg and turned the damn thing.
Speaker 5: Then about you know, yeah what luck? Wait, yeah, well we ain't doing the uh the ocean, Pacifics and shit. You know, I where where them niggas at? Man, they got oceans and clefts and ship behind them. It would be nice like a nigga, what a good this nigga? What streets? Ship them niggas, all the niggas.
Speaker 3: And that's what I want to say to to me, there could be no wrong or no right list because music is such a personal experience, man. I mean yeah, I mean like I said, because you know, like some of the albums in there, man, like touch my b like, because I could think about whenever I listen to any one of them albums on there, I could think about specific moments in my life right to where I might have been doing something, you know what I mean, whether that's me riding with one of my kids or whatever, or just hanging out one of the homies who may not eat be here no more like uh, And I will say the thug life out of meals and personal shit. For me, Me and Big Psych was really good friends. Cycle was like my brother definically we was like that was like my It was a time a to where I swear if I wouldn't hit in Psych Psych was hit me Big still with a dowe baby.
Speaker 5: I mean that's just how it is about me and Scarface and me and Spice, or me and DJ Premier, our personal relationships with my niggas. So I'm gonna be biased when they come to Spice, Scarface and Gang starre DJ Premier.
Speaker 3: You get me. You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't fight me on that. You get me. So of course you know you got personal relationships. You know, used to be around niggas all the time, so you you valued they motherfucking music being in the studio recordings or so why wouldn't you recognize thug life? You feel me?
Speaker 3: But you know what I got, And I got two of Spice's albums in there. I mean I got the first one and I got one Eddy Siven Proof. I always go almost slipping the self titled one that was hard as that album.
Speaker 5: Uh, the one eighty seven record was the ship Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spicyes ol motherfucker.
Speaker 5: First one one, I mean the second one was the Ship too that we did the murder show on he had. He had the motherfucking the song with motherfucking Boss on there and Banks with when.
Speaker 1: That's a great album and I just love especially because.
Speaker 5: With the clip and the trigger screaming like the yelling, come on Nigga, and.
Speaker 1: He had the stutter flow on there that was so crazy.
Speaker 5: One eight one at seven and this is that murder, that murder he wrote one man, come on man. SPIKEE had some ship on the album. The first album was the Killer, the one eighty seven Proof, the Young Nigga, the in my Neighborhood is It Man Spicy album. His first album was the Spice.
Speaker 3: Is Gonna hit you with two or three different flows. He hits you with a little study step. I got to get the guy to get the going. Now that ship with the.
Speaker 4: Actor has heard that.
Speaker 5: I said, I'm the crack house, the crack house. They can running out the crack house Nigga. That nigga has some ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, Spicy, it's classic.
Speaker 3: Spice Pie has some classics. Dog And that's another thing if you if you're an artist and now on this list. That don't mean that we don't think.
Speaker 5: How nigga send us your lists, Ship and anybody. That's our telling, nigga, It's just our opinion. Like I said, we I've done records for thousands of years, Sowing has done interviews and written still has been in the publishing and fucked with motherfuckers, and so we just feel that our opinions we have, you know, not an advantage, but niggas is knowledge.
Speaker 3: You know what I don't like because I'm gonna tell you this. You know who had a cold lass, who got classics too? Jail Feelingy. I saw him, you know, Jail was up in there. He said they had project pat twice. I can see Jao right now. I can see him all going on, man, fuck that cud.
Speaker 5: This is the thing, and this is what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: This is the thing.
Speaker 5: When you do a list and the list is coming from significant West Coast representation hip hop, a lot of West Coast artists is gonna probably be a little offended when they go, how can you say gangster rap?
Speaker 3: Nigga?
Speaker 5: And you ain't gonna know this. You ain't gonna know this, right, Nigga, I'm from San Diego from forties, and I'm from path in this and I'm from Long Beach this and Nigga, my records was on point. Everybody are the motherfucker dog jay Ao Asid Waller. He has to pity me of gangster ship. That's all I say. You can do records like sharms, stick and ship like that, focus on the focus on his own has hood shit, man, Niggas don't niggas. Niggas in the hood nigo at shirts and she got me, Nigga, go Juman's cigarette right now and be on the block high as a motherfucker. You know though, it's certain songs that niggas knew. You get me like, oh, this is gonna resonate good with the neighborhood because even though a nigga talking about some dope shit, just like you know how the youngsters do now talk about popping you a perky or fucking whatever, dang banging ass niggas not all of us, but it was a lot of niggas in the hood were smooking shining. So for somebody who you know has significantly spoke on West Coast gang culture, you feel me. Of course, you're gonna get a job like Nigga Project Pat nigga. I'm from San Diego, nigga forty this nigga, what the fuck?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: You know, no disrespect like I said, all my comrades, crips, bloods, you know, no disrespect. Still got his opinion. He's a Cleveland native, but he done stomped around this motherfucker long enough to where you know his opinion is his is nigga fuck? You know, same thing with sowing, you know what I'm saying, radio shit, numerous interviews, videos, blogs, fucking whatever. He's then met a lot of us as far as it's hitting that way, ain't hitting, sir, And you know what, man, the thing heels like, especially you know, just going back to jail right for a minute. Right.
Speaker 3: I don't think people understand when you're putting these lists together how hard that shit is, because you.
Speaker 5: Take, honestly, some niggas might just be just I forgot damn you get it because you really be trying to put your thinking in that thinking. And I'm not gonna lie because I thought about you know, you wreak us. I've had about it eighty songs. When that motherfucker I was going back and forth. I was like, what man, and all this.
Speaker 1: And that I came up with about seventy seven right off the top of my head, like it was nothing.
Speaker 3: And then you got us the visions and like I told somebody because somebody said, man, you didn't put master P Ghetto d on there this and I said, you know what, man, I had the motherfucker their dog.
Speaker 5: But it just has that nigga hit me about my nigga threat, like I ain't got deadly thread up there.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, That's what I wasn't go do. It's a lot of cast now. When we was doing singles, it'd be a lot of people that got classic songs, right, but they don't necessarily have classic albums. And that that's just the other thing too. It's like these are when I was looking at the list and I'm coming up with my ideas.
Speaker 1: These are albums. So if it's got twelve songs, ten songs, eighteen songs, the all eighteen gotta be of the caliber of the other fifty albums. So like when you listen to you know, music to drive By or the Chronic or Death Certificate, what songs are you cutting off those to say, oh, these aren't good songs like you can't Do It. Whereas some of the albums that didn't make my list, that might have been in the fifties or the sixties or the seventies, there's three or four songs some of them maybe five songs where I love ten of them, But these other songs, I'm like, eh, I would miss them, Whereas on my top fifty and the higher you get, there's fewer and fewer instances where man, those three or four songs or we all know, some people be like man I on even listen to the first half of.
Speaker 5: The album, Well, I don't even when I wrote songs, man, I wasn't thinking about the other crowd. I was thinking about gang banging, niggas in the hoods struggling, right, I never because they were focused. I didn't try to you know, Oh fuck it. I'm gonna get the white people, the Chinese, I'm gonna get the mass seekins. Nigga. I'm like nigga whoever struggling, can't get a job and over on the block every night, selling got niggas enemy shooting at you.
Speaker 3: That's who I'm mit music for. Because I'm fella, Yeah, yeah, I feel you man. And one thing I was gonna say before I forget on that thud Wife album, I had the privilege actually hearing the unedited version, because you know, Interscope butchered that album and it.
Speaker 1: Was really a short album too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was surprised, No, but they had a lot of songs that was took off of that. Like you gotta remember Spice one was on that motherfucker. They had songs with Spice. They had a whole bunch of shit that wasn't doing that because you gotta remember at that time, Interscope was scared than the motherfucker, right, You had a bunch of shit, Glen and they was like, hey, oh no this motherfucker man, Sight played me that motherfucker. Dog. We's on our way over to Dubai. We's in the plane, and I heard the whole motherfucker, Like, just all the songs from them sessions. Dog. They as some dope ass motherfucker songs. Dog. Really, you got to hear a shell of what the album was, Hm. They had some dope ass records.
Speaker 1: I wish I could have heard the real the intended version, intended version, you know what, man, and I had to put all lives on me on that dog.
Speaker 3: I actually went back and revisited that dog. Yeah, I think that should have been one album, to be honest with you. But they had a bunch of dope songs on there, absolutely And what was crazy is some of the most banging his songs on that album was really songs that was gonna be for Dash and corrupt card Mine, made Up was Mine? Made Up? Was a dog Pound song?
Speaker 1: Makes sense.
Speaker 3: Dads was just on his ship at that time. Man, Dads is still a very underrated producer.
Speaker 1: I think absolutely, well, like I have said, what would you do? Nothing but the Cavey hit, Dad's got some some hitters.
Speaker 5: Hege you ain't ever gotten a knew with Dah Yeah, I've gotten I gotta saw, I got a single. Me and Dads did a video and everything. When I was signed, the sony hit the floor. And then I was on Dazzer's album Retaliation, Revenge and get Back. That was a great alt him and uh Me, him and Badass got us all together.
Speaker 3: Retaliation, Revenge and get Back.
Speaker 5: The ultimate come up nigga, nigga, get out, get in, get up, get your money, hold on man. The whole video is gonna be fucked up. I don't know, man, Now, get in, get up, get your money. It's the ultimate come up. He'll slinging and banging all my con the fucker ground and you might be a doling nigga. Get out, get in, Get up.
Speaker 3: Well, man, I guess suh, that's it. I guess that's the end of the show for the night. We gonna check y'all off next week. Man, you know Thanksgiving next week, so we still will have something in store for you, special little tree. We gonna put something together, real special, man, to get you through your holiday and everything else. Man, we out here. Well, that concludes another episode of The Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangster Chronicles podcast For Apple users, find a purple micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangst Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steeled Aaron M. C a. Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and our audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gainst the Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and The Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio. Visit the iHeart Radio app. Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts.