Speaker 1: NFL fans, what's your favorite touchdown? For me, what's the next touchdown? Because with Draft King sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL, every touchdown could bring you closer to cashing in. Draftking Sports Book delivers the unmatched intensity of the NFL right to your fingertips, from first touchdown score or anytime touchdown props, or the thrill of live in game betting where every snap is loaded with the opportunity. The best part bet just five bucks and if your bet wins, you'll get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly. I am a massive Draft Kings guy. I'm an ambassador for DraftKings at times, and I'm not even supposed to be like, it is so much fun. It's the best entertainment while you're watching the best entertainment, which is football. Your team hitting pay dirt pays out to you. Download the Draft King sports Book app. Use the code Bones. The code is bones to turn five bucks into two hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred Gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Why, or text hope and Why as four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Bootoe Casino and Resort, Kansas. Fees may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bet must win the receiver award minimum minus five hundred ods required. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance. For additional terms responsible gaming resources, see DKNNG dot co, slash Audios.
Speaker 3: A podcast call twenty five wist Stocking, fun ball and they are well a whizz so yet it's too bad fun What did you expect?
Speaker 2: It's a podcast call twenty five.
Speaker 1: Whistline hit Ready, thank you, Hey. We got a good game tonight though, the forty nine ers and the Rams, which those Thursday night games, I think they've started to be better than Monday night games. Monday that game it kind of saw last week, Yeah, but I liked it. I liked the game tonight.
Speaker 4: Thursdays used to be really bad yeah.
Speaker 1: The first started first, it was like they were getting the game. The NFL was like, we kind of wish this game didn't happen. Yeah, so well you can have it. Yeah, it's kind of good. So that's a good game tonight. We'll get to all that coming up in a little bit. I did want to start with if I say the name Alex Honold Eddie Alex s what Honold h O N N O L D hockey player? No, he's the free Solo guy. Did you ever watch the documentary? No?
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, free Solo he that's I'm the rock. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah I think I did see it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did see that documentary. This was a long time ago. Tell me about it then ten years ago. It was Yosemite or one of those words. Just it's like a big rock and that's all I remember. He climbed it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you just saw clips.
Speaker 3: No, man, I'm pretty sure I watched the whole documentary. He lived in a van, didn't he. Yeah, I had a girlfriend at one point. We can't break up with her. Now you're talking about stuff. Now we're getting there and watch them.
Speaker 1: Maybe you did see it, and he would like always do like pull ups in the van, and he was psychotic. And also they like measured him, tested him, and like his heart rate never went up when things were dramatic, like whoa, just to do what he does, you can't freak out, And he always stayed the same. And so that's the guy that free soloed. What's that mountain called Mike Well copy time? Yep, there you go. Now, okay, now you got it all.
Speaker 3: We thought it back slowly, dude.
Speaker 1: This is in twenty eighteen when it came out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, close to a long time ago.
Speaker 1: So he's doing a Netflix two hour live special called Skyscraper Live, which rock climber Alex Hannold will attempt to become the first person to scale one of the tallest buildings on the planet, Type A one oh one. The skyscraper is the tallest building in Taiwan, the eleventh tallest in the world, consisting of one hundred and one floor standing almost two thousand feet tall. And by the way, it doesn't say it, but he has to be free soloing this. People wouldn't care, yeah, because that's what he's free solo.
Speaker 4: But he does.
Speaker 1: From the Hollywood Reporter, that's crazy, but it's like, we're watching to see if he dies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Like do we out if he falls?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, No, that's why we watch.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, like, does the broadcast like as soon as he falls, that's bad juju. But if he ever did.
Speaker 1: But but you say bad juju, that's why we're interested.
Speaker 3: You think we're watching to watch him climb a building and make it to the top.
Speaker 1: No, well we are, but we're watching that but with the risk, Like the risk of him falling is what actually gets us to watch. If we knew the end of it, we wouldn't watch it. It has to be live. If there was a TV show we recorded this last week and Alex Honald made it, let's watch him climb the top of the building, we would not tune in and care. Yeah, but because he's doing it live and there is a threat a risk, we will be interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why we watch people in the high wire, you know, that's what we watch.
Speaker 4: Like guy that skydive from space. Yeah, that kind of being dumb though, Yeah, hey you're right, miss the right guy space.
Speaker 1: They took him up farther than anybody's ever skydived before he jumped out.
Speaker 3: Whoa was he in a space suit?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Oh so this is like technically he was in space, but it was really just high.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like on the Moon. He jumped off held he jumped off and held his nose like he jumped in the pool.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is interesting and I will probably watch Yeah, I will too, But man, that's what.
Speaker 3: Are the details?
Speaker 1: Is this pay per view like Netflix's awesome? So yes, I watch it, So yes, pay per view, but you've already paid for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, prepaid, pre paid review.
Speaker 1: I did that to him, like, oh, this one's free. No, no, no, I'm paying every month to watch this stuff. So I wanted to lead with that. I've now come into the algorithm on my TikTok feed of magician secrets, like they give away their secrets. They don't someone else does. And so I watched David Copperfield, who floated on a carpet all the way across the Grand Canyon on television in the eighties, and it's like, this is how he did it. And he goes to a ring first to show you that there's no wire, supposedly, and then he's flying over the grand cane just loading, and the camera scoots way back and you just see him floating, and then they break it down and they show you how he got through the ring, and then how it was actually a helicopter, way way way way over. No I was carrying him, it was it was connected to but the camera had moved back just enough to show you a very wide shot and there's no way he's being carried by anything. But it was just a really long helicopter. I wonder if I can find that.
Speaker 4: Does that kind of ruin it for you?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Ruin it?
Speaker 1: Like I don't believe in real guys, Like it was never real. It was never real, So I'm curious at how they pulled it off. I know what it's like, Dang, you believe in magic.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's more fun to have the fantasy of like maybe uh you never know.
Speaker 1: Another than for me. So maybe for you that's fine.
Speaker 4: David Coppy, it's like telling you, guys are like telling a four year old that whoa whoa whoa whatever you're about.
Speaker 5: You know, Candy is wide canyon? Can you figure out how he did it? In nineteen eighty four, the famous magician David Copperfield performed a leap over the Grand Canyon in Colorado, spanning sixteen thousand kilometers. This magic act shocked audiences worldwide because David actually appeared to be flying. Let's revisit the entire process of David's leap over the game.
Speaker 1: I want to revisit the whole thing.
Speaker 5: But camera moving from in front of David to behind him, passing through a door frame, and finally landing in front of the beauty. Now, let's uncover the secret. In reality, David achieved this through a helicopter with suspended wires because the helicopter flew higher than the camera's view, making the wires invisible to us. How did David pass through the arches? Then, as we can see, when David passed through the arches, there was always a curtain behind him. Inside this curtain was a support structure.
Speaker 1: I watched like ten of these in a row.
Speaker 6: I did see the statue of Liberty one.
Speaker 3: They give away that one too.
Speaker 1: M hm, yeah, they don't just show it again. Yeah, Brandon searching for magic.
Speaker 4: Again, Show my algorithm me magic, don't.
Speaker 1: And don't run it.
Speaker 3: You know, we kind of went viral a while back when we I exposed the Remember that kid that threw a touchdown pass to himself, Like they show him throwing the pass and then he runs and then like runs really fast and catches it. Do you remember that video clip?
Speaker 4: Not like a game as a clip, it's a clip like out in the park or something.
Speaker 3: Yes, I debunked that. Do you remember that must have been like twelve years ago.
Speaker 1: No, mister perfect, did that a wrestling back in the day. He chunks like sixty yards and then runs under and catches it and goes perfect And then you realize it's just edit, camera editing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, camerait Yeah, but it's so funny.
Speaker 1: Because you debunked a camera edit well.
Speaker 3: Because no one everyone was like, this is amazing, this is so cool. How did he do that? He's so fast, Look how he runs so quickly to catch his own paths. I'm like, guys, it's an edit. You don't see the ball. He throws the ball there, you never see the ball. So someone else chunks it. So we recreated it. Who did Yeah? Me and lunchbox.
Speaker 1: But I think are poor people just stupid that day?
Speaker 3: No? No, because they believed it and then when they saw us, like you didn't that's not real. I'm like, no, that's exactly how the guy did it. But we had hundreds and.
Speaker 1: Thousands of views of that, hundreds and thousands paid for. Do you remember anything like this?
Speaker 4: I do remember them doing that.
Speaker 1: But was the video easily editing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The original one, the original one. Yeah, So people were like, why are you debunky something we already knew.
Speaker 3: No, no one thought that it was edited, the original one. No one thought that that was edited. They thought this guy was super fast. I just don't remember, so I apologize. It's okay.
Speaker 1: The one I remember that people thought was real was Tom Brady throwing the ball into the gun.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, the baseball that they use it. Yeah, and then the hand machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he thought it ben to ketchup to shoot it back out.
Speaker 4: I was editing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guy should debunk that one. Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Patrick Mahomes also throw over the stadium, like from outside in the arrowhead.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I think maybe that could happen.
Speaker 4: I think from the inside out.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it one of the two where he threw it from.
Speaker 1: I would need to see it because if it's like crazy crazy, I won't I don't believe anything.
Speaker 3: I thrown it in or out of a state. It was pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: But I think if you're outside of it, you can throw it over the wall.
Speaker 3: You think so, well, then arm.
Speaker 1: They can throw like seventy eighty yards. I would think like, if you're right on it on the edge of the wall, obviously you need to back up enough to get the angle.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I saw that Milton.
Speaker 3: Oh did you see the Joe Milton one with a moving guy?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Does he have to throw it from the outside parking lot to the field or can you just go over the wall because I think over the wall.
Speaker 4: And then hitting the very top bleachers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't remember.
Speaker 6: Rick Mahomes throws a football outside of the stadium.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's it from in the stadium.
Speaker 1: Out Yeah, real or not?
Speaker 6: I think it's real.
Speaker 3: This is how everyone watches those videos, like.
Speaker 1: You was it a Gatorade commercial or is it just like a random clip?
Speaker 4: Because then there was a Fantasy football commercial back in the day where they were punching through walls and catching footballs, remember Chris Chambers and I remember that all that.
Speaker 1: There was also the Christmas basketball one where they were playing the Christmas Carol to the nets.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that fate? Of course?
Speaker 1: Whatever? It was, all right, that's cool. We got some stuff to talk about. Who's gonna win the Heisman? I made two bets before the year started, and they both are going to be losers because I had bet Lenora Sellers South Carolina. He got hurt, obviously. South Carolina is kind of lost a little bit of their team. And then I also bet nesmre l s U he's hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something up.
Speaker 3: They do not say anything.
Speaker 1: So those are my two bets that are not going to win. Here are the leaders for the Heisman. Who do you think you're gonna win?
Speaker 3: Dante Moore? I hope. I'm hoping Dante Moore because I have two of his cards.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't better them? No? No, are they signed cards?
Speaker 3: Signed? Are they graded? Not graded? U? C l A because he was UCLA right, m hm yeah. I dug him up like three days ago. I'm like, where are these cards?
Speaker 1: They're here somewhere, perfect condition, I think so. Oregon quarterback Dante More is the current betting favorite at plus six hundred. Yeah, kind of favorite. But those aren't awesome. Odds to say he's going to for sure win it, like you can still make some decent money on that. John Mattier had been leading, but he had a hand surgery with Oklahoma, so he's gonna miss a couple of games. They played this week. I think Kent State and I think they're Texas next week. Yeah, and he should. I think he's missing both of those games. Miami's edge rusher Rubin Bain. I just don't see a defensive player winning it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, diego Pavia.
Speaker 1: If they beat Alabama this week and he has a good game, he's he's now up there in the top two or three.
Speaker 3: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: South Carolina running back Robert Henry Junior averaging nine yards of carry and Alabama quarterback Ty Simpson. His name is Brayson Simpson. That's why they call him Tie.
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 3: How do you get tie from Brayson?
Speaker 1: I need to make sure this is right. Is his name Brayson Simpson. I did not know Ty was Brayson.
Speaker 4: The real name is this is his real name is also Ty Simpson, Tyler James Simpson.
Speaker 1: I wonder why he says Alabama quarterback Brayson Simpson has thrown for eleven hundred yards.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, CBS Sports, I can do to parlay this week. Here's what I have. Would you might type in the sant Kevin. Ye, see what the odds are.
Speaker 3: So here's what I'm going with. Hold on, then pull it up.
Speaker 1: Kentucky at Georgia. I'm going Georgia minus twenty and a half, got it down. Penn State at UCLA. This is a Penn State. Hey, don't forget about us. We're still a good game. I'm going Penn State minus twenty four and a half.
Speaker 4: Got her down.
Speaker 3: Did you say Kentucky plus?
Speaker 1: No, you missed it? Trains trains moved on.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, man, I'm in the station, dude, I need to jump on this parlay.
Speaker 1: I'll go back over in a second. Uh, Texas Tech minus eleven and a half at Houston. It's not even an away game. So we got Georgia minus twenty.
Speaker 3: And a half. Oh minus twenty got it, Penn.
Speaker 1: State minus twenty four and a half in Texas Tech minus eleven and a half, YEP plus five eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's good.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: It's basically the Dante mor bet pretty much. If you want to get in on the parlay or make your own parlay. DraftKings has an awesome offer for new customers. You can turn a five game five dollars bet into two hundred bucks and bonus bets if your five dollars bet wins. Pretty cool. All you have to do is download Draft Kings Sports book app, use the code Bobby Sports the word the code Bobby Sports, turn five bucks into two hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings, the Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one a one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight Hope and Why, or text hope and Why as four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling call eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Bootoe Casino and Resort Kansas. Fees may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bet must win the receiver reward minimum minus five hundred ods required. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance. For additional terms responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Eddie wants to walk us through some would you rathers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are just things, dumb questions. My kids asked me while I'm trying to watch football. So I was like, let me ask the guys. Okay, would you rather be an NFL running back or an NFL receiver?
Speaker 1: I would rather be an NFL wide receiver. U longer live span. You're just not getting hit all the time. I mean you you peak at thirty that you know. That's what they say. They are a couple to beat them. You're thirty years old. They started to look at you as you got too much tread off the tire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wide receivers, you can be thirty four. Yeah we had an extra three or four years. If all things are the same. Yeah, and wide receivers are a little more in demand right now, Like more offenses are built around wide receivers than they are running.
Speaker 4: The ball, get paid more everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would go wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do the same thing easily. Receivers, without question.
Speaker 3: They get paid more. They're running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you're Saquon, but then even you compare the highest receiver to it's the receiver still getting more. Yeah, especially like Justin Jefferson Jamar Chase. They're making more than Saquon I believe, Yeah, and that's the best versus the best. I'd really be a quarterback though than what anything quarterback? Okay, I think most people think thinking about quarterback.
Speaker 3: Do you know what my problem would be? This would be my only problem with the memory of the place.
Speaker 4: You're only a problem.
Speaker 3: I'd forget the place.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you why. I don't think you would, because when you hear them, it does sound like, wow, how do they remember all that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What I would compare it to are all the buttons you have to push when editing things. There's like forty two buttons and you know which what they all mean. But you've learned that slowly from base on and so you've learned how to do the main things, and you've learned the things that are on top of that. And that's exactly what learning a playbook is.
Speaker 3: So they just kind of muscle memory after a while.
Speaker 1: No, it's all the terms that you know, with more terms than you know. Yeah, so if you just walk into it and all the language is new, and all the concepts are new. Yes, But if someone walk into what you're doing right now with all those buttons, they'd be like, I can never do this. This looks so intimidating because there's so much here. It's like when you walk in and look at the in the cockpit of an airplane, Oh, so many buttons, or a recording studio when they're singing. But I even think with a recording studio, we've done so much we can figure that out. Yeah, but it does look very overwhelming. I think that's what happens whenever you hear a quarterback play. It sounds so overwhelming. All these words you don't know. When it's all those words you don't know, you're like, I don't know any of this. It's going to swallow me up. But when you know what all the words means, it's much easier because they go together too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they all mean something as far as like one word will mean the linemen are doing something, one word means the receivers are doing something. And then in your head you're like, okay, lineman here, receivers here, boom boo boo boom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's but that's the thing that seems complicated, is that the quarterback knows what everyone is doing. The linemen, if they only hear their key word, then they get the command of what they're doing. But they're really just listening for that one key word.
Speaker 1: Well, the linemen are calling their cover, are calling their black schemes as well, which are is different?
Speaker 3: Oh do they call their own like offensive?
Speaker 1: The center does. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do a lot of talking on there. Yeah, you got him, you got him, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why they point their fingers.
Speaker 1: No, they're talking crap. I hate you, Yeah, yeah, I hate you. Uh.
Speaker 3: And then the quarterbacks have to look sometimes at their sleeve, like at the menu, like gosh, I just.
Speaker 4: Landed the menu.
Speaker 6: What am I going to have?
Speaker 1: But talking with even Matt Castle a bunch, I've been able to be better at breaking down what plays mean. If someone's like, uh, you know thirty two based dive alert twenty eight eight, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's two plays.
Speaker 1: So that's like twenty eight based dive alert means if he calls alert, they're they're going to the second play. That's the backup, that's the second play. They'll call two plays at once. So when you see him on at the line going alert Alert. All they're doing is saying, I called two plays at once, and you heard the second place, So we're changing now.
Speaker 3: That is so cool. Depending and the quarterback depends on what the defense is doing. She looks at the defense set up, he's like, all right, we're changing it. Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: And it just sounds like a bunch of words with alert in the middle. But then you realize, oh, okay, alert is actually the middle. If he says that, here's the second play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I feel like I could have been a quarterback man. My arm is good, like I have a good quarterback arm. I remember when I played in high school. I was a receiver. I wasn't a quarterback, but the quarterback was always like, let me warm up with Eddie.
Speaker 1: That said a lot, right, because they didn't need you out doing the rest of the stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I didn't start. I wasn't gonna be. Yeah, I wasn't gonna be at the beginning. But he wanted to throw with me because he kind of get a good rod.
Speaker 4: You ever try out.
Speaker 1: Why would a quarterback want someone who could throw good back to him?
Speaker 3: That was just the rhythm man. The rhythm of like just back at you, because I remember this one guy was like, all right, warm up with you, Danny, and he's like, no, no, no, give me Eddie. Want to warmup with Eddie.
Speaker 1: Did the coach ever go up just I don't know. Maybe did you hear the coach being like, hey, warm up with Eddy? So he feels involved, like I demand you warm up with Eddie.
Speaker 4: He didn't catch any balls in practice this week.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get him over here when.
Speaker 6: You give him a shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what else you got?
Speaker 3: Let's see? Would you rather be a kicker or a punter. That's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I think this one's This one's tougher. It's definitely tougher. Now kickers are more famous. Yeah, kickers also have more pressure, lots of stress. Kickers get cut a lot more than punters. Do you get a strong punter? You really can't lose that job. Yeah, you miss a few kicks in a row, you'll lose your job unless you're Mason Crosby. And even then, when you sucked them, like should we cut Mas to Crosby even though he's been a fixture, And eventually they cut Ma to Crosby yeah, but it did. Yes, I mean, you gotta be justin Tucker and be doing stuff pretty much.
Speaker 4: Even young Hoku, he was like the best kicker in the game last year.
Speaker 1: Breaking Falcons cut. They even put up a message thank you Young Hoku on their Instagram when they cut him for your service to our team.
Speaker 4: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: Why did they cut him he kept missing kicks? Oh?
Speaker 3: Because they because they framed that as like he was missing the game for like personal reasons.
Speaker 1: No, they cut him, dang, yeah, personal reasons. He couldn't make a kick.
Speaker 3: He personally couldn't make a kick personally.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think because of my ego, it's kicker of the two. You want to be I want to Yeah, I want a shot to be the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and you do you do get a shot.
Speaker 1: I think if it were just about having consistency and having a spot in the league, I think that attitude probably goes to a punter. For me, I want to pull balls out there, I want to prove and I'll take the risk of being cut, so I would go kicker. But my life has not been about finding what's consistent. My life's about being trying to be dynamic and then seeing what happens and.
Speaker 4: Hopefully not getting cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the story of my life. Yeah, what would you rather do?
Speaker 4: I'd probably rather punt, just because I think that'd be such a great lifestyle, Like you could do ten fifteen years be chilling punting. All practice we've been to, some of the practices, the punters are just like off to the side, just hanging out, throwing balls around, kicking balls.
Speaker 1: What about the fact that the punter has to hold a lot.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, I'd be like, can back quarterback.
Speaker 1: Do better the ball?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's more comfortable with football. But that's a good point. Nobody ever talks about the holder enough.
Speaker 1: The only time the holder gets talked about is it when he screws up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I can hold. Let's do it, man, And then I would I would just yell fire, fire and roll out and do a two point play every.
Speaker 1: Time too, Like you've done this four times in a row. He's cut. Yeah, Okay, I think I'd have a problem being a punter because no one wants to see me play ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you only come out in that situation, will only come out.
Speaker 4: But man, when they get fired up, they're so funny too. They like jump up and down and start flexing.
Speaker 3: I think it would be cool too to fake a fake a hit, you know, like roughing the kicker. I think that's kind of cool, like when just they just tap you a little bit.
Speaker 1: Take it. You do leave yourself very vulnerable. Let that leg up there. I think the punter is probably a better overall job, life expectancy, yeah, safe quality of life and not going freaking crazy.
Speaker 3: And you've played in the NFL. Yeah, you don't lose your.
Speaker 1: Job as easy. I think that's a big part, Brandon. What would you rather do?
Speaker 6: I'm going to say I want to punt for the Colts this season because they've only punted like one once or twice.
Speaker 3: So you you don't want to play really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought he's like, I'm a big McAfee guys. Yeah, okay, next up?
Speaker 3: All right, the last one. Would you rather be an offensive coordinator or a defensive coordinator?
Speaker 1: For me, it's easily offense because I play fancy football, so I only pay attention to the.
Speaker 3: Offense only year.
Speaker 6: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that it just seems more fun and it's an offensive game now. Yeah, so I think you want to be a head coach It's probably not always because a lot of the culture defensive guys get the job. But you want to be a head coach, be freaking great as an offensive mind. So I'd go offense there. Yeah, I'd probably do say glamorous too. It just be more fun. Like defense is tough, especially nowadays. My shoulders an't broad enough to be a defensive coordinator. You can be kind of squarely and be an offensive coordinator. You can be like Mike Daniel. He ain't a defensive coordinator. No, it doesn't matter how much he studied. He ain't gonna be a defensive coordinator. Like you got to be like a big dude to be a defensive coordinator, but the defensive players.
Speaker 3: Aren't gonna trust you.
Speaker 4: Like a Robert Sola. Yeah, like he looks like he could go out there and play defense right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a Vrabel.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he doesn't look like he can play right now, Vrabel.
Speaker 1: But he gets out in practice right now. Yeah, dude, Brandon, would you rather be look at me offense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at you? Yeah, fresh shircut today?
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks man, Thanks Eddie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I noticed when he walked in.
Speaker 1: Eddie brought it up.
Speaker 3: You know what I tell my kids when they asked me these questions, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Leave me alone. We do ten minutes on it. Okay, you wanna talk about signs of games?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've just been noticing people. I mean they've been doing it for years. But like I want to ask you guys, like, have you ever taken a sign to a game? Because mad respect to the people that wake up get tickets to the game and be like, you know what, I'm gonna get the poster board. I'm gonna think of something funnier to ride on it, and I'm want to take it to the a ticket with you everywhere you go up.
Speaker 1: You can't hold it up the whole game either, because one your arms get tired. But to it, it's a noise the people around you, they can't see. Yeah. No, I've never taken a sign to a game ever. I feel like you would for an Arkansas game or something. No, do you ever think about no, not a sign? I thought about painting myself a couple of times and just decided to wait, wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait what age?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is important? College?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: This is for the Notre Dame game.
Speaker 1: Ye didn't college? Okay? Good?
Speaker 3: Just making is this around the time you storm the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Didn't do it.
Speaker 1: There are a couple of times where I was like, I should paint myself all black, like your whole box stop.
Speaker 3: That's tough though, right, Like, if you're a Purdue fan like I guess you've got gold, you better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you and your buddy are okay, one it was gonna be gold, one was gonna be black. No, no, you both need to be happy.
Speaker 6: Half.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna we'll flip the coin. What it was his gold when it was black. That's a tense coin flip.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know what, I'm not going to the game.
Speaker 3: Guy. How much paint do you have to like buy to cover yourself with paint? Like, that's a just that's an investment.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: You see the Cardinals guy last week, he literally looked like a Cardinal Arizona in the stands.
Speaker 6: You didn't see him on his face. He literally like painted a beak on swear.
Speaker 1: Those guys don't like get on TV or tagged. It's something I bet their day's run all that work. I think I would more likely take a sign to a wrestling event than I would a football game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're more accepted.
Speaker 1: I haven't, but I think that would be Grace, my sister in law took a sign and got a college game day.
Speaker 3: No way, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to ask Kaitlin what the sign said because it was hilarious. I don't want to mess it up. Hey, we're doing twenty five sols and we're talking about signs in football games. Can you tell me or you can even text it the sign? What was the sign that Grace had and when you got in college game day? Because I don't want to mess it up because it was so funny. All right, thank you.
Speaker 6: I do like the signs that like troll other teams, you know, like they do on college game day, you know, if it's clever and witty. But I wouldn't bring one.
Speaker 3: I like the ones that are like if it's on CBS, they do like CVS and they do like can here you get in to beat.
Speaker 1: I'll jump in and help you out. I didn't know where you were going. That's how you struggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are cool NFL fans. What's your favorite touchdown?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 1: What's the next touchdown? Because with Draft King Sports Book an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Every touchdown could bring you closer to cashing in. Draft King Sports Book delivers the unmatched intensity of the NFL right to your fingertips, from first touchdown score or anytime touchdown props, or the thrill of live in game betting, where every snap is loaded with the opportunity. The best part. Bet just five bucks and if your bet wins, you'll get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. I am a massive DraftKings guy. I am an ambassador for DraftKings at times, and I'm not even supposed to be like, it is so much fun. It's the best entertainment while you're watching the best entertainment, which is football. Your team hitting pay Dirt pays out to you. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app. Use the code Bones. The code is bones to turn five bucks into two hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one one hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why or text hope and why as four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Booto Casino and Resort Kansas. Fees may apply in Illinois only one plus age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bet must win the receiver award minimum minus five hundred ods required. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance. Traditional terms responsible gaming resources see DKG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a little game and I'll wait for a Caitlin's textback. We're gonna do big take er big fake.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So people swear by things like icing the kicker or the hot hand. Data says either true or false. Okay, so I am going to throw a claim out and you decide I wrote big take er, big fake. That's kind of stupid. Now I'll read it back.
Speaker 3: Hot no, No.
Speaker 1: Hot hand is one of the things that means like somebody's really performing well at the time, so keep giving them the ball.
Speaker 4: So like more of a true or false.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just do that.
Speaker 3: Stupid. It's like the signs sometimes. Yeah, just don't write some I didn't.
Speaker 1: Work this one out. I can't beat se your cheese man, Okay, I sing the kicker, I sing the kicker. Do you think that's a true? Do you think it works or data has proven that it doesn't really work? Think about it, Kevin, Yeah, I don't. I think dad will show that it has not worked. Brandon, I'm gonna say it hasn't worked either.
Speaker 3: Eddie, I'm gonna say data has shown that it has not worked, but I think it does work.
Speaker 1: Well. No, No, but data is showing I'm gonna disagree with you. I promise the world's flat. Yeah, even though they have proven it.
Speaker 3: The world is for sure flat. No, it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Timeouts. Oh you want to hear the sign that Chris did?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes you got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was quick right on TV. She's holding up a sign. This is I skipped my morning poop for this.
Speaker 3: WHOA for sure? They were like, I got a sign for you director.
Speaker 1: And she's like small pretty athletics. Oh yeah, I skip my morning poop for the and she's right on game day whole. It was at Oklahoma State, I don't know, six seven years ago.
Speaker 3: Probably do you see it?
Speaker 6: No, I saw something similar a couple a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they stole it from Grace. Yeah, okay, so icing the kicker timeouts mostly don't change make rates, pressure and kick distance are the real drivers. If anything, it ices the audience. It does like stupid timeouts off. Yeah, so no, they have they have determined that icing the kicker really does not affect the kicker.
Speaker 4: Would you do that? If you're a head coach, you think would you?
Speaker 1: I think my thing would be faking icing the kicker like everybody knows it's going to come, and I would have my defense out there going, you know, we're going to call time out anyway. You know we're going to call time out anyway, just saying crap like that and then not call timeout. Would you run up to the ref and you because then they might call time out thinking your hands were closer. Yeah, so I think I would do the reverse ice I do the heat. Oh, but I would definitely. I would definitely tell my team go out there and act like you know we're about to call time out, Like you guys that are playing linebacker or rushing, like you'll have to get down. Just be like lollygag and be like we're going to call time out.
Speaker 3: Everybody, chill, We're calling time out.
Speaker 1: We're calling time out for sure, for sure, and then don't.
Speaker 3: That's so wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, next up the hot hand in basketball, if somebody's on fire, get on the ball because they're they're gonna stay hot, easy breezing Eddie. That's true, Kevin, Yeah, that's true. I've seen it so many times, Brandon, based on my favorite.
Speaker 6: Game in NBA Jam, he's on fire. It's definitely true. Well, the ball is actually on fire. On that he's heating up.
Speaker 1: He's on fire. For example, a player hits three in a row. That did you keep giving the ball because the odds are is going to hit another? Right? That's not true.
Speaker 3: What do you talk about?
Speaker 6: I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Streaks look real, but they're often completely random, and because somebody's made shots before, it doesn't mean they're going to make the next shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess data. Okay, I didn't make this up.
Speaker 4: I know they ever watched Steph Curry before.
Speaker 1: I think he's just good. I don't think it's even a streak.
Speaker 4: He's an out liar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the same thing is that that's what they're saying with players too, Like for the most part, there's also confidence where you're just a little more confident. Yeah, and that affects the game. But they say, no, the clutch gene. Does the clutch gene exist?
Speaker 3: That's like passing on with like to your children, that your clutch.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not really a genetic passing to the child, but like you have it, you are just quality. When the pressure's on, you are better.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, think I definitely know how that one.
Speaker 4: Uh, are you writing it down?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in, I'm in. I'm lucked in Kevin, Yeah, I watched it for twenty years. It absolutely exists. Tom Brady Brandon growing.
Speaker 6: Up as a big fan of Robert or and that dude came in clutch every single time.
Speaker 3: Eddie. Yes, I don't have an example, but yes it exists.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting both of you because even with every single time, you just remember the times it did work.
Speaker 3: That's true, Oh, because there were definitely times that it didn't. Yeah, there are definitely has when miss shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like big big shot Rob didn't make every shot, but the ones he did were so famous. Right, And with Tom Brady, it wasn't just Tom, it was offensive coordinator. It was yeah, he's making plays. So they say some players do perform well late, but year to year at wobbles and data has shown that these players that are are making big plays, it's really just depending on that exact situation, because some years those players do it really well and the next year they don't at all.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but we remember the ones when they do.
Speaker 1: And we assign that to them. Because let's say Robert Dory makes three three pointers into three different games and wins three games, but he ma seven the next year, He's still pick shot Rob because we don't remember the ones he misses.
Speaker 6: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Well, I think even Kobe was like that, we know Kobe for all the big shots and being clutched, but like, if you look at the numbers, I'm pretty sure they're pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Defense wins championships. That's tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like and I think there.
Speaker 1: Are also examples of people that break the general rule. I think Tom Brady, even Joe Burrow. I remember the story of him playing high school basketball and he was like state championship game and they put a heart monitor on him and he had to make free throws to win the game, and his heart never went up. Wow. Even with the like, I think there are people that are wired different. It doesn't always mean they're gonna perform different, but if you can keep your pulse down, you can think a lot clearer. Yeah, for sure, and so some people there are those people that are physiologically different. But this is general data, so it doesn't say that everybody's not that like a Tom Brady. But generally speaking, the clutch gene of people who do perform, they find that it's different year to year.
Speaker 3: Did you see the heart rate on the Ryder Cup players. They did that one of the days where they were, you know, right before they would hit the drive or whatever, they see the hard right go up. Oh yeah, right before they would swing.
Speaker 1: Mine would be like every freaking shot, I know this is going to the woods. Yea or Eddie Yellen water Casey didn't see it. Defense went championships. I mean I'm ready, yeah, I man, yeah, yeah, Brandon, I.
Speaker 6: Want to say yes, but I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the trend.
Speaker 1: No. So here's what they say. Yeah, Defense won championship, but yeah, but so does the offense. So it's just halfway. Like there are the occasional team that are so dominated by one side of the ball, and you can go like Baltimore Ravens defense, but there are also offensive teams that have won with a great offense and at subpar defense, Like I think like Kurt Warner Rams, they're a pretty good defense. But I don't think it was one of the best in the NFL. I could be wrong about that.
Speaker 3: It was the greatest show on turf.
Speaker 4: Okay, but the Eagles that beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, Brady threw five hunyards.
Speaker 1: Generally speaking, elite teams need both top tier offense and defense, or top tier one and mid other to win a championship in the modern NBA and NFL. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it makes sense. That is so straightforward, like that does not having any fun with.
Speaker 1: Us data, doesn't dream. They don't have a ound that I didn't want to play with their feelings. Oh let me do one more. Momentum is real and last in the next week.
Speaker 3: Oh next week, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Kevin, Yes, Brandon.
Speaker 6: I can't remember if it was you and Castle talking about this, but somebody had a good point and I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 1: Was the point.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 6: I couldn't tell you no, No, It was the point of saying there was a question saying like does momentum help? Is momentum even real? And I think Castle said what you just said about like Joe Burrow. You know, when when you're an even kill person and you're not affected by any of that, you can you can create opportunities when things are down, when things are up, anytime.
Speaker 3: Momentum on a drive, yes, going from week to week and no, So I'm just going to just say no, it's not real.
Speaker 1: In game swings happen, but week to week momentum fades once injuries, matchups and travel enter there. You go like outside forces enter internal, which is why it can more so be per game, like you'll have confidence you get pumped out by the crowd than the opposite where momentum continues week to week to week because of things that don't actually happen in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, I know that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Data is interesting because man, you can watch a game and you think like you see it and you can summarize it one way just by how you watched it, but then you look at the data and you're like, wow, they were not a lot of completions.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of golf, did you play golf?
Speaker 3: I did? I did. I went by myself, got teamed up with a couple of random people.
Speaker 6: Man, it was.
Speaker 3: Interesting you played. I haven't played at all.
Speaker 1: That was the first time I played since our thing, and you just were like, I'm just gonna go play.
Speaker 3: Had time. Usually asked my wife like, what are we doing today? She's like nothing on the calendar today. Can't call me and be like you want to play golf? You weren't here. I would have you weren't here, But so I get teamed up. I usually show up and I'm like, hey, you have room for a walker, and they go, oh, probably not, but I put your name on the list and they finally called my name, like thirty minutes later. I get teamed up with three guys. I'm walking cause I like to extract. I got a push cart and then this one guy shows up in a cart by himself, and then another walker, and then the walker goes you might if I ride with you? Talking to the guy in the cart, and the guy in the cart's like sure, man, no problem, throw your bags in the cart. The guy throws his bags on the cart, his bag in the cart, reaches into his bag, gets a bluetooth speaker, screws it to the side of the golf cart, starts blaring music. Never asked the guy once, like hey, you mind? Have I playing music? He just like made himself at home and it was like Angels from Montgomery or something, you know, like it starts blaring it and I started thinking, like, who is this guy? And I look at the other guy. I'm like, did you even did he ask Hiven playing music? He's like, no, man, I don't know this guy at all. Both are weird because he's a walker. Who's I guess not one to pay the cart fee? Yeah, yeah, because it's like it's much cheaper than.
Speaker 1: I ride with you. Were you already passed the first hole?
Speaker 3: No, we weren't. Hadn't even teed off yet.
Speaker 1: Oh that's weird because you would think you would do it later so you don't get seen by the pro shops.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, that seems like a weird guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have the ball to do that. No, I and a little bit I like respect it. I don't respect it because you can't do that, but a little bit I respect just to the goll to do that.
Speaker 3: And the guy didn't say anything the whole round. I'm saying he probably said a total of five words the entire round. That's weird. It was busy. Did you enjoyed that experience?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, And I love to play golf by myself. I don't mind getting paid it up with random people. I usually just make friends with them and talk about random things with them. This one was weird.
Speaker 1: The longer I don't play golf, the more I don't want to play golf, which doesn't sound like it would be right because you know, the longer you don't eat, you want to eat more. Yeah, the longer you don't. But when I don't play golf for a long time, I'm like, well, if I start back, i'll be pretty bad. I haven't played in two months, and I know it's gonna be brutal the first time I go out there or the second time I go out there. So if it's like borderline ever, I'm like, I haven't played in a while, I'm just not gonna play, and then it's just worse and worse. So I don't want to play. Then it gets winter and I'm like, you know, I'm say all the winter out is, why would I even go and play when it's cold, when I'm gonna suck? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, it is one of those sports though, where you feel like if you're gonna play, you gotta play like yeah.
Speaker 1: Consistently, especially if you're gonna hold yourself accountable.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, if you're just going out to I don't know have fun. I mean, at least sometimes I'll just go out and have a few beers. Obviously, Bobby, you don't do that.
Speaker 1: So I've never went to play golf and had fun just seeing what happened. What do you mean, Like, I never think I'm just gonna go play golf and hit some balls and I just have fun regardless.
Speaker 3: You're trying to shoot well every time every time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if I'm playing terrible, I don't have fun. I've never had fun while playing bad. I've had fun while playing mid or below mid if it's like an awesome group and they're also playing below mid. Because if you're playing with your group, if you're playing with your group and like one or two of them are killing it, like your group of people like, you know, and you're sucking, and then they give you pointers. It's we don't do that anymore, Like we canceled that years ago because we all suck. So it's like, why am I learning from you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bad shot, You just put your head down, just don't say anything.
Speaker 1: And the only thing worse than playing bad with your people is playing bad with people that you don't know. If it's like, oh, we've never played before, but we know each other, and you're like, I promise I'm better than this, and you really are, that's a miserable experience.
Speaker 3: I have another question for you with this guy kind of just thought about it. So every time he hit a good shot, I'd be like, good shot, dude. Nothing ever responded when people say good shot. And maybe Kevin maybe don't have any shots.
Speaker 1: Don't take you out of this.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like if you hit a good shot, it's a big deal and everybody'd be like a good shot. You'd be like, wow, thank you.
Speaker 1: But for us that was kind of a strength, right right. What he's saying is you're the worst golfer by far, and you hit a good shot, we would say good shot. Copper.
Speaker 4: Dang dude, we got go golfing again.
Speaker 1: And so do you say thank you when people say a good shot?
Speaker 3: Yes, like I do. This guy didn't say crap.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he was just socially awkward anyway.
Speaker 3: I guess that's one way of putting it. Yeah, the first thing I thought, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, wow, like he's a dick, Like some people are just dicks. But I would say that there are some people who don't. I not being a dick on purpose because I really yeah, of course, they just don't give and receive social cues the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: This guy could have been a dick, but I feel like this is not really a dick thing. It's just somebody who doesn't understand socially what is welcomed or accepted, so he does his own thing thinking it's normal.
Speaker 4: Wow, like in his mind that I don't think he thought he was doing anything weird.
Speaker 1: I don't think he turned heel on the golf course and he's just gonna be out there to piss everybody off.
Speaker 3: But I feel like he's he was an older dude, and I feel like older people you know better, like you've lived long enough to know what annoys people or what isn't.
Speaker 4: That might be it, though he might be so old that he's like, I don't give an f anymore.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he can't hear it all so angel from my God. It was so loud, just he thought only he could hear it on the side of the golf cart. Make me your name, dude, NFL fans, what's your favorite touchdown? For me? What's the next touchdown? Because with Draftking sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL, every touchdown could bring you closer to cashing in. Draftking sports Book delivers the unmatched intensity of the NFL right to your fingertips, from first touchdown score or any time touchdown props, or the thrill of live in game betting, where every snap is loaded with the opportunity. The best part. Bet just five bucks and if your bet wins, you'll get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. I am a massive DraftKings guy. I'm an ambassador for DraftKings at times, and I'm not even supposed to be like, it is so much fun. It's the best entertainment while you're watching the best entertainment, which is football. Your team hitting pay dirt pays out to you. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app use the code bones. The code is bones to turn five bucks into two hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and Why, or text hope and Why as four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCP. Please play responsibly on behalf of Bootoe Casino and Resort, Kansas. Fees may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bet must win the receiver award minimum minus five hundred ods required. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance. For t additional terms responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: There was a clip and I saw this a couple of days ago. It was Florida A and M. And he's the band announcer, so he does the PA and he's like okay, and they were the other team was another it was like North Carolina A and N. Well, let's find that the other team, longtime band announcer for Florida A and M Joe Boulard, is under fire for what he said about the opposing team's plus sized dance team, the Honeybees.
Speaker 4: Alabama State.
Speaker 1: That's what it is, Alabama State.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 1: Well, so come and you even here in the crowd, I got it's all on TikTok. Then go, oh, okay, what'd you play the audio? Mike?
Speaker 3: I'm glad to them. They're now the new face. Come on, dude, A couple of things. I didn't know they had.
Speaker 1: Quote plus sized dance team.
Speaker 4: Me neither.
Speaker 3: Oh are they purposely plus size? They don't know their.
Speaker 1: Intention on their size, but they call themselves that. Every time I've seen this story described, if it's either by people talking about it or in this story, it says, quote Alabama States plus sized dance team. And so they do their thing, and then he says this, and then I saw people demanding he'd be fired. And look, I don't think anybody should be fire for every stupid thing that they do. I think this is a probably stupid thing to say. He probably thought it was going to be welcome with more laughs than groans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, man, do you really think people are gonna laugh at that? There's no way people going. Maybe a couple of people would be like that. Buddy.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing picture of the guy, and he didn't get here.
Speaker 3: Last I saw, he didn't get fired.
Speaker 1: I don't think he should. He come out apologized. Huh.
Speaker 4: He did come out and apologize and all that.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with that because I think you can apologize for things that I've learned this, but our culture just wants to fire people immediately. I think he'd been there forever. I don't support what he said. I can't believe he said it, But I also don't think he should be fired. If he's doing this like three weeks in a row, okay, and he's always just like over the line right up there, heckling the tea, then then maybe we talk. But the other team was demanding he'd be fired. I don't like the comment. For the record, I wouldn't have said that. I think it was wrong and over the line. I just want to make sure that that's said loud and clear, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't think he should be fired.
Speaker 1: Tyreek Hill is going to be out.
Speaker 3: Oh that was bad.
Speaker 1: It well, it just was like he heard his leg and they're like, was his knee And then it turns out it was more than that. There was some ligament. And also when you depend on speed, and also when you're getting older and you depend on speed and your speed is actually decreasing a bit, and then this happens, like this is probably the end for him, except for shell of that appears one more time, yes, and is never quite what he used to be and makes one more run except run slower.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's got to be tough when you're so fast like that.
Speaker 4: And then even age is probably so tough on you, Yeah, because he was already getting up there, and he's.
Speaker 1: Got eighty four kids, so he's got to carry all them's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and three million dollars and legal fees to pay them. Is that he paid like what was it like three hundred thousand a month or something for the divorce is going through right now.
Speaker 1: If you saw the horrific leg injury Tyreek Hill suffered during the Monday night football game between the Dolphins and Jets, he is out for the year. The good news is his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, says the damage was fixed in one operation and the goal is to have Hill ready for the start of next year. The injury happened in the third quarter and they had listed all and it's a multiple ligaments that were torn. Yeah, right, But whenever your thing is fast ligaments and you're getting all and your ligaments are torn, I can't ever see him coming back and being that dude. He's not a big guy. Yeah, he's a fast guy. So it's also not like he can just change his game and now be a possession receiver.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, he definitely won't be the same.
Speaker 1: That's from CBS Sports. TOOB will stream the Thanksgiving Day NFL game, So those sim will cast it on Thanksgiving. It's not Toob's first, it's their second. They stream the Super Bowl and may watch to be. It's a free streaming service.
Speaker 3: It's an app I see on my TV. I've never clicked on it though, like a lot of tow b you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know somebody that works at TUB and they are an executive at a network and they're like, I've now taken over to b OH, and that to me it's like a teletubby. Yeah, oh that's cute. Yeah, yes, but it's like an old movie from the two thousands.
Speaker 4: I can't find I go on tub and can I can watch it?
Speaker 3: There is?
Speaker 1: It kind of is starting to pop a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They even have like original stuff too, Like some of the movies they make are really ridiculous, but that's kind of what they're known for. Does to BE have any original shows that I've watched? Shows?
Speaker 6: None come to mind.
Speaker 3: I've only seen movies on there.
Speaker 6: I have a I have a song in a to Be to B movie coming out. It's called Sidelined to Intercepted.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: A football movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How'd a song go?
Speaker 6: It's a they're doing like a an outdoor country scene, like uh you know, tailgates, beers and all that stuff, and the song is like, it's a country song.
Speaker 1: You just give us a little bit.
Speaker 6: Do you sing it? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah, it's like, uh, man, how's it go?
Speaker 3: I mean you probably write so many songs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have to think of it, but it's like who you never think of a country song getting placed in movies or shows, But it's happening more more and more now, so you don't remember it.
Speaker 1: To the originals, it's something like you know what easy.
Speaker 6: Easy, like Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Last night as a linel thing like I've heard that song. So I did Lionel Richie and hosted a hour and a half Q and A with him, and they were sure to say he's not singing, there's no band, and he's not gonna get up there and sing a cappella for whatever. But the audience kept going.
Speaker 3: Like sing sang it, oh, guys, sing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a little bit. I would like push him to just do a little something and be like he's it, and they'd be like whoo. They start screaming so loud you couldn't even hear him anymore. So he'd stop.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Like the crowd.
Speaker 1: Didn't know how to actually encourage and then give him positive without shutting him down, because he'd be like yeah, I'd be like hello, is it me ego, and the copy like what they're starts screaming over him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he's like, okay, I'll stop.
Speaker 1: That's enough, Or if you just be quiet because he's not he's he's not singing loud because he doesn't have a band. He's just singing while talking, he'd be like yeah, and I was. I saw him in the studio and I was like hello, and then I was like whoa. So they wanted him to sing. They kept shutting him down from singing because they would react like that.
Speaker 6: Well, we heard the night before, the couple of nights before when they did the New York City thing with Robin Roberts.
Speaker 1: They thought he was singing.
Speaker 6: There were fans that were pissed and they left. So me and Reed are outside of Paramount Theater before the show. They have these big signs on the door. I took a picture of one. It says, this is not a musical performance. They're everywhere because people are having problems with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he went out at first, he walked up and he goes, it's awkward for me because I don't have a band here. So yeah, usually I just want to come out and sing, but I can't tonight. I can't sing tonight.
Speaker 4: He made it very clear at this at the beginning it ain't happening.
Speaker 1: And then he would have like hopped into stuff. But every time he did, the crowd would.
Speaker 4: Yell over him, especially the one is in the front were woud.
Speaker 1: And he's not going to keep singing a cappella over a crowd, so they were like working against themselves. Yeah it's good though, but that Hello song his Lionel story as he was in a studio and they were his producer was real late and he heard somebody come in and he goes. The guy goes, hello, and Lionel goes, is it He didn't sing it exactly mel He goes, is it me?
Speaker 6: You're looking for no one?
Speaker 1: And the guy goes, you should write that, and he goes, I don't know that. Gud's sounds stupid, and he goes, but I tried to write it, and then turns out Hello.
Speaker 3: Not stupid.
Speaker 1: That's pretty some great stories, yeah, yeah, No, he's like, he's very he's a captivating, captivating way of speaking. Yeah yeah, and I'd be like, I know, like I read most of the book and so I knew a lot of the answers, but I wanted to lead him to places. And so let's say I wanted to lead him to a story about the Jackson Five and Michael Jackson that I wanted to hear specifically, so I hear what he's saying, find the perfect pivot point to get from that question to the next and ask what I would feel be the perfect question without a lot of words, just so I could set him up. And if I'm like you talking about it, he'd be like, I'd be like, yeah, so you talked about that with the Jackson vibe? What's that? And he'd go like, I was eening dinner one night, right. He would start like seven steps before he would get to the point, so like he would hear a question and then go reverse on even the answer and build up to it, and in the middle he gives the beginning of.
Speaker 3: The answer and he yeahs, great, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Mister bones missed.
Speaker 3: Is that what he called it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. But and you guys saw him, you were back safe to me, Yeah, he's the nicest guy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, talking to everybody the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like the kindest nice It's kind of hard to get to him because he does have a lot of people, multiple security guards. But once you're there, you're with him. He had done Joe Rogan that day, and he had done like a two and a half hour interview on Joe Rogan and I don't like you tired, and he's like tired, No, let's go baby, it's awesome like in seventies. Yet, did Joe do that at his house? Yes? Yes, I believe so, I know. They just they just built a new studio at the race car track formula like a Circuit of America's like a car condo. They all it where they can do content and even podcast stuff there. But I believe the other stuffs at his house.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Lionel said that all Joe's like guys that came out to get them look like Joe, So.
Speaker 3: I thought they were all jokes.
Speaker 1: They were like they were like bald, muscular dudes.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: And yes, how do we feel before we go? We got a couple of things here. How do we feel about Vandy at Alabama?
Speaker 4: Don't love it? I'm just gonna say that right now, guys, I love Vandy, love Diego, but man, Alabama is right now? Is just crazy to say after Week one a few weeks ago, Alabama probably looks like the best team. They're playing so good, and they are out for blood against Vandy this game especially, Yeah, I think they are out to just the crowd's going to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Which is weird to think Alabama's getting hyped up because Vandy's coming to town. Yeah, they have a reason to stick the old pedal to the metal and just run it up on Bandy if possible, if Vanderbilt is able to play, if they win this game, like they're in the mix now for all of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I hope they do me too. For the record, I hope Vandy wins me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 3: Loud and clear.
Speaker 4: Loud and clear. But I think it's gonna be a bloodbath, Eddie.
Speaker 3: Man, I want it to be close. I think Diego Pavia is going to keep it close. I think he's also on a mission to beat them again at home in Alabama. I don't know, man, it's I want to be a close game. So I'm gonna believe that it's going to be a close game, more closer than we think it is. What's the line at? Do you know?
Speaker 4: Ten and a half?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ten ten and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, closer than that, better than I thought. So you would bet Vandy plus ten and a half?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I bet. I stayed away from it because I don't think they will cover. I hope they do, but I don't think they will. And I don't want to bet Bama even though I think they'll win because I don't have to root for that. My rooting affects a lot of my betting. Yeah, I'm not able to separate.
Speaker 3: I feel that same like with the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I won't to do it, by the way, and I'll end with this in our little league, Oh, Joe Flacco's good. Got bench for Dylan Gabriel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited to see what he does. And his first start is in London.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, it's probably not gonna be good. But nobody's gonna be good with the Browns. It's probably not.
Speaker 3: Gonna be good. No, were you surprised he was Dylan Oversdre No, because he's been number two the whole year. He's sugar. Wasn't even taking stats in the practice.
Speaker 4: Squad, Yeah, even flags number two.
Speaker 1: No, they had Bailey's Zappi taking snaps the practice squad over shoulder. Yeah so no, yeah, I wasn't. Okay, you were looking at our team, our money, m M. So it looked we got in did We got in the league, and we drafted all these teams and the more they win, we win money. But if they lose, we lose. Even more money, and so we have the Chiefs and I there's some outside there now. The fact that Worthy, I would say, opened up the secondary because he's a deep threat guy, so you can't keep the safeties playing up, which opens up everything, the run, the intermediate passing. So Worthy change that raceist Rice comes back in a couple of weeks too. I think the Chiefs aren't as lost as we thought they might be. The Jags, the Jackson three and one, yeah, but like you are, you are your record. But we have the Chiefs, we have the Bengals. They need to trade for a quarterback something. And the reason they need to trade for a quarterback is because they can win that division.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The best team in the divisions one and three Baltimore. Yeah, and they're real in right now, big time injury, especially now that Lamar isn't not is not going to play for a couple of weeks. Yeah, So the Bengals could actually win that division if they had a decent quarterback. So that would be nice to see them for us, Like I'm glad everybody else is losing in that division. I mean, Pittsburgh's not losing, losing, but I don't think they're that good.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cleveland definitely isn't good. Right, So that's that whole division. But we have the Chiefs and the Bengals that that that hurts.
Speaker 3: Yep. We have the bus.
Speaker 1: Nice, we have the Patriots not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tough one this week. Boys.
Speaker 1: So we have those four teams we got a root for yep. And when they lose, we lose a lot of money. When they win, we win a little. But you're supposed to win most of your games.
Speaker 3: So do I need a second job or not?
Speaker 1: Do you not know where we are? Really? No, I haven't won.
Speaker 4: I look every day.
Speaker 1: Well it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I just hope it does.
Speaker 3: Like a recount.
Speaker 1: Yeah here, you just never know.
Speaker 4: I check it on Tuesday stat corrections.
Speaker 1: We're minus a thousand dollars right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just started to go fundme for you guys.
Speaker 1: Nice, Thank you, buddy, Thanks, thank you for the link up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we are at minus a thousand bucks, which is better than what it was well for a minute, because both our teams didn't play. But there there's one team minus twenty two hundred right now that could be us because they have the Ravens winnings and so they have one they've only got one game. They have the Colts losing on the same team. Wow, So for them to win, the Colts have to lose. They picked the Colt and so those two have really set them back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could be that.
Speaker 4: And at least the Packers don't look as good as they did earlier in the year.
Speaker 1: Eddie, Well that's Cowboys, right, Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Men look a little normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but could they play the week before and they lost.
Speaker 1: But if you're you're betting a team going forward. And the reason they're saying this because Eddie wanted to pick the Bengals over the.
Speaker 3: Packers and that was my two cents the Packers.
Speaker 1: The Packers definitely have a higher See.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to just trying to thank you for trying to positive and help you out with Eddie. Thank you, please stop doing that.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, that's it.
Speaker 1: So root for our four teams. The Chiefs playing the Jags, yep, okay, we feel okay about that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Monday night.
Speaker 1: We do not like the Patriots and the Bills. They have to play each other, don't know, but the.
Speaker 3: Bills have to lose at some point. Maybe it's this week.
Speaker 4: I don't know that they do, like just one week, pretty tough, especially in Buffalo on Sunday night. That's gonna be rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Bucks have a tough game. Yeah, who do? They just looked at all for them and it was like these all.
Speaker 3: Suck, like it doesn't look good for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I just eliminated my mind who They actually were.
Speaker 4: Playing Seahawks in Seattle.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's that's all the way across the country. That's a tough one. Okay, but okay, they can win that one though.
Speaker 4: Wait, it gets better, guys, go ahead, Angles Alliance.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my good.
Speaker 3: We could lose I need a second job.
Speaker 1: We could lose fifteen hundred bucks this weekend.
Speaker 3: It called Starbucks.
Speaker 1: If we don't win a game, we will lose fifteen hundred dollars or so.
Speaker 4: And you got to post more videos, dude to get that pay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need my Instagram more.
Speaker 1: I got that popcorn looked so thank you, thank you, him and done brought it over to my wife and I really.
Speaker 3: Well, she was pregnant, that's okay, So I brought her popcorn.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: And they brought me popcorn with like just salt on it. Because you can't eat butter. You can't eat dairy, dude boring, And he was like, where my m and ms dude's milk chocolate. You can't have that. Stay away from our popcorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're done. Thank you guys. We'll see you next week. Anything else good? I remember? Good? Okay, all right, good.
Speaker 3: Bye, buds. Oh yeah, his Red Sox like code too. Oh yeah, dude, your comes now.
Speaker 1: They're playing the same exact spot. It's one one in both series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm in the Red Sox. Look pretty good.
Speaker 1: Come, look really good. Game one they did Game one, Game two couldn't They couldn't do anything.
Speaker 4: We did the same thing. Our teams are like the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, alright, alright, alright, all right, so you guys. Theme song written by Bobby Bones That's me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music.
Speaker 3: You can follow the show.
Speaker 1: On Instagram at Bobby Bones Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, and executive producer at Mike Eestro, but most importantly, thank you for listening. Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time. Here on twenty five whistles