Speaker 1: What do you think this world series is going to be like for the respective cities, Because now it's like a thing I've always fantasized about.
Speaker 2: I'm like Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Versus or like the l I would love to see that it's and it is the It is the world series that I'm sure every advertiser on Earth was praying for.
Speaker 3: But every connoisseur of toxic masculinity is probably just licking their chops right now, the various forms, varying forms.
Speaker 2: I'm licking my chops.
Speaker 3: I'm licking chops so hard over here about this world series.
Speaker 1: It was so hard to watch it from the East Coast because like it starts at eight, and like I'm already I'm already tired from being a parent and shit, so like even the adrenaline of watching like a you know, Pennant deciding game, I was like.
Speaker 3: Baseball is purely background noise for me, even like at this point, like I will put it on, but I'm it's not ever going to be like we're staying up or we're like changing plans to do it. But I do find myself.
Speaker 2: Room for the Dodgers, as you should. You know, I just.
Speaker 3: Want more dopamine in the general brain system that's moving around Los Angeles. We need all the help we can get.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope this just tears the country apart. If I'm gonna be honest, that's.
Speaker 3: What I want that. I just want this the civil war. Yeah, the election goes off, fine, we.
Speaker 2: Don't even care. But it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 3: They're like, right, yeah, nobody saw this ship coming. It's all about like different styles of baseball, and they steal and move the runners along.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh that's how you guys like to win.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, stealing interest. How we stop the steal, stop the steal?
Speaker 1: Show hazen first, they're just screaming, stop the stealing sport.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the sonorous tones of one miles. Whoa, whoa do we do? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Monday, and hey, and I know you can hear it. I'm a little congested. I'm a little congested. The allergens on the East Coast they kind of fuck with me.
Speaker 2: They different on the the allergions. We get to my underrated no joke.
Speaker 3: The allergens on the East Coast hit different that was the first person to ever because that one's actually true. The allergiens do hit different on the East coast. They fucked me up.
Speaker 1: Wait really, Oh you mean like I'm well, I'm sure it's person dependent. I'm sure the other way people will be like the fucking allergens on the West coast are system. Yeah, because I can't even handle the ship and like I've it, I have always fall allergies just.
Speaker 2: In l A and now it's it's no different. But what I it's not as bad, not as bad.
Speaker 3: This is the episode where we tell you some of the things that we're trending over the weekend. We also let you get to know us a little bit better about what's going on with a little a little bit of an underrated, a little bit of an overrated.
Speaker 2: You know, we we talked.
Speaker 3: To these guests all week and get their overrated and underrated.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: What about us, Miles, We've got thoughts, we've got ideas. Exactly, they're pretty similar week to week. But anyways, it's just a fun, fun way to set the aat idea what we've been doing over the weekend. Yeah, exactly, do you want to kick us off say to go, Yeah, what's something Miles that you think is underrated.
Speaker 2: Under Oh boy, what did I put here? Oh?
Speaker 1: First, up, I am the East Coast. I was at a wedding for New Jersey people. It took place in New Jersey. Bruce Springsteen's baby I Was Born to Run came on and I I'm I'm look, I'm from La, I'm I know the I know Bruce Springsteen is deified and you're in the midst of.
Speaker 2: A religious moment.
Speaker 1: The way people rush to the dance floor like the most emotional faces, singing along like damn near like tears in people's eyes. I was kind of like, oh this, I thought it was a bit at first. I'm like, oh, here we go. Yeah, you're you're getting all into it because it's Bruce Springsteen and you're in New Jersey and no, no, no, no, no, this was like for real with.
Speaker 2: Like their eyes are like rolled back. Yeah, You're like, and I feel like that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of how it is like with millennials sometimes, like when California Love comes on, there are like certain like Tupac sort of tracks or other like West Coast artists that kind of bring that out.
Speaker 2: But nothing quite like this.
Speaker 1: So that was it was I was underrating just exactly how much of a out of body experience it causes for the people of the guard in state. And that was a wonderful thing to witness because I do, like I have, you know, I love I love New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I feel like the valley what the Valley is to La New Jersey is to New York. And that's why fuck with y'all.
Speaker 1: But the other thing, salmon as a sandwich protein I think is underrated. Salmon sando and I'm not talking about locks. I'm talking about like grilled salmon or however you're you're st pan, frying it, whatever it.
Speaker 2: Because I'm trying to I'm forty.
Speaker 1: I don't know if y'all heard, come after me, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I'm forty, man, come after me. Don't come after my beef and chicken.
Speaker 1: Though then I'm just trying to eat less beef and chicken, and I usually default to those, especially if I see like a you know, a nice kind of roast beef sort of a sandwich or a fried chicken sandwich.
Speaker 2: I like those things.
Speaker 1: I like, But I also love salmon like just as an entree, and I had the opportunity to have this fucking amazing salmon sandwich, and I was like, this is this is where, this is where I should be going. This is how you know, no, no, no, no no. This was just completely out of there. This was like on my travels back to DC HM shout out a Soco and Tacoma Park. We're had this sandwich. They have like this salmon sandwich, and I look, it's all about the margins. So I could still have my big, gigantic sandwich. But I don't need a bunch of shit that is bad for me and the earth, So why don't I just have some salmon in it?
Speaker 2: And it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: And now I'm like just trying to, you know, just just cultivate those habits so underrated sandwich.
Speaker 3: Sandwich miles and this is weird and this is like where you're fucking lying amically connected. I didn't have a sandwich. I had salmon over the weekend that was better than any like any salmon I'd had before, Like there was something about how they cooked it.
Speaker 2: It just had a little bit more flavor.
Speaker 3: I feel like anytime I'm getting grilled salmon, for the most part in my experience.
Speaker 2: It's dry.
Speaker 3: It's dry, and it's also very flavorless, like it doesn't And this time they had all lives in there with it. That gave it a little saltiness. That just gave it a little bit of something.
Speaker 2: That you have to underneath it.
Speaker 1: You have to under like most people cook it to temperature and you kind of got to do it a little bit before.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: So it's like chicken too, you know, media, But that's the warm pink center, wormy pink center.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, The other thing too, if you should try is to slow like roast it in your oven at super low temperature and you will get that just like a delicious juicy So just give it a nice sweat in there, all right, my underrated What did I write down? Animal's ability to do stuff only humans supposedly do? Is my underrated? We talked last week. We're still on that, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my eyes are open, so my eyes are open to things that in the past I might have scrolled right by. But we talked last week about how scientists are decode birds song and have known for a while that there's like more complicated communication happening than I would have thought possible. A type of tit in the UK figured out how to open milk jugs, and then it like went viral among birds, Like the birds taught each other how to open the milk jugs across Europe and like it just over the course of decades, it was like, now birds can open these milk jugs they used to not be able to because they can teach each other. So I just learned about another type of animal making a work of art that's really like beautiful. So scientists kept noticing these like large crop circles on the ocean floor in the subtropical waters off southern Japan. There's these like big intricately designed circles that have all these like squiggles and you know, indentations in the sand. It's just like and you have to like rise up above it to like fully appreciate it. It's pretty cool, Like you need to zoom out, like you need to need to zoom out. That's the whole perspect get it, And scientists a really what what weird force is making art like this that seems like it's designed to be appreciated from a different perspective thing you would have while making it. And then they saw these little horny male pufferfish doing it basically as like an elaborate mating ritual. They just work twenty four hours a day, and because it's under at the bottom of the sea, there's like various currents that are like fucking it up, and so they're just repeatedly over and over having to like make this design, set it up, reset it up, redo it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like sissyfician basically yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But like for twenty four hours. And then if they do a good enough job, the female pufferfish laser eggs in the middle of the circle.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: Even like the BBC article that I found talking about it calls the designs like random squiggles in some places where it's like I don't know, like they say, First, first the male traces basic circular shapes that embellishes them with ridges by swimming inward at different angles. Next he fills in the circle with doodles or of random squiggly lines. It's like, I don't know, man, you don't know. You don't read puffer fish, you don't know what the I bet. I bet the language looked like random. And then they also have to like add their like, and we we think that they do this because it like sweeps oxygen rich water towards the middle, which is cool if that's actually true, but it also feels like they just needed like some sort of survival based mechanism for it to tie into being like we just did something dope to attract people, which is just like basically art. And this does tie back to birds. I'm going to tie back to birds, folks. There's this book Evolution of Beauty that looks at birds doing like all these elaborate mating dances and says that it doesn't it's not because like they're showing off how good they'll be at like getting.
Speaker 2: Food or whatever. It's just beauty. It's just right.
Speaker 3: The trees are full of singing flowers that exist just to be like beautiful for each other. And they do it in like really complex ways, and like one of the birds uses forced perspective. They like design their nest with like different trinkets, and like they will put smaller ones two larger ones in a way that makes it look like it's like going away from you.
Speaker 2: Which yeah, it's just I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like cuddlefish have been shown to be able to like keep track of like weird three dimens, like very complex three dimensional equations when they're camouflaging themselves, because like if they're in a tank and they see someone walking around the room, they'll camouflage themselves, keeping in mind like Okay, they're twenty feet out, so to them, like the thing behind me is what the fuck? Yeah, Like it's wild, Like they just can do shit that I think we've just like we'll look back on our writing about animals up to this point in a lot of cases and be like we were just like so so dismissive. Just like they're probably like doing it because they want to signal day can be early bird to get to worm. And it's like, nah, it's it's actually they're doing art in very complex.
Speaker 2: Ways, and they're talking idiots and they're.
Speaker 3: Talking dumb, dumb. So that's my underrated What what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Miles referees, referees, referees and sporting events.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some there's a lot of our sponsored segment about how AI should replace.
Speaker 2: Referees, right, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it might have got that Brandon Stewart call right last night.
Speaker 2: But there's been some.
Speaker 1: Interesting calls throughout the NBA post WNBA postseason and the finals finale happened last night where the Liberty beat the Link but little contentious going into overtime.
Speaker 2: Was it a foul? Was it not a foul?
Speaker 1: I mean, Cheryl Reeve, you know, the coach of the Links and you know team coach of Team USA who won the gold is like broll. We've had two fucking championships just stolen from us from bad from bad calls.
Speaker 2: One of that was to the Sparks, and you know, we don't have to get into that.
Speaker 1: But like, aside from that, like there's just a lot of ambient anger about refereeing. I feel like, really that's like increasing more and more over the last couple of years, especially when there's like more replay technology. We're like, well, we want to give the referees a chance to be able to like right their wrongs. This also happened like in the English Premier League over the weekend. There were a lot of like inconsistent calls or like fouls of the same type were not being penalized in the same way, and video referees are not having asistant calls, so whether justified or not. It just feels like there's just more and more awareness of refs making these game shifting calls, and you know, I feel like a good ref is a ref who knows how to manage the game and also understands that like higher intensity games call for some nuance, Like it can't always be like the letter of if you call everything. If it's if you're gonna be to the letter of the law, you have to be to the letter of the law, like every single time. And I just don't know if that's really possible, because it's also an entertainment thing, and a lot of people, I think, get more.
Speaker 2: And more like.
Speaker 1: And I know part of that is a sort of part is in fanness. Part is in fandom as well, But like there are times when like you're just looking at an instant replay over and over again.
Speaker 2: They're like, they're gonna review this, and you're like, surely they can't.
Speaker 3: What okay, so they can't get it wrong after the repay when they see it again in slow motions And I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to stand by what I said before. We're uh, yeah we're going with that one. Yeah, we're going with that one.
Speaker 1: I'm not wrong, and I don't want a cop to it, so let's keep it moving.
Speaker 2: But yeah, anyway, that's that's that's just something I've.
Speaker 1: I've been watching over the weekend a lot of sports and a lot of fan arsenal.
Speaker 3: Is a you know what fucking did this weekend? You know it did every time? It does every fucking time. Yeah, every time. But I'll leave that there. I don't need to get into the specifics of my pain.
Speaker 1: But I was just saying, I was just saying, Oh, it's universal, it's a universally shared frustration that referees are like they're like activist referees, you know what I mean, Like you're not keeping the game intact, Like you're saying, like I'm the main character and I'm going to decide this thing should happen. And then so anyway, that's me, that's me being a partisan fan.
Speaker 3: I wonder I like a psychological profile, Like what if there's a part of the ideal psychological profile that like makes a referee that is just like contrarian, you know what I mean, because they have to be willing to eat so much shit like from the masses, right, you know, like right widely derided and like hated by entire cities, Like I wonder if that then requires a certain personality type that's like, you know, came out of the womb being like, fuck you, that's why, right, yeah, oh you know my name?
Speaker 2: Fuck you, that's my name.
Speaker 1: I feel like in my time like playing organized sports, you had refs that were clearly like, I suck at this sport and this is just what the only way I can kind of get near the game.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, I just like the game so.
Speaker 1: Much so, but I also have a chip on my shoulder, so I'll be kind of like an asshole as a ref. You do have like like rule book nerd refs who truly are just like I want to adjudicate this sporting competition as best as I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. I mean, I'm sure I'm sure there either way would be.
Speaker 3: I hate them man Nerds. Fuck my least favorite dude. Get out of my sports nerds.
Speaker 1: Man, but also come on, give me some fair calls Nerd please.
Speaker 3: My overrated is just any I've noticed it happening on Microsoft teams a lot, which I don't think anybody uses, but like it also I guess happens on FaceTime the thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where does it happen on zoom?
Speaker 1: Yeah it does right now, Okay watch three two one and boo.
Speaker 3: There it is where it uses ai, I think, to read our gestures to then underline our gestures with a like mog thumbs up or thumbs down or like you know, laughter, you know, just so much dumb shit. I've never seen this be additive in the least bit. Like there, I can't and I can't.
Speaker 2: Conceive of a scenario where it would be additive.
Speaker 1: I feel like I get like, for like accessibility issues that like might be one thing, but there to raise your hand like in a meeting, there there's usually just like a button you can click where you don't have to like physically be like wait for the camera to be like, oh it has recognized my hand inconsistently like a terrible referee. And yeah, I don't know. I think it's just kind of like one of those things where's like look what it can do now, and you're like, I don't care if this, like this big lighter is also a can opener, Like it's not a function I needed on this other thing.
Speaker 3: And when it does get my hand gesture wrong, I do stop the call to uh tell it to get its eyes checked and ask it as shit for brands.
Speaker 1: Hey, zebra, why don't you go, Hey, you're lafe for your shift a foot locker.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know, Like they never get it right.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you stop a call because you accidentally showed your thumb on a meeting at a point where you have absolutely no opinion and are trying to keep your head down, and it's just like.
Speaker 2: Oh, wow, Jack agrees. Do you care to chime in on that? Yeah? No, that was an errant thumb. I'm sorry the AI is tripping. I was doing the hand jive for some reason. Uh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like best case scenario, someone is giving the thumbs up and you're just like adding an emoji to like something that was already communicated via thumbs up thumbs up the original emoji, Like you don't, you don't need it right right, like you Sometimes you need to do the heart the heart emoji with your hands to like, hey, it'll create a heart emogive if you do the heart thing with your hands, the hands are doing the work for you.
Speaker 2: You don't, you don't need to do it, but.
Speaker 1: It recognized what your hand did through the intell machine learning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then put that form on the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's just tech people saying, look look at me. Yeah, I can see how it would make sense inside Silicon Valley. Uh, and it makes sense absolutely nowhere else. I feel like, but let me know if you got if you got the answer for why this makes sense, why it persists, why it is like default on on all these applications. Uh, don't let me know, but you know, just feel good about knowing something that I don't know. I guess let's take a quick break and we'll come back and get into some news, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: And Donald Trump had a weekend, didn't he, folks us two weeks y'all.
Speaker 2: Served. It's so wild fifteen days. So it's interesting.
Speaker 3: So his campaign said he was going to begin previewing this weekend his closing argument with election day nearly two weeks away, and in that public appearance, he paid tribute to native Pennsylvanian Arnold Palmer. This is giant dick Yuh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, oh right, yeah, that thing, that thing, that thing, Yeah, that was cool. You have that? Oh do we have that? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well let's just pull this up. This is him just saying, hey, we're here in the Trope, Pennsylvania home of Arnold Palmer. He really loved this place.
Speaker 2: And then he switches it up to this.
Speaker 4: But Arnold Palmer was all man. And I say that in all due respect to women, and I love women.
Speaker 1: But this guy, okay, but this guy, what was a better woman than any of you?
Speaker 2: Will be?
Speaker 3: Guy?
Speaker 2: That was all man. Oh, this man.
Speaker 4: Was strong and tough. And I refused to say it. But when he took showers with the other pros, they came out of there they said, oh my god, that's unbelievable. I had to say it.
Speaker 2: No, no, you did not know you did it? What.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it, But when he took showers with the other golfers, Wait, are all the PGA golfers just like showering together after I wouldn't expect that.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, aren't you like? But like, aren't you It's kind of like you're subtly eliminated. You're out of contention at certain points. No, I mean, I guess everyone has to complete their rounds of golf.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess, but the showers are communal the time that we all come together.
Speaker 2: Hey wait, wait, hey, you want your shower already.
Speaker 1: Arnold isn't even in here yet, man, hold on, No, it's just it's just so wild. Yeah, he had to say it, though he had he prefaced it in the way that all fans proprietors of toxic masculinity do.
Speaker 3: Like, I love women, folks, I'm about to talk about guys, Dick, so like, just be right up.
Speaker 2: Love women. God, I love women, right, God, I love women. But this guy's hog, Oh my god, a thing of beauty. Holy shit. But also, let's be real. He didn't say in what direction. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: He had the tiniest so they could be a man from his own heart. Yeah, maybe he's like the Greeks where they like admired a perk little you know, perfect.
Speaker 1: Hey, adrenaline in the heat of battle. We'll do that, you know, so you never know, you never.
Speaker 2: Know, swinging that wood, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Unfortunately, and even like the like construction worker dudes behind him were like, oh man, like they did like the laugh that wasn't like, holy shit, this guy's killing it.
Speaker 2: They're like, ohja, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I had to say, we have women that are highly sophisticated here, but they used to look at Arnold as a man, is what he said after after that, I don't I don't know what that means. Yeah, So Mike Johnson sounds perfect, h Mike Johnson. So Mike Johnson speaker, And uh, he's the guy who monitors and is monitored by his teenage son's pornography intake. You know, if he watches porn his teenage son finds out about it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yal relig Yeah, he's covered eyes old coveted eyes. Johnson had to like go on CNN Sunday and answer for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is funny because he all, this is like what happens because it's always like is this your king every time and he's like, come on, here's the thing you have to understand about eating pets or whatever. So this is him trying to pivot out of the Arnold Arnold Palmer penis commentary.
Speaker 5: Why is he talking about Arnold Palmer's penis in front of Pennsylvania voters?
Speaker 2: God, the alliteration j you seem to like that line a lot. Let me tell you that I don't let me around the country.
Speaker 5: Just say something I don't want to be talking about, right, Donald Trump is out there saying it. It is what you continue to let's talk about.
Speaker 2: But you keep talking about it.
Speaker 5: He is out there talking about I'll address it. Lets it.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't say it again. We don't have to say it. That's just where it ends. Okay, don't say it again. Okay, that's not wow, wow, you will you keep talking about it.
Speaker 1: This is like when like when people have like these like terrible relationship moments that like probably have damaged a relationship, but one partner is like, well you you keep talking about the fact that I was cheating.
Speaker 3: You know, and it's your decision, whether it's your favorite topic.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's the one fucking.
Speaker 2: Bring I didn't say it to tell him to bring it up.
Speaker 1: This is what is coming out of his mouth as he again makes his final you know, closing our arguments as to why he should be voted for, and he's like, yeah, I admire Arnold Palmer's dick.
Speaker 2: Okay, will you vote for me now? Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 3: The argument, by the way, goes on to ultimately be shouldn't we give Donald Trump some credit for all the parts of the speech that weren't about Arnold Palmer's giant dick R or microscopic.
Speaker 1: We don't know, you know what I mean. I still want to hold up my gosh. Oh, Mike, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: This is just like beautiful. What if it was just like a beautiful cock? You know, it couldn't be Yeah.
Speaker 1: And we never know Trump say that, Wow, then they would drool folks. And it's like the whole they have to lower the bar so much, it's so offensive, even more and more.
Speaker 2: It's like, what about the other stuff? He said? Okay, do you want to know what else he said?
Speaker 3: He said he could outdrive Arnold Palmer, mean go, he said, yeah, he's like when he was the maybe seventy five he mind would be a good four or five yards past him.
Speaker 2: Okay, this year pitching yourself.
Speaker 1: Then then he did a casual, you know, brought up another potential Logan Act violation by saying he spoke with bb net and Yahoo over the weekend of killing of Yah Yah sin War and you're like, what he's like? I told him he can't listen to Biden and if in seed it, and if he did, he wouldn't be able to do the things that he did.
Speaker 2: He also said Kamala is a shit vice president. He said a lot of fucking nonsense.
Speaker 1: So I mean, Mike Johnson, do you want to talk about any of those things too, or just do you want to ignore?
Speaker 2: He's like, can we just ignore the other things?
Speaker 3: He said, we just like move along and talk about Like here, I have like kind of a cut together, auto tuned thing with just various scraps of what he said that kind of make.
Speaker 2: It sound coherent, right exactly.
Speaker 3: And somehow that moment was upstaged by a press event in which Trump pretended to work at McDonald's, uh, just to I think the idea was like to burn Kamala Harris for her claims of having actually worked at a McDonald's.
Speaker 2: But I think she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Well, he has no proof that she did, and she says she did. It doesn't seem it doesn't seem anyone's like, you know, denying the fact that that happened.
Speaker 2: But keyword here, she actually worked and you at.
Speaker 3: Any point in her life you larped as a fucking lost old man who wandered into the back of a McDonald's, is what That whole fucking thing looked like, yeah, he even manned the drive through, just total like killer photo shoot opportunity, very similar. In a just world, this would have been just the ben Affleck Super Bowl commercial, not a campaign event for a presidential candidate.
Speaker 2: But alas we are where we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that whole event was really every single detail like makes your eyes water in the bad way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the restaurant was actually closed. The customers were screened by the Secret Service and positioned before his arrival, which obviously kind of to be expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, like this is why.
Speaker 3: Presidential campaigns don't usually do something like this, because you can't actually do it, and otherwise it's just a weird like transparent photo right exactly, nobody.
Speaker 2: Is going to trust and feel like really shitty with your pre screen customers who also couldn't even order food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't order food, He just they just got whatever Trump gave them.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I mean I think this is a good just example of like how this is Donald Trump's entire existence is like just a bunch of setup opportunities for him to pretend that he contributes fucking anything. Okay, oh yeah, and go there. You won't even have to actually work, You just touch the gross stuff the poor people, dude as they toil, and then you can leave after forty five minutes or an hour, however fucking long he was there. I'm surprised, like the customers, like they didn't go as far as be like, yeah, they weren't even customers. There's just like his own staff and a bunch of rental cars just doing the loop around and dressing like actual people.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure they got like some very wealthy people to like poney up a bunch of money to be, to be, to have the good fortune.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He he loves to give fast food out like this. That is that is his love language, as we saw when the college football championship winning team went to the White House and he just served them all like big holes and McDonald's in a room that just must have smelled like when it started, it must have smelled like farts.
Speaker 2: And then holy shit.
Speaker 1: Did you see the clip of him trying to work the deep fryer like on the fry station. No, there's one where this guy who's working there is like trying to show him like and then you like submerge the basket into the fryar.
Speaker 2: And Trump looked so lost.
Speaker 1: Trying to do it, and then there's a moment where like the fries are coming out and like the guys like showed him like and then you and then you kind of assault them and Trump put I think he puts like way too much so because I goes, oh, okay, like you.
Speaker 2: Just don't know.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna be like, oh no, not like that. But it's like someone who like, you know, higher status, you have to just be like, well, I'm not going to point that out.
Speaker 2: I'll just present He's like, bring this one up.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's lifting a fryer out, he's shaking him out.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Donald killing.
Speaker 1: He's gonna bring it over so dump them there, and he's dumping them in into the under the heat lamp.
Speaker 2: But this salt part is funny. He just goes right it right up there. Yeah, and then do you want to do this over here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got to do that one right there, so grab that. Give him extra no ye because here he went over all right. Well, luckily these people are fucking paying.
Speaker 1: For this ship so they can deal with their hypertension and whatever they whatever way they choose.
Speaker 3: That does highlight one of my favorite things about Fast food restaurants these days. Is that they all sound identical to like an intensive care unit. Yeah, because yeah, the friar like lets off an alarm that like all of the employees are completely anerged too, after like their second day on the job, and so it just sounds like a life support system. My son and I go to a veggie grill every Sunday and spend like an hour there and it's just working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's working the friars.
Speaker 3: We get behind the desk, you know, but behind the counter and just get her hands dirty.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love this buffalo cauliflower, folks, you gotta love it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think that's a really good point though, Like this is who he is, Like he's been a professional spokesmodel for an extremely long time.
Speaker 2: Like he's is.
Speaker 3: The way he was making his money primarily from the Apprentice on was by lending his name to products, letting people license his name, and then he just kind of stands there, which also is kind of the ideal Republican president. Like I feel like that's what Reagan was, was just like an empty suit who the Republican operatives were able to just like kind of hide behind and get their.
Speaker 2: Shit done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're our neocon death puppet. Now let us work your little strings.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, but yeah, it should probably go without saying. But just to confirm Trump's first term made things way worse for fast food workers, specifically McDonald's workers, Like they forced a settlement with McDonald's and its workers in a dispute over unfair labor practices.
Speaker 6: So huh, which, yeah, it seems like as he like he was taking questions from the press through the drive through window, obviously another photo op, and then one just bluntly he's like, yeah, what about raising the federal minimum wage before that, because it hasn't happened in a long time, And he's like then just pivoted off to something like completely didn't answer it, and the entire like gaggle of reporters go.
Speaker 2: What about the minimum wage?
Speaker 1: He just like turned his body to like a probably conservative newest person to be like, how hard were you working today, mister president. Oh my gosh, your forearms must be fucking just stinging from all that work you did.
Speaker 2: So good. Oh my goodness, these I've never had fries this good, mister president. These are so cool. I'm like I'm seeing streaks of light as I eat them. But I, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: My face is visibly shriveling as I eat these holy sweating. I think I just mummified to the right side of my face somehow eating one of these fries. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We'll talk to Ela Musk, we'll talk other stories that happen over the weekend. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: And so Elon just announced that his pack will give away one million dollars every day to a registered voter who signs his pro Trump petition in swing states only. So he's basically turning voting into a game show in order to ensure that Trump supporters are all registered to vote.
Speaker 1: I like he's doesn't just feel like a little too little, Like we're fifteen days out, Yeah you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I guess you're just turning the volume up that quick now.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you could have been doing this for a month if this was really about voter I don't know what I don't I don't even know what the fuck this is about anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like so absurd looking. I don't even know how to wrap my head around this.
Speaker 3: But he does like to just step into a situation when it's too later. He's completely around his depths, right, I mean his super has been.
Speaker 1: Boy, they've been working away, they've been working at anytime like very you know, I don't I don't.
Speaker 3: Always trust political operatives and political strategists, but uh, they seem to uniformly be like they suck it like his his uh super pack. Like one of the things they've been seen spending money on is just ads on Facebook that are just screen caps of Elon musk tweets.
Speaker 2: So there's just like trying to make him feel good about himself.
Speaker 1: Hey, Elon, do you want to do an ad where you express your concerns like on camera to people so they connect.
Speaker 2: No, just put up one of my old tweets on my.
Speaker 3: Tweets are actually lull copters, so raffel I actually don't know the same, but oh my god, uh yeah, and I don't know he's literally paying them off with giant novelty checks. Our writer Jam said, this is the kind of shit that plays on TV. In the background of RoboCup.
Speaker 2: Behind a big American flag.
Speaker 3: American flag, Yeah, giant American flag woman in a Trump T shirt holding the check above her head just with like gaping smile. Yeah, this is we should have mentioned this is uh transparently like very illegal.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Like Joshapiro, who obviously is a Democrat but you know, has a legal background, pointed out that this is, uh, you're you're not allowed to offer cash prizes only to register voters. Uh, it's basically bribing people to register to vote, which is punishable by up to five years in prison. But yeah, I wonder and Elon Musk is really going to go to prison.
Speaker 1: Well it's funny because you know, like there was that clip when he was on Tucker Carlson, like he was talking with Tucker Carlson and he's like, oh my god, if Kamala wins, like I'm fucked. Yeah yeah, and that well some people he's like he's like, I'm going to go to jail or whatever. Like I don't know, maybe I don't know if all dreams can happen for everyone so quickly, but I think it does show that he understands that he will he can only flourish under someone like a like a Trump in office versus other people who are like maybe actually looking at what he's doing, his illegal behavior all of that. Yeah, because like this is even if it's like giving it away for the like what they call like a lottery chance at winning something that is still considered like up completely beyond the pale.
Speaker 3: Right now, Like sweepstakes are generally like legally fraught. Like so yeah, I feel like they're just hiding behind that. But I just hope he has good legal representation because man, this could be bad for him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I hope it's a good legal representation because you know this d o J.
Speaker 2: Is going to do something about it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like that's the part I'm really thinking about it is like, is will anything come of this?
Speaker 2: Like everyone is pointing to like statutes.
Speaker 1: I mean like this is clearly violating that, and it's like I don't know, man, maybe I'll do with it after depends on who's president.
Speaker 2: Sorry, folks, it's I'm just trying to get We're just trying to get to election day.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of tables. Man, look at these cuttlefish. Uh, it's interesting. So I was listening to an episode of on the Media. They were pointing out that the five biggest individual donors in this election cycle gave to conservative causes, which is the first time that's ever happened, which I assume I would have assumed that would happen all the time. But if you think about like Elon Musk probably eight years ago, was not like an out and out like right wing character like it, it feels like things are accelerating in the direction of like a class war being waged by like the billionaire class on the rest of us that like it's just it's happened.
Speaker 2: We've just accepted it as like, yeah, of course that's happened. Yeah, of course that's what they'll do. But and yeah, yeah, like I don't know.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of the Business Plot, where like the richest people in America tried to overthrow the government and install a fascist military dictator like during FDR's administration.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. And it feels like as we.
Speaker 3: Get closer and closer to like the possibility of outright fascism and authoritarianism with Trump, like the billionaires, the richest people in the country are like stepping.
Speaker 2: Up and being like, yeah, I mean, of course, please protect my money.
Speaker 1: I mean, because everyone's like coming out of the fucking crypt the whole crypto industry also just being like sorry, folks, yeah, we kind of we need this to work for us, and here's all this money to sway it. And it's it's also interesting too, like America pack his pack like it was also yeah, Elon Musk's pack was just all these other top huge MAGA donors could just dump their own money into it. Musk has given seventy five million to this committee so far. But the other thing that is really interesting. A lot of people have talked about how the Trump campaign has been really bad with like their ground game, like they are not really doing any kind of real the proper voter turnout kind of initiatives that you'd see most presidential campaigns, or they're like or they're emphasizing some places at the total expense of other really competitive states. And in this article is saying America Back has formed a crucial part of the Trump campaign's ground game and is running major canvassing and get out the vote initiatives in swing states that could impact the election, including Pennsylvania. So it's almost like Elon was seeing, or these other donors are seeing like, oh, man, like we can't just give him money, like we actually need to like help in these other ways to actually help turn votes out. And yeah, so now you do is you you have to vow to vote for the first and second Amendment. That's how they're coding it to be like you're going to vote for Trump. But hey, Kamala has a glock, so you know you should still take the money. You can still take the money, you know, or do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she like it feels like the wealthies hold over our political process was more of a you know, discussion point in twenty twenty and more even more of one in twenty sixteen. But it just feels like we're getting to a place where, yeah, the wealthy just have After Citizens United, this was kind of inevitable. The more money they have, the more they're able to wield power. The more power they wield, the more money they're able to steal, you.
Speaker 2: Know, by evading taxes.
Speaker 3: And it's just like we're over a decade into this vicious cycle and they're on the verge of like having a legitimate shot at installing a dictator, which is like if you just look at the extremely wealthy in America as like a continuous like organism from early twentieth century like Gilded Age like up to today, like that's kind of what they've always wanted, right, And then like Trump. Trump had a meeting with fossil fuel executives where he was like, get me a billion dollars and I'll get you whatever you need.
Speaker 2: I think that's a direct.
Speaker 3: Get me a billion and I'll get you whatever you need right to quote.
Speaker 1: And they're even like, grow dude, we don't even we don't even say it like that, man, but thanks, well, we'll think about it. The other thing is like you know, as we see this like aging Trump, you hear more and more rumblings about like what the actual administration maybe or not be, which is does Trump even have the energy? Like he's falling asleep at shit already, right, he has no energy. He's canceling all these fucking events. And you see someone like JD. Vance, who is like handpicked by the Silicon Valley donor class, and they're kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, here, here, my hare might be the thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe if they win, you can pardoned the Trump like he'll he'll resign and then you're president and then you can pardon him and then we have a much younger, willing and able bodied person to to really to really fuck things up.
Speaker 3: So well, yeah, I mean I think they just like haul him out as long as he's alive, you know, they're just going to do what they did with Reagan, you know, like Reagan. Reagan's second uh ah, said Semester. Reagan's second administration, second term was like he didn't he was like invisible, Like he was behind the scenes for most of it because they were hiding him because he was declining. But he was able to get a lot of damage done, you know, despite the fact that even from the start he was like, don't give me briefings that are more than a paragraph.
Speaker 2: You know. He was just like I'll kind of leave it up to everybody else.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just I don't know, like they're they're there is a hopefulness in the sense of, like it doesn't have to be like this. There there's such a clear problem with like the power that the wealthy wheeled over the system. But it's just like during the Civil War there was no tax on income like that that was the thing that like people had to fight for. So like there are these instances of like progress that have been made, these battles that are won by working class people over like billionaires, but they just kind of get written out of the historical record and instead, you know, we name buildings after the billionaires that were fighting against that.
Speaker 1: It's just so much easier for like American discourse to be like, well, what's wrong with these poor people?
Speaker 2: And why are they on drugs? And to be like, how come like.
Speaker 1: There there's like eight people who's if you combined all their wealth, they have more wealth than fucking everybody, like half the planet or some shit, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like that, The conversations need to be around that.
Speaker 1: But again, class consciousness in this country is not easy to come by these days, especially now when you have people like you know, Elon Musk sort of being like, no, I'm like you dude, like hang out with me and help me and do what do as I say, And that's how we'll have a better tomorrow, right, will we?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Jeff Bezos barely paid taxes and got a four thousand dollars tax credit that was aimed at helping parents who are struggling check to check. Like, that's that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: Who is his accountant? Can I get a deal like that?
Speaker 3: He has like an entire massive company's worth of accountants like working NonStop to pull shit like that off.
Speaker 2: But look, I pay five million to save three billion. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's an episode of the podcast search Engine where they like interview this pro public reporter who leaked like a rogue IRIS agent leaked them all of the text documents of like the top five hundred wealthiest people in the country.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 3: And yet it's just horrible, like transparent abuses of power, abuses of the system that should be enraging, but because they're you know, we have a pro wealth, pro capital mainstream media, so like those things just kind of get washed through and yeah, yeah, so it's a bomber, but it is a problem that we have that could be solved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean at least we have an American Psycho remake that we can look forward to or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about this story. It's so there's rumors that Luca, why didn't you know is working? That's the guy made like call me by your name and challengers and whose name I'm probably pronounced. I can't call you by your name because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know how to pronounce it guad.
Speaker 3: He so apparently is in talks to remake American Psycho, although the studio is stressing that this is a new adaptation of the book by Brett Easton ellis not a remake of Mary Heron's film starring Christian Bale, which is a classic. That is probably the movie that I've seen the most. People just missed the point of so so drastically.
Speaker 1: Be like, dude, Patrick Bateman is so fucking dope. Dude, that's isn't that that's the name of character.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Patrick Bateman?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like I know people who I reme in the beginning like dude, this guy's fuck, this guy's a machine.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, I don't that's not what this is about. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I ended up at one point in college like with a you know, lacrosse player at his place and he was showing me that and being like, dude, so sick, right, like this guy, Oh, I fucking love this part and just like the weirdest, the weirdest taste in that movie, in particular, the weird they're like I got.
Speaker 1: Into Genesis because of this guy exactly. You're like, oh boy, no, no, no, no, no, the.
Speaker 3: Book has some really funny parts, like where Patrick Babin like write the long, deeply thought out reviews of band like Genesis and all these things that I don't know. I feel like the first movie adaptation like really nailed it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't see the need for this. But Jack, we're in the age of grinse and repeat and ring it out for as much fucking money as possible even if it makes no sense, and potentially have already done it before.
Speaker 3: And he's a good filmmaker, so I have to assume like he sees something in there that's worth taking another pass at. But so the big controversy is that there are rumors started by a single post on Twitter, so that.
Speaker 1: I think we should take that with a Trump McDonald's fries amount.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Apparently they're going to gender swap the lead role. Get ready for Patricia Stateman. Guys, shit, I don't know this. This story just like makes me want to go to sleep for three years.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also funny because, like for all the tokook, this is a reimagining. It's like there was an American psycho to gender swap.
Speaker 3: Boogaloo Yeah Girls starring Yeah and Bill Shatner, William Shatner straight.
Speaker 2: The video, y'all exactly. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I was just reading too about like an article about hows like how Hollywood has joined the book club, and like again it's like this is the new place that studios are just farming for, I like, just trawling the IPCs for new stuff that they can do rather than you know, pay people for new ideas.
Speaker 2: It's like, can we option this book? Can we option this? Can we option that?
Speaker 1: Because it's all very still, very shaky right now in Hollywood. Got to say, not a lot happening.
Speaker 2: Compared to pre strikes. So quiet. Yeah, it's it's eerily quiet.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, like I know people who are fully changing careers now, like had fantastic careers writing comedy and now are considering like completely other different professions and are actively like moving towards that, like taking.
Speaker 2: Out I'm a farmer now.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, like truly, it's like I don't know, like I can't. There's no way you can depend on this anymore. And it's true, it's like really it's really really bad, and I feel like what's going to happen is the lack of work is just going to kind of reduce the industry to like those who can like just weather the storm and then when it picks back up, maybe they will begin to start working again.
Speaker 3: But it's people with generational wealth, so it'll just get Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's all the trust fund writers and yeah director type people out there who will be fine, and the others will be forced to completely rethink their careers.
Speaker 3: They'll have some interesting takes on how to fix America's political system, I bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get your blue shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will hockey y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite bite,