Speaker 1: Every day, up week, click your ass up the Breakfast Club finish for y'all.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the World's more Dangerous Morning to Show the Breakfast Club. Charlamagne and the God Jets hilarious. DJ NV's around here somewhere, but we got a special guests in the building. He's got a new Netflix special call super funny. Nate Jackson is here. How you doing, my brothers, I'm doing good. Don't come don't look over here and get grid in and smiling looking for material.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we see going all. This is my first time on Breakfast Club. I'm like, yo, that's crazy. He just y, it's happening. That's what I'm on.
Speaker 3: What's up man?
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good? Man, think it's going crazy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Thank you so much. I love that. I love to see what we like us we get specials.
Speaker 2: You proud of me? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: I watched the video with the flickering and you came down the hall, went in and disappeared in the chair.
Speaker 2: I was like, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: For the people who don't know or who may not be familiar.
Speaker 2: Who is Nate jacks Uh?
Speaker 5: I guess t I dubb me the king of crowd work. I'm an entrepreneur on the biggest black on comedy club in the country.
Speaker 6: Super Funny Comedy Club.
Speaker 2: There you go in to Coma Washington.
Speaker 5: I'm a guy that got it out the mud from the very bottom and scraped my way up to Netflix special that was in the top ten and peaked at number three and did extremely well for the platform. And uh, there's a lot coming. There's TV shows, there's movies, and so I'm excited. That's who I am. I mean, I'm I'm your excited, huggable gangster cousin, one of.
Speaker 1: The people that probably don't you know, might have thought you came out of know it like you got the Super Funny Comedy Club in twenty twenty one, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Basically we were building it and then the news was saying that COVID was cold.
Speaker 2: Was coming, which is which is, which is.
Speaker 5: It's hard enough to build a place, let alone watch the news and be like, I don't think it's gonna come over. I don't think it's gonna If you remember, Seattle's were first touchdown to the United States as soon as it was like I think it was Everett Washington or something.
Speaker 2: It was like two hours north. I was like, oh, this is a rap, So that might have been a blessing.
Speaker 6: Then if you do some PvP loans.
Speaker 5: No, because you had to be open for like a year to get the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had no help like everybody else. Man, I tried. I tried to create.
Speaker 5: I was a I was I have a auto detailed business. I have grooming business. I cleaned shoes. I was coming up with everything.
Speaker 2: All of them are like.
Speaker 5: Nothing was working. So now we just fought on our own. We just fought it, you know what I'm saying, and survived. And so we were at the first location for five years. Now we're at a brand new location downtown on the Marriotte Block from Tacoma.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: But it's it's it's that's it, like this is this is it from my city. We're in the most peak spot, best location he could be. And now it's like we're thriving like crazy.
Speaker 1: Would you a veteran, No, you've been doing comedy for like twenty twenty six years, twenty somewhere between twenty three and twenty four, OK, Yeah, Yeah, for sure, I've been.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying I've been at it for an you know what, we've met before, and it's worked for me. Talking about for a second, Charla Maine. So, I was working with Jesse Collins Entertainment as a crowd warm up and they did this show.
Speaker 2: Hip Hop Hollywood Squares.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Jess was the square and DC was the square and other like cast members from Wilding Out and stuff for Squares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, OK, And I really wanted.
Speaker 5: To be in a square, like when soundstage would be empty, I'd be sitting in a square and like to the point where they like overheadsets like that was like Nate Jackson out of the square, like just total rejection, Like yeah, like this is for stars entertained the crowd, which is mad humbling, right, Like I've been one of the bay, all the accolades and stuff, and I'm looking at who my peers are and I'm like, I've I've can you cuss on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like I fuck with all of them, but them can't get a square.
Speaker 5: Let me get just like one of them shitty episodes like episode fourteen out of fifteen that y'all done through to this, the low budget one.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Man, they put me out the chair.
Speaker 5: So we were on a break in between two segments, and I was so upset this day. Man, you had one of them days where you're like, man, fuck all this. Yeah, that's what I was on. And uh, Tip was like in the top left square and I had met, we had met before, and he told me to He was like play.
Speaker 2: Uh you want me to play juvenile degree? He was like, so I played. I remember the day now. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So he was up there sod in the breaker were like come in, you know, and so Tip was like doing that. And then I came down and you you were either on the bottom ente or the left, but you were right there, and uh you were like, yo, you're killing it. I was like, excuse me, and you were like I fucked with like the I can't exactly what you said, but you were like, I fuck with like you know, the crowd work guys, with the little guy, because I was the little guy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I came up under windy and I grinded. I got it out the mud. So when I see y'all watch, I was like, nigga, you don't even know what that did for me that day. Wow, oh mama, And I'm just telling you the little things like that. I was like, you know what, let me just play my role, let me do my ship, and let me just you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But that was actually that was heavy that day.
Speaker 1: I remember that day because whenfore the degrees came on, all of us that's from the south started rapping it like everybody didn't talk.
Speaker 6: That was a great day.
Speaker 5: Nine on TV about that, and I looked up in all nine squares in rock.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, and.
Speaker 6: I remember you doing the crowd work, but I remember being a little bit bigger.
Speaker 4: Okay, breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Because we're trying to lose weight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I went, I went fruit and veggie raw at the May first, and I lost thirty eight point five pounds. So I'm just like melting and so now I'm like trying to introduce, you know, some white meats back and whatever, just because I was like, man, there's too much chicken.
Speaker 2: Going to buy. Everybody like were eating with you.
Speaker 5: So I basically just eat around the outside of the grocery store and stay off the middle.
Speaker 2: And so I've just been melting away a scare. Was it a scale or you just wanted to get healthy or the reason why I want to see where my dick connect to my body. Okay, that makes sense. Yeah, I have a joke about it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I can see the first seven inches, but that first five I can't see that part.
Speaker 2: So that's a joke. But no, I just wanted to lose some weight. Man I had. We lost, Teddy Ray, we lost.
Speaker 6: I were laughing at that. Now I'm laughing. I'm still having the big jokes.
Speaker 2: They did the math.
Speaker 7: To the anyway half but recipe.
Speaker 8: But you know what I noticed in your special you talk about it a lot, your weight and eating, and you got a lot of food jokes or whatever.
Speaker 2: You had it like four minutes of to just break the ice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, well that's what we're gonna take for the for the national clip. That's gonna be your trailer.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, so now, okay, what about all the other stuff I said?
Speaker 3: But how does it impact now?
Speaker 8: Because now you you know, you lost lost a lot of weighting and I guess and you're still coming down, right, So how does that affect your comedy now?
Speaker 3: Like you're still doing the food jokes?
Speaker 5: You can I mean, it's not I don't have I had food jokes, but it was more about weight lost jokes and temptation and you can have that at anyway, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, Like it was it was crafted or I was like, I think I'm losing weight, but I can still get these jokes off, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But at the end of it, I write a lot, and that's what that's what That's what the crowd work, and you're writing on the spot, So just.
Speaker 2: Switch it up.
Speaker 7: Is there anything that you stay away from, like, you know, because I feel like the world is so sensitive now, Like you say one thing, you know we're gonna cancel you it that you stay away from.
Speaker 2: It, you be like, fuck it. I kind of am with everything, but I will I will tread lightly.
Speaker 5: Around, uh, you know, some politics stuff because it's they've just been so it's so magnetized, you know that at a point people are like, I don't even care what he's talk about no more, because.
Speaker 2: He's not He's obviously not. You know.
Speaker 5: I'm like, man, just chill out. I want everybody to laugh first, right. That's that's why it's called super funny. I wasn't That's the theme of the show love, love hard, eat good, and laugh, laugh to your fullest.
Speaker 2: So that's the thing. That's what that's what it is.
Speaker 7: I say, do you think people miss the funny and things because they want to cancel you? They are looking for something to be hurt or affected by? Because I remember one time you just laughed. It wasn't It could be a black joke, a white joke, a gay joke, a stranger. It didn't matter if it was funny, it was funny. But now I feel like people look for something to be like, I'm gonna cancel you off that word right there?
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, depend on the word but yeah, or the term or the joke.
Speaker 5: I think it depends on how you saying it right, Like what I can what I can stand the least is when a comic takes the time to craft a beautiful joke, and I mean a beautiful joke.
Speaker 2: Where it like meanders and then you get hit.
Speaker 5: With the punch and then you still be like, but the topic was stead of that, Hey man, chill out, that's a good ass joke. Also, I think we're shifting back some and I don't want to say it on a platform so big that people are.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, you think we won't cancel you too. I don't need that smoke.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying I think there's been a shift since maybe twenty nineteen, twenty twenty saying. And so there's been some pushback people like Schultz and people like Chappelle that are like, I'm man, fuck all that comedy first, then we'll talk about what's next.
Speaker 8: That's the key to that though, right, Like, if you are gonna say anything that's gonna be even a little bit controversy, it has to be funny fun so people can't be worried. It gotta be so funny to the point where they only want cancel you.
Speaker 2: Man, that is funny. R. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I had a joke about a Vietnamese car dealer and it don't sounds ridiculous. I'm from Tacoma, watch and we kick it with the Vietnamese, Cambodians and Moons, black people, we all, everyone's all, we all mixing. So when you go gamble, the dealer gonna be Vietnamese. And they were teaching me words and so I started picking up on the dillect to be like do my and stuff like that. So I had this joke of that that means fuck you, and so I picked.
Speaker 2: Up on that this.
Speaker 5: Is uh Uma is fuck you, and dou Miama is fuck your mama, and then uh uh. The Cambodians they be like they ow my something like that, and that means like pussy ass. So they said that a lot, and I just start hearing it, not knowing what it was. I'm like, why y'all keep saying, do ma, what is doma? And they're like, oh, yeah, me fuck you. I'm like, what the fuck. So I wrote a joke about how I had found out, but I put it after I hit a jackpot. So basically she was calling me bow bow, which was my interpretation of her saying nigga to my face.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know.
Speaker 5: So I slowly revealed that they've been being racist to me, and then I get her some get back the dealer and I say she acts black, so she I said, well, okay, you act black then, and she's like, I don't know my father. I'm like, bitch, that's.
Speaker 2: You want to sound. Don't try. She's about to come in like.
Speaker 6: Stop that triggered her.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man.
Speaker 1: I was watching one of your specials before one of your CrowdWork specialist man. There was a fat dude in the crowd. The fat dude named Big Mac that do security. I don't know if you remember, but the dude was like he said something to you and you was like, don't get mad at me.
Speaker 6: I'm not the one who fed you.
Speaker 5: Me In the comments like pot calling the kettle black, I'm like, nah, that's a little pot called a big But the point of the Vietnamese joke was that same joke. JFL was like, we can't have you up here because you're saying that joke.
Speaker 4: Did you listen to right?
Speaker 5: So I just got back from that, came straight from Montreal here to I had my own show. I had like I did Variety top ten. Yes, I got that this year and so. But but it brings it full circle to be like you almost. I was like, I should I should do the joke, you know what I'm saying. But they showed me so much love. I was like, you know what, I'm not gonna be bitter. I can't say if it's funny.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: If I just came out like vietname sound crazy and I just start cussing like him like that, that is you overstepping. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But now, and that's what my pet. People like, if somebody, if you can you can hear the intellect and the joke and the setup and be like, oh, that was a good misdirection to hear that, be like, nah, it's like how some older black people like I didn't even have fun because he cussed fourteen times.
Speaker 2: He's in there counting exactly. Man, that's a sort of show.
Speaker 6: Yes, listen to give people the story.
Speaker 1: So you went from doing the warm up, warming up the crowd at the hip hop square, but I know you ended up.
Speaker 6: On a while and now like, how did all of those stuff things happen?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Uh, that that's not my start. My start.
Speaker 5: I just got dared to do comedy while I was in college and I went on stage and I was like, oh, this was kind of good, and so I stuck with it, and then I moved immediately to LA and I was there for like six years, and then I was like I need to go home and stack some bread. So I started like twelve shows and then I combined into one show and it was like the biggest show. It was like Thursday Night was like four hundred and twenty people for like eight years. It was massive and in Tacoma, Yeah, downtown Tacoma. And if it's really like eighty people every Thursday in case, I RS is listening.
Speaker 2: So it was like it was hella.
Speaker 5: But then I stacked and came back, and so then different opportunities started to kind of come together, and so I had an opportunity to work with Jesse Collins Entertainment, and that's how I did the crowd work. And I think it was just a plug from Dray because you know, I do Monday nights at the Improv and shout out to Dray and so.
Speaker 2: That's how I got into that. But the way.
Speaker 5: Hollywood, man, you'll have a day where you're like, yo, I made it. You'll be stay in on a table, fist pumping the air between Tony Rock and Chris Rock like you know what I'm saying, Like it would feel like a million bucks. And then the next day you're like, damn, I gotta perform in this dungeon. It's not it's not it's up there, but you gotta do it all. And so you know that, that's essentially why I was where I was. I was like, man, I just can't get a damn. I got wilding out. Bet I do four episodes now, says I look old. I'm like, nigga, Corey Holkom is.
Speaker 2: Here, how no shame, no shame.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, don't sell old nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I waited to get on the show for six years. Yeah, old, Now give me a part of my hair. Let me rock. And then every game was rapping. I'm like, nigga, we can't just do no old nigga. They would have a game all right, this is what we're gonna do. You're gonna roast this thing.
Speaker 5: We're like got promise, like yo, yeah, Nick in the corner, like you know what he needs bars like get off the way, trying to clips man.
Speaker 2: He come just go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm like, that's not my bagnigg I'll learn it, but that ain't my bag.
Speaker 6: You only did four episodes a while out, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: They were big ones though.
Speaker 5: They were big ones though, like I did Erkabaddu episode. We did because I can sing too. So we did the Revenge of Tyrone where she did the follow up to call Tyrone, and then I did the Travis Scott episode, and then I did the one where the dude had hell of kids.
Speaker 2: But then he said, we can't talk about the.
Speaker 5: Kids, Nick Kenny, No, No, there was somebody more, I think Cromarty Antonio. Yeah, that's all we want to talk about, Like you got a million kids? He was like, anything but the kids. We're like, well, then go home, because yeah, so I did some good you know what I'm saying, And so I'll like that, you know what. I think the reason I only got the four and I'd like to say this on this platform. On the Ericabad episode, she came and she was like, yo, let me meet the people. I'm gonna be on the episode with it. And the eighty five South guys all stood around on the sound stage with now and she's like, here's what I think we should do. And I all ran down the games. Here's what we're gonna do. Freestyle from there, She's like, Okay, I'm going to my dressing room. I want I want one of the brighter ones to come with me. Now I'm standing up there with one episode under my belt. She's like, you, what's your name? I'm like, Nate Jackson. She's like, you you telling me what's going on here? And now I was like. I was like, hey, Carlos, can you come with me? Grab Carlos, we go down. She's like, there's gonna be a part where I go down to my knee and I'm singing real hard. I want you to put my jacket on me, like James Brown. I'm gonna throw it off and come back like a phoenix and I'm gonna kill it. I'm like, bet that part of the show happens. I walk out, I put the thing on her. Everything happens as planned. After it's over, exacs come up and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, who the fuck told you to walk out? Sorry? What? Wow? Air Cab, I do that? Erbadu told you to walk out? Yeah, she said, throw the thing on her. Why do you what you thought?
Speaker 5: I just over just came out the I know I'm barely welcome here, nigga. Why would I put Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mess up your milling million dollar a moment. You know what I'm saying. And so that's what it was, like, I was on ice, but it only takes.
Speaker 6: The So even if you did do that and it worked.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, think you put put the other hat on exact you put your bag in the air can being on an episode and come one of your little niggas doing anything in the.
Speaker 3: Frame that she asked to do that specifically.
Speaker 2: And I even remember being like somebody was next to me. I was like, actually, take to throw the thing.
Speaker 5: You want to go out and they were like, no, man, I don't want to go. I'm like, okay, Well she asked like I'm not gonna. I don't want to not do it. Then after she's like, where was the nigga with that? I was waiting, man, when nigga niggas like batman nigga? You see Nick there and then motherfuckers then just smoke hello Nick one the last time you see niggaja playing cards on the internet, I'm not seeing that.
Speaker 2: He was just in the garage doing upside down set ups. You don't never see Nick. You got too many shows. It was shooting six shows. I could not believe. Bro.
Speaker 5: He shot like a vlog, a Diesus and Meryl thing. He shot walling out, then he went to a g T then he shot a car show.
Speaker 2: Then I was like, this is tired. Now. See Nick, when.
Speaker 7: With the successor of social media for you, how did that affect? Did that happen because you planned it out or were people just taking clips and you were just like, what the is going on?
Speaker 5: No, man, I've been grinding for a minute. And so that's what I was saying when I had the Thursday Night.
Speaker 2: For so many years, you could come to the Pacific Northwest and be like.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's a guy out there that got the sauce right, And so what happens a lot of times if somebody's further in their career than you, they'd be like, let me just get a little bit of that and take that with me. So there was a lot of my recipe out ahead of me before I had the exposure.
Speaker 7: They're stealing your stuff, you know, they were stealing your stuff.
Speaker 5: A man, I don't want to call nobody no thief without them here to defend themselves, you know what I'm saying. And also to be choked or whatever happens after that. They don't have to There's ways to catch people. All I had to do was wait, be patient, work hard. Like you said, the Netflix special speaks for itself. It's like watching Elvis for years and then you see the dude who showed them the legs, like them that nigga got the legs. You know what I'm saying so uh that that made me forget the damn Yeah. So one of the homies, not one of homies. Several people like Matt Rife, Roy Wood and Rodney Perry. They're all like and shout out to Rodney Perry, but they're like, yo, you need to get on get on TikTok. And I was like, I'm exhausted right now. I am not getting another app, you know how that right? And get on get on the boom boom like I'm not getting on doogle boom boom nigga, Like I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with my I g set up my Facebook. Shit cool, I'm not hiring a nigga to put me on doodle boom bloo me. And that's how it sound.
Speaker 5: We first here because it's always a something you on the t app Right now, they got my house address and.
Speaker 2: My damn.
Speaker 1: That I know, not that I know unless somebody ate Jackson on the t app.
Speaker 9: Man, I'm not on there. Sorry, this is a tough room.
Speaker 2: Post post him on there. Maybe they'll tell you where he is.
Speaker 5: Shigeah, okay, okay, I wasn't dancing on that guy. But no, I said, I don't want to do another app, and so I got on reluctantly. I got on TikTok, and I don't know if it's still exactly like this, but at the time, like people were willing to actually follow because people's ig be set up at somebody gotta really somebody gotta you gotta see twelve good things from somebody, be like, you know what, I'm gonna give you a fun Like on TikTok, it just felt like, Hi, I follow, you know what I'm saying, So it jumped for It jumped from me like from zero to like twenty five thousand, and like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I'd say, a month, what was you posting this CrowdWork?
Speaker 5: No, I was posting anything, but I didn't want to show understand up you know what I'm saying. And plus I was like I was trying to shoot it and I would shoot good and then the sound be fucked up where the sound be good and then the shot be fucked up. Then I just committed to it and got the system down at my own club and then I was like, Okay, now I can consistently do stuff. But at the time there was no apps for captioning or AI, so you had to actually sit there and transcribe yourself. It took three four hours to do a two minute video, and so I was like, I'm exhausted doing this shit.
Speaker 2: No, this is free.
Speaker 5: But I could look on the app and see like other people exploding, where I'm like, okay, if I post my shit, because I already know I'm great at that, if that worked, if that clip I just saw work and I know what I'm holding.
Speaker 2: If I could just post this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so it just started to catch, and so it kept catching and kept catching and kept catching. So now we're at four point five maybe four point six million or something.
Speaker 1: You think that era is dead because I feel like there was a moment where it was like the you and the Matt Rice and the Andrews Shoulzes that was just putting their comedy up and it just took off of them.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it was COVID because everybody was sitting there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was, but something just caused comedians to take off because of social media.
Speaker 5: It wasn't It wasn't COVID. For me, I was trying to save my club, that wasn't it. I didn't get to post until like right after I was like I can finally open and get situated. No, I don't think it's I don't think that's over. I think people's interest to be entertained is I would say it's limitless. They say during the Great Depression when everybody broke, the last thing people spent money on was going to theaters and stuff like if I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna go out having fun. So no, I don't think I think it's an insation. But doesn't it feel like it like, no matter how much content you make, there's somebody.
Speaker 2: To receive it, and they're gonna get me more.
Speaker 5: So No, I feel like it just be consistent and be good and be good consistently, and I think people find you, Like people just need to use the internet as a time the show, and that's it.
Speaker 1: What's had more impact on your career the YouTube crowd work stuff or the Netflix special?
Speaker 5: That's not fair because Netflix has only been on since the eighth gotcha, But I know I've I've had my because when you do a special, you get to have a conversation at I think ten days and then another one at twenty eight days. About the numbers other than that you guys know, Netflix don't share no numbers, like yeah, and so my first conversation with them it was it did massive, like it it's like double platinum, like it did.
Speaker 2: Really good on the platform.
Speaker 5: And I'm getting stopped by people in the airports and that was happening before. So I'm trying to gauge, like, so where you see me from where you see and they won't admit, like everybody want to be I've been following since smiling out, like what episode, nigga, Nobody want to say that. I mean, I saw you last night, and I mean I called it super funny, like my trademark comedy club name and brand, so that even if you didn't know me, you go super funny show me right and it's it's going crazy right now. So if you want to laugh, go watch that. But I got to show that it's not just CrowdWork. I got to show you know, twenty four years of chops or whatever. And so you see it all you see if you watch a stand a standalone clip, you're assuming that that's that. But the real epiphany is like, wait, all that's one show. All that strings together, all that somehow and standing and he's doing some singings and it like, so I wanted to just give everything in my in my toolbox and throw it out there. And we caught it. And it's risky. It's risky doing crowd work on a you know, adapts. It was two hundred and forty six thousand dollars and I'm gonna go up and I don't know what I'm gonna say. But you get comic View and they're like, we want your jokes and paragraph form. You know, every single word you gotta you gotta write down your little five minutes and send it in and they approve it. But for this chord over quarter million dollars, I'm like, man, just press record, Nigg're.
Speaker 2: Gonna see what happens. And we caught it.
Speaker 5: But it was risky, and it's risky every time you do it because you in charge of your set and then and you're going a certain cadence and then you slow down to be like, so tell me something about you else, and now they are then in fuck the whole groove of you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so but I went for it, and and what you see on on Netflix, we caught it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, How did that? How did that come about?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 3: How did how did Netflix end up the place?
Speaker 5: So let me answer that for sure, because I'm crazy about that answer. But then on the other side of the coin is what I can control is the crowd work joints. I walk out, It's first Wednesdays at my club, one or two shows, and I'm and the challenge was, you can only talk about what's in front of you or what you've seen that day, and I gotta do an hour. So I go up with nothing and I come off. And so there's twenty four of those now, and every one is somewhere around one point five to two point five million views. And so it's the only place where I explained like the rules that I do when I say so. When I'm in live shows in theaters and I start saying the rule, they're finishing my sentences. So I think the crowd work joints is what got me to the point that the Netflix special was possible to then go boom on this platform where everybody goes this is this is where you put your your best shit and I and I did so Now people are like, oh, I thought he was just a tiktak guy.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked Netflix did that though, I mean because based off watching your specialis I'm shocked that they chose to invest in something like that.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, what is it gonna be an hour just CrowdWork? Even though the crowd work is funny as shit.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't know. It was a licensing deal, got you.
Speaker 5: I had a licensing deal and I've done they I've had to present my comedy to Netflix or somebody like Netflix or Netflix associated in that sphere, whether it was just CrowdWork, whether it was.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But then if you're not sure if the crowdwork's gonna work, well, but the person has twenty I think nineteen hours of it at that point, nineteen hours of crowd work and and them missing, Like okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when you.
Speaker 1: Called that couple Seal and Heidi Boom boom?
Speaker 2: Sometimes God just give you one.
Speaker 9: You're like, oh.
Speaker 6: How y'all meet? She was like, well, I was.
Speaker 1: I was dating somebody he knew, and she was dating somebody I knew, and both of them.
Speaker 6: Went to jail. I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But it was a it was a brother that looked like Seal and a big white girl with I think corn rolls or something.
Speaker 2: I was like, boom.
Speaker 5: But so to answer your question, you basically said why Netflix. So it's it's simple for me. But like, so my mama getting older and she has an office downstairs at our house in Lady, Washington, and she got to go down these steps to go down in this cold ass basement, turn on the area heater to get on Netflix or to get on any streaming platform.
Speaker 2: But Netflix came on their old.
Speaker 5: Ass smart TV, which's dumb now, but that was the one.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's a smart TV NETLI.
Speaker 5: Built in, so she will watch Netflix and from the comfort of the couch, fireplace and all that. So for me, I was like, this is how my mama gonna see.
Speaker 2: Me and be comfortab Yeah. Oh wow wow.
Speaker 5: So you play it with all the other stuff you know about Netflix, and it kind of makes sense. But if they're not gonna give me a deal, it's like I gotta go to wherever. But that's why I was like, I could just stick it on YouTube with the CrowdWork joints, where there's now seven hundred and fifty thousand people. I think that would land well, but let's see if we can get traction with them, because just literally I was on calls with agency, They're like, where do you what platform?
Speaker 2: I'm like, Netflix, why my mama can't watch this ship down?
Speaker 5: Stick like I need her in the living room, being like my baby did it? I need that and we and that's what we did.
Speaker 1: Gary about to write that down. He's gonna try to use that to get his Netflix special final. You know, Gary can't get a Netflix special for nothing.
Speaker 2: No podcast got it's called Gary and Nate.
Speaker 6: I did not know that Gary had a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got uh what just is called Gary on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I got my own funny and ship you had definitely special? How did you break the news the gay?
Speaker 2: Right after he told me that they turned him down?
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 5: But I didn't mean to say it that way though, Like he was like, here, man, I'm waiting to find out about Netflix.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I had already knew, like I might be riding.
Speaker 5: In third on mine, and so I just had to sit there and he told me the whole thing, like yeah, man, I'm ready for it to get on there. Man, I don't know what it's about. And I was like, man, maybe you know, just keep talking along.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 6: You didn't want to give me good news yet I had to wait.
Speaker 2: I had to wait till like.
Speaker 5: The moment of like, yeah, you want to hear something, crazy man, but you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't go.
Speaker 5: You can't ask stupid, you can't tell nobody, you can't say, you can't ask stupid.
Speaker 2: He was like, what you got? What you got? And I was like, yeah, your Netflix gave me mine. He was like, that's what's up.
Speaker 5: I support that, but no, so he deserves one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: On the podcast, you said, Gary be taking your staff?
Speaker 2: Where do you see that? At your podcast?
Speaker 5: We talked about it live, so you saw us come to a resolution and you want to go back to when it was.
Speaker 2: Fucked up and start.
Speaker 6: We start from the resolution.
Speaker 2: I'll precede this with working. But what happened with Gary taking this stof.
Speaker 5: This is the thing and it's my nature to want to see those around me do well.
Speaker 2: And I had to have.
Speaker 5: A full on epiphany in twenty twelve to be like stop helping another niggas help yourself. Because I was putting so much into other people's dreams. I was like, I'm tired. I ain't even do nothing for myself for that Jesus, And it's good to have a balance. But I had lost mind just trying to like I want to see I'm helping I'm helping out Like at a point I was helping young black Hollywood thrive. And then the other thing that would suck is they would get on and then everybody got amnesia who helped you? And I'm like, here we go, here go to credits. Here I go, here, I go. Dang, this nigga doesn't win. He done popped and forgot you boy. And that's another reason. That's another reason why I feel some kind of way because the Netflix credits aren't right, like we got to update them. They forgot like right, and my guy, Trenton Cotton is not and he was like, yeah, I know, I know, I'm in a whole thing goes by. He ain't, so shout out to teacap.
Speaker 3: But they are going to fix that, you said.
Speaker 2: Then they can update. Yeah. So anyway, Gary would come up to the club.
Speaker 5: He did a weekend and the weekend was great, and I asked him to do my podcast and we had a great episode and then it was just it was just synergized to where it was like, Yo, we should probably do something, and then it turned into like the Gary and Nate pod and then the crowd work joints that I was putting out where I'm putting out once a month or whatever, Like somebody sent me and was like, yo, Gary got these things he's doing once a month.
Speaker 2: Now, and I was like, well, I said, Gary did what?
Speaker 5: So I didn't say nothing. I just sat on because we were only filming once a month.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing Gary do more CrowdWork. I'm not I'm not even joking.
Speaker 2: Crowd work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you'll see it and it just pops up right. Yeah, white people always.
Speaker 2: Do that to us. So good for Gary Man.
Speaker 5: I love that he's attraction because Gary's hella funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we love Gary Man. This story, I'm gonna be honest, not know y'all had a pun. I just subscribed to it. You'll only started in November though it.
Speaker 2: Was also done.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do one more episode explaining that is over.
Speaker 2: We're done. What can't four episodes and that's hello, it's over now.
Speaker 6: I just subscribed. Look, I literally just.
Speaker 2: The same button.
Speaker 6: Finish the story.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to opinionated Charlotte Man.
Speaker 5: That's my podcast, subscribed to Opinionate that subscribed to get story, subscribe to get sure you subscribed to.
Speaker 2: Get something, and then opinionated.
Speaker 5: His mind described, it's enough out here for all of us to get it.
Speaker 4: Finish your story.
Speaker 2: It's not even a full story. Damn v envy, envy. Just being the henny, that's what you do. He's just poked the bear. He is. Listen, I rock with Gary.
Speaker 5: I have no I have no malice, you know what I'm saying. And so he's good but uh not. But it's just and and so I have noticed that as I'm up in the Pacific Northwest fighting for ways to be an innovator and stay relevant from way to fuck up there and off the grid, that sometimes people come up and they're like, Oh.
Speaker 2: That'sh it is. That's the sauce. You can't. I can't protect that.
Speaker 5: Whether he comes close to me and does it, or stay away from me and does it. If somebody sees an editing style or a wave or I don't know, a dress, or away somebody walks and talk and let's working, there's nothing you can do. He from he from there, Well, he's from ohiobio.
Speaker 2: He lived listening envious.
Speaker 5: Why he's literally saying every point of contention from when we argued at the end of the day we only were recording. First you said that, you said you ain't want to baseball, and then Gary was like, nigga, look at me at my wedding party.
Speaker 6: He said, nigga, look at.
Speaker 2: Me now, you know. Goddamn Well, like a week, Gary solid nothing to be saying that. Anybody was wondering where I'm mad on it? He good, good, okay now, but just not doing the podcast no more. But y'all good, No, I can't.
Speaker 5: It's because we do first Busy, we do First Mondays, and so he'll come up and do the club and the door deal is what makes it worth coming up. Then we record one or two or three or four episodes in one day or two and then two and it'd be my only two days off for maybe a fourteenth stretch of road gigs. I'm like, Gary, I can't, I can't do it. So I'm doing I'm doing a comedy festival the eleventh through the seventeenth because my birthday is the fourteenth in August, and so he's gonna come up and he's gonna do Monday, the eleventh, and then we're gonna do one more episode just and we're just busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Where's Comedy Festival is in your hometown?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, sin Tacoma.
Speaker 5: Yeah so, and we got Tony Rock anchoring the weekend, Gariel do the Monday. Then I'm going to do a Nate Jackson Presents on Monday. It's one of my concepts where it's like I'm hosting for thirty five forty minutes and then all the acts just come out the door. You don't know who's on stage, kind of like this Sunday show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this makes so much because I was listening to the Gary's pod like last week, and I was wondering why he was just going in on people who do CrowdWork. He was like, people who do CrowdWork are lazy and they don't really know how to write.
Speaker 2: But Yarrey on his pod, that's not made up. That sounds made up.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I did make it up.
Speaker 5: Hey ya ya, I didn't make that up because here's why.
Speaker 2: Here's why it's made up. Because if you do.
Speaker 5: CrowdWork, or attempt to do crowd work, and you have good moments and you string them together, you already know you're using traditional stand up structure, but you're plugging the information you got off the people into that.
Speaker 2: So we're writing live and on the spot.
Speaker 5: And I think that what's overlooked is the phenomena of why people are like why growwork Because you're in the crowd and you're hearing the response.
Speaker 2: Your brain is.
Speaker 5: Processing the same information and you're like, what what I say? What was he gonna say? And every time the person you like that does it finds an angle everything like that's why.
Speaker 6: It's actually funnier.
Speaker 1: It actually shows that that person is funnier because it's not something that they actually pre wrote.
Speaker 6: It's like on the in the spot, on the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, put two quotes in front and behind that, and then let's run with that one.
Speaker 5: Because there's there is there is a school of thought that's like that's or they're not working hard, or they're not they're just they don't have jokes. So that's why I'm like, okay, one follow me. Then to try it and let me see what you're doing. And I'll be like, Noah, I see why you think it's lazy. But I put the work. As I said, I had a room every Thursday night. Can't no young comic hold it down as a host everything. You know, there's no pen in the world that can keep up with that amount of monologues. So I just started going up with nothing and fucking with people, and it was not good.
Speaker 2: What it got good?
Speaker 1: What happens if there's nothing that inspires you from the crowd.
Speaker 5: But I say that, I talk about how there's nothing and how what a guess who character nothing to talk about? Slow ass answer, havn't ass crowd? Is this There's funny even in the lack of it too, you know what I'm saying. I've seen somebody get roasted that had nothing wrong with them. Somebody was like, Nigga, you look easy to draw. I saw that online.
Speaker 2: M like, what are you going to.
Speaker 5: Say when the person with a person's face is mastic They're like, you look easy to draw. I was like, see, that's genius. So now there's plenty of stuff to talk about. And like I said, I can talk about anything I saw since I woke up or what's in front of me. So if I got to start with whatever like I would have been, I would have went on stage and been like, y'all see.
Speaker 2: Coldplay y'all see the dude get caught.
Speaker 5: Like I can talk about that at a CrowdWork joint, and now it's like, who in here cheat? Now we got some segues to get through, you know what I mean. But like it's almost a gift when you get something, you're like, Okay, let's cook with this, right, and I like to find a few so that I can do callbacks and have it all come together and jail together. So at the end you're like, that was that wasn't just that was an experience. That was just a couple of moments.
Speaker 1: You ever had somebody roast you back like and and actually be good like a nutty professor?
Speaker 2: When when who's whose titties over here? Yes?
Speaker 1: Remember when remember when Eddie went off on when Da Chapelle was playing the comedian he came back his buddy love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh No, I've never had nothing that crazy happen. But I've had I've had I had a guy. But here's the thing.
Speaker 5: A lot of times the person that wants to do that, they're not on the cadence of the show.
Speaker 2: They waiting for you to.
Speaker 5: Take a breath or like, give me get a a segue between two things to yell out and try to fuck the think. But I ain't had it happen yet. Well, a long time ago on Thursday night or whatever, somebody was like, man, I'm like come up here and in and this just went back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and I lost, and I was like, congratulations. Was it a comedian or a random guy? He beat me because he was like he said, this is what he said. He said, your mama's pussy so deep. I went down on her. My ears popped, and that's what I said. And I didn't have it. I was like, yeah, nigga, that that's the winner.
Speaker 3: You never had anybody get mad like you try to fight.
Speaker 5: H No, because I like to be honest with you, like i'd say, like ninety percent of it is reading body language. You kind of can look at who who's with this and now now I should never have to deal with it. Because the front five to seven rows of my show is sold online for more and it's called the roll zone, so they literally it's like the splash on, like you only do that if you want to get black, like how Gallagher would hit the watermelons. So if you're in a row zone, I don't want to hear shit like it is what it is. They be mad if I don't get man, we just our second time coming. You ain't get it either, tie.
Speaker 2: Man, come again, bro, I'll get you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So in general, no, not now, but at the like, if I'm just doing a show that's not mine or gigging or something, it's about like who's who, who's with it, generally eye contact, smiling or at least looking, you know, definitely not big enough that I'm like.
Speaker 2: That would be about. That would be a good that'd be a good fight.
Speaker 5: Like I'm not looking for I'm not roasting somebody that I've got to tussle with six minutes and we don't know who won.
Speaker 1: Big Mac was big as hell, and he said, you do security, big as hell.
Speaker 6: I do security right? Why you got to put Burrow on the end.
Speaker 5: I could run away from him skipping, Nigga, I'm not run with trying to catch me. No, that's a belly shot.
Speaker 2: We out of there.
Speaker 6: What is what is this paper?
Speaker 2: Spin off? I mean the spin off the office? This is good. These niggas are really good. You guys, do you guys just sit up here? And be like, man, we're good at this ship. Do you know you're the best work doing it for a while. Niggas are good. Just spin I didn't think that was in your thing. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So The Office is coming back and it's called it's called The Paper. I wouldn't necessarily call it a spin off because it's in the same universe, the same world, some of the characters are the same, and so uh there is a serious nda around what we can say and cannot say. But it comes back on September fourth, and this shit is gonna be hilarious.
Speaker 3: I am very very proud of you for doing that.
Speaker 8: You are that type of witty ass comedian know that with totally be great in the Office or The Office universe. So that's one of my favorite shows, Modern Family, The Office, And like, I love that you are in that pocket of wit and that's that feels good to me to see that you're gonna be doing that working up man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and I and I'm I'm just thankful. But I'm in. I'm in. I think I'm in more episodes than I'm not and more.
Speaker 5: Yes, because Greg Daniels can see your boy, so uh, yes, and there's and once you're and a sitcom like that, there's a lot less competition, you know, I mean, like you, you're the person you're in. This is when you get to go do your thing. Whil'n out. It's twenty four people waiting to get one spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, you got you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Get the rappers, you're gonna get the contracted guys, and you got the celebrity.
Speaker 2: Oh they brought their little sister with them.
Speaker 5: Then, so there's two spots and there's twenty four people waiting to get tapped to be against each other. On the others, you'd be like, man, I don't know if I'm gonna get a episode, but you can see it. And then here come Michael Blackson wasn't even on the damn show.
Speaker 2: What's something about Soaka?
Speaker 5: And he and because he's nick boy, you don't get no burn shout out the mic. But that's just that's how you get four.
Speaker 3: That's how I go.
Speaker 5: Then you go out and put the cape on somebody because they asked you to. You gotta we only shoot two weeks, all them episodes two weeks, So I'm in trouble for three days.
Speaker 2: Nigga. That's devastating.
Speaker 1: But the beauty is when you blow up, like the way you're blowing up now, Like they'll invite you back and act like you got your start there, and I'll be like.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm so thankful, shout out the nine elevens.
Speaker 6: But the paper is not a reboot though, it's it's.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what the right word is talk about it that the press, but I'm really I don't know what the word is for. Like this was also happening, but now we'll show you this other player. Just imagine the production company that was in the office, you know, was alway zooming in and all that. Just imagine they went across the street to another address or something, because that's kind of I don't I don't, I don't know because usually spin off it takes one character and it follows them, you know what I'm saying, And this ain't that, this isn't Famin matters, and then we just follow Erkle and like, no, this is like there's characters from the other one in this one.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful Greg Daniels did it again. That's all right?
Speaker 5: Then the showrunners and that whole team, like I was in awe just like good. Some of the stuff they found the idiosyncrasies of how funny something simple could be and and the fact that they were like malleable enough to get it some big words. Some of the stuff that was that they made funny, that they took the time and budget to spend time like how to just move like flip a lever. Flipping a lever wasn't just flipping. Like there's a way to pick these glasses up and it's funny, And they went through every way like so you want to pick these glasses up. You want to pick these glasses up like they I'm talking about every way to inflect your voice. And they took the time to be like do the game at this time, do the game? But this time I was like, I did not know that this show was like this fine tooth, like they take every moment and and it's every moment is I guess you know? Manicure to be as funny as it can be, even though it's as dry, but it's hilarious.
Speaker 6: Yes, good, you can't. You can't gotta be.
Speaker 3: Episodes that can't come back out right now. I love the show.
Speaker 8: I love it man, and you you stream as well. Sometimes you know as much as I can, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But god damn.
Speaker 4: You you you you don't.
Speaker 5: Realize how much shit you don't want to show until you're showing it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I walked past some mail on the counter and somebody was like, got your address, nigga?
Speaker 5: I like, yeah, what because I'll posit zoom like I'm already stay that ass.
Speaker 2: I like fuck that.
Speaker 5: I was going to my office and there's a billboard outside and somebody was like, I.
Speaker 2: Know where that billboard is. I'm like, man fu.
Speaker 5: So there's so many like camera down then you just want to talk to somebody, they.
Speaker 2: See the mic on you like, oh you monked up? Not right now, We're good right now.
Speaker 5: So so it's like I have to like be like, okay, from this time to this time, I'm gonna stream. I thought it was just gonna be like just put the camera on and let's go for some of your life. You don't want to, you know what I'm saying. You don't want to show a lot of your life. I think, you know. Plus, it's a different kind of oncause I'm realizing when you go live, it's a lot of fucking reading. Yeah, people don't really like you're reading the equivalent of like nine Harry Potter chapters just to interact with your chat.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So I can do it, but it's a thing I have to flip. Now.
Speaker 5: Last week I went to Twitch headquarters in San Francisco, and I was like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: What you want to do?
Speaker 5: Because there's an entire industry of comedy where people are living big lives and they're perfect for live streaming, but we need like can we work? Yeah, and that app is, that app is, that's a beautiful app, but that that shit is that the entry level on that is so high. It's expensive to get On Instagram, you need a phone, which you already have. If you want to be a creator on Twitter, you got to have like several different apps which have their own learning curve, whether it's something for overlay, something for alert, something for the chat.
Speaker 2: Then you got to have a setup.
Speaker 5: Like there's like there's a lot even Like let's say you just want to stream your like I Rail from a phone, Now you got to go buy Samsung Galaxy twenty five. Then things it's like eleven hundred. Then you got to get too simcars.
Speaker 2: Like the entry level. It's expensive, like a whole now it even if it's not, it's just expensive. Then let's tell you.
Speaker 5: Let's say you go out and there's a lot of you go maybe a Yankees game and I'm gonna stream or something if they'll let you. But somewhere where it's high populated, maybe it's maybe the parade or something. Everybody on the cell tower your signal dropping. Now your feet is cutting. So if you get tired of that, the next the next step up from the phone, it's called a live you Solo.
Speaker 6: Pro backs wear.
Speaker 5: So no, yeah, yeah, there's a backpack or like a Wi Fi. Yeah, so there's like two or three motems or something. That ship is like six thousand dollars. So you're telling me.
Speaker 2: Just to stay on the app and stay like.
Speaker 5: It's like that who got that when young creator just got six thousand sitting right there.
Speaker 2: So then the next step up is a.
Speaker 5: Thirty thousand back I see like DDG and all them them them them backpacks is thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's the backpack that Yeah, if.
Speaker 5: It's blue or something that's or hot green, I think that bag is sit thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: So it's a real investment.
Speaker 2: But you does it pay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, it pays by long?
Speaker 3: Do you have to be on those sites in order to make the money?
Speaker 2: No, you get you go as soon as you go. Partner.
Speaker 5: I made partner in four days. And if you got to make a partner, just well there's a thing that you know. It says just like any other monetization where they're like you need this many viewers, this many hours or whatever. But you can also just send an email and be like, here's my numbers on other platforms and they be like, oh ship got So you're monetized right away, which gives you access to a certain percentage of your advertising and a certain percentage of your subs. And the subs is why. That's why it makes sense. You want to know the sauce. I deed the sauce and this is how this is how it happens.
Speaker 2: I like to share and not you know what I'm saying, absolutely right.
Speaker 5: So that's why I said, if somebody gonna take something I'm doing and do it, I didn't make it that hard to get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: I'll ask you first so that you understand the power of it. Right, So, in my opinion, I think the I r L clips are the highest algorithm clips on social media right now, it ain't sketches. It used to be sketches. Now it's like, so like, what do you remember from the BET Awards this year?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 6: That's a clip?
Speaker 2: Right? What do you remember from Shane Gillis at the.
Speaker 6: Spis his monologue which is a clip?
Speaker 5: So like Joe Rogan's clip page is almost six times bigger than the full episode page. Right, nobody gonna sit through three hours and just watch the clip. And what makes twitch so genius that anybody watching your stream has there's a button on it that says clip anyone, any viewer can make a sixty second clip. Now, that could be bad if you're doing something like gotcha.
Speaker 6: Ass headlines or they make the headline, don't be having nothing to do.
Speaker 2: With the video, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: You got your headlined and you watched it like that didn't happen, You didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I saw some of them were like somebody curves Cristy on and I watched it. I was like, she ain't even happen.
Speaker 2: It's just having fun. What the fun.
Speaker 5: But if you know that that's what it is. Then then now why not why not be strategic?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 5: Got eight hours of stream, you got two hours. So and that two hours, I'm gonna go here. I'm gonna go there. I talk to my brother, my son or my whatever we're gonna have. There will be chances for moments, and then you can overproduce the way You're like, somebody.
Speaker 2: Gonna kick in the door and it's going down, and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But you want the clips because once you get the clip, that goes YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, it goes every other platform. And so then you build your audience and then they're on and they subscribe or just coming on, they watch ads, they have no choice, and you get paid. And then from your station in the game, you don't. You're not gonna get that basic percentage. You're like, I'm sorry, the man you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Set up the breakfast club. I r L goddamnit, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? You needed that, Nate, Yes, let's do it. Yeah, get your money, well, check out you.
Speaker 6: I want to have one more question.
Speaker 1: What do you want new fans who see you for the first time on Netflix to walk away?
Speaker 2: Thinking I got a new top five.
Speaker 5: Because for like twenty years, everybody says the same five names in rotation, and I think that it's time that we shake that up a little bit. Basketball got new stars. I'm not saying there's not a place for other people and we can all eat, but let's work together, you know what I'm saying. And maybe it's a challenge, but I would like to see some of the og black comics who've made a lot of money in the game reach back and create opportunities for the rest of the game. There's Uptown, I guess it's closing. It's not black owned, but it's black ran. And so now I think there are three black owned clubs in America. I'm the biggest at two hundred and seventy seats. I think when I look around on your wall and see all the successful African Americans and every dollar that got pulled down, that it makes no sense that we don't have more brick and mortars to do the craft we build.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't Martin have wandas? Why doesn't you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, Why does Why isn't there Heart Kevin Hart Comedy Club? Goddamn you do comedy, make some money off the drinks, for you got a liquor, sell only that in your club.
Speaker 2: But there should be.
Speaker 5: And if that's not it, then let's just get with the Let's get with the people who open businesses left and right, and and then say look here, you use my name, my likeness, and I want some ownership whatever and then and but there should be.
Speaker 6: It makes sense. Joe Rogan got the comedy club in Austin.
Speaker 2: Now did the Mothership? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I believe Dave is building one and and so there may be four.
Speaker 2: But that's if you think about all of the money.
Speaker 5: Every time you like, who's been in the top three in comedy since I'm nineteen seventy, the majority of the top three top gross early I'm not even talking about whether you like them or not. I'm talking about the highest grossing act of the year was black.
Speaker 2: Whether it was Richard Pryor or Red Fox or.
Speaker 5: Cat or Mike Epps or Kevin Hart or Martin or like. And if it wasn't one, it was an entity like King's of Comedy or now eighty five South like, why let's get to eighty five comedy clubs. Let's get let's expand and grow our industry because the people want to come to shows. And then you control the butt, you control the dollar. There's no more you in the back getting ripped off or they don't treat you right, because now you know how to be treating you know what I'm saying. And I want us to get it right too, because I have done other black owned clubs and been.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, y'all, yeah, I don't really, I don't play like that. We do.
Speaker 5: We you know, we run a good show, but it's a lot to juggle the career and the club and make sure that it's still black. But my team is thorough, so we hold it down and if it works in one place, it should, in theory work in another place.
Speaker 2: So I think that that if I.
Speaker 5: Could leave something with with the with the entertainers that are watching, man, what's up? Open something? Open something. Let's get some comedy back on regular TV. Let's make comedy very easy to consume again. When I was a kid, you could go home and Comedy View was on, and and and Comedy Central had specials, and like now you can't find no stand up unless you put it on. I gotta find it, you know what I'm saying, so we need to get to a place where the deaf jams and the comedy like it feels like that again. Yes, so if there's something I can leave with the people, I don't know. Man, just laugh, live your love, live your life to the fullest. Uh, you know, and you deserve you deserve to laugh.
Speaker 1: So do it, Nate Jackson, tell them to follow you, Brothers, Nate Jackson Coomedy dot com or at Mission, Nate Jackson on the Gram or Nate Jackson Comedy.
Speaker 5: On TikTok uh. Just tap in Nate Jackson Comedy dot com. Is there where you can see everything I'm on. I'm ending the Super Funny World to here in the next couple of dates, and the Big Dog Tour starts right after that.
Speaker 2: International. We got Australia. It's crazy. Get some tickets while there's any seats left.
Speaker 6: It's like that congratulations brother.
Speaker 3: You say he was doing shows and movies and stuff, casting stuff.
Speaker 2: You want to add something, Yeah, for sure, I got some ship, all right?
Speaker 3: Cool? Yeah I got because like I'm really really good.
Speaker 5: I almost forgot the movie I'm tripping. So there's a movie with Seth Throg and Kiki Palmer Keanu Reeves and it's as He's and Sorry's directorial debut that comes out in October and it's called Good Fortune and I'm in that. So so yeah, no, I got stuff. Okay, I just bought this red camera. We're about to be it's about to go.
Speaker 2: He can't tell me nothing.
Speaker 7: Check out Super Funny on Netflix now Nate.
Speaker 6: Jack's Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Brother, appreciate you. That's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. Wake that ass up in the morning at Breakfast Club.