Speaker 1: Welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour. Thanks for joining us today, Susan. I'm so excited to be back.
Speaker 2: We have so much stuff to tell today, and if you haven't heard any of our past ones, you definitely want to hear this one. So go check those out before you see us today. We're sharing everything we are.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if you have a question for us, and after today's episode, you're gonna have lots for us, all you have to do is go to Bachelornation dot com slash Golden Hour and send them our way.
Speaker 3: You're gonna blow up our computer after today.
Speaker 2: So to start with, let's talk about Jones episode last night.
Speaker 1: But first, first, we've got Nancy with us today. We just want Nancy's going to weigh in two. So here we go.
Speaker 2: Last night's episode in a word, sad, sad, Nancy, quiet Mark, Let's talk about more?
Speaker 3: Oh poor Mark. He thought I love that man.
Speaker 2: But like they were on that boat and they're driving along, and I think Joan was like grasping, like what can we talk about? Finally she goes beach and then she goes have you finished? When they drank their champagne and he gave like one goal, there's one word answer. The conversation didn't And I think he he.
Speaker 4: Thought based on what we saw, what I saw, he thought that they had a really good date.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. Yeah, I think he was blindsided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's here's the thing. The show is ninety minutes two hours. It could have been two days. The silence like it was too much, the airtime of what it took to say nothing.
Speaker 3: I felt so uncomfortable for him and so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: For although when they got to the back of the boat where the cheese spread was and all, they did communicate a little, but once again they talked about how he had the bird, what was it that came? And well, I think by this episode, I want to see some more uplifting things.
Speaker 4: Yes, And it seemed to keep going back to his ex wife, his former.
Speaker 1: Well and Joan to Jones talking about her John and his We need more hope, we need more love.
Speaker 2: We have to look for And I just say this, that dress she had on, Oh my gosh, wait, Nancy.
Speaker 1: Are you surprised that Susan has turned the conversation to fashion shock her?
Speaker 3: And it was still on Mark on the boat, right, Mark Okay.
Speaker 2: So Mark was in love with a dress I want he had to be she looked good. Okay, let's let's go to the let's go to the event with well. First of all, can we just skip by Pascal and his tidy whities?
Speaker 3: I can't was hysterical out. No, he was proud. He was proud, and I give him a lot of credit. I'm doing that.
Speaker 1: I can't something I would do. I want to see you in tidy whitey Susan good. Okay, Let's talk about Keith for a second. They go on the date, and they go and they're both they're having a wine tasting and it's.
Speaker 3: Thirty two years and fun day until they talked. They talked to them.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but they talk about thirty two years of marriage.
Speaker 3: We're crying again, Like, what do we know from the ex wife? They haven't talked in ten years. What do we know about Keith?
Speaker 1: His wife was drugs, so we know he's a good guy.
Speaker 3: He stood up to the place, and then that's wise. We didn't learn anything else about hobbies or what he wants to do in the future.
Speaker 2: I don't think Joan could have been excited about what he was saying. When she said, give me one one day of retirement, what you would do? Remember, he had not really much to say.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was just she needed to hear something exciting.
Speaker 2: Let's wake up and have coffee, go outside, look at the sunshine.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll blow leaves, or maybe we'll get to that in a minute.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a second, what about what about uh the whole deal with Chalk at the bowling Alley.
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, you know, he was again obvious to men.
Speaker 1: We we all think it's pretty clear Chalk is getting a lot of television.
Speaker 4: I will give Chalk credit though, because he's making an effort. You can tell that he sees he wants Joan. He's going to go grab her at the bowling alley, sit beside her, and he's trying to take over.
Speaker 2: Who was one of the guys said you, Chalk, they're all of us on this group day. Can you get off of her for a minute? A week and that was gone. He didn't stop his arm right now, Wait a minute, Joan.
Speaker 1: We listen, we know Joe right, we're friends with Joan did not look comfortable.
Speaker 3: She kind of was. Her body language is like she wasn't so her she were up. She was, but she wasn't puzzling, and she was not she was kind of straight up careful of the boob. Sorry, it all goes back to her always. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think this this this episode, we're getting close.
Speaker 3: You know, hometowns are next week.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty clear that a lot of these guys, as kind as they are and as many life experiences I've had.
Speaker 3: They're really struggling to open up.
Speaker 1: At least it appears that way on the episode when it comes down to having a date with John and are they ready?
Speaker 3: You wonder are they really ready to I don't think Mark's ready, do you.
Speaker 2: I think Mark broke his last night and the shock telling him that it wasn't going to be them, but I think he's actually ready now. He accepted that that it wasn't going to be Jim, but I think now he's more open And kudos to Mark, right, And.
Speaker 4: I think that's what the show has done a lot for Charles. He had resolution, but he's ready to go out and find love.
Speaker 2: So I think it's a good that's the good side of the show. Yeah, I think that's her dress of course. Well, and I just think Joan.
Speaker 1: The goal here is for John to find love, and I think she does and we have to keep that in mind. But these guys are just I think it's it's sad that that they are struggling so much to find conversation. And maybe it's not then in real life, but on the show, it's just missing that.
Speaker 2: Can I just say one thing, If this camera crew for a Bachelor for anybody followed us around for the last thirty six hours, I'm telling you we'd have the highest ratings.
Speaker 1: But this is Joan's season, susand it's Magnet Jack to Jones's Joan.
Speaker 3: I'm gone that Joe is dog. All right, Well, we love that, we love the episode. We can't wait next week for hometowns. But what do you think? What do you think? Who do you think she's gonna I said from the beginning, I did. We haven't seen the hometowns. Maybe there's more. I think I think there'll be more of There is.
Speaker 1: Going to be drama coming. I think there were not some kind of twist. I think dramas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna get twists and turns. I'd be shocked. I'd be shocked.
Speaker 2: Okay, if shocked did not get this hostel, even you.
Speaker 3: She's had the most connection with it. That's all we've seen twists.
Speaker 1: Maybe somebody leaves, it comes back, maybe somebody who knows. So Nancy's here with us today to help us review jump season, but she's here for.
Speaker 2: Another So this episode, Ladies and Gentlemen, is going to be a little different.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: We are going to talk a lot about what happened with Kathy and I and Nancy being here to help us.
Speaker 3: It's more about plastic surgery today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is about real this. You know, people say Kathy and Susan are real. You have no idea how real we are about to be. Nancy here sighing Nancy's recovery.
Speaker 4: It's new.
Speaker 3: And I just got up because I was up all night.
Speaker 2: She actually came in my room and woke me up at one thirty in the morning to take Okay, but let's stack up from it.
Speaker 1: Let's tell everybody what's been going on. I flew from Texas to Philly. Susan took me in for plastic surgery. I had a lower face lift and I had CO two, which is a very strong laser. I had i p L laser, which takes brown it is a beer, Susan.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I did not have beer.
Speaker 1: I had an I P L laser and then I had another laser for my chest. It's all to resurf a skin, get rid of brown spots. My face puffed up. I look like Humpty Dumpty or square Bob SpongeBob square pants. Susan had her surgery yesterday. What happened to usus?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I had a lifestyle lift and I also had a breast reduction in lift.
Speaker 3: So I can't wait for my girls to be up hire.
Speaker 2: But I'm afraid they're going to be so small I'm not going to recognize them.
Speaker 1: So we are here. Nancy came drove down from Alexandria to help take care of us, and we have been She is a great nurse. Folks, I've been well. I was supposed to be taking care of the two of them. That's that's that's easy. Give him medicine, get him water. However, when you're at Susan's.
Speaker 3: House, you tell him. So when she got here, I was blowing leaves.
Speaker 2: She goes, oh, I like to do those things. Since then, Nancy has blown the leaves and I asked an emultim with a lawnmower. Okay, so Susan sweep the floor, wipe the can.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with this picture? I'm a all about my house.
Speaker 4: And then we swept the floor, and Susan goes, Nancy, can you come over here? Because she can't bend over. That is my job I'm supposed to be taking care of.
Speaker 3: There's one little fleck. There's one little fluck on the over there that you missed.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say that it's Susan's on drugs, but no, this is Susan.
Speaker 2: Timmy say one thing about that one perpose that I took. I was feeling no pain, girls, I was feeling when they went away, my ears were burning.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's the laugh. I don't take a lot of pain culls. My ears have been hurting a lot. But Nancy and I in the corner were saying, oh God, it's going to be awful.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a baby. So it's going to be a warning them just don't make fun of me. I know I'm going to cry. I can't take pain. So yesterday we made sure that we had pain men.
Speaker 2: That one lay thing I did pray, I talked to the Lord, I really did, said please help me get through this.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I prayed to the Lord that I look like Humpty Dumpty and match up here I am so yesterday the doctor asked me for a picture, he says, because I said, my.
Speaker 3: Face is really blown up. They said, could you send us a picture? It was bad.
Speaker 1: We sent a picture. They said, get in there. They said, can you be here in thirty minutes? So snanswer. Nancy gets in the cards surgery.
Speaker 3: She didn't know what's happened. She could care less. She's you know, and percocet. So I was down there, excuse me, lord whatever. So Nancy drives me.
Speaker 1: And you know you're in trouble when you walk into a doctor's office and they all look at you and everyone doesn't say where they go, Come right now, hurry right back here, and they put ice packs on me. I can't even tell you. I looked in the mirror and was like, who am I?
Speaker 3: Now? Today it's a little better down to here. You're good. I think you're looking like Kathy up until that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've always said I'd like to look different, but I didn't have this.
Speaker 2: Admired And today I'm going to take my first shower. I might be the unveiling for you guys.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: Don't do it now, why the uniling.
Speaker 1: Okay, Susan breaks every rule when it comes to surgery, every nervous.
Speaker 3: Okay, look at her like Santa Clau with a had a shave. Okay, there we go. Okay, Oh, it's going to be stuck. If it's stuck, don't pull. Oh I can't if it's stuck.
Speaker 1: So while they're while they're doing the unveiling, let me just say a lot of people have written in saying why did you do this? You're beautiful the way you are. Thank you telling you.
Speaker 3: People don't pull it. I can't pull.
Speaker 1: Thank you for all the nice comments that were beautiful. But we're doing this for ourselves. We're not doing it for anyone else, right, Yeah, we're doing it for ourselves.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think that made me feel good. I'm sixty seven years old. We should not.
Speaker 4: And I think the thing with the CO two laser, which you can go and get even without doing any plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: Oh here she is. Don't pull from the flying Nune.
Speaker 1: The flying nun.
Speaker 3: Look at that the jawline. Beautiful and a nice thing is with the laser.
Speaker 4: Though, even if you don't have plastic surgery, you too every that you can get a CO two laser and it refreshes your skin.
Speaker 3: Some people do it, don't. I learn fresh your skin ends up looking like a baby's butt. So these two, you'll see them next week and you can see if they their face looks like, oh, a toddler or something.
Speaker 1: So so let me just say people, it doesn't This did not hurt. Okay, and that's enough. This did not hurt. It doesn't hurt. It's just tight and my face feels like it's gravel. Like this is all taking all the dead skin off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to take off. Might lose five pounds.
Speaker 1: It's going to take off all the skin, and suppose I would look normal again, just with smooth skin. I have a lot of brown spots, some damage. So apparently it's going to get rid of it all. So we've had a lot of support and a lot of support from Bachelor Nation. Kitlin Bristow reached out to me yesterday and said, wait, did.
Speaker 3: I miss something? What did you do?
Speaker 1: And so I told her and she said, oh my goodness, and she said, we're brave. She said that this is something she thinks she will do.
Speaker 2: Also, all our producers from our show, yeah, have all been warm and fuzzy.
Speaker 4: We hear from some of the producers said to me on the phone last night, and we're gonna send Susan and Kathy a gift.
Speaker 3: I was like, we're gonna have to pay her. No, but I think I need a gift.
Speaker 2: You have the gift of However, the Yancy's going to do this and Kathy and I are both coming.
Speaker 3: That's right at Nancy's house. That's right, we are. Don't worry, really, honestly, true, true friends. We have a question. Do I think we started a trend? I have a lot of leaves? Wait?
Speaker 2: Does this mean February I'll be so shovel and snow?
Speaker 3: Do I have to cook? Kathy? I got that you gotta clean. I got a clean all right?
Speaker 2: But no, really, we're so happy to be able to share this with all of our Bachination bands, everybody. And we did this for us, not for anything else, but to make ourselves feel.
Speaker 1: And I would say, don't you think it's it's sort of like fifty to fifty. A lot of people have said, yeah, you yea for being public about it and sharing it. The funny thing for me is people said, I can't believe it. She's having another facelift here it is.
Speaker 3: This is the first one. I don't remember. They said, no chicken fancies.
Speaker 2: Are because of the hair change. It's not all those comments.
Speaker 3: But most people have been very, very kind and very.
Speaker 2: Kind, and we even even had people that already called the doctor's office.
Speaker 3: Right, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I think we all feel good and as we all get older, you feel good about doing something for yourself and taking good care of your skin.
Speaker 2: And somehow this doesn't feel like wear million sunscreen, big hats. I'll take care of this face, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Is our life going to change?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's still no man in our DM confident we're gonna look good, guys, guys and feel good.
Speaker 1: I mean now I have all I at least have an excuse me, Michael, who wants to date this.
Speaker 3: It's going to get better though, But thank you all for listening and allowing us to share all this wonderful.
Speaker 1: And we're you know, every day we're sharing stuff on our Instagram and if you have questions, you can write into Bachelor Nation dot com because we, like we said, there's nothing off limits.
Speaker 3: Will share whatever.
Speaker 2: At where you put your reviews and your questions. You can even question about the surgeries right and about Nancy.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put my phone number anybody needs me to come take care of them.
Speaker 3: I also do yard work. Nurse when nurse Nancy is the best.
Speaker 4: And I pushed I pushed paint foundication because it does even in the morning.
Speaker 3: You have to stay on top of your paint. I love you, Yeah, thank you too. This has been We We love we love Nancy, we love each other. We love being a part of Bachelor. We really do. You guys are the best.
Speaker 2: So in case any of you are wondering, We're not done yet. I'm not done yet. On Monday, I'm to go get SpongeBob face. I'm going to do the co two as well on Monday and kind of go through what I've.
Speaker 3: Watched Kathy's face down. It's a little scary.
Speaker 1: But any wait, Jesse, y'all know the doctor already said the reason that my face blew up like a balloon skin is that I have thin skin as opposed to being thin skin, which I'm not. I have thin skin, and so that blows up and gets very red.
Speaker 3: They said, Susan's won't be that way. We'll see. I'm going to take pictures. But it doesn't hurt.
Speaker 1: I wander from to know that if you've ever thought about having laser, it doesn't hurt. It just looks scary. I'm ready for Halloween, but it doesn't hurt.
Speaker 2: And Kathy is looking at the girls being up high and small, and she's thinking maybe her should be up high or I don't know if that's another surge on my.
Speaker 1: Phone, These cones of what is it? What's the stuff they put in silicon? You guys, I am from another country. I mean these silicon things that they put into you. I don't it's a plant, it's an implant. I feel very left out right.
Speaker 2: In the little old school area. Well I read the implant is too. I wanted to lift in a reduction because I always thought that you could see my breast enter the room before I did.
Speaker 3: I did not want that.
Speaker 2: And I'm sixty seven, so they were low, so I wanted it lifted up.
Speaker 3: But to stay rounded up top, they do have to put something in.
Speaker 1: All I know is I had a breast reduction done twenty years ago, and those three children that nursed ruined my boobs.
Speaker 2: That's what they do. That's what they do. But I do know one thing. It's not surgery. But I promise that loud on this podcast that I not only am going to take care of my skin, but I'm going to work out again. I'm going to take care of my bay and not going to get into shape. I mean, maybe not the best shape, but for sixty seven, I'm going to build some muscle.
Speaker 1: You know what, It's about doing your best suits and I'm so proud of you working out at that stack. It's all about taking care of ourselves and feeling good about ourselves.
Speaker 3: This isn't We didn't do this for another man or a man. What isn't a man? Yeah there will be, there will be, I know it.
Speaker 1: But it's about making ourselves feel good. And you know, it's a personal decision. Some people want to do it, some people don't, But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm trink like earrings on they are my surgery.
Speaker 4: I'm it's going to be in I think January or February, and I'm going to be doing the CO two laser and perhaps a little tweak.
Speaker 3: I mean just a little bit. And you know what, nanswer's people that tell you what it did? That little bit? Where's mine?
Speaker 2: I already have your swollen, but you could see your incision line turned to the side. Look that looks amazing. I mean, there's such minds. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: It's it's I don't know what it's. Here's the thing, though, people say that when you start plastic surgery, it's hard to stop. We don't have Let's star no, but I agree with that. I think you can get in a in a mode of well I did that.
Speaker 4: Now look at my lips, and I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think you have to just do it a little bit. I don't want to look different. I'll never give up botos though.
Speaker 1: Listen, I want to get cheek I plants and I'm kidding, I have cheeks. Everyone thinks I had my nose done and a cheeking plant.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: But this is us. We are real. We love that you're tuning in and we can't wait to share more. What do you think?
Speaker 1: I think we should do it again? And we got to be there for Nancy and guys. When you think about writing now and say, Nancy, don't do it.
Speaker 3: You know what we're going to do. You know you're going to write and say, Nancy, you're beautiful just the way you are. You know what the answer is, thank.
Speaker 2: You, and but we're going to do it. We will make that's right. Yeah, I want to take care of skin. So, guys, we do have a little bit of extra time. How about if we do one listener question and let Nazi in on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that idea. Not only does Nancy mowyard, she has very good advice.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what we do is read this question and we each give a piece of advice, and it's exactly how you feel from your heart.
Speaker 3: You know what you think about this?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Kathy, would you like to read?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Let's go. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kathy and Susan, my wife loves your podcast and recently got me into it. I feel like you guys would be the perfect people to help me right now. My wife and I have been married for almost two years, and I love her so much. I recently screwed up big time on her birthday for some reason, when it made dinner reservations to celebrate. I completely mixed up the date of her birthday, so when we got to this restaurant she's been wanting to try for ages on her actual birthday, we didn't have a reservation and the place was completely booked. The guy didn't really help when you say, and I'm sorry, your reservation was for next week, not today. She was disappointed and her feelings were hurt. Understandably, but she was so understanding about it and even forgave me right away. Honestly, that made me feel even worse because I know she was really looking forward to it, and I let her down to make matters worse.
Speaker 3: Things have already been a little.
Speaker 1: Tense lately when it comes to stuff like this. Between my best friend's bachelor party and my crazy work schedule, I've missed quite a few things she wanted me to go to. She knows that these are either scheduling mistakes or things I just cannot miss and are out of my control.
Speaker 3: But I can tell she's been bummed out, even though she's tried to be understanding about it all. Now our anniversary is coming up. I'm thinking thick diamonds.
Speaker 1: Now our anniversary is coming up, and I really don't want to mess this up. I want to do something special and thoughtful to show her how much I appreciate her and make up for missing some of these important moments. I just don't know where to start or what would feel meaningful enough. Any ideas for how I can make our anniversary unforgettable in a good way this time and show her how much she means to be. I don't want her to feel like I'm taking her for granted. I'm really bad at this, so I need all the ideas I can get. Thank you so much and love you guys.
Speaker 3: He sounds like a sweet What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: The first thing I think is I would do something as a surprise. I would find out what's her most Other than that restaurant. You could go back there, But what about a little weekend away but a total surprise, and then send her a note or send her something beforehand and say, you know, pack for the week, pack for a few days, not telling you, you know, pack for the beach, or pack for cold weather and not tell her, but then say I am so you know, be vulnerable and say I just can't believe that I did that and forgot. But I think the main thing is show action. I think when somebody can tell you how great you are and how much they love you, but when they show you and they show you how much they love you.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of doing a surprise Nancy. I think the surprise make her feel because she'll know that it's not something you're saying, it's something you're doing. You took the time to plan something, and if you take her like on a weekend or treat do like couples massages, have things planned that shows her how much you think and.
Speaker 3: Little things during the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first of all, I got to send my hat to him for him to come and ask this kind of a question and say everything that he did.
Speaker 3: I think he's a good guy. Do you think has a single brother? He's definitely a keepable. Do you have three single brothers? I couldn't agree with you both more.
Speaker 2: And then have a special gift. But having everything lined up, whether it's wine tasting, massages, whatever, it will be hot to naked.
Speaker 1: I don't Okay, wait minute, ladies, ladies, ladies, come on, what all that's finding good? If it were you, you'd love the weekend. But wouldn't you want just a little bobble?
Speaker 3: I think a bobble if you can do it. Never never turned jewelry down. Jewelry diamonds.
Speaker 2: Remember in the beginning when I said have that special gift there, that's what I was.
Speaker 3: Regarding to and by bibble, we do you know some diamons.
Speaker 1: Diamonds are a girl's best friend, but emeralds aren't bad either.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an anniversary to depending on which one it is, you forget it.
Speaker 1: If they always your second anniversary, it's paper, Get over it.
Speaker 3: Put the diamond into paper and.
Speaker 1: Call it a day.
Speaker 4: I also think giving her the gift first, because then she'll think that's her own gifts.
Speaker 2: Or then or perhaps give the weekend and she thinks that's what that was it.
Speaker 3: In the very last moment.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, you want to wear the bubble the ball, She's like, happy anniversary, you know, back and forth and then she would never expect to go on a trip, a little trip, you know what.
Speaker 2: I I just hope she remembers to get him something after all the fun.
Speaker 3: Can I just say though this, I love this.
Speaker 1: Being the romantic that we all are, she is so lucky to have a guy like this who is really so congratulations.
Speaker 3: To you doing good you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Just the fact that you're writing to us and thinking about what you can do to make it special.
Speaker 3: We love this gives us hope for our futures. We want to find a guy something like you.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: That's what we said. Where's his brothers, his fathers, his uncle. Thank you so much for writing it, and let us know how it goes.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you decided.
Speaker 3: You can't wait to hear. If you need some advice, you could call us. We could plan this. And that's another thing.
Speaker 2: If you don't feel comfortable like you're going to get it right and do it, do you have a secretary or a best friend or her best friend to help you plan this.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with that, or.
Speaker 1: A tribal agent. It's not that hard out. There's a wonderful, wonderful, amazing thing called Google.
Speaker 3: Look at right. Good luck to you, Ben Okay, Well that is going to do it free today.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we're going to go soak our faces in vinegar.
Speaker 3: I'm taking my first shower. Susan's gonna take a shower.
Speaker 1: Nancy's it's time for you know, get out mow the yard.
Speaker 4: I know that's coming oh, and I have trash duty and you'll see that later.
Speaker 1: But we loved having this chat with you all and again, if you have questions or comments, please feel free to follow us on a Bachelor Happy Hour Golden Hour and write your questions into bachelornation dot com slash Golden Hour.
Speaker 3: We look forward to hearing for you and thank you for having me today. We love having you.
Speaker 1: And until next time and when we maybe pray for more healing and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Thank you,