Speaker 1: The following He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchinson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Cowboys Nation, Welcome into Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys in the SWC Studio. I got all my girls with me, Aish Morrison, Jessinavarrees and.
Speaker 4: Jazz Mo Nay. I'm Nicole Hutchinson.
Speaker 3: Ladies, It's Chris, not Christmas Eve.
Speaker 4: It is gay lord.
Speaker 2: Wow, we really missed a few months there.
Speaker 5: You're the second person in brido Christmas and ain't low key. It's gonna be here before you know it. Now the kid has had your wife, had your pocketbook?
Speaker 6: How'd your wife?
Speaker 4: Is crazy?
Speaker 6: Insane work.
Speaker 2: If you go out to the stores right now, it's not even Halloween anymore, It's no, it's Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is true because they get the lights about and the trees and fall.
Speaker 2: It doesn't well today the date. No, yes, it wasn't two days ago.
Speaker 7: It's the first day of September twenty first was the first day of fall interesting.
Speaker 6: Azy a few days ago. What I meant to say was, it is game Eve.
Speaker 2: It is not to be mistaken with Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: That part the Cowboys get ready to take on the New York Giants at seven fifteen pm on Thursday, whoa central time.
Speaker 4: Make sure to tune in.
Speaker 3: But anyways, ladies, when you talk about well, I wouldn't talk about there seems to be a lot of what's it called the meme the Little Spider Man mean fo fingerpointing, A whole lot of blaming going around for this one and two start for the Dallas Cowboys. You're seeing fans frustrating first frustrated people saying that it's maybe a little bit on Jerry Jones, maybe some Mike McCarthy players are saying that there's just a lack of detail that they're taking on when it comes down to game time. I want to ask you all this, who is really to blame for this one?
Speaker 4: And to start I'm gonna start with.
Speaker 7: So honestly, there's there's women I can go around to everybody. So we've heard people blame Jerry Jones. We've heard blame put be put on Mike McCarthy. We've heard people blame Zimmer, We've heard blame uh of the players. We've heard the players, in so many words, blame each other. And none of those people are necessarily wrong. But it's like, if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty in terms of who's most responsible or what can be done now, I do. I'm inclined to say that it falls on the players right now, mainly because so many of the players are pointing to each other and to other guys in the locker room. I mean, there's been a tiny bit of expression of like okay XYZ about the coaches, YadA, YadA, YadA, but not a lot. Most of what we're hearing is these players saying, Okay, if guys would just do their jobs, if they would just step up in these ways. And even when you start like really looking at the games and breaking down the games, you can see that there are ways that despite how people might feel about personnel and about scheme, there are things that players aren't doing well. We've seen the mistackles we saw in the Sames, defensive tackles, chasing the gaps and popping up out of their stands to get and pushed around. We saw the misalignment.
Speaker 4: Heck. Also, I don't know what words.
Speaker 7: I can say, heck, but also talk to us yesterday about the misalignment in the Ravens game. And then on the offensive side, we've seen running backs taking the wrong holes. We've seen poor execution of blocking on the offensive line, like just this whole trap thing that they just can't seem to get right, you know. So we have seen instances of players not getting it right, and how you could see how if they were to get it a little better that things might go better. And that does seem to be the consensus among them. So I'm like, well, I'm just gonna go with what they're saying because they're right there experiencing it now. Personally, I do also agree with the people who say that there are some scheme issues, but like I said, the players are saying it's the players, So I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 2: That was good. I was like, the soapbox was right there, and that was great. I want to jump on that soapbox too.
Speaker 6: I'm crying, all right.
Speaker 2: It goes everywhere. The blame goes you said it, It goes everywhere. It goes to players, it goes to coaches, it goes to ownership, it goes all the way up the ladder, goes all the way around. It's a domino effect that you go back to. Even last year started because guess what you could have done last year. You could assign Dak Prescott, which would have avoided an entire I guess plethora of issues that came down to lack of depth in certain positions that you knew needed it. It came down to not being able to retain guys that could have helped this locker room. And then that made the domino's fall because then you're relying on draft, great draft and develop. That sounds fantastic until you realize it really takes a couple of years for these guys to develop in the positions they're expected to develop in. So then, Okay, you're putting all this pressure on this rookie class. Well, guess what, they're still rookies no matter what. They are still rookies learning an NFL playbook, which I will always give them grace for. Okay, you have that issue, Well, then that trickles down into every single part of your game, and guess what, the same parts that you've been saying over and over and over your downfalls, run game, run defense. I have to blame that on coaching as well. I have to blame that on scheme because some of the personnel that is in these positions now, we're not here before, and yet you have the same issues. So for me, it goes all the way around, starting from the top, all the way back down to the bottom. Everybody kind of needs to get it together, come to a consensus of hey, this is what it is, this is the position we're in now. We need to do our jobs. And that goes all the way around for everybody. Play the play the ball that you are learning to play, learn your playbook, do your work outside of it. I I do know there was some kind of emphasis, especially from the veteran players, of the guys not doing work outside being a professional and you know, doing their jobs. So study a little harder, do a little more, want it a little more. I mean, heck, if you want to win, show it. So yeah, I'm gonna say it goes all the way around, from top to bottom. There's blame for pretty much everybody. So that's that's my soapbox. Here, here's yours. She got teary eye?
Speaker 6: Are you good? Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I have plenty of.
Speaker 6: Right ahead.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, I was just gonna add to mine while while you were fixing your your eye. But I do agree that a lot of it has to do with scheme, because, like, as you were talking, I was saying about the fact that when it comes to scheme, like, so players are kind of programmed to blame themselves anyway, because they're programmed to, like, you know, control the controllables. We hear phrases like that a lot, so they're gonna be inclined to be like, well, this is what I could do better, This is what you know, the people in my position could do better. But like, when it comes to scheme, a good scheme should make it easier for guys to make decisions quickly and play fast without having to think so hard. And that is one thing that it does kind of feel like they're all having to think really hard and everything does feel difficult. And I see it because I'm looking at it from a different perspective, and I almost don't even expect any of them to admit that, Yeah, this is like really taxing mentally, like this scheme feels stressful.
Speaker 3: When they brought in them or I'll speak on what I've been told defensively, they loved the scheme, they were excited about it, and they felt like it was something that was simple.
Speaker 6: So now it's kind of showing a whole different.
Speaker 3: Side of where it's like, maybe it is a little different, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Like I say, I never heard them say simple. I think they believed it would be effective, was.
Speaker 3: Told simple, and I was told that it was something that they were excited about. So that's why I'm kind of confused on Hmmm, well, then why is it not working?
Speaker 4: Honest?
Speaker 7: See, when I talk about a complicated scheme that makes something hard, I am thinking more about the offense and about the defense.
Speaker 4: So I agree, maybe is making it simple?
Speaker 5: I agree there, But to answer your question as far as who gets to blame, I think everything y'all said is valid. You can only scheme and stuff can only like fix so much. And when you talk about specifically on the defensive side of the all the negligence that is the DT position and what we have experienced with that and the fact that they just did not address that position in the off season. They just acted Hankins left and they just acted like it wasn't a therimental and to for this specific defense, this this scheme, you need dts that can hold double teams. You need because it doesn't matter how good the linebackers are or what else is going on. It doesn't matter how you scheme it. If guys, you know, you hear like you said, you hear guys talk about, oh well, we just have to do our job. Well, what if somebody cannot? Yeah, and that's what's happening. There are people who cannot do their job.
Speaker 3: So you're okay, is that a Masie Smith cannot do it?
Speaker 6: No, it's it's a it's a to me.
Speaker 5: The blame would go to the front office and they're there. And you talked about the fact that if they would have paid Doc and ceed earlier, maybe you could have And to your point just that you made about the draft, there are some positions that this team is as much as people don't like it, this team isn't it wasn't a position I don't know, but now in a position to win now, there are some positions when you talk about DT specifically that to your point, take time to develop and you can't rely on you can't rely on young guys to come in and just get it right away with those positions. You have to get veteran tenure in those certain positions. There were some good veteran dts available this offseason, you couldn't pay them because of how you handled your contracts. So that's number one. Number two as far as the offense goes, you can't run the ball right now. Your offensive line needs to be better, hear me out. I hear that, but you can't run the ball at all given what you have going on. And again, the way that they handled the running back position not conducive for this offense to be better. You talk about you can. I agree the concepts, passing concepts and stuff are not creative. They're not what you would expect. But we also have to consider where the offensive line is and a lot of this stuff is not working because you can't run the ball. So I to that say, this could have been handled better by the front office and the way that they went about attacking free agency and things of that nature. They waited too long. Now they're in a position to where they have to work with what they got, and you're right, Jazz, they're not going to there's finger pointing, but it's not really finger pointing. They really I think they can't say what they really want to say.
Speaker 4: I think some of them have said what they really want.
Speaker 6: What they really want to say, especially when it comes to.
Speaker 5: On the offensive side of the ball, the scheme and the black thereof because.
Speaker 6: But this is a scheme they were under last year. They were under the scheme line year.
Speaker 2: But you can only do so much with your run game if the offensive line isn't holding up. Last year what I think it was, it was a personnel problem with Tony Pollard is still coming back from a leg injury, and the scheme was not trying to get the run game going until what week ten, And there's things you can do late in the season, and they're.
Speaker 5: Not doing things particularly to help with And this is my problem with the offensive line stuff. There are other teams in the NFL that don't have this offensive line. Even so, just from a name standpoint, and I hear you, I understand Cooper Bebe's a rookie. I understand Tyler Guidan's a rookie and they're still learning. I understand that Tan Steel isn't playing the best football. I feel like we've seen better, We've seen offensive lines get it done with less. I'm not sure the play caller is helping fit what you are able to do with this offensive line right now. And so the lack of run game, it's the These are the two things you came out of the playoffs saying we can't run the ball, we can't stop the run. What did you do in the off season to make you feel like you could do that?
Speaker 7: So crazy thing is if you were to ask the powers that be, they would probably say like, oh, well, we did make moves.
Speaker 4: You brought in this guy when we drafted it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's like it's it's inadequate though, And that also makes me wonder where's the evaluation, because, like you said, what if some of these guys can't do their jobs or what if the guys that they're bringing in aren't the guys who they need to get the jobs done that need to be done. But who was it that's saying like, Okay, I actually have seen this person execute X Y Z or this is what this person needs to work on. We hear a lot about guys working on these things by themselves in the off season, but when it comes to okay, who is actually pointing out the shortcomings?
Speaker 6: Well, but how.
Speaker 2: Much can you really do that if you don't have the depth in certain pieces to even like find a solution if they're not adequate enough for that.
Speaker 7: And that's what we're talking about the off season as well, like when you're even when you're evaluating the people that you're bringing in and the sense of urgency that that should be applied to these positions, there.
Speaker 5: Also is a stubbornness also too with respect and I mean it just is what it is. Is like Cowboys hired I don't know, remember last year. I don't know if you were here yet, they hired all these analytics people.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, they've been doing that every year.
Speaker 5: They are going against analytics and you can tell that in the way they play and their inability to adapt to the trends of the NFL is what's driving me the most bonkers.
Speaker 3: Well, that's actually funny because remember when I think this was when I came in and you're starting to see the success of motion and other offenses have success with that. Then the Cowboys started implementing that a little bit. So it's like, I feel like we're just behind the eight ball, always, always, that's the issue. Then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my thing too is you even go back to last year when yes, you're still having the same problems, but you were under different coach, a DC I should say, uh back then. And and what I think was kind of underestimated was what a transition it would be from dan Quinn to myke Gimmer for these guys emotional from the way that he coaches and how he runs things, it is night and day. And I'm I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but what I am saying is when you're used to a dan Quinn who was pretty much like the fun uncle as we would call him, to the Zimmer, that's like, do what you need to do. You're not going to guess what you don't get snapcounts anymore. Like I don't care, no excuses. It's a very different feeling and I feel like for them and I'm not making excuses. I'm just this is what I've picked up on. It's a very different anxiety that they're playing with, which is why I feel like you're seeing this hero ball topic being brought up so much because they feel like they have to overcompensate and make the big plays to show off so that way they're not getting punished in ways that they know Zimmer will, which is, hey, you don't want to do anything, sit down then, So I don't feel like Dan would.
Speaker 5: Do that now I think the I didn't think. I think the trickle down effect of the lack of good DT play is killing.
Speaker 2: You well and and only, and we said this earlier this week, but just blaming that for the defensive woes, it's it's getting old.
Speaker 6: It is it stacks are true.
Speaker 7: The same down effect, but it's a trickle down effect that's making people think they have to overcompensate and they not doing their jobs because they're trying to overcompensate.
Speaker 2: Like it starts there, but then the web continues to grow because of it. So it's not just that that's an issue. And I feel like everyone's been so fixated on like DT DT DT. Yes it's important, but like it's trickling into other things that are just not going well.
Speaker 7: It's almost like all these things are like multiple diseases with a common symptom, which is like losing.
Speaker 6: I don't look at I don't want that.
Speaker 2: Let's say that they around that one.
Speaker 6: Let's say that they fix all these things right.
Speaker 3: Let's say they go on a Thursday, they stop in the run, they run the ball effectively.
Speaker 6: Don't drink the colon, and all the things.
Speaker 3: That you know they had struggles with the first three weeks. Will win Thursday against the Giants.
Speaker 4: Me much like what the losses. It will depend on how they win.
Speaker 7: Like with the losses, we had to kind of look at it, break it down and be like, Okay, what is going on? And I think it's going to be the same thing with the win. A lot of people are predicting the Cowboys will win by somewhere between a field goal and a touchdown. I think the last prediction that I heard from people who do all that number of stuff that we're not allowed to do, it was five and a half points, right, So that's that's what people are expecting. Even considering how the Giants have struggled, They're looking at how the Cowboys are struggling to be like, yeah, the Cowboys will win, but.
Speaker 4: Not by much.
Speaker 7: So if they are able to go out and win by more than that, that might say a little bit of something. Will it be something that I'm like celebrating, like, oh yeah, it went like no, but if we go out there and we see the defensive line do a little bit better in their alignment, if we see them actually do a little bit better in the run game, I feel like that'll be like, Okay, they're trending in this direction. So there's there will still be a lot of questions to be answered regardless, But it's kind of like when you're looking at a stock and you might not know how much money that company is going to make at the end of a quarter, but you can look at that line and be like, oh, is it trending up or is it trending down?
Speaker 4: Is the same flat?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 7: That's what I don't know what they looking for, Like where are we improving? Because like, yeah, there's areas where this offense is trending down in ways that we don't normally expect, Like we I've gotten so used to saying, yeah, Dak Prescott is great against the blitz, Dak Prescott is get great at tight window throws.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 7: When I started looking at the numbers, I was just like, is this the bizarre world cowboys? What's going on?
Speaker 5: They literally statistically do everything better. Yeah, on defense and offense. Yeah, right right now the Giants Giants.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, to answer your question, I think it could put you with the starting line to be better. I don't think it necessarily is your end all be all fixed. Because here's the thing about this kind of game, too, is when I was looking back at everything, and you know me former weather forecaster, I have to check the weather for this game. There's rain in the forecast. What does rain game tell me? Run game? So guess what's gonna be tested? Two of your downfalls on both sides of the ball here. So you know what, if they win and the run game gets going, all is well with that the run defense holds up. Cool, You're at the starting line for fixing your problem. They'll be consistent with it for the next however, many weeks like it doesn't solve it, but it shows that they're capable of doing it. And it doesn't matter if it's against the Giants, it doesn't matter who it's against. It's proving to yourself, I am capable of overcoming these problems that we have had. Now you just have to continue to find ways to do it against different opponents.
Speaker 5: I have this offensive line plays oh no, go ahead, great, no go The way that the offensive line plays against this Giants defensive line will tell you something. So this Giants defensive line does have some players on it, some talented players on it, and how they're able to handle them and also deal with picking up some of their blitz packages and stuff will be telling as well. And as far as the defense goes, like, yeah, they're not particularly good at running the ball like the Giants, but they will and they'll do it in different ways. And they also will do some rpo things with Daniel Jones, which is giving you some trouble obviously this last couple of weeks. So it's like you will be able to take some information from the game, but they need to me I said it yesterday. I think that this needs to be a confidence building Okay, wet we put some good film out there, we can do certain things like that type of energy, like they need to just be trying to take some positives from the game.
Speaker 3: All eyes will be on MetLife Stadium on Thursday night, and we're gonna be breaking it all down right here on Girls Talk Boys Talk Up next stick with us here and the SABC study on Girls Talk, Boys Talk will be right back.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettus, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 2: Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 11: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home. But to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 6: That's why we.
Speaker 11: Created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality course ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dicky's Barbecue Pit No One out smokes us. Order at Dicky's dot Com for groups called eight sixty six. Barberque lives on the Ribs.
Speaker 2: Shop at the Star in Frisco On Saturday, September twenty eighth, from ten am to four pm at Flea Style's Market at the Star presented by Maker Place by Michaels, featuring fifty plus local makers offering art fashion, Home to Cort jewelry and kids items marked at the Star is.
Speaker 5: Always a favorite.
Speaker 2: Admission is free, so for more info, visits uh the Star District dot com and it will be.
Speaker 5: There waiting for you. So yeah, go, I.
Speaker 3: Love that Twitter needs to be.
Speaker 6: It was picture.
Speaker 5: They showed me how fast you be leaving work, and it's a picture.
Speaker 2: Of America sick.
Speaker 6: And I was trying to hold it together.
Speaker 5: I was trying to see any reports that came out in that cablecross. I'm sorry, y'all, I'm done.
Speaker 6: Oh hurt me? Okay, what concerned y'all?
Speaker 3: Concerns y'all the most about this Giants defense because they had some success, a lot of success.
Speaker 2: We did get the report, by the way, Oh that's what I was looking for.
Speaker 6: Girl like girl. Sorry, real fast O.
Speaker 4: Can't read this.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: Today who doubtful?
Speaker 3: Marquise Bell and Kaitlin Carson are doubtful. And then for your New York Giants, A Dori Jackson game status is out, Drew Phillips is out, and Darius Slayton is questionable. So Dexter Lawrence is good.
Speaker 5: And you threw us some loopholes because McLeod and Banks were the ones that were that. We're saying we're injured, but now the backups are injured.
Speaker 6: Back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all trying to play with us. They're playing game.
Speaker 4: Probably they are playing games a little bit.
Speaker 5: Why would you say that the two starters was iffy and now the backups is the ones that's hurt.
Speaker 2: Disgrace, they said, Doctor Street.
Speaker 5: And watch The Lion King too, and see that movie one.
Speaker 6: I think you're on your own, sister, y'all on your own. Y'all have hurt me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Even if like Disney adult can't figure it out, that's bad.
Speaker 5: Y'all don't know, y'all don't watch The Lion King too as a child.
Speaker 6: Jessey, I know you watched it. I know you watched it. Yes, did you watch The Lion King?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: She said, no, I'm.
Speaker 5: I'm a senior of citizens.
Speaker 6: Oh goodness, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, geriatric over here.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies, what concerns you the most about this giant defense that you've seen on a Sunday against the Browns.
Speaker 6: What do you feel like.
Speaker 3: The big will be the biggest challenge challenge for this Cowboys offense.
Speaker 4: The biggest challenge will quite literally be next to one.
Speaker 6: Literally quite literally big.
Speaker 7: So honestly, the what he's been doing for the rest of the defense, combined with some of the unexpected trends of Shane Bowen together is what scares me because like Dexter Lawrence, like uh, I hadn't really been paying attention to the Giants on paper, I was like one pressure, okay, but then I saw that he.
Speaker 4: Gets double team fifty six percent of the time.
Speaker 7: So that's where a lot of the success of the defense is coming from, is the fact that he's demanding so much attention. It's just opening up opportunities for guys to make plays. And so I yes, that's what inspired Shane Bowen to just all of a sudden fall in love with the blitz, because why not just put a little bit extra stress on the opposing offensive line. So the fact that they've been blitzing at such a high rate forty three percent of drop backs is how often they've been blitzing this season, combined with the fact that dex and Larrens demands so much attention and our offensive line has already been struggling. Even when they get help, sometimes it doesn't really look that pretty. So that's that's the part that's really got me a little bit concerned. When it comes to out they're going to handle it.
Speaker 3: And when you talk about the interior defense, little stat for you, the Giants rushing defense has been better on the interior with allowed a thirty eight point two percent success rate on design Russians rushes between the tackles that's eleventh in the NFL, compared to a forty three point three percent on the outside tackles, which is twenty four cause.
Speaker 4: A ham out, yeah, and then our offense.
Speaker 5: Its so big. But she made all the points about the defensive line. Uh, but also too, I mean, just in general, it sounds like you just mentioned it's gonna be raining your inability to run the ball and then being able to Again, they're not amazing stopping the run the interior they are, but that's that might be have to be a lot of what you do offensively given what the weather is gonna be. But also too as far as as far as Burns and Thibodeau, if you do gotta pass the ball, I mean, with the way these tackles have played, like I'm nervous about. These guys are lengthy, they got long arms, they can go speed to power.
Speaker 6: They gotta.
Speaker 5: Both of them have different tool tools in their toolbox. I really want Dak to get some time to take advantage of maybe some of the deficiencies they have in the secondary. But if you can't block it up, then you can't do it. So and more than anything, Yeah, their defensive line clearly is the strongest unit that they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what they're going to try to do is trap Dak in the pocket because they know they handle him if he starts scrambling. So what they're going to try to do is minimize that pocket as quickly as possible. Something that I think is going kind of under the radar for the Giants is there, I guess, efficiency in the red zone. Specifically, they're tied for seventh best. They've allowed thirty three point three of their opponents in the red zone to get opportunities to score, which is pretty low. And seeing how the Cowboys have struggled in the red zone these last three weeks now, it is worrisome because you cannot continue to rely on Brandon Aubrey, especially in a rain game. That's not something that's going to be as clutch as it usually is for you because of your red zone woes. So for me, when I'm looking at this game, I'm looking at you better get it together in the red zone. And I know it's more compact in the red zone. That's why the issues are there. But again, you find your red zone target, you're gonna have a Jake Ferguson in which obviously helps you a lot. Hopefully you get this running game going, Ezekiel Elliott. Here we go Zeke in the red zone. Nothing new, But to me, I'm looking at that red zone efficiency for the Cowboys in this game.
Speaker 5: What would be.
Speaker 3: The best way to attack this Giants defense? Because you mentioned that the defensive line is obviously the strongest room on that defense. So is this an opportunity for maybe Dak and CD to finally have that chemistry show up on film.
Speaker 5: The way that I would attack them, I think that their linebackers are I think their linebackers do well in playing the run and coming downhill. However, you can do some things with them in coverage. We saw Jake Ferguson had some success against even some of the better linebackers in NFL. So I just think that being able to attack there, there still should be opportunities there with McLeod and banks banks the corner of Deontay Banks that they have. He's dealing with some type of injury, if I'm not mistaken, but I think he's gonna go. Was he limited today? I'm sorry, Oh yeah, but he's dealing with something. I think we'll see them try to attack there as well. But more than anything as far as their defensive line goes, is clearly you wouldn't want to run in between the tackles because that's where their success success is. Now, there's why.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys like they don't know how to attack the edges, like running in between the tackles like all they do and it's not and they're not good at it.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you're right.
Speaker 5: But the thing is also too, I think it's because your tackles are not Maybe they don't have to take that. Maybe they don't have faith that the tackles can get out in space and do the right thing. But it's like, but you can still pull your guards, like you can still do those things. So it's like the Cowboys do need to figure out ways to run the ball on the move. I mean, we know. I hate to mention screens because they're just non existent. They are a ghosts. But that is a way that you counter a defensive line like this that is aggressive, that is fast, and you kind of try to tire these guys out, you know, because they get a lot of push and power from Chapman and Lawrence. If you can wear those guys down a little bit as the game goes on, you should see things open up for you. But it's it's contingent on how they decide to run the ball. I would love to see a toss or two. You can run at Thibodeau. He's not he's he'll he won't, he'll stop the run, but he's not consistent in his ability to stop the run. I wouldn't be trying to go see bron Burns.
Speaker 2: Well. Right now, they're averaging about five yards on the ground per Carrie. The Giants run defenses, and really what they what they struggle with is they have trouble forcing running backs to run on the outside of them because they know they can run right through them. So to your point, if you just look him straight in the eye, go for it. It can actually work in this game. So a ric o'dowdell game couldn't be far off, because that seems to kind of be where they're trying to put Rico, Dowdle even deduce Vaughan package or two in there. Something I wanted to mention too, is how much I have noticed the Giants struggling with tackling. That's something that we've talked about on the Cowboys side of the ball a lot. But they have missed thirteen tackles over three games, so that's about four per game on average.
Speaker 4: In the run.
Speaker 2: This is their run defense specifically, they struggle with that. So per pff I was saying, I was reading, where was this? I lost my notes. I'm not even gonna try to say his name. I think it SPOTTYO.
Speaker 6: How do you say?
Speaker 2: How do you say that name? I practiced it earlier and I can't read my own handwriting. Just cark' Is that how you say it?
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I know I didn't spell it right on here.
Speaker 6: I know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Anyways, he's he's your leading miss tackler on the run. So if you run right at him, he's not going to tackle you. You're going to slip right through. So a guy like Rico, who's very angry runner anyways, Yeah, that's the linebacker that's kind where I'm at.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah, that's he can take some bad angles.
Speaker 2: Yeah he Once you miss, once he misses, you're done. Like you can pretty much go down. So to me, this isn't necessarily about a Dak and CD game. It's more about getting your running backs the confidence to continue to get through the rest of the season because they can have a good game at this game, I.
Speaker 4: Think variety is going to be the answer.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say it's gonna be an opportunity for Dak and CD to have a big game, more like a necessity in the sense that when they do connect, it's gonna be more important for them to actually make those connections work. So hopefully they worked out whatever kinks were going on last week. But speaking of last week, you know a lot of people were looking for positives from what happened late in the game the comeback, and I would say one of the best things that happened was that you saw twelve different people get receptions from Dak Prescott, which is good. And so I was looking at this particular stat it said the Cowboys have used eight different offensive groupings this season, tied for second most in the NFL, and I feel like if they can get that going, it'll give them some more options and not make defenses feel so comfortable just being like we're just gonna put three people on CD LAMB and then just wait for y'all to make a mistake. Like they're gonna have to actually think a little bit more once they know that, hey, we can get multiple people involved. Also, something I thought was interesting, the Cowboys have used zero type plays at the second highest rate, one of just two teams to use such personnel.
Speaker 4: Over five plays.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys have also used two plus running backs on eighteen point nine percent of plates, And I'm just like, but the running backs ain't getting no carry, so like what are they doing? You know? So it's like you're seeing like all these players get snaps, You're seeing running backs out there. They're doing this weird zero tight end thing. And I think it's time to go back to what Mike McCarthy promises last season, which is play called purpose. So like, yes, keep getting these people involved, but like let's put some purpose behind it. And I feel like that's going to be the answer not only for this game, but moving forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you mentioned the personnel groupings. One thing that I would like to see is a little bit more stacked formations. And when I say that, I mean like, yeah, three linebackers lined up, you know, the line linebackers, three receivers lined up on one side of the line, like call some conflict.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 5: You know, this secondary is still fairly young, so you put them in positions where they have to think, make them have to fight through trash, if you can't pass the ball off the water, if if it's not raining too much. There are things that they can do. Everything that a lot of that they're doing is stagnant and it's just really relying on these receivers to get open really on their own. Do some things to kind of get them some spacing, do some things to make guys have to think on the other side of the ball. So it's like that that's another thing that I'm looking for. But I'll be surprised though. The Giants. They I think it's because of some of the injuries they're dealing with, because they've.
Speaker 4: Been banged up.
Speaker 5: A lot of guys have been banged up. They're running a lot of zone they're not trying to run in like that, so there will be windows there. But again, depending on how many people like depending on if you can't run the ball, they're going to do the same thing that other people do to you. It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter that they don't have great personnel. It's still as effective if you're not doing anything to change it, or if you're not doing anything as far as running the ball to make people have to get out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you talk about this, I'm sorry, go ahead, you talk about the stack formations. That's something that you saw with that Brandon Cook's touchdown one three wide receivers lined up on the left side left.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think that would be actually something creative to do.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry on that point.
Speaker 7: Thibodeau, who historically does do a lot for the Giants defense, has actually had a quiet season so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And when he was asked about why that was a lot of people, a lot of people associate him and Burns together like as a tandem, and he said that the reason why that wasn't really working out the same way this season was because he was experiencing.
Speaker 4: A lot of chipping and a lot of two man routes.
Speaker 5: Oh that's but that's that lets him know he's developed.
Speaker 7: It is it is to him at least so that I thought about that. When you were talking about different things the Cowboys could do with their receivers to kind of trip them up a little bit. I'm like Thibodel has pretty much said out loud like, yeah, this is a problem.
Speaker 3: So Arlie's We're gonna take our second break, and I'm next to playing a little game.
Speaker 4: We love games on here.
Speaker 6: All right, We'll be right back. Cowboys Nation, on Girls, star Boys talk.
Speaker 3: Was anybody Jake saw the referred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys will being back.
Speaker 8: The Dickey family always mandated that the only polled A style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality, coarse ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey's sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue Pit. No one out smokes us. Order at Dickie's dot com for groups called eight six y six barber Cuteys on the ribs.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 2: Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's Yang.
Speaker 10: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foutopia.
Speaker 2: Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 11: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that six spring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys. That's how the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys are in the Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 6: Okay that.
Speaker 2: I just talked to you. I can't look at you. Okay, no me gas?
Speaker 4: Can we get past the next forty eight hours?
Speaker 3: First, all right, ladies, you guy, I'm gonna give y'all two names, and then y'all decide. Okay, you got Moleague neighbors, Trayvon Diggs, Do.
Speaker 4: You want to be petty today?
Speaker 7: You want to start honestly, honestly, so I'm done making predictions.
Speaker 4: So this is not a take, This is not a prediction.
Speaker 7: This is just an evaluation of personalities. I really do believe that Trayvon Diggs is kicking himself over like what was essentially one play last week. But like you know, he went on Twitter and was like, yeah, I gave that guy too much cushion. I feel like he's gonna feel a lot of pressure on himself to make up for that. And so I am I'm gonna pass the mic because I.
Speaker 5: Feel like, because you said something really good earlier in the show about alignments, Oh yes, he couldn't make that.
Speaker 2: Play from the alignment that that's true, fantastic.
Speaker 5: And if you can't, the fact that he was close lets you know his athleticism is through the roof. But I'm just gonna go that's.
Speaker 6: All I say.
Speaker 5: Like you, he probably kicking hisself kind of what's so? But I agree with you though. I was just saying you made a good point earlier in the show about alignments.
Speaker 7: And I mean I didn't make that specific point that I said, like something simil learn so many words on Twitter where I was just I was hoping that he wasn't putting it all on himself, and he might be, but he just seems like the type of player to be, like, I have to make up for that, and I feel like he will spend four quarters trying to make up for that, and he will do everything in his power to make the league neighbor's life hill.
Speaker 5: And he liked picking, He like picking.
Speaker 4: Does it seems like they have some like personal beef going.
Speaker 6: On a little bit, just a little friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm gonna go Tray and piggybacking off of that too. I just feel like the last three weeks he's been frustrated with with how the defense is played as a whole. But the kind of person Tray is is he's a perfectionist. Like to the fullest extent of a perfectionist. It is Trayvon Diggs like he is his worst critic. He's so hard on himself, and so I feel like these last three weeks, especially when you're coming back, Deuron lane goes down. You don't have that you're that guy, You've always been that guy. But you're turning back from injury. You're kind of chomping at the bit to get back production hasn't been great to where you don't get your opportunities. Could have your opportunities now if you run defense does what they need to do. I'm gonna go Tray. I'm gonna give this one to Tray because Trey Trey deserves it. I'm gonna give it to Tray. And maybe I'm being a little homer with that answer, but honestly, like, there's nothing I want more than Trayvon Diggs to set that tone and be like, look, we're kicking some a today, like we're not taking this anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with Trayvon Diggs. And it's mostly because of the inaccuracy of Daniel Jones, but then also too, I will say that there are plenty of times we're not gonna see Trayvon on him on Oh my God, because they are moving him around. Yeah, They're trying to find favorable matchups with him. That's why he's, you know, playing the way he's playing.
Speaker 2: So do you think he'll be more my Uh, well, presumably if Kaylen Carson's.
Speaker 5: Not in Oh, they gonna put him up. But I think that Jalen Hyde is like they might try to take advantage of just throwing the ball down field. I mean, just honestly, just because Booth has struggled with that, they're probably gonna catch win today. They may not be able to change. No, they might not, but they might have been able. They might have been going at like Kaylyn Carson from the start, but like, yeah, they have their game plan in place.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Trayvon Diggs. But what Trayvon is gonna have to do is lay tackle because this molite Neighbors guy can do a lot with the rock in his hands and the accability and things he can do after the catch. So yeah, I'll go with Trayvon Dickson.
Speaker 6: Real fast, lads, before we wrap things up.
Speaker 5: I gave her score prediction yesterday and.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not doing no what'd you say?
Speaker 3: Mine was twenty one seventeen Giants.
Speaker 5: I don't remember what else. I don't want the Giants to win.
Speaker 6: That's not what I was saying.
Speaker 2: But I think you're doing that thing where you're like for the opponent, reverse psychology, but also to.
Speaker 5: The same way that people the same way that people are like we like it's just the Giants they would respect. People could be like, it's just the Cowboys right now, we'll talk what.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I know I've been debating how I feel about the final outcome because I just I have a feeling like Daniel Jones is just gonna try to He's gonna try to run a lot. So far this year, he's got like the fourth most yards from quarterback carries out of all the qbats in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I'm surely not playing as bad as people want to give.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he and given what he's working with, he's not I.
Speaker 7: Feel like him with him feeling himself and what he can do with his feet this season, he's gonna be like, man, these dudes, they're not tackling well, they're not stopping to run anyway. I'm a I'm an rpo them to death.
Speaker 6: I would love.
Speaker 4: That's the second scariest thing, by the way, but I muna still say seventeen who seventeen ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also a rain game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 7: I'm not confident. I'm not confident. I'm not confident, but I am hopeful.
Speaker 2: Oh look we're over time. I don't have to give a score.
Speaker 3: Protect girl. We got time. Mm hmm yep, we do. We're gonna stay over until you give me this score prediction.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, what you got? What you got?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna say twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what.
Speaker 2: I don't know f word, And I amaze well I say that because on a short week, after the last two weeks.
Speaker 5: It's just so, it's just I'll be tired.
Speaker 2: I want them to pull it out of themselves, to be like, look, here's my fight. We win this game, let's move on, kind of start to change the narrative. But that's really hard to do on a regular week. It's not going to be solved in a regular week, much less a short week. You know what, I'm gonna give it to the cab Boys. I'm gonna give it to the Cowboys, and I'm really hoping. I don't regret that.
Speaker 3: No Friday, I picked them too, but hey, I want them to turn things around.
Speaker 5: I cannot believe this has happened to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't be were actually like, I don't know, this is sick.
Speaker 2: Taking in our boots. Hopefully rain boots.
Speaker 3: They prove everybody wrong, and hopefully the Cowboys come back with to win on Friday.
Speaker 6: Because baby if they don't, we about that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a lot of fun on Friday.
Speaker 6: Yes, no matter what, No matter what, I'll have fun.
Speaker 5: Look, have an extra session with out there please.
Speaker 6: You might want to.
Speaker 2: You might want to schedule that in case the stress.
Speaker 3: All right, well this was a lot of fun, ladies. Y'all will be back here on Friday. I will be back here on Monday, ladies, and I.
Speaker 4: Will be back here on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yes, make sure to tune in on Friday at three pm. Girls Talk, Boys Talk will be back here in the SWBC studio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboy