Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today. Here's the Brooklyn Mouse that had been away.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: People have so much to see, right though. Their name is a brilliant sker. The Boys. Yeah, it's The Brooklyn Boys Podcast, episode number three thirty four.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us again.
Speaker 1: Thank you for giving us another chance after you promised yourself you'd never listen to another episode again.
Speaker 2: Because nobody said that.
Speaker 1: There's got to be one person who said, I'm done with them, I'm done.
Speaker 3: With gall Well, there's definitely people who say that, you know, but that's because you say stuff that defends people.
Speaker 1: That it's all me right, always me, uh uh huh Wow, I'm bat for vacation, Brody Case, you have a nuggative always you.
Speaker 3: You're back from vacation. I'm back from not being on vacation. But that's okay, it's all right. Scary when did you what exotic location and what guys in beds did you sleep with?
Speaker 1: Well we may get to it next, but I was went to Tenerif in the Canary Islands.
Speaker 2: Is that next to niner Reef.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because it's owned by Spain. It's an island of Spain. But The location is one hundred and eighty miles west of Africa, Morocco to be exact. So it's basically off the coast of Africa. But it's owned by Spain. So everyone speaks Spanish and I gotta say it's it's the Caribbean of Europe.
Speaker 2: It's basically and it was mainly British.
Speaker 1: Oh whoa, how is it.
Speaker 3: The Caribbean of Europe if it's off the coast of Africa, you dumbass, No, no, no, no, because.
Speaker 1: If you think about it, it's not Europe.
Speaker 2: It's there. I'm making an analogy.
Speaker 1: It is, well, it's it's technically the continent of Europe, even though it's the coast of Africa. Africa is a continent, right, but it's considered part of Europe because it's owned by it's owned by Spain, but it's located off the coast Africa. What okay? Then, what continent is it considered? Very the Caribbean. Half of the countries in the Caribbean are American.
Speaker 2: Right some of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is that considered the North America or is it the Caribbean? The Caribbean? But what continent are they are part of? They're not part of a continent. They're part of the Caribbean. And we talk about the seven continents we talked about. We talk about North America, South America, Africa, Hawaii. Where's Hawaii? Is that part of a continent? You dumba it's part of North America. No, it's not. It's six hours flight off the coast of America. What are you talking about? It has to be characterized as a continent.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: No, it's an island. That's what the word island means. Hawaiian islands. It's a bunch of islands.
Speaker 2: Islands are not part of continents.
Speaker 1: Wow, Australia is Okay, Australia is an.
Speaker 2: Island and a country and a continent.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: The only continent that's an island.
Speaker 3: Hey, scare you know out the soda right next to your hamburger is not part of the burger.
Speaker 2: It's so don't part of the plate. It's not part of the plate.
Speaker 1: Growing plain school, I was told that there's there's anti Antarctica, there's Europe, there's Asia, there's North America, there's South America, and there's Australia. And what's the seventh one. There was a seventh Africa. Africa, right, Africa, those are the seven continents, So the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa, right, But they're not the European it's not European.
Speaker 2: It's not the European.
Speaker 3: You want to say it has a European vibe because it's owned by Spain, that's fine, but it's not the European Caribbean.
Speaker 1: No, but that that was an analogy to paint a picture in a broad stroke for one.
Speaker 2: No, an analogy.
Speaker 1: No, My analogy was that to paint the picture for most people who've never really heard of it or never been there. The Canary Islands, it's the Caribbean of Europe because of the way we treat the Caribbean, the way we do. We fly to the Caribbean. I'm making an analogy that we fly to the Caribbean here. The tropical island visa is like a a is a European island. Yes, No, you're being too literal at this point. Just say it's it has a Spanish vibe island. That's it, I'm saying. Compared to the to the the people of Britain, Okay, it's the UK's Florida.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Because people in hold on, because people in in in Great Britain, you know, England and Ireland. They traveled there three hours on these direct flights to get to the Canary Islands.
Speaker 2: So the way we as.
Speaker 1: Northeasterners treat Florida, they the British and the Irish treat the Canary Islands. Now that's saying it's it's it's it's Europe's vacation spot. It's a European vacation spot. But as far as the goes, yeah, it's it can't. Islands are not part of continents. You crushing on islands. I cannot believe this. Hold on.
Speaker 2: If you're a part of an island, you're not part of a continent.
Speaker 1: You're an island.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point of being an island.
Speaker 1: But they have to be part of a classification. Everything in the world has to be under the classification of a continent. No, they do not. It's an island, that's the classification. It's an island. Hawaii is six hours away by plane. Do you know how far that is? I mean miles that is Hawaii. Hawaii is not part of North America, It's part of a volcanic eruption that formed islands, which, by the way, the Canary Islands, they look a lot like Hawaii because of it's very rocky and it's a lot of volcanic ash and there's a lot of volcanoes there. So, yes, here is Cuba part of North America? Uh?
Speaker 3: Are they part of South America? They're part of the South countries are part of North America. North America has three countries.
Speaker 1: They have yeah they yeah, we have we have Canada, we have uh right, the United States, and we have Mexico. Right.
Speaker 3: So, Kiba is an island right off the coast. It's so close it must be part of the continent.
Speaker 1: But it's not. It's an island country, all right, Okay, Okay, they're killing my vibe. Are the Bahamas scary? The Bahamas are right off the coast of Florida. We're not even part of North America, not even ten minutes ten Yeah, I know, but they should be part of something.
Speaker 2: They've got to be part of something.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're part of the Bahama, the Bahaman Islands, that's what they're part of. Okay, this is the Canary Islands. They just live alone. They're not even part of Africa. Even though they're close close by.
Speaker 2: Right, they're not part of Africa.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just thought that. I thought, because they're owned by Spain, they are by definition part of Europe.
Speaker 3: But I guess that's not part of our They're not part of the continent. You said continent. They're not part of the continent of Europe.
Speaker 2: But Europe is a continent.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 2: Have you been to Saint John.
Speaker 1: It's an island, yeah, owned by America? Right, Yes, Saint Thomas is a John part of North America? No?
Speaker 2: Is it part of North America?
Speaker 1: No? Not even in its Okay, all right, man, okay, you kill ready to you're ready to move.
Speaker 2: I want to keep the no.
Speaker 1: No, man, I don't know. Man, you're stretching out for the hell you grew up.
Speaker 2: But you grew up in my neighborhood, so.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I need a vacation now, the vacation. Yeah, yeah, you worked so hard for fifteen minutes crushing me here, crushing me. But I mean we grew up ten minutes apart. But I went to a different school. I went to a different public school school, and you did. We went to the which grammar school? You went to? Two?
Speaker 2: Four kids splices. Don't send your kids bized what.
Speaker 1: About I went both went to Mark Twain. There was some geography there. We learned to go to the same junior high school. We went to different high schools. Yeah, at the same college. Well yeah, all right, so yeah, in a nutshell, I highly good, ladies, I highly recommend for Americans to visit the Canary Islands. I stayed on the island of tener Reef. There's also palm Us and there's and a bunch of other ones all nearby each other. But I stayed on tener Reef, and there's a lot of fun. There's a lot of drinking, a lot of partying, the beautiful weather. And that's why I went there, Brodie is because this part of the world, in this part of Europe, I'm gonna call it, for lack of a better word, is the warmest. Just say this part of this island, just say this is warm and pleasant this time of year. Because I looked up late April and it said tana Reef is the perfect place the Canary Islands. So and you know, they also have a lot of things to see, which I didn't see because I'm not a sightseer, and I'm certainly not a mountain climber or a or a hiker, but if you're a nature person, apparently these islands are are for you. There's so much to see, so much beauty.
Speaker 2: I saw none of it.
Speaker 1: I saw the inside of the Riz Carlton and the the hard Rock.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, but we'll get to that later. I guess we have some I guess we'll get to that. I don't know. I don't want to talk about my vacation the whole time, but you do. I'd like to hear about your vacation, all the bars and the pools and the well, you know, I'll just say this all right, not a sponsor. I hung out a little bit at the hard Rock Hotel. That was an all inclusive Brody, that one's for you because they have they had some great food, awesome you know, relaxation, and you didn't have to pay for.
Speaker 2: Anything because it was all included. I know, you are right.
Speaker 1: And then we got the opportunity to stay at the Rich Carlton and we Tall, Darren and I had a great time there. It was just a beautiful property. Did you share a bed with Tall down at some point at the hard Rock. We did not at Riz Carlton, the Ritz Carlton. We were able to get our own beds, which was which was amazing.
Speaker 3: But why would you stay at the hard Rock if you had to share a bed with tall darn?
Speaker 1: Because it was it was a you know, the deal was the deal. It was a it was a good deal. We could it was a bargain we couldn't pass up, all right, you know. But but anyway, the food at the Rich Carlton was next level. They have all these restaurants. You never even have to leave there. It was just beautiful. I highly recommend it if you're an American. Or how long was the across the Atlantic? That is the beauty of what I didn't even tell you. Most Americans don't realize it, but they offer United Airlines, not a sponsor, offers direct NonStop flights to UH to taner Reef.
Speaker 2: You google it and so on Sunday.
Speaker 1: My flight was at noon in tanar Reef and I got off my plane at three pm in Newark, three hours later. But it's basically eight hours because I got my time back because you're traveling.
Speaker 2: From but it's still you on the plane eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I watched Wicked, and I watched a complete unknown sleep except for an hour, had a meal, and I was home. I gotta say it was really a convenient I mean a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people convenient a lot of people.
Speaker 1: No, yes, it is convenient because a lot of people are deterred from having to make connections. But a lot of people don't realize that's why. That's why you're Britain and uh An, Ireland liked to vacation there because there's a lot of direct front flights the same way we This was my comparison. I go to the we go to the Caribbean here because they have direct flights to a Ruba and the Bahamas. We should consider going to tenor Reef because it's a direct flight from New York. But it's eight hours three hours of New York. I know, but it does matter, don't Yeah, but Brody, don't, don't poopoo in my cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: I'm letting you know that. It's I appreciate you letting me.
Speaker 1: For people that like to get on one plane and go to the destination, it is the ultimate. That's I go to Bermuda, all right, you go to Bermuda. I'll go back to tana Reef. How about that I go to Jersey. Sure, I got a beach right there. Yeah, okay, because because it compares just perfectly.
Speaker 3: Although I have to I have to say on a Friday in the summer, driving down the Jersey Shore, the flight to the flight to the was the Canary Islands.
Speaker 1: My Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: I mean, for those of you who don't live in this area, if you live in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia area, you know the Pennsylvania area, you understand the Jersey Shore that I mentioned before the commercial break.
Speaker 2: You have to plan your life whether you're going to the beach or not.
Speaker 3: Like my cousin lives southwest of me, so I have to like go well, She's like, oh, you want to be plans on a Friday.
Speaker 2: I go, well, I got to check the traffic because.
Speaker 3: If anyone's going anywhere near any parkways that go to you to get to the you know, the parkways to go to the beach, I'm not coming to you.
Speaker 1: I gotta time it. So you got to come to me. You gotta come north, because no one's traveling north. The whole the all of New Jersey, the whole focus is is traveling to the shore it is. Yeah, it's getting back is chaos. Yeah, bag is chaos.
Speaker 3: There are enough lanes in the turnpike, in the Garden State Parkway, the unit does like six lanes, eight lanes whatever.
Speaker 2: It is not enough lanes.
Speaker 1: You know what. It's even worse than that is trying to go back and forth to the Hamptons or mom talk forget that. Actually I haven't done that. That's three four hours. And then well people.
Speaker 3: Take helicopters now because I don't want to do traffic.
Speaker 1: Or if God forbid, you want to go up to like New Hampshire or something, or you know, go to uh, you know one of the like like Rhode Island.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of great stuff in Newport. Forget about that.
Speaker 3: Wherever you live in the country or if you're living internationally listening to us internationally, there's a place it's the lake whatever, it's the town pool, whatever it is that everybody backs up traffic. To imagine that in one of the most densely populated areas of the country. Yeah, everybody wanting to go to the same and then look, the Jersey Show has a lot of beaches. It's the fact that they're all in the same direction.
Speaker 1: Everything have to go that way. You have to do that way.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going.
Speaker 1: If you're in Philly, you're all going east northeast, and if you're in Jersey, they're all going south southeast or whatever. But it's all that way. It's not like you can go go some beaches in the west. Nope, they're all over there by the water. At least if they were scattered, they'd be less traffic because people will be scrambling everywhere. But everyone's got to go to the same direction, right, everybody lived nobody. The majority of people don't live west of the beach. The majority of people live north or southwest in Philly, So everyone's going in the same two directions, right, And it's just it's crazy. And if you're not going to the beach, he's like you feel like yelling, Hey, I'm not going to the beach, scout.
Speaker 2: On my way.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to It's physically impossible to live east of the beach, because that is the beach. Is the east eastern the beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they need to build a a I'm not going to the fucking beach parkway where it goes up like you're like two stories up and you can't get off. You just get on it and you promise that you just want to go. I just want to go that way, but I'm not going to the beach right, and you can just go like I'm driving a Florida get on my way right. But it's a nightmare, a nightmare.
Speaker 1: It is. Can't go west to the beach unless you live in California. Then you go west to the beach.
Speaker 3: No, unless you live in Bermuda or they came into the Canary Islands and you can go west off.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So I'm getting out of town again this weekend.
Speaker 2: Brody.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not gonna affect anything that we do, but I figured I would.
Speaker 2: I would drop a.
Speaker 1: Little booge on us. Go ahead. So it's Robin's birthday, and for three months now I had planned that I would take her to Florida.
Speaker 2: So we put it on the calendar. We bought the fly man.
Speaker 1: You get to go to the Canary Islands and you take her to Florida. Well, she started a new job. That's a whole other story. She didn't so she couldn't really get away. She couldn't get away Florida, Florida, the Caribbean of South Carolina. No, so no, we wanted to do a quick something where she doesn't have to take days off from her new friggin job. It's bad enough she's taking Friday off on a brand new job, so she's taken.
Speaker 2: So I said, let's go away.
Speaker 1: For the weekend. So so, so we're going Friday Saturday, and it just so happened. So we're going to Palm Beach. Okay, we're gonna stay in Palm Beach, which is, you know, north of all the chaos and the action. And you know, people say, oh my god, Miami. You always go to Miami, you always go to Fort Lauderdale, go somewhere else. So Palm Beach is much more north of that. So we're staying there on slice time.
Speaker 2: Palm Beach sounds like a euphemism for masturbate.
Speaker 1: A little Palm Beach action. Yeah, I'm going down to Palm Beach. You know, Well, Brody, somehow my travels have found have taken me to Miami anyway, So we're we're going to going to bom Beach. And then I find out it's Formula one Racing F one weekend in my.
Speaker 2: Air, big fan, big fan of Formula not a.
Speaker 1: Big fan of a form of F one. But they're having it and all the people are going to be in Miami, so everyone's going to be there. It's got to be part of that Mayham. I didn't originally and then I found out, well I didn't find out, but Mario Carbone, who we often talk about, owner of Sadel's, Sadiles and all these restaurants, Teresi and of course the infamous Carbone. They're doing a pop up called Carbone Beach, which they've done for the last several years, and they do it Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights. Every night is another one and every night there's different celebrities there, Brody boogiest of the booge And I gotta swear.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you there?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I've never been before. I've always wanted to go.
Speaker 1: You know me. First of all, you mentioned Carbone, I'm in and because you know you do too, you mentioned a bougie party and it's a pop up on the beach for Formula one. I gotta be there and I've never been, and I've always been jealous because every night there's another special performer. I don't know who the performer is going to be for coming up, but I found my way into this because Elvis decided that he's going and he got a table at Carbone Beach. So he said, Scary. He goes, I know you're gonna be in Palm Beach, You're gonna be in the vicinity. What are you doing Friday night? And I'm like, Elvis, I'm gonna It's Robin's birthday. I'm gonna I will cancel dinner if you have something else better for me. And he said, Scary, would you and Robin like to join me at my table at Carbone Beach. So I'm like freaking out, So I go call Robin immediately and I said, Brodie. I said, Robin, I'm like, you called Hut Brody. What it's your birthday. I know it's your birthday and you could do whatever you want for your birthday. I know we're going to Carbone Beach. It's like, but Scary, I really want to go and spend time going to Carbone Beach. Robin, we got the invite Elvis, Elvis's treat, Elvis's treat on making Hut brot you no it's not, I asked her. No, hold on, hold on, I asked her. I said, Robin, I said, I know it's your birthday. I know it's a Friday night and it's your birthday, I said, And I know we have these great dinner plans in Palm Beach to go out to dinner, I said, but would you like instead to take an uber down to Miami Beach and join Elvis at Carbone Beach pop up where there's going to be all kinds of amazing Italian food and a special guest performance from someone who we don't even know is going to be there, is going to be there. You do you want to do that? It didn't take her much convincing, because she's me, She's the female mate.
Speaker 3: No, because the way you just said it, You're like, do you want to go to the stodgy Italian restaurant?
Speaker 1: Well, you're wearing a shirt that said Carbone Beach on it at the time. Dude, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: So I'm dude, we can do the thing.
Speaker 1: I plan a nice romantic evening the two of us alone, where I can pay nothing but one hundred send attention to you and treat you like a princess, or we gonna go Come on, baby, thank you Alis Duran Brody can go and hang out with celebrities and my boss that I see every day. Shut up, don't focus on and I can. I can talk to my boss about work and make we inside work jokes that you won't get, and I'll focus on the celebrity performing and take an Instagram video and make sure all my followers know where I went.
Speaker 3: Or I can take you to a romantic place where I can just just gaze into your eyes and hold your hand and get you a nice bottle of wine and we can talk and we can plan you know, a future, and maybe go back.
Speaker 2: To the hotel. Why do you have to make it sound like that.
Speaker 3: Or we can hang around with a bunch of crazy people that we don't know and watch people get drunk and hang out with my boss.
Speaker 1: Brody.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's I want you to think carefully.
Speaker 1: Remember I'm paying for it, so we can I remember I'm paying for this whole trip, so we can go to the romantic restaurant and you had your hot set on that I put a lot of thought into where you and I can be a loa via birthday or hear me out, Robin, you know the guy I worked for. We can go hang out with him, even though I'm on vacation, right and watch some celebrity know what it is yet because regard to the restaurant, the nice restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, well we reel it in for serving Robin. No pressure, Robin.
Speaker 1: No, you know me, I I let her make the Robin, Robin. I would be terribly disappointed, you know me. This is like I live for this. This could be one of my greatest moments. And I know it's your birthday, but give me this, Robin. Please, Let's go to carbone Bach because it's so me. It's so me, and even though it's your birthday, it reeks of scary Jones and I can talk about it on the podcast and I told about on the radio show. And plus I'll get to hang out with Elvis, who I work with. I don't see him enough. Mario Carbone is going to be there.
Speaker 2: I'm listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But first of all, if this was not about me, I'm not a selfish fuck. It's if I left the choice in her lap. I said, Okay, let's all play, let's play. Let's say ultimately, it's up to you, Robin. You want to make the choice. It's your birthday, it's your plan. Because but listen, it's such a great it's such a great plan and an awesome gift. How can you how can you deny the gift of Carpo Beach on your birthday?
Speaker 2: It's an ultimate birthday gift. Don't you think?
Speaker 3: Let's roll play, Let's roll play. You just made that pitch to me. I'm Robin, Yes, you know, you know what's scary? I think it sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Anthony Anthony Anthony, But I you know, I love Elvis, uh and it's so generous to him to give up his table.
Speaker 3: But I was, I bought a new dress. I I really I don't want to be on the beach and outdoors. It's gonna be hot and muggy and buggy scary. I really want to be at this restaurant that I already picked. I looked at the menu online and I picked out with I want to eat and I really want to do that and just be along the two of us.
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Sure? How you'd react?
Speaker 2: I says, you know, s bullshit?
Speaker 1: I want you all to leave us to talk back on how you think Scary would react. This is how you'd react.
Speaker 2: Is I think scary react?
Speaker 1: But Robin Robinson Beach, Everyone's gonna be it. We're gonna regret it for the rest of all life. This is why, this is why, this is why I'm with the girl that I'm with, because she is like minded. She she she said the right thing by you. No, she takes it. Took zero convincing. She was like, oh my god, great, how do I have to dress? And I said, the dress code says Miami chic. So we're gonna Oh no, no, that's true. That no, No, there's a dress code at Carbon Beach. There's a dress code Miami chic. So okay.
Speaker 2: Now now again I asked this on Slice time. Was it s h E, I K.
Speaker 1: Miami chic? Hello chiic? So brody?
Speaker 2: Uh hold on?
Speaker 1: Yeah. First of all, I gotta tell you there's no way she can say no to you. After the build up.
Speaker 2: You gave it. I painted the picture.
Speaker 1: She's In the past, the Kardashians have showed up all the look Google Hey slices, Google Carbone Beach twenty nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, Google all the years and take a look at the pictures in the video and the kind of party that it is. It's not just about the awesome food, which, by the way, you get the spicy rig, the spicy rig, Brody. They they serve you, the meatballs, they give you. They shaved that parmesan in front of you. Baby. They take the block of cheese and they shave it. They give you the super sod and the mortodella and the persuta. They put it in the plate that's Carbone. So you're getting you're getting the Carbone experience by the chef who created Carbone in Miami South Beach with celebrities and a special guest performance at Carbone Beach. This is the to pop up and Brody, I'm gonna tell you this. Google the amount of price. Google the price for the tickets.
Speaker 2: The ticket price, Brody, Brody, I can't even tell you.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's, it's, it's. It's it's a it's a lot, a lot of money, a lot of money. And Elvis has offered not one, but two to to two place settings at Carbonage.
Speaker 2: Holy ship. I just googled it, not Google.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's a lot of money. It's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: And Elvis, Elvis, Elvis is like, yeah, he invited me, so it's a great a whole table. Yeah, he's got the whole table. He's got a whole table.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'm again. There's you can google it. There's a price for the table with ten people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. And I will tell you hold on whatever. Okay, but that said, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Gonna say prices. Here's what I'm gonna say. Saturday is even more expensive. Yeah, well Saturday is a lot more expensive. So I guess El's got a deal on the Friday. Well yeah, but he no, that's the day he wanted to go. But I was so yeah joking, I wasn't gonna look for a deal.
Speaker 1: Of course. No, he's like that. He's not like that. He Saturday. He wants to be back, he wants to be back home. But but I think that it's the it's so nice of him. He's the most generous guy I know. He's and and he's inviting me and Robin to go. I mean it's and because he you know what, he knows I love Carbone. He knows what we talk about it all the time. But but I said, listen, I have to I did tell him I have to ask Robin first. So I did ask Robin and she's like, of course you're kidding me. Let's go to carbon Beage. But Brody, I have a problem here. But you feel bad because you want to buy me a steak den No.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is Miami Sheic.
Speaker 1: It's like Brooklyn Industrial but completely.
Speaker 3: Different past and Brody, I just spent the last couple of minutes thinking about what you what Miami Chik is? Yeah, you have to google that. How would I know what Miami Chek is?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: I think? My what if I think Miami Chic, I think uh Don Johnson, I think Miami Vice, I said, I said, I said that on the on the on Slice time crack it and tough, and it's like you need a whites blazer with the sleeves pushed up. Yeah, Miami Chek is.
Speaker 2: Gonna be Linen.
Speaker 1: I gotta imagine lin Linen's loafers and white loafers and shoes or whatever. Yeah, loose fitting shirts. But you gotta also you gotta bring it. You gotta bring it with with the fashion. Uh I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think I own Miami chic. Bright colors.
Speaker 1: That's my Miami's got those blue, those like kind of baby blue colors.
Speaker 2: Right, I got Miami cheap. I could do that.
Speaker 1: How would you show up as Miami cheap?
Speaker 2: Like a plaid shirt from Coals? I don't shorts from from DJ Max?
Speaker 1: You know? You know?
Speaker 2: Oh I tell you said, Miami cheap. Sorry, I have one.
Speaker 1: I have one mode, the Scary Jones mode, Scary Joe, Scary Jones. Your mode is Ala mode scary. But you know is Scary Jones's shirt? When you see one, it's always the same shiny, very shiny shirt. Talk untalked, untalked, Yeah, right, with the button down, button down.
Speaker 2: But the collared shirt either long.
Speaker 3: Sat dark collared shirt, shiny shirt, get some ray on in it.
Speaker 1: That's not Miami Sheic. I gotta go shopping like tomorrow anyway. All right, well you're.
Speaker 2: All about dark colors.
Speaker 1: We'll move on.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can wear your theory shirt, your tied by Theory shirt.
Speaker 1: That's not Miami shee. No T shirts, no baseball caps, no shorts. So hey, you're always going on vacation, you know who else always goes on vacation. Amy, Amy, the woman who cuts my hair used to cut your hair.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how she doing.
Speaker 1: She's great. But here's the thing about Amy. Her daughter lives in Europe.
Speaker 3: Her son lives I forget where he lives, but not in this area.
Speaker 2: She's from Vietnam. I think. Okay, So she's always on vacation.
Speaker 3: So every time I see her, she's like, there's a sign up, I will be on vacation.
Speaker 2: Schedule your appointments. I'm going away.
Speaker 1: And she goes away for like two weeks because she's going far, So she goes two weeks.
Speaker 2: I have to recommend the Canary Islands tour next time.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I guess she and her husband do very well financially because I have the money to travel all the time. So there was a sign up that said I will be away from Tuesday to twenty ninth until like two weeks later. Yeah, well, I got my haircut, and I'm like, oh, that doesn't work for me because that's around when I need my haircut.
Speaker 2: So I kind of forgot.
Speaker 1: So on Monday to twenty eighth, April twenty eighth, I called. Now I know she doesn't normally work Monday. But because she the sign says I'm leaving the twenty ninth, I thought maybe she'd work Monday to twenty eighth to make a little lecture money for She went away, So I called and I said, Hey, is Amy working today?
Speaker 2: No, Amy's on vacation.
Speaker 3: I said, well, Amy's on vacation starting the twenty ninth, that's tomorrow. Yeah, so I was one of she does work Mondays, I said, I No, I get that, but I thought, maybe, well why would she be Why would she work today if she doesn't work on Mondays? She goes on I go because the sign didn't say she's on vacation as the twenty eighth say she's on vacation of the twenty ninth, so I assume maybe she'd.
Speaker 1: Be there in twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: Well, no, she doesn't work.
Speaker 3: So I got into this conversation with her, because if you don't work on the Monday, ever, then technically your vacation starts to twenty ninth because you're on vacation from work, right, So I was just hoping she shut up on this. So I can't get my haircut now from her for two and a half weeks. Yeah, and I need my haircut in about a week, So I'm gonna go a week and a half. Or would like, oh, Brody needs a haircut. Look, So I what I do is I trim a little myself.
Speaker 2: Oh do you really?
Speaker 1: What do you do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do a little on the sides when it gets a little poofy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, Yeah, would you consider h cheating on her? Okay?
Speaker 3: So about three years ago, I was due for a haircut, and so I was due, like I was past due. And when I called tomate the appointment, they said she just like it was that Tuesday she went away. Yeah, so I knew it was two and a half weeks roughly before she was back. So at that point I was already desperate for a haircut. I had to go somewhere else. So I went to this place. It's a I'm not going to mention the name, but it's a sports place where, like, you know, the girls are wearing referee jerseys that worked.
Speaker 2: It's all hot girls that worked there.
Speaker 1: Or guys who were like, yeah, what's up, bro we coming her haircut a shave, and they got TV sets and it's sports memorabilia and it's like, you know, yeah, coming. Yeah, watched the game. You want some whiskey before we go sit down? Like, yeah, man, how about it? How about a single edge razor shave? Yeah yeah, laid back on a chair. We'll give you a hot towel and a shave. Right.
Speaker 3: So I got a coupon it. It was like in one of those mailers you get in your town. You get like a hundred coupons in the mail, right, so it's like, oh, get it, get like whatever. It was like twenty bucks off your first haircut at sports Place. So I was like, oh, I'll go to sports Place. So I went in fucking pardon my language, smoking hot, you know, twenty five year old, twenty eight year old whatever, a girl in a referee shirt and she's like, Hi, welcome to sports place. You know, like okay, and I would like to sign up for a fan club. It's like the Man Club or whatever. Everything's like bro, yeah, bro, you know he's like I was like, you know, it's like how do you want your hair? I well, you know I'm dealing with what I'm dealing with, man, just make it shorter.
Speaker 1: Well I'm just making shorter, and you know, and they pamp you and I and you know what is it was a ship haircut.
Speaker 2: It was garbage, right, it was garb. It was all flashed out everybody, you know.
Speaker 1: But it was all about, you know, the image, and then we used to make you was hot. No place was like a bro place. I felt like, you know, it's a They wanted a voke. They want a voke. Oh I just I just gleaked. Yeah, you gleak? What did you do?
Speaker 2: When I saw it?
Speaker 1: One flying like spit just came right out of my mouth. I wasn't spit. I didn't spit, It just went. I gleaked from the back of my mouth. Yeah, like I squirted, amman squirt.
Speaker 2: E Oh don't no. It was weird anyway. So what was I saying?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, so they want to evoke an emotion out of you. They want to they want to make you feel a certain kind of way. So when you go in there, they they kind of prop you up emotionally. But that doesn't mean you're gonna get a great haircut. You're not gonna like like where Amy is. I gotta be honest with you. It's no frills, let's face it, be honest. What about No, No, you haven't been there. They've moved twice since you got your hair cut. It's still a strip mall parking lot, right, No, they're not a strip mall. They have a standalone place though, Oh do they. It's a much nicer location. My point was it's ninety eight percent women. It's more of a beauty.
Speaker 2: Salon at this point where I get my haircut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do men's haircuts, they do, but then it's mostly like older women getting their hair dyed.
Speaker 2: You know, they don't focused man's a fresh meat walking in.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, because I'm like a young guy compared to the woman who getting her head done. But I've been going to Amy for so long. I love Amy's. I go to Amy. But this sports place was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hot girls, Well, well, yead haircut, Kick back a.
Speaker 2: Drink, You want some espresso or you want some sambuca in that? Yeah, how about a hot towel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hot towel, as I said, yeah, if you want, we got we got, we got Cliff over there. You walk up the cliff and punch him. You want to punch Cliff? So and a lot of guy memorabilia. Oh oh, sports talk, a lot of sports talk flying around, right, but but didn't you feel bad? And did? And what was Amy's reaction when she found out that you cheated on her?
Speaker 3: Well, she could tell because it's been like eight weeks since I had been you know, and you know, my head wasn't like down on my ankles.
Speaker 2: So she knew. So I was like, listen, Amy, I felt terrible.
Speaker 1: I needed to.
Speaker 2: I went to some terrible place and it was horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, I you know, it's like you know when you tell you your girlfriend, you're like, you know, I kissed this girl, but she was ugly.
Speaker 1: I was drunk.
Speaker 2: That's the way I felt. I was like, this awful place I went to, I would that's the equivalent of what you did?
Speaker 1: You kissed the ugly drunk girl? Yeah? I kiss right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I was gonna tell, like, you know, the girls were hot though, I mean, listen, I I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking at these girls like I was interested. Happened to Amanda. She's Amanda's my hairstyle is.
Speaker 1: She stalks my Instagram and she she caught me cheating once because it was been it was five every five weeks I go for my my haircut. In fact, I'm due now and tomorrow I'm gonna go. Uh. And it was like six six weeks in and then I was on vacation and then she sees I got a fresh cut, and she's like, what the fuck? And then when I saw her next, she's like, huh, so you've been your has been being cut by other women. Huh, other people, not me. I said, well, I needed one. You were on vacation. Our schedules didn't match. And then I went to Florida and I decided to go into the Fountain Blue and go to the hair salon in there and get and get a cut. I needed it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's vacation, that's you know what that is. That's the girl who sleeps with the Jamaican guy on the island. That's what you did, was right because I was away Jamaica. Stays in Jamaica, right.
Speaker 1: So I was in Florida and there was no Amanda there and I needed a clean up. I needed I needed my my my cut. So so I got it, you know, but I went back to Amanda. You know, she took me back with open arms. Cheating on your your hairstylist. It's a thing and with women, forget it. Have you a lot of women that are just sick of going to the same place. They have to break up with their hairstylists. Have you Have you ever had a breakup with the hairstylist. That's that, that's not you know, I.
Speaker 2: Just stop going. I don't give him any I don't give him like that. It's not you, it's me. Story.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't go anymore. Yeah, but I who never cut my hair before Amy? I don't even remember who. It was easy for you to say, I mean, you could just like leave walk out without any not but iut feeling in my building. Yeah. But but they're not in the lobby of my building where I have to see them every day. I know. But you know, you develop a relationship with your hairstylist, so it's kind of tough. Yeah, of course, I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I cannot honestly remember who cut my hair before Amy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, because it's been that long, I don't remember. It's been that long. I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before Amanda, I was, I was with different hairstylists and then but Amy was the last steady hairstylist I had, And then it was a bunch of different ones until I found them.
Speaker 3: Here's an assignment. Here's an assignment for the slices number one slices. Have you ever cheated on your hair person? And then like, do you lie about it and not tell them? What do you make up a story like I didn't get no, no, my head just grown slowly. Or if you're slices or any of you hair cutting people, are your hairstylist, barb or whatever, and how do you feel about it? And do you like you call them out on it when you know they did it, or you just like, hey, listen, people have lives.
Speaker 2: They got to do what they gotta do. What do you take it personally?
Speaker 1: That's curious? All right? There was a talk back on the old iHeart Radio I Hit the Boys podcast. We will be right back, scary.
Speaker 3: I want to give you a riddle, Okay, riddle be this David Brody. Now, sometimes on and on Facebook, you get those videos that show up when you're scrolling, you get like a horizontal line of videos and usually for me, they are trivia questions of some kind, the math questions. I gotta stop clicking on them because that's the algorithm. So this was the riddle scary. Yeah, I'm gonna give Slices a chance. I want you to leave a talk back immediately with your response before I give the answer. So I want to know what your first instinct was. I am a rock group that has four members, all of whom are dead, one of which was assassinated.
Speaker 1: One more time, I'm a rock group.
Speaker 2: I am a rock.
Speaker 3: Group that has four members, all of whom are dead, one of which was assassinated.
Speaker 2: What am I all?
Speaker 1: All of whom are dead, one one was assassinated? Leave it, talk about hit talk and leave it. Don't say the Beatles, don't say the Beatles? What what's the matter? I want the slices to leave talkbacks. I don't need you to tell them not to mention well, just because we're gonna get a thousand people saying the Beatles And meanwhile.
Speaker 2: Ringo is the line that was the punchline.
Speaker 1: Of my story.
Speaker 2: You fuck? Did I fucking up?
Speaker 1: Yes? I'm trying to understand. Oh so, so you you think that this was my story?
Speaker 2: All of the people were guessing. No, it's not a trap.
Speaker 1: All the people were guessing the Beatles except two of them are still alive. But I feel like our slices are smart.
Speaker 2: Most of them are yes. But I wanted to know what they want.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see if they jump to the conclusion of the being a rock group, that's to be everyone's saying the so on this on this video, everyone's saying the Beatles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I won't give any other guesses I won't won't give any other guesses because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know the Well what's the answer. Well, we don't have the answer. Okay, So so okay, so here's the answer. Mount Rushmore. Oh, come on, you asshole.
Speaker 1: They're a rock group.
Speaker 2: I get it now. No one was gonna say Mount Rushmore, you son of a bitch. That's the riddle. So anyway, a related post.
Speaker 3: On a related post, somebody put up coincidentally last week would look like Mount Rushmore but using AI and it was four rock stars and it said the Mount Rushmore of rock.
Speaker 2: Stars okay, and it was uh. I don't know who it was.
Speaker 3: Jim Morrison from The Doors, Robert Planned from Led Zeppelin, Axel Rose who should not have been on there, and somebody else I rememb who was, maybe Freddie Mercury. It doesn't matter. So somebody wrote, if it's the Mount Rushmore of rock stars, it has to be all Americans because Mount Rushmore is the president. No, that's not what the When people say the Mount Rushmore of something, they don't mean the best for Americans. They mean the best four so that you have to limit your answer to four. Yeah, and by the way, Mount Rushmore is not the four best presidents. By the way, it's not why they would would you say that? Would you put Kurt Cobain up there? No bono?
Speaker 1: No? Because no, oh yeah, no, but bono.
Speaker 3: Before Kurt Cobain, Kirk Cobain had had had one fantastic album, one good album, one unknown album.
Speaker 2: JA Mick Jagger maybe, yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: In the conversation. Who else? I'd like to explore this a little bit because you're giving me some food for thought.
Speaker 3: All right, So so you could think about who you would on there. I mean, he's a great rock Jimmy Hendricks, Yeah, Hendrick, No, it was rock singer.
Speaker 1: Had to be rock singer. Singer singer, Okay, so it doesn't have to be best singer.
Speaker 3: You could you could say David Lee Roth was one of the greatest rock singers of all time. About Robert Plant from I said, Robert Plant, he was already on that. Yeah, Robert Plant, it would be Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my point is the argument I got into with with somebody, but like a two day argument, yeah, was that it's a figure of speech. And then he kept writing back, You're a fucking idiot, You're a moron. Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not trying to be a jerk. But where on Mount Rushmore do you see a prime minister from England?
Speaker 1: Not one?
Speaker 2: Mount Rushmore means all Americans, it doesn't like, yes, it's Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 3: So I so I googled what does the expression the Mount Rushmore of something mean? And I sent him I posted it. I posted a definition that means the four best of something in a category. It does not mean American. And he still told me I was wrong. Did you let him win?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, So who are your For the reason I'm asking who you think your four are? Because iHeartRadio's Facebook and and uh did a similar question, and I wanted to tell you what the responses were.
Speaker 1: Okay, so before the four and they could be female too, obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four biggest rock singers you think legendary?
Speaker 1: So that rock it can pop that rock. It's gotta be rock.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I can't be stop like an island can't be a continent.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, just like that.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, the song Islands in the Stream, it's about islands, island girl, It's about island, not a continent.
Speaker 1: I mean Prince.
Speaker 2: For his voice, you.
Speaker 1: Think, so, oh, we're judging just on voice.
Speaker 3: Well he's a singer, so yeah, okay, so you think he's one of the four greatest rock singers of all time?
Speaker 2: Singers?
Speaker 3: Would you consider he's a rock singer? I don't think he's a rock singer.
Speaker 1: No, he's not. No, he's a rock artist. I mean Lenny kra.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I would yeah, damn it. I mean I would say because alone from the Who? What about Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, any member of the Beatles?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, could say Paul McCartney or John Lennon. Yeah, yeah, but not Axel Rose, Axel Rose?
Speaker 1: Is you know now?
Speaker 2: James Hetfield from Metallica.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think I consider him a singer.
Speaker 3: I know he's a singer of Metallica, but he's I don't know, maybe rocks like a Axel Rose Axel Rose. The thing about Guns and Roses. They had three albums and an EP. Yeah, basically that's it. They really only had three years of being together four years. Appetite and Destruction came out in eighty seven. By ninety two they were done, so five years. Can you really put him on the pantheon him before great?
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 2: No longevity there.
Speaker 3: Ac DC has two singers that could be up thereon Scott from Rush. Oh, now you're talking, I would put I see, maybe, I see. I don't think of him as a rock singer, even though he's the singer of Rush. I don't think of him as the singer all right, Yes, I would put John Anderson from Yes up there.
Speaker 2: We're talking about very old stuff. Yeah, this is idea. We're really like digging.
Speaker 1: So Shieron's not going to be up there. I'm sorry, like you're not well. You have to have been around a while. What about Chris Martin from Coldplay? I don't know. He's more popped than rock. I think, well, what does well? What did iHeart say? What does I heart radio? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, So I hear rated it? So I heart Radio.
Speaker 3: In the same week coincidentally, they put up just one question, and it wasn't iHeart Radio, Popp, It's iHeart Radio, which is all formats. Let's talk about debut albums. Who has the greatest debut album of all time? So I'm gonna ask now again. It depends on who you ask now, Scary Jones, who do you think of the greatest debut album.
Speaker 2: Of all time?
Speaker 1: The greatest debut album of all time? You know, in any era everge in any era ever.
Speaker 3: That's what I Heeart Radio was asking, is the greatest debut album of all time?
Speaker 1: Debut? My god, well, Jagged Little Pill from Alanis Moore set that was. That's not the greatest of all time, but that's a great one. I'm thinking of someone's asking you to the great ones. I'm asking for the greatest, the greatest debut album of all time. Man, that's so hard to think about. Uh Tellers Swift did not have the greatest debut album of all time. She was a slow build. You kind of got me on this one, Brody. I mean, people say Nirvana because it because a lot of people will tell you that that that album Vana.
Speaker 2: The greatest album. Mind was this nefond album? Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Their first album was that crazy punk, crazy album Forgot You're right Pearl Jam ten was that their first album.
Speaker 2: Bleach Bleach? Yes, ten T was their first Pearl jam But.
Speaker 1: That wasn't I don't think that would qualify, right, I don't know, Brody, who are you thinking?
Speaker 2: What did I heart say? Well, I heart didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: I would I see for me, it would be like led Zeppelin one, the Beatles' first album, Appetite for Destruction.
Speaker 1: First album was not the greatest album, did dude? They were like boy band singers at that point.
Speaker 3: Okay, led Zeppelin one, Guns N' Roses. Appetite for Destruction is eighteen times platinum. Yes, one of the biggest selling albums of all time. Yes, Like okay, So I opened up the iHeart to see you know who did I heart say?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Did the listeners of iHeart Radio say?
Speaker 1: Oh? Completely different? Ye? The first one, Chapel Roone, Chapel Rone, of course, I mean, come on, I understand you.
Speaker 2: You know how old you are.
Speaker 1: And to say Chapel Rone had the greatest debut album of all time. That shows you're like, that's only your debut album, you know, that's yeah, you have to have had the experience. Now, I will say this, Uh, chapel Ron's album is a very strong one. It's a great album, and it's it's fantastic, It's it's gotten a lot, it's critically acclaimed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and I will cipher destruction compare it. Did chapel Ron's album?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Did chapel Ron's album change the face of music at that moment?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Did it inspire? Has it inspire? Hasn't inspired a generation of copycats?
Speaker 1: Yet? Oh? It will? It will it will? Yeah, She's she's an icon already, all right, Okay. The second album, well, what are some other answers? Mariah Carrey was was one. Uh yeah, m hm, Backstreet Boys in Sync was a lot, Maroon five, It's exactly what you would expect.
Speaker 2: It's the listeners of our heart.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And it depends on how.
Speaker 3: Again, it depends on your age and where you're I'm curious, slices, well, what you think is the greatest debut? And Babe, by the way, don't say slippery when Wet by bon Jovi.
Speaker 2: Was it was not his first album. It was the third album.
Speaker 1: It was there, And don't say the jump van to Halen album that was there, like fourth album, right.
Speaker 2: Fifth May nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, if you know, if you know nineteen eighty four by Van Halen, you you know it's not their first album. Like, if you're a Van Halen fan, you know. My point is, make sure it's their first album when you leave us to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I didn't know, but I forgot because Bleach was a breakthrough album.
Speaker 3: Bleach was their first album on sub Pop records. By the way, was Bleach? Yeah, Bleach and they had a different drummer.
Speaker 2: That's the black and with the black and white cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was black.
Speaker 2: And there's a guy like I think it's Kirk, like on the floor. I will say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bleach for me was not It's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 3: It was not anything special, all right, have a different I'm sorry, Uh, it wasn't it. Yeah, it was a different drummer. Yeah, who is the drummer? Scare who they?
Speaker 1: Who they?
Speaker 2: Who they get famous?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know who the drummer was. Who can you tell me?
Speaker 3: Not the first drummer? Then what the drummer of Nirvana? The drummer, Well, it's the lead singer food Fighters. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Okay, who is it?
Speaker 2: What's his name? What's the name, what's his face? David Grohl, Dave g Yeah, yeah, okay, it's a good minute.
Speaker 1: The lead singer food Fighters is the drummer of Nirvana and Chris Novaelic. What the drummer of the singer of Nirvana is the drum the lead singer of food Fighters is the drummer was the drummer of Nirvana, and the bassist was Chris nova Cellic Chris nova Selic yeah Celic yeah, yeah. Nobody remembers that either, but I did people know his name? Not a lot of people couldn't tell you that off the offhand.
Speaker 3: Well, he's the least famous of the three, and he gave he pretty much retired from music when Kurt when the band broke up. All Right, okay, all right, I love you, all right, I'm good.
Speaker 1: All right? You good? Is that good? For this break? All right? Good? All right? Okay, all right, good, all right. I gotta tell you about told Darren next. Oh my god, all right unless unless you have something something you have something? No, no, no, no, we were how many more.
Speaker 2: Breaks do we have? Last break?
Speaker 1: Last break coming up. Oh, Tall Dow would be great. Let's go. Now, what is it you? He's a shame to come on with us, and you won't tell me what is no slices, slices, I don't know tr true story. I don't know what what this is. Because I said save it for darn refused to come on. I said save it for the podcast. I said, Brodie, I'm not even going to tell you so Tall Darren has been a friend of mine for years. I was the best man in his wedding. He used to poses my publicist back in the day. He's great. He's and and these days he's living with his family overseas. But he's you know, he's from the States and he's had a lot of big jobs.
Speaker 3: Does he go to the Canary Islands normally? As as the Caribbean? Of is it told Darren's Caribbean? Yeah, he's been there once. This was his second time. And truth be told.
Speaker 1: The reason why we met there was because I was on a break, he was on a break, and we decided.
Speaker 2: And truth and truth be told. I miss you, Okay, it's a great song.
Speaker 1: Listen to you, China. Truth be told. I'm lying to be told, Truth be told. I'm lying, truth be told. That's uh all American rejects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe. So yeah, gives you hell yeh, look at that.
Speaker 1: Huh nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, so truth be told. I'll make you my dirty little secret. Oh so.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Darren and I decided to go to the Canary Islands because he's from there and he lives there and whatever. Anyway, we we met and during the during the time we were there, he spent some time on his computer taking zoom calls because he's being interviewed because in between jobs right now and and the history you have told Darren is he's a high level executive. This guy is like primo, top of the line, cream of the crop big time, Like at this point.
Speaker 2: Cream of the croppy rise to the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's never eat a pig because the pig is a cop I better yet, a terminator like on Schwarzenegga trying to play me out, like as if when many name was Sega, but I ain't going out like no, punk bitch.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go ahead the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get me started on House of Pain. So and so yeah, so Darren has been you know, in these jobs and he's high level, high ranking jobs and very high profile. And now he's in between gigs and he's he's always got the CMO job or the CEO. He sees that guy and he knows people who founded companies at this point, like he knows high ranking people who've founded big companies like Uber, like people like that. He's, oh, I know that guy. Anyway, I'm painting the picture. Because he was offered a job as the CEO of a major porno company.
Speaker 2: What brody.
Speaker 1: They came after him.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming they came before him.
Speaker 1: Also, ill, well, the recruiter, he's got a recruiter. You know, he's got a guy like looking. And they were like, you know, the setting up on all these interviews and stuff and the and it's one of the big, big, big, big big companies out there. I'm not going to say anything further. And they they found him and they're like, we want you. And he went through a series of interviews just to do it, just to say did he have to sit on the casting couch.
Speaker 2: Or did he ride the bank bus to the interview?
Speaker 1: Left all you want? If he takes this job, he's gonna left all the way to the bank. So because they pursued him bank, because they made him this offer, he is He's now in a dilemma because here he is with this long, storied, highly revered resume, and now he's about to add if he takes this job, which is so lucrative for him financially, he may he may start putting a blemish onto his resume. He may he feels like this could be his last job because is are people in the future gonna want to interview him after he's had this gig? Is it? Is it a stain pun intended on his resume? If he takes this gig? What would you do? Brody? H?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, you're fun employed right now.
Speaker 1: So if a porno company, and that's why I wanted to bring it to the podcast, because you could relate. If a porno company said, we like your credential, we love what you stand for, we admire your body of work. David Brody, would you be the CEO of our company and we're going to shove all this money in your face? The money shot, the money shot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would you would you take this position? Position? Which there's so many jokes people, but I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Have the off m sixty nine thousand dollars right, No, it's it was an incredible amount of money and benefits and he's sitting there benefits.
Speaker 2: What were the benefits?
Speaker 1: So he actually talked it over with his wife, and his wife was like, do what you got to do for the family, you know? So uh you know, uh yeah yeah. And what country would he be working in? Well, it's the company is worldwide, so he would, but he'd be working at No, it wouldn't put him out of his where he lives. He lives, you know, with his family there. He wouldn't have to He really wouldn't have to do very much. I mean he has to put together marketing strategies. Imagine that boardroom meeting about what he'd have to do in order to increase sales. Yeah, so they're offering him this gig and job. Well yeah, and and and here I am and a job?
Speaker 2: What kind of job? So many jokes, The jokes are endless on this one.
Speaker 1: So he he took a meeting like the final meeting, the final round, and while we were there in Tenerief, and then he gets off the meeting, he goes, holy shit, he goes, they really really want me, and this is going to be hard to hard to turn down. So he was given did he think long and hard, long and hard, long and hard about this? So he he decided. You know, he was given like a week to decide what he wants to do. But he's got to make a decision. I don't think he's made decision yet, but it's so attractive for him. What about you, Brody, I'm gonna turn it to you now because he hasn't given his answer. There's no ending to this story just yet, No no happy ending to the story. There's no ending or.
Speaker 2: Yet because we don't know it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: So in this in this story, the pizza delivery guy just rang the doorbell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what would you do? Slices?
Speaker 1: What would you do? I mean? Because but think about it, because it can have long term effects because what if what if this job goes under? But what if he gets this job and he can't perform hio?
Speaker 2: What if the job ends, then you're gonna then listen, it's out.
Speaker 1: What if the job ends, you can what if the job ends faster than he thought it was gonna end?
Speaker 2: What if it ends prematurely? Premature? Ending to the job.
Speaker 1: Well, then then what happens, like your your resume is out there, you can't hide it.
Speaker 2: People could google you and it's gonna come up.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anything ashamed, a shameful of being the CEO of a portal company, foreign company, I guess if I mean, I know this is gonna sound weird, but is it a legitimate porn company?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ship videos?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't, well know they they own other companies. It's a company who owns other companies. It's it's it's one that you probably haven't even heard of because it's.
Speaker 2: It was coard of any of them, because that's not my re.
Speaker 1: That's not your thing, because you don't you don't watch porn.
Speaker 2: That's correct. It's it's not a name.
Speaker 1: It's not a name that I that I recognized. It's it's it's actually one of those parent companies that live in the background but.
Speaker 2: Still with one Google search. You know what they're all about.
Speaker 3: Is it the parent company or is it hurry up before my parents come home bound? My parents are in the other room company.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, what would you do, Brody? Who is you?
Speaker 3: Well, I currently don't have a job. So i'd take it, you would, Yeah, how would you take that?
Speaker 1: Uh? Uh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have a problem with the job if But here's the thing. He has a great job. Now is is it much better than the job he has? No, he's in between jobs. He does not have a job right now. Oh I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so yeah, so he's on So he's between jobs. He's between he's between a rock and a hard place, like most of the actresses in these movies. Yeah, just between jobs jobs. Yeah, so he needs he needs a job. He needs a hand, Yeah, helping hand. You're very quiet on this one.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a tough decision.
Speaker 1: Listen. It's so easy for anyone to be like, you know something, Yeah, fuck it, they're gonna pay me. I forget it. I'll retire on this. And you don't know that what if? I guess it depends on the job description.
Speaker 3: If his job is to increase marketing and and exposure, and if it does, if you, if you are against the point industry morally, then then it's not a job for you. If you are fine with it, I think it's fine. I think as long as you're an adult and not being taken advantage of as underage drug addict teen. You know if it's a if it's adults performing, I don't. I don't have a moral problem with it. So I would not have a problem running the company.
Speaker 2: So you'd be you'd find.
Speaker 1: Creative ways to increase sales and stuff, because it's all about increasing creative person. I would downloads, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would, Yeah, I would increase the I would have loads of money co I mean loads everywhere.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have a problem with it, and I don't think most slices would have a problem with it. But listen, if it's morally against what you believe in.
Speaker 1: No, but he does.
Speaker 2: It's not morally against him. And he even checked it out talking about IM talking about I'm talking about people listening to the pope.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, But but he even checked it out with his wife, and his wife is like, he checked it out with his wife. Oh honey, let's do some research for this new job. Tell you.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know if he's going to take it or not, you know what, but whatever he will that his who knows?
Speaker 3: Is this the kind of thing that's his it's his style or not. No, it's not really no, because it was a more doggy style.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The picture I was trying to paint is his previous roles in other companies were these you know, doggy yeah, like yeah, more very traditional and more corporate, super corporate America and even the UK. He was with Apple at one point he had these big, big positions, these big roles. So would this ruin his track record for the future if he was to have to give the job up, then what then they're gonna he may not be hirable for the future.
Speaker 3: Listen, he's not a fluffer. He's getting a job as a CEO, right or or exactly. I think it's fine. I think it's fine. So they would be good. No staying on his Uh, they'll be staying on his couch, I'm sure. But other than that, right, all right, give it a shot.
Speaker 1: All right? On that note, what would is there? Is there something that you was on your mind? I mean, surely it's been like a week since we've spoken aside from slice time when we just like.
Speaker 2: I'll give you one one last thing.
Speaker 3: I remember I told you a few episodes ago about my mail carrier who kept delivering the mail to the wrong addresses just because it had a one A two uh in front of it two whatever it was. I said, oh yeah, two, And they kept coming to my house with the mail.
Speaker 1: Right, so.
Speaker 2: Tuesday of last week.
Speaker 3: Uh so, So we have a community mail where where I am now in the in the complex. So it's like a little hut where all the mailboxes are. So you just look for your apartment number, your house number, and you'll get your mail. Well, there's three long columns of mailboxes, and if you're the mail carrier, you open up the master lock at the top and all three doors swing open, so you can put the mail in each slot. You don't, right, you don't open up each mail box individually. Open the giant doors.
Speaker 2: Hold the door to the back of it. Yeah, we have a similar system in our building.
Speaker 3: Right, I go and look at the go get my mail, and all three doors are wide open and everybody's mail is exposed.
Speaker 2: I can take everybody's mail. Oh my god, that's awful.
Speaker 1: Right, So I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: I close the doors, but they don't lock because the lock is open, so that the little tongue that sticks out is sticking out. So it won't close. It will They won't close. So I so I go to the townhome building right where the people work, where the complex I live in, and I say, the guy, you got to see the mailboxes. Come look at the mailboxes. He's like, holy crap, all the mailboxes are open. He says, no, wait a minute. If I remember correctly, there's a latch and there's a thing, and you can you know, there's a combination of like you got to push this, pull that and it'll snap into place. So he figures out how to close this thing, get it closed, and he thanks me for being honestly, and he had closed. So he goes, I'm gonna have to report this to the post office that the thing was left open. I gotta let them know because because it wasn't locked, it was closed, but it wasn't locked. So he had to call the post office let them know that the doors weren't locked. They were just kind of closed, so if you kind of pulled on them, they'd all open again. Well that was Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 3: Oh, by Friday, I'm getting my mail on Friday and I see a guy, not the normal guy with the I go, hey, where's so and so Oh he got fired on Wednesday? What he goes? Yeah, he got fired. Apparently he was leaving doors open and he got fired. Did you get him fired?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: The guy in my community had to call in and get the doors locked. Yeah, but what was the timeline on that A day later? Oh, no, you got him fired.
Speaker 2: No I did not. Yes, you did, you got you reported it. I did not.
Speaker 1: The guy from the town home complex called it in to say the doors were unlocked. Yeah, but you were the one who told the guy from the townhome complex. You were the one who told him, and then he alerted. He alerted the other guy who got and he got fired. It was a domino effect chain reaction. David Brodie, you're responsible for this guy being on the.
Speaker 3: Beach right now. No, he's responsible for being on the beach. And he's not even on Carbone Beach, he's on the regular.
Speaker 1: No, you got this guy fired all indirectly. You got you reported him. I protect I protected all my my neighbors from having that male stolen.
Speaker 2: That's what I did.
Speaker 1: But you rang the alarm. You were the you were the whistleblower. You know what.
Speaker 3: The mail carrier who was working at Friday got a job, so I got because of me.
Speaker 1: He has a new route.
Speaker 3: And he didn't say the guy got fired specifically for that, because I don't know he got fired.
Speaker 1: They probably gave it to some slub and it added the route to guy's great a guy they probably got added. He's not new to the system. He's just like a fuck Now, I gotta do this building.
Speaker 3: He seemed happy about it. He's very happy, very excited. Yes, sure, Brodie, Now it wasn't me yet. All I did was say the doors are open.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess all right, Well he's sleeping on the job.
Speaker 2: I guess he gets.
Speaker 1: What he deserves.
Speaker 2: I hope he gets his mail forwarded.
Speaker 1: That's terrible. Hey, next episode, we got to talk about the woman who's being charged more to wax her bush because it's a bigger surface area.
Speaker 2: What oh, yeah, it's in the New York Post.
Speaker 1: This Australian girl Google should have been our lead story.
Speaker 2: That should have been a confident by the way.
Speaker 1: Next week, Boys, Boys,